Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King podcast is going on tour. Yes, I am coming to a city near you, but I'm not coming alone. I am bringing a few special guests along with me, starting with Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Judais on April thirteenth at the White Eagle Hall in Jersey City, New Jersey. On Monday April twenty second, I have Tamar Braxton coming to Atlanta as City Winery on April twenty fifth. I got Tamor Judge and Teddy Mellcap from two teas and a pod podcast who will be in the OC at the Irvine Improv And for My Love and Marriage DC fans, I got the ladies Ashley Winter, Randa and Joy coming to Howard Theater in DC on Sunday May twelfth, Yes Mother's Day. To get your tickets, make sure to go on my Instagram page or Twitter and click the link in my bio.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey, rain drops on today's episode of Reality with the King, this is a very special moment. As you all know, my favorite show in Bravo is Martion Madison.
Speaker 1: Now, yes, we do messy Mondays with Doctor Hemny.
Speaker 2: I go to quad hows that you know, we have.
Speaker 1: A good olkey key.
Speaker 2: But today I'm here with the two men, in my opinion, who are the force multipliers of the show. I am talking about doctor Eugene.
Speaker 1: And see some appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Give me something, You give me something.
Speaker 4: I know I ain't from Detroit, but I lived there about three years.
Speaker 1: You did you know?
Speaker 3: You didn't know that that's where they met.
Speaker 1: You just have a court Toya.
Speaker 5: That I didn't go there to court Toya, but I was. That's where we met.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I was a chief resident of Detroit receiving.
Speaker 1: How did you meet Toya in the first place? So funny story.
Speaker 5: Uh So, basically, when I was on my ICU rotation, I met a nurse. It was kind of flirty. I knew she had a boyfriend. But I thought she was cute, but I was not really talking to were talking to her, but she invited me to go out to this event. At the event, they were doing speed dating on the other side of the restaurant. So we're at the bar, we're sitting there. It's the nurse.
Speaker 1: I showed up with Toya. The nurse had a boyfriend. Yes, we were cool.
Speaker 3: You I was want to talk about.
Speaker 1: But we did. We did. We did a fold speed dating at our table.
Speaker 5: When I speed dated with the other girl that was there, I was actually a jerk.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I was like, like, how many baby daddies you got?
Speaker 1: I didn't know the girl had several baby daddies. I didn't know. It was a joke.
Speaker 5: But when I speed dated with Toya, I actually liked her. So later on when we left, I told the nurse that I was there with.
Speaker 1: I was like, I like your girl. I like Toya.
Speaker 5: I was like, you gotta hook that up Toy Toya, and this nurse told Toya he ain't got enough money for you what. So that's how Toya called me, basically thinking to be like, hey, I don't know what she told you, but I ain't that tight blah blah blah. I was like, hey, I want to take you out. She said, I got a paper I got to write. She was like, I got to rewrite it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: She was in her master's program. She was like, they said I played arry something. I was like, I'll rewrite it for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I rewrote her paper. Level the next level wrote her paper. You rewrote with tor thesis.
Speaker 1: Paper with the no, not her thesis.
Speaker 4: It was just a paper paper, did the notations the proper way.
Speaker 2: And I go, day, wait a minute, hold and then in the rest of history this is before y'all.
Speaker 1: Day one doctor.
Speaker 2: We been spent twenty dollars on the two for twenty apple by.
Speaker 1: I liked her. You rewrote Toya's paper. It was something about it, something about it.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was hooked over. It was over.
Speaker 5: So it's like like you get that first bumps, it's over.
Speaker 1: Toy is my drug. I have no idea that was.
Speaker 4: So I've heard media crackhead that to my drug.
Speaker 3: Oh whoy.
Speaker 1: So you've always been sprang from day one. It has never changed. No, we we have, don't get wrong, a handful, but but you love that handful. I love the handful. Wow, Okay, so I heard this story. That's that's a really good one.
Speaker 2: I need to hear how you and Simone met and how did you snag doctor Simone.
Speaker 3: So we're a spell House connection.
Speaker 2: So for those outside of Georgia, that is Spellman, the all girl black accredited college, and then more House, the all black male accredited college.
Speaker 6: But we ended up being in the same apartment complex, and still Georgia, a lot of the more House and Spelman students lived there. So Simone and her girlfriend were coming in from their car. I had a bunch of guys over my place. We were playing video games. They walk up and my boys.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, here come these girls. He come to girls. My roommate and one other guy ran out and was like hey, hey, hey, come inside. And they came in.
Speaker 6: I'm playing video games and my boy, my roommate was like he had as soon as he saw someone.
Speaker 3: He was like, that's my girl right there.
Speaker 6: I'm going with some mom and so young girl. He about to steal girl. No, So I'm playing video games. They come in. The two ladies come in. I was okay, see Simone, see the other girls, Like dang, she sounded nice. But my boy was like this my girl, I'm going with it. So I let him roll with it for a long time. I was like, it's a long time, you know in college. A couple of weeks, right, A couple of weeks. I was like, okay, And so I asked.
Speaker 3: Him one day. I was like, so it's you and some moll y'all. Y'all cool. He was like, yeah, man, we good. Were good.
Speaker 6: So some mom hit me up one day and said, hey, I got a waterbed and my waterbed isn't working.
Speaker 3: I need somebody to fix my waterbed. An eighties eighties.
Speaker 6: Load, so you know you're fixing turnpapers, I'm fixing water bed.
Speaker 1: And you're fixing waterbed.
Speaker 3: This eighties though, loas right.
Speaker 6: So she's like, my waterbed, I said, I got a water bed back in La.
Speaker 3: I'll come down there and I'll hook you up.
Speaker 1: Did you really have one?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 6: I had a water bed, went downstairs, fixed her waterbed. She was like, you're the best. I'm gonna make you dinner. So I was like, oh cool, I'm in college.
Speaker 3: So I go down. She makes some chicken wings, and.
Speaker 4: This story actually so welcome to reality.
Speaker 6: She makes these chicken wings, makes a nice little dish. It was a good food and I was like, okay, and so we're down there, said hey.
Speaker 3: So you know I appreciate this. This is so sweet.
Speaker 6: I said, I know you and my man y'all going out and hanging out. She was like, I'm not with your man at all. I was like, what she said, I'm not with him. So when I got back up.
Speaker 3: To our our apartment, I said, hey, are you and you and Simone are y'all hanging?
Speaker 6: He's like, now that that's my girl. So I was like, once he said that, I was like, okay, but did you have.
Speaker 1: A conversation with him to be like hey.
Speaker 3: No, I mean yeah.
Speaker 6: When I went upstairs, I asked him. I was like, hey, are you you and Simona are y'all dating? And he was like he finally came clean and was like, nah, that's my girl when you.
Speaker 1: Come clean and say she cooked me dinner and I fixed.
Speaker 3: He knew that. He knew that because he knew I fixed the waterbed.
Speaker 1: I was saying, so you were knowing college for fixing water? Did I fix everything?
Speaker 3: I do it all? I do it all.
Speaker 6: I'm a renaissance man, I'm a morehouse man. I'm cooking, I'm fixing stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm a rental and.
Speaker 2: You're also you know, a main ingredient in the Maritime Medicine show. I am obsessed with this show. I am really appreciative of you two coming because look, the show is successful, not only because of the strong women who are fantastic, all of them past present, and even the ones coming on.
Speaker 1: It's a fantastic show.
Speaker 2: But let's be clear, without the men, the show will just be another female ensemble docu series, which will be okay.
Speaker 1: But I don't feel like the men on the show get the props that y'all deserve.
Speaker 2: So when doctor Eugene hit me up on Twitter, it's a joke.
Speaker 1: I take off serious, I see.
Speaker 2: So when you hit me up on Twitter said you know, we need to come on, and then Cecil said, yeah, Carlos.
Speaker 1: Break up on? I said why not?
Speaker 2: Because I love the show so much and I did create this podcast so that people can have a voice and I want to hear about the two of you and what y'all think. So do y'all wives know that y'all are here today?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course. How did that go? Well? Toy, Well, you want to show Toya for some reason it acts like.
Speaker 5: I haven't been on the show with her for ten years, Toya said, and I quote, have a good interview, talk less to think more, and they are not your therapists. So I hit her with a couple couple couple of means. And my response was like, you think after ten years, you know, I don't know how to conduct myself, you know. But I think the great thing about our show, it's not just the fact that we got met here.
Speaker 1: It's actually more of the couples.
Speaker 5: You know, for a while, we were the one of the only shows that had all married ensemble. If you really think about it, there was you know, I mean, what else was it? Blackish kind of you know, like but besides that, even the housewives really aren't they weren't they weren't married, you know, half of you know.
Speaker 1: So to to just be able to showcase.
Speaker 5: In a reality format married couples, the things we go through, you know, I think is important.
Speaker 1: And I think what I.
Speaker 5: See from from you know, the Twitter, artience, Instagram and just just meeting people, you know, people, you know.
Speaker 1: Especially guys. A lot of guys watch.
Speaker 5: Our show and they're like, man, I really appreciate you showing you know, how you are with your kids, how you are with your wife. Man, me and my wife went through that, you know, and even some of you know me and my wife, we're very open, like even financial stuff we put out there.
Speaker 1: You know. You know people are like, Man, I had that problem too.
Speaker 5: I know, I know people that were doctors had that problem, you know, like and but it resonates, and it's like, that's why we're we're so open because we know it may help somebody, you know. So I think it's just a great show case of black families, you know, black fathers, you know, black husbands.
Speaker 1: It's just I think it's important to put out there.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's not anywhere else. No.
Speaker 2: But that's the reason why the show is so good is because of all of those components that make sense. So when you told Toya you were talking to Carlos King, she was cool with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I love Toya. Okay, now you're white.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Doctor Simone.
Speaker 2: As you know, I'm her favorite blogger in the world, and I love doctor Simone. So when you told doctor Simone that you was hopping on Carlos King's podcast.
Speaker 3: So Carlos, let me say this.
Speaker 6: Let me say this first up before I even start, I got to give you big props for even allowing us to come on. I mean, we've been on TV for ten years and we've never had an opportunity to come out and talk about the show. So I really appreciate you doing this first. Let me say that. Secondly, I know it came off kind of strange with the whole blogger thing, but trust me when I tell you this. Simone and I both are huge fans of you.
Speaker 3: I mean we are huge fans of yours.
Speaker 6: We cheer you on on all the shows you do, We watch them. We tweeted out. Simone is just a different animal. And Eugene will understand what I'm saying when I go a little bit further with this. She doesn't really do reality. I mean, she doesn't do social media. I believe that she's not. She doesn't really get into all the stuff that a lot of the ladies do when it comes to going to events talking about their true and so when she made the comment about bloggers, it wasn't specific to you. She was talking about all of the interviews that Simonda, I mean that Quad had done.
Speaker 3: It wasn't your.
Speaker 6: Interview specifically because we both watch your interviews, we watch your podcast because I personally think no one else is doing anything close to what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I mean it is truly interesting stuff that we can't get anywhere else, and we watch it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and so I know it came off like it was.
Speaker 1: I want her to know that, because you know, when it came back to me, I know this. We all like to have fun.
Speaker 2: And I do this because, like I said, this isn't my show, not my creation.
Speaker 1: I do it because I love it. I love you guys, I love the genre.
Speaker 2: I have this platform to promote us black people to really have a voice.
Speaker 1: So I know me and about are good.
Speaker 2: I want the world to know that we have fun with it, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Want anyone to think that it's serious. It's really just fun. Shade. It was fun, Shade. It's fun. But I love her so thank you, and she loves you. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Thank you. You got to prove to up here, Yes I did.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: She gave me the same kind of rules the Eugenia.
Speaker 6: I probably got three different messages about what I should say and don't go too far.
Speaker 3: She was saying, you know, don't drink on this show.
Speaker 6: She didn't want me to be like on Club Shad Shade get drunk.
Speaker 1: That's where we got water.
Speaker 2: No. I appreciate that, and I love your wives, but I love you guys, and I want to get into This season has been explosive. It's the highest rted season ever in Marriti Medicine history. There's a lot that's been happening this season, but there's a lot that happened prior to this that led up to why this season is so great. When it comes to marrit To Medicine, do you guys have any regrets or had any regrets signing up to do the show, because it's not like you grew up wanting to be on television and your wives didn't either. But when this show came around and you saw all the attention that it received, were there are moments in your marriages where you sort of questioned whether or not this show was healthy enough to sustain your healthy marriage.
Speaker 6: Well, I can start because when we did the year Fire reunion and Simone announced that we were getting divorced, I think it's the most watched reunion on Bravo. I was after I walked off stage, I was like, as much as this has been a interest in journey, we should have came off of here a year or two before because I just felt like this is a disaster. Now the truth be told is that it actually saved our marriage. And I know people like, how does a reality show save your marriage?
Speaker 3: But Simone and I are stubborn.
Speaker 6: We were not talking, so we had already made them in our minds like, Okay, you're ready to move on. I'm ready to move on. You don't want to talk. I don't want to talk. But then we come to the reunion, you have to talk. And not only do you have to talk, your friends are also talking to you, and they're saying things to you like, see, so are you sure about this? Are you going to let the devil come in between you and your marriage? And it hit me and I was like, you know what, I haven't done enough. So as much as people sometimes down and talk about how bad reality TV is, truthfully tell you that without it, Simon, I would be divorced. No.
Speaker 2: I watched that entire season and even the reunion, and to see how the couples rallied around you guys in tears to say this marriage I thought it was beautiful. And the reason why the show is great is because it is real friendships, and you guys may fight and bicker, but fundamentally it is about real friendships in that moment. Going back to season five, obviously the biggest controversy was that you had a female.
Speaker 1: Friend named Tammy, and.
Speaker 2: It appeared that Tammy was coming in between your marriage with Simone. The fact that you would hang out with this woman as a married man, the fact that you guys would have conversations as a married man.
Speaker 1: Did you and Tammy ever cross the line?
Speaker 6: It never crossed the line. Simone never thought we crossed the line. We were really good friends. I mean like that was like a sister to me. And I think that we didn't understand the dynamic. I know, I didn't understand the dynamic of how it was affecting someone because they were hanging out. I mean, they went to London together, and someone went to London together without you, without me, and so I'm thinking, Okay, she we're cool. She's cool with someone without me. But after someone explained to me how she was feeling, that's when I was like, Okay.
Speaker 3: Initially I didn't get it.
Speaker 1: Because was Tammy, friends with you first or someone else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was a work friend. She she we worked together at Coca Cola.
Speaker 1: Y'all worked together Coca.
Speaker 6: Cola, played golf, hung out. She's just a good person and became a friend. She married, not she was divorced, but she had become a friend of the family, friend of us, friend of someone's mom, her sister.
Speaker 3: I mean, she was she was truly like family.
Speaker 6: But it did get to a place where someone got uncomfortable because she felt like she was spending.
Speaker 3: Too much time with the family, too much time with me.
Speaker 6: And I didn't get that concept because I was like, wait a minute, I mean, this is family, Like, why would we push back from family?
Speaker 3: And that's the.
Speaker 6: Reason why when we were going through our issues, I didn't get it. And that's the reason why I was like, well, if that's the issue, then I'm that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make sense. I'm gonna go ahead and move. I'm gonna go this way, you go that way, because I don't understand what you're talking about. Until we got to.
Speaker 6: The reunion and she started explaining to me what heard her about it. And then once she explained to me what hurt her about the situation. I was like, you know what, I haven't done everything in my power to try to fix it. And so when I got back to Atlanta, Tammy and I had a conversation and I fixed it.
Speaker 1: How did that conversation go between you and Tammy?
Speaker 6: I mean, it wasn't the best It wasn't the best conversation, but she was truly a friend. So when we had the conversation, she was hurt, but at the same time, she was like, see so I totally get it. I totally get it, and I understand what you got to do. And from that point, I mean, we met at Spondivids. We were sitting at the bar, having drinks, having a good time. We had the conversation. I haven't talked to her. I saw her one other time at a friend's birthday party. We hung out at a birthday party. Other than that, I haven't talked to her six years, five six years.
Speaker 5: But that's the power of the show, I think is that we're being very most of us are being very genuine with our lives. Most of us and most of us are being very genuine with our lives, and a lot of people are going through these same things. And life's not black and white. It's a lot of shades of gray, and so I can see as a man being very confused in that situation, like, okay with my wife's cool with her, what's the problem?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: But I think a lot of men who are watching the show probably gained some insight on your wife doesn't think like you think, you know, and so there's a lesson to be learned there, and so putting that out there has helped who knows how many people's marriage?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because even okay, because again I watched the show, and I think what was unclear for I'll just speak myself for me was if Tammy and Samone are traveling together, They're going to London, gathers for the family, you guys were together, She comes to the crib, she plays with the kids, you know, all these things. What changed where Simone felt that I no longer want this woman around my husband? Like, was there anything specific? Was it the fact that you two were spending too much one on one time together? Did Tammy in a properly sent you a text message?
Speaker 1: Like what?
Speaker 2: What was the moment in Simon's mind that shifted that this is no longer something I'm okay with.
Speaker 3: I mean, and that's a that's a beautiful question. And I don't know that this is the right answer, but I will say this. There was a.
Speaker 6: Time where Tammy had a flat tire and she called me and said, hey, I'm on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: I got a flat tire. Can you come and helped me out?
Speaker 6: And I went and I said okay, And I told someone said, hey, Tammy's on the side of the road, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna help.
Speaker 6: I think that maybe how I moved on that, like I moved so fast, like it was like I gotta go help Tammy.
Speaker 3: I think that might have been.
Speaker 6: A trigger for someone to be like, okay, wait a minute, I don't get this saying.
Speaker 5: I can I offer a different perspective, please do, because me and Toya have had a conversation similar I think for well, I was gonna say a woman, but actually it could be either either gender.
Speaker 1: I think when.
Speaker 5: Your spouse is confiding in the opposite sex about your relationship, it becomes problematic, like you can be friends with them, but don't talk to them about our relationship. So once like surface stuff I think is okay. But if me and Toya get into an argument and I call a female friend to get advice about the argument. That's when it becomes an issue for Toya.
Speaker 3: No, And I think that's fair. But that wasn't. That wasn't our relationship. That was not relationship. But that is fair. That is a fair point because I saw.
Speaker 2: You jump really fast to go jump start at someone's car, got a flat tire?
Speaker 3: Jump start?
Speaker 2: No I'm saying that, but no, because I now again I wanted to sort of like paint a picture for the world.
Speaker 1: Yes, I understand that.
Speaker 2: If I am at home and my husband is doing him and he comes into the room and says, Babe, I gotta go town.
Speaker 1: I got a flat tire.
Speaker 2: I gotta pump it up right, I gotta.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And she sees you sweating, and she said, you got your running nikes.
Speaker 1: On and you are in the car paddle to the metal.
Speaker 2: I can understand why she's sort of like, now, why are you rushing to do that for her?
Speaker 1: But let me ask you this, were you ever attracted to Tammy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 1: Is she an attractive woman.
Speaker 3: She's an attractive woman.
Speaker 6: But I mean, I like all I like them I mean some of my friends would say. Some of my friends would be like, okay, yeah, I know Cecil was not attractive to Tammy. But the truth to the matter is she's such a sweet lady, she's such a beautiful spirit that she's an attractive woman. I just wasn't attracted to her. I mean, but we played golf together, we hung out. I mean, she's one of the nicest people you ever meet. But at the same time running out the way I did for her. And you know, of course, when you're married, when you're in a relationship, people never feel like you jump when they ask, right yes, And I probably didn't jump every time someone ass and so to see me jump in this occasion. And then when there was a time when we had a snowstorm and someone was over at North Side Hospital and I asked her like, are you sure you need me to come get get you?
Speaker 3: I think she tied those two together and.
Speaker 6: Bingo, yeah, do you miss Tammy? I mean, yes, I do. I do I miss Tammy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: Because we were in a golf group and now I'm not in the golf group anymore, all the guys cut me for Tammy. So we used to play in a golf.
Speaker 1: You mean to tell me your homeboys in the golf group.
Speaker 3: I don't get anybody anymore. I get zero in.
Speaker 1: But they chose Tammy over you.
Speaker 3: They did, I mean they did, and I understand it.
Speaker 5: So I didn't know that I'm gonna learn how to play golf.
Speaker 1: I played with her, I mean, but why so? It is she a good golfer.
Speaker 3: She's a good golfer. She's a good golfer. But she's just a nice person.
Speaker 2: But I think you're the nicest Thank you, But I think so.
Speaker 1: I really do love you. I think you're the nicest guy in the world.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that color and I try to be nice. But at the same time, I wasn't mad at my guys for stop inviting me out to play golf. I don't play with those guys anymore. And these are some of the people. I introduced Tammy to these guys, and I don't play in that group anymore.
Speaker 3: I got new guys now.
Speaker 1: I mean to me, Tammy, I mean, it's Tammy in a relationship.
Speaker 6: Now, I don't know, Like I said, I haven't talked to her in like five plus years.
Speaker 2: Did you ever resent Simone for not being able to continue this friendship. And now even hearing that you lost your golf friends because of you ending.
Speaker 3: This friendship, I didn't resent her at all.
Speaker 6: I made a conscious decision when we were in New York at the reunion talking about it, that you know what if, because at that point, I mean, I've been married twenty years, so I'm like, you know what if this is gonna jeopardize me move be for my wife, then I gotta let it go. And so I don't, I don't falter. I'm totally fine with it. I'd make the same decision tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But she was my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So what you guys mentioned earlier is you feel like the majority of y'all showcase your realized who do you think on the show is not showcasing.
Speaker 1: Their real life?
Speaker 3: Who's not here?
Speaker 1: Jackie and Curtis all right?
Speaker 5: Put its way, when I think in the if you look back in the show and you don't see a lot of scenes in the person's home, I don't think those people are showing their authentic self. Like there's there's certain people I haven't I've never even stepped foot in their homes.
Speaker 3: From a camera, stem from a you know, well, like they don't show it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well no, you physically well, i'd say wait into a different times. Well, I think physical camera wise, there's some people you don't really see their life that much in their home. I think those people aren't being one hundred percent authentic with everything. Yeah, they're showing a representation of themselves.
Speaker 1: And I'll just leave it at that. So as we're talking about doctor Jack and Kurtis, I didn't say that, you said that do what does Curtis do in the Dominican Republic?
Speaker 6: So what he explained to us is that he's in a group and they're looking to build a resort and a part of the dr that's not fully established.
Speaker 1: He told it was a development deal. But that's that's all we know. We don't know anything else.
Speaker 4: What's so funny, I don't know, you're looking around like there's more today that we don't know anything else.
Speaker 2: All because I saw flies fly ro because there was a bullshing.
Speaker 1: So allegedly Curtis is in the men of Republic building a resort.
Speaker 6: I mean no, I mean not even allegedly. I mean he sent out the pamphlet. We saw the pamphlet where he's one of the partners of this development group.
Speaker 3: I mean Jackie understands it.
Speaker 6: Jackie sends it out and shows people he's part of a development group building a resort in the dr Now we done. We haven't gotten an invite to go, so I haven't seen it with my own eyes.
Speaker 2: When Curtis got caught at Atlanta Hartsbille International Airport going through Spirit Airlines.
Speaker 1: Near frontier holding hands with a woman.
Speaker 2: Carrying coach luggage, were you guys aware at that time that he was having an affair?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, you never rebuilt.
Speaker 3: No, and Curtis and I were friends. I mean I met kurt Is.
Speaker 6: I mean I knew Jackie before they got married, and so I make characters as soon as she met him. But no, we were not hanging out like that. I mean I didn't know that he was. I didn't know he had somebody on the side.
Speaker 2: If you two would have known that he was cheating on Jackie, would you have told your wives?
Speaker 6: Uh, Eugenie, you want to answer first, because that's a great question, because I think I know what Eugene is gonna say.
Speaker 1: Me and Toya pretty open with each other. Pillow talk.
Speaker 4: Beyond pillows, some kind of way. We Yeah, I mean, you know, I mean, keep it.
Speaker 5: What probably would have done is real talk, my my. My kind of general thing with this is heyto taught to Jackie, because just just make sure she's okay relationship wise. And I probably would have left it at that now, like because I now. One thing I don't like doing is it's like acting like I know something that I don't now just because I see somebody with somebody, I'm not going to assume is what I think it looks like, because it could be something totally different. For instance, I saw a friend the other day.
Speaker 1: He's a lawyer.
Speaker 5: He was in a restaurant with a blond right, he's married. Now I think he was. He was on a business meeting, you know. But if you if you didn't know that and you just ran with it and said, hey, you know he over there with with this girl, you know, like, that's that's wrong to put out, that's assuming. So just because I see somebody out with somebody, I don't know if that's his cousin, I don't know, if that's his daughter's friend that he's you know, like I don't know he's got a grown daughter that his daughter could have been in the bathroom and that could have been he could have been you know, like, it could have been all kinds.
Speaker 1: Of different scenarios.
Speaker 5: So I would have just been like, hey saw something, don't know what it was, just check on Jackie.
Speaker 1: Weis would have told you told me that. He wouldn't have told you. Guys that would have told me.
Speaker 3: He might he might would have telled me. I wouldn't tell.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't tell someone because the other part of the equation is is that I see so many times where people go back and tell and then the person forgives the person and now you're the you're the god man out. So I would never do it.
Speaker 5: I would never take Now, if he told me that, my conversation with the man would have been a counseling.
Speaker 3: Now that's different.
Speaker 1: That's different.
Speaker 3: No, No, I would have a I have a conversation, a conversation.
Speaker 1: Right, Look, I've had what can we do other than that.
Speaker 6: I've had multiple friends. I've had multiple friends that had gotten off track, and we've had conversations. Sometimes the conversations go well, sometimes the conversations don't. But I'm going to have a conversation with the guy. I'm not going back and telling the wife though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no that I mean, listen, I think that's what all men would do if if we're all being honest.
Speaker 1: Besides Eugene, they're watching Judy.
Speaker 2: But other than that, this is the thing about maritive medicine, and again, as a producer, this is what I feel is missing. I love doctor Jackie. I think she's fantastic on the show. She's what's needed for the show. She's the medicine Marathon medicine. We were exposed to some infidelity within her and Curtis marriage. I feel like ever since that was exposed, we just don't see anything, and it begs the question of what's happening.
Speaker 5: Curtis is a pretty private person, like so of the guys on the show. I'm probably closest with Cecil. I've known Damon probably the longest and right after Damon Gregory. But I do know Curtis is a pretty private person. Like we're not friends, Like we talk on the phone. You know, obviously we filmed together, but that's our interaction and I think we're good.
Speaker 1: But I understand that he is not the person who's going to.
Speaker 5: Share everything of his life before the infidelity or after, and so he's just not the type to be filming, like we film, it's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: So you feel a lot. I do, and we love seeing that. There has been tons of people. Doctor Heavenly has called you sassy. She believes you are a sassy man. What do you think.
Speaker 1: When you hear that?
Speaker 2: Because you're married to a woman who's on this show that's very opinionated and the show is about couples. When you hear that someone like Doctor Heavenly thinks you're sassy?
Speaker 1: Does that offend you? No? Put its way? I actually I laugh it off. You know. I think a couple of things.
Speaker 5: One, I think this notion of manhood I think has gotten the script has been. We've gotten off on. Like if you're not in this mold that people think you're supposed to be, right, yeah, then then you're either hyper masculine or you as sissy, you know, sassy, whatever you gin up, whatever you don't.
Speaker 1: Call whatever, I don't, I don't really give it.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm gonna buy hi address, like, okay, make it a nice one. I know what I am, you know, like I know what I am and I know what I answer to you know. But I think there's different ways to be a man, you know, like manhood isn't one singular thing, just like womanhood is not one singular thing, you know. And but this whole notion of women's business and that that kind of thing, Like if we were to rewind thirty years ars ago, the women wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Had anything to say.
Speaker 5: We would have we'd just been man talk and we would have squashed them and say no, you also stay in your place, don't say anything. But I think, you know, society is kind of overcorrected and oversteered where now women are in this thing where we have a voice and we're supposed to be equal, but now we're trying to tear men down to not be able to have something to say. My thing with the show is, you know, we're all here, we're all filming, we're all you know, have you know, you know, if you're talking about my family, I should have something to say. That's not you know, me being sassy, like I'm speaking up either for my wife or my family or for myself, Like you don't get to talk about my family and I don't have an opinion, just you know, like I just don't see why we're trying to silence a man's voice, because thirty years ago we were trying to silence women's voice and we said that was wrong, you know, and so it's equally wrong to silence my voice as well. So you know, I don't really care about the sassy comments or the Ugina comments or.
Speaker 4: But the thing about Okay's say, I know who I am.
Speaker 2: I know who I am, and we love that you are who you are, and we love that you as a black man, you're very secure in your skin.
Speaker 1: When and I said it to Quad and I said it's to Toya.
Speaker 2: When Quad called you Ugina, I did think, like, Okay, that's too far.
Speaker 1: And I said this to her.
Speaker 5: There's been other things she said that I think we're further, like what than Ugina, Like like like the stuff about me and Toya were drunk driving with our kids, that was further, you know, Like the stuff about we might have robbed Kieran and Aneila, that was further. You know, Like those are those are things that I take offense to, and those are things I actually have said something about. But then when I say something, it's we're gonna get him addressed. I'm like, well, you kind of don't get to say what you want about my family doing something criminal, and I don't get to say something, you know, because I'm a physician, like and you know some of the stuff that Jackie's been saying lately about you know, you don't get to say something about a physician like it's it's the stakes are a little higher for us, you know, because even though uh, you know, I have to I have to get certified to work at these hospitals. And if the CEO at the hospital looks at the show and says, oh, he might be a criminal, you know, like what if he says, well, I don't want him working here. You know, I don't want Jackie working at that hospital, and that that that that that that affects my longevity and my ability to take care of patients that I love, take care of my family that I love. Like, you don't get just say I'm doing something criminal with no proof. And so those are the times that I've said something and people have been like, oh, well, you stay out of women's business. No, that's not women's business. This is this is everybody business. This is my business. Now you're talking about my business, you know.
Speaker 6: Well, and you know the thing that's disappointing about it. And you know, I hate to go to the whole race thing, but I do believe that it happens more on.
Speaker 3: The Black shows.
Speaker 6: Oh, you know, on the Black shows, if a man has anything to say, he's being sassy, and you know, and I love Nini, but I think when Nini started out with Peter about being you know, Patricia and so forth, I think she started the narrative that if a guy has anything to say, that he's in women's business and he shouldn't have anything.
Speaker 3: To say on this show.
Speaker 6: The other side to the coin is, as you know, they're asking our opinions. Yeah, we're coming out and they're asking our opinion to.
Speaker 1: Speak on it.
Speaker 6: Now, sometimes we'll say things and sometimes we might decide, you know what, I'm not going to speak on that.
Speaker 1: And for me, that's not why we like this show. Because you you made a good point.
Speaker 2: Marrition Medicine is the first black reality show that focused on married couples. And because of Maritime Medicine doing that so successfully, and you may having opinions, I'm able to have creative loving marriage. You know, a show to where both men and women have an opinion. Now, the difference with that show is they're all main stars of it, and they all get paid. You guys do not get paid. No American Madison, Right, do you feel like it's time for you guys to get paid on the show?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And no.
Speaker 5: Now do I do I want to have the schedule that my wife has with the show.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not available to film five times a week. Okay, this is a part time kind of gig for me when we're filming. But but do I I think the audience when looking at it, wouldn't know that we're getting paid. But the men, we are pivotal to the success of the show, whether we're paid or not, whether we're in the Dominican Republic or in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You know, like we're here, right, you my type of guy.
Speaker 2: You guys are a pivotal part of the show, so much so that you guys are storylines.
Speaker 1: Right. I want to talk about Quad.
Speaker 3: Colors. You might want to look this way, talk about don't look that way.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the case something, but real bro, talk What are your thoughts on Quad? I wish it will? What do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 5: What are my thoughts? That's a very general question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, in terms of as a person, you know, like you said, she has called you ugina, she has, you know, made comments about the robbery. She has apologized to you and Toya about that on my podcast as well. You two seem to have this very divisive relationship.
Speaker 1: Who has a divisive relationship you in Quad, me and Qui. Well, it appears that you two go back.
Speaker 5: And what my honest opinion about Quad, She's just not my favorite person in the world because I wish her well. I just I've I've let Quad back into my family's circle multiple times, and it's it doesn't seem to go well every time we say, okay, well, we'll hug after an apology, and so I'm I'm I wish her well. But I have nothing else really to say to Quad necessarily like she you know, I can be in the same room with anybody.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't wish no ill will on her. She's just not my favorite person. She's Cecil's favorite person. So we can talk to Cecil about that.
Speaker 1: Do you accept her apology?
Speaker 5: Of course I accept it, but that doesn't mean accept an apology doesn't mean that I want to be your friend.
Speaker 1: And there's and there's.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of people in this world that I can I can wish them well, I can be in the same room with them, But I just I'm not confiding in you. I'm not necessarily wanting to be your friend. There was some hurtful things over the years, and and and Toy has mentioned this multiple times.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, are you still hurt by it?
Speaker 5: I think I think the robbery stuff and the cheating stuff and the drunk driving stuff, we're biggies.
Speaker 1: Like I think.
Speaker 5: I think our show, the platform of reality TV, I get the shade like like some shade like even stuff I've said, I've said a bunch of stuff, you.
Speaker 1: Know, sometimes I just get to I say stuff.
Speaker 5: Curtis checked me on one thing that I said. I said, Hey, that was I was joking. That was over the line, the whole dunkin in the basket thing, That was a joke. I apologize. I think he forgives me. But if he doesn't, you know, but.
Speaker 1: I think he does.
Speaker 5: But I think there's you can't ofss a line in reality TV where when you start talking about people doing something criminal and you have no proof, you know, like that's that's when I think it's really crossing a big line where you're saying things.
Speaker 1: That could result like like the whole cheating thing or accusing toy you of cheating right with someone in the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Now I know, I know the backstory behind some of this because and that's the thing. Another another thing why I think the show is so successful.
Speaker 1: We all kind of knew each other.
Speaker 5: We've known each other for a long time, and some of the stuff that comes up on our show, it isn't I don't think even explained well once you edit and shop it.
Speaker 1: It's hard to.
Speaker 5: Explain some of the stuff because some of the stuff go real deep, you know. So if I was the type of person guy, if I was this ultra masculine guy who I heard that my wife was cheating with, who it was said was cheating with, if I was the type to just go over to this house, that wouldn't have been a good scenario at all. But I'm not that tight. Luckily, you know, I'm saying true.
Speaker 1: I had, I had. I had just a conversation with my wife.
Speaker 4: We talked about it, and I believe, and I believe my wife.
Speaker 2: Did you ask Toya whether or not she cheated on you with this guy.
Speaker 1: Well, well, actually, well who she who? Who it was supposed to be.
Speaker 5: I thought it was funny because I know Toy doesn't even like this person that much, you know. But we did have a convers you know, because once it comes up, you still got to have a conversation, you know, And.
Speaker 1: There was a was there a small part of you believe.
Speaker 5: That there's always I think there's always gonna be a gut punch anytime somebody tells you your wife is with somebody else, whether it's true or not. Now, once I heard it, gut punch, but it's like that's not even possible. Then you have the conversation with your wife and be like, okay that this all makes sense, you know, problem solved. But still the person who kind of perpetuates the rumor doesn't know that I'm the type to just have a conversation with my wife. Because there are some guys out there who are not going to have a conversation. They're gonna go be very active, like proactive, and try to do something to the guy. They're either just gonna leave the girl and be like, well you're cheating, and she's gonna be like baby, this this this, I'm not and he may not believe, you know what. I was just not believing, like she's qua said you were cheating, so I gotta believe it her.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not that type.
Speaker 5: But it's still you're saying something that could have caused a lot of problems, you know, the whole Well, what if we robbed Anela and Kieren. That's that's a big deal, you know, And a lot of people are probably are like, well, why are you all because because recently we're we've gotten back in I think a friendly kind of situation with Anela and Kieran. But they've been both very apologetic, you know, very you know, and to the point where I'm like, okay, I believe y'all.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: The first time, the first time Toya said, hey, come over kire in o'neila's house, I was like, I'm not going.
Speaker 1: Over there for what she's apologized to me, you know. I was like, so I don't mean nothing, you know.
Speaker 5: But now I get like I've hung out with them a couple of times. I think they're now genuine and so it's about how you act after the apology, not after the apology. Quads apologize multiple times you know, there's been multiple girls on the show. To apologize multiple times doesn't mean anything afterwards.
Speaker 1: So you talked to see some Now Qua's your favorite person.
Speaker 6: I mean, she's not my favorite person, but she's she's sweet. I mean, like I mean, but you got to remember, there's there's a history here. I mean, I mean we've known quite ten years. I mean, we've hung out outside the show. You know, we went to Vegas for the Mayweather fight when her and Gregory with it. We're still married. You know, I was pulling for her and Gregory to be able to pull their relationship up together. My experience hasn't been the same as Eugene, and you know, and Eugene and I talk about this all the time because we're good friends and we'll have conversations. He'll raise something to me and I'll be like, yeah, that's a good point. It's hard for me to see it because like, she never comes at me that way, right, And everything that I've seen from her has been, at least from from our family's.
Speaker 3: Perspective, has been pretty genuine. And that's the part I like, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I do think, you know, one of the things about the cheating thing, and again This is just me watching the show because I think Toya accused Quad of sleeping with the contractors.
Speaker 5: No, she just she just somebody else said that first.
Speaker 1: Somebody on the.
Speaker 3: Show said, yeah, Toya wasn't the initiative.
Speaker 1: Who was?
Speaker 6: I think my wife might have been the first one repeat it.
Speaker 3: She repeats it, but Red the first she did.
Speaker 1: She I didn't.
Speaker 6: My wife might have been the first one to repeat it, but she repeated it on something that somebody else had told her too, which she shouldn't have done.
Speaker 3: But she did.
Speaker 1: The now the bite that you see a lot.
Speaker 5: I think the biggest conversation about it, I think was reunion, Yes, and that was between Quad and Toya. So it makes it like it's a bigger thing and it's kind of timestamp for the audience at that moment. But Toy didn't say that first. That was not something Toya knew or was going seeking like, that's not that wasn't her. That wasn't her tea that she came up with.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 2: So obviously, when you guys started the show, Quad was married to doctor g. We saw the up and downs of their relationship, then the divorce, and he was not on this show anymore. And now that he's back, he's with Sweet Tea. What do you guys feel about Doctor G coming back to Maritime Medicine, I.
Speaker 5: Pussu way, just because you know, just in the same way that we're saying the men are pivotal to the show, and the men you know, we've we've stuck in there for the show for a long time. Doctor G was there from the beginning, you know, So him coming back is like it's like a character that kind of left for a second and came back, you know, Like I look at I look at the show like an audience person looking at the show.
Speaker 1: I like Doctor G. Back in the day.
Speaker 5: I thought it was hilarious, you know, and so and I still think he's larious. I think he's good for the show. But I like him now coming back because he really looks happy now. So just as a personal man, the man thing, I like, I like this Doctor G.
Speaker 1: Better you think Sweet teammates Doctor.
Speaker 5: I think I just see him as a happy person.
Speaker 1: Happier, happier, Yes.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that's the beauty of it though too. The beauty of it.
Speaker 6: Is we're getting to see Doctor G in a different light, right.
Speaker 5: Because the evolution of somebody, you know. I like seeing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he looks he looks different.
Speaker 6: I mean even in their scenes when they're in the home together that we don't know what's going on, but when we watch it, like, Okay, he.
Speaker 3: Took the trash out. You know, they showed him taking the trash out this year. He never took the trash out with cud. So, I mean, you know, just.
Speaker 6: To see that and to see him, you know, because here's the other side to it. You know, Gregory and I play golf together. We were hanging out even when he wasn't on the show. But the thing that I think is important is doctor G being a psychiatrist. I think it's important to our community to have someone like him on the show, to be able to have a voice for some of the stuff that we got going on in our mental state and what's going on.
Speaker 3: In the community. And I think doctor G is is an amazing voice. I hope he writes.
Speaker 6: I've been pushing him to write a book to talk about mental health. I mean, it's needed in our community. And doctor G is an amazing doctor. I mean, he is an amazing doctor. I've seen him on a golf trip stop playing get to come off the course to go and talk to his patients.
Speaker 3: He's not on.
Speaker 6: Call, but someone found out, you know, they had his number. They send him a message, he calls him back. The guy is amazing And so for me to have someone like that on the show, that gives everyone who's watching the show a different perspective, you know, because I mean, doctors are real people. And that's the thing that I love about Married to medicine. Yes, everyone was on the show and married. But the other side to this equation is these are real doctors. And we're not talking about just Jackie and Simone, but Jackie, Simon, Damon, Eugene Gregory, I mean, Alicia Kima.
Speaker 3: These are real doctors.
Speaker 6: And and this is not a situation where these people are playing doctors on TV. Yeah, and and not everyone grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth. These are people who grew up regular like everyone else, but they went the extra mile to become a doctor. To me, that's an amazing, amazing I think that's what sets our show apart.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And like you said, it's to highlight and showcase that love of black excellence when it came.
Speaker 6: To and heavenly too. I just want to make sure I didn't say heavy. Did I say that? I don't know if I did. I just want to make sure I said heavenly too. Okay, it's an amazing It's an amazing cast of accomplished black folks. Some folks went to HBCU, some didn't, but folks that grew up with, some folks with single parents, didn't have a whole bunch of money. I mean some more. Own story is amazing. I tell her all the time, you should be writing a book. She grew up with, She grew with her and her Her mom and dad divorced when Simone was younger, and Simone decided when she was twelve she was going to be a doctor, and she did everything in her power to make that happen.
Speaker 3: To me, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, now listen.
Speaker 2: That's why again it's the best shown Bravo, because I think what it does is shows the audience and even the hopfols, the way we were watching a different world and we saw black people in college and it made us all want to go to an HBCU. You know, My hope for this show is that it showcases that you too can be a doctor. In whatever you know form that may be, whether it's dentistry, er surgeon, all that stuff. Mariah Hawk obviously created this show. Do you two, being the men behind, you know, the women who are the face of the show, do you feel like, at the end of the day, it was wrong for Marijah to get kicked off this show she created.
Speaker 5: I think Mariah did an amazing job putting this together in the beginning, like like I've made you know again, I was being being somebody who was there from the very very beginning, even before we got picked up with Pop. You know, we were in the first this is a real with the other company. I think she did a wonderful job. I think, if you want my honest opinion, some of the background stuff between her and production company, I think that got muddy. It wasn't her on Sene Persona. It wasn't her relationship with the girls either. In my opinion, I think Maria's not on our show because of some internal stuff with the people who did the production company with that produces our show, because it's not I don't like the narrative that I see on Twitter, where uh, the girls got rid of marian and the girls got rid of Quad, none of none of these ladies can get rid of anybody there there there are individuals they can't.
Speaker 1: Then now they can.
Speaker 5: They can ask you to leave a party, they can ask you to leave Napa from their trip. But they can't kick you off a show. Only you can kick you off a show, and only you and your relationship with the people who sign your check can't get rid of you.
Speaker 1: And so and just like you know shows that you.
Speaker 5: Put on, you know, uh, there's there's there's no two people on that you pay. They can get rid of another person that you pay, You can get rid of them, but they can't. And so I just I think the narrative that the ladies bound together.
Speaker 1: To exile you know her, like like she.
Speaker 5: Was Napoleon and now she's on the island. I don't it didn't work that way. It makes sense for or somebody who watches the show. I think because people that watched the show don't think that there's a production company. They think that's real. They think everything they see is like, well, they asked Quad to leave. That's why Quad ain't back. You know, it's like, well kuhy my name be backcause Quaid didn't show up.
Speaker 1: On time.
Speaker 5: You know, QUI my name be back, because when Cod shows up, she said, I'm only here for my check, not for y'all.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: So there's a lot of stuff behind the scenes that are going on that people don't see. So but but to go full circle, I think, I think Mariah put together an amazing ensemble.
Speaker 1: I think the idea to have people who really, really actually knew.
Speaker 5: Each other to do this this this this thing was amazing and that's why we've stayed on TV for ten years because we organically worked. And honestly, I think that's why Houston didn't work. That's why La didn't work, because you were trying to and picked these weird, random people that didn't know each other and didn't bring them together. We already knew each other, and so that's why when we get mad, we get real, real mad, you know.
Speaker 1: But when we get happy, we get real happy.
Speaker 5: And that's why the longevity has been the way it's been because it's very organic. So I do give Mariah all the credit for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Mariah's amazing.
Speaker 6: I mean we're not sitting here talking to you without Mariah. And not only that, I mean to look at five of the women, the main cast women were all brought in by her. These aren't people that were auditioned by the production company. These are her people. And to Eugene's point, I think.
Speaker 5: Technically Toya introduced Heavenly to Mariah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well yeah, but it's all still it all still comes to it still all comes through Mariah. And I truly believe if Mariah was involved with Houston in LA, it might have been different, because I think her eye for reality.
Speaker 3: TV is different. She's amazing, She's amazing.
Speaker 6: But to Eugenie's point, there were some things going on behind the scenes that we had a chance to witness that wasn't pretty.
Speaker 2: She said on my podcast that there were some intense conversations and moments, you know, she did say that, Yeah, I said this show was married to Mariah because I felt like they were trying to erase history, that they were trying to ice me out. And I have to constantly fight as a black woman to be heard and to be seen and to be respected. Are those things that you guys have seen her fight to do and to be I mean.
Speaker 6: We saw those, but we also saw other stuff too, Like what cecil.
Speaker 5: I mean, well, can I I'm gonna try to say this as diplomatically as I can.
Speaker 1: I think some people just like to fight. Some people got a lot of fight in them.
Speaker 5: It doesn't mean that there's somebody on the other side that's even wanting to fight.
Speaker 1: Well that makes sense.
Speaker 6: Well let me let me let me hold on, hold on, let me let me let me say this part about it. So the other side to this, I think is we were not involved when Mariah signed her deal with the production company, So we don't know what they agreed to from a executive producer standpoint, a money standpoint, rolling out on other shows.
Speaker 3: We don't know what happened with that. But what I can.
Speaker 6: Tell you is this based on how she reacted to the production company. Whatever deal she got wasn't one that she was pleased with. And so because she wasn't pleased with her deal, when the production folks were around, she would get in the ass, I mean, and we we would actually be filming a scene, that's what, and she might say something in the camera directly to the production company and we're filming. She know that sit getting cut out, but she might say something directly to the production company like.
Speaker 3: I mean, she was.
Speaker 6: Upset and again I don't know what her deal was. I don't know if they were nigged. She might have been well within her right to be upset. I don't know, but she was. She was hot and it came off. And so if I you know, I'm a business person. You know I worked at Cocola for twenty years, Corporate America for twenty five years. If I'm running a business and someone is working for me, is what I call being insubordinate, Probably gonna let them go.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I think technically.
Speaker 2: He said it in a very concise way for all of us to get a clear picture of it.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. If you guys saw her on my podcast.
Speaker 2: She's in a beautiful place and she built the studio in MacDonough. And do you guys still keep in touch with Aiden or no?
Speaker 3: He cut us loose? I mean, and and I love Aiden. Aiden was a good guy. You know.
Speaker 6: Mariah, Mariah's family to us. I know she talked about it on your podcast. I mean her, her her aunt was our nanny, Simone delivered right right her her her son, and so I mean it was it was tough. I'm not gonna lie to you when Mariah wasn't on the show.
Speaker 3: It was hurtful. It was hurtful for me, and it was hurtful for someone.
Speaker 5: And and and I watched, I watched the podcast she did with Mariah and and I think she even alluded to it a little bit her last season. Toy and I were still in her corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, she loves Toya.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were still And to this day, I was like, I think she was wrong on a couple of things. I will always say that. And we were on her on her side that last season. But again it goes to what Cecil was saying, some of the stuff outside of the ladies, outside of all the couples. I think it's why she's not here. I just, I just I just don't like the narrative that we got rid of anybody, because that's not possible.
Speaker 1: We can't do that. I want to talk about you and Toya.
Speaker 2: Toya was on my podcast, and I love your wife, and she and I bo from Detroit, and we have this special bond. And I'm very honest with Toya. And I said to Toya, I was not happy when she would make comments about.
Speaker 1: You, which which woman we got all day.
Speaker 2: Hell listen side listen, you know how much I adore you. I was going through a family situation recently, and thank you to Toya. I reached out to her to get through you and you have been there for me for some very crucial months in my life. And I went the world to know that, from doctor Jackie to you, I will always be grateful for the love that you guys have shown me behind the scenes. And because of you, my situation has gotten better with the family member. So I wanted the world to know that I have a deep affection for you because you are You are a great man, and you are a great doctor. And when I when I spoke to Toya my podcast last year, and this is before my situation was happening with my family member, I said, I don't like the way you talked to him.
Speaker 1: I didn't like how she would make references to you having a small penis.
Speaker 5: She didn't though the ladies took okay, okay, no, nor go ahead one. She cleared it up on a recent podcast Okay she's We talked even the the day that this all came out. What she said and what the conversation was about was when you get married, it is what it is Okay. Now I know my wife and I know me. I bring up weird little references. I've done it today multiple times. We just say little stuff to get our point across. There's a little on the edge of where.
Speaker 1: We probably should now what she what?
Speaker 5: She was giving examples to the ladies, like, you get married, this ain't gonna get no different.
Speaker 1: If you be happy with what you got, because.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna get no no different, hopefully if his penis ain't gonna getting bigger. And I would say to say that her but ain't gonna get no bigger.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I watched no no, No, I watched the episode Toya sand Burbato. She said, she said, I thought when I got married, I thought that his penis would get bigger.
Speaker 1: That's not what she said. I saw it on the show. What did she got? What it back?
Speaker 5: She said, he said his penis not mine. She said his the it's not going to get any bigger. Yeah, she said his penis isn't his penis. No, she said, she said his penis isn't going to get any bigger.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: So be happy with whatever you got. Now here's the flip side.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Okay, now do you all think that.
Speaker 5: This person who claims on every green screen that I've ever done with her for the last ten years is the sexual demon.
Speaker 1: Do you think she would be with.
Speaker 5: Somebody who couldn't satisfy her? I don't think so. Toya's a very good looking woman.
Speaker 1: She is top three, the top one, of course.
Speaker 5: Okay, so so so toy is. I don't say if I couldn't do what I needed to do and was in adequate enough, yes, I don't think she'd still be.
Speaker 1: So you weren't offended by that comment when you first heard it, I didn't like.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't like the penis conversation because because I'm I'm truth be told, I'm an extra to introvert. I'm actually pretty. If you leave me alone, I could just sit and not talk to nobody. Yes, I can perform, but this ain't to me. By myself, is a pretty quiet person. So when I'm hearing that my penis is being talked about on on the reunion show, I'm not happy. You know, do I like business being thrown at me?
Speaker 1: I'm not happy? But do I know who I married? Absolutely? Was there a conversation. We have a toy, but we talked about it.
Speaker 2: What about the conversations when it comes to she's not being satisfied in the sex department.
Speaker 5: Now, no, that's now, that's that's separate, and that that actually was a journey that I and I've been very vocal about that, Like, there was a point where I think I was getting a little bit depressed, and I started when the pandemic was going on, and.
Speaker 1: Toy talked about that.
Speaker 5: I thought it was all the pandemic, but even maybe a couple years before the pandemic hit, I was starting to get a little lazy at home, kind of to myself, not really my zest for life was kind of like down. And didn't know what it was until I went to the doctor. I was like, please check my testosterone level. I was like, I'm, you know, mid forties. I was like, just check it, you know, And I think it's an important thing, I think just for men's health, you know, for us to talk about, like once a man gets to the point where they're like thirty five, sometimes your testosterone level starts to drop naturally and.
Speaker 1: You need replacement. Just like if you're a diabetic, if.
Speaker 5: You're insulin levels are down, you need to take some you know, you know, like it's a hormone and if it's down, you need to replace. My testosteronal level was like at the level of like a sixty five year old man. And so getting replaced like now I'm like, oh, I feel good again, my you know, like I can do stuff in the bedroom now. I'm losing weight now, you know. And so those are the things that like, even just doing it for myself. That's why I opened up like my clinic now, you know, Recharged Wellness, where I'm doing hormone replacement for people, doing weight loss for people, because I've lost fifty five pounds, like I feel amazing, But I get you know, like you know, marriages are up and down for all different kinds of reasons, whether it's you know, the stuff that Cecil talked about earlier, whether it's you know, somebody's got a hormone issue. There's gonna be these, you know, but you just got to figure out what the problem is and then fix it.
Speaker 1: Y'all fixed it. I was like, Okay, obviously there's something wrong with me. Let me go fix that, you know.
Speaker 5: So I don't I don't take offense that Toya was like, hey, I feel like I'm alone in this house, you know, And because that's her truth, and I had to man up and be like, Okay, yeah, you're right, you know, because I'm not as attentive, and now that I've gotten my stuff together, I'm a lot more attentive and I think a lot more engaged with all facets of the relationships. So I don't mind her saying that kind of stuff, because.
Speaker 2: You've revealed recent in a recent episode that the word divorce they come up.
Speaker 1: Why did that work come up during your marriage? Uh?
Speaker 5: We got there's a lot of ups and downs, you know, Like, like I think, for as much as we we, Toy and I are both fire science, we're both mouthy. We both think we're right all the time, and sometimes that clashes, you know. And then when you have like this a lot of external stuff, like the cheating stuff. Even though I'm like, yeah, you think the stuff bounces off you, but to a certain point, you know, it can affect you to the point where you're like, yeah, I know that's not true, but.
Speaker 1: Are we good? You know.
Speaker 5: And then when you're you're not spending as much time you got the rigmarole with the kids, you know, like you really got to re engage. And that's why this year, with like the dates that we've been doing, just kind of re engaging as a couple, I think was important. And honestly, I see on some own, just like we tried to help them, they they had an intervention with us. Uh oh yeah, this wasn't shown, but uh, you know, we got invited. We got invited to dinner when this was before this was in between seasons and nine.
Speaker 3: And yeah, between nine and ten.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, well if we had a camera, boy.
Speaker 1: So you and Simone took it upon.
Speaker 5: You and saying some other mutual friends and some other friends got got.
Speaker 1: Me and Toya.
Speaker 3: We got invited.
Speaker 5: We got invited to dinner, dinner, and it was nice dinner. And then they took us in the basement and sat us down.
Speaker 1: It was like we went in, look you to.
Speaker 5: We went in because I because I was saying, you know, and you know, once you get to you know, if you have a day of being married where you're arguing, no big deal. But when you get to the point where you're arguing for a couple of weeks, you know, obviously Toya probably was talking to someone and I'm calling see like, no, you don't done this done that talking to me any kind of way, I bet that it's not gonna happen, you know, Like then you get to the point where like, okaylet's set y'all down before this gets any worse.
Speaker 6: So we love them together, right, I mean, they they get each other. They are in my opinion, they they feed off of each other. Where I think some of what makes Toya great is some of the challenges that Eugene will push her to. Some of the things that Eugene I think gets out of his probably his safe zone, is because Toya pushes him.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 6: And to see them between nine and ten going off in different directions, I was like, wait a minute, we can't have this, and so it was.
Speaker 3: It was a spirited conversation.
Speaker 5: Now I think I think the push pushing is is the right is the right word? You know, when you when when you when you think somebody is pushing you because you feel like they have good intentions, then you're okay.
Speaker 1: With the push.
Speaker 5: But when your focus is you know, the kids, work this, that and the other, then when you get pushed and you're not paying attention to why you got pushed, you feel like it's an attack and I think for a second we felt like we were being attacked by each other as opposed to being pushed because the other person loved us and was trying to make us better. So we were fussing about stuff that was like, well, you're not helping me, Well you're not helping me. It's like, well, we actually just if we just band together, we realized that we have the same goals. You're team, You're on the same team. We just need to refocus. So that's why I was like, after a certain point in marriage, I think you really have to re engage, especially once you once your kids get to be like that preteen age when they don't need you as much. You got to re engage back into almost like a dating, courting kind of thing because your focus so much was about keeping these kids okay. And then all of a sudden, they're fine.
Speaker 1: They don't need you.
Speaker 5: You know, they wake up in the morning, go to school, they come home, they make their own food. They don't really need nothing except for some guidance on big issues. Now we're sitting in the house like looking at each other, like, okay, well, for the last five years I have new interests and she's got new interests and we're looking at each other like who are you?
Speaker 1: Who are you? You know?
Speaker 5: And so then when when the person tries to say, well you need to do X Y and Z was like, well you don't know me, you know who you to tell me?
Speaker 1: Like I you know.
Speaker 5: And the same thing with her, like I'm like I don't want to hear about tennis, you know, She's like, well I love tennis.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear about it. You know.
Speaker 5: It's like like we were just talking two different languages, you know.
Speaker 2: So you guys saw that and obviously, like you said, you were confiding him and she would confide in some own So you guys have this intervention with other couples to really save this marriage.
Speaker 6: The beauty of the del Carlos was this. When we were talking to Eugene, Toya was the one that was like protecting him. She was like no, no, no, no, no, you don't get it. When we were talking to Toya and Santoya, you can't do this, Eugene was the one Protectoya who runs. Once I saw that, I was like, okay, they good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But it's one of those like that's the beauty of having couples that knew that they've already been on that journey.
Speaker 1: They knew what we what.
Speaker 5: Was about to happen, So it was like, let's talk to y'all before it happens.
Speaker 1: You know. No, that's again. But that's why we love this show.
Speaker 2: We love the season poper Union when they rallied with you and Doctor Simone, and we love that we're able to hear that too, because look, I know you read things about your wife. People really are afraid that Toya is going to take you to the poorhouse?
Speaker 1: Is there any fear? And no, I'm gonna tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: They feel like this poor even last night when I was on Live with Doctor Heavenly. People are obsessed with this dynamic because.
Speaker 1: They feel sorry for you. They think Toya is spending all your money.
Speaker 5: Toya makes more money than I do. Right now, okay, okay, go right for for over a year time, for the last several year, buch hair, just toyo.
Speaker 7: Love, She'll go look up, get in trouble, brobably, let the run ain't no love.
Speaker 1: Let the loves more money than you?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: So how am I? How am I going broke? When she's like for the last several years she's made more money than I.
Speaker 1: Do, Doctor Eugene Harris.
Speaker 5: It's okay, now I hold my own. Don't get me wrong, Oh not at all.
Speaker 1: But it's just the show pays money. You know, the show pays Bree money, right, you know I know that.
Speaker 2: By I think the perception has been I'm gonna tell you and again I'm till you read this. They said Toya is living her best, soft life, great life.
Speaker 1: Toya wakes up.
Speaker 2: They said, Toya has the kids wake her up to say, Mama, take me to school, because Toya is in bed until twelve forty five until it's time to go to the one o'clock tennis match. And that this poor man is working around the clock to live up to Toya's standard.
Speaker 5: To clear again, let me clear up with several things. One, Toya makes a good amount of money. All the stuff Toy is buying right now.
Speaker 1: Toy paid for. Toy also pays for the boys tuition.
Speaker 5: Toy pays for all of our vacations.
Speaker 1: Toy pays for a lot of stuff in our house.
Speaker 3: Where you spilling it.
Speaker 5: Okay, got money right, Okay, So she's not broke and she's not gonna take me to the poorhouse.
Speaker 1: Okay, close your.
Speaker 5: Mouth, Carlos, It's okay, I implored.
Speaker 1: Are you using Toya bar O? Yes, I'm a capt man.
Speaker 3: That beyond that, the next.
Speaker 5: Part is whether we did this show or not, whether Toya had a million dollars a year or not, whether she was a billionaire or not. I like working. That's what I do, so it doesn't matter how much my woman makes. This is how much I want to work anyway. You know, I'm a workaholic.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was texting patients before I got here. I worked in night.
Speaker 5: Shifts in the er, still like I'm doing. I'm a hospice director. Now I do a lot, you know, but I like doing it. That's what I.
Speaker 2: Do, and you're not doing it because again the perception when not doing it.
Speaker 5: To keep a lifestyle. I'm doing it because that's what I like to do. I liked being in the hospital working. I like seeing patients. I was, you know, liked some old story. I grew up in not that great of a neighborhood in south Southeast DC. My family moved to Maryland. My all I've ever said, well, I want to be astronaut. First I saw the challenge that blow up and I was like, no, forget that, you know. And after that, I was going to be a doctor and I wanted to do this my whole life.
Speaker 1: And that's it.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing I've ever said. Nobody's ever heard me say I wanted to do anything else, So why wouldn't I do it?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm really glad we had this because again, so when you see these, I mean, listen, I used to get mad.
Speaker 5: On Twitter and be like, yeah, be like they tell you know, get a job.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're watching her job, you know. I was like, I was like, I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't fight the whole Twitter, you know. I was like, so I stopped, you know, do that. So but I mean, I like working just what I do. And Damon, I used to work with Damon in the er until you Damon will say to this day I was the happiest person he ever saw working in the YR because Damon hated it. And I would show up and I'm like, man, why are you so sad? Like this is amazing, Like don't you like doing this?
Speaker 1: This is great? You know?
Speaker 2: Doctor heavily said that you guys are renting your home and because she's a financial expert that has doctor university. She feels that you two are wasting your money. She said, y'all spend between ten and fifteen thousand dollars a month to rent a house when that money should be used in equity for a home.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what I payon. She don't pay none of my bills. I really don't care what Heavinly has to say.
Speaker 3: I mean, but the same thing that I mean.
Speaker 6: The guy on Netflix, you Know, How to Live Your Rich Life, he has a show out there and he talks about Renting has a lot of different values to it. Number one, you don't have to worry about the maintenance and upkeep.
Speaker 3: If something goes wrong, you call your landlord. Renting gives you.
Speaker 6: The ability to be able to move if you need to. It also gives you the flexibility as long as you're saving. It gives you the flexibility to not necessarily time to market, but to buy when you're ready to buy. And so, I know in our community it's always about don't rent, don't rent, But the truth is, I mean, you know, I'm a realtor now, and so in this market.
Speaker 3: A lot of people have to rent well and I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 6: I know that's not your situation, but there are people out here today's time they have to rent well.
Speaker 3: But it's not a negative.
Speaker 5: To clear up for the audience, I suppose during the ten seasons, I have owned two houses that you've seen me in, and I've been I've rented three houses, different scenarios.
Speaker 1: Why I was in all of them.
Speaker 5: When I moved to Atlanta, I was in the house in Southwest Atlanta. We got to the point where the neighborhood wasn't very safe. We were the only house on that street that did not get broken into. They had a car broken into, but the actual house did not get broken into it and Toya was like, I got these two kids, I'm moving whether you come or not. And that was like Oh. I was like, oh, we got to move. We moved somewhere that was I think a little above where we probably should have been. But the problem is was it affordable?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: But the bad part was we never really talked about this on the show. I was an assistant director at my emergency department at that time. When we moved into that big, big house with the hill, I lost that year, about one hundred and fifty thousand in revenue that year. Because that my company got rid of the assistant directorship. So I lost a bunch of money. So I'm in the house like, oh shit, what am I going to do? You know, That's when I had my tax problems, you know, like all this stuff's got a reason for it.
Speaker 1: We moved into a house.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, if I had that one hundred and fifty thousand, I'm Gucci, you know. But I moved into it. I'm already signed the paper, We're already in it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: We got an issue and so but we were very open and honest, like, hey, let's talk about budget, let's talk about this, let's talk about that, let's talk about how we need to move. I think we were a good example of what you do when you're in a financial issue for a lot of people. Moved to a smaller place, moved to a smaller place. We got our money together. We bought a house. Now the house we bought common piece of trash, if I must say so. It looked great on the surface. Everybody, everybody story closet, the two story closet was a wonderful house. There was a lot of issues that did not we didn't want to put out on a show they didn't have time to put you know, like you've heard some stuff house And the market was such that we sold it for about eight hundred thousand more than we paid for so we made a profit. I made a profit, all right. So now I'm renting until I find what I want.
Speaker 1: I think that's okay.
Speaker 5: And unless it Heavenly wants to pay some of my bills, she can just keep her opinion.
Speaker 1: I don't really care. Her opinion is just that.
Speaker 2: Look, I appreciate you guys coming through because again you don't, unfortunately get an opportunity to express yourselves.
Speaker 1: And YouTube, out of all the guys on the.
Speaker 2: Show, make the biggest impact when it comes to this show. So to have the opportunity to talk to YouTube has been great. This has been a great season. It's been a phenomenal seasoned it is on the show.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think she should stay on the show. I'll go back to the housewive.
Speaker 5: Now here's one little nugget, the only nugget I'll give for the reunion. And actually I don't think I don't know if a camera was up when I said this the pha I like Fadri for the show. But I did tell Phaedri I gave her some grace this year because because I gave Quad a.
Speaker 1: Lot of flat for being.
Speaker 5: On the show, because I again going back to what we what I loved about the show earlier was that we were all married ensemble. I loved that for us, and I wanted to keep that Moniker, and so I did give Quad some flat back in the day, I gave faed With some grace that I never brought it up this year. I said for next year, we gotta find you a man, and she said, okay.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: This was after the reunion was done. We were walking out. I was like, we gotta find you a man. If you're staying, do you think she should say I like her for the show.
Speaker 6: Okay, she's super funny. She's super funny. She is She's made for TV.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But.
Speaker 6: I kept waiting for the boyfriend. I kept waiting for the boyfriend. That's kind of how our show works. So I'm like, okay, when is the boyfriend coming around? When he didn't come around the first couple of weeks, okay, I get it. But then when I realized he wasn't coming around. It definitely changes the dynamic of our show. And Eugenia and I talk about this all the time. Is that from my perspective as a guy, you know, and the guys that I talked to, that I meet in the gym, I meet at Costco, the guys that watched the show with their wives and their girlfriends, they watch it because they love to see the dynamic of the couples. They love to see how you are dealing with your situation. And I think that this year with Phaedra and then also Quad, and you know in Quad is real private when it comes to her relationship, So she never brings a guy around on the show, so we don't get to meet anybody that she's dating.
Speaker 3: She's dating, she is dating, She's all. I mean, it's Quad, So you know she's dating.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's Quad.
Speaker 6: You know she's dating, right, I mean she is such a charismatic type that's here in Atlanta. Everybody loves her, So I know she's dating. Fadra's dating too, I'm sure, But the thing is they're not allowing that to happen on our show. And for me, as much as I love Faedra, I feel like, if she's gonna come back, we need to see who she's dating. We need to bring him into the group. We got to bring him the Cigar City Club. He got a hand out with us. We got to see what he's talking about. Same thing with Kauahid and Quad will tell you I've been telling her from the beginning, like, hey, I know you don't want to show your guy, but we got to meet him. I mean, your big brother has to meet you guys, and they you gotta let him know on.
Speaker 3: The front end. They gotta come on the show and we got to talk.
Speaker 1: And what does she say to that, She'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, they're not coming, She's not doing it.
Speaker 2: But I appreciate you two coming because again, this has been a great conversation and I'm happy to report, well, you guys can report back to your wives that this was a great conversation, beautiful conversation, but.
Speaker 1: Also much need a conversation.
Speaker 2: And also no, seriously, I am so happy you cleared the air about this perception when it comes to Toya, because.
Speaker 1: I literally and I know her.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that I spend money too.
Speaker 1: It's just no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: But I love the fact that we get to stop perpetuating this stereotype that Toya is a kept woman who spend your money and people are afraid like this poor man is about to go to the poorhouse to buy her chanel back. But I also love the fact that you are able to really speak so candidly about the struggles you face with doctor Simone and the Tammy situation and how that did affect you. Because again, a lot of men watch your show. I have a show loving marriage franchise.
Speaker 1: I'm like you the gym.
Speaker 2: I don't go to Costcos, but I do go to Target, and every once in a while if a man is in Target, because they usually aren't, you know, they do stop me and say, like, yo, I watch your stuff with my wife because my wife put me on this show. And I like the men's perspective, and I appreciate y'all perspective, and I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: But coming on reality for the King and we got to do this again.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you, We really appreciate you allowing this to happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, anytime.
Speaker 2: Marthon Medicine airs every Sunday at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: No actually.
Speaker 3: Today time slot.
Speaker 2: Marthon Medicine comes on every Sunday at nine o'clock a Central on bra BO.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the Kings.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment.
Speaker 2: It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby