Speaker 1: First day to follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Greg is on the phone today for our first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by Taylor. So in a few minutes we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Greg, how long has it been since you heard from Taylor.
Speaker 3: It's been over a week now, Okay.
Speaker 1: Have you been trying to get hold of her?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I sent her a couple of text messages. I even reached out this morning and I sent her a good morning text message with a picture of a sunrise and got nothing in return.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not even for a sunrise. O. Man, I sure want to call this person back, heart.
Speaker 3: I mean, I want to know what's going on.
Speaker 1: You know, sure, we'll tell us about the date. How did it go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we we went hiking, right. She picked out this really beautiful killer spot that had this really incredible view. It was really beautiful. It was a nice hike. We reached to the top and you know, we had been talking throughout the hike and I thought, Hey, this is a perfect moment for you know, a little nomass, right. So, you know, we get to the top, we're looking at the beautiful view, and I made a joke that, hey, if we fell off this mountain right now, at least we go out with a view. I was pretty fun and she laughed. But then things got kind of quiet after that. We did kiss after that though, when we were on top of the mountain, and so in my mind, I was like, all right, well, you know, at least it's still a win. It was a kind of a dark humor joke.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 3: You know, I thought, hey, it's still it's still a win. We kissed. The thing about her is that she's got this very like don't mess with me vibe, you know, and I dig that. I love a strong woman. It's really great for me. Again, the hiking was awesome, but then she, you know, she cracked a joke about how she doesn't kiss on first date, and I thought she was I thought she was kidding, But you know, we did kiss. She kind of laughed at my joke, and I, you know, I thought, hey, we do went on a really great hike. I thought it was a really good time. So, like, I don't know, like she just hasn't talked to me since then. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Well, when she got quiet after you made that joke, what do you think was going through her head?
Speaker 3: I don't want to like make assumptions, but you know I can assume. You know, it's a situation where it's like, hey, it's the first day. It's kind of a dark humor joke. Maybe she she's not super in a dark humor, or maybe she thought something differently. You know, For me, I was just like, look, this is a beautiful view. Like if we fell off right now, you know, at least we'd go out seeing a beautiful view. For me, it was just a silly, dumb dark joke.
Speaker 1: Wasn't to be.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's alone on a cliff with a guy that she first met.
Speaker 1: If I could see how maybe now, well I could see why she would kiss you too, Like, well, if that's going to happen, it's over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like she kissed me, so you know, I thought, all right, it was a dark joke. She got kind of quiet, but we did kiss. So like in my book, that's a win.
Speaker 1: Okay, girls will kiss a guy out of just pure survival.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hoping it wasn't out of fear and survival. I was hoping she was. I mean again, I thought we were digging each other. I thought it was something I don't know, we were flirting. It was a great height in my mind. I thought it was something good. But she hasn't talked to me since then, and so I'm now I'm wondering, like, was my joke too far? Did she take it too seriously? What did she kiss me at a survival? As you said? I hope?
Speaker 2: But was there anything else that you can think of that would be a reason for her to ghost you other than impending doom?
Speaker 3: I would? I guess may? I mean, I'm thinking about it. I mean I might have over shared a little bit too much.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: For a first date, I talked about this meme page that I run on the internet. It's it's a niche page. So I sent her one after the date, and in my opinion, my humble opinion, it was one of my best. She didn't react. He didn't say anything back. She didn't nothing. No, not even like a alike on the Apple, you know what I mean, Like how I message you can like it or heart It didn't do any of that either.
Speaker 1: Was it about dat again?
Speaker 3: It was just a meme about like cat.
Speaker 1: Is that the page you run? Is it all cat memes?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no no no. It's a bunch of different memes and a bunch of different things. But that was just the joke that I happen to send her because again, we made a couple of cat jokes as we were walking up. I'm a dog person personally myself, so you know, she said that she likes dogs and she likes cats, so I figured, hey, this would be a kind of a funny meme to keep the jokes going.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Then we'll play a song come Back, and then call her and see if she's tell us why she's ghosting you, and maybe get you another day if you still want one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I would love one, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, plays song come Back Get your first Day follow up right after this, in the middle of today's first date follow up if you're just joining us, Greg is on the phone and Greg is getting ghosted by Taylor. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Greg, why don't you kind of recap your date for us before we call her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went hiking last week. It was a really great time. I made a joke about it. If we fell to our death, at least we'd have a great view. But you and so I thought it was really great. I send her a meme of a cat cat meme after our hike. She didn't react to it. I sent her a couple more messages, including one this morning, and she still has not said anything back to me or responded or anything has been she's.
Speaker 1: Ghosting as are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: Him.
Speaker 1: I speak to Taylor please, Yeah Taylor, Hey Taylor? How are you? This is the Jubile Show. It's a radio show.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hi am Nina.
Speaker 4: Hi, I am.
Speaker 1: Victoria and my name is Jubell. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm okay? Is this a joke?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Why is the radio show calling me?
Speaker 1: It's not a joke. Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool. Have you ever heard a first date follow up before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Great, Well we got an email about you from somebody. The first they follow up was where if you go on a date with somebody and they ghost you, you can email us to get that person on the phone and find out why you're getting ghosted. So we got an email about you from somebody. Do you know who would email us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's gotta be Greg, right.
Speaker 1: Yes it is Greg. You said that so confident? Why are you ghosting Greg?
Speaker 4: Honestly, he's a lot, like I'll give him this. He was funny at first, but then I don't know, it just felt.
Speaker 5: Like everything turned into a meme or some joke. He doesn't really know when to stop and turn it off, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just on all the time. Do you feel like that was nerves? It's like, really who he is?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I get the sense, like to an extent, that's who he is. And so like that's why it felt like a lot.
Speaker 4: Like if it came off as nerves, like it would be one thing, you know what I mean, But because it was, it was just constant, and I did get the sense it was his personality. It was a lot to take in. And I don't get me wrong, Like the hike was fun, but after the kiss, like he just tried to make it this.
Speaker 5: Whole comedy routine and I am truly all for humor, but it just didn't feel genuine, you know, like because it felt like he was on.
Speaker 1: What do you mean he made it feel like a comedy routine. Was it funny?
Speaker 5: Yeah, aspects of it were funny. It was like just kind of making cracks about everything, and like if there was a crack about like, you know, the view that we had was absolutely stunning, and he sort of like made a joke about like, you know, if we fell and this was how our lives ended essentially, like at least we'd have a good view for it.
Speaker 4: And that was a lot. And then and then it was just there was a.
Speaker 5: Lot a lot to talk about memes Like I can't really adequately express that.
Speaker 4: I don't think he Yeah, like kind of.
Speaker 5: Felt like he was obsessing over them, and I just don't think that's like a match for me.
Speaker 1: Like were they memes that he created himself or like regurgitating memes that he read?
Speaker 5: Like I think it was him too, because he would kind of like see something on the hike and trying to figure out what kind of meme it could make, Like we'd see like this stunning tree and it would be like, oh, well, what funny joke can I make with that? You know?
Speaker 4: It was just it was a lot instead.
Speaker 5: Of just kind of enjoying what was around us, it was like he was trying to figure out how he could, you know, get recognition somehow out of it.
Speaker 4: And then there was like this one point where we were trying to like take a left, but there are these two rocks that was sort of like.
Speaker 5: Locking that path, and he just sort of made a joke about how like, oh would it makes just such a great meme about you know, two rocks don't.
Speaker 4: Make a right you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: He's really trying that's funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then he was just cracking up over it, and I just heard was sitting there kind of giving pity.
Speaker 4: Left because you know, what else are you supposed to do?
Speaker 1: So he really didn't talk about much. It was just like meme after.
Speaker 4: Meme pretty much. It was it was a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thank you for telling us why you're ghosting him. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Greg does too, because he's actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, he is, yes, okay, Greg, Oh boy, I mean.
Speaker 6: Come on, but you like that is a funny joke, Like objectively speaking like that is a hilarious king, that's a funny jokes.
Speaker 5: Greg is just like you're a stand up comedy, so that never ends, and so it just it gets to be a lot like I don't know when you're being real or if you're just stetting up for a punchline.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's just me. I'm a funny Like, I'm a funny guy, right, and I thought we were having a good time, right, And also, just for the record for everyone listening, like my meme page is hilarious.
Speaker 4: Like and I don't doubt that the meme page is great.
Speaker 5: It's but like in real life, I don't need running commentary on everything around me twenty four to seven, Like, I want someone I can actually connect with. And when someone's just like making commentary, it sort of feels like they're in their own world but not really like present with me.
Speaker 3: Oh so you like boring dude. I make a lot of jokes. I people love my jokes. You just want to be with some boring guy that well it doesn't make comments about anything. Come on like that, I'm hilarious. Hey, I'm Steven, I do taxes. I wear a tweet jacket when I go to work, and I don't make about anything.
Speaker 4: No, I don't like boring guys. I don't want ton who's cracking jokes twenty for seven.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I ideally would like a happy medium somewhere in between.
Speaker 4: There would be great.
Speaker 1: Half boring, how funny?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm I'm all funny. I don't have a boring Our first date with us going hiking, Okay, Like, I'm not boring, and I'm not gonna sit there and just make half attempted jokes. I'm a funny guy. I like to make jokes. I might to last. We get one life and we should be laughing the entire time through it and not connecting with what. I don't even understand what like laughing is the best way to connect with people. So I don't know what You're even find your accountant or them.
Speaker 2: Well, Taylor, would you like to go on another day with Greg? Will pay for it.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the offer, but now, like, truly, Greg's a nice guy, but he's just not what I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Well, you know that's that's fine by me. I after hearing why you're ghosting me, which, by the way, like ghosting somebody and not being honest with them. That's pretty kind of messed up on your end, and I find that pretty boring myself, like talk to people, all right, So yeah, that's fine that you don't want another date. I don't have time to talk about tax codes or about accounting, number learning nonsense. Hey can I do an impression real quick?
Speaker 1: For sure? Greg?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm Taylor. I went on a date and I didn't laugh once. But you know what, I saved a bunch of money in my car Assurance
Speaker 1: Would first date ball