Speaker 1: Welcome in What's Right with the Great episode four to eleven, a combo episode. We are going to be doing our pick show and our full wild Card weekend preview show. Uh, those are kind of one and the same. You're gonna get an idea of where I'm leaning on picks when we do the wild Card weekend preview and also something of a playoff preview and also demands perfect U outfit for you out. It's a weird term wardrobe maybe given that this is our first show, first sports show. I hope people checked out Thursday show, which was a far different type.
Speaker 2: Of show.
Speaker 1: Since John Harbaugh got fired, and we're gonna get to that. So I don't know if you're wearing that signal to the Ravens, like you know you're available.
Speaker 2: For I'm riding with them through everything. You know, I trust and believe they were on way up. I love it. It's a good listen.
Speaker 1: It's a really good franchise that we're gonna get to the Ravens piece. Shortly the we I did Tuesday show and I kept saying like, by the time you listen to this, I wonder if John Harball will have been fired And for a lot of people. I bet by the time they listened to it, John Harbaugh had been fired, but we'll get to that in a bit first. As always, this shows this episode what's right is presented to you by our great friends at boost Mobile, and straight to the voicemails brought to you by our great friends at boost Mobile. The Wizard's trade tray Young and it's not even gonna be a topic because he got traded for c J McCollum and Corey Kispert. And it is a real reminder Demond's of in this apron world where the empty calories, good stats, bad teams, guys what they're real the worst value is I mean no, and I listen, you know, I I know CJ. I like CJ, but he's obviously in a different you know, he's an older player at this point. Yeah, the salary was the important part. So this is really Trey Young for Corey Kispert. That's what that trade is. I ain't and again that's that's a little dismissive of c J McCollum. But something else. Jerry Jones says he's going to retire with the most Super Bowl rings. He has three. The most is six. This is a ridiculous, silly thing from an old man, and my college football playoff semi final prediction. I think we are getting Indiana Miami. I would like Ole Miss to win, but I just because I really would like it to really stick it to Lane Kiffin, But I think we're getting Indiana Miami. Reminder, everybody like rates of pbscribe review to the show and we are on the oh. By the way, I just you know what's funny, people are hearing this Friday, so they'll know who won Miami ole Miss. That will have already happened. We'll see if I'm right. This could be just dated already. But it's wild Guard weekend, my second favorite football weekend of the year. My favorite football weekend of the year's Divisional round weekend. Wild Guard weekends my second favorite. Let's get right into a pal.
Speaker 2: So the playoffs are officially here, Wildcard weekend coming up. A lot of the big dogs are missing out of the playoffs. So with that being said, in the teams that you see, what are some of the big storylines that you'll be following in this postseason?
Speaker 1: So top five storylines in order. I think I reserve the right to revise it. And I listen. I saw my friend Mina Chimes and Dominique Foxworth mocking this idea, but respectfully, they're wrong. The most interesting story about these these NFL playoffs are is this the year Josh Allen breaks through. I understand they're the sixth seed. I understand they are a flawed team with a bad run defense, but this is not Josh Allen on the Washington Generals. They have the rushing champ, they have an excellent pass defense, they have a great offensive line that there it would be. It's going to take greatness from Josh Allen to make it through on the road this playoff field, but it's doable. And I wonder I for Bills fans, forget for Josh. Would Bills fans rather have a better team, the best Bills team, whatever year you think that is, but have Mahomes and Burrow in the field, or a flawed team but have no Mahomes in Burrow. I think Bill's fans would say, give me the flawed team on the road without the bugeyman plus Joe Burrow sitting in the bracket, and I think the Bills can do it now. I also think the Jags are a very dangerous team. I said this on TV. I don't know if I said it on here, and you'll find you'll find out who I'm picking in this game later in the show. But I believe the winner of this game is going to win the AFC. I believe in both of these teams more than I believe in the top two seeds, the Patriots and the Broncos. So that is to me. Storyline number one is Can and Josh Allen breakthrough. That's the most interesting storyline. Storyline number two is will any of these year two quarterbacks go on a run? You have Caleb, you have Drake, you have bo Drake has the most well rounded team. Well, I don't know. The Broncos might be a more well rounded team than the Patriot. The Broncos let me, I take that back, because I actually part of the reason that I think the Patriots are better than the Broncos is because I think Drake is so much better than bow Knicks. But if you were to, if you take the quarterbacks off of it and evaluate the rosters, it's probably Broncos number one. The Bears are an interesting one because the offense is so good, but the defense of those three teams is the shakiest. But here's what I'm getting at, Demanse and listen, you know, I don't believe in bo Knicks, but it's the number one seed, and if he goes on a playoff run, I don't know what I'm gonna say. Yeah, we live in a world where Mahomes missed the playoffs and just tore his Aco Lamar missed the playoffs as coach, just got fired. Joe Burrow missed the playoffs for the third straight year. Okay, if one of these second year quarterbacks goes on a real run, wins multiple playoff games, shows up in the super Bowl, whomever it is, assuming again, and I don't even really want to include bon Nicks in this, but I have to be fair, assuming that it's not the two thousand Ravens way to the super Bowl, that the offense more than carries its weight, which obviously would have to happen with the Patriots or the Bears. Right, does that top of the NFL, not the very top, but the top ish of the NFL quarterback pyramid have to start to include one of these kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like the if Drake May and the Patriots make the Super Bowl. I already think Drake May is probably a top five quarterback. Then it becomes undeniable if Caleb puts it all together. God forbid, if bow Knicks wins two playoff games and makes like, so, which of these young quarterbacks are any of them gonna go on a run? And are any of these young quarterbacks bo at least has been to the playoffs going to have you know, those first playoff game jitters or first real expectations in the playoffs, you know, stumble That to me is the second biggest storyline. Go ahead. It seem like you want to say.
Speaker 2: Something No, I mean, but bo Nicks can there. I feel like you'd attribute it. You would attribute that to the defense carrying. I think it also depends on how they how they do on the run.
Speaker 1: Right, you gotta see how the game plays out. I think the third biggest storyline is and again I know that I'm quarterback centric in this, but because the storylines are typically third biggest storyline is what if Aaron Rodgers goes on a run? I don't I don't think it's likely, but after that game against Baltimore, I don't think it's.
Speaker 2: Impossible that where another super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the guy's got four MVPs. The guy as regular season wise, he's a top three quarterback of all time, and so I obviously winning a super Bowl puts him in a the It's a totally different world in a super Bowl. But I don't even if he just they break the the Steelers break their decade long playoff win drought, pull off some upsets, they show up in a conference championship game be unbelievable and so I and the Browns game was an abomination. But aside from that, he's been really good for the last five weeks. And he gets dk Metcalf.
Speaker 2: Back, So no DK insane.
Speaker 1: I know the and not having DK almost costs him the their season. I think the fourth biggest storyline is, and maybe this should have been bigger, is what if the Eagles repeat? Yeah, nobody under the radar. They've kind of been flying under the radar as a defending Super Bowl champion, and I think it's because they have seen flawed so flawed all year. But if they go back, like, if they go back to back, what that means for everyone involved on that team all of a sudden, Jalen Hurts is a no doubt Hall of Famer, the you know, the Howie Roseman and the Eagles. Maybe they got an argument that they, not the Chiefs, are the the prestige franchise. Well, I listen the Chiefs. The Chiefs have been to five Super Bowls in seven years now and one three. The Eagles would have been to three and four years one two. And then if we extend it back to Foles, it's hard to call that like part of this. It's a different coach, it's a different quarterback, but it would have been they've been. If they win this year that in nine years, Demons, they went to four super Bowls, won three. That's pretty unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's so hard to imagine them repeating give and other season.
Speaker 1: That's the thing I just don't. It doesn't seem possible. But maybe. But they're big favorites, relatively big favorites against the Niners in round one. No one would be shocked if they went on the road and beat Chicago in round two. And if Chicago loses in round one, then Philly would be home for round two, like there's a path there. And then number five is which of the two NFC West Juggernaut teams is able to in the playoffs look the way they did most of the regular season, which is like the best team in football for either of them, the Rams and the Seahawks. The Rams path is harder, but their quarterback is so much better. The Seahawks being at home, being rested, being healthy, with that defense in that crowd. Dude, I am not dismissing at all the very real possibility of the Seattle Seahawks winning the Super Bowl. I think that's Sam Darnold. The Seahawks can win the Super Bowl. I can't believe it. I think right now my pick would be Matt Stafford in the Rams, but I think Seahawks can do it. So those are my five biggest storylines. We'll get to hardballs firing in just a moment. I can spend a ton of time on it, but we haven't done it with Demons and on this show yet. But first, today's show is brought to you by O representing sponsor hard Rock, Bet, Floridas Sportsman, the official sportsbook partner your favorite Florida teams like the Jags, Buccaneers, Heat, Magic, and Panthers. Playoffs kickoff this weekend. If you've got the script, on how It's Gonna play out, build a same game parlay on hard Rock Bet and turn game day into payday. Or if you're more into hardwood than the grid iron, you can put up shots on the NBA and every night on hard Rock Bet, your home for hoops action all season long. You can even combine your football and basketball bets. If you got a playoff parlay, add an NBA bet or player prop to it and turn up the payout. And if you miss the start of the game, don't worry. Hard Rock Bet has live in game betting, so you're never too late to bet any football or hoops all season. Find a winner, grab player prop that you had circled, and bet live in just a few easy taps. Stelvin tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet. There's time. You get to get one hundred three dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but also an extra one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. The hard Rock Bet sportsbook GAP is the only legal sports book for whenever you're in Florida, and it's also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan. Coming soon to more states too. Plus. Hard Rock Bet offers new promos every single day, so whenever you're listening, just open the app and check out what you've got any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana. If you or someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem, Call one eight hundred Gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia. All right, demanse, let's get to harball before we get to some of the other games.
Speaker 2: All right, So, sadly, after eighteen seasons twelve postseason ofppearances in the Super Bowl Ring, the Ravens are a partner ways with John Harball. You everything would call this on Tuesday, But now that it's official, where are the Ravens going?
Speaker 1: So it's really interesting interviewing Brian Flores found that out today. I I would be really interested in Mike McDaniel just got fired and a lot of people are connecting Harball to the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Couldn't see him coaching.
Speaker 1: I couldn't see who coaching was.
Speaker 2: I couldn't see Harrorball coaching in Miami.
Speaker 1: Well, I think there's like a weird Steve I think I should know this. I think there's some Michigan connections Stephen Ross, but it doesn't matter. Like the I think it'd be hard to go from Lamar Jackson to.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: But they're not even gonna have TUA, Like, what are they gonna do?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Miami's in a tough spot. What's funny not funny. But what's interesting is I thought Mike McDaniel as the Ravens offensive coordinator was an awesome idea, Like Matt running game that he developed, except you have Lamar and Derrick Henry, like that would be you know, Mike McDaniel as it was like Matt Nagy's leaving the Chiefs. I know it's different systems and everything, but man, oh man, Mike McDaniel's the Chiefs offensive coordinator is something I'm super intrigued by, even though I think it's very unlikely. Now, maybe McDaniel thinks he's gonna step into a head coaching job. That would surprise me. I don't think he's gonna go right, but maybe he will. His record wasn't terrible. The team didn't quit at the end, and some people might be like, look at what he did with Tua. As far as the Ravens decision on firing Harball, I there was no decision, guys, the and I've done enough victory lapping on Twitter, so I don't need to. And it's not victory lapping about someone losing their job, to be clear, victory lapping on I told you guys all year there was a problem between Lamar and Harba, and you guys thought I was just I spun a wheel. People thought like, oh, Nick just decided today he's going to create this out of thin air as opposed to a paying close attention to the incredibly odd objective fact that they didn't communicate about how hurt he was and also having a little behind the scenes insights. So their ability to ensure Lamar was a raven for life and was a raven next year was going to be kneecapped had they kept Harba. So they didn't, So they move on. And even though tell me if this makes sense to you, to Monsey, the odds are the next coach of the Ravens is not nearly as good of a coach as John Harball, but that doesn't mean that coach won't be the one to get him over the hump. He might be a worse coach. But also like that they just need something new or better luck or whatever it is, and that it felt like you couldn't just run it back again with Harball, so I felt like the move needed to be made, even though I think Harball is an excellent coach that tracked to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely don't think the next coach that we would get will be better or as good as John Harball. I think it's gonna be pretty hard to find. Belichick wanted them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it sounds contradictory. There is the Belichick thing so interesting had he not had this embarrassment of a year in his co Jimmy, Yes, I really think so. And you wouldn't care that that he's old, that it's not long term, because it's like, no, we just need to get over the hum lamar For Harball, obviously, I think he could have his pick of jobs. If I'm John Harbaugh, I don't know that I want any of these jobs. I certainly because it was reported yesterday that he's going to wait a week before he starts taking interviews. I think that's smart because I'd be awful interested.
Speaker 2: In if.
Speaker 1: The Eagles, Bill's or Packers losing Round one to any of those teams, ownership decide we're gonna fire our coach to hire Harball. Now, on that note, I think Cincinnati should reach out to Harball's agent today and be like, if this job was open, would he take it? And if the answers yes, I'd fire Zach Taylor. Now that's not really Cincinnati's style. For Philadelphia, it might sound harsh, Sirianni is literally the defending Super Bowl champion, But Howie Roseman and Jeffrey Lourie have never cared about being harsh. They drafted Carson Wentz number two overall, gave him a huge contract, moved on from him. Doug Peterson won a Super Bowl with Nick Foles, then won a playoff game the next year with Nick Foles. They moved on from him. They moved like they will if they think they can get better, they will move on from somebody. And I think Harbaugh, who came like started coaching in Philly, I think that's really interesting there. Buffalo less interesting and he, Danny explained, I didn't quite follow it. He has some real like green Bay ties about like his who his agent is and green Bay. I don't totally follow. It doesn't matter, but it seemed like Lafloor. Midway through the season there was a little scuttle but about Lafleur not being quite as safe as people thought and how he hadn't gotten an extension. So if I'm horrible, I just want to wait and see do what does a job come open where the quarterback is set Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love or am I gonna have to roll the Jackson Dart Dice or Atlanta with Michael Pennix. Like, so that's that's what I think.
Speaker 2: Is those places if you went over there would be more likely to move off the quarterback though, right, Like it's like, Oh, he's obvious, it's not the coach that's the problem. It's the quarterback more likely. Oh, you have a little bit more control over who's coming in.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean I think John Hart all get whatever he wants because there's also not another great head coaching option out there. It's not like there's also Sean Payton and Jim Arbaugh waiting in the wings or Ben Johnson. You know that guy doesn't seem to exist this cycle. Now, let me say this about what this means. Pardon me, guess what this means for Lamar.
Speaker 2: Come come with it next year, dude.
Speaker 1: They have changed defensive coordinators multiple times since he's been there. Again, no culpability on his end for that, just stating effect. They've changed offensive coordinators multiple times and they're about to do it again. They've now changed head coaches. They brought in Derrick Henry, who has been nothing but dominant since he became a Raven. We can argue about how good these picks were, but since Lamar has been there, they have spent three first round picks on wide receivers. They perennially lead the league or near the top of the league in Pro bowlers on the roster. And now I believe, with reason to believe, he got what he wanted and he's getting a new head coach. Got to go be awesome now. And more than being awesome, you gotta be available. You want to know a shocking fact, Demons, In the last five years, Lamar Jackson and always injured brittle Joe Burrow have played the exact same amount of games. No, that's true. I'm not making that up.
Speaker 2: That is an insane stuy.
Speaker 1: In the last five years, Lamar Jackson has played seventy regular season games and four playoff games and Joe Burrow's played sixty seven regular season games and seven playoff games. To the tune of them both playing in the last five years seventy four games in the last five years, they both have played in the playoffs two years and either missed or not been healthy for the playoffs the other three years. For context on that, in the last five years, Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes have also played the exact same number of games ninety three, So nineteen games more more than a full season and a playoff run of more availability. And the Lamar stat is stunning, isn't it? Because we look at Burrow as injury always, I thought, right, and with Joe we also like and there very what do you call it, like significant injuries? You know what I mean? Like Joe Burrow, like, oh, he's out months with a turf toe. Oh, he's out the end of the season with the UCL Lamar. I couldn't when I didn't know that. When I was looking it up, I was just like, I'm curious.
Speaker 2: Well, you feel like with Lamar they are less crucial injuries than well.
Speaker 1: They're not. It hasn't been like needed surgery like Joe needed on both the right, but the it's stunning seventy four games each. So he's got to be available. He turned twenty nine yesterday. He's going to get the biggest contract in NFL history this offseason. It's got to go perform. And I'm not sitting here saying can't do it. But yeah, pretty big off season, Pretty big off season. All right, let's talk about some of the playoff games before we get to.
Speaker 2: Ours, so after your Chiefs got eliminated, you would need it. Immediately jumped onto the Buffalo bandwagon and said that they should win the super Bowl. But the problem is they play your Jags. They obviously have the prince that was promised on there, so you're in a little bit of debacle. You said that the winner of this game would go to the super Bowl. Do you care to explain that more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I just I I know that people think it's fastcile analysis. Just be like, Josh Allaen's best quarterback on the side of the bracket, so I'm picking him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But in the.
Speaker 1: NFL playoffs, if you have a superhero, this is my old Jared Goff thing that people got mad at. Do you remember that the superhero and the civilian that I called Jared Goff a civilian, Yes, a civilian when they're superheroes and bo Nicks, C J. Stroud, Aaron Rodgers at this point in his career, why oh are civilians? Doesn't mean they're not good, but it does mean I can't imagine those guys are just going to put the team on their back a sin to a higher plane. Justin Herbert, who I do not believe it has the traits of a guy who could do that. He is. He's never done it, he's never shown it to us. But if it were to happen, it wouldn't come out of nowhere, right Drake May, by the way, saying with Trevor, let me say that about Trevor now. Trevor at least has won a playoff game and played well in the playoffs. But Trevor, he has the traits of a guy who could be a superhero. Was a projected superhero coming out of school, hasn't quite hit yet. Drake May looks like a young superhero. It's like, oh, Drake May checks all the boxes, but it's his first time ever in the playoffs. Josh Allen is a legit superhero hero in the prime of his career, has played great in the playoffs. The other guys who are his caliber of guaranteed future first ballot Hall of Famers in their prime are not in the playoffs. Hard to pick against that team, however, and so I guess when I so if they win, I think the Jags are excellent, excellent, And if the Bills can go to Jacksonville and win, then they go to New England and win. They've already done it. Go to Denver and win, like they can beat all those teams. Jacksonville, on the other hand, has been the best team in the NFL, certainly the best team in the AFC for two months. And if they beat Buffalo, Do I think they can go to New England? Of course? Do I think in the AFC Championship game they could go to Denver? They just went to New England and dog, I'm to Denver and crushed them. Do I think that in round two if it happened to be this matchup, they could beat Pittsburgh or Houston. In Jacksonville, they already beat Houston and so I I just think those are I think the Bills are the scariest team because of Alan, and I think right now the Jags are the best team. And it's a brutal spot where I got to pick one of these two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to say who who do you actually want to win? Though? Like what? Jack? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want Trevor. Do you realize it would seem unfair if we went from since like first things first, and this podcast has been a thing, if the Super Bowls went from if it went Mahomes Mahomes missus a year, the borough year Mahomes Mahomes Mahomes AFC wise and in the year he's out. It's the guy that I'm the only national supporter of in Trevor Lawrence. Yea like that. It would it would just seem yeah, and so I would love it to be Trevor. NFL history tells us it should be Josh that this is this is his time now. But I will say this and the Ravens, I'm sure they didn't do it because of this stat or whatever, but the stat that I was telling you guys before the year, and hear what I'm saying here, because it's an interesting one. Every coach and quarterback combo that has ever won a Super Bowl together won their first super Bowl together within the first five years of being together. So like demons, do you follow what I'm saying there? You as an avatar for the audience like there is There has never been a coach quarterback combo that got over the hump and won a Super Bowl together that didn't get over the hump in their first five years. Now you might have won, you know, like Brady and Belichick also won one in year eighteen together, but you win. That was relevant this year for two combos Lamar and John har who've been together eight years, and Josh Allen and McDermott, who have been together eight years. I do not think McDermott's on the hot seat. However, losing in round one, even though they're the sixth seed and they're on the road, I think could put them on the hot seat. I also though, oh you think for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think how you feel, how the world feels. This is supposed to be their year. Everybody's gone, and then you lose in round one, not even getting there.
Speaker 1: And here's the other thing. You're losing round one to a team that, even though they're thirteen and four and have been bludgeting people, nobody respects. Yeah, like I respect the Jags, but nobody it had somehow they like, let's say they drew the Patriots and lost in round one. I canna be like many Drake may vrabel this team. They were better all year. The Jags are a tough one certainly, and so I don't know, I don't know. I find it so fascinating. I cannot wait for That is the game of the weekend to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're the easily All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's be actually hold on, are you thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro, designing the most powerful iPhone ever, but you're also thinking about all your traffic, all the traffic on your way to the store, transferring all your data. Good news. When you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your home or work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices. Purchase at boostmobile dot com. Terms do apply. All right, let's talk Philly for a minute before we get to our picks.
Speaker 2: Eagles are hosting the Niners this Sunday, and you know what everybody's going to be looking at. Can Philly's offense look normal? Can they play a decent game? Do you think that they'll be able to return to their Super Bowl self? As you said, it like a switch in the Niners game.
Speaker 1: So here's what I think is interesting. I think people forget what the Eagles offense looked like last postseason because it did not get rolling until the Conference championship game, and then it went into hyper drive. Conference Championship game, they scored fifty five points. The Super Bowl they scored forty. Round one against Green Bay Phillies scored twenty two points. Jalen threw for one hundred and thirty yards. Round two against the Rams, Jalen threw for one hundred and twenty eight yards. They scored eight points, which is really good. But if you remember that game is sixteen to fifteen entering the fourth quarter, and that the Eagles were settling for field goals, settling for field goal and then Saquon rips off the eighty yard or where he's slapping his helmet, but the passing game was not working, and then they had the really weird sequence at the end where the Rams almost ended up stealing it. And then come the Conference Championship game and Super Bowl. I mean they scored ninety five points of those two weeks, but even those two weeks, Jalen didn't throw for two point fifty in either of those games. Last year, the Eagles offense, when they we say it, got rolling. Jalen was very efficient. He took care of the ball. He had an unbelievable touchdown run in the RAM game. He you know, he crushed Washington with the tush pushes. That's when the member of the refs were like, we're gonna award a touchdown if you keep this shit up to Washington. But last year's Eagles playoff offense was Saquon being unreal. Jalen threw four in four games, seven hundred yard, seven hundred and twenty six yards. So it wasn't that all of a sudden the offense, the passing game started rolling. They were a dominant and they listen, they kicked the Chiefs assen the super I'm not taking anything away from them at all. The point I'm making is it wasn't okay, you know now we've got this playoff mode offense. It was the offense they've been all year. Saguon Barkley was freaking awesome. Jalen Hurts took care of the ball. That's the offense they were all year. That's the offense they were in the playoffs. If that trend of being the offense they were all year, there'll be that offense in the playoffs continues. They're in huge trouble because the offense they've been all year this year is terrible. Now they are drawing a bad defense. But I am I will admit I am a little nervous about the Eagles going on a run just because their fans are so obnoxious to me. But do you The Eagles have not scored more than twenty points against a playoff team since the Week three win against the Rams where they the blocked field goal returned for a touchdown. Since then, this is what they've scored against playoff teams. Seventeen against Denver, ten against the Packers, fifteen against the Bears, whose defense is not good, nineteen against the Chargers, twelve against the Bills. So I they're healthier, they have Lane Johnson back. I don't think that. I think that Eagles offense has been broken all year, and I don't believe Demonse it's going to all of a sudden. I don't think they can flip the switch. I also am curious in that game, and we'll get to it and picks in just a moment. Can the Niners offense be as prolific as they're gonna need to be against a defense that dominant? But it is time now for knicks picks, So Demanse, Oh, there it is, there's our friends bed. I was waiting for it. So in order to keep the five hundred or better streak alive, I think four of the five years on this pod, we've been five hundred or better. We needed to go three and two or better the final weekend. Let's go through it. Because we laid two and a half with Tampa. They won by two, so now we gotta go three and one down the stretch. Seattle minus one felt great the whole way. Raiders plus five and a half. I told you guys, my god, that Chiefs offense is just so bad. So now we just need one win in the late windows. Miami plus twelve felt dead pretty early. So it all came down to Pittsburgh against Baltimore, and you have I was rooting for Pittsburgh to win. Out right. That's great because I picked them. I know it makes you said, but I picked them, and I and I just the so I was rooting for it despite that. You should have seen how I reacted to Boswell's missed extra point. Because Boswell's miss missed extra point, I'm like, oh my god, plus three and a half is home. Like now, now there's no overtime there's no funny business. Now it's either gonna be a Raven's two point win or Pittsburgh. I'm sorry, a Raven's one point win or a Pittsburgh two point win. So we got it forty four, forty four and two. Nothing to write home about. You would have lost money on it because of the big but still going five hundred picking games is I'll call it difficult. I would like to do better. The only the only piece of our gambling show that was dominant. We'll get to it more in a moment was Demonse's teasers, which I am considering next year to Monsey putting real funds behind. Like I am, I'm I'm considering having a huge portion of my twenty twenty six football gambling portfolio b Demonse's teasers. I preciate you are. I mean, you really you can a great job that well, you did a great job. You It was just impressive. Yeah, we'll get We'll get to that in a moment. But now all lines are of course from hard Rock bet. But I'm told something that there's a twist this year.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, so we're gonna you're gonna be picking on all the games. But I'm gonna be going ahead to head with you in picking picking games as well. Where you you stepped over to the teaser landscape, I'm gonna step over to the pigs landscape.
Speaker 1: Okay, love it. And so I don't know where we agree or disagree, So why don't you. So you set up the you say the game, I'll say my pick, and then you say where you stand on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So first we got the Rams minus ten and a half at Carolina. You're taking the Rams there.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is a I believe a square play. The home favorite. Home dogs, big home dogs in the playoffs are always cover. The producers tell me there have only been nine home dogs in the playoffs since nineteen seventy of greater than four points, and they're one and eight. The road favorite is one and eight against the spread. I understand that, and ten and a half is a ton of points. I just believe Carolina is not only the worst team that made the playoffs. I don't think they're a good team. I think that there were five or six teams that missed the playoffs that right now this week I think are better than Carolina. Yea, And the fact that the Rams played them and lost to them. Will give the Rams just enough appropriate fear to know. It doesn't matter that we're double digit favorites. We have to take care of business. I will swallow this huge number and lay the ten and a half with the Rams.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts done, I'm taking I'm taking Carolina there. I knew you would. I'm yeah, no, I'm I trust Carolina. And that's It's a lot of points.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Yeah, I was gonna say, you just like the points. It's totally fine. It's a lot of points.
Speaker 2: So that's that's why I am there. I mean, all right, next one, the next one, you got Chicago plus one versus Green Bay.
Speaker 1: Listen, Chicago's at home, and I think they're better than the Packers, and they have played the Packers twice. Both games came down to the final moments. But the Packers are the are not the same team from an injury perspective as they were right, Jordan Love hasn't played the Packers obviously, don't have Mica, don't have Tucker Kraft, don't have a lot of key guys. They when they played the Bears the first time, Caleb had to pass into the end zone to potentially you know, tie the game. I think they probably would have gone for two. He threw the pick, and when they played him the second time, he had the pass in overtime to win the game. I think the Bears are better. The Bears are at home, the Bears are healthier. I did not like how the Bears played this weekend. I still think the Packers won nine games because they were about the quality. Once everybody got hurt of a nine win team, I'll take Chicago plus one.
Speaker 2: The Bears might have the better coach. Oh you know these days. Uh, but yeah, I took Chicago there too. I don't know if you said.
Speaker 1: That the Okay, so we're on the same page there.
Speaker 2: All right, name page there? Jacksonville plus one versus Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm taking the Jags plus the points. And you might say, what points?
Speaker 2: It's point.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest with my dear friends at hard Rock. Bet. I'm disappointed that I can't that this isn't one and a half, and I really want that half point because I think let's so let me explain my pick here, Okay. I I think Jacksonville is the more well rounded team and the team that currently is playing better. I also think Buffalo's tendency to play poor early and then rally late could be a problem for them in this game if Jacksonville's able to shorten the game by efficient passing and running the ball with ETN. I also the reason I said I want that half point is for some reason or another deep down kind of think Buffalo is gonna win this game by one, and so like that a twenty four to twenty three Bills win. And so I know this is the definition of kind of having it both ways. I get that I don't have a super strong conviction. I really liked when I thought I was gonna be getting I thought when this game, I thought it was gonna be Bill's minus two and a half, but it was Bill's minus one and a half. And now it's Bill's minus one. But I will take Jacksonville plus one. And to be clear, because I see what the producers wrote said number one storyline was Josh breaking through. To me, those storylines were not all predictions. It was what the biggest storyline is, will Josh break through? And this bet? Can you know Bill's the Bills win by one? There is no way to win this pick in either direction. It would mean, the line's exactly right. I just think I think the Jags, they're a thirteen win team that's at home, that's healthy, that's playing great. They shouldn't be home dogs. So I just I'm obligated to. I don't love it. You never love. You never love picking against the team that you think is more likely to win because you're getting the points, but the points you're getting are one one. You don't love that. Well, you really don't love that, but it is Jacksonville plus one.
Speaker 2: I took Buffalo minus the point just because if Josh Allen does not go out there and win, it's gonna be really bad for him. It's gonna be really bad for Buffalo. I think if they don't go out and get this win. So I took with minus the points. But San Francisco plus four and a half at Philly, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll take the Niners plus the points. I just I think that I think this should be Philly minus three, and it's Philly minus four and a half, and I think San Francisco can win. I certainly just I don't trust Philadelphia to look impressive offensively again against teams that had a pulse down the stretch. Beat the Bills by one, lost to the Chargers by three in overtime, lost to the Bears by nine, beat the Lions, who had a pulse at that point in time, by nine, but uh beat the Packers by three. Lost to the Broncos by four, like they just even early in the year, beat the Cowboys by four, beat the Chiefs by three. That Rams game, you'll that, you'll oh, they beat the Rams by seven. Not really, they were beating the Rams by one. The Rams were attempting a game winning field goal and then it got blocked and returned for a touchdown. They beat the Bucks by six, like their wins by real margin this year. They're how more than one score wins the Giants, the Raiders, the Commanders. And I understand, it's not like I'm getting seven and a half, I'm getting four and a half, But I do. I thought the Niners defense played its best game in forever again in Seattle, and I think that if they it now Trent Williams not practicing Wednesday, I don't love. I've got to imagine he will play in this game Sunday. I like that this game is Sunday instead of Saturday. For that purpose. I think San Francisco can win. I'm getting more than a field goal against a team whose offense is broken. I'll take San Francisco plus four and a half.
Speaker 2: I'm right with you there, Yeah, okay, all right, Chargers plus four at New England.
Speaker 1: I think the Pats win, but I think the Pats win by three. I'll take the four points. I'm underdog heavy, but I just I can't. This is This would be traumatic. And I understand his offensive linees brutal, I get it. This would be traumatic for Herbert if he lays another egg. He doesn't have to win. Like, I'm not gonna that. They aren't as good as New England. They're on the road. I'm not gonna if he, you know, plays a normal Herbert game and they just lose. Now, he's not gonna get like bonus credit. But I'm not gonna kill him for it. Uh. But he can't lay another egg. I don't imagine he will. He's been carrying this team on the offensive side of the ball throughout the year. The defense, but the real the real reason that I like grabbing the pointsier to Monsey Ish Drake May has not faced a defense as good as the Chargers defense. I don't know if he's done it all year. Like I'm trying to think who's the best defense the Patriots faced. I I can't find a good one. And the Steelers, I guess you could argue they turn the ball over five times. The Panthers like early in the year, I don't know, like the Bills. The Bills pass defense has been really good all year. Drake May threw zero touchdowns against him in two games. Now, Listen, this isn't me. I'm I think the Pats are gonna win. But I get four points and what I think will be a low scoring, cold game at night, and I just don't think it's gonna be a prolific passing attack. I also think Vrabel can shorten the game if he needs to. I'll take the four points with the Chargers taking the four. Okay, So right now, our only difference is you've got Carolina plus ten and a half and you've got the Bills minus one. Other than that, we're on the same page, all right.
Speaker 2: Last one last year Pittsburgh plus three versus Houston.
Speaker 1: I think Steelers are gonna win, and I understand Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in a decade.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: They get DJ Metcalf back, They're coming off that type of victory. Houston's offense never got fixed. It got a pulse, but it never got fixed. There is this weird stat that only I care about, which is that Mike Tomlin's the greatest Monday night football coach ever. He's twenty two to three in his career on Monday nights and twelve and oh at home. He's been the head coach for twenty years. He's never lost a home Monday night game. This is a home Monday night game, and I think that Rogers is going to be for the first time all year, Demonse willing to stand in the pocket and get hit if he needs to be because they're in the playoffs. And again, just like a kind of auto gambling rule. I know it has not been a good rule in the playoffs the last decade, but Mike Tomlin at home getting points, I just gotta I gotta be on that side of it. So I'll take Pittsburgh plus the three.
Speaker 2: Rogers might get mangled, though he might be a yeah, I'm with you on I'm with you on that too. Pittsburgh plus three great.
Speaker 1: So we only have two differences. Yeah, but my my picks are the Rams minus ten and a half and then all the underdogs Chicago plus one, Jacksonville plus one, the Niners plus four and a half, the Chargers plus four, Pittsburgh plus three, and de Mon's even if you don't win, I'm so proud of the fact that you are you just you just love getting points. You tease underdogs up instead of favorites down to the NFL playoffs. You're like, just give me the points. Just love you love getting points. It makes me so happy. A such a good Uh yeah, exactly right, they're giving you the points. Just take it all right. Speaking of good gambling fundamentals, Demon's crushed his teasers this year eleven and seven, including a four lager a few weeks ago. This week, I don't even think it was close on any of them. Carolina plus ten and a half they lost by two, Pittsburgh plus eleven and a half they won out right, Buffalo plus a half. They annihilated the Jets, even with Mitch Trubisky playing what are you doing this week?
Speaker 2: This week we got a three team eight point teaser at plus one hundred, and we're gonna be teasing Chicago up to plus nine. I want to tease Buffalo up to a touch to plus seven, and then I want to tease the Chargers up to US twelve. You know, I can only go with the games they give me what. Yeah, we had this week, so.
Speaker 1: I like a lot. I also like the fact that you resisted the urge to tease. If you like the Panthers plus ten and a half, you might be like, well, I really like them plus eighteen.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 1: But I think deep down you felt like, yeah, they might get both.
Speaker 2: They could, They could lose by three scores, and you're not getting quite the key numbers.
Speaker 1: You're the Chargers ones a little awkward going from four to twelve. It's not as much value. But I also I don't think they're gonna get blown out. Come on, Chicago's gotta be able to you know, if Chicago gets blown out at home, it's a disaster. And listen, the Jags have been kicking the shit out of people, but this is the bills and the playoffs. You get all. I'll look past your teas and through the zero because you obviously get it up to seven, which is such a key. So I've lost I believe it's patronizing at this point for me to grade the teasers. I'm not grading him anymore. You're just the you have taught me how to do it.
Speaker 2: Grad all right, you've.
Speaker 1: Graduated from it. I do have a touchdown, Genie this week?
Speaker 2: Who are we going with.
Speaker 1: Trevor Lawrence? Guy loves that quarterback snake?
Speaker 2: Okay, Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trevor Lawrence plus one seventy anytime touchdown is my touchdown?
Speaker 2: Genie? This week? Solid? All right? That was was a bold one. I expect that.
Speaker 1: So that is so what's the offer? I know what the offer is, but go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, So you skip the offer last week? This week we were riding with your boy, Trevor Lawrence along with TD. Genie. He's thrown for three touchdowns with zero interceptions in three of his last four games. Do you think he can do it again? Trevor? Three plus touchdowns and zero interceptions at plus six hundred.
Speaker 1: So this doesn't count, right, Like if he runs for one, it has to be three passing touchdowns. Then I sadly have to turn this down. While I appreciate it, I just think that this is gonna be a running game for the Jags. Bill's run defense is bad. Pass defense is good. So even at six to one, I sadly have to reject it demands. Can't wait for the weekend. I'm gonna be facetiing you a bunch during these games. Wild Card weekend should be excellent. Your Raven's not in it, my chiefs not in it. Get to be nice and relaxed, y kid ourselves, chill out. Thank you to everybody like great subscriber review to the show in a shout out to our wonderful sponsors, hard Rock, bet Boost and Zen. Thank you to all, even Blue Duck. Enjoy a great football weekend. Talk to you guys Tuesday. What's right