Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: I'm Nathan Hager and I'm Karen Moscow. Here are the stories we're following today.
Speaker 3: We begin with the latest in the war between Israel and Hamas. Palestinian officials say Israeli airstrikes in Gaza have killed more than twenty six hundred and fifty people. Israel is opening up a safe corridor out of northern Gaza. It estimates more than six hundred thousand have already fled Gaza City. Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln has arrived back in Israel. Sources say President Biden is considering a visit of his own. He says Hamas needs to be eliminated entirely.
Speaker 4: Israel is going after a group of people who are engaged in barbarism that is as consequential as the Holocaust, and so I think Israel has to respond. They have to go after Aramas.
Speaker 3: President Biden spoke on CBS's sixty Minutes. Listeners in Washington, DC can hear sixty minutes every Sunday evening on Bloomberg ninety nine to one.
Speaker 2: Well Nathan, Israel says it continues to have full fledged support from the United Slime States, and we spoke earlier with Israel Defense spokesperson Jonathan Conricus on Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 5: The administration, headed by the President and then down through the Secretary of State, etc. Are clearly unequivocally behind as well. And I want to be clear, we don't want a single American to do any fighting on our behalf. We will do the fighting by ourselves, and we will beat our enemies by ourselves. It is the material, the support, the replenishment of munitions that are important, and of course the diplomatic support that we are very aware that we will need in the future.
Speaker 2: Israel Defense spokesperson Jonathan Conricus is Israel is opening a safe corridor from North Gaza again today. It's estimated that more than six hundred thousand people have already left Gaza's city and its surroundings for Southern Gaza.
Speaker 3: Meantime, Karen the Palestinian Onvoided China is calling for Beijing to play a role in ending the war in the Gaza Strip amid concerns of a wider conflict and a rising humanitarian tall We spoke earlier with Thembassador for Reese Madowi.
Speaker 6: We need to stop what's going on. People are dying and we need to address this situation. It's the obligation of the international community, in which China is responsible as well. This is why they're sitting that security concept and this is what we expect from them to join hands along with others.
Speaker 3: Palace City and Ambassador for Reese Madowi downplayed the role of Iran in the conflict.
Speaker 2: Well, Nathan, we want to turn out of politics at our nation's capital. House Republicans will try once again this week to elect a new speaker. It's been almost two weeks since Kevin McCarthy was ousted. House Minority Leader Hakim Jeffries says there are important bills that need to be addressed.
Speaker 7: We want to ensure that votes are taken on bills that have substantial Democratic support and substantial Republicans.
Speaker 2: Support, and House Democratic Leader Hakim Jeffries says that he's had informal talks with the Republicans on a bipartisan solution to the leadership standoff. He made the comments on NBC's Meet the Press, Catch the Programs Sundays on Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 3: In geopolitical news, Care in the US is going to tighten curbs on China's access to advanced chip technology, and we get the story from Bloomberg's Ed Baxter.
Speaker 8: The first round happened in October, described as sweeping. So what this will do is tighten the measures already in place to refine to close loopholes controls on selling graphic chips for AI and advanced chip making equipment to Chinese firms. The US will also add Chinese chip design firms to a trade restriction list on AI and impose additional checks to firms trying to evade restrictions already in place by routing through other nations. Ad Baxter, Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, Ed, thanks.
Speaker 2: We'll turning to the markets. Big banks will be in focused as earning season picks up, and we get a preview from Bloomberg Shirley Pillett.
Speaker 9: Among the financials this week Goldman Sachs, Morgan, Stanley, Bank of America, Blackstone, Bank of New York, Mellon, American Express, and Charles Schwab. We'll also hear from a broad range of S and P companies. Sarah Malick's chief investment officer at Neuvene.
Speaker 10: Coming into earning seasons, we've seen cutstick and census. I think there's upside companies can eat and raise. Also, margins are expected to be down, and we're coming off three quarters of our earnings a session of negative negative earnings growth.
Speaker 9: Also this week AT and T, Johnson and Johnson, Lockheed, Martin, Netflix, and Tesla, among many others. In New York, Charlie Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, Charlie thanks. Another well known company, Right Aid has filed for bankruptcy. The pharmacy chain says it'll also shutter more stores as it looks to restructure nets. Right Aid's been laboring under more than three billion dollars of long term borrowing. The situation got worse after the US government claimed it filled unlawful prescriptions for opioid painkillers.
Speaker 2: And finally, Nathan the Taylor Swift Express continues to roll. People come up to me and maybe like, you know, to just like do you show with like all the albums in it?
Speaker 11: And I was like, yeah, it's gonna be called the Eras Tour.
Speaker 9: See you there.
Speaker 2: In The movie version of Swift's Stadium Tour instantly became one of the highest grossing concert films ever. comScore says The Eras Tour delivered an estimated ninety six million dollars in ticket sales this weekend in the US and Canada, and another thirty two million internationally. That Dwarf's passed movies by Justin Bieber and the late Michael Jackson. Rather than distribute the eras tour movie through a studio, Swift struck a deal with AMC Entertainment, the largest theater operator. All right, Nathan, thanks time now for a look at some of the other stories making news around the world. From that, we're joined by Bloomberg's John Tucker. John, good morning, and good morning Karen.
Speaker 12: A seventy one year old Illinois man accused of fatally stabbing a six year old boy near Chicago and seriously wounding a thirty two year old woman has been charged with a hate crime. Police alleged he singled out the victims because of their Islamic faith and as a response to the war between Israel and Hamas Aukman Hobb is the executive director of the Council on American Islamic Relations.
Speaker 13: What we have is a murdered Palestinian child by someone who was radicalized by the environment in which we live right now.
Speaker 12: FBI officials, along with Jewish and Muslim groups have reported an increase of hateful and threatening rhetoric. The latest fundraising reporting shows former President Trump with an almost insurmountable cash haul. More from Washington and Bloomberg Steve PTIs this Morning.
Speaker 14: In the three month period from July through the end of September, Trump raised more than twenty four and a half million dollars for his presidential campaign, the hall, boosted by his plays to donors to aid his effort as he is set to face multiple legal trials next year. The third quarter fundraising report shows the former president's dominance in the Republican field. Ron DeSantis' fundraising has slowed considerably. In the third quarter, he brought in fifteen point one million dollars. President Biden's campaigns it raised seventy one million dollars in the third quarter. I'm Steve Podesk, Bloomberg Radio, hardline Republican at Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry is the state's new governor, winning more than fifty percent of the vote Saturday and handing the GOP control of Louisiana's top executive office for the first time since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: The night's election says that our state is United and it's a wake up call. It's a message that every once.
Speaker 15: You hear loud and clear that we the people in this state are going to expect more out of our government from here on out.
Speaker 12: The Trump Back Conservative one with fifty one and a half percent of the vote, Founded by Democrat Sean Wilson. Global News twenty four hours a day, powered by more than twenty seven hundred journalists and analysts and more than one hundred twenty countries. I'm John Tucker and this is Bloomberg Karen Hry.
Speaker 2: John, thank you what we bring you news throughout the day right here on Bloomberg Radio. But now you can get the latest news on demand whenever you want it. Subscribed to Bloomberg News Now to get the latest headline so the click of a button, get informed on your schedule. You can listen and subscribe to Bloomberg News Now on the Bloomberg Business app, Bloomberg dot com plus Apple, Spotify, and anywhere else you get your podcasts. Time now for the Bloomberg Sports Update, and here's John stash Hour, John Karen.
Speaker 7: The Texas Rangers yet to lose in the postseason, six games, six victories, five of those on the road. They took Game one of the American League Championship Series in Houston two to nothing behind the pitching of Jordan Montgomery, who the Rangers acquired at the trade deadline from Saint Louis. He's been terrific since then. Pitched into the seventh inning the bullpen with two and two thirds of hitless relief. Theodie Taveres had a home run. Game two is this afternoon in Houston. Had a Game one of the NLCS tonight Arizona in Philadelphia, And speaking of Philly, the Eagles lost for the first time, upset by the Jets twenty to fourteen. It's the first time the Eagles have ever lost to the Jets. They had been twelve and zero against them. Jalen Hurts intercepted three times. The forty nine Ers were the NFL's other undefeated team, and they lost for the first time, held only two hundred and fifteen yards of offense by the Browns, who have the number one defense in the NFL. Cleveland won nineteen seventeen as the Niners. Rookie kicker Jake Moody missed a game winning forty one yard field goal at the end for the Patriots a little bit better after losing the last two games by a combined score of seventy two to three. Much closer in Las Vegas, but the Raiders won twenty one to seventeen. The Pats are now one in five. Washington won in Atlanta twenty four to sixteen. The Commanders intercepted Desmond Ritter three times. Both teams were three and three. Baltimore went to London beat Tennessee twenty four to sixteen. The game last night, Buffalo survived beat the Giants fourteen to nine. The Bills trailed six to nothing at the Hack. John Stansheaward Bloomberg.
Speaker 16: Sports from coast to coast, from New York to San Francisco, Boston to Washington, DC, nationwide on Sirius Exam, the Bloomberg business appened. Bloomberg dot Com.
Speaker 9: This is Bloomberg Daybreak.
Speaker 3: Good morning, I'm Nathan Hager. The war between Israel and Hamas appears to have entered something of a weight and see mode this morning. Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln is back in Israel after a flurry of diplomatic activity in Gulf Arab states over the weekend. President Biden is said to be considering a trip of his own as Israel urges hundreds of thousands of civilians remaining in northern Gaza to get out of harm's way. For the very latest, we are joined from Tel Aviv by Bloomberg's Israel Bureau chief Ethan Bronner. Ethan, good morning. Get us up to speed on so much of the diplomatic activity that has been happening since the weekend.
Speaker 11: Yes, Nathan, Well, I mean you summarized. Well, the Anthony Blinken is back.
Speaker 15: He just landed and is spending the afternoon with the Israelis. Tomorrow Olaf Schultz, Chancellor of Germany, is due here and it's very likely that President Biden will come on we so you know, this sort of parade of people coming to express support for Israel. But one has to imagine also to urge some kind of guardrails to their activity in Gaza for fear that this thing could get out of control regionally. And I know that the Americans have been urging the Israelis not to get not to be too aggressive in the north against Isbelah in order to prevent this from spreading. So it's a lot of stuff going on at once. There's an enormous, enormous termination and rage still in Israel, and I think it's not meeting entirely with the mood of the rest of the world. And we'll lot to see how that goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I wanted to ask how or whether this is tempered some of that anger you have described over recent days following the brutal attack by Hamas Saturday last have you seen any evidence that this diplomatic activity, so much of it happening so quickly, has altered the mood not just of Israeli leaders but of Israeli citizens after that attack.
Speaker 15: So I'm not seeing that, and that's why I think that we're we're headed for somewhere quite unclear.
Speaker 11: I'm seeing renewed.
Speaker 15: Determination in the Israeli sort of mindset, and there's a kind of a continuing focus on the massacres. More details, more tapes, more survivors being asked to speak to foreign visitors and foreign journalists in order to make the point that the Israelis feel is vital, which is that Saturday, October seventh began a new era in Israel's relationship with Hamas. It is now seen as Isis it needs to be eliminated, removed. There's no discussion the civilization versus Barbary, and I'm not sure that that is being reflected in the our world or abroad. I think the Americans are somewhat sympathetic to it, but my guess.
Speaker 11: Is that they're not. They're a little alone in seeing it that way.
Speaker 3: It's not just a focus on Israel and sort of tempering the emotions there, but there's also a focus on Iran and deterring them from potentially escalating this into a wider war. How has this diplomatic effort played a role in potentially preventing Iran from getting even further involved in this?
Speaker 15: Well, Lloyd Austin, the American sector of Defense was here. A lot of American officials, you know, been coming and going, and there are two US battle fleets with US carriers Gerald Ford and the Eisenhower in the Mediterranean, and the Americans are saying to the Israelis, be careful in the north, don't get too aggressive with his Bellah and if they attack.
Speaker 11: You, you know.
Speaker 15: Okay, I'm not sure exactly what they're promising, but they're certainly publicly saying our presence, our military presence is a specific signal to Iran which backs his Belah. So that's the broad nature of what the Americans are doing with regard to Iran.
Speaker 3: We have also seen skirmishes with Hasbelah to the north. Is that raising the risk of a wider war? How is Israel handling that?
Speaker 11: Yes it is, and Israel is sort of tit for tatting it for the moment they helicopter attacks on hospital as sites in southern Lebanon and fighting back and hitting a guy his blogai killing him. So yes, there's been a back and forth. But as I said a minute ago, the goal seems to be that the Americans are saying to them, you know, of course, defend yourself, but don't go wild up there because the risk. And the Iranians have been publicly saying of course these are all battles of messages and so forth too, But the rangers have said publicly that they you know that it will spread. Well, they're also saying it will spread at the Israelis go too hard into Gaza, so we'll have to see. You know.
Speaker 15: They've asked a million point one point one million people to leave the northern part of the Gaza strip for the south about half of that number seems to have gone. There is some water and humanitarian stuff apparently coming in.
Speaker 1: This is Bloomberg Daybreak Today, your morning brief on the stories making news from Wall Street to Washington and beyond.
Speaker 2: Look for us on your podcast feed at six am Eastern each morning, on Apple, Spotify, and anywhere else you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: You can also listen live each morning starting at five am Wall Street time on Bloomberg eleven three to zero in New York, Bloomberg ninety nine to one in Washington, Bloomberg one six to one in Boston, and Bloomberg nine sixty in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Our flagship New York State is also available on your Amazon Alexa devices. Just say Alexa play Bloomberg eleven thirty plus.
Speaker 1: Listen coast to coast on the Bloomberg Business app, serious XM Channel one nineteen, the iHeartRadio app, and on Bloomberg dot Com. I'm Nathan Hager and.
Speaker 2: I'm Karen Moscow. Join us again tomorrow morning for all the news you need to start your day, right here on Bloomberg Daybreak