Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Darry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 3: We at the Cowboys Headquarters going up on a Tuesday. It's the Players Lounge sponsored Bytositos, the official chip and Dip of the Dallas Cowboys. And you are now rocking with the best. My name is Hecma Harrison and these are players. Yes, one way or another. Listen, man, I got my guys back, man, dog I listen, Man, I missed y'all.
Speaker 2: Bro miss y'all.
Speaker 3: Man had opportunity to do some other podcasts, and I said, you know what, love, I can't wait to get back all facts and I can't wait to get back home. Man. I can see my boys, man, so we can rock out and do what we do. But Daddy McCrae is in the building. My man, Barry Church is in the building. And uh, I get to talk ball with y'all today.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We had a before I get wait, wait a minute, not gonna go. Not gonna go any further before I talk about how y'all doing. Y'all gotta tell me something good. I got so much to get into, got a good show playing. But we're gonna start like we always do, a wellness check. See how y'all boys doing.
Speaker 2: BC. I started with you, what's good with you? No, everything's good.
Speaker 4: Everything's good in the church household and got some rain, got some rains today in the past.
Speaker 2: Couple of days.
Speaker 4: And I didn't realize until I got my own place and everything.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why do you know?
Speaker 4: Dad's always you know, like the lawn always got to be precise and all that of them, damn needs to cut the grass.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, man, why you couldn't.
Speaker 4: Now I realized, Man, you get a pristine lawn out there.
Speaker 2: You ain't about you ain't about to have a little man out there cooking, cooking. I don't pay either. It's actually called homeowners association. But I did sprinkle some you know, you killed some of the weeds. Yeah. I pulled him out of there too.
Speaker 4: You know, I put my put my two cents in there.
Speaker 2: That's what. So that's what you did for the bye week?
Speaker 4: You just you did lawn care and some things around the house.
Speaker 2: So what you had to do? What about you, man, how you doing over there?
Speaker 3: I was good, I'm good. Man up he already l s U one. Last week, Okay, we played Army, but we did we were supposed to do. And things are looking up for the for the for the Bayou Bengals. Okay, I can't say the same bye week and then Alabama can't say this about the Instros, but they put up a hell of a fight. That was a hell of a baseball series. And the Rangers one. Look the Rangers one. They deserve to win. So man, look, I'm I'm I'm excited. Sports are amazing right now. All sports that are on TV. Basketball are about to start, and we are you know, we're former athletes and all that stuff, so we enjoy when it's when it's this time. Know, it's a lot of it's a lot of different sports going on. The NBA start back up tonight. You know, I don't know if that's your type, but I.
Speaker 2: Love the NBA. I'm just I can't wait for stupid.
Speaker 3: Man, we're talking about playing basketball three three years one eighty six. I saw that from Anto. Yeah, that's a that's a. That's back in the Brinks trip Brothers paid to her. You know, always fIF teen spots out there they got. But that's how you do it. You keep it in the family, the whole franchise. I didn't want to complain about not winning complaining spot. He is not comporting. That is A that's crazy. But those cos NBA contracts I know for you guys, you know that I'm signed contracts. When you look at those NBA contracts, I gotta be like, what that's that's that's it's gotta be all guaranteed, like you know, every penny guarantee once you signed on that for the n B A man that negotiate it was just written. It was just that what you get. That's what it is. Live with li with they't do you like, man, it's.
Speaker 2: Not all that. Why do you do the people like?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Take it? To leave it? Though?
Speaker 3: If I was you, I take it like when you get ready to leave a hotel. They just slide on the slide.
Speaker 2: There you go. That's you bring that with your signed and ready to go. He's expressed checkout. Man.
Speaker 3: All right, So did y'all have an opportunity to watch in in this NFL football over the weekend.
Speaker 2: It was for me, it was stress free.
Speaker 3: I got to look at everybody else's faults and I saw a bunch of them. Man.
Speaker 2: But I want to know about y'all, man, it was some.
Speaker 3: Surprises on the weekend, d mac. Who is your surprises of the weekend?
Speaker 2: Man? I was surprised Detroit got done like that. They got dirty.
Speaker 3: So like like you you already know, you already know you today they get dirty, they got go ahead, focus up, man, Baltimore, did Detroit dirty?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: They came out and I like, they just look like a totally different team. You have been waiting to see Lamar Jackson with O'Dell and Flyt like all these all these weapons that he had, and you're like, okay, monk and said he was going to pass the ball a little bit more, spread it out.
Speaker 2: We hadn't seen it.
Speaker 3: And then they came out against Detroit and was like, we finish, show y'all how we play. And from the beginning of the game to the end of the game, they literally let Detroit have everything they wanted. And prior to that, I wasn't here and we all probably still so that Detroit was one of the top teams in the NFL, absolutely, and I still believe they are. But to see that Baltimore Ravens go out there and do them like that, that was that was super impressive.
Speaker 2: Come on, who saw who was definitely one of the bigger ones.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna go with last night with Kirk Cousins out there dealing against San Francisco. I mean, this is a defense who we all saw it. You know, we all saw the game when they played the Cowboys a couple weeks ago, and it looked very formidable. I mean we thought and still rightfully so I still say they're a top defense. But man, Kirk Cousins was out there dealing without Justin Jefferson out there. I mean he he had two random backs, and not random, but Madison and Acres back there, who've been up and down, left and right. Addison, the young rookie, came out of nowhere playing ball. And usually when you look at Kirk Cousins, he's the one that's always kind of flopping on primetime games, whether it's Sunday night, Thursday night, Monday night, he's usually flopping out there. But I mean Kevin O'Connor and them boys had a great game plan and they I mean relatively so. I mean, if you look at the game, it was it wasn't close until towards the very end.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 4: I feel like, you know, Minnesota had that game the entire time. So that was a big time surprise for me. You know, those are those are the two games. And I'm glad you went with Detroit because that was what I was gonna go with. I was shocked to see Lamar Jackson. Lamar Jackson did them boys like it was like crap shot year.
Speaker 3: You know, It's like after the fact, they was dismantling and taking that team apart. And I got to say, I was shocked at the you know, the passing game from Lamar Jackson too. We know about his legs, but the arm came with it and this new offense that he's in. Man, if this is the if this is what we're peeking towards for Lamar Jackson, this is a dangerous Baltimore team. Now. I don't want to be a part of the overreact crowd. I don't want to do it, but but I think based off of what we were talking about earlier, Detroit defensively and offensively were that surprise team that you felt like Campbell had turned it around and power rankings.
Speaker 2: Even though we talk about this in the NFL, that was.
Speaker 3: One of your top five teams in the NFC, no matter how you looked at it, you still and maybe still look at Detroit that way.
Speaker 2: But I'm with you, dog, Wow.
Speaker 3: That's because that's because it makes you feel better as a Cowboys. Oh that's the guys, that's what y'all talking about. They went out there and lost too straight. Yeah, boys, Hype and Pard he came up in what do you do to us?
Speaker 2: He did like And.
Speaker 3: That's the NFL though, right, So it's like it's it's week by week. Every week we come here and do the same thing. How San Francisco ended up losing two games in a row last week, We kind of gave put an asterisk by because they lost c MC. You lose Debo Trent Williams. This week, it's just Debon and true Wings. But you gotta see him. See, you should be able to beat they're missing justin Jefferson. You should be able to beat them, all right, And they came out there and played the heck of a defensive game.
Speaker 2: Is it is it? Flores Florence is over there when I think he.
Speaker 3: Drew up some masterful for them dudes. CMC still went off now, he still did his thing. But yeah, like it was surprising. But I know why you feel better about it. I know why you feel better.
Speaker 4: Are you more surprised at the at the you know, the offense being you know what it was turning the football over or that defense that's I mean, they, you know, top defense in the league up to this point.
Speaker 2: I think it's kind of like diced up, you know.
Speaker 3: I think it's a little bit of both. You guys, know, when you get to this point in the season and injuries are starting to affect teams, you don't expect for them to look like they did when they when they're at full strength. I mean, what a difference of Trent Williams make on your offensive line, all right? What a difference of Deebo Samuel's making in your passing game? No matter where he is in his career right now, you still have to count for where Debo is. I think on the on the other side, for the defense, that linebackers are still the true But there were just some holes that I didn't think that Kirk Cousins could find and they had to look. There was some lucky breaks though, I mean some of those balls. Come on, yeah, he should have two picks, you know. I mean, it happens.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 3: But still when you look at the game, it was like, and you break it down, you're just saying to yourself, like, come on, man, this is this is one of those teams that after they beat us, everybody saying can anybody beat them? You know, it's it's pretty the number one quarterback in the league, and it doesn't make me feel good to see them lose, but it does say, dang, you know, where was all this with y'alla? You said, held on, we got stomped by them, and they went out there lost too straight to some teams that quarterback Cleveland and you lose to Minnesota and stumped us stomp stump us out. So it just depends on how you want to look at I would say this about Kirk Cousins because we do like primetime games every once in a while to do but no matter what year in the year, he got the stats, he's gonna put all right, So they're gonna be competitive in the game, especially offensively, so to me, it was no surprise that he still went out there and they put up numbers against him, which was what it was. It ain't like they went out there and put up thirty plus on them. But he was still doing this thing. So shout out to Kirk Cousins. But we just want to remember that Kirk Cousins has always been able to put up big, top numbers. Prime Time Kurt, and we got Prime Time Kurt, and he showed us why he Prime Time Kurt. But now that you see you've seen the forty nine ers lose, you've seen the Philadelphia Eagles look vulnerable in their moments. Let's get them the same treatment you just gave San Francisco because they came out and did what to Miami. So they look off that they look off the week before. Okay, and they come back and this is the same Miami. They put up seventy on Denver with Tyreek Hill out there and Waddle and Tua.
Speaker 2: All right, the.
Speaker 3: Offensive line was a little shaky's and that's unfortunately when you go against a team like Philly. But get them to get them the same, Tam, here's my opportunity to allow you to walk the red carpet with your other boys. No, No, I'm just I'm just coming to the microphone. Hey, we're gonna say, okay, weekend, week out whatever, because last week we were like, okay, Philly lost, and we all sat there and said, man, that's you know, every given something that you can get out there and lose it. And we came back here today it was like, did you see San Fran went out there look bad?
Speaker 2: We circled the game most people circle that game between Miami and Philadelphia and was like, Okay, this is gonna be one of them games where we're gonna find out who is who? And then you Washington and you found out who was who.
Speaker 3: And I found out from Miami that they obviously, just like we saw from San Francisco, were missing players. Got to get a lot, Yeah, they were missing players. But also Tarik Hill, I mean he dropped the wide open touchdown. I thought McDaniel like he coached against himself. That we've been looking at Miami and where was that running games?
Speaker 2: Non existent? You know a lot of the things that we see from that they completely gave up.
Speaker 3: But I'm talking about the NFC power rankers as we see it right now after what happened with the forty nine ers and what you're seeing with Philadelphia. Where do you look at the NFC and how do you rank these teams right now? The same I had Philly as number one, San Francisco number two, Detroit number three, of us number four stopped I'll just stopped right there. But that's what I still have it there with us being off last week, just because we saw what Philly did, they proved it. They are number one team until we are able to beat San Francisco or they are like out of the playoff race. They're going to be ahead of us because it's been three years and the last time we played them they embarrassed us, So they're gonna be ahead of us. And I think Detroit they still got the biggest win of the season against against Kansas City, and they went out there against the Lamar Jackson led team, where any given day, Lamar Jackson and that squad can't do that to just about any team in the league if they clicking of all cylinders like that.
Speaker 2: So I'm just leaving where it is. They got that same thirty eighty six treatment that beat the NFC.
Speaker 4: I kind of got a similar I got Philly up at the top. And then I'm saying there's a little gap. I'm not you know, I'm saying there's Philly, and then there's there's a little respectable gap between the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Who's next?
Speaker 4: I got Detroit in there, and then I'm kind of Cowboys slash Seattle because I like what I'm seeing out there out of the West. I mean, you know, Geno Smith, he's more consistent. Last year, he showed he can do it. This year he's backing it up. So I feel like they got a little they got something cooking up there in the West. So I'm putting Cowboys in Seattle kind of that slash for But to me, when you look at it Eagles, even in that loss where he turned the ball over, I think three times, they still had opportunity to win the game.
Speaker 2: And we've seen it all year long. Philly just ain't really clicking.
Speaker 4: Everybody's kind of like, you know, don't I don't see the same Jalen Hurds, you know, the coordinators not being there. I think it's huge, but there's still six and one. Even all through all of that, we still, in my opinion, at least believe we haven't seen the best Philadelphia team, so I gotta put them up there. And then when you look at the forty nine ers, yes, they stopped the month hole in the Dallas Cowboys. You know a couple weeks back, but two back to back losses against Yes, Cleveland has a great defense, but that quarterback was p J. Walker out there and he was able to orchestrate drives and getting points on that forty nine ers defense. Then you fast forward to last or you know a couple of last night. Last night KRK Cousins with j J. Jeto was out there dealing. I mean, the man threw a forty sometimes and didn't get received, no sacks. There was no pressure on that man. And we talked about Bosa, you know all those guys.
Speaker 2: What happened to them? What happened? What happened to those boys?
Speaker 4: So granted there was a couple of breaks, but like we say, you know, things happened in the league. So to me, that's a big gap, not a big guy.
Speaker 2: Media, what about it? What about a.
Speaker 3: Healthy, healthy San Francisco forty nine deebo and you got debo, you got Trent Remember against Cleveland, they were missing the debo Trent in CMC for for a little part of that game. So healthy, uh forty nine ers to me, I don't know. I still got to see them, and I gotta see it. I gotta see them in Philly. I think the thing about Philly is about my other boys. This is what I said about Philly and why I had them number one when I was on the break with Derrk and Nick. Philly is a team that no matter what, they can find a way to win. And that's offensively, defensively, or on special teams, no matter what's not clicking. And that's the difference between US San friand Philly. Is Okay, Philly, go out there, Jalen Hurts, don't look right, don't worry, Carter and Slay and they're gonna figure out a way to get it done.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, the defense not showing up.
Speaker 3: Don't worry Jalen Hurts and Swift and aj they gonna find a way to get it. Wait, we need something from special like, no matter what is not going right for them, they still have an opportunity to win the game. But you look at a team like US where you say, okay, defense ain't they ain't stopping nobody. Right then, you like you could just close your eyes and if somebody tell you defense not stopping nobody, you can just alreadially assume you're probably gonna lose that game, right, And I think that's the difference between Philly and then most of the other teams in the left. You know, I'm with you. I think you know Philadelphia. I'm still gonna put them at number one. Win ugly, just win, that's all it matters. And the gap they've increased that when I've seen what you just said forty nine is the way that they lost the two teams that they lost too. Regardless of hell, no one's giving us any excuses for losing, Trayvon Diggs, do nobody care? You know they Hey, y'all lost two to the teams y'all lost to, and y'all gonna be ranked in and around that fourth fifth spot no matter what. Like what you said about Seattle, that's a sneaky good team that a lot of people are not talking about. And oh, by the way, they got a pretty damn good defense. They're flying right now, they really do. They got a pretty good and we see them too. We're gonna see all them, see them too, which is crazy to me, man, which is crazy to me.
Speaker 2: And on top of that, when we talk.
Speaker 4: About when we talk about Philadelphia, and you know, it drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: Been talking about them more and more? Is it? List you started on right here I'm talking about you didn't even mentioned Philly. You said he was mad.
Speaker 3: It's not here like man, Go ahead, man, I'm gonna listen. That's what I'm gonna dost. The dude, Howie Roseman right now is dealing. And I don't care how you look at it. If you admire the NFL where you just like good football, you see what he did. Kevin Bayer, the guy was from Tennessee. I know y'all, y'all would know what safety if we break up for safety. Came in to the league of twenty sixteen. I believe he has something like twenty seven interceptions for his career. Two time All Pro, two time Pro Bowler. Dude is like that. And somehow the Philadelphia Eagles have found a way to add more pieces to a already really good roster. Now, guys, you're sitting here in the front office, put on your Will McLay hat for me.
Speaker 2: Please, are you looking at this?
Speaker 3: Come on, d Mac, you looking at this roster right now as the trade deadline approaches October thirty first, at three pm.
Speaker 2: Central Standard time, are you not making the move? Danny? Is your team? You tell me, give it to me one hundred man.
Speaker 3: Look, if there is a interior defensive lineman out there that is that is is one of those guys where you're like, he's gonna make a difference, yes, sir, call linebacker, yes sir. Other than that, nah, I'm okay, I'm okay, linebacker, defensive lineman. I think if you get one of those difference makers, bro playing the three technique on the one technique, Bro, it will change this defense as good as it already is. It will change this defense. You've seen it in Philly. You've seen it. It's hard to find those type of guys. But if you're able to, hey, when somebody calls and say, hey, man, listen, we rebuilding and we just sorry.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't even know who that guy is. We talked about another show.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's not that many of those those difference makers in the interior defensive lineman.
Speaker 2: So I don't know who that guy would be.
Speaker 3: But if there's an opportunity to get one of those linebacker or defensive lineman. Yes, other than that man, you got weapons all over the place, dron Blant stepping in nicely for Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 2: You still got Gilmore out there.
Speaker 3: Jordan Lewis has been the starter in the league, still forcing turnos can cover in the slot. So I don't I don't see any other way where you like, we have to go make an upgrade here to get us to the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Put the cap on Macwell, First off, what's up with Tennessee? They just giving Philly dies AJ Brown here and AJ Brown you can go out here to wreck the league.
Speaker 2: Take our all pro safety as well. Somebody got something on to this. They just flipped. I mean, I just don't get golf buddies.
Speaker 4: A run we got here, you can go ahead get It's crazy to me, but we talked about a move to make I'm with you, d Mac. I'm talking about that second level as a as a linebacker court you know, I would definitely look into making a move up there because where you got right now, you got you know, the moon clark out there and the majority of the snaps and my and I believe I mean, I don't look at it in front of me or nothing like that.
Speaker 2: But the majority of snaps went to Marque's Bell, who had a great game.
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong, he played unbelievable against the Chargers. But going forward, man, I just don't see if you can play him in that role. I know Lvy may come back, you know, in a couple weeks or whatever, but in the meantime, I don't know if you can continuously play him in that role because when you see it, not everybody's gonna be as finesse as the Charges were. Where it was kind of just you know, we read option here, you know, we'll dump it off to you there. A lot of those people are gonna do like the forty nine ers did when they see fourteen in the box like that, Man, we're gonna write down Hill at year. We're gonna go again some more physical opponents. So I wish they were able to make a move in that second level because lv was such a big loss. You got them on Clark. Other than that, you got a couple guy you know Evans that he's on the practice squad, But you know who you're gonna put in there, that's a real linebacker body that's gonna be able to battle on the trenches. So either, like you said, a three technique, one technique on the interior or that second level.
Speaker 2: I think it's a month.
Speaker 3: Well you got you got the Bazukah, Yeah you do, but you have to But you know you know where you need him, you know where you know where you need him. And he doesn't even count against those numbers when you're just thinking about how we attack. I don't want to see him an off ball. I don't want to see him outIn coverage. He got he got one assignment. He got one assignment, and I need you to stick with it. But when we come back, man, we're gonna talk about this twelve pm game time and whether it makes these guys nervous.
Speaker 2: Coming up next on the Players Lounge, I'm.
Speaker 5: Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 6: They snapped the Presscott, who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left, He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prus.
Speaker 6: Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 2: Whoo Me two.
Speaker 3: The smoothie bowls start with Usaii and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola, and his savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The Bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football as a wee thing and experience at his best, just to enjoy together with good drinks and good folks home are away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 3: The Salvation Army twenty seventh Annual Red Kettle Kickoff returns to AT and T Stadium this Thanksgiving. Get excited to watch the one and only Dolly parton Rock the Stage during halftime when your Dallas Cowboys go head to head with the Washington Commanders. Tune in at three point thirty pm on CBS. Back in Action here on the players lounge. I'm heck Maharrison, Danny McCrae, Barry Church in the place to be and man, bye week done.
Speaker 2: It's a rap.
Speaker 3: It's over now you got everything to look forward to. No more oft time gonna cry for you now. Twelve pm game at home and the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Chris, correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: I believe this is This could be the eleventh consecutive home victory for the Dallas Cowboys. So that's that's big time two and no at home so far.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute for you go. I'm not gonna say so. Let me ask.
Speaker 3: Let me ask y'all for you know you guys, what was y'all? What was the magic album for Dad, mccraye, Barry Church. What were the games that y'all loved the most? Was it twelve o'clock, three o'clock? What was the kickoff time?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: I love me at good twelve o'clock. Gah, ain't gonna lie to you. Go ahead and get it over it. You don't get started. Don't have to sit around and wait watching the other game seeing what happened.
Speaker 2: I love me a good twelve o'clock game.
Speaker 3: And the Monday night like a Monday night of Monday night game and get you too, But I prefer twelve o'clock man, Sunday, go ahead and get it on. U about the way so I can get the work done, go on home and eat some food. Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. You love it? What about you? Oh?
Speaker 4: I see yeah, I love the twelves twelve And I didn't really get to have money twelve until I got to Jacksonville and we were playing almost every week on twelve o'clock games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were always.
Speaker 4: We only had even the year we went to THEFC Championship, I think we only had one prime time and it was a three twenty five game really, or fourth twenty.
Speaker 2: Five out there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I love the twelve o'clock because, like you said, you ain't sitting around, you know, thinking about what's going on. You just get up, shower, you at the stadium, and you're ready to roll those three o'clock in those in those later games, have you eat a little bit, it's sitting on your stomach and you're like, man, I gotta go out here. Man, it's just twelve o'clock. You get it in, you get it out, and you're out of there. So I'm with the twelve.
Speaker 3: So for this Dallas cowboard team, this is their first twelve o'clock game of the season.
Speaker 2: Do you worry about.
Speaker 4: Any let down from this young team? Is there any Do you love it?
Speaker 3: I hate it for them, especially it being their first twelve o'clock game. I'll tell you what, Okay, I'm not worried because we do have some we have some veteran leadership on this squad, okay, and I think Mike McCarthy's gonna be able to get him right, Dan Clinton get him right. Hopefully they don't come out sleepwalking, but we do know it can happen. But they playing a team that's coming from La ten o'clock for them, Okay. So so if it's anybody at a disadvantage at this point, I'm gonna give it to the I'm gonna give it.
Speaker 2: To the other squad. So hopefully not. Hopefully they've been off a week, they.
Speaker 4: Rested, they like, hopefully just itching itching to get back out there. They watched football all week, they saw the same forty nine and seen go out there and lose. So now they feel a little bit more confident in what they can do as far as finishing the season hopefully getting the number one seed win in the division, whatever that.
Speaker 2: Is, so hopefully they're just ready to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which I think, you know, the disadvantage goes with the Rams on this one, coming all away from you know, la ten o'clock start time for what they're used to, so that may bog them down a little bit out there, but overall, man, I just man, I just usually McCarthy has his team's rate to roll, like we can never say, man, this team is just you know, starting slow like we used to be able to stay with, you know, Garrett in his tenure over there, so he usually has him raided roll. So I'm gonna go ahead and go with McCarthy on this one and say he's gonna have him radar roll at twelve o'clock.
Speaker 3: But nothing about, nothing about it makes you guys nervous, and that does not sound right to me. I at least figured there would be some pushback on this, because y'all remember the Denver Broncos game. I believe twelve o'clock it was daylight saving, so you did have another hour. It still came out flat. Do you worry about that? At least them coming out flat?
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's possible for them to come out flash, especially coming off a boy week like you haven't played you out of that routine. That's possible, But I think I think they have enough leadership on this team to then get.
Speaker 2: It figured out.
Speaker 3: If it does happen, I'm going to bet that they come out ready to play because of where they are in the season. And believe me, they still have not forgot about getting stomped out by the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: They still got a lot to prove.
Speaker 3: To take a whooping like that, you see them come back the next week galvanize the team going against the Chargers. They want to pick up and keep that momentum going on. And I think they're hearing that in the locker room Wednesday when they gonna hear a man twelve o'clock game. Just so, y'all, you need a red bull, whatever you need, make sure you're ready to go all right, because if not, this is not the Arizona Cardinals that you plan. This is Sean mcvahannam boys, and Cooper Cup is back and healthy and they got they can make some stuff happen on you before you wake up.
Speaker 2: Mess around be down by twenty. Well, let's do that. Let's do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, because y'all, I've got an opportunity to watch some football, and you know, this team, I know we're gonna talk about them all week, but just your initial thoughts on the Los Angeles Rams, what's your thoughts.
Speaker 4: On When you talk about defensively, I think, you know, I think they're they're slacking a little bit on that end of it. When you when you look at the Rams team in the past, it was, you know, they got Aaron Donald, who's still a dog. Don't get me wrong, He's still a beast, but he also had people beside him that can that can do work. They used to have a Sean Robbinson out there, Leonard Floyd that can help Aaron Donald get after the pass rusher. When I look at him now, it's kind of like it's Aaron Donald or bus Like. If he doesn't get back there and get pressure, the quarterback pretty much got all day back there. So to me, defensively, if the Cowboys played similar to what they did last week and Dak's able to those throws, I think offensively that we should have where the Cowboys should have a big time game. But when you talk about, you know, the Rams offense, that worries me a little bit because you got Cup out there and he ain't just stationary on the outside.
Speaker 2: They moved that man slide, you know, got them in motion.
Speaker 4: They do a lot of that eye candy stuff that in San Francisco forty nine ers did words. You know, you see a lot, you see a little type deal. So him and Nicol both out there. You got two dynamite weapons we didn't get.
Speaker 2: We don't. I don't believe we had that the match on the on the other side, I'm not so sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know Bland is playing well, but Gilmore, if we looked at what Gilmore has been doing this season, he's not the same in Gilmore for twenty nineteen. You know, he struggles with guys. And I was talking with and we were on what was that on Talking Cowboys earlier last week, and Brian Brodders was breaking it down to us where he believes Gilmore he he's lost a little bit of a step when when teams are starting to run him on over routes, it's hard for him to keep up over there. So I'm a little bit worried when it comes to the Rams offense. But if that pass rush comes to play, then that can negate everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I listen, the strength of our team is the wide receiver in the quarterback. Okay, Matthew Stafford's been doing it for a long time, even with Cooper Cup out. We see Nicoua get out there and Pookah. Look at his stats now, Okay, I think he's two yards short of Jamar Chase as far as having the most receiving yards in the first.
Speaker 2: Whatever seven eight games.
Speaker 3: Like, the dude is producing and he was in there by himself, and defensive coordinators knew that Matthew Stafford was thrown to him, and he still found a way to still get a honey yards at the Huney yards at the Honey Yards.
Speaker 2: So you know that he is he is the real deal. And then you got Cooper Cup triple Crown guy. So like when you're looking at what you need to stop, it's usually like, hey, you got to stop the run. Nah, that ain't it.
Speaker 3: You got to figure out a way to trick Matthew Stafford and seeing some stuff that he doesn't usually see. Uh, maybe seeing some ghosts get Michael par Parsons some time to get back there and get those sacks. But if you give him time with those two guys out there, then it's gonna be a long day for the Dallas Cowboys. Man, I got a good friend named because he's not from the Polynese knowlans shout out man, Pook and the Coop and what are the names that you hear a lot? And it's because he's producing it. That's that's the only reason him and Cooper Cup and what you just mentioned, those crossing routes, they gonna get the Los Angeles Ram gonna give you that all day long. And I saw what's t J Watt on his interception and he's playing in three four but he backs out, baits him and on the crossing route that he undercut, And to me, I was like, man, that's crazy to see t J. Watt undercut a route. He's a dick. How did this happen? And you rewinded and you see they baited him because they do a lot of those crossing routes.
Speaker 2: And that's how Poker has been eating.
Speaker 3: Now the Cooper Cup is back, that's how he I mean, you know what he does, right, They're gonna move him and put him in every position to win. But that's where I worry about Gilmore. That's where that's why I worry about him and his cause what if team has been doing racing him across the field and making him track those those ross and routes. But I think on the other end, offensively, we gotta eat this as a game. You gotta eat, you gotta eat. And and I don't know, Like when I when I came away from every when the last minute went off last last night, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, we got an opportunity.
Speaker 3: We got stumped out by the forty nine ers, but we gotta make up for it because this next two game stretch, no matter how you look at it, it's important because of the who's at the end of that two game stretch. You win this, you go into Philly, you get a victory in Philadelphia, Dog, that puts you right back up at the top.
Speaker 2: Just focus on this week. Hold hold on, no, man, I break it down. He came back. Yeah here talking about Philly already set up.
Speaker 3: Good, it's great, let me live, let me get you. But you know how important this is, man, We gotta get this one. We gotta get this And I'm and I'm gonna concentrate on the Rams. And that's why this game is so important because it just teased you up to a bigger matchup in.
Speaker 2: The next week. You know what it is, we know what's coming. You trying, you try, He.
Speaker 3: Tried to, and they still put it on all left. Let me tell you something about the NFC West already in Arizona. Okay, for for all intensive purposes, Okay, when you say we got stumped out by by San Francisco, Arizona Gables, Arizona's.
Speaker 2: Games, everything we wanted out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Rams, Yes, the NFC West for us, it ain't been good.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: You know, it's the NFC West invitation and we owe it to well, we're on one right now, actually going two and two were owing.
Speaker 2: To This is a team. This is a team.
Speaker 3: You cannot overlook their Matthews effort again, even with the offensive line, and that was my biggest question, like what does this offensive line look like the pieces that they had in the.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl years, those are gone.
Speaker 3: But Matthew Stafford is getting the ball out quicker, He's not taking that punishment back there. They're getting behind the running game. And that's the biggest thing for me, Hey, we gotta make sure that we stopped the run. We cannot give the Rams any life. We can't just okay, roleur helmets out there. They're gonna let no no, no, no no, they are gonna come to play.
Speaker 2: And guys like pooping the core and Cooper Cup.
Speaker 3: This is this is Hey, this is a serious matchup man that I can't I cannot, man, I can't say. I don't want you. I just want you to focus on this week. You got coming here next month to d Matt.
Speaker 2: This is the same thing. You know we were talking about against Arizona. I'm just telling you what the same way, the same way. Man. I don't know. This guy won't let me live.
Speaker 3: But what we're gonna do, We're gonna take a break, we're gonna come back, and we're gonna talk about at the end it is by weekend what they're looking for improvements on in this next game. In which group on the players lounge? Man, see how you doing me?
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker. Your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 6: They snapped a preshout. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll one for a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this him show, running up the middle any stores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state, and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 4: Home we're away, we.
Speaker 8: Rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days. Please rank responsibly back to the players loud.
Speaker 3: The twenty twenty four PBR World Finals are taking over at and T Stadium. It all starts on May seventeenth with Kid Rocks Rock and Roll Rodeo, Then on May eighteenth and nineteenth, the finalists compete in the twenty twenty four PBR Championship.
Speaker 2: Let's Rock and Ride.
Speaker 3: Three day tickets are on sale now at sea geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of A teen and ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah Let's Go segment for the last segment of.
Speaker 3: The Players Lounge Becman Harrison's Barry Church.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all all right, so we have to buy week.
Speaker 3: We evaluated positions, We talked about potential, you know, trade deadline everything. Guys, there's a position group that you have in mind that you're like, look, they had to have gotten this corrected with the two weeks that they've had to look at this On Sunday. What's going to be that position group that you're going to say, Hey, I'm looking at these guys to see what the bye week did for them.
Speaker 2: What group is that?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: Does it just have to be one or is it the quarterback receiver connection? Just your show, because I want to say the receiver group, but I just feel like the connection between the quarterback and the receiver is where we're there's a disconnect there, right because we know that we have the talent and the skill to be to be more efficient and more and more dynamic, more explosive than we have been so far this season. So hopefully they're not a position group, but Dak and his receivers are more on the same page about what they need to do in order to be more exposive than they've been so far to season. Man, that's that's a big one because I believe over the first six games that's been the biggest disconnect between this offense. They have not been on time, my man, Mike g hasn't been there. And that he's been, He's receiving a lot of heat and they gave him a lot of targets too. That's why I got three.
Speaker 2: Target, target and a catch.
Speaker 3: That's all right, it wasn't me, but either way, but either way, that's a that's a position group. That that I agree with you man, that that that connection between Dak and his wide receivers. I don't know if he took him to Cabo what they had to do over the.
Speaker 2: Publicly, ain't they went to Sam's up the street, man, thank you, thank you. It's fun, all right, But either way that connection has to happen. B C, what about you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the running game on this one. I don't know if it's the old line, you know, whatever it is going there, or if it's Tony Poler division, whatever the case may be. Like when you talked about the connection between DAK this running game, just it's just not what I thought it might be going into the season. And we looked at Tony Pollard, there's a lot of question marks going into the year. You know, after that injury. Can he bounce back? Can he be that Bell Kyle guy? Can he be the guy that you know Zeke was for so many years, And not saying he gotta be that type of back, but kind of the same level of production, and we just haven't seen it. If you look out here the last two games, twenty three carries fifty nine yards in the last two games. So I don't know if it's lack of him getting the attempts or getting whatever in the passing game, running game, whatever it is, but he's just not producing. And I just would love to see more from Tony Polter and this running game because feel like that's when you get the best Dallas Cowboys offense, when they're balanced out there and it's not just all on one individual.
Speaker 2: So to me, hey, this run game it speaks for himself. The last two games, very with it.
Speaker 3: I remember when Zeke's numbers looked like that, and I remember Barry, you did not take it easy on Zeke like that. Okay, oh man, but this man said, twenty three.
Speaker 2: Cardion over it? Wait up?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: But no?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: When when if Zeke was here his numbers look like that? Oh man, I'm talking about it. Would they would have been throwing a fit. I can't believe. Not just you, I'm talking about just people in general. Because what happens is when you think about Tony poland you think about how explosive he is, you're thinking about four or five yards of carry exactly.
Speaker 2: That ain't that too?
Speaker 3: So like yeah, so like it has it has to pick up because like the stylar ball you want to play is I'm going to lean on my defense by helping them and us keeping the ball, by running it in short and moving this fix twenty three cars fifty some of yards and that ain't even that should.
Speaker 4: Be one game, twenty three carries or near near with it when you talk about receiving and running, but twenty three over two games, that's that's bad.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna cut it.
Speaker 3: The thing is when you see somebody like CEMC have a game like that, the imprint that he has outside of just running, it's huge. Right, you got three touchdowns on three catches for you know whatever. So like, if you're not getting the yards that we are expecting five point your five point whatever yards are carry then yeah, you got to be catches a touchdown, being a difference maker in the passing game, whatever that is or else.
Speaker 2: You know, So we in trouble.
Speaker 4: If we look at the forty nine ers, he had to see eight rushes and you know, four receptions, so that's twelve.
Speaker 2: That's twelve touches total for a guy that is explosive as as a tony part of it is. I just you know, I would love to see more of it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: In the LA game was a little bit more. He had fifteen rushes and six receptions. The six receptions went for eighty but there was one play where it was kind of a scramble broke down one on that one from behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna see that some of the fast guys in the league.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, but I'm gonna say I'm gonna say this, and that's where I was going uh b C. I was going with the running back position. I thought that Tony Poller was the one player that needed the bye week. He needed the bye week because Tony Poller man and a lot of points this done those six games. I was like, man, he's he running like he already in mid season for him, you know. And I agree that the touch is if they don't come in the form of running the ball, we need to at least expose him as a as a wide receiver. And and I think you saw that two weeks ago, but it was you got all the yardage on one play. But either way, that's the kind of imprint that you want for Tony Poller to have. But he has to have more of an imprint in the running game because what does that do. That keeps the clock running, that keeps keeps your defense fresh. And for all the things that Mike McCarthy has promised about this offense, we've seen it work to perfection when it has that balance like you just spoke of, and then the defense can just come in there and hunt and do.
Speaker 4: What they do.
Speaker 3: But man, I'm telling you this, there's there's some pressure on the defense too. There's some pressure on the defense. No matter what, there's some pressure on the defense, and there's some pressure on Michael Parsons. I believe that Michael Parsons and his production and what you thought would be by now you hadn't seen it. And maybe it's because of the double teams. Maybe it's because of the way the teams are playing him. Let's see if dan Quinn, Let's see if dan Quinn has reformulated anything with number eleven and found what found a way?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I got I got two things real quick. Okay.
Speaker 3: You talked about Tony Pauler need a by week in week six they ain't playing no preseason and he got.
Speaker 2: How many more games left without a bye week? Man?
Speaker 3: Man, because that's the case that he in trouble. And how they blocking Michael Parsons.
Speaker 2: I just I just can't. I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, we said thing, watch Miles Gearedtt have two tight ends follow him from left to right. I mean, uh, they got to lay a game because they was way trying to figure out who it was gonna be at. When you talk about Michael Parsons and we say, okay, how about this, where is he now in in the uh in the Defensive Player of the Year vote, what do you think, like, how is he at the top or behind who? Miles geared t j yt right, So is it close right now? Is it close based off what you've seen from those from those two and then right now is running away with it and my estimation, but just with the way that he's playing. I mean, and these are two miles Miles just jumped over.
Speaker 2: Let me just say this.
Speaker 3: And when I look at those two guys and I just do the schematics on them much bigger and they played a different scheme than than he.
Speaker 2: Then we've had this conversation if Teaser playing.
Speaker 3: In the three four verse playing in the four to three And I don't know if Dan is gonna ever get around to that as long as he's coaching and michaeh, but maybe that's the best position for him in this defense versus moving him all around the way that.
Speaker 4: But he'd have to be bigger. I'm gonna say, you can't just line him up in one. Absolutely, he'd have to be bigger.
Speaker 3: And I think the guys that you're talking about are Jesus Christ this, I mean, what is this guy from from Cleveland May up. But when he's playing defensive line, that's not de fault. You know, he's a guy playing what I what I want to see. I want to see more usage of Michael Parsons. Guys, I'm telling you go back and watch the tape. Michael was lining up at the one technique like in a three point stance. I don't think that's the best way to use no but leve. I know he's good, but is he one technique?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 3: Those are just some questions that I have going into after this bye week. I'm gonna be looking at all of that. Man. But this was a good show. Good show man. He knew he will be back tomorrow. He is making his way back from Houston, probably smelling like champagne. And that's all he at the breakfast club, wobbles and drinks and all type of stuff he.
Speaker 2: Ain't not do.
Speaker 3: That's the players last man. We'll be back to mind two o'clock. Thank you for rocking Winners.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.