Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network. Ready, you're ready, Let's get it off. How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sundays three Pacific, sixth Eastern, Saturday is with the Jim Valley Toenday Pacific one Eastern. We got a lot to talk about today. It is Thursday on this show, and you know what that means. Last night aw Dynamite and without saying it, they pretty much told you we're announcing a Saturday show next Wednesday. I'm gonna tell you about everything we know. Talked about it a lot yesterday. Not a lot of new information today, but Tony did announce a big announcement and uh yeah, it's gonna be a big one one way the other. Even if it's even if it's only we have a new two hour show on Saturday night, that's still a pretty damn big announcement. We've got notes on the upcoming Wembley show and will Ospray, as Dave talked about last night on wrestling Observer Radio, Edge talks about the new World Heavyweight title, what he wants to do. He's got some plans, the trainer of Bad Bunny for the San Juan Street fight. The NXT ratings from Tuesday night, and it's interesting actually because NBA and NHL competition was very strong for SmackDown and for Raw, and for NXT. SmackDown pretty much got killed based on what SmackDown normally does, and Raw had to do an entire first round of a world championship tournament to do fine. On Monday night it was all right, and uh, for whatever reason, NXT did the second highest audience total since March twenty eighth. So these NXT fans are loyal, as I can attest to. And of course we've got the full report from Dynamite, where in fact, that absolutely despicable, disgusting human being Don Kallas did a horrible thing in the main Evans, although maybe it wasn't so horrible back in the moment Observer Live, you would be. We'll be the other pawns in between and the cool, cool morning turn the days of Slam.
Speaker 2: I'll stay living right is easy.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Bright Alberz here Wrestling Observer Live m sumber BB also Wrestling Observer dot com. Well Tony Kahn appeared on Dynamite type of an announcement that will take place next week on TNT. I don't know if you have heard. He appeared on Dynamite Wednesday, said that based on all the talent literally lining up backstage, he said it was clearer than ever that AW could produce even more content. Therefore, he said stay tuned to TNT next week as a huge announcement would take place. He said that Dynamite next week will also follow up on quote one of the most important announcements ever in the history of AW. So we had the return of Miro. Miro showed up and walked into Tony Khan's office. Thunder Roses showed up, walked into Tony Khan's office, and this led to the comment that people were lining up. So, as we mentioned yesterday, next Wednesday, they are going to announce AW Collision Saturday nights. I believe eight to ten. It will be starting in June. I mean, this is as close to one hundred percent confirmed as you can confirm without it actually being announced. Yet that's for sure going to happen Now they've believes that they have signed a new television deal, and I'm talking a new television deal. They had a lot of time left on their current television deal, but if you recall when AW kicked off in twenty nineteen, they lasted about four months and then WBDS just tore up that contract and gave them a brand new contract. And Dave says, that's what's happening here. So it is not continuing on with that Dynamite contract and then adding Collision. It's like everything's being thrown out the window, and they've got a new deal which will include obviously Dynamite, Collision page and exclusivity for the AW programming, obviously not including Ring of Honor. Now, as we talked about yesterday, there's a lot of rumors on the internet that they have achieved a one billion dollar deal over five years. Now, this is what I can tell you about it. Okay, their old deal, as we talked about yesterday, was about forty million a year for three years and then fifty five million for the fourth year. That was what the deal was going to be. So basically it was a forty million dollar television deal. So to get a billion over five years, they would have to go from essentially forty it would be fifty five either this year or next year. I think it's next year, but regardless, they would have to go from that to two hundred and fifty million over the course of five years. Now, you know, WWE's deal for Rod's SmackDown was I think one point two billion, So for Dynamite and Collision, they would essentially be getting almost exactly very close to the same deal that WWE got for Raw SmackDown and NXT by the way, So that seems like a pretty excessive number. And you know, from talking to people, the thing is like nobody in aw knows anything. Tony is not telling anybody anything about anything, to the best of my knowledge. And if you if you hear from people within WBD, they also you know, they they know obviously about Collision and everything that's being announced. But you know, and this is not everybody obviously, because I think that actually Tony is now negotiating with like the very top guy in all of WBD. So here's what I think is possible given these these billion dollar rumors. If if AEW has made a deal with WBD where they are renewing Dynamite in an increased amount. They are adding Collision. Obviously they're still Rampage. And also WBD will be taking possession of the AW tape library for Max and the pay per views are going to be moving to Max. So basically what this would be is not just a television deal but like an overall package, which would basically be what WWE is doing for Peacock in terms of pay per view in the library. If that's what this deal is here, then yeah, I can see that being two hundred and fifty million a year over five years. AW would be giving them the library, the library would go on Max, the pay per views would move from br Live to MAX. New deal for a Collision, new deal for dynam That is possible that that is this rumored one billion dollar deal. So we're going to know presumably everything on Wednesday because they have a pay per view coming up. And if part of the announcement is you know, get HBO Max or whatever it's called now Max, because that's where double or Nothing is, you're pretty much gonna know that that's what this whole package is all about. So or it could just be Collision, I mean, could just be adding Collision, and a new deal for Collision, Dynamite and rampages of package.
Speaker 2: We will know.
Speaker 1: More Wednesday, but as of now, aside from the debut of Collision, nothing is confirmed at this point. So that's the announcement.
Speaker 2: Scott Steiner can explain economics better than you can.
Speaker 1: No, he can't. I did a perfect job there.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't. You tried to divide the number by five again, five year deal. If it's a billion dollars, that would be two hundred million dollars, not two hundred and fifty million whatever.
Speaker 1: Close enough. Hey, the gist of it is the gist of it, you understand. And no, I am better at math than Scott Steiner can confirm.
Speaker 2: Hey, bottom line is it's going to be big business for AW and it provides them a lot of security. Now do they sounds like they took those last years that they had and just balled them up and threw them away. Look at the amount of programming that they're now asking for from WBD. Look what they're asking for As far as again our assumption that they're going to be putting the entire library up on Max and they're going to start filtering pay per views through that method. As opposed to Bleacher Report and things like that. I mean, no matter how you cut it, it's a great business decision for AW and it provides them some really good security at a time where things are shaken right now. And it's another testament to wrestling falling on the side of sport in this case then on the entertainment side of things, because they are getting paid with their rights as if they were a sport. So you know, you can say a lot about what WWE did, and you can say a lot about what Nick con did for them when he was negotiating deals and all that sort of stuff, But this is what they kind of open things up to. This is how they made the market look at their programming, and in reality AW is benefiting from that.
Speaker 1: You know, I can't wait till it turns out that it's actually a one point twenty five billion dollar deal. And I was right all along.
Speaker 2: You know. The problem with this is now there's going to be people where if they don't get a billion dollars, which is a ridiculous amount of money if you really think about it, because again they've got to start pushing for other things. They've done a lot of cost cutting with WBD. They are going to spend some money. Now, obviously they have the NBA to look at. They've done this deal with AAW. They have other things and other irons in the fire they have to pay for. It's just going to be interesting to see what AW actually gets and what the response is going to be if everybody measures everything off of a rumored billion dollar deal.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I don't like to be a conspiracy theorist, but I will say that I have not completely eliminated the possibility that somebody involved with WWE leak this number so that the Internet would spend a week getting excited about a billion dollar deal and then when it's like not a billion dollar deal, or like I knew it, what a failure. Mud in the mud. They only got a one hundred percent increase instead of a four hundred percent.
Speaker 2: People to watch Dynamite can't get a billion dollars out of the industry. Who's the Kagan of cons It's Nick con Tony. You gonna take that? Come on, man, well.
Speaker 1: The way come back. We're talking about Dave's pole. Heated a pole? About who I think it was? Who Kenny Omega should face it at Wembley and uh got a lot of people talking about this pole and will Ospray, and uh, we're gonna talk about that after the break, and of course we got all the other news as well, Edge and Brian Kendrick training, Bad Bunny, NXT numbers and yes, we will finish up today with that aw Dynamite report back in a moment observed live in the show. Brain Elber is here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simber BB also Wrestling Observer dot com. So Dave did a poll who should will Ospray face at Wembley and the number one response obviously was Kenny Omega and uh fifty three percent of the vote, it's said in his poll. And then last night on an Observer Radio, you know, he meant that will Ospray is scheduled for the show, and then we had an article on the front page about it. It said will Osprey to express his desire to perform on the August twenty seven of the show during an interview with de Zone, Dave noted on Observer Radio Wednesday Osprey has currently factored into plans for the Big show in London. He said will Ospray as of a couple of days ago, was booked on the show. I do not know his opponent, I do not know the match, but he was booked on the show. So I did hear from people this morning that they were not upset at the idea that will Osprey was on the show, but they pointed out, like, you know, how many people don't know if they're on the show. They probably would like to know that work for AW, that are AW wrestlers that are going to be maybe or maybe not performing on this AEW show that sold tickets based on being an AW show. And you know, the point was kind of you know, sometimes you see, uh, you know, people always complain with with WrestleMania, where you've got this roster and they work hard every year and then WrestleMania time comes and you got the Rock or Batista or Steve Austin or Undertaker or they bring all these guys back and they get all the big spots and those spots are not you know, given for the uh, the other guys or whatever. Man, Well here's here's my my thought of well here's my thought on this, okay, because I have I have I have thoughts in all different ways, So you're a thinking man. I am a thinking man. Okay, Now, the reality is that they've sold sixty something thousand tickets and there's no card announced. Okay, so I am not advocating to do like a dark Elevation show. But the fact of the matter is they've they've they could do anything they want on this show. This could be if they wanted to an all AW show. Here is everyone's reward for the last three years, and we're celebrating this new deal and everything. So it's nothing but AW people up and down the show. We're not bringing in any outsiders. This is your AW show. You could do that. Okay. Now here's the argument for will ospray.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: The argument is that this is not just a show, but this is the first show in this market and it is being used to kickstart the future of AW in all of Europe. Okay, now, we don't know right now, We have no idea what the broadcast plans are for here in the US. Is it going to be on TNT, TBS, Is it going to be a streaming show? Are they actually going to run to pay p reviews on back to back weekends. It seems ridiculous that it would be a house show. I mean, they gotta be doing something with it, but we don't know, okay, But Dave strongly believes that there is going to be a major European television deal for Wembley. And if that is the case, which I'm pretty sure, I mean, it's it's it's almost like you know, of course there's going to be. If there is going to be a European television deal, then what you need. Yeah, this is an AW show. Yeah, the tickets were sold based on AW coming to Europe. But what you want to do is get the biggest television audience possible. Who is the biggest available European homegrown talent we'll offspring, right, Yeah, the somebody else I'm aware of. So so he should doesn't need to be necessarily the main event, although you could put him in the main event, but he should be in a big, prominent, important match on that show because this isn't about how I mean, it is about how many tickets he sold and everything like that, But what this is is we are storming. We're not breaking into the market. We're kicking down the door of this market and we're gonna try and take over. And so if that is the idea, then yeah, absolutely Will Osprey should be in a major match on this show to do everything that you can do to make this a European show, a show that people across Europe that are wrestling fans are going to watch and get behind and blow the whole thing up. People are mentioning Pak. I mean I think that for that market, I would argue Will Osprey at this point is a bigger star than Pawk in that market. Drew. Maybe he's gonna be available, maybe he won't, we don't know, but you know, as of right.
Speaker 2: Now, dung Thur and guys like that out of it. Obviously, we're talking about who is available out there, and you look at who are the biggest stars that are you know, have been homegrown there. And again it is pac who we have not seen in a while, who will have a I'm sure an appearance on that show. I mean I assume everything is you know, copasetic between both sides, so I'm sure he'll be on the show. Well, Osprey should be on the show. He's a natural. He's a natural because AEW wants him there. He's a natural because AW fans want him there. Let's just say even somehow something happens where the day after all in his contract ends and he walks into WWE, does it affect anything. No, because you're gonna have a match with Kenny Omega or whoever on that show that is going to be a big, big deal, and the fact that it naturally plays in the things you already have with Kenny Omega anyway, that you already have with your partners in New Japan. So again, it's just one of those things that makes sense. And for anybody to compla he's got a spot on the card or is going to have a prominent position on this card is completely missing the point every.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Drew here. Listen, I don't know when Drew's deal is up. Okay, if his deal is up even one day after Wembley, then his name should not be mentioned here because there's no chance. I believe there is no chance that they are going to release Drew McIntyre prior to Wembley. Okay, I just I can't even comprehend that happening.
Speaker 2: So oh man, look if this goes for a lot of matches too, Jamie Hayter, Okay, what do you do in that situation? You know she's gonna have a you know.
Speaker 1: Of course she's gonna be on the shit match.
Speaker 2: Do you do it with you know, another homegrown star there? Do you do it with Page? Do you do it with somebody who was born there but is an international star? And somebody that.
Speaker 1: You know what I do? You want to know what I do with her?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: She beats Jake Cargill and the titles. We don't need these two belts, dude. Yeah, I don't need to.
Speaker 2: Do that, but you could do that. But look, that would be a show. You could do something like that on build to it, make it a big deal and just don't have too much inside the ring as you build to it. But I was thinking more along the lines of, you know a Julia who I would love to take away from stardom if I had my brothers, if I'm WWE or AW, I would love to have Julia there. And you have the Mercedes Monette thing floating out there as well too. What would be a bigger match for a lot of people than to see the former Sasha Banks and Jamie Hayter in front of seventy five thousand or whatever fans at Wembley. So you have a lot of things that are going to need to fall into place. But like you had said at the beginning, the tickets are already sold, and you do have pay per views that you do on a regular basis that you're going to have to build for, including one possibly right near there with all out, So you could do a lot of dream matches and have a lot of fun on this show. As long as the crowd gets what they want, that's all that's going to matter.
Speaker 1: Edge wants to win the world title and then retire after losing it. Join the club. Edge not everyone's deal, but he did say that the title belt looks very much like the one that he vacated when he was forced to retire twelve years ago, and that was a thing that one of the main reasons that he was compelled to return was he did not get to end this thing on his terms. He never got to lose that title and then retire, so it would be poetic for him to win. Essentially, that's essentially what this belt is. It's that same belt, new design and everything. But you know, winning that, having his big run, retiring, losing it first to somebody, I mean, I'm not a post to that idea. Why not NXT six hundred one thousand viewers, up five point eight percent from last week, second highest audience total for the show since March twenty eight did a point seventeen, up to only one point four. It wasn't Tiffany, dude, because she was in the first match, So if it was Tiffany, it would have fallen off.
Speaker 2: Afterwards when we get the many five minutes, we're gonna find out what happened after she got out of there.
Speaker 1: It had to have been. It had to have done well because they did a great number here twenty one point four percent in uh in eighteen forty nine. That's with NBA and NHL dominating the cable charts. They were the fourth highest non sports show of the night. People are starting to see the light about this NXT show. That's what's happening.
Speaker 2: You know what it was? Probably Lyra Valko Volkov, you.
Speaker 1: Know what it was. It was the second out of the show was great.
Speaker 2: That's what it was because Lyra.
Speaker 1: I don't know how people sat through that first hour though, that's another question entirely.
Speaker 2: Waiting on Braun. See if you got tannered by the end of the episode.
Speaker 1: Guy's got a great tan brother. Yes, he has a call I'm getting one. I've been outside every day.
Speaker 2: Baskets beautiful out there. Now I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yes. I also have a Kendrick confirming that he helped train Bad Bunny, which may have been why he did a slice bread number two, although apparently Brian didn't show him the part about don't land on your own head. Well, so there you.
Speaker 2: Go throwing his politics out and whether you're a good job training. That's the thing is I mean, from Eva Marie to the tough enough contestants to I'm Marie as one of the well, but I mean like they use him and have used him to with the most again with their celebrities and again Bad Bunny his He obviously is a huge fan, but he was making faces, he was emoting, he was doing everything again his training and whoever, which I guess is Brian Kendrick along with some others. Again, a lot of credit really needs to go to them as well as him, because that was an incredible package for everyone involved.
Speaker 1: Back in a moment Observer Live. Back in the show, Bright Olberz here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simberbb also of Wrestling Observer dot Com. Well, it's time for the Dynamite report. But first, have you grabbed your cameo from myself or Big Vinnie b We're both available. I am, of course at f W online on cameo or just search Brian. I think I'm the first one that comes up. And of course you have to type out all Vincent ver hie because he didn't come over it all. But we're both available. We will wish you well, we will roast you, we will do happy happy uh you know, birthdays or whatever, or you know, if you want, you can have them bury somebody else such as Oreo the Orca. Vinnie had wor words about that darn whale, and you can check it out on my Twitter right now at Brian Alvarez and he's.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right gets on cameo.
Speaker 1: I hope not I do. I don't want to make any money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, he would probably retweet my tweet that says Patreon dot com slash mid Atlantic Podcast.
Speaker 1: But you know, doubtful. He's a very greedy whale. I don't know if you've nosed or not. He wants it to be all about himself all the time. One thing I really hate. Now, let's talk about this show. It opened with Ray Phoenix and Claudia in a double jeopardy match, and uh, you know, on the surface, what happened was the right champion beat one half of the tag team champions. But unlike when we sometimes see this in WWE, where in the old days the world champion would be both of the tag team champions all by himself, Claudia to fight, fight to beat this skuy and they had an outstanding match that in fact Claudio eventually won with the Ricola baumb So now Claudio and any member of the BCC will be getting a championship match against Penta and Phoenix for the ROH Tag Team titles.
Speaker 2: This is gonna sound so mean, and I don't mean it too since ROH just got started. And again the environment is it's tough right now to stand out. But like this is like the greatest nothing happened in title reign in the history of wrestling. I mean, these are all great matches Claudio's having and it just feels like everything is flying right under the radar with Bring of Honor right now.
Speaker 1: Well, then we had Miro showing up and walking into Tony's office. MGF did a pre tape promo. They had one from each of the four pillars, and they all gave their thoughts on each other and the upcoming four way and he noted I have had the best singles. He said, dog Collar match in history, best Iron Man match as well. Every great moment has something in common. It is me. He vows to win. FTR came out for an announcement. Next said, you know, before we get started, I owe an apology to someone, So I'd like to call out Mark Risco. Out came Sanjay and jo, look on.
Speaker 2: Your face just shows you what you know. Imagine you know, you being called out to make an apology. That's exactly the face you would make right there. You can't even fathom such a thing.
Speaker 1: And Sanjay says, forget this stupid apology. Are you gonna accept our challenge for Las Vegas? So this Dax Fell also likes his polls. He pulled the crowd much like Dave. You guys want this match, and I think they were expecting the fans to cheer, because the fans booed they didn't want the match. And then Dax goes, I kinda had the feeling you'd said, you know what, I'm gonna accept, but on one condition you have to admit that you were using Mark Brisco to get to us. And so Sanjay says, Mark is our friend. So Mark comes out and he says, everybody simmer down, let's all calm down. I talked to Tony Khan, and I've got some news. Tony Khan gave me an announcement to announce, and that is that in Las Vegas, a double or nothing. It will be FTR versus Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett and I Mark Risco will be the special referee. And everybody cheers. He says, I got to keep the piece somehow, So you know what, let's all, let's all do some drinking. So he pours some alcohol in everyone's deal so they can toast. But then Sanjay spits the alcohol into Ftr's eyes. A brawl breaks out. Mark attempts to break it up. Jeff Jareded shoves Mark Brisco into Dax, who can't see because they had Alcohl in his eyes, and he grabs Mark and he gives him a pile driver, and the fans chant, you fed up, And dude, I thought this was awesome, simple because listen, we've got a We've got a match where the people love the babyface. They're facing the heels and you have a babyface special referee, So right there, it's kind of like, you know, that's all great and all because you like the baby faces, but you know what's the drama here? Well, they created drama by having Dax accidentally because he was blinded by alcohol, that the heel spin in his eyes give his buddy a pile driver. I loved this angle. It was so easy.
Speaker 2: We are living in a world where it is only few of us that want to see FTR and Jeff Jarrett and Jay lethal as much as we would like to see this match take place with these very simple things take place during a match and actually have them go all a lot further than some of the moves and other matches do. I think they're great together. And I also think Mark Briscoe should at some point become the director of Authority or some sort of you know, commissioner for AW. I'd like to see him out there instead of Tony Kahan, like, you know, giving directions all of the time. His constantly air can be his father, it would be fantastic.
Speaker 1: We had the Jericho promo where it was an unprovoked attack on commentary creating an unsafe working environment. I have a quarter. If you're in the building, or if I'm in the building, you're banned. And Roderick Strong shows up, says Adam calls one of my best friends. He is not a coward. I'm not banned from the building. I want to face you in a fight falls Count anywhere, unless you're a coward. Jericho says, don't try to make your name off me. I accept the match for next week. Everyone's booing, proud, booze. Roderick says, I knew you'd say that. Well, I also got a legal document and that jas is banned from the building. I don't know where this is going to go, okay, but where I want it to go is because it is falls Count anywhere. They brawl out of the building, where Adam Cole can then attack Chris Jericho and beat the crap out of him because of course he's banned from the building. But they will be outside the building because it's false canon.
Speaker 2: Gives it a reason for them to jump to this step so quickly. I was wondering why Roderick was so calm, you know, being out there considering what they did to Britain. Adam, but then he threw in the thing at the end about having already in his pocket the Jas being banned, so made sense.
Speaker 1: The ne Rosa shows up, She's gonna talk to Tony Kahan. Sammy promo an absolute total babyface promo by Sammy and Ty. I'm sure they'll still be booed, but I mean, dude, if you watch that all Access, they are so likable, and they're trying to bring that here to television. But I don't know how many people watch that show, and I don't know if anyone's going to go for it.
Speaker 2: As entertaining as he's been with Max. You know, after this whole thing, who's a bigger hated figure right now, Who's somebody that you want to cheer for more? Jungle Boy or Sammy?
Speaker 1: So I could see Jungle Boy going heel.
Speaker 2: He should go here.
Speaker 1: I think he'd be better off as a heel. We had Orange Cassidy Daniel Garcia. Actually, first Tony made his announcement of the announcement which is next week. Then we have Orange Cassidy Daniel Garcia for the international title. This was also an excellent match. Orange Cassidy's hanging on by a thread but he got a wacky lucha cradle pinned him. The look on Garcia's face was just outstanding after he was beaten by a wrestling move, and the ex Caliber told us if this guy had done less sports entertaining, he might have won.
Speaker 2: He was trying to get the sub at the end. I don't know about all that come on.
Speaker 1: Well, the beginning, the first thing he did was he wanted to put his hands in his own pockets. He was joking around from the beginning of this match. They announced the Outcast versus Sheeta Britten Hater for next week. There's a lot of matches they're announcing for TV that I figured to be pay per view match. We only got three weeks for the pay per view.
Speaker 2: You got a big announcement going on, gonna be a big week.
Speaker 1: I mean this one, that's what I thought was gonna be a pay per view match. And then they also announced Jay White and Ricky Starks for TV. I thought that was gonna be a pay per view match. Christian and Luchisaurus came out and I talked a lot about this last night. I'll talk more about it tonight, but I think that Christian inadvertently said something he didn't mean to say and felt really really bad about it. You think he did this on purpose?
Speaker 2: Well, I think yeah, because and I don't think he stuttered like you said if nobody knows what we're talking about on Wrestling Observer Radio when Brian was talking about this with Dave, Yeah, you made it sound like he kind of hesitated and then went on and did his promo and kind of stumbled through it. I was watching it today. I didn't see that at all.
Speaker 1: Now I did say stumbled through it. I said he rushed through it.
Speaker 2: He rushed through it, and that he rushed off. I don't think he seemed thrown off at all. And I think with the way that that crowd was nuclear on top of him, I think in hindsight you probably would have said it differently. But he seemed to know what he was talking about. He went right into talking about Brock being invisible right now and Wardlow being there. I just think it probably didn't dawn on him and maybe on the people he was talking to, if Arn wasn't directly involved with exactly what he was going to say in this promo, that oh yeah, you know, Arn lost his other son not all that long Ago. I honestly don't think that played into his mind at all, and I don't think it affected him.
Speaker 1: We had a Darby Ellen video package and a Jay and Julia Hart No holds barred Julia Hart won. They tried to do a super blex on a chairs but they missed the chairs. But then, you know, you know how wrestling is. When you put a submission on someone on chairs, it's much worse this. Julia Heart's got something, dude, I'm telling.
Speaker 2: You they both do. And they also shouldn't be in these types of stupid matches. We've already had both of them get hurt, you know, doing spots with tables and chairs and off of it. Just it's kind of ridiculous. They have a lot of use to both of them. They are there again, they are the type of pillars that you don't push all the time, but they're right there. They have got to be a lot safer with doing these things and just having superfluous crazy matches with these two women just because you can stupid.
Speaker 1: Then we had uh Orange Bendido and the best Friends doing a promo and Uh, I could tell you something funny there, but I only got time. On another day I'll do it best Friends in Bandido versus the House of Black for the trio's titles. So man, I can talk an hour about this one here tonight. I mean, I'll just talk about it tonight, right AVI show everybody at Wrestingobserver dot com. You know, I'm trying to sell subscriptions. But also I could spend a long time on this cliff note, and you don't have time the cliff note. Yes, they're already spoofing the rules, and at the end of the day, it's like, why did we even have If you watch the match, what was even the point of having all of those rules? They just had a match.
Speaker 2: Don't put sparkly things on the big board either, if you're doing a spooky match.
Speaker 1: House a Black one Jungle Boy Today promo. He doesn't like any of these guys, but he's expecting a spectacular match.
Speaker 2: He's from Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then the main event was Kenny o'megan John Moxley cage match, and this was great and they brawl outside first, young Bucks come out to even the odds. They finally get in the cage and then it's just puncture wound after puncture wound with a barbed wired chair. There's blood everywhere, there's broken glass. They're absolutely killing each other. And finally Kenny goes for the V trigger and breaks the entire side of the cage down. And dude, I don't know, like you know how any surgeries this guy had over the last year, and a lot of them were his his groin, remember, Yeah, Well, he happened to do it a V trigger and the cage falls down and he got stuck between the ring and the cage, and I thought it was gonna be like Rumpel steel skin, just straight up through the middle to the top of his head, torn in half. I don't know how he did not tear every muscle in his body, break his leg, whatever.
Speaker 2: But Moxley coming out.
Speaker 1: Throws him back into the ring and h and ends up with Omega going for the one winged Angel after almost killing himself, he hits it on the glass. No can't escape, Dad, horrible Don kellis hit pera hideous bastard jabbed Kenny with the screwdriver turned on him. If you thought the pop on TV the gasp, you should see the unedited footage from Fancams. They went nuts, Moxley covered and pinned him.
Speaker 2: Seditious and plicitous Don Callous second a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 1: Back in the show. Brian Elbarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike SPPERBB also Wrestling Observer dot Com. Trying to remember if There's ever been a bigger shocked reaction that I've heard on an aw show then Callous turning on Kenny Omega because people were screaming. They were screaming when this happened, and there's a you can see videos on Twitter of you know, fan cams and the crowd is just it's completely nuts. So he has turned on Kenny, and we shall see where this goes with Takeshta because Takesha is such a beloved character to this audience and don't think like he's not gonna be with Kenny Omega. So either either Kenny is going to be uh clouding his judgment and he's still kind of like a babyface character, or they're turning him heel, which will be uh, it'll be interesting the great take. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Shall oh my god, oh no. Don Callus is the worst of the worst, and he made one of the worst comparisons in the world when he compared himself and Kenny Omega to Bobby the Brain Heenan and the great Nick Bockwinkle. I can only imagine him fancying himself now as a Gary Hart, somebody devious like that, another bald headed genius, although Don Callus is no bald headed genius. Takeshta be warrier of anything that man says. You saw what he did to Kenny or.
Speaker 1: At a time, Everybody, I got a lot to say about both these shows tonight, Bryan I any show only for subscribers at Wrestling of his dot com or video dot for online dot com. Lots and lots of notes on Dynamite and NXT. So check it out tonight, either via podcast or live at nine Pacific midnight Eastern. And that's it, everybody. We'll talk to you again after a while. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network