Speaker 1: Okay, meetings being recorded. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see my face. That's distracting to see me.
Speaker 1: You just want a b.
Speaker 2: Yeah there there we go. Yeah, because then I start looking, I'm like, is that? Oh God?
Speaker 1: Do I make that face all the time?
Speaker 3: It's distracting yourself the worst, it's the worst. Hi, ab Hi, are you wait? Did you press your record? Are you recording on quick time or whatever? Did you press record?
Speaker 2: I did? Okay, it says it's not it's it's gray right now. It says it's recording, okay, And I just want to make sure you stop when I mean it's okay, fingers crossed.
Speaker 3: I just want to make sure you're recording, because you know, people don't want to miss this.
Speaker 2: You know they don't want to miss you guys. Well, we've been discussing already. Yeah, we're it's a we are recording episodes. We're trying to kind of like stack up some episodes. Can you hear that chains on.
Speaker 1: The back you hear that?
Speaker 3: I don't know because I'm running a fan and my menopause fan and it plumbers downstairs, so I don't Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now it's just I'm like, cool, you needed to cut those trees right now. But yeah, it's uh, we're stacking up some episodes, so we're recording on a Tuesday, which we normally record on Thursdays, and apparently Tuesdays everything needs to happen, particularly this Tuesday. It's just everything's happening. We've got I have I have plants being delivered because I'm doing some landscaping.
Speaker 1: They were supposed to come.
Speaker 2: Last week, but they just showed up like twenty minutes ago. And I have someone here cleaning my house because if I don't, I will uh disappear into a.
Speaker 1: Giant pile of dog hair from my very furry dog.
Speaker 2: And speaking of dogs, she's in here because she does not like the housekeepers and I don't want her peeing on the plants, so she's in here, which she's not happy about. So she's probably going to start acting up here pretty soon, it's just sure. Yeah. And Be's bugging me about getting dual Lingo Max, while she should be focusing on her Italian class right now. I mean, I'm glad that she's wanting to learn, you know, great, but also she was like, oh my god, it's one hundred and thirty dollars a year. I was like, yeah, no, kid, you don't just du lingule it with the free version or something.
Speaker 3: I am impressed with her. She knows the value of a dollar. She wants to learn whatever. If it's Italian, she has to learn on.
Speaker 2: Dual lingal she Yeah, she was working on Japanese before she went to Japan in the summer. Yeah. She's kind of like me in that, like languages and words and that like that's the uh, that's her jam. Yeah, she loves that stuff. She's a good kid. She's doing great. She her and Zo are doing well, you know, just trying to like get through the grades and all that stuff, but up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they're doing pretty good. How how about you? You've got plumbers at your house?
Speaker 3: I know, well, I'm in the I don't know if this is just the new house phase where you know, the stereotype is you move into a new house, even like a new a new old house, and everything like suddenly everything breaks.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm in that phase. So we've been here like six rape rates and I'm like, well, you find out why the people before you moved is usually what it is. You go, ah, you just kind of fixed it all up with some lipstick and a band aid, and it was fine until you move in and start like using it like family use and then you're like, oh, oh the plumbing's screwed or oh the yeah, you know that's like it is.
Speaker 1: You know, what do they call it?
Speaker 2: Inspection?
Speaker 3: I did an inspection, a very expensive inspection, and oh this house is fantastic. This house is in you know, primo condition. Right, what then, why why does everything keep breaking? Yeah, there's two bathrooms that are need there. The handles broke on the showers, so they're repairing them.
Speaker 2: You guys just like like hulking it out over there. What's you guys? Gets gentle? You don't have to rip the shower thing.
Speaker 3: I three three showers now, which we only have four. We only have four totals, so like, yeah, three showers now have been out of commission. Oh no, yeah it's and they're like, oh, this is a very it's not a simple fix.
Speaker 2: Of course, we have to we need to get to replace all of the plumbing in your house. Right right. I'm ready to.
Speaker 3: Call up the seller's realtor and be like, dude, give me the phone number of the previous homeowners because I have a word with them if they're listening to this podcast, which they probably aren't, just be like, dude, like come back, come back and show.
Speaker 2: Me everything you need, right, I mean, I'm not gonna lie. I traded my minivan in earlier this year, and we sort of did the same thing.
Speaker 1: It kept having problems, kept having problems.
Speaker 2: We got it working, we detailed it, and we drove it over to turn it in while it wasn't acting up and got more than we expected and felt like that was a we washed our hands in it. Okay, Okay, so you're guilty this as well. I like, I get it. Sometimes you're like you just kind of want to offload something and you're the lucky recipient.
Speaker 3: So I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it. I just let thee Yeah, that's why I rent. I am like something breaks land Lady, you just call I know.
Speaker 3: I know, no, this is I'm over it. I'm just like, I'm going to go hide in my office right now. Well, you know you're dealing with the banging on the pipes and the no water and the no water pressure, what you know, whatever else is going wrong at this very moment. Right, I'm going to have a nice podcast with Jody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna have fun and be ridiculous, and that's uh sounds like what we need.
Speaker 3: That's what we do. That's what we do. I haven't seen you in a week now, and I'm having withdrawals. I know you work together much. We were together so much within like a ten day period. It was great, and now, yeah, I know I miss you. I was like, oh, I haven't seen Jody.
Speaker 2: Yeah in like a week. That finels like a long time. Well, we did Nineties Con together and so that was like three days of just being together in the same space.
Speaker 1: Getting to hang out and you know, travel whatever.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And then then we did our Hyundai road trip and the iHeart thing and the podcast, so we were together for all of that and like, I still keep thinking about how much fun that was.
Speaker 3: It was such a blast, such a blast, and I think we can talk about it now because this episode airs in a few Yeah, this episode air nights Brothers podcast, Like, oh yeah, that was just such a high for me. And I was so scared when you left to go to the airport.
Speaker 2: I was like, please stay. I can't talk about which I love of which we found out I could have stayed because I for like three and a half four hours, right, But it ended up.
Speaker 3: Perfect because then I just had like my little I was I have a time with them.
Speaker 2: It was so great. I was so actually so happy for that, Like I was at the airport thrilled for you.
Speaker 1: I was like, she is.
Speaker 2: Getting to soak up all of the all of the n KOTB Nights Brothers essence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it ended up being the best, the best of both things.
Speaker 2: It was so great and just that podcast, Like they are so sweet and so lovely. I remember when they were on the show and we like really hit it off.
Speaker 1: They were just I chatted it.
Speaker 2: Up with with John quite a bit when he was on the show, and I know you said he's kind of the more like reserved, a little quiet one, but I was Jordan, Jordan is Jordan. You can't tell him apart, can you. It's okay. Jordan is shy.
Speaker 3: He's the dynamo on stage and he's reserved and shy in real life. John, he's the guy that will give you a big bear hug.
Speaker 2: And Jordan, Yeah, yeah, I remember like he and I were on set and he just he and I really.
Speaker 1: Chatted it up quite sweet and lovely.
Speaker 2: But they all were truly, but I when you did the intro and like teared up, that was like that peak friendship moment because when you love your friend or a family member or someone so much that you get to like vicariously experience joy through them, there's something so pure and wonderful about it.
Speaker 1: And I just I was like, this is great.
Speaker 2: I would not have asked for like a better I don't know, a bonding moment, well bonding moment, And it like lifted my spirits to see my friends so excited about something, especially because like I know, like it's like you've met them before and you've done all this stuff, but you still like you're you enjoy it and you're so passionate and excited about it. And for me, when I get to see somebody, anybody really but especially somebody I love be so excited about something like that, to me is a true joy because it's it's fun to see people love and enjoy something. So I'm so glad we have to do that.
Speaker 3: It was so special and I was so much self pressure, like pressure. I was like I want to do this right, like I want to do the justice and honor the guys. And I wanted to kind of convey to people, it's not just a boy band. I'm not just like this ah, you know this crazy girl that screams the boy bands Like no, this is meaningful for me and this is why. And I think that's why I started crying. Not to mention, there were like how many producers in the room.
Speaker 2: Seventeen people like standing of hovering, being like a nice intimate conversation with all of us shoved in a hotel room, right and then.
Speaker 3: So I wasn't planning to cry, but it came out and I was like, all right, I'm just going to roll with it.
Speaker 2: But I was. I was so glad you were there for.
Speaker 3: The first half and the second half, and you were so glad I wasn't for the second.
Speaker 2: So well, yeah, I texted you. I was like, I did it.
Speaker 3: I did it, And I was like good, yeah, yeah, so I loved it, loved it.
Speaker 2: Well, now now we'll just have to do uh, we'll have to do another road trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a call iHeart or hun day or.
Speaker 2: Give us a call, give us a car. You know, I'll take that. Ionic I'm still I keep talking about it to discal I keep going like that car.
Speaker 3: It's a great, I know, it's a great.
Speaker 2: I'd be it might be I might have to trade my current Hyundai and get a new one, which is fine, because I I had a misstap with a bump my bumper and a trash can.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jody, well it looks parallel park What were you know?
Speaker 2: I'm great at parallel parking. I amily so good at parallel parking. No, you when I had.
Speaker 1: The minivan walk, how can you pa?
Speaker 2: That's the thing, very great, super like no can judge distance, can squeeze in between things like I know exactly how much tream I have. It's my own body awareness that I'm just not okay, And it's usually the fact that I'm thinking three steps further than my body has gotten. But okay, okay, but in a car, your car? I fine?
Speaker 1: But no.
Speaker 2: It was it was when it was really rainy mm hmm, and we were having like terrible downpours. I was driving over Laurel Canyon and there was a trash can that was traveling towards me in the rain. It was being swept down Laurel Canyon and and it made a small some contact with my bumper and I was like, ah, and then I got home and it was like kind of hanging on. So I keep putting it up, like it's to the point where I'm like, I can't dictate this. That is that is now.
Speaker 1: We're an adult, now, we can't do that. But it's yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: And then when I when you pull in and like accidentally like hit the front little bumper thing, yeah, then it scrapes it off even more.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the trash can's fault, that's not yours.
Speaker 2: That's what I trash can rain, and and the errant, you know, cascading trash can that's not.
Speaker 1: I'm lucky, I'm alive.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so anyway, I don't know what happened to that poor person's trash can and how the trash can fared and all this, and I think, I, I don't know, Maybe I should have stopped. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this on the radio. Well, I didn't claim insurance, so it's fine. I didn't. Like, there's no fraud. It's just the someone in the hit a trash canyon. You'll never figure out which one.
Speaker 3: But somebody's listening to this who lives in Laurel Canyon right now, and they're like.
Speaker 2: They're like, that's what up into my trash?
Speaker 1: Is my trash cat?
Speaker 2: Jody Sweeten?
Speaker 1: So shall we do a recap?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Let's get out of this, Yes, please, let's get out of this pre chow chatter.
Speaker 1: Doc, you got us in here, we gotta get us out.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, welcome back to Oh like this damn bird out of a cage. Okay, let's that's there.
Speaker 3: We go, Oh god this episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome back to how Rude Tannertos.
Speaker 3: I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jody Sweeten, and today we're discussing season three, episode sixteen, Bye Bye Bertie.
Speaker 2: It originally aired February second, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: It goes a little something like this, Michelle loses the preschool's pet bird.
Speaker 1: I love that word.
Speaker 2: Katting these synopsis down to a sentence, just one sentence, you know, few, which also makes me feel like those are usually the scripts that were like, oh, we didn't do a lot with this, did we, because it all fitting in about let's see one, two, three, four, six words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the That's all you need to know is just they shall lost the pet bird, and that's it. It's but you know, I can't believe we're still in season three. Does this season feel longer to you than previous seasons?
Speaker 2: I'm just like, how are we only on sixteen?
Speaker 3: I don't know why it feels so long?
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, it does feel a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: I think maybe.
Speaker 2: Is it maybe because like the first couple of seasons were ones that we maybe weren't as familiar with or didn't like, so it was kind of like all new, and when it's all new, you're like, oh, this is going so quickly right now, like we kind of hit the age where we're like, oh, yeah, I remember this a little bit more. I don't know. Yeah, okay, that's a good theory, just a I don't know, throwing it out there.
Speaker 3: Okay. I was just like, wow, we're still in season three, but.
Speaker 2: We're still older or uh it's just you know, we're sort of slogging through with the episodes because they're not great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I feel like we've hit a run of episodes that are just kind of like not filler.
Speaker 2: Ish right filler. I'm just a little silly. There were some things that happened in this episode that I very much against. Okay, let's get let's get into it.
Speaker 1: We'll get there.
Speaker 3: But good lord, this is gonna be a little painful.
Speaker 2: Just uh, just we're just warning you right now. Okay.
Speaker 3: This was directed by Jeff Franklin. Sorry Jeff Franklin, but sorry. Yeah, this was a weird episode. It was written by Lenny Rips. We love Lenny. I love you Lenny, but why I don't know what happened with this episode, but okay, that's right. Uh. And we have two great guest stars. We have Tyra Ferrell as Miss Petrie, known for White Men Can't Jump, Boys in the Hood and Poetic Justice.
Speaker 1: Some great movies.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's a great preschool tea mature in this episode. And then we have the legendary Miko Hughes as Aaron. This is his first of many many episodes, first of twelve episodes of Full House. Yeah you know him from Kindergarten Cop which right, boys have a penis, Girls have a vagiana boy like right man. For as much as I complaining about observation, how many people ask him to say that line throughout his whole life? Boys girls have a vaginant This poor guy, we got to get him on the podcast. First.
Speaker 2: I was thinking we got to come up on the podcast. Want to ask him these questions, like right, well, and he was also he was in pet Cemetery. Yeah, he was like he was kind of a little bit of a creepy little kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he's got a very extensive career. He was at Apollo thirteen Mercury Rising opposite Bruce Willis, and then he did a bunch of guest appearances on TV shows like Roswell and Boston Public.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow, like since the Oh this so that's been like more recent, way more recent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, he's he's a fantastic actor. Was so cute as a kid, and I really want to talk to him, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I weirdly remember about him. What is that He and his family lived out in Apple Valley, which was like the high desert here in LA and was a several hour co mute. Oh yeah, and if I remember correctly, they drove back and forth.
Speaker 3: Oh, they didn't stay in town.
Speaker 2: Maybe they did, like on tight nights, but I remember they did a lot of driving.
Speaker 3: If I were driving, Yeah, because that's easily a two hour drive.
Speaker 2: To add some traffic to that.
Speaker 3: That's a lot. Yeah, that's a lot. So kudos to his parents. Yeah two and all that drive seriously, oh bam. Looking forward to seeing much more of uh Nico Hughes to come. So we start with the teaser. In Michelle's room, Danny and Joey are getting ready to mark Michelle's height on her bedroom wall, a nice tradition that many many parents do with their kids. Michelle gleefully stands against the wall with her arms straight up in the air, saying, ooh, I'm very tall.
Speaker 2: They laugh.
Speaker 3: They tell her to put her arms down and stand up straight. Joey puts a ruler against the top of her head. Michelle goes onto her tippy toes, and Joey says, you're cheating, and Michelle gives him a big eye roll a nuts.
Speaker 2: Danny is so cute.
Speaker 3: She was really like the sass man, the sass is really coming out now. Danny says, Hey, good news, it looks like you're half an inch taller, and Michelle emotionlessly responds, big deal, see ya and walks right out the door. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was like, yeah, I'm either six inches taller or nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just love that. She says kind of what we're all thinking.
Speaker 3: It's just like, yeah, this is not a big deal, Like it's a half an inch, you know, Like, just Danny, stop obsessing over it's just hysterical to me. Next, we're in the We're still in Michelle's room, We've never left, and Danny is getting Michelle's bed ready for her while reminding her that tomorrow is a very big day. It's her first day of preschool, which at first I was like, why is she starting school in the middle of the year like the girls, the older girls already started school months ago. But maybe that's because it's pre school.
Speaker 2: Well it's pre school, right, so you maybe have to be a certain age or body trained or whatever, so you know, preschool is usually like kind of kind of an open enrollment thing.
Speaker 3: Like maybe is not as many strict rules for preschool, so it's like, yeah, come on, come on in when you're ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, train three or three and a half or whatever then you yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Michelle cannot hide her grin as she tells her dad she's not sleepy. Danny doesn't believe this and hops into hops her into bed like a bunny. Jesse holds up a sailor dress that he picked from Michelle's closet and asks isn't this a pretty dress? And Joey sarcastically answers, yeah, I think you need that in a husky. Is he referring to the size? Is this a other size?
Speaker 2: So when so so larger sizes, particularly for kids, if you had to go like bigger than a large you were a husky, that was like what it was called. It was not exactly uh great, you know, to be like, oh yeah a husky said yeah, so that was yeah.
Speaker 3: That's what the phrase was.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was just like, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I knew what.
Speaker 3: I figured out what he was trying to say, but I was like, that's a weird phrase.
Speaker 2: But now that yeah, you don't not like my dog not a house like that?
Speaker 1: Ye, No, definitely not.
Speaker 3: Although she is a she's she's big, she's she's a dog.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So Michelle pushes her blankets off of her and tells the adults that it's time for her to go to school now. Becky reminds her that preschool doesn't start until tomorrow morning. Michelle responds, you could come too, I need a ride. Joey suggests that they tell her a bedtime story about her first day at preschool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's four adults in here.
Speaker 2: How many They're like, we should mellow her out by all four of us being in here, and.
Speaker 3: Why why the child is adults to put her to bed? Normally she's alone in her room, right, and all of a sudden, nobody, nobody wants to leave. Right, they're her compensating for their neglect earlier in the season. Yeah, I just saw her go.
Speaker 2: She's hopped onto the Oh. She's bored. She's very bored.
Speaker 3: With this podcast. So Joey starts off by introducing the beautiful princess who's going to Meadowcrest Preschool. He asks Michelle what the princess's name is, and she proudly states miss Piggy.
Speaker 1: Good choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joey corrects her, it's actually Princess Michelle, who's going to preschool for the first time. He motions for Becky to continue the story, and she reveals that the princess found preschool to be a land of fun. It's like Disneyland with a nap. The princess makes new friends and they all play with toys. Danny adds that the children all cleaned up the mess they made, and Joey gives him a look and Danny concludes, then Princess Michelle said, my first day of preschool was the most wonderful day of my life.
Speaker 2: Wow. That's I mean, I hope, I hope that that's not the most wonderful day of her life. I mean, I hope that there's other ones that are better.
Speaker 3: I just can't get Princess Michelle, Princess for a Day, the Walt Disney episode.
Speaker 2: Out of my brain, right. Yeah, I'm like, this is the first.
Speaker 3: Of many references to Princess Michelle. We're definitely getting more Michelle centric. Yes, as we get deeper into the That's why all the adults are in the room, because the everything revolves around Michelle.
Speaker 2: Well maybe they're also like, hey, I need to talk to you. You know, I need some advice, you know. So they're all trying to get right. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're all bad. I need I need some life advice. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Perfect. So Michelle looks at him in pure awe, muttering the words awesome. Danny picks her up, tucks her back into bed, and all of the adults take turns kissing her good night like a wedding receiving line. Once they're all out of the room, and the lights are off. Michelle shoots out of bed again. She looks around and declares, I can't sleep. This is nuts. I feel like this is nuts.
Speaker 2: Really was applicable there, but we're just kind of shoehorning it into wherever.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she says it multiple times.
Speaker 2: Now there.
Speaker 3: The writers have leaned hard into this catchphrase. They're like, this will be a catchphrase whether whether whether.
Speaker 1: You like it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah you will. This is nuts. This rights Yeah, this is nuts.
Speaker 3: This is nuts. And what's to come is even even more nuts.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys, buckle buckle up.
Speaker 3: Later that night, Michelle is sleeping and she has a huge face. She has a huge shit, have a huge face at some point in this scene. Actually, you're right, So we enter this bizarre dream sequence. Oh boy, horrify.
Speaker 2: What is happen? I mean, like, what was so creepy? I'm sorry leap that out. It was so weird and you could tell that not one adult in that scene wanted to be there.
Speaker 1: Right where you're like, oh, I have to do that.
Speaker 2: John particularly was just not was for for John who usually is like oh he.
Speaker 1: Said, he was like, I'm not I am not a cowboy.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to play Nope. How did Jeff get them to do that? That's what I want to know, adults, he got them to do that? Silly and I yeah, I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: Contract for you.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's all my sense is lost now because.
Speaker 3: This I wrote down, What kind of acid trip did I just watch?
Speaker 1: Like exactly?
Speaker 2: I was like those things in the background, was the those animals?
Speaker 1: What worthy the stuff of nightmares?
Speaker 2: Nightmares?
Speaker 1: They got those.
Speaker 2: Weird animals from the same place they got those clowns for Michelle's birthday, from the horror Nightmare Department. They need to find another rental place because this stuff is scary.
Speaker 3: I just didn't understand the point, Like what this episode would have been fine, perhaps better without the dream sequence. What was the point of this filler filler filler or.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know, maybe there maybe the writers were pissed at them. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like it was bad.
Speaker 3: It was it was really bad. I don't even know if I wanted you.
Speaker 2: Guys, if you can't, if you don't remember what we're talking about, or you haven't watched it in a while, pause the podcast, now, go back watch the dream sequence. In season three, episode sixteen, and then come back to the podcast and you will know why we are so terrified, Okay, terrifying, terrifying. I literally he had nightmares last night. Suh. I uh yeah.
Speaker 3: I couldn't figure out if they were supposed to be toys, and that's why Michelle appears larger than them or like the scale was really weird too. When she comes out in her her Glinda dress, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, are they toys? Are they friends? They were trying to make it like the adults were kids size, but Michelle was so much larger than them. It was like it was like Godzilla or something coming out. I was like, oh my, oh, Michelle's gonna crush all the little weird animals, which I wasn't too disappointed by, but I was actually more disappointed that it didn't happen. But man, was that weird that I I have. I have been in a lot of altered states in my life, but never won that strange thank god, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I'd come back from that. No, there's no recovery. There's no recovery from that. I'm scarred from watching it and don't.
Speaker 2: And now we're gonna and now we're gonna describe it, you guys, But we just had to get that the horror and the shock out of the way first, and now now we're going to talk about exactly what was so terrifying about it other than everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, So first we see Becky in a sailor dress similar to the one Jesse picked out a few minutes ago. Her hair's in two pigtails, and she's got those freckles like drawing.
Speaker 2: She looks like Edith Ann who was played by Lily Tomlin years ago on laughing those you probably don't remember a lot of Yeah, anyway, that's what it looked like.
Speaker 3: So she's counting to one hundred, but not in the correct order. She looks around for a moment and is stumped when she can't find where the others are hiding. Danny pops out from behind a mushroom and reveals himself. When Becky finds him, he lets out an awe. Nuts again. Then Joey pops up from behind a group of circus animals and let's out a big laugh.
Speaker 2: Like I know. This is the too bad.
Speaker 3: This isn't a visual podcast because you can see the absolutely.
Speaker 2: No, thank god, it's not can't do people's it's just how rude you know, we can't.
Speaker 3: So that leaves just one person. Jesse pops his head out from behind the life size fairy tale book and proudly states, ha ha, you didn't find cowboy Jesse?
Speaker 2: Was it proudly or was it it felt a little under drest if he asked me, It felt a little like he was like ah haha, yeah, Like he was like, I'm gonna eat you want me to wear this costume? It was like like at some point during that day of shooting, I feel like he turned to Jeff and was like, I'm gonna meet you out in the parking lot after this.
Speaker 1: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: We got to talk about it next time we see Jeff for any of these four adults, Like, we're gonna be liked.
Speaker 2: What how much.
Speaker 3: Protesting did you put up? And why did you end up doing it? I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: But okay.
Speaker 3: So, so Jesse's in a cowboy costume, Danny's in a little boy outfit, and Joey is wearing a stuffed horse around his torso I don't even know. He's just a boy riding a horse. I don't even know what the point of this is. I don't know that there is one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they were like, what's the weirdest thing we can do.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like an Alice in Wonderland meets Disneyland meets toy story.
Speaker 2: It's more like did you ever see Return to Oz with the Wheelers and the witch takes her head off? It's more like that. It's more like one of those things that you watch and you go, that was scary. It's yeah, what did I just watch? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So Becky announces that the Princess is coming, and Michelle, who's dressed in a princess costume and has been made much larger by some very bad special effects, waves to everyone.
Speaker 2: Hi people, well, so, she says, high people. So I don't think they're toys? Are they just imaginary friends?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to apploy logic today.
Speaker 1: Don't don't, don't. There is no logic.
Speaker 2: There's nothing.
Speaker 1: Nothing makes sense here.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 3: So Danny admires you're the prettiest princess in all the land, and she responds with the thumbs up.
Speaker 2: You got it, dude.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: That is not the response that you would give to your the prettiest princess in all the land. You got it, dude. What that doesn't you'd be like, thank you, you got it, dude. That just I was like, oh my god, the catch phrases and that they Yeah, it was everything. It's like everything, like three minutes, throw everything at the script and see what sticks.
Speaker 3: And none of it stuck. But uh yeah, and what why are the writers so hell bent on making her prince princess Michelle princess, this princess that it's like because she's.
Speaker 1: The baby of the family.
Speaker 2: I guess, I don't know, I guess, but this is her first day of preschool.
Speaker 3: Talk about how smart she is or how many things she's going to learn, or how many friends she's gonna make, Not like you're a princess and deserve all of the best treatment in the land and.
Speaker 2: All that's that is.
Speaker 3: It's they're setting up for later seasons.
Speaker 1: I yes, exactly, I mean I don't. Yeah, we're not.
Speaker 3: It's that's just kind of that's it's just the beginning. So Michelle responds, I like that song, sing it again. And the adults, of course, do as they're told and chant again in unison the dream. Thank god, it slowly starts to fade out while the chanting continues, and we fade out.
Speaker 1: In my mind, it's still very clear.
Speaker 3: Michelle is still repeating this from her bed in real time. Yay, Yay, Princess Michelle. Her eyes shoot open and she shouts, I love preschool. I'm going now. She climbs out of bed and stands there stumped, realizing I need a car. And that's thankfully the end of that. That tortuous, tortuous, that was brilliant.
Speaker 2: I knew the second I was like, oh wait, a Michelle dream sequence.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that. I had never seen this episode before, so I was legitimately horrified.
Speaker 2: I was like, have you dremped the shark? I would have preferred if a shark came and ate everybody in that scene, just put us all out of our misery. Speaking of there's a change. Do you hear the chains on now? It's it's like, uh, it's like there's a horror movie in my back.
Speaker 3: I banging, So yeah, okay, right, they can't hear him over here, thinks, So sorry, Manny, our editor is gonna have a field day with with this episode, so thankfully. We're now in the living room where stephan DJ are hurrying down the stairs, and Stephanie stops DJ and asks, why are you going to school so early? DJ doesn't give her a clear answer because she's hiding something in those shoulder pads.
Speaker 2: My god, fashion like it's the should They were gigantic, gi giantic shoulder pads on it like a on like a T shirt, wasn't it. It was more like a blouse sort of thing, but it was. I was like, she's is she going to play football? She's like a lineback.
Speaker 1: She's like, that's what goings early? We have practice before school.
Speaker 3: Well, the color palettes are just they're so early nineties. Yeah, I just I do I do love.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's hiding something, Yeah, several layers of builder pads.
Speaker 3: So Stephanie is now in full detective mode trying to figure out what the secret is. Are you meeting someone? Is it Kevin? Is it Kimmy? Is it Kathy? Is it anyone who starts with a K.
Speaker 1: I never realized how many k names they were there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't either until this moment. So DJ decides to give her something that starts with a k keep your nose out of my business. Steph gaffs how rude and stomps away. Right, the catchphrases are already out of control. We are only like two seams into the two scenes in and we got seventeen of them. Yeah, I mean again, we are very clear on what full house was, right, right?
Speaker 2: So uh?
Speaker 3: In the kitchen, Michelle, who is wearing her sailor dress backwards, is carrying a full retisserie chicken from the fridge to her giant lunch bag.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it wasn't cold fried chicken. Yeah, why wasn't it Jesse's cold fried chicken. This was just a nod, a nod to it. Well, it's funnier if you have an entire yeah, a small oh, that's chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny because you have a small person carrying, right, what is to her a large chicken. So she's packing her lunch with other items such as tomatoes and one big head of lettuce. DJ asks asks, or what are you doing? And Michelle says she's packing her lunch for preschool. DJ shows her that her dress is on backwards and asks if she dressed herself this morning. Michelle nods yes, I did, and DJ asks if she looked at herself in the mirror and thought she looked good. Michelle states, yes, I did. So DJ gives her a fashion tip, walk backwards and maybe no one will notice. Michelle responds, that's easy and begins to drag her lunch bag walking backwards, and she says, see you later, and we're out of that scene.
Speaker 2: She's very independent.
Speaker 3: She's learned I can't depend on these adults for anything except for creepy dream sequences and or bear stories at bedtime.
Speaker 1: Right. Other than that, she's on her own.
Speaker 3: Son's got to dress herself, make her own lunch Friday to preschool. Yeah, she's very resilient for, you know, a child of the nineties. So next we are in stephan DJ's room. Commet is lying on Steff's bed and she tells him, I think our friend DJ is up to something. So she decides to stroll over to DJ's secret hiding place and take a peek at her diary just for fun. She retrieves the diary and reads the note that's paid stood on the front. It's meant for Steph and threatens that if she reads the diary, she will be living in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Okay, so DJ's onto your tricks here. Oh yeah. Steph realizes there must be something really.
Speaker 3: Juicy in there, so she steps onto the bed so she can reach the key that is hiding in its hiding spot under Melvin the turtle's derby, which I guess is a hat. I don't know this, yeah, like the like the brown derby, the little brown that's a derby hat. Okay, yeah, Melvin. It's crazy that he has a name like there's we could have done the pillow person. We could have done mister bear. But now Melvin is well Melvin. Yeah, yeah, okay, So she takes the derby off of the stuffed animal, but there's no key. She can't believe.
Speaker 2: Sorry, my dog is what? What the what? Time for? She's like this time for commercial break? Yeah? Hold on? Did she need a potty or a true what she needs? No, she's bored.
Speaker 3: Come on, don't mind this momentary five minute break. Let's go to commercial. I could keep going, we can. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just like I said, gets a circus like she had.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can't even go'll be.
Speaker 2: On the planets. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do again, and I've got podcasting to do right, right, this is more important than the dog's bathroom needs. She can take care of herself, just like the shell.
Speaker 2: Uh, she's gonna go drag a vertisty chicken out of the fridge table for sure. Oh man, that would make her whole day.
Speaker 3: So the Stephanie's determined to figure out another way to open this diary. She tries to pull the lock off, but instead she breaks it.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Sorry, my dog is barking incessantly, so I think there, and I keep getting phone calls.
Speaker 1: There's probably more shit being delivered to my house.
Speaker 2: And I don't know it, and no one's home. We'll take another five. Hold on a second, okay, And now it's all the all the giant pots and some trees and yeah, and he was in my backyard, so like, oh the dog went out and oh yeah, that's it. She's your guard dog. She's gonna protect you, eat somebody. Yeah, thank you, dog, I appreciate you, not really, Okay.
Speaker 3: So cute.
Speaker 2: She's our studio audience today. Okay, all right, so cute. He's too good.
Speaker 3: You need a minute?
Speaker 2: Do you need a potty break? Coffee break? No, we're gonna be here. We're plowing, We're plowing ahead.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've just broken the lock off of the diary and you're panicking when suddenly there's a knock on the door and Stephanie quickly chucks the tierye under the bed. Uncle Jesse walks in, asking Steff if she's ready, and steph asks where they're going, and Jesse sarcastically says, uh, school, and Stephanie gives a big laugh.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right, I go there.
Speaker 3: I'm like, why is Stephanie home? Like everyone else is going to school? Like why are you?
Speaker 2: Because no one is ever in a rush to get out door in a sitcom house, because everyone must get up at five am obviously to prep a gigantic breakfast and uh be completely done, hair ready and everything. When you just appear out of your room, yeah, without a parent being like can you put your pants on? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is not real life. Yeah, normally there's they're screaming there.
Speaker 2: Camp my shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, come on, we're in the car.
Speaker 2: The car's running, Yeah, you're honking, and the.
Speaker 1: Kids like, I wait, my socks?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: This Yeah, this is so not true to life.
Speaker 2: At all.
Speaker 3: So Comet then hops onto the bed with the diary in his mouth. Jesse walks over to the dog and grabs the diary out of his mouth, realizing it's DJs. He hands it to Stuff and tells her to put it back in the secret hiding place, and he believes it's in the pillowcase this week. Steph nods, telling him he's right. She goes to put the diary back and scolds Commet for being a rascal. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that dog under the bus, it's I mean, you're very Steph's very cunning. She's just like, oh, here's the opportunity on it. You know, don't think there's being a little rascal there, because now I can't read it. If you chew it up, you know, I can't get the info. Okay, Yeah, that's why she was going on a rascal.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she's not like, Okay, I thought I assumed she was like blaming the fact that Comet she's accusing Commed of digging through DJ's pillows.
Speaker 2: But I'm also but I'm also I'm telling myself that Steph that that's what it was, was that Steph was upset that you know, she was like oh, you a little rascal, But really she meant it because like you were going to chew up things. Now I can't read it.
Speaker 3: She needs her intel and yeah, Commet is ruining them. So now we're in the preschool set. Michelle is eagerly leading her dad through the hallway of her new school. She's urging him come on. She tries to pull him in the classroom, but he's too busy being sentimental with no.
Speaker 1: Other parents around. No, no, Michelle is a.
Speaker 3: Mid year replacement, like she's just joining this. It's not the first day of school. First's strolling in late. I mean, yeah, wouldn't the parents be there? You remember preschool drop off school that everyone's there and you know, yeah, no that is.
Speaker 1: But that wouldn't that wouldn't make for a special moment.
Speaker 3: So true, true. So Danny tells Michelle don't worry, she's going to have fun and make new friends. When he won't budge, she finally just says by daddy and walks herself into the classroom. Danny rushes in behind her, and now we're in this colorful classroom filled with a bunch of toddlers. Danny spots Michelle's new teacher, Miss Petrie and says hi. The teacher makes her way over to Michelle and shakes her hand, saying nice to meet you. Then Miss Petrie asks her students to greet Michelle, so the toddlers say in unison, Hi Michelle. Michelle smiles and waves high people, and one of her fellow classmates, who's wearing a crown, walks up to her and declares, I'm the King's and thus we have Aaron. I love this kid, like he's just he's sassy, he's a good match for Michelle. He's funny, and he's the king, she's the princess.
Speaker 2: Like they're a.
Speaker 1: Perfect So maybe he'll get his own dream sequence.
Speaker 2: Please no, please no.
Speaker 3: So the teacher introduces the boy as Aaron and explains Aaron gets to wear the sharing crown because he shared his toys today. Then Aaron asks Michelle if she'd like to see Dave, who is the class pet bird. Just look at they named it Dave. Dave, I mean between Dave Coolier and like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I like animals that have real people names, you know, but Bob had a dog named Alan. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: But the bird name Dave is it's so silly. His name's David, but oh right, we're on a Dave. So yeah, we know it, you know Dave. Okay, So Aaron takes her over to the bird. They're checking out the bird. The audience aws at this cute little exchange. Danny watches them with a smile and tells Miss Petrie that he'll just hang out there today. The teacher points out that Michelle is adjusting very quickly, but if it makes Danny feel better, he's more than welcome to stay and have juice and cookies with them. Like, Danny, Danny's your third child, Like just just go go home and enjoy the silence.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Most of the time by parents that I've seen that, by the time they get to the third kid, they're like it's you know, just tuck and roll out of the car. It's like, yeah, you can't get them into preschool fasten us, right the third kid.
Speaker 3: You're like whoo. So Danny first decides he's going to check with Michelle because he can't make any sort of adult decision without her permission for obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, he's like do you yeah, you you know, can I leave?
Speaker 2: Is that okay? Right?
Speaker 3: He needs Michelle to comfort him because he's having trouble leaving, right, That's what it is, right. Uh, So he says, he says to her, would you like me to stay? And Michelle's like, no, no, no, I'm a big girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Bye, listen to your therapist, Danny. She's telling you, yeah, your therapist would would tell you to go home, and she is yeah.
Speaker 3: So Danny asks Miss Petrie what he's supposed to do now he's cleared his whole day for this. Then he realizes that's really not the teacher's problem, and she agrees and says they'll see him in a couple hours. Get the hint, get the hint in the room, Get out of there, dah, Danny, Dan just has no social awareness. He doesn't, This whole episode has no social awareness. He exits with saying, oh, I can wax the kitchen floor, all right, And he exits with that closing line, which is just so very Danny. Yeah. Finally, Miss Petrie closes the door and tells her students to gather on the magic carpet for story time. All of the students gather, besides Michelle, who's preoccupied with Dave the Bird. Miss Petrie is about to begin. So Michelle tells Dave, come on, it's story time. She unlocks his bird cage, and he immediately flies out the window while Michelle watches in shock. Well, what did you think was gonna happen? There's an open window, there's a toddler, and there's a knot.
Speaker 2: Would you have a preschool with an open window and a bunch of toddlers running around? There would be toddlers crawling out that window, right, there's so many things wrong with this, And yeah, it's I don't know.
Speaker 3: The preschool I sent my kids to had a pet turtle, which I think is much better for preschoolers because they're slow, they don't die anywhere. It was that amphibian right, like a turtle in there. But then the joke has to work. So Aaron turtle flew out the window. That would really be that'd be cool, it would It would make more sense than that dream sequence that right, I'd prefer that. Yeah, please, So Aaron watched this whole thing go down and he alerts the teacher to Dave's disappearance.
Speaker 2: Snitch points to Michelle and says, she did it, cap.
Speaker 1: Just tattletoe, give me that crown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's but I know he's such a little snit, but I love him.
Speaker 3: He's so great. So Miss Petrie tells him it was just an accident. Michelle didn't do it on purpose. But Michelle frowns and says, I'm sorry. I'm a bad girl, and Aaron chimes in says, yes, a very bad girl.
Speaker 2: Michelle just repeats after.
Speaker 3: Him, I'm a very bad girl, and she hives her head as the violins play.
Speaker 2: Okay, this child, this child has some issues. She's really taking on a lot of shame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, necessarily, Uh, I don't know what, but this was I was like, oh, this was an abrupt switch. She went from I don't need you Dad, get out of here too, I'm a very bad girl girl and just.
Speaker 2: Devastated, absolutely devastated. Yeah, and Aaron needs to settle down, all right, Aaron, Aaron, focus on your crown.
Speaker 3: Eric.
Speaker 2: Ye, stop being to everybody else's business.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, later that day, in the backyard, Michelle is holding a loaf of bread as she screams at the sky, Dave, where are you. She throws a slice of bread into the air and it lands by her feet, where there's other slices of bread scattered around the guys are standing to the side watching her, and Danny tells Joey and Jesse that they should have seen Michelle at pre school today. None of the other kids would play with her. She sat in a corner by herself, saying I'm a bad girl.
Speaker 2: Good lord.
Speaker 3: The trauma, right, the trauma of this.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, what is wrong all these other kids, first of all, for a class from a preschool used to hold onto something all day like that. They'd be like, anyway.
Speaker 3: Next, Yeah, now their attention span isn't quite that long. My god, this feels it's like a it's some sort of like a.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even know what it.
Speaker 2: Punishment. It's not just sit in the corner.
Speaker 1: It's she's we're going to ignore you, don't exist, but.
Speaker 2: You're comforting her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was the teacher needs a teacher's aid or something to come in and help with this situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's just sitting there.
Speaker 1: I'm a bad girl's creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Danny is distressed, telling the guys that they have to do something. He tells Jesse to come with him and asks Joey to please pick up the bread. Joey walks onto the grass does his infamous seagull call towards the sky. I don't know if we've seen this before or if I'm just so used to seeing it do it right, I'm like, I think he has done it before.
Speaker 2: But okay, I think he did, and he did one of the earlier ones.
Speaker 3: He's so bit that's right, he has done.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Dave would make that bird noise all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I loved it. So the two of them continue to throw bread all over the ground with the hopes that Dave will appear. That's no ways, Dave the bird. Uh So, Now in DJ and Stuff's room, Stephanie is gluing the lock back onto DJ's diary. She decides that should do it, and then picks up the diary, only to reveal that her palm.
Speaker 2: Is stuck to it.
Speaker 3: She tries to shake it off, but it won't budge. She says, how they should they should put a warning on this glue, and she picks up the bottle and realizes, oh they did Okay.
Speaker 2: How did they do this?
Speaker 3: Did like were you just holding onto it or did they have it?
Speaker 2: Was? It was like there was like a sticky thing on it and it was to my palm. You know, I couldn't like really shake it or it would probably come flying off. But I was stuck there, you know, well enough there was enough stickage to make it look really it actually puts some like snot tape on it. Snot tape is not actual snot. It is just a really sticky thing that they use on set to like stick things down. So yeah, it worked great, very believable.
Speaker 3: So DJ walks in and says hi to Stephanie, asking what's going on. Steph tries to shield the diary as she swiftly walks to her bed, telling DJ nothing's going on at all. She hides her diary glued hand underneath a pillow and poses nonchalantly. It's very obvious nothing's going on.
Speaker 2: Of course, I feel like whenever you try and be nonchalant, you are the most chalant you've ever been.
Speaker 3: Lots of chalant not happening here. DJ responds, well, I was thinking we never hang out like we used to, So do you want to go to the mall with me? Poor Stephanie can't hide her excitement. This is cool, this is rad, this is and she realizes her predicament and states, a really bad time. She tells DJ, I am bushed and pretends to fall asleep or Steph like she finally got her sister's attention and she's stug with a diary on her hand for thing. So then Joey walks in. He tells the girls he's taking Michelle for ice cream and asks who.
Speaker 2: Wants to come, right?
Speaker 1: And then we're going to Disneyland, right, He's just I've never gone to.
Speaker 2: Visit a long time to do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Steph eagerly shouts, I do, and then she glances at her hand a hand and says at her hand, she glances at her hound, at her hand, who really was responsible for this in the first place? For chewing eight?
Speaker 2: It's yes.
Speaker 3: It all comes back to comment. So DJ thanks Joey for the offer, but tells him she's going to the mall, and she also warns him that Stephanie is acting very strange, even for her, and she leaves the room. Joey walks over to Steph with a smirk on his face. He asks what she's hiding under the pillow. She removes the pillow and her hand and shows him that she isn't hiding anything, but he removes the pillow to reveal DJ's diary, which is still stuck to Stephanie's hand. He tries to take the diary from her, but Steph is unable to let it go. She gives him an unconvincing giggle and he puts two and two together. Joey gives her a giggle right back and enthusiastically states, you're in big trouble.
Speaker 2: Thanks for stating the obvious, Joey. Yeah, wait to be helpful, Well, you've got to cut to commercial on something. Yeah, it's true, that's true.
Speaker 3: So in Michelle's room, Michelle is talking to her stuffed animal parrot, telling him to fly away and go find Dave. She throws him off the bed and he lands on the floor with a thud, and she sighs, you're no help. Danny and Jesse walk in, and Jesse reveals we got you a new birdie friend. They show Michelle the little parrot perched in the cage, but Michelle is not impressed. That's not Dave, she says, matter of factly. Jesse tells her that no, this is Sammy, and he asks Michelle to say hi to Sammy. She obliges, Hi, Sammy, where's Dave? She's got one track mind like hers. It was Howie, now it's Dave.
Speaker 2: Like she just wants to know where. Where's many? Where's Dave?
Speaker 1: Where's Howie?
Speaker 2: Where? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Danny assures her that all the kids will love Sammy when she brings him to preschool tomorrow, but Michelle argues, I'm not going to pre school. Danny tells her that she is, and Michelle pouts, no way, Jose, No one likes me. Another shoehorned, another shoe et. All the catch phrases like all of them are in there. It was the early nineties. So she hops off her bed and begins to leave, but Jesse stops her. He crouches down and reminds her that they love her very much, and if she doesn't want to go to preschool, she doesn't have to go to preschool. And Michelle cheered yay, thank you and gives him a kiss and runs away.
Speaker 2: Say no more school? What? No, this is terrible parenting.
Speaker 3: You don't tell them, Oh you don't want to go, you don't have to go, Jesse, Come on now. So Jesse pulls up a chair and proudly tells Danny that the problem is solved. Danny flatly tells him no problem made worse, Michelle has to go to preschool. Jesse questions why they would make her do that when the kids don't like her. Danny reminds him that they can't be by her side twenty four hours a day just to stop every bad thing that might happen. They need to help her get through it, not run away from it. Now.
Speaker 2: See this struck me as odd because just a couple scenes ago, Danny was the one that was like, I need to stay I need to stay right. It felt like a very like I don't know, I feels like or can't be.
Speaker 3: By her side twenty four hours a day. Well, that's what you were trying to do.
Speaker 2: It was like that's what, Yeah, that How did you come to that conclusion? I don't know, like within a couple hours when you were just you know, it just felt it felt weird. It felt like somebody else should have said that to Danny, you know what I mean. It felt like they should have switched. They should have switched right that Jesse should have that. Danny should have been like, Okay, you don't have to go, and Jesse would have been like, come on, man, you can't, Like yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, that's exactly they should have switched the roles here, and because that would have been more better continuity for Danny's character in this episode where he's calling your princess, he's building this up. He just wants her to be happy, and he's too emotionally connected at this point.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I completely agree.
Speaker 3: So Jesse, however, pushes Danny's comments aside, telling him he knows what Michelle is going through. In kindergarten, he was the goldfish monitor. Part of his job was to take the goldfish home on the weekends, and he learned a very important lesson when taking a goldfish home, take the bowl with you. But Jesse's parents made him go back to school after it happened, and all the kids teased him, calling him fish hater. Danny asks how long that went on for, and Jesse realizes it only went on until Show and Tell, and then luckily Barry Fox brought his toenail collection, so the kids turned on him. I mean this these there's filler scenes inside this filler episode, Like there's no need for this level of detail.
Speaker 2: But well, yeah, yeah, I mean Jesse is obviously traumatized. He should really talk to Michelle about this, about how to get through this. That's why he wants her to stay home, says some intense sessions to work through my problem that your problem is bringing up for me. That's and now it makes sense. Now it makes sense when Jesse wants her to stay home. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But after this realization, he acknowledges that Danny was right and he was wrong. Michelle should go back to school. Glad we had a scene about that. I'm so glad we had a yeah, a multi page scene about that. So back in stephan DJ's room, Joey is wipe being Stephanie's now diary free hand of glue.
Speaker 2: That said dairy free by the way, really here, dairy free? Oh diary?
Speaker 3: Yeah I read it that way the first time too, and I was like, we lacto's intolerant.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I was like dairy oh right.
Speaker 3: So Stephanie admits, thanks Joey, you saved my life. He starts to give her a lecture on being careful with the permanent glue, but he manages to get his hand stuck on the diary.
Speaker 2: During the process. Of course he did. Yep.
Speaker 3: DJ walks in and witnesses Joey's hand attached to her diary. She asks what he's doing with it and rips it out of his hand quite literally.
Speaker 1: Ow, Steph gives your skin.
Speaker 3: Steph gives a weary smile and tells them it was nice seeing them again. Joey stops her, asking if there's something she'd like to say to DJ about this diary. Steph nods and begins to tell her the truth. DJ, Joey did not steal your diary. Michelle did, and Steph's just blaming everybody but herself.
Speaker 2: You know this her path.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joey not so subtly clears his throat and Steph winces, maybe it was me, you know how I am with names. DJ asks Joey for a moment alone with her nosy sister, and he gets up to leave. Stephanie begs him not to go, but Joey insists that he must. Then he accidentally puts his fingers together and they get stuck from the permanent glue. Just go wash your hands, right, Go wash your hands. DJ sits Stephanie down and prefaces I'm not going to yell at you. I'm just going to talk in a firm voice for a very long time. Now. Why are you always snooping around in my stuff? Stephanie shrugs, I can't help it. You fascinate me.
Speaker 2: DJ can study.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she is a fast Everyone in this house is a fascinating psychological set.
Speaker 1: And Steph's like, I need to start writing this down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: DJ starts to lecture her, but stops herself, and she smiles as she repeats, I fascinate you. Stephanie nods, of course you do. You go to school, dances, you have seven different teachers in the same day, and you carry a purse. You're a woman of the world.
Speaker 2: This is so sweet, Like that's true, making my heart melt. Stephanie loves her big. She's just like, you're so cool, right. I know.
Speaker 3: DJ agrees that she's a woman of the world, but she still needs her privacy.
Speaker 2: She cuts.
Speaker 3: Stephan deal, if you really promise that my diary is off limits, I'll try to tell you more about my fascinating life. So Stephanie promises. She gives her sister a big hug and asks forgive me. DJ pats her head and sighs, I guess, so, She gives Steph a smirk before revealing besides, I keep my really hot stories in my journal. Stephanie's eyes eyes bold before she shouts, you have a journal?
Speaker 2: Where is it? What does it look like? And Stephanie's right back in it, right back in it. Right. That's such a sister thing, though, Oh my gosh, I oh my two used to freak out about the same stuff. Yep, yep, lack of privacy, except I wish it got resolved that quickly and nicely, you know. And they were like, all right, let's come to an agreement. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mine were like, yeah, well you didn't have an Olsen twin there to talk talk out the party. They never solved it. Yeah, and you didn't have a toddler thing.
Speaker 2: If only I would have parentified one of the kids when they were like three, really would have worked out well.
Speaker 3: So back at the preschool, Michelle is holding Sammy the Bird as she and her dad stand outside the classroom. Sammy the Bird sounds like an old gangster from like the Prohibition era, Sammy the Bird, Sammy the Bird, Say the Bird's in San Francisco, He's on Alcatraz. Yeah, sam Sammy's seen some things, you know, He's been around the block a few times. Did I use it right?
Speaker 2: Did I? Use it right, No, I mean yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean if you wanted to call the bird a whore, yeah sure, yeah, then you used it right. Well, he's been in prison. You don't know what goes on in those things. Oh wow, wow, abrom experience. I'm just guessing just what you know. So just get back to Sammy the Bird. Yeah right, I mean, is Sammy the Bird's bird prison is in a preschool?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, bird, poor bird.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Michelle is still very nervous. She wants Danny to stay with her all day, and Danny promises he won't leave unless she says it's all right, and Michelle says, yeah, he's right back to a.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's no continenty here, but that's you know, this is full house.
Speaker 2: That's what we do.
Speaker 3: So Danny walks into the classroom and says hello to Miss Petrie, who has the children gathered to hear him speak. He says hello to the kids and tells them he has a talk show called Wake Up San Francisco. They aren't easily impressed by this, so he moves on, telling the kids that Michelle has brought them something to keep in the class because she likes them all.
Speaker 2: So much. I just quickly, Yeah, if he's hosting a morning show, how does he have time to drop Michelle off at preschool when presumably that would.
Speaker 1: Be the same time. Yeah, eight eight thirty, if you're doing Wake.
Speaker 2: Up San Francisco, I feel like that's it's got to be a nine am show. You don't just roll in five minutes before.
Speaker 3: And no, you got to get into her makeup, you got to go over your notes, you gotta have a producer meeting, like, yeah, there's a lot of rep time. I mean, I know he took the first day of school off to be glued to Michelle's side, but now we're on the next day or two days later. I'm not obviously a weekday piece. So maybe he took the whole week off because of the trauma. He was fine right letting Michelle go to preschool. So Danny asks Michelle to come in, and she does, carrying the new bird with her. She tells her classmates that this is Sammy and he's a nice birdie, so she's giving him to the preschool. Miss Petrie admits that that's very generous, and she asks for students to thank Michelle by clapping their hands together and they do. I'm I don't know, I'm a little bothered by this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't even know where to start with. What how weird this is?
Speaker 3: This is weird because I'm like, you should replace the bird because you lost the bird. I mean, that's called a natural consequence. You don't do it to win favor with friends. Make friends like, oh, look, how great I am. I've brought a new bird. It's like, well, yeah, you're the one that opened.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should have talked to the teacher first, you know, maybe she was like, you know what, this bird's a bad idea.
Speaker 1: We've this is the fourth one we've lost this month.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe she's like, we need something that is landlocked, like that is that is a terrestrial animal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you need a turtle, amphibian and yeah.
Speaker 1: A bunny or I don't know, maybe close the window. That'd be the first place to start.
Speaker 3: But there's a lot of things that need to change in this classroom.
Speaker 1: Where did they find this preschool?
Speaker 3: Danny, I don't know. Danny crouches down by his daughter and points out, see, all your new friends are saying thank you very much, and Michelle tells the class welcome very much. Miss Petrie takes the new bird and places him on the stool where Day used to be so easily replaced. Yes, like Day was never there. Yeah, the whole class follows her, besides Aaron, who is still wearing this crown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not sharing the sharing crown. Why the crown again, doesn't deserve it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: We had the crown on last time. You have to share the sharing crown.
Speaker 2: You can't get the sharing crown every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, has no has no one shared since Aaron got the crown, Like, what's what's going on? I don't I don't know. He gets it multiple days, I guess, but he walks up to Michelle and kindly says, here, Michelle, you can wear the sharing crown, and he places it on her head before walking away. Okay, that's why. That's why he gets the sharing crown multiple days in a row. Because of this bit. This bit has tour, which was sweet. I thought it was a sweet moment. Michelle proudly shows her dad the new crown, adding I'm a princess, and Danny agrees, you're my little princess.
Speaker 2: I thought we were gonna go back the dream sequence here and I was like, no, no, no, please, yeah, can we stop calling her a princess?
Speaker 3: Like maybe this is just the twenty twenty for me thinking of this, there was girls princesses.
Speaker 2: That's not the goal. Like, you want to be smart, you want to be you want to be Joan of Arc you know what I mean? You want yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know there's much better role models out there.
Speaker 2: But Danny, uh, you know.
Speaker 3: He says he's proud of her for being so brave and coming to preschool, and he asks, do you want me to stay.
Speaker 2: Here with you? No, we want to miss it. As Danny, you went over.
Speaker 3: This, this is deja vus. Michelle shakes her head, no, thank you. They like me now, and Danny smiles. I think you're gonna have a great time here at preschool, and Michelle nods, I like being a big girl. Danny gives her a big hug and kiss before encouraging her to go play with her new friends. Michelle walks away, and Miss Petree walks over to Danny asking if he's doing okay. Danny admits he'll be fine, but if she's ever crowned Miss America, he'll be crying like a baby.
Speaker 2: But I felt I was like, I felt like it could have again twenty twenty four me, it was like, yeah, Crown Miss America would have like you would be fine, but you know, like when she graduated, when she graduates or whatever, like that would have been because it would have made sense, like she's starting school, preschool, so yeah, so.
Speaker 3: You think of her high school graduation and that's when the parents are sobbing, like that would have been better. But oh well, huh. So we see Michelle over by the new bird cage, surrounded by her new friends. She warns them people don't open that door, remember, and that's our show.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, So this wasn't my favorite episode. I mean, the first day of preschool is a milestone that should be acknowledged, but this was just a weird. They could have cut out so much of this and it would have been much better.
Speaker 2: I mean really, just cutting out the dream sequence would have improved it. Leaps and bounds, leaps and bounds. Yeah, yeah, I'm still stuck on that. I can't I can't unsee that. That's like, I like, sandpaper for your eyeballs is what you wish you had? You know, just scratched my corny right off while I saw that, Yeah, that's a never like that'll be Now every time I see like John or Dave or Laurie, I'm gonna be like, oh my god, yeah you remember them in the Yeah, and they're probably gonna be like, yo, we haven't forgotten, we remember it very clearly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that was that was terrifying. I don't know. If this was my least favorite of this season, i'd have to go.
Speaker 2: About lust in the Dust was still pretty you like a couple episodes now Lust in the Dust and Bye Bye Berdie that are yeah hanging out.
Speaker 3: I didn't lust in the Dust, but this one was just it had potential, but it would it just got too weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one, this, I think this one takes. I think it takes the bottom position. Yeah. Yes, for now, they're going to crown it the worst episode of season three so far, so far, Right, there's we still have multiple episodes to go, so this, I'm that's it. I can't We're gonna have to switch to a different scene. I'm gonna write, I'm gonna have seen and yeah, oh boy, well yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Do you have everywhere you looks like I almost don't want to. I didn't want to look. But everywhere you look was another dream.
Speaker 2: See right, everywhere you look is a creepy, weird caterpillar with human looking eyes and uh a strange shaped head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's everywhere you look.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't really have I didn't really have an everywhere you look for this for this one, I don't think.
Speaker 1: No, I just know I didn't.
Speaker 2: I always write those down, and I did not see anything.
Speaker 3: You're checking your notes, I am checking. I don't really have a great one. Except in the last scene I noticed. I feel like they kept switching off between Mary, Kate and Ashley in the same scene, so like somebody must have had a tantrum or something, and so they're like, oh, bring in the next Olsen twin because they look the hair kind of changed a little bit, and the girls they looked like so that's my everyone.
Speaker 2: I didn't notice that.
Speaker 3: I'm so focused on the bird. There was a lot to focus on. So yeah, this was boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing that we watched. It was a thing that we watched and it was uh yep, yeah, we don't never have to watch it again. Jodie Sweeton is speechless. Spe I think everyone has heard what I had to say throughout this episode. It's more just that I'm like, what what more can be said about what a weird episode this was? This was it was like a it's just like you know those those things that you get in your Amazon packages that are just like the puffs of air in like plastic. That's what this episode was like. It was it was It was full but nothing but nothing meaningful. But it kept everything together, you know what I mean, which is the season. So it just was like, we're just gonna shove that in there and keep it going.
Speaker 3: That's a great analogy.
Speaker 2: Yes, it takes up a lot of space, but there's.
Speaker 1: A lot of space fills in the box of season three. But you don't need it.
Speaker 2: You throw it away, you you punch it opened, you you know, and then you go, well that's done.
Speaker 3: So I feel it about it. Yep, Yeah, I feel like that's what happened with So this is the Amazon packaging.
Speaker 2: It's the yeah, it's the plastic h off air packaging of non substance that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's necessary that you got to have, you know what I mean, Like you got it.
Speaker 2: It was do you have?
Speaker 1: Twenty two, Episode twenty four episode seasons.
Speaker 2: You had to have some just to have fluff in there, but this was this wasn't even fluff, this was this was empty space in my opinion. Yes, I don't have that dream sequence. So I and I love Lenny Rips and Jeff Franklin and I do what happened? Guys?
Speaker 3: You all the best episodes of the series, Remember we love Lenny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was also that incident of the Star Wars Christmas Special, so we sometimes things are hit or miss. Yeah, sometimes he's hit or missed.
Speaker 1: Its right.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just you think, you think you're going for something and you do and it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, this was one of those times. This was Christmas Star Wars Special. Oh boy, season three of Full House. Yeah, I wish there was a Wookie involved. Yeah, I would have lost.
Speaker 2: That was what they lost.
Speaker 1: That was what she replaced the bird with was a giant.
Speaker 2: She brought an e walk much better, classic, much better.
Speaker 1: Well that's it for this episode.
Speaker 2: Next episode, though, is season three episode seventeen thirteen, Candles Woo, which is a great episode. Very excited for that one. So I will be excited to preview that one with you, But me too, Hey, We know you guys love these episodes, but we and we love them too, but sometimes, you know, they're a little weird. And I'm sure I'm sure our audience would also agree, like, yeah, this was the thing that kept me up at night when I watched it on a Friday night. But children across America, that's what we did. Thank you guys so much for listening. We love our fan of ritos. Make sure that you're following us on Instagram at Howard Podcasts, or you can send us an email at Howard podcast at gmail dot com. Make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast on whatever platform you're listening to to it on so that you can make sure and get all the new episodes right when we release them. And yeah, you guys, remember the world is small, but the house is full of horrific dream sequences. Horrific, Yeah, horrible.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah this the house was packed with nightmares. Yeah, nightmares.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys, see you next week.
Speaker 2: We're out. Bye.