Speaker 1: All the Orioles have been waiting to get some runs, so have their fans, and they finally did today in Arlington, Texas. After scoring eleven runs the last seven games going two and five, Bird's broke out with ten today in Arlington, Texas and beat the Rangers ten to five. Welcome in everybody, another edition of Birdland Territory Steve, Tim and Bragg. Quick reminder before we get into the today's game, and a bunch of other notes we've got planned for you in this show.
Speaker 2: Our next show will be a mail.
Speaker 1: Bag edition where we take your comments, your questions. Send it to Birdland Territory Twitter, send it to Tim and I via our twitters for our outlets. You can send it obviously on YouTube right here you're watching YouTube, you can put a comment in and say here's a question for your next show as we will take some of viewer questions coming up very soon on Birdland Territory. So, guys, Pete Alonzo's first multi homer Oriole game today. He was on base five times, three HiT's two walks. Pretty good four homers. The Oils only have five games this year where they've hitched four and more. I'm not sure what caused the breakout today. I'm just glad it came. What did you guys see?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you, Steve. This is it's just kind of one of those games. Do you expect to see a lot more of this season? I feel like it's it's almost shocking that we have to talk about the offense having games like this, because you just figured this would be the type of games we'd see all year, a lot of homers, a lot of double digit run scoring. But it was good to see it. It's a good time to see right before the Minnesota series. Obviously the pitching was good enough to hopefully win this series in Texas, but you know, you got to take the one out of three and just kind of move forward. And Pete kind of said it after the game, it's just we control our own destiny. We're going to face a lot of good teams. There's no reason to.
Speaker 4: Get down about it all.
Speaker 3: We obviously want to perform a little bit better on the offensive side of things, but moving forward, they control who they're going to play or they control their and you just got to win ball games. And you hope that this is kind of a precursor or an omen cut type game that we'll get to see this a little bit more of the offense moving forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those first two games of the series really really frustrating and ugly performances for the offense. But this was a series. Obviously you didn't want to lose this series, but you really couldn't afford to get swept because if you got swept, your four games behind the Rangers. Now, by salvaging this series finale, you're only two games out, so you're still within arm's length of them. But give credit to Pete Alonso, man first multi home run game as an oriole and Pete, like a lot of guys, has really struggled in the month of August, so to see him really break out, great sign. To see the bottom of the lineup have a monster game, really great sign.
Speaker 6: Leodi Taveras had a couple of hits.
Speaker 5: Kobe Mayo, who quietly steve we always go back to that June twenty second date when looking at the offense. Not a lot of offensive standouts for the Orioles since June twenty second. Kobe Mayo, Tyler O'Neill, both of them certainly have been standouts in that stretch, and Colton Kowser after getting a double last night, having a multi hit game tonight. It was a very encouraging game to see from this offense. But now you gotta stack it, man, can't You can't go back to what you were in the past couple of days, especially tomorrow against Dean Kramer.
Speaker 2: You know it's ironic, and that's stat.
Speaker 1: We've been constantly quoting series where they scored thirteen runs or least.
Speaker 2: This was another one. He'll score twelve runs.
Speaker 1: This series when you add up the first two games and they get ten. But you feel so much better, I think in Oriel fans leaving this series to see the breakout and hope it can continue. We'll get into the fact they're gonna face old friend Dean Kramer tomorrow night in Minnesota target Field and Colton Kowser today. Here's the interesting thing, man, It has been a minute for the home run. He went thirty five games without a homer. That goes to the Rogers Stadium un till he connected today.
Speaker 2: But when he hits it, they stay hit.
Speaker 1: According to MLB dot Com, this blast today by Cawser was his third longest homer, four hundred and forty one feet of the forty nine he's hit in his career, the fifthies hit this year for twenty four plus. I just wish Brad he could make more consistent contact. I know he does too. Yeah, you never end that search for that, It'll be ongoing. But he shows these glimpses of the pop man, and it's prodigious when he does Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what I mean oil fans have seen since he's been up in the big league team, is that this power is there. It's just about making more consistent contact. And like you said, he wants to do that more consistently, but it's really hard to kind of do that with your swing. And I think he's doing the best he can with his swing right now and trying to figure some things out, and he's made some adjustments throughout the year. But man, you're right, you would just love to see a little bit more contact because when he hits it, those balls shoot in the gap over the fence in a heartbeat, and it's really nice to see when he does it. When he stays down through the baseball. Today he got to cut her out over the plate and gosh, when he hits it, it's I feel like every single one of his home runs is four hundred feet plus anytime he makes that solid contact. So that's definitely one of the things you'd like to see here more. And I mean, I just I have to believe he's going to get more consistent at bats and that can only help him this season. And I think when he starts facing lefties more consistently, which was kind of nice today that Rocker got taken out of that game so early because he got the face of the lefty Montgomery when he came in. And I think when you're able to face same same arm side guys, I really think it helps your confidence more than anything else. And then obviously recognizing more pitches from the left side. But I think that was a kind of a good thing for him to get to some of the at bats against lefties and not get taken out right away like they've done most of the season. But you're right, Steve, if he could just find a way to make a little bit more contact, we'd be seeing fifteen plus twenty plus home run season from him every single season.
Speaker 5: I feel like, yeah, you guys use the word that cansistency with Colton Kowser, it's just throughout his first three full big league seasons, even going back to his rookie year in twenty twenty four, when he finished second in Rookie of the Year voting. He's such a streaky player, guys. And you can even look at this year. I believe it was his month of May get NOPs nearly nine hundred. Like you're looking for anyone right now in this Orioles lineup to go on a hot streak. And I get it, it's just two games, but you're hoping the double last night, the multi hit games that the hit against the left handed pitcher today that you reference Brad. If Kowser can go on one of his patented Keeters man like that, that would be a much, much, much needed development for this offense which has been lacking that punch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coming into today had been five for his last twenty six with twelve strikeouts, So it looked like those lean days. I can see why this kid was a fifth pick in the draft. The tools when they're on are last. The power, he's got a good arm, he's a plus runner. He can go first to third, second to home, he can steal your bag. It's just a lot he can do. And for me, when they're a young player with those tantalizing skills, you don't give up on that.
Speaker 2: And the aros clearly or not.
Speaker 1: I think some fans are down on them, understandably so, but the organization made him the one five pick for a reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like you said, see those tools, when they're flashed, they're loud, and that's the reason why you get taken so high in the draft.
Speaker 4: And the other part of it also too, is when he hits home runs, it just feels like.
Speaker 3: A different reaction in the dugout than other guys on the team. You can tell that guys really care about cold and he cares about other guys, and it shows when he has success. There's just a different celebration in the dugout. And I love seeing that as being a former player, just kind of guys that really teammates that guys want to see do well, and he is definitely that.
Speaker 4: And I feel like like you're referencing that hot streak.
Speaker 3: If he's able to get hot, he could supplement this all for a week, two week, three weeks at a time. And I mean, what better time than for it to happen right now when they really really need somebody to just kind of step up, and I.
Speaker 5: Think something that we talked a lot about with Blaze Alexander, and there was always that debate, Okay, should you leave, you know, bump him up in the lineup, do you tinker with him at leadoff? But Craig Albernas was steadfast in the fact, hey you bat him eight or nine. This is someone that's really going to turn the lineup over. And that's what Colden Cowser can do in this opportunity now because he's going to be batting in the bottom third of the lineup. He's someone with legit thump and if he can just get into this hot streak again, that can help turn the lineup over. And that's something that they've sorely missed since Blaze Alexander went down with that injury.
Speaker 2: So the Oils get this victory.
Speaker 1: They are fifty seven and sixty one, they ended a three game losing streak and now it's onto Minnesota and the tim as you mentioned a big difference in the swing here he went. It started this series one back of the wild Card would have been four with a loss. One is two with a win, so that's more palatable and every time you want to throw the dirt on it, the Orioles do enough to stay in it, and they did it again today. Let's talk about this quote that we saw earlier this week, which was quite interesting. I thought the owner of the Orioles, David Rubinstein, was speaking at American University Monday night, and one of the many quotes he made, and I believe he's promoting his book here, we tripled salaries, but felt the last place. It's frustrating. I'm really embarrassed about it, but I'm trying to do what I.
Speaker 2: Can to fix it.
Speaker 1: Two quick notes, they haven't actually tripled salaries, haven't quite gone that far close close, and they're not in the last place close. So those two are a little off. But I get the point. And I'm gonna say what I had to say on this. I want to hear your guys' thoughts on the Rubinstein quote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's definitely interesting, to say the least. I think it's It shows this frustration, and I think he's used to somebody that's being so successful in his previous career. You figure you throw some money at the problem. Him being a money guy. It kind of it goes the other way and things just get better and all that kind of stuff. And I think it's just kind of realizing that baseball isn't a you know, you throw three times the amount of money or whatever the amount is towards the problem, it doesn't necessarily fix it. So I think that kind of brings him back to maybe a new process they go through where maybe he's a little bit more involved with Michaelias or has a little bit more of a say on what goes on or what they need to add. And I just think he's learning the game of baseball, which it's a it's a tricky thing. Everybody wants to point to the Dodgers, where all they had the highest salary but invite and on the other end of the spectrum is the Mets. They put all this money and look at them. They're in the last place in the East. So it's it's just baseball is a fickle, fickle beast. And I think it's I think he's just maybe understanding the business side of the things, and I hope it doesn't discourage him from putting more money towards his team, because the fans really deserve that, and I think he wants to have a winner. I think in his quot he mentions he hopes when his obituary is done at the end of his life, he wants to have World Series winner on there, not just you know, from his previous business ventures. But I just hope that he really just maybe goes about the process differently and doesn't just say I'm not going to put any more money towards this team, which I don't think that will be the case.
Speaker 5: I'll say this, I'm glad he said it. I want my owner to say that, you know. And look, I think the fan base got upset at David Rubinstein from his comments going back to Kyle Bradish's contract extension press conference where he said that he couldn't be more pleased with Michael Ias.
Speaker 6: Now, I think two things can be true here.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: If you were expecting the owner to take a shot at Michael Olias when he's within arm's length of him at the podium, I just think you're sadly mistaken.
Speaker 6: Now, do I think maybe it went a little too above and.
Speaker 5: Beyond heaping praise? I can I can grant you that as well. But look, there's no denying that these past couple of years, think about it, from David Rubinstein's perspective, and maybe this is somewhat disillusion but maybe not. Guys, when he bought the team and he was introduced as owner and Steve, I know you were there.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 6: It was opening day twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Gosh, that couldn't have been a more perfect time to buy this franchise, right because this team was ascending. They're coming off a one hundred and one win season in twenty twenty three. They have all these hot young players. They have no payroll because all of these guys are under club control. Oh and by the way, you get six hundred million dollars to fix up Camden Yards, which is already a Crown Droll stadium. So to go backwards, you know, since acquiring the Orioles in twenty twenty four, it is embarrassing.
Speaker 6: It is It is tough. There's no way around that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The Orioles went in with playoff expectations in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: They fell short.
Speaker 5: They fired Brandon Hyde prior to Memorial Day in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Brandon High was the manager of the Year in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: He didn't even make two full seasons after that and to now selling again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's upsetting.
Speaker 5: And I think if the owner of the team that you root for, you want them to want to win, you want them to take ownership over the product. And I think it's refreshing that he said that, quite frankly.
Speaker 4: For me.
Speaker 2: Here's my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Is he embarrassed with his ownership performance, or is he embarrassed with the front office, or is he embarrassed with the clubhouse or is he embarrassed with all three? That's what I don't know when I read that quote, because if he's embarrass by Michael Lias and the players, I question him publicly saying that the owner of the team, you.
Speaker 7: Guys have let me down. I spent all the money, I did my job, and look what you're doing. So I think that will be that quote will be read very differently.
Speaker 1: In different circles. Yeah, and so that's what the first thought I had. The second thought I had was he skipped a step. This guy's been saying everything's rosy, and now you're embarrassed.
Speaker 4: From zero to sixty pretty fast.
Speaker 1: And here's the third thing I think, as I'm being critical of the owner of the Orioles, I wish he would make those comments to Oriole media that we wouldn't have to pull it out of an appearance in American University. And as a media guy, I selfishly wish the owner of the Orioles would talk maybe twice a year spring training, gather all the guys talk and the gals end of year or mid what however you want to handle it at the end of the season, and it doesn't have to be with Elias next year, why can't the owner sit up there by himself and take it on from Baltimore cameras and reporters. And if you if you only have to do that twice a year, you're getting off pretty good because players and coaches and managers have to do it every day of the year. So that's what I wish, But I'd like you, Tim, I agree it's okay to be critical. Their performance has been poor, embarrassing. I have a hard time calling the team I love embarrassing. That's just me as a fan. I have fans tell me that every day, and I love Towson University. I would never publicly say Towson University basketball embarrass me today.
Speaker 2: I can't have it in me to do that.
Speaker 1: I might say it to my friend at the bar, or I might say it on the phone to someone I'm close with about Towson Man, I was embarrassing loss today and so and so, but I would I wouldn't say it about the art.
Speaker 2: That's just me.
Speaker 1: But he's the owner and he can own and sell, even buy all this twenty times over. So it was your's interesting. I'm not quite sure how to read all this now. I don't know if maybe you guys should disagree with this. I don't think it will have much impact on the One Lost record, but we'll see how that plays out too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're saying see, but I think it's it's hard to take like a little snippet quote and like what does that like? What is that associated too? I don't think it's like direct. It's hard to know who it's directed at. And I don't know, like, I don't think it's gonna affect the players, like if they saw the quote, I can't imagine them being like offended by the owner saying something like that. It's just I don't know. It's a weird time for it to come out, especially after the trade deadline and all this. It has just gone down, maybe you know, like it's just kind of all all these emotions and everything are being riled up after this last week, and it's just like, I don't know. I guess the only way I can. It's kind of weird timing. I guess it's just.
Speaker 4: Hard to know.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna have more of an understanding after this whole offseasons figured out, with the lockout and everything and where they're going to go with this team directionally, and I just think maybe we'll have more of an understanding of what he actually meant by that. Maybe that's the only thing I can think of right now at this point.
Speaker 6: And Steve, I think he made so many great points.
Speaker 5: But one of those things that stuck out to me that I agree wholeheartedly with I think David Rubinstein one way or another, and that this is assuming the team does not make the playoffs. If they don't make the playoffs, David Rubinstein needs to talk one way or another, because if Michaelias is here, he needs to be up there by himself. Explain your decision, why do you believe that he is the right man to lead you out of this? Or if mich Elias ends up losing his job. Then the owner needs to talk either way. David Rubinstein, if this team falls short of playing games in October, needs to take questions from the Baltimore media in a press con setting, not with players, not not with Mike there, not with any of that. I think it needs to happen. And you know, even going back to the Kyle bradish uh presser and look, it was a question that need to be needed to be asked, but again it's still a weird forum to do it because you don't necessarily want to take it away from Kyle bradish and the moment is about him and not about Mike. But to your point, Steve, we don't know when we're gonna hear from Rubinstein again, so it certainly was a valid question to ask. It just kind of puts the media in a little bit of a tough spot.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of fans are going to read that quote as that was directed to Michael Elias, But I don't think it was. I think everything everything, He's not single point pointing any.
Speaker 2: Any aspect out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he actually did mean I'm embarrassed you know that we we collected, we have done, have.
Speaker 2: Done this and.
Speaker 1: It's just hard to read into that quote. But he you know, it's certainly different than what we've been hearing him say to this point.
Speaker 2: So let's make an abrupt.
Speaker 1: Shift here, prospects nice who've been here three days rather than you know, the whole season we've been touching on. And uh, this kid Anthony Ija said he threw a good game last night. I was watching at on the internet de Bay Chesapeake Bayseks broadcast Andre mcgaro and his guys.
Speaker 2: Uh at double A.
Speaker 1: I answered, last night two runs over five innings, he fanned nine. He showed mid nineties. He showed me really plus breaking pitches. And let's take a look here, and Brad, you can give a few thoughts if you like. He Yeah, let's find some highlights on this kid who who throw showed three plus pitches last night.
Speaker 2: In that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean watching these highlights, you just show us right for the show. It's it's a good fact, you know, like you hear about his breaking balls and everything. But obviously as it started, you have to throw fastball. So frowed a good one there and then these two breaking balls he throws. These next two clips, I mean they are plus plus breaking balls. You can just tell by the swings the guys are taking. You can tell by the movement. That doesn't matter if it's Double A, Triple A, big league. Those are swinging miss pitches. Obviously the big league level maybe have to, you know, tinker around the zone a little bit more than where they're at. But I mean those are quality, quality breaking balls, and that's that's what you want to see with the guy you just traded, you know, the face of the franchise for.
Speaker 4: That's the kind of stuff you're looking to see.
Speaker 3: And impressive in those three clips, I know, little snippets there, but we're gonna get see him a little bit more as the season moves along. And Ben McDonald raved about him on the broadcast again today. I've heard him before say it, but he's just saying he thinks there's a shot this guy could break with the team next year. He's that polished and he feels like he's that close. So it's it won't be a matter of time. I feel like before he might be gets a crack at Triple A and just see where he's kind of at on that level standpoint. But I mean, it's a plus plus breaking ball stuff. Like McDonald had said before, breaking balls are Bratish type breaking balls, and with those clips there, you can tell that's a high praise to say, especially with Oiel fans talking about it. But it lives up to the praise right there in those cups three show.
Speaker 1: As I watched last night, that's what I thought. Bradish light. And I'm not saying he's gonna be Kyle Bradish. Don't get carried away here. I'm just saying his pitch ability was similar and those breaking balls were really something last night. He's got a one forty seven ERA. This year, he's thrown seventeen times and sixteen he's allowed two runs or less. So I mean, the guy's just been stellar. Looks like he might even get a chance to bump the triple A. Anthony Jyinson meanwhile, or excuse me not iinsen Kye Kyson Witherspoon meanwhile, was pitching last night for Frederick. Gave up one unner and running four and a third. I watched a little bit of this. He got bailed out, he left with the bases loaded in the fifth. Brighten Sloan got out of it to keep this pitching line preserved. So that was pretty good. This Andy AzID Car continues to hit it, Frederick. He's now ten for twenty four in his first five games with the Keys, with six extra bay sits and eight RBIs. So at least from that standpoint, if these kids were one for twenty and Ansen gave up six runs, I mean there was some pressure on them when you're traded for Adlie.
Speaker 4: Right, oh yeah, yeah, big time.
Speaker 3: And I think when you get traded from your first organization over to the new one, you want to make a good impression. So there's even that added pressure on themselves, let alone what all the fans are thinking. You have that added pressure on yourself of like, I want to show these guys that you know, I can do what I can do, and for them to go out and you know, hold it together and put up decent numbers in their first outing in the new organization after a whirlwind of a week is encouraging stuff.
Speaker 4: And hopefully they just continue to get more comfortable.
Speaker 3: And really carve out a niche for them in this organization moving forward and up through the levels.
Speaker 6: Yeah, talking him out the other day.
Speaker 5: Just the pressure that's on that when you trade away an Adley Rutchman. All fans are going to look at their box score every single time that they are playing. And right now there's about a month a little over a month remaining in the minor league season. So if you're that bunch shit, you want to just continue to finish this season strong and head into twenty twenty seven on a high.
Speaker 1: When that kid took the man last night at Bowie, all I could think of is he gives up a sixth spot. There's going to be an avalanche criticism of the trade, and you never put it on one start. But it's great terrible. But if it had been terrible, man, they would have been rough on that kid.
Speaker 2: But he threw. He threw a great game.
Speaker 1: Michael Ferret today pitched Triple A Norfolk his first game against Buffalo. Two runs in four and two thirds. And here's why they say he's close to ready. His first three Triple A games for Durham, his VR was ten. He had a first round knockout in one of those games, but in his last seven Triple A starts counting today, his ZRA is three point zero three.
Speaker 2: So Forret's a pitcher on a roll with triple A.
Speaker 1: I would not surprise me at all if we see him in Baltimore before the year is out.
Speaker 2: A fourteenth round draft.
Speaker 1: Pick out of Juco by the Oriols a couple of years ago now knocking on the door. So oriol pitching development really is shining now and they're just loaded with these pitching prospects, which I think we're gonna see it's going to serve his organization so well over the next few years.
Speaker 2: But a lot to play out.
Speaker 1: We got a few minutes ago in this show, we'll transition on. We'll talk about Dean Kramer. He'll be facing the Oriols tomorrow night. That's next on Birdland Territory.
Speaker 8: Big Bed Morning Show Vinnie and Haney, Inside Access Live on YouTube weekdays six till six, search Baltimore one to five seven the Fan, Subscribe for daily short's right to your phone and never miss which you miss one five seven the fan.
Speaker 1: So let's see if the Oil offense can build on the big game on Sunday and Brad, what's it gonna be like you think for Dean Kramer tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: He he had a really good run on the Orioles watch coming over in the Many trade. Now he's pitching against the Orioles and against one of his good friends, Trevor Rodgers, tomorrow night at Target Field.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be it's gonna be fun, it's gonna be emotional, it's gonna be Dean's gonna want to stick it to the Oriols a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think it's as much as everybody wants to say.
Speaker 3: When you get traded away from a team that you know just doesn't see you've fit anymore, you want to prove it to him.
Speaker 4: And not many guys get a chance this quick to do it.
Speaker 3: So, h, Dean's gonna come out tomorrow and yes it's his good friends, and yes it's his old organization, and he had to.
Speaker 4: He had a really nice I saw tweet out.
Speaker 3: I appreciate, like appreciating the fans and the organization for giving him a shot and everything, but uh, this is something he's gonna want to go out and he's going to prove that you guys messed up.
Speaker 4: I'd let me go.
Speaker 3: It's it's human nature in sports. You're always looking for an edge, You're looking for something to kind of motivate you even extra. And he he's gonna have that tomorrow, So I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out throwing a little bit harder, having a little bit nastier stuff than he than he had before. But the game will settle in and then uh, it's gonna be right back to business. But the first couple of things, I wouldn't be surprised to see him coming out blunt guns blazing tomorrow.
Speaker 6: What was going for you, Brian?
Speaker 5: Like you know if you pitched against the Padres when you were with the O's or when you pitched against the O's after they traded you in eighteen, Like, what was it like?
Speaker 6: You know that that first time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the uh, the Padres was kind of the first one that I had the chance to face, and it was you wanted they still had the same manager, and it was you want to go out there and be like, you guys messed up. It's it's like I said, it's kind of human nature in sports, and you know that the uh, there was a lot of development I had to do once I left San Diego.
Speaker 4: It was kind of like getting out of college for an instance.
Speaker 3: You know, like you're so comfortable, you you know everybody, but when you go somewhere else, it's kind of like it's kind of time to grow up and it's you're getting a little bit older. But when I faced him, I didn't forget it, and I want to go out there and just you know my old buddies that you know, they they there was some more left in the tank that we just weren't able to like unleash when I was in San Diego. So it was there's gonna be definitely some of that for Dean tomorrow. That this is so new that I don't know how much could have built up over that time. I had a few years before I faced the Padres, so it's gonna be a little different for him.
Speaker 4: That's that's a quick turnaround there.
Speaker 5: And it's funny that the Olds are in this crazy stretch where it was Grayson Rodriguez last week, it's Dean Kramer tomorrow. The Oods played two series against the Raise upcoming, so Tyler Wells, you know, he's gonna get a crack or maybe multiple cracks at the Orioles. So all of this within a couple of weeks span for the birth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's kind of one of those things when you trade in division, you know, it's or Interleague. It's gonna happen quicker than you expect. I mean, this is way quicker than most of these guys probably would have expected. But I think that's part of the thing when you when you trade in division, they're gonna do they play the Red Sox again too, because.
Speaker 4: They'll see sometime here soon.
Speaker 3: And so it happens quick when it's in division. With the Rays, especially those guys Brian Baker, I'm sure he remembers. He's a little bit more fired up anytime he faces the O's just because he got traded over to the Rays last year.
Speaker 4: So we'll have a couple guys waiting to face them here coming up.
Speaker 3: But when you're the Oriols, you know everything these guys do, so that that's the advantage when it comes to the Oriole side of things.
Speaker 5: I was about to say, like Dean Tomorrow, is that advantage Orioles advantage?
Speaker 6: Dean, how do you see it?
Speaker 3: I would I mean, I'd have to imagine it's advantage Oriols. But then again, again, he knows all these guys, he knows he's watched these guys a million times in the dugout. But I just feel like with the analytics side of things. You sit in the side and you see how guys hit, but it's kind of hard, like you're always looking up the scoreboard, what did that guy throw?
Speaker 4: What was that pitch?
Speaker 3: And you kind of like get somewhat of a game plan, But when you're facing that picture, it's everything is right there in your face. And these guys probably knew with Dean throw before he even got traded over. So I feel like it's advantage oriols, but I don't know. I've been wrong before, so we'll see tomorrow when they face them.
Speaker 1: I'm not much of a believer crazy fears, but here's a crazy one and it's come come out from parts of Berdland. So that a game about a week or two ago, Kramer throws to first, did you see the ball? He's trying to say that Alonzo and Pete's like looking at the dug guy, what's he talking about? And so I saw miscommunication. Some fans saw more than that, and then they did. Then there there next leap twas Hey. A couple of days later, he's traded. It was not much ado about nothing.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, tim oh, No, I was gonna say, it's much ado about nothing. I I I just think it was a weird exchange. But I think that was just Dean being Dean. Now, if we want to go back to last year, his exchange with Samuel Bissio coming off the mound was a little odd to me, but I think the exchange with Pete Alonzo was much ado about nothing. I think he was just genuinely asking him, hey, can you see you know it is the light getting in your eyes.
Speaker 6: I just think it was, you know, a legitimate exchange.
Speaker 2: Right. There are some fears, I'm telling you, man.
Speaker 1: On your Twitter, and man, you could see all kinds of crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Guys, before we start coughing again, I think we you wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Let's remind our viewers and our listeners on the podcast that we are very close to one thousand subscribers.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. This is quite a tough sledding.
Speaker 7: We're on the.
Speaker 1: Doorsteps, so hopefully you guys get us over in the next show or two.
Speaker 2: Keep subscribing the YouTube.
Speaker 1: We got a mailbank show coming up, so send your questions onto the YouTube comments or to Birdland Territory Twitter, or to Tim and I on our socials and we'll get them out for you soon. On the very next show, so thanks for watching today, we'll catch you next time on Birdland Territory
Speaker 2: I int