Speaker 1: Did you miss the biggest event in America over the weekend. It's a jubile show. Well, if he did, don't worry about it, because we've got you covered. Because something happened over the weekend that's bigger than the Oscars, the Super Bowl, or Big Jimmy's Backyard Boxing Extravaganza. Over the weekend, an event was held that captured the attention of millions of Americans and may soon be bigger than the Olympics. It was the second annual Florida Man Games and it was a huge success. Again, if you don't know what the Florida Man Games are, we'll go over it and let you know what you missed out on, because apparently it was bigger and better than ever. It's only been going for two years now, but people are loving it. And here are some of the events that you missed.
Speaker 2: I'm so sad I missed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's basically like if you got a couple of drunk Americans in charge of the Olympics, right, That's what happened the Florida Man Games. One of the events was the Evading Arrest Obstacle course Why Beautiful, where you escape from handcuffs, throw an alligator through a drive through window, steal a catalytic converter, all while being chased by the cops.
Speaker 2: Why do you get an alligator? Bro Russer though.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine, though, though, what that sounds like like if it was the Olympics, Like, what an interesting techniquey the catalytic converter.
Speaker 4: It's got to be so hard between the catalytic converter and then getting an alligator. And how do you get yourself out of handcuffs. I'm sorry, but that's that's actually gills. That actually does sound like a pretty tough event. Yeah, you gotta get out of the handcuffs, jump in the lake, grab an alligator, take it somewhere to throw it into a window, and then grab that catalytic convertering.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: That's another event that was held at the annual second Annual Floorida Man Games, the Weaponized Pool Noodle mud Duel And it's like the joust from American Gladiators if you remember that, but it's in a baby pool and the jousting pools the jousting poles are made of pool noodles and duct tape.
Speaker 2: Is not of the best theme for a party it's this.
Speaker 4: Well, it doesn't have to be the official games, but if you're into themes when you throw parties, you should have the Florida Man Game theme because this one you can actually do.
Speaker 2: In your backyard.
Speaker 3: It does feel dangerous though. It feels poodles. You ever been hit ball? You've been hit by a soggy pool noodle?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Actually literally had millions of people watching this. Kroy Burns of Jacksonville triumphed over Chris Stennett from Newport Richie in that jousting competition. So Ryan, good job, Croy croy Burns.
Speaker 2: Up it and put him on a log or something, you know.
Speaker 1: Kroy Burns getting on his hobby horse. We were worried croy Burns wasn't going to make the competition because he's been locked up in the county jail. He's out now and ready to take him on.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Florida Sumo Cage match and beer chug is also another event was held at the second annual Florida Man Games Party. Yeah that sound fun. You wear an inner tube and you fight someone while holding a picture of beer and try not to spill it.
Speaker 2: I'm wanting to do that, Vicky.
Speaker 1: I'm in on a technicality.
Speaker 5: On a technicality, a little bit of beer did spill out onto the I would love to see that right now.
Speaker 1: The referees reviewing the play. The loser can still get points by chugging the winner's remaining beer.
Speaker 2: Take down his beer coming to a front you.
Speaker 1: They did have a couple of new events too at this year's Florida Man Games. The Hurricane Party Prep, grocer Aisle Brawl, Sweep with Anger. It's basically just all fighting and stealing stuff. It's like medieval jousting, but in shopping.
Speaker 2: Carts permits to do any of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if no one that falls, you just fight it out for hurricane supplies and gets the most supplies win.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest.
Speaker 3: I was born in Florida and right outside of Orlando, and I am really proud of that state right now. I think it's hard for that state to get things together. I think it's hard for them to put stuff together. And they've got millions of people watching them be them.
Speaker 4: And I like that.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the second annual Florida Man Games that happened over the weekend. We're a huge success.
Speaker 2: You're Florid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another new event they had was the human beer Pong. You're an inflatable but you're in a big inflatable bubble and you have to get past someone and then jump in a pool that looks like a red Solo cup and the loser has to chug beer or whiskey or bong.
Speaker 2: Water, bomb water. They get a choice like, oh my god, water, it was bong water.
Speaker 4: After you smoke a like, you know, I would think it's just the water.
Speaker 3: Imagine if they put all this effort into anything else, right, anything in Florida.
Speaker 4: If they keep this up, this is gonna be great for tourism because I don't know that many people that wouldn't want to see this.
Speaker 5: The new American Ninja Warriors come from all over the world to compete in the Florida Man Are you gonna work out this year? No, man, I'm getting in shape for the Florida Man Games. It's just pound of beers, bong water, handcuffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over the world.
Speaker 2: I used to work for the Queen, but now I want to drink.
Speaker 1: Other attractions at the second annual Florida Man Games this year included acts throwing lawnmower races, whoa mechanical gator instead of a bull.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: The best mullet contest, of course, obviously. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I will say, if you have you ever seen a lawnmower in Florida, it is a wild ride. I mean they got like full blown engines on those lawnmowers around. They're not messing around. Don't worry those.
Speaker 1: If you missed the Florida Man Games this year, you'll get another chance because they've already announce they're doing it again. Because of specific success, they become.
Speaker 2: A very patriotic thing in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should like go the thrill in the pageantry the Florida. The top five winning teams were Hanky Spanky from Saint John's County fifty eight points. They were the number one. They won basically, Vero Man from Vero Beach probably Indian River County forty eight points, Ronan Space Cadets from Bereverd County forty seven points, Streaming Eagles forty five points, and Storm Search from Duval County forty three points. I'm just imagin.
Speaker 2: He's a clear winner by their name already.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The winning teams won bragging rights, one thousand dollars and a chance to win another thousand dollars in the Cap five cash grab event.
Speaker 4: No wait, a secondirligned by wrangling an alligator and they got a thousands thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nope, we need to get some big players involved in this. We need a million dollar prize for the Florida Man.
Speaker 1: Also got a champions belt, oh of course, retals and a Florida flag.
Speaker 3: We need a million dollar winner because what I want to see is what the winner of the Florida Man Games does with a million dollars. I want the follow up reality series to the guy who just became a millionaire for chugging beer and slamming into things and breaking out of handcuffs.
Speaker 2: That's what I want.
Speaker 1: Like those documentaries they do on people who won the lottery and spend it all on samurai samurai prison hummers. It would be definitely