Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Invisi Line, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison.
Speaker 3: Hello, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 4: I wish I was saying Merry Christmas, but still.
Speaker 5: Happy Holidays here on Girls Dog Boys Talk, presented by Invisi Line. Here in the SWBC studio, I'm Nicole Hudgson alongside Asia Morrison and Jazz Money Ladies.
Speaker 4: How was a Christmas?
Speaker 6: Was good?
Speaker 7: E Wasy's crazy games switching between NBA and NFL.
Speaker 8: I didn't even switch.
Speaker 9: His time was well, I had a NFL on, but I barely watched it, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I was focused on things, but it was.
Speaker 3: A good thing.
Speaker 10: He's more focused on the NBA stuff.
Speaker 9: No, I wasn't watching the NBA at all. It was It was weird because normally I'm like sports obsessed on Christmas, and yesterday I was like, no, I'm gonna like call loved ones and clean the house and love that. Yeah, different vibes.
Speaker 10: On the Texans game too, But then.
Speaker 8: I was rough to watch it. It's not for halftime.
Speaker 3: Halftime was good.
Speaker 6: Come on, by'all, get it. Get it was great.
Speaker 7: It was a good performance. Yes, great, it was a great performance. You know, you can't you can't downplay anything.
Speaker 5: She you know who else has had a great performance this year, am, But he unfortunately a season has come to an end. Obviously he's been dealing with the shoulder injury. But he had more examinations than tests today. Uh So, the Cowboys pr did announce that he will be out for the remainder of the season. He will undergo treatment and rehabilitation for a shoulder, but he will not be required to get surgery, so that's a good thing. But obviously still praying that Ceedee Lamb does recover well. Just thoughts on the news currently.
Speaker 7: Y'all know that meme with with a childish gambino dmo Donald Glover, No.
Speaker 6: Well, and he has the microphone. I think he's doing a stand up and he's like, I'm gonna try to find it on.
Speaker 8: I'm familiar with the meme, but.
Speaker 6: But you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: What the clip is?
Speaker 6: It where's it from.
Speaker 9: I don't know, I'm not it sounds like something that might have happened in ATL. But the overhall messages received, I do think that this is the best option for CD at this point.
Speaker 8: Of course, you hate to see it happen to him.
Speaker 9: You hate to hear that apparently his injury has progressed according to the way that the situation.
Speaker 6: Sorry, but I have to cut you up.
Speaker 5: I did find it all right.
Speaker 8: Bet Oh no, No, that's pre ATL.
Speaker 9: I don't know what that probably is from the stand up what you got, But you hate to hear that apparently the injury has progressed because watching him go in the game so often these past few weeks, that's what you're afraid of. So while that's bad news, it is good news that he doesn't have to have surgery. He has had a heck of a year, and him pushing through this injury has gotten a lot of people to realize that he is a tough player, that he does have some leadership ability, which is good because I feel like a lot of Cowboys Nation has waysted several seasons in a row just disliking this man for what I don't think of very good reason. But and it's like, Okay, it took an injury for people to get it, but they're finally getting it that, you know, Ceedee Lamb is an incredible asset to the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: So all that stuff is good.
Speaker 9: But I'm glad that they caught it before something terrible happened, that he's shutting it down for the season, and that all it's going to take is apparently an off season for him to be back to one hundred.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree, it was.
Speaker 7: I even tweeted out during the game like, whereas I thought it was admirable, I know a lot of people will commenting at me like, oh, you know what, it's a ac joint and it can't get worse.
Speaker 6: Yes, you can't, and it can't get this and this and that.
Speaker 7: I understand that there's like some details in that as far as like the limitations and stuff like that, but you just the amount of pain he like, pain is not good period, and the amount of.
Speaker 6: Pain that he was in playing through is not healthy.
Speaker 7: It's not even healthy to how your brain functions and how your brain decipher's pain. So I was just I'm okay with them shutting shutting him down, and also gives the guys that you know, we maybe haven't gotten a great look at we got two games division rivals of Jonathan Mingo, You're gonna get a chance maybe to look at uh Ryan Floroy. Just get some of these guys some snaps and see what they got as well. You only got two games left, man, so you got to make the best of it at this point.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 5: And with just the whole situation of just having two games left, you're not going to the playoffs, why even put him out there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's your future future.
Speaker 10: But ceede Lamb.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've talked about it before, the fact that he's just such a competitor naturally, so it says a lot about him, like you kind of mentioned about his competitive spirit, but again, like you don't want to risk anything worse happening to him.
Speaker 4: So certainly glad that they shut that down.
Speaker 5: Well, what does this mean for Cooper Rush, Because it's kind of like what you mentioned about Michael Parsons, now that he's on a contract year and if they don't bring it back, you'll know what you got till it's gone.
Speaker 9: It's more interesting for Cooper Rush just because even though Cooper Rush didn't target CD as much as people thought he should. CD at least did demand enough attention to where other targets had were either open or not you know, double covered or anything like that. So what we might see now is that there are some other receivers that Cooper Rush used to be able to depend.
Speaker 8: On that are now getting more attention from the defense.
Speaker 9: It could make things kind of interesting from that aspect to see how that impacts his decision making it's time to throw someone and so forth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that it started a little bit last week, if you want to be honest. Obviously, CD had that drive where he was just dominant. He had spots in that game in the first half in particular, where he you know, just was unguardable.
Speaker 6: They didn't really have anyone that can handle him.
Speaker 7: However, we did see Cooper Brush spread the ball around tremendously. You know, he got the ball to Jake Ferguson, he got the ball to Brandon Cooks, Ryan Floyd had to catch. I mean, I think I don't know if I think yeah, like, but you a lot of receivers touched the touch the ball last week. I think you continue that trend of spreading the ball around, not giving guys Like, clearly, teams are gonna know if CD Lamb's not out there, they're gonna be able to They're gonna the other guys are gonna have to earn it this last couple of games, depending on how seriously these teams take these two games. Yeah, like they're they're gonna have to earn the respect of the guys across from them. So for me, continue to spread the ball around, be multiple, and don't give people an opportunity to, you know, get a beat on what you're trying to do.
Speaker 4: Who do you feel like has orre you about to see something?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Oh, I was about to ask you a question, Okay, go ahead ahead.
Speaker 9: I was just curious if y'all thought, like, okay, if you Eagles defense and you know, Ceedee Lamb not gonna be out there. So do do you stack the box more and try to stop Rego Downald from having a game? Do you put more attention on Brandon Cooks or Cavante Turpin? Like what do you turn to in this offense? You don't I feel like I was no, no.
Speaker 5: I was, I was gonna kind of say it brings that like element of surprise does it kind of a little bit just because Ceedee Lamb does demand so much attention to where you don't know.
Speaker 11: Of course, you've seen good things from Jayalen Tolbert, You've seen good things obviously from Brandon Cooks, Cavante turping with his speed, But you really don't know what you have until you're constantly having to find that connection with other guys or seeing them get a little bit more opportunities.
Speaker 3: So that's what I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 7: They gonna play what's the whole over there be the most.
Speaker 6: Big fan y'all gonna play them straight up.
Speaker 7: As a matter of fact, he might be more aggressive because what I'm gonna look like, what does it look like is they play the base, which is for them. I mean they play cover one, Cover two they do. They're gonna play split safety. They're gonna make you work for it. They're gonna make you be methodical down the field. I think that it doesn't change. It does change.
Speaker 6: To y'all's point, it changes, like, Okay, who's their safety? Is it not blanket?
Speaker 10: It's the blanken ship. Reblanken ship might.
Speaker 6: Be a little bit more aware of what's going on on.
Speaker 7: Ceedee Lamb's side of the field, or whatever the case may be, you take that away.
Speaker 6: He like, I'm just playing my part.
Speaker 7: I'm just I mean, like I said, the guys are gonna have to earn the respect of those guys because, yeah, because CD's not gonna ced warrants you bracketing him. None of the guys that are out there, with respect to every single one of them, warrant a double team at this point.
Speaker 10: So you just play straight up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know, I don't. You don't think he's at all.
Speaker 7: This is one of the best covers teams in the NFL. They can play straight up man. They play straight up man. They're gonna throw different fronts at you. Their front seven can get home there. I don't think that it changes much of what they're gonna do towards you. They're just gonna make you earn everything, which is what they were already gonna do in the first place, because that's kind of what a vic van Dio's defense is like.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I don't think it's gonna change whole bunch, but I.
Speaker 7: Do think that it's easier for them, which sucks because it does because they have an account for him moving in and out of the slot and some of the stuff he does. I mean, he took over points in that game and no one could defend him.
Speaker 10: So it's it's limiting.
Speaker 7: But like I said, I do think if they stay multiple that might keep keep them on their toes, keep them on there, keep keep Philly's defense on their toes.
Speaker 6: In some way, maybe you can win that fight.
Speaker 4: So who has more pressure do you feel?
Speaker 5: Because I was gonna ask this question about the secondary, but I want to say, I want to ask who has the most to prove offensively in the receiver room, in the cowboys room for.
Speaker 9: The cowboys, who has the most to prove? That's that's an interesting question because having something to prove relates to not only abilities, but also expectations. So there are some people who I don't think we've seen their full ability, But I also don't hear a lot when it terms when it comes to what people expect from them. So my natural instinct would be to say Jalen Tolbert, just because I think he's got more in his tank in terms of what he can do that he hasn't shown us. But like the general population doesn't seem to really talk about him. Much when they talk about people they expect to step up, I think people will probably want to see Cavante Turpin use more when it comes to the most creative plays we've seen from the Cowboys offense, especially when it comes to like wildcat formation and stuff like that. We've seen Cavantae Turpin use in some interesting ways, whether it's just things we didn't expect Mike McCarthy to call, or things we were like, I didn't know Kavante Turpin could do that, right, Yeah, So my brain instantly goes to those two, not that they haven't been doing enough, but just when I think of where there's room for guys in the receiver room to do more, that's who I think of.
Speaker 6: M That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Turpin actually had no receiving what's it called, uh.
Speaker 6: Catches last game. Yeah, I think he had the one out of the backfield.
Speaker 10: No, did he have anything at the backfield? No, he had no catch quiet.
Speaker 9: He actually he actually hasn't had a lot of catches in general. It's just that when he does have impactful and that's why I'm like, yeah, I would like to see him be used more.
Speaker 5: But when he is used, well, that's because also, I mean, this was still the time we was this week ten when they last played Philly, they were still kind of figuring things out offensively, and that was Cooper rush first start.
Speaker 3: Still, so it's kind of like.
Speaker 5: You gotta look at it a little differently and so to speak, just because there are different points of the season. In my bad, I did not mean to cut you off.
Speaker 10: No, you didn't get me off.
Speaker 6: I was waiting. I thought she was gonna give us.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, my bad. H I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: Who has the most to prove. I think I'm gonna stick with No.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna go Tober because I feel like he's been called upon in big games and big moments. I feel like he's proved himself however he could. Obviously there's still room to grow and still more to show. But that rhyme, but no, dang, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: We've seen Cavante Turpin. I feel like everybody has a lot to prove in that receiver room.
Speaker 8: I mean, but Mingo like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he hasn't been targeted that much, so it's kind of like that connection still hasn't built.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: Jalen Brooks Okay, that's gonna go Jalen Brooks and Ryan Flinoy. We saw a little bit of Flinoy last week, but I feel like once the opportunities come, you'll see a little bit more from him.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna go Ryan Flinoy.
Speaker 6: Yeah for now, that's fair.
Speaker 10: I mean late round pick. Yeah, there might be some coaching changes.
Speaker 6: We never know what happens.
Speaker 7: Like guy's got to show their self valuable, which sucks, but it's the truth.
Speaker 6: For me, I think it's Jayalen Tobert.
Speaker 10: I was very high on Jalen.
Speaker 7: Tober coming out the draft. I don't think he hasn't proved himself. What what what I think he's done. I think he's proved that he is a capable wide receiver in this NFL, which is what we were waiting on. Now I'm trying to see if he's gonna be able to the CD lamb out. Can you be a wide receiver two at the very at the very least, can you be a steady, reliable because when you look across the NFL, like some of the best receiver combos, they have a one on the two, and that two is valuable because that two's gonna make you pay if that one is bracketed. So you want to see is the Cowboys are clearly looking That's why they brought in Mingo.
Speaker 6: They are looking for a number two.
Speaker 7: That's why they brought in Brandon Cooks. They are looking for someone to pair with him with CD Lamb. And when you look at Tober's draft profile, there were similarities in the player, the concentration, how they're adjusted to the ball, the attitude, all those things. We're still like, I think James Tober's made some clutch grabs and key spots, and we've seen his improvement. Is he a number wide receiver two? Or do we need to see Mingo have more snaps? Or do we need to go.
Speaker 6: Draft a wide receiver?
Speaker 10: Or do you like you need someone to pair with CD Lamb? And I think.
Speaker 7: Whatever Tobert is able to to show you here soon is going to be important going into the next.
Speaker 6: Part of the year because we're three.
Speaker 7: Years in now and we need to know are you, you know, gonna be someone that people honor.
Speaker 6: I can tell you what Philly's gonna do.
Speaker 10: They're gonna press, They're gonna try to make these guys get off of press.
Speaker 7: This is a big game for Jayalen Tober to show that he can get off of press, that he can accelerate past the defender.
Speaker 6: And I'm just looking for that. So for me, it's gonna be Jayleen Sober.
Speaker 10: So with go ahead.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I got so many questions.
Speaker 9: I'm just wondering because, like we're talking about who's gonna be the wide receiver too, right, considering everything that's happened this season with Dak being out and just Brandon Cooks being out for a while, do we think that these guys actually know.
Speaker 8: What's expected of a wide receiver too?
Speaker 9: Like has there been enough consistency in the offense and then the play calling like for them to know, like, Oh, if I want to be considered a wide receiver too, this is what I need to do.
Speaker 10: I think, Oh, what were something?
Speaker 6: I get what she asks me?
Speaker 8: Ask again, like basically with all that, you.
Speaker 4: Feel like they do?
Speaker 9: I think that they know because sometimes Mike mccarthiel says stuff like that, and my friend's question is like, do they do they know that you're thinking this? Like when he said about Ricodoudele and he was like, well, the next thing rig Go Daddle needs to do is is step his game up and becoming every down back And I'm like, is he just choosing not to do that or does he not know.
Speaker 4: It's involved with Yeah, no, see what you're saying.
Speaker 9: And the reason why I ask is because, like y'all have been athletes before, I think we all are familiar with the with the experience of like sometimes you just don't know until you know, Like sometimes you think you understand something, but it's not until you've been, like really been put in a situation where you have to face it where it's like, oh, I actually have to train harder than I thought. I actually have to watch more film than I thought. Oh I actually have to go harder than I thought I did. And it's not until you get to that point where you thought, Okay, I thought that was my limit, but actually there's more and I do need to do more.
Speaker 7: YEA, yeah, yeah, I mean to answer your question, multiple guys in that room have been a wide receiver too, so they know what it's called for.
Speaker 6: Ceedee Lamb, he's a receiver two. To Amari Cooper, he know what it calls for. A lot of time, wide.
Speaker 7: Receiver twos are number ones in weight or they're guys that think that they're number ones, but they're not number ones yet, and really as far as what they're being asked to do, I mean, if this guy's getting bracketed, it's no different than in basketball, right if there's a double team, somebody's open.
Speaker 10: You're the guy.
Speaker 6: You're the guy.
Speaker 7: You're supposed to be the guy that people still have to honor, or you make people pay for bracketing the other guy.
Speaker 10: Whide receiver twos black.
Speaker 7: On the outside, they do other things they drive guys out of, like they pull guys out of plays like wide receiver twos are to me just as valuable. I don't think that there's a difference in value. I think it's a difference in the role and just their role. I guess you want to say, but Brandon Cooks has been a wide receiver too in multiple places, and we talked about the mentorship that he gives to these guys. I believe, yes, I believe that they know what the job is. I agree with you that the job probably does get more complicated, giving the rotation of injuries and all the different stuff.
Speaker 10: I understand that your offensive line being.
Speaker 7: Injured and guys getting hurt, your quarterback being injured, that might change your play calling, that might affect the place that you are able to what I agree.
Speaker 9: More than anything, inconsistency kind of changed how people were looking at themselves and what was expected of them to where they just I think sometimes it's easier to step up into those roles when there's more consistency, and when there's not consistency, I think there's just no more questions.
Speaker 10: Does that makes sense, especially for someone like.
Speaker 7: Tober who's looking for where he fits and he's like, well, dang, like I don't know where I fit now, then you you're right. Factor in the fact that Brandon Cooks got injured, I thought that there was an opportunity for him to take over that wide receiver two roll and again, just like we were talking about the tight ends, it's been open. Ain't nobody stepped up and taking it? So love them to death, but come on with it, boss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well all right, its gonna be interesting to see how that plays out on Sunday noon kickoff Bye oh yeah, I D flex datay flexxdiyok Central time.
Speaker 12: Remember that.
Speaker 5: All right, we're gonna take our first break here on Girls Cowboys Doc Present Invite of his line.
Speaker 13: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yettie dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top tier engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, does culture used by Dallas Cowboys, player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 12: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at gay time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in Visiligne, the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, visit invisiligne dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off.
Speaker 3: Cowboys fans.
Speaker 14: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges.
Speaker 3: Ryan is the largest firm in the.
Speaker 14: World dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team, we have tax professionals, has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: The Dallas Cowboys on the legacy of Bob Lilly through the Bob Lilly Award presented by Ryan, awarded to the current Cowboy who demonstrates the highest level of achievement, sportsmanship, dedication, and leadership. Cast your vote now and help choose the player who best embodies the qualities that made Bob Lilly one of the greatest Cowboys of all time. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com, slash Bob Lily and cast your vote today.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, cast your vote.
Speaker 5: Welcome back in to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by in visit Line here.
Speaker 4: In the SABC studio, right Talk receivers. Now, we got to switch gear because.
Speaker 5: I still want to talk about the Cowboys defense facing this Eagles offense, and.
Speaker 3: They've been hit with some injuries too. As of late.
Speaker 5: You got Jalen Hurts right as of now. The current update is that he's still out with a concussion. Kenny Pickett out for an injury with the ribs into his ribs. So now the cow the Eagles have signed I Book, former Saints quarterback drafted in twenty twenty one in the fourth round, spent some time with Philly, but they also claimed him. They claimed him off waivers in twenty twenty two. He was eventually let go of his job and.
Speaker 4: Brought back today thoughts on Ian Book.
Speaker 8: I think if Nickiani don't have no thoughts, we should expect it.
Speaker 6: To stop.
Speaker 7: That and Book is just is just an emergency, and we're gonna get a lot of kidney picket at least it's gonna be entertaining say that. No, I mean, obviously, concussions are serious. You don't want to see a guy go down with a concussion. Jalen has been dealing with it for the week. It sounds like it's kind of late in the week and he's still not practicing it typically is a sign as far as that. So I do expect for Kenny Pickett to get to start, just me assuming.
Speaker 10: If that's the case.
Speaker 7: Philly's office is already really like mix safe. So I mean, I don't expect for them doing a whole bunch of changing.
Speaker 8: They might not.
Speaker 9: I think the one thing that they might change that it seems like it would be move them to change considering how that last game ended for them. Maybe a little bit less his own read, but outside of that, like, yeah, probably not as much.
Speaker 7: I mean, Kenny got some type of like long legs, but he don't be doing he be doing.
Speaker 9: And I don't know if like having this week knowing you're you're probably going to take that spot and then technically you don't like they he might not know. Once again, so many questions, what are the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Standing right now? They can clinch a spot they beat the Cowboys, or if they lose to the Cowboys, they have to be Atlanta.
Speaker 7: Okay, because I just wonder if you're at this point, like how safe they they need they need they need to win, they need to be Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, Tater Tights, Well we don't see them. We're gonna see them come out and run that ball.
Speaker 10: You understand me.
Speaker 7: They do that a lot, heavy play action with them as well, just and all those things are gonna help Kenny Pickett. Watch him a little bit during this time with the Steelers, very inconsistent, has crazy arm talent, but just couldn't I just felt like he couldn't get settled there. Like I just I never saw everything match for him. So Philly's offense has a way of really settling quarterbacks, really.
Speaker 10: Calming them and how they play.
Speaker 7: And I felt like the little bit of time he got to play last week, even so he was like, Okay, he seems under control.
Speaker 9: You think that even with how they've looked this season, because there's even been a lot of criticism of Jalen Hurts and how he's been looking at the position.
Speaker 6: He didn't look under control. Their offense is under control.
Speaker 7: With that run game that they have, with the ability like to run the football, how they're able to sister, I need not running the running, yes, but you're talking about their ability to pass.
Speaker 10: You're talking about their their passing offense. I mean, it's the killing more offense.
Speaker 9: Right, But I guess I guess My thing is is like the things that Jalen Hurts struggled with are the things that Kenny Pickett is going to have to rely on. Kenny Pickett is not gonna be able to basically split running duties with Saquon Barkley. Right, Like Saquon and Jalen Hurts, if I'm correct, are that have the most yards out of any quarterback and running back duo in the league right now. That's not a trend that's going to continue with Kenny Pickett. So it's like, while there might not be a lot of changes in terms of the game plan, what does that mean for the expectations If you have the same. If you have the same plan for Jalen Hurts that you have for Kenny Pickett, and you know Kenny Pickett is not Jalen Hurts in terms of what he can do with his legs, then I just I just feel like that could lead to some issues for the offense.
Speaker 5: Not agreed some I agree that they makes it easier for the Cowboys defense not worry about a quarterback who has the mobility like Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 8: Which is where the commander's capitalized.
Speaker 10: Hell yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 7: I as far as like the run action and things like that, obviously they do rely heavily on their play action. I maybe they just put more of those duties, like some of those carries that they're giving Jalen Hurts in those games, to just give to Saquan. I do agree with you that if they're not going to be using their RPO and things like that, then they probably gonna toss the ball around a little bit more hitches, crossers, lots of freaking crossers, slants, holy killing.
Speaker 8: I think that would actually like work to their advantage.
Speaker 10: I think just to the to the to Phillies.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if they were to do what you're saying, I guess what I'm thinking about is the fact that I listened to Kellen More today and he was basically like, no, we're gonna go to the same game plan.
Speaker 7: I'm like, cool, which is in theory, In theory it might work because like, very similar to Philly, very similar to the forty nine ers. How we look at their situation, their system quote unquote, Philly is like that as well. It's like, I'm not gonna sit up like you can plug and play anybody.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna disrespect what they do there.
Speaker 7: However, it is set up for your quarterback not to fail well if they do, sister, So.
Speaker 4: Okay, how different.
Speaker 5: If not, it's fine, But how different or not different does his offense look with Kenny Pickett at quarterback to Jalen Hurts? What is what does Kenny do well that Jalen does not?
Speaker 8: That's a good question.
Speaker 10: What does he do well?
Speaker 5: Does Kenny Pickett do well that Jalen Hurts does not?
Speaker 7: I would just go off the strength of I just think that I think there arm talents just a tab it better.
Speaker 6: Don't think the accuracy. I think the accuracy is about this same.
Speaker 7: Okay, But but I think his ability to deliver the ball from different spots is a little better in that regard.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 6: I don't have no nothing else.
Speaker 9: Is no arm talent though, good enough for them to rely on that because like like you said, they do use play action a lot, but they always have that threat and the zone read because Jalen Hurts can can just pick up the ball and keep it whenever he decides to. Pretty much that that's not something that Kenny Pickett should do. Like he could he can't do it, but that's not something that he should do when it comes to what he's good at what he's not. So it's like they might want to lean even more on that play action. So it's like, yeah, that arm strength may work to their advantage or will the lack of accuracy like cause.
Speaker 8: Even more issues with him relying on his arm?
Speaker 6: Low Key, Kellen might be break dancing, stop it.
Speaker 7: He might be excited. We know this person with respect. We've been around him for we was here with him for a little second. He liked to pass that ball. Yeah, I ain't trying to be messy with nothing. But obviously there's been several reports, several.
Speaker 10: Things this year about.
Speaker 7: Jalen hurts and what the team teammates think about his passing ability and if Kenny Pickett is willing to toss that ball around and lacks mobility, we could see them come out. I know, we think they're going to run the ball and rely on that, but might.
Speaker 9: Be like.
Speaker 8: If he's able, if he got the RM but not the accuracy.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 8: I don't think he's right now.
Speaker 10: No, you're right, but they might. They might believe in it. So we'll see.
Speaker 6: It is like a kind of like a toss up.
Speaker 7: Like I would think that they want to be safe, run the ball, get out of their healthy, as healthy as possible going into the playoffs, whatever, But they might be like, can he toss that thing around the yard?
Speaker 6: Boss? They might?
Speaker 8: And so what does that mean?
Speaker 6: I mean they had a barrier last week.
Speaker 7: I mean I think this passing offense that they're about to go up against, if I'm not mistaken, God, he is out?
Speaker 10: Yeah, got her? Nope, he's still in there.
Speaker 6: They don't have him on here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think he's on I R.
Speaker 6: I think I think he's on IR sor right.
Speaker 3: We're about to double check right now.
Speaker 6: That's why we have no it's.
Speaker 8: I can look up, got it.
Speaker 6: I think he's been out for a minute.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Here we go, Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 6: He is not here.
Speaker 4: I'm screaming there man, But it's fine.
Speaker 3: Let me keep double checking, keep going.
Speaker 7: See if he's on, See if he's on anyway, Cows get a little bit of a break there. Uh if he is not playing the way that they use Dallas Goddard when he is healthy, with the tight end screens, the traps like a little ways he's able to squeeze and and help out their passing offense is interesting.
Speaker 6: He's on our a few weeks ago, track and track and track and tracking.
Speaker 10: So I mean showing up.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, it's Fine's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 7: You said, how is that gonna affect the Cowboys. I think that the Cowboys passing defense took a step.
Speaker 10: Forward last week.
Speaker 7: I felt like we definitely got to find out what's going on with and make sure.
Speaker 10: He was good.
Speaker 7: I thought that he was steady in that game before he was he got injured. They're gonna have to have that same approach with this team. They do have the ability to out physical you.
Speaker 5: That's where it comes down to the safety though. I mean, you guys got guys like Donovan Wilson who took the step up as far as like passing defense. So when you have help like that, it certainly brings an extra confidence to that secondary for sure. All Right, how do you slow down sick one Buckley?
Speaker 9: I mean, I think they'll be able to focus on him a bit more if Jalen Hurts is not in the game as a big is once again so many questions. So how do you slow him down? I think just but I I was thinking back to the last time we had this conversation, and I think that was my answer too.
Speaker 8: It was you can't.
Speaker 9: You gotta focus on other things, especially considering the fact that they're using him as a receiving threat now. I think the last time the Cowboys played the Eagles that they were just kind of starting to experiment with that, and now he seems to have gotten comfortable in that role. So, especially when you consider all of the roles that he can take on that offense, running the ball, receiving the ball, pass pro we might not be able to slow him down. It might be a situation where he's slowed down just intrinsically because of what's going on with the offense. Like let's say Jalen Hurts is not back, Yes, then it might that might affect his yardage just because and all the Cowboys just need to do is have a sound run defense and not necessarily focus on him. And I think that's probably the best that they should hope for at this point.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 9: Even in the last game, it's like, you look at what happened with Saquon Barkley towards the end of the game. It didn't really feel like all of a sudden, the Commanders just got good. It felt like, oh, Jalen Hurts isn't gonna be in the game, so we know who to look for on rundowns, we know who to do. It was like less for them to worry about, and so they were able to be a little bit more impactful just because of the circumstances.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, as far as the r PO thing, I think you're right. As far as the Cowboys being able to.
Speaker 6: Focus my bad, my bad, focus.
Speaker 10: More on Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 7: When I took a look at them this morning, I was looking at their offensive line how their offensive line operates. Like I said before, you do miss Adallas Goddard specifically for some of the things that they do, bringing him behind the formation and trapping. They use him in a lot of and by trap, I mean like you just kind of wall off people.
Speaker 6: I can't draw it visually like Christy does.
Speaker 7: But you do miss some of his blocking Lane Johnson. This offensive line for them is very strong. If you want to find a weak point, it might be the center Jurgons, but I don't think that he is a weak point. They hold each other to together pretty well. However, when they're trying to run over the left side, Lane Johnson is.
Speaker 6: Age gets everybody.
Speaker 7: And I'm not saying he still looks phenomenal. He still looks phenomenal. He drives me nuts nuts with being able to snap being off the snap the way that he'd be being off the snap.
Speaker 10: But it's legal.
Speaker 6: Everybody say it's legal. I'm not gonna fuss.
Speaker 7: About it, but yeah, him getting out in space hasn't been as efficient on that right side as it was before, so maybe Dallas can attack there. I really am curious to see how Dallas deals with Saquana's receiver. As you mentioned Jazz because we've talked about it for several weeks. That's given them some issues. I thought they defended that better last week. He is somebody that can really hurt you in the open field coming out the backfield. Sometimes they use him in a dang slot like what's happening here? So I'm really curious to see if Donovan Wilson is someone that you know is going to be involved in that run defense side of things.
Speaker 6: You can't have light boxes against these people. They're gonna literally torture you on the ground.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think sacking the box is absolutely the thing to do, especially if Hurts is not in the game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like I agree with you, I think, and I guess very early we're gonna find out if they look at stacking the boxes disrespect to Canny picket, because they might start tossing that thing like you are. Because of the situation, you are gonna.
Speaker 6: Have to wait for information.
Speaker 7: So this game might not really start coming to fruition until maybe midway through the first start of the second where it's like, oh, okay, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 9: One thing we know though, is that Zimmer is willing to adjust. Yeah, I agree and he was very open about that in this press conference. So at least if they do have to wait on information, you know, they'll get it and the defense can do the right thing once they do get that information. Might end up being another good game for Marislufou. You know, it might be a few people who have to come in to play to account for what the Eagles might throw at the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you talk about using Saquon as a receiving threat, though they haven't had.
Speaker 4: To use him too much as of late.
Speaker 5: I think he only had like nine catches in the past six games.
Speaker 4: So but that's obviously because he's such a.
Speaker 5: Thread on the ground, they really didn't necessarily need to so it kind of that's my more so I question, do you feel.
Speaker 4: Like the Cowboys, Well, do you see that the Eagles.
Speaker 5: Will possibly use him a little bit more when they know that the Cowboys have had struggles with running backs that are using the passing.
Speaker 7: Game, possibly as a late possibly, I mean, especially like we said, to take some stress off of Candy Pickett. I mean, they have so many weapons in their disposal. John Dotson, AJ Brown, DeVante Smith, I mean they might look at what the Cowboys were able to do this past week as a secondary in field, maybe a little threatened by that, or they might call your blood Like it's a difficult.
Speaker 10: Thing when you don't know if a team.
Speaker 7: Is starting their quarterback because to your point earlier, it really does alter like what they typically look like the way you gain plan against them.
Speaker 6: I wonder what the Cowboys are thinking right now. They're probably going back to Steelers tape to look at Candy Pickett.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and to your point, it's like, although he's only had so many catches, it's him being used as a threat that's throwing off the defense because it's like he'll have one catch, but he'll like go out as a receiver like run a route, yeah, like maybe fifteen twenty times in the game and only get targeted a couple of times, only get one catch. So that's the thing, Like, even beyond the catches, it's like, what kind of looks are the Cowboys gonna get? So while I'm not sure how often he'll get targeted to your point, in terms of actually you know, like catching the ball against the Cowboys defense and the secondary you having to worry about him or anything like that, But in terms of Kellen Moore just being like, Okay, let me just set this up to make them have to think a little bit harder about what's what's gonna happen. I think that's something that might happen. That's something that they've started doing a little bit more often. But I mean if they if they are in a place where the cowboys are just like, Okay, we're just gonna stack the box and test can you Piickett's accuracy? Then yeah, absolutely, I feel like we're gonna see a few more actual targets to barklay.
Speaker 10: And then my blitz a little.
Speaker 7: You think that Zimmer might bring the house more, you think you might, I mean try to pressure him early.
Speaker 9: Pick its lack of mobility, like why not, like not only lack of mobility, but even with it being that he's still working on chemistry with their top targets. Like he said himself that there were some things late in the game where Jalen Hurts and aj Brown or DeVante had had an understanding that he didn't have, and that was something they ended up having to talk about after the game. So it's like, if those things aren't one hundred percent ironed out, then you know, whatever you can do to fluster him, to impact the communication, to really test his ability to stay calm under pressure as a backup quarterback might work to your advantage.
Speaker 6: Oh lord, we want to see next to.
Speaker 7: Absolutely you know, you go act the food, you see you see, you see that he got into it with zach Ertz.
Speaker 6: Grow up, grow up.
Speaker 8: And then they asked him.
Speaker 9: They were like, they were like, why did you feel the need to apologize?
Speaker 8: And you was like, I don't want to talk about that.
Speaker 9: Wow, So so you will like brace up against somebody in public. But when people are like, well, so you apologize, I don't want to talk about I'm.
Speaker 6: Tired of him.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you if something it pains me to say this.
Speaker 6: This is a really good football team.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Philly is a very good team with with Vic Fangio has done with that defense. They have so many young players and he's gotten them to come together and play the way that they play together.
Speaker 6: And then also two on the offensive side of the ball.
Speaker 7: You look at the film, you see improvements in kelling Moore. I was very I'm very critical of killing Moore. We dealt with him for a long time. But when you look at some of the things that he's doing. You even mentioned the fact that you know with sa Kwan, just the threat of him motioning, him doing those things. It just you see maturity in his play calling, and I'll give it to him.
Speaker 9: I'd actually been wondering if Saquan's presence had been kind of making Kellen Moore look better huh than he would have looked without.
Speaker 3: I know, we gotta go.
Speaker 5: We're gonna take our second break here, Girls Talkboys Talk presented by visit Line for your back.
Speaker 12: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at gay time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in Visi Line, the number one doctor recommended clear a liner brand. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, visit in visiligne dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off.
Speaker 3: Cowboys fans.
Speaker 14: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest challenges.
Speaker 3: Ryan is the largest firm in.
Speaker 14: The world dedicated exclusively to business taxes.
Speaker 3: Our team of tax professionals has local.
Speaker 14: Expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot Com. Check it out today. Yeti, official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Discover Aiden, the official luggage partner of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders known for topcheer engineering and craftsmanship. Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 9: Golf Winging by Tyler the Creator in collaboration with the Dallas Cowboys is now available at select pro shops and online. Score unique apparel and accessories at a pro shop near you or log onto shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 8: A fanatics experience.
Speaker 6: Okay, Tyler the Creator coordinate awe.
Speaker 8: He is indeed a creator of music of fashion.
Speaker 10: You like Tyler the Creator? You like Tyler Creator.
Speaker 9: Other jazzy uz just kidding.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I thought I thought maybe she did. Okay, Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that that's cool.
Speaker 9: Interesting and I was watching. Now y'all know we are not the same person.
Speaker 10: I'm screaming, y'all.
Speaker 5: I want to just say this, and I'm going to keep repeating this because I feel like it's necessary for the people to know Rico Dawdell is ninety seven yards away from a thousand yards on the season if he rushing yards.
Speaker 4: If he eclips this mark on Sunday, he'll be the first undrafted player to reach a thousand rushing yards in Cowboys history.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to keep saying it all week long because we're gonna hope accomplishment.
Speaker 8: I want him to get I think he'll get it.
Speaker 10: I think he can get it.
Speaker 6: I hope this week.
Speaker 10: Huh hmm.
Speaker 5: Let me.
Speaker 8: Basically one hundred yard game from this week. I think.
Speaker 9: I feel like I said this about another game where I was like he could. That actually might have been last week when I was like he could because I knew what they might bring in terms of run defense, and they definitely brought it right. He was dealing with a lot and they adjusted, though it didn't really do a lot for him in terms of yards, but they did adjust and he ended up seeing a little bit more success, and I think people expected so I would say, if they continue building on that and actually have a plan in place, and I'm not saying that they didn't, it just felt like they didn't.
Speaker 8: This past week.
Speaker 9: It felt like, you know, him going out to the outside and to the edges. More was kind of like a Okay, I thought I could say between the tackles, and now I know that I can't, So we're just gonna try something else. And so I think if they actually planned for that this week, we once again we could. I'm not saying it's likely or that it will happen, but I don't think it's so out of the realm of possibility that we should just write it off.
Speaker 7: That's real. I'm glad that you said that, because they were stumping him last week.
Speaker 6: That's what it was.
Speaker 7: Getting to the second level was very differ cool like they they the times that he did, he probably wish he hadn't.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys was hitting they were too.
Speaker 7: Yes, uh, the Buccaneers were as well, and Lavonte David was like, y'all forgot about me.
Speaker 6: I still play linebacker here.
Speaker 2: But no.
Speaker 10: I mean the Phillies defense.
Speaker 6: One thing that stands out to me. Obviously they got.
Speaker 7: Those hams on the interior, Milton, I think Jalen Carter Davis. They have so many guys up at the front, but those linebackers not Cooper degen uh, Nikobe Dean and a Zach bond to me have become one of my favorite linebacker tandems in the NFL. They're so fun the way they fly to the ball. In the Philly secondary as well, Darius Slay is getting an injection of youth with Queen Yon Mitchell.
Speaker 10: And Cooper Dejen out there.
Speaker 7: Very physical, rangey guys like these guys in the secondary can cover, but they also are not afraid to come downhill and tackle. This is gonna be a test for the Cowboys offense line. Well, I'm sure we'll get I don't know if you have any more information yet, but I saw that Austin Richard's practice window, his twenty one day practice window opened. We'll see if he's gonna get some rotation at left tackle this week or whatever the.
Speaker 6: Case is many be.
Speaker 10: But yeah, this is this is this.
Speaker 7: This is an offensive line, well, defensive line rather than can get upfield and get up field, but they also very disciplined.
Speaker 6: They're very disciplesed.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I think Rico can do it. He's gonna have to work for pretty much every yard he gets. This offensive line is gonna have to really pop off the ball.
Speaker 8: We're gonna be another test for him.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, We're gonna dive more into that tomorrow. But we have to finish today's episode with an edition.
Speaker 10: If we listen and we don't judge.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay, secondary edition, secondary edition.
Speaker 4: Okay, it can be Cowboys or Eagles.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, Okay, we're listening.
Speaker 4: We don't judge.
Speaker 3: Go first, I call not it.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, are we gonna say it? We just give. We don't judge.
Speaker 9: I saw Andrew Booth at practice today, focusing on some very specific things. I think he's gonna have. He's gonna have a couple of standout plays.
Speaker 6: Okay, second, okay, okay, we don't judge.
Speaker 10: Listen.
Speaker 6: I love the Dallas Secondary down by babe.
Speaker 7: If I can have me some cool Gene and Queen Mitchell. Que Mitchell is the best corner and last just draft, just amazing player. I might give somebody away for back of potato chips for que Mitchell.
Speaker 6: We listen and we don't judge.
Speaker 5: Which way I'm gonna say Darron Blane gonna have another interception today.
Speaker 6: I mean say.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have an interception on Sunday.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 6: Were listening, we don't judge, and we don't judge.
Speaker 3: We don't judge. We don't do it.
Speaker 10: Y'all can judge me.
Speaker 6: I don't care, I don't.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'll judge me here.
Speaker 6: Some of these people can get pushed out of it.
Speaker 10: Full clean.
Speaker 3: The door. She's gonna use it in this few.
Speaker 4: All right, we know we all are because it's time to go.
Speaker 8: It's been fun.
Speaker 5: Girls Are Boys Talk presented by visit Line for i Asia Morrison Jazz Monday.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna quite just said.
Speaker 6: We'll be back here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club