Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up, Brooklyn Buys.
Speaker 2: Start up Up, dot Up.
Speaker 3: They making noise dot up, start.
Speaker 2: Up up, dad us dot Up Episode two seventy five of the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Hello David Brody, Hello Scary Jones. Two hundred and seventy five. That's a big number. I guess it's a tremendous number. Play that number, two seventy five. Has anyone ever played the episode that we were up to that day in the lotto? And did we joke about it? We did, as ever said they played it in one How crazy.
Speaker 4: Would it be?
Speaker 2: We should look at all of the state's lottos all around the country and see which lottery maybe even come close to seventy five. Well, it's there's one hundred. I mean it's a lot. Yeah, it's a lot. Yeah, yeah, yeah, alright, anyway, every town's gotta you know, we're good to good luck if again we at ten percent, yeah yeah yeah, give us a give us our money. Hey, I want to send an early shout out to uh a slice uh huh. So you know, I sell stuff on Facebook and I have some Facebook stories which I'll give you later. And by the way, I'd like to apologize to you, scary before I forget that I'm like an hour and twenty minutes late to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's up with that?
Speaker 2: You have me sitting here just pulling my pod for an hour and a half and I can see you weren't fixing the pile of papers on your table in that time. No not. Then have you turned on the camera an hour and a half ago, you'd have seen me pulling my pod. Oh boy, I'm kidding. So something happened. I went for a minor medical thing. I'll explain later, but it went off the rails and I'm gonna some of the stuff I'm gonna tell you about. That's right, Yeah then then then okay, anyway, so I'm gonna tell you the story like you're embellishing that.
Speaker 4: Nope, Nope.
Speaker 2: At some point I thought I was gonna die because the person told me to do something that would kill me. But I'll tell you that, I promise, But I want to shout out going back to I said I saw something on Facebook marketplace, as I often do, and I meet the person in the parking lot that I choose to meet people. And I have a few that I choose, but this one was was near the area where I thought I was going to be. So I said, oh, let's meet in this parking lot on the side. I tell him where you meet? Hold on, you have a regular meeting spot for people that you don't want to know where you live? Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know who this person was.
Speaker 4: It's like a tipic.
Speaker 2: It's like it's almost like your spot, like meet me at our spot, Like that's a spot spot. Yeah. So I say, do me favorite. When you get there, I want you to pull in, pull around the fast food facility right and park on the left side. There's an open area park there. And he tells me what kind of car he's in. For the sake of his conversation, I'll say it was a a green rat four okay, and I I saw I pull in now. By the way, we had a whole communicat about you know. He haggled me for the price, right, he wanted to five dollars less, and I was like, it's fine, but not when we got there. This is beforehand we arranged on a price. We went back and forth. So we had a bunch of communications and Facebook Messenger or whatever. I verified his profile that he's a legitimate person. And when I get there, there's a green suv parked on the right side when you first pull in, over by the trash dumpster, like where this fast food place puts their crap. Yeah. So I'm like, well, that can't be him, because I sit and meet me on the left, and I see on the left there's another green suv. So I'm like, all right, that must be over there. So I pull around and I park next to the green suv and it's not a rep for just similar and he's not in the car. No one's in it. So I back up and all of a sudden, I see the car that was parked by the dumpster pull out and pull up next to me. So the guy gets out and I said, hey, you his name is his nickname because he has a name that's a less Americanized name. So he goes by Nemo, like finding Nemo. He says, I'm Nemo. I said, Amo, nice to meet you. I'm David, and I give him the merchandise and I said, well, why were you talked over by the girl a garbage dump? So he says, well, I didn't know if you were a legitimate person, so I wanted to see you pull up first.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: So he was hiding behind the dumpster. Dude like to make.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 4: I just think maybe he was wearing a Brooklyn Boys T shirt.
Speaker 2: You know, scary. Did I tell you the story? No? Okay, well that's the funny part what I said, Well, I'm legitimate, I said, you know, so he says, I said, you know, you could have looked at my my profile picture. You could have seen and he says, holy shit, you're you're David Brody. I said, yeah, that's my name. Okay, on it gets better, I said. He he goes, I'm a slice. So I I said, show, it's so nice.
Speaker 4: To meet you.
Speaker 2: He goes, I had no idea who you were. That's why I was hiding behind the dumpster. I didn't know if you were a legit person. It didn't the name, didn't like it didn't ring a bell. He says, look, and he unzips his coat. He's wearing the few as Scary. He's wearing the few a seventies. I'll send you the picture. I'm gonna send you the picture right now. He's wearing the f you Ape seventy seven. Shirt, and I said, come on, man, you had to know it was me. He said, absolutely not. This is my Sunday get shit done around the house shirt. And I happen to be wearing the shot. He's wearing a Brooklyn Boys T shirt. He's wearing a Brooklyn Boys T shirt. So I said, come on, he goes, I swear to god, I wear this shirt. My wife yells at me all the time because I wear this shirt all the time. And and I I'll download the picture. Hold on, wait a second, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. This guy did business with you, yep, and he knew your name was Brody or David and you guys I've spoken before, so I feel like he might have we wore the shirt on purpose knowing it's you. No, because he was hiding behind the dumpster. Do you need to tell me? This was like a coincidental random moment where a slice you caught him wearing our shirt and he had no clue he was coming to meet you, David Brody, to do the transaction. He says, he wears it every Sunday.
Speaker 4: Have you ever.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, do you have David in your name that you sell? Yes, it's my name, it's my Facebook account, which he definitely knew was you.
Speaker 4: You're David Brody.
Speaker 2: Scary. The other guy I sold something to a couple of weeks ago. Uh, he didn't know it was me. This guy knew. This guy listens to the podcast and he's a slice. Yeah, it is wearing a Yankees hat. If he was if he knew, I wouldn't wear Yankee hats. Here's the thing, this this guy, he didn't look at my name. Clearly knew, clearly look at my name. He didn't pay attention. He didn't pay tell you that David Brody was selling him merch like nope, okay, So because he would have mentioned it in the chat, he would have said something like, hey, I'm legitimate.
Speaker 4: You know, I know who you are.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan. Said nothing. Nothing. He said his wife liked the thing and he wanted to buy the thing. Okay, sought he wanted this amount of money, talked me down in price.
Speaker 4: Were you talking on the phone or no? In the chat?
Speaker 2: In the chat yeah, Facebook Messenger.
Speaker 4: They swore you David Brody in the chat.
Speaker 2: No, I don't say I'm David Brody. That's the name on the chat. You don't pay attention to it. If you're just buying ship that you'd never think i'd be selling. Yeah, but heyway, So he knew he was going to meet you, so he wore the ABE seventy seven Brooklyn boys. Taer was going to meet me. Otherwise he wouldn't have been behind the dumpster hiding. He didn't, but he knew, Wow, he saw my car. He knows what kind of car I have because I talk about it all the time. Yeah, He's like, I saw your car. So I knew it was you like I because I said to him, I'll be in a black car, a Dodge. I told him I'd be pulling up in a black doge Dodge. He knows he's a slice. He knows you drive it dog. No, no, no, I told him no. I told him as I was. When he said I'm at the place, I said, great, what kind of car do you have? It was he was already there when I told him what kind of car I had, and I said, I'll be in a black Dodge and he I'm in He said, I'm in a green suv in a in a green rat four And I said, okay, great, So I I knew he didn't know my car beforehand. I only told him a kind of car when I said, great, I'll be there in eight minutes, because I'm driving in that direction, I'll be there. I'm in a black car, a black dog. Now did he pay you more for the merch? Knowing you he should have?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean this is David Brody selling it to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, well, actually, did you give him a break because he was a slice wearing a T shirt? No. I had already lowered the price for him because he haggled me, so he didn't try and do it on the spot. The same way the guy from the East Scooter got my No, got the right that once he knew it was me, he knew he wasn't gonna haggle me. Oh yeah, there's you have a reputation, you know. Wow. Yeah, so shout out to Nemo. What's up? You found me a picture together? We found Nemo. That's great.
Speaker 4: So how about that?
Speaker 2: Well, your scooter guy knew who you are. Yeah, that's true, but we knew that going in. I know, I think this guy is a closet fanknews you the whole time, wore the shot to impress you and then pretend to make him a closet fan. I'm not sure what that what that means. I mean if a closet fan meaning like I'm not I'm gonna pretend like I don't. Okay, then he was an undercover fan. He was a undercover fan. Undercover. Yeah, all right, well heymo. If you're listening, you can DM Scary. Oh, by the way, I like I like Nemo. Yeah, Well, were we gonna ask me Brody? I was going to ask you if you saw the DM I photed you. Uh when did you vote? Yes? Yes? I want to Can we address that here?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scary. On the last episode, Scary mentioned that they took my dollar six comment and story and told it on the air without me being there.
Speaker 4: That is correct.
Speaker 2: Now, if you heard Scary's audio, go back and listen. So it's Friday, whatever Friday, the last Friday of October was, So the twenty seventh, eighth, ninth, whatever that was. Go listen to the elvistre and on demand channel. And it's around the ninety minute mark, like it's at the almost end of the show, last hour of the show, and he tells the story and he mangles all the facts and I'm not there to defend myself, and everyone in the room is sort of like that typical brody whatever. But so Scary says to me, dude, you got to listen to it. Elvis Scare is a big plug for the podcast, did a great job plug in the podcast. Yeah, So I said, oh, I'll listen to it. That's great. If Elvis plugged the podcast, that'll be new listeners. In fact, last week, Scary started the podcast by saying, welcome all the new listeners. So I'm like, wow, this must have been some great plug. And Elvis is great at selling things. If he's talking up our podcast, yeah, then it must have been great. Probably got a ton of new listeners. So I go listen to the clip and he says, so, Scary, you guys have a new episode coming out, and Scary goes, yeah, we're actually we're recording today Friday. And so I just goes, oh, great, So where can they find the podcast? And Scars oh, And then Elvis says what are you eating? Because Elvis was working from his home studio and Scary was in front of Elvis's gold mic or his mike. I don't know if it's gold anymore, but in front of his mic and now he was brown and rusted because I spit into it. Yeah, so so Scary goes, oh, meeting corn nuts, and then Danielle or Gandhi says, it's my fault. I gave it to him.
Speaker 4: He goes, oh, I love corn nuts. Good boom, and.
Speaker 2: Then Elvis says, Scary, you don't realize you spit on my microphone. You gotta get your own microphone. I don't want you spiting on my microphone. You always do a lot of time and scars are like, oh so good, and then everyone talks about corn nuts and then we never get to the actual plug of the podcast, and then you go into a commercial or song and it was forgotten. So, first of all, I don't know what promotion you're talking about. That Elvis promoted the podcast. He did mention it. And I'm not faulting Elvis at all. It's just you made it seem like Elvis went on and on about the podcast, but you interrupted him when your fucking corn nuts. So I get a DM love cor Love Corn, Love Corn, Love Corn. Right, but it's right, love corn. So I get a DM from love Corn and Instagram it says, oh, David, we love you on the show with such fans. We're so happy what you mentioned us on the show Friday. Wait a second, you have mentioned you didn't mention them. I mentioned we'd love to send you all the cases of love corn. Thank you so much. So I wrote back and I said, thanks, I'll take it. So they're sending me all this love corn. I sent you the message. You could see it. I see it, I'm reading it. Yeah, they think I made the mension, so I'm getting all the love corn.
Speaker 4: Hi, David, thank.
Speaker 2: You for the plug on the Morning show last week. That was great. I would love to send you some samples to enjoy. Let me know the best address to reach you. Love Missy the co founder of love Corn. And then you wrote back, thank you so much, well, and I gave I gave her my address. Wait, you bastard, But it wasn't you.
Speaker 3: It was me.
Speaker 2: I was trying to promote out a poor podcast and then I was chewing on the love corn and then Elvis interrupted me, and then Elvison, what are you chewing on my I'm eating love corn right what the fuck? Yeah? But you told my story on the air, so now I'll take you a popcorn. We're even the universe is in balland you're a pakisted but love corn dude. How about that Glen Boys podcast.
Speaker 8: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: So the question is scary from before the commercials. What else can you mention on the air that I could use? Well, I mean, I don't know. That's a great question. Yeah, maybe talk about the new electric Dodge charger coming out.
Speaker 4: Maybe get one of these?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would you know, something proady that will actually go over really well? What else?
Speaker 4: What else do you need? You need a new house?
Speaker 2: I could No, I don't need a new house the moment. I could use maybe a seventy five inch TV. I'm in the market bigger you are. You are a pig for electronics. Oh my god, you really are. That was all that was only I've told you. I've said this before. We didn't have a lot of money growing up. My father was a police officer. He made, you know, a decent salary, good salary, but not like we are. Were never rich, middle class, blue collar family, right.
Speaker 4: We grew up from people.
Speaker 2: Some people bought fancy cars with with whatever money they had, they saved up your fancy clothing or what on expensive trips. We drove old shitty cars and didn't have expensive clothing. But my father would always buy the best VCR, the best stereo, the best TV he could find. He would save up for, and so we always had really good electronics. So even though the chair I was sitting in had rips in it, that TV was always the best. You love it. So that's so that's where my value system is is a skewed because I love a good TV. I love a great TV. I go to best Buyer Costco sometimes and I just stare, and I go look at the four K, look at the and I know it's only the program they're showing that looks that good because it's on a loop, and when I get home it's not gonna look like that, But I still go. Oh. I gotta say, though, TVs have come such a long way so quickly, and the technology changes every year less than a year. There's no frigging way that a TV is ever worth the price you're paying, because you're you're paying for the top model with all the latest bells and whistles, and now six months later, that same screen that you have, now you've now mounted on your wall and your prize possession, it drops to half the price and something newer has come out. You can't keep up with television technology. There's always something else, right, But you can, Like a phone, you can you every few years, you can upgrade. Look, when you buy a TV, you're stuck in that point in time, right, you buy the top of the line, most advanced television in twenty twenty three. Granted someone like me, I'm not going to get a new TV for five six years. So, but it's it's great technology. And then when a new technology comes down in price in five or six years, I'll consider getting a new TV. My TV is stuck by seventeen. That's yours is older but not not not out of touch it. No, it's not a four K. You don't have Ultra HD UltraHD you got that. I have UltraHD in one of my TVs.
Speaker 4: Dolby Most. I see that one a lot, don't.
Speaker 2: That's the sound system, yep, sons of bitches, you gotta get it. Yeah, I have the last new TV I got. I got I got with PC Richardson gift cards that I won from the sales team for doing something for them. They gave me gift cards, so I was able to get a TV from PC Richard's son and I got a good deal. So that that was the last TV I got, which is like five years ago, I think the one in my living room. Hey, first of all, I want to a shout out to the Slices in jennif of course, and then a fuck you to you David Brody. Oh, I don't like that in the same sentence recording my Halloween costume. Oh, I wanted to bring that up. O. So, yeah, well let me let me bring this up because I want, first of all, you know the debacle I went through with the costume where it didn't come a time I had a double wader and film yourself so I so I it was the way wacky waving, inflatable arm, fleiling tube man. Yeah. War to work yesterday and people were like the Slices, especially like dude, why you why are you so down on yourself? That's a great costume. I think you win Halloween. It was easily one of the best ones I've seen. And I'm like, that's kind of cool. I like that, it's very nice of you. And then I opened up a DM from David Brody and it's just one word terrible, terrible. Yeah, it was terrible, terrible?
Speaker 4: What what was terrible about it?
Speaker 2: We did a whole podcast last week where you said it was terrible.
Speaker 4: I thought it was terrible.
Speaker 2: But you know, beauty, I guess you know, the beauty is in the eye of the slice. Well, the slices will be nice to you. That's not my job. Why is it a terrible costume? Then? Because they were having me believe that it wasn't terrible after all, but now you just put me right back in there. And because you said it was pajamas and when I saw it, it looked like jamas, right at least? So your your your your costume. You're you're trying to you're pretending to be wacky, waving inflatable tube, flailing to get that guy. And so that guy is made a nylon and waves in the wind. Right, yes, So what they should have done was made the custom at a nylon give you extended long arms, like maybe with sticks in them or some kind of handle that you could wave your arms and have like long arms like the thing does. But instead you look like a bad human torch comic character. You're in a red pajamas with it like a thing on your head like looks like flames, and everyone around you. Trevor had a great costume. Gandhi looked fantastic as the sumo wrestler, and you're like, hey, guys in my pajamas. So because you said it was bad, I was giving credence. I was validating your feelings. See that's the kind of guy I am. I validating feeling. Most people thought I was McDonald's French fries because it looked like French fries coming out a yellow French fries look at the top, and also looked a little like a thin heat miser from the old Christmas shows. Yes, I remember that well anyway, like if people come to go oh. Deanna who does our production, was looking at me on camera and she thought it was French fries because it was it was like the red McDonald's container with yellow fries hanging out. And she saw me behind the desk and she saw sa L and instead of E.
Speaker 4: She thought it was sa L T like salt, like fries salt.
Speaker 2: I don't know she thought it was.
Speaker 4: She thought it was French fries.
Speaker 2: You know what you didn't see? What was your What was your costume? David Brody, what did you dress up as I didn't dress up this year. Here's what I did do. I sold all my costumes from the previous years on Facebook, so I made a little money. I put out my giant inflatables outside my house, set them up right, got I got my one bag of Reese's peanut butter ghosts and goblins and bats from Target. And one person rang my doorbell at six fifteen dinner time, by the way, which I understand kids have to go to bed, but that's kind of tacky to ring someone's doorbell at six o'clock.
Speaker 4: What are you talking about. That's that's trick or tree.
Speaker 2: Time, din a time. No, no, anyway, the one kid comes wrong. I opened the door, I hold my dog's back, and he's a little kid, and I don't know what kind of custom he was in. It looked like he was wearing a coat like I couldn't even it wasn't even like a costume. I don't even know what he's wearing. And I go hello, he goes trick or chy, and I go absolutely, and I put the treat in his bag, and he turns around and walks down the steps. His father's on his father's on my driveway and he goes, hey, thank He goes, thank you, sir. I go yeah. He goes, hey, Mikey, did you say thank you to the man? And Mikey puts his head down and the guy looks at me. He goes, do he say thank you? And I go, oh, you're out of about. He goes, you say thank you to him. He turns in and goes thank you out and he walked away. So I had one trick or treater last night and I didn't get a thank you out of him originally, so I was, oh, for one, but I gave him the one. Now here's the thing, though, I now I have a ninety nine percent bag of Reese's peanut but while I should say ninety six percent, I had a couple last night of the recent peanut butter bats and goblins and whatever whatever it is. So I only buy candy I'm gonna eat because I know it's not gonna go anywhere to live on a cul de sac. I take exception with what you said earlier that six o'clock treating. Trigger treating is tacky and it's dinner time tricker. No, trigger treating is anytime after school three till like nine pm. Five o'clock. They don't know what time you eat dinner. What if you're a senior citizen and you eat at five o'clock, dinner around six at six o'clock is dinner time.
Speaker 6: Nah.
Speaker 2: I wasn't upset about it. I just thought like, hey, I'm sitting down to eating, like bing bong, doors going. I'm like, oh, was ringing my doorbell? I remember it was. I didn't even remember it was. Yeah, you are awful. I didn't have any trigger treaters. You know, because I got I didn't sign up. I didn't sign up. Yeah, because you're in an apartment building, you have to sign up for that ship. Yeah. I went to uh to our pharmacy. It was Walgreens. Remember because everyone knows that the guy signed us up for Walgreens and then quit went to work for Walgreens.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I had to get right. So I went to get my prescription for something and and she goes.
Speaker 4: Here you go happy Halloween.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this isn't candy, this is drugs. Can I get some candy. She's like, oh no, well we have his prescriptions. Like that's a bummer. That's a bummer, I said, So why I came up and said trick or treat, you give me a you give me medicine. Just no, okay, should.
Speaker 4: There be an age limit for trigger treating?
Speaker 2: I mean when we were kids, we would dress up and then uh, then we left, we stopped for a while, and what we we just do the shaving cream. And I feel like if you drive your own car to go to trick or treat, you're too old. Yeah. Well, my buddy, well bold freak Ronnie and my friend Scott Barnhill, they decided in college to just bring back the tradition that they remembered as teens.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: And they were like in college and they were dressed like really fucking scary, and they would show up what seventh, eight o'clock at nights? Nickname is he?
Speaker 3: Barney?
Speaker 2: What's his nickname?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 2: Didn't have one? Anyway, does that have a job. The two of them got dressed up. The two of them got dressed up in like some creepy outfits and started ringing doorbells looking for candy trick or treating.
Speaker 4: No, this was several years ago, but they.
Speaker 2: Were well into their twenties and they just thought it would be fun to as a throwback to let's go go tricker treating relived their childhood? Well it they didn't go so well because people see two grown ass men with no kids around them, you know, ringing the bell. They ain't get no treats. They got nothing, They got nothing. If I see two twenty five, twenty eight year old guys coming to the door dressed like mass murderers, I feel like, no, you.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't the door right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, because again, if I want to see some kids with them, then I'm the whole family's doing it. I get it right. But if it's two guys going to trick or treat where I opened the door, I'm not doing that. Well they did, they tried. Where'd your podcast? We heard you got a nice TV? Opened the door? It was an experiment.
Speaker 4: It failed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but officer, we said trick or treat. We gave them a trick. We mugged them. So you so you think by the time high school was over, so is trick or treating or before that? You know, what is it going to be? All upset? And you guys can leave talk backs in your opinion on this, but I feel like, hmm, I feel like seventeen, this should be like your last year yeah, yeah, like nowadays, I think seventeen year olds are too cool for that. I think most seventeen year olds are like, I'm not going to go out trick. That's for kids. Yeah, I think I think you set your own. I don't think there's an age limit. I think it's a maturity level, and I think it's a it's your peers what they're doing, right, you know, and if they're hanging out at seven eleven or McDonald's or whatever, then that's what they do. You hang out with them.
Speaker 4: You have a trick of treating.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know our boy Nate straight in Nate, he left the candy in a big thing right up front, said, you know, on our system, take take one whatever.
Speaker 4: He wasn't home.
Speaker 2: Well, he looked on his ring camera or whatever that he had there and saw one little bastard, one little twerp, take the fucking ball and dump the whole goddamn thing in his bag and Rann, we have it. He has it captured. But he don't know who the kid is. No, he doesn't know that kid. Look at it and he showed it to us today. It was actually very funny. So I said, look, if I could patent a new a new device, a new item, something an invention. It would be something similar to the device that you have when you have a dog or a cat and you have that little treat.
Speaker 4: Dispenser at home.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine one of those on your front porch when you're not home, and then you could say, you know, trick or treat, you see what it is, and start like shooting fucking candy at them. I go, then you hit some kid in the eye and he sues you. That would be great, though, like a trick or treat, like a dispenser from like a remote dispenser from when you're not home. So the phone, so the doorbell rings, you see it on your phone and you're like, huh okay, all right, they look legit. They're in costume, because again you don't give treats to people not in costume, right, And then you hit the button boom boom, boom, and you spit three treats out at them. I think that will work. What do you think? How about you get a fingerprint recognition system and this way you can only get one. We put your finger on the thing and each person is going to get one. And then once you get your one, you're done, and it's sit out. See I give him. I would give a couple, you know. But anyway, maybe it's a little bag. Maybe it's a little bag it spits out a bag of a couple. All right, yeah, well either way, it's something that's a controlled environment.
Speaker 4: The honor system ain't working. I don't know, you know, it works.
Speaker 2: Up until that's the little ship decide that they're going to be a smile. I have this big Halloween bowl and a couple of years ago I bought like, you know, the multi pack. It's like ten different candies and you fill up the bowl and you don't know what they like. So you go out, you go go Chicken Tree, and you bring the ball out. You go hit pick one and they grab four. You know, now, I don't care because no one else is coming to my house. They're probably only people coming. So I go, oh, that's fine. But if you tell them to pick one, they still go, I know, this one, this one, and they fist that ship. They fisted it, They fisted it, they fisted it.
Speaker 4: No fisting.
Speaker 2: No, that's always been my motto. By the way, no fishing, fisting, no fisting. You though, all right, Oh, by the way. Speaking of costumes real quick, we were talking about the bad costumes. Do you remember do you remember the time that when we were kids, what our costumes looked like. Our costumes were not so intricate the way they are too. It was a a crappy plastic mask with a with a tight rubber band like thing that would snap on your head. Yes, And they had like a like a bib costume. It was like you'd wrap around and tie a little plastic top. It was like a smock. And there was a creepy the creepy eyeholes from the mask.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: I found the Halloween costume and Halloween like mask. I found a picture of me and my friends all trick or treating and we look creepy as fuck. All of us had these masks on. I had he man in the Masters of the Universe. This would have g I Joe, someone had won your face and those doesn't fit right, and there's a little slip for the mouth, and then and and all you see is our real eyes creeping through these plastic ass masks.
Speaker 4: That was fucking weird.
Speaker 2: And then walking down the street because I would go like I go up and down my street and this this would be you walking down the street. You go because the plastic would make you go in the mask because you couldn't breathe. Yep, but you couldn't take your mask off because your friends were like, put your mask back on andween and I could still smell the polyurethane or whatever the hell, the viny the heart. You know you're gonna die, dude.
Speaker 4: That stuff is in my nose forever.
Speaker 2: I know still when you opened up that freaking costume, that that box, you just know that smell, it's still in my nose. That's got to be toxic. It's the worst. It's people were definitely dying from that. Costumes have come a long way. So I'll take my pajamas any day. Yeah, well, then you can have them, because you look terrible. At least you can breathe. I'm going to Memphis tomorrow, Brody, going to Memphis to do what I'll be walking in Memphis, thank you, Marcone.
Speaker 4: No, I'm visiting Saint.
Speaker 2: Jude, the Children's trip, Yeah, Children's Research Hospital. The show is sending me on my own. I'm gonna meet up with some Saints you people there, and we're gonna I'm gonna tour the campus. I'm gonna see what they you know, what happens there and all the all the magic that is great Jude and all the miracles and everything they do for society. I have to say I'm slightly jealous, and because you know, I actually had childhood cancer and it never sent me. So I'm jealous that you get to go because it's an amazing place, right that my mom always donated money to, you know, still is a place where she always donates money to. And I'm jealous. I want to hear all about it when you come back. They do amazing things there, Yeah, groundbreaking technology and advances in medicine. And that's exactly why I'm going. Just they want to show me around. So this is the this is their headquarters in h in Memphis, and then I'm gonna have I guess a night out in Memphis by myself, which I know this, I mean, forget about what to do there. I mean, we know that Elvis Presley Graceland Sun Records where he recorded his you know, have friends there. So that's good. Who have there, Ricky, She's in Nashville. Oh that's right, He's not in Memphis. Are you're screwed? I hear that Beale Street's pretty hot. Okay, Mark Ohen again, A lot's going on in Beal Street. That's what this is what the songs tell me. I don't know, yeah, right right, So you know one Mark Cohen's song about Memphis. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: But you know, I'm getting on a United flight.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you know this, but United recently changed its policy back to what it experimented with during COVID, which I thought was left in COVID times for a reason and got rid of it because it sucked. You know how they used to It always was group one and two and then three four five weeks. Your group is called stupid, worst way to board a plane, okay. And then they went to the Wilma system, the Wimmas system, I call it will Ma like Fred Flinstone, where during the pandemic it was window they bored all window seats, then the then the middle seats, and then.
Speaker 4: The aisle seats. That makes sense, all right.
Speaker 2: And then uh there were fights that broke out, so they abandoned that.
Speaker 4: They went back to their old school.
Speaker 2: Way kind of fights. You go in order, you know, we climb over people. Well, Brody, I guess you'd be happy to know that they're going back to their goddamn Wilmas system. Fantastic. No, no, yes, this way, the person in the middle isn't the back out of the aisle blocked the aisle while the window person climbs in, then everybody else has This is going to cause fights. That means whether you're in row two or twenty two or thirty two. Yeah, if I have an aisle seat, I'm fucked. Does that means everyone goes an gets on and that means everyone gets on the plane faster overall for the greater You know how many minutes you'll say, I'm faster?
Speaker 4: No, they I Actually there was a statistic.
Speaker 2: They said that the plane land, the plane loads two minutes faster on average. Two minutes takes yeah, till you can stand. If I don't have to stand in the aisle with my bag while somebody in the middle is standing so that the other window person can climb in and then put their bags up, I would rather just move and move, move, move, move. Hey, you know what, what's the fucking hurry? Sometime? Here's the problem with you, do dude? Listen, I got two words for you, like, oh, the aisle people. A fuck.
Speaker 4: No, guess what.
Speaker 2: The plane's not taken off. Till the plane takes off. It doesn't matter overhead compartments. That's the problem because they run out of space. So all the window people and all the middle seat people are gonna take all your shit.
Speaker 4: And if you're in the if you're in the aisle, you're fucked. You're always gonna have to gate check your bag.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, because they should, because they'll be an orderly system. They should orderly make sure that you pricks in row twenty two. Don't put your fucking bags in row two or row seven. Put you because you want to give my bag when I get off, No, don't. You don't beat the system. You have to put your bag above your head or go fuck yourself. No, but and then if it fills up, you're not permission. You're not thinking this. You're not thinking this through. Because if all the window people and all the isle people go first throughout the whole plane, there's three there's three carry on you take it in each overhead.
Speaker 4: That's bulls.
Speaker 2: She's get to carry on. You can fit three carry ons in each overhead. Bit everybody brought a carry on there's no room for everybody. The only room for sixty percent in each overhead, there's only room for sixty percent of the goddamn plane. So if sixty six percent of the plane is loaded, and now the aisle, see people get to go forty o people, They get to get up and go to the bathroom anytime they want. But ile people choose to be ile people for the reason you get, Oh, you get who's calling me? Is this the United Airlines?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 2: I like to speak to somebody in customer service. I'm sorry, I'm getting get you to answer the phone, and now I'm not going to answer it. So my question is okay, Well, while other people, like on Southwest, they say that they load the plane from the back to the front, how do you feel about the to the front as long as people don't put their bags. They say that that's logical storage bins and they sit in the back. I'm fine with it. What's better the back to front method or the Wilma method. How about this? How about you do the back Wilma, then you do the middle Wilma, then you do the front Wilma. Get the best of both worlds. So you send the people in the back, windows, back first, middle back, first aisle back first, then you then you do the middle window aisle, you know, middle, middle aisle, whatever. Anyway, I would do a combination putting your ship and other people's bins. That's my fuck the bin pushing. And guess who's immune to all this me you? I don't fly that much.
Speaker 4: You at first class.
Speaker 2: I don't sit first. First class is loads normally for thanks Fergie, Fergie, Jack carlowever, whoever the woman was in the Jack Carlow song that isn't Fergie.
Speaker 4: Well anyway, that sucks. That really does suck.
Speaker 2: So to be the woman in the Jack Carlo song and not get a lot of credit, that's gotta suck. I'm just saying, I think you just do group one, two, three, four five the way it always was, same as the planes should never should never, ever, ever, ever ever go first, never, because then everyone's gonna walk through them. But the people in the plan. Here's the thing, though, the people in that front plane is the last one is off. The people the people in the front, in the middle of the plane tend to be the more frequent flyers. Those are the people that should have the trivilege and sitting there, ask in the terminal and wait, no, like you said, it's two minutes, they can sit an extra five minutes. The plane's not taking off any sooner. The overhead the plans pickets about the overhead compartment space more than anything. So so the flight attendants should stand in the aisles and say, hey, your bag doesn't go there. If I'm an person row six, if irony, if I'm a frequent flyer and I'm an aisle person in row six, I'm fucked because I gotta wait for everybody the like seventy percent of the plane to load. Guess what you get off first? It evens out. And what's better getting on first to getting off first? Getting off first, because then you get to go on your vacation getting on first. There's no benefit.
Speaker 4: The play hikes.
Speaker 2: You lose, you lose, You lose, you lose, you lose, you get nothing. You Good day, sir, Good day, sir. All right, what do you want to do? I want to do some sound and i'll rant next break. Yeah, let me look at the sound list you got, al Michaels, I sure do, okay, So like it's this a couple of weeks ago. This is when Taylor Swift showed up at the Kansas City game. It was the second time she showed up, but I think it was the first time in Kansas City. And al Michaels is trying to because you know, al Michael said, it's not about Taylor Swift's about the game. And al Michael's old school. He's like seventy five years old, eighty, he's been calling games forever. He didn't have time for Taylor Swift. However, he did manage to put a reference in, but he didn't quite want to say who she was. It wasn't confirmed they were dating, and so he's listened to him tiptoe and then finally he breaks down, and.
Speaker 12: Of course soon looking on is.
Speaker 2: He's the moment.
Speaker 11: He's good buddy, and girlfriend's.
Speaker 4: Good buddy, and girl Swift he makes the passion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like so there of course is uh his uh you know, his oh well, good buddy, and then he breaks down and goes his girlfriend. I guess like he was afraid to say it because it wasn't official. What he didn't want to part. That's funny, that's lame. All right, Next, rush up, all right, rush on? What rush on? Rush oh, rush. So this is a commercial for a medication, and the whole point of it is you get an injection to prevent your illness, which in this case is HIV. I'm not making fun of HIV, but he's like, you should get an injection and listen what he gets to avoid if he gets the injection. Oh, can't wait? Two injections given by my healthcare provider every other month. It's really nice not to have to rush home and take him daily HIV pill. Why do you have to rush home and take a pill? Can't you just take the pill with you? You could? Is the pill so large? It's like uh brona sauceburger from the Flintstones. It's too big for your pocket. Like that's the selling point. Get an injection so you don't have to rush home and take a pill. That's bad advertising in my opinion. All right, you have breakfast taco?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: This is Pete Davidson. The taco bell Oh describes the three ingredients and a breakfast taco with the exact same adjectives as every other person ever describes these three adjectives.
Speaker 4: Listen, eggs, melty, cheese, savory.
Speaker 2: Sausage, fluffy, eggs, melty cheese, savory sausage. What's wrong with that is there is there nothing else you can say about eggs, sausage, and cheese. Then fluffy. Those are the sizzle words. Those are the words that get the most reaction. How about delicious eggs? No, but because you want to know, Because when I think eggs, I want to I want to think I'm floating on a pillow like a cloud. I want to fluffy. I want the first thing you want. And melty. You want your cheese to be melty melty cheese. Isn't melty that in taco bell it's all melty, it melts.
Speaker 4: These are sizzle words. You're over analyzing the situation.
Speaker 2: I just think Pete Davidson should have said, hey, can we come up with something better than savory, melty, melt and fluffy fluffy? When your breakfastation and you have your eggs made, you say I could say, you could say sizzling sausage, but then it will be like, oh my god, am I gonna burn my tongue on that. No, savory is good, I don't know, and it's it's flavorful. That's what's called a literation. A litera melty cheese is not alliteration? No savory sausage, Yeah, but fluffy eggs isn't. No savory shrimp always succulents this and this is It is called a literation the first, the first consonant over the first? Why can't my sausage be suculent? Actually secular sausage?
Speaker 4: Does your say?
Speaker 2: So many? Is your sausage? So many jokes with the succulent sausage? Hey, but why why can't my sausage be scrumptious? Stuck on my succulent sausage? What's next? It's scrumptious?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Life insurance. So the wife is telling the husband or the boyfriend about this life insurance. So she tells him what it is. He repeats it back to her, and then she ex surprised. Hey, listen, mine with no complicated forms and no one exam.
Speaker 13: All they had to do was answer a few health questions. Boit, no medical exam and all online.
Speaker 6: I know, right?
Speaker 2: What is he deaf?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: But she goes, I know, right, what do you mean you just told him? You just told me that, right?
Speaker 2: I know? He repeats it, and she goes, I know right, dumb, this is dumb because for several there's several layers of idiots. Yeah, play idiot idiots.
Speaker 13: No complicated forms and no medical exam. All they had to do was answer a few health wait questions boait, no medical exam and all online.
Speaker 6: I know right.
Speaker 2: So so basically, first of all, he says, wait, yeah, he repeats her verbatim, so he heard the whole fucking thing so glaty you.
Speaker 4: Have to reconfirm it.
Speaker 2: And then she said, I know right, we go, you know you just told it. I know right. And then she tells him he's right because he repeated what she said. Someone got paid for that commercial.
Speaker 4: Awful?
Speaker 2: All right, that's a door dash cream? Oh okay, you know the Wu Tang Clan song cream? Yes? What does this cream stand for?
Speaker 11: Do you remember?
Speaker 4: With cream? But which song are we talking about? C R E A M. I'll play the clip hold on cream.
Speaker 2: The money? Okay, cash rules everything around me? Right, that's what cream stands for. Cash rules everything around me. So there's a commercial of a door dash with this man of color. I don't know who he is. I don't think anyone's famous that would be black. He's black, yeah, and he's this man of color okay, well, I don't remember off he took my head anyway. So he pulls out that they're trying to promote food at the door desk you can get groceries. So he pulls out a cream and he goes, yeah, the best cream is always in the back, and his Asian girl goes, yeah, cream cash rules everything around play the club. Oh okay, all right, you have a clip. Yeah, I got it. She's cream always.
Speaker 4: In the bank.
Speaker 14: Is cream rules everything around?
Speaker 4: Because cream rolls everything around?
Speaker 2: Look rules? Are you Elliet rules everything around? Let me try it again. The song is cream rules everything around me. That's why it spells cream. She spelled cream, Yeah, she's Yeah. They're they're being points to reference to Wu Tang clans. Well, they're banking on the fact that nobody will remember the original like me, like I didn't know that. I did never heard that great song. But let me ask you a question. Do you think she couldn't say the m because they don't have copyright infringement? If she said cash rules everything around me? If you're a Wu Tang clan fan, you know the song? Did you know what a clan fan? I'm not a clan fan from State night. To be honest, I'm from Brooklyn, remember that? All right?
Speaker 4: Look at the title of this podcast. Oh yeah, and we finally have life insurance.
Speaker 2: Did we do that? You played the life rush Home? I think we got them all.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, I know, right, I know right rush home?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: I will get to quick bake A quick bake, a quick baked. I feel like I do that.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm baked. I feel like.
Speaker 4: My voice podcast.
Speaker 2: Listen, they all can't be home runs, but I thought a couple of them wins. Just fine, it's fine, brody, ok. I have a dilemma from Facebook marketplace. So I was selling an old exercise bike of mine because I don't use it. Nobody uses it. I got it for my kids. They didn't use it, so I'm selling it. So I went on Facebook to see what other people are selling this for the same model. Yep, and this guy is one guy is selling it for ten dollars. Oh ten dollars an excellent condition, and the thing's worth like one hundred and fifty. So I read the description to see if it's damaged or broken, and he says, this was my uncle's He used it until he died, So I'm only selling it for ten dollars so that I know it'll go to somebody who'll use it and won't sell it because they're only going to pay ten dollars for it. What are your thoughts on that before I give you mine?
Speaker 4: That's a scam.
Speaker 2: It's not a scam, or it's broken. Something's wrong, though, Why would you sell it for ten dollars? Okay, I'm telling Okay. The conversation between you and me right now is the debate as to why this makes or does it make sense, not if it's a scam. Okay, he's saying. The reason I'm not asking one hundred and fifty, yeah, is I want someone who's going to buy it and own it and use it and not try to resell it. So here's my theory, since you're a little confused, it'll make more sense if you sell it for ten dollars, I'm going to buy it and resell it. If you sell it for one hundred and fifty, I'm only going to buy it if I want it. His logic, his logic is backwards backwards.
Speaker 4: So I SEEZ.
Speaker 2: My mind immediately goes to wow it there's a steal for ten dollars.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get this.
Speaker 2: I'll buy in rece. I don't think about the second part of that, because I'm not a seister like you, Brody, So you're gonna buy it for yourself and never use it. Well, So your thought is, if I'm gonna, okay, if I'm in the mark, okay, If I'm looking on Facebook Marketplace and I'm right and I'm typing in search for a bicycle, that's because I actually want one. Why would I write bicycle and come across your post if I didn't want a bicycle, Because you might be searching for exercise equipment, right, and then exercise bike comes out ten dollars. I can get one hundred and fifty for that, So you're to have somebody. I don't think about flipping things like that. Only houses someone's gonna flip it. Are you more likely to flip it if it only costs you ten? You're I see your logic. You're you'll get seventy four. You made sixty bucks, right, I can. If somebody meet me at his house, I buy it for ten and hand it right to them for seventy. Here you go and make money, and then they can go sell it for one fifty. No one's using this guy's old man bike. King of the grapeisoda, David Brody, I understand what you're doing. You're trying to use your talk back. Does ten dollars make it more likely or less likely that someone's gonna buy it and resell it? Would you? What would you do if you saw one hundred and fifty dollars bike for ten bucks? You buy it and resell. All the opportunists like yourself are gonna obviously say they're gonna do that, but by most buy it. Most people don't want that. They don't want to go to that headache of most people in this country. You think, don't want to make one hundred and forty dollar profit to do no work other than picking it up and then reselling it. It's just my mind wouldn't go there, See how I that's why you didn't understand what you're talking about. Like, all right, buy it for ten bucks. Someone's gonna buy a ten bucks and keep it. No what you know they're gonna do. They're gonna go ten bucks even if they bring it home. Scary, they're gonna buy it a ten bucks and go I'm not gonna use an exercise bike. I only pay ten bucks for it. I'll sell it for eighty. I'll sell a seventy. Well that's a year later. But the initial intent, the initial intent will be like, I need an exercise bike, and this is a bargain. No, he's charge one hundred. Then charge one hundred for it, one hundred and twenty. So then the effort's not really there to resell it. You're like, oh, it's one hundred and twenty, I can make thirty. It's not worth the effort. But if you give me it for ten bucks, I'm selling that shit.
Speaker 4: That's you. I don't think most people mean me.
Speaker 2: I mean me like you know, I don't think most people would would think that way. Slices slices. You know, you'd buy it and listen. You might buy it and keep it, but odds are there's more people that are going to buy it and sell it.
Speaker 4: I think the opposite of that.
Speaker 2: Who's going to trouble If I have a car that's worth five thousand dollars and I say I'm gonna sell it for five hundred because I want someone to own it. I don't want them to give it away or resell it. You don't think someone's gonna come to my house buy that car of a five hundred and sell it for four grand a day later if it's worth five No, I think so somebody who honestly needs a car that can't afford one is going to be like, ooh, a bargain and keep the five hundred dollars car. I don't think people have enough time in the day. How much free time do you have? Oh, that's right, got plenty of time. Well that's you, bro, you know.
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe maybe there are people, let me rephrase, maybe there are people out there that this is what they do.
Speaker 4: This is their day job.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: They scour the internet for great deals.
Speaker 2: It's not about scouring and flipping, flipping an expensive thing for ten dollars. Look, my point is is the guys, if it's a collect if it's a color let's say it's a super Mario Brothers lamp that's been out of style, out of print for frigging right, But that's outduction for the item, out of production for years, right.
Speaker 4: And I know it's worth on the internet.
Speaker 2: I know I've seen it on email before for two hundred dollars and someone's going to offer me fifty and to sell selling you for fifty dollars, but I'm a Mario collector who's looking for that. I'm like, shit, there it is the lamp from my childhood. I'm gonna buy it and I'm gonna keep it. I'm like, yes, I got it for fifty, right. My mind doesn't go to market collector's item bike market value and exercise bike no market value, exercise bike the whole life. And I got to have that model market value of this item ten dollars, two hundred and fifty dollars. I'm going to make a profit because what do you care about more? You care about the collector looking about a collectible that was part of your childhood. You're talking about a specific item. Terrible analogy, terrible. It's the second worst analogy I've seen this week. What was the first warst? I'm in a Jets fan group on Facebook and a guy no, And a guy said, rooting against Zach Wilson, the Jets quarterback, is like rooting because he's on your quarterback for your team is the same as rooting for your pilot to fail on a plane. You're rooting against your best interest. And and my point was to that guy was, if you root against the pilot, your plane's gonna hit a mountain and everyone on the plane's gonna die. If you root against a quarterback, your team's gonna get a better draft pick.
Speaker 4: You don't play for the team.
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 2: You don't, you don't win or lose with the team, and you watch a team. You have no vested interest in a football team, except you like watching their uniforms run around the field. Yeah, that was my analogy. Is not nearly as bad. My analogy makes sense. That's why yours the second worst, No, second worst, Mario lamp right below. Rooting for a quarterback is the same as exercise bike.
Speaker 4: Exercise bike.
Speaker 2: So you need it. You need to work out, you need to lose weight. You're in the market for one. I find it for ten dollars score. I got a deal and I have a story for profit ten dollars score. But nobody's not a lot of people think that way. I did you live in America? You live in Have you walked around the streets, dude, we're already met Americans. Okay, we're capitalists at heart. I get it, Yes, we are. As a by I'm a very big capital raise the capitalist flag and wave it from my fucking roof. By how much did you pay for that flag? Not as much as they paid for this electronic equipment, that's right. So what if I had a microphone for your your home system? Yeah? Right, but you already have a microphone. Yes, and you can get another one for ten bucks and it's worth two hundred and eighty. Would you buy it and keep it? Yes, buy it and sell it. You'd sell it. You don't need it. I would not sell it.
Speaker 3: You would.
Speaker 2: You'd buy them ten thousand, just keep it as a backup. And yeah, and your girlfriend says to you, you know, we could go to a really nice dinner for that much money. We can go to two dinners for that much money. You should sell the microphone. I guess I'm not that much of an entrepreneur. I'm not that much of an opportunist. I don't know. That's not me. That's not the way, that's not the way I'm built. Oh okay, how about this. How about you buy the microphone for ten dollars and the guy who's the owner of your favorite restaurant wants to start a podcast. He says, scary. You give me that microphone. I'll give you a three hundred dollars Meal will make anything you would. Robin want just treat give me a microphone. You say, no, I'm gonna give you three hundred dollars. He goes, no, just give you a microphone. Let me pay ten bucks for it. What'd you do? I don't know you'd be give him the microphone? No, I wouldn't you liar, you're smiling, you're lying. Some of them hit something Scary and Rody. Hey, listen, we have some talkbacks. Uh, so you want to go through some of these. Yeah, let's go through that. Yeah, and remember your talkbacks for next week. Your assignment. What were the two assignments? One was the ten dollar thing and there was another another assign I remember it was you guys. Remember you just listened.
Speaker 16: Hey, Rody and Scary Scary Rody. This is Lisa from the real Upstate New York calling it my episode two seventy three. And Scary's googling over Olivia Rodrigo as a mature woman.
Speaker 11: You know what that means?
Speaker 16: We don't get so lately sexual owner googling, we might say what I wouldn't give to.
Speaker 11: Be thirty years younger.
Speaker 2: She's right, so a woman the words a woman would say, God, I wish I was younger so I could date that guy. But they don't say I would like to date him now at my current age. That's her opinion. That doesn't speak for all women. But that's it. That's an angle.
Speaker 9: Oh I think I'm being recorded again. I don't know.
Speaker 7: M again from NJ Facebook marketplace sucks. I placed an AD for a friend and they wanted a code to make sure I'm real.
Speaker 9: They're not real.
Speaker 2: Never give the code marketplace. The code is a scam.
Speaker 9: Thank you you guys, cracked me up.
Speaker 2: Never give the code. The code is a scam. Don't do that. What do you mean? She can't hear you, by the ways. You don't give the code. They'll hear me when she us this. What code? What's the code?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 2: They text you a code. Don't you give the code back? Don't give out your information. Don't get the code?
Speaker 4: What code?
Speaker 2: I don't?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Explain it?
Speaker 2: Scam or sends you a code, either in an email or a text message. They want a code to verify that you're legit, but then they have your information once you get the code, don't do the code. Sang a scam, So don't respond to the code. Yeah, if they say I want to give you a code, no, don't give him a code. Don't tell them your code. Don't know codes? Okay, no codes?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 9: This is MJ from NJ again, just to make a comment.
Speaker 7: I missed mon Veldez on the talkbacks.
Speaker 9: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 7: I know people are also pretending to him and that guy that's on the tractor trail or whatever the hell he's on, some kind of southern guy.
Speaker 9: Oh, I can't, I can't. I couldn't stop laughing. Oh my god.
Speaker 7: And also the lady about the dand that wanted in Facebook or something.
Speaker 9: I couldn't stop laughing. Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, you got it.
Speaker 17: Brogland boys, you boy DJ here from South Jersey and it's always birdy and scary, Ain't that right?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 17: Does I just got to quickly say that I think we heard in the last episode that's Scary actually started doing his laundry because.
Speaker 11: Of the rain.
Speaker 17: Does that mean you had to empty out your washer and dryer to do so or did you go somewhere and do it we all need to know.
Speaker 2: Wow, what did you watch your clothes? But still it keeping track? No, I actually emptied it out, did some did a load, if you know what I'm saying, and then uh I went back and put all the crap back in. Yeah, put it back in. Nice.
Speaker 9: Okay. This is MJ from again, just to make a comment. I missed one.
Speaker 17: We did that right, lucom boys. This is DJ from South Jersey again, and it's always brilliant scary. This is in reference to episode two sixty six. It's like kind of way back, but I must have never listened to it, but in reference to scary talking about bathroom etiquette with urinals. Totally with you, bro, Like everybody's known since at least middle school that you never go to the mail urinal.
Speaker 9: No, what you doing guy?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 17: DJ again, I didn't finish my thought.
Speaker 11: Okay, but yeah, obviously.
Speaker 17: Man Early Arnold never cool dude. About the candy that the guy is offering kind of sketchy. I mean like, yeah, it might be in like a rapper or something, but you could run the risk of like bathroom candy charticle matter like on the wrapper.
Speaker 2: And the like. Yeah, I said that many episodes ago. Like, yeah, I would probably have to pass pass on the bathroom candy, no hard mint.
Speaker 12: Hey, Brody, Scary Trevor from Austin, Texas. Here, Scary. I just wanted to reference something on the last callbacks. You mentioned to somebody that you don't go to water parks because you don't have many kids. But I was thinking, you know, if you could hook up a date with Olivia Rodrigo, then I think she would love to go.
Speaker 2: That's why she counts as a kid. Hey, there are fellas.
Speaker 6: This is Gil here from PA. You know, I don't find anything wrong with Scary Heaven and crush on.
Speaker 11: That little Phyllis.
Speaker 12: And Tagger.
Speaker 6: They hook up with young kicks all the town. Nobody gives him any crap over that. But I'll tell you what, your girl, Robin might have a problem with that. Way you mine end up trying. It's your only over again. Be careful there, mama.
Speaker 2: You okay? One kid? That guy won Valdezos and call him for the food times.
Speaker 11: Hey, there, it's me.
Speaker 18: You know, I'm sorry, but I just had to come and back on here and say something.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 18: I wish everybody would just leave wound bowl as alone. He's a good guy. He's got a right to come on here and say whatever he's got to say. He's one of the original commenters on this program ever since I can remember.
Speaker 6: We'll just give him a break, man, come on and even leaveing the dickelone.
Speaker 18: He's a good guy too.
Speaker 11: He's just a dick.
Speaker 17: He's just a dick, scary just for the besters. Fifty three year old mother from Ohio.
Speaker 7: And guess what, and I think David Pisoner is the animal flies for life, so go figure.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know what the hell's going on there. So she's got a steam leg or she just popped the balloon and it's leaking. She said, she's fifty two years old from Ohio and she knows who David Kushner is.
Speaker 4: Bravo to you. Okay, we got one finally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Good.
Speaker 11: Morning, Brooklyn boys, or good evening. This is Nick.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I know a lot of people on a curse of meat. Go ahead, wish your health on some bullshit. You will never even fucking see me. I mean, I love y'all. Anyways, So the whole Paramormal Activity episode, you know, Brody, don't pooh pooh on Scary's adventures.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 20: You sit in your mansion and ship and hay that Scary flies and travels somewhere and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Continued.
Speaker 20: Wait it's part two by Nick. Yeah, brody, I get it. I totally get it.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 11: You will never go on a ghost store and whatnot. But don't just listen. Let the man have fun.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 20: Yeah, he bought a fifty dollars ticket or seven dollar ticket or whatever because he earned a ticket.
Speaker 11: He works his assole.
Speaker 2: Thank you, got way.
Speaker 20: Well, watching is a real fucking thing. I live in Washington State and it's real.
Speaker 4: I like this guy.
Speaker 2: He's he's watching Washington State.
Speaker 4: That was great.
Speaker 20: I like, Nick, we'll be covering your whale watching comment. So if you ever will come to Washington State, particularly western Washington, you are guaranteed to see wales. And if you will not see the whales, the company will actually give you a credit so you can come back tomorrow or another day and go for free. They're not gonna charge you twice. And also shout out to missus Scarry for standing his ground and not going to the stupid way lady.
Speaker 2: Thank you all. I gotta address what Nick said. I don't remember saying that well watching was a problem because I went well watching. I talked about how my captain knew where they were and when they came right up to the ship. We had a great time well watching in Seattle in Alaska, sorry not Seattle. We left from Seattle. But here's the thing about the guarantee. First of all, you can't guarantee he'll see whales. But if I don't, you'll take me tomorrow. That's not a guarantee, that's a warranty. If you guarantee, then we're staying out there until I see my whales. If you can't say, you will guarantee, but you might not. Second of all, odds are I'm getting back on the cruise ship and I can't come back the next day. I don't have time for that. So that's a great guarantee. Oh yeah, if you come back to the moon tomorrow, well you'll see aliens. I'm sorry you didn't see him today. No, he's not a garrier.
Speaker 3: Those ghost house is as real as you believe.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: And your friend with her heart racing, that mean she was fucking scared.
Speaker 5: When you're scaredy heart, remember that scary.
Speaker 3: I went broader man, that shit is bullshit. No, I don't believe that. Show Me and carresta be cut.
Speaker 2: We're talking about hopefully listen to order and you're getting all these inside jokes here, these references. But I went to a wanted house and and they told the ghost story and it was real and things real, things happening. This is real. The story wasn't real. The story was real. The thing walks around the hallway in the red light. It's haunted house in all of in all of where did I go? That's a.
Speaker 15: Hey, Brooklyn Boys, This is Brandon from Atlanta listening to the Scary And you joke about doing a video podcast, and I usually signed with you, Brody, but I think it'd be cool if you guys went to like like a video format, maybe uploaded them to YouTube or something. Yes, I don't listen to the podcast when I'm in my car, but I'll watch YouTube like all the time on my computer. So I think it'd be cool to have like a video format toe you guys on on there. I definitely listened to you, and I think it'd be cool to and maybe your audience.
Speaker 4: On Brooklyn Boys Live.
Speaker 2: We could do Brooklyn Boys Live on video and that we could be like taping a live podcast. We could figure that out. Or his thought, next call, you're such a fun sucker. You're a fun sucker, David Brody, are you saying? I asked my own f. Yes, you're a fun sucker.
Speaker 21: So I sked my own f Some boys, it's t White, the owner of Scary's one point seven four million dollar recording equipment, had to jump over to the iHeartRadio app just to say how hilarious it is that Scary referred to Olivia Rodrigo as relatable.
Speaker 2: How is she relatable to you?
Speaker 21: Bro She can't even get bottle service with the sparkler at the club.
Speaker 4: That's right, she's on the rage by. He raises a fair point.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank you for taking my one point five to seven jigawatt equipment off of my hands. He bought my original road cast to pro the one we used to did. We did the first one hundred and fifty episodes on so yeah, there you go. There you go. He wasn't using it there because the quality was not at the park. I was hoping that you would leave the talk back through the microphone that you were on through the road caster show everybody how cool that was? Anyway? All right? The fuck was that?
Speaker 11: Hey, guys, Lice for life.
Speaker 14: Garn here from Harrisburg, PA. Everybody's still talking about this whole dollar six thing, and I don't think anybody has said. Everybody's saying, yeah, it's just a dollar six, Brody. Come on, but if you see a dollar laying on the sidewalk, are you going to walk past it?
Speaker 11: Or are you going to pick it up?
Speaker 3: That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: I'm picking up the six cents too, No, but the dollar six is in a different format. If I had a dollar six, I'm almost all the way there. I'm a tenth the way that to buy an ext size bike.
Speaker 9: Hi, guys, emilin in Connecticut here.
Speaker 10: I don't think there's a right answer to the conundrum Brody has with the French speaker on Facebook. I think whoever wants it more is going to adjust. Already want to make the sale really bad? He'll translate, And does a guy really want to buy it really bad?
Speaker 2: He'll translate, Yeah, See, I really wanted to sell it. But I'm also arrogant and an ego maniac when it comes to these things, and I was not going to lose to him, So I lost the sale, but I saw that somebody else, So yeah, so Blue.
Speaker 22: Hi, Bridie and Scary. It's Michelle from Virginia. I'm about an hour away from Big herm. I live in Williamsburg, Virginia. I'm calling about the wedding insight, Scary. Did you ever start to think that you didn't get a plus one for Robin because they really didn't want you to come? Because that's kind of what.
Speaker 9: It seems like to me.
Speaker 11: Keep up the great work.
Speaker 9: I'm a slice for a life.
Speaker 22: Thanks Roy.
Speaker 2: That means you're right, Scary. That means that means you shouldn't go without a date. She's sort of agreeing with you. She's saying it. She's saying she's saying that they didn't want me there in the first place. Hmmm, I'm gonna go with no on that only because I these people, well, well that's your theory. Well yeah, and then never did anything and they know that I come correct with a big gift, So why wouldn't they want me there? If anything, I would read out the Brodi's in the room. I give a nice gift and I don't wait until I get there to write the check.
Speaker 3: Slice from Newton.
Speaker 1: I was gonna leave a talk back when I heard about Elvis bringing up the dollar six on Brooklyn Boys episode two seventy one, but Scary.
Speaker 3: Already brought it up all right.
Speaker 11: Just sending out my up to you guys.
Speaker 2: Guy, I love you too.
Speaker 4: Feel free to check in blom Boys.
Speaker 2: Is his name?
Speaker 11: The one and only eight?
Speaker 23: Uh?
Speaker 24: This is regarding episode two seventy four. I didn't listening yet, but Scary Jones, for the love of God, my man, I'm not small person either. Please don't do inflatable costumes, even if Roby really wants it, or it's kind of like a matching game or whatnot.
Speaker 11: Whatever the case is, don't do it, bro, Just don't do it. Do anything else.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't inflatable. I was the inflatable wacky. It was more like pajama material. But it was the wacky, waving, inflatable arm flailing tube. Man, I was imitating an inflatable costume. Yeah, and the actual inflatable one is skinny. When you see a car dealership, they're tall and skinny. What he's saying is fourth quarter skier. He shouldn't wear an inflatable like a big like assume or he think.
Speaker 4: It's not sexy.
Speaker 2: He's looking for something more manly, you know, or so he's saying because he said, I'm a big man, meaning don't wear a big costume if you're already not a thin you know, bony purse.
Speaker 4: Should I have been a sumo wrestler, then.
Speaker 2: No, he's saying, don't do don't do that, don't do wear puffy costumes because you're already puffy. Well it makes me look.
Speaker 4: Better, I think about. It's a reverse psychology. I disagree with that.
Speaker 3: Mm okay.
Speaker 24: Four, So once again, don't do this whole inflail constant okay. And it's not because your third core scary there, you're not doing your doctor fact still jan every whatever. Just like us, you know, people who are not small or super ten or super athletic. We have our limits and we gotta take advantage of our customers.
Speaker 11: Be a fucking Dracula some ship.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: I saw Guy Fiertti and I wanted to be Guy Fiertti. I could pull that, I could rock down. I'm starting I'm starting to agree with you scary. If you know, if you account Facula, then it's gonna be like oh, ok he's a fat vampire, not you. But like this guy is saying, fat people shouldn't be dry, they should be Dracula. But then you're gonna obviously be a bigger Dracula. But if you play Assumu, you're gonna look small over cost.
Speaker 4: That's what I was saying.
Speaker 2: Nobody's my logic. I see your side now, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: See no scary scary back off. This is an English speaking country. I had to learn English when I came to this country, so should everybody else. If you're gonna reply to an English is speaking post, speak English, initiate English. Okay, all right, you're going there. No, Brodie, you need to speak English to you? What is translating or is trying? You need to speak English. I think you learn all.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, all right, I'm no dainty baby.
Speaker 20: We disagree, but okay, Brooklyn boys, this is Nag, your biggest fan and previously resident of Bensonhurst.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn.
Speaker 20: Listen, I'm on your side, scary girls on you're my boy.
Speaker 11: I like to hack down. Okay, you did the right thing by not going to that crappy wedding.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 20: I don't care how many fucking levels of let how many floors of the cake they're gonna have there.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you, m part two.
Speaker 20: I don't give a ship about what kind of chuckle of power they're gonna have or a fucking.
Speaker 11: Alright giant cake you make banda I'm wedding bro.
Speaker 20: Yeah, they're not your real truth friend right. Yeah, I know you already heard that. Just wanted to Rea and also Olivia Rodrigo. Yeah, she's pretty young man. You gotta be careful about those things because we'll live in a we really strange society.
Speaker 11: Wait for part three. Don't hang out?
Speaker 2: Oh my guys, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: This guy jumped in the middle of it.
Speaker 6: Hold on your side with that ole Olivia rod Brigwols thing for a while now that I saw that Apple commercial you've been talking about. Even though she's twenty, she looks more like she's fifteen or sixteen. Oh, you are one sick puppy out tell you what. I'm starting to see a pattern form in here. Episode number thirty seven comes back to mind. If you were hearing Texas with string up my dozen horsewhip you the other cows came home.
Speaker 2: Did you just jump in the middle of the other guy before you play the next call. Nick from benson Hurst says, I'll be right back with Pat three to talk about Olivia Rodgers in the Southern I could cap it. But is Nick the trucker now?
Speaker 4: Now they're different people. No, well that's different than that ference.
Speaker 3: Nick, Yes, five three, it is okay.
Speaker 25: Listen, Uh we we strive to have gender uh equality, YadA, YadA. Great, but there are things that people are still a like fucking conservative as fuck. So yeah, you saying that you are half crushed on a twenty year old chick and you are almost fifty.
Speaker 11: Sorry, my man, you are almost fifty. That's fine, that's fine, live your best life.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you gotta be a little bit CAUs you've raised your thank you, You've you've made your point. Nick, appreciate you. What does be cautious mean? Don't let the cops find out? What does that mean? Becauseous, no, just think about you're in a state that allows that ship.
Speaker 4: Think before you feel.
Speaker 3: You know, the re station gear scary, scary.
Speaker 19: I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Regarding the French guy on Facebook marketplace, this English speaking country should make every attempt to translate the English or speak English. We shouldn't have to downgrade. I mean, feel free to talk whatever language you want, but you should make a.
Speaker 2: How is it a downgrade if you're talking another language?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: No, not.
Speaker 2: In other words, don't accept that he's not speaking English. Don't don't lower your standards. Is what he's saying, So what I'm saying. But anyway, also scary.
Speaker 19: Not all customers are right. Some are just assholes, so cold putting this in people's heads. That is why we have so many characters in this world that think that they are privileged. If Brodie wants to bitch and complain, let him. It's his dollar six Ah.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all right, fair enough?
Speaker 4: He the customer's not always right according to that one.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh my god, I was. We got to get through these.
Speaker 19: Also, Brody does not have to sell to the French guy. I'm sure a lot of other customers that will gladly ask him in the English fair enough if the item is still available, You're right, okay, okay, Jersey.
Speaker 8: In regards to episode two seventy three, Scary, you talked about having a crush on Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 9: I can relate.
Speaker 8: I'm fifty six and in love with a twenty six year old who I think is incredibly hot, and most of my camera roll is pictured at him. But I think it's just enjoying the eye candy, you.
Speaker 4: Know, all right, she continues, I'm in your corner on this.
Speaker 8: Yep, that woman Renee talked about how she is fifty six and thought it was creepy and she didn't know any woman who did that. Well, guess what, there are women like that, And I don't think it's creepy at all. If a twenty year old guy hit on me, I'd be flattered, just saying, you can fantasize all you want, scary, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure there are many people like us. I'm with you on this, but some things are better left unsaid sometimes. And get this, scary, he's a paranormal investigator. Go figure right, love you guys play.
Speaker 4: For life, all right?
Speaker 2: There you go. Somethings all better left on said, But then we'd have a boring podcast if I did. She's investigating investigator exactly.
Speaker 26: Oh Andrew from upstate New York. You know the guy that told Juan Valdez, fuck you. I just wanted to say that episode through seventy three wasn't my favorite okay is one of more disappointing episodes. Fair enough, but anyways, the best part about it was Valdez didn't speak on it. So I'm glad that we could have the Brooklyn Boys back without featuring Juan Valdez. So hopefully that continues.
Speaker 11: Brody Chris Stefano has a podcast with Salvacano. It's called Hey Babe.
Speaker 3: Yep, don't you said don't tweet me? You didn't say don't talk me?
Speaker 5: Damn Brooklyn Boys were solid, man. I noticed that none of my two country first talk backs were played? Which one which one of you guys are filter in the top backs?
Speaker 2: It's not just what not.
Speaker 3: Some of them come up as I love you guys.
Speaker 4: Some of them come up as error messages.
Speaker 27: Yes always, it's alive here, I love you. On first time leaving a comment, I'm not. I don't really have a social media presence. That's why I really haven't never seen me. But I just have to comment on your guys's bands or commentary on people when they're leaving talkbacks. It kills me every time. It's so freaking funny.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 27: Give up the good work Slice for.
Speaker 4: Life, all right, thanks for that.
Speaker 2: If if you love commentary on talkbacks, then you'll love this, guys, is not a word. There's my commentary.
Speaker 28: Guys, Brody, Scary, Scary Brody, Heather Comra Connory Heather Hear from South Slanfield and Jersey. I just want to say how much I freaking love you, guys, and I'm finally caught up on all the podcasts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 28: Want to give you a major shout out in props because you have helped me get free dessert so many times.
Speaker 9: I can't tell you how much I've impressed my husband with this, and I say David Brody taught.
Speaker 28: Me this because even is not Thanks guys, love you so much.
Speaker 9: Slice for Life.
Speaker 2: Whoa, hey, we know we still have an email Brooklyn Boys Podcast at gmail dot com. Send me your free dessert stories. I'd love to read them. The Brooklyn Boys Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 9: That's why Scary Brody, Brody Scary.
Speaker 29: I believe it was one eighty three or one eighty four, or you guys had a different intro song. When is that going to come back or all that or just bullshit? Since somebody Scary doesn't want to be recording episodes before it goes.
Speaker 9: On VAK would ever come back or again? Bullshit or not?
Speaker 4: This guy's taking advantage of legalized weed.
Speaker 2: I have no talking about the boys back in town that we play sometimes. Yeah we play that, all right, but we still play it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe it was the wop one. It was the Cardi B one? Which one was that we did? We did a Cardi b intro? All right, we did. Here's our last one.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 23: Brooklyn boys? Michael from Dayton or Miamisburg either way. This is in reference to two seventy four. I believe you guys are talking about math and equations of what you need. I agree with Scary on this one, which is a rarity, But after geometry, I don't see a point, even though he was stopping at geometry. I'm a carpenter and a homebuilder, so I use geometry a lot.
Speaker 3: But anything past that, I think it is a waste.
Speaker 2: Waste of time. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, we appreciate it, all right.
Speaker 2: I liked this episode, Brody, very nice. I hope it's better than two seventy three, which is the ghost episode. I feel fulfilled? Do you feel fulfilled? You're gonna go back?
Speaker 4: And analyze what was wrong with that podcast. That guy gave you a complex, didn't he talking about ghost all time again?
Speaker 2: BROCLYD Bye Brocly Broly No boys, not brocly