Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Jess Larius is out today. What I'm long on the rose on?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Charlamagne, na God, Peace to the planet this Monday. Good morning.
Speaker 5: How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, black and Holly favorite, happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 4: That's right, it's Monday morning. Back to the work week. How you feeling, How you feeling on?
Speaker 6: I feel good?
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, I'm great.
Speaker 6: I had a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Good weekend.
Speaker 7: Was that home with the family watching the award shows. Y'all watched the NAACP Image Awards.
Speaker 3: I didn't want know.
Speaker 5: I watched you know what?
Speaker 4: I turned it on Saturday?
Speaker 6: It shit? Did it is Sunday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I turned it on. When I turned it on, I caught.
Speaker 1: I literally turned it on when Vice President Kamala Harris came to the stage to do her speech.
Speaker 5: And then it was another time I saw it.
Speaker 1: Gabrielle Union, Taraji p Henson were introducing an award for b E. T. Skott Mills came up there and except the award, that's all I saw.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't, I didn't see it. I had an old man moment this weekend. You mean you had an old man moment, You're an old.
Speaker 2: Man I had.
Speaker 3: But I had a moment though. I was walking outside.
Speaker 4: It was just Friday and it was still cold, and I slipped on the ice, and boy I was I was skating and dancing for at least thirty seconds, and I was trying not the fall, trying not the fall. The next thing I know, my feet went over my head. I was on my back and then I didn't just pop right up. It took me a second to get up, like I had to think about it. I had to reevaluate life in that moment.
Speaker 6: Was outside the house.
Speaker 3: Yes, video of course.
Speaker 5: That it happened to me early in the winter too.
Speaker 1: Man walking to the mailbox and I was on the phone too, and you know, it was so crazy. I was on the phone and I fell and landed straight on my back, didn't hit my head or anything like that, and never got off the phone, and the person that was on the I was on the phone, never knew I fell or anything. I just got up and kept it moving. And it just lets you know that you know, your your reaction to things is what makes you and embarrassed or not, because if nobody's around and nobody sees it, did it happen.
Speaker 3: It's just just you in the ground knew you fell, and God, but it hurts so bad.
Speaker 4: Like I fell on my back in my ass right And when I say I was, I was hurt, Like I was like upset.
Speaker 6: Like was you in pain? So your ego was hurt.
Speaker 4: My ego was hurt. And I wasn't paying too. I wasn't paying to angle for and I was in pain. But then when I felt like I kind of slid a little because it was I. It wasn't just like you felt, and it just got kind of like slip. It was funny to me, but you know, had that moment.
Speaker 1: That black ice on, that black ice will make you racist, That black ice will be like you know what, keep rolling back all of THEI initiatives, keep dismantling the EEO. See, whatever you gotta do to stop blackness, do it, because Lord have mercy.
Speaker 5: That black ice ain't no joke, you hear me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, getting warming to speak so we're gonna get rid of all.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, the Port black Eyes, Port Black Ice their way, I don't know, but yeah, we got a special guest joining us.
Speaker 4: We have defensive attorney Joe Takapina joining us. That's Asap Rocky's attorney. He was also Donald J. Trum attorney, Michael Jackson's attorney, Alex Rodriguez, Meek Mills, YG Swiss Beads, Neils Yesterday, Moil Few Foxy.
Speaker 1: He worked on Michael Jackson's case two back in the day with Johnny Cocker.
Speaker 4: Yes, sure did, yep. So we're gonna be talking to him in a little bit. And we got front page news. Don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, warning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's dj n V, Jess, larryous Chelamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: Alan L. Rosa filling in for Jess.
Speaker 8: Good morning mor again, Good morning, dj ENV, charlomagnea god and Lauren Lroossa Happy Monday.
Speaker 9: How y'all feeling good goode? Morgan good good All right, y'all, let's get into it.
Speaker 8: So topping the headlines, Elon Musk says, all federal workers must report what they did last week or be dismissed, and a social media post, Musk said employees will receive an email requesting information about what they worked on in the last seven days, and any failure to respond to that email will be taken as a resignation. Now, the move comes after President Trump's he said he'd like to see Musk be quote more aggressive in his efforts to slash the federal workforce. Now, in the first month of Trump's presidency, thousands of federal employees have been fired, the first of what officials say will be a wave of layoffs.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 8: Speaking of layoffs, the Trump administration is set to put all civil servants employed by the USA i D, the US Agency for International Development, on administrative leave Monday at midnight, that's today, as well as cut two thousand employees from that agency. A noticed reviewed by The Hill shows that this maneuver is being called a reduction in force and was delivered from the Office of the Administrator.
Speaker 9: Hundreds of employees contracted to.
Speaker 8: Work with the usai D were fired fired following that order and listen.
Speaker 1: Salute the FBI directed cash for telling Tolci Gabbin for telling their employees. No, they not responding to Elon Musk's email. Okay, Like Elon Musk is not an elected official.
Speaker 5: He's not the president. You know, voters didn't vote for him.
Speaker 1: How is this immigrant from another country, you know, a tew able to tell the government to do if they're able to tell the government what the do with their money, and how is he able to tell government officials? Hey, you got to send me an email telling telling me what it is you do. So I'm happy that they pushed back on Elon bus this weekend, that the cash metell of the new FBI director and Tolzi Gavit absolutely pushed back on him.
Speaker 5: I'm happy to hear that people.
Speaker 6: Were still responding to the emails though.
Speaker 7: I got some friends that work and I was with them when that email came out, and they were gathered like literally teams were calling each other.
Speaker 4: Yet so scared MS expenses and bills they got to make sure to face.
Speaker 6: I'm sure it was just a like cross your te dot your I typical.
Speaker 8: I'm sure absolutely, And if you live in a DMV, it ain't cheap. I'm just telling you so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But in another news, President Trump says he will be he will not provide federal funding to states that don't comply with executive orders related to transgender women in sports.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 8: Speaking to governors at the White House, Trump's had an exchange with h He had an exchange of words with Main Governor Janet Mills on Friday over this executive order.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 8: Earlier this month, Trump did sign the executive order that banned transgender women from participating in women's sports.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 8: Trump and Main Governor Janet Mills had a bit of an exchange, which resulted in Trump telling her that he doesn't see a future in politics for her after her term ends.
Speaker 9: Let's hear more from that exchange Trump in Mil.
Speaker 12: Are you not going to comply with it? Well, we are the federal law. Well you better do it. You better do it because you're not going to get any federal funding at all if you don't. Your population doesn't want men playing in women's sports, so you better. You better comply because otherwise you're not getting any any federal funding. Every state. Good. I'll see you, coo. I look forward to that. That should be a really easy one. And enjoy your life after governor, because I don't think you'll be in elected politics.
Speaker 8: So if you couldn't hear, if you couldn't hear the main governor, main governor Janet Mills what she was saying. She was basically Saint telling Trump that she will see him in court and that she's going to continue to comply with federal laws, to which Trump said in the audio you heard, yeah, I am the federal law.
Speaker 1: Why are folks still talking about trans athletes like that is a losing talking point because not with it, and they keep making a micro or macro with that conversation. It impacts such a small small group of people, but it makes a whole lot of people think folks like common sense. So why are they even having that conversation? And I can't believe it's states that still want to die on that hill, Like none of these states have a high percentage of trans athlete.
Speaker 4: So what do you what's the issue?
Speaker 8: Maybe it's just protecting the overall arching issue of trans rights, or you know, you know that's still a that's still an ongoing thing, that's still a developing issue.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know the probability, but I'm sure it's a higher probability if most people don't want you know, men played in women's sports, especially if they have daughters that you know, practice and that I'm sure it's.
Speaker 1: Just not a high percentage of trans athletes in the country period, so know, I know, state the state that have to be even smaller, you know.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: Maybe they like to you know, they're just again getting ahead of the issue. But to your point, yeah, I mean, don't don't diewn the hill y'all are so much more we could we could talk about. But yeah, speaking of which, we'll talk more on at the seven o'clock hours. Seems like my time is up. We'll talk about the Ukraine and Russia situation. Seems like there's gonna be an update with that.
Speaker 4: All right, and everybody else, Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone line to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Wake up, wake up? Wait as if you're time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Really your man or blessed you want to hear from you on the breakfast block? Hello, who's man?
Speaker 11: This is free?
Speaker 3: Go go up, get it off your chest Reco.
Speaker 13: All right, So look, I was checking out John ho'brien podcast Money.
Speaker 5: And Well Legend, and now.
Speaker 13: I hear yes, yes, can I can we get.
Speaker 14: The drawing bomb drops for John ho'brien.
Speaker 1: I'll looking bout for John O'Brien Money and Well podcast available on the Black Effact iHeart Radio podcast network anywhere you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, but anyway, I was listening to podcast It's Charlotte made your ad popped up and I here and a new wig for lad la Row. Why are you always no lower head?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 13: It's crazy?
Speaker 1: You know, first of all, I'm not always on Lauren's head. It's bad wigs that are always on Lawren's head. And it's an ad for Amazon, and I'm just talking about products like I'm talking about products you can get at a at a discounted price on Amazon.
Speaker 5: And I just don't even know.
Speaker 6: Why you put my wig in this kind of price and Amazon one sentence.
Speaker 13: Man, it's crazy. Lord, you got to start.
Speaker 4: So there's a promo running around with him talking about your wig and that.
Speaker 11: You get it off.
Speaker 6: That sounds like defamations, defamation.
Speaker 1: Crazy Listen, I win that case.
Speaker 4: So easily when we go to court and they.
Speaker 3: See your wig.
Speaker 6: Looking in here now and she is that girl? Stop playing with her?
Speaker 3: Okay, hello, who's they?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 13: Manches?
Speaker 3: Hey, Jamal?
Speaker 4: You called it at the perfect time because somebody needs something confidence go Jamal.
Speaker 15: Oh gosh, very bad. I called on the ROSA check your d MS.
Speaker 13: Al Right, I'm in there, baby girl, I'm single ready to mingo.
Speaker 16: I hope you are all right?
Speaker 4: He's single ready to mingle. What's your instagram so you can see what you look like?
Speaker 3: F underscore bond looking at him?
Speaker 17: That?
Speaker 3: How old are you using phrases like single ready to mingle?
Speaker 15: Don't worry?
Speaker 13: Look, look, I don't wanting to tell you yourself for a long time, all.
Speaker 4: Right, but I'm using my time right now for her.
Speaker 6: No, get them, babe, go ahead, get them, babe.
Speaker 5: Not your babe.
Speaker 13: Nothing.
Speaker 11: D can't lose nothing.
Speaker 18: Drake can't lose nothing, all right.
Speaker 11: I know what.
Speaker 1: Drake lost a lot of sleep for the last year. Some changed Okay, Oh he didn't know, he didn't. I'm not arguing with you.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, she's looking up. She don't see it?
Speaker 5: You better?
Speaker 6: What's the instagram?
Speaker 4: What's an underscore y f N Underscore bonds.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I can't see anything.
Speaker 6: Heyes, like he's a private page.
Speaker 3: He's a private page. Yeah, genius, you're about to make it. I'm private for you right now.
Speaker 11: He's about to make it.
Speaker 7: On Friday, six thirty six am on Friday, he said, when you're gonna give up this single? He basically said, when I'm coming home, ain't coming home.
Speaker 1: This might be your future putting this business out there my bad.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see, we'll see. We got to analyze you.
Speaker 7: Make sure you're not somebody say she's telling me to check the d M. You know, the listeners want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 3: Make sure you got a job all right, all right, man.
Speaker 5: I like the energy.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that he sent the message, but then he did a follow up phone call just to make sure you received said message.
Speaker 5: And he's willing to put himself.
Speaker 1: Out there over the air for everybody to express his his desires for you.
Speaker 11: Lord.
Speaker 5: I respect that.
Speaker 4: I don't like the single. Ready to mingle like that. That seemed like he really our age.
Speaker 7: He does the electric slide for sure, like he definitely does electrics without the class.
Speaker 1: The electric slide is not an age thing. You too should know the electric slide.
Speaker 6: If you wait, I do it.
Speaker 7: But y'all are doing it before they start doing that extra clap clap when it been over. That's a different age of.
Speaker 3: The electric slide.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blast.
Speaker 15: So we got out at the same energy.
Speaker 5: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Hello, he gk el boogie Yo.
Speaker 3: What's up? El boogie yo? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: Hey, I need with my niece Simone mcelvee. You work that the Mayor's office in North New Jersey. A happy birthday on yesterday.
Speaker 3: Come on, I forgot to hit comes up and tell her happy birthday. That's your cousin for real? Oh man, yo, heard say Kelvey.
Speaker 15: Okay, they might not be up. They went to the Little Wayne concert and Charlotte last night.
Speaker 5: Oh it was okay, okay.
Speaker 15: Yes, you might not be up this morning, but if she is happy belated birthday on yesterday, and my son rest in Pete. He'll be thirty seven on tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Follow it is large, yeah, large.
Speaker 3: Or so because.
Speaker 15: I finally got it in.
Speaker 19: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting there listening.
Speaker 5: Like, hold on, who the hell is this?
Speaker 1: It's my cousin, Lawrence man most Corn in South Carolina all day A four three.
Speaker 15: A four three all day?
Speaker 6: You know why you didn't say you was when you call? Is this a real thing?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 13: This is my cousin, je beautiful.
Speaker 15: I'm so sorry. I want to say good morning to you. We sound like l good morning to Lauren if she did.
Speaker 1: Tell Lauren he sounds like Charlot cousin. All right, No, this this is my cousin, cousin. This is my first cousin, my daddy's nephew. Okayme up his parents.
Speaker 5: Uncle and Lodi and Uncle Harris.
Speaker 3: Hey, cousin, what's up, cousin?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 15: I was I don't know who I was gonna get on the line normally. Then that's what I just say. Well out, so.
Speaker 4: Your cousin, yo, boogie, tell us a Charlamagne story right now, good Charlamagne story that we don't know.
Speaker 15: Go oh, I ain't got nothing bad to say. About my cousin. He he repping, he repping eighty four three eight o three all day every day, and we were proud of him down here in the sc man we we. I mean this, what can I say? I can't really say nothing bad.
Speaker 3: I wasn't asking bad. I just said any story. But okay, all right, I.
Speaker 15: Don't have I don't have no no good story here a little younger.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, well, thank you for calling it l boogie.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna hit you up later.
Speaker 11: Cut.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna hit you up.
Speaker 15: But all right, thank y'all.
Speaker 4: You know you're not hitting at No, that's not true this. I actually talked to him. Okay, that's that's how saluted my cousin. My cousin Jimore. It was his birthday yesterday. To salute to Jamore. I forgot to call him yesterday for his birth I totally forgot born day.
Speaker 1: So happy born day this morning. I swear I didn't even know that yesterday was her born day. I was talking to her on last Wednesday too.
Speaker 3: She hits it.
Speaker 1: She frequents a hash story in New York quite often. She don't even want to use my employee discoup family discoup I love that.
Speaker 4: We'll get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: If you need the VN you can hit us up now. We got rooms on the.
Speaker 6: Way, Yes, we do.
Speaker 7: The n double A c P Image Awards went down and Kerry Washington wanted to make sure she didn't fumble that Tyler Perry bag.
Speaker 6: So we're gonna we're gonna talk about it, all.
Speaker 4: Right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's d J n V, Jess, Hilarrys Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura LaRosa filling in for jests and let's get to Jess with the mess you needs is real, whether it's lace, just ca Robin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do talk nobody world why Jess worldwise mess talk.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching with Lauren Lauren Rosa.
Speaker 11: I'm back and I got the mess talk talk Tommy.
Speaker 7: So we are gonna get to the na A c P Image Awards. But before we go there, I did want to take a moment. This happened on Friday, after we were done our show, news broke that Miss Valletta Wallace, the mother of Biggie Smalls, had passed away.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: She died of natural causes on Friday morning, So I didn't want to take some time that just you know, send some love to her family, to to Biggie's family, and send the rest in peace to her. Now definitely, while yes, yes, and when you talk about like you know, black legacy and black family, we then can segue into the NAACP Image Awards because it was so much of that Saturday night. Uh, the NAACP Image Awards went down. It was hosted by Dion Cole and like, I loved watching it because so many people showed up this year, So if you missed it, please go back and watch it on BT.
Speaker 3: So many people showed up this year on Saturday this year.
Speaker 6: I said the same thing.
Speaker 7: But then I was talking to Eddie, one of our EP and he was saying that a lot of times the BT Awards, like the different awards that they do, are on Saturdays. I do feel like it should have been on a Sunday, how like other award shows normally are. But the SAG Awards also did come on yesterday as well, like Jane Vonda had a moment or whatever. So maybe that's why they couldn't do I don't know, but it was on a Saturday.
Speaker 6: Kicky Palmer.
Speaker 7: One Entertainer of the Year out sanding voiceover performance, Blue Ivy Carter and Mufasa out saying it actor in the motion picture, Martin Lawrence out saying it acting in a drama series, Michael Rainey Junior for Power Book two Ghosts, and y'all know fifty was going off about that. I think everybody was excited for him. Fifty said, I'm so happy for him. He's worked hard. In this moment, the NAACP is really all we got. We do bigger numbers than a lot of shows, but we don't get nominated because of diversity. Now, I did want to take a moment. I mentioned Key Palmer at the top of this, and she won Entertainer of the Year. She kind of spoke to with fifty is saying, as well, let's take a listen to Kekey Parmer.
Speaker 20: I didn't think I was gonna win because what.
Speaker 6: You killed that role?
Speaker 9: You killed every role you do.
Speaker 20: I mean, your power, your vulnerability, your strength.
Speaker 6: You are exceptional.
Speaker 20: Obviously, Sharnon my honkey Hunkie. You know, I let you Bookie and Ken Drake and Kevin. I mean, it's such an amazing category to be in with all these people. I just want to say, it's so important that we all come here together and celebrate one another with one another. You know, you don't always have to ask her to see at nobody table. Just make your own table with your votes.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 20: And so while we continue to ask for more money, it's important that we remember that what we choose and what we deem is important.
Speaker 6: Is enough?
Speaker 3: Is it a committee for the naacpmage awards?
Speaker 5: Like do people vote?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 5: How do you win those awards? How do they determine who win those?
Speaker 7: How all awards ceremonies are But I don't know that to like to be fact, I can look at for you, but I'm pretty sure that there.
Speaker 6: Is a committee.
Speaker 3: Okay, And what did Chloe do? Did Chloe do anything? I know she can't pay with them?
Speaker 6: Yep, Chloe.
Speaker 7: Actually she presented Michael Rainey with his awards. She came out with Journey who is Jesse smaller sister Journey small att She looked amazing by the way, like she had on this solver dress.
Speaker 6: It was it was amazing, it was fire.
Speaker 1: So basically they wasted my cousin's time, had her going all around with them, you know what I'm saying, to do promo for the NAACP Awards, and just had her presenting award.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean they must have already had their host slated. So no, I don't remember seeing Chloe Bailly.
Speaker 5: Didn't do the pre carpet nothing.
Speaker 7: Everybody did the pre car You mean I didn't see her hosting a carpet. No, But again, there was a lot of one thing I did see, which I thought was so brilliant. Kyler Pratt was on the carpet for B E T and her and Kecky Palmer had a moment and I just and it was so dope to see, like just you know that we watched them on TV our whole lives. I thought that was really smart of BT as well. But I did not see Chloe hosting a carpet. Now, another person who was nominated, not nominated, but who was shown some love at the NAACP Image Awards was Dave Chappelle. He accepted the President's Award and he also talked about you know just how special these awards are.
Speaker 21: Listen, each and every artist in here, every opportunity we'd get, every time we're on camera on stage, we just keep chipping away at this monster of a machine. But tonight, man, tonight, I feel invigorated because all my Netflix checks cleared.
Speaker 5: I don't know anybody any work.
Speaker 11: Right now.
Speaker 21: Every time you see me, just know I'm only up there because I want to be right up there.
Speaker 5: That's important to say.
Speaker 1: That's amazing because he don't have to be nowhere that he don't want to that he doesn't want to be.
Speaker 5: So if he's there because he wants to be there.
Speaker 7: Now the the Wayne's family, so Marlon Damon. There was a ton of the Wayne's family out at the NAACP Image of Wards. They were inducted into the Hall of Fame, and they spoke as well too, and a lot of what they were talking about was like, really just a big nod to their brother Kenan Wayne. Let's take a listen to the Wayne's brothers.
Speaker 22: Eighteen sixty five, my brother Keenan Ivy and I watched young Richard Pryor make his television debut on The Ed Sullivan Show. Richard was animated and hilarious with very clean comedy routine. While I was seeing a funny comedian, Keenan was seeing his future.
Speaker 19: Keenan told Ma, he's leaving college to go be a comedian. My mother said, a comedian, boy, I've known you your whole life. You ain't never said nothing funny. Needless to say, my family was over the moon. Keenan first got his stand up Apparents on Johnny Carson. We all watched on a black and white TV from that day on me as a child, I sat there and I was like, Wow, you mean not only could you dream, but you can make your dreams come true.
Speaker 1: Man, drop on the clues bomb for the Wayne's family. The Wayne's family is a dynasty, one of the greatest family dynasties we've ever seen in entertainment. Yes, I didn't see, you know, I did catch that part too. I didn't see Keenan up there. I didn't see Keenan all sewn up there.
Speaker 6: No, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't believe I saw Sean, but I know Keenan wasn't there because but they were.
Speaker 6: When they were presenting the award.
Speaker 7: Everything was like to him and they were talking abou how they wouldn't literally wouldn't be there if it wasn't for him. But he wasn't there. But yeah, and that sis there was what there as well too. They also had Damion Walliams Junior. Junior was there. They just I don't know, They're just it's like generations of.
Speaker 4: Iconics, legacy, legacy, actual town.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 7: Now, another moment that happened last night. Carrie Washington was accepting an award for the six Triple Eight and she gave a thank you speech and she thought she forgot a little something. Let's take a listen to her thank you speech as she accepted her work.
Speaker 6: I want to thank the fans. I want to thank my Yes, I want to thank my.
Speaker 23: Family, my husband, my children, my parents. Want to think Netflix. I want to thank Tyler Perry and Nicole A.
Speaker 9: Vaughn.
Speaker 6: Want to think our beautiful.
Speaker 23: Award winning Best Cast Ensemble. And I want to most importantly thank the women of the six Triple Eight, the A pundred and fifty five women who proved to what tyl extraordinary Black women are, how extraordinary we have.
Speaker 7: Always been now and it's a word, and I want to say it was a big night for the six Triple lad they took home a few awards. Uh and right there and there we were listening to her when Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture, but they also took home out Standing Ensemble Cast in the Most Motion Picture too. She thought that she forgot to think Tyler Perry, and you guys heard her think Tyler Perry. She came back out during someone else's segment to make sure she got it in let's say, listen to that.
Speaker 23: I did not think Tyler Perry.
Speaker 6: I did you did? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: People were like, wait, you did? You got it?
Speaker 7: Tyler Perry reacted to this, and he basically said, you know, he was moved to tears. He can honestly tell that, you know, he didn't really know what he would be given in his life, but he knows he did something good and he's getting it back in return. People was like, she won't make sure she keep getting at Tyler Perry.
Speaker 5: Check goddamn right.
Speaker 1: Tyler wrote three moves for her right after that, right after she gave it more movies for.
Speaker 7: Right and last but not least, a VP or or former VP Kamala Harris was there. She received the Chairman's of the Word let's say a listen to her.
Speaker 6: I thank everyone here.
Speaker 24: For your tireless advocacy and for your years of support. As everyone here may know, I grew up inspired by the work of the NAACP, seeking to always live by the words of a distinguished NAACP founder, WB du Bois when he said, it is today that our best work can be done, and not some future day or future year. And this sense of urgency is what we must have today. We are up against in this chapter in our American story. This chapter will be written not simply by whoever occupies the Oval Office, nor by the wealthiest among us. The America working story will be written by you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so last night was all a bunch of that. It felt I mean that last night, sorry, Saturday night was all a bunch of what we just heard it.
Speaker 6: It felt like a big hug, a big.
Speaker 7: Family reunion honor Quincy Jones and a lot of other people in memory as well too. They had like a little music segment for him. It was a fire show. Like I thought that this was a really great year production wise for the Image Awards and people.
Speaker 6: People popped out. The people popped out for them as well too.
Speaker 1: That's the Oh saluted BT saluted the NAACP Image Awards.
Speaker 3: It was all BT, right, I saw that. I watched TV TV one or something, a.
Speaker 5: Bunch of things.
Speaker 6: I watched it on BT's at Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, salutor b E T. And I'm glad. I'm glad people are showing up. I'm glad people are showing out. And it's a great thing, I'll say.
Speaker 6: The email artist Chris Brown got to make sure I mentioned that for Jess.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It was a good night. And I'm better.
Speaker 1: Start showing up to the NAACP Image Awards because you ain't gonna have nothing else.
Speaker 5: In a minute. I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 7: Negro better do exactly what Caroen Washington did. She She interrupted a live segment to bring Tyler Perry chairs, get, get people their flowers, and.
Speaker 3: Charlotte, didn't you one of your podcasts win a CP award?
Speaker 1: Oh Native landed the Native Land podcast, dropping the clues buds for the Native Lamp podcast, Angeli, Andrew Gillim and Tiffany Cross they won.
Speaker 4: They one don't give me the line, but they wanted an I was coming back on stage to make sure we shouted that's right.
Speaker 1: And Saluta Carrie Champion the Neked podcast. She was nominated as well as R and B Money with Tanking Jay Valentine.
Speaker 5: They were nominated as well.
Speaker 1: So make sure you subscribed to all those podcasts on the blackfact iHeart Radio podcast network, as well as Reading Choice Media for Angela Raie, Tiffany Cross and Andrew gilliam And as we.
Speaker 7: Wrapped the Native Land podcast one Outstanding podcasts and news and information, News and Information. There you go back to them and we're wrapping it up now, waving his finger.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we got Front Page News. Then Attorney Joe Tacopina. He's the defense attorney in the asap Rocky case. He was defending asap Rocky. He also represented people like Donald J. Trump, Michael Jackson, a Rod Meek Mill, just to name a few. He's going to be joining us, great conversation. It's the breakfast club, Good.
Speaker 11: Morning, wake up cool if you're like to end to the breakfast.
Speaker 4: Club calling everybody is the j Envy Jess hilarious charlamage, the guy we are to breakfast club law and the Rosa filling in for jests and let's get in some Front page news.
Speaker 3: What I what's up?
Speaker 8: Envy, Charlamagaye and Laura. Let's get back in see it okay? So the White House says that the Ukraine war could end.
Speaker 9: As soon as this week. That's good news, right.
Speaker 8: Speaking to reporters on Saturday, Press Secretary Caroline Levitt, so the President is very confident he can get the deal done this week, and they're focused on negotiations. A change in tone from last week where Trump suggested Ukraine is responsible for Russia's invasion and then when Zelensky wondered why he wasn't asked to attend US Russia peace talks in Saudi Arabia, Trump called Zelensky on social media a dictator without elections. So on Friday, or reporter asked Trump if he thought Putin was a dictator, and here's what he had to say.
Speaker 25: I think that President Putin and President Zelensky are gonna have to get together because, you know what, we want to stop killing millions of people. I want to see a cease fire, and I want to get the deal done. I think we have a chance to get the deal done.
Speaker 9: So more on this Ukraine poll.
Speaker 3: That was his answer to the Putin is the dictated question.
Speaker 9: Yes it is, That was his answer to the police.
Speaker 3: That's what he think.
Speaker 8: Yes he did, Yes, he did answer it. Okay, pretty much. So more on this. Ukraine's president, Vladimir Zelensky says he's ready to step down if it brings peace to his country. The Ukraine president made the offer at a news conference on Sunday, saying, if it is peace for Ukraine and you really want me to leave my post, I'm ready now.
Speaker 9: He said he would be willingly. He's he would.
Speaker 8: Willingly trade his position for immediate NATO membership. So if Zelensky steps down, that means that Ukraine will then become a member of NATO. So we'll keep well, Yeah, continue to watch that situation and see what happens with that. Another presidential news, the president is supposed to be meeting with French President Emmanuel Macrohn later this week at the White House. Switching here is a former Army chief of staff says President Trump's firing of the Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff is tremendously destabilizing to the US military. General Charles Brown Junior was fired on Friday night, and a move critics say was an effort by Trump to get rid of the diversity initiatives in the US military.
Speaker 9: Appearing on ABC's This Week.
Speaker 8: Retired General George Casey warned of the danger of sudden senior personnel changes, especially those who lead our military. Let's take a listen to retired General George Casey's comments.
Speaker 17: When you remove so many senior leaders, especially without justifying and giving due cause, it creates huge uncertainty in the ranks. That's extremely destabilizing at a time that's a lot going on domestically and a lot going on abroad.
Speaker 9: What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's interested with these conversations, right, And what I don't understand is if they are saying DEI means that a lot of people who lack experience are getting these positions. How are you firing actual experienced people but replacing them with people with less experience.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure that they're even necessarily being Yeah, well, yeah, I guess they would be replaced.
Speaker 9: But you know, how do you get I.
Speaker 1: Don't understand how you justify that of it, Like, how do you justify getting rid of you know, him?
Speaker 5: It's it's interesting. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't think you can. I really don't think you can justify it, even if you're saying it's for the purse. If it's you know, it's a bigger thing, and it's a matter of you know, this this this tax cuts.
Speaker 9: And all of these things.
Speaker 8: That's one of those Uh, that's one of those personnels that you can't justify cutting.
Speaker 9: You know, could find find it somewhere else by find the coin somewhere else, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Charles Brown, that's it, right, Like you just retired at this point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty much, Yeah, pretty much. Yeah, I mean good on vacation. I guess I don't know, but all right, let.
Speaker 9: Me bring things home to you guys. In New York, the drama does continue. Uh.
Speaker 8: New York City Mayor Eric adams federal corruption trial is officially being delayed indefinitely, so a federal judge overseeing the cases considering a request by the Justice Department to drop the charges against Adams. This is the first update on Adam's case since the judge held a hearing on Wednesday. On Thursday, New York Governor at the Hope announced that she's putting limits on his power rather than remove him from office. Now, Hokal's decision comes after allegations that Adams made a deal to cooperate with Trump's immigration policies in exchange for the Department of Justice order to drop the federal case against him.
Speaker 9: Now, Hokal told CBS Faced.
Speaker 8: The Nation she doesn't want to undermine the will of the voters who elected Adams. Despite the outrage over the Justice Department ordering his corruption charges to be dismissed, she said she'll resist any attempt by President Trump's administration to influence politics in New York City.
Speaker 9: Let's hear more from New York Governor Kathy Hope.
Speaker 26: We are not allowing the Trump administration to interfere in the operations of our city. But I will always stand on the fact that we are a nation of laws, and one individual, the Governor of New York, should not use her voice and her will to override the will of the voters. We have an election in a few months, in a primary. I'm going to let the voters decide, but I'm also going to be very cognisant.
Speaker 9: I need to keep an eye in this situation.
Speaker 4: So yet, then Eric Adams just recently sued Trump. After after all that, then he sewed for like eighty million dollars or something like that.
Speaker 8: Yes, the eighty million dollars that the that I guess I want to say they took took. It was already a part of the New York budget, but it was taken. And yes, so Mayor Eric Adams is suing for that. There's not too many other updates outside of the fact that he has filed the lawsuit. But yeah, so coco, she says she She says she would rather allow this year's mayoral election to play out. Which the primary election for you guys in New York is June twenty third, twenty twenty five, So I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: June twenty fourth.
Speaker 8: Primary election day in New York is June twenty fourth, so you guys make sure you exercise.
Speaker 4: Your right to vote.
Speaker 8: Critics say that this order is part of a quid pro quo for Adam's core cooperation with the Trump administration on immigration. I really thought that we were going to be kind of done with this story once, you know, Holkle said she was just gonna limit his power, and but you know, it does seem that it's a it's a lot going on up there.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I will keep you posted. So that's your front page news. I'm Morgan.
Speaker 8: Would follow me on social app Morkan Media and for more news coverage, follow app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit bi nnews dot com. One more thing, guys, we are watching a situation out of Rome in the Vatican. The Pope is in a grave condition right now, so I'll keep you guys posting on.
Speaker 5: That as well.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much, Morgan, Thank you all right now, if you pray for the pope, you know, is that more powerful than the prayers.
Speaker 5: He can do for himself. Oh, I'm just asking.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know what that is front page news. I do have a question before we go into our next guest, Charlamage. Did you go to Red Lobster this weekend? I know you said you was gonna go.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: I went Saturday. How was it? It was actually all right?
Speaker 11: I went there.
Speaker 1: I went there to get some red lobster to go. I had the lobster roll. The lobster roll was actually busting, but I was high, so I don't know. I'm to be honest. I had actually had two things. I got the lobster shrimp pasta with marin Ara Sauce, and I had the lobster role and the lobster Roid. I mean, both of them was good, but the lobster role was really good because I ate that later when I was high.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I gotta try some this week. All right, Well, thank you again, Morgan. Now when we come back, Attorney Joe Takapina will be joining us. You know him.
Speaker 3: He's a defense attorney for ASAP Rocky.
Speaker 4: He also represent represented celebrities like Donald Trump, Michael Jackson, A Rod Meek, mill Yg, Swis Beats, Foxy Brown, Neo, just to name a few.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna talk to him next. And don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: It's to Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ n V, Jess, Larius Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club law LaRosa filling in for Jess.
Speaker 3: We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 5: ASAP Joe.
Speaker 3: He has represented Ron MJ.
Speaker 4: Meek, the Washington Commander is Donald Trump, Foxy Brown, Neo, Swiss Beats, and of course ASAP Rocky. Ladies and gentlemen, we have Attorney Joe Tacopina, how are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 11: Tired but really good, really good. It was a five week war, but I've never been happier. And those two people, when I say those two people, Rocky ree Rihanna just such great people. Like got to know them over three years, really well at babysat for one of the kids won during her super Bowl performance. Wow, they're just good people. They're really for real good people. You know, you just listed a bunch of people I've represented. Rocky stands out badly as a terrific guy. Yeah. Really.
Speaker 1: You know it's interesting now people always when they when we see these cases, they always wonder how the client is doing right, like how is they sat?
Speaker 5: But I would think it's just.
Speaker 1: More mentally and emotionally draining for you as an attorney.
Speaker 11: You hit it, man, I mean, because look, obviously they have the stress of the unknown, right, what's gonna happen? It was, it was. It was a lot for me, but of course you know they suffer in a different way. It was one day re Rihanna brought the baby support and people thinking it was a ploy, like some sort of maneuver to get the droid to feel sympathy. George's feeling sympathy. They know he has a wife and kids. She worked the court because that could have been the last time he'd seen his kids for a decade or more.
Speaker 5: Wow that day, Wow, talk about that.
Speaker 11: That's why she brought them people that a prosecutor made a big deal of it in instormation, which I thought was a fatal mistake quite frankly.
Speaker 4: But what gave you the confidence that when they offered you that deal you said f that because the world was like, he's fixting twenty four he only have to do six months and three months community service.
Speaker 1: A black man in America. First thing I said, I was like, man, why take the dial?
Speaker 4: I was thinking, and I'm thinking, I'm thinking, Lad, They're gonna let him go in a day anyway, because the jails are overpopulated. So what gave you the confidence to be like, I mean, obviously you guys won, but you weren't scanning and be like, maybe we should just take this deal.
Speaker 5: And whose idea was it?
Speaker 11: Did not take the deal? Yeah, it was Rocky and I had a one minute conversation, literally one minute, rock here's offer. I don't want to do it. What do you think, let's go, oh, not that, So you didn't even think about it, like you we talked about for a second and then But it required him complete guilty of something they didn't do, right, required him to say, I'm guilty of a you know, assault with a semiter back weapon. Seven years suspended sentence, right, which means he's under the thumb for seven years five years probation. So if he crossed against the red they could take him back. Yeah, it's six months, which means three months. But it was a career ended for him.
Speaker 5: Deals and stuff.
Speaker 11: Gucci was gone. I mean might deal with Gucci for two years on this Gucci Puma. You know, all his shows, he couldn't travel out of the country, were felling convictions. It is a life changer for him, and more importantly, he maintains his instance from the minute I met him three years ago. Maintained his innocence. So it was it was a you know, it was really a quick decision. Yeah, people like this guy has onions doing that kind of stuff, right, how do you do that? But I also felt very confident.
Speaker 7: I know that there's a discovery, so you get to see like what the other side has, so that helps you like craft your defense and stuff like that. But at what point did you guys have everything like you knew everything upfront or where things added as things were going, We're like, you ever got nervous?
Speaker 10: Like hmm.
Speaker 3: They tried to tricky, they stowing, oh what about this? We forgot about this?
Speaker 11: About to take the jury, they came with a ballistics report that had been done a year and a half ago, and they said, oh, we just found this now we missed it. So I'm like, you're kidding me, right, and like that kind of those games happened throughout the trial, but you know whatever, I'm used to that kind of stuff and didn't face Look, I knew we had a defense. My defense was to eviscerate this asaparately, this this absolute pathological liar, and I eviscerate him in a way that you know, I told this jury, I said, you guys had a front row seat the history because you just witnessed the worst witness in the history of American jurisprudence. I mean, he imploded like and by the way, you know, I'm considered, you know, top cross examiner. Anyone could have done you know, you could cross examined him. I mean really, it was that the guy was was his home worst enemy.
Speaker 5: Have you ever met a man that couldn't rat right?
Speaker 11: Rat right? He cursed in a courtroom with a judge a jury. He cursed to the jury. He told the jury, Yeah, I lied because I didn't want to answer this guy's question that always annoying me.
Speaker 5: He said, you're annoying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was sorry.
Speaker 11: I don't mean to annoy I just want you thirty million dollars and you want to just leave. You don't want to answer questions like he shoot for thirty million dollars with knuckles scrapes. This guy's a clown and and he's a liar. He's a mid liar. He's admitted perjurer. He lied at least to this story twenty times and was caught I mean in perjury. I caught him in multiple At one point towards I said, oh, this is next. One's my favorite. This is a perjury mini series because it was it was like this series of lies about whether he shot a gun before November sixth to twenty twenty one, the day of the incident.
Speaker 1: The true of the police search the area didn't find noose, shell case all of a sudden, he came with a stupid story.
Speaker 11: So he's claiming Rocky shot too. Pops him and the Rocky did shoot too from a prop fun starkist the whole story as to why he had that, but if he shot two shots from a real nine millimeter ten minutes to seven cops game within ten minutes with search lights, those flashlights, they have bodycam. Thank god, they searched the exact spot where this incident happened. Seven cops twenty minutes, that's one hundred and forty minutes of manpower and they're looking. They find nothing, nothing, no evidence of a shooting though broke. There's a parking lot right next to it, no cars that would ding. Nothing. He claims it comes back now and forty five minutes later, goes to the exact same spot the cops were searching, bends down and finds the two shell cases.
Speaker 6: I mean, so what happened now?
Speaker 7: Because I know you mentioned when you walked up the court you want them to pursue him for perjury charges?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I want them through. They should. I mean the District Attorney's office was and should be embarrassed by this guy. I mean, he absolutely played them like a fiddle. We had a tape which she first is, by the way, a tape of him and a mutual friend of Rocky and rallies. And he said that there was a recording and he's and when he heard the beginning of the recording he realized what that was. He was like, Oh, that's fake. Get that away from it's fake. It's not my voice. It's it's it's Ai. It's like, that's fake. It's Ai. So then I had to call the poor guy who made the recording and Wally. Wally said, yeah, that's from Paris. It was in Paris's poor guy. So that's my voice, that's really's voice. He said this stuff. I know nothing about this case, but yes, I'm here authenticated tape. And on the tape, what really is saying is if he gives me thirty million, I'll dispute to an island and they'll never find me. D can never find me and they can't prosecute their case. You know, It's like, you know, and this is his example, not mine. It's like you know, when you when you smack your and she files charged against you. If she doesn't show up, the case is way weaker.
Speaker 3: Than that's what he said.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so that's his that's like where his mind goes to. But his thought was, I'm gonna disappear to an island, will never find me. So I stood behind the two disc attorneys. I was like, so they'll never find him like this, and then they just said they're like sleeking down in their chairs. I'm like, he tried to sell his criminal case for thirty million dollars. That's called extortion, so he should be prosecuted for extortion. He admitted perjury. He was caught other times committing perjury when he didn't admit it. This guy's a one man crime scree on the witness stand alone.
Speaker 7: Well what about this civil suit that really filed when everything first started moving, it was it's a defamation suit against Rocket.
Speaker 11: No, it's a salt suiting Rockey defamation studies against you.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, there's two of them. So do you guys, are you now want to submit to like file for dismissal.
Speaker 11: Look, I'm you know that case is running its course. I'm dealing with it on my own with Rocky rock Aster his soul case. I mean, that thing is on life support now. Obviously, I can't imagine this guy ever want to get back on a witness stand again, he can't withstand it. I mean, he was again a horrible witness. Even there are people inside that courtroom, you know, who are there, who are part of this process, who said, how do they proceed with this guy? And they did. We had a prosecutor who was help bent on winning, not doing justice, help bent on winning. And when he had that, it's a dangerous thing because you know they have the weight of law enforcement behind them, and you know, prosecute's job and I used to be one, it's not solely to just secure a conviction. To make sure you're doing right. And when a witness continually lies on a witness stand and purds himself and you know that they are, you know, sometimes okay to take a step back and reevaluate.
Speaker 15: All right.
Speaker 4: We have more with Joe Takapina when we come back. You know, he's a defense attorney for Asap Rocky. He's represented celebrities like Donald J. Trump, Michael Jackson, A Rod just to name a few. And we'll talk to him next. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Only, Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast club Lawn La Ros are filling in for Jess and we're still kicking away. Attorney Joe Tacopina. He's the defense attorney for ASAP Rocky. He also represented celebrities like Meet Mills, yg Neo, Foxy Brown, Michael Jackson, Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump, now Charlamagne.
Speaker 5: The celebrity helper hurt.
Speaker 1: And it's kind of a little layered question, but like, you know, I asked the celebrity helper hurt in cases like this because I know when you're a juror, they'll ask you questions about Rocky.
Speaker 5: But did they asked the jurors about Rihanna?
Speaker 11: You know, they were obsessed with I loved it. I mean, they were just so obsessed with Rihanna. I didn't make a part of this case. She wasn't part of the case. The Durid knows who Rihanna is. They know who she is compared you know, in Religious Rocky. They saw her there every day, so I didn't need to inject her into the case to make it like we were playing on her celebrity status. Quite finally, only thing jurors were gonna acquit him because oh here's Rihanna. So let's be damn with the evidence. Let's just acquit him. But they were so obsessed with focusing on Rihanna.
Speaker 5: Oh, Rihanna.
Speaker 11: They don't you know, you have to treat everyone equally. It was because Rihanna's here, It's like, keep going, man, just keep going, keep reminding them that Rihanna is here, and talk about her. Because I did that, it would look like I was was pandering. I don't think that mattered at all, I honestly. I mean I think they looked at the evidence. I mean, look, if if Relly turned out to be a great witness and I couldn't destroy him like I did, I don't think the jury would care e. Rihanna was sitting there.
Speaker 7: The first couple of days though, of the of it, she wasn't there. But then she came that Wednesday, I believe it was that Wednesday, right. Why wasn't she there those first couple of days?
Speaker 11: I was the kids were in New York with her because the LA fires are still going okay, and they're very protective and she's a mother, hen you know, she's really protecting those boys. And the air quality was really bad that first week of that trial, and my eyes were like we walk out of court. I was staying downtown LA from so I had a two block walk to my hotel, and it was it was pretty bad. If you felt something, you smelled something. So I think it was an air quality issue. And she kept the boys away and she doesn't go anywhere else those kids, so she wasn't gonna leave them in New York and come here. So but she you know, we knew this was going to be a long trial. Yeah, so she made it.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask, you know, when you take a case, do you have to believe the person.
Speaker 11: I have to believe in the person.
Speaker 4: Okay, break that down.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So I don't prejudge anyone. I'm not the judge during extit. Right, I've represented people who have probably done what they've been accused of doing, but doesn't mean they're bad people and don't deserve representation. If we all had our worst ten minutes of our lives captured on video or something like that, I don't think we'd all be happy. Right. If I love a person or think they're really good people and they just made a mistake, I could deal with that. I'm not going to subborn perjury. I'm not going to make up a story, but I'll help them get through it. And that sometimes that means just mitigating the damage. Right. Sometimes with Meek's case, for example, right Meek when the crime he led guilty to it, but this judge in Philly was obsessed with him and had him under probation for over ten years. No one ever, he was a kid, he was a teenager when his crime was committed. Ten years later, he's still in the probation. If he came to court, White sox Boom two more years probation. She wanted him under his thumb. She wanted him to make a record about her. And it's like there was an issue going on there. So it wasn't like we were saying Meek was innocent, innocent, but he served his sentence and he was being abused by the system and the Districturney came around and agreed with us, and eventually I got that dismissed, resolved the case, and that judge was was relocated to a civil park.
Speaker 7: He was Did you know that the free Meek Meal movement was going to be as big as it was when you on to that, because it got it grew so insanely.
Speaker 11: That was crazy. No, because at first I didn't realize how big that was and how I loved that guy was, especially in Philly. I mean, he's like Rocky in Philly, right, And so I culture Reverend hal who I'm very close with, and the Reverend I said, can you come to Philly with me and to visit him in jail and maybe you make us stand here? This judge is really giving them once over. And you know, I did I need your help on this one. And Reverend said to me, one thing, is he a good guy? Joe? Am I getting embarrassed with see the good guys? No, no, Reverend, you will not get embarrassed here. It's worth it. He's a good guy. More important, he's getting he's getting run over by the system. And he has the wherewithal. He has a voice. You know that means ninety nine to the people in that system in Philly don't have that voice, don't have the wherewithal? And again trampled on. And it's true they reformed that whole probation system in Philadelphia because of meet in our case, it put a spotlight on it, you know, So it was an important case for a lot of reasons. So I take on these cases that I believe in. I've turned down a lot of cases, a lot of cases that could be lucrative or even very high profile. Harvey Winstein was one. You'd try to hire me and I wouldn't Why I told you that thing about having a bond with somebody, feeling that you know, people have charged some horrific things, But I liked that I could tell us it was good inside. The more I just had a good connection with them. You didn't feel that, I don't know, did not did not feel that with him?
Speaker 1: Real coold because because that's interesting, you represented Donald Trump and throwing me Daniel's case. Was there ever even a chance of you winning that? And the reason I asked that is because it was politicized, You.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean? It was politicized. It was all over the media.
Speaker 1: Everybody knew it was a target on Trump like they wanted to nail it.
Speaker 11: No doubt, that was not a case that would have been brought for anyone. And I mean that whether whatever your opinions are of Trump, I'm talking about the defendant. That case would never have been brought before. We're not him. It was a case of first impression, I wouldn't think about it. It was a settlement of a personal matter, right, an alleged fair, consensual nothing. But you know she was basically trying to get money from him to keep it quiet. He paid her. Whether it happened, didn't happen, tor relevant. He paid her some money. And of story, he didn't take a tax deduction on it. He didn't file it in his campaign thing. I mean, he paid personal money. Somehow they try and make that into a false filing in his own records. So because he put payment, legal feest or whatever in his internal records, this attorney charged him.
Speaker 4: When you take a step back, right, and I'm sure people have asked you a million and one times and you look at, for example, this Diddy case, would you do a lot of things different than his attorney's actually doing because it seems like they're already losing and it just it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: What would you do different?
Speaker 11: Well, I wouldn't go out in the press and make pronouncements that are later disproved quickly because you sent the loose credibility. I mean, you know there's this whole thing, like the stupid baby oil thing, right, who cares personal. Baby had his right, but that became like this battle line and they went out and said, oh no, he just bought him in bulk at Costco right down the block from his house. And that's that's why he has it's a big, big dealing. But Baby, first of all, it's a thousand bottles. Don't buys a thousand bottles right roads in bold. But that was what he said, of course that. Then Costco then comes out of a statement, No, we've never sold baby lotion in our life.
Speaker 5: Jeesus, we don't.
Speaker 11: Not one Costco ever sold baby lotions. So boom, Now it looks like somebody's lying. You don't need that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: On the Cassie video too, and they came out strong before the video dropped.
Speaker 3: That was before you charged.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Now look, here's the thing with the Cassie video that's horrible, cringeworthy. Right, you don't do that. You don't put your hand on a woman. I don't care what the story is, just I wouldn't anyway, not how I grow right, what does that have to do with these non consensual freak off things? What did that video have to do with that? Though? And I would say, well, and that's the one count of the trafficking. She's the one person in the trafficking count. Like, what does that video have to do? Okay, maybe you should be charged with domestic violence in state court, but what does that have to do with a non consentual freako For people are being alleged to have non consensual sex because they're drugged up and they're being gammed or whatever. I don't see why that video was so. Of course that video has been played and showed and people think like, oh, he's guilty, But he's guilty a lot assault of a woman who was his girlfriend. That doesn't make me guilty of everything else. Now, I don't know enough about the case. I was asked to take a look at the case as another case. I said I would not be interested. I just want.
Speaker 4: The same reason.
Speaker 11: Connection is it's different a little bit. I represent Rock Nation, a lot of people from Rock and very close with Jay and Desiret. Perez was most amazing, like love them, barmb up a boss, love amazing. You know, Jay Brown, all those people are just like there really are special, special people and they you know, that's sort of family to me. And you know, I don't think they're they're sort of.
Speaker 1: Yeah with P Diddy, I just want to throw that out there, because you remember everybody was saying when Jay said they weren't friends, everybody was like they were pictures together all the time.
Speaker 11: Everyone was a picture of Pete did at one time or another, I went to a party. But when things got real years and years ago.
Speaker 4: All right, we have more With defensive attorney Joe Taccapina, when we come back, is the breakfast Club, good Morning Morning. Everybody is the DJ Envy Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club, Lawn l Rosa, feeling in for it Jess, and we're still kicking it. With defense attorney Joe Tacopina, he's the attorney for Asaf Rocky. He represented celebrities like Donald J. Trump, Michael Jackson, a Rod, Meek Mill, just to name a few. So we were asking you about Diddy earlier. Do you think he should have got a bail? And do you think he didn't get a bail? Because should have got I break that down because I said the same thing. People thought I was crazy.
Speaker 11: No, no, what what he was willing. First of all, it was no mistake. I thought they made saying, oh, he'll have a ankle bracelet, and staying his mansion.
Speaker 6: In Miami and monitor who comes in.
Speaker 11: Case in New York, staying at a resource in Miami with a pool is not exactly really something I would offer up to the court. What I would have said. Remember that I dk asked the French guy who was charged here with hotels because named Dominic Strauss Khan his bail. He got bail, And the reason he got bail was he said, I'll rent the place here in New York, i will stay inside, I'll I'll pay for security, and I'll have a brace on. That's a concession. I think maybe if they had done that from the beginning, that may have been something that happened. You know, there's a presumptu of innocence that we still have to not work. You know, people have forgotten that in this country a lot. He is innocent right now he did he is innocent, whatever you think of him or everything. You know, the evidence would be no one's seen a minute of testimony. Yet he's presumed innocent until and unless the prosecution crves that case to be honors will doubt. They may do it one day, but not today and keep someone in jail for a year awaiting trial. They have to either be a flight risk or a danger community or they've done something so horrific like a murder right where you know, bail is not necessarily common. This is a case of having parties that got out of hand and there's allegations of you know, sexual miscombat.
Speaker 7: So for Diddy, would you have advised him if you were, if you were his attorney, when has he first reached out to just achieve?
Speaker 6: My god, just paid the money.
Speaker 11: Listen to that was a legal train record what happened with Diddy because this all could have been avoided. He had that case with Cassie, right, and it was all about a civil case. There was no prosecutores involved, no FBI, nothing. They wanted a settlement and you know, these lawyers said, you know no, they were close, no, but no, and they said, well, we're gonna file a lawsuit if you don't give us a settlement, and like, you know, go ahead, then bad, bad move. But it was an avalanche that came around him. And the only reason that happened is because they didn't sell that case civily. Because if that Cassie case was settled and went away and would have heard anything nothing. There were no other people coming after didty until that thing was filed.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 11: But if so, if you're going to settle, you settled before they filed the lawsuits. That's what you're settling for, to prevent that public damage. Right, But you don't let them file it and then so the day later that's the worst of all worlds because then it's it's a mission and then.
Speaker 5: Bam, you worked under Michael jacks case.
Speaker 1: Is it true that Johnny Cochrane told Michael Jackson once don't settle with anybody because when you settle, you become a pigyment?
Speaker 11: Ye?
Speaker 3: Do you feel that way for all cases?
Speaker 11: Not for all cases. I think each case is different, right. You know, sometimes the settlement is a good thing, not because you did it or because you want a mission. But take Diddy as an example. Sometimes the settlement will save more money than you could ever imagined later and more heartache.
Speaker 5: Well he actually did it.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about people who because I've seen cases where people would settle just because they don't want the bad press and they don't want to end up spending a whole bunch of money and court for the next four or five years.
Speaker 11: And I've represented some very very famous people without the case ever become public, that have settled because it's not worth it. People do settle all the time, what's called the nuisance settlement, just to make sure that they don't wind up on the front pigeon or a post DMZ and you know, on the breakfast level.
Speaker 7: I just saw just now that is at Rocky was named the first ever creative director of RayBan.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I remember after the case happened, you talked about telling of Gucci to hold off on the Gucci guilty, which is an amazing sent and by the way, but for me, when I heard you talk about that, and I'm seeing this now, I think about, even though he was proven innocent, were there people who walked away, like in the midst of this, No, everybody's sitting.
Speaker 11: I deal with all of them. I mean I was like on conference call of Comfortable, Gucci, Puma, all these different brands who worked with Rocky, who wanted to know what was going on, giving them up, they said, I would tell them we're gonna win, We're gonna win, We're gonna wind, but you gotta wait. Gucci Guilty was my biggest heart attack was the both fens to be called the Colonne Gucci guilty, and they wanted to roll it out before Valentine's Day. I'm like, now would miss the middle of the trial. I'm gonna be summing up on Valentine's Day. Can you do me a favor and just wait another week? They're like, what Valentine's I'm like, I don't get they call it Gucci not guilty. How about that? Put it a little not in there and then let it roll. But you can't call it Gucci guilty. So what they did was we compromised. They put the ad out with Rocky in it holding the bottle Colone, and there was no Gucci guilty. It was just the Colone and Rocky. But if you looked at the bottle, had to get real close, it would say Guci guilty on the bottle. But they didn't put those big letters. Now there's all the big letters and now I don't care, right, got so, so that was nuts.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite movies, Devil's Advocate Keanu Reeves, you know al Pacino, and you know in that movie, can Of replayed the character named Kevin and he's representing somebody, but in the midst of representing them, he realized, oh guilty. Remember the dudes, have you ever been in a situation like that, like in the myst of it, you like, I mean I think this muff actually did it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, yeah, it wasn't this case. Oh look, I've tried one hundred and twenty Georgie trials and so I again, chunk of those was the prosecutor. But there's been times where you know, I believed that since then I saw some evidence halfway through. Its like, but you know, at that point you're just fighting them all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: All you can do at that point is if they don't want to take it please, you could just challenge the evidence, which is constitutionally what you have to do. Right, someone could be guilty. But also the entitles were not guilty verdict And that's how I was weird to people. But the reason that's true is because if the proof isn't there, if the prosecution has met their burden the prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, the person's entitled we're not guilty vert the communities in tout the we're not guilty verdic the system isn't tout we're not guilty verdict. You know, we're not a perfect system. But what you definitely don't want is we start cutting corners for people we know are guilty because that's rich or jewel. That's what starts happening. Oh they're guilty, so we're you know, constitutional safeguards are we can cheat a little bit here and there. That's when innocent people start getting clipped. And that, to me is the worst thing that could ever happen. When I representing people who are purely innocent, that's the worst thing for me because then I'm dealing with like a pressure that is just enormous. And you know, if you don't win that case, you feel it's like burden for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: If you know somebody's guilty and still represent them in Wayne, that isn't that a burden to though?
Speaker 11: No, No, because that means the system worked. That means the system worked. It means the proof wasn't there. It's almost I'm not so borning perjury, which I would never do as long as I'm not making somebody say something that's not true. If this someone's guilty and I think they're guilty, but they were found not guilty. That means the proof was there, and we need that person who found not guilty because it keeps the system strong, keeps all of us safe. Again, lowering stands for the ones we know are guilty, that's when innocent people start getting convicted, and that's bad. So I can live with that as long as the system was put to the test and I've done my job, is what it is. The worst thing is if you represent someone who's truly truly innocent, you know that truly innocent, and they're being either framed, set up, or for whatever reason, there is an agenda. You know, that's that's the stuff that you lose sleepover because God forbid that convicted. I mean, just like, how do you deal with that? How do you carry that with you? So fortunately I've not had that happen. I represent a lot of innocent, truly innocent people. They've all been vindicated, thank god, because if I had that happen, that would be something that would be very tough to go on with.
Speaker 4: Well, we we definitely gonna keep your number because if we see any cases that we don't understand, we might need to call to break some things down for some.
Speaker 6: Time I called you before I got you on the phone.
Speaker 3: That's right, Well, Joe, Joe tackle Pena is the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Let's get right to jess with the mess.
Speaker 9: Few meslions, Jessica Robber Moore, just.
Speaker 18: Don't do no lines, don't de.
Speaker 1: Talky talk station world why jes worldwide mass.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast clubs, the coaching sits with Lauren, Lauren.
Speaker 3: And I got the mess talk Tommy.
Speaker 6: Okay, y'all.
Speaker 7: So Attorney Busby, who is the attorney that has all of those civil suits against Diddy, he did have a civil suit in court that he amended to include jay Z, but that was voluntarily dismissed a few weeks ago. Now, this over the weekend, I broke a story. If you guys are following me anywhere Instagram, Twitter, at Laura la Rosa, we break news and we were outside of the Breakfast Club. I broke a story that the Committee of Grievances with It, which is like an ethics committee. Essentially, they have denied Attorney Busby's right to practice within the Southern District of New York. Now this is a huge because majority of these civil cases that he currently has on record against Diddy are in the Southern District of New York. So if he is not able to move forward with them, they would either you would have to file to be able to come in on these cases pro hac vice, and we'll talk about.
Speaker 6: What that means, but it's a big issue now.
Speaker 7: In response to this, when the news broke, Attorney Busby posted something to his Instagram, and what he posted was that it was a appellate division from something from the Your Pelt Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York.
Speaker 6: And this basically.
Speaker 7: Says that he does have a right to practice or he has a mission in the New York State Court, but it's basically a jurisdiction thing, but he does not have permission. His permission to practice within the Southern District of New York has been denied.
Speaker 6: Now, like I mentioned, it's a big issue.
Speaker 7: And because of that, the judge who's on a lot of those civil cases that it fought against Puff said to him, Hey, I think that you should try to right now come in on these cases against Sean Combs as pro hague vice. And I told you guys that I would let you know what that meant. So pro Hague vice is basically so this is like on or four occasions. So basically it's like him saying, hey, I'm gonna be involved in these cases just solely this one time, but there may be other local attorneys or whoever that have. You know, they're barding these jurisdictions to be able to move forward with this just because if not, it looks like because basically the committee's the community who denied it, they were basically not upset. But what they leaned on was the fact that in a lot of the other cases before the one that jay Z was involved in came to light, that there was no admission process I guess properly done. He had still continued to do whatever he was doing without submitting these things, and he had submitted the one, particularly for a jay Z's case, on January twenty nine. So they're basically telling him, like, you're not following like these easy rules and protocols, so you can't work here anymore. He's saying that this is not true, and that you know, he's crossed his t's and dotted his eyes, so he's going to be fine moving forward.
Speaker 5: So how is it not true?
Speaker 1: How can he come out and say it's not true.
Speaker 7: Well, what he specifically said is that he said he received any press increase over the weekend, and he makes no efforts to respond, But he'd rather make a one time general statement and let various entities use a statement as they see fit. Over the past week, he's got multiple increase from friends and colleagues asking why he's not barred or why he's barred from practicing law in New York State and offering their assistance. He says that he wants to make it clear he's licensed to practice law in New York. He's in good standing with the state bar and have always been. Although he prefers Texas, he's proud of the legal legal work that he's doing in New York, and he called all of the reports clickbait. Now, I will say, when I released this story, it was from an actual document, a court document that was from the Grievances Committee. And what I think he's going to try and argue here, what he's going to have to do to reverse this if he can. I don't even know if that's possible, is just show that there was some proof I guess of him submitted these admissions.
Speaker 6: But I think right now, in my opinion, I'm not an attorney.
Speaker 7: What he's doing is he's using like technical terms to try and talk around the fact. The fact is is that this committee is saying, you didn't follow rules within the Southern District of New York and that's a problem, and no, you cannot lead this like we need you to come in.
Speaker 4: So what happens to all the people that he has as soon did he do? They have to go to another day to find another attorney?
Speaker 7: No, So what'll happen if from from what I understand, if the pro hac vice thing does happen, he'll still be able to be involved, but he just he will be working with more local attorneys that are actually okay in that jurisdiction. If not, I don't know what happens. I don't know how he litigates. And if that does happen, I have no idea what happens then, got you? But yeah, so that back and forth is happening right now. But also too with puff right now, over the weekend or this Monday, his team filed something that I thought was interesting. They filed they're pushing back on the criminal side. They're saying that all of the evidence that the police the prosecutor's office gathered in those raids need to be suppressed. Suppressed with mean that you can't use it in court. And they're basically saying that the reason why this stuff should be suppressed is that in order to obtain the search warrants that they did. They're accusing the prosecutor's office of using witnesses that they basically knew weren't credible, witnesses that they knew basically didn't have like really good grounds to stand on. They talk about Cassie particularly in saying that they now have proof that everything that the prosecutor's office said about her involvement on these tapes or whatever was consensual. So to use that to make it look anything but potential to then get a search warrant is illegal, And they're saying that if it isn't suppressed, they want to have a hearing to just look into the prosecutor's conduct of how they got the search warrant to get this information. So they're like, Yo, we need to take a and I think they're doing this because this other case just got dismissed on the other side, so that probably going to try and leaning of.
Speaker 5: That, well, what happened to racism? Wasn't racism? Was it racism last week?
Speaker 6: Yes? Racism last week? This week?
Speaker 7: It is that they violated his Uh, the way that that they got the search warrant was incorrect.
Speaker 6: I mean he's gonna look saying he's fighting for us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he just recently had an attorney who backed off the case and said that, you know, I don't want to be involved. It's not the lead attorney. It's not Mark Agnefilio. It was a different guy, but he backed off and said he didn't want to be involved anymore. So I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: But they said that was about you. Did you check to see any sources about that?
Speaker 11: Lord?
Speaker 5: I wanted to know why did he back and off the case.
Speaker 4: They said that he was arguing with the I guess the main attorney like him and the main attorney didn't get along and they were seeing differently.
Speaker 3: Was that what happened?
Speaker 11: That's what I read.
Speaker 7: So they're saying that there's been a power struggle. His name is Anthony Rico. He says that there's been a power struggle going on between him and lead attorney Mark Agnefilio for several months and it finally came to a head.
Speaker 1: He says, somebody got to be the top and somebody got to be the bottom. There you go, Oh my god, somebody be a situation.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 6: You got to play your position. You got no win to be winning the lynn.
Speaker 3: Now what.
Speaker 6: I never heard that. I know you heard that one, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: I ain't never heard that in my lane. But I've heard them all, but I ain't never heard you got to know when to been and win the lynn. I like that though, You.
Speaker 7: Like that, daddy, Look, yeah, coming coming back to it, though, I don't want to say that. This whole thing with attorney Buzz people, we will be watching because I'm very interested to see what will happen in this. And again I'm not an attorney, but from what it seems, the Southern District of New York.
Speaker 4: Is tied to him right now because he has the majority of the accusers.
Speaker 7: Yeahs over over one hundred accusers civilly on the civil side.
Speaker 3: But again, remember it's not looking good.
Speaker 7: The the amended filing with jay Z that also has yeah for Busby that also you know has something to do with the as well, was voluntarily dismissed, which is a big like there's a question mark when that happens with no settlement, it's like, who what are you admitting to hear what's happening to Lauren?
Speaker 1: I would love to hear what the criminal attorneys think of the civil attorneys. And what I mean by that is when you're trying to fight a criminal case, right and you know you're putting together a jury. A lot of times, not even a lot of times, in this situation, it feels like the civil case is alloweder than his actual criminal case.
Speaker 3: Because they're more descriptive out of the box.
Speaker 7: Were learning where we haven't heard nothing about the criminal side. I remember that we don't don't we don't know who's on the tapes, we don't know what like we we still don't know a lot about that.
Speaker 4: But you know, in surprisingly most times, people wait, like most attorneys will wait till after the criminal to start doing all the civil stuff because they're waiting to see what, you know, what evidence they have and what they can use.
Speaker 3: It's weird that it seems like they're trying to get that money sooner than later.
Speaker 5: But no, yes, that's true.
Speaker 1: But I just wonder what criminal what the criminal attorneys think of what's what's going on civilly and how that affecting their criminal case.
Speaker 7: And I will say, Attorney Busby has been an attorney for some time. I'm not an attorney. And I keep saying that because when I tell y'all, this is a very beginner mistake. So I am very interested to see how this plays out. This is a very beginner mistake. If he had just done this earlier, like put in the emissions and everything he was supposed to do, we wouldn't even be here right now having this conversation. So I am extremely interested to see how this plays out. And it does not look good for those other civil suits if it doesn't play out well in his favor.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, Well that is just with the mess with Lalla Rosa charlaae.
Speaker 3: Yes, we'll give it that donkey too.
Speaker 1: Man, Well, this morning, we need the world's richest man, Elon must to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 5: We'd like to have a word with him police.
Speaker 3: Right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club. Good morning wake.
Speaker 11: If you're liked into the.
Speaker 1: Breakfast club, some donkey today is just suddensete.
Speaker 5: Man ready, I never heard them.
Speaker 3: Donkey other day said again.
Speaker 5: Charlamn iduncan, Yes you are.
Speaker 1: Charlote, Yes, Donkey today for Monday, February twenty fourth goes to the richest man in the world, Elon Musk. Now, I don't know who people voted for in twenty twenty four. Okay, some of us voted for Vice President Kamala Harris. Some people clearly voted for the forty seventh President of the United States of America, Donald J.
Speaker 5: Trump.
Speaker 3: Some people voted for the Green Party. Some people vote in candidates.
Speaker 1: But I know one person folks didn't vote for, and that person is the richest man in the world, Elon Musk. But for some reason, Elon Musk, who was an immigrant from South Africa. For some reason, this man is in control of how the government spends his money. Not only is he in control of how the government spends his money, he's the reason that over twelve thousand federal workers have been fired as part of the Trump's administration's broad effort to slash the federal workforce of two point three million people. How do you feel knowing that you are a federal worker who voted for Donald J.
Speaker 5: Trump and in his first thirty days. You're out of a job.
Speaker 1: Elections do indeed have consequences, and sadly, because of a choice you made, you have to live unemployed with those consequences. It's amazing to me how they are just playing with people's lives. Though you can't just cut people's jobs indiscriminately, okay. For example, they fired hundreds of employees from the National Nuclear Security Administration. These are people who oversee the stockpile of nuclear weapons, okay.
Speaker 4: And then they.
Speaker 1: Realized, wait, wait wait, wait wait wait wait, we need these people.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 1: They tried to rehire them because their dismissal could jeopardize national security. All right, Elon Muskin and Trump administration also fired employees who worked on the bird flu response okay, and they're trying to rehire them as well.
Speaker 5: It's a mess.
Speaker 1: I personally don't understand how an administration. How an administration can say they are America first, but they have a South African immigrant causing pain to so many Americans.
Speaker 5: That is not what they voted for.
Speaker 1: But this weekend on X, of course, Elon Musk suggested that workers could lose their jobs if they didn't respond to an email blast from the Office of Personnel Management asking for a list of five things they did in the past week.
Speaker 5: I repeat.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk suggested that workers.
Speaker 1: Could lose their jobs if they didn't respond to an email blast from the Office of Personnel Management asking for a list of five things they did in the past week. I can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to NBC News for the report. Police, what did you do last week? That's the question.
Speaker 10: Elon Musk and his Department of Government Efficiency Team insists all federal workers must answer in an email, Musk adding on a social media platform X that failure to respond will be taken as a resignation. Three sources to NBC News those emails were already being received by federal employees Saturday, asking them to send five bullet points of what they accomplished last week, but noting employees should not include classified information. The deadline for applying except for Monday at eleven fifty nine pm.
Speaker 5: Now listen.
Speaker 1: I have to give credit to Toci Gabbert and Cashpttel. Toci is the US Director of National Intelligence and Cash Betel is the new FBI Director, and they joined the growing list of department heads who have told the employees to ignore the request from Elon Muskin Doge because yes, why is anyone listening to him? Okay, not just those two individuals, though, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Secretary of Defense of Pete Hegseth, and Department of Homeland Security chief Christy Nome. They've all told employees the disregard okay, disregard that email because at some point, someone with some sense has to reject the oligarchy, all right.
Speaker 5: The billionaires don't run America. Working class people do.
Speaker 1: And if you are an official in the govern you work for working class people because trust and belief, Americans will remember who caused them pain and there will be backlash at some point. Not to mention, I believe that someone needs to check Donald Trump's to pay to make sure there isn't one of Elon must Neuralink's devices in there. Okay, something isn't right, all right. Elon has some sort of mind control over Donald Trump. And every time Donald Trump is in a press briefing, one simple question should come up, and that question is who is the real President of the United States of America. Every time he's in a press briefing, when one of y'all get an opportunity to answer to ask a question. Y'all should ask that every single time because we know who it is on paper, but who's really.
Speaker 5: Calling the shots?
Speaker 1: Elon and Trump are giving record label owner artists vibes. Okay, Watching Elon, you know, stand next to Trump is like watching Birdman stand next to Wayne back in the day. It's like watching did he stand next to Big back in the day. It's like watching Yo Gotti and Glorilla. Now, no matter how hot the artists is, you can clearly see who's in charge. Now here's the reason Elon Musk absolutely deserves this. He haw Okay, this man said on yesterday that he was just eager to see who had a post and two working neurons amid the claims that some government employees are barely working are.
Speaker 5: Checking their emails.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if you worked in government and you are in charge of things that could put this country's national security at risk, You are in charge of containing diseases that could kill millions of people, and you have an unelected immigrant from another country playing which you on a weekend. We have to start putting some things in perspective. And one thing we need to put in perspective is we are post America. Okay, we are post constitution. This isn't about republican a democrat. This is about democracy or no democracy. And I don't know what the political solution is to this problem because we aren't dealing with the democracy that we once knew. And untill we the people identify and realize what game is actually being played at our expense, we will continue to loose. Please give the oligark in chief Elon Musk, the biggest he hull.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you for that donkey today.
Speaker 6: That's so sad.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's.
Speaker 4: Open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one five one. This will probably sit with Charlemagne. Well, because we're talking a little bit of ugly. Now, this conversation comes from a glourrilla lyric. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one five one. Ladies, do you like your man with a little bit of ugly?
Speaker 1: You just heard Gloriala say she do you know? First of all, beauty is in the eye to behold the always remember that beauty is subjective.
Speaker 5: That's number one.
Speaker 1: And there's nothing wrong with being medium ugly, Okay, I've been medium ugly my whole life, and it's worked very well for me.
Speaker 4: But let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Do you like your man with a little bit of ugly?
Speaker 6: Love a medium ugly ugly?
Speaker 7: You're not medium ugly though, you you're like, well done ugly Jesus.
Speaker 6: All right, I just want you to know.
Speaker 3: Let's take your your mama, don't even believe that.
Speaker 5: Tell the truth.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and tell the truth.
Speaker 3: Telling the double one we're doing.
Speaker 2: When we come back.
Speaker 5: What your mama say?
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five A five one five on no do when we come back?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Do you like it man with a little bit of ugly? We'll take your calls when we come back. It's the breakfast slogan.
Speaker 3: Morning call full out your phone call in right now, you call me. Add your opinion to the Breakfast Club top break it down. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's topic time.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five A five one o five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's dj NV just hilarious charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club low on the rosa filling and for a es. Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about this Glorilla line, all right. Gloriala said this line and it was trending all weekend. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one five one, ladies, do you like your man with a little bit of ugly now?
Speaker 3: Lauren, yes, you said, yes, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 6: They adore you. I told you that before.
Speaker 7: They adore you a different way, you know what I'm saying, because it's like they still have that PTSD of being like their whole ugly self and then like they kind of got a little cute so they get a little play now, so they know how to maneuver, but they adore you because they just they happy to be there now.
Speaker 4: Right before break, Charlamagne was talking that your mother said that he was handsome.
Speaker 7: My mom said he was smart. Okay, so that says a lot. She complimented your brains and not your beauty.
Speaker 1: Now, who in your family said your mom actually said I was smart and handsome?
Speaker 6: First of all, my mom smokes a lot of marijuana.
Speaker 3: Well hold on, but who in your family said Charlamagne.
Speaker 7: Was My grandmother thinks that Charlmagne is the our oldest. My grandmother is, she'll be eighty seven this year.
Speaker 3: Okay, did she drive by herself?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh no, my grandma is. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just you wear glasses, yes, glass, you know exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm fully aware that, you know, I am nineties rom Com Fine. So being that I am nineties rom Com fine, I represent for all the ballhead you know, melanated brothers who were in all those movies in the nineties, and that there's a certain generation that appreciates that level of handsome. See, Lauren, your generation don't use words like handsome no more. No, y'all say fine, that's you know what I'm saying, Like ya, handsome handsome is like the finest of conyacts like the most the most vintage, the most vintage of cause, like when you say something is handsome, that's a different level of beauty. And I represent for all the handsome brothers out there, the nineties rom Com fine brothers. Okay, And I want to say something else. Some of y'all women media mugly too. But you don't know it, Okay, but you know, actually you do know it. You know it when you go home and you take off that wig. You know it when you go home and you take off that makeup. You know it when you wake up in the morning.
Speaker 6: I was fresh face on Friday.
Speaker 3: You're shooting at these women this morning.
Speaker 6: Because because we know, I think he's trying to be funny.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about you, lord, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that a lot of women are medium ugly underneath it all, okay, And and some of you guys is more than medium ugly. When y'all get that bage, you ain't got.
Speaker 3: Your big watch your mouth. Let's go to the phone. Like I don't use baby.
Speaker 6: He don't got no face on zoom this morning. His ugly face ain't on zoom.
Speaker 3: He was too told before Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 4: Hey Rachel, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Do you like it man with a little bit of ugly?
Speaker 13: I do?
Speaker 9: I love my.
Speaker 15: They treat you better.
Speaker 9: I learned that, and at the end of the day, looks he.
Speaker 15: Wouldn't get older. It's all about the person that they treat you.
Speaker 3: They treat you so you look for ugly man.
Speaker 9: I love him.
Speaker 7: He ain't got to be completely ugly, yeah, like medium ugly, not fully ugly.
Speaker 1: Y'all got to give me an example, man, what y'all call Because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Speaker 5: What's medium ugly?
Speaker 6: Do you think somebody that's medium ugly?
Speaker 4: Like forty?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 3: Like, who's in it? What's an example?
Speaker 5: Give us an example.
Speaker 15: I can't big of nobody right now because there ain't no such thing.
Speaker 6: No it is. I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 4: I'll just make it up stuff all right, Let's go to Taylor online six tailor good morning, Good morning, now, Taylor.
Speaker 3: Do you like your man with a little bit of ugly?
Speaker 16: I love my man with a little bit of ugly.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 16: Because? Like, I just feel like men aren't supposed to be pretty?
Speaker 15: Like, what are you? Why are you so pretty?
Speaker 17: For what?
Speaker 13: I just feel like it's my manly to be pretty.
Speaker 3: We're born like that. We can't we can't help ourselves.
Speaker 7: But skeptic is a man. You know what skeptic looks like? Yeah, he is gorgeous and he's very manly.
Speaker 16: Yeah, but he's just too pretty. I don't like pretty man.
Speaker 1: Give me an example of a media ugly man, Taylor Telor, give me an example.
Speaker 16: I have the example of a medium ugly man. I mean, Duke Dennis is medium ugly for sure. I'm trying to say he's very handsome, but he's just not like pretty, you know, like when you have like pretty features really symmetrical, like there's no roughness or like, you know, masculinity in your face.
Speaker 13: It's just real feminine and pretty. And I don't like that.
Speaker 16: Let me take him another example of a medium ugly man. I feel like Gucci is medium ugly. Okay, yeah, like I feel like pop Smoke was medium and ugly. God bless him, all right? See that man, Chris Brown is pretty too pretty for me? What's his name? Michael Eely is too pretty.
Speaker 1: I don't like this though, because she called the two dark skin brothers Gucci and pop Smoke medium ugly, but she called the two red bones pretty.
Speaker 2: I don't like that brown skin.
Speaker 3: He's a Chris Michael they beige.
Speaker 5: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: But listen, let's let's switch it a little bit.
Speaker 6: NBA.
Speaker 5: I need to know who y'all think is medium buggly.
Speaker 6: NBA young.
Speaker 7: I'm going through my music playlist because it's just easier to do, like when you have something to look at, I would say, NBA young boys, medium ugly.
Speaker 6: Who else a buggie medium ugly.
Speaker 4: This is crazy, this is real crazy, but eight crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm judging women like this all week long.
Speaker 6: Five medium ugly?
Speaker 3: Do you like your men with a little bit of ugly?
Speaker 4: And who do you call medium muggling? Let's discuss this's the breakfast club, go morning.
Speaker 2: Let's say if y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 11: It's topic times called.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Warning, everybody is envy Jess Larry Charlamagne, the gud We are the breakfast Club. Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about this glowrilla line right here, this is where it came from.
Speaker 3: We're asking eight.
Speaker 4: Hundred five eight five one oh five one do you like him man with a little bit of ugly? And who is a little bit of ugly to you? What meant a little bit ugly to you? So we can have a scale so we can understand who you're talking about.
Speaker 7: Man, they just broke my heart in here. They brought up fifty. They said, fifty is on the medium ugly list. But maybe that's why I think he's so attractive.
Speaker 4: Say the person who said it. No, let fifty see their Instagram. Fifty gonna be going at their Instagram all week?
Speaker 5: No, he no, not, she's pregnant.
Speaker 6: He guys live in that medium space.
Speaker 7: But it works for him though, because he I mean, the energy just gets what it needs to get.
Speaker 5: First of all, beauty is subjective, okay.
Speaker 1: Like'll y'all out here calling people medium ugly, and some of these people that y'all call medium ugly folks think is fine?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: No, And energy matters a lot more with men like your aura and how you demand the room than your looks in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this hi? He na morning?
Speaker 4: We're asking a couple of questions. Do you like him in with a little bit of ugly? And who is medium ugly to you?
Speaker 15: I do like my medium ugly? And what do you mean by who like you like?
Speaker 4: If we want to like, how do you describe medium ugly? Like like describes medium ugly to you? What celebrity?
Speaker 3: What man?
Speaker 16: I feel like that guy that that moved off? The guy I feel like he's the medium ugly.
Speaker 15: I think he's.
Speaker 16: He's too pretty till he's ugly.
Speaker 6: Well medium Jesus, I kind of understand what you mean. It's hard to describe it.
Speaker 7: Like he's like it's like, okay, he fine, it's mofossa but like his features is a little you got they gotta settle in you They got settling.
Speaker 6: He's give a medium ugly?
Speaker 5: Ye shut you shut your ass up? If he got ears one out? Do you ever know when to sit one out?
Speaker 1: Can you not read the room? You got two women describing the man's looks at him?
Speaker 4: He got ears, got he's a handsome brother, he just got ears. That's I don't shut your Hello?
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 11: Can we talk about?
Speaker 5: Who's medium?
Speaker 2: Gay?
Speaker 4: The medium gay?
Speaker 6: Y'all well done on that side.
Speaker 3: And you're well done gay?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 16: Okay Mississippi?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up? K for Mississippi? Who's medium?
Speaker 5: Ugly? To you?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 16: Big Magi text me?
Speaker 13: I told him a rock.
Speaker 7: Have you ever seen acept Rocky in real life? Like outside of photos and videos?
Speaker 16: I have not, But for y'all to do a little better.
Speaker 7: But I would challenge you to see him in real life and then come back in real life photos and videos do him no justice. That means it's gorgeous, Did she say, Big MAXI just text her I'm trying to tell you only because I used to be like, I don't really get the asap height, like he fly, but I didn't really get it. And then I seen him in person, I was like, oh, like, he literally glistens. Sorry read, I know that should mean I'm not you know what I'm saying. I'm just it's just a topic Navy.
Speaker 5: Once again.
Speaker 1: This is why I say it's all subject active because one the woman thought the woman on the.
Speaker 5: Phone thought he was medium ugly. Lauren thought he find That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Well we just hung up on somebody.
Speaker 4: But they were saying that to them all, studs look medium ugly.
Speaker 6: Okay, I can see where they're going.
Speaker 1: What they got to do to anything. Were talking about men, but I don't know that ladies talk about men. Why would you bring it? You see what I'm saying, Studs, Next time, y'all see the NB all jump them because he bought y'all in this for no goddamn any missing misidentified y'all.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, oh my god, why would you and why would you hang up on that person? I wanted to hear what they had to say.
Speaker 3: What's the boiler of the story, cool, y'all.
Speaker 1: The morail of the story is beauty is in the eye, behold of the beholder, like it's all subjective.
Speaker 5: That's that's the way I look at it.
Speaker 6: The moral of the story is some people well done and they don't know it.
Speaker 3: All right, we got just the mess coming up.
Speaker 5: I bet you would never show up without no we're gun and.
Speaker 3: My brain bet you. Oh you know what, I got a picture with you.
Speaker 5: The fact I'm gonna post that to day that you want to be spoiled?
Speaker 6: Are you gonna post it?
Speaker 7: When I wrapped my hair with the photo shoot and how gurgeous I looked? You go right ahead. You don't have a picture of me with my mill braids.
Speaker 3: I know I.
Speaker 1: Got a picture of you. I definitely got it all my life. I had to fight pictures you. You ain't even got to worry about that.
Speaker 6: Ain't not the medium ugly about me?
Speaker 7: I mean it depends on because when we posted this before, people was in my comments like, she must not know she medium ugly, And I'm like, hey, you know.
Speaker 3: So you heard this phrase before.
Speaker 4: Mediumugmy not to me in real life.
Speaker 6: Don't play with me.
Speaker 7: People in the comments is trying to be funny, but yes, we do have Jess with the Mess coming up. IRV Gotty's brother Chris Gotti talked a bit more about IRV Gotty's passing and what actually was, you know, the reasoning behind his passing.
Speaker 6: So we're gonna talk about that.
Speaker 3: All right, We'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning, everybody is stej NV, Jess, Hilarrys charlamage to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the Mess.
Speaker 9: You is real, whether it's jes Ca, Robin Moore, Jas, don't do no line.
Speaker 14: Don't do.
Speaker 6: Nobody?
Speaker 5: Why Jess World?
Speaker 3: While matter.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club, the coach says with l Lauren Ros.
Speaker 4: I'm back and I got the mess talked to me?
Speaker 7: Okay, So IRV Gotty's brother, Chris Gotti, he sat down on a platform called two Way, and on this platform he talked with Dame Dash who was also a special guest. And it was a special that they did on how to cope with Strokeris and diabetes, and they did it in memory of IRV Gotti. Let's take a listen to what Chriscotti had to say about Earth Gotty's passing.
Speaker 5: When was your brother diagnosed with diabetes?
Speaker 18: Wow, so he's fifty four. I believe he's diagnosed when he was in his forties. But Earth doesn't go to the doctor. So that's why he's so late being diagnosed.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 18: And then when he finally did go get a real physical in the check of execure, diabetic and he didn't believe it. IRV was type one, actually started with type two, developed into type one. And when we talk about this topic, why so it's deer and sensitive for me is I watched him suffer in the last three years and his life. Sadly enough, he did go on his terms. He just didn't believe it, and he was like, I'm going to go away. Basically I wanted. He ate a bunch of Chinese food while playing poker and had a massive hemorrhotic stroke, which is bleeding on the brain.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so a hemorrhotic stroke by definition occurs on the blood vessel on the brain burst and causes the bleeding as he mentioned. And I know some people have questions about the difference between type one and type two. Per what I see on Google, the difference is how the body processes the insulin, and type one diabetes, the bodies immune system attacks and destroys the cells and the pancreas and that produced the insulin, meaning and cannot make the insulin at all. While type two diabetes go ahead, no, go ahead, well, type type two diabetes, the body still produces the insulin, but the cells come resistant to its effects.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I never heard of what did he say, type one became two? I never I know that he said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. I do know.
Speaker 7: Some people were disputing that as why I I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure some doctors will correct the correct him later. But man, the biggest takeaway from what Chris Gotti said just now is that IRV Gott he didn't like to go to the doctor. Didn't We get on this radio all the time, and it been getting on this radio for years telling y'all take y'all ass to the doctor.
Speaker 5: I don't care what it is.
Speaker 1: I dodn'et have prostate exams, colonpees, end on nopees, every single you know cardiovascular test.
Speaker 5: That you can think of. Salute the doctor. Pullman.
Speaker 1: So are in medical like you got to take your ass to the doctor. There's no way around it if you want to live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're absolutely right. That's why we talk about it so much.
Speaker 4: And a lot of y'all say, y'all share a lot, But the reason we share so much is because we want you guys to go to the doctor. We want you comfortable and thinking that you can go to the doctor and call and talk to your peoples about it, because we need to. We need to make sure that we're checking up on each other, that we're going to our appointments, that we're checking our blood pressure, that we're making sure that we're checking our salt to our sugar levels, our heart and everything in between. We gotta make sure. And if you don't do you won't want to do it for yourself. Do it for your family. Do it for your kids, do it for your wife, do it for whoever's in your family. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to have so many people die over things that you know, that could possibly have been prevented if they just simply had went to the doctor.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: And I know we make jokes about the prostate exam, but yes, go get a protet exam, like go get a cold do cop like we put it like this. If you like to laugh, having stuff up your butt is always funny. But at least you got something up your butt for a good reason.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, great, yes, but somebody might like it up for that reason another reason.
Speaker 3: But anyway, go ahead, continue on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, shifting gears and places.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 7: Simon Badia, I always say his last name wrong, but that is the exchanged husband of Porsia Williams, who appeared on Real Housewives of Atlanta with her. We found out over the weekend that he was actually detained by ICE. So he is currently being held in the Stewart Detention Center in Lumpkin, Georgia.
Speaker 3: Somebody called Ice or him.
Speaker 7: Something happened. Something happened, Yes, then it came and got him. Now he's a Nigerian philanthropist. And again you guys remember him because he was on the show with her. He was at once married to the girl Fallon and he got with Porscha. That was a whole storyline. And him and Porscha recently decided to be together anymore. And there were conversations around why she decided to, you know, go through a divorce with him. It was money conversations and she said that she just found out that he wasn't exactly who he said he was in the beginning, and she didn't want any parts of it.
Speaker 6: And now we're seeing this. You know, this happened as well too. Now.
Speaker 7: Porsche spoke out not too long after this news hit and said, it's disheartening to see my strange husband make choices that have led to this outcome. At this moment, my priority is moving forward with my family in the prayer hands.
Speaker 1: So well, yeah, if you said, if you look at it, you know, they said he migrated from Nigeria to the US and eighty two, but he overstayed his visa, so he was declared the portable in nineteen what eighty five, and then they said he was arrested in eighty seven for banking credit card fraud. He is Nigerian, and then he was arrested two additional times. So he was deported to Nigeria in nineteen ninety two, but then he came back a month later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then he applied.
Speaker 1: For citizenship in twenty sixteen, but he was denied by the US government because his previous status was unlawfully granted.
Speaker 7: And from what the reports are, this actually happened while he was reapplying for trying to figure out on the message, trying to was just talking about with this citizenship.
Speaker 3: So he was on television knowing he wasn't supposed to be here.
Speaker 6: Trying to figure out maybe that's wow. Yeah, it seems to me.
Speaker 3: That people's face. I think the pors fine though, man, So I can understand taking him the risk.
Speaker 7: She melt the ice like what.
Speaker 5: I can understand the risk that's were taken. I can understand it.
Speaker 7: He's a business owner here, he's making money, like, so maybe he thought that, you know, things would work out.
Speaker 4: But on the first shi he wasn't with Porsche on the show. The first time, he was with somebody else. I don't know who was.
Speaker 6: Who was the Alan she was?
Speaker 7: She was it was crazy was first wife, right, yeah, but she was just like she had a smaller storyline on the show. But they tried to make her and Porsia seem like they was homegirls on the show. So then when Porscha got with him, it was like, oh my god, I thought that was your friend and she had to come out and be like, that was not my friend.
Speaker 6: We was just on the show together.
Speaker 1: I just mean this in the most respectful way as a married man. You know, I can understand why he would take the risk of wearing matching pajamas with Porsche all over Instagram and be all over the reality shows with her.
Speaker 7: I can understand why now he's in that intentions and and just reminiscent on the high.
Speaker 1: But well, that's all you got is your stories when you locked up. So that's a that's a great story to have.
Speaker 3: Average house is cars. Who gets that cause he's no longer him.
Speaker 7: He does have he has children and I'm assuming other family here, so maybe they'll figure it ou out.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Specifically about you, the house, the health. I don't know her to have the I know she had one of the cars. They were going back over for about one of the cars. I'm not for sure who has what and that they haven't The divorce hasn't finalized yet with them either.
Speaker 6: They're still going through the process of that.
Speaker 7: But I did reach out to IOL try and get some more information on what's about the ICE. You can reach out the ICE. You can reach out to them. They have a media department. What number is that it's an email?
Speaker 5: Give me the number.
Speaker 4: Lord need to be investigated, don't you know.
Speaker 7: But they have They have departments in every state and you can reach out, especially if you're a media I'll let to obtain information for clarity. And that's what I did because I had a lot of questions like you guys did, and as you see, I can't answer me.
Speaker 6: So when I can, I'll be back with that.
Speaker 5: Do they have a tip line?
Speaker 6: All right, y'all? Dang?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: One time more quick?
Speaker 6: Which should I go to? So much good stuff?
Speaker 7: Okay, So Wendy Williams and you guys know that we've been keeping you up with Wendy Williams. Here at the Breakfast Club. Yesterday I broken exclusive. I spoke to Wendy Williams and she says that she's back at square one, fighting for her life with next to nothing. So she's a legend that her guardian, Sabrina Mercy, has recently hired four high, top notch attorneys to protect yourself from Wendy Williams and also from Lifetime. So Wendy says this week she to fire her current attorney that was the black woman attorney that she was really excited about because this person wasn't appointed by the court. But she said that she had to fire her because things were not working out, and now she needs to said more legal tea.
Speaker 6: So she's back at square one.
Speaker 7: She's saying that she might have to go through something called a linking here, which is something where they're able to see if she's capable of choosing her own lawyer. But the issue that she has with that is even if they allow her to choose her own attorney, what I'm told is that the attorney will still be from a list of attorneys at the court selects, and she doesn't want to do that. She wants to be able to choose her own attorney. She's very confused about why she has to do the link in hearing. The linking here is something that they use, like, you know, when kids are in court and it's a custody battle, they're like, you know, they want to figure out where the kid wants to be. They use that same type of interview that a judge does, but with the conservaty like the person who's in a conservative ship. So she doesn't understand why she has to do that. She feels like she's proven that she's more than capable enough to make these decisions. And yeah, so now she's you know, she just wants you guys to know what's going on. So she wanted us to let you guys know that she's trying to figure it out all over again attorney wise at this point.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, well thank you for that. Jess with the mess, Lauren, thank you.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: All right when we come back, we got the People's Choice mixed, get your request and don't go Anywhere's the Breakfast Club come morning, you're checking out the.
Speaker 5: Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is dj n V, Jess, Hilariy Mischelamaine the guy. We are the Breakfast Club law on Rosa fieling in for just in this Black History Month, for we do it man.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 1: You know every day during Black History Month, my guy Bet puts out an episode. If I didn't know, maybe you didn't neither. On The Black Effect. iHeart Radio podcast Network. And we're going to learn today about how Jasmine Evans got left off the kidney transplant list, not because she wasn't qualified, but because someone decided to play doctor based on stereotypes.
Speaker 5: Let's discuss.
Speaker 14: See, Jasmine needed a kidney transplant, so I'm critical for her survival. But instead of being placed on the list like any qualified patient, she was left off. Why because of assumptions rooted in stereotypes about black women. We've been discussing medical apartheid all season, and this is just another branch on that tree. The doctors didn't doubt her medical condition, they doubted her ability to comply with post transplant care.
Speaker 5: Let that sink in.
Speaker 14: Despite meeting the necessary criteria, they judged her based on who they thought she was, not who she actually is. They assumed she lacks support or discipline, assumptions tied to harmful narratives about our sisters. This is bigger than Jasmine. Though Black women are at the heart of our community. They're our mothers, our sisters, our daughters, our partners. Yet many times they're often disregarded, disrespected, and dismissed in healthcare. Studies show they're less likely to receive proper pain management, less likely to be listened to, and more likely to face barriers to life saving treatments. Jasmine's story is in an isolated case. It's a reflection of a system that undervalues black women's lives.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing. Didn't give up.
Speaker 14: She fought back, She raised her voice and exposed the bias that nearly robbed her of her future. After public pressure, she was finally placed on the kidney transplant list. But that fight shouldn't have been necessary. Black women shouldn't have to battle every step of the way just to get what they deserve. So, fellas, this is where we come in. Supporting black women isn't just about words. It's about action. It's about showing up for them and standing misad them and speaking up when they're being wrong. It's about recognizing that their fight is our fight too. We know how much black women do for us. We know how much black women mean to us. They hold us down, they lift us up, They fight for us when nobody else will, and Jasmine's story is a reminder that we need to do the same for them. Let's honor their strength by making sure that the systems that failed them are held accountable. Let's be the men who stand in the gap. Because when black women thrive, you already know our entire community thrives. Jasmin's fight a and neither is ours. So let's commit to making this world safer, fairer, and more just for the black women we love.
Speaker 3: Okay, bye, all right?
Speaker 1: Well, Happy Black History Month, man, thank you be that and make sure you subscribe to that. I didn't know maybe you didn't need a podcast on the Black Effect. iHeart radio podcast network available everywhere you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 4: All right, when we come back, we got the positive No and more so, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club to make good morning. Everybody's DJ Envy.
Speaker 3: Jess, Hilariy, Charlamaane the Guy.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club, Laurna the Rossa filling in for Jess and we got a salute to Joe Takapina that is asap Rocky's defense attorney. He also represented people like Donald J. Trump, Michael Jackson, a Rod Meek Mill, just to name a few. He stopped through check out the full interview. Very insightful, so lead to that very informative conversation.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 1: I love talking to attorneys because I love just their thought process on things, you know, and it's interesting to hear somebody like Joe talk about the cases he didn't choose right to do, especially being that he's represented a lot of controversial cases.
Speaker 5: You don't sleep absolutely to Joe. Yeah, he needs a documentary based on his life too.
Speaker 11: By the way, I.
Speaker 4: Think so too, And Lauren, you got something yes.
Speaker 7: So in exactly two months, twenty seven days, and fourteen hours, we will be in a Dominican Republic.
Speaker 6: I'm hosting the HBCU Black.
Speaker 7: No, why do you keep asking about getting body as if they's time about my body?
Speaker 4: Are you trying to time that you brought that up.
Speaker 3: To ask advice about me? And what about if I wonder.
Speaker 6: You need focus on them arms?
Speaker 5: I don't why you keep why do you keep? You're right? You're absolutely right, Lauren, He's been need to focus on his arms for years.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand why you're concerned about what that young lady does with her body.
Speaker 5: Her body, her choice correct.
Speaker 7: First of all, not the way, not now you missed your body or choice of what you be attacking every piece of hair on his body or anything.
Speaker 5: It's a wig, it's not yours.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm want to be d y'all.
Speaker 7: I'm not getting my body done, but we are gonna have a good time. I'm there for the Memorial Day Getaways HBCU and Black Alumni Weekend. It's six days, five nights, all inclusive. We'll be doing parties, day parties, night parties, We're gonna eat, we gonna drink, We're gonna have a great time. It's always a good time when I'm there, So make sure y'all pop out. Get your tickets now at Memorial Day Getaway dot com and tell them Lauren LaRosa sent you.
Speaker 4: I check out all right? Well, you got a positive note?
Speaker 1: I do, and the positive note comes from one of my favorite follows on Instagram at the Healing Guide. You should follow Healing guid on Instagram, but they posted nothing kills you faster than your own mind. Don't stress over things that are out of your control. Your own thoughts and worries can harm you more than anything else. When you stress too much about things that you cannot change, it affects your mental and physical health. Overthinking and worrying make you feel anxious, tired, and even sick. Instead of focusing on things beyond your control, it's better to accept them and focus on what you can change. Letting go of unnecessary stress will help you stay happier and healthier.
Speaker 5: Y'all have a great day.
Speaker 3: Breakfast club bitches, you gonna finish for y'all done,