Speaker 1: Brook's been trying to think of this quote to say for about a minute.
Speaker 2: Now, what is it There's no such thing as too much of a good thing?
Speaker 3: Or is there too much of a good thing?
Speaker 2: I kind of think it's that one, but that would backfire.
Speaker 1: And what you're trying to I thought, it's going to be really clever to open our back to back second day after it is still yes, yeah, so let us know a good quote for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're here, Yeah, here, we're here.
Speaker 3: You tell us it's.
Speaker 4: Saturday, It's Brook and jeff one morning, and let's do a comment that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Oh well, psych Dale said, I found this from them TikTok video and I had to find Brooke because I loved her humor. I need to do this podcast so much while I was pregnant that my baby when he was born would actually know your.
Speaker 3: Voice is That is so cute, Except.
Speaker 1: Now the baby just had to hear that whole quote thing. And how are we making even babies dumber?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sorry about that, but your back to back classics start right now.
Speaker 6: It's Brook and Jeffery and morning. And what if I told you in the middle of a meetup between a guy and a girl A mysterious note was left at the table.
Speaker 3: That's exciting.
Speaker 6: Inside that note was one singular, handwritten word. I can't say what it was yet, but I can tell you it's different than the word that I usually leave in my handwritten notes.
Speaker 3: What is that word?
Speaker 7: I don't want to know that word.
Speaker 6: Splosh question mine.
Speaker 7: I told you that could.
Speaker 6: Be taken many different ways, but that is not the word that was written in this note. You'll hear what it was because it shocked the entire room. It's I'll write it for you. It's coming up in your second Date update right after this.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: In the entertainment industry, it's all about good branding, Oh yeah, for sure. And that's why today we're turning our second Date update into a second Date update, trying to get a guy to say yep to a second meeting.
Speaker 3: Branding.
Speaker 6: It's called good branding. And I've already got our digital team recutting all of the station promos. And by digital team, I mean the one guy who still works here. So thanks, Seth. But in the meantime, let's meet our hopeful yupper of the day goes on Jessica welcome to the show. I apologize for all the negativity in the room.
Speaker 3: Not against you, just against Jeffrey.
Speaker 9: Just so you know, Hi, guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 7: Can we call her Yessica Jeffrey?
Speaker 3: Oh, I kind of like that.
Speaker 6: Absolutely can If that's okay with you, Yessica for your update. It's bad, it's going to be all stuff.
Speaker 3: Have you hung up yet?
Speaker 9: I'm sorry?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, I'm sorry to Let's just let's start with an easy question. Who's the guy that you want us to call today?
Speaker 9: His name is Patrick.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 9: We met on a dating I'd never been on a dating app, of course, but this is my first time.
Speaker 4: That's your very first date from a dating app.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it was crazy because I was getting so many like messages from people and.
Speaker 10: It's like hundreds.
Speaker 3: Wow. Was that overwhelming?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I mean I definitely was trying to like weep through all of that, and so when I saw this guy Patrick message to me, it was like super normal. Yesked me just was like, hey, how are you. Wasn't anything about my physical appearance, so it wasn't creepy.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like the others that are like fresh meat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does say, like new to the app.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the algorithm really does that, Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you were attracted to his normalness Yeah definitely.
Speaker 9: And we went to this restaurant that was really nice.
Speaker 4: What were you feeling going into this because you ever even been on a blind date before? I mean not that, I mean, I know you can see people's pictures and shouting them, but you don't really know what to expect, right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: I was absolutely nervous because I normally love to do things with my dog. Happy happy ta f f y.
Speaker 6: Which makes jose happy just thinking about. Okay, sorry, how did we get onto her dog?
Speaker 4: She normally goes places with her dogs. And I'm guessing you didn't bring your dog to the restaurant.
Speaker 9: So I didn't because they didn't allow like dogs at the restaurant in the wood and patio seedings.
Speaker 6: I thought you were going to put your dog inside of like a sweater and like do the thing where people stack on top of each other and then your dog could sit in the restaurant like.
Speaker 12: Eating parts of her steak through the buttons.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that would have been cute, but I guess still distracting for the date.
Speaker 3: Was that hard for you not to bring your dog.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I love my dog, so I was thinking about her a lot, and so on the date. It was so fun that I kept like kind of thinking about her. So I was like getting distracted during the conversation. For example, I love to read and I favorite series is Harry Potter, and he was like, I'm reading the series again. So we were talking about it and it was just so nice, but I kept thinking about Pappy.
Speaker 4: Did he notice that you were distracted and thinking about your dog?
Speaker 9: I mean, I think a little bit, because he had to repeat the question a few times that he.
Speaker 4: Had, so that's interesting. I wonder if he thought you were distracted or just like airheady.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, that's not a bad thing. I don't know. I does that insult you?
Speaker 4: Just hadn't mean to insult you.
Speaker 9: I don't think it was airheady. I think I was just like kind of like floating. I was just a little distracted.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was balloon minded.
Speaker 6: Okay, this second date yupdate is definitely turning kind of dark. Let's bring the yuppie mood back in. Okay, I did, and I apologize that. See look at this, this is what I'm talking about positive energy, and you're.
Speaker 4: Just asking if he thought that maybe she was a little spacey and not really because he didn't realize she was thinking about her dog.
Speaker 2: Did you talk about your dog a lot?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, did you bring it up at all?
Speaker 9: I mean I talked about Hafy a little bit, but I tried not to make it the whole conversation.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 6: So just to recap, You're on your first time on a date through a dating app. You're feeling a little bit nervous, you keep thinking about your dog, talking about Harry Potter a lot, missing some of his questions. So far, it's going okay. How does the date end?
Speaker 9: So at the end of the date, I once used the restroom and he was like getting the check, and when I came back from the restroom, he was gone. And we left me a note saying sorry, no, that is.
Speaker 2: A terrible first.
Speaker 6: Let's give him a little bit of credit. Was there at least a sad face at the end of I'm sorry, make it kind of cute?
Speaker 3: There wasn't a hard I'm sorry. Why would you want to get a hold of this guy again? He ditched you at.
Speaker 6: The end of the day.
Speaker 9: Honestly, now I want to know why he ditched me because everything seemed to be going great. And honestly, Lexus, I really want your feedback on this because I feel like you know men, and you know, like I feel like you can really help you.
Speaker 6: Think she knows men all men? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Does yeah? Yeah, Lexus, what do you have to say about that?
Speaker 4: Experts has such good boundaries?
Speaker 9: So what do you think of Lexis? Why do you think she left me?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Share your wisdom, you know.
Speaker 2: I need a few minutes to think about it. I got to do some study.
Speaker 4: She's the one that all of her friends go to for advice obviously.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're still waiting on that advice, some of them.
Speaker 2: But scroll on TikTok a minut answers.
Speaker 6: We're gonna hopefully get all of the answers for you. When we come back, call Patrick and try to get you your second date yupdate and have him say yup to another meet up Yessica. It's right after this.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 6: If you're just joining us, We've been talking to a young woman by the name of Jessica who recently dipped her toe into the pool of dating apps, got hundreds of messages from eager male suitors, and she chose one who seemed to be the most normal.
Speaker 3: God And if this is the most normal, then she's doomed. Y app world.
Speaker 2: It was such a terrible.
Speaker 3: End to a date.
Speaker 6: His name is Patrick, and it was a terrible end because she got ditched by him at the restaurant.
Speaker 12: He actually ditched came back to the table from a to a note.
Speaker 3: It's so rude, so rude.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, But Brooke, can we at least say it's impressive that he knows how to write something by hand? Can we give him.
Speaker 3: That it wasn't a full set?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: Did it have any punctuations?
Speaker 12: That's why he only wrote one work, because doesn't know how to write a sentence.
Speaker 6: That's possible. There's a few questions. Was there any punctuation on it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: No, man, I guess flop.
Speaker 3: An exclamation mark would have made it feel worse.
Speaker 6: But the good news is Jessica is gen Z and she's looking towards a gen Z hero for answers here, I think it's safe to say she wants you very very involved in this call, Alexis as do.
Speaker 2: I'm the hero we're talking about.
Speaker 6: You're the gen z here we're talking about any more thoughts now that you've had time to TikTok about why this guy ditched on Jessica.
Speaker 3: You really got nothing.
Speaker 7: Let's play some more music, and there's just it.
Speaker 2: Could be anything. It could be her zoning out, it could be likes Harry Potter. Okay, there's the dating world. Your first date probably isn't going to be good on a dating app.
Speaker 9: Okay, I just appreciate Alessis being open to her.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I have a choice, but yes I have.
Speaker 6: Alexis is going to take a very active role in getting answers out of this guy. Let's call him and hopefully he picks up. But here we go. Hello, Hey is this Patrick?
Speaker 10: Missus Patrick?
Speaker 6: Then thanks for picking up. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: What's up man, Good morning?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 6: Okay, Alexis, we have we have a bunch of questions that we would like to ask you about a woman that you went out with recently. Her name is Jessica.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's part of a segment that we do called a second Date Update. So Alexis take it from here.
Speaker 1: You went out with somebody and you're super rude at the end. Actually, like you need to explain yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're trying to get him to open up.
Speaker 2: I would love to heart.
Speaker 8: I'm sure you have.
Speaker 2: A great reason that I will totally side with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, did you hear that?
Speaker 6: Patrick?
Speaker 13: Do you know what she's talking about? I'm I'm like totally confused.
Speaker 10: What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Okay, maybe I'll explain it and then I'll talk about you. So this girl, Jessica emailed us because she told us about your date at the restaurant and she is very confused why you ditched her halfway through with no explanation, just left about that, said.
Speaker 13: Sorry it was the end, but yeah, yeah, it was at the end of the night and there was no hope, so I just left to know.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I gotta say though, Man, that's pretty rude.
Speaker 13: Well, she was being extremely rude. She was on her phone the entire time, and then just a year to the bathroom and.
Speaker 3: Then what disappeared to the bathroom?
Speaker 13: Yeah, she disappeared to the bathroom for like thirty minutes.
Speaker 7: Whoa, wow, that's a long time.
Speaker 13: I'm exaggerating a little bit. I mean, it was like ten minutes, but it felt like thirty.
Speaker 4: Okay, now I'm starting to think it was two minutes a long time.
Speaker 3: But me, there's a line like you don't know.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, no. She was like she is obsessed with her dog, and it was like she would rather have been with her dog, and so I was like, you know what, I'm just gonna leave so she can hang out with her dog.
Speaker 2: I mean, wouldn't most people rather be with their own pet in the first day.
Speaker 6: I mean, but her dog's not even there.
Speaker 13: So like the whole night, she's like on her phone and she was trying to like put it to the side so I wouldn't notice. But she did it so much within like the first five minutes of this meeting that I asked her if she was all right, oh, and she was like, Okay, here's the deal. I have a dog, Cracker app and this is the first time I've been away from Taffy or whatever the dog's made.
Speaker 4: Doesn't that make you feel better though, because in that moment, now she's being open with you, and she's feeling like it's almost like an apology, like I am so sorry that I was on my phone.
Speaker 13: It's kind of cute, but she had it set for this like bark alert, so when it would bark, her phone would buzz.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I was like, okay, well, maybe you should turn that off during the dinner, And like a few minutes later, she like pulled out her phone and she's like, oh my god, look Tappy sniffing the room.
Speaker 11: Bud.
Speaker 10: That means she's.
Speaker 13: Anxious, I mean anxious anxious.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, Oh, my friends had pet cameras had to delete it because of it.
Speaker 2: It was so sad all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it would always distract them, so they got rid of their ass.
Speaker 4: Obviously, your day is just having separation, exacting herself, you know.
Speaker 7: And the dog seems like it's fine.
Speaker 13: Well exactly, And then she goes to the bathroom and she was gone for such a long time that I actually thought she ditched me, oh.
Speaker 3: To go check on her dog or something.
Speaker 13: Well, I went back to the bathroom and this girl came out and I was like, hey.
Speaker 10: Have you seen this woman in the bathroom.
Speaker 13: She's about this high as this color hair. And she was like, oh, yeah, she's in there facetiming her dog.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, I get that baby. She had a dog, the Cara you could talk to. There we go, so you your little dog.
Speaker 6: Thank you for explaining what happened from your perspective. That gives us a little bit more of a scope about what was going on, at least from your side of it. And now you probably need to hear Jessica's side of it because she is on the other line listening right now. And what does she want to do? Alexis I actually know what.
Speaker 2: She wants anymore? Get answers?
Speaker 3: They usually want to.
Speaker 6: Want to talk to each other.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll start there.
Speaker 6: It's Jessica on the other line, if she's there, Jessica.
Speaker 8: Hey, Patrick, Hey, what's up? Oh?
Speaker 9: I know this is kind of weird, but like I know all that stuff did happen, But is that really a reason to like get you?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean I didn't know how long you were going to be in the bathroom facetiming with Taffy, and I was just like it was just frustrating, Like I get it's hard to leave a pet at home, but like, come on, it's not like the dog's in danger.
Speaker 9: Well you could have like messaged me after Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 13: I could have messaged you after, but I was just like, I don't know, I was just so turned off. I kind of just was like, forget about it.
Speaker 7: It hurts.
Speaker 6: I mean, if I'm a guy and I'm on a date and the girl is not paying attention to me the entire time, I'm going to start to feel like she doesn't really like me.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the entire time, he said, there was twenty minutes in between the phone and then her explaining, and then she would like at least she tried to take the FaceTime call away from the table. I don't know, like, why didn't he bring it up. Why didn't you say, hey, you're kind of hurting my feelings.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to your house and hang out your dog.
Speaker 13: I just don't understand why why we can't just decide to go on a date and be with the other person instead of being on our phones and well.
Speaker 6: My child, Well, yeah, you should ignore your children if they're trying to interrupt you in the middle of a hot date. That's really rude.
Speaker 3: Brook does Oh, absolutely, I don't answer their call.
Speaker 2: Maybe if she gets a second child, then she'll care less.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just think maybe next time. If you're that worried about it, Jessica, you can just find.
Speaker 3: A dog sitter.
Speaker 4: But it still doesn't warrant him ditching you at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 9: I appreciate your opinion on that, Brook, but I really like to hear what alexis.
Speaker 1: I think it did not warrant him to leave you a note like that at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: Finally, a thought that makes sense on this show. Thank you, Alexis, You're welcome. Okay, So so wait, are we not.
Speaker 7: Going to tell her but in the future, maybe pay more attention.
Speaker 2: I think she should bring the dog to a dog friendly place.
Speaker 7: Oh, that could be a good day.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's always an option. And look, Patrick, if you're willing to give her another chance, we would pay for it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it would be good to try her out with the dog to see if she's as distracted if the dog's with her.
Speaker 6: Yes, Alexis is going to tell you two reasons why you should say yes.
Speaker 1: Right now, Because Tavy's obviously cute.
Speaker 6: I got it, that's obvious, though you owe her. Did you say one? And then, b what's your second watch out doing this?
Speaker 13: Right now.
Speaker 6: I mean, you can't say no that that logic.
Speaker 11: I am.
Speaker 13: I'm out, I'm out. I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I just.
Speaker 13: Jessica is too high strung for me.
Speaker 10: I just it's not going to work.
Speaker 12: Oh man, oh my god, Patrick, thanks so much, like for telling me the truth.
Speaker 9: Now I know why. I mean, I can just get back to the hundreds of other messages. I got.
Speaker 13: A full bro, you got hundreds, Okay, I don't think it's that much.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 7: Hey, if it's plenty of fish, it's definitely that much.
Speaker 4: Said. She was in the bathroom for thirty minutes and it turned out to be ten, So I don't think we're judging your numbers.
Speaker 10: That's actually fair.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Can't believe we didn't get a yes for that. I thought for sure they'd be able to figure out a compromise between the two.
Speaker 3: I honestly didn't think it was that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, I mean, I agree with him that people should be able to just be on a date, for sure, but like there was no middle ground for either of them, right.
Speaker 6: I mean, she was a little bit stressed out being away from her cat for the first time. That's under sorry dog for the first time. That's totally understandable, and it's also understandable that he wants to have a girl pay attention day. But you know, in strange, confusing times like this, I'm just so thankful that we have Alexis to help us make sense of everything.
Speaker 2: What would you guys do without me?
Speaker 6: And that I know Alexis share your wisdom. Please? Why is the dating world like this right now?
Speaker 2: Because people are people and that's how deep.
Speaker 3: She just peopled so hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel so much better now, thank you.
Speaker 12: Instead of emailing us Abrik and Jefferys, just email Alexis second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I email.
Speaker 6: Whatever you gotta do, Gross, just reach out to the show in whatever way, and Alexis can save you in your dating.
Speaker 3: You don't have a success yet, but she will.
Speaker 6: It's gonna happens.
Speaker 7: They didn't say no.
Speaker 6: Manifest that positivity and go check out all of our podcasts wherever you get yours a broken Jeffrey Brook.
Speaker 8: And Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: We all say things in life that we later regret, Like three weeks ago when I complimented Brooke on her shirt. She has worn it into work now every single day. Since then, you don't like it, I'm saying I regret saying it. And one of our listeners also wishes she could take back what she said eleven months ago to a guy she went out with. It took her almost a full year to realize her giant mistake.
Speaker 4: I can't wait till you apologize in a year.
Speaker 6: We'll see if I come to that conclusion. We have to decide is she worthy of another chance with this dude. We'll find out what she said in your second date update next.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date updates.
Speaker 6: In terms of the amount of time it takes between the first date and the second date, what do you think is optimal? Like three to four days, at least a week.
Speaker 7: You don't want to go back to back?
Speaker 6: Maybe two weeks? Is that pushing it too long? I think okay, Because for our listener last.
Speaker 7: You're like out of town.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's delicate though, because you don't want to lose the momentum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the hard part.
Speaker 6: Well, for our listener, Amanda, she's going on eleven months.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, I mean, do we need to tell her to move on at this point?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Hold on, because she says she has a good reason for that. Okay, so let's talk to her. Amanda, thanks for being on with us. Start at the very beginning here, tell us who is this guy and how did you meet him?
Speaker 4: And how do you remember his name after eleven months?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 6: Yes, he waited eleven months to get back together.
Speaker 5: With Well, his name is Jordan, so you know, it reminds me of basketball, so I cann't forget him.
Speaker 4: Wown, this is nuts. Eleven months ago, you went on a date with this guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 6: And where did you meet him?
Speaker 5: I met him on hinge okay, and she was very nice, like our interactions were kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Actually, are you sure you're remembering right since it was so long.
Speaker 5: Yes, because usually I won't go on a date with them unless they're funny.
Speaker 6: Okay, checks nice and kind of funny.
Speaker 7: I know you find out he was funny.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't match people whose prompts are all serious.
Speaker 7: That's actually yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't want to be with someone who was.
Speaker 6: Born Okay, what did you guys do for a date?
Speaker 5: So what we ended up going on a car every day and yeah that's my thing.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 7: Then that's good.
Speaker 12: Because sometimes if I from a guy's perspective, if a girl says coffee date, that means I want to be very slow.
Speaker 7: I just want a quick, fitt high and.
Speaker 3: By I always feel like it.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if you're hot from your picture or let me see you in the daytime.
Speaker 5: Well that's the face time. But we've moved past that. So okay. We met up, and I kept thinking, like, honestly, like I don't know if this guy is in my league, Like there was something.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, like in a good way or a bad way?
Speaker 7: Yeah, under your league.
Speaker 5: So I know those sounds like maybe stupid, but I just thought he get dressed better, like I didn't really like his stal.
Speaker 12: You know that's actually really I actually have friends, and I'm sure I'm in the same boat where like you realize, we don't really know how to dress.
Speaker 4: Up than the way we always Here's the thing, clothes are always fixable, that's.
Speaker 5: True, I know. But I made a comment about the crocs and I'm like, I don't know about that cross.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think it's nuts to show up to a coffee days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all the same.
Speaker 5: It's just I'm a weirdo. But I guess I was being judgmental because you know, he was so humble and nice. I'm like, get out of your head, like it's the style. I'm like, I can fix him, but I don't want to come in like, hey we need new wardrobs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, second or third date? So I mean, like the bond that you had with him, like personality wise, did you feel that?
Speaker 5: So? I don't know. I just didn't feel like the spark, you know, like the fireworks you know when you meet someone you're like, oh.
Speaker 4: I thought you've been pining over this guy for the last eleven months.
Speaker 3: You didn't even like him the day you hung out with him.
Speaker 5: So here's here's like what happened. So basically, at the end of the day, we gave each other a hug and he was following up with me, texting me at a whole bunch, and I just felt like I didn't want to lead him on.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's that's actually really kind of you.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Well, what did you say before we start praising you how kind you are?
Speaker 5: I just said I didn't feel as smart, like we can be friends, but like no romantic interests.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, and how do you take it?
Speaker 5: I think this is why I can't get him out of my head. I think because he just says, I think that you're a great woman and whoever ends up with you as a lucky man. And his response was just so gracious that like almost made me cry, touched my.
Speaker 4: Heart so that he was nice and not mean at the end.
Speaker 6: Being rejected specifically, that's got to be hard for a guy to be like, Oh, you don't like me, but you know what, I wish the best for you.
Speaker 2: That's top three most common responses.
Speaker 5: When I've done before with other guys, they just react so like immature and they honestly like try to get me harder, they start texting me more. It just makes it weird and awkward.
Speaker 6: Really try no, if it's me, I'm just giving your number to one of those like scam call centers and having them spam you.
Speaker 7: I was more than crying about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not going to try to fight for Yeah, well you reject me, then I'm going to get you a million scam calls.
Speaker 7: It looks like I got thirty percent off your internet.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: She just said you were There was no spark it wasn't even.
Speaker 6: Oh, excuse me, you don't have to double down. That hurts, But it's nice that he was so gracious with you. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And it should be expected. Honest.
Speaker 6: So that happened. That happened eleven months ago, and now you're reaching out to us, like, I don't understand what's changed.
Speaker 5: I just can't get him out of my head. He's like looking there like super glue. So I don't know. It's like kind of awkward to like reach out. I'm kind of shy now and I feel bad for rejecting him. So I really need some help because I feel like I was kind of judgmental. That makes sense, and I'd love to go out with him again.
Speaker 4: I mean, it is going to be hard to come back from saying there's no spark, Yeah, right, Like it means you're going to have to put in a little extra work eleven months, Like do we know if you're single?
Speaker 6: It's POSI, Well, we need to call him to find out. This is definitely different than what we would normally do in this segment.
Speaker 7: But this person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll call Jordan and be like Amanda has decided to slum it and go down a level from where she normally would date to go out with you one more time.
Speaker 2: Got rid of those crocs.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, we'll see what he has to say when we do your second date update after this.
Speaker 8: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 6: They say the best things in life take time. That's true, like an aged bottle of wine, medium sized wheel of Europe. He and she oh, Jeff putting together a dresser from Ikea with just two of the legs missing.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I still have extra screws.
Speaker 6: And of course finding the right person to date, not just a good one, but the right person. And it's taken our listener, Amanda eleven months to come to the realization that that guy could have been the one in the coffee shop the day that she rejected him.
Speaker 7: You know what else? They also say, jeff, timing is everything. Yes, maybe they needed a little eleven month break.
Speaker 6: So it's possible all the things could align. The timing could be perfect today because she wants us to help her get a second chance with Jordan.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it's sweet.
Speaker 4: I think it shows that you have a lot of growth from eleven months ago. You know, like months ago, you were judging somebody's clothes, not you today.
Speaker 5: Right, No, I'm not as superficial broke. You're right, but I need you to help me work my magic. Like I'm in a vulnerable say, I'm lonely and I just missed Jordan, and I just think that you guys can help me.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, we're willing to do that. I'm just glad that we're talking to you over the phone so that you can't see what Brook's wearing and be able to judge it like.
Speaker 12: You actually wearing crocodiles on her feet.
Speaker 4: I will say, I love the houses like this is. I've done better.
Speaker 6: We've matured from that immature girl that she was eleven months ago. She can't even see and she just.
Speaker 5: Knows I have zebra pants on.
Speaker 7: So it's like you guys are like a zoo together. Wow, Joe, exotic bro.
Speaker 6: I love this bonding time that we're having. But we got to call Jordan here and hopefully he picks up. I'm gonna dial his number right now here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Jordan?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes, you may ask.
Speaker 3: It was such a dad joke.
Speaker 7: Ask you just.
Speaker 6: Having normal conversation.
Speaker 7: He can ask you.
Speaker 6: This is how Bros conversation. Yeah, okay, well, thank you for politely asking that. To answer your well, if you're still there to answer your question, we're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: In the Morning with high brow comedy.
Speaker 10: Okay, and what is this in regards to?
Speaker 6: Oh, this is actually in regards to a woman who's been trying to get a hold of you. Well, actually she has been trying, yes she has.
Speaker 7: It's the usual.
Speaker 6: Not sure if you'll remember this is a woman named Amanda.
Speaker 11: Uh, you know there's a lot of Amanda's that's right.
Speaker 6: Fair, Okay, Well, this this is a woman that you went on a date with eleven months ago, like a.
Speaker 10: Year ago, eleven months ago?
Speaker 11: Copy date?
Speaker 6: Uh, I'm probably get to bed.
Speaker 10: Was it like a hinge date?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh she did tell us that.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, I think I yeah, I remember Amanda.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we grabbed coffee right a long time ago.
Speaker 6: That's right. What else do you remember from your time with Amanda?
Speaker 3: It's probably wasn't much time since it was just coffee.
Speaker 10: But honestly, I just remember her ditching.
Speaker 4: Be Yeah, what do you mean, like when she said she didn't want to see you again?
Speaker 7: Oh that Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Like, I mean I've been turned down before, so you know, I'm kind of used to it.
Speaker 10: Oh buddy, Uh definitely was expecting this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, can I just tell you, Jordan's the thing that really stood out to Amanda out you was how graciously you handled her rejection over text. Okay, you said something like you're an amazing woman. Whatever guy ends up with you, he's going to be so lucky, and you like just wished her well.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, you know what, I think I wrote that with Ai.
Speaker 6: Actually, oh wow, it was a good it was good feedback.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea to put that day.
Speaker 6: I first I had quick on my feet still for Amanda, it was a big moment, and you know how like sometimes women aren't as emotionally mature as us men are. The case, she has taken all this time and realized that it's possible she made a huge mistake in turning you away, which is kind of sweet.
Speaker 1: Maybe she said that yeah, yeah, basically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she actually has even said she's really been thinking about.
Speaker 3: You a lot.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 11: I mean, honestly, I don't know what to say. This is like the third time that's happened this year.
Speaker 6: What what do you mean what's happened?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 11: I again, I'm used to rejection, you know, so weirdly enough, a lot of these girls they reject me, end up call me back say like, hey, maybe we should get another shot.
Speaker 6: Woah, this isn't the first time.
Speaker 3: No, are you complimented by it?
Speaker 4: Or is it like almost kind of a backhanded compliment?
Speaker 10: You know what I mean, I'm more surprised than anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like, how do you take that personally?
Speaker 6: Or you Well, if you want to be the most surprised, here's a shocker for you, because Amanda is on the other line right now, listening to this entire conversation, hoping to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Amanda's surprise, surprise, it's to me. How are you.
Speaker 6: Exciting?
Speaker 10: I'm good. Good to hear from you again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're excited to hear from me.
Speaker 10: Uh, I mean it's been a while, you know. Uh, it's definitely a surprise, you know.
Speaker 5: I feel so awkward. I feel like I'm stuttering and like I don't know. But yes, I'm very nervous to do this, and I'm glad that AI was able to help you out. But there's no AI. Yeah, I mean, you know, thinking about his words before speaking. So it's not like me like I just kind of was impulsive and was superficial. But I hope that we can maybe see each other again.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure that whoa why are you like asking me out? Or is this is this? What this is?
Speaker 5: I mean I needed their help. Yeah, it might be like a little crazy. It's been like almost a year, right, and maybe you can have amnesia and dementia about what happened in the past.
Speaker 6: What a nice to want? So that was a lot, Jordan. I know that she kind of dumped on you there, But you have anything that you would like to say back to Amanda or ask your AI what to say.
Speaker 11: Back to be honest, A man, it's been a while since I've seen you or seen your picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: One way that I really jogged my memory is, h do you.
Speaker 10: Still have that nice but what.
Speaker 7: You didn't swap it out?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, so I was just telling them about these zebra pants that I'm wearing, and I could potentially send you a selfie if you's lying.
Speaker 2: Work for do zebra pants make it look bigger?
Speaker 6: It's like an optical illusion.
Speaker 5: Ask you for a friend, you know, I messed up. So I'm kind of like, you know, clean slate here, I come right, Zebra.
Speaker 3: The clean slate includes picks. So it's like you're a winner right now, Jordan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jordan, she's she's apologetic for how she treated you. She's still got the same features and all the things that you liked from the first time you met up. So at this point, we'd like to offer to send you and Amanda out on another date, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 4: At this point, I feel like we're interrupting a date on the phone right now.
Speaker 6: I know, Saucy, but Jordan, it's up to you.
Speaker 11: I mean, if she's cooled me seeing the other two girls they rejected me and her being the third, I'm open to that.
Speaker 6: Okay, the hair on the rejection, Amanda, Now the ball's in your court.
Speaker 5: Heavens, No, you know this was nice, But now I cannot handle that. I'm too jealous. No way, I want you to.
Speaker 4: Ma's going to be a little competition for you, you know.
Speaker 10: See if you know a way?
Speaker 5: Hoh say, I'm not that desperate?
Speaker 6: Are you ditching him?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 6: Twice in one year?
Speaker 5: I was just hoping that we could be at just one on one monogamous not you know, a trio.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, we're missing it.
Speaker 12: Well, hey, come up with a good AI goodbye to her, and she'll probably call you and yes, I.
Speaker 3: Know you'll have six leftovers.
Speaker 11: I guess I'll type one up and i'll say it to you later, Amanda.
Speaker 6: Check your text message.
Speaker 3: Day. My god, he's like the rejection king.
Speaker 10: I hope you will have a nice life and a nice day.
Speaker 6: Oh your melting hearts right now.
Speaker 7: Jordan's hang up so we can all call him back.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: I think the lesson that we all learned from that is you can let a nice butt in zebra print walk away and still be gracious about it.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah, it was a good lesson. It is shocking that she was so surprised. Yeah, I'm worried about her choice and people to go out.
Speaker 3: They're ye so rude.
Speaker 6: It would yeah, totally, But it would be funny if she does text him though, in like a couple of weeks or a couple of minutes after that call ended, just to like give him a third chance.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's going to go on one more date with a guy that's a jerk. And then yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: But the way they were flirting on the phone for a minute, I thought for sure they were going to go out with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I thought it was a yes before we even ask. I know, maybe we should have stayed out of it. Maybe that's the problem.
Speaker 6: It was yes, he just said to the team she said no. But that's the thing about love. It's weird and unpredictable sometimes. And you can find lots of weird love by listening to our podcast on YouTube, on TikTok, Spotify. That's right, Yeah, all of our episodes a second Date update are there at Brook and Jeffrey, designed for your ocular pleasure.