Speaker 1: What's that. It's spooky, joky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I'm ghosted. Nanda's please okay, boo, it's me Roz and oilcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the Para normal, Oh my god, the Sensation.
Speaker 1: Brenna Jordan is going to be on the show. You know her, okay, you know her quite a few years back now. She first went viral for being real, real feel and fabulous dancing doing a very Gaga kind of moment behind a reporter. It's everything. I love her. She's to go buy a different first name. But now she's going by Brenda and she's she's great, She's fabulous. She's a fabulous lady. I am going on touring cause you don't know. Of course, I always record these much further in advance than when you were listening to this, But I should have by now released probably about thirty dates of American cities that I am going to. And I'm doing stand up comedy in gay places that everyone you know, allies are welcome at. No children, but you know, allies and gay people and everyone else whatever that might mean. You can come if you're cool, if you like my sense of humor, not gonna talk about ghosts. Maybe a little bit, who knows, we'll see, But I'm just so excited about and I I'm gonna start leaving for a couple of dates in April and May. I've got other dates that I'm doing, not as part of that tour in June, Pride, July, August. I'm I'm going all over the place. And you know, my least favorite thing is when people are like, why didn't you come to this place? Well, because I did. So Just if you're interested in seeing me, go check out my new website which is called roz Hernandez Tour dot com, or my Instagram. You'll you can find it all just through Instagram all that stuff. Okay, all right, hey, let's talk about ghosts because I will say this episode today, Brenda and I we just get chatty, honey. You know, we got a little off topic at times. But the themous ghost isn't it always. This is a story that was emailed to me by a listener named Stacy. Thank you, Stacey. Stacy, how a New York City ghost experience? See this is what I love. Okay, I have manipulated all the New York City people into sending me their stories. This was my plan. The whole time, I kept saying, we don't ever get New York stories. Now I have gotten so many of them, and I love every single one of them, So Cape, I'm coming. Where else should I do it? You know? I love doctor stories. That's like hospitals. We never get hospital stories. Are they even haunted? Are there even ghosts in hospitals? I doubt it. Let's see if that gets a bunch of nurses to start sending ghost stories. Let's see. Okay, here we go. This is a New York story from Stacy. I'm from Lower New York State originally and after college. The first job I was offered was in Midtown Manhattan. I lived just a little too far away to commute, but had a friend with a spare bedroom available for me to use rent free while I waited for two months until a room in a permanent apartment opened up. It's a long story, but the guy that lived in the room left unexpectedly, but had paid for a few months rent in advance via VA benefits or something. He was a guy around my age, but was on leave from the Marines. I think it's been about fifteen years. I don't remember the details. That's okay, Stacy, Okay, So Stacy says my friend stayed with his girlfriend most nights, and the other roommate was almost never home either, so I was home alone a lot. It seemed fine at first, but I started getting the feeling I was being watched. I chalked it up to being on the first floor on the corner of a relatively busy but residential street and tried to push the feeling away. It started to feel as if someone was watching me while I was in the shower, and then when I went between the bathroom and bedroom, so I would shut the bedroom door quickly behind me, which really felt like I was shutting whatever it was that was looking at me. One night, I felt even more anxious and tried to finish up in the bathroom as quickly as possible to get into the bedroom. As I was rounding the corner to finally shut that door behind me, a female voice whispered in my right ear boo in a mocking tone. I absolutely lost my mind. I flew into the bedroom and slammed the door behind me. I piled a chair, bags anything I could find in front of the door and called the friend I was going to be moving in with at the end of the month. I slept on an air mattress in her bedroom for three weeks. When my friend asked why I left, I didn't want to freak him out, so I didn't tell him at first, but finally I let it slip. While he and the marine roommate knew all about the ghost. The ghost might have a crush on the marine, as she would only affect him, but never negatively. We guessed she may have been furious to see me there and not him, and decided to let me know it. I hope this satisfies the need for a New York story. The sarcastic, mocking tone of the ghost really gets to me all these years later. Damn, that girl said, who is this trying to get in the way of me and my man? That's cute? Thank you so much, Stacy. Okay, let's talk spookiness with the sweet, sweet, hilarious Brenna Jordan on with the show Betta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hi are you.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy you're here.
Speaker 3: I love that we're both wearing purple.
Speaker 1: I do too. I don't. I don't think i've ever met you, and I'm happy to meet you.
Speaker 3: I have never met you either, but I feel like I have because I have watched a lot on you. Is that weird to say?
Speaker 1: No, I've watched a lot on you? Okay, well, then now we are even, we've manifested.
Speaker 3: This feels like it feels like when you're you meet someone on hinge and then you do the whole stalking thing before you have to person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's scary. Are you dating?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How's that then?
Speaker 3: Amazing?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good? Yeah, good for you. I am very lucky.
Speaker 1: Are you in a relationship?
Speaker 3: I don't know what to call it?
Speaker 1: Oh, you got a situation going on?
Speaker 3: No, it's more than that.
Speaker 1: It's no, this is good.
Speaker 3: I literally said. Well, I was like, okay, don't talk about it. You know, very new.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about ghosts. We don't talk about it.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully he doesn't ghost me. I'm just kidding he won't. It's too late.
Speaker 1: I am the queen of getting ghosted. Well, me too, I was what about paranormal ghosts?
Speaker 3: Well, what about them?
Speaker 1: Because you see what do you think? Do you believe in them?
Speaker 3: I mean I have lots of questions.
Speaker 1: Of course, well we shut we all show. I mean, what's your deal ghosts?
Speaker 3: I My thing about ghosts is like what are they doing in their free time?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What does a day to day look like from the perspective of a ghost? Are we especially they're haunting a house?
Speaker 1: You know? Are they there being a ghost right?
Speaker 3: Like when they're not being seen or heard? Where are they hanging out?
Speaker 1: Is there like a green room for they all just go there for a couple hours and then come back with.
Speaker 3: The Armenian Chasers? Oh my god, yeah, I know, yeah, I know, yeah, you've been there, We've been there.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 3: I am twenty five?
Speaker 1: I feel like no, I feel like I've definitely had twenty five year olds on this podcast. But I feel like because I've been doing this since twenty eighteen, I graduated. Then See That's what I was gonna say, Like, I think historically speaking, historically, you're probably like the youngest person, like you were probably born the most recent of anyone that's ever been on.
Speaker 3: September twenty fifth, nineteen ninety nine, librasun Aries, Moon Gemini Rising.
Speaker 1: I don't know any of that stuff. Are you into horoscopes.
Speaker 3: No, No, I just know what my shit is because of vanity, and I just want people to tell me things about myself when they ask me, I like.
Speaker 1: My brain refuses to retain any of that stuff. People are always late because it's I feel like lately it's gotten real popular to ask what all your signs are? I keep getting asked, and I'm like a thousand people have told me, and I already forgot. Well.
Speaker 3: I had an encounter where one woman person asked me.
Speaker 1: What my woman birthday? That's what I identify as woman. Well thing.
Speaker 3: It was like she they moment, you know woman person, Okay, And so I was asked what my sign was. I said libra and she immediately like threw the towel and she was over with it.
Speaker 1: She didn't even I'm a Libra.
Speaker 3: Wait, you're what but your birthday September twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: On your October twentieth fear.
Speaker 3: So, I guess there's a difference between September libras and October libras. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: See? I don't like that divisiveness. I don't like that in fighting. Yeah, I want to look at our similarity because people will be like, oh, you were. This is what people do. Oh you're au sagittarius. Oo. I got a lookout for you.
Speaker 3: Oh you cry a lot, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stuff like that, most like everybody does all these whatever it is. Oh you're creative, hut bitch. I live in LA and I have bangs. Yes, I'm creative. Like it's always some shit like that. Oh I bet you're intuitive. Well yeah, I'm fucking trans. I have to know where, Like, aren't we all intuitive exactly?
Speaker 3: I mean they usually it's usually rebuttled by like the most basic stuff that usually most people can relate to. I know, what is that book back there? But how I keep looking at it?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a book called The Passionate Witch.
Speaker 3: Is it a fiction? It looks it looks antique? Okay.
Speaker 1: I ripped off a nail. Listen, Okay, I ripped off a nail yesterday. I was on set of something and it actually fell off, and I was in the bathroom and I like set it down on a countertop and then I forgot about it. And now I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: They're gonna found that nail.
Speaker 1: They're going to find they're going to do like some kind of weird Passionate Witch.
Speaker 3: Crowd. They're going to wrap it in like a box full of twide and send it into a river.
Speaker 1: G what is this book? The Passionate Witch?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you want me to look it up? Because I don't know. I don't know. It's always been behind me.
Speaker 3: And really my eyes were just immediately drawn to that.
Speaker 1: There's really cute picture. My goodness, O, my god, that what I'm doing. This woman is backing it up. Look, okay, this lady's about to give it to this man. Well, he's about to give it to her.
Speaker 3: He's about to give it to her.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget about whoever this This guy is the cop back here, and the damn horse is giving her side eye. This bitch is crazy. She is the Passionate Witch and she is here to get her life. Honey, is that the.
Speaker 3: Only image or illustration in the entire book?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: No? This? Did you imagine if that was the only thing they chose to draw?
Speaker 1: What is she doing? She said? Honey, you want just a hand? Oh right here?
Speaker 3: You want you know what? That's how it is. Sometimes sometimes I'm just too tired. That's all you have to do is just give a hand, eyes closed and all.
Speaker 1: As a Christian heterosexual cisgender woman person. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Well, then I can relate. I mean, I'm wearing my sis gender heterosexual Christian woman outfit, I have athleisure on.
Speaker 1: You are a cisgender heterosexual Christian woman.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: So that is the goal for all of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have opinions on that. Tell me, well, I think I very much relate to you. I watched your Matt Cullen. Oh yeah, and I think just a lot of the words of what you said, just in terms of your childhood and then the finding of your transness. I think I relate a lot with what you were saying, specifically when it was going from one box to another, right, you know, I didn't want to transition to specifically go to another cage.
Speaker 1: See. I I'm a big fan of cisgender women, I really am. I just don't want to be one and I'm never going to be one, so I'm not going to try to be one. I used to want to be one, but.
Speaker 3: I think it took me having a lot of acceptance of myself and this is my journey too. I can't speak on the other girls out there, because sure every experience is so unique. But I I'm rather happy owning the fact that I'm a trans woman.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, it's what's It's like the truth will set you free and there's a lot of power in it. But wait, we do have to talk about ghosts.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, shit, I'm so sorry. I have ADHD.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's fine, it's totally fine, because I do want to talk about all this with you.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about ghosts.
Speaker 1: But first, let's talk about ghosts. So have you ever encountered one?
Speaker 3: You know? No, I have not. I have probably wishfully thought I did, but I don't think I ever want to, Okay, see anything because you're scared. Yeah, I was horrified as a kid. I slept in my mother's bed for a long time, like I think until I was like in fourth grade, just because I was so terrified of seeing a shadow at the end of my bed ew like specifically a shadow and like a man at that.
Speaker 1: But you were just afraid that that would happen, or it actually did.
Speaker 3: It didn't happen.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 3: Was very you know, because I'm gen Z nineteen ninety nine born and ras so like I had television, I had access to all that and all these channels, and I remember watching a lot of supernatural shows and I don't even know if these accounts of these people were necessarily true, but they would have these dramatizations as how you say.
Speaker 1: I love them, yeastraatization.
Speaker 3: Dramatization.
Speaker 1: I'm like that people with like bad wigs on like rec.
Speaker 3: No, but diva, let me tell you the shadow figure that they did. Oh it was good that CGI was hitting today. They deserved a raise because it horrified me. Horrified me. I remember being ten and I was like, God forbid if I ever saw that, like you know, peak every so, you know, eerily into my bedroom. Oh I'm gone, I'm over it.
Speaker 1: But you were telling me that you loved like horror movies right as a kid.
Speaker 3: See that's the thing, that's the weird thing. I'm obsessed with it. I can't stop watching. It's like, you know, you watch nine to eleven videos, it's horrified, but it's like they get a lot of hues they do on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what's your favorite scary movie?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, okay, well I have a lot, but the one that will always forever be in my head and at the number one is The Exorcist.
Speaker 1: Me too, bitch. Really I saw I saw The Exorcist when I was like six. Oh that's younger than I saw the TV version. VHS recorded it. I'll tell you about what VHSS are later.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: So I recorded the TV edited version.
Speaker 3: What was different about the team a lot?
Speaker 1: So I wasn't gonna tell I was in high school that I saw the unedited version where it's like because like, you don't see her getting busy with a crucifix. You don't see they.
Speaker 3: Didn't put that on the television.
Speaker 1: They did not put that in nineties television.
Speaker 3: Best part.
Speaker 1: But so that movie has been a big part of my life. Always are you Catholic?
Speaker 3: Technically I'm baptized Catholic? Isn't that fears me too?
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 3: Is your family Catholic as well? Minus Yeah, we have a lot of similarities we do. It's kind of good.
Speaker 1: Do you know about the Exorcist being cursed? I did some research, so let's get into it. Okay, this is the curse of the Exorcist. Okay, So most of the research I did came from this TV show on Shutter. Do you know Shutter the app It's like a streaming platform, but it's just horror movies. You would love it really. Okay, So it's called Shutter and they have an original show that they did two seasons of called Cursed Films.
Speaker 3: Wait, I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: And I think that stuff can be real controversial because why you know, it's like people do die. They do be doing that. Yeah, people die, and then sometimes when like it happens a lot, people are like there's a curse, and then there's like real people that are like okay, that's like my sister that died, Like yeah, you know what I mean. So like I do feel like it's a little bit like I roally sometimes to say like so like this this is cursed, Like there's like real it's real stuff. But the Exorcist one is really interesting because they really like went with it, like for in terms of publicity and they were just like, yes, it's.
Speaker 3: Cursed even in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Yes. Part of the reason that we know about what the Exorcist is is because the Curts like they would use that and just just the entire conversation around it, like they genuinely tried to make this be a movie where it's like if you go, you know, we're not liable if you get possessed. Yeah, people people faints. Oh my god, if you're pregnant, don't go to this right right right. I'm like, betch, I don't know if I'm pregnant.
Speaker 3: We could be.
Speaker 1: There's only one way to find out is if you go to the extorsies, right right. So the real story is we've covered this on the podcast before. There's a real story called they like don't technically know what the It was a little boy and okay, William Peter Blatti who is the writer author, Yeah, he wrote the book The Exorcist, okay, and it was inspired by this real story of this little boy and it's sort of like his identity because he was a minor and whatever, like nobody knows exactly who he was, but apparently the story really happened, and his name was They call him Roland Doe.
Speaker 3: Oh, like a John Doe but like you know, nineteen, but he's.
Speaker 1: Roland and Roland well he is after that book, Mama, Yeah, I hope he got a little something from it because the apparently was very possessed by demons at one point. I also got some research from this article from twenty twenty three on sci fi dot com, the Size Side Network, an article by Sidney Contreras, and there's a quote in here from William Freedkin, the Freaking director, the director who also did the gay classic Cruising and Boys in the Band. No, he was not oh interesting, sort of an ally, some would say, but okay, so he said in nineteen seventy four in an interview with a horror magazine called Castle of Frankenstein. This is what William freaking said. He said, I'm not a convert to the occult, but after all I've seen on this film, I definitely believe in demonic possession. There are things that cannot be treated by medical or psychiatric means. It seems strange, foreign and impossible, but it exists. We were plagued by strange and sinister things from the beginning. It is simply the hardest thing I have ever done in my life making this. Oh so you know something's up. So basically, one of the first things that happened was the sets caught on fire. Like her house. The sets caught on fire. It took six weeks to rebuild. Oh Lord, and Warner.
Speaker 3: Brothers was pissed about them.
Speaker 1: There far it was it Warner brothers.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 1: I don't remember actually whoever it was. Somebody was mad and the one room was not touched by the fire, Reagan's bedroom. Oh diva deva Right. So they brought in a jesuit priest.
Speaker 3: What is that? A jesuit?
Speaker 1: A jesuit?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: It's like a Jesus, Jesus, Jesus? Was it?
Speaker 3: Jesus?
Speaker 1: Was it? Jesus? You it Jesus?
Speaker 3: You it?
Speaker 1: It's like cheese it but Jesus, jesuit, jesuit or a man?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, So they had the priest come in and he blessed the said down well with holy water, probably I think individually, different people on the set and whatever. Because William Peter Bladdie, like you know, he believes in or not sorry William Freak and the director, he believes in this stuff. Like he actually did a documentary that we've talked about in the show before about possessions and he's like he's very into like the the Catholic possession situation. But okay, So here's some of the deaths that happened during the production Linda Blair's grandfather while she was filming the movie. Her grandfather died. Oh no, okay, was.
Speaker 3: He even there? No?
Speaker 1: He did she even go there? No? Nope, it happened. Listen, it technically happened when they were filming The Next Person. Well I don't know the exact order, okay, but there were two actors that died that are in the film. You might remember the scenes the movie director and he's all drunk at the party and then apparently like he dies because of the demon.
Speaker 3: Is that Is that the the one who was going up to space or something? Well, she says, you're going to die up there?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think much. She peas on the floor.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Is that the one who actually died, because you imagine.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. But this man, I want to say, he's the one that died like falling out the wind or down the stairs or something. They found him whatever, My god, like that was but that was like in the movie. In real life, he was only fifty four and he got the flu and died. Okay, So this that's a little that's a little something.
Speaker 3: The flu's crazy.
Speaker 1: The flu is crazy. The nineteen seventy four flew good luck, good luck everyone. Max Voncito, the who's like the older priest, which, by the way, a lot of people don't know this. He was actually younger. They made him the.
Speaker 3: Old yeah with the prosthetic.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Yeah. They died Yeah no, no, no, his brother on the first day of shooting. Oh so he had to like go to a funeral and stuff. So it's kind of crazy when you watch this and think that's what these directors, like these actors are dealing with all this stuff. There was a special effects expert who died, and there was apparently an assistant cameraman's baby died. This is from the article. That's what it says. And a night watchman like someone that was watching over the set. So I don't know, but that sounds horrifying. Yeah, and that was all during the shoot. So they're ten foot demon statue, you know, that one that's got the big old dingling.
Speaker 3: He gotzuzuzuy.
Speaker 1: So he that demon statue, which is a he hymn, he went missing. They were trying to ship it to Iraq, which is where they shot that first scene. They couldn't find the demon statue. It was gone. Honey, such a big, big statue somewhere. How do you misplace that big one of them? Longer. Yeah, but they did one of them to take it home. Somebody was like, I need a little extra time at the shipping center with this one.
Speaker 3: Was it actually an artifact or did they build it for the story?
Speaker 1: No, they built it actually in the shutter thing. There's like a woman that knows what she's talking about, which is not something I can relate to. But she this woman like knows all about women. Yes, they know everything. This woman she like studies like demons. But like now I'm like a woo wu kind of a way, more like I can't remember what she does. She works at a museum the history of demon knowledgy, yes, stuff like that. And she's talking about how usually Pazuzu would just be a head, like just like a little head statue. It didn't, So I think it was William Peter Bladie. That's like, yeah, I think a big old dick needs to be right there. Yeah, could you imagine the boys in the band had already come out, and he was like, you know what, I know what these guys want, and what they want is a demon, a big demon. So but she was saying, yeah, like typically you wouldn't see a ten foot tall.
Speaker 3: Statue Demon Grinder profile.
Speaker 1: Name so so apparently a crew member lost to toe.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ I thought we were all wow.
Speaker 1: And a carpenter lost their thumb. Also, Linda Blair fractured her lower spine because they've had her on the contraption, the Fierce one. She's like going like this and they were like they had like men operating that. Yeah, she she fractured her lower spine and had to keep going.
Speaker 3: That was in the convulsion scene. Yes, right when she's in the bed.
Speaker 1: Yes, William freaking was shooting guns on the set to try to make people jump. I heard he was kind of he's crazy, luney bin, he's a lunar. A lunar Is that a thing? Is that a bad word? Yes?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just came out. So the mom Ellen Burston, she flew across the room hurt herself because they the harness they like pulled her too hard on purpose.
Speaker 3: When Reagan smacks her, and that's what.
Speaker 1: They they kept it in the movie. Same thing with when Reagan heard her back. They kept that one because scream because yeah, it's like so real. Now, Okay, here's something that is a crazy fact about the movie. And again, I'm not just trying this's not a movie podcast. I'm trying to put this all in the context of this movie was cursed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, crazy stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Did you know that there is a real gay killer in the movie. Yes, yeah, what do you mean.
Speaker 3: A gay killer? Okay, so you know, scarier than a straight one.
Speaker 1: You know, when Reagan is in the hospital and they're doing all the hospital stuff with her, then yes, oh that fucking nuts, don't I don't know, but it was a squirter.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: Worded all over the place, and I hate that it was.
Speaker 3: I think that was the nastiest scene of the entire time.
Speaker 1: That is like something as a kid, I was like, that's gonna They're gonna have to do that to me one day because I thought that was just like a procedure you get done where they just like, you know what they were doing. They just make your next squirt out of its hole.
Speaker 3: Oh next squirt, mama.
Speaker 1: Okay. So anyway, and that and that whole sequence. Okay, they had real doctors and technicians and stuff. Those those people in the movie were real. Yeah, divas, they were real of us with the real degrees and everything. Okay, work Mama, so little side hustle. Now there was in the movie. He made the cut and everything. There's like kind of like a he kind of looks like an East Side gay guy. He has a beard like silver Lake. Yes, oh, he has a beard. And he was a real technician that they found from in nineteen seventy two, from the NYU radiology department. And his name was Paul Bateson. And in nineteen seventy seven he murdered a reporter for Variety after they had a night of getting freaky deegy. Well why because he was It was a crime of passion or something. I don't know. I think that's what they said. But yeah, that man's a murderer. And he was in a movie.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, there's a gay killer too. I didn't know that this movie has thing I did not know about. You just taught me something this movie.
Speaker 1: Do you know that? What's that character from u SNL? God, damn it, thank you. Do you know the character Stefan from USNL. Oh, he's like this movie has everything gay serial killers. Handy man who who was after that that played him? He wasn't actually a hater?
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've seen this movie everything people vomiting in theaters, which is true. So that whole thing about the people fainting, they were saying, you better watch out on your mental health if you see this movie. Linda Blair in the documentary, she gets interviewed and they ask her because apparently she had to have bodyguards because people, these dumb ass people thought she was a public right. They're like, she's evil. Get her. They're so stupid, this little girl. And they ask her about it, and she's like, I don't talk about that.
Speaker 3: Really. She was like, like Linda Blair, Now, yeah, she doesn't talk about her experiences as a young twelve year old.
Speaker 1: She doesn't talk about having the bodyguards. But you know, it's like the movie. Really, it's like a big part of her life. She's always at the horror conventions, by the way, and she has the longest line of anybody.
Speaker 3: Really, I mean, she's an icon.
Speaker 1: She's truly an icon. She says that a publicist told her years later that the publicist job was to get these rumors going and to like what rumors. Oh the fact about like part of her job was like having ambulances be part parked outside of the theaters and like, you know, just trying to get the buzz going.
Speaker 3: That is fierce. I'm sorry, but that's no. They're smart. They're really smart.
Speaker 1: Now, Max Foncito, the older priest, oh you know, sorry, someone the young you know, the hot priest.
Speaker 3: Yes, the sex was the Italian something.
Speaker 1: So his mother, the old lady in the film, she died, Oh like his actual mother. No, the old lady in the movie that actually died too. She died, so she actually she died died method acting, honey, She said, mom, I'm.
Speaker 3: Want to show you all the performance of a live time Wait.
Speaker 1: You know it's crazy. Her character dies and the director die and they both died in real life. Remember I was telling you about the drunk director guy that the actor died in real life. So like if you died in the Oh my god, that's creepy.
Speaker 3: That is so this.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, this film needs to be study, but we're studying it right now, so I guess, and we are scholars. So Maximoncito said, his quote was, if you shoot something for a year, people are going to get hurt, people are going to die. Will It was very good for publicity, but if you don't believe in the devil. You don't believe in curses. So okay, I don't know. It's one of these things. Was it cursed? Was it not? Or just a lot of coincidence. I mean they're talking about the devil yea, and are you you know, if you're fooling around with the stuff, are you going to die? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think given the time and just all all of the circumstances surrounding the film, I think it was just like a domino effect, right, And I think when you have all these people who are all working on the same thing, all kind of just holy shit, this is bad. Like there's some real shit going on right now. Stuff kind of manifests. I hate to use that word because it's so reused, but and it's like any it's like the vibes were off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could have just said that. I just think that, like there is such a thing as just coincidences, Like you could be if you look at one year. Okay, we look at America for one year, and we start listing all the horrible things that have happened to America in the past year, we could be like it's cursed.
Speaker 3: That is true. That is true. That is true.
Speaker 1: So it's you know, I'm sure you could probably find if you compile the list of all the bad things that happened on every single movies set ever, you could make it seem like.
Speaker 3: It was Curse Bank is cursed.
Speaker 1: Mama, you think Burbank is cursed?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Wasn't that where all the films are shot?
Speaker 1: Not this one. This one was filmed in Washington, d C. Really the most part Georgetown.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, they didn't film it here.
Speaker 1: No, Mama, Can I show you a haunted doll? Yeah, shifting gears? Where is it? Is it my there? No, that's my Liberati doll. He's not good, he's not haunted, but he's just kind of lurking, all gay and fabulous.
Speaker 3: Hed bah, she is fierce. Okay, yes, I want to see this haunted doll. Are we the haunted doll?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, okay, it's time for a segment I like to call the dolls are living.
Speaker 3: So here's what I do.
Speaker 1: I go to eBay dot com. I type in the words haunted doll, psychic. There's a lot of people that are selling haunted dolls today. For you, we have got Magnolia and Magnolia is going for seventeen dollars and fifty cents. Okay, gee, how can you show us magnolia? You got it?
Speaker 3: Ros is it here? And there's some of those Oh.
Speaker 1: That's Magnolia. Now Magnolia. The first thing I see when I look at her. This is definitely a reason to get bangs. This I would say this is a good candidate for bangs. She's giving a lot of forehead, which is fine, That's why I have bangs.
Speaker 3: But it looks like when you take a wig that was meant to be a middle part and you kind.
Speaker 1: Of yeah, you slept in it last night, and then you wake up the next morning, it looks like and it has shifted and it's going back to I mean, it's not very fast on her head properly, it's very far noig tape, no glue. A little bit further and we're getting in Hull Cogan territory of gold on the top. She's also, you know, I appreciate.
Speaker 3: That she is Christmas.
Speaker 1: She's like, she hasn't a Christmas dress, which is kind of a cute dress. I don't like that there's pants underneath, but yeah, I don't she can you go back to close ups. What her name is Magnolia.
Speaker 3: Magnolia, Okay, now, Magnolia.
Speaker 1: She does have a lash on, it's drawn on her eyes, no eyebrows, which you know, diva very off duty drag queen. And she's got a little tiny mouth hole. Yeah, she comes with a bio. So here's what you have to keep in mind. There is somebody that died that is now inside of this doll. Okay, this is not this doll specific. They have like a hermit crab taken this as their show. Okay, right now, I will say this is a very big, long bio. Sorry, we'll see what's what. Our top is raw, hemmed, that's as raw as it comes. She needs to fold it over and give it a cell. She's fraying, honey, she's a mess. But she's only seventeen fifty. It says here this is this person type a little too much, so we'll see how much we get to. She's an old soul. She's a neutral witch. She learned her craft from her grandmother and some ancestors who were also witches. She had a hard life. Her parents died and she lived with her grandmother, who raised her. Her mother was always against her what they did. See, they don't even have this right, as her mother was always against her mother's witchy Oh her mother. Somebody didn't like someone's witchy ways, it says here. So her life changed. She moved to her grandmother blah blah blah. Okay, so she learned about using all these herbs and all that stuff from her grandmother. Hell Yah. When she was nineteen, she met and fell in love with the love of her life. He seemed to accept her as she was a witch in all. They dated for two years and then he asked her to marry him, which she gladly said yes. She was so deeply in love with him and felt she was he was her soulmate. Okay. As they were planning the wedding, Magnolia sense that something was changing and different about him and decided it was just the stress of planning a wedding. A week before their wedding, she got a letter from him. Oh that's never good. She got a letter from him telling her that he was sorry, but he had fallen in love with another woman who was her best friend, her maid of honor. Motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't believe that. That just got me pissed off.
Speaker 1: I can picture you just sitting with this doll and she's telling you this story, and you're just like, girl, what are we gonna do? What dollars hell? Find me the doll? You're about to burn it? That is oh my god.
Speaker 3: And the friend what was her name?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who's that? Bitch? Says she felt like her life was over. Her whole world had fallen apart. Her grandmother saw what her pain she was in and shared something with her that she had hoped to never have to share. She told her that there was a way to get revenge on both and make herself feel better. Oh. Her grandmother then taught her about gray magic. Spells that are in the gray area are neither good nor bad. Smell spells spells, but they're neutral. Okay. She then taught her how to perform strong spells that would bring justice on someone. Right, Okay, I'm really bored by this. She learned that book though, So the couple divorced. Eventually the friends friends.
Speaker 3: I don't feel bad at all actually, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her neutral magic works. Oh, now she needs a good home. She would love to continue to help others with her craft. How does she get in there?
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem to say. It says everything but that that.
Speaker 3: Is amazing because we don't even She.
Speaker 1: Can perform spells and rituals on your behalf for things like money, love, health, healings, weight loss. What are you saying? Why are you saying that? Why is she looking at me like, oh, I got a spell for that? She's looking me up and down. She goes, honey, I got a spell for that. Honey, I'm only for only seventeen fifty. That's cheaper than ozempic. It says, I have heard her singing and chanting. What she has turned our lights on? She has opened and shut doors and windows, and she has made uthers noises too, Like what.
Speaker 3: I am so curious about?
Speaker 1: Together She's like, oh, in the corner she has been a good friend and she is always respectful and friendly. But then why are you getting rid of her?
Speaker 3: Bitch?
Speaker 1: Right anyway? So that's her? No, what a life you have lived? I love her? I thought, I'm so confused because the title of her post said something about gay. What does it say on like the do you have the original post?
Speaker 3: It says vintage haunted doll Magnoia neutral which will cast spells for you, comma gay in all cats.
Speaker 1: Wait, so does that mean is that what they're is that what they're calling the reader for you gay? Gay?
Speaker 3: And the comma implies that they are referring to you in all caps gay?
Speaker 1: Kay, yes, because it has nothing in here about gay. Oh shit, she's just like, listen for you. I know you're gonna be gay. Oh wait, wait, wait wait I did wait a second. Oh shit, So we got it after Magnolia. So she did all her magic, and then that they got divorced, the husband and her her. He never became wrong whatever. So after that, Magnolia was more guarded and didn't trust men. A couple years later, she met a woman who was also a witch, and they bonded right away. She then accepted that she turned gay. She she turned gay. They both believed that they were real soulmates and meant to be together, and they lived together and they were very happy. Magnolia car accident. Oh god, sorry I missed that paragraph. Oh that's so good. Why are you saying they fell in love they lived together. Magnolia died in a car.
Speaker 3: Accident after turning gay.
Speaker 1: She turned Okay, okay, it's not funny, but it's very funny to be all right, that.
Speaker 3: Was lore on. This doll is insane long. So she's not a haunted door, Well, okay, she's kind of a haunted.
Speaker 1: She makes noises, but she.
Speaker 3: Can turn people gay if you want to.
Speaker 1: Oh, now that's a spill. I need one that will turn me gay because I want, I wish. I hate you, I hate man. Can I play some ghost voices?
Speaker 3: Oh? Is it going to be scared?
Speaker 1: Is that magnolia noise you just made? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, squeeze, I would like to hear you're.
Speaker 1: Just okay, Okay, it's time for EVP or e ev please? Oh?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Are they real or fake? Very well, now, it's just we're gonna listen to a voice.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not. Oh god, let me say it again. Sometimes they're good, Usually they're not.
Speaker 3: They horrify me. Can I say e vps? I always skip?
Speaker 1: Well when they're right, they're right, But I don't. I don't get yourself too worked up on these ones because I did my best of this week?
Speaker 3: When did oh did you do this this week?
Speaker 1: Well? I find these online, and some days I get real lucky. Some days I don't. Okay, right. So EVP is electronic voice phenomenal. Okay, So I go to YouTube and I find people that are gone ghost hunting, and they've proudly posted here's a we believe this is a disembodied ghost voice speaking, and here is what it's said. Now, I'm going to play it for you, and I want you to tell me what you think it says, and then I will give you an ABCD and one of those will be the correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: All right. This first one was posted by a YouTube channel called Other Side of Darkness Paranormal Research. It was at Bally's Hotel in Las Vegas. I'm from there now known as the Horseshoe. This is in room fifteen oh four of Bally's. What is this ghost saying? Brenna? Let me play it good? I was expecting like fifty a textone girl?
Speaker 3: Oh, one more, one more, one more? Okay, what are my options?
Speaker 1: Is it a Anora? Have you seen that movie Anora?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There's parts in Vegas? Yeah? Yeah, is it b I'm all right? C tomorro or d Rupeau's Drag Race live at the Flamingo. She is just caught.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I figure a way to ev.
Speaker 1: P, which what is which one is it saying? Let me play it again?
Speaker 3: Okay, I hear horror? Or boy?
Speaker 1: You hear horror? Or boy?
Speaker 3: Is this like a Laurel Yanny situation?
Speaker 1: What was the second option? B what was? I'm all right? Is it that that is what they believe? It says? Cool? What I know. Let's know that we're listening. Okayva, now we know it's it's all right or no, I'm all right. Here we go, let's try to hear that girl.
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, I need clothes captioning on these EVPs.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's one more from the same channel. Okay, now, this one is going to give you what you want because it's a little bit longer and it's a little bit spookier.
Speaker 3: If it's longer and scarier.
Speaker 1: The better, That's what I'm saying. Demons all demon ten foot ten foot demons it Okay, same YouTube channel. This one was at Camp bel Ill Springs EW and Kingman, Arizona, EW.
Speaker 3: This already sounds disgusting or scared. No, it sounds horrifying, like what.
Speaker 1: Does this got saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bitch, what what the hell?
Speaker 1: That sounds like me? If I don't lotion my inner size. But I don't even know, lou girl, I don't know what that is. Wow, what one more time? That's not what they thought? What is it? Do they think it was? A lady got is giving now she's always giving. That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: That is it? B?
Speaker 1: This time we scared it? Yeah? It was rough? What do they think it was? C? You've really done it now that's enough? Or duck or D bitch you are a fucking cow you have for bitch? Bitch. I wish it said that, Well, it might have said it said let me hear one more time? So did they think it was one more time? A lady God is giving now she's always giving?
Speaker 3: Is it B? This time we scared it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was rough. C You've really done it now that's enough? Or D bitch you are a fucking cow you.
Speaker 3: Have for bitch.
Speaker 1: I think it's you've really done it now that's enough.
Speaker 3: They believe it's B.
Speaker 1: This time we scared it? Yeah it was this time. We're scared at you? It was rough? Girl?
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Who is translating these? Who is a translady translator? I guess translady.
Speaker 3: We can't even translate these, so ship.
Speaker 1: Okay real quick, Yes, I want some rapid fire thoughts on various paranormal phenomena.
Speaker 3: I am not tea for tea yea.
Speaker 1: What do you think of Bigfoot? Oh, daddy, do you believe in it? Do you think it's real?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think yeah. What about the existence of mermaids? Do you think that's real? Yes? Really? Yes? Maybe not in the set? Okay, oh, yes, you're from the TikTok age.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you ever do you ever see these videos and you're like, oh, that's I'm convinced.
Speaker 3: I don't see more of like the lore stuff. I do see a lot of the ghost stuff though.
Speaker 1: But have you seen the haunted Elmo doll or Almo balloon? The balloon? No, she's been viral lately.
Speaker 3: Oh, I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 1: Apparently this woman what.
Speaker 3: I haven't been on TikTok this week as much?
Speaker 1: Well, this woman found mental health. If there's anything slightly ghost related, my inbox is flooded. And this week it's this, which is this woman bought an Elmo balloon and she's been capturing it on camera. Walking balloon, like a big balloon. It's like a big balloon. Is it shaped?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess it's like it's called like a skywalker or something like that. It's like a type of balloon where like it kind of looks like it walks when it moves, but it's been moving like like like a person like it like creeps. And then all said, like the video that really has done it for them is the Almo walking upstairs and they're like why is it walking? Then it like stops like right where she is, Like how does that happen? Oh that's horrible. A lot of stuff like that walks up and follows up up the stairs.
Speaker 3: Col Yeah, like go to your room, you ground at Elmo.
Speaker 1: I' pop disass.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not hard.
Speaker 1: Soft gun.
Speaker 3: Why doesn't she just pop it in?
Speaker 1: Because there's views, right, Diva, she wants that red paid, and I'm not one to blame her.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Diva, let's haunt the block.
Speaker 1: What about psychics? Do you believe in them? M? Yes, depends have you been to one? Yes?
Speaker 3: Horrible?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What happened? She was like, you were this woman in the eighteen hundreds who lost her husband And I was like, okay, work. So she did like a past life yeah.
Speaker 3: But I didn't ask for I just wanted to know how much money it was going to be making next month if I like, you know.
Speaker 1: So she went back and she went forward, way back, and then she said I was like this Celtic warrior or something, and I was like, all right, girl, yeah, I mean boots.
Speaker 3: If it's real, I I and I think I believe in mediums more than I do sidekicks, which some people say they're pretty yea together, but I think, you know, like, uh, what's her name, what's her name? What's of course she's real.
Speaker 1: I think she's real. I just talked to another person that has been I've been to. I've talked to many people in abunderwear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and who's that twin who had the show on.
Speaker 1: E Tyler Henry.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think he's real.
Speaker 1: That's what people say. Well listen, but I will tell you something. Both of them I've tried to get on this podcast. I haven't seen him here, they said, no, No, I just haven't seen them, So you haven't seen them. I haven't seen them here, Well, so I don't know where they are. I asked, they're traveling the realms that, yeah, they're on the other side. Well, I think.
Speaker 3: Teresa would do great on this show. I do too.
Speaker 1: I think she would have loved Oh my god, we'll talk about nails and hair for half of it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Last one? UFOs? Oh No, you don't think it's real?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I do. I said that, I don't know because maybe the UFOs are a bit too real for me that I don't want to believe them, you know. I think that's where that stems from. Like, I'm like, I do believe in aliens.
Speaker 1: Does that okay? Yeah? So, but you believe in aliens, but you don't believe that they are the ones flying their cars over here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You know. One, maybe I do believe in the UFO. I'm just agreeable, aren't I.
Speaker 1: That was easy. That was my whole agenda.
Speaker 3: Doesn't like No, No, well I don't really Okay, I'll say this, No, I don't believe in UFOs.
Speaker 1: Well, UFO means unidentified fly an object, so deva than anyone could be a UFO exactly. Let me just say one thing off topic, but slightly on topic. I don't know if Trump's budget cuts have affected the UFO air traffic control, but we haven't seen any It's possible. I know that it has affected me because I was trapped on a plane for five hours in Puerto Rico two days ago and I wasn't allowed to get off the plane. Basically, it kind of was, but kind of wasn't. Like they were like, you can get off, but we're not going to help you, like if you get off, like we're not going to get you another flight like you've already been on. We were on the Harmac for five hours because they couldn't they were understaffed, And then I missed my connection flight I had. You were in the Atlanta airport for four hours, that.
Speaker 3: Hot piece of metal for five hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was, Mama, Yes I was.
Speaker 3: I do believe that what you're saying then, Donald Trump, m mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: So I hope that the aliens are up there and hearing this and saying, baby out, we are ready, right for an invasion. Come on and get it. Invasion, when you're ready, come and get it. Anyways, that's a Oh do you want to tell people where to find you and everything?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, on social media. I'm currently working to change everything to Brenda Jordan.
Speaker 1: Is that a ghost behind you? No? Thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if there was gonna be like eleg generous back then.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Breba. What an episode that was a fun one. Hey, let's go have fun together in person. Roz Hernandez tour dot com. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay, bye? This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jeeha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kottner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon, artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareff, the spooky Georgia Hart Start, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.