Speaker 1: What up, y'all. This is your main man, Memphis Bleak right here.
Speaker 2: Welcome to rock Solid, a production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effect Network in partnership with my guys over at Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: Big with the year Memphis. I'm blackydy niggas.
Speaker 2: Notice the difference, just more prone present, no stones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all you already know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yours truly back with another exclusive of rock Solid podcast. Like I tell you, when you see people sitting on this platform, it's two things.
Speaker 1: One they my brother. Two they definitely solid.
Speaker 2: And this man to the left of me right here, welcome Peter Guns to the building. He's nothing but solid and been a big bro to me in this industry.
Speaker 1: Every time I seen them. He gave me nothing but gems.
Speaker 2: Jewels and love to go off with and take it how I take it and let it grow on my tree to where it grow.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate you for that.
Speaker 2: One of the hip hop legends from New York, Bronx Harlem, all that shit the same to me because I'm from Brooklyn, you know. He Welcome my nigga, Peter Guds to the building.
Speaker 1: Love my brother. Let's toast one man.
Speaker 3: Come on, let me see you man do the intro to My show Man. That was beautiful. My brother, man, how you been my g man hanging in the working that's right. You know, I got these mouths, got to do something.
Speaker 1: That's right. Man.
Speaker 2: You everywhere, my nigga, you everywhere. I can't turn on the TV without seeing guds g.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's work now, man, you know it's it's the music industry is a little weird, so you got to go out there and figure it out another way. That's so fast, that's always been there before.
Speaker 2: We talk about present because everybody know what's going on present. Let's give them a refresher. Let's go back, you know what I mean. Back born and raised in the Bronx. How did the upbringing shape your musical impact, like like how you got in the game and made you want to do this music thing?
Speaker 3: Well, from a kid, you know, my mom, my parents, my moms and pops was into different types of music. Fifties mostly do they you know, we're older. So there was music, jazz music always around the house. So I'm a musician personal people.
Speaker 1: I saw that you playing the guitar, I saw that.
Speaker 3: On drums, guitar keyboards. So I was always a musician and then my I come from the other side of the game. There's another side of the game people don't know. So you got whole and then you know I was getting it in the drug game. I grew up with a household full of drug addicts. My three older brothers was on crack. One of my brothers was on heroin. So there's another side to it. So people people used to be like guns, you never talk about when he was getting in the eighties. My eighties was different from a lot of other people's eighties. My eighties was the other side of that. There's another side to that story people never talk about. So if you ever hear me talk about uh when I'm rhyming, you don't much hear me say stuff about drugs. I grew up with it, you know, cousins, everybody. I caught the other side of that, that that era. So I had a older brother in particular that if my father bought me a guitar, nigga was stealing something and my boys that was hustling outside. They'll bring shit back, but my mother keep letting them in stealing.
Speaker 1: And shit like that. Everybody had that family. We had.
Speaker 3: I had that side of the game, but eventually he couldn't still rap. So I grew up on the block where the Cold Crush Brothers was from and Idolin's Grandmaster Cast. I even named my uh my son Kaz after him. One of my son's name was Cadz because that's how much he inspired me. And I just started rapping man, you know, playing drums, rapp playing on whatever I could play, writing in Roman, and I was more on the I was more on the ll cu J Big Daddy King because I thought street dudes that also get the girls. That's what I was, That's right. So my first rap name was Pete Love.
Speaker 1: Pete everybody had the level the name back then.
Speaker 3: So my cousins from Virginia would come up, bring guns up, and I sell a gun that they paid for two hundred dollars for six fifty this that ooh, and then eventually I got caught, and when I came out, man in my buildings said you can't be Pete Love no more. You pee a gun, m on it and the rest is history. But yeah, so musically I'm a musician. Once she started popping, I started buying instruments again and playing my instruments and you know, and getting it going. But it's impossibly to be where I'm from.
Speaker 1: It not rap.
Speaker 3: It was just impossible, cold crust for dead furious five, all all the early, early on. Because I'm fifty seven, so I was right there, right, I was on the I was right under those guys.
Speaker 1: What music.
Speaker 2: Hip Hop was only six seven by the time hip hop is only sixty. So you watch the birth of hip hop literally from the Bronx from your from the back of the.
Speaker 3: Building on my block burned down and sept mine, so you would. People don't know that.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like I remember the Bronx.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Bronx was a bunch of abandoned lots, abandoned buildings. If you ever burned down cars, all of that. When I was a short if.
Speaker 3: You ever google the President Carter when he came to the Bronx, that's my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: He's standing there, it's right, damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: And it's all burned down and he was like, I can't believe this is New York or America. Yeah, but you know the crazy thing is still with all of this stuff, I'm telling you, still had an amazing time, amazing life. I'm built for anything from hard times. There's nothing that could happen to me that I'm not built for.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's what.
Speaker 3: And it was only going up, it was only up to go. It's nowhere. It's no further than this. So my moms and pops are the best they could do.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: And I'll come from a huge family, a big family, so we did. You know, everybody wanted to be with us, even though we might've been the poorous, and yeah, it was the fun to be around us. So just you know, you take those things and you and you turn those stumbling blocks into stepping stones. It was my mother used to say, you turn the stumbling and that's what we did.
Speaker 2: That's a fact, man, That's I tell a lot of people, man, poverty produced some of the most talented people in the world. Because you knew, I didn't want to live like this. This ain't this ain't the way, so I have to figure something out and this is what all we had, and all we had was us. So being from hip hop, man, the birth of hip hop, it's so much history in the BX. How did you and Lord Tiq link up? Like how that relationship started.
Speaker 3: I was in this crew of the gun Runners. Literally, yeah, these niggas was nice.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you. You can ask kissing them. They always say gun Runers, gun Runner, Swiss beats. They fucked with us hardest before they came out. They was listening to us. You know, I'm holding in them.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: So we was like Wu Tang before Wu Tang the same plan.
Speaker 1: We all got seven of us.
Speaker 3: We all gonna go and I'm just gonna lead it to another story is the truth. We all gonna go out and we're gonna we're gonna do this album together and we're gonna all get separate deals. And I want to say Wu Tin came out and just took the put the depend in the fucking balloom because everybody went back to selling cracking niggas like nah, they already did this, But Tarik, it was already seven of us. And my sister came home one day said, my boyfriend rap he want to he want you to hear me, want you to get down with y'a. And I was like, oh man, there's too many niggas in this group already. And then when she told me who he was, I said heiny down with the money boss players, and she was like, yeah, but he wanna he want to rock with y'all too. We want to rock with you, So I said I One day, I was in my room, he came in. I pressed tape I had. I had a beat tape going, and niggas started rhyming. I said that nigga better than.
Speaker 1: All of us.
Speaker 3: He and I went downstairs and told my niggas, you're my sister boyfriend? Is that night brought him down? You know it was family since he him and my sister married man, grown kids, grandkids. Yeah, so they still together.
Speaker 2: Yo, that's dope because I was about to say, your sister boyfriend, y'all rap group, I know toy you was like you better not.
Speaker 3: Nah, I'm not that nigga. But one thing I don't do. One thing I don't do is watching a nigga doing I'm too busy working mind.
Speaker 1: But that sister love man. You know, we died for our sister, of course, but yo, you're a hypocrite.
Speaker 3: Guns, come on my nigga, somebody else.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely yo.
Speaker 3: So what I what I tried to do is I'm on this side of the hotel here on that side of the hotel. The tall bus is the tall bus. But yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: Listen, my sister came to me, she gonna kill me for this bunker. Fuck Whatjerik doing? What is he doing on the road.
Speaker 1: I know that that's what's supposed to.
Speaker 3: What I'm supposed to say, Oh, he fucked.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know. That's the part. I don't know. I was never I don't know.
Speaker 3: But you're dealing with a rock stars, so you should use your common sense. That's what I wanted to say, use your common sense. But now you know what. They was young, We were young, and we was taking you camp, and man, you go from we went from flat broke to just now ten thousand in this pocket ten because you back in.
Speaker 1: The days they paid you in cash more broad.
Speaker 3: And that's what took me to read so long to work the album, because we was just new money and every lost focus a little bit.
Speaker 1: Every every artist I think that happened.
Speaker 2: I think every one of us got that story of the new money I made it.
Speaker 1: I don't gotta work no more. This is everything I worked for.
Speaker 3: Your nigga, We go on the Times Square so you can see these niggas go crazy when I walk out dumb shit like that. But yeah, so that and you know something that you gotta remember, I didn't get onto late in life, So you gotta remember I was twenty six or twenty seven when the record came on, Like i' that's what I was ramised since nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna talk about.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about de y'a vou man in that record, like and it the impact? Did you foresee did you think when y'all made that record that it was gonna do what it did?
Speaker 3: Hells no, hell don't know. We'll be honest with you. I thought the record was a local bronx. If if just the bronx of you know, in the clubs, that'saw all I saw, because you gotta remember, it's really about New York the bronx. The bars is twenty something bar rap bars, the hook is sixteen bars, and it's about an area. So who would think a record like that met not at all? And it was just a chance. Let me tell you some Tarik true story. Tarik kept saying, nigga, ain't your Iron't your I ain't We went to the Grammys.
Speaker 1: With this one.
Speaker 3: I used to be like, Nigga, boh, I'm working on some pop shit over here, because you know I'll be a Tika totally opposite. I'm playing guitar on my ship. I'm like, this is this one, ain't it? We gotta keep going. He was like nine. I was signed already when I went to Tarika, and I was already signed The Shock when I made that record.
Speaker 1: So we'll get ja.
Speaker 3: So no, the answer to your question is no. And to be honest with you, it was a chant that I used to say, skate Key the tunnel and everything because Brooklyn and Harlem be ham Boklyn. So I'll say, yo, if it wasn't for the Bronx, just rap shit and y'all go uptown, Nigga, that's gonna be our reframe. Ky say yo, you know that ship used to do eskate Key put that in this and that's how that shot.
Speaker 1: Damn. That's yo, Bro, that hook is known. I don't give a fuck. If you go from here, you could be in Bangle It Dash somewhere.
Speaker 2: That song coming on in the club, Bro, I done been everywhere in this world and that song is playing.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you why, Glad you said that. I kept talking about the localness of it, right, Tommy Mattolin them called me to the office and said, guns, y'all stuck at gold. They won't go no high and gold. You want to go platinum, the whole platinum. Do a hook for every state and do these countries for me. M I was like, fuck no, because I'm the nigga singing the New York niggas got crazy game. So then I gotta go La niggas get crazy loop. If it wasn't ain't scared. I had to do that shit for two days straight, singing that shit. Two days. We're gonna send you a bottle. We're gonna send you this. The sent so I'm in the studio singing for London, this place, and when. But he was right, as soon as that happened, sure where everywhere. Yeah, So that's why they know it because it's versions for every area in the world. Lll who J was like, my nigga, if you do that, I'm not gonna speak.
Speaker 1: To you again.
Speaker 3: He wanted the authenticity of it. He's like, don't make them met you fucking So he called me said, Yo, I just heard her LA version. That shit almost crashed my car.
Speaker 1: Fuck you too, my niggas. Yo, So you said you said Shaq, I was gonna ask you.
Speaker 2: Shout out Shaquille O'Neill man, one of the most dominant forces in NBA history, could never be denied.
Speaker 1: Historic ballplayer.
Speaker 2: Everybody wanted to be as big and dunkish like Shaq.
Speaker 1: Straight up. How did that relationship happen again? You know?
Speaker 3: Shout out to Lord Tarik was signed over at in the Scope and in the Scope told Tarik, Yo, we want you to go to Orlando and work with Shaquille and Nil help and write some stuff whatever whatever. Shout out the oh, yeah, So he went to He went to Orlando, and he didn't do like a lot of niggas. Nigga got and say, yo, I could pen some stuff for you. But my brother Guns, he do pop stuff. He do stuff like he do the clean she's nasty. You gotta bring him out here. The shot called me and say you know he had shot on the phone, Say yo, flying you out tomorrow. Shot to Frank Edwards and Hassan and all the people that I was involved with that. So I called, I called my po So I got a job, but I gotta go out of town. Ain't going because I was on probation for a gun charge. I was on probation and I had a job at a dry cleaners because they was like, get a job or you going back. So I was working at a dry cleaners and I called my PO, trying to be honest because I know I was gonna be gone. I said, yo, listen, she killed on Neil just called me. She said, yeah, Prince and Michael Jackson's performing at my Mitzvhelle got here.
Speaker 1: Stay here. If you go, I'm locking you up and you get back. I got on the first thing smoking later. I see later PO later.
Speaker 3: Three months linked with the big fellow pause because I know niggas gonna say that we thank you.
Speaker 1: But my kids.
Speaker 3: I got young kids that won't let me get away with nothing.
Speaker 2: So I'm back in the Yeah, I understand, but you ain't telling him get the rock when they was a baby, No man told him get the ball, so they better stop frying.
Speaker 3: Sometime I say ship, just so they could pause. I just said that type of ship. But when I get there, we not only did me and this dude hit it off like we knew each other forever, not only was giving him. You know, he was writing and Nigga Biggie was coming through. Jay did something here, but he came down to the to the we was in Dan Where were we when we worked with Jay? Because he didn't do his there. He did in the studio, but he came down the door an event with us, him and Dane then. But you know, if you name it, they're coming.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson, everybody, man, everybody's coming through the dou ship with shock because he was on fire at that time.
Speaker 3: So then he said we're going to China and we're going to bangle Dash. He was going to Reebok put up a thing for him and I went everywhere, came back handcuffed.
Speaker 1: Yo. It was your lady. Wasn't like how much time they gave you for the violation.
Speaker 3: No, they didn't give me no time. She just clicked click clack. You're gonna go to right because island will work it out from there. Shaq ended up signing basketballs uh, taking ball.
Speaker 1: And doing he was yo.
Speaker 3: He did everything in that and they let me out and they got let me off probation.
Speaker 1: Man, so shott him. Damn, he even got you off probation because he was shocked. God Dad Shock.
Speaker 3: Is one of those people that that's different level lick.
Speaker 1: He's still licked. He's still super different level was. Yeah, it was people with just.
Speaker 2: Was he was he He wasn't there, He wasn't Orlando PD Shock yet, right, he was just shocked.
Speaker 3: But he was always messing with the No matter where youse.
Speaker 1: Niggas don't know shot with the black the law.
Speaker 3: He locked you up Shock because the law and he with the streets. I never seen no ship like it. You don't see the most fucking villain crip in the world hanging with Shock and then you'll.
Speaker 1: See Shocked with like the chief of police. He's like, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: He always teetered the line between everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody fuck with Shock, bro. So I'm telling it don't matter who you are.
Speaker 3: Like, so they was on some groupie ship letting me off probation after they locked me up. They should, but I think it was more like it sounds.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: It sounded like, imagine nigga came your office. That's don't have two niggas to run together, have fucking on, you know, tell you o ya, I'm getting ready to go on tour with shack.
Speaker 2: You know, be like, yeah, nigga, what but my nigga. They made me male start a campaign. He had to get whole football owner, everybody had to get involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they want to make example on a certain niggas. Me, I was a nobody.
Speaker 1: If we even knew what we had to do was called shaq shit. I was just yo.
Speaker 3: Bro was just a perfect storm because it wasn't just a phone call. He liked me, you know what I mean, So that's not a call he probably would have made for everybody, like yeah, everything he could. And I left there when he got my bags on the right back to Orlando that she killed.
Speaker 1: Yo. The oh, Orlando is beautiful. I love Orlando.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't know. They think it's just they think it's just you know Disney. No, man, the oh, I love it. It's nitty. They got a major nightlife. The food is insane, the restaurants they got. Be trying to tell people, Man, that's crazy. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: Shut back to what you were saying. So the star power of a person can make anybody change. I'm gonna give you an example. Me and Trek did a song with tat Ali. It was off the same beat all day long. Dream of You was only real hit. Rodney Jerkins produced it and we was good friends with Rodney. Rodney had a group signed over with Shackle. So Rodney would call me and say, Guns, I need you and Tarika on this joint. I'm like, I'm not rhyming over that beat no more. It was our only joint. Niggas, that's all they know is for We're gonna just keep rhyming. I'm done not doing it. Called me a mad time's guns. Come on, man, she's here, she do this joint. I'm not doing it. Will said he got money for you. Do He'll throw you twenty just twenty real quick.
Speaker 1: Just not doing it, bro, Will Smith, Yeah, throw you twenty racks. Just jump on the door. You know you was getting too much money. Turned down a check from oh nigga, you know.
Speaker 3: And when I look back at some of the ship I did back then, No I'm not performing Christmas, Damn, stay in my family. They would double the money. I still wouldn't go. So when you get older, you're like, damn, what was I thinking?
Speaker 1: I know? We all been there. I told you we all I got that. We all been there, So mad.
Speaker 3: The nigga Rodney and him sending Will Smith to the studio. I'm somewhere in the studio, this nigga walking in a cowboy outfit because he's filming that movie, some cowboy movie.
Speaker 1: His worst movie ever. He was filming that. He came out a big check. But I hated it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't like it either. But the nigga came in and said, y'all need you to do this song, and I said, oh shit, Will Smith all right, and Rotteney them niggas was like, damn nigga, this nigga asked you one time you doing it, we may ask you for two months. So you know, we all with certain niggas. Certain niggas asked. She's like, all right, man, fucks Will Smith.
Speaker 2: I feel you yo, what you feel your biggest contribution to the culture has been.
Speaker 3: I'm just proud of I think the Bronx wasn't in the best place when we put that record out. You know, come on in Brooklyn, ain't gonna from Brooklyn. And the choke Hold still Queen's choke Hold still, you know, and the Bronx. It was just spurts of things and I just never forget how happy Kaz, Grandmaster Kaz and who hirking them was when they hurt the record, because they expressed to me how how much that meant to them, just to say if it wasn't just a reminder that if it wasn't for the Bronx, you know.
Speaker 1: So that's right that that.
Speaker 3: I just think the ogs, the look on their faces, the people that I looked up to growing up with Kaz and the Cold Crust brother shot out the easy a d my brother, but yeah, the Cold Crush, who.
Speaker 1: Idl that was?
Speaker 3: They was from the hood and they was you know, they were stars to us, even though nobody outside of New York probably they were back then.
Speaker 1: They the pioneers, man part of the pioneers of this.
Speaker 3: So I think that would be that song is my biggest contribution to to UH, to hip hop. I wasn't even trying to act like I had anything else that that I could say. It's like, you know, but the difference is hones switchy Man's away of life. That's right, And that's why it's like I made records. I write a song to day. I write all the time, even if I never put it out there, because it's just it's just sterocutic.
Speaker 1: I tell people that all the time. Man, it wasn't. It wasn't. We didn't start rhyming to get paid.
Speaker 2: When you got paid, it was like, oh, ship, people really paying me for this, But you just made We just did it just because it was our way to talk what we was going through, what we thought, you know what I mean. That's why I always love music.
Speaker 1: I still always continue to still do for sure, never gonna stop.
Speaker 3: A lot of people be like, Yo, you don't put music out, I said, because I don't want to give nigga something some more hate. Oh he said, Nigga drop something and nobody cared. Now I do.
Speaker 1: No, it's people that care, bro.
Speaker 2: But now I'm a firm believer whether it's one or one thousand, I'm gonna still do my thing like because one that one can tell one thousand, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I'm a firm believer into that. Yo. I'm new into this media space.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I've been watching you do your thing. You've been in this media gang. We gonna take one show.
Speaker 1: At the top.
Speaker 2: I'm not going shows at the same because this stories by or three. First of all, what was your thought process to even be like, fuck it, I'm going into the media space.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 3: I went to the eighteen one day and that shit told me to get the fuck out of broken. I won't even try to sugar coat for.
Speaker 1: You, chill, he said. I went to the AGM and that shit said, you know at.
Speaker 3: Us, you're gonna call the cops the fuck away from.
Speaker 1: Me, yo, chill. That was a good one.
Speaker 3: I've never ty to sugar yold it. I was on my back, my nigga.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be all the way one hundred with you.
Speaker 2: I remember watching when New York Love and hip Hop they announced the roster.
Speaker 1: You know, my wife she into that, you know, reality show girl ain't.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I wasn't watching this ship. I wish I would have because I don't know what I was in for yea.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, yo, all right, cool? So she like, you know any of these people? So I'm going through the list like, yeah, this is my people's, this is my people's that's my dog right there. Yeah, I know, shorty, She mad cool. This was everything cool as the show going on. Man, we ain't hang out like that.
Speaker 1: It was just a high bot there. That's my dog. I seen him in the studio.
Speaker 3: We ain't kigging like that, I'm sure. My sister was like, not really, let me tell you something, bro, And it's on a serious note. When I first did Love and Hip Hop, right, I never really watched it. I watched Monday Night football.
Speaker 1: I was like, fuck, you know.
Speaker 3: I did a scene with Rich and it went so viral that Rich said, Yo, they want you to do ornother they want they want to talk to you about your story, which your story is, but we'll get to that. But I never looked. I never it was just a way. It was no malice, and it was like, I'm gonna get Tyra bag. I'm gonna get a Mina bag. She sings, she could, she's an actor, she's beautiful, and then I could get a little money, take care of my little my mouths, my kids. So that was the original thought process. But when I went interview with Mona and them, and I did the interview on camera and I was like, listen, man, I'm really messing with this girl.
Speaker 1: I'm married to her too.
Speaker 3: By the way, so you know, they was like yeah, perfect, mean it's from Germany. So even though I was working on some management stuff. She you know, you know, I can't say too much about it. You know, she wasn't the city and all that. You know, I can't go too much into that.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: I will say this, it was when the show called me. I didn't expect the show to call me. When they called me, and I'm like, damn, some shit gonna come out that ain't supposed to come out. So, you know, me and Amina had an agreement that you know, it's to keep some things.
Speaker 1: We know why, we gotta keep it low.
Speaker 3: But you know, when the show came on, I fucked around and told Mona them the truth because I didn't want nobody else calling the show saying yo, they really Yeah, So I told him on the truth and Mona the first day of the show, they took our phones told me to go ahead and tell rich y'all married. After I told him for two months to nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, they looked at you like perfect, this is just what we needed.
Speaker 3: And the back, the back last shot I got for that first two episodes, I stayed in the house for about a month and a half. I didn't meet my house. Yeah, it was bad, and I'm thinking about everybody that's seen it, same thing you saying. I had to tell my wife found know them like that. My sisters used to call me Sunday like, Nigga, I gotta go to work tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What did you you do? Because Monday she.
Speaker 3: Got to go to work on Tuesday, and they like yeah, and the whole job is like, what the fuck is wrong with your brother?
Speaker 1: Yo? What's your legend? Bro yo? So you agend? Love you brother, I love you, watch you You a fucking legend.
Speaker 3: I just didn't think about everybody else, my friend's family and everybody else, you know. I was like, damn, I didn't think about that. My daughter got into fight to school because peoples like your father's you know that kind of shit it went. But it wasn't my intent at all. But once you're in it, there's no and they control the matter, narrative. It's no getting around that shit.
Speaker 1: They gonna chop it up and edited how they needed to be. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if me and Bleak is sitting here right and were talking about Donald Trump and I make a face.
Speaker 1: And then you say you're.
Speaker 3: Working on an album, right, They're gonna put my Donald Trump face to your album face. So that would happened on the show. People will call me be like, Guns, why you make that face?
Speaker 1: My nigga?
Speaker 3: Why the fuck would I make that face? You know how they do it. I'm arguing with Cardi B. On the show. They got tied on the stage. Tar wasn't even there, like Tomorra's making faces like like like.
Speaker 1: Like you chill. They like that.
Speaker 3: They did that. I'm not loved them for that.
Speaker 1: That's real instigating.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you this, this is a true story. I'm not supposed to be saying this. I sign a contract nothing to do that. But I will say this. That's not trying to say they made me do nothing. The ninety percent of what you've seen on Peter Guns on that show is Peter Guns.
Speaker 1: I just but listen, I'm from the projects. Were all from New York.
Speaker 2: We all got that front that that friend that you told something too. And then they see the dude and they be like, yo, son, such and such just said, when he see you, he going to do that ship you just told me?
Speaker 1: You said.
Speaker 2: That's all they did the y'all they instigated. I loved them for that. Mona's a genius.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: I went to Mona one time. Here's a good one for you. I go to Moana one time and I'm like, yo, Moana, man, all my I'm running to my pigs. The rappers made you do that show, dogging me out, and I want more money sometime. I wouldn't go to set. I need twenty thousand. Ain't gonna set whatever I started.
Speaker 2: At least you got your lady some money. Cause his niggas that put out I did some dude some bullshit. I ain't getting nobody a check.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the only thing is, I think they both would agree that's not the way you coulda got me a check when they.
Speaker 1: But I told you, this opened me up a new salon. Ye.
Speaker 3: But I will say this though, Mona showed me a real and I ain't gonna throw these under the bus, all these niggas that were telling me I should have did the show interviewing Mona.
Speaker 1: If you just give me.
Speaker 3: A shot, I promise you I'll be good. I said that that nigga told me not to do the show too chill.
Speaker 1: They asked me. They asked me to do it. I told you.
Speaker 2: The big homie was like, Nah, you don't know me. If you do it, you ain't cool. We don't fuck with each other. So I was gonna do that. I was going run with that because I clipped me.
Speaker 3: I said, pets, they watching the show up there? Shut the you know Peck was up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out pack my guy. Absolutely everybody watching. So then my wife she like, I'm never getting on TV. So I'm like, yo, I have a fake wife.
Speaker 1: She like, fucked smouse, trying to get the fake wife fat.
Speaker 3: I took it to be honest with you, Alani is going there with fake story, I know, and I made your cat. I regret not doing that because you know, I gave one. When I got there, they was like, yo, we're gonna put you in this building, y'all gonna live. I said, nah, I'm not reality. That's sure what it really is. You know, I'm not trying to front. I'm not driving nobody car, not wearing nobody jewelry. I'm not living in no penthouse.
Speaker 1: We ain't right here.
Speaker 3: That's where we live at right here. I know it ain't the best, but we're gonna show what it is. I never was wanted, I guess as I was raised. I didn't. I never like front, like, I just don't have it.
Speaker 1: In me. Bro.
Speaker 3: When it's bad, it's bad. I'm scared to say it.
Speaker 1: Can't fake it. We just make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. I don't fake it to you. I just make it.
Speaker 3: I was never gonna live somewhere or drive something that wasn't mind in front. I just don't have it.
Speaker 1: No, that's dope, man. But ship man.
Speaker 2: Then y'all remember watching, right, I never met Rich. I never met Halfway. No, I never met Rich. And it's crazy we know all the same people.
Speaker 1: Which was that bad boy like word?
Speaker 2: Uh what was my other homie name, the light skinned Cisco. I never met Cisco.
Speaker 1: We all get the straight Cisco.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry nigga Cisco saying he was down with with Rock Rock.
Speaker 2: He probably was. Remember it was a lot of departments on the rock. We had the Spanish Spanish, That's what I'm saying, all of them they speaking Spanish.
Speaker 1: I just got down with the Spanish crew.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, I never met him, right, But then y'all formed the crew to creep Squad, and I know you and I'm like, damn, I'm married now, and niggas want to make the coolest gag in the world. The Creep Squad was the I'm looking at my wife like you just don't know?
Speaker 3: That was There was a lot of flak behind that, but it was just we was boys and they can call us creep.
Speaker 1: So I said, Yo, we the creep squad. Squad.
Speaker 3: That's right, rest and it's stuck. And but here's the funny thing. I walk down the street your guns? Can I get down with the creep squad. I'm telling you what I said. You're going to tell your girl that your wife that then you can't be in.
Speaker 1: Yo. But yo, you're only married nig and the creepoo chip loud. I'm divorced. I'm divorced.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Yeah, we got divorced right now, right, no fucking way.
Speaker 1: I don't like I don't.
Speaker 2: Like bringing up listen, I don't like bringing up people personal like relationships with my brother. But we ain't even get into that. I just got a question because I never knew a twin man messed with a twin Did you ever get through confused?
Speaker 3: Like early on, look at the system, be like.
Speaker 1: What a baby? She like? Don't play with me? Early on?
Speaker 3: Early on, I asked Amana about her system and she said she's married. Said oh, in the shout out, shout out to my man Flowers, that's my guy. She was married at the time, the kid. She said, oh, she married with a kid. And then Amina was messing with God. Knew a musician and you know, so she wasn't single. But then eventually things went where they went.
Speaker 1: This is New York Shire.
Speaker 2: We don't care you single to us, nobody single. They just become available that part, you know what I mean. Everybody got somebody for sure, somebody you'd be like chick. Even was like, yeah, I ain't got no you got somebody you call and be like.
Speaker 1: We was friend be that adjustment.
Speaker 3: Me and Amina made music. She had a man at a situation at home, but we would record. She played piano, I play guitars, playing to play drums. Just write songs here and the rest. I'm not gonna sit here in front to nobody. Like I didn't think nothing was gonna happen. I knew it was just man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the music is playing, the vibes is going, we vibe it. We catching eye contact you on the keys. I'm on the guitar ship like a movie scene. It's inevitable. A man was supposed to be right there on that couch.
Speaker 3: For a long time, A long time, I was hitting him with.
Speaker 2: The a week man week, let's get off of love and hip hop.
Speaker 1: The illest shit I ever seen in my life was you on Cheetahs. It was like, what how how you? Yo? How did you become the host of Cheetahs? Where the whole world just seeing you go with crazy? Yo?
Speaker 2: That's like, that's like a niggle sell drugs, chasing the drug dealers like nigga.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who better to go after you than me? I know all the tricks.
Speaker 2: You talent on the dweam store against the very.
Speaker 1: Here's a crazy ship.
Speaker 3: I would I would, yo, I ship would come on TV Before I got on it.
Speaker 1: I turned the TV.
Speaker 3: These niggas gonna he's gonna see some models and ship. I used to be like, this show will get me fucked up. But then the host of the show died thirty years old, that man Clark Gable, Clock Gable, the third Clark Gable's grandson.
Speaker 1: Damn, I ain't know that God overdose or some crazy ship.
Speaker 3: And my manager behind my back at the time, just sent an email to the show said, you know what, I think, Peter Guns would be a good It'd be funny if he was hosting the show, and the shout to Bobby Goldstein, he's the owner CEO of the show. Went to an office in the meeting, said what do you guys in here? Thinking Peter Guns hosted the show? He said, everybody jumped up with crazy. If you could get him, lock him in. So he flew me to Dallas. We met, had dinner, and the rest is history. I moved the Dallas. I had cribbon downs to this day. So I moved to Dallas to start filming the show, and I thought it was you know what I appreciated, man, I'm glad you broke that up. What I appreciated about the show was he said, you could. There's only two rules. You can't use your your stage name. You gotta use your government name, which I hate. But I'm like, if that's the rules, because they paid me and green screen, I need you to do green scheme like.
Speaker 1: I wrote it.
Speaker 3: But in the streets, do you be who you are? Do it how you want. So that's why you see me. You my man, you don't see what it is.
Speaker 1: I'm talking streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you you caught, you caught when you come with your caught.
Speaker 1: What you doing.
Speaker 3: So the ship goes. It's on TMZ. It's all over shavings, all on the blockers, blowing up one of them. I got sued from fighting and go on the show. No because like yo, no he was cause he was getting he was he was getting aggressive with this girl and I was like, man, you can't. I have a thing about niggas here on women fact. So he was getting aggressive and she's scared. She washim behind me. Let me tell you the craziest shit. The nigga kept doing this ship. I can't make this out. I had to say this to the people in the court. He kept saying, pussy sneak. If it's just like my family gonna see this, y'all. He can't keep doing I said, bro, you can't stop that. The niggas start doing new addish cause you're a pussy stink and I can't live this way.
Speaker 1: Yo, And we like which wrong with this nigga.
Speaker 3: So the producer's pulled me to the sign and go we're not gonna even air this episode. So at that point it's green light. If he swinging at all, try to get out again, and I tossed the nigga down.
Speaker 1: Try to suit Cheetahs.
Speaker 3: Cheetahs, you can't sue because whatever you know, the trampoline parts you take your kids to where you sign your life away, even you could die on cheetahs. They not responsible. That fucking paperworkers. This stick and everybody got a gun. So when we were run down on the nigga his man to be like, Yo, what the fuck? And I'm sitting there. So one time, the first episode, I was so scared cause niggas were guns that when we had to meet, and we have a meeting after every show, I said, Yo, who in here got a gun?
Speaker 1: Nigga?
Speaker 3: The sound man, the craft man, the fucking camera man, everybody pulled their guns out. Textass was crazy, man, So Yo got after this show man cheaters, cheaters, cheaters, watching your cheaters is like, Yo, and everybody you cheated too, a nigga, what you're doing? Everybody but you said it? Man, what's bad? Who better to get you? The guy one of the tricks in the and every nigga into you, nigga, I said that one that's corny swat. They ready to go back up, they're ready to wheels up again on it. I'm like, all right, let me meg. So what bothered me. Was I went into the office after the show took off again. I said, I'm gonna need more money.
Speaker 1: Bobby. You see the fucking ratings. He said, sit down.
Speaker 3: I sat down. He said, I lost three countries two continents.
Speaker 1: Because I hired a black host. They not ready for that yet, sir, So.
Speaker 3: He lost money hiring I was a black first black host, So it wasn't when I went in there to like stick my chest out from my bag. He was like, guns man, I lost money, but I'm not gonna turn on you. We're gont he said. But by the way, put this bag on the table, mad. Now, your friends in jail love you. I was popping the jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's dope, man, that's done.
Speaker 3: Was using blood language or jail and it was for them, you know. I run, yo, my man, if you want to, we can shoot the thirty right now. And that was going so VH wanted to hit up and say, yo, it's the host using language or gang language. There was There was bugging on me, but I just throw a little darts out there. So on jail cheat everybody come home now like nigga, he cheats. Getting helped me get through the bit he was a funny nigga.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, bro, that shit is dope. You know you probably in the day room, niggas probably like nigga.
Speaker 1: Fuck that put on Cheetahs. I was hot. Then that's dope. Man.
Speaker 2: Doing all this media, being on TV and all of that. How do you move different now, like, you know, different than how a musician would move because it's different shit. We know, like it's certain crowds that like hip hop. Not everybody likes hip hop. The TV everyone who watches TV, right, So that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just puts you out there a little more.
Speaker 3: With me, I'm able to be myself more doing the TV stuff, you know, the stuff that I'm really doing, you know what I mean. Nobody's really controlling everything I do. Except I mean, they do some things to fuck you up over that, but it it's just you have to evolve. The music wasn't either out you know, I'm always do music, but maybe the audience is outgrown, Like they say, guns, won't you put new music? They want new music. Audience don't buy new music. They want to hit the hits. So you gotta do something to keep food on the table. But I move around here, yo, yo, bik. Honestly, I'm not saying this because you sitting here. Whenever I would see you interview, I'd be like, Yo, this nigga's stories is so credible because you ain't them.
Speaker 1: You funny.
Speaker 3: You paint the stories that I immediately hit you in your DMS and I hit the weather man. I said, yoh, we should do a podcast because I thought I thought just your interviews. So when you got in the space, I said, I knew it and I've been said it.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: So man, without being on that, I could see you blowing it. If you wouldn't it did it, I would have been bugging out. I would have thought, Hope said, no, nigga, you ain't doing that.
Speaker 2: No man, no, no, no, Hope don't give he don't give a ship what I'm out here doing it?
Speaker 1: Like, hey, nigga, just son't go to jail.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get that phone called hey dog, I need that bad money.
Speaker 1: That's it. Other than that, nigga, don't know where I'm mad what I'm doing. You know what I'm saying. We all yeah, don't or you don't know me. That's it.
Speaker 2: Like other than that, I'm out here moving and like I said, Man, I thank Noorri for this because he saw something that I did.
Speaker 1: I saw it too. I just wasn't in no position. Nah, I just didn't. No, No, that wasn't open. You can crack it though, No, no, get the open one. No, we don't ever want niggas think we got props.
Speaker 3: No, man, my bad.
Speaker 1: Y'all can edit that out.
Speaker 2: No, ain't no edit nothing. We don't got no props. You want, crack it, crack it?
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 3: Oh but last time I saw hole was my first season of love and hip hop. Him and Bee. Yeah, you gotta remember I knew Be too. She was on the same label.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's that's the serious one. That's not the little body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see nigga, What the put glue in this moth?
Speaker 2: No, give me give me that look the shot, that's that's you know what that is. That's called the du Say touch.
Speaker 3: You know, y'all do side Car is the best anybody out there. Try and thank me later.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you listen, if you drink vodka, tequila, anything, any drink you mixed voka or tequila with, try it one time with du Say change your life.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the darks back to us.
Speaker 3: Come on, hello, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yo, You've been public about a lot of ups and downs and stuff like that. Like you know, you're not one that shy away from, you know, keeping it real and telling people what's going on with your life. And I respect that about you because not everybody keep it transparent. You know a lot of these people get on a camera in front be somebody, They not kids.
Speaker 1: So, like, you know what I mean, how do you manage? Like what's the strift?
Speaker 2: Like you the motivation and the stript you use to keep pushing forward that maybe can help somebody else out there in the same situation, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I just just I got kids to feed. Man, I got family to take care of. So my motivation is the kids and just trying.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 3: It is a little fucked up when you you know your kids, like my kids are getting older now and they're like.
Speaker 1: Yo, why'd you do that show?
Speaker 3: Why did you you know the ones that was on the show with me? Dam why would you do that to mom? Those are the questions that you got to. That's the hard part is up seeing that now and then you know the hero was really not doing right by their mother. That's tough, but you just got to keep it pushing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm not and we joke a lot, but I'm not proud when when little kids run up on me in the street, go squad too. That's not a good example to set for man. But you know, look, don't let your kids watch it, man, just like you wouldn't let your kids watch certain things, see certain things. There's certain things they shouldn't see, and there's.
Speaker 1: Nothing you could do.
Speaker 3: I know what I know, bleak man is no matter how bad it look to people, it ain't no malice in my heart for nothing of nobody.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm not that dude. I'm gonna do that if you. I'm just a man. That's why you used to be like you always keep saying you're not a thug, because I'm not. I'm a man. You can find out I'm a mama man anytime you want.
Speaker 1: Square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm not, but I don't claim to be. I never was comfortable claiming none of that, none of that shit. Even even when the gun charge or people shooting at you and you get shower whatever. You never hear me really talk a lot about that because that's not really allowed to brag about. You know, I've done it. I've done it in the past. But a man, I play guitar, all right, ron seeing you.
Speaker 2: Man, I be seeing you killing the guitar in the ground. Man, Yeah, I get drums.
Speaker 3: And but but if if, if you push, I think any real man is gonna go do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Any real man.
Speaker 2: Watching you play the like the instruments, you know, I know God's drummers like Tony Royster. Shout out my guy, Tony Royster Junior and make me think about back of the day.
Speaker 1: I gave my shot at trying to play instrument. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I used to play the trumpet today in school, you know what I'm saying. But then the movie Mo Better Blues came out than Zel Washington, one of my favorites, and his name ironically had to be Bleak, and they hit him in the head with the trumpet.
Speaker 1: I put the trumpet away, said they had never do that to me, So then that inspire me never play the trumpet about that. Yeah, that was bleaking. They hit oh ship, I never thought about that.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you see, I should scar you man, word up shot my trumpet dreams down.
Speaker 1: Man Like, God damn dis out Holy Dawn for bleed about that.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorite movie from Spike. Lee's not my favorite. I love because I'm a musician. First, yeah, that's right, first before rapping up with I'm a musician. So I thought he was smooth. He had he had the two See see how these movies with your.
Speaker 1: Head had yo? But Yo, another thing, right.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'm gonna say this. I used to be like, they only know tiring to mean if they knew my whole.
Speaker 1: Ship, but you had to start five and no, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just saying my story is just said my ship was crazy.
Speaker 2: One thing though, man Like, we got this guy out here right in New York. We call him O g Rush right. He on everything he's he's really getting.
Speaker 1: To that super super super duper bag.
Speaker 2: He on all the little Italys people, all the little Italy's pizzas and papaya dogs, all of that, right, Yo, listen, he told me one thing that always stuck with me.
Speaker 1: Your bleak.
Speaker 2: You can't pick the family you born into, but you could pick the family you create.
Speaker 1: So you make sure you pick wisely.
Speaker 2: And looking at you no matter what you did, and all the ship we all done, dirt, Bro, you.
Speaker 1: Got two good mothers. Man, that's not easy. Bro. They're great mothers at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Man, incredible, Like, so I got to that's a blessing kids before those kids. That's why people know me from you got Corey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ko, And that's another thing. Let's get into Cory guns.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You know how they like athletes want to pass their genetics to their kids and they don't all they don't always go.
Speaker 1: That way, Like it's like, yeah, my kid ain't ship. I got. My kid is shitty. Right.
Speaker 2: We ain't got to name no names because I might want to interview their pots all day.
Speaker 1: We ain't gonnahit, I go body, but my g.
Speaker 2: You fucking birthed one of the illess lyricists in that time of hip hop, bro, and you one of the illness lyricists.
Speaker 1: So father like son to both be super super dope.
Speaker 2: How that feel to look at your son and no, damn my son killing shit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I mean, I'm super proud of who he was. And you know when he got when he was a man, so his mom's left when.
Speaker 1: He was a kid.
Speaker 3: Corey came to South seventeen. His mom, we was young, she had issues. She she left basically early, and Corey like so Corey. I raised Corey with my mother, and my mother's rules were you gonna be a father, You're gonna live with us, but you're gonna do it so all emergency room visits, all the sudden.
Speaker 1: He was with me all the time.
Speaker 3: Anybody that grew up with me, and tell you this, little nigga always had a kid with him, Wegg's little brother. So Corey would be in the studio everything. Corey was studying the best man. I only listened to lyricists, So when I saw Corey want the rap, I would give Corey projects. Yo, you're gonna do this song called Brick in the Wall by Pink Floy. You're gonna but his drugs in the wall. You're gonna say you have the drugs in the war. Just still things, patterns. I would tell him. I would put a high hat or a drum on something right to that, and then I'm gonna take it out. People wouldn't wonder where you wrote, how you what made you write that, and just long and on stilling them. But they became a point where once I got on and I got and things were left. I said, I don't want my kid to rap.
Speaker 1: It was, oh, you didn't want them to even rap.
Speaker 3: It was Treik that really kept coming to me. I gotta give Tarik props for that, props for shack. Treik kept coming to me saying, Pete man on, you ignoring this nigga man, He's nice and coming from tarikas Treka's my favorite rapper, the dead, nice voice and everything, so I would I was ignoring Corey Corey. Tarik kept pushing Corey. I didn't even see his voice was high pitched. But Tarik is such a like line owned and on skills level that he was like you sleeping on your own, son, bro, And then he started doing stuff on his own and the next thing you know, the bus came up. He just smack DVD this way.
Speaker 1: I want to say.
Speaker 3: The whole world was paying attention to call, like all the labels were calling me off the hook, and I was just like, cal this is this business could be fucked up. You don't want your kid to go through highs and lows in his business. And I was hoping to do something else, but I saw that there was there was nothing else he could do.
Speaker 1: This's what he's supposed to do. So that's how I happened. That's what's up, man.
Speaker 2: I respect that my g Damn man, Corey is a fucking assassin out here.
Speaker 1: Bro. Yeah, he's something else.
Speaker 3: I just did a song with Corey for my new project, and I made sure I did a slow record where we don't have to show our skills because I used to be a time I can hang with him, man, but this nigga is something different now method man and his son doing the project. You know, me and Corey to do a joint on it together, like he's trying to do a song with all the fathers and sons. But I definitely want to do a project with Corey, you know. That's that's on the that's on the bucket list. We always talk about it. We flirt with different songs. But right now I'm doing a project that way. I'm playing the instruments and doing you know, a lot of live music. Shoutut to my people in La Mike, Brent and Jesse and but been working on a live project. I'm dropping on my birthday January sixth oh. But it's different, It's left it ain't it ain't. It's called Billy White. I'm coming under the name Billy White.
Speaker 1: That's why that.
Speaker 2: That explains a little bit too on why you wow because you got a birthday right after New Year as soon as anybody like, yo.
Speaker 1: I'm broke. I can't go out.
Speaker 2: So crazy, right you like I got a wild out on New Year's act like it's my birthday a week before. That's how one of my homies is his birthday is two days after Christmas.
Speaker 1: Man, it was always tough.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for y'all, but I would say this, I always love. I always love. The winter was always my favorite time because Christmas, Thanksgiving, my birthday and all that shit. But more than that, the crime rate and the bronx. Try niggas must not like the cold, but the crime rate would drop in the winter because every summer I was losing two three friends and ship. So because it was rough in the bronx.
Speaker 1: Man, but serious New York City, boy, it's always people.
Speaker 3: I used to be like, I don't know why winter is my favorite season.
Speaker 1: I hate the cold like that.
Speaker 3: But somebody said, nigga, because it's the crime and I said, you're right, man, And that's what me because I don't love the cold no more. But back then it was that it was it was like, damn, at least everybody chilling.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: You text me today he was like, yo, yo, we're still good for I'm like, yeah, yeah, I'm out here in your hood right now.
Speaker 1: I'm in south of you doing I'm in south of you doing research. Yo. Literally Yo, I'm in the car with my man because he gives me.
Speaker 2: He give me an address right so you know, it's the houses over there by Salvage.
Speaker 1: That's where Tarik is from.
Speaker 2: So I come around on the other side where I ain't see the project. So it's like, oh, this is cool over here. So we riding so I see the cop to.
Speaker 1: The middle of the project. So I'm like, damn, what projects is this? They got the cops.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the project in the daytime with the lights on. So I'm like, what projects is this?
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: As I'm saying that to him, we ride by the sad that the sign the project sign Soundview.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, that explains.
Speaker 3: It, Like, yo, and my aunt lived in Soundview Projects, so I would have to stay there sometime.
Speaker 1: I'm up.
Speaker 3: Now listen, man, this is what a lot of people don't know. I'll be telling Tarika them this too. My building wasn't the projects. Tarika lived in. The Projects is sound Sound View was right over the right over the bridge from My aunt lived in there, so my mother would send me over there when our lights was out and the water wasn't right. They always had heat and hot water, had a little playground of playing.
Speaker 1: We ain't had that.
Speaker 3: So when niggas been like, oh, I grew up in the project, No nigga grow up where I grew up at where you had to maybe go to the fire hundred gets the water to warm, or when the lights is out because nobody pay their rent, the landlord can't get no oil. I grew up on that kind of shit. Projects was project was sweet to me. I get the lights, heat, fucking the playground in the back. So I grew up rougher than them niggas, and I always tell them, But however, Samdview is a different ball game. Shout out to all my niggas, is sam View money boss, shout the sex money murder.
Speaker 1: I might go to jail for saying that. No man shout them shout the beato man.
Speaker 3: Bemo was working on his documentary I'm On that he's working on a series shout out to be more shot the sex money listen. I never blooded in. It was always bulletproof love the time I came in. But I wore the red to as a lose. If you look at my video hold red leather suit, even though whole screamed on me. One day he said, my nigga, who got three numbers on a on a on a baseballers.
Speaker 1: Your chill? Hold? The only one would notice some ship like that too?
Speaker 2: Was I.
Speaker 3: Saw it one time on the road. He said, my nigga three numbers under you know, damn it. And we used to always be sarcasting. That was the first time Hold says.
Speaker 2: Something, Yo, that's crazy like ship being from the Brugs birthplace of hip hop.
Speaker 1: How you feel about the state of hip hop today? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I don't want to sound like the old like my moms used to sound. But I can't, Man, I can't get I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: But again, people always think that I'm talking about I'm talking about this no talent. I ain't, man, that's the beats, that's the beats.
Speaker 1: Things change.
Speaker 3: You ain't got no talent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can agree, and I don't agree. Some of them do. I'm not gonna know.
Speaker 3: I'm not no, no, It's never a blanket stink, never blinking nothing. Because we had some niggas, niggas to be like nigga and this was dope because niggas that pulled down some of my lyrics. One day, I was like, damn, that was.
Speaker 1: You kidding me. I'll be getting crucified. I can't say that.
Speaker 3: But we know what we're talking about, and we know who we're talking about. We just don't want to throw niggas under the bus. But it's a lot of it down there. I can never get with. Bro, the way niggas is the skirts, the sound, and then you and then you're no talent, none. And this my kids be trying to sell me. I said, Bro, it's nothing you could do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my son too, my son you kidding me? The ship he listened to and be like, Yo, Dad, this is dude. He's the best.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh God, He'll.
Speaker 2: Be looking at him like you sure you mine? Like I don't even know what they're saying.
Speaker 3: I try to find it. I try to go all right, let me see what a couple of the little diamonds.
Speaker 2: A couple of them got it, man, don't get me wrong. Like the little Dirks was he he had it?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Look, I just don't That's another thing I don't like, Bro. I don't like the I don't like the telling, that telling I killed you.
Speaker 1: I smoked.
Speaker 3: When somebody's saying I'm smoking on a fifteen year old, sixteen year old kid, I can't fuck with that. It's that though, whenever they say they smoking on the pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they was the same age. Bro, it wasn't the kid they killed.
Speaker 3: It was a it's just yo week it would be fifteen.
Speaker 2: I've wrapped, but they this team. Listen in the street law, you picked that pistol up. I don't care how old you are, just that's your street law. But the smoking on the pack of right, telling on yourself, telling on you.
Speaker 1: We didn't do that.
Speaker 3: But but if you can't say, as grown men still saying I'm smoking on this kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can't say niggas didn't be like Yo, such and such die crack that bottle, nigga. We celebrating. We just didn't have Instagram, We just didn't have the music.
Speaker 3: Just the enemy saying that this the enemy, saying we smoking on them because they're getting that high. They just say, niggas pouring out a trip. You fuck you talking about they they we we poured.
Speaker 1: Out was a trip.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about niggas celebrating ops dying too, is that they killed, not on record.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about just being on the blackhood. That's different, bro, That's what I said.
Speaker 2: We just didn't have Instagram and we just didn't make music about that. These kids just going about it the wrong way. But it's the same thing niggas did on the block. Niggas spend down to go clip a nigga at a party that they've been trying to hit for a minute to come back to the hood, and like, yeah, we got them.
Speaker 3: Niggas is celebrating on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that, but but I just said they going about it the wrong way.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's whack, Like you give them niggas a past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I can agree. I was young, get crazy. My niggas is young and crazy too.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: I just told one of my homies, like I grew up with some of the wireless niggas that I used to look at them niggas as a kid and be like, man, I'm glad I know you, my man, that I ain't gotta go again to a nigga like you, like you on my team, like cause I grew up with some animals, my nigga, like, we'll be here all night.
Speaker 1: I know, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So you can't say niggas celebrate in a win or or whatever they consider a when bad how celebrate just.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I just hate seeing them go to jail.
Speaker 1: I hate that. I hate the kids making too much money.
Speaker 3: Somebody mom, seeing somebody smoking, they son up to the that sh just I don't know what. Just don't sit well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, all those facts, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all. But other than that, I just miss it again. I'm the old man.
Speaker 1: Oh this nigga, just nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm creeping. I'm creeping to the fifth flow too. I'm three flights down. Don't worry, I'll be on the fifth flow real.
Speaker 3: But I don't like to sound like the hating old nigga.
Speaker 2: I hate none, man, definitely, just a lot of shit I just can't fuck with.
Speaker 1: From like a lot of these artists now, I am aged out, Like to what you No, man, you ain't aged out. Never. We vintage off. Like maybe what you're saying is.
Speaker 2: Right because a lot of the like with the talent, because a lot of artists today go viral for content over craft.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Corey would have been on fire when it first came out, had I did what they told me to do. But I was glad that I'll let him make that decision. He was like, he's two. He got dumb it down.
Speaker 1: Mm, he's too good.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. He gotta dumb it down. So Corey, Corey is on the level of an eminem. Sorry, people gonna kill me for that.
Speaker 1: A kid.
Speaker 3: And and they wanted him to do a record like Homework one, one to the two, to the three, to the four. That's what they literally, that's what they told me at the office.
Speaker 1: We need one of these.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, but you know, listen, one thing about labels, they don't know think about it. They telling you go home and imitate somebody else. That'll let you know right there, they don't know.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: That's not how you make music. It's imitate imitates life, not other people.
Speaker 3: I agree, But what they was trying to do. In other words, what they're trying to say is he would have been a star in your time with this skill level where we are now, he needs one of these.
Speaker 2: Business No disrespect the homie who made one to the three, to the foe man. He got his bread up right, he got his bad he's straight. But in music, where is he today? Guns is still here?
Speaker 1: And the executives that told you that, I'm pretty sure they not there. No more. No executives is around. This is what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 2: So what you do, like like I told Gun when he sat here, man like, you know, dumb down for people. People got the smart enough for you. You know what I mean? That's just real ship man Like, that's.
Speaker 3: A decision I let to make though, I said, listen, and he made a couple of yo. Shout out to Guru, man. I cannot Guru had Corey's back from a million times. I cannot leave that out. Man, shout Guru. I love you, bro y'all.
Speaker 2: I remember when Gun first signed the Rockefeller I spoke to you you like, Yo, I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Man hold my son down because he.
Speaker 3: Said, he said, he said, he said, he spoke to you, you greenlit.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, listen, gun we need him man, I'm mad. It was the transition to Rock and Fell at that time when Jay was going to death jam.
Speaker 1: So a lot of shit happened at that time.
Speaker 3: I think it was a lot of things for him, man, you know what, I'm j hold on because I got to clear this some A lot of people don't notice. Tommy with Tola asked Jay to sign court. We were signing Tommy. He said, I think you can help this kid. They don't get it, but you got to remember when we got there, everybody was on hole hole got it.
Speaker 1: We need, we need, we need.
Speaker 3: And I went to have a meeting with him and it was a line around the corner like the god Remember the Godfather. Everybody was having the time.
Speaker 1: Everybody was saying there yup.
Speaker 3: Be was even in the office. So I was like, we in Guru office, waiting for our term like everybody else. So I can say what's going on with Core. And one of the young gunners was there and he was waiting for his time and he was like really complaining the gurgle. I don't know them. I never really met them, man, just no no shade to them. They was there to see Hole for something. Yeah, and they had to wait and it was like frustrating for them, and I was I looked at car I said, yo, if he's just having a hard time, that niggas having a hard time of it. We need to get up out of here. So when I got the whole office, he was sitting on this side of the desk and I was over there and he said, come over here.
Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 3: I don't even feel right talking to you from behind his desk and he was like, what do you want to do man? I said, Yo, we just gonna get about of here. M He said, it's cold out there, my nigga.
Speaker 1: You sure?
Speaker 3: I said yeah, because in my mom we gonna just walk to another deal. Because Corey was like that, he was like, is that what you want? Won't you just turn him up in the building and they'll get behind him. I was like, nah, man, we just get up. He said, I'll tell you what. Meet me at Cllo and we'll talk about this and llo. So I met him at Cello. He said, what you want to say, just give us the rest of the budget to eat on.
Speaker 1: Let us get the music.
Speaker 3: And I asked for one more thing.
Speaker 1: He said done.
Speaker 3: He made called Jay Brown said make this happen, and that's how we got out of here. And you know, he went to Young Money. But long story short, it was he didn't have to do that. They could have just fucking held us on. But he's let me know, I'm leaving. So whatever you want to happen need to happen.
Speaker 1: Now. Oh, let us out.
Speaker 3: No, that's a fact. And so you know, shout out. People got a lot of shit to say, but that man let us go.
Speaker 1: At first.
Speaker 3: He could have been like, nah, turn him up in the building, figure it out.
Speaker 1: He was like no. But you know I knew him before all of this. We toured together, bro.
Speaker 2: I remember when we had a old nigga and y'all had the major, major, major smoker. He was coming out first and y'all was shutting it down the after like they was giving me advice.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, like don't don't because I was doing a separate album tarik. He saying, nah, y'all got to stay together, do another one. But you know, it was so so when seeing him in the office, was it It didn't feel right for us to be having that kind of conversation. Yeah, and I felt niggas say, how could you feel bad for him? I felt bad because when you get in a position you got to tell. Even the people like niggas he knew a hundred years before me. He got to be like, yo, I'm he's trying to It was the I wouldn't have wanted that job.
Speaker 1: I saw that.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's why when he sat that line, heaviest they had that way as the crown.
Speaker 1: I'm like, he ain't never fucking but I knew he leaven.
Speaker 3: We need to get the fuck out of here now because they don't care about I think the only reason I'm even behind this meeting with Ja is because of Jah. So if he leave Google going with him, who the fuck? We got the same people telling us what we need to do. So I just I took the I took the you know. We walked up. We went to a couple of labels and they was like, no, I said, damn, Jay was right, it's cold out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, industry and yeah. More. Shout out to my nephew, Jim.
Speaker 3: I never give him credit, but Jim was out in New Orleans and talking to mac Maine and one Corey free agent, and so I think my nephew Jim is the real reason that Corey got signed.
Speaker 2: That's what something man shout out McMahon, Wayne and them. That's sure, man, Like fucking one thing I wanted to add on to. You know, a lot of people got a lot of negative ship to say about J but Jay in business and I feel like this is this is the guy on this truth. And I'm not saying this because this is my brother. I practice what I preach. J business model to me has always been honesty and integrity with everything. He ain't never robbed nobody. And I did the same thing with my artists. Like I remember, you know when I signed Casting over Manolo Rose and all these other artists that I signed, you know, Huey V everybody. You know that three sixty deal came out. Everybody wanted publishing, everybody wanted this. Everybody wanted that. I never I told people, Listen, the same deal I had is the same deal I gave all my artists, right, you know what I'm saying where we don't touch none of that. So we kept it fair across the border. And that's one thing how I was raised. So I like that what you say, like, how let anybody that has anything bad to say about the dude brown?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because how could you not be proud of this dude coming from where we And when I say where we come from, I'm not talking about just I'm talking about New York, the streets that like if I just from the bottom man and still even at one spot for me. You know, there's certain rappers when they do a top five and you can put them in that position, and I want to argue with you. You can say, your guns my top five, Andre Thou. I'm not gonna argue that's right. I got kissing my top five.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: He's been in the one spot for me.
Speaker 1: So but it's hard, yo. Let me say this to you.
Speaker 3: When you when you got what you got and you and you that level of an artist, it's uh, you know, and then people say you New York, y'all, just jay Z for y'all New York. You know, I got three thousands in my in my five as well. You know that's scar Face is my favorite storyteller. Him and Slick Rick Tupac from New York. But they say about that he is from New York, baby New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is from New York. My bad fucked up. I fucked up, my bad. West Coast took him from us.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah they got where you say hot jack. I always tell people go google it. His first rap name was New York.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so no, so you know you got you got that going on. But at the same time, that's what comes with the territory. When you're hot, man, that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: Even sometimes when it's all set and done, the smoke class, everything done, your home, chilling your shot Scotch, playing my game, sitting on the on the back porch. What you want them to remember or say about Peter Guns He was he.
Speaker 1: Was we said he was.
Speaker 3: He was honest, he's real, never tried to front like he was something he wasn't. And just that's it. You know, we all flawed. You know, I'm definitely flawed. There's definitely things there that's flawed. But remember me as somebody that always kept in the hunting and I'm comfortable with that. When lose a drawer, hate me, you know what I mean, But a man mostly I'm not to be played with. That's what some man ship and I'm honest, and I just and I honestly like to see my brothers winning. I think I think that's what bothered me about my people mostly were we are worst ending me man.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. That's a fact.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't knock learning the young guys. Even if I don't listen to the music, I still give them that string. Why they get into that bag. You know, my son want to go to the show. We're gonna get them tickets. Yeah, like you know what I mean, I'm going I'm gonna support all day.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: But I just wish it was different, you know what I mean. I wish it was different because it's us on us and a lot of a lot of shit they do and bleak. They wouldn't be in no other nationality.
Speaker 1: That's and I think they wouldn't let that flop.
Speaker 2: I think it's just because music, how accessible music is.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I think it's like I think, we don't have no control over what they put out there for our kids. Look at the end of the day, this is controlled and it is so. If they had to put out more positive, more more skillful, more talent, that's what they would do. But Nah, the machine likes this. Yeah, kill each other. Go ahead and say this to say that mumbo nigga take drugs.
Speaker 1: Tell them that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Do this, do that to make every lyric about fucking and popping drugs, and you know that they control that, bro, they now give it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna cut you off because you can't say that nobody told you get on TV and emulate the same thing we're rapping about. You just ain't killed nobody what you said, the talk about the fucking in this, So you can't say, no one goes in the studio like, think about it, that I win't made souls called hustlers. Who the fuck?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What bounce bitch round here? Nobody Leo told me not to put round here out that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a single I got. The answer for that.
Speaker 3: Is including TV, including what I'm doing. Yeah, that wouldn't fly nowhere else in certain places, the ship that we be doing. You're making my point, even TV and all that, if somebody was to go nah, we not example, in China, they can't go in there and see who work the best. They contested who could solve this goddamn calculus.
Speaker 2: It's dictatorship, bro, But hold on, you have freedom of speech here.
Speaker 1: No, one can't compare that country.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is, even here, there's certain things that wouldn't fly for certain ethnicity.
Speaker 2: But there's certain things in other countries that don't fly here. Because you will go to London somewhere and see some chick with her titties out on the phone commercial that that all never fly here. It should wow, my thoughter, don't need to be looking at no boobs on it?
Speaker 1: After the commercial say it can't.
Speaker 3: Could you could walk through Time Square with no shirt on? A woman could anytime?
Speaker 1: She? Yeah, I know, but my daughter don't live in Tomes Square.
Speaker 3: But what I'm what I'm saying is but the ship, that the ship that might be programming her might be worse than that.
Speaker 2: No, we don't play the programming we play. We program in my house, we program. We don't do the programming. Like nothing calls my daughter. You know what calls my daughter a book?
Speaker 1: That's good? You know what I'm saying, that's a buck.
Speaker 3: But she got the opportunity at some point to go in there and.
Speaker 1: See what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely she go check cut to torials on how to make shit.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I love about my daughter.
Speaker 2: She want to She want to be an inventor so bad that this girl makes shit out of paper napkins.
Speaker 1: It's like word up.
Speaker 2: She want to invent some ship. It's like, gad, girl, invent it. I'm gonna pay for it. Don't you worry. Soon as you make the right right.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of parents ain't programmed like that.
Speaker 2: Because I wanted to break the curse. Like it's nobody in my family that was married. So that's why I knew I wanted to be the first one. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna break this curt so certain thing be married. This would be my tenth year. This year, do it? Man? You mean man?
Speaker 2: The recipe is I met someone that's that's just identical to me. She agreed to everything that we both have the same views and values and cherish the same things.
Speaker 1: Only thing we don't agree on I smoke. We she eat mushrooms. Hey, you feel.
Speaker 2: Other than that, everything else is in common, and I feel like we talk about everything, like like I got homies. That's my homies, my dogs where I tell everything and I feel like this is the first time I met a woman who is closer than that. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like I can tell anything and.
Speaker 1: Never be judged or never be looked at it. So I knew, I knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you know that's that's I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I never had it.
Speaker 3: I didn't start smoking and drinking cigars till I was in my forties, Nika twenty five. Because I came up with brothers like that. I gave to mother my word. I will never do nothing. But women has been the hardest thing for me.
Speaker 1: It's been. It's been the.
Speaker 3: Hardest thing for me to to to be faithful and just chill with one woman. That's been nothing. I think that's the hardest task I ever had in my life.
Speaker 1: Man, No, it's it's tough.
Speaker 2: Bro. You just gotta what they say, avoid temptation. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You gotta stay away. Like Friday night, I'm going bowling. I ain't going to the club.
Speaker 1: You feel me? In fact certain he will. He want to go.
Speaker 3: He want to go to the club. I want to go both.
Speaker 1: This nigga got his own nigga. He runs ship.
Speaker 3: I ain't got nothing, but I.
Speaker 1: Love my niggas yo, I swear yo. I love doing better.
Speaker 3: Now though, But this nigga used to run ship.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: So what's next? My g you don't call the music media what's next? On the ring invent during the reinvention of Peter Guns. What's next? When you said you're working on music?
Speaker 3: I got this joint called The Diary of Billy White, got a song run dropping on my birthday.
Speaker 1: It's a rock so every six man, I remember that.
Speaker 3: That's right, Insurrection Day that's coming January sixth. It's totally left field, but it's the difference with what I'm doing now is what I want to do. It's not like, yo, good, you need to do a record like this and this and that. Me in the studio with my guitar, my boys jamming and we just man, I don't care nobody.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it for me, So it's all up.
Speaker 3: Shooting the TV show was shot called graves In.
Speaker 1: That's right. Shout out shock, shout out. Sigu was telling me about the scenes, may too, right graves In.
Speaker 2: I ain't getting no I ain't getting no role. They could have even killed me. I could have been a body.
Speaker 1: They were love. I could have been up in the pack.
Speaker 3: Listen, Big Daddy Kane is on it too. Special shout the specially big.
Speaker 1: Shout Out Special Big Daddy King.
Speaker 3: Funny story is this from Brooklyn's Graves in Brooklyn, somebody even mentioned your name, They're gonna go crazy.
Speaker 1: But I could have been a pat Oh you in.
Speaker 3: They would love that. Anybody from Brooklyn can get on the shows. Brooklyn, Brooklyn call them niggas.
Speaker 1: Pull up, I'm there whatever, let me know I'm there.
Speaker 2: That's done, so gad, I cut you off my bag and then you know, Yeah, they used to tell me.
Speaker 1: That when I first started bleak, stop being like normal. You cutting the guests off, let them talk.
Speaker 3: Stepping so you step on somebody with that happened a hip hop y'all stepping on each other. So yeah, so I think Graves in Diary and Billy White the rock Star. I'm doing a bunch of content, and then of course I'm getting the studio with Corey messing around.
Speaker 1: But I got a lot of.
Speaker 3: Content coming out too early to talk about. But yeah, that's I know. I'm leaving out somebody. I got a shout Jane Smith, my manager, Alex and the whole crew they all, you know, King Hamilton, they all been holding me down. They believe in me, and that's hard to find this day in time. Believe it in the old nigga try and live his dreams.
Speaker 1: So you got somebody to believe. Man, the dreams come true. Man. That's all it take is the belief. Bro. I swear one person to believe.
Speaker 2: I I tell niggas all the time, man, I thank God that day rest in peace. Clock can't and Jay walk through the projects because I used to tell Hove. Clark was like, let me hear what you got, so he didn't. Never said that. Clark knows God.
Speaker 3: It's my god, man, Clock just two songs of album.
Speaker 1: Word, that's my man. Damn man, that's what's up.
Speaker 3: Cloy time I see the clock.
Speaker 1: You ass to beat.
Speaker 3: I gave you twenty yock whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Shout to my man, Ski, you got that's right. Ski produced two joints on the Diary of Billy White. Myama. That's dope, man.
Speaker 2: Shout out Ski and to hook and to hook out there. Grown weed, now, yeah, man, worry out there.
Speaker 1: Grown weedy. Get it, you get it. That's right man. That's what we do.
Speaker 2: Man, y'all appreciate you pulling up man kicking it with us. Man like I said, I love you, my brother to me, and I love my O g's and respect all of them. Man back at you, my brother, like you said. New season of Cheatahs coming right.
Speaker 3: New season the Cheetahs Diaria Billy White January sixth. January sixth, and Graves in Man Mob series.
Speaker 2: I might be in it, I might not, I might be a pack, but this is rock solid and you know what it is. And du say is that? And we hear yeah. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at and you could follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleach. You see anybody fraud in, flag them,