Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, twenty nine, Episode three of gust Day production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast where we take a deep.
Speaker 1: Dive into America's share consciousness. It is Wednesday, March thirteenth, twenty twenty four. Oh yeah, Wednesday Day, thirteenth. Watch out people for Jason boorhees. Yeah, that's cousin I love. That was the first on Wednesday the thirteenth.
Speaker 2: First draft of that script was Wednesday the thirteenth. It's also hey, it's National Dermatologist Day, National Jewel Day, like just the concept of a jewel, my girl. Ooh sorry, but ACAB does include canine police veteran dogs. Yeahnesday, it's National Coconut Tour Today, National Good Samaritan Day, National Open an Umbrella Indoorsday. Oh no, not on Wednesday the thirteenth. I'm not trying to Jason pull up to my fucking place. National earmuff Day? Yeah, great, good time? Is that like.
Speaker 1: From old school? Like National ear Muffs Day? Like they just really like that joke, dude.
Speaker 2: The photo is like of a box or wait, what was whoch from Turner and Hoos? What breed of dog was that? You know? What I mean, like that orange?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, big slappy yeah boy. I think the technical name is big slappy boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big sloppy boy. But the photo is a big sloppy boy with ear muffs on. Oh really, so yeah, I don't know why. It's nothing makes sense, man, it doesn't make sense anymore. The one thing that that makes sense is that it's National Coconut Tort. Yeah good, Yeah you like Oh I love coconut Yeah yeah yeah. It's It's weird how divisive it is. I think people don't like the text. People like the flavor, but then when they eat actual like the fruit of a cok and like count.
Speaker 1: It's the cilantro of sweet tree. Like it's I think there's just like something inherent, like the genetic that divides people on that ship. Or maybe it's nurture. That's a that's a question for the ages or for Zeken. Let us know, is there is like do some people just have bad experiences with coconut or what is it?
Speaker 2: What is it? Anyways?
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien aka the south by Mouth Guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That was in my head this morning for some reason. Us you because I was sucking so many dicks last night at south By.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined, as I used by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 3: Miles Gregg aka come on, make your takes hot dinner, Nurner I they come home, make your takes hot inner, Come home, make your takes hot.
Speaker 2: Miles of Gray with that one damn little patch of Benettar. Panoramic View is back, baby, like the I don't know what happened you were in where the fuck you were living a life? Yeah, you got a life as nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, how come you were submitting a free, a gay aged well daily podcast every day?
Speaker 1: But I feel like Panoramic View aka Hannah Solstice Sultas Sultas like that feels yeah, And I feel like they always come with the ones that just I don't know, there's like some perfection to them. They feel like they could have been the original lyrics to the Yeah, it's it's the syllable, it's syllabic, it's the punching consistency.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, congratulations, thank you, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, Myles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a real dried up piece of ship as you as you said to him when he joined the Zoom this morning for some reason. Brilliant comedian writer act sure who's brought you comedy albums such as the Blake album The Stuffed Boy Live from twelve years of voicemails from Todd Glass to Blake Wexler and his new special Daddy lung Legs. Very funny. You can go watch it right now on YouTube. You must go watch it right now. Please welcome, the hilarious, the chaotic, the riding a recumbent bike in short shorts.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is Blake Wexler. AKA. We're going to get to know you a little bit better. But first we're going to tell our listeners a couple of things we're going to be talking about today. Guys, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Hey man, that's fucked up. Yeah, that's like AKA, that's how people refer through Jack. Nobody, nobody refers to as constantly. You're talking me right now? What you always are?
Speaker 2: You always are? Yeah? I am the staff of my mouth. What you thinking you are? You just came? Were you like like tossing and turning in your bed this morning? In your head? Weird weird time change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, there's a there's an alarm at my house, like somebody opened our garage in the middle of.
Speaker 2: The night, freaking my wife.
Speaker 1: My wife out, so we're, uh, you know, we're going on a little bit of sleep. And that's what bubbled the surface of my brain.
Speaker 2: And then you're talking about how you're philating the whole town.
Speaker 5: Of late in the whole town of Austin Man the of your tongue and the back of your throat. But did you ever go garaging when you were younger?
Speaker 2: Was that a term that you were aware of when I'm not would go to I guess like parents or I guess people now our age grown ups would keep beer in their garage and you would break into a garage. I do know about this from sea Isle City and yes, yeah, yeah, that was the Philly suburb of sea Isle City. Yeah wait, wait, wait, so that it was a good thing where it's like, yo, they have a garage fridge with beer, let's fucking bust in there and take the fucking beer. It's it's interesting. I think you're even taking it a step further of research. Where there was no surveillance, it was assumed there's a garage, Yes, there must be beer kept in it, because the garage is generally cooler. I think, like before you refrigerate it. People would just keep beer in the garage. But I guess they don't have a garage. But if I did, I probably wouldn't keep I would keep it in my basement, keep it in my gun safe in my gun. We went gun safing as well. Yeah, their firearms to be white. They have a bad time like just whimsically breaking a garage from beer. Yeah, that's part of a domicile, you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: When I was a you know, seventeen year old in Kentucky who just wanted nothing more than to drink at all times, I can't believe it didn't occur to me. Like I'm actually disappointed in myself that we didn't do that. We just like went to the liquor stores and played hey buddy, which is so humiliated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, hey man, he.
Speaker 1: Many, I'll suck you, dick man, come on, call me the south By Mouth guy.
Speaker 2: Get the away my nickname, bro, all right, whatever, wait man, yack. If you had a time machine and you can right one wrong or change one decision in your life.
Speaker 1: Garag Yeah, back in time and tell my teenage self. And there's this thing called garaging. You're gonna learn about in a few years because your cousins in se City do it. We're actually more likely your aunt and uncle like tell us that it's out of control.
Speaker 2: In Sel City. The youths are out of control.
Speaker 1: Out of control anyway, shout out to Sea City, man, what a town? Say it all right, Blake, yes, you you already said the thing that I say right now, So fuck you man.
Speaker 2: All you have a job to do. No one wants to work in.
Speaker 1: The first Tell listeners things to talk about. Uh, we're talking about Boeing because what's the blower died in a very suspicious way, and people are intrigued.
Speaker 2: This is fucked up.
Speaker 1: People got the phrase epsteined trending on Twitter, which like, I get that this is a very suspicious suicide in quotes, but do we really have to compare this poor man.
Speaker 2: To Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I could, like, what a horrible, horrible fate. So we'll talk about that. We're gonna look at Trump's Hitler fandom, which is real, Like the comparisons are obviously, you know, not like everywhere, like you just can't shake them. But like he is openly has been openly a fan of Hitler, I guess, not openly, but like not really trying to lie.
Speaker 2: Very well, yeah, I mean for some things and yeah, you know, yeah, well so well hopefully hopefully people will you know, maybe people come around now after hearing this.
Speaker 1: I think so we'll talk about THEEONS report on UFOs and we'll ask the question on everybody's mind. Did millennials kill chwoing gum too?
Speaker 2: We did? Yeah, I think so?
Speaker 1: Not my ass man, I got let me see how many packs have tried? How many past pack three? Three packs of fucking three packs? Chakor over here? Okay, three pack shaker? All right, But before we get to any of it, blake, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: You sick freak? Well, this disgusting pervert speaking right now. JP Morgan's knows, and because it was always like a reference of something bulbous and disc like, oh, this guy's got a real like JP Morgan knows right now, but like I didn't understand what the hell was actually going on with that guy's nose. And it turns out there's two issues. One dose was purple, which is you know, generally something that you would recognize right away about a person's interesting. Yeah, it's bad. Sorry. So he had roseasha, which then I believe turned into something called rhino faima, and which is caused like I guess the deformity isn't a nice term, but like caused it to be warped. Not that that's yeah better much, Yeah, warped. Yeah, so it's fucked, and I do have rhino faima. I do have a rule of thumb where I never wanted disease in which the prefix is that of a beast from Serengetti. It's generally something to avoid. But yeah, that's what was happening with his nose. And it's interesting too because most of those photos were black and white from right then and yet but you can like see the gin blossoms. Yes, yes, because that is that just from alcohol abuse? I think rosation. No, but I always figured it was from alcohol abuse. No, I'm just meant in his in his case, in his case, yeah.
Speaker 1: I always assumed that, and he knows they look like this had some complications from alcohol abuse, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cocaine, cocaine, cocaine and how bangers do now, Yeah, and facilitating the finances of the slave trade and manifested in that awesome look.
Speaker 1: It's just evil like bursting through his face. I do feel like sometimes just like the all the soul turmoil, just like.
Speaker 2: Nose and yeah, yeah, man, Jp, Wait, how did you what? What? What even spurred that on? It's because you just heard tell of people talking about JP Morgan's nose and like, let me, let me just check this out myself. Yeah, it's it's one of those things that you take for granted in life, You know that you just have these references to pull whenever your little heart desires. But why why the reference? How did the reference come about? Why did his nose look so messed up? So that's that's why apparently. Yeah, I'm more of a thinker and I'm liking the historian shit. It's history mostly. Yeah, like learning, there's a today.
Speaker 1: I learned here today. I learned that JP Morgan was sensitive about his nose. It was inflamed and purple due to rhino finma. He hated being photographed and always made sure photographers touched up his nose. So the ship that we have right now of his nose is the result of a propaganda campaign to make his nose look better.
Speaker 2: He put his best nose forward in those phottos. Yes, it's wow. That shit must have been gnarly and protesque.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ah, man, you hate to see it for such a good guy too, I agree, just didn't deserve it, that's right. What something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? Upside down pizza? Which is sauce on top, cheese on bottom in Maco and Manco style. Yeah, but even more so, like like Mango and Manco, I feel like is strips of sauce. Does that make sense? Yeah? Where this is a blanket more like a quilt of sauce. Where I'm when it comes to pizza to me, I know this is controversial. I don't want to start a whole goddamn thing with you two. You maybe fucking blow the shit out of everything I say. But I do like sauce, as sauce is my favorite part of a pizza, So I like, let's give me that first and then we can go from there with the cheese and whatever else or what have you. But I've been seeing it more and more it's been popping up in Philly. It was like a thing for a while, and now I've seen it around New York and other places. So upsating on pizza.
Speaker 1: I do think the sauce is the most important part of the pizza. It's the thing that is that determines the variability. I feel like, right, it's why Papa John's fucking sucks. Yeah, that's why Papa Jo sweet s. I mean, obviously there are three ingredient and they two of them can really go in a lot of different directions. I mean, crust is maybe more more important than sauce. Now that I now that I agreed with you out loud, my body rejected. It was Blake's got to be gone. But Blake's got to be wrong and gone. I'm going to got you out, But I wish you would try. I wish you would try. I'm going I'm going to tame up with that room service person. You didn't meet me along Island City?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? You didn't tip him? What? Three percent isn't tipping?
Speaker 1: Even when it's so annoying to have to figure out the three percent every tide because it's like a weird percentage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't have to. You don't have to ask the person either, Hey what's three percent of this? Hey?
Speaker 1: Guysbody know what the cheese bonding with the crust is also like kind of I think a thing that I like about that. You're not having the ship slide off huge. Yeah, that's a big scrup of slice. Yeah, but I kind of like it. Manco Manco's power. It's like all kind of mixed in together a little bit, you know what I mean. Well, you're a moderate, you're in the middle of mods what I am. And I respect Joe Biden's America.
Speaker 2: I know you that's why. Yeah, another thing we agree. I respect JP Morgan's America. What is uh? What's something you think is overrated? Overrated? Doctor Bronner's soap Ooh, it's the first of all if you if you've ever read that thing, he's amazing, Like the guy's crazy and absolutely nuts. And another thing, it's a very it's a very expensive soap too, Like for a jug like that, it's like fourteen sixteen bucks and what's three percent sixteen dollars? And it also I don't like how it cools you where if you put on doctor Browner's as a body wash. It gives you like a cooling sensation, which will then make me turn up the heat in the shower. And then I get out of the shower and I start sweating, which completely defeats the whole purpose of the entire experience. So doctor starts sloughing off your body? It does? I prefer to put this the soap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe that would indicate that doctor Browners is mentholated, a term that I learned from Miles when I complained about this very thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: When the cooling sensation of it's like a cheap, cheap hit. I feel like it's like a trick that I got my head and shoulder shampoo from TJ Max. One time inadvertently bought some mentholated head and shoulders shampoo and it's you know, head and shoulders like to brag about their tingle, and this thing was like more of a subtle burn that you know when when you're talking, shampoo goes all over your body, which not not what I'm looking for when I get out of the shower.
Speaker 2: But oh you don't upside down it, you know, in the shower a one handed head stand shampoo while I lather with you just drag an inversion table into your shower and you just get in there and you're like, honey, turn the water on. Fop me, flip me, I'm waterboarding. I'm waterboarding nose. The label, the Doctor Browner's label is it's the thing that it evokes the most, and it's weird because it's become influential. I feel like a lot of labels now the word count is way too high on I rocketed. Yeah, the love Corn label, love Corn is now in this hotel room that I'm staying And do you guys know hello, just so you know, we're delicious crunchy corn, love comic corn. And then there's like a whole fucking essay written by the product that you're eating in the thing, And like we believe it's like a combination of like cuts like meming ship and then like those we believe signs from people the yards right right right at love Corn. We believe that Twitter is ex And yeah, do you do that funny prank or you say it's funny. I think it's disrespectful where you go through all the things at the mini bar and then you eat them all and then fill them up with pennies? Is that is that? Was that?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: You fill up the love corn with all the pennies, Like, yeah, there you go, asshole. Yeah, take that. Enjoy that. I don't know, I saw it.
Speaker 1: And then and then when I go down to the front desk to check out, I'm like, I saw the cleaning lady eating.
Speaker 2: All the products. You know, blame on her, so I get away with it. Yeah yeah, yeah, Well, dude, the Bronner family is kind of wow. This guy's story is fucking wild. Yeah. The dude escaped Germany in nineteen twenty eight. He's a Jewish immigrant. His family was happy. Now Blake was killed. All I caught him finished, Let's see what I'll see. The family was killed in the Holocaust, and then he escaped a mental institution in nineteen forty five to start his business. So I'm glad I called him crazy. That's good too, That's really well what I call you didn't know? You didn't know, you didn't know, A term I shouldn't use anyway.
Speaker 1: The label does remind me of some signs you will see from you know, like the conspiracy theory signs that you'll see.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, where people have like bumper stickers that are this text DNSE and you're like, sorry, what did you say about m RNA?
Speaker 1: Never mind, we're seeing this raised to the like rise up as a as a labeling strategy. Just like just flood them with word count and they'll they'll be so dizzy they have to buy your product.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're walking into Alex Schmidt territory right now of getting into the labels of various products. Yeah, but yeah, that's that's a market he's cornered. So I'm going to stop you right there. Yeah, I actually really I created Alex Schmidt. Is that you're gonna say, Yeah, yeah, I take credit for just his existence.
Speaker 1: All me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I was gonna say that.
Speaker 1: I recently opened my refrigerator and like we have the baking soda, you know, in in there, and on the label of the baking soda, they offer you a chance to like join the community of like baking soda fans, like fans of their baking soda, and there's like a website and a phone number. Just like I really I kind of want to chase that thread like all the way, just like meet the other people in the community, just like kind of get a sense.
Speaker 2: Of like what they're all about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, people who's just like you devoted to baking soda armanhammer or is that who makes that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah that's oh man, dude, this guy there, I didn't realize. All that text is like his spiritual philosophy on the Doctor Browners label. Oh yeah, and then it goes deep. Man, there's like a whole documentary about his spiritual teachings on how we need to we gotta we gotta stick together on Spaceship Earth. All right, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: There's also about how nine eleven was an inside job Michael, so there was the other Michael that began working in two thousand.
Speaker 2: Michael Browner assumed presidency after the company or of the company in twenty fifteen, and promoted his brother David Browner to the position of CEO, which stands for Cosmic Engagement Officer. Yes, finally, hell yeah, dude. I don't know if this is a like Behind the Bastards episode or an Alex Schmidt episode, but that's the rest of this episode, is what it is. Yeah, Oh no, dude, And that now they're like they're all about supporting therapeutic use of m d M a for PTSD. Okay, they're vibe there, vibey, I gotta really vibe. I want to know more. Uh, Blake, this was your overrated this is something you hate? Yeah, well I guess that was just something I don't understand. That's a category.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. Man, Well you're on the wrong side of history. Good do A have you here on the show. And we're gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 1: And man, I can't wait to see how Blake fucking sides with Boeing on this next story.
Speaker 2: You know we already know. Oh god, how did you get to south By? Southwest Mouth? Man? Huh? You type a plane did you take? Was it a Lockheed? I hitchhiked all the way down. You know what it was? It was a bowing but only but only two wheels fell off? All right?
Speaker 1: So Boeing whistleblower has died in a very suspicious way. So he was a former employee turned whistleblower. John Barnett died of quote self inflicted gunshot wound. The suspiciousness of his death led to the phrase, as mentioned Epstein trending on Twitter, who just all all the worst fates? That you can suffer in this world, like not fair. Please, let's not do that to him, Just say it's suspicious. Without comparing him to famous international pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, the.
Speaker 2: Ball need would have been still inappropriate, but more at least not negative, at least not a pedophile island person. Yeah, you know, no, but as we found out later, a vile islamophobe. And is that true? Oh oh shit, God damn it. I'm over to today, aren't I No that happens, you know, you're like, you're like, all right, because American immediately like, hey, he doesn't he doesn't like our enemy. Let's look past the other stuff. Huh yeah, no, one hundred. It's also I was laughing too at your reactions to Jack talking about Jack's whistle bowling up his own. And I think we were talking before where we might need to have Jack have a snack if he starts confusing words, but we did not talk about why Jack might need a snack if he just starts talking about talking about people by mouth. Guy, Yeah, that might be the flag. Yeah that's waving.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm happy with this, and when I finally eat later on, I'm in no way going to plummet back to reality and be like, oh my god, justin what happened to cut all that out?
Speaker 2: What the why'd you let me say that? Good God should have told me to eat something.
Speaker 1: But you know, I'll sleep in the bed I made. So. He worked for Boeing for thirty two years as a quality manager of a plant, which quality management, as we've discovered, is something that Boeing has had some problems with, and in twenty nineteen he told the media that Boeing had been quote deliberately fitting substandard parts to aircraft on the production line. This included faulty oxygen systems so that one out of four breathing masks would not work in an emergency. Good God, those were just like ornamental, the breathing masks. One kid, Yeah, before you put your that's like one of that's pretty important. That's not one of those things that you can just like get by, like the buttons that are actually not doing anything, like the crosswalk buttons, or like the door closed buttons on elevators. You know how those like are just there to make you feel like you're doing something. You can't do that with oxygen masks. I don't think those are pretty important. They would occasionally use parts from scrap bits. They like they would build planes using ship from the garbage, which allegedly, yeah, alleged allegedly. Yes, that's as our writer Jam points out, that's how George Costanza would build an airplane pulling shit from the trash.
Speaker 2: It's it is. It is suspicious because he's like, this is in the midst of him in the middle of a lawsuit against Boeing, Yeah, for quote detegrating his character and hampering his career, and he wasn't done testifying it. That's why I think that that's what makes it so murky. And then his own lawyer said he died from an alleged self inflicted gunshot wound.
Speaker 1: So he's in like he's in Charlotte or Charleston for this case against Boeing conducting legal interviews, staying at a hotel and he was found in his car in the hotel garage, so he literally died well in the process of giving testimony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's suspicious. Yeah, murky, murky, murky stuff. And I mean when you see that, I don't know, I mean, like you look at what a corporation like that stands to lose with everyone, like you know, coming down on them for their terrible business practices. It's God, twenty twenty four, what a time this is like, and it's like days after we were talking, like that fucking wheel just fell off a Boeing plane in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: They're on takeoff and you're like there was also a news report where like the pilot allegedly like lost control of a Boeing plane, and like after the flight he was like, yeah, the everything in front of me just like shut down and like the plane plummeted. We had so fast that like people were bloodied. They were like they hit the roof of the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and fifty people or something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool that I we got to hurry up this recording some while so I can go catch our flight on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a good free flight thing as a palate cleanser. I don't know if this pallet cleanser or not. But when I visit my parents in Charleston, that Boeing factories right next to the airport, so you drive by it and see I think he worked on some of the Dreamliners, you know, like those massive planes that Boeing is buildings so yeah, you see them building those. But at TSA Charleston's very small airport, they have almost like an elementary school bulletin board that says nice catch on it, where it shows all the shit that the TSA people catch that you're not allowed to bring through. And it's just like six handguns, knife, like just all a sword like it's all right, yeah, it's it's it's almost like a music catch. I love that gold star for Terry this week. Nice catch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good hands, good hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, this is the hands team exactly for the on side kick.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for adding that, just to show us another way we could die on the flight today.
Speaker 2: They catch it, they catch it, they catch it. Nice catch too, nice catch.
Speaker 1: There's so many people like I can't remember not to bring a gun on an airplane. That is always amazing to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I carry it so often it's almost like a part of me.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like not bringing a wrist. It's like a packet gun. Oh I should leave my wrists at home. Yeah, okay, literally don't even know how to do that. So I'm getting on this plane with a blamer. All right.
Speaker 1: So Trump's Hitler fandom has not been a secret it for basically, I don't know, since the nineties, but it's like one of those things that's just a part of what we know about him. But it's like, you know, because our brain works the way it does, it's just like we just were like, Okay, yeah, he's like he's in the Hitler and like it. It just bears revisiting every once in a while, especially as he becomes more and more openly hitler ish, like dictatorial in his policies and everything he's saying. It's it's not surprising given what we know about his actual affinity for actual Hitler. So John Kelly a hero made headlines by revealing my hero in this in this household, we believe John Kelly is a hero as a hero recently made headlines by revealing in a new interview that his old boss, Donald Trump routinely praised dictators. What Now, That's probably not the thing that was surprising people, but he did shed a little more light on how much Trump loves Hitler. Repeatedly defended Hitler, who he would say did some good things, like how he rebuilt the economy, also expressed admiration for Hitler's hold on senior Nazi officials like that. That was something I remember from his presidency, that he would just always be like I wish I had to like Hitler. His his people were super They listened, loyal, They everybody listened to Hitler, didn't they. And Kelly was like, well, his generals repeatedly tried to assassinate him.
Speaker 2: And He's like, didn't know that. But anyways, let's watch this Tom Cruise movie about him being a Nazi. That's probably gonna be something good here. Oh, I didn't kill Hitler. I just wanted to switch excerpt this, this bit of the Salon article. He said, well, but Hitler did some good things. I said, well what, And he said, well, Hitler rebuilt the economy. But what did he do with that rebuilt economy? He turned it against his own people and against the world. And I said, sir, you can never say anything good about the guy. Nothing Kelly recalled. According to Shoudo, I mean Mussolini was a good guy compared Sorry, I mean Mussolini was a great guy in comparison. Just the dumbest conversation, A really bad conversation, right, hey, man, if you want a big one of them, Like, here's a bad guy. I'm like, he's like just having to like do a chart of like the worst the higher Hitler really bad.
Speaker 1: Stop saying good stuff.
Speaker 2: Benny Musso in a close second if you want, but you know, pick one.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's just been a lot of talking about Hitler's fandom lately, after he started paraphrasing old Hitler quotes about how immigrants are poisoning the blood of our country. His defense in that case was that he couldn't be quoting Hitler because he never read mind Comf, the world's only source.
Speaker 2: Of learning about Hitler.
Speaker 1: Also clearly the weirdly specific lie of a person who has read mind Comf, Like, right, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: I've never read this one. I've never read Mine Komf or My Struggle by Adolf Hitler.
Speaker 1: I know nothing about Hitler. I'm not a student of Hitler. I never read his works. That's a direct quote his works. Oh so there are works his art, I mean his art, I mean not his art, his his his you know. Yeah, then immediately called that statement into question by pointing out by the way, he didn't say it the.
Speaker 2: Way I said it either, by the way right I said it better. I like even like his ex wife was like, yeah, dude, he's got a book of his collected speeches by his bedside table. Yeah. And like when they asked, when someone asked him in an interview about that, he's like, who told you that? Yeah, straight up said who told you that? Oh, no, you've been caught. You've been caught.
Speaker 1: That sounds super innocent. And then he clarified my friend Marty Davis from Paramount, who gave me a copy of Mine komf and he's a jew. So the reporter went to Marty Davis, which I'm sure sure Marty Davis was thrilled by that quote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's like, what what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Man? Davis later stated that A, it was not my coffee, it was a book of collected speeches, and B he's not actually Jewish.
Speaker 2: Which Marty, that's that's pretty that's pretty spot on Trump's style lyning, He's like, what I need to say to completely neutralize this, And then when they say it's this or that, I'll just say it's it's fake news. It's fake news.
Speaker 1: He brought the book up again and somehow sounded even guilt chair with this quote. If I had these speeches and I'm not saying that I do. I would never read them.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean yeah, it's he's he's he's trying, he's trying, and he's failing so bad. Like yeah, this thing. You also find out that Trump's family is really German and not Swedish as he said in the Art of the Deal. And yeah, Fred Trump hid his quote German background because most of his tenants in Brooklyn were Jewish. And yeah, when Trump's cousin would visit his office, he would click his heels and say, heile Hitler, all right there, which in this article they're like, but it's like possibly a quote, possibly a family joke. Okay, that's a weird family joke. That's a bad, bad family maybe. Yeah, yeah, family joke is like being like, hey, hey, go die your uncle's shoe laces together. You have a real goof at this one, not clicking your heels and saying hile Hitler. But and when that family runs the country, that's when this starts to be It's truly just like so wild again.
Speaker 1: It's like the thing that we talked about with regards to like the whole rise of authoritarianism and trump Ism in America is like was mind blowing for a number of years the most front page news, and now it just seems like it has everybody's used to all this shit, but like this is like cartoonish evil, like just on the surface, Like it goes back generations.
Speaker 2: The stuff about his dad.
Speaker 1: So there are unconfirmed rumors for years that Fred Trump was not just a white supremacist but a Hitler write and the stuff that is confirmed is wild, like that he was arrested in nineteen twenty seven at a KKK.
Speaker 2: Riot, but it wasn't a Nazi thing. He was just KKK, which that's what he'd say, that's his KKK though it just wasn't It wasn't a NTZ.
Speaker 1: In the nineteen thirties, he was part of a larger New York City based German American community, many of whom were members of the Bund, a fifth column pro Nazi group that marched around in uniforms adorned with swastikas, and a journalist at the time common and old man Trump must have instilled in his family business Air Donald, a strong belief in the causes of the Nazis and the Bund.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I don't know you. It is scary that it has become so much more normalized, where with Trump in particular, so much of his ship we're just used to because he's such a cartoon where you wave it away, but then it's not being the problem is that it's being waved away, you know, where like we need to actually attribute these horrific things to an actual, real person who could become president again. And there has also been a rise in like in particular Hitler quoting, like quoting Hitler in Sports two in the past few years, where like DeShawn Jackson, who is a famous wide receiver, had quoted Hitler. Kyrie Irving, who's you know, like an All NBA player if you don't know, had wrong, had quote not just quoted Hitler, but didn't even correctly quote Hitler, just said something anti semitic and said it. Hitler said it, Hitler didn't even say it. Yeah, so it was even I think, yeah, yeah, like the more these things happen, the like more we get jaded to it. But to your point where we can't get jaded to this shit, Yeah it's still bad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's like there's kind of an an inevitability about it.
Speaker 2: That was also how old.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not saying yeah, like we need to find a way about the we need to find a way around like that it is a natural thing. But because this is again what happened, like historians say, this is exactly what happened in Nazi Germany, like when Hitler first came to Power front or when Hitler first like came on the scene, not to power, but like you know, the beer hall pushed and like all the all the stuff that, like, you know, him going to jail for like trying to take over the country. It was front page news. Everyone's like, man, this guy, what what the fuck? And you know, everyone was fascinated by it and scared of it. And then he just like hung around for ten years and kept doing wild shit and then like you know, changed a couple things about his publicity approach, and eventually it just was no longer front page news. It was just like oh yeah, well yeah, the anti Semite who's trying to take over And then he took over.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's uh, it's not good. It's not good. Yeah, pretty yep. Money and if if you need it anymore anymore to be like yeah yeah yeah yeah, yeah him bad. I mean, like most of us were like, you know, if you you like look up to your dad, and sometimes it's just like, hey man, we like the Lakers. Man Magic Johnson's School, Kareem is too cool, and I'm like, yeah, yeah, the Lakers, So I'm a Laker fan. But if your dad's like, hey man, the third Reich bro, that's that's what daddy thinks is the coolest, right Donnie. And you're like, yeah, dad, and now look at you, uh, slippery fucking slope and yeah, and he's like and he's not even good about hiding it. It's like so weird too, where he like says it outline, like oh no, nobody else, nobody has a dad was a Hitler. Okay, the family first all, First of all, I never read Hitler.
Speaker 1: Second of all, you're quoting him incorrectly. Okay, not even trying to fucking hide it. All Right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: And so we wanted to check back in on the UFO story because we have an update from the Pentagon. Yeah, obviously, the Pentagon. One of the reasons that has become more of a story, like a mainstream story in recent years is because the Pentagon has been more a little bit more transparent, not like fully transparent obviously, but like transparent for the Pentagon, which isn't saying much, but still they like declassified some videos that we're confusing. And now they're coming out and saying that the All Domain Anomaly Resolution Office has released their findings and nothing to see here, no evidence of extraterrestrial technology. Most sightings were misidentified ordinary objects and phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, that's it, So just shut the fuck up now, right, They're just misidentified ordinary objects and phenomena. It's just like, well, then you want to fucking describe that. Then a little bit has been like yeah, that's phenomena, which like stuff things happening, like they even addressed like other theories that are out there. They're like, the ARO recognize that many people sincerely hold versions of these beliefs. The goal of their support is not to prove or disprove any particular beliefs that but rather to use a rigorous analytic and scientific approach da da da dah. They said they found no empirical evidence for claims that the USG and private companies of the US government have been reverse engineering extraterrestrial technology, and they have determined, based on all information provided to Day that the claims involving specific people, know locations, technological tests, and documents allegedly involved in or related to the reverse engineering of extrastrial technology are inaccurate. But also the same agency also announced that they're working to develop a sensor kit to gather better data on things that are flying around to hopefully get some kind of I don't know, better understanding of these phenomena. And now like many of them, you know, phenomenon and a lot of the UFO people are now saying that, like, okay, well, since the Pentagon has now come out and said that this stuff are these are not UAVs, and you know there are no secret labs and like maybe whistleblowers to be able to be able to testify in public. No, that's not what we meant. That's not what we meant. We mean that the other like real the theory that I see in like the UFO community that they're really like, we're not, I mean a theory that I see people just sort of talking about more and more. It's sort of like, since they're talking about the release of these Gremlin sensor kits, is what they're calling it to gather more data. They're saying like they're going to use this to control the entire narrative now about how we understand UAPs, because they fucked up by keeping it a secret years ago, So now they're going to use these sensors to be like, actually, that's wild. We'd have found things, so maybe we do need to have a discussion about this. But we only found this out now because of these sensors that we developed, not because of that allows them to track us more or what's there. No, it's it's more to okay again, this is the tinfoil theory. Yeah, it's it's giving the US government and the Pentagon they're being they now have control over the narrative rather than right now it's like the fuck up man, I know we have that shit, but just fucking neck like it doesn't fucking exist. Where now they can have this report and be like, yeah, all that is fake and it's all okay, like it's they're not really UAPs, But we actually have now with these new sensors we've just developed, we have gathered evidence that maybe actually maybe something is different. Yeah I don't know, it's I mean, it doesn't make sense to me either way, But I feel like.
Speaker 1: I've read the full report, but I feel like to truly make this convincing, they need to have like an editorial sense of like the stuff that is actually compelling evidence or like compel compellingly mysterious, and then explain in what we're seeing in those like videos or in those eyewitness testimonies, Like it's just weird that all these people inside the Pentagon would choose to press self destruct on their careers at the same time like inside the military, where it is overtly like just career suicide to be like, yeah, I just saw a UFO Like people like those pilots who those Air Force pilots who saw the tic TAC like circling their plane like with their naked eye, like came back and everybody was making fun of them for like weeks, Like it's not a cool thing. So it's just like it's just confusing to me why like is the crackpot UFO theorist industry that much more profitable than like military bureau crat with like you know, a pen like health insurance.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, it feels what you'rezing weirdos are unionizing, so it's actually more lucrative than it used to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like there's better incentives to stay quiet and shut the fuck up, so like these people are having to take a risk to come out, and like I for a while, it was a lot of people with like weird facial hair who are like, you know, just had you know, backgrounds that weren't necessarily making them the most reliable source on like military intelligence. But then there's just this flood of whistleblowers and like I feel like there needs to be some sort of better accounting for what these people are saying, Like I just need I need maybe and maybe it's not coming from the Pentagon, but like then I need the long read version like in the New Yorker or you know, some journalistic outlet that's going to like put in the resources to be like all right, Like so here's why these people are saying the lies that they're saying, Like it's the incentives make sense in this way they're getting like YouTube money, you know, Like I just I just don't understand it, and like maybe some skeptics out there can help me understand it a little bit better. But it can't just be like no, these people are fucking stupid. They're they're lying, and like, you know, because it's so many different people with like no clear incentive to lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the only one would just be the attention and like that's it. That's the only one that like that is like on its surface makes sense, and it's like, well, maybe they don't value those other things. They purely like to be someone who is the center of attention and can like completely captivate a room by doing make them ups about whatever they saw. But again, like when you see the kinds of people they're like the most buttoned up, like yeah, like career military people and pilots, You're like, I don't know, man, like maybe, but again I think the thing is like when you say phenomena, like use use the fucking the resources that you have scientifically to actually help people understand that if that is the case, rather than being like dude, they're like they're just like drones and spyplanes and like phenomena. Yeah, okay, sure, all right.
Speaker 1: Should we talk about whether millennials killed the chewing gum industry because we need.
Speaker 2: To address this. I'm addressed. I'm mad. Yeah, you know, I mean, cusp and I'm pissed at you guys. Well, well, look, the onset of COVID maybe had more to do with people masking and not interacting face to face as much. Chewing gum basically started to bottom out. The sales started to bottom out in twenty twenty, like, they were down like by nearly a third, And why wouldn't it because ensuring that your mouth was fresh and mintee was probably the least of your worries.
Speaker 1: In But even wanting to make a bottom out joke about what I'm doing down here at South Bay, and that's not fair enough.
Speaker 2: I think you're great, Okay, I think this is actually a high for you. My bottom is not out.
Speaker 1: It's purely a mouth thing.
Speaker 2: I appreciate. Yeah, thank you for so keep that in and so like. And even since twenty twenty, sales have been like barely began to recover, and that's mostly because they're just charging people more for gum. So like, gum sales rose less than one percent to one point two billion units last year, which is still thirty two percent lower than like pre pandemic levels, but the sales in dollars are back to pre pandemic levels, and again that's just because they're charging people like a dollar more than they had, so they're just making up for it with the money, which you're like, oh right, right, this is how this is how this ship works.
Speaker 1: No, inflation's our fault. Inflation is actually our fault for getting paid more for Yeah, it's because they Uber drivers tried to unionize exactly.
Speaker 2: They went woke, and now our gum costs three dollars a pack. But like it's it got so bad that a lot of candy manufacturers have sold off their gum businesses, and some have resorted to killing off beloved gum brands that have been with us for like fifty years, like super Bubble gum we know that one, and also famed currency fruit stripe gum if you remember home alone to anyone, that was what he would give as a tip was fruit stripe, fruit stripe rum. But millennials maybe also kind of did kill gum because gen X apparently they tend to chew more gum than any other age group, Millennials so.
Speaker 1: Much fucking gumb. Maybe this is me being like more gen X than millennial because.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I mean I have a pack of gum like in my backpack, like that's kind of like part of like my travel thing because I was always like raised to be like you gotta chew gum for the altitude or whatever, like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm more of a mint bitch, you know, because like this might shock you, but I grind and clench my jaw and I and I don't chew gum anymore because it tires out my already fatigue jaw from and I would imagine a lot of other people right now are stressed to the not you two, of course, but you know, like us, normal hardworking Americans are stressed to the point that we climch at nights so we have to suck instead of chew. So yep, yeah, But there's not just generational differences though, Like people are just kind of like more carb and I guess sugar conses. They also aren't into asparta may and artificial sweeteners, so that's also creating a decline. So what is the industry to do. They're now trying to shore up cells by referring to gum as a stress reliever and also targeting gamers with gums that have like vitamin B and like green teaen and to quote help them focus energy gum and also trying to make people think of gum as less of like a shit breath defense mechanism and more of like a wellness thing. So yeah, I don't. I don't. I'm good luck with being like, yeah, man, this gum is like your road to fucking nirvana.
Speaker 1: They need to double down on getting dentists to recommend chewing it. That was the thing for me, Like, I just associate Trident because of like one commercial in the early nineties that I saw, like when I was a kid, that was like nine out of ten dentists say, if you can't brush true Trident. I'm like, yeah, this is basically brushing my teeth, and it's also candy.
Speaker 2: So that's great. They should double down on that lie, not the wellness lie, right right right right. Gatorade had a gum. I don't know if you remember this where it was called a quench gum, and I you'd love to know the science behind how when you chewed it your mouth just got filled with saliva and it was crazy. Yeah, well, and it's discontinue. They haven't made it in a long time, but I do remember that being even back then they were trying to find Oh no, they made quench gum still. Oh for real? Oh yeah, not gatorade. It's not a gatorade one though, right, No, but like the og quench gum. I remember like if you went to like sports Chalet or whatever, it would just be like they five. It was just like in a big tub by the register, like as an impulse spine. I'm like, mom, I need this for basketball practice. He's like, no, you do not.
Speaker 1: More like drench gum your mouth, thank you. That is what I chew gum for is to is to get like saliva going, you know. Yeah, that's one of the good things about it.
Speaker 4: I would swallow the gum immediately, yeah, because I was like, oh man, it's so juicy. And then I'm like I just want to eat this. And then I just swallowed it, and I'm like what am I doing? And I just ate a half a pack of gum and my mom's like what it's okay, Well I do that with chapstick.
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention I also have ice breaker cubes. Fourth thing of gum on my desk.
Speaker 1: This is really icebreaker ice cubes, Arctic grape, really delicious gum for I'd say twenty to twenty two choose and then the flavor is gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Is the best at holding its flavor that I've found. Fruit striped gum. You know, I don't want to talk ill of the dead, but like three chews, like you got three choos and then that shit tasted like fucking you were chewing on a piece of plastic. And also gatorade was like not like that shit went bad pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah in my opinion, yeah, just go just chew that wellness gum folks, you know.
Speaker 1: And so the we're gonna get some Gwyneth Paltrow gum at some point.
Speaker 2: Well it's like they're trying to do stuff. It's like, oh, it's got natural ingredients, Like it's this kind of fucking rather than like the traditional ingredients that are made to make chewing gum, this is like natural, this comes from the earth. So this is like the most natural kind of chewing gum you could eat or chew or whatever. Look, man, just just just give us, just give us some shit we could just chew and make our salivary glands go bonkers.
Speaker 1: I mean, the millennials are gonna need to start chewing gum once. Everybody has to quit vaping at some point, and they're getting older, you know, so just just wait, you'll you'll be into gum. Wait, what are we vaping like nicotine?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Isn't everybody vaping vape in their nicotine?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean younger kids are, like I definitely see like younger kids get hitting those flavored vapes. I don't know. People around me, they're they're just normal, regular everyday pieces of shit that smokes cigarettes. Oh really, I know few. I know a few smokers.
Speaker 1: Still, Yeah, I have seen like it does feel like cigarette smoking coming back. But again, like gum chewing is a good alternative to.
Speaker 2: That, right, and that is like one of the few test cases where the gum industry is like yeah for people like who are getting into nicotine cessation, like that is something that helps. Yeah, but there's not enough of a market, so they're just gonna go after gamers and the Woo Woo crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go have nice little chew break, you know, just go go down to the smoking section, have chew.
Speaker 2: It's like it's good because we're the same. This stick of gum. It actually only lasts for about the same duration it takes to smoke a cigarette and then it becomes a flavorless fucking wad. Still bring a lighter so you can have that interpersonal, you know, dynamic of Yeah, with the stick of gum between your fingers. I get sick and they're like smart, Yeah, alright, it's just this limp piece of gums waving it around to discuss what it was, flatty sticker, Wrigley, it's my hair.
Speaker 1: It's a you know, it's a social thing that us gum chewers like to do. Just sit down and have a nice chew together. Well, Blake Wexlerk, It's been a pleasure, as always, always always a bit unhinged when you're on so and I don't actually it's you bring you bring it out in me, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: You were way worse than I was today. I don't even think, yeah, fucking mess because they didn't need his food.
Speaker 1: I haven't eaten yet. Yeah, I've got a got a salad sitting right here waiting for me. Some nice hummies. Where can people find you? Follow you all that could stuff?
Speaker 2: People can find me? Can find my stand up special Like you said, it's called Daddy long Legs and that's streaming on YouTube, and then stand up dates. This Friday, March fifteenth is I'm doing a monthly show at Strong Rope Brewery in the Goanas neighborhood of Brooklyn, and that's this Friday, March fifteenth. The lineup's insane and it's only ten bucks. So come to that. April eighteenth to the twenty first, I'm at Gobinana's Comedy Club in Cincinnati. May tenth through eleventh, Blue Ridge Comedy Club in Bristol, Tennessee. And then uh, yeah, there's more dates Blake Lester dot com, slash live dat, dash Dates, dad Dads, Yeah, daddy dates, daddy dates dot net. I don't know what that website is. Daddy dates dot net is I'd skip it. Ain't what it's cracked up to be able to from your words to Jack's mouth, yeah, it's it's not a place to meet hot dads. They just sell dates, like in the first dates. Yeah, and is it work a media you've been enjoying. Yeah, So there is a tweet where it said shout out to this Flyers fan and only this Flyers fan, and that tweet happened because so it was a jersey picture of a jersey where there's been this big scandal of what's it called, like Canadian players who there's a big like horrible sex scandal and one of them was this Eagles goal or sorry Flyers goalie named Carter Hart and what they did. So this is from Kaharski Donuts and it's a picture of a Flyers fan who changed the last name on the jersey from heart to fart in protest of the player, which I think takes something with a lot of heaviness, a very grave, serious issue, and then condemn the act with an instance of immaturity. I think is a is a great way to do it. So, you know you can't buy a new two hundred and sixty dollars jersey, so why not protest by change in the name heart to fart baby? Yeah? I love it. Yeah, well done, Thank you for that. Miles.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? What is working media? You've been enjoyed?
Speaker 2: Uh? Find me at Miles of Gray where they got the ad symbols. Find Jacket out of the basketball podcast Miles and Jack ont Mad Boosti's You could also find me on four to twenty de Fiance Talking ninety day fiance. Uh some tweets, I like this dude at Paul Lomax, someone like, people have been going fucking wild over this Kate Middleton photoshop thing and this he tweeted, holy shit, or so someone else. Okay, first it was at Ruby Naldrette. I apparently said, I think this is from the Vogue cover that she did years ago, and they edited that face on from the Vogue cover. Then Paul Lomax said, holy shit, I just did it myself and it's a pixel perfect fit. Genuinely, it's one hundred percent that this is the Vogue cover photo shopped, photoshopped in and what wow. Yeah, it's it's pretty wild, like they're sort of like laying over the Vogue cover except she's where a hat in it and they took the hat out and whatever. It's more always more fucking questions than answers. And then at its League tweeted, what's a crab rmngoon to a crab ran goblin? I love that. That's great?
Speaker 1: Not then not then you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien a tweet I enjoyed Chase Mitchell at Chase mitt retweeted a variety headline. Jeremy Strong needed to quote achieve exit velocity from succession so he could quote attempt to do more, says quote, it's a myth that I'm this humorless person. And Chase Mitchell said, that is the most Kendall ass way possible to put, that you're gonna achieve exit velocity from succession. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and a website daily zeikeis dot com where we post our episode Zandi. Our footnote link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Enjoy. What song do you think people might enjoy? Yeah? This is an artist who is like Belgian and Cape Verdean but raised in Denmark and is making like kind of throwback nineties, like late nineties R and B. It's her name is Erica Dick Cassia d E C A s I E R. And the track is called test It Yeah, and it just has like this very uh you know, for for the millennials out here, for the people that killed chewing them. This will resonate and like, yeah, her like vocal style is kind of like Pink Pantherst Like it's more whispery, you know, not like a powerhouse vocalist, but you kind of like that on these sort of more vibr and B tracks. So this is tested by Erica Dick Cassier.
Speaker 1: All right, well we will link off to that in the footnotes the day. That's, like I said, production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the Heart Radio ap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to the podcasts. That is going to do it for us this morning. We were back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we will talk to you all then bite bite h