Speaker 1: Welcome to my show. I'm Rashon McDonald, a host of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Well, we encourage people to stop reading other people's success stories and start planning your own.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You don't want to miss an episode, so please take a moment right now to follow or subscribe to Money Making Conversations Masterclass. It's free. You can follow me on iHeartRadio, app, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your podcast. New money Making Conversations Masterclass episodes drop daily. I want to keep you on alert because my guests provide tips on how you can uplift your community, improve your financial planning, motivation, or advice on how to be a successful entrepreneur. Now, let's get this podcast started. My next guest is an award winning finance expert and best selling author. She is also the CEO and CFO of New Day for You Financial. She is a national leader and business Funding Solutions. Katrina helps women business owners secure up to one hundred thousand dollars in funding in one hundred days or less with same day approval and next day funding. This is the right person to have on Money Making Conversations. Please walk with the money Making conversations, masterclass, Katrina fitting How you doing, Katrina.
Speaker 2: I am doing wonderful. Nice to be here, Nice to meet you once again. I remember seeing you long years ago on the Steve Harvey Show.
Speaker 1: That's my man, my man, Steve Harvey. I'm cooking up stuff here, cooking up money, ideas and everything. But it's really funny, Katrina. A lot of people still follow me because I bake. A lot of people still follow me because I cook all those good things. And it's been very fortunate to have that kind of a well rounded career. Now, money making conversation, let's start up right here. I get a lot of texts, I get a lot of emails by people talking about they looked up my credit, they looked me on LinkedIn. They can give me fifty thousand dollars and give me sixty five thousand dollars. It's give me a call. And what is a scam and what you should be on the lookout when people start sending these texts, start sending these emails engaging potential business people who want that big break, who need just a little money to jumpstart their dreams. Talk to us about those emails that I be getting and I'm sure a lot of people out there get to.
Speaker 2: Yes, ra Sean, this is a really good question because oftentimes we get hung up on these what ninety second ig takes and these shorts and all of these conversations and our emails are being flooded now because obviously there is funding now that is available for startups and essentially you have to qualify. Oftentimes, when we are seeing this, we're not actually talking about what the requirements are. And so to make it really frank, because this is what I do every day, and that is this, how do you qualify? If you have a six point eighty credit score or higher, you have at least four figures in a credit card already, right, you need to have at least ten thousand credit card already, Okay, and you have a business that has a mission to make money and your risk is low. This is the answer to that question. So what that means is that, yes, if you take the clickbake or you make the call, the first thing that's going to happen is that we're going to have a conversation with you first to find out is your money mindset right, because we don't want to be out here racking up the good debt and then you're not going to be responsible. That's number one, right, Are you ready to actually execute on the mo so that you can get a cash on cash return is what we call it, and so you're able to deploy that money properly to be able to pay the money back.
Speaker 1: So the bigger picture, though, Katrina, is that these are unknown people contacting you, right, and so that means in order to even go beyond, you got to share information with them that can in turn enable people to scam you. That's the bigger issue here because you get it all the time. I get it from Chase, I get it from America Express. They'll tell you, hey, look you got a credit card here, sign here. But that's a brand that we know is legit. But there's so many companies out there now they're just ramming you, ramming you're ramming your information and bargain opportunities. That scam side is very high. Not so much about the qualifying side, but that scam side. That's the part that I really want to drive home to everybody is a really really research and if there are any websites that they can go to the unions please yes, that.
Speaker 2: Is exactly a really good, really good question. And the websites. You want to go over to what we call the Business Better UA right, the Business Bureau Right. You want to go over to BBB right, and you want to look up that company right and see what their scores are and see if they have any bad reviews. You want to do your homework. Go to the Google dot com and do their homework and see do they have any testimonials about people saying they're actually getting money right. You can also vet them by asking them who are they working with so on the behind the scenes as far as New Day for You financial, we work with Chase, we work with American Express, US Bank, all of the banks. We have relationships with these banks and so we're outsourcing for them. And so that's how we know one hundred percent that we're able to get you money if you are qualified, and that's the key. If you are qualified, and you have to make sure that you vet the companies that you want to work with to make sure that they are reputable companies.
Speaker 1: Please don't go anywhere. We'll be right back with more Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Welcome back to Money Making Conversation master Class hosted by me, Rashawn McDonald. Let's get back into it. What's the minimum somebody that needs to provide to you in order to find out if they're qualified when they come to your company New Day for You Financial.
Speaker 2: Right, So if you go over right now to New Day for You Financial dot Co. We have a pre approval process. It's a soft pull process. We have a relationship with Equifax where we can do a soft pool and we're able to see whether you can qualify or not just by looking at the information that is available. Once we pre qualify you and get you pre approved, the next step is that we're going to have a conversation with you to make sure that you're able to pay the money back. You have a plan for the money. And this is for startups only, obviously, if you're wanted to get you know, some of the six and seven figure We do SBA loans, We do collateral loans with equipment purchase orders. We do loans as well as lines of credit. And so how we're able to do that is because we have the relationships with the bank and they are doing the underwriting for us to be able to make that happen. And so this is the process.
Speaker 1: We are talking about you though, Katrina, the business model, the business plan. So many people you talked about the credit report, but so many people coming to you with this great idea to Katrina, but they don't have a business plan. Will you tell my audience how you frown on people who walk up to you without a business plan.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you just don't even know it is. So many people think that it's free money, right, and you just have an idea pie in the sky. You had a dream last night and now you wanted your money to be able to implement. You have to be strategic. You have to put together a business plan step by step on what you're going to deploy the money to do. If you do not have a plan on what you're going to do, I call it your money mission. If you don't have a mission for your money and you don't tell your money where to go, guess what you're gonna look up and that money is going to be gone because you already know. We have oftentimes propensity to have money in our pocket and it burns and it's hot and you have to get it out of your pocket, right or we have a pocket with holes in it, like my grandmama used to say, but you have to have a plan for your money, or your money will have a plan and you'll look up and that money will be gone. And you're old at money, and that's where you get the bad wrap and the bad credit. It's because you don't have a plan for your money. You have to have a spending plan.
Speaker 1: Please don't go anywhere. We'll be right back with more Money Making Conversations Masterclass. No need for you to do me a favor right now to follow or subscribe to Money Making Conversation. It's free and you can find it on the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Please do me that favor, follow or subscribe money Making Conversations. Welcome back to Money Making Conversations Masterclass hosted by me Rashaan MC. Money Making Conversations master Class continues online at Moneymaking Conversations dot com and follow money Making Conversations master Class on Facebook, x and Instagram. Relatives. You know how people treat relatives asking for money versus a bank, And I try to treat and I've learned over the years, Katrina, there's a reason why lenders do what they do. And please talk to my audience about when relatives come to them for money. I don't care if it's a small amount of money a large amount of money, how you should treat them.
Speaker 2: So I have learned how you're supposed to treat relatives, friends, family, neighbors, whomever that comes to you to borrow money. First of all, you want to put an actual stipulations. I'm not gonna say contract, but I'm just gonna say, you want to have a a contract or a written agreement, you know, on what are the terms on which you are borrowing this money for? So you say you want to borrow let's just say ten thousand dollars. Okay, that's the amount. So what I'm going to find out on what terms are we going to have this repayment by when? How often? The frequency you're going to pay me? Which is your payments plan? By what date? And I'm gonna say this is what if you don't pay me, this is the penalty. You know, I would put some penalties in place on agreements, saying if you don't do this, hey, you could say collateral. You know, I'm just saying, you know, you could say hey, if you don't Oh.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's racist. Oh you you the man. Now you trying to hold me back. Okay, you're my cousin, you're my sister.
Speaker 2: No, if you're a good steward over your money, you have to have some terms in place in order to borrow. If people are gonna borrow money, you got to have some type of terms in place. You can't just give away money because why you're responsible. You've been giving stewardship over what you've been blessed with, and so you can't just give it away because why your money have a mission and you want to be able to what double your money you want? When you put money out, you wanted to come back to you doublefore right, one hundred four. So that's the terms of it, is that you're responsible. And so I always just make an agreement and say this. If I give you money, I'm going to decide is it a gift or is it a loan? I give it to you. I don't expect anything back, there's no streams attached, or I'm going to put some terms in place in order to make sure that I get my money back and with interest.
Speaker 1: That's how I do it. I said, I look at a person, I said look, don't worry about paying me. Here, here's the money, because I'm not going to track you down. I know exactly who I'm giving money to, because you have to evaluate who you're giving your money to.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I've also given money to people who I know I'm going to give the money back. But also I'm giving money to people that go don't worry about it. I got you. Don't worry about It's a gift. I just want to see you be successful. But what I would just wanted to state in this conversation I was having with Katrina here was that they're rules to being successful. They are rules to borrow money. They're rules, and there's so many people in the minority community, the community of color, and I know it's difficult. I know our skin tone, I know our background might hold us back. But when you're trying to borrow money, there has to be rules. It has to they had just because you want one hundred thousand dollars. If they give you one hundred thousand dollars and you don't have a business plan, then they are the foods and they will be shut down.
Speaker 2: There you go one hundred percent. If we have loans that we give out and uh, they become bad loans. That hurts my business. Right, So that's why we vet our clients thoroughly and to make sure that they have a plan in place. We can look at their history to see what was the of they trustworthy? What are their creditability to other people? Right, even with your family, if you have other family members that said, hey, they didn't pay me back, you have another family member they didn't pay me back, So why you gonna line up to get not paid back. So it's the same thing with the pains. You know, they're gonna look at your credibility, your history, your credit profile, what have your history been, and so these other things that I've been seeing out here is that you're saying, hey, business, we're gonna get you business credit. And you think you're gonna get business credit and they're not gonna look at your personal credit profile. Well, they don't have nothing to go by it. They're not gonna just give you credit if they don't even know what your history is.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it. I love it. Katrina. We are doing good. Okay, I'm talking to Katrina fitting she's the CEO and CFO of New Day for You Financial.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: When I opened the show. I want to get back to this, I said, you are a national leader and business funding solutions. Katrina helps women business owners secure one hundred thousand dollars in funding in one hundred days or less with same their approvals and next day funding. Tell us how that works, right?
Speaker 2: So, for example, my one of my clients, Angeline, she is she's a tax accountant, she does taxes, she does tax strategy and bookkeeping for her business. She came to me she was like, Katrina, we are in need of doing some rebranding for our business and I want to get a minimum of one hundred K to be able to deploy this to you know, get some additional help and team. And so that's what we did. We did a credit analysis on her. We saw that she had good credibility. It was very trustworthy, she paid her bills on time, and she had a business that was already making revenue. So if we already knew pre approval, we're able to get her the money that she requested. We went through the process of asking her what is your business plan, what are you going to do with it? Once we applied, we went through underwriting. We were able to secure her one hundred and sixty thousand dollars in funding in less than a week. Why because she was already ready, right, she had the revenue, she had the business plan, she already had a business that was already operating. She was she's been in business for over twenty years, right, so we know that we can get that money to her really quick, right, Versus someone who they have, you know, pretty sketchy credit. Right, they have some challenges there, They've had a lot of late payments, they have some collections on that. We will tell them you need to go to. We have relationships with credit restoration consultancies. We help them. We will refer them to get their credit, you know.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Once they get their credit right and they are meeting their requirements over time, we see they have some history where they're starting to pay on time, then yes, we're able to get them some funding as well. But we want to make sure that we're not out here just telling people we're going to give everybody one hundred thousand. We have to prequalify you first. Once you get past our pre qualification and you have a plan and a mission for your money, oh we can help you all day.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's right. Business plan here that business player here Katrina, she said, business plan and some years in business, don't we're coming up here. You made that business for six months or year expecting to get a lot of money because so we have risks. It's risky your risk now in your background talking to CEO and CFO of New Day for you Financial, what are all the services that you guys provide you to go to the website? Can you give us a precursor on what to expect when you go to the website and what's your main purpose is? If there's funding other services that you provide at New Day for you Financial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so obviously we are a financial education consulting company as well. So when you go over to New Day Forufinancial dot Co. The we have a whole page of all of the different services that we provide. Like I had mentioned to you earlier, we provide SBA loans. We actually provide equipment loans, like if you've bought equipment, you can get a loan against your equipment if you have government contracts. And you know, I have a client who's in construction and they her and her husband, they have a business that they do flooring and they do windows for apartment buildings and things of that nature. Well, oftentimes they have these contracts where they have a promise to pay and they have you know, obviously purchase orders that are out there, but the work is not until you know, six months later when they complete it. Well, you can actually get a loan against those purchase orders, right. And the other thing we do we can give you get you lines of credit, which is really wonderful. I love this. It's kind of like a he lock, you know, like you can go get an equity against your home. You can get you know, a line of credit with credit card companies like Chase, an American Express. We also do obviously zero percent interest credit card. Now, this is the thing that's hot right now is that literally we are able to qualify you for a zero percent interest credit cards up to eighteen to twenty one months in some cards. And literally if you have a plan, a strategic plan to go take you know, the twenty five grand that American Express gives you on a credit card and you can go put it into something like a business somehow. I'm telling you, if you can turn that money around, you could literally pay no interest on So that is what is really really hot nowadays. And the other thing about it, Rashean, is this, you don't even have to show an actual you don't even have to show that how much money you actually make. They're just going by your credit score. And you can get zero percent interest cards, and we have something that we call credit card stacking where we're able to get more from these banks all in one shot. So it's a wonderful thing. I see people get fifty thousand, sixty thousand just in credit cards. And if you were able to make that happen with zero percent interest, if you got a plan, I'm telling you you can really be able to do some things. And so that's just a little bit about what we can do for those who come to our website. And all it takes is is clicking the button there to fill out the short application. We don't ask for your social or anything of that nature. We do look at experience doing a soft pool to get you pre qualified. If you decide to move forward with what we preapprove you with, we do ask for an administrative back in once what we call a success fee. If we get you the money, then you pay us, don't. We don't ask for no money until you actually get your money. So that's what we do, and that's the kind of you know, reputation that we have as well as in the the integrity that we have. We say, if you don't get anything, we don't get paid.
Speaker 1: Katrina, thank you for coming on Money Making Conversation Masterclass. I appreciate you. Thank you for listening to this episode. Now I need you to do me a favor right now to follow or subscribe to Money Making Conversations. It's free and you can find it on the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Please do me that favor, follow or subscribe money Making Conversations. Keep winning.