Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He is Talking Cowboys, screaming live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at.
Speaker 2: The Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Streaks six segments, Got Tisi, he paints.
Speaker 1: The touchdown, and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It is a playoff edition of Say with Your Chest for Friday here on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. Not only are we saying it with your Chest, but we're seizing everything into the.
Speaker 2: Wild Card Round at and T Stadium.
Speaker 6: It's the Cowboys and the Packers three point thirty on Sunday. We've got Isaiah Standback, We've got Nick Harris the Great, Josh Rodriguez in the building, and Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomen's. Gentlemen, it's almost here. It feels like the longest week of the year, just waiting and waiting and waiting to finally see this match.
Speaker 7: I was just about to say that this feels like the longest week ever. Just maybe it's because I didn't cover the game last week. So it's been it's gonna be like two weeks since I've been at one. But man, this feels like it feels like it should be game time already. But a couple more days we'll be there.
Speaker 2: You're coming off a bye week. You should be wreshsted, refreshed.
Speaker 8: Cat kind of a bye week.
Speaker 7: It's like it was like it was like a Thursday night game, like the Mini by Yeah, I'm coming off of Mini.
Speaker 2: Bi Okay playoff time.
Speaker 6: It feels like the intensity and the buildings ramped up. Everybody is just locked in. I mean from the players to the coaches, to the sport staff to the I don't know writers.
Speaker 2: You've had a down weigh. I'm just kidding. Well, he didn't get to do film room. They they said no film room this week. They said we don't want to give away secrets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they definitely took That's how good of a week he's had is that they said, we're not trying to give Remember a couple of years ago, I was finding I was finding stuff in film m George it was George Kittle in twenty one, and now they took my film room away from me.
Speaker 2: That's what that That's what I'm talking about, so good for you.
Speaker 6: Yes, the analysts are also locked in. It's all good staff members in the building.
Speaker 9: I'm still going to prepare whether or not they want me to put it on a film or not.
Speaker 2: Unprepared, securities locked in. Did you find anything film room kickoff hits that is? That would be funny?
Speaker 9: Dude, that was crazy. I'm talking about a couple of years ago. Yeah, there's there's things that we couldn't talk about on air.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had to share it with the individuals across the building and it worked.
Speaker 2: It worked out.
Speaker 10: Great, like LV being a defensive end on certain No, no.
Speaker 2: It wasn't our This was the tell. It was a tell about an opponent.
Speaker 9: Baby found it on the film. Yeah, and we went to go do a segment in the h in the studio, they were like, no, can't talk about that.
Speaker 2: I was like, I love how like everybody.
Speaker 9: On the air, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It came down from.
Speaker 6: Above though, Yeah, could depend on whoever's listening.
Speaker 2: Fascinating, Yeah, fascinating. It's happened more than once. That was the that was the biggest one.
Speaker 6: He was he was talking about a tell with George Kittle. When you knew he was going to be in run block or past block. He did the same thing pre snap. I can't remember what the tell was, and he was like like it was automatic. He got to the point where he was like, all right, just to make sure I'm not crazy, I'm going to tell you what the tel is and then call it.
Speaker 2: And I did it on five.
Speaker 6: Straight plays and it was right, five straight plays, Like it was pretty obvious, and so they ran.
Speaker 2: Across the Sure could he use that in week five? It wasn't important. I think I think George might have might have figured it out by now.
Speaker 8: Did you have a tell on the undershirt he had in week five.
Speaker 2: That did not see that one happening.
Speaker 6: I hope that they play in the NFC title game and somebody scores on the Cowboys side like a like a game winning touchdown and they're they're gonna run away with it and they're going to the super Bowl, that somebody lifts up the shirt and it says blank san fran just to reverse it.
Speaker 8: It's like a twenty grand reversal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true, it's not.
Speaker 8: It's mine. You should do it.
Speaker 2: No, I think I'm all right. Post game, you guys did it with the hats too. First word, did you guys tell the people what it is at the stadium this weekend?
Speaker 9: Oh it's white out, it is.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, we're white to the stadium on white on white Sunday.
Speaker 9: White Air Force ones. Don't wear black ones.
Speaker 2: Oh, wear the white ones.
Speaker 9: I like this, White air Force ones. White dont white white blazers Jordan's. I don't have Jordans.
Speaker 2: You know this? You do? I have?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: You've got some?
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm breaking out the fours?
Speaker 2: Hey, white draws?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, all right, white draws the way down.
Speaker 2: Dare you wear white draws? This is the week to break them out.
Speaker 9: Okay, you go get you some fruit looms there, yep, the fruits baby.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, the all white whites.
Speaker 7: Two things white. I will never wear underwearing socks. Why is that just it's just you don't trust yourself to wear white.
Speaker 8: I'm just not wearing one.
Speaker 2: Do you not trust yourself to wear white draws?
Speaker 8: I'm just not wearing white.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you.
Speaker 8: I could get like a dirt stain on it, and people think.
Speaker 2: It's why would you have a dirt saint on your underwear? Exactly exactly? Are you almost commands to happen.
Speaker 8: Things happen.
Speaker 6: Maybe he's playing, he's doing cart will No, okay, white.
Speaker 8: Socks are crisp, though I don't understand the socks.
Speaker 2: The socks.
Speaker 8: They just look nerdy, that's all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just dir Why why I used to make fun of people with white socks?
Speaker 8: I can't wear white?
Speaker 2: What is the last year you wore white draws?
Speaker 8: Last year?
Speaker 2: The last year that you put on a pair of white draws?
Speaker 7: Probably when I wore diapers when I was like two, can't I don't know, a couple of years ago, two years ago approximately, you're bold.
Speaker 2: Probably high school, I can sir, like early high school. I haven't purchased white draws in a very long time.
Speaker 10: He's probably the talking cowboys haters.
Speaker 2: We're probably go after him. And why aren't they talking talking.
Speaker 6: Talking white out on Sunday bring the energy. It was funny yesterday, uh uh. Our producer Kay and Gates actually asked the question to Dak. He was asking about the fans definitely.
Speaker 2: Under the bus like that, But.
Speaker 6: He asked Dak Prescott the question of like how much do the fans play a factor? And are you excited to be in at and t stadium for playoff atmosphere, and he didn't even let the question finish, but he cut off Kayden and he goes blank, Yeah, like yeah, like that was that was his his answer.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 6: I mean, you could tell it was genuine, like he's he's pumped to be at home and be at at and T Stadium.
Speaker 9: But I'm gonna make a request for the fans.
Speaker 6: For the fans, you guys know how everybody gets really excited, right, and they wait for the guys to break the huddle. When the opposing team is coming to the line of screamers, they start getting loud. My request for the fans that are listening. Okay, I know everybody in Cowboy and then she's listening to Talking Cowboy Best podcast, but start making noise when they come from the sideline into the huddle. Fact, when guys are in the huddle, that's when you want to be loud because that's when you're trying to communicate exactly what the play is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, there might be not just the adjustments at the line.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like the plays already called at the line of scripts. Now they might change it, right, but the play, the initial play was already called and they're at the line of scrim is ready to run that they can go on silent count. The biggest impact this is a little insight from the players perspective. The biggest impact the crowd can have on players, Okay, outside of the offensive linement on snap counts, is going to be when you're trying to communicate as a quarterback to your team in the huddle what the play call is. So if you make a bunch of noise when you're when those guys are huddled up and they can't hear that, it's like playing a bad game of telephone.
Speaker 2: You guys been able to old school game.
Speaker 9: Tell ye yeah, Now you start in one end, you tell somebody about the time it gets down to the end, Like it's totally something different. That's what it's like when you're trying to communicate to those those ten other guys in the huddle what the play call is. You're trying to cover your ears and you're trying to hear your coach talking to those speakers in your helmet. For people who forget what's going on there, coaches talking in your helmet giving you the play call. You're trying to hear that and it sounds like freaking morse cold already. So the louder you get, the harder it is to interpret that. And then he has to turn the quarterback communicate that to the other ten guys.
Speaker 7: You know what always like leaves me questioned at the end of the day, like why don't stadiums put like an instructional video like on jumbo trons or everything, like like, hey, get loud at these moments or is that like against NFL rules because it just feels like too easy to like be like hey, like let's do it at this time, like you said, or let's do it at that time, and then when the offense is on the field, please just shut up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, or like pulling an Arthur blank and just have like a war like as soon as they get in the.
Speaker 2: Huddle, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: You know what, the crowd's gonna be pleasantly surprised. There's gonna be some surprises on the big board this week to get people turned up a little bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta plug on that.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's me shirtless on the mid.
Speaker 9: Pregnantly We're gonna come in there a hot looking at everybody's eyes.
Speaker 2: You turn away, you turn away.
Speaker 11: Yeah, those everybody in the crowds looking at the at the jumbo tron like what the hell is this? And there's one guy in the press box with his shirt off, and it's I worked.
Speaker 8: It worked my last day at the job. You had on white stay fie for the rest of the game and like a half shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness. I like the instructional side of things, though, because take them it's a white out to a whole new level. That's a white out. All right, it's the middle of January. Guess whe it's okay. Back on topic, Back on topic.
Speaker 12: The So I was gonna ask you this specifically, So I feel like in college stadiums it's pretty common to have loud crowds consistently to where.
Speaker 6: When you when you are communicating in a huddle like that and you are having that conversation, it's upended to a certain extent. My first thought had just since we're in Texas Kyle Field, they are allowed.
Speaker 2: All the time, all the way through they are.
Speaker 6: I mean, is there too, Like I get it, But my first thought is because they're doing the yells and whatever the silly stuff they're doing.
Speaker 2: Down in college station.
Speaker 6: But when you're in the NFL, is there a specific NFL stadium that's loud the entire time?
Speaker 2: Seattle that's the one that's bill.
Speaker 9: I mean, I know you're going to say that, but no, but seriously, there's I haven't never been in a stadium that's louder in the Seattle.
Speaker 2: Not even an Arrowhead Kensas City is loud, but it was not that.
Speaker 9: You gotta remember, I was on the team when Marshawn broke the big run, so like that literally registered on the under Richter skill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's it gets pretty stupid in there. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The thing about college stadiums that there's so much rich tradition that like that just carries over so easily year after year a year. NFL it's really tough because the fans are being replaced every year.
Speaker 9: So it's like it's Organ was the loudest in college Oregon, Organ was the loudest.
Speaker 2: Washington. Washington gets stupid as.
Speaker 8: Well, but Oregon it's like top three.
Speaker 9: Yeah it is, but when you're the opponent, Oregon sucks.
Speaker 10: Ls US insane college has like an unfair advantage because they have uh tubas marching.
Speaker 2: Bands, like they have marching that.
Speaker 8: Is who does.
Speaker 2: Again, dude, like that is just a loud word to begin with. Where is this again? In college? In college?
Speaker 7: In college, I thought there was like an NFL stadium that had twas like around the It was like.
Speaker 2: I'm booking my ticket right now. I was like, well, I mean Vikings. I guess they have like the goal.
Speaker 8: The Ravens have a marching band, don't they did it?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 8: Don't the Ravens have a band? I'm pretty sure they do.
Speaker 2: I think is it a drum line? Is it a full band? The Commanders?
Speaker 13: But if you have tubas they never played, if if you got the brass section helping out your your I don't know how that is.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: Mike from New York is texting, and on the line he said, please talk about the Cowboy.
Speaker 2: He said, my cousin and I will be at the game, and I can't wait. I'm so excited.
Speaker 6: Let's go Cowboys with six exclamation marks, and then he says, I'll get our stadium pumped.
Speaker 2: But I can do it.
Speaker 8: Mike can do it. If anybody can do it, it's Mike.
Speaker 2: Find us and say, Hi, I need That's what I need to happen.
Speaker 6: I need Mike to come say hi to the Talking Cowboys crews. He's like an honorary member of Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into some news and notes. Yeah, from from yesterday's practice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we'll dive into this really quick.
Speaker 7: As far as the injury report, that's where we always start, so we'll start today. There are three big notes to come on off of it, and they're all three positive. So for the Cowboys at least, we can start off with Stefan Gilmour. If you remember from the show yesterday that the plan was to get him on the practice field by Saturday. They were going to rehab him Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and then put that harness on and see how he can operate with it on Saturday and then make a determination for Sunday.
Speaker 8: But there was still confidence.
Speaker 7: He got on the field yesterday, so he was limited yesterday put that harness on. Mike McCarthy spoke on one O five through the fan this morning and said that he was comfortable playing with the harness and that he expects him to be ready to.
Speaker 8: Go on Sunday.
Speaker 7: So obviously it's a limiting injury, but he it looks like he's gonna be able to play and getting back on the field yesterday was very, very big. Two other big notes come from the Green Bay Packer side, So jay R Alexander, their star corner who's kind of battled some injury and battled some suspensions as well this season, or just one. He was downgraded to did not practice yesterday with a shoulder and angle injury. He was limited on Wednesday, but did not practice yesterday, so that's definitely something to keep an eye on. And then as well as they're starting left guard Elkton Jenkins, I cannot say that first name knee ankle injury, did not practice yesterday. He was downgraded from being limited to get on Wednesday. And then also Aj Dillon continues to not practice, their second running back in the running back room. So yeah, quite a bit of big injuries for the Green Bay Packers. If their left guard cannot go, with a big time rushing presence in their backfield, cannot go in Aj Dillon, or if jay R Alexander can't.
Speaker 8: Go, all three of those are big.
Speaker 7: We'll talk about Jaira a little bit more in the next segment as well, but all of those are positive notes for the Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Which one is the greatest impact you think Fan Gilmore, No, no, no.
Speaker 7: I would probably say left guard because you look at you look at Jonathan Hankins and what he's been able to do in the running game since when when he's in the E equation, if they have a backup left guard man, that'll that'll be able to help stop Aaron Jones.
Speaker 8: A little bit more.
Speaker 7: And that kind of goes into my next point. Can I talk about rush defense really quick? Go ahead and jump right into this next point that I want to make. So I've talked to a lot of guys in in the locker room yesterday and I was kind of going with the intention of finding what their approach is with rush defense this week, because you look at what Aaron Jones has put together this season, and he's had over half of his yards in the last three weeks. Granted he's battled injury, but three hundred and fifty eight yards in the final three games leads the NFL. We've talked about that this week, so talking to Jonathan Hankins, to Marcus Lawrence, Micah Parsons that they're taking that challenge very seriously going into this week, especially when you consider what Aaron Jones has done against the Cowboys in his three career games. I believe he's averaging around one hundred and twenty five yards whenever he's playing the Cowboys. So yeah, it's another green Bay Packers playoff matchup, and it's another Errand that's coming into town looking to wreak some havocs. So but it looks like the approach is being taken correctly by the defensive unit and.
Speaker 8: They're taking this very seriously.
Speaker 7: I think this is the biggest offensive weapon that Green Bay could have on on Sunday.
Speaker 8: It's the only thing that would give me bubble guts if I was on the defensive staff.
Speaker 6: I was looking at these numbers just talking about the run defense, specifically with Jonathan Hankins in the fold, the Cowboys are eleven and three. They've allowed seventeen points per game and have allowed one hundred and two rushing yards per game. That's weeks one through fourteen, and then week eighteen without Jonathan Hankins, the Cowboys are one and two. They've allowed twenty four points per game and one hundred and sixty one rushing yards per game. And that was the three weeks between weeks fifteen through.
Speaker 2: Seven that's just a Quinkidane Kyle, is it you think so? I think not.
Speaker 6: I think this is I think Jonathan Hankins is the missing cog to that inside, that interior to the defensive line. And I like the physicality that they upticked from the Buffalo game. Even though it wasn't always perfect against Miami, against Detroit and then even a little bit at times against Washington. I liked the there was a there was a considerable effort to be physical in the run game and in stopping the run. That's something that we didn't even have our hat to hang on early in the season. And it's something that I think is an improvement from this team. And with Jenkins being added to that PHYSI I'm so much more confident in the run defense than I would have been early in the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And Green Bay they use a variety of gap schemes and polers, and Hankins does such such a good job of just overwhelming those from the snap and his get off is great in those instances.
Speaker 8: It's a really big addition to have him.
Speaker 10: I was gonna say, even Mike has been better at the at the at run defense edge. Yeah, better than he's been all season, more so the last three games. And I think we had this discussion earlier in the year. It's like, who would be your best you know, your number one run defender would be DeMarcus Lawrence or would it be Jonathan Hankins. And I think all of us were on DeMarcus Lawrence and then you were fighting for Jonathan Hankins earlier in the season. I think you've been proven right for the most part, but they've stepped.
Speaker 2: Up since then.
Speaker 8: You don't have to tell them that it's okay, please don't make it.
Speaker 2: No, Law is absolutely goom.
Speaker 6: He's been a huge, incredible He's been absolutely you don't want to be missing either of them.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 9: But like I think, just from a fan's perspective, I hope that they acknowledge the impact that d Lass had on his defense this year. And a lot of times you think about defensive in their presence in terms of rushing to the quarterback. D Law's presidence has been primarily felt against the run, and he has been very disruptive. And when I say disruptive, I mean, like to your point, the reason why you know when d Law and Hankins I'll save them in conjunction with each other. When those guys are both president on the field, teams really can't pull. They really can't pull because these guys are able to push the offense lineman back into the backfield or simply just penetrate and get to the backfield and get one or two yards deep. And now they disrupt the blocking scheme of those guys that are trying to pull and wrap around guys and get up to the next level. Those guys are knocking guys back. We saw a couple weeks ago when d Law took three guys out on one play. Those guys were trying to pull guards and centers and all that stuff, and he just simply just disrupted it. Right, So a lot of those players are timing plays. A lot of those plays.
Speaker 6: Require you to hold, you know, kind of the defensive player to kind of stay in one spot for maybe half a second just so you can get the leverage you need. And both of those guys don't allow for that.
Speaker 9: So when you play with those two guys on the defensive front together, you really have to turn your running game to just simply just downhill.
Speaker 6: I have a name in mind when I asked this question, but I'm curious to see where you guys go with it. But if Jonathan Hankins and DeMarcus Lawrence are run defenders importance number one and number two on your defense, who's.
Speaker 2: Number three Clark? Okay?
Speaker 6: Also, I was thinking, I mean he would Damon could be three if he was clean and would make would be.
Speaker 9: Much But he'll be a much better player next year. I love Damon. I love his size, I love his preparation. He has to learn this offseason how to keep offensive lineman's hands off of him.
Speaker 7: I wasn't saying like third most talented. I passed importance, but I meant talent importance. I was thinking, who needs to be that three guy? But yeah, if it was like if.
Speaker 6: That's the case, If if we're talking about importance, I think I would agree with you. You need dimone Clark to be that guy because then you have the interior cover, the outside cover than you have the back the second level cover.
Speaker 2: But if we're talking about right now, who's the third best run on your team? Lewis Osa been really good.
Speaker 8: Mollie Hooker as well as a really good run defender on this team.
Speaker 10: I think he's graded as the best run I think he's graded best against the run as last quarnerback.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 9: J Lou has been a dog in terms of like in general, oh my goodness, like, his impact from that position group has been tremendous against the run. There there would be substantially so many more big runs if it hadn't been for jay Lou's willingness. We've talked about the willingness from the cornerback positions hasn't always been there.
Speaker 2: Jay Lou has stepped up in a major way.
Speaker 9: That's I think Gilmore has been somewhat willing majority of time. But I don't consider Gilmore to be a big physical guy unless you call him especially this okay, unless unless you call him old right Trayvon Diggs. We know in his pass and then obviously in the games this year he was more Uh, he was more physical force in the interception early in a year prior to his injury. Then Jay Lou has really taken that upon his shoulders to be that enforcer from the cornerback room. Now from the secondary necessarily, but from that cornerback room you need to have an impact, especially if you can get that out of your nickel, because that's the next man up. Who has an opportunity to come out and make a play once you get outside of the tackle box.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jordan Lewis, you want to go ahead? No, No, Jordan Lewis is the second highest graded cornerback when it comes to rush defense in the entire NFL.
Speaker 8: Deron Blaine is.
Speaker 2: Tied for fourth.
Speaker 6: But Dron shown a willingness absolutely, absolutely, Yeah, I think both of those guys have. I mean there were times when that was a main criticism of Trayvon Diggs if he did not have the willingness to come up, and then after the criticism hit, there were some times where he would show it.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, that's not what he's doing.
Speaker 9: But he started out prior to his injury. He started out this year being physical, help completely, you know. I mean the first interception run back for a touchdown for Dron Bank was because of the Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sitting in two corner, came up and made a big hit.
Speaker 10: I want to say he had a tackle for lost in that Jets game too, like he was he was balling.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I really can't wait for us to have like it's going to be one of those where we have a weekly showed in the off season, and we're going to spend like an entire Wednesday episode talking about this cornerback situation on what the hell they're going to do this offseason.
Speaker 8: Because it's it's such a decision. It's such a decision.
Speaker 2: If they really wanted to, they can make some decisions.
Speaker 6: They could draft somebody at thirty two and then we can kind of go from there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things. Yeah, thirty two, thank you.
Speaker 7: That means we would have to yeah, oh, trade up, trade back, out, back out of the all right, anything else news and notes before we take.
Speaker 2: A first break.
Speaker 7: I did want to dive into this really really fast. Michael Parsons was asked yesterday about the potential of Dan Quinn taking another job and just you know, kind of the impact he's had on his career. They came into Dallas at the very same time back in twenty twenty one, and Parsons obviously was really, you know, I don't know, respect paid his respects towards Dy that like he's dying towards dan Quinn, and uh, he said, that's like my og for real. He means a lot to me, not only because it's just about football, we were talking today and I said, you're just such a great mentor. I think he does a great job of finding ways for you to love the game and finding ways to go around the game. And then he kind of joked later on and like his little spiel and he was like, who knows, he might take me with him, and everybody's like ha ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: Everybody's throwing things.
Speaker 7: It was a joke though, and I think people saw the quote on Twitter too, and gosh, the freak out sessions were.
Speaker 2: There, and I knew it would have happened.
Speaker 7: I knew what would happened, and it was it was kind of funny to see a team personnel in the corner whenever he said that, they were just.
Speaker 9: Like, I have another bubble gus when we come back from Great soon.
Speaker 6: As as soon as Mike has said that, like Will McClay, Stephen Jones, and Jerry Jones all appeared in the hallway like it was like a cloud of dust, and then they were there, have some more bubble.
Speaker 2: Guts when we come back.
Speaker 6: Now, why you gotta do that going into break It's not the teas I want to talk about.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Louis Baggs, I promise last thing. Okay, So Dak said in his walk off yesterday that he's been buying like a ton of Louis bags, and specifically the ones that have the l V logos all over them. Y'all know what I'm talking about if you are Louis fans out there, because he wants it to be a reminder that Las Vegas is the goal.
Speaker 8: I thought that was kind of interesting, so.
Speaker 7: An excuse for I said, uh, I said, slight flex but kind of a calculated one, you know.
Speaker 2: But it is cool.
Speaker 7: Hey man, whatever you want to justify your spinning habits, will I am?
Speaker 9: Okayise just a Luise Yeah, I have a Louise Boltron.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The only time I've seen that logos whenever Isaiah brings it into pregame.
Speaker 9: Right, all right.
Speaker 2: I actually did just get a gift though. My best friend bought me one for Christmas. Dang, you got some good friends.
Speaker 8: Who was it, Tom Brady?
Speaker 9: No, Thomas is not.
Speaker 2: My Bill Belichick.
Speaker 9: Bill, that's my guy, Bill. Shout out to Bill, Shout out to Bill.
Speaker 6: All Right, Bill, when we come back here on talking cowboys, it's time to talk some key matchups.
Speaker 2: Plus, I don't know what.
Speaker 6: Isaiah is talking about with these bubble guts, but I will hear about it when we come back.
Speaker 16: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat pellant he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatible planing device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash by g for you for details.
Speaker 15: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot Com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com.
Speaker 2: To fuel up.
Speaker 6: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, we've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the ten.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheering on the boys, and now he's on his phone on.
Speaker 6: His Bank of America Mobile Banking app, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 4: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com. Slash can't Stop Banking Everica.
Speaker 2: It's only available in the English language.
Speaker 6: You must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on so like mobile devices.
Speaker 2: Message dad rais apply remember fdic.
Speaker 17: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would.
Speaker 6: You, Dear doctor?
Speaker 2: My friend supported me during a tough time. But what's the right gift that says thanks for.
Speaker 15: Being the shoulder to cry out?
Speaker 17: Okay, this one's easy. I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 3: To talking Cowboys, I was presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, a super trusted super food. Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Did you get him in? Josh? I saw you, saw you got a witness.
Speaker 8: I also think that's right, double time baby.
Speaker 2: Nick Harris, No, no, don't worry. I had some pop tarts this morning.
Speaker 6: I had them toasted the show supposed to be Did.
Speaker 9: You see the flavor? Did you see the segment from social media? All the guys responding to it. Yeah, we got zero credit.
Speaker 10: No credit for that, zero credit, even though we brought it up here first sor right.
Speaker 9: I met your mat made a pit stop in an office up there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I saw you do it.
Speaker 6: So I'm saying, hey, keep it to ourselves. Before we get to Isaiah's bubble guts. Got some text messages from the two or seven to zero. As a fan from Colorado, he traveled from Colorado to the Lions game. The crowd has some moments of getting quiet, so he challenges the fans. He says, we all need to have no voice after this game is over and make as much noise as possible throughout the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, big time in your face.
Speaker 6: Abe and Las Vegas says, I have two cheeseheads here at work. They're already chirping.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you've got, the chirp about a game hasn't even started yet.
Speaker 6: I have a really good feeling that we will get the dub is.
Speaker 2: That's from Abe and Las Vegas.
Speaker 6: You know what, Abe here, If your friends are spending every day listening to talking Packers or whatever they have on their show, that's.
Speaker 2: One thing I do know. Abe listens every single day. Appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, keep going, Abe, keep doing your thing. Then Dean from Green Bays, a Cowboys fan in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 6: This is an interesting way, he said. Lots of Packers fans may not be able to get to Dallas. They have a blizzard rolling through right now. Lots of flights have already been canceled go cawb oh unfortunate.
Speaker 8: Darn, you're telling me God the Cowboys fan, that's.
Speaker 6: Why they built a hole in the roof in Texas Stadium.
Speaker 2: God can watch his favorite team play.
Speaker 8: For about that.
Speaker 2: That's the closed it up we're getting. When we watch the boards outside, he can watch it the roof. And we feel like, you got.
Speaker 10: We have America's team already, but how obnoxious it would be if we went with God's team.
Speaker 2: God's team?
Speaker 9: All right, all right, okay, real quick, the bubblis okay, so GB, I know we had some some conversations in regards with d Q right and and we obviously just brought it up in regards to Micah and hearing some the the the tones in Micah's voice leads me gives me even more anyway affirmation. But we know that Seattle and New England are both very strategic organizations when it comes to decision making. We knew that, knowing like coach Belichick is not stepping aside unless the decisions already made for who's taking his place. We know that probably about Seattle as well. New England went ahead and made their decision what a.
Speaker 6: Day after Okay, they already announced who they're who they who they're going with. Okay and rot Mayo shout out to my old teammate. Seattle has not announced who their next guy is. Does that give you guys any worry.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm accepting that dan Quinn is going to Yeah, okay, just make sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, that's already take that job open. I was like, Okay, he's gone.
Speaker 6: I've already taken the alcus Seltzer's, I've taken the tablets, like my bubble guts have settled down, because yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Think, I think so, it's not even really that like the bubble guts have been released like it's no.
Speaker 8: It's yeah, damage has been had.
Speaker 6: We're just.
Speaker 8: I feel like I don't know anything. I don't I'm not going to say anything, but I feel like he's not a confirmation should be gone.
Speaker 2: I bring that up because these these these.
Speaker 9: Organizations are very very precise on how they move, right, and you know that that.
Speaker 2: The next man is next man up.
Speaker 9: If you haven't going to release one of your amazing coaches been there for years or stepped aside part.
Speaker 2: Of ways, okay, and don't release you.
Speaker 6: You hold it in, you clinch Okay, well you clinched the division. Damn.
Speaker 9: New England obviously went ahead and announced because they had no reason to to hesitate. Yeah, they knew were Seattle. We know they're just as strategic as New England is. They have not announced. So does that give you bubble guts? We just answered that obviously.
Speaker 10: Does it give you bubble guts? I, like you said, I think it's all but confirmed.
Speaker 8: It's it's yeah, you just accept it, move on and again.
Speaker 6: This is just this is just our speculation, This is our feelings, This is what our heart says.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're we're in the building. We get some insight on We don't have that much and we don't have this inside. I guarantee you I don't matter that much, none of us do. All Right, key matchups, Yeah, let's do it. Least it's your key matchups list.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well it's we're about to We're about to release it. We're gonna start off with Ceedee Lamb versus Gyr Alexander.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 7: We spoke earlier about how ji R Alexander did not practice yesterday, so he might not play, but it's a playoff game.
Speaker 8: I expect him to play.
Speaker 7: Ceedee Lamb the last time that he played the Green Bay Packers up in Lambeau last year. While it was that overtime loss, he had eleven receptions for one hundred and fifty yards and two touchdowns. Kind of reminiscent of the stat line he had in the loss against the Eagles earlier this season, but didn't line up against Ji R Alexander too much in that game. But something I want to point out here is that, and shout out to Mina Kimes from ESPN from throwing this on Twitter yesterday, the Packers are the worst team in the NFL in defending slants and Ceedee Lamb that's where he gets his bread and butter. That's where he gets his work. I think you might see a lot of outside work from Ceedee Lamb this week. You know, some weeks you want to see him in the slot and work out of that. We saw that against the Lions quite a bit as well. We saw that against Yeah it was the Lions where he had the big game, but I think here you might see him working on the outside and trying to get across the middle of the field and really having that free range to be able to do that. Jyr Alexander again, kind of a weird year, but if you look at the year he had last year, really physical, really sticky in coverage. I mean, he doesn't do anything exceptional, but he does a lot of things good. And he talks exceptionally, that's for sure, and his big hat that's pretty exceptional as well. But yeah, I think if he can kind of get back to what he is, what he has been, at least at his top four, then it's still a matchup that should should cause concern.
Speaker 6: Six targets, four receptions on twelve snaps against Alexander whenever they were matched up one on one according to the next Gen stats, twenty.
Speaker 2: Three yards and one touchdown.
Speaker 6: So even with the four receptions twenty three yards one touchdown against Alexander, that was just a fraction of the eleven for one and two touchdowns that he had against Green Bay last that last year with Alexander.
Speaker 2: I know you had talked about it a little bit yesterday with a playoff matchup, and as much as that that guy really does talk, he is he likes to get in the head of his as a gift of gap.
Speaker 6: Do you expect him to play his best game of the year if he does, indeed, go and.
Speaker 9: I expect everybody to play their best game. It's the playoffs, Yeah, it's you learn a lot about players during the playoffs.
Speaker 6: There's there's certain players that elevate more than a correct when absolutely off time comes around.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would expect him to. I would expect it. As a cornerback. Cornerbacks have a certain swag about them, right, a certain confidence that they have to exude as as cornerbacks in this league, a geat's toughest job in the in the it is whether they're talking, whether they're verbal, or whether it's internal. Right, like a Deron Bland right, either two opposite of opposing polar opposites. Right, you have Deron Bland, who's going to be like the quiet confidence, and then you have JayR Alexander who's gonna talk it right.
Speaker 6: Both of those guys are fully confident in their abilities. But no matter what, you have to show up, especially when.
Speaker 9: You're going against a number one receiver, When you're going to the number one receiver in the league, based upon what the stats show, you have to bring your a game. And if you don't bring your A game, you're gonna be exposed because you best believe that that cd Lam's gonna get at least ten targets. So you're gonna have opportunities to show whether or not you're elevating your game or whether you're backing down. And we're gonna hopefully we get to see that matchup.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 7: Second matchup that we're going to dive into here is Terrence Steele versus Rashawn Gary. So Rashawn Gary is the leading SAT getter for the Green Bay Packers this year. He's got nine of them. He's active in run defense as well. There's quite a bit of things that he can do off that edge, and he's more of a guy that like he's an edge rusher, but you don't think of him as an edge rusher because he always comes inside whenever he's creating creating havoc. Something interesting about Rashaun Gary and this is just kind of like an ode to my previous job working and recruiting. There are only five recruits in the history of ever well since two thousand when recovered when internet recruiting became a thing. Five that scored a perfect one scale on the recruiting scale. So that basically means that twenty four to seven. Sports Rivals and ESPN all ranked them as the number one recruit in their class.
Speaker 8: It's only happened five times.
Speaker 7: Rashaun Gary is one of them, so I'm curious if you guys have any guesses for her. The other four are by chance Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 8: H no, but he was. He's very close, very close. How do you have years?
Speaker 7: Uh, twenty eleven, twenty thirteen, two thousand and two, two thousand and three, Vic nah, nah, I can go ahead and go down them really quick for Jadeveon Clowney, Robert Nickomdici, Vince Young, and Ernie Simms. So, and then Rashaun Gary is in that list as well. My year Vince was. He definitely was Houston Madison. But they're talking about this matchup specifically, going to.
Speaker 2: Say, isa stand Back, Yeah, no, yeah you would have. You're in that Trevor Lawrence category.
Speaker 6: Yeah maybe I don't know, Yeah you were, Yeah, I was around there.
Speaker 2: Really nice. That's that look up, Isaiah stand Back recruiting.
Speaker 8: I think from what I remember, you were higher on Rivals than anything. So shout us my last job, you know, if we did it right anyway?
Speaker 7: A Terrence Steele Obviously, he's had some up and down moments at times. I think on this back half of the season, he's really starting to play some.
Speaker 8: Of his best ball.
Speaker 7: Uh and it's it's gonna be an interesting matchup going against for Seawan Gary. I think the number one thing that I'm looking forward to it's not pass blocking in this in this matchup for me, it's run blocking because I think there's an opportunity for this running game to have a big game on Sunday.
Speaker 8: I really do.
Speaker 7: And if if they can keep ra Shauan Gary out of the equation, then that obviously helps them a lot more.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think we mentioned this on Wednesday obviously, but Gary doesn't bother me as much as kuay Walker bothers me like that. I don't like that matchup. I don't like kuay Walker versus Tony Poller in blocking. Yeah, and you're going to see that matchup that gives me bubble gup.
Speaker 10: As good as Tony Poler has been in the past blocking like past Pro pickup.
Speaker 9: Past Pro pick up. And that's not talking about the willingness of Tony Pollard. He has been amazing in that back terms. He stepped up in a major way, but Quay has a size, athleticism, the agility, the I mean, he's he's he's a dude. He's a dude, and that's that's they're blitzing. That's their blitzer. Dude, He's dead, dude.
Speaker 2: Isaiah was the number seven dual threat quarterback. He was a four star recruit and number one in the state of Washington.
Speaker 17: Wad uh the only We had a lot of guys that year.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and two.
Speaker 6: Top top dual threat quarterback recruits Vince Young, Marcus Vick, Michael Vick, James Banks, James Gavin Marcus vi is his brother, Marcus Vick. I know, but yeah, I was just making the joke because he went to Virginia Tech. Two Gavin, Dicky Tyler, paulco Lester Ricard.
Speaker 2: And I don't know where those guys are. That's that they're not relevant anymore. Baby, have a Super Bowl. You were a Troy Smith though, who went to Ohio State, and I.
Speaker 6: Came out with Troy, came out with Marcus Russell, Canon, Brady Quinn. I mean we were deep quarterback that year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's fun.
Speaker 2: John No, I'm done, John Beck. I don't Trent Edwards.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there was a lot of quarterbacks that year. Wow, Jared Sabranski, I'm polish.
Speaker 6: Alex Smith, I remember when Bratdy Coleen you were away above Alex Smith.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now he's just the guy on color commentating for like a random Neon SEC game.
Speaker 8: It's like Missouri Vanderbilt.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's some like protein drink commercial that we always used to make fun of it.
Speaker 8: No, I'm done, I don't remember that.
Speaker 7: Really a quick final matchup that I'll dive into and then we can make this kind of brief. The only thing that kind of sticks out to me about this is that Doron Bland versus Christian Watson. Both of these guys came into the league at the same time. Both of these guys have had some success since they've come into the lead. Chrisian Watson's battled entry a little bit this year. But I really love looking at young guys going up against each other, especially if they're in the same draft class, because I don't know, for me, if I'm a receiver, if I'm a corner, or if I'm whatever, and I'm going up against another guy that is in my same draft class, that I probably saw during the draft process.
Speaker 8: I want to beat that guy.
Speaker 7: And you think back to what happened at Lambeau last year, and it was Christian Watson's coming out party. Had those three touchdowns, had one on Dron Bland that kind of made him look silly. So I'm sure deron Bland. He's an even keeled guy. You're never going to get any emotion out of him, but there's got to be something deep down inside of him. It's like, you know what, I want to get Christian Watson back. So that's going to be a matchup I'm looking forward to on Sunday.
Speaker 6: I like that, do you think he could kind of do you think there's any added confidence based off of what he did against the Cowboys last.
Speaker 8: Year Christian Watson?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, and that that kind of plays into it as well.
Speaker 10: So just being able to limit Christian Watson. I need them to shut him down this.
Speaker 2: Week, to shut down.
Speaker 10: I cannot stand Christian Watts. I mean after that game, like that was just ridiculous.
Speaker 6: He did absolutely nothing going into that game and it went off for three tudies.
Speaker 10: But he's not like entirely healthy, is he.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's been battling injury most of the year, but he's playing, so he'll be ready to go.
Speaker 2: He'll be ready to roll. All right.
Speaker 6: We're ready to roll into our not final, but our final full pick him segment going into the regular season.
Speaker 2: Give us a call if you want to represent the fans.
Speaker 6: This week eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We've got a new second place holder in the Pickham standings this week. So eight eight eight eight come beck eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Isaiah Standback is not in the second place holder this week. When we come back with more talking Cowboys right after.
Speaker 18: This, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and.
Speaker 2: Off the field.
Speaker 18: Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 15: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever. Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffee's roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Rifle Coffee dot com to join the coffee Club today.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 16: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 14: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It is the final Pickham segments of all six games.
Speaker 2: And this segment is brought.
Speaker 6: To you by and Vizilne, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. You know who's smiling this week, Nick Harris, who went perfect six and oh in his week away from Talking Cowboys work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you got.
Speaker 8: I was out scouting other teams.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were trying to back up. John went five and one. Josh also win five and one, both or I went four and two, and then both Isaiah and the fans went three and three. Damn even Stephen Baby, even Steve, even Stevens still solid two games. All my efforts on studying the Cowboys. Yeah, that's really what's happening.
Speaker 2: I feel it.
Speaker 7: Even though if we had to take like the Cowboy games specifically, I think I'm still like leading that one.
Speaker 6: But uh, Nick is fourteen and three for the Cowboys. I am fourteen and three for the Cowboys. John is fourteen and three for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: And then uh, Isaiah's twelve and five, and then the fans second five I missed, and then Josh was Josh is eight and three when picking the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, that's not great.
Speaker 8: How many games am I behind you overall?
Speaker 2: Three? So it's me sixty seven wins with sixty four?
Speaker 6: Uh, then it is John John and the fans that are five games back at sixty two wins. Isaiah, dude, you're have to get caught by Josh and that's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be hilarious. Catchup. Yeah, come on going.
Speaker 6: Isaiah has fifty two wins and Josh, who's only been here for eleven weeks, has forty two wins, he's ten games back of if Isaiah right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, that's awesome.
Speaker 8: We would lose a lot.
Speaker 6: Again again, I want to just point out that Josh is forty two and eighteen in picking these games. This is insane, Like that's that's an all time Cowboys run.
Speaker 2: He would be far and away the.
Speaker 6: Best if if he was here for It's almost like you guys are like the greatest winning minimum number of tims, Like you know, it'd be like completely no, like you would have the Johnny you have the.
Speaker 9: Greatest winning percent everybody on the show, come back.
Speaker 2: Player of the Year, come back player, the rookie of the Year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, here we go six games to pick this week, and they're all the playoff matchups.
Speaker 2: Let's start in the.
Speaker 6: AFC Buffalo hosting Pittsburgh. We were looking at a shot in the break and it's just an unbelievably snowed in Buffalo Bills Stadium currently.
Speaker 2: I mean, does that play a factor at all?
Speaker 8: Or you absolutely?
Speaker 7: I mean there's like a foot of snow on the ground. They're expecting sixty five mile per hour wind gusts during the game.
Speaker 8: So yeah, that's that's sirs.
Speaker 7: What Isaiah played high school in Gosh. I'm taking the bills, though they're used to those conditions. I think their running games is a little bit better too, So give me the bills.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, I forgot, we got we got a phone caller here, Gary in New Mexico.
Speaker 2: What's up Gary?
Speaker 19: Hey, guys, how y'all doing?
Speaker 2: What's up? Gary? Good to have you back?
Speaker 19: Hey real quick? I called in a few weeks ago. I accidentally hung up on y'all guys at the end, I wasn't trying to be rude, and my wife said to make sure I apologize.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that, good man. All good, Gary.
Speaker 8: We appreciate you, I say, it's been so much ruder to us at times.
Speaker 2: He didn't even want to want to call in last week. That was there.
Speaker 6: He didn't want to call in Gary in New Mexico. You know how this goes. We're starting with the Bills and the Steelers.
Speaker 2: You got.
Speaker 19: I gotta go with Buffalo at home, all right.
Speaker 6: I'm going with the Bills as well, Isaiah, Yeah, Bills, give me the Buffalo. Josh Allens fighting, Josh Allen's all right. This one also going to be very very cold. Kansas City expected to be negative five degrees around kickoff, hosting the Miami Dolphins, who are zero to ten in their last ten games where the temperature has been under forty degrees.
Speaker 2: Isaiah, who you got? Haang it?
Speaker 6: I gotta I want to say Miami in the defense, man, they're beat up defensively in Miami.
Speaker 2: Come back to me.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is Panther's trying to win a game. Like you're gonna get the first pick, don't worry.
Speaker 2: I can't pick against my homes like I got to go with Casey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kansas City and the playoffs and Miami's not used to the gold and they're banged up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me Kansas City.
Speaker 7: I'm taking Kansas City. If this game was like kind of normal conditions, I'm taking Miami. But I'm I think and if they were healthy, they are missing a lot. I'm takingsas Miami.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think Josh m daniels do it either way, Josh McDaniels, or might about you know, talking about I just want.
Speaker 9: To Josh Thomas is on my mind. Okay, yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was hot on your heels and he's affecting you. Gary, Who you.
Speaker 19: Got, man? This one's a tough one, because neither team is playing really good. But I go with the home team. You can't pick against Mahomes, so we'll go with Kansas.
Speaker 2: City Arrowhead'll be ready for that. It'll be a good one. This one's a little bit tougher. Houston hosting Cleveland.
Speaker 6: The Texans sneaking in winning the AFC Division.
Speaker 2: They went in that AFC South, and then you've got.
Speaker 6: Cleveland and joe Flacco, possible comeback player of the year, Josh, I'll start with you.
Speaker 2: There is no way Texans have a chance to win this game. Oh, this is the.
Speaker 10: Joey Flacco comeback playoff win, his single one.
Speaker 2: This will be the Browns for sure.
Speaker 6: Give me Cleveland too. I think that defense is so good. Yeah, I like C J. Shroud, I like what the Texans are doing. I just think Cleveland has one of the best defenses in the NFL that nobody's talking about.
Speaker 2: Facts. Yeah, it's Houston, like.
Speaker 6: And it's Houston. I picked against Houston last week. Give me the Keebler's gotta key blar else.
Speaker 7: So this game happened on Christmas Eve in Houston. It was a thirty six to twenty two win for the Browns, but c J. Stroud did not play in that game.
Speaker 6: C J.
Speaker 8: Stroud's a difference.
Speaker 2: Give me the Texans. Ooh good, pick what you thinking, Gary Man.
Speaker 19: I live in New Mexico, but I was born and raised in Texas. So my heart is pulling for the Houston Texans. Okay, that's a great story. But Cleveland's defense is too good. I gotta go with Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Oh he pulled a Lee corso there when like, you know what, Houston.
Speaker 5: It's a great story, got everything going in the right direction, got some people that I'm cheering for.
Speaker 2: My heart is there, but not so fast. My friend with the I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, doesn't matter, yeah, CJ.
Speaker 2: Shroud. All right, Philadelphia at Tampa Bay.
Speaker 6: Can the Eagles right the wrongs of losing five of their last six and just completely dismantling.
Speaker 2: Them their chances down the stretch?
Speaker 6: Thanks Philadelphia to beat Tampa Bay on the road on Monday Night football.
Speaker 7: Nick, I'll start with you, Gosh, this one's weird, because, like I've said this week, Philadelphia can turn it on or they could fall flat on their face in Tampa Bay and get the coach fight. I'm gonna say Philadelphia here, but man, I'm not confident in it.
Speaker 19: Okay, carry is a J Brown gonna play?
Speaker 2: It's a question I would I would expect him.
Speaker 19: To play, all right, Man, I can't I can't stand Philadelphia. But can they really go and lose to Tampa Bay. I mean, they can't do that. They're just more talented. I gotta go with the Eagle.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 6: As much as I would want to just pick Tampa Bay and raise the Pirate flag.
Speaker 2: For a week, I just think Philadelphia is a better team. Tampa Bay won a bad division. Give me, give me the Eagles. Cheesesteak, cheese steak.
Speaker 10: I've won a lot of games picking picking these games, and in every one of those, I've gone with my boy to Baker Mayfie. Let me continue to ride with my boy, Baker Mayfield. I'm picking the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And I just love that Philadelphia has to wait until Monday.
Speaker 2: To lose in the first round of the playoffs. I love that this one's gonna be a fun one. Does our coach get fired? I hope, so, you know what. I don't don't hope, so I don't I don't think he's I hope he stays there forever.
Speaker 8: They just going to rehall that entire defensive staff.
Speaker 2: That's a different conversation.
Speaker 6: Los Angeles and the Rams on the road against the Detroit Lions. First ever playoff game at ford Field, and it does include at first for Ford Field has been around for a while and they have not hosted a playoff game there.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 6: And Matthew Stafford is a part of it. But he's not wearing the Lions uniform. He's wearing a Rams payback.
Speaker 2: How about that Rams at Lions? Who you got?
Speaker 9: I think a Lion is more powerful than the Rams.
Speaker 2: So I'm going with the Lions. Wait what? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think out in the Why going with the Lions?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, why is the surprised ky? I don't know. I just was. I was curious.
Speaker 6: Keep going, come back to me, come back to you, Okay, Josh, I'll go first.
Speaker 2: Give me the Rams to upset the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 6: I think they've I don't know they've They're the hottest team in football.
Speaker 2: If I had to pick a team that.
Speaker 6: I wanted to avoid in the first round, it was the Rams and the running game and the defense. And Matthew Stafford's been playing hot Pooka Nakua, Cooper Cup.
Speaker 2: I like their weapons.
Speaker 6: I like the fact that they've been in the playoffs before and they've had some excitement, they've had some ups and downs.
Speaker 2: Give me the Rams to beat the Lions on the road.
Speaker 10: I think the Lions are going to dismantle Matthew Stafford in a big, bad way.
Speaker 2: Give me the Lions.
Speaker 7: Oh, man, this is an opportunity where I can catch one from Kyle.
Speaker 8: But I think I'm going to take the Rams. I've been saying it all week.
Speaker 7: I think they're the hottest team in the NFC, and I'm going to stick to that.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 19: I think Sean McVeigh will out coach Dan Campbell. Give me the Los Angeles Rams.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fun match. It's not the Sean McVay too.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 6: First, yeah, nobody he had a chance this year, like in the beginning, and I remember him having an interview in the beginning in training camp. He's like, nobody, nobody thinks we could do anything this year, but we got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a dog.
Speaker 6: He's done a really good job there. That game is after the best game of the week. Dallas Cowboys at AT and T Stadium. It is a wide out for Cowboys Nation against the Green Bay Packers three thirty Central Time on Sunday, Gary, who you got in this one?
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 2: Man? Here we go.
Speaker 19: Dallas has a top five offense, the top five defense, the top five special teams, the only team in the playoffs to have that. They got the second best quarterback, the best receiver of the league's leading interceptor. We got seven Pro Bowlers, five first team All pros. Not gonna be here we go again. Like Jimmy Johnson used to say, this year is different. It starts with Green Bay. Give me Dallas forty one, green Bay seventeen.
Speaker 6: They click that straight firedlane land in the playoffs. Gary in New Mexico, laying it down, Gary, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you as always.
Speaker 19: All right, thank y'all. Man, y'all have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, you too. I'm fired up. I'm ready. That was perfect.
Speaker 10: Yeah, as Cowboys, they're gonna kill him.
Speaker 2: What's the score? Let me do forty twenty.
Speaker 6: Forty twenty, okay, forty two seventeen Cowboys forty two to seventeen. So you're right there with with Gary. I don't think it'll be a forty burger. I do think they'll put up some points. Give me Cowboys thirty seven to twenty one. I think they'll three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah. I think they'll score a couple of times.
Speaker 7: I think this is the perfect matchup for the Cowboys on paper. The only thing that I worry about, as I mentioned earlier, is a rush defense. Can they stop the run? I think they're gonna have success with the run. I think Aaron Jones goes for one hundred yards. But I think the Cowboys offense is going to be hot from the word go Give me the Cowboys thirty eight twenty four.
Speaker 9: Jordan Love gets hit in the chest one time and gets happy feet like little penguin.
Speaker 6: He hadn't done it this year, so that's true, he has not all Right, Two o'clock Central time, Cowboys pregame live at and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: What was that I was gonna?
Speaker 10: I didn't think that you picked?
Speaker 2: Oh I did? Yeah? You did? Yeah? Thirty seven? One? Uh yeah?
Speaker 6: Two pm Central time, Cowboys pregame live at at and T Stadium. Will be there on the sideline, Come say hi, come have something. These two will be in the press box. We'll be out in Arlington having some fun. It is wild Card weekend. Wear the white shirts, be loud, be proud, bring the energy Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 2: Make some noise in the huddle, like Isaiah. Make sure that Green.
Speaker 6: Bay knows whose house this is and that the Cowboys remain undefeated at home. We'll be back on Monday to break it down for you. No, we will be back on Tuesday to break it down for you. No shows on Mondays, right, Really, we're eating Caseo on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Man, that's great to know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no shows on Monday this MLK day, and then we've got Keeso on Twoay.
Speaker 2: What is drive safe this weekend? Two people?
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody, please be safe in the ice, in the weather and whatever.
Speaker 9: Look for the shiny ground your way. Look for the shiny ground there you go.
Speaker 20: For for Chris Beam, Isaiah standback, Josh Rodriguez, Nick Harris, John Machoda. Earlier in the week, I'm Kylie Goeleman saying so long from talking Cowboys Go. Cowboys take down the Packers in the Wildcard round.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.