Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Asia. I'm Stephen Carroll with Caroline Hebcker, and we're joined by Bloomberg Equities reporter Winnie Sue when he let's start them with TSMC shares lower today despite yesterday's upbeat results.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, down seven point three percent, and that is the worst that it has seen in about a year now.
Speaker 3: The results.
Speaker 1: When we talked about earnings yesterday, it was pretty positive. But it really is the forward looking part of it that has been raising a bit of concerns, especially around its spending. So kpex coming at sixty to sixty four billion US dollars for twenty twenty six, that is at least four billion US dollars higher than the previous forecast. The question is will there be enough demand to really be able to justify these spending and if this is really running a little bit faster ahead of itself even and another concern that we're also hearing is actually with the profit margin, a growth margin at sixty seven point seven percent. That is meeting average estimate, but still coming below the street's highest estimate. So you really see that investors are very difficult to please these days, even when earnings are quite on the positive side. Now this is dragging down the broader tie X index down six point five percent, and we have the Taiwanese gauge entering a technical correction today just because TSMC accounts for forty percent of the overallweting of the Taiwanese benchmark.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that after TSMC and what's been happening this morning with those stocks slumping, there's also been a big big decline in of Kiyoshia Kyokshia. What is driving that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, it's just this very broad chip sell off that we are seeing. Honestly, you would have expected today to be a quieter day when the South Korea market is on holiday, but in fact we are seeing the pain being felt by the other countries. And you know, Kiyokxia is in fact a flesh memory maker in Japan, and it saw shares plunging sixteen percent today on these concerned around the AI spending. Now, another couple factors here is First of all, it has risen at one point six hundred percent this year and on that AI boom, and still it's up about four hundred percent at this point, so a bit of profit taking still justifies it. But remember the market cap is in fact seeing you know, it down about fifty percent in just the past month, so you can see that investors are getting quite sensitive where this AI trade is really going. And we when we look at another factor, we did also hear that Bane, which was a big investor in Kioxia, actually also exited recently, so that might mean that there can be a market market peak coming already. So those are some of the concerns that we've been hearing. And Kiyoxia was Japan's most valuable company as of last month, so things really turn around quite quickly this period of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's certainly very interesting one to watch. And away from technology, then when he convenience store operator seven and I getting a boost from some M and A headlines, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Finally some good news that we are hearing. So seven and I is the world's largest convenience store operator and it is buying this Poland's top convenience store operator Zabka Group, and that is seeing it to be a tailwind four stocks for both companies. So on the seven and I part, we are seeing shares of about three point five percent today, the top performer on Japan's Topics Index, and investors like that because this actually helps seven and I to grow its overseas operation and it aligns with that long term strategic intention where it really wants to have one hundred thousand stores globally for its mid term plan, and it has already been acquiring convenience source in North America and Australia. So being able to buy this company or to have a big stake in the company would help it expand in Europe and Poland would then be this seven and Night's fourth European market, and so that is really being seen as a boost now. On the other hand, when it comes to Zapka, it's also positive for it because it really helps it to have this long term strategic partner to grow further as well.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.