Speaker 1: You know, people ask me if I weren't, if I weren't doing what I was doing what I do, I'm like, maybe maybe a scout love that love watch the scout. I love following quarterbacks from.
Speaker 2: Like high school, one handsome scout.
Speaker 1: I love following these guys from high school to find out what schools they go to to predicting which ones are going to do well in the NFL once they get there.
Speaker 2: We got to get you in there.
Speaker 3: Was there any of the quarterbacks specifically remembered that there's like, that's gonna be a guy, and then they went on to be someone that was good.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers boom at Berkeley.
Speaker 5: I just remember watching him. He puts it right on the money.
Speaker 4: Money Welcome to Games with Names. I'm Julian Edelman, They're Jack and Kyler, and we are on a mission to find the greatest game of all time. On today's episode, we are covering the Minneapolis Miracle twenty seventeen NFC Divisional round Saints versus Vikings with actor and star of Netflix's Ransom Canyon and former college quarterback Josh Dumel. We get into talking to his college football career.
Speaker 1: I threw for like four touchdowns and two hundred and fifteen yards in the fourth quarter, and I was like, oh my god, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: Pro his happy place in the woods of North Dakota.
Speaker 5: Do you have a ride a horse?
Speaker 4: I've trotted a couple of times my daughter. And we also get into him being at one of the greatest games in Viking history. Miracles do happen.
Speaker 5: There's this man in a wheelchair and I swear to God he stood up.
Speaker 4: And then we have a new segment for the Chill Zone, presented by Corps Light. You gotta stick around to the end. Let's go games with names of production of iHeartRadio. January fourteen, twenty eighteen, US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Speaker 1: The Vikings are down one on their own, thirty nine ten seconds left, no timeouts.
Speaker 4: Katum steps into it, digs sideline touchdown. I'm believable, says minnieapolis Mira. Today we are looking at the Minnesota Miracle. Twenty seventeen NFC Divisional Round Saints versus Vikings game with Josh Dumal. Welcome to the studio, Welcome to the nuthouse. In one sentence, why this game?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I'm a huge sports fan. I didn't play that up.
Speaker 1: I didn't play Everybody calls me dumalrow. It's all good, is it. It's Duham, It's Dumal, it's dumbbell, it's all kinds of things.
Speaker 2: I did call him, Josh, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's okay, Edelman.
Speaker 4: Why this game?
Speaker 2: Why this game?
Speaker 4: One sent this game because.
Speaker 1: It was the most exciting game I've ever been to in person in my life.
Speaker 2: You were there, I was there, Oh wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was also at the Vikings game Saints game in New Orleans, I think it was a couple of years later, where it was Rudolph went up and mid of one had a catch to win it. So they had a couple of really good ones. And I can get into why this game. I mean also because uh, you know, the head coach of the Saints at the time was also involved with bounty Gate. Bownie Yeah, Peyton, Yeah, Sean Payton. And I remember this, dude. We were down, we were up the whole game. They came and then they came back and took the lead with like fifteen seconds left.
Speaker 5: The fairmount correctly, and he was he was like oh to the crowd, like oh what now? What now? It was like this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: And then right after that, you know, we made the play to win the game, and you made the and it was and it was like such sweet poetic justice that we came back and went not only because I'm a huge Vikes fan, but because we beat Sean Payton and the Saints.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there it goes there. It is right there because they beat Sean Payton in This's a little something in there that we'll dig into when we get into the teams. This is the greatest game of all time, though, this is a pretty great game all time. You think so, No, I'm asking you, isn't the greatest game? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's been some great games. I mean, it's probably the most exciting game ever that the Vikings may. I mean, they've been in some good ones too, you guys have been some great games.
Speaker 4: Hey, we ask all the guests.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think that it's for me.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's because I'm a little biased because I was there, But it was one of those games because the Vikings just don't do this.
Speaker 5: They're usually the team that this gets happened too.
Speaker 1: But you know, this was one of those games that you know, that this season, the last couple of seasons, the Vikings have kind of turned it around. They've been winning games in the clutch, which was never really ourmo.
Speaker 4: No with Kevin O'Connell, those one score games have been going your way. Yeah, and this was a very exciting game, like in a historical game. Yeah, because I mean we all remember and the Saints have been around. Two of these crazy historic like games were the one with the no call to go to the Super or with the Super Bowl one. But I remember we were playing. We weren't playing. I was hurt this year and no one could believe what happened when this fucking play happened. Yeah, like, where was the tackling? Where is the boundary? What the fuck is going on? Who's calling? What is this real? Is it scripted? I mean, what the hell? It's almost like that a phantom blocker out there?
Speaker 2: Phantom?
Speaker 5: I mean, you whiffed on the receiver? Didn't If he did, I probably should have watched this before I came here.
Speaker 4: But you're.
Speaker 5: Weird defensive.
Speaker 4: We'll get in this will show the clip. But it was just a fun game and we'll get into the roster. But I like, I liked case Keenum. They kind of did him dirty. Yeah, and did him a little dirty.
Speaker 5: He was a hell of a player.
Speaker 2: He was, and he loved being there.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did.
Speaker 5: He's he played really well.
Speaker 1: And I'll never forget too that that the amount of absolute excitement and and unbelieve just nobody could believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was sitting in this area and there was this there's this man in a wheelchair and I swear to god, he stood up. It was just stood up for a second. I mean, that might have been in my imagination. I would have felt like, I remember I gave my huge hug. I was like, oh my god, maybe I lifted them up. That might have been my happen talking about Minneapolis.
Speaker 4: Miracles are everywhere.
Speaker 2: There are miracles everywhere.
Speaker 3: Other incredible Vikings games recently too. There was that Colt's comeback game that happened fairly recently, three nothing that justin Jefferson was, Oh my god, he's in Buffalo and he makes this the craziest catch you ever saw up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: They've been doing that recently, which has been really fun for Vikings fans. We still haven't gotten over the hump, but yeah, they have for so many years they would just break and they always find a new way to break our hearts. It feels like every year we think where we think this is the year. This last year nobody saw coming, nobody expected me.
Speaker 4: You'd never forget that it was a rebuild year kind of. And then you guys rattle off a really great yea, we're talking about Sam Darnold being MVP until Week sixteen, and then yeah, one thing leads to another.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he.
Speaker 1: Played unbelievably well. I mean that one's a little bit on that one's. I mean, I get it because JJ's the guy, but he played so well, and I get that, you know, he didn't really perform those last two games the way we wanted, but it was his first time under that under that kind of pressure, under those lights, and I feel like, you know, he's he's a legit player with the right team and the right coach sort of leading.
Speaker 4: And that was very hard for me to digest the production that Sam Darnold had with the guy waiting Jj McCarthy to let that man leave the building. And if you look what he signed for thirty mil, Yeah, you know, thirty five mil. It's a bridge quarterback contract.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we lost a lot of money those last two games.
Speaker 4: He did. But to the point, does that mean McCarthy's the guy? Do you believe in McCarthy You think he's the guy? Do you believe in what KOC sees in McCarthy?
Speaker 5: Well, I have to because Ko, he's a smart dude, our guy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I went to the last couple of games and JJ looks small. I mean, maybe it's because he's rehabbing the near or whatever. It doesn't look like a big quarterback. And I'm hoping he's going to be durable enough.
Speaker 2: Is Sam Darnold's a big guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He is. Like when you look when you see these guys, like, he's a big dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I trust I trust KOC that, you know, I do. I mean, these guys they obviously believe in the kid. I loved him at Michigan. He's a winner.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what if?
Speaker 4: So what if the JJ McCarthy starts the season, they go owing three? Yeah, they own two maybe one in one and three, And all of a sudden, Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers decided not to sign anywhere, And sitting there, are you wanting Aaron Rodgers? Uh?
Speaker 5: You know, I didn't. I didn't want Far of them.
Speaker 4: He got him that first time because he was a packer. Yeah, but he came to us and had one of the.
Speaker 2: Greatest years his career, fun year.
Speaker 5: And I do like Aaron.
Speaker 1: I've met him several times over the years at these golf tournaments and whatnot. He's always given me, you know, Viking suck. I was like, where'd that come from? I'll look over there, Aaron. But so we've always had a fun back and forth about you know, the Vikings and the Packers and just I mean, how weird would that be to have him do the exact same thing that Far did.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean he could do it. He can still play, he can still sling it like nobody else.
Speaker 4: So I mean, who would you rather take him or Kirk Cousins Rogers all day?
Speaker 1: Because Rogers is clutch man. I mean I like Kirk. I thought that Kirk. I liked I Greuter, really liked the guy. But I just don't think he's the guy that's ever going to get you over the top. Yeah, I just don't. He's great, great stats, he gets you a lot of wins. He you know, throws for a lot of yards, a lot of touchdowns, but he never seems to win that big game where Rogers can and he has, yeah once once, but he's also come back and won a lot.
Speaker 5: Of big games for them.
Speaker 4: In the playoffs in Lambeau. I'm just saying, what's life like growing up in North Dakota?
Speaker 1: Life in North Dakota was pretty awesome. I have to say, you know, I couldn't wait to get out of there is my younger years, but then as now as a you know, middle aged man, I've really grown to love the place and it's a great place to grow up.
Speaker 4: Now, does everyone in that region, you guys all gravitate towards Minnesota? What's the what's the sports fandom of people in the states that don't have a pro team?
Speaker 2: Like, how does that work?
Speaker 5: It's usually Minnesota.
Speaker 1: A lot of regions, a lot of Packer fans, a few few Broncos fans, but it's mostly Vikings. It's the Tea Wolves, it's the wild it's the Vikings, it's the Twins, it's the Links.
Speaker 4: Who's what was your hierarchy of sports growing up? What do you mean what what was your favorite? It was football, football, and basketball?
Speaker 2: Football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, football, it was Vikings and Tea Wolves.
Speaker 5: Well, I was actually a Cowboys fan growing up.
Speaker 1: Cowboys, yeah, because because I was that guy who was gonna be the you know, the anti whatever. Yeah, and then so I always like the I always really I always liked the Vikings, but because they were always on. But for whatever reason, from a young kid, I like the Cowboys. But then I think it was after I left, when I was twenty two years old, I really started missing not seeing those games on Sundays and I and I became like my connection back to home. Yeah, and I became a full on bikes fan. But yeah, the Vikings. I'm a huge UFC fan. Not too Yeah, I think that's my number two.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 4: Who's your fighter? What do you like watching?
Speaker 5: You know? I really like uh Patty the battye.
Speaker 4: Right now the battis pretty much you know what, who is the dude that not the not kuld Be, the guy who is like kub Be that just beat uh Sugar Shane. He was He's a market chief made the market.
Speaker 5: I forget those those those Dakistani's.
Speaker 4: Man, anytime there's a stand on a country, you don't fight. Those guys are not just They're just a different level, Like they're just technicians. They fucking practice on bears. They they really do. They wrestle bears. Like when they were talking about this whole one hundred guys versus a fucking gorilla, I said, why don't we rephrase that one hundred Russians and people from those countries versus gorilla. I'm taking those people. Yeah, those people are nuts. Is unmatched.
Speaker 5: Bro, Well, what what did you did? You look it up as.
Speaker 6: I'm looking here, it's you, marav devil Shelley fattering the pronunciation I think it is. Yeah, that was back in September.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a question.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you to go ahead back to football for a second, as a college quarterback. Yeah, Like, I'm fascinated by the fact that you played college quarterback and then went on to become this amazing NFL wide receiver. There's a guy right now from Montana State. I heard about what's his name?
Speaker 5: I should know this.
Speaker 4: Raiders got him.
Speaker 1: Raiders got him, but they drafted the NDSU quarterback right before, right after him, like one pick apart, who beat them in the national championship.
Speaker 4: Tommy Mallett.
Speaker 5: Tommy Mallett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and who's accous of the NDSU quarterback that got drafted right next to him.
Speaker 4: They did Cam Miller.
Speaker 1: Cam Miller who's also he could be he could actually be a legit quarterback anyway. Tommy Mallett. I remember watching this dude. He was a freshman and they also played at NDSU as a freshman in the.
Speaker 5: National championship game.
Speaker 1: Hurt his knee and couldn't play, but he switched from like a running back wide receiver to play quarterback because he's such an athlete.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 1: It's just it's one of those things that fascinates me, and I think I might know why it works, because you got to have crazy athletic ability like you have. This guy's got it too in spades. But to take a quarterback knowing that you're going to switch him to wide receiver, is it because they have such an understanding of what is happening on the defense and they helped the quarterback sort of read it with he's almost like a quarterback at the receiver position, and it makes sit that much easier for the quarterback to sort of be in sebpatago with them.
Speaker 4: I think that's what you're hoping when you draft a quarterback that's going to change positions. Now. For me, the ecosystem that I was brought into was a little different because I was going to a winning team that could take shots on guys that they didn't have to really develop really because they had a team. Yeah, you know, and so it worked for me. A lot of these guys. If you get drafted somewhere and the team's not good and the coaching staffs got a little heat under their seat, yeah, you know, those opportunities go away and the time for development for the kid goes away because they got to ultimately get the team ready to go out and perform its best. So a lot of those guys get lost under the rug. But I would say that's what you're hopeful for with a quarterback that's converting to another position, because that was a strength of mind. I always knew the quarterback tedious things that receivers would do, not getting flat to downhill on an incut right, you know, protecting throws on outcut right, you know, giving great body language at the top of routes. So you're decisive enough for the quarterback to be able to make a decision. I think that's what played a huge part. But you have to have that.
Speaker 1: You know what the quarterback is looking for. You know what he needs because he see you beat it. You've been in his position, so you can you know what makes it easy for him to to.
Speaker 2: Find you without a doubt.
Speaker 4: And it's also comes down to processing, like processing speeds. So usually quarterbacks, If you're a quarterback, you're processing speeds usually faster because you have to see what the defensive line is doing.
Speaker 2: You have to take.
Speaker 4: A pre snap coverage of the coverage, and then a post snap because you're always changed with the safety right.
Speaker 5: But not all receivers can do that, and.
Speaker 4: But the slot guys, guys that are working a lot of the middle of the field.
Speaker 7: And they have to Yeah, it's fascinating, man.
Speaker 5: I love this stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean I was just thinking about, you know, because there are these guys who are just straight burners, who are just pure athletes who can But I would almost as a quarterback, want a guy who I can trust is going to be there when I throw the ball to a spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, well that's that's usually good guys that stick. Yeah, just an NFL, you get the guys that are super athletes that can do that as well. That's the difference. There's more of those guys, and you know, the guys that don't, they don't have longer careers because they're always trying to replace you. They're always trying to find someone smarter, that's cheaper, or that's stronger, that's faster. That's the competition and the capitalists vert way of this sport. Yeah, you know, it's it's American talk. What do they call a meritocracy?
Speaker 5: Meritocracy?
Speaker 1: What I love about sports though, it's a pure aritire, pure mariti. Not a meritocracy, just a meritocracy.
Speaker 4: You're super fascinated with, Like you knew the Montana State quarterback. Are you watching college guys and following them to the the pros?
Speaker 2: Or did this come from my not state.
Speaker 4: I've always forget whatever the.
Speaker 5: People ask me.
Speaker 1: If I weren't, if I weren't doing what I was doing what I do, I'm like, maybe maybe a scout love that watching out.
Speaker 5: I love following quarterbacks from like.
Speaker 2: High school, one handsome scout.
Speaker 1: I love following these guys from high school to find out what schools they go to to, predicting which ones are going to do well in the NFL once they get there. You know, it depends on obviously which which team they end up with, and you know how much.
Speaker 5: Support they're going to get. But I just love that.
Speaker 1: I just love, you know, following these guys from whatever school. I didn't do it so much this year because I was working, but usually that's what I'm all about, is watching who's going to go with.
Speaker 4: What was the favorite moment of your career playing career. What's the first thing you think about when you think about your playing career, because you love the sport.
Speaker 5: I mean, I played, it's.
Speaker 4: The high school game so long ago. Now there's something that's take south though. Everyone has that one play that you wish well, I remember you did.
Speaker 1: I think what it was for me When I was a freshman at Minus State University, Go Beaver's.
Speaker 5: They put me in as freshmen.
Speaker 1: We were down, We're getting an ass kicked by south West Minnesota State or something, and they put me in and I just I threw for like four touchdowns in two hundred and fifteen yards in the fourth quarter and I was like, Oh my god, I'm gonna go pro.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go pro.
Speaker 1: And then never saw the field again for my junior year. Yeah, but no, that that was like, it was one of those moments that I just couldn't miss. It was just like bombing the zone. And that to me was like one of those moments that I just love. I just love sports, and you know, you know those moments when you just get into that zone you just can't seem to miss. Whether it's basketball or golf or whatever it is, it just feels easy. And that was one of those moments for me. In in at Mina State, we had a good team. We went to you know, we were n ai A and we went to the final four. I think my soft freshman or sophomore. That's you know, it's it's it's in a football but it was still football.
Speaker 2: Still good football.
Speaker 4: The thing is, there's the there's guys from those your era that made it to the league. It's just those those schools are going to get hurt now with n I L Yeah, because if a kid pops off at college, he's going to dip out to the Pac twelve or go to the MAC for a year, and then after the MAC he's going to go to the Big twelve.
Speaker 2: It's just a pro football now. It's crazy, It.
Speaker 1: Really is crazy. We're developing a show based on all this stuff. Yeah, it's called QB GAM, but based on focused on the quarterback position. We could we could you know, do spin offs on the receiver position whatever, because it is there's money out there. But you know the way these quarterbacks move around, and it changes the trajectory of not only not only you know, his career, but but that that school's path and that conferences path. I mean, look at the Caleb Williams, Spencer Rattler, uh Jackson darts and yeah, you know Caleb went from went to Oklahoma, pushed Spencer to South Carolina. Then Caleb moved to the USC, pushing Jackson Dark to Old miss and these schools, you know, they're all rich now now they are all right, but you know, it really does change it.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 1: But you know for schools like NDSU who really get hurt by this nil this transfer portal thing, because are you familiar with NDSU at all?
Speaker 5: Well, I know of them, Yeah, I mean, so.
Speaker 1: They're they're like the they're like the like Alabama was for all those years. They've won like eight to the last ten national championships. They're really good and they put a lot of guys in the NFL. Trey Lance, right, Trey Lance. They are four five quarterbacks. Now I've gone to the NFL.
Speaker 8: What's his name, Carson went Wing, Brock Jensen, Carson Wentz, Trey Lance, Eastern Stick, and now Kem.
Speaker 5: I mean they're not superstars, but.
Speaker 4: They're still there's still going to you know.
Speaker 5: It's like it's hard to go to the NFL, you know, the Bison.
Speaker 1: So my point is is that NDSU being this powerhouse of us. You know, they're they're one division down from the big boys, but they're really good and every year they play one of those teams and always usually if they don't beat them, that's really close. NDSU now has a big problem with these guys who are popping off then on. But my my thinking is there's also guys that clems in or whatever school who are supposed to be the guy, that aren't the guy but are just right there that might go down to NDSU to get a real shot. Yeah, to make sure they play. I don't know that is do you think that's a.
Speaker 4: Why my university, Kent State University, is in the same predicament. We're a lower mid major one, a school that was probably in the last five percent of budgeting for their for their program, which means no money, no no coaches, no players, no nothing. So you know it's going to be tough for those schools. You have to you have to have a hell of car salesman that's going to sell to these kids.
Speaker 1: A lot of these guys are coming at a lot of these bigs. You know, if those guys aren't get to play, they're gonna want to go to play somewhere.
Speaker 4: Louisiana, Lafayette's in Mount West, there's still one they still go to. You know, a different The thing is there North Dakota State and Ken State they're so low on the totem poll. You got to pray and hope that the kids from the area that comes back and bounces back.
Speaker 2: So it's just but don't you.
Speaker 1: Think that if you're at school like I think, NDBSU is a special a different scenario because they've been.
Speaker 2: Well like app State.
Speaker 4: It's like app State too, Appellation. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: If it's a.
Speaker 1: Really good program, because the ultimate goal is to go to the NFL, right, and if you're a program that might not be the Clemsons in you're in some transfers came in that we're getting all this nil money that knocked you out of your spot.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just feels like those guys who are right there, maybe the second the second stringers might want to pop down to.
Speaker 2: Definitely and they might get a little check.
Speaker 4: You know, you get the local Arby's to give them fifty grand, you know, the the the car salesman, give him some stuff. But then you get him for one year. He balls out it after that and you're trying to get the chemistry. Where is he gonna go? Yeah?
Speaker 5: True, you know what I mean? Well, I think I'm sorry, Go ahead, No, I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Because like having North Toakota State be kind of like a backstop for quarterbacks. It's kind of like how Alabama was for coaching staff for a while. You have these head coaches go out flame ount Tea to a coordinator position under save it and then they get the head coaching japs. So maybe that can be a backstop because.
Speaker 1: They are because they've been so successful, there's still a launching pad to go to the NFL. Maybe not Clemson or Alabama, so the other ones. Don't you think that these schools, there's got to be some regulation on this.
Speaker 2: I don't they get.
Speaker 4: It's still the Wild Wall West's rules.
Speaker 5: I don't mind it, actually, I don't.
Speaker 1: I think these kids should get money and they should have the ability to move around, but they should have to there should be some kind of contract they shouldn't bear.
Speaker 4: There shouldn't be two transfer portals. That's if you're gonna sign with the team, you shouldn't have two free agency processes. This will start getting to be like pro football when they unify, they're in their union. When the kids unify, whatever they call it, and then someone's gonna come out and try to make some kind of law for this, whether it's the NC two A, whether it's the two Conferences, the Three Conferences, whether it's Nick Saban. There's no laws to even break right now. So these kids, if you're a kid, you do the same thing. You gotta do what's best for you. But until there's laws made, but no one knows who's going to make the laws, and no one knows who can enforce the laws because everyone's terrified of getting sued by you know, the workman's whatever. Thing like, it's just the wild Wall West. Until there's some regulations on this, this is going to be crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that there should maybe be, like you said, either you can't transfer twice, or.
Speaker 5: You have to stay at school at least two years. It's got to be.
Speaker 1: Maybe a contract that makes like that way, you're just not bouncing from school to school. Yeah, And I don't think it's a good thing anyway for these On the one hand, I think it's a good that they should be able to make money and move to where they have the best shot. But I don't necessarily necessarily think it's good for them. You look at like Rock Purty and some of these quarterbacks are stuck around for four years. There's so much more ready when they get there. Like Carson Beck, I'm worried that dude is just he's making It's all about that money. Yeah, are these NFL teams going to think that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: It is a little bit of a red flag when guys are starting to hit adversity and just jumping shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, you want your guys to feel failure, and that's something that I'm sure that the people that are evaluating these guys are having to adjust to. Because it's a new generation, it's a new kid it's a new type of person. Every old generation says that, the same thing about the younger generation. Yeah, you know, there's the same thing about me being on Instagram, the first guy in the locker room on an Instagram from the old caste. What the fuck are you doing? Like, it's the same shit, you know, it's it's we'll see where it goes. Doing workout videos, bro, I know, actually I'm posting like my meals at that point, it was like two thousand.
Speaker 2: You know, you were doing TikTok dance videos before didn't have TikTok.
Speaker 5: You're doing the first one.
Speaker 6: No putting on that set. Put a quick button on what Josh's original point here. Five hundred players have transferred just this offseason from FBS down to f CS, so we are seeing.
Speaker 1: It going from the from down to Okay, yeah, five nars so far and NDS.
Speaker 5: You would be one of those schools they would go to because they have a real shot.
Speaker 4: To go to the tradition.
Speaker 1: That's my I mean not so that's just a theory, but I'm just maybe I'm just wishful thinking.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 4: You got like you got to pursue the scout thing, man, Right, They were on the money.
Speaker 2: We got to get you in there.
Speaker 3: Back to the scout thing, was there anything quarterbacks specifically remembered that there's like that's gonna be a guy, and then they went on to be someone that was good.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers boom.
Speaker 1: I mean, he wasn't that big of a stretch to Sason, but he just remember watching him, like this, dude, can he puts it right on the money. Even in college, he was like, so.
Speaker 2: He's so high.
Speaker 4: Remember he used to keep his ball real high. He used to throw to one of my uh, one of my hometown friends, Jonathan McCone and shout out. We used to work out together and he was catching balls from Aaron rod Yeah.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 4: I was at Berkeley. I liked Berkeley. That's where I grew up. Oh really, I grew up in Northern California. Where in Northern California, Redwood City, so I was like right in the okay, right next to pala Walda on the peninsula.
Speaker 2: But I always liked Berkeley because.
Speaker 4: Of Aaron Rodgers and those yeah, you know, and they were always pretty much the better team out of Berkeley and Stanford. Stanford didn't get hot until like I left.
Speaker 1: I lived When I first moved to California from North Dakota. I lived in Runnert Park.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, that was between.
Speaker 1: Palo Alta or uh Pataluoma and Santa Rosa.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's North North. Yeah, it's up there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's so. Like I dated a girl from Palo Alto. Yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Did you go to University Street? Take her? Take her down to nice little I just don't know, I was back in those days.
Speaker 1: Just like I was like this kid from North Dakota dating a girl from California.
Speaker 9: Yeah, A look at me.
Speaker 4: So you're from North Dakota, you played football, you have an infatuation with sports. How the hell did you become an actor?
Speaker 1: You know, I think I think I always had this this dream about doing it. You know, I think, like a lot of people, like you know, growing up in North Dakota, you don't have a lot of opportunity for that. It's like, you're there's no entertainment avenues for anything like that. So I just thought that it would be I dreamt about, you know, that would be cool to be in a movie. But then I was you know, as I got older, I moved to California to go to. I was trying to go to dental school and either UCSF or USC or one of those schools. That's at least what I told my mother. But I think I had this this I just wanted to go dip my toes in the water to see if I had it, if I had the guts to do.
Speaker 5: It, more than anything, because I was terrified.
Speaker 1: I was so new to California to the whole thing that I just wanted to see and wanted to feel it out. And I think that that's how I started. And then I ended up getting an agent and started sending me out on TV commercials.
Speaker 5: I second it was. It was, it was pretty it was pretty big.
Speaker 4: My mom saw you bro on all my children and I was on that for three years. Ange she'd still be talking about, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Leo Dupre. It was, but that was the the soap was. That was a few years after. There was a lot of a lot of equity before that. And then I got the job and all my children moved moved to New York. I did that for three years. But that was the best thing that ever could happen to me as far as the acting stuff, because it's like boot camp. You know you literally because I was so green when I first got there, I didn't I couldn't even believe that I was going to be on TV. I was like, oh my god, I couldn't believe I got this. I was like, holy ship, they're gonna be watching me at home. I'm gonna be on TV. And I remember that's all I could think about. When I was first walking out on my first scene. I was like, oh my god. And I had my leather pants on of my mow hair and turtle next wetter, my long duster leather jacket.
Speaker 5: I was like a zero trash grifter.
Speaker 8: Fu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, that was he was at your moment that that was a moment.
Speaker 5: I had to walk on stage and I had to be I had to walk out this.
Speaker 1: It was in this restaurant scene with Elizabeth Banks. It was like her first thing too. It's so weird because it was like we were both brad New and I was just this euro trash grifter trying to get a free breakfast. And she says, and I remember, I still remember the line. I was like, good morning, Rosalie, Hey, good morning. Breakfast was so good that I thought I'd come back for lunch.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, almost And I needed and I needed like four takes because I couldn't remember that. It was like I was so nervous. Good morning, Rosal. Lunch was so good. I thought it'd come back for No. I'm sorry. Breakfast is so good.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I can't I try one more time. There it is. There's my leather duster.
Speaker 4: There's young young I look exactly like that. Still don't know, Yeah, yeah, a little bit so. Yeah, that was the That was the beginning, man, so a long time ago. Now, would you ever want to make a movie off a specific athlete or like a sport movie? What's what's your dream sport movie or athlete to play? Friend tarkinon fran Tarkan. I used to love fran tark my dad. I never saw him play with my dad.
Speaker 5: I don't remember. I think I was too young.
Speaker 2: I was too young, but I'm thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm fifty two.
Speaker 4: With my age bro. Yeah, a couple of hunts on the couch.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It's a good question. I'm trying to think of what that might be.
Speaker 4: You got to be a quarterback. Maybe the break movie. Maybe we make you The Brady Movie, the Brady biopic. You could play a four year old Brady. You could play easy a thirty two to forty five year old Brady. We could we can get your dye.
Speaker 5: I'm not an Aaron Rodgers movie.
Speaker 2: Oh I like love Aaron rod It's it's a fucking no no.
Speaker 1: It was just the Monte I do a secret Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I.
Speaker 1: Was thinking, it's kind of a it's kind of like, it's kind of like a.
Speaker 5: Sport movie, but it's also like a mushroom movie.
Speaker 2: Mushroom movie, psychedelic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it goes into like some weird psychedelic thing.
Speaker 4: Well, there's some soap opera shit in Brady's life too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is it now?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I haven't been following.
Speaker 2: I don't know me either.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back after this quick break. Let's go back, get in time around where the game took place January fourteenth, twenty eighteen, the twenty seventeen season, but it takes place in eighteen. Always Confused, Always in the Nutthouse included number one movie Jamanji Welcome to the Jungle. You know what I liked it? I liked it. I was a huge Jumanji Original Man with Robin Williams RP r IP. I love that guy. That was pretty good, though. They gave some homage to the old old one, Right M Right number one song perfect by Ed Sheeran featuring Bbie Beyonce shut Out. I don't remember that one. I don't either, do you hear the blank care? I don't really remember this jam either.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think these movies and songs are worth moving right past.
Speaker 2: Paddington We walked.
Speaker 5: You watch that.
Speaker 4: I know we just had Paul Walter Houser on this. I remember when that went down. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's a crazy what a story story, that's a sports movie.
Speaker 5: I know what it is.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna change my own Rogers thing I'm gonna have with Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 5: That is a great story.
Speaker 2: Big shows dude, Heisman Trophy of this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but think about this dude. His career.
Speaker 1: He walked on at Texas Texas Tech right, bawled out, balled out, went decided to walk on at Oklahoma. Didn't have a he didn't have a scholarship, and he went there. I think that was sort of like the we'll have one for you maybe he knew he was going to get one balls out there, ends up winning the the the Heisman Trophy and then goes on to be the number one.
Speaker 4: Pick, and he won a playoff game for the Browns. He won two playoff games and bridges, which people don't realize.
Speaker 1: That's not that hasn't been done that often. Dude is a winner very similar to uh. What that was his new quarterback for the Eagles. That dude also mad respect for it because of what he what he endured was.
Speaker 4: You must like Ward then because he's a grinder. He was a zero cam, wore zero star zero highly to the number one pick.
Speaker 5: I haven't paid much attention this year.
Speaker 4: I haven't watched him as much quarterback year, but that that story right there tells me like he's got dog in them.
Speaker 1: But do you remember Jalen Hurts when he lost the job to tuh the national in the National game, didn't make a peep next year? It comes back, right, didn't he go back to the next home didn't play again? Or did he leave that next time?
Speaker 4: He sat next year? The next year, then he transferred then.
Speaker 1: But even when he sat behind two, he was still a toll class actor about it. I always really respected that dude for that he was and then and then to see him do as well as he has in the NFL is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Do we think Baker Mayfield will ever win a Super Bowl? I don't know, Tampa. I like that new receiver they just got. They got some receivers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a that's a conference where you can come out strong. Yeah. Everyone.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't put it past him.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't bet against, but I wouldn't put it on it. He's a grinder man. I love him. Yeah, let's jump into this game real quick, these games and break down these teams.
Speaker 6: It's real quick. These were the Sean Payton led Saints when eleven and five here.
Speaker 4: Talking about the doctor Blitz? What do they call him? The bounty Gate guy?
Speaker 2: Was there anymore?
Speaker 1: No, he wasn't, but he was there when when the year that they played the Vikings in the in the NFC Championship and they took they took farm out.
Speaker 5: Remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do a lot of that, So you kept that.
Speaker 1: I had I already had a thing for him, and then for him to like do that after he thought he was gonna win that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what what I was like this motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Can you explain to us the skull clapp When did that happen?
Speaker 1: When I think it comes from Iceland two thousand years, it works like it's just the thing that they've always done, that they they they adopted about.
Speaker 4: Is there a lot of scandin Navian people there? Oh yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: North Dakota, Minnesota. It's all.
Speaker 1: It's all Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish man wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: This was Alvin Kamara's rookie year. Marcus Lattimore, Yeah, was a beast this year. Some other names out there made he was forgeting about the saintsiers out since he now but remember those Ted ginn Cam Jordan. I mean this was a Michael Thomas, a little bit of a bridging of the eras with the Saints here this kind of ushered into today.
Speaker 4: We trained together for the at the speed and strength in Euclid, Ohio.
Speaker 6: That's right, baby, And they're back after three seven to nine seasons, back in the playoffs after that drought.
Speaker 4: So I played with a lot of guys that played with Sam Bratford, and every guy says how good he really was. It's a shame he could never stay healthy. Yeah, because like they were lighting it up with him the year before or something. He was doing well and then he got hurt again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy, I'm like Carson, Yeah, Carson was he started out hot fire.
Speaker 5: I always love that dude too, I feel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you remember about these Saints teams other than Doctor Blitz and Bounty Gate.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean soon their whole their whole trage actually changed when they got Breeze. Yeah, you know, so they and you gotta give you gotta give Peyton credit because he really got that team believing.
Speaker 5: Because they terrible for so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Breeze Peyton, they really sort of turned it around.
Speaker 4: Young cam Jordan Michael Thomas was getting a hundred cat seasons like it was just freaking Jonathan. This is like the start of it. He went one oh four, and then I think the next year he went to one to twenty five. Then the year after that one fifty.
Speaker 3: Stun and then he's still playing no and then after that it never it went fell off.
Speaker 1: Ever happened again, isn't he really he's a cousin or nephew of.
Speaker 6: He is a nephew of Keshawn Johnson. And then he is also let's break down these Vikings Jack thirteen and three Vikings best season since nineteen ninety eight, the fifteen and one team, Randy Moss's rookie year.
Speaker 4: We all remember how that one came to an end. Unfortunate Christ too soon, Still too soon.
Speaker 6: Dalvin Cook rookie year, balled the heck out in his first four weeks, got an a cl injury in Detroit. Latavious Murray and Jerick McKinnon filled in to make a pretty darn good backfield they were. Bradford went down week five, case Keenham took over, came in and bawled out himself ten and one in his absence.
Speaker 4: That's Bradford. That is first playoff by since O nine.
Speaker 6: So they were getting that buys the number two seed and then the second year of us Bank Stadium.
Speaker 4: Also joint Adam feeling, Adam dealing, Stefan Diggs. Diggs can't looking great? Yeah, now he's our guy. He's on guy, is he?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We got Diggs?
Speaker 4: No kidding, Yeah, we just signed him. Sign We signed them seven.
Speaker 5: Give me a quarterback. Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Parted up. But Josh McDaniel, how's he how's he gonna do things do better this year? Yeah, I'm really excited. They addressed the offensive line, which they needed to. You got to protect them before anything. I like the little Hendrickson out of the backfield Ohio State running back. He's really good with past protections. He's really good in the pass game. We we just so happened to have the guy called plays who throw the ball to running backs fourteen twelve times in Super Bowls with James White and Shane Vereen. Don't forget about Marshall Falk, all time great third down possession receive receiving running backs. Yeah, you're gonna be paired up with that. I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 8: Frable at the hell, I do think may Is gonna be a good quarterback though, you know he's he's he's got a lot of the stuff.
Speaker 4: He's got to go do it.
Speaker 5: And Frable's their head coach though.
Speaker 10: Rabes, Wow, that's cool here met Rabes. Never he's a cool dude. He seems like a great he's a great coach. He's like a big grizzly bear. Yeah, we go to the dirty We went to thereby a couple of times. Again, looks like he looks like a head coach, doesn't he The guy's got to pack a skull in his lip with a heater. Fucking the guy is.
Speaker 4: He's everything you want your head coach, but smarter as a whistle, you know, but also fucking alpha you, smarter whistle for you. Yeah, he'll he'll alpha the fuck out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he seems like that.
Speaker 8: He's just because he's done everything a head. He got a lot of passes.
Speaker 1: One of those touchdowns touchdown pass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the super Bowl. I think he's got two or three in the super Bowl. Yeah, insane. I never played with Rabes, but in our locker room he had a he had this legacy about how smart he was. But get back to the Minnesota Vikings, Sam sam Bradfrigan's hurt case. Keenum comes in.
Speaker 2: What were you?
Speaker 8: What were your thoughts coming into this game? Honestly, it's a blur until that that last catch. I just remember we were up, We're up, We're up. Oh my god, they're coming back. Oh my god. They took the lead of fifteen seconds or whatever it was. Left who you at?
Speaker 5: Then they did it again.
Speaker 1: So friends, like what it was with one of my buddies, probably Bob Schwartz or Greg Cheddar one of those guys.
Speaker 2: Like a buddy game guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh yeah, so you bring one of the buddy game that's always one of those guys.
Speaker 4: And so you guys, what did we are we pregaming in the fucking tailgate in one degree weather? Oh yeah, shirts off, bears up?
Speaker 1: Was it the year before that the they Walsh missed the field goal against the Seahawks?
Speaker 4: No, this was the site. There's been two years after that, yeah, because they went eight and eight and miss the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Year before that that the year before that they played outdoors at the Gophers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was so Yeah, fifteen sixteen season.
Speaker 5: What time of year?
Speaker 4: No, it was the first game of the year we went. It was fucking hot though.
Speaker 1: So that's why this was so great because you know it just you're talking about ninety eight when they went fifteen to one, heartbreak, and then whoever, however many times after that, and then you know.
Speaker 5: The two years before this, which would have been twenty.
Speaker 2: Fifteen, sixteen fifteen Steen season.
Speaker 1: Sixteen, walshmiss is that kick twenty seven yard er to lose.
Speaker 5: It, to lose the game?
Speaker 1: Oh for a year ago this game were up and then they come back, and then we then took for for for Digs to make that catch and to win the game. It was just nobody could believe it. The place was on fire. It literally unbelievable.
Speaker 4: The guy that was in a wheelchair stood up.
Speaker 8: You said, I might have picked them up. I don't remember. Well, that's why sports rock.
Speaker 4: What's the go to refreshment and food item at a stadium? Are you in a box? Are you? Are you with the regular I have season tickets box season tickets. No, No, no, I don't. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't ball like you man, the people ball.
Speaker 2: Ballless.
Speaker 5: No I have I have.
Speaker 1: I have these seats that I got ever since they opened the stadium. They're they're not even real low, but they're in this great little balcony area where you can get out. It's like only two rows and you can kind of get out and go to the bathroom and go get a beer.
Speaker 4: You know, like the chauffeur lady that because you go all the time like hey, hey, Debbie, how you doing.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I haven't been to those seats. I've been to a couple of games these last couple of years, but I've given those seats away because I had friends that had boxes or sweets or whatever, so we'd go do that. But they, yeah, they take great carry at that stadium. They really do.
Speaker 4: Now when you it's a hot dog and beer. Dog and beer can't go wrong. Good hot dog over here, US Bank Citium probably good with sausages. You're close to that sausage world in Norwegion. What's the regional beer in Minnesota? I personally I love bush Light push Light. I'm a bush light guy. I like that. My type of guy, that's my type of guy. I was more of a natty guy. That's all I could afford.
Speaker 11: But of course, of course, of course, of course, yes, when you're not at a game, what's the watching spread?
Speaker 2: How are you watching game? Are you watching with people that know football?
Speaker 4: Are you having fucking parties with all these Hollywood A listers because you're an A list, you know, Are you having people that don't love the sport there? Or you fucking buddy game? Only my boys we got nachos, beers and we're watching the fucking game. Which one is it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: It depends.
Speaker 1: I don't really have a lot of I mean, I have a bunch of friends in Los Angeles a lot.
Speaker 5: Been here for a long time.
Speaker 1: But if I'm going to be hanging with a bunch of guys, that's usually my guys back home.
Speaker 5: Love that, or it's at home with my wife. My son.
Speaker 1: I've turned him into a total Viking style, which is great good. You know, it just kind of depends. There's no real We've been moving around a lot the last couple of years, so you say, other we're at the cabin, or we're here, or we're somewhere working. So I just try to find I love a good sports bar. I'm find a good sports bar where you can see all the games happening. I'm in a pool I've been in I've been in a pool for the last fifteen years, and that's a lot of fun. So I don't bet much. It's mostly just my pool. We play against the spreads and that's it. Yeah, like the pool stuff, Survivor action. I like that Jackie break down. This game, well, this.
Speaker 6: Game can really be summed up by being a tale of two halves. I know that sounds cliche. I love this, but honestly, seventeen nothing at the half, getting after breeze, all first quarter sacks stopping the run, doing whatever it take. The defense was flying around Harrison Smith, all the guys, you know.
Speaker 4: Pressure in the middle of the pocket, reactions, can't see, can't see he's up on his tippetoe, and all these Etts games dialed up.
Speaker 6: Second half though, starts to get hot with Michael Thomas, and he starts whittling away at that lead. You get a Keith Keenum interception at the end of the third.
Speaker 4: Not good. Midway through the fourth, we got a block punt.
Speaker 2: Oh, we know the stats.
Speaker 6: If you block a punt in the game, some experts say you have a ninety percent chance of ninety some experts say some of these statistician.
Speaker 4: Cats your Ernie Adams, if if, if, you.
Speaker 6: Will, So we hit a field goal the minute twenty nine left. Shout out to Kai. Twenty three to twenty one. Minnesota's back up twenty nine seconds left. Big stop, big stop.
Speaker 4: On third down, third and one, forces the New Orleans field goal.
Speaker 2: Drill it.
Speaker 4: We're down twenty four to twenty three.
Speaker 2: How many seconds left?
Speaker 6: That's twenty nine seconds left. That takes us to third and ten our own thirty.
Speaker 5: Nine with twenty nine seconds left.
Speaker 4: Now it's down to ten. Okay, yeah, we're down to ten seconds. Two plays, two plays, nineteen seconds off. Yes, get out of bounds. Everyone's thinking, everyone's big chunk. Get out of bounds, Celtic, let me get three to the sideline, you know what they say.
Speaker 5: Digs probably even thinking I don't get out of bounds. I was like, there's nobody around me. I'm just gonna keep a running into the end zone.
Speaker 6: Zimmers, zimmers, and get out of bounds. Third and ten, ten seconds left, no timeouts, thirty nine yard line, backed up to the corner. Sixty one yard bomb, the catch and run, Digs tackle Minneapolis Miracle Baby place goes wild. Guys that are quadriplegics can stand, you know, I mean, anything can happen.
Speaker 4: So after the Unbeliever, you planning we're going to the NFC Championshould you go to NFC?
Speaker 5: Just the Philly that year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I remember going. I remember being outside. I think I posted.
Speaker 4: Deli, Deli, We're going to Phi. Fucking We're going to fill man, how do you celebrate a game like.
Speaker 2: This like that?
Speaker 1: And it was it was freezing outside. We were so excited to go to Philadelphia and then just laid an egg.
Speaker 4: Laid an egg, and then I see you two weeks later at the Super Bowl. Oh yeah, we were out and about how fun freezing was that Super Bowl? It was a it was minus eleven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah it was. It was a rough one.
Speaker 1: I was really upset that we weren't in that Super bought for.
Speaker 5: Sure we were going to go.
Speaker 2: That would have been crazy.
Speaker 4: It would have been great because look at La won a Super Bowl in La, right, yep, Tampa won in Tampa.
Speaker 2: Ye started that kickoff? What's the fallout of this game?
Speaker 4: Jackie?
Speaker 2: Aftermath? This would be the.
Speaker 6: First NFL playoff game to end in a walk off TD the Minneapolis.
Speaker 3: Before we did, the Falcons Super Bowl fifty one ended off with the walk off TD too.
Speaker 4: Is this just like a regular war?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's nice.
Speaker 6: After yeah, I think it's over over the regulation regulation regulation, no, no, no, all good, all good. The Minneapolis Miracle became a trademarked phrase. Everybody knows that one all time sports lore. Minnesota would fall to Philly in the NFC Championship Game unfortunately, and the Eagles would then defeat the Patriots at US Bank in Super Bowl fifty two minus Jewels forty one thirty three. We couldn't get a stop to say our lives. I don't think I could have helped the defense.
Speaker 4: Hey, I've seen you out there at quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: You were hurt, this how this going.
Speaker 4: On in the season, But that's.
Speaker 5: Right, So you were there.
Speaker 4: But when I met you, we were just out and about.
Speaker 2: I think because you.
Speaker 5: Were because this was what a day or two before.
Speaker 6: This, before Super Bowl festivities, were hanging out with everybody comes with that Super Bowl?
Speaker 9: Yeah, baby, Oh it was at It was at the Armory?
Speaker 5: Was it j Lob? Jaylo was playing someone Jo was performing the Armory.
Speaker 1: I remember the Armory because my buddy Ross Gulette, that's where the Lakers used to play when they were in Minneapolis, that old armory that we're in cool and now they've converted into this great little, you know, venue for for music concerts. And he's the guy that did all the a vy, all the sound and all the video in that place.
Speaker 2: I wonder, just Rocks.
Speaker 4: I wonder how like technical Beyonce's people, how hard it was maybe to work with them because they probably wanted like pitch perfect.
Speaker 5: Well, it was Jlo, right, ja, I think it was.
Speaker 12: I think it was regardless those you know, those want Oh, she likes things, she likes it to be she's very she's she worked. I have worked at there, and she's great, she really is. But she's a perfectionist man like that. You can't hate on that.
Speaker 2: What's the legacy of this game, Josh, I think this.
Speaker 1: Is when the Vikings started to believe they were they we could. A couple of years ago, we were close too. I don't know what the legacy here is, you know, it's it's sort of the same story that we've always had a kind of deal with the Vikings there. This is that game that you know, oh my god, this is the year, this is the year we're going. We're going all the way, and then boom, the next week, we did.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: So I try not to get too high or too low. I do believe that Koc's got the right stuff to get this team there, I really do. I think he's an amazing coach. He seems like I've never met him. But Brian Flores Flores on defense. I mean, they've got the right guys sort of leading the team. It's just a matter of hopefully's just a matter of time, because you know, Minnesota deserves a Super Bowl. I think it's the most winning team ever have to won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: They've been the four right then the four of them.
Speaker 1: I think they have the most playoff wins and the most wins for any team that has never won it.
Speaker 5: I think something some that I have.
Speaker 3: A pitch for the legacy of this game, and I think it's as a casual or as a Patriots sport fan.
Speaker 4: I'm not a Vikings fan.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 3: When plays like this happen, it makes every single game you watch better because you know that it's not over to the end. You know that this can happen because you've seen it. So like when you know your team's down two scores and it's looking bleak and there's a thing here in your third and fifteen, it is a touch of hope because you've seen someone do it at some point at a high level. And so games like this like really like make the sport better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every single game. Legacy of this game is a new hope. Is that a Star Wars movie? Yeah, it's the first one like that. Let's name the game the Minneapolis Miracle. There's no other names. There's no other there's no other Usually after another one another miracle in Minneapolis seems.
Speaker 1: A little word. I didn't love the name of that. I think, uh. I think PA Paul Allen named it that, the Minneapolis Miracle.
Speaker 2: What would you name it?
Speaker 5: I think it's a bit of a mouthful.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not good with they.
Speaker 5: I think I p.
Speaker 1: A Is one of the best in the whole business. I don't know if you ever listened to him do a play by player. He's incredible, incredible. He's a total homer. He loves his vikings, but he is really good. He's the guy I think named it that. But I think I had gone to Minneapolis Miracle. That rolls off the tongue a little better now, the way he had to do it in the moment.
Speaker 5: This is right there. Would you have gone with Minneapolis or Minnesota miracle?
Speaker 4: Miracle? I like the Minnesota Miracle more. That's what we're gonna call it.
Speaker 5: How about the Minnicle?
Speaker 4: The minicle?
Speaker 2: Whoa minicle? I like that?
Speaker 4: The minicle? The minical game? Score the game? Is this the greatest game of all time? Let's score it? Josh Stakes of this game, divisional round one to ten decimals. Okay, you know I'll give it a I'll give it an eight. You know what, that's an integrity that super Bowl all the way there, but it was it was a big one go home, this winner, go home. I'm going with an eight to well, I like that with a nine to one seven cut star power?
Speaker 2: Who was that?
Speaker 4: You were at the game, Who's at the game?
Speaker 2: The players on the game?
Speaker 7: About the players, star power? However you want to think the went in the building Drew Brees Hall of fame. I mean, Keenan was not a star. He was a hell of a player, but not like a big.
Speaker 1: Name, right, Uh, Diggs was not really a star yet he was good.
Speaker 4: A lot of future stars, yeah.
Speaker 5: A lot of future stars.
Speaker 1: I think Peyton and Peyton and Breeze are probably the two biggest names in this. I'll go with I'll give it a I'll give it a six. That's an integrity score.
Speaker 4: It's like integrity score pro score. I'm gonna go with the six to two.
Speaker 1: Now you're just copying me. Oh six to they meant six.
Speaker 4: Gameplay, how the game went back and forth. This was a great game to watch, dude.
Speaker 2: This is a ten angel w baby, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna go nine point one.
Speaker 2: It's gonna score high.
Speaker 4: This is gonna really is an eight seven eight. The name of the game, the minicle game. Also the cultural impact of this game.
Speaker 2: To cultural impact of this game.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think I'll give it a nine.
Speaker 4: Very good. That's a good score. Love that score. That's a great score, Josh, that's a.
Speaker 2: Top These are pros.
Speaker 4: Nine point three score? Really a games? Do you what are you basing this?
Speaker 3: A lot of people come in like mark humans, it's all tens. That's the best ever. It's like, come on, it's a game five?
Speaker 5: What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 4: Eight five? I dig it.
Speaker 5: A three?
Speaker 4: Where is this is? This is gonna rank highere does it?
Speaker 3: It's deservingly eight point three to two to fun game Baby eight point three two. It puts it at the new twenty seventh, just behind the Shrug Game, the nineteen ninety two finals game one Blazer versus Bulls, and just ahead of USC fifty two Couture versus.
Speaker 5: That was a good one.
Speaker 4: That was a chuck on here to talk about that. He did the Iceman the Iceman ice. Could you imagine he was talking about his going to his kid's soccer game and some kids were yelling at his kid. Can you imagine Chuck lidell over in the side with his fanny pack and his goddamn mohawk and you're yelling at his goddamn kid. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I would watch what I was saying right there.
Speaker 5: Colorflower ears. You just don't mess with those girds.
Speaker 4: You don't, especially don't mess with.
Speaker 3: Their kids with mohawks. But the color Flower mooars. I'm out, Josh, we miss anything with this game?
Speaker 5: No, man, I think this was I think we covered it pretty well.
Speaker 4: This is uh.
Speaker 5: I'm really glad we have to talk about this because this is one of my this is one of my core memories.
Speaker 2: This was a freaking great game to go over.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is especially the time I was playing during this time, and this is aning historical game that everyone likes to talk about, and it'll go down for a long time as it should. You know, these are fun games, like Kyler said, gives teams hope, gives them hope that hey ain't over till the Fat Lady sings.
Speaker 2: Can we say that anymore?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Plus size, I'm plus podcast.
Speaker 5: You're good.
Speaker 4: Everyone gotta go chuck out Ransom Canyon on Netflix. Now watch the first episode. Fire a lot of good stuff. Yeah, go to gatlan dot com, Baby Glynn gatlan com. Now, I wore some wrangler and I tucked in my ship because I wanted to be a little cowboy for you. Oh. I appreciate that you could have put on a hat and some boots. I had him, but I got I chickened out did earlier. I didn't know if you would take me serious. Probably would have melted.
Speaker 5: I am going to have you come, uh, come on, come on the show.
Speaker 4: Let me know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have a ride a horse.
Speaker 2: I've trotted a couple of times. My dad need to do it. I've trotted.
Speaker 5: Maybe you could wrestle some cattle or something some like that.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm I'm a company guy. You let me know what to do.
Speaker 4: Coach what you check him out on social media? Josh Dumal Dumel, What is that?
Speaker 5: It's French? The French say mandl Josh Dummel.
Speaker 3: They were just talking about you on this week's episode of the Studio. I heard so I had your name dialed in pronunciations and like the joke was that they were mispronouncing your name.
Speaker 4: So this name I haven't seen it, but I want to see it. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, oh my god. Well everyone go check him out.
Speaker 4: Thanks for coming on, bro, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Always good to see you.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back after this quick break. Man, so cool, you've got Aura. I was just gonna say, yeah, Aura, I love Josh. He was a beast, just cool the whole show.
Speaker 3: I couldn't help but think like him, like walking around as like an eighteen year old in like North Dakota and all these like the two thousand people in his time being like he's gonna be a movie star.
Speaker 4: And then he did it, really did it. We didn't get into him so handsome that it made him a movie star.
Speaker 6: It was the elephant in the room. I'll say his anthem is, yeah it was. It was cool, dude, cool nose ball, nose ball, nose ball.
Speaker 3: Although to be a Cowboys fan that was weird. I didn't be like culture to be a Cowboys fans a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would he be the only hipster in North Dakota, Like he's got to go against the crowd, man, But maybe you like the Cowboys in the eighties. He came back around. We'll give him that one. And it's show on Netflix. I've been watching it. I like it some cowboy energy James. I wanted to ask him, like, what do you have to what do you do to get in a depressed he had to be depressed, like his wife dies in the first episode spoilers like and then he's got high school babe. That's you know, trying to take him out. This little philly or a mayor. As I learned a lot of horse talk, you know, I've been, you know, listening to horse facts. Anything under for is a Philly and then after that it becomes a mayor. What's a gelding?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That'll probably be on the next year.
Speaker 6: If we had to pitch Josh, we're talking movies and sports movies. We remake The Scout with Albert Brooks. Instead of going to Mexico to find a pitcher, it's Josh going up to North Dakota to find some little d two school guy.
Speaker 4: I could see this, see I.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to get away the good with he would be a good scout.
Speaker 4: He make it, baby.
Speaker 2: I like this idea he can be, but he.
Speaker 4: Does like Rogers, is he too good looking to be a scout? Though Billy Brad Pitty, the real guy. Don't look like Brad Brad.
Speaker 2: He played it though it worked.
Speaker 4: I mean he could be a former player that got We can make that. Yes, could have been the guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's proprietary infest. So I didn't want to say it with Josh here. You never know he might tell it. Bro next thing, you know, I'm cut out of the Netflix. We just save it for the trust.
Speaker 2: Keep him.
Speaker 4: Looking at you, Peyton Manning.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about him on the next our next brainstorm sets. Then we'll go to Josh with it as a united front. Well, he's loosely cut.
Speaker 4: Josh out of it.
Speaker 5: What we.
Speaker 4: Attached his names without asking? Yeah, that's what everyone goes. Yeah, yeah, see, gonna be a picture. You want to be a movie star, Yeah, you see, we're over here in tinseltown.
Speaker 6: Kid.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, I'm gonna get you a three picture of deal. Kid. Cut you out of it, you see, just use your name. We'll just give you a Cadillac. You see, we'll take everything out. Look at us, and now it's time for the Chill Zone, brought to you by Coors Light. Coors Light delivered straight to your door. Visit Coors Light dot com slash G double you and love that sounds.
Speaker 2: And you see that shows blue. You know it's about the rule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we go into the seven second, before we do that, this episode will be coming out. It'll be a week from today recording it. So this is like today's episode the Julian got elected to the Patriots Hall of Fame. Yes, it's gonna be a week later from when it actually happened. But just for games with names.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, brother well deserved get this man a red jacket. Didn't think I had a chance. Boys, old minitarian Logan Mankins. Honored to be in the sentence with those boys, bet against them, bet against them. No, it's it's it's really cool, man, it's pretty I think everything happens for a reason. Uh, me being brought to New England, uh and me being the ka of person I am. I became a person of my environment. And to get to learn from Bill Belichick, Josh McDaniel's, Tom Brady west Walker, Randy Moss, you know all those the Matthew Slater's, the Rob Niinkovich is, Devin mccorty's, James White, you know, to get to learn and be around those guys, you had no choice but to bring your a game every day because they always did. So it's it's pretty freaking cool. You know, you ask me coming out of Kent State, would I be a red jacket guy?
Speaker 2: Probably say no.
Speaker 3: First of all, congratulations, it's it's an honor to have been just a small part of you doing that and getting the seed doing that social as part of it.
Speaker 4: This is awesome. So congratulations, audience.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about this more on a more recent so this is go back watch dudes on dudes, we gotta do math.
Speaker 4: But there's a more in that later.
Speaker 3: You had an awesome point in the voice chat that we have about the Red jackets being like a British thing, and but Patriots fought the British.
Speaker 4: That's what I That's what I said one of the first things I said, and I told the group it's like, yeah, I'm you know, r KK just called me. I'm in the Hall of fame. But honestly, why are we getting red coats when we defeated the red coats as Patriots? Why don't we get blue coats? I guess it's not as cool everyone has, like that's like the standard blazer.
Speaker 2: It's it's a difference maker.
Speaker 4: What about like a metallic silver blazer?
Speaker 3: Oh, i'd be too going to put one, Yeah, that'd be too much.
Speaker 4: I get the red coat.
Speaker 6: The same goes with the jersey like the pat The Patriots throwback jerseys. Amazing, but they're right.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, you ever see that clip years ago?
Speaker 3: Some like mister Kraft is like in his like golf cart going through like a tailgate, and a fan goes up to him is like, why the hell is pat Patriots like the mascot? Why is his number zero? Like oh, it is serious, Like what should it be? It's like it should be number one? And then goes oh, okay. The next year he goes from zero to one. So maybe this is a moment you talk to mister craftin why is red.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say anything. It's an honor. It was just a random thought. It was in revolutionary war history mindset. It's my Roman Empire. But it's an absolute honor. So many people to think, you know, so many people part of it. That's a team thing to get there. My family, mom, dad, brother's sister, a little baby girl, Lily inspiration and all the people you know that were involved in help helping us prepare as athletes.
Speaker 2: Mary Anne and the meal lady.
Speaker 4: Girls that prepared our food and took care of us in the dining halls. To Murph and George, the two old guys that used to clean up our laundry that we used to all the time, almost like to you know, Jimmy Whalen and the medical staff, Josh Jim uh Jovan Allen and Grenado and uh all the doctors. So many surgeries, so many. The crazy thing is when you're a professional athlete, you become so close with these medical people because you know you're getting fixed up all the time. Doctor Theodore with my feet, Anderson with my knee. Uh asnas can't forget doctor Daddy. He came up shout out and said, you know, hey, let doctor Daddy take care of this. I'm like, what the fuck, it's a free game, bro. But uh, I like that Moses Harold, all the guys in the wait staff, Oh why sick When I was a young guy. Scottie O'Brien, love that guy. You know already's got a boat. He got a boat. You got a bunch of boats out Wisconsin. I love that you got a bunch of boats chatty o'sha. You know it was my position, coach. I even fears first guy worked me out scarnak Yo. I heard he stood on the table for me at a juncture of my career. But it's it's you know, it's it's pretty cool. How cool was it getting to call frankin and talk to it with with pops. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not really good at that stuff. I just called me Dad. I made them, you know, huh like I shot at eighty six, I made the hall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you lead with the most important news eighty six ninety fucking grinding Dad.
Speaker 2: I got some great news and I got some good news first.
Speaker 4: No, but uh, it would be fun. It'll be a fun day for my family. I don't know when we're doing all this stuff, but uh, my my daughter, it'll be cool to see. Like she's at an age now where sill. Yeah, I do think she understands how good we were as Patriots. She's too much in this La la land with lakers and rams and all this weird stuff, you know what I mean. She don't understand that we were the baddest organization. Sit down and watch the tail, you know, twenty years of excellence. Hell yeah, learn Chilen do something day whatever the inauguration or thing is about to do something in Boston.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: The fans man, you guys, you know it's it's it was a really cool place to get to play for. And I've said it before that you know the New England community, Boston, Providence, Uh, you know, the New Hampshire, the Vermonts, the Where's Where's bengor Main Maine Bank, you know, all the all the areas of New England. Did you get them all? Connecticut? Well, Connecticut after Connecticut because you get some weird Pats fans that are Yankees fans Giants. Yeah, and you get to Connecticut. But uh, trust him. You know it's I say it all the time, you guys, welcome to my family and I and and made us feel like we were part of your community. And now when I you know, when I fly back to Boston, I feel like I'm going home, you know, more than I do when I come here or my house that I live in. Now, you know, when I go back to my condo and in the back bay, yeah, baby, that's why I'm like, all right, I'm at home Field. That's home. It was there for so long, for twelve years, you know, not not specifically that place, but I was in Foxboro for four years, in Mansfield, and you know Plainville and North Attleborough. You know, all the relationships you've gained, you go up to marble Head up north, you know, you know the it's just, uh, it's really cool and honor to be with some of the great with the greats of the organization, which some could say the best organization. You earned it. Brother, you're going in with with Bill Parcells too. Oh Parcels, I haven't met. I met Parcels on a quick exchange I think at a at a camp practice. I would love to have it.
Speaker 2: I think he may have said.
Speaker 4: Something to me I don't remember, but he was known to do that. Yeah. No, like some kind of like Parcels ship, you know what I mean. Phil excited to get to have a conversation with him, and you know he's a he's a football legend and and you know, huge cornerstone of the league.
Speaker 2: I mean, you hear the trees.
Speaker 4: A lot of the Bill's trees comes from Parcels, you know. And then there was Bill Walsh and parcels. Those are the trees. It's crazy, you know, all go back to the trees. Maybe all go back to the trees. Should we do this?
Speaker 6: Today we're introducing a little something new to our post game segments in honor of Josh and his Buddy Games franchise, real life event. We're celebrating that in his love for the lake with a little thing we're calling starting five.
Speaker 2: Not just for basketball.
Speaker 6: We're making starting fives applicable to anything you can think of, and today that is going to be our starting five.
Speaker 4: Partners we would like for classic.
Speaker 6: Yard games, and we are pulling from a pool consisting of former games with names guests.
Speaker 4: So I'm playing lawn darts. Oh who am I picking? Oh, let's go. Let's go on the starting five because elite hand eye coordination for any kind of beer game, paddle game, catch game, joker, squarely table games. So Jack, this is like the best five of people. Yes, we have five plus a bonus.
Speaker 3: These events are inspired by Buddy Games, so think like camping, yard games, cookout games.
Speaker 6: Yes, and in quasi draft fashion, Kyler, Jules and myself will all pick someone to go in our starting five and tear all this from this from the pool of.
Speaker 4: Former former guests. Would you have to be your best corn hole partner? Partner player, you gotta go with the quarterback, right, Yes, I mean in the backyard. That's a great pick. Yes, he's about breaking fingers back there. And you know that guy likes to drink some wine and play some cornhole. Just get to touch a buzz on, so just easy, it gets better. Oh you know it all? Who a you going with? I think I'm gonna have to stay. Am I going with Drew?
Speaker 5: B Yeah?
Speaker 2: You got Drew?
Speaker 4: If yeah, if you didn't, I was gonna take him. You take Drew.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna done. Will get mad at me if I picked Drew.
Speaker 4: Well, Tom's not a guest. Oh so sorry Tommy, look out?
Speaker 2: Never mind?
Speaker 4: I didn't. I think he just did another podcast. Was he getting his nails done this time?
Speaker 5: Last time?
Speaker 6: He's getting a haircut, haircut, He's Louise acupuncture next week? What do you in the I'm gonna stay in the quarterback room.
Speaker 4: So where'd you go?
Speaker 6: Did you go?
Speaker 4: BUTTSA, No, I'm not. I don't know yet.
Speaker 2: This is for cornhole, for cornhall.
Speaker 6: I'm going Eli Manning. I think Eli down in the sec man. He played some cornhole on his day. He Dini had to drink a beer, chilled the cookout.
Speaker 5: You know, couple playing.
Speaker 4: That's a great pick against I got back what you got going, big shot, Bob Oh, that's where I was gonna go. I love that Albert or you know that joker can throw a cornhole and I don't miss, especially when you know it's it's a it's a nineteen eighteen game. We're going to twenty one. The jugger is gonna three pe.
Speaker 6: He doesn't, he doesn't missing the clutch. I'm going with you, but so I love it all right, spikeball, We are moving on to spike ball. A little more physical, a little more movement here. Still gotta be athletic.
Speaker 4: I know who I got laid on me. Gronk, Oh, hello, Gronk loves these types of games. Gronk could just body and like an investor on something.
Speaker 2: No, Gronk.
Speaker 4: Gronk was always really good at like all because we used to do a lot of this ship and or like after OTAs, where like we'd all sit there at one house on Pacin and fucking we'd just we weren't drinking or anything we'd we were so bored, we'd like make little activities and like I'm sure corn Oll was there all. I love that. Yeah, we do ship like that. Heck yeah is a monster at this body everyone great range, great hand eye coordination. I think I'm gonna stay in the vein of big bodied athletes. I'm going scale baby with hands. That would be a good matchup.
Speaker 2: It would be gronk like.
Speaker 4: A box him out. I would like to see that because Scalt is like six', ten, right big, dude he was big big when he came.
Speaker 2: In we see what.
Speaker 3: Scales, okay And i'm gonna go WITH i Think i'm Going Dannium mondola here.
Speaker 2: In a short area quickly When lee zig your.
Speaker 4: Zaga, YEAH i Think i'm gonna go zig zaga weakness.
Speaker 2: HERE i like.
Speaker 4: IT i like That.
Speaker 3: Ky, also by the, way my team has already got the best Vibes dola and bledsoe you fucking?
Speaker 4: Kidding this is. True some cool dudes, There badminton bad another fan.
Speaker 2: Favorite you may have your, load you.
Speaker 4: Guys you gotta have the hand eye, Here oh have some? Quickness who do we? Got who do we got for hand? Eye? OH I i know WHO i Got i'm still. Looking i'm taking. THIS i got. THIS i Got, Bears. BEARS i love That bears is insane at paddle. Sports he was one of the ringers in the locker room at ping. Pong, WOW i know who he's good at ping pong is great at. That he's probably and he's like in that. Culture it is like. Alternative it is in great, shape great. Shape i'm Going Pookinakol Battle. SPORTS i love That pukah is gonna be pretty good. TOO i bet he's, young he's gonna have so much energy and he's gonna be a great vibes guy also. Vibes i'm Drafting. Es, YEAH i like. THAT i Think i'm going With i'm thinking he grew up playing this back in the. Backyard i'm Going, Tom, Papa Baby.
Speaker 2: Tom you know he's a.
Speaker 4: Loaf of. Bread my daughter still talks about that bread that. Day that's our. Though.
Speaker 2: Croquete another exalastic yard game. HERE i Know i'm going with. This we're going going paint.
Speaker 4: Manning. OH i love him like darts out. There you know he's gonna be out there fucking giving hot.
Speaker 2: Routes oh my, guy, guy you.
Speaker 4: Go i'm just thinking about the.
Speaker 6: Fit when you're playing, croquette, man you gotta have your, khakis you gotta have your, tucking maybe a sweater over the.
Speaker 4: Shoulder i'm Going Ernie. Adams ernie out, there earned. OFF i bet You ernie's played a bunch of. Croquet oh it's your.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah it Is ernie and his maddress shirt out. Here ernie knows his way. Around, Okay i'm gonna go sticking ball sport. HERE i like, This So i'm thinking Not Jim craig because he's.
Speaker 3: Goalie, yes biz Or Sean. Avery now To Sean, avery he's kind of a vibes. Guy but is he gonna disrupt the locker?
Speaker 4: Room? Dude i'm going. BUSINESS i like bus nasty.
Speaker 2: Hair abe is the kind of guy that's on your.
Speaker 4: Team you love him to death and he's a great probably great vibes guy for the.
Speaker 2: Team BUT i don't.
Speaker 4: Know can you imagine a conversation Between Sean avery And Ernie? Adams shure? It, well what is this? One can? Jam this is the one where you throw the frisbee gotta go like into the little hole in the.
Speaker 6: Cans gouy named the spike ball of the new era of these.
Speaker 4: GAMES i know Who i'm going. With i'm gonna. Go i'm gonna go first, HERE i haven't got a. Minute Danny. DeVito, OH i love, it the Freaking DeVito. Legend great episode, two great episode Really and NOW i know you're not A gm that takes winning. Serious why he's your? Vibes you, know sounds like. Vibes, guys who's to have great vibes in the locker? Room who's going to be?
Speaker 5: Closer?
Speaker 4: Right he doesn't have to go up or? Down he figured out nice and. Straight you. Know i'm Taking david Or. Tz you know fact down in he's, from, uh The Dominican. Republic they love frisbee on that. Beach that's good. Play those dudes are so good with. FRISBEE i bet you he got trick frisbee. Ship there's a chance that he's never seen a frisbee in his. LIFE i guarantee he can frisbee the ship out of.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 6: Dude i'm struggling here BECAUSE i myself horrible frisbee, guy, horrible have no. INTEREST i accept being terrible at. It But i'm gonna go with a former football, player a guy that knows how to. Slang get get the guys to sling the. Rock Go josh, McDaniels Here.
Speaker 4: Daniels you, Know josh's got hidden he likes this, this, uh these family activity barbecue activities he does the former, quarterback he's probably doing. It, yeah time off in the cape with the. Kids you, know the advisor is a tactical advantage. Here it is he might not get into the hole with his the hit tip of his.
Speaker 2: Visor so this is the last ONE i know who.
Speaker 4: Exactly i'm going With. Glazer, yeah because she's not only gonna be have surgical. Hands if you listen to her stand, ups she talks about that kind of stuff all the. Time she got surgical, hands like steady, hands like an, operator like that a. Surgeon but also when the other people are, going she is gonna talk so much ship that it's gonna make you, nervous and he's gonna come up with the wit that make you fuckings just sweat in your. Pants rattled bro rattle. Too she can be have a she gonna have a speed on because you can be swimming on through your. HEAD i love it should be swimming through people's.
Speaker 6: Heads i'm going with a man that is unflappable THAT i think he can withstand any.
Speaker 4: La i'm going how he?
Speaker 5: Locked?
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry how he is?
Speaker 4: Unflappable pretty? GOOD i was gonna say him Or. Billy, oh you, KNOW i do have some insider info On. Howie oh she good at yard. Games he has a weakness for nicky laser. Jokes, no there was a, couple you, know we were we, had you, know a little a thing. Together didn't knock over a couple of things a couple of. Times i'm just, whoa he's, big. Lumpsy he's just, big that's. True got big hands he does those ARE i, mean he's those hands have been fighting for a long. Time he's an old.
Speaker 2: Boxer.
Speaker 4: Damn i'm.
Speaker 2: Rethinking but if anyone could do, it how he?
Speaker 4: Could he? COULD i know he'll be assessing the entire area Of oh he'll he'll eat. That he'll be able to take nicky glazers ship. Talk she might get intimidated by how he can just hope he has that steady. Touch she might think of him as a father, though because how he's got like dad. Vibes, yes a big time he's like she, Was she saying all kinds of crazy ship up to her dad in that road. Trip oh, yeah maybe dad's a. Champ, yeah maybe, THIS i don't. KNOW i THINK i Think nikki might get.
Speaker 3: Him So i'm Thinking lineman. Here Oh i'm thinking Like Matt. Light i'm thinking maybe Rich. Ornberger but you know, What i'm gonna go With Josh deamal's this.
Speaker 4: Stuff he's a buddy games the, Guy he's done these. Things he's a pro.
Speaker 6: sEH i wanted TO i really wanted to Ask, josh what's the gold medal standard cheese pizza of yard games that can settle any?
Speaker 3: Score so with Ale, ball like what you, know, horses, horseshoes corn? Horses should we should have? To that's all, me real jerkstore moment there for. Me, Okay so here's our. Teams jules Had Robert or for, Cornhole gronk for spike, Ball Bears nigerian for, Badminton Peyton manning for, Croquet David Or twishi can jam And Nikki glazer For Giant.
Speaker 4: JENGA i like that, Team, jack your.
Speaker 6: Team my team Is Eli manning for, Cornhole Brian scalabrini for spike, Ball Tom papa leading our badminton. Charge There Ernie adams for, Croquet josh McDaniels for kan jam and my six Man Giant.
Speaker 4: Jenga howie long.
Speaker 3: Are, man and my team Is Drew bledsoe for, Cornhole DANNY. A mondola for spike, Ball Puka nakua for badminton. Business you should And danny they should have switched switch that would be but you.
Speaker 4: Can't.
Speaker 3: SORRY i Got Danny DeVito for KanJam And Josh dummel for Giant. JENGA i don't want to like my team is the best, team no.
Speaker 4: Way yeah you have is That eli has never beat Led sell in. Cornhole other than, that you're, done bears just Taking puka And Tom. Peyton he'll fucking will his. Wag who's, Winning? Ernie? Can't? Ernie come? On who's? Winning that's actually earned My Who's? Eli all? Day?
Speaker 2: Bro eli's taking.
Speaker 4: That eli's taking. That, Okay i'll give you.
Speaker 2: That you guys are tripping so.
Speaker 4: Tall he's he's probably clinical with fucking doing the same thing over a, Shot, bob not big Toss. Bob look at. This he probably do.
Speaker 2: It he can do this in his.
Speaker 4: Sleep, honestly does whoa over? Gronk? YEAH i don't Know bro scowls in there throwing throwing the bows in the. Post, bro you, guys.
Speaker 3: Are there anyone more comfortable shirtless in the sand than Guys tan Than Tan scowny is AT sbf.
Speaker 4: Night you've Seen. Rob rob has The tannis Body i've ever seen. Nice he was on The. Mamas, okay. Badminton i'm gonna see bears. HERE i think even. Close you know he's he knows the fucking wrist, shot shuttle, cut. Croquette it's gonna be this is gonna be a good, GAME i Think, MANNING i think this is gonna be a good. Game is a. PEYTON i haven't wont to seen the one, Yet, okay.
Speaker 2: STICKING i like your your.
Speaker 4: Rationale you know what? PLAYED i Think ernie might have might might know how to play. Croquette he was varsity Croquet phillips andover can jam. SEE i think this IS i think you win This Jeels David, ORTIZ i don't Know Mickey d's is. Pretty and also who is playing Against Danny? DeVito ain't not gonna? Laugh this is, true right and.
Speaker 3: Concentrate, also he doesn't have to like bend over to like. Protect he just puts his arm out just right.
Speaker 4: THERE i just see him with glasses on that are going with little windshow wipers because.
Speaker 2: Swat what what is the lion?
Speaker 1: His?
Speaker 4: Uh his, Jersey mike's fucking yo night, bro two nut is your, Nut.
Speaker 2: BRO i Love, Danny he's the.
Speaker 4: Best Uh.
Speaker 2: Jenga that's.
Speaker 4: EASY i THINK i win this. ONE i do, LIKE.
Speaker 6: I don't love My howie pick, anymore no, offense HOW i still love. YOU i don't, know, man how he might intimidate them. BOTH i know you gotta have.
Speaker 4: That but then he has a charisma that we're like they feel like they're safe right, always and their arms will be too loose and it will make them. Clumsy NOW i like it. Better But Nicky, glazer you know she's Played, jenga oh for, sure but Giant. Jenga she's played Giant jenga with price and raunchy stuff on Those jenga. Things nicky's, tall, too SO i think she'll he's not vision of the whole. Board she's like five. Eleven she's taller than, me spiked t same. Height that sounds about. RIGHT i had in one quarter something like. That well that was, Fun, yeah that was.
Speaker 2: Fun that was fun and that was the chill.
Speaker 4: Zone thanks to our favorite beer cores Light It Coors light delivered straight to your. Door Visit Coors light dot, com SLASH g DOUBLE u and celebrate. RESPONSIBLY i was gonna do A Josh dumal du mail. MAIL i was gonna do A dumel.
Speaker 5: Like beer.
Speaker 4: Drink you gotta do it like a cowboy. Face you've got a good cowboy.
Speaker 3: Face but you gotta be on season two of that showy he. Said it is that if you're like the there's like one LIKE arc Episode. Arc if you're like the like the rodeo guy that comes into town and like ruffle some, Feathers, yeah start a couple of bar. Fights maybe hit on one of the girls.
Speaker 4: Over, There, Josh, yeah you like do your spit your dip right on his cowboy. Boot. Yeah place In, texas, yees supposedly the hill country Of. Texas Hill country In.
Speaker 2: Texas go hang Out danny for a.
Speaker 4: WHILE i like that.
Speaker 2: Method Act. Well what a game and thanks again To.
Speaker 4: Josh that's been another episode Of games With. Names subscribe On Apple, Podcasts, spotify wherever you listen to your. Podcasts comment a game you want us to do and remember rate and.
Speaker 2: Review leave us.
Speaker 4: Five star review On. Spotify while you're, There remember to follow games with names on, YouTube, instagram x, TikTok and. Snapchat leave a comment on the YouTube full. Episode we'll read the best ones on our future.
Speaker 2: Episodes leave a.
Speaker 4: Message on the hotline at four two four two nine to one two. Two those are always. Fun we're gonna see you guys next. Week games and names of production Of. iHeartRadio for more podcasts from my Heart, radio visit The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App Apple, podcasts or wherever you get your.
Speaker 4: Podcasts MM hm