Speaker 1: Happy news, ye too. Oh no, no, happy new, ye too. I forgot we're brown happy new. Oh chah, I forgot.
Speaker 2: Call that a code Switts was quick.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we have amazing news. I'm gonna let Mandy say it because.
Speaker 2: You know, numbers aren't always important, but we had one number in mind for twenty nineteen and that was one million. Because we have been dying to hit a million downloads in a year and this was our very first year, and you guys we did it over a million downloads in twenty nineteen and that is such a huge accomplishment. Our show is a little show that could you guys know. We've been doing it for four and a half years now and it has been entirely word of mouth. Tiffy and I are too busy to be doing any kind of investment in marketing like marketing and pushing our show, but you guys have been so supportive and we continue building our listenership and it's just it's beautiful. I love it, so thank you guys.
Speaker 1: A million woo, that's a million MILLI a million million, a million. Yeah, So honestly that that was awesome. When you told me, Mandy, I was like what so, yeah, thank you guys so much. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: I was sweating it. It was like nine hundred ninety seven thousand, six hundred and thirty four on like December twenty first, So I was like, Tiffany, can you share our show real quick? I'm afraid people will not be downloading over the holidays. But you guys came through huge, huge surge at the end of the year, so so excited. So can we do two milli in twenty twenty?
Speaker 1: I think so too, too? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I could have said twenty milli. But let's just you know, we talk about doable goals here, why not double it in twenty twenty exactly?
Speaker 1: Ah, so many things have tage. We have a baby baby.
Speaker 2: Our first Oh, thank you we have we finally have a brown ambition baby.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, how's a baby.
Speaker 2: He is you know, a lot of work, that is what he is. He's adorable. He's adorable, he's very cute, he's very you know, ungrateful for all the work we do. I feel, I'm telling you, like the face that he gets at like two three, the crazy hours in the morning, just staring at me and sticking that damn tongue out like feed me, feed me woman. That will haunt me forever.
Speaker 1: But I don't tell you they don't get any less ungrateful, because just this morning a Superman and Supergirl were fussing. She's thirteen now, Uh the ungratefulness never stops because apparently we are we are here to accommodate her and all the things.
Speaker 2: Two weeks after Christmas, get out of here.
Speaker 1: I mean when I tell you, he was like, did you bush your teeth? She's like, I think that you're bothering me a little bit too early in the morning. He's at brush your teeth.
Speaker 2: She sounds like my husband.
Speaker 1: But uh so it doesn't. Yeah, it kise that will stop. You know kids. I don't think kids get grateful until they're like fully grown, so I can't.
Speaker 2: Well, I am definitely grateful for my family, who've you know, come and visited and it's been it's been a crazy So it's been six weeks since we had the baby. Thank you guys for all of your beautiful messages and all the love. His name is Rio Francisco if you haven't if you haven't heard, I really fought hard for that, for that name, and I hope. I don't regret it, but I still love it. I fought hard, listen, pushing that child out of mynother. I swear to god, it was the hardest thing I've ever done. And the last six weeks have been the hardest weeks of my entire life. But I am alive and we are surviving, and my husband's been amazing. We've had so much support from our family, and you know, I'm we're doing it. We're surviving, which is if anyone out there has a newborn. I've got some messages from people who have like four weeks old and eight week old babies, and it's it's crazy. But uh, I'm just I'm grateful that I'm alive and we're still doing the show. And I got a three hour nap today, so I.
Speaker 1: Feel like a new woman.
Speaker 2: A new woman. Yes, the things I can do with three to four hours of sleep, I have now realized, you know, I can. I can like pretty much save the world, is how I feel right now. Yeah, Grandpa, my dad's downstairs right now watching him, and things have been Yeah, I've got six more weeks. This is what's stressing me out. So Enrique went back to work today, Husban's back at work, So tomorrow if my dad goes back, I am on my own officially for the first time, so low through the whole day with the baby. So wish me luck. And I've got six to seven more weeks of matt leaves and if you guys have any I don't know. All I'm all I'm praying for is that by the end of the next six weeks he is like sleeping the night because I am stressed about well, not stressed because I'm trying not to stress too much and just enjoy, you know, these early days. But I just think, like, what is it going to be like these if I if I'm up every hour and a half through the night and then have to go back to work, Like what how does that? How does how do y'all do that? New moms? Like how does that work?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Please give Mandy some some some Yeah, I honestly don't know.
Speaker 2: Just tell me there's another side to this is how I feel. But uh yeah, So that was my entire holiday was just baby, baby, baby, So how baby have you been? What's looking good for you in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I've been good. Honestly, This was like probably one of the most chill holidays I had. It was our first Christmas in the new house, and yeah, it was really nice. I mean I went crazy decorating. I don't know if anybody saw my ig tours. Oh, I want to say what. I had a roof, Well, this was like a loile ago I had. I had a wreath on every single door. And according to super Girl, quote unquote, I'm doing too much, which is just enough if you ask me.
Speaker 2: We got to my Midwestern heritage. That is just enough. If not not enough, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but honestly, I just it was really nice because I didn't I didn't really do any work. It was nice hanging out family friends. Thanksgiving. My sister Karen, she's the oldest, and her baby Lily and her husband. They came down so it was the first time in years that all of us were together. So all the sisters, all the nieces and nephews, my mom and my dad, and then Superman's family we were all together for Thanksgiving, so that was super awesome. Honestly, it's been great and pretty chill, and we've been gearing up for my next new venture, which is my children's book, Molly Moore. It's finally literally done, done, done, and now we're just working on the marketing campaign to roll it out, so y'all should see Molly Moore in the early spring. But I honestly I've been really thinking about it. I'm gonna do a Kickstarter campaign for mollymore because one a few things I want to do. Because one, after doing some more research on like children and books, I realized that, like the statistics for children from low income communities and books is really bad. It's like sixty one percent do not have access to books, and not having access to books set you up for a very hard life. Because books are not just about literacy, it's about comprehension. It's about exploring your horizons. Books help with counting, books help with stem and so if you don't have books, you know, it just puts you in a really bad state. And I just thought, I want to continuously be able to use proceeds from the sale of Molly Moore, the first book, in any book that comes after, to provide books to communities with children from low income environments, because if you can start a home library, that could totally transform the trajectory of your life, even if your parents struggled, even your parents are in bad read high school or college or whatever, that having a home library can actually turn some of those statistics around. So yeah, so I'm excited. Plus two, I think, yeah, it's goodhead.
Speaker 2: No, I just I love I'm just the idea. I almost I keep thinking about that girl. She's from Jersey, Marley Diaz, who started that thousand what was it, well read Black Girls.
Speaker 1: Or it's a thousand Black Girl books. Yeah, exactly. Janicis as a friend of mine used to her Janie. Her mom has a nonprofit that I when I first was starting a bunch ofista, I used to volunteer for that nonprofit all the time. So I'm like, yeah, I know them. Well, they love two towns over.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if you're need a social media influencer Marley's I'm just saying I'm saying some synergies here, or she could, like, you know, be the voice of Molly Moore the audiobook. I don't know. This is I'm excited. I can't wait. I'm gonn add it to Rido's library.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, I'm I'm gonna send you. I'll send you a nice I send you a nice box. So I'm just honestly I'm excited because it's just a new venture and I just feel really good about it. Plus two, like high key, I'm really trying to make sure that your kids have financial education in their life, even if you don't know how, because that's the thing right most parents, If you didn't learn money at home, then you're like, well, how am I supposed to teach my kid? And so with molly More books, there at the end there are extending lessons and questions to really help to drive that home because every book has what I call pre financial education lessons, which is like counting math, learning about giving, learning about service, learning about community. These are the foundation for financial education. So it's age appropriate for three to seven year olds. And so then I show you how do you extend that lesson as a teacher, as a parent or aunt or uncle, So it's like everyone gets to learn. So yeah, it's just I feel like everything that I've worked toward has built up to this, that the budgetiesta was not the end goal. That truly it's this because I really believe, you know, I'm a teacher at heart, and so to be able to teach financial education from like early stages on throughout with all that I do with my life. I think it's just so. I just think it's like my life's calling. I know that, Like I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. And wait till y'all see this. She is so beautiful. Wait to see Molly Moore. So in a couple of weeks we'll be dropping. I'll be dropping the book cover. So you can get excited. Oh if you haven't already, she has if you want a sneak peek. Actually, I have not shared this anywhere, but I do have an Instagram page for Molly Moore. It's m a l I like the African country Underscore more m Ore, so at Molly may a Lot Underscore more and you can take a sneak peak of the cover. Please follow the page. I'll be doing updates and stuff there. So I posted the cover. I might delete it, so harry up because I was like, I was just testing out if I was able to post on the different Instagram page. So take a look while you can.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, at least give them until the show airs. Yeah, and delete it tonight. That's some angry listeners so exciting. So is that your twenty I was thinking about my plans for twenty twenty, which is hard for me to see anywhere past going back to work right now, but mention like kids and finances. It's also like with parenting. Of course I have a six week old, so all he needs is poop and you know, food, that's all he cares about. But it's also like when do you introduce concepts of finance and what's appropriate for a child? That's what I That's what I'm like wondering how early is too early? Should I even worry about it until you know they're you know what, like what age and what age is appropriate and like how much you cover and you know, because you don't want to, like I don't want You know, I've talked about before, like there was financial insecurity and financial anxiety in my household that I don't think my parents intend intended to make it that way, but you know, you just I absorbed all that energy. And what I'm trying to change, like flip the script, is to sort of create financial positivity because I think my own fears and anxieties around finances really held me back, especially when it came to to to to trying things like investing and even just saving, like I live from this this mindset of like money is evil and money you know, if you have money then you're greedy, uh, you know, and people who have money are like you know, there's like a there's just so much negativity around it. And I had to change my own mindset, and I want to. I would just want to have a household where it is. It is an empowering thing and you know, we use it for good and we use it to grow. And you know what I'm trying to say, and.
Speaker 1: No I do, and I'm not there at the road meth this For that, I'll say, like you know, as a former preschool teacher, I'll say that typically around the age of three, sometimes as early as two, because like my my niece Amelia is two and she's speaking and so so. But what pre financial education looks like, I would say two to four is not this is a dollar, this is how you use it. That's not what that is. It's Amelia. You don't want to share with Roman. Roman is my my her brother and her her Uh he's four. So pre financial education lessons are like they look more like morality lessons like sharing and mine versus yours and more and less. You know what I mean pre financial education lessons are also it's also numbers and counting, so you're likely going to be doing a lot of that anyway, but an intention for that's important and people don't realize that even when it comes to counting, like for example, Molly Moore the book, it rhymes and it seems like, oh, that's cute and rhymes, No, that it was intentional for it to rhyme, because rhyming is a precursor to counting, right, Because think about it, like if you can go or even just keeping a beat right, so if you can do like cat bat sat, that's like what I'm showing you is that each of those individual things are like one beat, one beat, so now you can say one, two, three and then. So when I was teaching, that's one of the reasons why the ABC song has like this kind of like rhythm to it, because what we're really teaching children is like this like spatial relation in their mind A B C, then one, two three, then what is one? Oh this is one apple? Oh, this is what two apples look like. So everything kind of builds on top of each other. But that's what it looks like. It looks like by two like you know, singing songs. It looks like, you know, by three, teaching them about sharing and giving and not everything belongs to you. So that's something Amelia is having a very hard time with right now. Right and then by four it looks like taking responsibility. So Roman is in preschool and so at four he will have a school job. Most preschoolers have like a school job, meaning that like there's usually like a little board where it says his name, and then Roman sets the table or he picks up the blocks today whatever. So he's learning responsibility, like, this is what I'm responsible for. So that's a pre financial education lesson. And what I did is I took it further, and this is what I plan to do when I have my bambinos. I took it further in that not only is that your quote unquote school job, but I'm gonna pay you. At four or five you can start to do that. I'm gonna give you monopoly money. And for a job job done, you get a dollar. For a job well done, you get two. And if you don't do it, you don't get any money. And then by four and five we can you can create. This is what I used to do with my classroom. We would create savings boxes with shoe boxes, and we would talk about what does it mean to say? And what are some of the things they like? Oh like candy, I like this? Do you know how much those things cost? And you know, like sometimes mommy and daddy they or auntie and uncle, you see them with money. What does that mean? So now you have a job at school, I'm paying you this money and you're going to be putting it every day into your savings box. And then every Friday I would go to like the dollar store and get like little Chotchki's, and then they would buy the things that they wanted from with their savings box money. Because I was teaching them this correlation between work, a job well done savings spending. There would be the things in the store that would be more than what they could possibly make in a week, because if you got paid two dollars a week maximum, that's ten dollars for the week. So there would be things in the store that were fifteen dollars. Then'll may be I'd to make a Teddy beer fifteen dollars. They would have to learn that. Some kids had to figure out, well, if I really want this teddy bear, then that means I don't get anything this week, And learning even that was like some kids, no matter what, they spent all their money every single week, and you got some kids that understood, if I want this teddy bear, I'm gonna have to not spend anything this week and then save it for next week. So you see how it builds on top of each other. But yeah, I think like when he's really really little, it's just really singing and counting and rhythm and rhyme, and then learning how to share and that everything does not belong to you and lessen more and you'll.
Speaker 2: Be matches with mommy and daddy, like over the kitchen table about Bill's got it.
Speaker 1: I grew up in the house sold. My dad did a great job teaching us about money in a way that I wasn't afraid. It was a recession that taught me fear, not my parents, because my dad was very matter of fact, so he didn't give money any extra energy. It just was hey, by the way, you know this this thing happened, and so I'm sharing with you what happened. So your mom lost her job, Oh no, no, it'll be fine. You know your mom is smart she's going to find another one. But it means that, you know, jobs pay money, and Christmas is coming and gifts cost money. What does that mean. It just means that we're going to have Christmas in January instead of December. Oh okay. But there was never any inflection of this is some bad, terrible thing. It just was And I think that was probably the best thing he could do versus making money a good or bad thing. It was just a neutral thing. And he was just kind of like sharing the news, and so that's how he approached money when he was teaching us about it, like the light bill is too high, that's the news. What can we do? And so because of that, I grew up with a really healthy relationship with money. Like I said, the recession totally took me out because I you know, it just was such a devastating time. But I was able to go back to or close to my healthy relationship with money because I had that foundation. So that's another thing too. I think it's as parents not not giving many money emotional and it's it's a thing, it's a tool, it's not it's not the goal itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And for me, my first and foremost goal is to I don't know why I was. I was overthinking a little bit how to start saving for Rio, and I'm just all I've decided to do is just open up a roth ira right now, like a custodial ira, and just start putting money in each month, and like, don't stress about what I'm investing, and just get some mutual funds and just do it, because like something is better than nothing. And I know we've gotten questions from parents over the years we've been doing the show on how the best way to save? When is it five two nine versus roth iray. The only reason I decided to go with the roth iray is just because it's a lot more flexible and I don't necessarily have to use the money on college expenses. So something were to happen and we needed to tap into it earlier. It just seemed like it seemed like the better option. And also five to two nine seem a little like I understand roth irays. I understand how to open went up and how to choose investments, and maybe because five two ninees I'm a little less familiar with it, just that you know, the the idea of needing to research that space and find the right account, and all that seems like it takes more energy, and right now I'm just like done is better than perfect, and a roth iray makes sense and I can easily just open one up alongside my Vanguard account, you know, and call it a day. And then number two my goal is life insurance because for those of you who have, like you know, I've always had my life my insurance through my employer, but you know, you can't really take that with you and it gets harder to well. Life insurance gets more expensive as you get older, so some people recommend getting your own life insurance policy. Also, it's only a certain amount, so it may not be enough for, you know, to really sustain your family. It's something were to happen to you. So I have started to shop around for life insurance, and fortunately there are sites like Value, Penguin, Quote, Wizard, Policy Genius that make it pretty simple to shop for life insurance. I've honestly found. I used all three of those to try and find a to start shopping for a policy. They kind of gave me the exact same company. So I don't know if it's probably based on where you live, what's what's available to you, but it seems pretty simple, and that is that's starting to that that to me is one of the more important things. It's like, if something were to happen to me, I want to be sure that he is okay and that you know there's no change to his because you know his luxurious lifestyle.
Speaker 1: So I'm telling you, like, insurance is definitely like this critical. Obviously they get the onesies and the toys and.
Speaker 2: All that crap life insurance.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's crazy. How like things that are important to you like when you're older, like who cares about insurance? And now you're like, ah, baby.
Speaker 2: I care my baby. I just want him to be okay. Listen. I got this book called Good Moms Have Scary Thoughts. I highly recommend it to anybody out there if you need a gift for your a new mom in your life. It is amazing because honestly, the first thing you think about is what if I die? What if Husban dies. It's it's dark, but it's true and you want to you just yeah, you have this real urge to like protect and to set you know, your child up for success if you weren't to be here, and then of course you cry a little bit and then you know it's all the emotions. But yeah, that's the goal. That's my little baby goals for twenty twenty. In career wise, I don't even freaking know. I just need stability for the next you know, several months. Hopefully can get back into a flow with work and I'll share with you know, you guys on how that's going. Just I'm yeah, anyway, let me just get the next six seven weeks being home first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say, like my I haven't only set any professional professional goal. I'm actually having a vision board party next weekend. I have one like every year, you just like my sister's and like one or two friends should do a vision board. Yeah, I just because it's less for that, like you know, like the mushi, like you know, thinking for vision for the board itself, and more so it forces me in the moment to really kind of pull out what is it? How is it do you see your life unfolding this this year? So it really helps me to pull out of myself because I'm like spending this moment this time to do so. I would say personally, I feel like in the best place I have in a long time. Personally like great family, great friends, Like I'm for the first time in I don't know, in my adult life, every single one of my core relationships is in a good space, like parents, friends, family, like you know, the people I interact with regularly. It's it feels awesome. You know. You don't realize that that's not true until you start like working on things. You're like, oh, I could really be better with super Girl. You should hang out more. Oh I could really like call my mom more, you know. But I'm in a good space with everything, and I'm like, oh my god, I didn't Wow, this feels awesome. There is no internal dread when it comes to any of my core relationships, which is which is great? And then professionally, I really think that Molly Moore, because the book is going to be about twenty two bucks a book, I think give or take, because you know, we're going to be doing some of that money. We'll be going toward donating books. But I really think I did the math, like what would it take for Molly Moore to make seven figures in its first year and it's about forty six thousand books. I think I did the math, which I think we could do you know, Like, I'm like, I've got a pretty good sized audience forty six times twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that we have like half a million dream Catchers get out of here.
Speaker 1: H well, you know that everybody everybody doesn't you know, buy so, But I think that that would be crazy to be like, you know, I'm like, wow, I can make Molly Moore get to seven figures in its first year. But I think the biggest thing that I really want to accomplish professionally by the end of the year is and now it's more than feasible it's going to happen. Is that I've been saying for since December twenty eighteen, My team and I set forth what we call our big Audacious goals, and the one of them was to get the the the team on average to six figures a year, meaning that some of the team members that like our lead team member might make or lead team members might make two fifty and then maybe customer support just coming in entry level team member might make twenty five dollars an hour, which is about equivalents about twenty five thousand dollars a year. So how do we get that range? You know, like, what does that look like, and how much does the companies? How much do the companies have to make? And I was talking to my CFO today, our new CFO. Shout out to Shanta, She's amazing, and wasn't this going to be your boost? No, I'm gonna do a different boost.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, sorry interrupt, go ahead. I just wanted to stop you in case because I'm like, we need to do a whole segment. It needs to be a thing, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I'm excited that, like cause I thought before, like I would have to make like twenty million dollars a year, which I think we'll get there, but I don't know that by the end of this year. And she was like, no, She's like, I've done the math, and quite honestly, basically everyone would have to well just give the number. So for I have three core companies, it's the literature Academy which makes the most. The literature Academy would have to make I think she said six and a half million dollars. And so last year twenty nineteen, we made like three point five so basically double, which we've been doubling, so that's not crazy. I was like, Okay, great, the Budgetista would have to make one point five million. So the Budgeanesta I called the more poor neglected baby in that the Budgetista is like Tiffany hitting your road. It's like speaking, and so I don't do that as much. So I think the Budgetiessa maybe pulled in I want to say, seven hundred thousand last year of like speaking in books and things like that. So us making one point five is more than feasible, especially since molly Moore is under the Budgetisa. So if molly Moore Justify itself brings in seven figures and the Budgetista brings in half a million, which would be less than we made in twenty nineteen, will be more than on track. And then my marketing company, which was super neglected, then marketing company is just our turn on marketing company. Companies come to us and say, hey, we see you love our thing, share our thing, and we'll we'll pay you per person that signs up. And so with that, that company was actually in the negative because although we made I want to say, maybe two hundred and fifty thousand or something to that effect, but we spent more because of marketing itself, like paying four ads and things, and then staff so that company, I just said, if we can get to a positive maybe like fifty or sixty thousand, I'll be happy with that company because that company drives a lot of the other things that we do, so on its own, we don't look for it to be a big money maker. But making six point five in one company and one point five in another, that's more than feasible because it's, like I said, we've already been doubling our income. So if we're right in alignment and the goal when we made the big audacious goals in twenty eighteen, the goal was always by the end of twenty twenty to get to that big goal of six figures per person, like on average, depending on what role you have. So the fact that we're like within range, I'm like yeah, because I mean, I know the people who work for our team. They don't work on our team for the money because we don't. I don't pay what I call a competitive salary yet because just because your company makes a lot of money, there are a lot of expenses. And now with this we can pay a competitive salary like what you would make, maybe even more than what you would make at like if you were to be working at a similar company, and so I can't wait by the end of the year to be able to get my team to that because they are amazing. They deserve and I want them, you know, like I know they're here for the love, but I want them to know that, you know, like if you go someplace else, you would still be making the same kind of money and they won't even love you as much as I do. So I'm excited about that. Like that's my big, big, big push for twenty twenty. Business is woof child. It's just just when you're just like you think you figured it out, You're like what now. Some months you're just like what we did what? Other months you're like, oh my god, Like we have a loss a lot. I didn't know. I was like what the marketing company didn't make no money? Yes we did. They're like, you spent more than you mean.
Speaker 2: I'm like, ah, so Well, for those of you who listened to one of our I think one of our best shows of the year was one of our last shows. That was actually our last real new show of the year was you know, we talked with Tiffany in November and if you guys want to go back, it's episode one ninety eight. Check it out. I interviewed Tiffany about basically how did she start the budget needs to the real, the real, real story, and when did she start making money and how did she start making money? And I mean those early days when you were making fifty bucks a pop for at home financial budgeting sessions and so you know, now you're like employing how many staff? Like your business is? How has grown so much? I mean it's it was long.
Speaker 1: It has been. It's been ten years of a long journey. Don't let these people fool you. That. Don't get me wrong. There are definitely people who are like, boom, you're one year two, they're making a million or or whatever. But that's just not the average story, you know, And it's okay. It doesn't have to be the average story. It's like someone losing twenty pounds in two weeks. Some people that, but most people are literally losing a half a pound to a pound a week, which is normal. And so I just want to normalize the process that it's good. It's hard, but it's possible, but it's typically not going to take you. Like, for example, this is what somebody will say, Molly Moore is likely to make a million dollars its first year out. So the deceptive me will say, I wouldn't do this, But this is what somebody would say, Oh my god, my business made a million dollars its first year. But you and I both know that Molly Moore is only going to make that million dollars first year because a ton of years of the budgetese. And so it looks like, oh, this new venture on its own is making this money, but that's not really true. It's all of these years of work that led to the ability of this company to make this amount of money in its first year. And so that's what you're not seeing oftentimes in some of these people who are sharing that something that they created is making a ton of money right away. But yeah, because they've also they've had previous businesses or previous work that'll set them up for that success. So and year starts now if you haven't started already, So get to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean it's the tip of the iceberg situation, right, m hmm, amazing. Oh, twenty twenty is gonna be the year. All right, guys, be back in just a minute. We'll take your first questions of twenty twenty. Be right back.
Speaker 1: So it's question time. I don't have my normal usk your question, so I'm gonna find a new song that has more questions in it so I can annoy you guys with that song instead. So for now, if question time.
Speaker 2: I love it, well, I hit up. I went old school. You guys, check my email inbox because we had a ton of questions coming over the holiday. You guys were busy thinking about your finances in twenty twenty, so let's see. Let's remind folks, how do you send us a question? Hit us up Brandambisson Podcast at gmail dot com, or you can go to Instagram and find us at Brand Ambition Podcast. On the gram, send us a DM there. Be sure to keep your questions succinct. In the Gram. It is very hard to scroll and scroll and scroll and read and read and read. But I love that you guys are sending us more questions there. Also, our website is still around. You can go to Brandambisson podcast dot com and click ask us anything all right. Our first question of twenty twenty, No Pressure, comes from listener Anna, who has a question about investing. Here's what she says so far. Anna has thirty three thousand dollars in online savings, ten thousand dollars she's saving for a car in the future, fourteen thousand sheets earmarked for emergencies, eight and a half for repairs, vacation and investing, and also one hundred and thirty five Is she trying to make us jealous? One hundred and thirty five thousand dollars in a four to one K from my previous employer. Oh, and an additional three K in eleves. So I'm sorry, Where are the problems here, Missianna? She says? Obviously I'm a super saver, but I need to invest. My question is do you think Do you too think I'm covered with savings and can start investing with money I will earn, or do you think I should invest with some of the money I've already saved. If the latter, where should I take the money from? Please note I'm thirty nine years old and married with a dual income of about eighty thousand dollars annually. That's really impressive with that with a dual income of eighty K. She's thirty nine years old and has let me do the math real quick, thirty K and online savings ten K, three three k. Oh that includes ten K and then fourteen about one hundred and seventy thousand dollars she's managed to save. That is fantastic. So thirty three thousand dollars of that she's gotten like a regular bank account online make account in savings. Let's just assume it's online. So she's earning like one percent to be safe. And then she's got one hundred and thirty five K and a four to one K for my previous employer. So she wants to know basically, should she start tapping into that thirty three K and investing with that or should she just start investing with her future earnings? And on top of that she does she's dabbled a little bit. It sounds like she's got three thousand dollars in ell OFST, which we've talked about l of s before. It's it's one of these new kind of robo advisor funds, but it targets women specifically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's I think I want to be clear what was her name? Anna?
Speaker 2: Anna? Yep?
Speaker 1: So I wouldn't be clear Anna, Like you know your money in elves and your money in your phone one K. Sometimes people don't think about retirement as invested like invested funds. Those are invested funds, so you know that. Just to be clear, the only funds that are not invested from what I could hear is the savings the thirty three thousand, yep, exactly, you know. So I would challenge you to look holistically at your finances because it sounds like to me that you are already saving for retirement. If you're putting away your prerequisite of like ten to fifteen percent towards retirement, you don't necessarily have to boost that up, but it sounds like you're kind of doing that already. I would look to see am I insured enough to Mandy's point, like earlier, I don't know if you have children, but that was one of the things when I sat down with my financial planner. She I was severely under insured because I set my insurance when I was in my twenties and I never kind of did anything else. She's like, girl, you are not twenty two anymore. You need more insurance. So one make sure that you have enough insurance. So like homeowners insurance, if you have a home renter's insurance, if you don't, do you have enough of insurance for life insurance, so something happened to yourself or your spouse, So really looking at your insurance, am I fully insured? And then if you are not setting aside ten and not honestly because you're a woman, I would say upwards to fifteen percent away for retirement. You can start doing that with some of that thirty three percent, because I don't think I'm not sure what you do for a living. You don't need more typically than more than three to six months worth of expenses saved liquid like that as cash, because you're really losing money when you're not investing money. I think that's I wish people understood that more. I did. Net First, that money in a savings account is literally losing because if for every dollar they're giving you one cent, but because of something called inflation, which means the devaluing of money, that money can't do as much as it used to. Every year, inflation is about three percent, so for every dollar gaining one but losing three, so that leads you at a two penny loss for every dollar for that money you have saved. So that means that yet thirty three thousand dollars, it's worth less and less over time. So I don't want you to keep so much money liquid, like I had to wag too much money liquid and so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just so of that thirty three K, she's earmarking ten K for it to buy a car, So buy a car cash. Fourteen K she's earmarked for those emergencies. And she's got eight and a half thousand that she's thinking of using for investing. But also it's kind of her vacation fund. So with that eight and a half k, I mean she's got it sounds like so yeah, it sounds like she knows, Okay, I have too much in my savings account. It's time to kind of break this up. I don't know would you use it?
Speaker 1: Would you take money? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would you take money out of that savings or would you have her like heap three three k in the bank because I was just doing some quick mass. So she's got eighty thousand dollars of income, you know, combined with her her husband or partner right now. So if you're following that, you know, six months worth of income kind of well six months worth of expenses. Yeah, I mean fourteen K could be you know, plenty for emergencies, and she could take that, you know, let's say break off a piece of that eight and a half K and save that for vacations and you know, have the recurring savings to keep that fund did and I would I feel like she has enough to just go ahead and max out like an IRA. You know, the what is the annual contribution in twenty twenty. I don't want to mess it up. It's usually around like six thousand, right.
Speaker 1: It was, Yeah, it was six So let's see what it is because she's the max IRA contribution twenty twenty. Because you're right, because every year it's different. It is Oh well, it doesn't say oh you mean Roth.
Speaker 2: Ira, Yeah Roth, Sorry, well no on Ira Roth whatever. Yeah, I guess Roth.
Speaker 1: It is six six thousand. Yep, it's still six thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I mean you could start and you can take three thousand and get that half invested and then you know, set up savings to max it out through the end of the year. But that's a that's that's an additional way to invest. But on top of that, Tiffany said, you've got over one hundred thousand dollars in your four to one K. Make sure that you're well diversified in that you know your money is growing at a at a at a rate that seems reasonable and you're not I don't know what you're invested in obviously, but you know, being thirty nine, you can still heavily invest in stocks you have. You have a long time horizon. So take a look at what you're investing in your four to one K and make sure that it's diversified properly for your age and your time horizon. And that three K and l of us that's all well and good. Maybe you want to take that, you know, and start adding a little bit to that as well, but.
Speaker 1: And look into target date fonds when it comes to your because I feel like you should always invest for in retirement. So I invest for in retirement, like like fairly conservatively based upon like you know, my age, YadA, YadA. So I invest I think about twenty percent because I'm an entrepreneur, and then anything above that then I have Angelie, my financial planner, invest for wealth. And so investing for wealth is we're a little bit more aggressive than I would because I'm forty, right, So that means like, okay, retirement is taken care of, and God forbid, this wealth invested doesn't work out. I'm not going to eat cat food because I've invested for retirement. So I would consider like looking into like what does investing for wealth and what it might look like. You know, maybe that's a target date fund, and you can do target date funds through your through like a raw iiray. That's just you pick a date that you're gonna want to take this money out, and it kind of balances itself for you every year versus how much money it has invested in, like a more conservative vehicle like bonds or a more aggressive vehicle like stocks, And every year you get closer to the target date, your investments become more and more conservative, so you can preserve the capital the money that you put in. So yeah, I think you're in a good spot. I just do not like to be from that eight. You probably have a good because vacation shouldn't cost more than like two thousand dollars. You probably have a good six thousand. To Mandy's point, just open up a raw ira and throw it in there, or add to where you have laves or maybe I don't know that I would just be investing in loose stocks. You have not done that before, but definitely putting it. It sounds like to me, putting six thousand dollars toward investing in some is a good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Anna, thank you very much for your question. Let's keep this financial advice theme going. And just as a reminder, of course, Tiffany and I are not investment advisors. We're not professional financial planners, so you know, consult your own experts for expertise, for just telling you what we might do based on our shared experience and what little details you guys share with us. So hopefully we got.
Speaker 1: Sue your mama, not us with your mama's some anybody else, anybody but else, anybody but us.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a question from listener. Am I gonna pronounce this right?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Shun oh? Anonymous?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Anonymous listener? She says, I have I'm assuming it's a she. I'm a new listener and have really enjoyed catching up on your show. Thank you for all your do. My family, my husband and we have a toddler, and I have had a lot of change in the past year. We moved from Phoenix to North Carolina. Everybody's moving to North Carolina. We have new jobs, a new house, and I was recently laid off from my job earlier this year, I was working. I was without work for six months and thankfully I just found a new job. But we're now feeling the effects of the financial hit we took this summer, and we're thinking we'd like to start working with a financial planner, especially before we start on baby number two. Do you two use a fee or no fee financial planner? And why? Great question. That's a huge, huge year plus a job lost. My god, so I mean, congrats for coming through it, and I'm glad that you finally have a new job and oh my god, baby number two. So I personally have fee or no fee financial planner. There's not really a thing as a no fee financial planner, but there yeah, but there's fee based and fee only, so there's planners. It's basically the difference is how they charge their fee. So some planners, especially if they help you invest, they might add an additional percentage, like and take a little bit off your returns on the investments that they that they that they recommend for you, they put your savings and investments into. And then you have some planners who will just charge you a flat fee for every time you have a conversation with them, or every time they make you know, put together a financial plan for you. You know, there's some planners you can just you can go to them and just say, you know, I want a retirement plan, a financial plan, which is usually what financial plans are. They're like a retirement plan, and that can cost you know, I don't know a thousand bucks, tweve hundred dollars. It depends on the planner. You just pay one fee and that's it. If you want ongoing investment advice, you're probably looking at someone you may take a little bit of a percentage of your returns, or somebody who just charges again a flat fee for their for their services. I don't have anyone managing my investments, so I've always just used a fee only financial planner. And basically the way that it works is every time we schedule a call with this planner, she charges us a flat fee. For me, it's been about two hundred dollars depending on the contents of the call and how much we're going to cover, and you know how much she's going to do for us. And that's works for me because I don't need and we don't meet we meet when we want to meet, so honestly, I think we have maybe three meetings last year. I haven't talked to her in a while, is Helen right? Yeah, Helen. We've interviewed Helen on the show before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want to quote her fee because I've used her for a while now and I'm sure she's more expensive as as everyone is raising their base and.
Speaker 1: Also too, it all depends like what so, like I when I was interviewing folks, I used to have the fee base, which is I didn't have the money when I first started off to pay anyone out of pocket, so I didn't really pay out of pocket. Well, sometimes you could pay out of the pocket for the initial plan and that's sometimes around like a thousand of twelve hundred dollars with the initial plan, but then I didn't pay like for the quarterly meeting or anything like that. They were my original financial planners were getting paid percentage of my portfolio. But then I once I had enough money to pay someone, I switched over to a fee only and so now I have Angelie. So I interviewed a ton of people and I interviewed so actually my top three. It was Angelie, it was Helen. I interviewed like twenty people Angelie, Helen, and another young woman that were my top three, But I ended up choosing Angelie because she specifically focused on people who had multiple businesses and everyone else that wasn't like one of their core focuses, And so I was looking for someone who, guess, is going to help my husband and I as a couple. But then also the fact that, like, Okay, Tiffany's got three businesses and what does that look like? Because I also too want to like be able to offer my employees like benefits and things like that, and Angelie that's something that she does as well. So you're wanting to make sure that whoever you're choosing that you share kind of like your holistic like financial life, because that way they can understand, like, are you someone that I can help, like if you're a teacher. There are literally financial planners that I interviewed that focus on teachers, or some that focused on doctors and lawyers. So there's a great number out there. But I pay Angeline a lump some fee because there's just so much going on that I had to unpack. A lump sum fee for the year that I pay that I pay monthly and we meet. In the beginning, we were meeting like every month to get like it took like, I want to say, five months to get all the paperwork together. So me her and my husband and her her admin we met every month and and as things like slow down, we've probably will still be meeting at least four or five, maybe even six times this year because there's still a lot to unpack, and then after that it'll settle into like quarterly. But yeah, and it was not cheap. I mean, I don't know if you guys want me to share them out. How do you feel about that? I mean, I don't.
Speaker 2: I always want the numbers. Tell us must you're comfortable with it, I'm going for with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know me, girl, I'll be tell all my businesses. But it was it's but it's also I can write this off because she's helping the business. It's fifteen thousand dollars for the year. Now normally you'd be like, no way, But because I can write it off, it's a I spoke with I spoke with Angelie. It's a business expense because a large part of what she's doing so Angelie. I actually was just reading an email between her, So Angelie's financial planner, Carlos, who's what I call my big accountant, and Shanta, who is my CFO, my chief financial officer. So they're constantly talking and making decisions financially that benefit the company, myself all of that. So so to me, I don't I'm not gonna lie. I don't know that I would have jumped out the window for fifteen thousand if it was Tiffany, just purely out of my pocket, but because it was like a company expense that the company can shoulder. But when I tell you it's it's paid for itself time ten, I was really like, what she was literally the most expensive at every time I interviewed, she was the most expensive. But it has paid for itself already. It's been an amazing experience.
Speaker 2: So yeah, And that's a totally different kind of financial planning than someone like, you know, someone who's just like, oh me, my husband, my family. You know. It's just it's like a business financial planning package. That's that's interesting. I mean, And that sounds like, oh, it sounds reasonable. Not having a business myself sounds reasonable to me.
Speaker 1: Exact but yeah, but like looking for here's what I'll say that as you look for a financial planner, the thing that really helped or financial advisor. The difference between a financial planner, they typically holistically left your life. Like Angelie was gathering, like, girl, this insurance. Do you want to leave them with nothing? I'm like no, So she's looking at everything. And then typically a financial advisor is really helping you specifically with like investments typically so like and they're typically selling you things like you you know, like my insurance. Like Angeley doesn't sell anything, so she will advise that here's the kind of insurance that you should should get. You want me to suggest some, but you need to buy it and then come back to me and show me that you purchased it. So Angelie doesn't sell me anything. I've already purchased her advice. Not a particular service, I mean, well, not a particular product, which is like what financial advisors usually do. They usually have like products to sell. But there's nothing wrong with that. But the thing that really helped me was I created this doc and honestly I'm gonna create Like I keep saying this because everybody keeps asking I'm going to create like a template of this doc that I created many that was so great and that I put all of our financial business on there. My husband and I'm like our dreams, our goals, how much we make, how much we have it, if we had any dat, you know, anything, just everything. But I organized it. And that's what I sent to potential financial planners and advisors that I was interviewing. So somebody would say, I know I have someone Helen. She's awesome. I would send Helen like a template email. Hey Helen, my name is Tiffany, looking for a planner. Here is the doc and like with like where I currently am and where i'd like to be. If you think that you can help, I would love to set up an interview. And so I sent that and what that did was it helped me to not leave things out, because as you're interviewing financial planners and advisors, you're gonna want to share kind of like where you are and your goals. But I didn't. I always remember, oh, I forgot to tell this one that I'm working on this, and I forgot to tell that one that my husband is doing that. So with that doc, it helped me to be able to compare financial advisors apples to apples. The most helpful thing and finding your financial planner advisor for me anyway, was creating that kind of like all money stock that I sent out to people and use it as a stepping stone. So then when we got on the phone, we were discussing the same thing, which was this document, and like, yeah, you have to be all the way on with your financial advisor, like the good, the bad, the ugly, and yeah, I just found it to be helpful. I am going to eventually, like I want to create a template to so obviously my information is not in there. I could pull out my numbers that people can kind of use and put in their numbers. So because people ask all the time, how do I find a financial planner or advisor? And that was the first time I did that, and cause I'd been looking for one for five years and just failing miserably. Every year I would have somebody and it wouldn't be a fit. And now that doc helped me to find who I have now and she's an amazing fit. And I really credit it to that document.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just found my financial planner through xy Planning Network, which I think is still around, and there's also the National Association of Personal Financial Planners they have or sorry, national association is NAPFA National Association of Personal Financial Advisors it might be, and they only have fee based planners. And you can put in your zip code and look around. Obviously, Like personal referrals are awesome too, asking around to friends, asking around to people you seem to have their lives together if they're using a planner. And definitely interview We interviewed like four or five different people, and you know, you want someone who's not going to talk about money first, who's going to ask you what your goals and your ambitions are, and you're you know what you're looking for, like Tiffany said, before you even sit down with someone. That's a really good sign you've got someone with your you know, best interests at heart. Fabulous. All right, thank you guys for your questions again. Brandimission Podcast at gmail dot com, hit us up on the gram at brand Ambission Podcast, or you can go to our website Brand ambitionion podcast dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Sisco. This is a Drew Hill song. Right, are you gonna boost or are you gonna break? Because I've got a boost.
Speaker 2: Like that's so, that's a song sounds like you're constipated.
Speaker 1: No, yes, no, it goes it's somebody sleeping in my bed. Do you want hem? Or do you want me? Because I want you? Some of y'all gonna be like, wow, Tiffany, that need That melody is not quite what Cisco was singing, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's aggressive.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna break?
Speaker 2: I am going to I'm gonna keep it positive looking at twenty twenty, I have a lot to boost, but I wanted to. Obviously, for the last six weeks, I have been tied to the house. I have not left at all, and I have been all up on my phone taking advantage of all of the apps and make my life easier. So quick shout out to first and foremost Whole Foods Delivery Service. If you guys, you know you have Whole Foods in your area and they delivered through Amazon Prime. I don't know how Amazon makes money, but they still do free delivery and I can order.
Speaker 1: I can get.
Speaker 2: Groceries within two hours, two to five hours typically like same day, and it has saved my butt in so many different ways. And maybe Whole Foods is a little bit more expensive to be honest, like, I never shopped there before. They had this free shipping on Amazon, and it was so easy to shop online because it is a little bit more expensive. And I'm a Trader Joe's kind of girl. But Trader Joe's does not deliver, and I don't have time, nor can I even leave the house for longer than a couple hours. So shout out to Whole Foods Delivery. Shout out to Amazon Prime, and I mentioned them earlier, but I mentioned I was shopping for life insurance, and I'm using a few different websites because of course you want to compare rates, so audits do a quick extra shout out for websites where you can compare not just life insurance, but other types of insurance to like auto renters, insurance, et cetera. So the sites that I've looked at are Value Penguin, Quote Wizard, and Policy Genius, and I've kind of it's they're all basically using the same format, so it's fun. It's nice for me to kind of shop on all three and see what they give me back. So shouts out to anything that saves you time. And for any parents out there, if you guys, have any tips on things that have made your life easier and have automated your lives or made it easier just to like function day to day. I am open to all of your advice, all of your tips and tricks. One thing that I've done is meal prep my final boost. So my dad has been in town this weekend, so I took advantage. I made a crap ton of food for the week and I ordered like Amazon sells these bulk kits of like you know, divided BPA free plastic containers and like you know, three divided sections, and I'm just like packing them because the hardest thing is like even just bending over to microwaves because our microwave is down low. I've realized, like just bending over with a baby in mar is hard. So I'm trying to make things as easy. So I am actually like fed myself and taken care of so meal prep, whole foods, delivery, you know, anything that I can do to make the day to day a little bit easier. And if you guys, like I said, have tips, holler at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's got me. I always think, do what do people do before you could like order everything?
Speaker 2: Listen it's like it's a curse. The Internet has been a curse in a God send through this entire six weeks. Let me tell us that at three am, you can really scare yourself into a frenzy thinking that either you're gonna die or your baby. That bump on your baby's face, it's like something that's you know, it's just yes. So without the Internet, I think this will be a little bit easier, but it also be a hell of a lot harder. So blesting and curse, well.
Speaker 1: I am going to booz. So I told myself I was going to make like fitness and like, well this overall, not like necessarily losing weight or whatever, although I could stand to loose eighteen but I was gonna make that like fitness to really be a priority for twenty twenty. And how do I do that realistically for myself? And I don't know. Out of the blue, like so Superman has like he commandeered the full basement as his quote unquote man cave. There's like an open section where like we have the where which I guess it was like the laundry room, but there's also like this big open space and then there's a section behind a door which is truly his man cave, and it's like where he watches movies and YadA, YadA YadA. So the open section like he's like, oh, this is my game room, but there's nothing there but like one chair in the TV. I'm like, this is nothing. So I asked him, in my wifely way, hey, bo, can I have this section and turn it into a I told him I wanted to buy a treadmill and I was like, okay, I guess I can bring it upstairs and he was like, no, that's not gonna make sense on the hardware floors. I knew that. I knew that, but I was waiting for him to offer his basement and he was like, it should go to basement. I'm like, you know what it should. So that's exactly where it is. Slowly, shore I started moving on in I got like, Matt, and.
Speaker 2: Does he realize what he just gave up? Because wasn't that you're going to go It wasn't that your bargaining chip to get the designs that you wanted for the house was that he got the man cave. And now you're slowly this is this is a wife I know, slowly taking it back.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like, and he's actually I thought that he was going to be like pissed about it, but actually because he realized, like I said, it's good that this didn't happen in the beginning, but now that he's seeing like how he actually uses the house, he realized, like, honestly, he doesn't use the other side. It's just open. There was nothing there. There was like some like two like Ikia random ikea office chairs for my old office, and he has a TV on the wall and like like some of his console, like he's got like a PlayStation or whatever. When I tell you, the only time he plays games or when we have kids over and he's showing them how to play games, so he's not really a game person. In the room wasn't big enough for a pool table, because with a pool table he's supposed to have, like he really wanted to pool there, but he's supposed to have like five feet around each side, but it wasn't big enough for that, so it was just basically empty. So now I've got a treadmill down there, and I've got mats, and I was like, how do I tell him I want to order more things? So I just showed him like, I think we should get this rower. Look how cool of this and he looked at me like, oh, here we go. So I ordered it. It's coming tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You get a Peloton bike.
Speaker 1: No that I know it been.
Speaker 2: I know it's hella expensive, but I have been honestly because there's no way I'm going to the gym anymore. And I'm like, Peloton bike, you can put that in a corner.
Speaker 1: And now I was like, people kept telling me that, but I said and not to say I would never, but I figured, so I'll give you the breakdown of the cost of everything I bought. So the it was in total twelve hundred dollars, which I think is fair because that's about two years worth of my gym membership. I have a La La Fitness or one of these memberships. And I did the math. It was two years worth of memberships. But I wasn't used.
Speaker 2: Is that like brand new equipment or did you go on Craigslist or Facebook?
Speaker 1: So I was like, so, yeah, the treadmill was five ninety nine. It's an order track and it was like I got it from Amazon. It was like five star reviews, YadA YadA, YadA. I love it the rower. It's such as a J jotto. I don't know, I'm not familiar, but either way, that was five star reviews and I haven't gotten it yet. It comes tomorrow. And the rower was around three fifty, maybe like three fifty five three sixty. And then I wanted this dip station because I don't like doing abs on the floor because I'm the type of person that's always pulling at my neck and I don't know how to do them right. So there's a dip station. It's like this thing where and I love it at the gym. You put your back against it, you put your elbows like kind of like in the L position, and you're holding onto these like poll things and you lift your feet up and then you could also do pull ups and all that kind of stuff, although I don't do all of that, but that's one of my favorite machines. And then I also got like some free weights, like for Christmas, I asked for like a yoga mat and some like a jump rope and free weights. So all together the dip station, I think it was like one to fifty. So you figure one hundred dollars for like the mats and the free weights. And stuff like that. One fifty for the dip station, three fifty for the rowing machine, and six hundred dollars for the treadmill. It was twelve About twelve hundred dollars is what the gym costs. And I did the math, and I forget my membership. It was like maybe like forty five bucks a month plus whatever La fitness, I don't remember, but one of the fitness places they also charged like one hundred dollars like annual random fee. So after doing all the math, in two years, it's about twelve eighty. It's what that membership costs me. So I feel like having this home gym, and I've been going every morning. I just I told myself twenty minutes on the treadmill, like, just do that, twenty minutes on the tread no stretch, that's it. And then I'll do that for a week and I'll build on there. So I'm excited because I'm like, I have this gym, it's right downstairs. There's no excuses. Even if I miss a day or week, I can easily get back because it's right downstairs. And for me, it was an investment. Then I'm happy about. So that is my boost. It's like, really, I really want to invest in overall wellness. Yes, all I would love to lose like ten to fifteen pounds, but ultimately that's not even what it's about. I just feel like I don't get enough movement, you know, like working from home, sitting a lot, and so this is just a great space because what I found is that like I'll watch TV and I sometimes like it'll be thirty minutes and I'm like, oh wow, because I've watched whatever. Or I'll listen to a podcast. What I really love is that when I wake up in the morning, I can look totally crazy going downstairs, because at the gym you have to look reasonably reasonable. But like literally I can have like lime green sweatpants, you know, like a raggedy like you know, a tank top with my sports bra, and my hair could still be in a bonnet and I could go work out and I keep my sneakers down there. So there's no resistance to working out because I don't have to leave, I don't have to get a car, I don't have to warm up the car, I don't have to look cute. I just go downstairs. So yay, hopefully you will you know, I don't know. I'm really happy about it. Like this morning, I was on the treadmill, like look at you, Tiffany doing things.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of a dip station, although I'm thinking like case ideas like like guacamole, like some salsa that's what's suspinis and artichoke dip stage. That's a whole different kind of dip station. But oh that's great, good for you. Just feel good And honestly, yeah, I don't like putting pressure. I've we've all fallen into that trap. The numbers, whether it's like I'm gonna save a million dollars this year like probably you won't, or I'm gonna lose one hundred pounds this year, like just one day at a time. People yeah, say that.
Speaker 1: Michael is just a I should move every day. That's it. That's like, that's if I can do that, like whatever movement looks like. I want to move every day. I don't always feel like going for a walk. Although I like walking, I don't always feel like it. So I'm like, well, you have a treadmill downstairs, get on it. You're gonna have a row or a row you know, you have your mat to whatever stretch, Like, I want to get in physical, purposeful physical activity every single day. And I feel like if I do that, Like I look at my dad. He doesn't go to the gym or anything. He's seventy five, but since we were kids, he's always done like like physical activity every day, whatever that might look like. And you know he's seventy five and healthy and strong. And I want that for myself. And that comes from consistent effort, not these surges of effort, Like that's not where real change is. Me changes me in daily consistent effort, and typically it looks like small things. So if you can do that, if I can commit to ten twenty minutes of small effort, then like your girl's gonna be good. Okay, you know what I'm saying. I love it.
Speaker 2: All right, we did it. We recorded a show. I have a baby, and we did a show. We did it not at our usual time, but we did it.
Speaker 1: That's okay. You know, I'm blackible. I'm like maybe whatever that I'll be use right.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're co parenting this child, close scheduling. All right, Well, thank you guys, against all the love, and we will be back weekly. So wish us, wish you all a happy and healthy new Year, and just happy to be back