Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody. You know, if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came. Hey, y'all, it's Laura le Rosa and this is the Latest with Laurence l Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and the conversations that really shake the room. I'm your host, Laura la Rosa and my Low Riders. Welcome on back, Welcome on back. How am I feeling? How are you feeling? Hello? Taylor is with me and it is right day. How you feeling today, Taylor.
Speaker 2: I'm good and I'm grateful. I'm happy.
Speaker 1: You said you got emotional earlier today. You don't get it. I be like, yo, Taylor, it's like it's like you your baby, but like you don't be like doing like regular pregnant people stuff, like you don't be hormonal, you be like you still. You don't even look pregnant.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you for saying you just have a belly and a baby. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: I know. Maybe because you're from Philly you don't get emotional. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think because I'm a tarist, but I was just like emotional more so just grateful of like where I was and where I am now and everything. Just happy for the people that's in my circle and all that.
Speaker 1: You also have a really amazing support system, like your family and your boyfriend is amazing so to be husband. I love him for you. I just love the evolution of like since I met you, like to where you are now just in your personal life, you know what I mean. It's like a I feel full for you and then feel complete and happy for you. So I can't imagine how you feel. Yeah, so heavy birthday girl. Make sure y'all go tell Taylor Tailor made it. She makes all the amazing intros for the Breakfast Club and she produces this podcast. Make sure you telling my girl happy birthday. But I feel good as well. I actually, you know, after completing this week of the Diddy Trial, I'm like, yo.
Speaker 2: I say, I know you're tired.
Speaker 1: My body is like all of this, like because my days are so much longer now, you know what I mean. But I do think that this week has really taught me a lot about like just being able to not follow the wave, like Charlotte may always be like, don't follow the wave, create the wave, and like you know, I think with the case accidentally, that's what I begin to do by just picking up my phone and telling y'all what I saw, what I heard, and how I honestly feel. Even if people are gonna be like, you're not a lawyer, you're not an handalyst, you're not this, you're not that, but it's created a like people have really been appreciating it. Like there's been so many people who've DM me like that are like, yo, we appreciate you just being honest, even if it's like you're on puff side one day, you not on his side, the next day you on Cassie side, Like they're not picking side. They just appreciate the clean reporting, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: A lot of like the allys I usually go to weren't really or they're putting certain statements up like my ass lying later you can stick to what so much like even in me trying to figure out like how to bring all the information to social media and then the breakfast club and they hear on the podcas like there's so much information.
Speaker 1: It's like where do you put what? So normally they just lean into like what the big stuff is but to me, I think everything be big. I'll be in there. Yesterday I was in there like I was watching a novella. I was like, oh, oh my god. At the court, girl, they don't even let you. Don't want you eat and that you're not supposed to eat. You give it your gum in there. Yeah, it's it's like a thing, especially if you're in the main courtroom. But yes, so I'm feeling, you know, a little tired, But I'm also in a space of gratitude. I've been like that for some time now though, Like I'm in a really good place. So I'm feeling I'm reciprocating your energy, Tailor. I appreciate all the good, good vibes you've been sitting in my way.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, let's take it to the courts, because I need to know, yes, cause you know your.
Speaker 1: Girl love to take you out of court. Lot to take y'aut a court, so man. Yesterday was Cassie's first day of cross examination, which is where a Diddy's defense team gets to ask her some questions about things she said on the sand and things that she might not have said yet that they feel like the people we should know, the people of the jury should know. I feel like she was up there looking crazy, like, you know, I still I empathize for her, you know, and all of the abuse that she had to endure. And you know, I was really sitting there yesterday, like ma'am, or the day before yesterday, when she talked through all of the abuse, like the physical and mental abuse and things of that nature, and they were showing us photos of her her bruises and her basically like her battle wounds from this man, and I'm like, she did all of that and it would put on makeup right after literally right after sometimes and go stand next to him and smile and like everything was okay. She held it so much in for so long I cannot imagine being her, Like I can't imagine being her at all. So to see her on the stand now and then I feel like the prosecution didn't protect her in the way that they should have yesterday, and it was like insane to me, Like I'm just gonna really quickly go down the list of the things that they debunked. Tell her. You can ask me questions you had, but I really wanted to talk about today, just you know how her personal sex life, not even with the escorts, but like you know, her dating Michael B. Jordan. You know a lot of things she did Michael Jordan, she did they Michael be Jordan, But like a lot of these things yesterday when we were talking to her attorney after court, make sure y'all visit my instagram Laurna Rosea, my YouTube channel Lawrena rose A TV where that interview is. He her lawyer admitted it's hard for him to hear a lot of this stuff, and I'm like, I can't imagine what some conversations is gonna be like after this court case is over, because yeah, because that's I always went on.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she told him everything because.
Speaker 1: I feel like, maybe not this in depth because wow, I mean.
Speaker 3: It so bad, But like, why would you like because how she's putting it out there seems like, you know, she's a victim, and I'm not saying she's not, but I'm just saying he only knows one side, so now them reading the other.
Speaker 1: Other side of her. That's what I was thinking about, Like, you know what, I wonder how she positioned it to him because they're so yesterday on the stand, there are a lot of different things that they you know, I want to say call her up on, but I think it was MRCAO. They showed the other side of it, and it did make her look and it made her testimony the day prior it looked a bit crazy. So the biggest thing was there were so many text messages that came out. So it was one from two thousand and nine where she had text puffin and they were having conversations about the free calls, and she said, I'm always down to free call. She talked about how aggressive she wanted the you know, their sexual encounter to be when they linked up. There were text messages because there were text messages from the March fifth, twenty sixteen incident, which was where she we saw her be beat on video in the Enter Continental Hotel in la and when the prosecutors gave us some background context via her interview with them, they use text messages specifically from March fifth, like just that day and a few of them. Diddy's team came in on her cross examination yesterday and took it all the way back to the third right, March third. When I tell y'all, it painted such a different picture of you know, I'm not saying that the beating was okay, they haven't even gotten into that yet as on her cross examination, But it painted a different picture as to just the lead up, right, because we were under the impression, according to her testimony, that the lead up looked like her just doing this freak off because she had alleged that she had a big movie premiere coming up and she didn't want to have it ruined, so she just pleased. She wanted to please Diddy that weekend so that everything would be good on Monday. The way that the text messages were in full when you backed it up to the third But again, we only see in a couple of days, right, so there could be where that cut came out she initiated the freak offf situation. Puff allowed. He was telling her, since you want to do this, since it's your freak off, you pick it, you tell tell me who you want, how you wanted to go. We should chield up because you got your big movie premiere Monday. Let's not get too high. Let's let's go to bed early so we can rest. I didn't, y'all. I was like, what is happening? This is so different and why would the prosecution even allow that to go down. But I'm like, you know, maybe they maybe they got to come back to that, because that literally is only one day in a few conversations out of a ten eleven year relationship, and we know that there was abuse. We know that he did. Now we know that he did threaten to expose videos and things of that nature, because they showed that in text as well. But it came out on the stand that because they were trying to, you know, color in the narrative that Cassie was very jealous of Puff and you know other women he was dealing with, including kim Porter, the late Kimporter, who was the mother of the twin girls that he has in Christian Combs, and the woman Gina, who was a woman that he was dealing with toward the end of his in Cassie's relationship, and she says that Gina was one of the biggest problems. That's why their relationship ended, right, So they're trying to pin her out to be jealous and low key without saying it. They were trying to make out to be this like whoror who was like a liar and all these things, and I'm like, oh my god, not after we just spent a day talking about how she was being dragged up and down hotel rooms and knots on her head or whatever. But again, it's court, so you gotta you want to go in for your side of it. So I'm just sitting there watching and they bring up she was filming a movie in South Africa, and they mentioned an actor that she was dealing with on that movie set, and I knew that it was not gonna be Jordan because I've been told this, and I told the guys on the show this not on the shows. It was behind the scenes of the show about a week ago, and we were having a conversation about whether we should have reported it or not at that time, because the world didn't know at that time, and we made the decision not to report it because I just didn't understand why bringing a woman's past sexual history to try and soften her the victimization that she did experience, right. But I think.
Speaker 2: Then they also say that, you know, did he introduce her to oral sex?
Speaker 1: I think that's the foss yo. They did say that, and they brought up Ryan Leslie, who was also an older man, and they were doing that to paint the picture of like no, you had a type the people that could help you with your career older, you knew what you were doing. That's what they were. They didn't say that, but everything about how they set that up said that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying she was sexual being. I don't feel like did he introduced.
Speaker 3: Her to I mean, maybe the other stuff, maybe even like the freaks whatever they did, but I don't think.
Speaker 1: And That's been his whole argument the whole time. That's been Diddy's argument the whole time of like, you know, I am, I have a different sexual lifestyle and sexual choice, and I'm basically a swinger, and we were really high and really drunk under the influence. I don't even know some of the stuff I was doing. That has been one of his defenses. But what they're trying to what Diddy's team is trying to distance him from, is is that he coerced or he forced, you know, like a Cassie and all these other people to be a part of these freak go off situations. And I feel like yesterday did a really good job for Diddy's team did a really good job yesterday of backing him away from this like man who was forcing and coercing people to do these things.
Speaker 2: It really, yes.
Speaker 1: He's going to come off very violent when we spend a whole day talking about how he beat this woman up. I didn't know you had heard rumors. And I used to work for a woman who she worked for Puff for a long time. She was like one of the Puff's first employees. She then created a company in the wine and spirits area that helped him do marketing and branding around the Rocks. So I worked for her for a while, so I got to be around and see things and experience things. And you had heard a lot about their being alleged abuse physical abuse with Cassie. But I promise y'all what we saw in court the day before her cross examination, I didn't know it was that bad. Like it was so messed. I wanted to cry for her, and I'm just seeing and hearing about it. Right, So we go through that full day and then she comes back on standing. Now they're making her out to be this like, Okay, we know that that happened, we've already apologized, we've already taken accountability. But let's get into you, miss girl. That's what it was given. And I'm like, man, her husband is in the courtroom up until a certain point once they started talking about twenty eighteen and on, he's not there anymore because he also might have to testify.
Speaker 2: So it's their reactions.
Speaker 1: So I wasn't in the actual court room yesterday. I was in the overflow room, which is where you could just watch it on television, so I can still see them. From what I could see of Puff, his body language and his demeanor way different yesterday. But it was very obvious that his team was doing a good job yesterday. The day before that, at one point I saw him poor water and his hand was shaking like bad. Way more relaxed yesterday, like you could tell that his team felt like they did what they needed to do yesterday. His team is asking for more time with Cassie because her last situation, her last cross examination, is supposed to be completed by today, and it's you know, because she's pregnant and at this point she could go any day, you know what I mean. The judge is trying to make sure that they don't put too much on her and they get her in and out. But Diddy's team yesterday made it a point to say and they said it about three times in court. Cassie is the most important witness and her cross examination is the most important thing for his case. So they're like, if you need more time, judge, you got to allow it. And the judge agreed. He said, look, if it's substantial and it makes sense, I'll give you more time. But if not. You knew for a long time now that today, Friday the sixteenth, was going to be her last day where she could be questioned by you guys. You should have been you know what I mean, you should have guided your your questioning better. So we'll see what happens. But man, her and her husband gonna have some conversations after this, because I mean, she she was doing it with her guy. Though there were some things that came out in court. I was like, ooh, I wonder if they talked about that, Like what else just freaky stuff like there were there we was so for instance, like you know, the way that a lot of the freak outs were positioned in the beginning was like she didn't want to do them, She did not enjoy them. They were making her physically sick. She had sores in her mouth, she was getting UTIs all the time that she couldn't heal because she was having sex so much, like there was just no regard for her being at all, and she had no choice because of how battered, bruised and be in and and drugged.
Speaker 2: Up she was.
Speaker 1: She even threw, you know, she admitted that she willingly took drugs. But at the same time, they kind of made it seem like almost like a Bobby and Whitney situation, that like it was because of her relationship with Puff that she started doing it, and she only did it with him, right, Even they even burst that bubble yesterday and talked about how, you know, Diddy did od at one point, which we did not know, but she was worse off on drugs than him at some points, and she talked about how Cassie talked about how Puff had to call some local drug dealers and tell them you'll stop serving her. She's doing too much. I'm trying to get her back, right, But there was a lot of different sexually explicit things that they couldn't even read in the courtroom because it was just the different text messages that they would explain. And she had sent the text, you know, saying I'm always down a free call. She had sent text messages talking about how she wanted to be fucked.
Speaker 3: What was that early when versus like I'm trying to understand the timeline, It was different.
Speaker 1: It was different because like one text like that I'm always down a freak off was two thousand and nine. The conversation leading up to the Intercontinental Hotel moment was twenty sixteen. There were even moments, you know after that, like like following that beating, the beating conversation where you know they had exchanged some you know what I'm saying. And remember she alleged on the stand the day before her cross examination that her and Puff had went to dinner and then you know, she alleged that he raped her in her apartment, but then she went back to see him the following week, Right, So, I think that there's going to be more that the defense brings out as far as like, because they were also painting the timeline of like so you would go do a freak off with Puff and then leave that same day after the freakoff and then go to kit Cutty and then and then you being Connecticut with Kit Cutty, break it off with kit Cutty, and then you go right back with Puff, or you would be like they were trying to do that whole thing. Like, so, I know that they're going to lean into more of her sexual activities because what they're trying to prove is this was consensual. She wasn't forced, she was into it. Sometimes she was a choreograph for herself. That's what they're going to lean into. And I just, man, when her attorney said, and we have the clip, we can insert the clip, imagine your man having a find out because some of the stuff too, she might not have remembered. They were so high. Yeah, they were so high. She had to understand yesterday some stuff from twenty seventeen. She said that whole time period is so like they just were moving and grooving and getting high at that point, which I will say corroborated the defense that did he tried to set for himself of like, yo, I was so high. Some of the stuff she didn't even count. And she said in twenty seventeen, a lot of that stuff from that whole year, she can't even remember certain things. They were so high.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, So do you think that she can be charged too. I can't guess earlier be good charge.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know that. I don't know that she can or she can't indefinitely to be able to say, I will say. I've been asking that question to, you know, some people who would know, and I was told that there may have been a conversation with her about immunity from what the prosecutors, which would mean she can't be charged. But I don't know that one hundred percent. Yeah, I am trying to figure that out. Though. I am trying to figure that out. It's like, ain't none in the world happening, But Diddy, I don't know if just because I'm in court, do you feel like do you I mean.
Speaker 3: Between between him and the d DG and Hallie and now was Tory Lanez and Megan.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's all court stuff, all craziness, all craziness, man, y'all. I want to all y'all have been so interactive with all of my content I am posting. People are like, yo, when are you posting videos for the podcast? I'm like, I've been posting videos almost every single day and then we do a separate audio, so y'all are getting both. So I'm doing it, but I think I'm really I thank you guys A lot for engaging. Keep tweeting me. Let's talk about it this weekend. I'm gonna be catching up on a lot of like the conversations and the comments and you know, all those things. I'm just I'm so thankful for y'all my audience here at the latest with Laurna Roads. Are the low riders, y'all be riding for me too. They'd be trying to get on me about child. I said, prosecution did there big one? People call me ignorant. That's how I talk. I don't know what you want me to do what because I'm supposed to be in adult who talks better than that. Who knows? I don't know. I don't know what it's given, but it ain't given ignorant over here, Okay, I'm very very well spoken. Yes, and the prosecution did do their big one period well that day they the day after that they didn't. It was very little. Anything they did yesterday was little. So yeah, that has been the latest with Laura and Rosa. Y'all, we gonna let tell it. Let go because it's her birthday and she needs to go back to work there. We'll see you guys in the next episode. I tell you every episode because I really mean it. At the end of the day, there is always so much going on and so much to talk about. Y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about it, but you are right here with me every single episode, and I appreciate y'all. Let's keep going strong, Litwriders. Bring the people on in the community, Okay. Invite your homegirl, invite your bro. Everybody's asking about Viddie and let them know I'm right there. I'm in the courthouse. I can bring y'all all the details right here on the podcast to invite them. Tell a friend, to tell a friend it's the latest with Lauryna Rosa. I will see you guys in my next episode.