Speaker 1: You can't have the money man sitting in front of you and not pick up some nuggets that he's dropping for you.
Speaker 2: Man, what's hand him?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: You got Marshan, Besma Lynch.
Speaker 4: Doug Hendrickson and Gavin knew Something. You're listening to politickets.
Speaker 2: You to be you known to be?
Speaker 4: Mark Cuban, How you doing, Buddy good Man?
Speaker 3: How are you doing?
Speaker 4: I appreciate you. Jesus Christ. Where the hell haven't you been? Cuban? You've been on every I turned on the TV today. It was like Mark Cuban coming up next. Cuban said this, Well, panel comes back in five minutes. What the hell was wrong with? Cuban says, so and so on Fox?
Speaker 3: Playoffs? It's the playoffs, man, Jesus Christ. In practice, we're talking playoffs.
Speaker 4: Man, oh man, there's nothing you went the hell you're gonna be like on the Cartoon Network next week or something?
Speaker 3: You know? I got that coming up next, Jesus.
Speaker 5: And Mark only know was Marshawn wanted you was his own and when he played Mark, but he couldn't shoot threes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, but we needed somebody in the pain. I don't think anybody.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dog and you feel me, big dog and sheep what you got?
Speaker 2: But you you got? You got play over there now, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it was tough. It was good last night.
Speaker 4: What the hell was that what he had? I don't like this as a warrior guy, I don't want that much left in the tank. It kind of pissed me off. Twenty two points.
Speaker 2: No, no, Gavin, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't tell me.
Speaker 4: I know, I know. I ain't hating on Clay, just the opposite. I just hated him leaving.
Speaker 1: Get the hage balls out your body and my boy was out there pulling like a motherfucker, walked from everywhere.
Speaker 3: Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but he made his first but then his next one just like missed everything, and everybody's like you just.
Speaker 4: Hear the and then it's just bam bam bad.
Speaker 3: Then you knew what he had, man, it.
Speaker 4: Was just what he had like six six threes or something. Right the hell was that bounding he had?
Speaker 3: Like he had hustle, re making passive.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm happy. He's a good dude. Man, he's a really good guy. I'm happy for him.
Speaker 3: And Mark.
Speaker 5: Let me let me start by saying that I just heard you on the All In podcast, And let me tell you something, we are much funner hosting.
Speaker 4: Those guys are. No, we don't, we don't. We don't mess with fellow podcasters. Bro, those guys are an exception. I'm willing to accept that one.
Speaker 5: Though, Mark, as you, we are the state school kids. We're the hustles like you were. I sell the shoes at twelve.
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 5: We're not the Ivy League guys like those guys are. So it could be a funner podcast for you.
Speaker 3: I'm ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I heard you was just with my boys with an all the smoke too, with a.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah I know then and Matt Forever, Man, those guys are cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are man, they yeah, they actually I mean, you know, just you know, I mean com a word. So you know when they had they run out there in Oakland for sure though, and then you.
Speaker 3: Know Matt, Yeah, well, I say I had to give Jack a lot of shit because he was on that team that we were sixty seven, the Warriors beat us, that we believe team, and that was just like there was no fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, they both came. They both came through Oak and so man, you know, I was a youngster to looking up and they they attitudes was something that just you feel me though, I connected with like, you know, bigger than basketball.
Speaker 2: And you might catch them.
Speaker 1: You know, I probably shouldn't be saying, but you know, you could catch them out at the at the clubs and that, and.
Speaker 3: Really doctor hears that.
Speaker 2: You might catch them and Mangoes and Jeffrey's or something.
Speaker 1: I'm like, motherfucker, and they're looking at like, little young ass boy, what the hell your young ass doing it?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Shit saying now you're doing big.
Speaker 3: Dump because I can. Let's go because I can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Govin, you got to jump right in, Gavin, you got some stuff from Mark now I know it.
Speaker 4: But no what I'm crawling out of my skin this week with and I'm sorry that just a little bit of politics. We can get on all this other good stuff.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: But just a little bit, man, I'm serious about this. When the La Times decided not to endorse and then the Washington Post doubled down on that, and it just opened up a lot. I mean, you can't help but just wonder what the hell that's all about? Really, what's that about.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean there's two things there right. One is does it really matter? Okay, because in this day and age, they're not the gatekeepers anymore, you know ten years ago, maybe five years ago even a little bit. But now, I mean it's like you can look at candidates that have gotten endorsed by major papers and hasn't made a difference.
Speaker 4: No, But Mark, but what But the thing for me, I totally agree with you. I know what you're saying though, like, you know, but what it what it represents?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is there an intimidation factor behind it? You know? And that that's the ultimate question, you know, And I think what it represents is a big shift. You know, in twenty sixteen and twenty twenty, it was the Trumpers that were the silent majority or silent half the country. Now I think that's fliplocked. I think the Trumpers they've been emboldened by Twitter. You know, Elon is out there pushing them saying, hey, you know this is the spot. It's all Trump all the time, and people that's giving them Twitter courage and you know that process, you know, I think that impacted what the Times is doing and what the Post is doing. And I also think you know, if you look at just podcasts across the board, the right wing ones tend to do better and generate more revenue. And I think that's that's part of it as well. You know, Republicans by sneakers too.
Speaker 4: And what is it? And why do you think that's a case they're just more entertaining? Uh, it's what it's the message, what is it?
Speaker 3: I think Republicans SKW a little bit older, and I think there's a lot of reinforcement when you know, and also the branding of the quote unquote mainstream stream media. For a long time, it definitely leaned left, for sure, right and they would tell you that's still the case today. But with digital media, everything has grown so quickly that the stronger players and with the bigger audiences, particularly online, tend to lean right. And there's more money there and maybe, you know, you know, we want to think that it's you know, Elon, you know, or whoever influencing the La Times and whoever influencing bezos, But maybe it's just the dollars. Maybe it's just the free market saying, you know what, more of our customers spend money that are that lean right, and our content plays better when it leans right, I'm guessing, of course, but you got to look at all those possible options, and when it.
Speaker 4: Comes to the podcast are you it's interesting just in terms of where the audience skews, but it also begs the question, there's sort of this bro culture were keep talking about right now, I know, you know, and that's been a big conversation around to this gender gap in this election, which goes in both directions significantly. We tend to only talk about the gender gap as it favors Trump, not necessarily the one that Kamal has pulled away with. But what do you do you even subscribe to this quote unquote bro culture?
Speaker 3: Does it even mean any team? Look, you know, Marshawn's a little bit too old for this now, but you know me.
Speaker 2: Give me some give me some dang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some dude's coming up now. They don't know newspapers. My son's fifteen, my daughter's eighteen. They don't know newspapers. They don't look at that stuff at all. Right, They don't watch the news, they don't turn on the TV for news. They go to Instagram and TikTok and YouTube and they scroll and they get what the algorithm gives them and they also like get used to watching the Theo Vonn's, the nel Boys. The part of my take all these all these folks, and again it's self reinforcing. You're gonna say the shit that gets more people to watch and listen. It's like Joe Rogan, Joe Rogan didn't used to be right, you know, lean right, and it paid off for him, you know, and you went with it and can't You can't be mad at him. You can't be mad at him for doing what's best for his business. But that bro culture, you know, think about what a hitch. The best way, you know, my little parenting secret for my kids, they're fifteen, eighteen, and twenty one now, so it still applies to my youngest. But the best way to get to know what's in their head is just to look at their scrolls on TikTok and Instagram.
Speaker 2: That's how you know about search engine and that history.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, you know, but you know because they're all day long scrolling, right, And so I look over my son's shoulder and like I'm seeing basketball, basketball, football, football fantasy fantasy fans, hot girl, basketball basketball bas hot girl, you know, And that's Okay, I'm cool with those ratios, and I know those ratios are going to change.
Speaker 4: I know yours are a lot different than that, right Mark.
Speaker 3: No, I love my wife, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: We were just we were just talking about the algorithm and how our playing. I said, you know, a couple of my family members show me they they algorithms. And it was just butt cheeks, that's all. It was butt checks and.
Speaker 3: You know or not?
Speaker 4: Right, am I lion? My lion? Oh shit, Doug, get us out of this, brother, Get us out of this, Get me out of this. I can't afford this conversation, man.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man, it is. It is crazy. And the thing is them algorithms.
Speaker 2: They don't they don't they don't know no, they don't know no ages, they don't know no gender, they don't know none of that. They just they just feed it to you. Yep.
Speaker 3: And that's I think when you talk about the bro culture and the deficit with men, and then you add to that like crypto, right, because if you're into crypto, you're you know, it's mostly young men. Like when we were growing up, it was a big deal to get a bank account, your first checking account, to write your first check, to get your first check. Now you just download robin hood or coinbase, you buy yourself some doche cone coin, You go and Reddit and you talk about you know, to the moon and you know bitcoin this and theoryum that, and you know. And that's kids, particularly kids of color that are eighteen to twenty five, because that's their savings account. And you know that I think also has hurt the Democrats sum But kam La figured it out right, you started talking about it. She got to it and said, you know what that's this is their savings account, this is their net worth, and we're going to support them.
Speaker 4: So interesting, jove me crazy. Biden was slow to that, and she finally picked up on that.
Speaker 3: Mark he didn't give it.
Speaker 4: It was interesting. It's not a knockout. I mean, I love the guy, but it was interesting. It was a stubborn thing.
Speaker 3: Knocked on him. It was a knock on him. You know, he just didn't get.
Speaker 4: Out of market. Out of market. We all say get that, Gavin, go ahead, gub no. By the way, Mark was one of Cuban was one of the first to take bitcoin of the damn you were the maps, right, I know you.
Speaker 2: Because I know you the money man. So should I be? Should I be thinking?
Speaker 3: Jesus own a bunch, right, It's not a bad thing to own some bitcoin, a little bit of ethereum, you know, just to hold it there. It's like digital gold.
Speaker 4: What you're calling your broker?
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 1: You just know? I'm saying you don't, man, you don't fucking pair us up. No goddamn game from the money man. And think that you be all right when you hear the money man speak up, you listen, So hold on, say that one more time.
Speaker 3: Ethereum and it's just ethereum and bitcoin. That's what I would stick to. And let me just tell you. They can go down a lot. They can go. It's just like regular gold. You know. Gold is kind of the old school way to save money in a commodity and bitcoin and the theorem or the new school way. But the difference is it's easier when you do it all in and app and you can track it all and see what's going on. But you just got to put it away, just by a little bit. Put it away, forget about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, French, hold on, fish look bad.
Speaker 4: He likes his money.
Speaker 2: Mark I mean, you know I took.
Speaker 4: By the way, Mark, he's got a lot to invest. This son of a bitch saved all his money. He saved every damn penny.
Speaker 5: By the way, before you begin, Marshawn, this is funny. Hey, Mark, no bullshit. When I was Marshawn's asient back in the day, he had a million to one point two million dollars in fines going into Super Bowl and Goodell was gonna find him for not talking. He said, Hey man, I'm not giving any fucking white boy my money. Fuck this, I'm gonna talk and Mark. Tell them Mark, Marshawn, how many finds you accumulated in your career.
Speaker 3: I think one point two million was like the warm up. I was show like the ship they find me for. When I first got to the NBA, like my first year, I'm like, I want to get to know people on the squad, get to know the staff and everything. So you know the dudes that sit down next to the bench and they pick up all they give the gear and everything. So I'm saying, I'm gonna sit down there and I'm just gonna talk to him during the game. While I'm watching the game, I get a call the next day and it's David Stern. Rest in peace, Dave. He's a good dude. He said, I gotta find you. Mark. I'm like, for what con deck unbecoming an owner, for sitting on the floor next to the training staff. I'm like, that's crazy, that's crazy. So and I said, you, well, two things. One I'm gonna mash out the charity, which I always did with my fines, and two, let me find a better way to get fined.
Speaker 1: Fuck y'all, hold on because I got more of because now you talk about the ownership, because I got I got a little bit with but ownership too, because I need some of that too, because you know the Seattle Cracking. Yeah, I mean I got you know, I mean I got my foot in it though, so you know what I mean. You know, I mean got a little ownership of the Seattle Cracking the hockey team. So I can't talk to the to the to the staff on ice right, So that that means I couldn't go down there and talk to them, otherwise I would get a fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, what is this?
Speaker 2: Why you're aware?
Speaker 4: I never seen Marshawn with glasses. You can't prepare to be a student today with that man, who.
Speaker 1: The fuck would pass this fucking opportunity on getting this game? And see now we're here, now we're here.
Speaker 2: But you can't. You can't. Fucking you can't.
Speaker 1: Man, Come on now, Dah, you can't, batman, you can't have it. You can't have the money man sitting in front of you and not pick up some nuggets that he's dropping for you, especially when I'm trying to get into that you feel me on the next you know what I mean, understanding how this ship really worked. Now, I know you made a joke about you know, hitting my financial advisors, but already sent the text out this big coin and now I need to find ways.
Speaker 3: Marshan Marshaan, do this download that called coinbase coinbase yeah, or and or robin Hood and just play with it. Just get a feel, give yourself like one thousand dollars in there, five thousand dollars, and just play with it before you do anything else, just so you can get a feel for what's going on.
Speaker 1: All right, You ain't gonna lie first with because man, they came back to me probably like five five years ago, my boy see me Rice, and he like, man, you gotta get on this on this big coin, and he trying to explain to me, like how it works, and I'm like, so it's not really money, like I can't touch it, or is it like a real coin that they gonna get like hot?
Speaker 2: No, man, look, it's the new wave, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: This is what everybody gonna go to in the next few years. It's gonna be you know, I mean that paper money. You know what I mean because you say about you know, owning a bank account, and we know, shoe box money, money under the mattress, you know, I mean we didn't you know the bank account and how that worked, you know, the savings and you know what I mean. They taking a little bit out of this and going to invest it over here and doing thing was I don't know why why they taking my money? I don't I can't understand that. And then so now with this, I was, you know, I was really scared of it. Like so it's just make believe no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: It's digital, right, And so it's this thing called the blockchain, and it's a way to do different types of applications, and you know, it's just like all your real money all you know, all your money in the bank, right, It's not there's not somebody there holding like however much you got in the bank, there's not somebody. There's not a box at the bank with all your money. Right. They put it in, they loan it out, they put it, get put it in different opportunities, and they track it all digitally. And with this with crypto, it's you know a little bit similar in that you can loan it out, you can use it for different applications, you can save it, and on a supply and demand basis for bigcoin and ethereum, if there's more demand than there is supply, then the price goes up. If there's more supply than there is demand, the price goes down. It's just like gold, right, Yeah, it's just like.
Speaker 2: Ya, So I knew.
Speaker 1: So I knew it was serious when I was at the UH at the casino and then I see you know, the ATM, and then they had next to it they had a bigcoin.
Speaker 3: Htm yeah, the big.
Speaker 6: Coin danger danger Like oh okay, so hey, so if y'all wasn't listening before, you know, I'm talking to the people, to my people, Hey.
Speaker 2: Y'all listen.
Speaker 1: Blockchain coin base Robin Hood yeah, I mean bitcoin and Eutherium.
Speaker 4: I feel like I need a disclosure usually your well Mark.
Speaker 5: I got to be honest, so you know, I work for Casey Washerman. You're a good friend, and I run football. It's been an Asian for thirty years, and I got to be honest with you, like I've always been a massive fan of you and what you've done because you've been cutting edge. And if you look at if you go back to when you bought the Maths in two thousand, you know, it's interesting because you came in as a young owner and immediately said, I got to get the team, the right facility, mental health, coach, playing all that, and you're still you were way ahead of the game twenty four years ago. And even today the relationships you had with your players and you talking about post career about financial literacy. Owners today, very few of them are doing that. And we're talking twenty four years later.
Speaker 3: Now. It's changed a lot too, because back in the day, like you know, even when Marshawn came into the league of the NFL, there's mostly individual owners in the NFL, and they're opening up now for investment groups. In the NBA, there's more investment groups than there are individual owners. And that's changed it, right because for me, like I was the only guy, and like I could do whatever I want to hang out, go to the clubs, chill, just get to know them. It was fun. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Check the algorithms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get the algorithm work. But you know, it also was about understanding what put us in the best position to win. How do you build culture, how do you build chemistry? What's going to put you know? One of the things I did. So when I first came in, there was a head coach and there were three assistant coaches and that was it. And I was like, damn, we spend more money on computer repairs and computer training than we do on development for our players. So I went out and I got five fifteen former Mavericks and I'm like, come on in. Each of you gets to signed a player and you're their workout coach, you're the skills development coach. And that's the whole thing. Now you go, you know, if you go to a game, watch before the game, if you get there early, how many coaches there are on the court working with the players. That all started back then, So they picked up on some stuff, but it's competitive. You know, every team's always looking for the edge.
Speaker 5: But Mark, did you look at did you look at like Eddie de Bartelow and what he did in Jerry Buston And did you take anything from those guys because there were the two owners prior to you that really number one took care of the players and had the relationships.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I love Jerry, but he was the best. Like when I first got there, he like took me under his wing and he was like, fuck, there was other owners. Like he told me a story about when he gave Magic Johnson a twenty five year contract for a million dollars a year after he got HIV, and he told me other stories I can't repeat, but it was just like, you know what, you be yourself. That's what got you here. Is what works for you. Don't change for us. Be yourself. And that's what I did. And literally I had one one meeting I was in early on and there was a dude who owned the Wizards, I think, and I'd already been find a couple of times and you know, getting a lot of media coverage, and in the meeting, he goes, you need to just shiit sit yourself down and shut the fuck up until you do something. And it's like some old dude and I like, I didn't even know his name yet and he's given me shit and like didn't starting to chill. But yeah, there was just a bunch of old dudes that didn't care. They didn't care about winning, which was good for me because like when there were times when they couldn't afford to keep the roster anymore, I would just swoop in and do a trade and and you know, take their best player, Dirk.
Speaker 1: So look, you know what's crazy about that is uh, you know, because I came from Buffalo, and you know, Ralph Wilson, I believe, was one of the original owners, and you know we really rarely had any uh contact with ing, but you know, every now and dan he would come. I remember I had a game and yeah, I mean he came in and was like, hey man, we're gonna try to do something to get you some help. And I'm just like, damn. Everybody was like, hold on, was that the owner?
Speaker 3: He just talked to me.
Speaker 1: So when I get traded to uh Seattle, you know, Paul Allen rest in peace.
Speaker 2: That's my dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a different guy. He's a different guy, but he was a party gold.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people was telling me, oh yeah, Paul Allen and this and then the third and blah blah blah blah blah blah, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Man, okay.
Speaker 1: So I had a Foundation dinner and he came, and everybody like what the fuck, Like, how'd you get How did you get Paul Alin to come to your fucking dam. I'm like, shit, I don't know, but it came. He played, he played, played his guitar, and I sat next to him, and I'm just having conversation, like because in my head I'm thinking, like everybody, oh, he's weird and this and that and the third.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, man, like man, fuck that. I'm like, hey, dog, what's hand? And man, how you doing? Like yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, everybody been telling me you weird and you park and shit, and I'm like, well, shit, you want to get a drink. You're like, shit, all right, what we drinking? I'm like Patrinity, he said, Patrol. I'm like, it's a half Look now, I'm excited. Man, It's a half shot of Patrol. It's a half shot of he and we don't be on and he like, okay, cool, all right, So man, I took the shot with him, like yeah, we politic the whole day for me at the event, you know what I mean, got people then and then this is when I'm like oh yeah, oh he different. So he gave me his email like, hey, you know, if you ever need some help or you want to figure something out, yeah, don't hesitate to hit me. So I was trying to get a beast Mode store in Seattle. So I just hit him up like, hey, what's up, man, I'm looking for a building and blah blah blah. He didn't respond to me. But that day I got a call like, hey, man, Seawan, I'm so and so Paul Ellen you know told me you reached out. We heard you looking for a space. What you're looking for? So I told him to specs on what I'm looking for. Okay, when can you check it out? I'm in Oakland. I'm like today, say okay, cool?
Speaker 2: What time? I said, like around six?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: I flew from Oakland to Seattle. They took me to like three four different buildings. I'm like, oh, I like this one, okay, cool, it's done. I'm like, what you mean is done? Like it's done. When Paul says something, we.
Speaker 2: Go and get it done. And I'm like, god damn. So within what maybe four.
Speaker 1: Or five hours, I secured the building, secured the space is right, it was right next to the stadium, and I'm just like, oh, yeah, this this this guy.
Speaker 3: That's cool. This guy is this salary cap violation in the NBA.
Speaker 4: But that.
Speaker 3: You know, but no, I feel you that that's that's who he was. Man. He had a heart of gold.
Speaker 1: But that's the kind of owner that I like, I see you as like when it comes to some real ship.
Speaker 5: Why are more NFL owners not like you in the NBA? Is it just you think it's a level of players in the team, the amount of players turn.
Speaker 4: Over what you know.
Speaker 3: I'm a ball as life guy, you know, but half half the most fun I have is the games and the other half is like I get to go out in the court before a game and get up shots and play one on one or you know, get some running and when you live it, like, if you're a football guy at heart, you're gonna want to be out there and talking to people. If it's just a business, then you're not, you know, then you're just going to treat it as a business. You know, if you've played the game, but you know what it's like, like Marshawn, you know what it's like now you watch a game and your body's moving because you're looking and you're thinking, right, what's going on? Right? You know, anybody who's played, I don't care what level it is in basketball, when when it's your team and you're watching the game and you're you know, and you feel it the whole time, Yeah, exactly, we And so that's the difference. Not some guys buy it for the investment. Some people buy it because it's the family business, or in it because of the family business. And some people, you know, they bought the team for the love of the game. And when you buy for the love of the game, you'll just see it's a whole different perspective market.
Speaker 4: But I'm curious because there's a there's different trains of thoughts. I mean, obviously, your success and what you've been able to build and brand and and and and and initiate, I mean so many ways, it's the culture you've initiated and inspired, But there are a lot of others sort of I can think of a few names. I won't mention where there's such a dominant owner that you sometimes wonder if that dominant owner weren't the one making every damn decision, or wasn't ubiquitous step back, had a different group come in, that the team would actually perform at a different level.
Speaker 3: I've been to both. When we were winning, I was a genius. When we were losing, I was a fucking idiot, you know, And that's that's just the way it goes. And you know, it's it's a it's very Darwinian. Either it's on the left. I mean, it's in the wind column and you're going to the playoffs and you're getting somewhere, or it's not. And if you're an owner like I was, that was really involved. And part of the reason, Gavin is it's a lot of fucking money. I don't care who you are. You know, when you're making a decision on a contract that's going to be one hundred million or now one hundred and fifty or two hundred million, you want to make sure that the process is right and you're getting it right. And in the NFL it's a hard cap, you know, and it's you. Everybody gives themselves a little leeway to do buyouts, but if you get it wrong, particularly at the quarterback position, doesn't matter how smart you are. If you did everything right and then you got it wrong, and sometimes it's just luck. Luck is more important than ninety nine percent of anything else that happens in the NFL. If you get matched up with the conference that sucks, you know, and you got your game against them, you're gonna look like a hero in the NBA. You know. If if like the MAVs and we've been alive for forty five years, forty five drafts, not one time at the Mavericks ever got the number one pick. Not one time have the Mavericks ever moved up in the draft. Not I'm just talking about move up like the Luk a year, we worked really hard to have the third worst record, but we ended up with the fifth pick after the lottery.
Speaker 4: You're not supposed to say that out loud Mark said.
Speaker 2: We were really committed.
Speaker 3: The development season. It was a development season and that was hard because they were needed a lot of development. And we had the third worst record, ended up with the fifth pick, and that caught us cost us the draft pick. Then you look at San Antonio. Right, So I bought the team in two thousand and ninety eight, I forget, I'm not gonna get the years, right, but not one year they they they tank and they get David Robinson. Then David Robinson gets.
Speaker 4: Hurt and they Jim Duncan.
Speaker 3: Jim Duncan. Then this last year they get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I can't catch her break.
Speaker 5: In twenty fourteen, you said you kind of said the NFL in your mind had about a ten year run. You were a concern and do you see I mean to me as an NFL agent, you know people Number one of the gambling has been big, right, But people love the violence. They love the injuries, they love the hits, they love every play means something. Was your opinion back then, just from the standpoint of concussions and whatnot.
Speaker 3: That was a little bit of it. That was a little bit of it, and that's still kind of an issue. But my point back then was that they were trying to put it on too many nights of TV, and so they went it went from Sunday night and Monday night to Thursday night and then a Friday night game. Sometimes and whenever it was Saturday games sometimes and I thought it would be overpasturated. Obviously I was wrong. And what I didn't account for as much as I should have isn't so much gambling, even though that helps luck. But fucking fantasy sports.
Speaker 4: Fantasy, right, that's it.
Speaker 3: People like get pissed if you don't. They get pissed at you if like, if the over under, you don't do this, you don't do that, and you know they lose money. But fantasy sports, you know, they're thinking, I'm gonna have to wear a fucking dress to school if I lose this season, my god. Right, And that's what drove the NFL, because realize it was only thirty years ago that there was teams leaving in the middle of the night. Yep. And then all of a sudden Yahoo comes along and starts fantasy sports, you know, for the NFL, and bam, it just blows up, and it's the only sport that really works. Well. Basketball's got fantasy sports, but there's too many games you have all week to work on it. And the other thing about football that I didn't account for, there's only what twelve minutes of actual action in a football game, so it's a lot easier to watch football. If you look at the ratings, it's an inverse relationship between the amount of minutes played. The games with that have the most minutes, like soccer have the worst ratings because you got to watch the whole time. Baseball has the next worst ratings because you got to watch the whole time. Then basketball gets better because it's, you know, forty eight minutes, and then football's got twelve minutes. You can take a shit, you can you know, do your homework, and you're not going to miss the play. And it's just football is the easiest sports to watch.
Speaker 4: It's really interesting. Didn't you make a play for Well, you've made a play for hell, half the damn teams and all these leagues. I mean, I see your name as socially a couple, only a couple, Only a couple.
Speaker 3: But when I first made money in Soul broadcast dot Com, because I grew up in Pittsburgh, I took a look at the Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Penguins. I wasn't a hockey guy, but they were. They were at thread of closing down or moving and so that's why I looked at it. But it didn't work out. Mary Lemieux ended up buying him. And then I looked at the Cubs in two thousand and eight because it was the Cubs. Didn't happen in twenty ten, you know the Cubs real quick. So I was talking to Sam I forget his last name, real estate guy, raspy voice, and I offered. I sat in his office and I offered him eight hundred million dollars for the Cubs. And he's going to get on his knee say thank you very much, you're right now. No, I'm like, okay, that's my offer. So that that's what happened there. And then twenty ten, the Rangers went up to bankruptcy and I was in the bidding for that in a bankruptcy court and Major League Baseball. But Celik, the the commissioner, just told people to tell me, there ain't no fucking way we're letting you win this. And then that's what happened there.
Speaker 4: What was that about? Just that was some personal thing? What wasn't They thought?
Speaker 3: They thought I was going to be the next George Steinbrenner in fuck up the no salary cap league.
Speaker 4: Well, Mark, we need you to come in and buy the age.
Speaker 5: When they were here.
Speaker 4: That's a fucking disasters, you know conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's but I mean I've had enough. Baseball is too many games. I would be dead because I'd get so into it.
Speaker 5: And Mark, let me ask you a question as you won't you've been stated that you don't like traditional politics. But you know what, I know you've actually liked Gavin. You like him as a person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're kind of stuck saying that now, Mark Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: By the way, like you would not agree with you.
Speaker 4: So Mark's going to be completely honest. Thanks, asshole.
Speaker 5: But Mark, the second part of that is, as you know, there's been some rumors that the Oakland mayor might be recalled.
Speaker 4: And guess what we.
Speaker 3: Got, Marshan. He's a real politician.
Speaker 5: Now more we might have a dream team as a non traditional politician to run Oakland, which you're.
Speaker 4: Telling to give give him the best advice you can, stay away from politics and let him enjoy his life.
Speaker 3: Okay. You can have two different attitudes, right, there's the whole public service attitude and there's the ald what the fuck, let's just be what it's like attitude. Right, what's the word you lose? You learn, you win, You fuck them all up, right, you change the game.
Speaker 4: I like the latter. You've convinced me, Marshaan, you gotta do it, bro.
Speaker 1: Look get I told you man, I got a secret weapon. Man, Batman, you got to come.
Speaker 2: Through for me.
Speaker 3: So I did. I did Dancing with the Stars, and I'll tell you why. I did Dancing with such which was the hardest scariest thing I've ever done in my life, dancing live in front of twenty two million people. But I did before, so that was cool. But and I said to myself, I don't want to be ninety five years old and look back on my in my last days and said what it could have should have Why didn't I do it? So if it's something you think in twenty thirty, forty fifty years you're gonna look back and say, damn, I should have done that, you always do it.
Speaker 4: Don't dream of regretting. I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm in it, man, because you know. And the thing is when you talk about traditional politics and all of that type of shit, like not a traditional type of motherfucker.
Speaker 2: First and foreman.
Speaker 1: Then at the end of the day is like I'm looking at my city and what is really going through And it's like, you know what I mean, the way I see it is like, you know, the politicians they're going there with with a mindset and you know, I'm not talking about you specifically, gathered, but you know, the motherfuckers beat bunk and they got a narrative and they got you know what I mean, ultier motives that they trying to get, you know what i mean, pushed and I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: Most of them just want power. It's all about power, man, because if you, if you have don't have another skill, like you busted your ass, right, people don't realize what's evolved. Everybody tells you they could have been that next Marshawn Lynch, right, and you already come up, I'm going to be you. But then when you ask them how much work they do, it just don't add up, don't. It doesn't happen, right.
Speaker 2: They math ain't math. And when it comes to.
Speaker 3: It, politics is like the path of least resistance to get power. You can go and accomplished, and you can go and win an election. Just look at you know who Kambla Harris is running against.
Speaker 4: You know, and what is it? There's sort of an archetype. I mean, well, I mean, let's talk. Why the hell are you Mark Cuban. You have put yourself so goddamn far out in this election. It's one thing you've dabbled in this stuff, you go. I mean, you've not just dabbled. You've been rumored to run for president yourself back in twenty twenty. You had some fun with that as well. I thought you were pretty damn serious about it, and you supported candidates at all political parties, which is great. You kind of I mean sort of associated with a sort of a libertary framework. But man, you are next level all in for Kamala and that has all the benefits and all the damn risks attached to it. What are you doing? What are you thinking? I love it, but I appreciate it, But what are you thinking?
Speaker 3: I mean, this country is important to me. I don't you know, you guys don't know who the fuck I am if it weren't for all the things this country has given me and that I respect and I appreciate and don't take for granted. And I never really got into politics hard until Trump ran. And you know, initially I actually supported him because I thought he had no chance to win, and I just thought, Okay, he's not a politician. You know, he's going to bring a different perspective and that's cool, but he just doesn't do the work. He cares about himself. He doesn't, you know, understand policy or try to understand policy. It's all on feel. He's just a salesperson. He's not trying to do the right thing. And that scares me, you know. And we can get into all the things that we all read about and hear about and all that kind of stuff that's scary, That is really really scary, and I just don't want to see that for my kids. And honestly, I didn't. I didn't think it would snowball like this, you know. But all I'm really doing is going out and doing interviews and doing town halls. It's not like you know, in.
Speaker 4: A rally or two here and there. You did one last week.
Speaker 3: That was one of those life experiences right where you're getting front, you know that stuff that was in front of ten thousand people and give it a speech.
Speaker 4: Man, you hit it, you nailed it. I texted you. I thought it was great, bro, you crushed it. Man.
Speaker 3: I was fine. I wrote it about ten minutes before I got there in the car on the way, so I'm looking on my phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had it on the phone. I'm like, this is a modern version.
Speaker 5: Geez Mark, let me ask you a question as an as an ex NBA owner.
Speaker 4: It's interesting.
Speaker 5: The other day I called literally sixty five of my clients across the NFL and I said, hey, I'm just curious. I don't care who you voting for. I'm just curious who do you think the majority of the locker room was voting for. And universally every one of them said Trump. And you're an NBA guy, Why do you think that is. As far as the athletes in terms of their mindset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they think he's going to be better for money, and that's why I'm out there. Tell him he's not the tariffs he's trying to propose awful for athletes. Right, they'll make but bigger picture, look, you know COMO will probably increase their income tax two percent, and to some people that's big deal, right, to other people, they'll put the country first. But the bigger thing is is how he's going to treat people. If you know, every single one of those players does something in the community. Almost all of them have foundations that get involved in the community. And if they think that Donald Trump is going to be supportive of people of color, They've got another thing coming. It's just going to make their lives harder. But look, athletes have never been known for doing the work. In terms of most people, ninety nine percent of people just now, like we're saying before, just get their information from memes. And you know, Dan well, you know, players are on Instagram all day every day looking for them.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's good to hear though from somebody who you know, I mean actually, yeah, I mean done the work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, if you look at what's going on, Like there's thirty three million companies in this in this country, ninety nine percent of them are small businesses, their sub chapter s or limited liability corporations through through pass through right, and Kamala has said if you make four hundred thousand dollars or less, your taxes are either going to stay the same or go down, which means ninety nine percent of the owners of those companies, their taxes are going to stay the same or go down. So there's nothing that Donald Trump is doing that's going to impact positively any of those any of those companies. But on the flip side, if you're a small business, and let's well, let's just take a step back. Let's just say you're planning your Christmas buys for Christmas now, right right around now, you're thinking about what you're going to get your kids a year from now. Donald Trump's in office, and he puts sixty percent tariffs on China. Let me just tell you, most of the shit you were going to buy your family, friends and kids is from China, and that means all those prices are going up. So you tell the athletes wretch, You tell him you're like all the presents and shit you're going to get him next year. If you win, you're paying a whole lot more. But he gets worse, right, because where do you buy all that shit from a lot of it you buy from small businesses. You buy from your jewelry dude, right, You buy the shoes at that store that only the only one that carries your size in Atlanta, whatever it is, right, and you don't have as much money to spend because those tariffs jacked up all those costs. So those small businesses are suffering now too, And a lot of them are going to go out of business like they did last time. Trump got into a tariff for so I'm out there telling people this is what's going to happen if he does his tariffs. Most people just don't understand that. But I've had to live it.
Speaker 4: And by the way, that's why people are listening to it. We've been talking about this tear I must have. I've been out on the road. I give that tariff speech. No one gives a damn. You go out there and it's like, wait, it's like Marshawn pulls out the pen. It's like Cuban's saying this there he is like, all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: You've got to relate it to people's pocketbook. When you just say it's a tax, it's just like sales tax. People don't think twice right. But when you say, okay, Christmas.
Speaker 4: Christmas, I love it, and then you're the only guy saying that, only goddamn guy saying that. You're a spot on man.
Speaker 5: Well, well, Mark, Mark, My question is, so is combling them are they doing? Do they have the right message in terms of dumbing it down and giving the bullet points to what people need to hear, well.
Speaker 3: That's what they got me going out there because Kama, Look, Kamma just got out there thirteen weeks ago, and she would think about this, you got to do that was the president ran for president in twenty twenty, been campaigning ever since. So that's nine straight years he's campaigning or president. And in thirteen weeks this lady comes along that people just know she's the vice president, didn't have high favorable ratings, didn't have high visibility, and just up to the motherfucker right, you got all of a sudden, you know, that's like me running a race against Marshawn like and all of a sudden, I'm catching up. It's like, what the hell is going on? And so the published a lot. But I'm gonna tell you, guys, the worst part of what I see from Donald Trump big picture, right, and that's deportations. He's talking about mass deportations. If you all know anybody who's got a relative that isn't all doesn't have all their documentation down, like you might have somebody whose grandmother came over thirty years ago or grandpap came over thirty years ago, and they got three American kids and four American grandkids. Don't be surprised if someone comes knocking on their door. Don't be surprised if someone shows up at your office and goes, okay, I want to know. You know, there's this thing called I nine which determines their immigration status and everything their worst status. I want your I nine list of every single employee so I can go knock on their door at their house to find out there's anybody undocumented there. And don't be surprised if all of a sudden, like the way Trump is talking about using this American I forget the AA of seventeen ninety eight.
Speaker 4: Was yeah, I mean, I mean this which we use to in turn the Japanese, but it's worse like so literally with this this law from seventeen ninety eight, if he says that we're at war, just like that's how we got the tariffs, and he said we were at war with China, economic war.
Speaker 3: With China, and so if he does something like that, it's not just about deporting people who are here illegally or undocumented. He can take somebody who's here legally. So if he says we've got something going on with Venezuela, you're here legally, you've got residency, Siah, he's got that option. Imagine what happens, Maean in Oakland if somebody's knocking on doors going through I don't know Oakland at all, but going through a part of part of town where there's a community where there are a lot of undocumented people. They may be grandparents, they may be workers, whatever it is that have been here for decades, and people start pulling people out of the house. I mean, do you how do you think people are going to respond.
Speaker 2: I know how they're going to respond.
Speaker 3: That's right, Oakland.
Speaker 2: It's already violent.
Speaker 1: It'll get it'll get even even more violentating you know how people feel about.
Speaker 2: They you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: They their family, right, you can't come.
Speaker 2: Their grandparents, like, that's one thing.
Speaker 3: You know, cousins, their nephews, right. We all know somebody who's got somebody undocumented in their family. We know somebody who's undocumented.
Speaker 5: And so Mark, you think you think this starts like day twenty if he gets in like right away, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he can start doing that immediately. But he's going to set it up. He's talking about it every day. He's talking about it single Day.
Speaker 4: And Mark just I mean, as Mark reminds everybody and from Marshawn and Doug and everyone listening to tariffs, you don't need Congress. Now President of the United States has the unilater ability to impose these tarrorsts sixty percent on all imported goods from China up to twenty percent, and about three point one trillion dollars of imported goods from the rest of the world. We're not even talking about retaliatory terraffs.
Speaker 3: So let me tell you about retaliatory tariffs. Let's just say you want start a company that exports all all the merch that you have. Right, do you guys sell merchandise anywhere outside the country be smoke, Yeah, my beast.
Speaker 1: Mode apparel, Like if you get yeah, I mean somebody buy from from overseas or some year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they don't make it, so you can't afford it. The stuff that you where do you make your stuff? The beast Bode merchandise, where do you make it?
Speaker 2: We make some over in China.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, all of a sudden that beast Boad stuff went up from China went up sixty percent, and from Philippines went up twenty percent. What's that doing to your business?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that hurt. That hurt a lot.
Speaker 4: And that's, by the way, Marshall, that's literally what he's proposing. That's his closing argument in this campaign. And he's delusional about it. Mark's making this point. He literally doesn't understand. He's stuck on stupid back in the nineteen eighties mindset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he tried it before and what ended up happening is China kicked his ass. So he said, China, we're going to tear if you and all this stuff because I want people to make this stuff here. Let's just walk through this, right. If somebody could make something like just say, like your merchandise, if they can make it here at an affordable price, they'd already be doing it. The reason they don't make it here, like I would start that business if I could do it and take that business back. And I have a couple of businesses we you know, set up robotics manufacturing and brought manufacturing back. But if they can make it here, they would have done it already. The reason they don't do it is Americans won't pay more for made in America products. We just won't. If everybody paid twenty percent more for everything. Then you know, beast Mode products could just make it here.
Speaker 4: And by the way, here's in a perfect proof point of that Mark is the Trump Bible is made in China, in damn China. Can't make the shut up?
Speaker 2: Is his shoes made out there too?
Speaker 4: His ties are made there is God. We don't even bring up the sneakers bro or the Swiss watch that's made down at some local damn shopping mall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that. You know, you know why somebody you know why he sells all that shit because he has to.
Speaker 4: Money that's not for the campaign. That's part. He's got his own crypto thing too. Make Sean Marshaun doesn't write that one down. Hey, Mark, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know, and back in the day you were you were friends with them and all that and going through all this stuff. Now does he call you offline and say, hey, Mark, come on, man, like what have you? You don't talk to me any more like that?
Speaker 3: And then I talked to him, and since he invited me to the White House at the end of his term, I haven't talked to him.
Speaker 4: I'm saying with me, man, about the same time, so he did his truth.
Speaker 3: Social thing about me, and he said, oh, I'm a bully. I stuck this and that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you suck as a golfer, bro, what's up with that?
Speaker 3: Come on, Cuban, I told so, I'm going to tell you guys. The truth of what I told everybody else is I could I'll drive him anytime, right, I take you that. The reality is I am golf since nineteen eighty nine. So when he says he's seen me golf, it's so full of shit, right of my one of my customers. And I was one of these dudes that like I hadn't practiced, and I got so mad. I was ready to throw clubs in front of one of my customers. And I was like, there's no chance I can't do this. I'll kill my company. And so yeah, so he talks about my golf clubhead speed and how unethleft. I am like he's the beast right. Hey?
Speaker 4: You know Mark, just you know is we're sure I'm worried about not getting all this stuff and we could talk to you forever, man. But I loved your mindset of just about you know, putting everything out on the line, and you know, you get one chance at life you got. I mean his Doug loves to say, you have only so many summers left, and having that mindset just you're just constantly going, going, going, going. One of the things that I really appreciate, Admyer. You've also gone into one of the most difficult, goddamn businesses in the world, one of the most opaque businesses in the world, and that's the healthcare and drug space, with this cost plush drug dot com business, which I know you and I have had a few exchanges about how the hell is that going? And tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 3: Man. It's called costplus Drugs dot Com. And you talked about the drug industry being opaque before us. You know, you get a prescription, the doctor just says what pharmacy do you use? And you really don't know what it's going to cost. If you're a self insured employer, you have no idea what your medications cost to this day. So what we did, we said, you go to costplus Drugs Drugs dot Com and Marshan pay attention to this one, and you put in this drug called Toadila phil Todd Dila Phil right, which is generic cialis I'm just saying, but if you put that in right and and up it comes, we show you your cost. So we show your cost of what it is, and we show you our markup which is fifteen percent, and then we show you our shipping and handling on our pharmacy fee which is ten bucks, or you can pick up a local pharmacy. By doing that, we've cut the cost of medications for people, in some cases thousands of dollars per month. Like I had one friend he had to drug DROXI doopa, which I still don't know what it does. He was looking at having to pay ten thousand dollars every three months. I said, can carry it. We carried it sixty four dollars a month. And now it's even cheaper than that. And so we're just blowing up. I mean, if people are just going in there, and not only are our patients checking it out and saving a lot of money, but now there's like research companies because we publish our price lists that are going out and saying, Okay, if the federal government or even the state of California had bought all their medications through costplus Drugs dot Com, then you would have say, you know, medicare would have saved three point six billion for these nine drugs, six point three billion a year for these eleven. It's it's insane. And so just that transparency. And I'll tie this back to kalmblom So when I talked to her team and we start talking about ways to cut costs of living for families and households, we talk specifically about this that if you start to take on and Gavin you know about the stuff, If you start to take on the pharmacy benefit managers, the pharmacy middleman who set the prices of medications, you're going to to be able to have an impact. And if you introduce on top of that transparency like cost plus is done, then you're gonna cut cost immediately. And you know, with what she's proposing, I truly believe that you can cut costs twenty thirty forty percent for medications for people's households. And that's a big upset against inflation. And it means, you know, for lots of families, they're spending lots less. And even if you have good insurance, if your if your copay or you're deductible is high, this would still that approach would still save them a lot of money, which would turn things around in terms of how to pocket costs for families.
Speaker 2: And what's the name of that company again?
Speaker 3: Ax plus Drugs dot com? And just put in generic Viagra.
Speaker 4: What oh, all of a sudden, these two guys looked up.
Speaker 3: Because tell you, this is what I tell all my friends, right, I'm like, it costs you for a for a big bag of M and ms, it costs you about ten bucks and you can put them in a bowl next to your bed where ever. You can get ninety generic Silist or generic Biographer nine dollars and ninety cents plus shipping and handling.
Speaker 2: You know, and go beat the breaks off some ship.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Beating ship down. Hear me jumping off the ceiling light.
Speaker 4: Ship and mark to be young and single, Mark to bees.
Speaker 3: That's not the next mayor of Oakland, Californ.
Speaker 4: There you are, Jesus, really, mister good is that doing to represent Oakland? Thank you, Jesus.
Speaker 3: Remain to the birth rate in this country.
Speaker 1: Right hey man? And that and that brings a stress level down, man down. And you know when you got more happy people, you got more happy times.
Speaker 4: Yes, all go mershawn.
Speaker 3: I'm here for you. I'm just trying to do my part.
Speaker 4: And Mark, you have a question.
Speaker 5: Going back way back when, Mark, I was curious because when you dropped out of high school your senior year to go to college, well, your parents behind that, your friends like, what the fuck is this guy doing? I mean, that was the coolest thing in the world, the hustle and grind you had back then. Dude, I applaud big time, man because I've been the same way. And how was their reaction back then when they did that.
Speaker 3: I didn't really tell them. And so I took classes at night at the University of Pittsburgh my junior year and I did well, right, And yeah, I was sixteen. I didn't get a's. I got b's, which is first sixteen year old in college. Was cool, but so I wasn't one of those super you know, geniuses that just taste everything. But then, so I was already in the University of Pittsburgh. I'm like, fuck it, I'm going to go to college and literally because I'm going to have more fun in college than I was in high school because you know, I'm sixteen a little bit now. But I waited more than I do now when I was like a sophomore in junior in high school, and I was five inches shorter, and so I kind of glowed up afterwards, and I was starting to, you know, by the time my senior year came along, and I wanted to take take advantage of that mark.
Speaker 5: But going back to the early days of maths, I mean, you were you were single for how many years before.
Speaker 4: You you're going here?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 5: Three years only he owned hold On Gavin, he owns just freaking team.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, that's why I've said, Thank god it was only three and Mark, Mark, God bless you man. We talked about being on borrow time.
Speaker 5: I mean, that must have been some of the funnest years of life, owning the fucking.
Speaker 4: Developing a long term relationship. No, give some more meaning and purpose.
Speaker 3: Let's take a couple of years before that. Okay, let's go after I sold my first company. It was company called micro Solutions, and I got a few million bucks out of it. So remember the old school steakhouses that like in the movie Casino, where they had these phone jacks and you can get a phone and you can plug it in and call somebody. Oh yeah, to one of these old school steakhouses. I was just fuck up. I mean, I would want another level of stuttering and stumbling and all that. And they're like, what do you want to get? And I'm not really into cars. I already had a house, and I was like, I want to get a lifetime pass and American Airlines I want to see if they have them. So I ask for the phone, I plug it in. I'm like, hello, American Airlines, do you guys have lifetime passes? Sure, let me connect you to the air pass department. So hungover and all, they send me stuff the next day FedEx, and I'm looking at it and it's like one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars for me and somebody else to fly wherever we wanted on American airlines for the rest of my life. Holy shit, that's when I had fun.
Speaker 4: Oh you can do them, yeah, of course. The son of a bitch a few years later buys a g something online for forty goddamn million bucks, So you never even use the damn thing.
Speaker 2: You can buy lifetime pass.
Speaker 4: Not anymore, not anymore?
Speaker 2: What are you grandfathered in?
Speaker 3: No? So I actually I gave it to one of my friends. After my dad. So you're not supposed to be able to give it away, but I give it to my dad he passed, and then I gave it to one of my friends who doesn't fly that much but uses it.
Speaker 2: Well if they don't, Yeah, I mean't find it handy anymore.
Speaker 3: You're next.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know I might be able to put that to use.
Speaker 3: I tell you, by John, I used to spend some time living in Manhattan Beach in LA and I would just go on to the clubs. I'd be like, I want to go to Vegas. What come on, let's just go right now.
Speaker 5: I want to go by the way Mark. Manhattan Beach is my happy place. I'm down there every July. My daughter plays beach volleyball. I love Manhattan Beach. That was your stomping ground Bay Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still got a spot there. Show Backs is my spot.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, yeah, Well then it begs this question, what spot?
Speaker 4: Come on, Cuban, tell the truth. Is it Treasury or SEC? What the hell?
Speaker 3: No? Nothing, I don't want I was just trolling the beach, were joking.
Speaker 4: You were having just because of all the for obvious reasons, having fun on the SEC Treasury is legit though I'm just no.
Speaker 3: LETJB. Diamond get that. I mean to be fun to have your name on the money, that would be cool as shit. But yeah, I like Cosplos Drugs dot Com. I think I can have more impact on the outside than on the inside. And I just I cannot see putting on a suit every day and go to work. Literally, when I after I sold my first company, I got rid of my watches that I'd never wear a watch again because that means I have to be on somebody else's time. And until I got an eye watch for workouts, didn't wear a watch for years decades. And I don't want to go back to having to work on somebody else's clock. I want to be a life.
Speaker 4: I admire your clarity on that, and I've heard you answer similarly, so I appreciate your consistency, but also just reinforces how how meaningful your support of Kamala is at this critical time. No bullshit. I'm just you know, I'm curious, do you really I mean, if Trump actually pulls us I have a lot of friends who are like, come on, man, we survived the first four years. You said the same thing he said the sky was gonna come in. You overstated everything. We were fine up until COVID things were pretty good. Do you, I mean, you really feel this is as existential as some have made it out.
Speaker 3: Like Tony Soprano when he was a baby gangster and first got control of the family, he wasn't all that powerful. But when you're in and you already know the ropes, who knows. Look, I'm not gonna say it's one hundred percent he's going to be all that, but it's certainly greater than zero percent. And that greater than zero percent is enough for me just to say, it's just I don't want to take that risk.
Speaker 2: It's just there's no So how does that the situation? Right?
Speaker 1: So you had a pandemic and Dennis like, oh, yeah, well Trump gave us all this money base and then you know when they finally comes out like oh no, that wasn't a Trump thing, like a yeah, so it is this something whereas like there's money put aside for when you have a pandemic or something.
Speaker 3: That's now there's no money put this guy for anything. Now we're we're in debt.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: It's just it's no different than your house, right, you know, you know people that are in debt and no matter how hard they work, they keep on falling further. For it's like using a credit card. Right, If you use a credit card and it's that twenty nine percent interesting, you don't pay in thirty days, it's just like it's going to add up fast. And that's what's happening to, you know, with us. So the question becomes, who's going to cut the deficit and how are you going to do it? And that's a real question. Like I sat down and did this interview with Kamala and you know, I asked her how do we cut the deficit? And there's like she was like, look, and she did this as ag. She's like, you got to look at programs to see what's efficient and what's working and what's not and some things you're going to have to cut. Others, you know, you have to look big picture that you don't want to cut them, but you can make them more efficient. You can use technology, you can use new tools, you can you know, she told this story at one speech, But it only took one year to build the Empire State building one year, and it takes longer than that just to think about getting permits these day, and so she's talked about reducing that. And if you start doing those things and growing, then you can deal with the deficit. But if you're Trump and you've got all these tariffs and you crush the economy, you can't grow your way out of it.
Speaker 4: I love it, and speaking the way out, You're out of Shark Tank. One more season, Huh.
Speaker 3: That's it. I'm done filming. This is my fifteenth season. That was enough. We shoot in September and June. In September in Culver City, it's sony, but June is when my kids would always get out of school. In September is when they go back, and I was always missing the shit. And I was like, you know, when they were little, I can make them work around my schedule and do what I want them to do. Now that they're teenagers in twenty one, they don't give a shit about me. Right, I got to work to their schedule, and so I don't want to miss that.
Speaker 4: And was that a big honestly, was that a big part of why you sold the majority stake in the mass so much?
Speaker 3: A little bit, right, because like we were just talking about all the shit owners get and like, if you're doing well, you're a hero. And if not, everybody say, I don't want my kids to be in that position, at least the way things are right now. And you know, it's not that they would take over tomorrow, but I've seen what happen where it just destroys the kids of owners. You know that that come in and it's not easy. And so that's part one, and part two is just the nature of the economics of the game. Like when it was media and tech, I was the guy, right, you couldn't get anything by me. I knew what was going on. I would do shit in the league wild say don't do it, I do it. Then they start doing it, and that I had an advantage. Now the whole thing is real estate, real estate, and see, you know, and that's just not my thing. And I don't want to be in a position where I'm putting up two billion dollars to get an education on real estate and gaming, you know. And so so that was the other reason I sold.
Speaker 4: So, Mark, would you would you get back in the Entourage series again?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 4: If it came back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Actually, Doug Ellen put together a little something, so we'll see if it catches on that I went back to. That was so much fun. And my boy Russ Wilson, right, he's on the Steelers. Now we did the truck.
Speaker 4: We know, Russ. Someone did hand marshawn the ball off Mark in the shop. Jesus, we really we got to go back to that. That was the guy upstairs conspiracy because you're living, Marshan is not just bring.
Speaker 2: Live, let me live. Let me tell you this fresh you should have You should have pulled me by the you know, I mean by the collar, like, hey, I understand this football thing is is all right, but you should have pulled me, told me to go get a jump shot or something. Because when you said that one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Two, honey, that ship sound a little that sounds a little different.
Speaker 3: It's real money, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That sounds like I'll be able to do something for my family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could do something. You know, there's still time.
Speaker 2: They're still tired.
Speaker 5: Oh but Mark, I gotta tell you, man, I got it, and honestly, I I what you've done. I mean, look, everybody in Collweg says want to start a bar.
Speaker 3: You did it.
Speaker 5: You bought an NFL. You bought an NBA team. You've got outspoken to what you believe in.
Speaker 4: I mean, what you've done, how you live your life, taking on big pharma. Brother, that's next level. You don't even you guys don't appreciate what Mark's doing in that space.
Speaker 5: Bro, I do, Gavin and Mark. When my dad died when I was sixteen, I said, I'm on borrowed time. And you live that way, man, and I appreciate how you've lived. You've done it the right way. You've been outspoken. Uh, it's really cool to see how you've lived and as a father and a business guy and all that has been very very impressive. Man.
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest with you, very very When I die, I.
Speaker 3: Want to come back as me.
Speaker 4: That's so good. Damn, Mike Drop, that's good. Legit, legit, Jesus Christ. I'm jealous.
Speaker 5: So Mark, anytime you want to get your your plane or the American.
Speaker 4: Airlines saying you want to road friends, we'll take it.
Speaker 3: We're all in Mark, We're all in elevation ceremony. When Marshawn wins Oakland, it's.
Speaker 4: All talking about Harris. I like that keeps sanity for four more years in this country. Thank you brother. Great to have you here, man, thanks for.
Speaker 3: Having me on. I really had fun.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, and I'm going to check these out immediately. I'm going to check them out immediately.
Speaker 3: You know how to get hold of me.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Mark, I appreciate it. I appreciate you brother.
Speaker 2: I'll take care