Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KSR pre Show. Today is Tuesday, April twenty ninth. I'm Billy Rutlodge along with Shannon the Dude. Give us a call in the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. That's eight five nine two eight oho two two eight seven or Texas at five O two two six five six six five six is always. The KSR pre Show is brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington on Main Street in the city Center. It is Tuesday of Derby Week and a tradition unlike any other. Shannon the Dude shared the video of Ryan Lemon getting slammed to the ground in the Derby infield many years ago. Good morning, Shannon, How are.
Speaker 2: You, buddy Hey doing well?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You can find that on Twitter at Shannon the Dude. I'm just sitting here, you know, as a new horse owner of simply jokeing. I'm just sitting here thinking out loud to myself. I said self, which part of the horse would you like to own? I don't know if you get to pick out like a specific body part, like could I take the hoof or the heart? Know this, this this horse is all hard. I'm getting to know the horse. It's a beautiful horse, and she's gonna win the Oaks and looking forward to collecting some money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that Matt surprising you guys yesterday with shares of the Oaks horse, simply joking, who, by the way, is a pretty damn good horse. I mean, in three starts, had won twice, got second place another time. Mm hmm, has about ten to one odds and the Oaks and Shannon. It sounds like, just like AMC Stock, you're gonna maybe even double up some money here with a gift from Matt's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't own a losing horse. I mean, look the owners. I think you know here, the ones who really are behind the success of this horse. And you're gonna see it when it finishes first in the Oaks coming up on Friday. It's gonna be really exciting. I can't wait to get into the winter circle. Might even get up there and ride the horse.
Speaker 1: Oh you're getting up there on the horse.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm an owner. I can do whatever I want to the horse.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I understand why Matt didn't gift me any shares of the horse. You know I don't want to compromise in my integrity.
Speaker 2: We would give you the pimple on the rear end of the horse, that's what you would get it.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to be reporting on the Oaks and the Derby. I can't have un in the game. I understand I got to be unbiased, and I completely understand why I didn't get the gift. So let me give you some facts about your horse and kind of what's going on. Shannon as the journalist of the group here. The jockey that will be riding, simply joking, Florent Durew has won the Oaks twice, So a jockey that knows what he's doing in this race. And your horse is known as a bit of a pace setter. Shannon's that's right, win in wire to wire in the race that it got second. It died at the very end despite leading the entire race. I guess the one concern is it is not run a race as long as the Oaks.
Speaker 2: So's all right to save your best foot. We've been practicing. We've had Ryan up there being the jockey. You know, he's all he's probably fits the weight limit. Now we've seen that picture of him, he's slimmed down. He's short enough to be a jockey. So I think we could put Ryan out there as the jockey in and have him win. Simply joking.
Speaker 1: You take a close look at that photo, Shannon. You can see some blurred lines, and that is a hilltale sign that maybe somebody came in with a little photo shop afterwards. Not that our guy Ryan Lemon isn't looking good every single day, but that photo had my jaw on the ground. I'm sure like many other of you, but I'm looking forward to watch it. Along with simply joking, this is this is exciting a little three year old Philly Chan's getting into the horse game with owning the main or maybe one hair on the main, spotted Oaks.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. I'll cash in on that one hair on the main. You know, I don't really know, in all seriousness much about horse racing at all, but this is a way to get me, you know, interested in it now and now all of a sudden I care a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, companies have done this for a while where you can buy these micro shares and you can act like an owner. Now does that mean if you act like an owner.
Speaker 2: I've got a Well, I'm gonna have a certificate soon. I hope that says I am. I'm not acting like an owner for a day. I'm an owner.
Speaker 1: Like, so, like, do you just BArch down into the Winter Circle if you're at Oaks.
Speaker 2: Yes, everybody get out of the way. Owner here, owner coming through step aside, and everybody here comes to the owner.
Speaker 1: But what if it's like five thousand people that have a little share of this horrse?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, but I'm the most important owner. Okay, just remember that, like you know, you guys are minority owners.
Speaker 1: Is that Shannon the dude in his Pittsburgh Pirates hat? Yes, Shannon come on down at the Winter Circle simply joking. Has done it again. Oh that's I can't wait for that. Speaking of Derby Week, note, one thing we do know about is drinking and Shannon. People have taken pictures of what it cost to buy a mint julip at the Kentucky Derby this year. Do you want to give me a guess?
Speaker 2: Well, I could play you and get it exactly right, but I'll tell you the truth. Tom Leech told me during the Leech Report how much it is so I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you, caring to Tom twenty two dollars, is that right? That's correct, twenty two dollars from Julup, which is the most disgusting alcoholic drink on the planet. You'd have to be sick to drink one. And that's why it actually was a medicine before it was an alcoholic drink. Did you realize that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, Julip was originally created as a medicine for anybody with an upset stomach. For me, it gives me the opposite effect. If I have a perfectly fine stomach, then I drink the mint and julup and I have an upset stomach because it's disgusting. It's who drinks a mint julup and likes it.
Speaker 1: I mean they were really just throwing stuff on the wall back then, sharing thought that medicine. Oh, I mean, like you've seen the old ingredients of a Coca Cola back in the day. I mean, now you got people drinking mint jewlups trying to get rid of their their sickness, and that probably makes you more sick.
Speaker 2: That's what I said. You'd have to be sick to drink one. I mean, if you're paying twenty two dollars for that, I mean, at least give me some straight bourbon, you know, for twenty two dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Woodford Reserve Spire is also twenty two dollars. The Oaks Lily is twenty two dollars. Now, if you want a premium cocktail, it's going to cost you nineteen. Just a white claw is fourteen, a premium beer fourteen, a domestic beer thirteen, and a bottle of water five dollars.
Speaker 2: How much for some of that silk velvet whiskey? They got any out there?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, Shannon, but I doubt it. I doubt it.
Speaker 2: With the bourbon though, you don't mix it in, you know, you don't get straight, you don't mix it in with a mint julib.
Speaker 1: A bourbon you want to enjoy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you more about it later on. We're not going to get into it right now.
Speaker 1: But good well, let me tell you about something that happened to me yesterday, Shannon. While we're talking. We'll talk Kentucky a little bit later in the day. All but a bunch of guys in the newest Transfer Portal class were on campus this weekend, and we got some pictures from that. And I want to talk a little bit about the CBS Sports Classic that you guys were discussing yesterday. But yesterday, Shannon, I went out to the Rodney Clark Memorial golf tournament. I got the invitation from our sales girl, Rachel Fight, so I made it out there yesterday when I got burnt, Shannon, I got burnt to a Chris. Maybe it's hard to tell on the webcam, but my arms are looking like mister Crabs from SpongeBob. Shannon. They got burnt yesterday, and I'm feeling it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I've got a little alo that I'm trying to rub on right now. But I did not lather up. Are you somebody that when you go down to PCB you get a little writ?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to put the sunscreen on. And I talked about Ryan's crazy ability to go out there and sit on the beach for six hours and never get burnt. I wish I could do that. I definitely get burnt if I don't have some sunscreen on.
Speaker 1: So I go, what is like, how is what's the science behind that? I don't know. I do not know that Old man he's just been in Indiana for so long, grew up on a on the farm outside. He just doesn't get burnt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't explain the logic. I just know what I saw, and I saw him set out there for hours on hours and hours on end, never got burnt, never put any sunscreen on. And me, on the other hand, if I miss I missed one little spot on my back. You know, when you're trying to put the sunscreen on, you try to get every little inch.
Speaker 1: Not easy.
Speaker 2: But I had one like square, one red square on my back and it's because I couldn't get to that spot. And Ryan didn't do a very good job of putting the suntand lotion on my back and he missed a spot. So now I had a burnt square.
Speaker 1: Hey, look the other way. The boys are just lathering each other up with sunscreen. There's nothing wrong with that. You got to get each other's back.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I went on a trip to the beach one time and I about ruined the entire trip because I burnt the top of my feet. I didn't put sunscreen on the top, and I mean, those puppies got burnt. But you know, it's it's kind of different. There's people out there that'll go out there and not get burned at all, and then some people that can last about ten minutes before are getting red. So I've got a little alo. We're just trying to do our best to come back to normal. While I was out at the golf tournament, I saw Rick and Brent from Clark's Pumping Shop. Ah, I got to ask them, Shannon, you know, I mean, what is it? What do you guys get when somebody wins a one hundred and seventy million powerball ticket? Right?
Speaker 2: Did you see the number it's been reported it is?
Speaker 1: What was it reported as?
Speaker 2: Thirty seven thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They were so close to a fifty is what they told that.
Speaker 2: It feels low to me, though, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Will definitely low compared to what you guys were saying on the show yesterday, like three million dollars. Talk about skipping around a payday for giving out a powerball ticket of that much money. But thirty seven k for I guess the win store when they get a powerball ticket.
Speaker 2: It's still not bad, you know. I mean, you're gonna be printing off tickets regardless, you don't know if they win but I feel like, though, if you got it from that store, maybe you should get a little more than thirty seven thousand dollars. Let me ask you this, Billy, Sure, if you're the guy who won what was his name again? Something farthing regardless, let's just say you. Let's just say you won. Are you gonna go back and tip the convenience store that you won that lottery ticket from. Are you gonna say give me my money and just take the money and run?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Kind of depends on my plan of attack, right, because in the state of Kentucky, I cannot be anonymous, so I've got to report my name. I maybe come back and give a tip, maybe act like a big shot a little bit with someb security guards around me. But if I'm in a state where I don't have to report, shan you're not seeing me again, Like you're never gonna know I won, You'll strangely think, why is Billy taking so long of a vacation, Like is he ever gonna come back? I think that it depends on the plan of attack. But in Kentucky, Shannon, Yeah, I'm putting some shady rais on. I'm coming back to that Clark's pumping shop and maybe even paying for people's gas, you know what I mean. That's why lottery winners lose all their money.
Speaker 2: I'll try they give it away to everybody. That would be the worst thing about winning the lottery is well, I guess number one, you'd have to watch your back because I'd be paranoid thinking that somebody's gonna try to murder me and take my money. Secondly, it would be everybody just begging you for money. You know, everybody's gonna know. I mean, once you have a name, we already know. You can find an address, you can find a phone number, you can find there's a lot of information out there on Google, believe it or not. And I would say that everybody would be hitting you up for money after you win the lottery. So it's, you know, as great as it would be. There'd probably be a lot of a lot of headaches, But you know, I think that the headaches would probably be worth it though, to have that kind of money.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Man, for the rest of your life, I think you probably start to question how genuine people are with you, right, I mean, somebody that's mega rich and famous tries to date people, you know, what I mean. And I think they probably have a hard time deciphering whether that person actually loves them or if they love their money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, let's say, you know, you're seventy five years old and you got a torn year old girlfriend. Like I'm not gonna name any names here, but you know, does she like you for the money? You know, she's you know, interrupting your interviews on the morning shows that you're doing. I mean, maybe it's true love, Bill Belichick.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's just got a taste of power, Shannon, and now she's running practices on the field and cutting off interviews. Okay, let's talk about Bill Belichick and that in the interview he did with CBS Sunday Morning, because it's bizarre. It's an insane eight minutes. But TMZ came out with an article yesterday talking about some more details behind the scene about Jordan Hudson, and it was an impossible interview. She would say that for several questions, Shannon, not just the one about how they met. She stormed off the set and expected Bill to follow her. At one point. It caused a delay of over thirty minutes. And Shannon, this just sounds like a complete disaster. I mean, this was already a story with a lot of question marks, but can you believe how this interview went over the weekend.
Speaker 2: It's so bizarre, man like, on a lot of different levels. The Bill Belichick what's her name, Jordan what Hudson? Jordan Hudson saga that's been going on now for several months. But she has this control over him. And look, man, God bless Bill Belichick at his age able to get a girlfriend. That's what a third of his age? You know, he could be her granddad. And she is just controlling everything that he does. And how about the fact that he shows up on national TV with a big hole in his shirt, not a little hole like somebody took a butcher knife and you know, tore a hole into somebody's shirt. He's got this big hole, his nipples hanging out, and here he has on live TV and the interview keeps getting interrupted by his twenty four year old girlfriend. She didn't like I guess one of the questions when the interviewer asked how they met. I don't know why that matter. Now you're making it even more awkward than suspicious. When you throw a tizzy, you know, throw a fit like she's been doing the whole thing man from top to bottom. Is just strange, and that interview took it to another level of bizarre.
Speaker 1: And I can somewhat see Bill Belichick coming into an interview with holes like that. That's Bill, But like some of these things that are happening, Like, let's cut the crap for a second, Shannon, you're seventy three years old. You got a twenty four year old girlfriend. I'm doing whatever she says, right.
Speaker 2: Like I she's got control over you.
Speaker 1: I think so. Yeah, But like to a degree, do you think like Bill is ruining his legacy a little bit? Because like, this guy is known as a football coach, like he's he's always been weird with the media, but this is a leader of men and arguably one of the best to ever do it. And like he's going on national television and she's running the interview.
Speaker 2: Well, it kind of reminds me of you and your fiance. I mean I always call you Beta Billy. I think we got another Beta Bill, Beta Bill Belichick.
Speaker 1: Beta Bill.
Speaker 2: Oh just lets her do whatever she wants and he has no control. I mean, look, at some point, you got to put your foot down and go no, Like, you know, you can have a say so in the relationship, but when you're trying to do an interview with the national televised uh you know, uh station. Yeah, you can't have your twenty four year old girlfriend, Stepan And she was in an even interview excuse me interrupting the interview during football questions? Yes, I mean, like, what does she know about football compared to Bill Belichick? Why is she interrupting him during that?
Speaker 1: Well, like everybody's got to see her on emails to Bill Belichick about football North Carolina. Now, the folks at North Carolina are now concerned about Hudson's influence on Belichick's tenure at the head football coach too. Well, yeah, yeah, you seed, so.
Speaker 2: He's thinking with the wrong head Bill, What are you doing the.
Speaker 1: Bell for you there? Sha, This is just bizarre. I don't know where it's going to go next. But you know, Bill hasn't coached in college. I don't you know if ever, he's been such an assistant in the NFL for a long time and a head coach. Now he's gonna deal with nil packages and recruiting and I don't know, maybe you've gained a little respect from that age group because you have a twenty four year old girlfriend. But that interview I think is gonna go down is about as memorable as Cal and Mitch before the split not too long ago.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are saying they've, you know, sort of lost respect for Bill Belichick. I'll say I've gained respect for good for you, bro, Like I'm not mad at it at all. I mean, put yourself in that situation. You're you're old, you're lonely, and then here comes a twenty four year old beautiful woman that wants to be quote unquote your girlfriend. Are you gonna be mad about that?
Speaker 1: I'm trying not to screw up my relationship either. And me and Bill Belichick go walk into a movie theater and I guess it sounds like our significant others are asking people to move out of seats.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, Beta Bill, Beta Bill.
Speaker 1: On PMZ and CBS Sunday Morning, Just an Amazing Story eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven text us at five O two two six five sixty six five six. I got an interesting job offer, Shannon. I want to talk to Oh, you get a job offer? Are you leaving me?
Speaker 2: Job off. Are you leaving the pre show? What's happening?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I can't leave the pre show. Come on, I do want to discuss it with you a little bit. And then there's a there's been a discussion that has taken the internet by storm. This is the perfect form to discuss it, so we might as well get into it a little bit. You might have seen it online. We'll talk about that in many more things next on the ksrpre show. Yes Derby week here in Louisville, Kentucky, in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Wild Horses one of the few horse songs I know, Shannon, You've probably exhausted most of them after two days.
Speaker 2: Probably, So yeah, you know this one from Rolling Stones and speaking of old men doing well with younger women. Mick Jaggers he's eighty one. His girlfriend is thirty seven. So I was doing some figuring during the break, Billy. I was doing some arithmetic, and I had it up the combined ages of Bill Belichick and Mick Jagger, and I added up the combined ages of their girlfriends. All right, So Mick Jagger and Bill Belichick combined are one hundred and fifty four years old. Their girlfriends combine for the age of sixty one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if you combined Belichick's girlfriend's age and Mick Jagger's girlfriend's age, they would still be twenty years younger than Mick Jagger himself alone.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Just a little perspective, folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't hate the player here.
Speaker 2: I'm not hating. No, I'm applauding you. Hear me, I'm topping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sharing the dude. You've gained his approval A five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. Give us a call today. We got I think there's four NBA games on today. We had a good one against the Rockets and Warriors. Last night the Calves and Heats was not a good one. I don't know what happened in that one. Maybe the Heat quit after ty Hero said we're not down four to zero. It looked like they quit in the halfway through that game. But the Cavs move on, the Warriors get a big win, and Draymond Green is the most annoying player in the NBA. Shannite. I know if you watched any of it yesterday, dude's like kicking guys again, he's got his got his legs on somebody's shoulder as they're trying to stand up and stuff. And they didn't even give him a technical for that. So it was a little undelievable last night from Draymon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he's he's a big baby. There's a few of those in the league, you know, just the way it goes. Sure, there's three or four games tonight, and as you said, three of those though can be closed out. There's I guess three to one leads for three of those four games tonight.
Speaker 1: And you can bet all of them on DraftKings, right you can.
Speaker 2: But right now on DraftKings, it's all about Derby Week. It's Derby Week. It's here, and who will rise above the rest to be crowning king of the track? He can find out on the DK horse App, the number one downloaded horse betting app. Head to the DK horse App and opt in. Bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the derby. If your pick crosses the finish line, first listen to this billy, You're gonna win a share of a one million dollars prize pool.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So download the DK horse App, use the promo code KSR horse that's called KSR horse on the DK horse app bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the derby for your shot a piece of one million dollars only on draft games, the crown is yours. Gat Ony problem call one ted hundred gambler eighteen plus twenty one plus in certain states to open, own or access an advance deposit wagering account and resident of state where DK horse is available. Eligibility restrictions apply, void where prohibited. Opt in and place a five dollars or more straight bet to win the derby. First eligible bet only must win to share one million dollars cash reward via claim to click. The claim expires in thirty days ends May third. See terms at dkhrse dot com. Slash bet, slash offers, slash details.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a lot, slash offer slash.
Speaker 2: Did you get all that? That disclaimer is about five minutes long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it didn't roll off the tongue as much as the last one.
Speaker 2: No it does not. They screw it up. See I get it where I can memorize it. Then they switch it up on me, and I got to go back and read it slowly to not screw it up.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we'll talk more about the derby as the week goes on. Journalism the runaway favorite right now, but the return of Bob Bafford is also another storyline as well. He's got two horses in the race. Shannon, I said that I got offered a job.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to get your thoughts on this. The local minor league baseball team, the Lexington Legends, have asked me to do a couple of games of on field announcing. So not the now batting number three Jordan Hudson, it's then Tilly down in one twenty one. I'm here with John. John's gonna play the match game. Oh yeah, John, Yeah, So what do you think?
Speaker 2: I feel like you got it. Yes, yes, you should do it one hundred percent. First of all, good good on you getting offered that job. But yeah, that would be fun, Like you only have to do it, like I think, what maybe two or three four times?
Speaker 1: The entires like a rotating like they're trying to celebrate a bunch of seasons, and so they're getting some celebrity guests. I think Ryan might be doing a game.
Speaker 2: So also, it won't be all season long. It's just a game.
Speaker 1: It's only for like three, four or five games. I get a few free tickets if I do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, do that. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, as long as we don't get Drew Franklin on the match game on the dumboat trying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not not as strong, so you got.
Speaker 1: To kind of bring the energy, right. It's not more of like a professional, it's more it's like, hey, we're down here about to do a sack race.
Speaker 2: You got to be into it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna folded our contestants, let's ready to go. And that's that's kind of the love of minor league base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you should definitely do that though. I love minor league baseball games. There's so much fun. So yeah, if you have the opportunity to do that, take it. Go for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I might. And then one of these days, Shannon and dude, I are going to be throwing out a first pitch. We need to just speak this and do existing.
Speaker 2: Yea, I threw one out last season. I threw one out last season at the bats game, but it was for QMF. It wasn't for the pre show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you missed how horribly.
Speaker 2: It was a strike. I mean it made it to the it didn't bounce. I'll put it to you like that.
Speaker 1: I just don't remember that like my memories.
Speaker 2: Well I can. I can send it to you again. It didn't bounce. And I threw from the rubber. Yeah, and I got a bum shoulder.
Speaker 1: And I feel like it was more like left high and left okay whatever.
Speaker 2: It was a pitch out. Buddy Back called a pitch out. It's not my fault. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: We'll be back. Who's this, Shannon? Uh?
Speaker 2: This is for our pal John Short, who I hope is listening. You might remember yesterday he mentioned a racehorse song that he wanted to hear, Molly and Tim Brooks by Bill Monroe.
Speaker 1: John Short. Always bringing out the the oldies. Yeah, exposing us to some things that we maybe haven't heard before.
Speaker 2: Good bluegrass music.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Uh eight five h two two eight seven. If you'd like to give us a call. Big game for the UK baseball team tonight, They're at My Hilltoppers at Western Kentucky seven pm tonight, so six forty five pregame start on news radio thirty wl AP. Shannon the Washington Nationals held Pups in the Park over the weekend, but there was one problem. They scheduled the fireworks show.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no.
Speaker 1: Talk about a disaster of promotions.
Speaker 2: Did everybody's to do that? Did everybody's dogs run away when the fireworks started going crazy?
Speaker 1: I'm sure with these big you know signs, Hey fireworks are about to start, get your dogs out of the arena. But I don't know who's scheduled those for the same day. Seems brutal. I do like on pups in the Park day. A lot of times the MLB stadiums will play like a sound effect of a doorbell just to like get them going during the middle of the game and things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dogs hate that. Man. When I when I had a little little bella dog, she would get so scared on Fourth of July. She would go behind the couch, Like, how did you get behind the couch? I'm like, where's the dog at?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Scared scared of the July fireworks. For our feline friends and even dogs, it's it's not a fun time. So bad news there by the Nationals. Speaking of animal Shannon, a conversation took the Internet by storm over the weekend. I want your opinion. I want our listener's opinion. What do you think about the matchup between one hundred humans and one gorilla. This conversation had what two hundred and fifty million views online over the weekend, and it sparked a lot of debate. I'm very confident about one side, but I want to ask you first, Shannon, if one gorilla had to go up against a one hundred human beings, who do you think would win.
Speaker 2: I don't know why this is really a debate. I mean, if there's were one on one, it's one hundred percent the gorilla. For two on one, it's the gorilla one hundred human beings. You're telling me we can't just all just mob mentality, you know, just bum rush the gorilla, jump on them and just beat them down. I mean, I wouldn't want to hurt a gorilla, but if you had to one hundred humans over one gorilla, and I know, like gorillas are crazy, like their their bite can actually crush bones. Oh yeah, So like there's gonna be a few human casualties in this situation. But we got to have, you know, somebody on the front line who's willing to be the first one to go after this gorilla. And I know, like one punch from the gorilla can probably kill somebody too. Like I know, like the strength is off the charts for a gorilla. But we're just talking about a sheer numbers game here. One hundred human beings which don't have any weapons.
Speaker 1: Right, no weapons, no weapons, But they're dedicated, Shannon, They're they're they're motivated, as we know UK sports figures are right now. I mean, they're motivated to take down this gorilla. So it's like they're going to fight to the death. So I you come into the expectation that I think the humans are ready to go, but I'm so glad we're on the same side here. Humans are taking out this gorilla. I mean, he doesn't have the endurance to take out one hundred.
Speaker 2: No, a hundred. What's the argument that the gorilla is going to kill a hundred human beings before one hundred human beans could kill one gorilla.
Speaker 1: Because they think it's a steven Sagall. Yeah, they're going to go after I mean, when we're.
Speaker 2: Not talking about King Kong here, folks. All right, this is not like a building smashing gorilla that's fifty feet tall. We're talking about a regular gorilla. It doesn't have crazy strength, absolutely, but we're talking about one hundred human beings.
Speaker 1: Right, you surround that thing and you just do what you can.
Speaker 2: You hold him down, right.
Speaker 1: But let's not be naive. The first twenty people, they're probably gonna get a good licking, you know, like they're fast. Guy's getting taken out. Sure, you just got to be the brave and be that first guy. But like this conversation of you know, if the gorilla first doesn't run away, I mean, if he's ready to go and he's gonna fight a whole pack, then no.
Speaker 2: So you hold the gorilla down, and then what you do, well, it gets a little graphic at that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, okay, I mean you've got to you've got to give you gotta.
Speaker 2: Protect your family. Give them the old one death situation. You give them the old one two dance like a butterfly sting like a bee job.
Speaker 1: Maybe you have you know, I train, Look, I go lift weights.
Speaker 2: That's the thing though, Once a hundred human beings hold down the gorilla, it's gonna be hard to kill it without any weapons. So you're gonna be there for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah you might, but you know, life and death situation. Now the real debate is hippo Shannon, Oh lord, hippo has taken out one hundred humans. We've got no shot against a four thousand pound hippo compared to five hundred pound gorilla.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, that's a little different. But so I guess, like online, what are most people saying.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's kind of hard to tell, is it split? Yeah? Well, I think people with common sense, I think can read into the situation and think that the humans will get it done. But there is a consensus that the gorilla is gonna screw some people up.
Speaker 2: Now pullus. We're smart, though, Like we could, you know, distract them, Like, hey, look over here, gorilla strategy. Yeah, like we have strategy. Yeah, Like we're gonna divide up fifty to fifty, surround them, right, and then we're just gonna jump on his back and take them down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it's just gonna be a sheer numbers game and you have one hundred people. I do think we're taking it down. Now. This conversation has picked up so much steam that our guy Jack Pilgrim on the KSR website, here's the headline. These are the Kentucky players you'd draft to beat up a gorilla. I mean we've gone that far, folks. We're looking at some UK players in the past, and who would join in this conversation. I'll give you a few. Shannon about Lance Ware the enforcer. He's coming in right. We need Lance to come in there and help with that gorilla. Jamal McLure, Tyler Ulis, Brandon Garrison, even Josh Harrelson, Eric Blutsoe, even even DeMarcus Cousins. You give hell. We could get up to one hundred UK basketball players going after this gorilla, but probably five or six of those guys you would probably not want to face it.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, I was taking some calls there during the break because here's the thing.
Speaker 1: You talk, you.
Speaker 2: Talk gorillas versus humans. Everybody's got an opinion on it. You talk, you know, ducky Derby basketball football. Nobody cares, which is why we say we're an entertainment show. So guys that I would want from Kentucky, did you say basketball football all the.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jack did an article about basketball players that you would want. Yeah, flouted Brandon Garrison, which I love because that guy, I mean, he was ready to fight somebody after the end of the Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Did he have Nasey on his list? Nazi Mohamma should have been on there.
Speaker 1: Probably Nausey.
Speaker 2: I would take DeMarcus, Yeah, DeMarcus. Who else?
Speaker 1: Shemu Evans he is a warrior, that's right, mean Kirkrisas, come on now, now we're going football players.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a lot of guys you could pick from in Cash Daniel. I mean, looking at the size of his arms in that OVW match a couple of nights ago, I think he would definitely be on the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I still I still think Dion Walker gets a little bit raggedalled if he goes one on one again.
Speaker 2: One on one. Yes, we're not talking one on one. We're talking about your assembling one hundred human beings from UK roster. I'm not gonna take anybody one on one with their gorilla.
Speaker 1: That gorilla, Chuck Hayes, He's going to turn the other way, Shannon, I don't know about that, but it would be a little bit harder for him at that point. All right, well, you know what I want to hear some other opinions eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven and Shannon, who's up on our phone line?
Speaker 2: David, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is David, not just to talk to you. I looked up a little something just I mean, and I'm like you, I think there're a hundred people probably, But the gorilla is supposed to be nine times stronger than any human, which levels a play bill a little bit with a hundred. But their bite is stronger than a lion's bite. So it just depends on you know, how aggressive is the gorilla. This gorilla is going at these people and how many he takes out the.
Speaker 2: First thing we're doing, we're gonna jump on his back and put a muzzle on him to where he can't bite anybody. Well, wait, does that include But I guess maybe you can't do that because that's a weapon. What have you a weapon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd hate for you to bring up if you put on him.
Speaker 2: Put the million dollar dream on him, and stuff with one hundred dollars bill in his mouth when he passes out, I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's your that's your only shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like I like David strategy. Let's just give him some old school wrestling moves, like you know, a pile driver, maybe a DDT he's out you want, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Ain't seen hard times like Dusty Rose, the don't know hard time.
Speaker 2: I like David. He's gonna go up and offer him a beer and then kick him in the gut and give him a stone cold stunner. That's what David's gonna.
Speaker 1: Do, the stunner to the gorilla to start off.
Speaker 2: Thanks to the call, David, We appreciate it, David.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a fun take for it. Who else is on the life, Drake? What's up? Drake?
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm gonna take the gorilla mainly because not a hundred people cannot attack this gorilla at the same time, just based off logic and space alone.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen like a mosh pit? Though at like a music fast.
Speaker 1: We can surround it. Yeah, a lot of people can get their hands on it. Though at one time.
Speaker 2: Everybody counts to three boom, just jump on them.
Speaker 4: And when he back ends one person and they're they're completely out of the fight. I just don't think a hundred people can just based off space alone. He's going to be fighting like what's eight to ten maybe twelve at once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you say, you know, he backhands one guy and he's dead. Okay, we still got ninety nine others.
Speaker 1: And don't you think the gorilla gets a little tired after he takes out sixty seven seventy people, Drake.
Speaker 5: I don't know him much enough about gorillas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the scary part of the scenario. Let's say you know, the gorilla does beat up like ninety five of them and you're one of the last five. Yeah, I think I'm running for the hills at that point, like, get me out there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, are we trapped in a cage?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Can I get out of there? Because now now all of a sudden, I'm not so brave. I think I'm trying to get out of the cage and leave. I'm just gonna get counted out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's over with if there's just five lived.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well that's quite a scenario, Billy, that you bring up. And now you've got all kinds of people chiming in.
Speaker 1: I just love how our phone lines light up when you talk about these things.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the called Drake. Appreciate it, man, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Drake. The stone Cold Stunner is still my favorite visual with just there're some wrestling modes started off. I mean, heck, put cash in there, Dion Walker. I mean that's a good group. I think the number is much closer to like sixty or seven.
Speaker 2: You said we can have weapons, can we have props?
Speaker 1: What do you want your belt?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that and I was going to bring like a big bottle of silk velvet whiskey and maybe try to get the gorilla drunk, okay, and then fight him when he's drunk. Maybe he'll get a little too tipsy and fall over, and then we have an advantage on him. And of course he would love some silk velvet whiskey. You know, Derby's coming up this weekend. You got to have a Derby party, and you got to have bourbon at your Derby party. Let me suggest to you trying out a legendary whiskey. Silk velvet whiskey. I first craft it back in eighteen eighty and Henderson, Kentucky, now brought back by the Harkess family over a century later. Hands selected single barrels. Each bottle comes from a unique barrel personally selected by the team for its rich character and stand out flavor, and the award winning craftsmanship made by Jacob call Is. The award winning distiller and he as a family distilling lineage going back to seventeen ninety one, one hundred and seven proof at least six years, aged to perfection and bottled for bold Kentucky flavor with a smooth, velvety finish, now available in Kentucky liquor stores. You can also go to Silk Velvet Whisky dot com and check it out. A legendary bourbon, very very good. I would highly suggest it for your derby party. Get some Silk Velvet whiskey and follow them on social media.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll take a break and continue the conversation on the other side on this ridiculous edition of the KSR pre Show. It's Shannon and Billy. We'll be right back. There's a song for everything. Shannon the dude is the best at in finding those songs. Little Bruno Mars banging your chest like a gorilla. People are not very confident about the humans' ability to take down the gorilla on the text line, so people have gone to ranking which KSR crew member is most likely to take out the gorillas. So people are saying, if there were one hundred Shan in the due dudes, they take down the gorilla. But if there were one hundred BILLI are sports don't think they're taking down the gorilla.
Speaker 2: You know, look, let me give you a little confidence here. What happened to you? You need some billy confidence this morning?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, trust me, it was coming around the corner. I just wanted to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 2: No, one hundred billy, Yes, one hundred billies could take down a gorilla.
Speaker 1: Well, the irrational confidence helps in that situation, right, because I'm I'm I'm going in there thinking twenty billies gets the job.
Speaker 2: In no way, no way.
Speaker 1: Twenty maybe's a little low.
Speaker 2: Again. It's that mob mentality. If you could all just get on the grill. You don't need one hundred people on them, but you need I don't know how many you think would Well.
Speaker 1: How many humans do you think you're taken out in this like?
Speaker 2: If it is one hundred, oh, there's gonna be some casualties.
Speaker 1: I mean over like eighty ninety or is it more like.
Speaker 2: I think probably thirty. You's gotta say, okay, seventy percent of us are going to die or thirty percent of us are going to die?
Speaker 1: You only think thirty are getting taken before we take it over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 1: All it takes for us is to get one eye, you know, disoriented.
Speaker 2: And dowge the eye. That's what you just gotta play dirty, Yeah, you gotta you gotta hit him where it hurts.
Speaker 1: The dude's match in the ring. Going to bring in sand blowing people's eyes. Yeah, all the dirty tricks that you've done in the past.
Speaker 2: Dirtiest player in the game.
Speaker 1: Is that what you did Tonetti?
Speaker 2: Oh three? Yeah? Yeah. Vinetti had me in the figure four leg lock and I took some some powder and throw Yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Threw it right in the guy's face. Oh what a what a legendary matchup that was with Venette and the Speedo as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. Let's go back to the phones, though, Shane. Who else is up?
Speaker 2: Caleb?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? Caleb?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: Good morning? Pre show? Hey, actually gotta I was kind of going down the same road you guys just were playing dirty. I'm gonna take a couple of Tennessee women football fans and uh South Carolina sucker punch, and I think we take that gorilla three to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Then I follow up questions Shannon off the gorilla topic, do you think ourselves. Thinks they're gonna pull it off tonight, close out the series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm surprised. Yeah, I'm surprised. It's already going to the five games. I thought it would be a four to zero sweep. But yeah, they'll they'll take care of business tonight and moving on. You already have the Celtics going to the championship, so I think they'll they'll close it out to night.
Speaker 1: They want it last year, right, so I mean do it again. Chance to go back to back. They take on the Magic tonight, along with three other NBA games. While we're talking hoops. Over the weekend, the Kentucky men's basketball team transflportal class got on campus for the first time, so we saw low Diabate, Aberdeen, and Williams visit Kentucky taking some picks with Pope with their all their their arms cross Shannon. You know, toughn pose and really just a lot of gratefulness coming from those guys, like the tweets from Cam Williams. I think Jalen Lowe had a tweet about just how awesome it is to be in Lexington and it's always been a dream to be at Kentucky and That's that's appealed to a lot of people in this fan base over the last couple of years, hasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And you know Brandon Garrison was in here with this last week talk about well he hasn't had the chance to meet all the guys yet on the team, but uh now they're getting together and looking forward to what kind of chemistry this team can build coming up in November. A lot of fans are already excited. You heard the fan was it yesterday calling in and say, hey, we just skiff football season and go straight to basketball season.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a long wait this summer, folks. I mean, there's a lot of excitement. But I don't know who said it on the show, but I want Saint John's. I do too, man like that brand. I want Ricky p If that's.
Speaker 2: The only way, because I thought I thought the agreement was they were going to do a home at home. But let's just set that to the side for just a minute and say, Okay, that's not the case. The only way you can get to play rick Patino at home would be in the what CBS Classic Sports Classic? Yeah, I would say, give me Saint John's at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm gonna remember this matchup against Ricky p forever, you know. I mean, Yukon would be a fun game every three years, and that's a good brand to beat. Yeah, but I mean we got to play Rick before he's done, before he retires to Georgetown and is watching his un coach exavior and intended to his horses.
Speaker 2: You can say, well, you know, Saint John's matchup is only entertained, you know, only exciting if Rick Patino's the coach. Well, I mean I would say the Yukon series is only with Danny exciting to me because of Danny Hurley. He used to say he's going to be there in two or three years. You never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to a degree, he could. He could be on his way out after maybe some meltdowns. Again, Uh, Shannon, tell me about that DK horse app again before we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Derby Week is here, and if you want to bet on the horses, maybe you want to throw some money down on simply joking our horse, you know that I own along with about ten thousand other people. You could do it on DK horse app. Get on the action with promo code KSR Horse. You bet five dollars and if your pit crosses the finish line, you're gonna win your share of one million dollars in the prize pool. Again, that is promo code KSR horse. On the DK horse app, bet five dollars and if your horse wins, you're going to get your share of one million dollar. Only on DK horse app call witting to hundred gambler if you have a gambling problem eighteen plus twenty one plus and certain stays to open, own or access an advanced deposit wagering account and resident of state where DK horses available. Eligibility restrictions apply, void where prohibited. Opt in and place a five dollars or more straight when bet on the derby. First eligible bet only must win to share one million dollar prize. Cash reward via click to claim expires in thirty days, ends May third. See team. See terms at dkhorse dot com. Slash bet, slash offers, slash details.
Speaker 1: All right, just a minute or so left on the show, so big, thank you for everybody listening today to Billy and the Dude. We'll be back tomorrow. We've got a fun week planned. Sounds like Matt's got some plans for Oaks day in Louisville as well. You know, Shannon, when I moved from Florida, it was it was culture shocked to have the Oaks off. But now I love it, you know what I mean, Like, I think it's just such a tradition in this state that it's a I think you gotta do it that way now.
Speaker 2: Here in Louisville. I don't know, Like again, like I'm not really a big on a horse racing necessarily, but the vibe, the energy, the atmosphere just in this city this week is always a lot of fun and and you kind of have that I kind of have that feeling right now of the vibe of yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we didn't have thunder, so the lead up wasn't the same, But now it's you know, it's it's getting much closer and we're starting to have that excitement. I guess today is what five oh Tuesday?
Speaker 2: That's right, five oh Tuesday. And then there's thirby what do we call them Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Winters? Was it Winters Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Or I don't know. More importantly, when's the Great Steamboat Race? Is that Thursday?
Speaker 1: What happened to that, Shannon? Did we did we scrap that because of all the weather.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'll hop you an update tomorrow. We'll talk about it on the pre show front of the race, either the greatest race of all time.
Speaker 1: All right for Shannon the Dude on Billy Rutlis. This has been the case our pre show. We'll talk to you tomorrow