Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, hello, it's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here in for Dan and the guys. And this hour is brought to you by tire rack dot Com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan, try the Tired Decision Guide and see the full line of Goodyear tires special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. So that's that's one way to start this show here on this Thursday morning.
Speaker 3: How are we everybody?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Bad news beardness travels. It travels from Tom apparently, so apparently, you know bad news bears had knows no limits or no boundaries. You know, it just shows up where it shows up.
Speaker 5: It was Lee's birthday a couple of days ago, and I think that extended into the next stuff forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just interesting that it's always the usual, like our voices are connected to it, our back ends connects like we're.
Speaker 3: The bad news. But what are you getting at? I mean, I just told.
Speaker 4: You and you gotta you can't.
Speaker 3: It can't be anything other than what you are. Are you saying we are the playing games Fox Sports?
Speaker 4: In my mind, I was sitting there like it's a great segue into playing games.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you know, I don't know. In the end, the Bad News Beers did end up winning, so there's that, you know, But god, dang, they was the bad News Beers all the way up to it. Yeah. Yeah, a lot of whiffs before then, a lot of strikeout shouts out to Dallas. They won something. Huh, they did some thing.
Speaker 5: Hey, they look good, man, I mean, I know people are maybe sleeping on them, but they look good. I could see them being sneakily kind of going on a little bit of a run.
Speaker 3: You think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the West, Yeah yeah, Anthony Davis can play. The problem is how for how long?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Look, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If he's healthy and Clay some of the other pieces they have on that team. Man, they've got some guys who've been able to navigate through the playoffs and have won championships before. Man, I'm telling you that could be a dangerous combination.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I doubt it that one. Ain't going that that's going to be a short lived you know. It's because it's short lived. Story is because it's Dallas. No, it's because the West is pretty loaded, man, and they're just not going to be able to run that one. I don't see it. I mean, it's possible, clearly, I'm not I'm not. I'm not an expert. So Q could come out being you know, correct on it. But I don't see it though. I just think that if you're going to look at one of the playing teams out of the West again, I'm I'm mistaking my I'm putting my ten toes down on the mountain, on the hill of the Golden State Warriors. That's That's what I'm gonna do out of the play in teams.
Speaker 6: But they would have to play each other for a while.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well, I don't see that being a hit to hit. I'm not saying that way. I'm just saying the team that I could see making a run out of the playing games would be Golden State.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to get excited about playing playing tournaments, and it just look to me the NBA playoffs, for the most part, we've had a couple of you know, lower seeded eight and seven teams that have that have beaten a one or a two seed a few times in the history of the postseason. It feels like the playoffs, outside of a four or five matchup and occasional six', three doesn't start until the second.
Speaker 3: ROUND i, mean these seven.
Speaker 2: Game series with your one eights and your two, Sevens it's, like, dude can we speed this up or at least make it more, intriguing make them a three game, series so at least if the lower seed gets, one you put everybody else on high alert that there could be an.
Speaker 3: Upset BUT i just.
Speaker 2: CAN'T i can't get excited about it until the second round for the most, part is what it.
Speaker 3: Is that's the way it. Goes so.
Speaker 2: Congratulations we'll find out what the final matchups are going to be after these next couple of games get, going and then we can all look forward, to you, know hopefully getting past his first round quick get to the second, round and then we can get to the teams that are actual title contenders as opposed to some of these playing.
Speaker 3: Teams but.
Speaker 2: There is the discussion that is still going, on but apparently it's coming to an. End in the world of. Sports nico has made a. Decision Not Nico, harrison all, right not. Him every Time i'm going to try this out, Again, NIKO i stop saying. It avaam has, apparently according to.
Speaker 3: The to rename. Him i'm leaving, you.
Speaker 4: And for some strange, REASON i could say that way easier than what the real way of.
Speaker 3: Saying he is reportedly is going to be A Ucla.
Speaker 2: Bruin and apparently this according To Colin, cowherd who sent this tweet out, yesterday that the family is still saying this.
Speaker 3: Is not about.
Speaker 2: Money it had nothing to do with. Money it was all about The Tennessee volunteers. Offense and so he finds himself reportedly In. Westwood he will be A Ucla. Bruin but again it's got nothing to do with money at all, whatsoever and definitely not the four million dollars that was reported they were asking for when he was making two million a change already With tennessee set for this upcoming, Year so.
Speaker 5: He's going to play for? Free is that what you're? Saying it's going to go there and be closer.
Speaker 1: To home and all.
Speaker 4: That it's not money just so everybody, knows ye playing for, free but he is playing for less money and the taxes are.
Speaker 3: Higher so there's. That, yeah it.
Speaker 5: Was it was a losing proposition all the way. Around not only would he made more money to your point too at the, taxes but now he's in a different, system not on a team that's as. TALENTED i, mean if you look At tennessee last, year which qualified for The College Football, playoff and by the, way mind, you and then this is not to be a slight On Niko, iamaliava but there's been a string of quarterbacks who have got, drafted who've been put up big numbers.
Speaker 6: There he did not play that.
Speaker 5: Well that was a defensive led, team that was a team that could tote the rock. TOO i would, say if you're looking at one of the weaker parts of their, team it was the inconsistency in the passing. Game so not only are there those kind of struggles from, that but now he goes to a lesser, team he's not getting paid as, much and he's gonna be playing having an uphill, battle playing in a conference where you, know at least they were one of the top teams in THE. Sec that's not the case FOR. Ucla you, know they kind of feel at times like they're a bit of a. Doormat now they turn things around second half of last, season but it's going to be an uphill battle in so many different ways for, him and it's. Unfortunate and whether or not his his, team whether it's his, family whether it's his, agent wants to admit. It this was an absolute disaster and it's probably a good thing for a lot of other players out there in college football that can hopefully appreciate the opportunities they've, gotten understand that the grass is not always, greener and try to you, know what's the saying that, levars you, know be where your feet are or stand where your fet a.
Speaker 4: Or whatever something to that. Effect, yeah be. Present being present is being where your feet. Are, yeah that's. YEAH i mean why try to be somewhere where you're not be at where your feet. At be at where your feet. At, see that's what happens when you take time, off you know WHAT i? Mean you get rusky with your delivery talking about how is? Smooth then they sound a little bit. Capta that's not a real.
Speaker 3: Thing all.
Speaker 4: Right, no All i'm gonna say Is i'm happy for Coach foster because while people may rain down on The Nico i'm leaving you, parade you, know on his, camp the kid can play, ball and people can have their opinions about him and how good and how well he can play, Ball but the guy can play Some he can play, football and he was dealing at times last year For tennessee and probably would have had another good, year good season under them this season if he were still to be. There, now you go into a program where they they have needed to be able to get a break in order to have the opportunity to get a player of his, caliber you, know wanting to come there and play a position of such the magnitude of what the quarterback's position. Is, so you, know opportunity created an or circumstance that's created an opportunity for u c L. A u c L a is not a major player in the NI l. Space you're not going to get u c L a for academic, purposes just as well as just available funding for NI l for. Football you're just not going to get elite level, offers elite level. Money in, fact even prior to N I L you're not going to get A you're you're only going to get a certain level of player because of the academic requirements that they place on the guys that they bring in. There so it's like kind of like guys go TO usc that don't go to u c L. A and if you understand like the politics of what goes on at u c L, a you'd understand like it's kind of like they run things almost like A Ivy league type level school. Academically SO i think it's a great gift For Deshaun. WATSON i don't, know fossil, student this Is. Deshaun, geez he's where AM i right? Now thank you for that save QU i think it's a great gift for Coach foster and damn.
Speaker 3: Keep him away from the towns.
Speaker 6: To worry.
Speaker 4: About, yeah it, does H BUT i think this is a great gift for u c L. A and if they were going to be a pretty good team going into this, SEASON i think you can actually, say based upon the circumstances that That Nico i'm leaving you is is living under. NOW i think they're gonna get his best version because he's going to be on you, know he's going to be on guard to everything that's taking. Place there's gonna be a lot of, criticism a lot of, scrutiny a lot of coverage that comes his way because what he did kind of transcends just playing the. Game it has open in the conversation two larger pieces of what's going on in college football and sports all. Together SO i think that it's a it's an advantageous opportunity For nico to try to redeem himself and maybe repair his image with what's taking place as of. Late and it's a great opportunity FOR ucla to be a better program with what would be considered to be a top elite type of quarterback on their on their. Roster and it's not going to cost him a whole. Lot, apparently, well they got. It they got him on the. Cheap they got it was like two hundred and fifty less or something like.
Speaker 3: That they got him on a discount. Level what was it like.
Speaker 5: Almost, well the number of the FIGURE i saw was one point seventy five and he was scheduled to make two point.
Speaker 6: Six so he's almost a million sure of what he would have.
Speaker 5: Made and that's not including to your earlier point. Taxes by the, Way nico was like maybe top ten in THE sec last, year like as far as yards and all. That, again going back to the, point you really didn't play overly, Well now he's joining in an offense IN ucla that was one hundred and twenty sixth in scoring last.
Speaker 6: Year there were one hundred and seventh in the country in sacks. Allowed so the protection AND i know that was like an.
Speaker 5: ISSUE i think that came up in some of these reports, too is, that, hey it's not AN nfl, Systems, like, well you knew that.
Speaker 6: On your way.
Speaker 5: In Joe milton got, Drafted Hendon hooker got. Drafted there's been other quarterbacks who've gone To tennessee and gotten. Drafted so it's not like that's held against those. Quarterbacks if that was your concern or that's part of the rationale for why you, Left you've gotten guys to THE nfl level and they've put up good. Stats and mind, you there's plenty of other quarterbacks that have played in systems that AREN'T nfl systems and have also gotten. Drafted so if that was part of the, rationale it doesn't make any. Sense and again going back to the initial. Point he hasn't even performed to a point where you felt confident about him to be able to go somewhere, else learn a new, system learn new, chemistry develop all those, things and now he's doing it with lesser pieces around him in a league that arguably you'd say they're at at the bottom of the league or one of the teams at the. Bottom SO i just FEEL i feel bad for the young man because at some point you've got to make your own decisions in, life and this is one WHERE i don't know who was in his, ear AND i know that someone made some anonymous report or someone close to the family WHATEVER i believe On Front Office, sports which if that's even, Credible but the truth of the matter is he should have stood up and, Said i'm, good like my payday is coming after this year WHEN i go to THE. Nfl and unfortunately now it's, like we'll see how this year. Goes but maybe he's a couple of years now from leaving and be able to go to get draft in THE. Nfl who knows how this whole thing's gonna.
Speaker 2: Shakeout so he's in a worse, situation and he took what like a seven hundred thousand dollars pay cut in less than a, week and now he's Got, yeah now he's just got to kind of it feels like with anything, new there's got to be something that's the example of what not to, do and he's the example of what not to. Do like he's the one that all right, now everybody kind of has an. Understanding AND i do wonder if there's probably coaches and programs that are that are pointing to, this going, hey, guys just so you, know like this is how things could turn really badly for. You you could go from AN sec quarterback and at a great program who was a playoff team a year ago.
Speaker 3: TO ucla like.
Speaker 4: That this is limited to such a small minute number of players for this to even apply. To this is not going to apply to anyone else but qbs at major major universities and. Receivers that's about. It that's about. It that's who this is limited. To you're not going to see it take place with anybody. Else you could be as gifted a football player on the defensive side of the, ball not going to. Happen you could be as gifted as you'd like to be on the offensive line it's not going to happen running, back same, thing tight, end forget about. It if you're quarterback at AN sec, school A big ten, school maybe in some instances AN acc, school you have the ability to possibly push the envelope on these types of. Conversations not saying that negotiations don't exist for the other.
Speaker 3: Positions it's just not the.
Speaker 4: Same AND i think one thing that we got to make sure we're clear on in this, scenario AND i was listening To kurt Herb street and what he had to say ABOUT nil With pat, McAfee AND i thought it was very very well put in thought, out is that this is turning into negotiations against schools and. Players in this, instance you're looking At nico getting into a a negotiation Between tennessee and himself when in, REALITY nil is in place for you to benefit with your, name your, image and your. Likeness that's that's getting money through your. Collective that's that's doing, appearances that's that's MAKING i, Mean i'm just saying that's that's what it.
Speaker 5: Was, well this is WHY i wouldn't include the collectives is part of. IT i think the collectives are part of the issue because the. Collectives by and, large how they've operated are groups of boosters who are essentially taking private money and being able, to you, know help compensate and create opportunities for players and that in that, fashion and they're doing it for the university because there wasn't pay for plash sure or pay to, play which the truth is is, like that's what it's always been since it's been, enacted and even before, that when teams and boosters are paying kids under the.
Speaker 6: Table it's all aways been paid to.
Speaker 5: Play, like if we want to take anil step, further what's always bothered me about it is if you're not, playing you're not getting. Paid so even if you want to try to, say, well, oh it's really about marketing, dollars, Right it's really about those opportunities to promote brands or do, commercials or do social media postings and do appearances and all. That does anyone care about you if you're not, playing if you're not out there, performing if you're not one of the best. Players, No, so in, essence it's always really been about getting paid because you. Play but we we created this world in which we had to create loopholes and other ways in which we could find ways of you, know getting players money that was within the rules of you know what was passed by The Supreme.
Speaker 6: Court i've said this and will always say. THIS nil has never been.
Speaker 5: Sustainable the way it was created and the way it's been implemented wasn't the initial. Purpose but the problem with the initial purposes you're kind of putting the cart before the. Horse it always should have been a rev. Share it always should have been THE tv money that these conferences and schools were getting were shared with those student athletes who are the ones actually earning. It and then you could have IMPLEMENTED nil and you could have, said these marketing dollars from name your apparel, company under, Armor, nike whoever it's, created or name, whatever a sports, dring whatever else it, is then that comes as part of, it because that's the professional. Model look at THE, nfl look at THE, nba look at all these other professional. Leagues you are paid by your, organization and then you have all that as kind of your ancillary income that comes off of.
Speaker 6: That but don't get it. Twisted it is about your ability to.
Speaker 5: Play and that's one of the reasons, why like it's it's always been backwards it's never made, sense and it's why it's been a little bit of a chaotic mess. Too is the essence of why we're compensating student athletes in the first. Place it's all about their. Performance it's all about their. Play, well if that's the, case then make it a structure that actually makes sense and it's. Lasting and you have examples of that at every professional.
Speaker 4: LEVEL i just, THINK i, mean it's. Funny, coincidentally we were going over Man man's you know situation just. Yesterday What man so like three contracts bro three contracts that you got to go, through three separate entities of contracts that you have to go through as it applies to these nil well not even just an, il but just the way the kids are. Compensated there's like three different agreements and and one is the, collective you, know another is this. Entity another is the school. Entity and it's interesting to, me like looking at how all of it is. Structured are you really suppor to point and aim your frustration or YOUR i guess what your demands, are what your expectations are to be compensated at the team, itself at the head, coach at at you, know At tennessee or wherever it is that you're. At because to, me again it comes back down to with these blurred lines of what this is all representation of what DOES nil really Represent because at the end of the, day if we're talking, apples if it's an apples the apples, conversation then you got to talk about compensating the. Player like you just, said you're paying based off of what you're generating at off of THE tv deals and stuff like. That there's no there's nothing that comes out, that like in a pro contract that talks about, name image and. Likeness you do that with The Players. Association you sign a group license and agreement with The Players. Association that's how you leverage your, name image and. Likeness it's a different entity. Altogether so the blurred lines that have been created AND i think that are exposed here in this situation in, particular there's no reason for them for him to have taken a hard line stance Like i'm not, Practicing i'm not coming unless y'all pay me more. Money, sure the collectives are in contact with the, university and the universities are in contact with the, collectives and this is a way for them to be able to compensate the, players but, ultimately if we're looking at it for the true essence of WHAT nil has created as it applies to, today right, now you're monetizing your the value of your, name your, image and your. Likeness so even if it's coming from a collective in the sense of we're able to pay them to be a part of our, team but you're going to do x amount of, Appearances you're going to do, signings you're going to do things that support what we're doing to build this. Program bottom line is is that there needs to be a separation and there needs to be an understanding of what the business of what you are as a player to the university and what you are as an entity and a. Brand all of it's all on its. Own as in a, name your, image and your, likeness there needs to be a very clear understanding and determination of or OR i guess not, determination but description of what each one of those. Represent BECAUSE i think this right, here this clearly shows that there is not a separation and and and there's how do you how do you read in between the lines of where the collectives and how you're getting compensated for your, name image and likeness runs and bleeds into who you are as an athlete and a student at the university that you're.
Speaker 5: At it's such the lion's, share by the, way will come from the revenue. Share that's where most of the kids will make the majority of the. Money, now if the collectives exist and they really feel like they want a high star kid or you, know a big performer that transfers or, something they might be able, to you, know come in there with some sort of whatever package and marketing or whatever else they want to. Do but the reality is it should be that they're getting compensated the most from their school based on the revenue. Share like that's the. Setup that's how this should work moving. Forward any other model is not really sustainable and it doesn't really make sense either when you're thinking about. It you, know is any other athlete getting paid more from their marketing deal as opposed to what they're making to actually play their?
Speaker 6: Sport?
Speaker 4: No Maybe Travis. Hunter Maybe Travis. Hunter, maybe well he, won't he won't once he's the number two. Overall pick, right, correct, right, right right. Correct, yeah it's it's, sad. MAN i think it's. Sad there's a lot a lot of moving parts to. It but, hey he found a place to go play and he's still going to get some some cash out of the. SITUATION i don't you know, which it's not about the, cash right Enjoy.
Speaker 3: Westwood there you.
Speaker 2: Go it is the M Patrick show here On Fox Sports. Radio two pros and a cup Of Joe, LaVar, Arrington Brady, Quinn Jonas knox in For dan and the guys coming up next here though apparently some mixed. Feelings we got some mixed feelings about a top prospect in the. Draft we'll get into that for you right here On Fox Sports.
Speaker 1: Radio Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio app SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 7: Live, Hey Steve covino And I'm Rich david and together We're covino And rich On Fox Sports.
Speaker 3: Radio you could catch us.
Speaker 7: Weekdays from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four pacific On Fox Sports radio and of course The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App why should you listen To covino And.
Speaker 7: Rich we talk about everything, life, sports, relationships what's going on in the. World we have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop, culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to. Discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work. TOGETHER i mean that says, something, Right so check us. Out we like to get you involved, Too take your phone, calls chop it.
Speaker 3: Up as they, Say.
Speaker 7: I'd, say the most interactive show On Fox Sports, radio maybe the most interactive show on Planetar be sure to check Out covino And rich live On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio app from five to seven Pm eastern two to Four, Pacific and if you miss any of the live, show just Search covin On rich wherever you get your, podcast and of course on social.
Speaker 3: Media That's covino And. Rich it's The Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: Show Here Fox Sports, Radio LaVar, Arrington Brady, Quinn Jonas knox with. You coming up a little over fifteen minutes from now somebody in the world of sports is having to apologize for brutal.
Speaker 3: Honesty we'll get into that for you.
Speaker 2: Again that's over fifteen minutes from now here on THE dp Show Man Albert breer is really asking for. It i'll tell You we're going to hear From Albert breer coming up later on in the. Show But Albert breer wrote this About Shador sanders, Quote i'm having a really hard time finding coaches or scouts who Believe sanders is a first round. Talent, this by the, way is separate from any issue anyone has with this. Personality those questions, exist but lots of teams have made exceptions in that department in the past to take on guys with special. Talents the problem seems to be that too many folks Think sanders.
Speaker 3: Lacks those type of.
Speaker 2: Gifts SO i mean he's next up on the diondor hit list because they will pinpoint this and they will go After Albert, breer especially if he comes out and he has a good rookie. Season SO i don't know if this means that he's going to slip past The New Orleans saints in the first.
Speaker 3: Round but here we.
Speaker 2: Go more doubt is crept in about the ability Of Shador. Sanders at this. POINT i can't even keep track of how many reports there are on draft prospects who entire career is to determined on which organization isn't such a disaster that it spoils their chance of being a good player in the.
Speaker 3: League Que i'll take. It H, Listen i'll say.
Speaker 4: THIS i Think Shador sanders is a, product And i'll say it's a byproduct because there's a ton of, positive but there's also enough negative where it impacts the way he's. Viewed it's probably impacting the way that he is being. Evaluated there's just a lot connected to the product of being the son Of Dion. Sanders AND i think that they have taken such fearless approaches to how they do things from the way they start it until, now and it's a take no prisoner's type of, approach like they don't care what people. Think they clearly feel as though that the criticisms are are you, know they're prepared for. It they're okay with, it they understand, it and it's not something that they feel like they're new to based upon what their father has experienced during his time and now, they're you, know it being their time the kids turn to have at. It but getting this close to the draft and having you, know the announcement that his jersey is going to be retired along With Travis hunter who won The, HEISMAN i just think that there continues to be maybe WHAT i would, say managing his brand and managing him as it applies to making him as attractive in this draft scenario as you possibly can has gone horribly, wrong and it could play out in a positive manner where he plays well wherever it is that he gets drafted. To it could play out where he gets an opportunity to actually go in and learn the system and learn how to be a pro without having all of the pressure of being a number, one number, two number three overall pick in the. Draft and he gets the final laugh on all of. This but the reality of it is is that this is nothing. New the scrutiny and the criticisms that are lobbed towards top prospects going into the, draft it's not, new and so for us to be here With Shador, SANDERS i think there's so much more that is being, considered even though even though the reports are being being focused in on the. FIELD i think it's a justification in people's minds to be able to Criticize Shador sanders and not make it sound like it's a personal attack towards him or a personal attack based off of how you feel about his. Father BUT i certainly think that that is what this is all, about because it's such a large it's such a large scale on where people fall On Shador sanders from being a top draft pick prospect talent to not being a top pick prospect. Talent and what's it based? Upon he has had his, Success he has done well with what his opportunities have. Been should the criticisms be as fierce and as intense as they are going Towards Shadoor? Sanders what has he really done that would warrant him to be looked at as a possibility of a problem other than showing his watch on his, wrists other than.
Speaker 3: Being very very perfect time.
Speaker 4: Doing his, music you, know whatever it may, be what have we Really shador doesn't get in trouble off the. Field we never heard of him getting in trouble off the. Field so if you're calling his character into you, know into question as it applies to how will he?
Speaker 3: FIT i think it's purely based off of.
Speaker 4: How you feel his persona comes across to, you and that in a way is personal if you ask, me this is turned personal Against Shador sanders and in the way that he's being.
Speaker 3: Reported on AND i don't think that that bringing that are you bringing?
Speaker 6: Back it is?
Speaker 4: Personal, uh IT'S i mean that's something that they made, it, RIGHT i mean that wasn't that What? Colorado, YEAH i MEAN i DON'T i think it was year. One.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah it's.
Speaker 4: Personal people have made it personal with The sanders, family AND i can't say it's NOT i hate to say, it but because they put the target on themselves with how they do, THINGS i can't say it's not warranted because that's just how media.
Speaker 6: Works, YEAH i, mean, here here's the.
Speaker 5: Reality you, Know Travis, hunter no one's gonna ever second, guess and him getting his number. Retired petro's brought up deon, figures and the more you look into, that you're kind of, like, oh, yeah miss that. One like if you were going to retire a number, two that's probably the one you'd want to do it, for given his career during his time At colorado and even the team's. Success so there is the harsh reality of that. Comparison now that's not gonna take away from the records that should do or broke as a quarterback and the way they've uplifted THE cu, program but the timing of it, two which you brought, Up.
Speaker 6: LeVar i mean there's other.
Speaker 5: Guys Rashaan salam again won The, heisman didn't get his retire till twenty.
Speaker 6: SEVENTEEN i mean he had to.
Speaker 5: Wait so, LOOK i mean my immediate response to that's probably, LIKE i don't, know you, know After Coach prime, leaves see you if they're ever gonna go back. There so it's, like, well you might as well audit them all though there you, know there's that element of, Things but there's also the thoughts too as far as and this is probably for another segment because we're up against, it but as far as the evaluation of him as a, prospect And i'll just be very open about.
Speaker 6: THIS i liked him as the best quarterback in this draft.
Speaker 5: Class AND i liked it BECAUSE i think his game translates to THE nfl level based on his, accuracy based ON i, think you, know athletically what he can. Do, now he's not as dynamic of an athlete as Cam ward and make some of those, plays doesn't have a strung of an, arm but he can still make all the throws and he can still do things and layer throws THAT i feel like is easily, comparable if, not you, know better in regards to decision making than even some of what Cam wore. Did so there's there's elements THAT i think in his game that can translate really. Well and maybe he hands up in a better situation because of where he gets. Drafted maybe that's part of the brilliance of what they're trying to do with. This BUT i will say this, TOO i don't think he's hiding who he. IS i, Mean i'll be real with. You there's a lot of guys WHO i met through the dry process that we're trying to hide who they. Were bad character, guys guys who honestly didn't really work that, hard and we're trying to put on this facade of that they were something until they got. Drafted then once they got, drafted they reverted right back to what they. WERE i don't think Anything Shador sanders has advertised about himself is not, genuine is not a window into who he, is And i'd much rather have that If i'm a team and taking On Shador, sanders then having him get there and all of a sudden you start seeing all this, Stuff you're, like, wait who is this?
Speaker 6: Guy so to me at.
Speaker 5: LEAST i appreciate the fact that he's been genuine about who he. Is he's not trying to hide.
Speaker 4: ANYTHING i just don't think that people should underestimate a locker, room the influence and the power of a locker. Room AND i don't care what your position. Is When Shador sanders walks into the locker room of the team that brings him, on there is going to be at least a handful of veterans that are going to have an impact and an influence on, him whether he likes it or. Not and that's a, real, like that's very. Real you're. NOW i Heard Cam newton talking about how he went into a loser mentality locker room when he got, drafted and those things had to change, eventually, this, that and the.
Speaker 3: Other but let me tell you.
Speaker 4: Something when you look at some of the veterans that are in some of these locker, rooms whether the team has a losing culture or, not they're. Not just because you have a losing culture doesn't mean that the players and the people in those.
Speaker 3: Locker rooms are.
Speaker 4: Losers there's a lot of other elements that go into and play a part of why a team suffers and why a team comes up short and doesn't. Win SO i just think that we're when people go too far off into making their judgments off of how will he integrate into the locker. Room this is not high, school this is not. College these are grown ass men that are all getting paid that some of them have. Families some of these, guys by the time they're almost, done their granddads like they're. Old SO i don't think people need to continue to act as though we need to handle people with baby gloves in terms of oh my, gosh like what will he be what will this personality be like when he gets into the locker? Rooms, like don't base your judgments off of the. Player if you think that a players too arrogant or to this or to. That there's been plenty of players that have arrogance about, them plenty of players that have exuded the confidence that That Shador sanders is putting out.
Speaker 3: There it's just how it's.
Speaker 4: Perceived abdul has told people the entire, Time i'm the number one, prospect. PERIOD i should know number. One i'm number.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 4: People, well people aren't losing their minds Over abdul declare that he's the best. Player But Shador sanders says that he's not a first round draft pick. Material we don't know if he's even going to go in the top. Ten we don't even know if he's going to go in the first. Round, like come, on is.
Speaker 6: It Mike, roch who had that, report seemed to tickle a little.
Speaker 2: Bit he.
Speaker 4: DID i, mean you, know this audience may not be up on game that you guys were. Playing they don't read packer blitz dot.
Speaker 3: Next, no no they.
Speaker 4: DON'T i think that's a pretty funny. One but this is a different. Audience so let's move on.
Speaker 3: Front you, know you're a little slow on the draw today or a. Partner why is? That i'm like four up on? You oh, oh, well because you're. Rested you, know.
Speaker 4: This audience may not know that you haven't been on camera or ON tv or on. Radio uh for the let the whole entire. Week so the shows to come in on the back, end you, KNOW q had to carry the load for.
Speaker 2: You you. Know coming up next here, though on The Dan Patrick, show we're going to tell you about somebody who's having to apologize for being brutally.
Speaker 3: Honest right here ON.
Speaker 1: Fsr be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App it's The Dan Patrick show here On Fox Sports. Radio.
Speaker 2: Damn coming up top of next Hour here a little over ten minutes from, now we are going to tell you about one team in THE nfl who's thrown out a bunch of different options in the. Draft we've got a lot of different options that are out there for, them all in, play very high up in THE Nfl. Draft that'll be yours here ON. FSR a reminder shortly after the, show the podcast will be going. Up if you've missed any of today's, show be sure to check out the pod Search Dan patrick or Two pros wherever you get your. Podcast be sure to also follow Rate orton review the podcast they get to Search Dan patrick or Two pros wherever you get your. Podcast you'll see today show posted right after we get off the, air and for that we turn it over to our executive, Producer lea Lap good.
Speaker 8: More than, Everybody, good more Than, Jonas good, Morning, LeVar good Morning, brady. Guys in case you missed, this a story out of the world Of, Tennis british tennis Player Harriet dart was hurt on courtside microphones talking.
Speaker 3: Some bs on her.
Speaker 8: Opponent she talked to the umpire and asked the umpire to please tell the opponent to wear deodorant because she.
Speaker 3: Smells can you tell her to where the? Owneran she smells really? Bad is what she had to.
Speaker 8: Say she ended up losing to her, Opponent Lois, boyson and it issued apology afterwards On, instagram SAYING i want to apologize for WHAT i said on the court. Today it was a heat of the moment comment THAT i truly. Regret that's not HOW i want to carry, myself AND i take full. RESPONSIBILITY i have a lot of respect For lois and how she competed. Today i'll learn from what from this moving. FORWARD i, mean you have to issue out that type of.
Speaker 4: You got to issue out that type of a statement due to somebody's personal had you clearly it's.
Speaker 3: True. Bruh this world is losing, it.
Speaker 2: Bruh how often do you tell somebody they smell and it wasn't? True like why would why would you say it if it wasn't?
Speaker 4: True if you are that funky where you got where you gotta say it's disrespectful to the match. Itself you. Stink i'm not apologizing for. You that could have gave you a competitive. Edge that's supposed to be a gentleman and a gentle woman's is a mutually respectful.
Speaker 3: Deal why do you smell like?
Speaker 1: That wash your?
Speaker 3: Ass how about? That how about you take me into consideration. Here you're Maybe lois.
Speaker 4: Needs to be apologizing for putting you in a position to have to apologize because people.
Speaker 3: So got the Sensitive there are some people just don't wash your funky. Ass there are people who prefer just not to wear, deodorant which is one of the weirdest Things i've ever. Heard, well they say it because it's a health. Risk you know it Causes they, say, what.
Speaker 2: You got?
Speaker 3: Options there's aluminum pre, deodorant like there's.
Speaker 4: Options, well you got options to be able to play around people and be around people as.
Speaker 3: Well if you choose to be funky and.
Speaker 4: Somebody isn't really up for it and want to wants to be a part of, it you got to be ready to have those conversations.
Speaker 3: Too that's. Fine it's fine if you don't want to use it for health, purposes that's. Great but if your lack of.
Speaker 4: Saying if your lack of smell is impacting me and my personal my, health and that's an.
Speaker 3: ISSUE i have a. Rule if you smell electric chair.
Speaker 4: Dang if you, smell you must go to jail a trial in anything
Speaker 3: You smelly ass guilty