Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Right you ready, when you're ready.
Speaker 3: Let's get it all. How's it going, everybody?
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific, three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific, six Eastern.
Speaker 3: Well, it's Tuesday here on the show. And you know what that means.
Speaker 1: We have lots to talk about and no, I'm gonna talk about Oreo today. There's actual real news I want to deal with. Any of that that happened yesterday should be stricken from the wreckers, stricken from the archives. Yes, we have a lot of actual important news involving pro wrestling and get into today. The least of which is the end of the draft. The draft is done and we have x number of guys on Raw, x number of guys on SmackDown.
Speaker 3: A large number of.
Speaker 1: Whatever they call them free agents, which you know, originally the idea of the free agent was you could go anywhere. Now apparently it just means like you haven't been drafted yet, so like you get to negotiate whatever. But there is one actual free agent who can go anywhere, and that is Rock Lesner. But what we're gonna do today instead of saying like who got drafted where, who got drafted where, blah blah blah, I'm just gonna give you the full Raw roster and the full SmackDown roster. That'll make it easy. So we'll talk about that as well as the Raw report from last night. We have got the lineup for NXT which is coming up tonight, which is gonna be a very odd show going forward because in fact, they called up a ton of people from NXT and so presumably that means, you know, since the place has been stripped of talent, we're gonna have to get new talent coming up from wherever. So we'll tell you about the lineup for the show tonight, which will probably be one of the last appearances for a lot of different people, and then the rest of the news as well. We've got Cody talking about Roman Reigns and their new idol belt. We have got ratings for SmackDown and Rampage. We have got the aew all in at Wembley Stadium. What it looks like so far in terms of how many tickets have been sold and plenty more so back in the moment to kick it off, Wrestling Observer Live in the show Brian Alberrez here Wrestling Observer Live mixcept for bb also Wrestling Observer dot Com. I did that whole opening segment. I had no problem just moving on. But God, I mean, this is in the nice way possible, Mike. I just see your face and I just get angry. But everything that happened yesterday hearing this program, you were dancing and jiving, just having the time.
Speaker 2: Of your life.
Speaker 1: But you know what made me happy?
Speaker 3: You know what made me happy? What where are you? Why are you on that chin with today?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't make me happy. As I looked at the chat here and I've seen that people are starting to turn on Oreo. They're starting they're starting to see him for what he is, which.
Speaker 2: Is of people by you.
Speaker 1: They see him for what he is, which is a kleptomaniac blow hard. Oh oh you don't. You didn't know, As ro Dog would say, yeah, my plaque gone. So you know what that means. I mentioned to Filthy yesterday. So in the last in the last six weeks, I have literally had the Black Label Pro Tag Team Championships put in my hands after I won, and they were taken from me. Now I had my plaque that I earned in my hands and now this fat whale has taking it away from me and I don't know where it's at.
Speaker 2: So you know what that says to me? Brian doesn't say a lot about paper O sour Brazilian jiu jitsu because you couldn't even take down the whale that you gave a big hug too, Right.
Speaker 1: Brother, I got locked out of the room.
Speaker 3: What do you want me to do?
Speaker 1: I got locked out of the I got locked out of my own studio by a whale who then grabbed my little gimmick, not that one and uh and made off with it. So anyway, hey, I'll talk more about this later, but let's talk about the news, because got some moves though, we've got We've got two, we got the draft Ron SmackDown and uh, you know, yesterday during the show with Dave and it was like I was gonna read who went where, and then he wanted to read like what the top names were here and there? And at the end of the day, it's like, okay, everybody, let's keep it simple. Here is the Raw and Smell rosters Raw Akir Tazawa, Angel Apollo, Cruz, Braunze, Strohman, Bronson, Reed, Chad Gable, Cody, Damian Priest, Dexter Loomis, Dominic Mysterio, Drew McIntyre, Eric Finn, Baler, Giovanni, Vinci Gunther, Umberto Ivar, j D. McDonough, Jinner Mahal, Johnny Gargano, who in facted get drafted. Someone told me that he didn't, but he did, Kevin Owens, Gophy, Kingston, Leude, Big Kaiser, Mosey and Mansois Matt Riddle. The miz Odyssey. Jones has been called up to the main roster. Otis Randy Orton, Ricochet, Riddick Moss, Robert Rude, who is in fact still employed our Truth, Sammy Zain Sanga Yeah you heard me right, Sanga has been called up to the main roster. Seth Rawlins, Shinske Nakamura, Chompa Verer and Xavier woods.
Speaker 2: Least I know Bobby roots out with a neck.
Speaker 3: Where's he's got a hip?
Speaker 2: Intry?
Speaker 1: Hip intry for the women on raw, Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Candice, Carmela Chelsea Dana Brook, Emma, Indy Hartwell, got Tona Chance, Caden Carter, lib Morgan, Natty, Nicky Cross, Piper Niven, Raquel Rhea, Ronda Rousey, Shana Basler, Sony Deville, Teagan, Tristradi, Zaie Lee, Zoe Stark, and then Maxine and Valhalla are also on raw okay, by the way, before I go to SmackDown, I don't know if you guys knows or not. That's a big roster SmackDown. For the men, it's a j Angelo Dawkins, Ashanti, the Adonnas, Austin Theory, big Ee, Lashley, Bray, Wyatt, Butch, Cameron, Grimes, Cruise, del Toro Edge, Elton, Prince, Grayson Waller, Jay Usso, Jimmy Usso, Joaquin Wilde, Carl Anderson, Carrying Cross, Kit Wilson, l A. Knight, Luke Gallows, Montes Ford, raymas Sterio, Rick Boogs, Ridge, Holland, Roman Reigns, Santos, Escobar, Shankley, remember Him, Seamus Solo, so CoA Top Dolla, and apparently Uncle Howdy. And for the women, it's Alba fire Aleah Oscar b fab Bailey, Bianca, Charlotte Dakota iladn Eo Sky, Lacy Evans, Mia Yim Scarlett Shatzi, Temina Zelina, Pat McAfee, and Paul Haymon. And that is the SmackDown roster.
Speaker 2: How about the NHT roster.
Speaker 1: Now, we also have these free agents, Baron Corbyn, brock Lesnar Cedric, Alexander, Dolph Ziggler, Elias Eric Young, John Cena, Logan, Paul Mvp, ali O Moss Shelton, Benjamin von Wagner, and Zion Quinn. Okay, now, what's the point of all of this.
Speaker 2: Well, Yon Quinn drafted into free agency.
Speaker 1: Here, here is the story of all of this to me, everybody number one. And you know, we've seen how this has gone in the past. And if this were solely Triple H's show, I would say, well, you know, maybe things are going to change, but it's not his show, which was made abundantly obvious by the draft because all day Monday last week they announced that tag teams could be broken up, and then on Thursday, the Thursday before the draft, they randomly announced, well, you know, everyone's gonna be going as a unit, no one's gonna be broken up. And then on Friday. On Friday, on SmackDown, which did two point five million viewers. They told you, the viewer that this tournament for the World Heavyweight Championship can include wrestlers from Raw and SmackDown. Okay, two days later on Raw, the storyline is that Roman Reigns would like to wrestle for the World Heavyweight title, but he can't because he's on SmackDown.
Speaker 3: So, you know, Vince is all in.
Speaker 1: I think that I think I actually think believe it or not everybody. I think that what they're saying is true in the sense that if you watch the shows, you can see that the uh you know, the storylines they're doing, the consistency in storylines. I mean, Hunter is still largely doing this, but it is exactly what they've said. Vince is in there and he's doing whatever he wants, and he's making changes, and you can see the changes.
Speaker 3: On these shows.
Speaker 1: Now when I read those rosters, guys, remember the last time they had a brand split and you would watch these shows, it was like you saw the same people in the same matches week after week.
Speaker 3: And you sit.
Speaker 1: There and you watch the show and you think, are there eight people signed to each brand? Like they have no depth whatsoever? On these two rosters. Well, what they have done here and you can see from all of the call ups that they have done their intention. Okay, let me make this clear. Their intention is that there are now two shows, and they are going to do a raw show with a raw roster, and they are going to do a SmackDown show with a SmackDown roster. And they are separate shows, and people are not supposed to go back and forth, and they are patting these rosters. These are big rosters, dude. There's a lot of people available for ron SmackDown. Their intention is that this is strict. Now. Of course we've seen this a thousand times, but that's their intention. Their intention is Sammy Zay and Kevin Owens versus the Bloodline. It's oh okay, it's done. Sammy's and Kevin are on one show. The Bloodline is on another show. It's finished. Okay, this ray Dominic thing. Their intention is for now, it's done.
Speaker 3: It's finished.
Speaker 1: We did WrestleMania, we were doing whatever, it's done, We're starting new things. That is their intention here. How long they stick to it, I mean, we've seen it a million times. Ain't gonna last. But okay, if you watch these two shows and you see this draft and you see these call ups.
Speaker 3: That's the idea.
Speaker 1: It's two separate, totally separate rosters, totally separate storylines, all of that. This is the way it's gonna be from here on out.
Speaker 2: And it should be noted that the deciding match for that title will be taking place in Saudi Arabia. You know, they want that to be a big show. I'm sure they want a big match, main event. I don't know if they're going to do the tournament all in that night or how they're going to go about things, but I have a feeling that that's why that's also being that caveat was put in place, because they want to make sure they have that big match to satisfy everybody who's going to be going to that show.
Speaker 3: Back in the moment with the more Observer Live.
Speaker 1: Sometimes back in the show, Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live MI except for BB also Wrestling Observer dot Com very quickly at the end of my Twitter at Brian Albarez, he's at it again.
Speaker 3: So I'm just gonna promote it.
Speaker 1: Today is give Big Day and Whale Scout is participating. If you go to my Twitter at Brian Albarez you can get a link to the Whale Scout Give Big page. You can see all of the great work that they're doing around Bothel doing habitat restoration and Earthday work the past couple of weeks and so much more. And to anonymous, do you know what that word means? Anonymous? Two anonymous donors will be matching anything that you donate. So if you donate, for example, one hundred dollars today, you're actually donating a three hundred dollars because two different anonymous donors will match whatever you donate up to I think a thousand and fifteen hundred dollars. So anyway, if you have anything that you would like to uh toss into the hat, it's up on my Twitter at Brian Alvarez Whale Scout Give Big Day.
Speaker 2: How much for you to dance with Oreo again?
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna happen. It ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you're still pushing this thing after what happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: It was a feel good Monday, Brian, I'm trying to continue.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, I felt great when my thing got stolen. That was awesome, you know, you know it feels good. Thievery, maritime thievery. You know that's called you know, you don't Maritime thievery is called, Mike, It's called piracy.
Speaker 3: That's what I was a victim of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need some gunboat diplomacy. I was a victim of pirate legit piracy or he is a pirate, he's a maritime theb he is a pirate.
Speaker 3: You know they used to do the.
Speaker 1: Pirates when they got him. Huh yeah, look it up now today tickets went on sale for all in at Wembley Stadium, and uh, you know, you know sometimes I say to you anything, I'd like to say I told you so, but or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But now, after what happened with that whale, I don't want to do any more because I don't want to be anything like him. But I will say I will say that last night last night, Yeah, I'm making a change because I realized what a despicable, horrible thing it is to be like a horrible It's horrible. I did it to be funny, he did it to be legit. But anyway, so last night, Dave's what's your what's your prediction? And I said I'd say, you know, right around I'd say about thirty thousand be my guess, because of course they had like, you know, sixty thousand requests or whatever. And you know, if I know, if I know one thing from running a business over the years, it's like a lot of people will say a lot of things untill they actually have to pay the money.
Speaker 2: Something. Big difference between pledging and delivering.
Speaker 1: Yes, sixty thousand pre sales. I thought, you know what a safe number would be, I would say is I'd say first day about about thirty thousand. And uh, it looks according to Dave that first day sales for Wembley are thirty five thousand. Guarantees aw will have their largest ever attendance, largest ever gate before a single match is even announced. Sixty thousand pre sale codes were requested and distributed. The Clash of the Castle of It in Cardiff, w w A hit nearly ninety thousand requested in a similar presale system, and of course they did not get ninety thousand. What about I think it was some forty five to fifty or something like that. But full seating capacity of the event is unknown. But that is just first day, that's first day presale, So I think the actual on sale date is Friday, and I think they're gonna comfortably get I would say, at minimum by the time the show rolls around. I would say, at minimum, you know, fifty fifty five thousand. Are they gonna get ninety? I mean they could.
Speaker 2: But does Tony work the number?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I don't think he will.
Speaker 2: Well with class at the castle. What they claimed was let's say, sixty two thousand, two hundred and ninety six. That's what at least it shows on the always accurate Wikipedia. So if that's what they claimed, who knows what they had. But you know, with aw now, I mean you do have a long way off. Is you know, fifteen thousand too few to ask for? Because at least that puts you at fifty, which is a great number. Sounds like a great number the people on the outside, it's impressive. So I know that thing can see, you know, at eighty thousand, ninety thousand, just depending on what configurations they decide to have and how much of the field they decide to use in the stage and all that stuff. But the bottom line is it's their biggest gate. It's going to be their biggest attendance, and it's going to be a big show. So you know what the quality of the show is going to be. We'll find out later on down the line. But you know, that was a big haul for the open and you got months and months to try to draw people to it and sell the rest of those seats.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll follow it over the next couple of days and then obviously the next big day is Friday for the public on sale. Although really, you know, to me, I could be wrong about this, but aw, it's not like a WWE event where you know, for example, your mom has heard of WWE and knows of Hulk Hogan and sort of thing, and you know they draw a large casual base wherever they go. I mean, for a w and Wembley Stadium. My guess is that you know, most people that know about the show and are going to want to go to the show, they're gonna get that pre sale code. They're not gonna say, ah, let all the good tickets go, We'll do you know on Friday, will just.
Speaker 3: You know, be the public.
Speaker 1: So I would I would bet that, you know, I don't think it's gonna be like you know, thirty five thousand today and then thirty five thousand when the official tickets go on sale. I would think that, you know, this is the big early surge, and then the idea here is well, you know, keep pushing it hard, make it seem like it's gonna be this thing you can't miss. Start announcing some matches for what you would like to do for the show. Obviously we're a long way out.
Speaker 2: Start getting some travel packages going, not only for you know, possibly here, but obviously for you know, all over the European continent, to try to get people over there and make it, you know, worthwhile trip. Trying to bundle things together the best can to help people out on money, you know, when they are you know again, because look how many thirty you know, thirty dollars tickets I'm assuming you're going to be available. I'm assuming that's about the cheapest price, right twenty five or thirty bucks in all likelihood, you know, whatever that is in euros right now. But you know, you put things together like that too to try to draw people in where again, because it's not like people are not hurting for money all over the place too. So in all of the months that you have leading into this thing. Try to put some things together where you can draw people and try to add value to go into the show.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 1: You know, this person here goes. Maybe some people are waiting for matches to be announced. That's not what's happening here. Okay, whatever they're doing is whatever they're doing. This is not about the matches. If you look at WWE pre sales, aw pre sales, people decide whether they want to get the show or not has nothing to do with the matches on the show. Now, if you're talking about television, if you're talking about, oh, the show's on Wednesday, do I want to watch it or not? Well, there's an NBA game on? Do I want to skip this game to w the show? Well, what matches are there? People do make a determination for free television based on what the matches are as far as like a big event is coming to my town. Dude, look at how many WrestleMania practically sold out, and yeah, we knew what some matches, well, we didn't even know what day they were going to be on. They didn't tell us what day these matches were going to take place on until like Wednesday, So dude, they sold virtually every single solitary ticket before anybody knew what match was going to be on what day for that show. Okay, you know, yes, there have been a couple of times where you announce a match and all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: The tickets go crazy. Okay.
Speaker 1: Usually it'll be like, ah, they're coming to Seattle, they're running the Climate Bank Arena or whatever the heck it's called. Now you know, they got five thousand out and then all of a sudden, Johnsena returns to televisions, gonna be in Seattle. Then boom, all of a sudden, two thousand more tickets go. The only time that I can remember recently were an actual match was announced and moved a ton of tickets was after Montreal when they announced I forget what where they were.
Speaker 3: It might have been Winnipeg or something like that, but.
Speaker 1: They announced, we're doing a Roman reign, Sammy's a championship match at this house show, and all of a sudden, kaboom, they started selling a ton of tickets. So outside of that, I see no, I see nothing of late where things are going all right, but hey, now we're gonna start announcing matches and people are gonna start buying tickets that's not the way people do things for live events nowadays. They want to go to the show, or they don't want to go to the show, and I.
Speaker 2: Think it also, I mean, it can also depend on the event. But like with russell Mania, it sells itself, you know, the weekend sells itself, all that sort of stuff, even if you're not sure what and when the matches are going to be on the show. And I think that's going to be the same way here when it comes to this show at Wembley, because again, look at the I assume it's going to be a complete spectacle. You know they're going to go. Look, they got Wembley, they got Wembley's, so they're obviously you know, aiming big here. So I don't think it matters necessarily what's on this card. And I don't think you're gonna be able to advertise anything that's gonna be able to move any tickets, you know, any volume of tickets, even if he announce a crazy match like okay, Jamie Hayter and Julia and Julie's going plack to the place that she was born and challenging Jamie Hayter used to be. You could build a whole storyline around that, and wrestling fans would love it, and it makes sense. It's probably not gonna move all Tonto tickets, and I have a feeling that most of the other matches are going to be obviously known way before that time. So again, this is about the spectacle, it's about the event. It's far less as far as the matches are going to be on that show. I think for Bidden Dora is like that too to a certain point. Now you can't bastardize that. You can't you know, fall into a trap and rely on just the name of the show doing anything but for Bidden Doors kind of like that, because you know it's gonna be huge matches and it's a big spectacle built up on both sides that you only get once a year in North America.
Speaker 1: Trying not to look too much at the chat here today, Everyone listen. This is a great number. Thirty five thousand is a great number for a first day. It's there, it's their record, it's their ticket record, it's their gate record. I mean, if you're trying to say this is a bad number, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 3: It's the first day.
Speaker 1: Also, there's there's plenty more tickets that are gonna be sold. I mean, if they sell one more ticket before Wembley one, it's still a success. Okay, But they're gonna sell way more.
Speaker 3: Than one, and everyone's gonna go.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be good matches, there's gonna they gonna have a good time, just like it's SummerSlam. You know I'm saying some of you don't know what I'm saying, but that's okay.
Speaker 4: Back in the moment, it's over life.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: The show Bright Albarez here, Wrestling Observer Alive except for BB also Wrestling Observe dot Com.
Speaker 2: Here's that I looked in the chat. You were right, Yeah, you're right, crazy people. How about somebody just explain why thirty five thousand is a pre sale where most of your most expensive tickets, if not all of them went Tell me how that was a negative for aw Tell me how that would be a negative for anybody.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I'd rather move on not waste my time. But you know, Smack Dad had a great number on Friday, two point five million viewers and zero point six seven in eighteen to forty nine. So in this situation, unlike the last couple of years people did care about the draft, so Raw should do a good number on Monday as well, And Rampage did two hundred ninety eight thousand viewers, down twenty percent because of course, you know, it is an excuse to explain the fact that Rampage aired at five thirty Eastern.
Speaker 3: Actually it didn't.
Speaker 1: It was advertised at five thirty, but it actually aired at six thirty.
Speaker 2: Six thirty yeah, change, yeah, and then three thirty pific.
Speaker 1: They you know, they are you know they are, Mike, They're in the mud, in the mud. Well, that's what's the case here. They're in the mud.
Speaker 2: They are in the mud. If you look at Turner's commitments to the NBA and to the National Hockey League, it's just one of those things. They are now going to be moved in what next week for the fifth consecutive week, and they got to deal with the NHL into June. So do you know what goes?
Speaker 1: You know what I've learned as a father two young children, it's kind of fun to be in the mud, but not to some of these shut ins. Let's talk about Raw, or should I talk about what's on the next ten tonight and next day is Tiffany on, let's flip that coin.
Speaker 2: What's it say?
Speaker 1: It's it's a it's a bracelet, all right. Triple H came out for the draft picks, and then Paul came out, and this is where Paul explained, Roman wants this World Heavyweight championship, but you know he can't wrestle on that show.
Speaker 3: So that was stupid.
Speaker 2: They could not have framed this.
Speaker 1: Seth came out literally, Seth WANs came out as Lingerie, literally to just say, well, I guess Roman can't avoid me anymore. I was like, yeah, thanks for coming out to tell us that.
Speaker 2: So now much like Cody, the guy you know who couldn't beat Roman, now we're gonna really value this this new belt and totally we got something.
Speaker 1: We got something for you geek, don't worry, we got something for all the geeks. It's a different belt, a ripoff of an old belt. You know what the belt looks like. It might actually be the same belt did they gave to Rick Flair after that lawsuit in like nineteen ninety one when they had to make a new big gold belt because they weren't.
Speaker 3: Allowed to use the other one anyway.
Speaker 1: So Solo came out and they agreed to have a match later on tonight, which man oh man, we'll.
Speaker 3: Get to that.
Speaker 1: Cody and Brock both showed up and were told not to fight, but you know how that went. So then, speaking of things, that Vince's back because stuff just gets dropped out of the blue.
Speaker 3: Remember when Dakota and.
Speaker 1: Bailey and Io we're all having issues. Yes, they're just magically on the same page. Now, Bailey and Dakota beat liv and Roquel in a non title match, and they worked together great and they got the pin, and now they're the number one challengers for these new tag team.
Speaker 2: Titles Magic of the Drafte.
Speaker 1: Of course, I think they're on different brands, so I guess they gotta do that title match, probably on SmackDown on Friday.
Speaker 2: We'll find out after Backlash. That's when it all takes effect.
Speaker 1: Anyway, And we had Booker and Charmel out to do some picks and then Ricochet and wait till tom Here's about this Rick Shane Braun versus Alpha Academy. After Rick Jane Braun did a job on Friday, they won here sent on off Braun's shoulders, got the pin beat Alpha Academy and uh, Bron and otis together was fun because people like two big dudes running into each other. You know these two big dudes, did they ran into each other entertaining. No, they didn't slap any meat.
Speaker 3: They just ran into.
Speaker 2: Each other made a meat slapping sound. Though.
Speaker 1: Sean and Adam Pearce came out for picks. But then Brock shows up in his cowboy outfit, and uh, he says, well, Texas, what's it like to see the only real cowboy.
Speaker 3: In this state?
Speaker 1: Which was a great line, and then Pierce sends out all of security and then Brock says, could take more dudes than that total babyface line.
Speaker 3: This heel.
Speaker 1: And then Cody comes in through the crowd, and man, let me tell you something. These fans loved them some Cody, and you know who else loves them, some Cody Cody. These women, oh my god, these squealing women when he showed up, I was like, it's been a long time since we had a dude where the women squealed, but man, they were just screaming when this guy came in and he runs wild and secured, he breaks it up and he can't get to Brock, and that was their big angle for the show coming up on.
Speaker 2: SA and don't say that too loud about the women. I don't want Brandy coming out there.
Speaker 1: And you know, hell, she ain't gonna get mad at me. She can get mad at them women if she wants. What's not my fault. I'm just reporting once again, here we go. I'm just reporting a fact, and I'm the bad guy here.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Sammy and Kevin are backstage. Riddle's there, man, Kevin o' like this Riddle he's a weird guy.
Speaker 3: But they're all babyfaces.
Speaker 1: So then we have Jimmy versus Riddle, and Sammy and Kevin did the Eddy Guerrero spot with a chair, so the refijected. Jay Solo's not out there because he's allegedly preparing for his match, which we find out he actually wasn't doing. So Jimmy's all by himself. All the baby faces gang up on this poor guy beat him and they're definitely playing up these zusos. They're on Death Store with the Tribal Chief and Paul meets with Solo. Jaystorms in why weren't You a ringside Solo? Paul says he's got assignment from the tribal chief and you know what, you need to chill out a little bit. So, uh, we're gonna just leave you to your thoughts.
Speaker 2: So disingenuous and slimy, Paul Ammon, but excellent m hm, tribal chief loves you. In the background, as he walked away.
Speaker 1: And we had Bishoff and RVD out for picks. According to Bischoff, Raw gets Shana blazer. She should sell a blazer with her face on it, the Shana blazer. That's what she should do to make it. Take advantage of this. We had Miss TV with a line of jackets. Yeah, MS TV with Nakamura. MS thinks that he has a chance to win. The time actually wants to know if if Knakamura thinks he's got a chance, knakamercer just said, nah, I got no chance.
Speaker 3: Miss says I.
Speaker 1: Would be the champion. I would be a great champion. You could be a great number two. We could be Miss CA and they do a bunch of stupid stuff and Knakamura tells him that his uh, his balls are tiny.
Speaker 3: Yeah you heard that one. Everybody. It's twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: That's where isn't it. Grayson Waller's time to do all this no offense to the misms, would have a job in my company for the rest of his life. He's great doing so many things, but I don't want to see him in the ring anymore. And we've moved past Miss TV.
Speaker 1: I just watch this and I see knock him Aura out there telling that this man's.
Speaker 3: Testicles are.
Speaker 1: Small, and I think, you know I all those guys just wish you would go back to you know, TV, m A or whatever.
Speaker 2: You books.
Speaker 3: Don't want that, you really don't.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: No, Oma squashed some bloke judgment dated a promo. Are people still going to try to pretend that dom isn't the best he's ever been? By miles with this persona here Cale, Hey, MJF is like jealous of this guy's heat.
Speaker 2: Everybody deserves credit on that, but Dominick mysterio damn sure deserves his share. Could he have done it without Rhea and all that? No, but you know what, that's not what it was about. It was about putting together a unit and seeing where it went, and it has gone to incredible heights. You talk about women squealing for Cody, listen to the booze rain down on Dominic whenever he picks up a microphone, it's great.
Speaker 1: So that led to Ray Santos and Zelina versus Dom Damien and Rhea. They gave Damien the big win over Ray was South of Heaven has set up the Bad Bunny Singles match, the biggest matchup Damien Priest's career coming up this weekend in Puerto Rico, which is no holds barred. I'm sure eight hundred thousand people are going to get involved this weekend because I presume that Bad Bunny is not losing in Puerto Rico. So we got to find some way to really screw this Damien Priest fella. We had a Cody promo, he doesn't want to go to the back of the line. He must beat Brock. We had a Bianca promo where they were kind of teasing that EO might split and go babyface here, but maybe they dropped it for this show so that you'll be surprised when something happens on Friday or Sunday when they do the title match.
Speaker 2: Got them peal and.
Speaker 1: Then the main event was seth Rawlins and Solo Socoa. And it's three hours into the show and man, I don't know if it was like people had done all their singing, they got out of their system. They figured there would be I don't know what it was, but dude, this match had no heat. This crowd was dead for this match, and they're doing this stuff and Solo hits the spinning Solo and Seth kicked out and they're just like, hmm, it's like, bro, that's a guy's finish. Then he hits it again, starts pummeling on Seth from the mound and they're like, man, he got him right now, I hope he gets out. And then finally what they knew was gonna happen happen. The USO's hit the ring, there's a brawl, they send out Kevin and Sammy, and literally these dudes hit the ring.
Speaker 3: And they're out of there. They're off the air.
Speaker 1: So there was a big timing issue there at the end, and very lame ending of the show, just a it was a nothing match, no heat, stupid finish, and uh, that.
Speaker 2: Was weird everybody, That's what they were waiting for. They were all looking over waiting for somebody to run out, waiting for the USOS to run out, and then it actually happened. I am not enjoying this whole LWO thing so far. Can we get Santos Escobar and Joaquin Wild and Cruise del Toro maybe a win over someone you know. No, I'm glad that Zelina Vega. You know, yes, they threw it together because oh yeah, she's you know, of Puerto Rican descent, and we're gonna be in Puerto Rico. Sure, why not. You know, she's a part of the LWO. Give her the title shot. Great, can we get something going? So it just doesn't feel like to me we're waiting on those three guys to turn on Raymisterio at some point. I mean, Joaquin Wild and Cruise del Toro are much like Giovanni Vinci and uh and uh and now I'm gonna brain lock there, but much like Imperium they are. They have been so incredibly under used on the main roster, and I just don't understand it. You know, they are so great at what they do. Give them a chance to break out and do something. Then just be guys who lose on behalf of Santos Esco bar In Gunther. I just it drives me nuts.
Speaker 1: By the way, I also did see that Shingo Taichi match for the King of Pro Wrestling title.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which was it was.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a maybe four and a half stars or something like that. I had people saying it was like one of the best matches I saw a year. I would not go that far, but it was. It was a good match, and the story was it was the uh you basically had to the first person to get three wins over the other person was the winner. And there were five ways to win. There was pinfall, submission, knockout, ref stoppage, which okay, and then and then count out even though like a knockout and a ref stoppage, you know, but then like I think one of them actually said ko and t ko. But anyway, the gimmick was you had to win via three different means. Okay, so you know, if you pin the guy, then later you try and pin him again, They're like, no, no, no, you already got that one.
Speaker 3: Now you gotta beat him with something else.
Speaker 1: So you know, it was It was complicated, but it was not overly complicated, and to the point where you could even watch it with the Japanese commentary and you'd still pretty much know what was going on. But I thought they worked very hard and it was pretty Uh, it's pretty clever the way they did everything there. And finally at the end, ref stoppage on Shingo after man tight, you just beat the crap out of this guy, put him in the dragon sleeper.
Speaker 3: Guy's dead.
Speaker 1: And finally Romou jumped up on the apron and I was gonna throw in the towel but couldn't bring himself to do it, so the ref was finally like, all right, well, you know the guy's been dead for five minutes here, so I'll stop the match.
Speaker 3: But excellent match.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't say five.
Speaker 3: Stars, but it was excellent meck in a moment it was overlive.
Speaker 1: A couple of reminders here, if you go to my Twitter at Bryan Albarez all the information about Give Big Day, donate to Whale Scout here today. We really appreciate it, and uh, your donation will be matched by two different people. In fact, so if you donate fifty dollars, you have one hundred and fifty that you basically donated, So head up there and check it out for Give It Big Day.
Speaker 2: And Brian's gonna then funnel that money to Oreo the organ.
Speaker 3: Get out of here in take not a chance. Hate that guy.
Speaker 1: And also, you know, tonight's Brian, Vinie and Craig and Granny and Sean and everybody else show. There's a song contest and Tim is offering one hundred dollars to the winner. And at this point I got two entries, so everybody was like begging for a song contest. I want a song, cond well and enter, So anyway, you got a little time left here.
Speaker 2: Information rush art, Brian.
Speaker 1: Dude, they've had well over a week. It's like either do it or don't. I don't need to do a song contest. It's hard to push that button. So anyway, enter song.
Speaker 2: Let's showing.
Speaker 1: The last thing I need is everybody's singing on that show anyway, Brian.
Speaker 3: You are no pepper coyote.
Speaker 2: Mike, you know I am not. You're right, I am not pepper coyote.
Speaker 3: You're at best salt and pepper coyote.
Speaker 1: You know, we're out of time, everybody, but I appreciate y'all. Unlike somebody ran in yesterday to try to steal the show.
Speaker 2: With dance moves.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even a very good dancer. Quite frankly, we just just sat there.
Speaker 2: And the size of that taiale.
Speaker 3: He combobulated, is what he did.
Speaker 2: Careful you throw that thing around anyway.
Speaker 3: We're at a time back tomorrow for n XT. Talk to you next time. Wrestling Justiver life.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network