Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of sucked off into the sky by this trendnadoo that one courtesy a Peanuty Brown on the discord, thank you for bringing Twists back up, Twisters, because it got us start it all again. Brian the editor just watched it and he concurs with us Steven Spielberg's note no kiss at the end, leave the kissing.
Speaker 2: Wait it was I thought Spielberg wanted the kiss.
Speaker 3: Spielberg gave them the note to remove.
Speaker 4: The Oh hell yeah, yeah, sick dude, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: It's movie.
Speaker 1: I took it as they because they don't kiss, but then their flight is delayed and they like walk hand in hand purposefully off to either like left up to ones imagination exactly.
Speaker 2: It's a test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, find a tornado shelter, like they probably know where all the tornado shelters are, you know what I mean, a.
Speaker 2: Little miss their miscreants. Of course, of course they do.
Speaker 1: Or they're just gonna go like find find that next tornado because they are you can apparently just like go find a tornado right now. You want you want me to find you a tornado, I'll go find you a tornado. Yeah, I'll get you three, man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get you three by fucking by nine pm tonight.
Speaker 1: But yeah, more of course a reference to Miles's famous line that he just loves how people keep getting sucked off, because that is, in fact what happens.
Speaker 4: What the action is, you know, the air pressure, the change I don't know even say the change in air pressure. Yeah, took took their their corpses took flight due to them. No, they got sucked off into the sky.
Speaker 1: And you showed tremendous restraint not using that phrasing when we were talking about that show, the accident in which a moon bounce full of children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well obviously that's I don't want to I don't want to make light of something that's a tragedy that's made up in a Netflix film, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Anyway, they don't go just like get the thing doesn't just blow off into the sky like.
Speaker 3: Up into the clouds like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, people have died from moon bounce. Is getting lifted off the ground and then like fall out of the moon bounce.
Speaker 4: Bro. I saw there's a video that that's been on. Anybody who's on Reddit or Twitter, enough spicing. The video of like a little girl holding a kite and then gets pulled up into the air like nifty feet No, luckily she has the grip strength of an American gladiator. Goddamn, because like it comes down and she's safe. But the sight of seeing people get airborne due to the wind, I use a scientific term there, Yeah, the people getting airborne due to wind speed. That's I will not I will not be flippant about that.
Speaker 1: And children do have that grip strength, man, Like, that's the like, babies are born with tremendous grip strength, which the fact that we lose is that evolutionarily needed that in the first place, says a lot about how fucked up things used to be for the kids species to survive. And you're just gonna need to hang right there for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just have to dangle from this tree branch so the predators don't get you. Yeah, ye, and then you'll be okay, you'll be okay.
Speaker 1: But anyways, all right, my name's Jack, that's Miles. These are some of the things that are trending. Twitter has been banned in Brazil, the whole damn nation of two hundred and fifteen million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yeah, the whole thing. Nobody's getting it.
Speaker 4: That's like something like forty to seventy million users for Twitter poof bye bye gone.
Speaker 2: Can't use it all.
Speaker 4: Because Elon Musk is a free speech champion, streak speech absolute tis. So when the Brazilian government is like, hey man, you needed to take some of these accounts down. They're spreading disinformation, and he's like, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh, go fuck yourself turned.
Speaker 2: Into like Keanu. I hate that.
Speaker 4: It's kind of half key because that's not Keanu's vibe. But anyway, as a result, it went into this back and forth where then Twitter also like removed their like legal representative that like that is it based in Brazil who would answer to the court. So basically the Brazilian court's like, oh so there's no one here to talk to adjudicate this or to press to discuss this properly.
Speaker 2: Okay, your banned.
Speaker 3: Your banned.
Speaker 1: They do say that that is Lula's famous catchphrase.
Speaker 3: Your band mm hm.
Speaker 1: But he what he was interviewed on CNN and was like, yeah, no, fuck this guy. The Brazilian justice system may have given an important signal that the world is not obliged to put up with Musk's extreme right wing anything goes just because.
Speaker 3: He is rich yep.
Speaker 1: Which, yeah, I feel like American politicians probably saw that and were like, wait, you can just you can just say that. You can't say that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: That's the fucking death wish. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the other one another Supreme courts, because the reason it's in the news again is the Supreme Court of Brazil upheld this other judge's decision. Like the other judge even took it to the Supreme Court to be like, I'm not tripping right, and they unanimously be like, no, fuck this guy. And one of the justices said that, like the size of a bank account does not give rise to outlandish immunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, that that sounds about right.
Speaker 4: And there was even talk of like people being fined for using VPNs to access it, although it wasn't clear how like that could be enforced.
Speaker 1: But the used to be very popular in Brazil and recently has like fallen off quite a bit, and so the the stories from on the ground are like people are like, yeah, I don't know, I don't really use that shit anyways anymore.
Speaker 2: Most a lot of people don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, aside from the tortured few of us that still insists on get good again.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna get good.
Speaker 2: God, I just don't.
Speaker 4: I think Elon can turn it around, even with the Nazis he's embracing.
Speaker 2: I think you can turn it around.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's like and then also like this has led to like Starlink also having their assets frozen.
Speaker 2: It's a whole thing.
Speaker 4: Like he's fucking around and finding out that the Brazilian legal system a bit different than the very friendly one in the United States.
Speaker 1: Joker Too fully add oh fully like Nick axle Folly, Yeah, yeah, axle Folly Odd Deux. The new The Joker sequel, Joker Too is out. It's getting reviews or it's not out. It hit like it was debuted at like Venice or one of the film festivals, and.
Speaker 3: The reviews are in and they are mixed. Yeah, we don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Some people seem to really like it, some people don't. I'm always rooting for movies to be good, but uh, I do just want to So it is a musical. It's not even doesn't even seem Yeah, it is musical.
Speaker 2: This is because he's got Lady Gaga, right.
Speaker 1: It's got Lady Gaga Joaquin Phoenix who won an Academy Award for playing a musician. So you know that sentence had music in it. And then uh I so, but people were like, so, what what was the thinking behind making this a musical? And Todd Phillips was like, I don't want to label Joker to a musical because quote, most of the music in the movie is really just dialogue. It's just Arthur not having the words to say what he wants to say, so he sings them instead because he doesn't know what a musical is.
Speaker 3: I guess the.
Speaker 4: Music in the movie is dialogue. And when the music doesn't have the words that he wants.
Speaker 3: To, which is the whole, he sings the musical.
Speaker 4: Is there a musical definition, it's if we're on the same thing, a player or movie in which singing and dancing play an essential part.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, uh huh.
Speaker 4: And that's the that's like the broadest definition, and it feels like it's absolutely conforming to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a it's a musical.
Speaker 1: So we'll get to see a movie that it is a musical but is made by someone who has not seen a musical ord wasn't even aware of the concept of musicals existing, which I think makes it more intriguing.
Speaker 3: So maybe that's what he was going for, ye or maybe.
Speaker 4: Or is it just so bad, like he quite literally can't find the words He's like, I was like.
Speaker 2: I just think that I love you.
Speaker 4: And it's like he has to have the affect of singing it to distance himself from his true emotions, thus protecting his ego from being vulnerable.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't know.
Speaker 1: And that's what's so intriguing about Charitable Two's French words, because, Uh, this guy, Arthur Fleck, the star of Joker, guy's fucking twisted, So you don't really know what what he's gonna come with.
Speaker 2: Dude, he'll sing off key bro, he don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: He doesn't give a fuck, but he's singing.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's let's take a quick break and we'll be right back and with.
Speaker 3: Some election updates.
Speaker 1: Mm, and we're back and Tim Walls's for some reason, I've gotten worse at pronouncing his name. Is it Walts Walls? Tim Wallas's second cousins are for Trump. Uh so there, yeah, case.
Speaker 4: Bitch, Yeah, nice try assholes, we got you. Even this the vice presidential picks families for Trump. Now there's a sure that says Nebraska walls is for Trump, and it's got uh.
Speaker 2: I believe these are eight human beings, yes.
Speaker 4: Eight eight whites with their nice custom T shirts on, and like everyone's like, oh my god. Tim Waltz's mom came through and was like, yeah, these are his second cousins and they're just like the conservatives. It's like the conservative wing of the family. So yeah, I mean they it's not like they're in reaction to Tim being a like Tim Waltz. They're being like, well, now we're for Trump. They're like, you know, these people have been always maggot out. It's just now they can use their connection to Tim Waals to probably up their cred locally.
Speaker 1: His second if you can't even get his fucking second cousins to vote for him, like what's even happening? Or maybe this is inevitable because he is like an actual Midwestern person, and right every Midwestern person's family is probably grab back.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think most people's families are regardless, you know what I mean, Like there's you're always going to have somebody who's on that side of the fence for the most part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So on the other side, Trump seems to be losing a few people you might expect to be supporting him. Not as significant as a group of eight second cousins, mind you. But for instance, Goldman Sachs economists have come out and done like some modeling. And you know how big a fans we are of economists modeling, but oh yeah, the economies do always seem to have like come down on the same side of like who is better for.
Speaker 3: The economy for my money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Goldman sach economy, Goldman Sax economists like that.
Speaker 3: That just like.
Speaker 1: Feels I start like smelling a Republican when those words are put together. But they came out gamed out the potential economic implications of a Republican or Democratic victory in November. Uh and caush, and that the us GDP would face a hit in the case of a win for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: Capital has spoken yes, uh, but that's yeah, that's a little surprising. That goes against the kind of accepted wisdom about who Donald like, who would Donald Trump be good for?
Speaker 3: Right? A handful of rich people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when it's all things like I'll make sure you don't pay anything. But they're like, yeah, but that's just a handful of us. Like I'm also invested. I'm like kind of invested in a lot of shit in the economy, so like it can't just be me like I need I need the businesses to be humming, but great, sure will that do anything?
Speaker 3: Probably I do not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they are, like I feel like there's probably some like banker people who are still listening to economists about like what what their forecasts say. There's probably still like Wall Street Journal Republicans out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're that. But I feel like those kinds of people they're probably insulated enough by the wealth that it really truly doesn't matter who's president.
Speaker 2: They're like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forgot to vote. Yeah, like I'm just collecting interest on all this shit.
Speaker 3: But it's helpful for them to have like their financial advisors moral licensing to be like, yeah, Trump would actually be better for you, so they could.
Speaker 1: Be well, there, he said it, he said it, not me.
Speaker 4: Hold on, honey, you want braces, right, Okay, So I'm gonna have to vote.
Speaker 2: I'm voting Trump.
Speaker 1: And then also apparently there are some Republicans these are like blind items. Nobody's going on the record, but they like since the past month or so, as Trump has been you know, seeming to like have some some things glitching in the old brain in public, and then his you know, he's gone back on some of his anti choice bona fides, that there are now Republicans who are okay with a Donald Trump lost on election day and specifically are like gaming things out and they're like, actually, this would be the best thing for the Republican party because we have no future with him.
Speaker 2: So yep, yep, yep. Cool.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you could just lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was like a whole thing in Politico. I think that was the article, Yeah, Politico's playbook.
Speaker 1: Of course, we checked the politico dot com playbook every morning just to see, uh, what what everybody's up to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the Capitol.
Speaker 4: People people come up to me on the street all the time they say, hey, what's up, playboy?
Speaker 2: I say, hey, what's up with the playbook? Thank you? You asked me wrong. Questions. I need to know what political's weird takes are on today.
Speaker 1: I actually keep it on a thing on my arm like a college quarterback. You know the playbook Politico playbook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a little led screen that you have that updates like.
Speaker 2: Oh no, look at this, what is this?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think there's this whole you know, the the the Republicans who aren't even never Trumpers are saying it, but not publicly because they are cowards, and so they're still just hoping that his terrible candidacy will help them. Now they're like, now we get to be the people who are the big kids on the playground.
Speaker 2: Because the MAGA people took it over.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's it's a lot of coping. So I guess they can just say.
Speaker 2: Well, the good thing is maybe if Kamla Harris wins, we can we can be the new Republicans. Yeah, okay, sure, sure, sure, sure, sure, sure sure sure.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, they're probably not going to get their wish of Donald Trump lost because it does seem like the Republicans have figured out the code for stopping Kamlala Harris. And so we got a couple strategies here.
Speaker 4: Onees Yeah, fucking genius dude, Peter Navarro, who I'm you know, I think just got out of prison, you know, he's he's on he's on the internet screaming about He's like, we gotta figure out a way to get just to just to try and you know, slow down the enthusiasm, and then this is this is his strategy for that.
Speaker 5: I emerging you. From this day forward, never ever ever to refer to Kamala Harris by her first name.
Speaker 2: Okay, only her first name, Okay.
Speaker 3: Kamala, Kama.
Speaker 5: She is not a soccer star.
Speaker 6: Okay, I get it, Messay, I get it.
Speaker 1: By the way he says, essay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, messy, MESSI not Lionel anyway, it ain't messy Okay.
Speaker 5: But but when you use Kamala these days, it does not do us any good. Works in the other direction, it personalizes her and it creates a favorable impression. We haven't been able to do what needs to be done based on her resume.
Speaker 4: Turn anyway, I can't, I can't. I can't understand this anymore. He's like losing the thread. He also goes on to be like he's like so an ode or homage to that famous pop music karma chameleon. That's not bad, comm a liar, that's not bad. But we're having a wake up call right now. Okay, we're burying Kamala as.
Speaker 2: A single use names. A single use name. What is a single use plastics to?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a single use name is very strange.
Speaker 1: Comma chameleon would peoples kama chameleon.
Speaker 3: It's not even.
Speaker 2: Chameleon.
Speaker 3: Couldn't even figure out like what it would be.
Speaker 1: So he was like, maybe like work, I don't know, I'm just spitballing here, but maybe like that song could be worked in somehow.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just like out here workshopping things. I didn't say they were all.
Speaker 3: Going to be winners.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that's just wild though, too, Like that's this is this is where the thinking is too. Now, like the ideas that are coming out of these like people have audiences for like people in the far right, is just stuff, Like.
Speaker 2: All right, what if we just called her madam vice President?
Speaker 1: What I mean I thought he was going with because calling women by their first name and men by their last name is kind of like a microaggression that happens in the workplace sometimes.
Speaker 3: So I thought he was being like being protective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, guys call her miss Harris or something.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, they're coming at Kamala Harris from multiple angles, so of course don't use it as a single use name whatever that means name. And then also, uh, what's up with their earbuds? Okay, like is it that this is weird? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is it? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Why does she so Miles she's always got earbuds in when she's talking on the phone. And that's because, uh, it really feels like people just like trying to be like, well, look at your shirt. Your shirt sucks, you know, just like looking at a picture and trying to like pick a thing to make fun of somebody about. But she is wearing headphones because she's on the phone, because she's busy person. They are speculating that she is using them to shield herself from interviews and interview questions. Fox News loved this, so they like jumped on and they're like, look look at this with her with their headphones. They're like proof positive smoking gun is that she's not using air pods. Okay, like the rest of the world, She's still using wired headphones. So obviously it's just a show to like she's trying to show everybody that she's on the phone so that she looks busy and so she can't answer their questions.
Speaker 4: Right, right, right, right right, Okay, so similar to so when these men see that, similar to a lot of the females I try to talk to you out in public, they got their ear.
Speaker 2: I've seen this one hundred times, folks.
Speaker 3: It's fake.
Speaker 4: It's just because I'm creepy, or it's because they're they're lying. Yeah, so this is just so wild to be like the other ones, like they're wired. Sometimes she wears the wired ones, not even air pods.
Speaker 3: Yes, and by the way, that was a scandal.
Speaker 1: They like, so now they're being like, she's actually like faking it, and you can tell because she's using wire. But she's always worn wired earbuds and you can like literally see them in the famous like We Did It Joe video where she's out for a jog and finds out that they won the election. And in fact, this is the first time her use of wired earbuds has sparked a stupid controversy. In twenty twenty one, Politico published a piece blowing the lid off of her bluetooth phobia. They interviewed former aides who revealed that Harris insists on using wired headphones.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, what.
Speaker 2: Are we kay as a country, we're fine with that?
Speaker 1: Not if we have this person so close to power who insists on using wired headphones, why.
Speaker 2: Would they do that? Like?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 4: What compels the person to use fired headphones in twenty twenty one?
Speaker 1: Oh actually, so that same article, like after pretending it was a controver. He also points out that numerous experts say that despite you know, this article's three authors calling Harris paranoid for using wired ear buds, there are numerous cybersecurity concerns around bluetooth technology. The CVE program is a database of current and historic cybersecurity vulnerabilities recorded, which and it has recorded more than four hundred and fifty instances of Bluetooth being used to compromise data and devices, which is why the FBI reportedly instructs politicians, lawmakers, and national security executives to protect themselves from spies, trolls, and adversaries by using wired devices, not bluetooth, whenever possible. So she's literally being dragged for just following security protocols from the FBI.
Speaker 2: She's just listening to the FBI. Man, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with It's just so funny though, too, because like they can't, Like there's plenty of policy you could talk about, but the Replicans are famously want nothing to do with policy. It would also be these like weird personal attacks, like dude, and she's wearing like fucking earbuds. Yeah, I mean, obviously it's not a critique of her policies. Isn't gonna come from the far right of her, But Jesus, like they're they're they have nothing. Uh, And this is this is where you end up when you're just going after earbuds and you have no policy to speak of.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yes.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, if you want to compare the two cannon's respective earbud cred In addition to presumably not even knowing what AirPods are, Trump sells gold paneled earbuds on his website, and like I assumed they were just the Apple AirPods, but like with gold on the outside and like Trump stenciled in, Uh, they're just like way worse. A full charge gives you two to three hours of listening time, whereas normal AirPods give you four and a half to six. So you check that we wouldn't want to have wired earbuds as opposed to gold plated shitty AirPods that only work for like an hour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh well they'll have something. They'll they'll have another Look, they're gonna have another attack, locked and loaded come this time tomorrow, something great.
Speaker 1: So like I love opening up my Internet box every morning and seeing what they have in store for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, because now it's just like even like fucking Lindsey Graham had an op ed in the New York Times and he's like, Donald Trump, please stop going off script about Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: It's it's hurting you. Please.
Speaker 4: We don't even know what to say anymore. I think at this point we just were just trying to tell you to shut up, dude, just because their whole thing is like every time he opens his mouth, he's like that just becomes a thing where they're the whole news cycle is now just talking about what Trump said, and we're not able to actually critique her on her record. It's like, what is her record from your perspective, because it's not coming from my side of a critique of what it could be, like how the platform went way to the right in many instances, it's more to be like and she made eggs more expensive, right, yeah, okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Okay, eggs expensive and use wired headphones.
Speaker 4: Got it, got it, got it, got it, got it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, September fourth. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode.
Speaker 3: Of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,