Speaker 1: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 2: Is Laurena Rosa with the latest with Laurna Rosa on Black Effects and I cannot wait to see you guys at the fourth Annual Black Effect Podcast FESTI okay, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, April twenty fifth at Palman Yard and it's hosted by me alongside DJ MV and Charlotte Magnea.
Speaker 3: God do you got drink? Chance of Noriega and DJAFM.
Speaker 2: We gotta keep it a positive sweetye with My Girl Christopher Nate Haslin. We got Reality with the King with My Guide that my brother Carlos King, and y'all know he does reality commentary like nobody can now. We also have Don't Call Me White Girl, the podcast I Love Mona and Club five twenty podcasts, along with the Grits and Eggs podcast.
Speaker 3: So this lineup stack Baby, turn Up.
Speaker 2: You're also gonna want to check out the panels that we have lined up too, Feature and Cab on Stage, Pika Sumpter, and John Hope Bryant, just to name a few. Of course, it's way bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses, but the food truck court to keep you fed while.
Speaker 4: You visit us.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your ticket down at blackafpec dot com. Flash podcast yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, What's up y'all? Was going on Brother Drinks Radio. He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey, Hank Segree is your boy in O I E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 5: What Up is dj e FN?
Speaker 6: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports. You know what I mean, the most professional, unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 3: This is drinks champ Riding. Every day is New Year's Eve. That's Hey, Hank Segree, Hope Sofia, this is your boy is? What Up? Is dj e f N? And it's the drink chants? Motherfucker Barca make some right now.
Speaker 1: I got a good friend in the building. I like to call him a raptivist, the vist.
Speaker 3: That's a rap.
Speaker 1: You can't smell spell Mississippi without David Bannon.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that makes sense, but you can't smell it like that.
Speaker 1: He's a guy who's been making his own beats, making his own music.
Speaker 3: Was down with a.
Speaker 1: Legendary group called Crooked Letters Days was from Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Nobody even heard of Mississippi. They came out to New York and they got.
Speaker 1: A deal the legendary Mississippi himself. As a surprise, we also have another legend who just popped up.
Speaker 3: Because this is what the Drink Camps is. A bottom.
Speaker 1: We got from dog Pound Gangster's making his second appearance on Drink Camps. Last time he tried to get away without drinking. Today we have a real, real reason to drink. Hood Niggas is really running the building, and we gotta get to this question. Now we heard he did I ain't mad at you, and we didn't get that question.
Speaker 5: Now we're gonna get this time. We don't get it.
Speaker 1: We got the legendary dance in the house. I gotta start it off with you, David. We gonna have a drink. What is your poison today? Today we're gonna make sure you drink.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna move around a little bit.
Speaker 1: You want to you want to start immediately. You want to get into it and do some, Sarah, because you.
Speaker 3: Know we can do some. Yeah, let's do some. I can get.
Speaker 7: Something the best buy liquors. Who provides the best buy liquors? Man, definitely.
Speaker 1: Man, we shout out the address to we got to Southeast location.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 1: They all over my best buy liquors today. They held us down, definitely, And he said, he's a Sarah guy. You poured already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna pull me some. Yeah, yeah, I wanna drop it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pour me some. And you got your cup full. You're gonna get a us around.
Speaker 3: You know, to survive you.
Speaker 5: It's a cuban ding.
Speaker 1: I can get some of that because I want to dive in at the Yeah, I need some ice. You bust usually drink, you know, a bus prema Charlie. Just now it's going down. All right, hold on, let me get my drink. I gotta go straight into it. Put it on success. Yes, yes, yes, did you see that?
Speaker 3: You brought out the mic, professor, and I can get some icey you pass? Is that an empty cup?
Speaker 5: Can you get can?
Speaker 3: And this is the limbo on right here right all right? Yeah, look, listeners is what pineapple. The listeners is what us. They know the first question I'm about to ask, Yeah, David Dan, my man, where did you get all these questions? From I don't know I was watched it.
Speaker 1: Paul writes his teacher recently, I've never thought that I would see a headline that Ray David Banner gets arrested.
Speaker 3: What happened, Well, first of all, this is this is what I want to clear up, is that.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm like to thank you for wanting to clear this up with us.
Speaker 3: That's very appreciated.
Speaker 5: You came your way, and we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: All came out of your way because you know, this is this is a rappers This is a rappers format.
Speaker 3: Rappers should feel.
Speaker 1: Like they got a chance to come up here and express So I really appreciate you coming up here.
Speaker 3: But let's get to that. So this is what I want to say. First of all, I did not get arrested over trying to get in no fucking club. First of all, I could buy a club, make some noise. Did they ask for your autograph to jail? So this is what's crazy. First of all, I have to say that what I tried not to do anymore, I try not to talk to like white media at all too much, not being white. And what happened was this. What happens is that I got to give TMZ a shot though, because they did try to call me and get my side of the story. But but what I will say is that what happened was so we we First of all, I'm out with my one of my best friends. He's a doctor, so it wasn't even like I was out with my hood home in DC. I was out with some doctors and so, you know, I'm trying to get were all in the club. It's about six or seven kind of club. It was club like Asio club now just regular club. So I walk up, you know, security guard, I do their thing. Hold up, hold up. I fall all the way back into the street like now, I'm good dog. If you know I'm not gonna do that. You know I'm not gonna you know, big no motherfuckers to get in no club. That ain't what I do. So I fall back and start signing. If you go back and look at Instagram, you see all the pictures. I was out there signing autograph second pictures. So then I noticed there was one white person at the door and all these big black like big black bodyguards. So I walked up to one of the bodyguards and all the bouncers and I was like, yo, dog whispered in his ear, like, look, homeboy, it's a real bad look that you have all these black folks out here spending all this money and y'all got this white person at the door barking on him like an overseer. Dude turns around and looks at me and basically like this my egg, Like Ben, and you're right, I want to get The white person came and barked on me, nigga, like what are you talking about, nigga? But I said, I said enough. And the thing was, and the thing was, I can't really go as much into what happened after that point, but the thing was, it was never about no club. It was about how people were treating my people. And I'm like, man, I've never been that kind of dude to just sit back and watch Fox going on Mississippers, right, damn straight. So so the thing was, this is what I will say, is once the show is on, it's on. Like I hadn't even felt that way in life, like literally like six years. I hadn't been that angry. And I wasn't angry even about what the white person said. The same guy that I was talking to turned around after after they disrespected me, and then I said what I had to say to them. I was done. Then he turns around and bores up at me. Oh sir. One thing I want to tell people, regardless of what I am, whether I'm an activist, whether we back on whatever it may end up being, I'm a man before on anything. And if kids don't know nothing else but this, I tell them all the time. Before I'm a rapper, before whatever the fuck it is, I have to be a man first, and I have to defend what I believe is my honor. And that was it. The only thing that pissed me off that I really wanted to talk about was black media. It's like we cut and pace with these conglomerates give us and we don't even take up for our folks. I remember going to Ebony and Jet and they said that back in the day, it used to be this unst unknown rule that we look out for our own folk first, and they ain't do that, like all the work that we do media, like you remember anybody.
Speaker 8: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't go into specifics because when you're going to specifics, you make it petty. If they did it, they did it. They know who they are. One thing I say, though, is that they said on the Ricky Smiles, so I really respected them. They said something that was really dope. It's like we know, Bana they had this dude, ain't wait all this time to go to jail now without something like they had to do something to do like as much ship as he do, Like we got too much to lose on that bullshit. So like for our folks and for so called hip hop blogs and places that say they for hip hop, when all they really do is take away, they sit back and wait for some petty ship. And that ship was some fuck ship.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something when when people do resport report irresponsible journalism, like why do you care though, Like you know what I'm saying, because you know this game is fucked up from the beginning, like this is not a new thing.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you the only reason why I care. One of my homegirls teaches male Magnet school in Harlem, and she called me and she said, the boys are really confused. The children. Yeah, the children, it was like, you know, they see you and they watch all of your interviews and then they only heard what TMZ says and they real confused. And then I thought about it. I was like, I only care because I am one of the few people man that these kids at least consider. They may not even listen, but they'd be like, damn, we know where Bannon come from, so Bana talk and that shit. Uh, maybe I have to fuck with it for a second. And it's not enough of us yet to lose them. So like with me not responding back, they only had with white media and the clickbaities told them. So I had to go somewhere and say something and let them know it was about honor, not getting in no fucking club, because honestly, I could give a shit less with anybody think. But what I always tell black folks is if I had you or people of culture, if I had you, I wouldn't need them. If our folks put me in movies, I wouldn't have to go fucking audition. If our folks bought record, we would records. We wouldn't have to go big and hope that their motherfuckers could give us some kind of light. I don't need them. I only care what them kids think. And when she called me and said, like, the kids are confused, I like, I gotta say something. All the rest of them. I'm grown get rid of ship less right, you know, but you made a great career.
Speaker 5: But what did they book you on?
Speaker 3: Exactly? What was the charge? No, you was out there already right the charges? What was it?
Speaker 5: But you can't really speak on that. Now.
Speaker 3: We got to describe the shirt you have on right now? My brother, what is that? And some distress that looks like it's from Zimbabwe? Right, he's actually right, he got the right country. And as I did, I know, helping me out. Let's make some I will tell you. I want to tell your story real quick. This is a real ship. A lot of people don't know. I've been knowing nowhere for over fifteen years. I've been knowing you right around ten years back when I was in the group Cricket Letters, they really had shelved us because they didn't know what the fuck to do with a group from Mississippi, especially no motherfucker's a wrap at penalty. So Nori, that's when he had the big million dollar video. Talk about it, David. It had a big and let me tell you what this man said. This man went to Neil Levine and told him because they didn't have no budget for us to shoot, no video. Really, what I found out is I moved to New York homeless. Nor knows I was homeless in New York. They shelved us, and I told Neil Levine, I'm gonna be at Penalty every fucking day. And I was there every morning before anybody got there, sitting there waiting for the label to open up. And it was this big black motherfucker waiting for this little white god every day. So they put my hour. They actually put the their only ship, like I think it was twenty thousand copies. We shold seventeen thousand. And he loved our music so much. He saw the South like before it had literally and he went up and jumping on the motherfucking seat and ship, and he was like, y'all get him boys, twenty thousand dollars out of my million dollar budget and let him shoot a movie. Yeah, let me tell you, let me tell you what I was saying. He said, He said that boter, you gotta go in there and throw some ship. Don't hit the white dude. But going there and throw some ship, don't touch him, no, because you touched them. And I really appreciate him because he didn't have to do that ship bro, he actually jumped on the record for free. I appreciate you remembering that. And not only that, but you was producing you. Yeah, you motherfucking tad me my first check.
Speaker 9: Hold on, he said, I was gonna say it, but I was doing mother.
Speaker 3: Listen, this is real talk. I was homeless, literally, like I was sleeping at the time. I was sleeping on Windy Day's floor. I was literally home. And the first that he gave me enough money off the first beat that I ever sold to somebody cash so I can live the rest of my time in New York. And so like, I really really appreciate it.
Speaker 10: You knew how specially was.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: I like to be the guy to always discover a producer first.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Like listen, man, I always like to be the guy, and I knew. I knew you was going to be the guy. Now it brings me to ask.
Speaker 3: You that be says you did. I ain't mad at you.
Speaker 1: How many did that sound I forgot made?
Speaker 3: Coming in now? When you made that joint? Was it for Park or you? Just I was just you know, vibing in the room. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: It's like, whoever I make beats in the morning. So whoever get you know that that's what we go to. You know what I'm saying, Like servant, you know what I'm saying. So you know Sugar had called me, say what something?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 10: Two pockets flying in a night meet us at the restaurant. You know, me and super Flower. We go to the restaurant. He's like, man, you ready. I'm like, yeah, I got some beech for you. So we drop him off. I go get a sack. I come back. He don't lay the ambitious of a rider and I'm mad at you. The same day, yeah, same night, God damn it. You know what I'm saying, Like one thirty in the morning. You know what I'm saying. And I dropped the other two the next morning. That's from snoop walking.
Speaker 3: What we do?
Speaker 1: You know, gangster party, that's just floss on all of us.
Speaker 3: You know, when you do songs is fifty to fifty you know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know publishing is good, especially when that movie come out.
Speaker 3: Now, the movie you talk about is the Tupac. All my music I just talked to TV days like, man, all your music is in the know.
Speaker 5: Who else.
Speaker 3: Heading? Okay? So you know my son is playing me in the movie. Yeah, yeah, that's right, that's right, that's you know, this is a good thing movie after that? Yeah, you know DPG for life. Yeah. Now you worked for PIMPC. You knew.
Speaker 1: Let's describe for our listeners. You know, he's a legend on our podcasts.
Speaker 3: A legend. You did. It was the first time you met PIMC. This is what happened. I sampled his boys while he was like a pay you know each other?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 3: No, I just said, I what's crazy about that? I didn't even like to beat. The only reason why I used the beat because I was borthering with Flip at the time. Fl was with from Houston, and I was like, let me, let me put him on this beat and then I'll go back and change the beat.
Speaker 8: On.
Speaker 3: DJ Will from New Orleans heard and said, dog, if you put this out, your life had changed in two months. Literally. I flipped it over and you use that song. My life literally changed in two months. So what happened was bro is I started writing PIMC because I was like, man, this dude has changed my life without even trying. His voice changed my whole entire life. So instead of sending him like naked pictures of broads and all that kind of shit. I was like, yo, Kemp, don't know how to use a drum machine. So I took pictures of the drum machine so like he could put the polaroids together, and I taught him how to use a drum machine while he was in this he was locked up. Just sound like the smartest shit I've ever heard, like literally breakout in jail. And then the other ship I did was was I was traveling all around the world. I was like, I want to show him ship that maybe he had even seen, Like I'm touring, I've been to every pot, but we hadn't met. So when he got out of jail, if you remember, when he got out of jail, he named eight people named and I was one of the dudes. Like we were right back and forth. He was like, man, you wanted a few people that took out their time to really talk to me, because you remember I had done the record with him on penalty before. But we remember we did get crumped that was on penalty, but that was his business. Like I didn't really get to know him know him. Then we became friends like literally like like this is This is one of the craziest things in my life. When Pimp came to LA the weekend before he died, I was in I was in studio working because I was living in LA at the time, and Pimp was moving out there to stay in the same the same He was over there doing some snoop right when mere fuck be Me snoop. Juicy J was gonna work on his album. Say he was gonna move in the same building as the cut.
Speaker 10: You know, you know, you know, and.
Speaker 3: So pempe camm and you know when that showed Homie and you in the studio, you know, i'ma call him back, and you know, I kept working. So I called him like six times. He never picked up the phone. Then I heard at the end of the weekend and he had died. So then I called and listened to the message, and the message like better I'm in l a X. Wait so you never met him, No, no, no, no, no. This is after we was friends.
Speaker 6: This is after.
Speaker 3: This is after he was friends. Hollboys like being to each other like everything. By this time, this was the weekend before he died, after when we really became friends. He called me and I went and listened to the to the my voicemail after he had died, and it literally said, bro, come pick me up from l A X. I'm here. And the craziest thing about me and Pimp is when we were together, it was we were both focused. It's like sharpening each other. So I always feel like, you know, maybe you know, everybody would always think maybe if if I would have picked up their phone call, maybe it would have been something different. And let's let's just let me let's just ask.
Speaker 1: This is probably the most serious question I have an asked on a Drink Chance podcast. Do you think that his death was attributed to lean?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't want to. I don't want to know because my friend did. Like people get into you know, if this, I don't really want to know, like that, like he did, how he died don't really matter to me. It don't really matter.
Speaker 1: I said that too, But like, you know, what's my man Sean Price and I'll be.
Speaker 5: Today's the twentieth of his first album.
Speaker 3: God Bless Sean Price.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. But I'd be wanting to know because just in case we can help some other people avoided.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's a lifestyle sometimes.
Speaker 3: But but the thing about it is is that people got mad. Serious.
Speaker 1: I'm the reason people need to know that.
Speaker 3: People need to know that because the folks that's out here.
Speaker 1: And everybody is saying the same thing when they come to asap ys, they saying that this the codeine. What's my man Michael from out in Houston.
Speaker 3: Uh, And they're saying, well.
Speaker 5: DJ, screwgro screw.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's because I think if like you, as an activist, are rapped DEFs, I would like to call you, you know, if you allow me to call you that, Like you speak up for us. Like when something happens in the community, whether it's rap, hip hop or just being black or just being poor, we expect people like you to speak up.
Speaker 3: So when we think we need to make sure when we get in trouble that turn around to speak like like it's basically like know, motherfucker's gonna go shut the motherfucker down.
Speaker 1: It's just like the black was coming out anybody ship right now? They march on Twitter, but this is what I say his Instagram like watching on Twitter too, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: And I'm being honest, but like at the end of the day, like, bro, we don't really know what happened. I heard several stories about what could have happened, you know, And just like they say, you know, Ship with Mike died from what Prince died for him. Both of those people had two of the most amazing record deals ever. Fucking Mike on over recently so like and pim C was one of the most outspoken motherfuckers I ever. Ship will bring me to the point.
Speaker 1: You you remember when he said he said, he said Atlanta ain't even the South, you know, such.
Speaker 3: And such as the South. You remember that conversation he made up the radios. Yeah, I remember the conversation. What's that the craziest Well, I think that whole conversation not even about that aspect of it, but a lot of the things that he was bringing up about rap that people don't talk about. And that's what I was saying, like, we want to focus on, Like the media is the same thing that happened to me. The media throw whatever the fuck they want you out about people of culture and because they don't think we nothing but drug addicts and gang bangs and don't deal it's any fucking way so people just take that ship when that don't be the case. Ship fucking we don't know why Prince died. The motherfucker was vegan and looked better at fucking fifty eight or whatever than he did at twenty eight, and now all of a sudden, this motherfucker died. And and motherfucker Eric clapt because you know what half of Peru and.
Speaker 11: Youth everything, you know, I'm telling the truth, don't sir.
Speaker 3: You don't stop hitting me on my back. I don't know. It's hard for me to believe that. You know, as much as we do. It's not a conspiracy theory if you can prove it, like they call it conspiracy theory. That's the way it's regarding miss it. But like, I don't believe that ship. But I tell him, I tell the motherfucker this, if something ever happened to me, I want the motherfucker to do something. I don't want nobody talking ship. I don't. I don't like the way they change, Like even with a Lea, they fucking changed his whole They say he was colorless. The his motherfucking last name is how you gonna say he colorless? Like at the end of his life, and all he ever fought for was the right of indigenous people. You know what I'm saying. And thing, I just looked at the old J thing, right, that's what is hot.
Speaker 10: That's what they categorize him as the same thing you just said.
Speaker 3: He's colorful. That means you know, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, that's OJ. Yeah. I kicked him that shop was talking about the other day. You know, we was kicking. I was at his house and everything.
Speaker 1: You know, listen, hold on, listen. This is where we got to big up the drink Champs. You are on that picture. First of all, why you gotta stop blaming me for this? Like man, you need I was blake you out of that picture. This is what we're doing right now. We gotta think our drink Champ listeners. Because I couldn't find my picture with oh J.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's correct.
Speaker 8: We told.
Speaker 3: To go find a picture.
Speaker 1: They found a picture, and that same week we also hit one million.
Speaker 3: I talked you about to say, oh Jay hits you up? Like show, he come on the show. He's walked.
Speaker 6: We did hang out and take a picture and then they cropped me the out that picture.
Speaker 3: He listened, he is so hurt. Look at you hear him.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna that picture.
Speaker 3: This is not me who cropp him out. It was back in the days. What was the song I did on y'all album? Yeah, the motherfucker because the reason why I asked you about that, fucking battle Cat came and played the symbols on that that. We had fun. We had so much mother fun, Bro Snoop know each other. It's just like a family.
Speaker 1: When you you popped that bottle. Come on, man, poor, I tell you listen, man.
Speaker 3: I tell you something, snoopyde that was cool as fun. All right, cool, y'all are laughing at me. So all right, you need a new No, I'm good just for Champagne. I think for champagne. This is just for Champagne. I thought this was my bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, no, this is all about This is all bottle baby. I felt, you know, that's all about it. We are celebrating together. I felt a little bit too at home right there.
Speaker 3: Together. So people gave I had I had a Bentley, and I was so so Snoop used to say, hey, nephew, that's a that's a pretty car. Some of motherfucking Bentley broke down, Snoop. They were about they all about to go on tour. So Snoop said, what happened to that pretty car? And I was like, you know, she broke yeah, yeah. So I was like, it broke down. He threw me his keys, said, nephew, we're gonna be gone for too much. Just take my car. So Snoop gave me his car. So I was like, at the time, I had stopped smoking weed, and I was like, this ain't the way I'm gonna be all right now, I don't remember activists, ye, so yeah, so so Snoop, so so Snoop. So Snoop was like, here to take your car. So I like, there's no fucking way. And I'm gonna be in l A and Co and not smoking no weed, all right, But I have smoked no weeding out there, Kelly. It's different. It's a different strand the ship they desicate. I'm out in La Highs fuck and Snoop co Paranoi in the bitch pulled over on the side of the road and start tweaking out like the l A p ain't gonna fucking chill me. And I'm sitting on the side of the road and fucking snoop cop tweaking the fuck out. Man drove all the way home fifteen miles an hour high, LAMB do it to.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, listen. I am so proud to announce.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I want to pick up everybody who participated in this show because you don't understand we we it's been our goal is to just you know, have our own people, control our people. And we ain't even talking race when we're saying that rap hip hops you can control hip hop and listen is a This is a this is a good step in that direction. You know, we don't play music on here, we don't do none of that. But you know what, it's us controlling us.
Speaker 6: You know, it's happened organically, organically, and these numbers, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: So I want to make noise for everybody.
Speaker 6: Pat I want to shout out Hoomie Godfrey from Gaming the CBS my home.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man.
Speaker 6: Also radio, he said game Game Attack Radio.
Speaker 5: He doesn't the podcast.
Speaker 3: About all the game My man, hippo. You know I'm awesome at this ship, right, we're pop We're pop over at pop. What's the name of the company. Wait, wait, you come over here, come over here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's my man Poppo with the with the car service when you come out, yeah tell tell tell him because yeah yeah, thank you telling the name of it, because.
Speaker 3: I can't call service. Was it was Instagram or whatever? Pop eighty seven thirty yea, let me tell you something about Popop when you come anything that you need and to see he got you right, and and premium service that's right, they sain't no uber, you know what I mean. Just to be honest with you know what I'm saying, Like if anything pop.
Speaker 1: We shout out the website every day you got it, you did it, alright's.
Speaker 6: And shout out the best buy liquors too. Best Liquors has the sounds on the boards and rich.
Speaker 1: On the So so let me take a let me take a serious note, Daz, how long how long you you still living?
Speaker 3: H man? You live a lie. I ain't gonna wis in Atlanta because both of y'all living.
Speaker 10: You live in Atlanta too, though I was the second West Coast in Atlanta. Too short, too short. I was down there with too short. So I was looking at the big how much your.
Speaker 3: Right right? It's too him. We're going to the club. Oh, yeah, you know what I mean. And I just brought me a house down there, and being down man, I live out here in Miami, because you got a house in Mississippi off the lakes.
Speaker 1: Because this is a serious question, so so, and then now you don't live in Mississippi do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you anywhere that we have an opportunity to do business. I have houses in Mississippi and run a business out of Atlanta. But you know I'm buying wherever the check is, honey, right.
Speaker 1: Because we've been we've been receiving a lot of like stories that's saying that, like most hip hop artists, they die or they mess up when they're in their own city.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like that.
Speaker 5: Was saying that boy broke that's crazy.
Speaker 1: He was like hypnotized with hater he said some ship. I was like, damn this nigga smart, Like and what are you trying to say is people in your city might hate you more than just people right down the block. Do you think that's that's a true theory? Like down at the end of next city, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: If there was anywhere you think there was that.
Speaker 10: Look, God, you know I stand in the hell twenty first Locust, Long Beach east Side. You know what I'm saying, right there on the block, everybody see mediator.
Speaker 3: You know where I'm at.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying. But it's all love where I man. You know what I'm saying, because we all you know, we're city equips.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Ain't no other other gang and all the other thing.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying. I'm everywhere. You know what I'm saying. I'm out here over town. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: My brothers still across the bridge. We over here. You know what I'm saying. We everywhere.
Speaker 10: I got twenty acres in Mississippi. My Ma, I'm gonna live here right daddy from New Orleans. But out here, you know what I'm saying. We've been out here for twenty something years.
Speaker 3: Wow, Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy, cracking the Miami.
Speaker 10: I men, I've been here since pack Jam. You know what I'm saying. So hip hop is you know.
Speaker 1: Right then, But you don't feel like like sometimes it's more hate in your city than it is.
Speaker 3: There's more hated. If you make it like that, that's deep. You know what I'm saying that's deep. This you make it like this is what I tell people is like, but how do you feel about that? Though? Bat I tell you, I feel like it's more hate in your city. I study. I studied the plight of Black Roller, And what people don't understand is a lot of a lot of our problems stem from slavery. Do you know that when one slave would escape the plantation, they would beat every slave on the plantation nearly to death but fear right. So that's where the hate come from. When somebody see you getting off the plantation like that, the ain't no better than me? How dare he fucking dream when my fucking dreams are being crushed? You feel me? So it's like what we don't understand. We've been We've been programmed to be the way that we are, and we malfunctioning and don't even know the fucking reason why. So like, like for me, I know the reason why people feel the way that they feel. But the thing that I do is I constantly, I literally and pimpsy helped me do this. I wrote down everything people said that I wouldn't do, and I went back and did it. So if a motherfucker hate me, it's because they hate themselves. And if they hate themselves, I can't help you. You know what I'm saying. You got to motherfucker came up to me one time at home. It was like, Dave Banner, I really don't like you, and I hugged He said, I really don't like you, and I hugged him because this after I, you know, became a better meditative banner, doter banner that you made. And I told him, brother, you got to stand in a long line, because at the end of the day, man, people just don't A lot of times too, when you come from smaller places, people don't know how to say I need help, right, So instead of saying, hey, yeah, hey y'all, can I get a beat, it's just like one of homies, like a bitch, you know what I'm saying, Just the.
Speaker 8: Bit, yeah, I know you want to funch man.
Speaker 6: Everything to a game you everything was a gang sign you're talking about for the rest of us.
Speaker 3: So so like for me, Bro, you have to know why people are hurting. And that's one of the things I've been doing. I've been doing these lecture series and like, honestly, this is a crown and I've done. I've got awards from all over the world. This has been my crowning moment. Bro. Like I do lectures and like hoods all over the world. I went to me and doctor Umar did Brooklyn thousand people, did tree Port, Louisiana twelve hundred people. So what do you think, because like one day I called you. You remember this? You and I said, Yo, we really need a hip hop union. Yeah, I remember that. We stayed on the phone for an hour and forty five minutes.
Speaker 8: Yo.
Speaker 1: And and do you think like our heart was in the right place at that time?
Speaker 3: I believe it it was. Let me tell you which I believe. I wasn't wrong, No, you were right. But the thing that we have to do is we have to become successful. Because the thing about these kids, I tell people this all the time, Like kids don't necessarily want to sell drugs, But what they do is they see the success. I'm selling drugs. I see the bitches, I see the women. I see the success. I see what you can get out of it. You're telling me to go to college. Ah, my uncle went to college. He right back on the block, right. So kids want to see some success. So if you want a union. If I want kids to do better, I got to show them some fly ship. They don't want to hear fucking theory. These kids are sick of motherfucker's lying to them, right like the man that shit is dead. All of this wishing and hoping, and people get mad at me, all of this wishing and hoping and playing. We got to get up off our knees and do some ship. And if you be successful and kids see you looking good and face looking fresh, ship card like. Kids just want success. And I tell people that if they see success, then they want to be like you. I don't give a funk if if let me tell you something, if women said I ain't giving no more pussy and nobody but doctors, nobody, but it wouldn't be no sickness in this mother fucker makes the mother. So so let me ask you this question. Now with that being said, good, you're doing a fucking excellent job. Man, I'm on point.
Speaker 1: No listen, but Spike Lee, he just tried to do that point. The point that you said was Fike Lee tried to actually make a play, but it was but he used real coatureing shy rack. Right, But but his I actually see the good and what he was trying to do. Even though it might have made a mockery, but you understand what you just said. It corresponds with what you just said so much because you said if women, but hold on, let me feel You said if woman was to say, nah, we ain't fucking unless you're a doctor. Right, That's what Spike tried to say, that they ain't fucking until you put your guns down. But the city of Chicago, definitely it's yeah.
Speaker 3: You go ahead, bro speaking it's it's like you gotta do that in your sit like Scarface told me that. Man, Like when but Chicago is the worst. But like when you but no, but when you coming in people's cities, bro, and you don't connect like Chicago taught me that. I went to Chicago to I was gonna do like some amazing ship and I sat down and talked to the real people that run Chicago and like, you got to come in, Bro. You gotta do it right. If you really want to help the community, you gotta connect with the people in the community, like bro. That's like me going to La and trying to tell people what to do. Like bro, Now you got to connect with the folks and let them do what they want to do, and you be a part of it. Because if you don't, you saw what happened. So like you don't want to take something that you believe is positive, and look what it ended up turning into. Like you gotta connect.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it because people in Chicago told me nothing to watch it, and I said, I got family out there, you know, like I got real, real family in Chicago. So when they told me they was offended, I just didn't participate.
Speaker 3: But you can't take somebody's pain.
Speaker 1: But I kind of thought what Spike was trying to do, like he was trying to send a message the same ship that you just said.
Speaker 3: Like, I think the message was good. I think the way he pulled it off. Take the message and make the message dope and popping, just like I told him, and make the people. Don't put it out of the guys of somebody else's pain, right, use your pains the right thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was all was a general statement that that was hall. Well, what do y'all think about all this ship with the gun laws going on right now? With the ship that happen Obviously we know we've been having problems with guns forever. But obviously when a ship like an Orlando happens, now it's front and center.
Speaker 5: But what do y'all think about that? Like what comprehensive gun laws? You think should go?
Speaker 3: Tell him dad? They'd be killing niggas in Long Beach all day, man, I mean, what do you really think?
Speaker 6: Like what do you think they should be trying to do past not having you know, rifles with certain amount of rounds?
Speaker 3: Like what do you think that's real? Man? Man? A kid can get a gun.
Speaker 10: Man, I got a little homies around, you know what I'm saying, But it's just about us OG's and all that, you know, getting it into the you know what I'm saying, and just getting into it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, right yeah, because that's that ship is kind of crazy, Like I'm still going through the same cycle or trying to be the bigger man.
Speaker 10: And you know, like unflecks like that get killed though, kid at the same job. You know, it's vice versas, so you always got to know how to play everything. You know what I'm saying, I foresee it all.
Speaker 3: Guns don't guns don't kill people, but but you guns don't kill human stupid motherfuckers kill people. Right, I'm gonna tell yall something and put the camera straight on me. If you want to put David Bann in jail, make some gun laws and come to my house. I got an AR fifteen. I got two AR fifteen because what I believe is there's just as many there's just as many bad cops as there are bad people. Cops are killing black folks with guds every people of culture, period, every fucking day, all around the world. But they're not taking their guns away. These motherfuckers go overseas and and we are the most technologically advanced country in the fucking world, or one of them, and we can't find thirty fucking people, but we bomb fucking nations. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 3: The problem, the problem that I'm trying to get people to see, and and this just made them need is because of our phones, we got a chip on us all fucking day, right, because of our credit cards. They're putting a chip on all your credit all right?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Then you ever watched that movie, yeah, which one market to Bees.
Speaker 10: My mother used to make it. You know, we used to go to check and they made us watch this movie. Called the market of Beast.
Speaker 3: This is a movie.
Speaker 10: Marketing Beast is like when everybody go to heaven, then it's UH soldiers and people telling them what to do and they market them and they putting it in their forehead and they put me in that ship scared.
Speaker 3: And it's just my theory. So all of our quintessential rights are now being taken away and people are not even noticing. So what they did was killing black people. Don't shock America, so that's cool. So they kill some you know, they killed some teenagers, some white teenagers that didn't take away your gun laws. So it's like every time America wants to pass somebody always told me this, if you want to find the arsonists, never look at the fire. It's always something else that's going on in America, like they've been trying to pass gun laws. Because the the thing that I learned, and one of my mentors said, there's no difference between the police and our games. The only difference between our games and the policeman is that when they call for backup them, motherfucker's coming. That is homie.
Speaker 10: I say, everybody in here, when that second car pull up, what happens and that second police car pull up.
Speaker 3: What happened? Yeah, yeah, ship, yeah, And that's the only and that's what they're afraid of, Like to be honest with you, bro, Like they'll take one thing out of a thousand things and make it a big deal. Because we try to find a leader whenever that's anarchy. We need somebody to lead us when when when there's a big and in no way, in no way am I saying that that what happened wasn't wasn't a tragedy, that was one person. So why take away the right that we have because I want you always remember something. Just think about this. Police and criminals don't give a funk about laws. If a criminal want a gun, Dad just said it, you're gonna find a gun. Jen shot somebody here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he shot his homie in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what I'm saying is.
Speaker 7: Bucking his homie literally shot.
Speaker 3: He his hobie. Did we call here, mate, Drake Chaffs of Political Listen, listen, listen. We got the dumbest, fastest universe. And this makes my nooyse for them, But.
Speaker 7: Listen, we gotta get school. We gotta get school. David Manner and schooling us. Dad, He's filming you now.
Speaker 3: That is in the motherfucking bell. You got something right now in you got so many hits? What other crazy ship you produced? My nigga, let's just hit us what you know? Me and Sharon Price did it song when he was with Healthy Skeptic. You know what I'm saying on this. On that first album, it was me and Corup, you know what I'm saying. So that's it. And you and you said you produced for dads on on on on on with your cousin right here, like we're family, tear it up for days we do. You know what I'm saying. The thing is real, friends, we ain't got to talk about that ship. They took care of me when when.
Speaker 1: I needed it, Like, seriously, how did you get into the movie? That's how did you get into the movie thing?
Speaker 3: That's what the money all right? So one of the things I want to tell the kids, it's like people look up at the screen like they'll see pot and be like Pop just went from rap Like Pop was an actor first. You know what I'm saying. I've been in acting school for ten years. I study, I trained everything I do, whether it's fighting, whether it's whatever the fuck like kids have this misconception that you just fall out the motherfucking bed. If you're talented, that's only a head start most of the time. Motherfucker's just Steph Curry is a perfect example of that. That's a motherfucker that worked buses fucking ass. You know what I'm saying to become great. And the thing that I realize is like, and I think about the West Coast more than anything. Like the thing I think and my personal assumption that really took the West Coast to the next level is like during the time that dre and then was making them move, they had colors, they have boys in the hood, because a lot of times you can hear a record, but if you don't know what that shit look like. My fus was like, motherfuckers can't be through that ship that they say that oh ship they are, that's the sixth fold. Oh that's what that ship is. That's what the switches do, right, That's what that ship is. That mass When he did the movie that kind of helped his movement. What I say is like, I still don't think the South has had just that proper movement, because like, we need people who are actually producers and directors that come from where we come from instead of people from other places coming and giving what they think is from the South. Because a lot of times when I see motherfuckers do shit about the South, I be mad about that ship. Like I be like, dawg, that's that's what you think it is. You know you gonna do a Mississippi movie. I'm gonna do it again. I'm gonna do some Mississippi movies. I'm gonna do some a lot of fucking movies. I'm gonna tell y'all something, hey think about this ship. This is the reason why I started doing.
Speaker 1: Movie beat the New York nigga that just come in and shoot somebody. That's all I want to be in the Mississippi movie.
Speaker 3: Come on, that was the only place this cattle. But this some ship. I want to address the addressing guy damn belly. When they had to do eating the Banana from the South, I had he wasn't from the South. He was from Ohio. Yeah, google as the Carolinas, some coast ship. Just like the way either way, the small town eating the banana ship on the corner. It was what it was, what you said, we would have had a problem. It was listen to this, y'all. Check this. This is the reason why I started doing One of the reasons why I started doing movies. It was this little black girl. Hold on a second.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that he's the only guess we ever had that looked at addresses everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at this nigga. This nigga thin he doing this show? They're just gonna do it to living looking at me like, you know why? This is when you know, see dad, see you? He said, what you're gonna do that too? He turned a look.
Speaker 5: This is this is.
Speaker 3: This is niggas will know how to control the crowd.
Speaker 1: This is the difference between talking and being a microphone controller. Now, this is real legendary ship happening. I'm sorry if the listener didn't.
Speaker 3: Know what's going on. Continue, Okay, So this is what happened. It was a little black girl. She came in crying uncontrollably. She asked the father. She asked the father, She said father, She said, Dad, Dad, Dad, Are there gonna be any black folks in the future. He looked down and said, baby, why you asked that? She said, because I was watching the Jetsons and I didn't see nothing like. Literally, think about this as as it pertains to black jetson and he wasn't black. Don't forget to know. So so watch this for black people. Most black people, because of conventional religion, I think Jesus is white. So think about all the god complexes in the world. Jesus white, Superman is white, Flashes white, Wonder Woman is white, Tarzan is white, all the black folks in fucking jungle. So think about Listen, when a kid, I'm a step child and the fact that I don't look like my dad, that fucks with me. My stepdad changed my whole entire fucking life. He been with me since I was three. So when I always tell people, if you told your kids that they was gods, maybe they would act like gods. And maybe if they act like God, somebody would treat them like gods. It's easy to kill a nigga. And I always tell people, if I see a God in you, I might beat the devil out your motherfucking ass, but I won't kill you. So when most black people see white people, in the back of their subconscious they see Jesus. I don't know what serious na think about. How quick a motherfucker kill another black person. They see some white folks, they be like, damn, that's Jesus very deep drinks sounds a big dice again phones And I was like, you know, I'm conscious, So I know exactly right now, I'm conscious conscious though, you know what I mean? Like that, that's some real ship, man, that's some real ship. So dazs man, I don't even I'm trying to keep it together. I'm trying to keep it together, man. So dads, what what what do you see hip hop going now? From here? From here? Hip hop is on a good path right now, going to the top. Man. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: It's all the commercials, you know, old people rapping and ship and there, so you know it's going there. The money is there and.
Speaker 1: Snoop out there killing them still. I was like, like like in the night like Snooped on age all the time.
Speaker 3: And that was very correct. That's the hip hop prince. He Superfly. Superfly was the one that hooked me hell with smooth. He heard my beast before anybody else. He did the most admirable ship ever. He said, at the end of the day, Snoop make the money. We got to take the beast to him, like he heard my beast was like, yo, ship jamming. He was like, man, fuck me personally, like it's cool, you can have some beasts on my ship. That's coming out. You need to go see. And Snoop did the crazy ship y'all. That's when we had the A s R. And the dish used to get corrupted, but that y'all, Snoop stood up in front of me. My disc was corrupted, so the beat he wanted wouldn't pull up. He said, you got two minutes pull that mother fuck up. And y'all, I was homeless, sleeping in my van and I literally saw my career passing across. Hey. Dog was about to piss on myself, like what the fuck? I'm broke as fuck and this motherfucker won't know He three two poor, get the fuck out of here. Ship. He was like, I'm just jumping down. He was like, don't get come back and like all us been cool every since then. I snuck you steak on you man to play the beat for y'all them and like their whole family took me in. Like when I was in La, I ain't know nobody bro Like they really appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: And what made you well, Well, you lived in Atlanta first and then lived in law What happened was, man, I've been there.
Speaker 3: I went from Mississippi to Louisiana to Atlanta to New York. I was homeless, sleeping at the next the dogs and ship pissed on the floor and ship and I moved at I moved a I was dating at the time. I was dating a girl in Trent, New Jersey, and I thought I could ride.
Speaker 5: Thirty and just Trent.
Speaker 3: I love gold fingers. What's up? And they were out there what's up? Very every was going to pick it up and tread. No, I was nobody picked up that. I actually moved in with her right now, Mama to New York and get this deal was good? But now, wasn't you down with Loud s r C?
Speaker 5: Yeah you got one of the biggest deals that Yeah, that was afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but inside the label was was you not included in it? I wasn't in Loud, We was sr C. That was a whole because that was after Steve threw the chair out the window.
Speaker 5: But he invested in you to restart the whole joint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like like like we we did that, like, to be honest with you, it was it was reciprocal.
Speaker 5: And I say this, that's what I meant at that time.
Speaker 3: I say this, I say that told you our fans, the dumbess in the world. What it's both players. I'll say that, I'll say this about I'll say this about Steve. I think Steve because I was running. I was running in LA and I saw Steve, and I think Steve. Don't think I like him, like we're cool, Like I don't have no problem with dude.
Speaker 1: You don't think dead presidents like him neither, like I'm Coolie the late like bro.
Speaker 3: I think he changed my life and I changed his life because I believe I'm the reason why he was able to really stand up in the universal building that like a pimp record.
Speaker 1: But when he saw that, why is that like an issue? Like you and dead Press both said the same thing about him.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, people think because you pro black, that you hate white folks. Break it down and and dude, you can be Celtic and you can be from any fucking place and be proud of your country. Black folks the only groups of people that if we stand up for our people, they think we hate somebody else. That's some bush. That's definitely because motherfuckers know what they've done wrong. Like, dude, I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't know any other label that would have have took a rapper like cun motherfucker three since Mafia, let me say that again, since Mafia, wou tang a whole bunch of crazy motherfuckers group of my Like, like I tell, I don't think I could have went anywhere else and been as exactly. Yeah, don't I don't exhibit yeah ray Kwan and go on and on. But like the thing is, bro is like Steve, I was one of the few people I noticed this, Bro. I was one of the few people the folks were scared of me, Like people see that this ship right here, Bro, But there's a whole nother one. I started to change my name away from David Banner because I saw so many similarities in me and an incredible hope because like I got a clinical anger problem. Though, like I go to therapy, I sit down on the couch with an old white lady and talk about how fucking angry I am. You know this is my therapys. The number of the white.
Speaker 1: Being my therapy while he's talking about therapy, and that's why the ship happened.
Speaker 3: Like in Washington, dude, Like at the end of the day, we still our default is where the fuck we from? If a motherfucker, if a motherfucker get wrong with you, left right, if you right back to the hood section one second. So so for me, like like like like like like the thing is, man, is that I I think I did. I think I did as much for Steve and Steve did for me. But I couldn't have been the man that I am today because I'm doing some amazing ship. What people don't know, bro, I own a multi media company. I scored all all the music for Gatorade, for the World Cup, Mercedes Benz, Marble versus Capcom, I did that shoe uh ship, you name it all three years ago. All the music for PEPSI doing. I'm coming to America, Let's make And what you need to know is I am the guy that says the real penises clean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, tell tell them, God damn time.
Speaker 3: But I just sat in.
Speaker 5: I sat in his session. It was crazy. He was doing mad deals. Remember when I went to LA and I just sat in your interviews. He was doing scoring ship. I was like, yo, man is doing crazy ship right now.
Speaker 3: But but but that's where that's where I keep telling people, like, if you want to get these kids, you got to show them some success. So the truth is people hear about the goudbox, like what you can about Go right.
Speaker 1: I'm about to go on to this because you know I follow you on social media and I think your fans are a little best off at you. I'm gonna just keep it real why they've been waiting for you to drop this for quite some time, Like I'll be seeing them just go at you like I love when I follow a nigga on social media. They liked the pre mix tape, they like that. But it's been so much anticipated that I've seen you on an interview where you said that the reason why you couldn't get it is because you needed people's signatures.
Speaker 3: It was how difficult. It wasn't just that I'm gonna say this. I was real disappointed because I really only did records with people and me, and you talked about this like after I had made the metamorphosis that I made. Yeah, definitely, you gave me where I want to go. You get me where I want to go. You want to answer that because I got somewhere. I want to go. Go, go where you're going to Listen. We had Tyler Quality on this show, right, and he thought I was bullshit.
Speaker 1: But I really want Tyler Quality to run for New York City may because I think at some point as US hip hop and you know, somebody getting killed and we retweet that and we say so, hold on home, we say so.
Speaker 3: But why we can't have time lit Quality want for New York City? Man?
Speaker 1: Right, get David Bahma, Mississippi mayor or it you don't gotta run for Mississippi mayor.
Speaker 11: Let's do some all swortser nigga ship Hollywood. You know what, we got three million something right now?
Speaker 3: And you know what? Also, this is a thing. Man, Let me say one thing. Let me let me stop you excuse are you running for me? We need you to tell you this because listen, listen, let me say.
Speaker 1: What I want to get off my chest because I feel like this is there's whatever races there is, we should add another race and that race should be hip hop. And what I mean by thatdeed, what I mean by that is why hip hop society can't look out This is one of the deepest conversations I ever had.
Speaker 3: I knew him in fifty fifteen years.
Speaker 1: It's me hitting him and say, yo, I just feel like hip hop need a union, like I want people that he don't have. Ship all the way down has one hit they distributed and then they fucked up. I wanted to like pay for something like if he breaks his knee.
Speaker 5: That cares one cares one. He tried to do the Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 3: I told you I had already spoke to the brother and this is real shit.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 1: I think we can control more because I told it to Russell and I said this on the podcast. I said this on another podcast I don't remember, but I told Russell. I said I need you to run for president and Russell said, yo, I smoked dope.
Speaker 3: I was like, I said, everybody swore no smoke, but he said, he.
Speaker 5: Told you. You know the wind.
Speaker 10: You know he don't smoke. But he said, man, in my young day, you can look at it and crush groove.
Speaker 3: He smoked heroin right a funk that right now.
Speaker 1: Listen, now, listen, I'm gonna try to break something down as smart as I can right now. Whether you agree with Trump or you disagree with Trump. He is making politics like a freestyle battle.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a total freestyle.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a free It's kind of like smack D v D. He took it all the way down.
Speaker 1: It's like, Yo, you can say something facts and if I got the better rhyme, more punchline added into the crowd. With the punchline the crowd. So why we can't elect Kanye and jay Z whatever the president two years is? And then to make sure we get them, we get the people running for mayors? Uh, bun beat bun beat the president of definitely, what is it?
Speaker 3: What is it? Come on, man, help me out with every city? No, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Poor after you know he running poor after you know Tyler Quali running.
Speaker 3: At least Brooklyn office. If if you don't run for the actual mayor.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, like Snoop running for the motherfucking governor of.
Speaker 3: Cala, California.
Speaker 1: Like listen, because we all laugh, because this is my dream, right listen, we're all laughing.
Speaker 3: But the same way we get a.
Speaker 1: Nigga to go out and buy a Drake album for whatever whatever. Listen, Drake, you running for Toronto.
Speaker 3: Now you know what I'm saying, like, hey, your dreamming too far? That what I'm saying. What I'm saying because because something that drunk, that's something that that's in the that's in the works. But but the thing is is that I personally feel like we got to stop saying it because when when when the.
Speaker 5: Teeth gonna stop?
Speaker 3: When when they're not not that they're gonna start. When the teeth paraty do ship? You don't know what it to it's too late. Look at it like this man.
Speaker 10: Paying all the taxes and all the other ship man, this ship is gangsted. You know it's gainst it on the street. Then motherfuckers up there they kill they kill you that you know what I mean, toust you off in the minute when they brushing their teeth.
Speaker 1: And ship young, listen, the laws that don't protect us, if we actually have a chance, make the laws.
Speaker 3: That protect me. Let me let me tell you the easy way to tell them. This is what I tell people. Power won't invest in poor people into poor people and invest in power. We gotta make power moves, but we gotta do it. We gotta do it quietly, though, bro, we gotta talk to each other in rooms. Hold on, we got to talk to each other in rooms, like how me and you talk. And then once we get our ship together, then we talk about it because we talk about it before. Then they figure in out ways to make sure that's like this. It's like this, Never say a name on the internet before you go get the domain name.
Speaker 10: That's what I'm talking about, because motherfucker's gonna try to get the name and I ain't want to send it to you and that.
Speaker 8: To make sure.
Speaker 6: But but you know something that I think we've been fucking up as a culture when I'm you know, I do the documentary series where I go outside the country and I'm checking out these other countries.
Speaker 5: And as I've been going to these countries, they saying they don't really follow us no more.
Speaker 6: And I think us as a culture, we were not paying attention to the end the influencer we've had internationally which could have made even the culture more powerful here, you know, and then we let it go.
Speaker 3: We let it go.
Speaker 5: Now when I went to Vietnam, I just went to Vietnam. I'm like, who influences you? Korea? Japan used to be us.
Speaker 3: Remember when we know sh we go down there. It's a motherfucking party.
Speaker 5: No, it's definitely a party, no doubt, but influential.
Speaker 3: When we go down there, could be walking down the street. But we're not investing in the culture about there. But this is when I said, I apologize to cut you off, e. But this is what I'm saying. Like the Voter Die.
Speaker 1: Campaign, everybody had a T shirt a T shirt and we did diploma crazy whatever.
Speaker 3: But let's imagine if Puff was the actual running guy, the guy to a run, the result that had with us, if we had it exactly Puffy State Shock got like, why we can't force Puff and Kanye like really enforced people who don't want to know they'll do it.
Speaker 1: They'll do it because this is hip hop. Being the president. Donald Trump made being the president hip hop because he went at it like.
Speaker 3: A smack DVD. This make some noise with Donald Trump. I don't know if he trump no no, but watch his approach and he got watched this stuff.
Speaker 5: Watch no no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: Watch this. But people, it's because we don't pay attention. I don't have a problem with Donald Trump. Donald Trump is a businessman. He showed motherfuckers what he was about he's about business. He said it back in the day. He said, like, if I ever run for president, this one he was a Democrat, he said, I would run as a Republican. He he's the what do you call it, He's the reality He's the reality TV show president, and that's what runs our country. Was like the first watch this, watch this. Hillary Clinton sent over six hundred thousand black men to jail because of the law that her husband passed. Everybody's talking about the Clinton Clinton Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, but we forget about the law that her husband passed that made the Non Violent Drug Act what it was, the three strikes, all that kind of stuff. That was the Clinton family. So I have a point. Donald Trump is theory. He's theory. But the Clinton family.
Speaker 6: Fucking real stuff between the rock and hard place. And plus the Clinton Foundation. What happened in Haiti when I went to Haiti ain't nothing. They was like they do over here, millions of billion into whether the fun they.
Speaker 3: David Vanner the raptor. You might not call you the raptor. That is hard right, Broke, Yeah, yeah, listen, don't call you bro bro bro bro bro bro Miami. Who are we borrow? Yeh like no money, That's what I don't want to be. Are were voting for Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 6: Bertie Sanders is out of it. He's out, he's out. Yeah, he's done up in there. Yeah, you're in the last dam Bie money right now.
Speaker 3: That was funny. Bernie Sanders not here, Bernie Shine to Bernie Sanders real quick. He tried so Hillary, she ain't legalizing weed. No, none of that money fucked up.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have ton am I supposed to make.
Speaker 10: People because I say before Obama got just meet other people both been to skate out of office.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. We legalized weed in Washington, d C. It was all great hope. Reagan pushed dope. Clayton pushed something down a young gay's throat. Since we're talking about throats, White folks that you know about ropes, white folks that you know about trees and men swinging from them that looked like me, How you say that don't affect us, tuskiggy, How you let them infect us? Is fear of a black seamen putting sage on a page to eradicate these demons. This for Tosa, Oklahoma, This for brows Wood. You know what I'm saying, and I.
Speaker 1: Want to ask you this last question because we kept hearing you saying you was homeless and you could have gave up. Let's let's reflect on the moments when you thought about giving.
Speaker 3: Up and what made you not give up until you I'm from the poor state in the union, Mississippisissippi. Yeah, y'all look rich for me from the outside giving up. Let me tell you something, bro, Like, let me tell this to everybody who think about giving up. If you give up, you go back to what the fuck you're from. Giving up is not what you should worry about. It's being successful. When you're successful, that's when shit changed. You used to being broken fucked up like that ain't what you worry about. It's being fucked up, it's being successful. Do you gotta do something new? Do you gotta learn worry about how to keep him calm and can't cuss out the white folks like he used to David Banner, Like, that's when you got to learn a new skill. That's when you got to learn accounting. That's when you got to learn a business. That's when you got to learn how to to be diplomatic. And we ain't diplomatic motherfuckers. We emotional motherfuckers.
Speaker 5: Somebody drunk for me.
Speaker 3: It ain't it ain't bro I ain't going back. I ain't going I ain't no not, I mean going back to being broke a state of mind. Mississippi is. Let me tell you something. Let me tell you I'm gonna clear all this ship up. It's about my people if all the black people and people of culture moved out of Mississippi, because it ain't none of us from this bitch anyway. M hm. You know what I'm saying, like like like we don't own this ship, like we people are culture like, man, this is it's a global thing for all of us. Like I read Mississippi because I read Mississippi as hard as I do. I tattooed it on my back because motherfuckers act like they no. I like the way you break it that. Let me say this, this is on front. You really put Mississippi on the man, like you know.
Speaker 1: I was from left Frack, right, So that's why you keep saying left frack And that's my that's my hold.
Speaker 3: I love it. But that's just a small that is a part of New York City. Nobody had never heard a rapper. Let me tell you, man, but but let me want it. I'm a humble dude. Let me it's let me read this to you. Let me read this to you right quick. It's funny. I was reading Psalms this morning. I wake up every morning and I study something from every religion, every religion. I study Buddhism. My studs, are you every religion? No, I'm not every religion, but I study everything. So listen. It said be not wise and died own eyes, feel the Lord, and depart from evil Proverbs three seven. Like, I don't take credit for shit I'm supposed to do. You're supposed to stand up for your people. You're supposed to do for your community. I don't take when people pop pat me on my back for the ship that I do for my community. You're supposed to do as a man, don't fucking my dad told me that. My dad said, you don't. You don't stand up for the ship you're supposed to do your fucking man. It's that it ain't a lot of men and hip hop, no fucking mode don't tell you what to do, right. So it's like motherfuckers trying to play like I'm a Malcolm or something. No, I ain't no where close to our fathers. We ain't. That's like I'm gonna say this, that's just like basketball players who win one fucking championship and they start comparing them the great motherfucker. That's the grade and the culture. I ain't like. The ship I'm doing ain't special. I'm doing what the fuck I'm supposed to do. But because most motherfuckers don't do ship at all and make me look like a kid. But I ain't doing nothing, bro, I got more work to do.
Speaker 1: But man, I'm going work to do. But we're very proud of. We're very proud of. Doesn't fall as they just passed. We gotta ask, like we ask every other guest, really, where was your first album? What year was your first album?
Speaker 3: First? Ninety two? For a year was your first album? Ninety eight? How many abortions y'all pay for? Just keep it real? How many bosses, let's keep it real? None? How many kids you got to dash? Yeah? Four? Two or four? That's peace? You didn't even how many boys did you? Let me tell you this? Don't no, no, no, You're gonna be in the orld. Time listen to one time listen this sad story. This is really said, and I don't want to bring down the vibe. But I never heard what happened to my kids. This is gonna be a joke and I'm serious. No, he didn't. He got swallow.
Speaker 1: Because it got to be hard being a consciousness around a whole lot of ass ballance things.
Speaker 10: When we started, we learn them hole, so we was it was. It was leading visits alone. You got some money, what can you use?
Speaker 3: Nobody here? It was crazy, like like when it was in Vegas. Yeah, let me get that bottle that's open, because you gotta have a balance.
Speaker 1: David man Lem spell backwards his level because you got a balance.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you why it's not hard for you. Also made strip club music too. Let's make some layse for you. But that is song. Ever talk about it. I may play. I tell people this all the time, bro, just because because unconscious don't mean I don't want to fuck you. Tell people that all the time. Like just because I read the book don't mean my dick don't get hard. But it doesn't. But it doesn't control me like it used to. Like the thing is I watched man, I even watched the ship that happened to part they admit it. When that rape shit happened with proper, he wasn't even in the fucking room. So it's like, when are we gonna get fucking smart and realize, like, dude, rap is my fucking business at this point. And I feed literally though, I feed a whole tribe of people of all colors because I'm David Behna, so I have to watch the ship I do. Not just for me because the old David Bander creeps up a lot, but I think about the children, like the people that I fuck with, like the Hawk. Yeah. So so like for me, bro, like, let me tell y'all anybody that's a rapper, let me tell you what you do.
Speaker 8: You fuck.
Speaker 3: Everybody want to fuck. Lawyers want to fuck congressmen, congress women want to fuck.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: Find a broad that has as much to lose as you have to lose, and you cool. You fuck with a broad that's a mayor. Shitn't gonna tell.
Speaker 1: It, because what happens if David the band to get sucked up one day a bitch and then she got you on Snapchat?
Speaker 3: She give me I got Jenial, bitch. I ain't even worried about like I said, nigga ain't got no money. I ain't got no So how do you have to your group? Said, bander, you're very hard. It's fause come.
Speaker 1: On, day, banda, you had you had a one night stand before God, let's bring I did.
Speaker 3: But what I did, let me tell you what I did back in the day. I had a tribe try all over the United States, is what you said. I just had to try. You call him what you want to call him. But I had a try and they all knew what it was.
Speaker 12: So like I had a try from it was all six hours from any place in the unit Canada or the United States, of course, but.
Speaker 3: Then you have afro centric pitches. I had the bitches that had.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 3: You have had women all over the world. It's not about that. It's just about people who understand what you're about. Motherfuckers. Respect Like that's that's part. Part of don't have respect is that pimp culture in Mississis. That's where that's where it comes from. Let me say, that's one of the reasons why I fuck with Harlem, like I fuck with Harlem because the reason why they had zoot suits and ship was from the fucking South, Like that's where the South went to. That's why I lived in Harlem for six years. Like the pimp culture comes a lot of people don't know this. The pimp culture comes from slavery. People don't fucking read like like like like like like like read all the pimp books. The ship. What they did was they treated the woman like the slave map treated black people. That's all pimping is. You know what I'm saying, Like like like, re read any fucking pimp book. Anybody else a real pimp, They'll tell you that ship. That's what it fucking comes from. This ship ain't hard, and that's why it's easy for me to transition. I never learned this much. And it's like everybody just sitting around that's what it ready to call the trippers right now, like little bit, that's not what I meant. David Man, Like did you hear us? You know, Charler came on here and he said that he's seen Prince invent well verse reverse pimping, worse pimping. Did you ever see that type of thing? Well verse pimp you know what that is.
Speaker 1: He's see a bitch pember And he said, I'm gonna pay you to leave that's type of nigga princess.
Speaker 13: This makes a noise for that nigga price that that wait a little bit too, dad, That ship went fast right there. You didn't hear about that.
Speaker 3: You ain't hear about that?
Speaker 5: Did he told the stripper, I'll pay you to get off the stage.
Speaker 3: To get off the stage? This is true? Have you ever done that? I was probably in d C and jail, your dad. I gotta ask you that because all y'all songs say y'all don't give a funk about have you ever been pussy wept?
Speaker 5: Be honest not.
Speaker 1: Maybe me ain't paid for the pussy, but you paid for her to get some converse.
Speaker 3: The sloughs did that? You ain't? You know? This my matter? What can you do for me that I can't do for myself? But listen that you never tricked one. You ain't never get you never did that, not one time. I mean, you know, I always been a hustler, so I always had my own.
Speaker 10: Ship, you know what I'm saying, and if being kicked out exactly so you know, I'm looking for somebody who could do something for me. I know what I could do for you, and fuck you.
Speaker 3: About. But as a kid. We always hip it in because that's all we knew. Listen, right, but you ain't never been pussy whipped. I mean, you know, I like the bitch. That's as much as get You know what I'm saying that she keeps fucking me back. You know what I'm saying, We fucking It's like, you know, you know we in this entertainment, we moved. You know what I'm saying. I'm not gonna lie. I'm not gonna lie. In our experience in New York and the East Coast, and I forget about you, we have respect. We have respect for our women. When it gets to the South at the West coast, like we don't call our women bitches.
Speaker 1: Y'all gonna say what y'all want, But in New York, we don't call our women benches. When you get to the South, they be like beh be older than we did. You see the nigga beat cat stacks. Oh yeah, I see spinning a face. But but listen further west you get they even put But like, if you think about it, the disrespected towards all women don't start to the South.
Speaker 3: And then it's look at David ben different person and women two different things. But there's a lot of businesses. But you do you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Like they're like, let us this is deal with realistic ship like y'all actually call y'all homegirl, Like we don't call our homegirls bitch.
Speaker 3: But in the south on the West coast. But let me tell you what I believe about that. I believe that music in general just is because if you notice, as soon as whatever whoever was controlling music at the time, everybody adjusted. So we can't necessarily say that anymore because what you have to understand during the time that you came out, and I tell people this all the time, even in New York, you had a community that was conducive because you had the Israelites, you had the nation of Gods and earths, you had everybody out on the block. Was it who took all the people off? Was attacking youre? Who?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 3: The Lord? I mean, mayn it could have been it was what David, you know what's going on? Anyway? Make the point. The point is this is that if you look at New York now, the blocks are clean, it's not conducive to rappers. We come from a place that ain't conducive Julian type of thing.
Speaker 8: Julian.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's who it was. It was Julian, So Juliati.
Speaker 1: What Juliati did was he made stop and frisk law, the law like I can just look at you if I'm a police officer and I can.
Speaker 3: Just everything in the hood. Yeah, well that but the fish law, Oh yeah, for sure. People don't even have a self defense law in New York. You can call to hammer, you go to jail. That's it.
Speaker 1: It's not Florida, that's not Mississippi, it's not l A. Yeah, New York we got the we got the foulest law. So I know what you're trying to I gotta shout out to to to. I had to park my bus and where's brand new?
Speaker 3: Being from New York, I had to park my bus in New York shell, Yeah, because I had and I'm from Mississippi, so I had all them things my bus. But the problem, the problem is this is that we don't look at the history of the places that we're from. Like what people don't understand is most unless you're from the Islands, if you black, you from the fucking South. So it's saying that people came and people went to different parts of the country and got enlightened and forgot the reason why we are the way that we are. Do y'all know why we call crackers crackers? Do y'all know why we call honkeys honkeys? We call honkys honkys because they used to pull up to the the black wholehouses and they felt like they was too good to come into black whole house. So they used to hunk hunk hunk to hockey. And you know why, because of the crack of the whip on the fucking back. Even the words that we call them that they say that's derogatory. They're powerful, and you cracking my ass on my fucking back, that's a word of power that ain't like nigga. So I'm just saying that when you look at the south and you look at the West coast, you gotta look at the ship we went through.
Speaker 5: Do you know that?
Speaker 3: I can't say, you mean, George Jefferson ain't aving honky. Do you know about them pulling? Do you know about them? I think in South Central I think it was South Central. If I'm not correct, excuse me, West Coast, but I think it was South Central like where they pulled up the uh massurbation. They pulled up the train car with all the guns in it and all the homies when it got the guns out like like dog like cracking America. You gotta think about Ali Nord. You gotta think about Rega. Yeah, like that, Like when you look at the reason why the South and the West Coast and the reason why we do the ship that we do. We do it for a fucking reason, and nobody ever talks about the fucking plane that we go through. And the thing that I hate when people move to these different they forget where the fuck they mama from. If you remember Mississippi, the album my first album. When I started my album off, I say, where the fuck your mama from? Where the fuck your grandmama from? If you ain't from the islands, motherfucker, you from the South. Much so so so when you look at the Black Exodus, black people were supposed to go and educate themselves and come back and either get us or educate us. But motherfuckers went and got government jobs and forgotten. Motherfucker. And that's where I come in.
Speaker 1: It's true, after slavery, we went straight to the South. But this generation is upon generations of people who are like I would say people in the West Coast on a third or fourth maybe fifth generation. The same thing in people in New York. But yeah, your ideology everything. We all from the South. We came from slaves. We came to the South, or we went to Puerto Rico, you went to Dominican Republic, you went to Columbia, which island was.
Speaker 5: The slave all came through the island.
Speaker 3: That's why I wanted people. There's people in Dominican one.
Speaker 1: These people, the people in the Dominican Republic darker than people in Compton.
Speaker 7: There's people in uh Uh, but they don't consider themselves black sometimes and that's the problem is still entrenched in the culture.
Speaker 3: I just left Africa and that's what I found out. Like colonialism is bitch, bro, Like.
Speaker 5: I always tell the lasting effects where people are cultured.
Speaker 3: Anybody in this motherfucker Where can you go and really really, really really escaped white supremacy.
Speaker 7: Haiti not even not even because because because when I went to Haiti, they.
Speaker 6: Don't want to the night people live all in the mountains and they were the Richard people.
Speaker 3: I heard somewhere that Haitian people are David Banner's favorite.
Speaker 1: Listen, you might be right, but I ain't going to Haiti or Cuba until you'all build a w.
Speaker 3: Making for I'm sorry, man, but placements that that defended themselves from white supremacy, like always exactly, what's my point? Always to play something like treaty? Exactly that treaty. You're going to Haiti for vacation. Brother, look a beautiful places.
Speaker 5: Don't play.
Speaker 3: Hollywood movies. You ain't going to hate vacation. And it may not be for a vacation, but a learning process, like for us to learn, we need to learn.
Speaker 5: We need to learn.
Speaker 3: But listen, So you came from Africa. Let's take it there, let's go. He said he came from Africa. He just said, he just he just came from Africa. Let me take Let me tell you what I learned about Africa. White supremacy and people in America make you afraid of Africa so you won't go and be a billionaire. If you want to be a fucking billionaire, you need to take your ass to Africa. That's where they going. Everybody in the world is chopping up Africa resources. It's crazy. And the one thing that I learned, Bro, this is some crazy ship. A lot of the people that they flashed on the camera that y'all think poor them. Motherfuckers got seventy cows and fucking four hundred acres of land. It's like, they don't need your fucking help. That's one of the things I learned, Like a lot of people that they take pictures of to make the motherfuckers like the motherfuckers ain't hurt. I went to a motherfucker and a girl tried to give Terrence J. Girl at the time, tried to give one of the dudes' money. He slapped the money out of fucking hand, like, motherfucker, I needt your motherfucking money. All that shit you looking at. So it's like like, bro, like they scare us away from my homeland, so we won't go back and get money. Like, I gotta be honest with y'all. I didn't take the opportunity, and maybe I should have, but I had an opportunity to set up publishing situations in Africa, and I didn't do it because I didn't want to be the motherfucker that take an americanized system and pimp people who don't understand. But it's like bro like the resources, the opportunities. I want to tell everybody in this room. If you in the city that got a whole bunch of buildings, you've written, But if you in a place where there's only land and build you got an opportunity to fucking build. Like my best friend in the world right now, she fucking told me something I never thought about. She said, you know what I mean too, Bana. I said no. She said, I'm into putting my name on buildings, And I never thought about that. Everybody who's listening to drink champs right now, when you in your city, look up and look at all the motherfuckers who names on building. It ain't no picture, it ain't no people of culture. You've been in Africa. In Africa, we've been all over snooping, scars the limit. So here's the main dollar question, Banner. You got some pussy in Africa.
Speaker 5: You went to Liberia, Libera.
Speaker 3: You can't even drink the water after inside.
Speaker 1: Because I was offended and they flew into steaks on water not our home, Mohammad, did you tap in to the real resources.
Speaker 3: Of another one? There you go?
Speaker 7: What did what?
Speaker 11: Day?
Speaker 3: Chapel said, we don't know what they said, not this one. I know you didn't get them pussy in Africa. I've never come on going to Africa. I've never heard of a good Yeah, I got man, you gotta loosen up. That ain't my job. That what you need?
Speaker 1: You did it so with You did a song for t think man, you did a song. How how much pussy was coming to you in the strip club at that moment you come on, David Man, loops up the people listen. The best thing in the life is that you know was Tyler Quality? Like again, I told you said right there, and I just you know, I know how cool you are. I know how cool Tyler Quality is. And that's the best thing to drink camps could do is just show how cool you motherfuckers are.
Speaker 3: Because sometimes to certain hip I don't know.
Speaker 1: We gotta stop Tyler Quality from texting these fans on Twitter. He's you don't go to sleep, He's gotta stop.
Speaker 3: I wat coming four o'nlock in the morning. This motherfucker is still.
Speaker 5: These motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but bad, Yeah, we gotta Even if we ain't talking about your life right now, we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Your past life. Got a lot of pussy in life right, talk about it. Let me tell you some noise back in the past life and no harm at all. I need you to reset yourself, close your eyes, your eyes for a second, turn around towards me.
Speaker 9: Stopping.
Speaker 3: Even when I was broke, I ain't. Never had no problem with no puss. Make some noise when that when I was at my brokes. Bro. But but I'm just being honest with you, man. I had a great time in life, but I was super focused, bro, Like, I gotta be honest. You think about this. I was acting, I was rapping, I was activist, Like dude, Nobody thought about the ten years in my career, bro, I went straight from like, think about it. When I wasn't rapping, I was producing t I Wayne or or what's the guy that produced Michael Jackson. Oh Quincy Jones. Yeah, people like that. Let's remember Quincy Jones five. So like, bro, Like, the thing is is what people don't understand. A lot of these rappers get in the rap to get pussy because they never got pussy before. Pussy and drugs and shit. I'm gonna open up nobody. Ever, I don't think I ever talked about this. I started fucking when I was six. I'm being honest with you start smoking. Did you start smoking? Nobody? I was very clear. I started smoking weed when I was eight. So it's like by the time I got older, the ship didn't mean nothing to me, Like like, pussy don't move me, like drugs don't move me, like opportunity moves me. And if you get the opportunity to pussy in the drugs, whatever else, it's gonna come. And that ain't no pimp and ship. That's law, that's you know, best law. Goddamn. I just feel like my collar, this is your job, goddamn, Like like like I don't I don't understand rappers getting in the game to get pussy, Like that's lame. If you got to find something else to get pussy, like you are another kind of dude. Like when I was the Brokens, I got pussy pussy on the problem. To me, it ain't never been. I've been an extract. Let me tell you, I'm a melanated fucking phenomena. Let's be clear about that.
Speaker 5: I look look at you just said she dropping the panties.
Speaker 3: If the panties already dropped, don't worry, that's good. But the thing is that don't control me, Like like that kind of ship don't matter to me. That ain't that ain't that's what that's When I was in high school, all these motherfuckers missed the mark. Like, dude, I want to go down in history. A man told me, it's not what people think of you now, it's what they think of you eight hundred years from now. Like like they gonna say Biggie Smalls was a white boy. They might, but they gonna say they don't say, mother, you heard me. But now let's just keep it real. I enjoy looking at you guys beards. I had first. I had first, How does what are y'all trying to represent? Wisdom that he's about white? The white bit because this wisdom that I don't want to die my ship.
Speaker 5: Because because I know.
Speaker 3: You could die this ship. I think I think I wanted to be the first black man that stood up and tell, you know, to show the youth that it's cool to be an elder like I earned mine.
Speaker 5: Like I just got tired.
Speaker 3: I got tired of man so wisdom both both. I just got tired of cosmetic ship like it was dying. Well, yeah, my ship been great. Let's be real. My ship been great since I was twenty seven.
Speaker 1: The fucking like, yeah, I'm seeing your side to a little bit, but I'm extravagant.
Speaker 3: Though I'm extravagant, but I won't. I'm want kids to know that it's okay to grow up because in African culture, the fucking elders are the motherfuckers that's revered.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna be real and Native culture as well, the youth are the movement.
Speaker 3: The youth are the feet. The youth are the feet, the elders are the brain. An American culture, we don't even respect the fucking elders. And I trip on young rappers because one thing you can't and I'm saying this word only because of the ignorance, nigga, the one thing you can't stop, or the two things you can't stop, is getting old and dying. So why the fuck are you gonna stop getting old? Like you need to be prepared for that ship because you keep saying young, young, young bitch. You got ten years and you rap one nigger hair got a.
Speaker 5: Hero.
Speaker 3: This is awesome.
Speaker 5: Who ever thought right?
Speaker 3: Man's a question? Yes, ask your question, bro, Like if there was one thing, because I know what it would be if there's one thing you could tell that youth that's popping, like right now, he just got his fucking deal. He popping. He happy. There's one thing that you could tell him, one mistake that you made. What would it be?
Speaker 10: Observed? Don't talk? Just listen, jodosy boom, you know what I mean. Yeah, but yeah, just observed.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying. I watch everybody else's mistakes to know what I need to do or not to do. That's why I'm still here, you know what I'm saying, And so I try to advise everybody the same thing. You know what I'm saying, Count your money, watch everything. You know, what are you gonna have in the end?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, As you're doing with that money as a producer, though, Like I like that talk. Yes, what is that thing like if you think that separates Dazz from everybody else?
Speaker 10: I mean, you know, just being ambitious, you know, always want to go. Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying, just you know, just getting to the getting to the point of time. You know what I'm saying, You don't need a bush and you know what I'm saying, somebody gonna get knocked out of this. So hey, you know, it's always good vibe and always work with people. Like when you come in the room, you already feel the vibe something different.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Your spirit will let you know what's going on. I tell people all the time. People try to come in in the studio and see what I do. Always tell them it's soul music. There is no algorithm for what I do.
Speaker 1: You know what the greatest ship for me about producers is y'all always the smartest nigga in the room. I don't know if smart, but body what I mean is any person that produces. It's it's like seeing a canvas, and y'all can see the canvas before the canvas is painted.
Speaker 3: Artist, we actually need to see the outline. You gotta give us the outline and our color in between. I'm a kid of Garter nigga. That's the way I think about her. You give me the outline, motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Mathematic.
Speaker 3: So like you know, hazard, this is a producer. You know all your brothers that's producers right here. It's like your verse on the Firm was my favorite, all of our favorites.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm gonna make one last album and dazz. I really need to be, man, I really need to be That's easy.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I got one now, all right, Well I'm an Shaw, come correct, because I've been I've been fucking up right now. I've been traveling, drinking, drinking tamps, drinking drink.
Speaker 3: Were doing with an I n g the motherfucker. But listen, man, listen, There's no way I can thank you guys so much because at the end of the day, you know, the.
Speaker 1: Numbers is one thing before our artists to trust us and us being people that's inside the game. Always tell people we are like Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley and motherfucking what's the other nigga? Check killed O'Neill. Because we are inside the game. We've been in the locker rooms. We we did everything that we had to do. We played the game, and we want people to come in and express theirselfs. You know, Dad, we just did an interview with him in Las Vegas and we had Drew Hall Tony Yao corrupt and you know it was a whole bunch of you know, a whole bunch of and I say, das Man in Miami come out here, and then David Banda flew out here.
Speaker 3: I want to thank you brother that about something. It's so beautiful. It happened to me that if it want you for y'all, I wouldn't have came today. Like no, no, you have no idea what happened to me. I just spent It's funny. I spent all my years of being a rapper and I never got in trouble and I didn't got in more trouble and last month than I have in my whole career. But I think what what is showing me is that something is about to come. That's how the most work with me. And I was really proud of y'all man like good and bad bro like me, and you've always talked your mind about it personal. We always been trying to find out our wing and because we love the culture so much, and like y'all did some ship that he bri. I don't really drink in front of motherfuckernk today, Yeah, but I did that for I think that's one reason I did it. One because they got to see just because ship we read the fucking book.
Speaker 1: Don't mean and we don't get your human Jesus made like that, didn't he Jesus made wine and bread.
Speaker 3: This Jesus, Jesus want his niggas in simile as terms. I'm just lexing, so Jesus one of his niggas if it was Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, you know what, You're so historic, You're so legendary, you know, David benn Man. We appreciate you guys from coming out because at the end of the day, if we don't support each other and all our ship is just getting together having some talk, letting the fans feel like a fly on the wall.
Speaker 3: Like at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I know we we celebrated about the one million, but I can't believe that it's one million people willing to come out in one week and.
Speaker 3: Support pure one million plus. This is nothing sanctuare What is that called?
Speaker 5: Like added?
Speaker 3: There's no added, there's no derbis, there's no none of that. I don't even know. We didn't even mean it, just we accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean, listen, man, So when the hardest you just always thank them because you know what, y'all could have been anywhere in the world.
Speaker 3: Tonight, but y'all spend the night with the drinks. Let's make something we will technically spend the night. Let's best.
Speaker 1: Because we're gonna drop this one on on Friday, right now, this Friday, the league we were on Saturday space. We had space on Saturday and then on Sunday, I mean to ball. Yeah, they did at me. They wouldn't let me have to They said, even jay Z to do that. You can't do the two parties and man the same day think I'm hot.
Speaker 3: Let me let me get away with that.
Speaker 4: Listen all right, but listen, we have space on Saturday and then we as sideball. You know what I mean, simply jess what's going on? You know, David Banta, you know what I mean. Dazz GPG. I can't thank y'all enough. The only thing I'm gonna have to ask y'all finish that one more party. We gonna have one more.
Speaker 1: We won't dream after it was right here right here, that party after party. Listen to our viewers are subscribed listeners. The people that made us hit one million. We don't got a motherfucking diploma or none of this ship.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't have one diploma. You know, community college, community college?
Speaker 3: What you was doing? I got all right art. What was you doing? I got a diploma and not a diploma. You know diploma? No you got you gotta signed twenty two credits. I need two more credits. You listen, want you to ride. I've been to college. He got general journalism degree. You got something.
Speaker 5: You got.
Speaker 3: People don't know that they gotta. I gotta don't make me unless you get paid at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yo, this is monumental. We had every coast represented on every coast in region. We had New York in the east. Excuse me, we had East Coast in the building.
Speaker 10: Make some.
Speaker 3: We had the dirty, dirty dirty South in the building. I think I'm clean in the mother. He's talking about me about to clean South from the And we had the gang bang dry talent.
Speaker 5: You danced kill.
Speaker 3: Your niggas where they had a top ship. This man make money. I saw a video with you on the beach saying like looking looking at my mailbox and whatever. I was like, that's real, bro, Like motherfuckers want to hate us, like whatever we are we all but dog, you are fucking you. You's got to do it like you know publishing. Let me like that deal and legends.
Speaker 14: We got listens we got because give and for motherfuckers that know about publishing. And it's about sixty seven checks for one song.
Speaker 3: It's one more thing y'all gotta ask. So you did. I A'm mad at you and this is a.
Speaker 10: Writer too of America's most pointy. I got my mind made up with meth and respected, Dick.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And you're my friend. I don't know if we made that clear. And that's one of the old You've been my friend for a long time. Do you remember we said the Source Awards and we was all up together and soon the shocker one it was.
Speaker 3: It was heartbreaking. You know what I say.
Speaker 1: That's my nigga's let's make you can celebrated that morning and birthdays an.
Speaker 5: Murder sounds tracked by David Bannon right now, David, David.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much man for coming by stopping.
Speaker 1: You asked me any question you want, brother, you can turn it on me at any point.
Speaker 3: Half a meal, God blessed, God bless you. I was thinking about that. I saw I was going back through our old ship, bro, and I was thinking about half a meal.
Speaker 1: But the real New York City had underground hip hop is about the love of you.
Speaker 3: How can you remember that? For me? God bless, I was hungry as fun. I remember all that that nigga. I'm gonna tell you how much I remember. I remember Nelly coming out and hanging out with half of me another half meal car.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, listen, bro listen Man Penalty, we had some ship going on. Penalty was supposed to sign nellycast.
Speaker 3: Money at first too. It was supposed to sidcast. Cash money came first. That's how that first listen listen like pillow t had a little he had.
Speaker 15: His hands on cash money. Like let me tell you ifs who was what was the what was the what was the name of Tommy Boy? They had Latifa, They had like bro like.
Speaker 3: Brohl John brought bone crushing him over that like Bro. Tommy Boy had ship that they didn't know that they even had bro like and they just fucked it over bro. But what but what it did? It made me a better business man, because let me tell you something before I go out this last thing, I'm gonna say tonight, it's your fault. Even when it's not how the fun, You're gonna expect God to allow you to be a visionary. Being a visionary means you see shit other people don't sheet see, but your cursed to sit in and a loan. So how you gonna expect some other motherfuckers who ay from where you're from and see your vision. You be a fucking business man and fucking a Tommy boy with a pop I wouldn't be who I am. I rank my own fucking buildings now. If a bitch don't want to see me and they say they motherfuckers ain't doing me right, I run a whole fucking building, dude. Literally, it's mathematics. Pull out your fucking phone. I do twenty dollars to twenty five dollars ahead, five hundred dollars, I mean five hundred people, one thousand people, two thousand people. You don't need all these motherfuckers like they tell you you need a million people. You don't need, but twenty thousand motherfuckers that fuck with you and you super serve them.
Speaker 5: Easy.
Speaker 3: It's easy, dog, it's numbers. My mentor said, when you was out on the street hustling, did you let another motherfucker count your money? I said, nor? Why the fuck you doing it? Now? Well? Let them waiting waits after the terrible cut off chance, motherfucking broadcast. We're gonna trade mass.
Speaker 1: Ship we were ever saying for let me try to represent old rappers. Old rappers were gonna liqu up. You welcome to bring your bottles on here. We won't charge him for like the first couple of you know you don't, but it doesn't matter. We want to support rappers.
Speaker 3: This is rapper. Ain't saying that about me being on your album. But I think that was a versus I avocating all the time with him.
Speaker 1: He's gonna go there too, He's not like I let you keep the interviewing him.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you what I did that ship on our Senel hall as a poet and people didn't know like that ship was a verse. Bro, wait before we did it from now after? Really, yeah, I did this. You ain't no boy, he ain't even tell grating is supposed to text each other when that's.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 6: That record is crazy, by the way, and you know Nor he didn't want to do the record originally you was the first one on the record. I was yeah, and then John Connor shout out to John Connor.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to retire from rat for a long time.
Speaker 5: People ain't letting me who's spruging bens is.
Speaker 3: On that record to crazy? Where was the guy that was on it originally? Is this on that record? No? No, no, no, the very first guy that wrote the Sizzlers on that record. No no, no, no no, no, guy that broke. I heard guy that sung on it first.
Speaker 5: That was the demo. I forget that.
Speaker 3: That's the person I gave him the credit?
Speaker 5: Do I gave him the credit?
Speaker 3: He wrote? He wrote that verse I got a So.
Speaker 11: Listen, we all gott you don't know, dream Champs before we ended, well, we're dying.
Speaker 3: You on Vegas. You just dip out of here. You just walk out before we get out of here. Anything you gotta say that don't leave us, man.
Speaker 10: I just want to say I had a great time. Always love everybody, everybody in the room. You know what I'm saying. We all work together, man, and they to get money.
Speaker 3: And keep going. It's not a West Coast counting county before you get about of here. It's anything you want to say, pre order to God, by God, any way you get your fucking music. People say they want better music, but they don't pay for it. So you know it's to the point now where our music is ran by people who don't look like us. And I'm sick of this ship. Like, if you want motherfucker, you want better music, pay for that ship. Motherfuckers is streaming, but it's definitely killing our like like we get paid, it's killing and I got to piss God.
Speaker 5: All right, Really it's learnt that means going to.
Speaker 3: Be Really this is an mm hm