Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. You're listening to the Bloomberg Intelligence Podcast. Catch us live weekdays at ten am Eastern on Apple, Cocklay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App. Listen on demand wherever you get your podcasts, or watch us live on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Well, we talked about how Nova Noordisk is one of the big movers today in early trading. The president and CEO of the drug maker says the company is going all in on weight loss drugs as his company is the first to come out with a pill to be sold in the US market.
Speaker 3: He spoke with our Katie Greifeld earlier today.
Speaker 4: This is really going to be super exciting for the millions of patients that have been waiting to get their hands on a gop one pill. And for the first time, we are having a pill that has an efficacy of some seventeen percent if you take the pill regularly, and one in three people are going to actually reduce up to twenty percent weight loss. I think that data speaks for itself, and we are super excited, of course to be the first to the market and we're going to give a go all in trying to make this a huge success.
Speaker 5: Well, moving forward, I mean beyond just these first few months after Eli Lilly does have their pill on the market, how do you plan to compete? What is your strategy there given my understanding is that there's likely going to be no restrictions when it comes to food, when it comes to drinks around Lilly's version.
Speaker 4: So, as I mentioned, there are no other phase three trials of oral gop one that has shown this level efficacy. This means that for the first time ever, people do not have compromise between either taking an efficacious injection or a convenient pill. For the first time ever, you have the same efficacy of seventeen percent in injection or at pill. You can take it on a daily basis as a pill or a weekly injection, and that I think is the key selling points.
Speaker 6: With WeGo v pill.
Speaker 4: We also have more than ten years of course experience with regards to safety data and what have you. That's why it's called the wegov pill, which means that this pill is not only going to reduce your weight, it also has protection for your cardiovascular systems. So this is a phenomenal pill, second to none, I would say, and we are very ready to compete with it.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about how you're going to sell it through.
Speaker 7: What channels?
Speaker 5: Will you sell this way go v pill and will all of those channels be available at launch?
Speaker 4: The quick answer is yes, we're going all in. We're of course going to sell this through our own websites, no WorkCare pharmacy, as well as all of our partners be a Row, Live, MD, Costco, weight watchers, everyone that you can imagine is going to start launching this at the same time on the day of the launch. Trum Our ex of course we'll be coming up soon as well well as well as of course the traditional channels that usually medicine is pro crud in us.
Speaker 3: All right, that was the CEO of Novo Nordisk.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in John Tozzy now he's a Bloomberg Healthcare reporter on this milestone for the Swiss drug maker.
Speaker 3: Because Novo Nordisk was the first.
Speaker 2: Mover here when it comes to the obesity treatments, but it quickly lost its lead to Eli Lilly.
Speaker 3: Does this put it back in the lead again?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean so for the Danish drug maker. I believe it's Danish. Yeah, No, I think it is. Listen, it is a milestone for sure. You know, patients have been waiting for an oral version of these weight loss drugs. This is the first pill to get approval in the United States. Ili Lily is not far behind. They've said they expect their pill to be a pill version of their weight loss drug zep bound to be approved as soon as March potentially in the US. So, you know, I think it's still quite a competitive space, but this is still certainly a milestone for Novo Nordisk.
Speaker 9: So I would think that this would be kind of a step function in demand for the industry to have these error products available because I'm guessing there's just a bunch of people out there that don't like to get injections and that's a non starter for them. What's what's the expectation what this could do for the marketplace when we get more and more of these.
Speaker 8: Oral Yeah, I mean, Novae CEO certainly said that they expect us to expand the market. I think will know pretty soon, right whether you know. I mean, first of all, the question of how many people currently using the injection convert to the pill form and how many new people start who have been reluctant for whatever reason. To take the injection, you know, whether it changes things like adherents. We know with these drugs that there have been you know, questions along how about how long people stay on the medications and whether they go on and off because of some side effects. So, you know, I think it is you know, potentially likely to expand demand.
Speaker 4: But we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: And I remember Novo had a what they call the next gen treatment, cagri Semi, which didn't do well, and that tanked the stock. And it's partly why the stock has fallen by about half this year. Is that kind of an experiment that just went off the rails. And this was always kind of in the offing.
Speaker 8: I mean I think, uh, you know, companies have been looking for an oral GLP one weight awes drug, you know, for uh, you know, for years. I think this has been a goal of the of the market. I mean, there is an oral pill for the diabetes indication.
Speaker 10: Ye sorry, all right, that's good.
Speaker 9: I mean I think this will just it'd be big for a lot of folks and hopefully the cost will continue to come down and now I'll make it available for more and more people.
Speaker 10: John Tazzi Healthcare Report Bloomberg News.
Speaker 9: Thanks so much for joining us here again, a good day go for Novo Nordisk bloodmore coming up.
Speaker 10: This is Bloomberg.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Bloomberg Intelligence Podcast. Catch us live weekdays at ten am Eastern on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App. Listen on demand wherever you get your podcasts, or watch us live on YouTube.
Speaker 9: All right, here's the story that kind of caught me by surprise. I just wasn't on my radar screen. Sax Mull's bankruptcy year after raising billions for a turnaround.
Speaker 10: When did that happen?
Speaker 2: I know they've been having problems with paying off their debt and just kind of trying to restructure everything.
Speaker 3: But this has been like a slow moving train rad.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's a phenomenal brand.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 10: Let's get to get the latest reporting on this.
Speaker 9: Basu joints us here Bloomberg News credit reporter so Reshman.
Speaker 10: What's going on with our friends at sas.
Speaker 7: Sax is running out of money and the over the weekend we saw some lenders go into enter into confidential discussions to discuss the company's new money needs.
Speaker 3: And what are the options on the table. At this point, a.
Speaker 7: Chapter eleven is a possibility. Given the company is running out of cash. It's been having issues with its suppliers, so right now everyone's kind of scrambling to figure out how to salvage the company.
Speaker 9: So talk to us about what they've been doing over the last several years and trying to stage this off and maybe raise some other capital.
Speaker 10: What's what's been the recent pass life for this company?
Speaker 7: Well, Sex has always had some issues with its vendors, and in late twenty twenty four they decided to partner up with Neiman Marcus in a two point seven billion deal, but the integration has not been growing great and the company is still struggling with negative EBITA, dealing with late payments to vendors. So it's just been having a lot of issues, a lot of pressure points coming all together once right before the holidays.
Speaker 2: Who are the investors that have a lot at stake in this debt situation for Sex.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a lot of you know, the Wall Street lenders that are involved in this name, and they've just seen you know, they're having a really tough time right now with like brounds, et cetera. So they're seeing you know, in Sacks, we're now seeing the debt trading in like the single digits.
Speaker 10: How much debt do they have outstanding?
Speaker 7: So they have more than two They did a two point two billion deal and on top of that, they did rescue financing back in August which added another like six hundred million, So.
Speaker 10: There's this is real money for the banks are on the hook for.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is a lot. This is a lot of pain that's going to be going around.
Speaker 3: So how do you see this shaping up?
Speaker 2: What will you be looking for in twenty twenty six as this continues to be a story where SAX is working with creditors trying to persuade them to you know, pitch in more or restructure their existing agreements.
Speaker 7: We'll be looking to see how the company and its lenders are going to structure the new money raise, whether or not that's going to take the form of a bankruptcy loan or a dip. And we'll also be looking to see who's ultimately going to take the keys, if we're going to see a change of control, and if lenders are going to assume control of the company. We're looking to be seen whether or not we see SAX and Nieman kind of separate from each other.
Speaker 10: I mean, boy, some of this is brutal here.
Speaker 9: So they have interest payment one hundred million dollars due like December thirtieth, nine hundred and forty one million dollar portion of sex second out notes. Not sure what a second out note is. And I've been in that business a long time. Trades for seven and a half cents on the dollar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's that is brital. That's just stress level.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and about seven hundred and sixty two million of more senior debt was quoted at forty eight cents.
Speaker 10: So yeah, market's telling you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the market's saying that there's not a lot of value here. Like Sacks and Neeman markets were kind of known for their real estate value. But what we're seeing is that's really maybe not the case. So that's something that's going to be deliberated over the next coming weeks. How much is that real estate worth? How much are is the company's name worth?
Speaker 2: Reshmie, let me ask you a question because I know a lot of our listeners are AMEX Platinum card holders, which means they get a fifty dollars credit at Sacks every six months and they'll be going into the stores to use that. Does this affect the operations on the ground, Will customers see any difference when they go into Saxsmith Avenue?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean right now, we're seeing a ton of promotions taking place right now, and that's something that we've seen in retail for years now, a very promotional environment. So there's going to be a lot of discounts out there.
Speaker 9: Are there other Sacks type stories out there that you're monitoring the name that could be a real credit problem.
Speaker 7: Credit problem maybe Container Stores is the one that we are kind of keeping an eye out. They filed for bankruptcy, they exited, but there's you know, we're seeing a lot of discounts taking place there as well.
Speaker 2: But this feels very different from you know, the problems that First Brands or Tree Colore had, which kind of came from out of nowhere. This feels, I was saying to Paul, like a slow moving train wreck. We've known about these problems at Sacks and Cantake for a while and it's a matter of just the two sides working it out right.
Speaker 7: Like Sachs and Niman, the integration has just gone so wrong in so many ways and it's really not capturing the synergies that maybe lenders had initially hoped for when they did the deal.
Speaker 9: Is there a call maybe for just a new management team that kind of come in there, if there is in.
Speaker 10: Fact a reorganization here or filing, I mean.
Speaker 7: We could definitely see lenders taking control of the company and installing their own people.
Speaker 10: All right, Rushmi, thanks so much. Appreciate that that was the story. I was not aware of.
Speaker 9: Rashmi Basu. She's a credit reporter for Bloomberg News joining Slacker in our Bloomberg Interactive Broker studio. And you know, if you bring somebody in here and you say, oh my gosh, is this a trend? And what do we hear with first brands and clear no, it is idiosyncratic.
Speaker 2: Right yes, and one off well, and that really shocked people because it felt like it came from out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: They didn't have a sense that this was happening.
Speaker 2: Clearly, the integration with Neiman Marcus has been kind of troubling, so people had a sense that this was not going so well. And we know that the department stores as a whole just don't have a business model that resonates with younger consumers.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, And if you don't have a digital strategy down then you're just in a world of hurt here and then. And it just I think being a former banker with the screams to me is just the capitol structure isn't appropriate for the business the way it is today. You can't capital, you can't have that much debt on this type of business. Maybe you could have a generation to go, but given the economics of the department store business, as you mentioned, it just doesn't feel like this story capital structure. So somebody's gonna have to pay, and it looks like those junior note holders it's seven and a half cents on the dollar they're going to pay, and even the senior stuff they're going to pay as well. So stay on top of that story for sure. SMP of fifteen, the Dow up a needing.
Speaker 10: This is Bloomberg. Good morning.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Bloomberg Intelligence Podcast. Catch us live weekdays at ten am Eastern on Apple, Cocklay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App. Listen on demand wherever you get your podcasts, or watch us live on YouTube.
Speaker 9: I haven't seen the Bloomberg reporting all morning about how many gajillions of people are gonna be flying this weekend.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: I feel like this schedule has changed a little bit of calendar has changed since COVID because people are able to leave it a little bit earlier work from home, you know, for the few days before the holiday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, apparently like yesterday the day before where it was the crazy day. So that just kind of brings you to how are the airlines doing that there? And what's the out look for twenty twenty six for the airlines? Here George Ferguson, Senior Aerospace, Defense and Airlines anast from Bloomberg Intelligence.
Speaker 10: It says he's on Zoom from the Jersey office. I'm not buying it. I think it's a beach and you.
Speaker 9: Got a backdrop there that's CGI. But I look at him, he's in the Princeton office. I mean, all right, George, thanks for joining us here. I appreciate you putting the effort there, sir, talk to us about the airline business. How healthy is it today and kind of what's the outlook for tomorrow? Because every time I got on a plane, it's packed, dude.
Speaker 11: It is. But remember, you know, those revenue management officers. They don't like to let airplanes go down the runway less than eighty plus percent full anymore. So you need to tell me the price that everybody paid before I get really excited about packed airplanes. Anyways, I'll get off that soapbox right now. Look, I think you know, as we get into twenty twenty six, we're looking at schedules, we're seeing a lot of the growth coming from the big full service carriers. United especially continues to sort of pour on the gas here and put a lot of capacity in the marketplace. Delta a bit less than them, America even a bit less than them. And as we get into the new year, we're going to have Southwest starting to sell premium seats, and everybody's got a plan for bringing more premium seats to the marketplace. So you know, when we just look at the full service carriers, they're going to grow higher than GDP levels. They are going to be I mean, actually not the latest GDP number, which is a bit hot, but we're going to see like three four percent seat growth in the first half from those big full service carriers. I think that means there's probably a risk premium seats are going to start to feel some pressure on fares, and that's been you know, the really big driver of this business, especially for those big full service carriers, has been driving their profitability on the on the you know, economy end. We're seeing Spirit airlines there sort of between this world and that world a little bit. We're trying to figure out if they're going to survive, might get bought by Frontier. They've dropped a bunch of airplanes. We're seeing some of these carriers cut capacity because of weakness in those seat prices. So I think we'll start to see at least some you know firming up of that of that basic economy as the market tries to get that back in balance. So I think that's what we're going to see in the first half of the new year.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like there's going to be a surplus of those premium seats and then that leaves big empty hole here for the frontiers and the spirits. Are they going to be forced to offer also some kind of premium version of what they currently have an offer?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I mean, I think everybody's trying to figure out a way to get more premium in their airplane. They're not you know, they're not forced, but they want they want that premium travel that's gonna just keep flying through, you know, through good and bad economic times and not have the challenges of inflation on their budget and things like that. So I don't know if they're forced, but we're definitely seeing all of them look at ways to increase the price they can get the customer to pay for a seat, whether it's block a middle seat, you know, so it might be three by three kind of airplane, they might block the middle seat. Some of them are talking about putting, you know, more reclined and nicer seats in the front of the airplane. So everybody, I think everybody as a plan for how to get more premium in their airplane. And again that's gonna mean like everything in the airline business will get off sides on premium before it's all done. I think it begins in the first half. I don't think premium seat prices are going to create Unfortunately, we're not gonna be able to go anywhere really super cheap flying in front of the airplane in the first half of the next year. But I don't think it'd be as good as it was in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 9: Wages, that's a big cost component for these airlines. I want my pilots happy and want them feeling like they're well paid.
Speaker 10: Talk to those about the wage the dynamic in the industry.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, look, you know, we still see you know, I don't know that I want to call it a shortage, but you know, it's a it's a difficult balance between the number of pilots out there and what's needed by the airlines and the you know, the number of people coming into the industry and getting air transport licenses and things like that, and so the pilots are still decently paid. You know, they came off years decades ago. They just had many, many bad years. There was a surplus of them. So they've been catching up and they got these twenty percent increases in the last couple of contracts. And in the last contract we saw a twenty percent increase and then a four percent five percent, so actually it was a couple it was a five and a couple of fours before two percent salary gains increases. They're pretty nice in this economy, and the airlines really can't afford that kind of inflation. In their cost base. The pilots are a big part of it, and so they keep rolling out bigger airplanes. And that's another challenge in the marketplace. Right as you put a bigger airplane behind the pilot so you could defray their costs over more seats, you got to fly all those seats into these markets, and sometimes you're discounting more to fill the airplane. So that's a challenge and continues in the new year. We think the airlines would be managing cost inflation there and maintenance and gates everywhere.
Speaker 2: So wager is a big part of the airlines costs the biggest part, but then fuel is the second biggest or it can be and jet fuel has actually come down in twenty twenty five. Is that going to continue to be a tailwind in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 11: So you know, we kind of we looked at it recently, put it out on the Bloomberg Terminal BI Space AI RLN. We did some scenario analysis on this look. I have a hard time seeing fuel prices dip significantly lower than here. But I am no oil man. Right if I was, i'd own a football team, But I'm not oil man. I don't necessarily where those prices are going. All I could tell you is that they stick around two dollars, the airlines will get The airlines had a nice tailwind from fuel last year as fuel prices fell, it buffered their margins. If they stick around two dollars, they probably get a bit of a tailwind in the first quarter, but as they roll into the back part of the year, they're not going to get a lot of gains from fuel. That's not going to buffer their margins. But we'll see. I mean fuel has dip below two dollars, it could stay below two dollars. I guess if you see slower GDP growth, could be a bit of a buffer. But we don't think as much as in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 9: Did the airlines hedge their fuel exposure, because boy, I think I'd be hedging right here if I were CFO.
Speaker 11: Not anymore. I think every so often they surprise you and so I hear what you're saying, Like, you know, you could see one of those crazy the cfo's out there going, hey, we might as well edge here, could be as good as we get. We saw Southwest do that a number of times in their history and win big but for the most part recently, what we've seen is almost the entire field does not hedge fuel prices anymore. If you think about it, they kind of sell tickets out six eight weeks, so they have sort of a future commitment for fuel prices out that far. If fuel prices rise dramatically, I think everybody in the marketplace adjusts fares fairly quickly because they're not edged. And so I think you know, when they look at the pack that they're flying in maybe the airlines, they think no one else hedging fuel. I'm not going to run the risk to be wrong in a hedge, will stay on hedge, and that's what the US guys.
Speaker 3: Hard to stick your neck out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I guess I don't know, unless you think you've got to handle on the market.
Speaker 10: George Ferguson, thanks so much, appreciate it as always.
Speaker 9: George Ferguson, a senior aerospace, Defense and Airlines analles for Bloomberg Intelligence.
Speaker 10: I think I figured out George. He's in the office today.
Speaker 12: But then I bet you a bunch of them are going to noon bag out good to Tiger's tawn. But he's sent his work for the Yeah, they're can go to the Tiger's Tail and have a little holiday and you wish you're there with you exactly.
Speaker 9: It's a great great spot there right around the Bloomberg offices down there in Princeton.
Speaker 6: Stay with us.
Speaker 10: More from Bloomberg Intelligence coming up after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Bloomberg Intelligence podcast. Catch us live weekdays at ten am. He's done on Apple, Cocklay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app. Listen on demand wherever you get your podcasts, or watch us live on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Let's head over now to Washington, DC and check in with Nathan Dean, he is Bloomberg Intelligence Senior policy Analyst, to kind of wrap up the year that was in twenty twenty five and look ahead to twenty twenty six. Because you can't overstate just how much of an influence politics and policy had on the markets this year.
Speaker 9: Clients actually demand access to Nathan Dean and the and his notes get huge readership because politics definitely impacts investments.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just look at the crypto space, for instance, look at the fininancial space, a banking space.
Speaker 3: Nathan, thank you so.
Speaker 2: Much for joining us today on the eve of Christmas, eve which industry saw the biggest impact, for better or for worse from policy.
Speaker 13: So obviously, I think the first thing to do is look at President Trump's one big beautiful bill, and really that's clean energy. You know, we saw a lot of the tax credits curtailed in terms of just both solar and wind, and both industries are really significantly being felt in terms of you know, those actions. I would also say is there's a lot of sentiment out there in terms of crypto and financial services, like you just said, but twenty twenty six is going to bring even more deregulation for those two sectors. And that's why we think for twenty twenty six, crypto and financial services in particular are going to see quite a benefit.
Speaker 6: Just in the banking space.
Speaker 13: For example, you know, back of the Napkin math, because we haven't seen some proposals that haven't come out yet, we're estimating around seventy three to seventy five billion dollars in capital that we returned to the big banks, So think of Bank America, Chap Morgan, and City Group. And then in the crypto space, obviously, you know, we had some stable coin legislation passed that is now going to be implemented in twenty twenty six. But also we see Congress debating this crypto Market Structure Bill, which we think is a seventy percent chance of success passing the first half of next year, which would then bring regulatory clarity for firms like coinbase and Robinhood.
Speaker 9: It's also an election year in twenty twenty six. How does that impact how legislation gets passed or doesn't pass?
Speaker 10: How's that work?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so you know for twenty twenty six, every day that all four and thirty five members of the House and thirty three members of the Senate are here, it's to day that their opponent is back home campaigning against them, and look, they don't want to be here. So we're telling our clients is that legislation is going to be very difficult to come by in twenty twenty six. Now the Republicans want to have another bite of what's called the reconciliation apple. This is essentially the one big beautiful bill pathway again, so think of this is going to be more healthcare related.
Speaker 6: We're somewhat barish on this just because.
Speaker 13: The margin of the margins of the House representative are pretty thin right now and Look, if it was easy, they would have already done it, the Republicans. But there are some other bills out there, like I mentioned the Crypto Bill. But twenty twenty six is a story about deregulation because regulators live here, they don't go home, and they're going to be working on these rules. And it's also a story of tariffs, because we do anticipate the Supreme Court in January is most likely going to say that President Trump's eight the tariffs are unlawful, and then the Trump administration is going to have to figure out another way to implement these tariffs because just as off this morning, President Trump said that these are really good things for the nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's going to be something we're going to really focus in on in twenty twenty six. If the Supreme Court does rule against the President, what does that mean for the efforts by importers to claim a refund or to.
Speaker 3: Try to get back some of that money.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 13: So Bloomberg News had a call um a couple of weeks ago and they use the term refund chaos.
Speaker 6: And I love that two word phrase because that's just.
Speaker 13: Going to show you how difficult it will be to get refunds because to the best of our knowledge, it's not like one company like Amazon could go to and just say, look, give me a check for f one hundred million dollars. You have to go down to the line item, by each individual line item because each individual line item has certain tariffs associated with it.
Speaker 6: So it's going to be messy.
Speaker 13: And there's also no way to we can figure that there would be an electronic version of this, wire would have to be a paper check.
Speaker 6: So I think there's a lot of folks out there saying, look, if the refilms are coming, it's going to be quarters, if not years, And I would just say, is that.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 13: The other thing to keep in mind is that the Trump adminstration most likely will launch these investigations. So if you're in the press, you see section two thirty two or section three oh one, think investigation. But those investigations take time. And the biggest question that we have we don't have this answer yet, is will President Trump reimpose these tariffs three, four or five months before the elections when they're extremely unpopular with the populace.
Speaker 9: Jeez, I mean, that's going to be crazy to see how that plays out. What else here Nathan is the expectation in Washington that the Democrats will win back the House.
Speaker 6: Perhaps, so it's certainly looking that way.
Speaker 13: I mean, just go historically, and the minority party has always done extremely well. I mean, think of President Obama, the Tea Party comes in, think of President Trump, Nancy Pelosi becomes Speaker of the House. So historically that which suggests that the momentum goes back towards the Democrats. But we've seen, you know, in Virginia, New Jersey, Miami, New York City, that the Democrats are performing much better than they would have even just within that historical norm. And we've seen a lot of retirements from the Republican side as we head.
Speaker 6: Into these midterms. Now, if you think of how.
Speaker 13: Do the midterms actually impact the investing side, I would say is one, it takes away the opportunity for this reconciliation method again. So they get twenty twenty seven, You're not going to see a very large tax cut bill or deficit inducing bill.
Speaker 6: It brings things back down to gridlock.
Speaker 13: I'm not saying nothing can get done, but it just means that legislation is going to be less of an emphasis. And President Trump to implement policy is going to focus more on executive orders and then the deregulatory method.
Speaker 2: Is there any appetite Nathan in Washington to address AI and to set up some more standard guidelines for companies to operate in. I mean, I think about Nvidia and how it's the poster child of the AI revolution here in the US, and Jensen Wang has pretty much gotten everything he wanted.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So President Trump issued an executive order on artificial Intelligence, essentially combating the state's abilities to create their.
Speaker 6: Own rules on AI.
Speaker 13: Now, our legal analysts, Matt Shaddam has looked at it and said, most likely this would not pass court muster, so that AI executive order probably doesn't have much teeth to it. But in that executive order, President Trump also directed the Executive Branch to come up with a national standard. And so if we see the Executive Branch and the various agencies come out and say, look, this is what we think the national standards should look like, at least it's an area for debate, a foundation, if you will, for Congress to begin to start thinking about this, because you know, right now it's very hands off industry in terms of regulation. You know, I didn't talk about it in twenty twenty five because it really isn't all that much regulation for it. But if this foundation and this debate continues, and you will see a lot of anti data center messaging as we get into the twenty twenty six midterms here in Northern Virginia. We saw it already in our election. You know you are going to see this coming to the political spectrum. So I do think over twenty twenty six you'll see this debate. But again, I don't think you're going to see anything actually put down on a piece of paper and say this is what the national standard is.
Speaker 10: All right, Nithan Deane, very good, appreciate it as always.
Speaker 9: Nathan Deane, Senior policy analyst for Bloomberg Intelligency is based down there in Washington, DC.
Speaker 1: This is the Bloomberg Intelligence Podcast, available on Apple, Spotify, and anywhere else you get your podcasts. Listen live each weekday ten am to noon Eastern on Bloomberg dot Com, the iHeartRadio app, tune In, and the Bloomberg Business app. You can also watch us live every weekday on YouTube and always on the Bloomberg terminal