Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 2: Do It?
Speaker 1: Rockapella, Hey with Cadino and Rich. This is over promised.
Speaker 2: We're on Fox Sports Radio Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East.
Speaker 1: It's all right, yeah, that's right, two to four on the West.
Speaker 2: Do it, Just do it? Coven owners everything at Covino own Rich at Fox Sports Radio, Steve Covino, former All Valley Champion. Who's training you? John Crease? No mercy, bro fear does not exist in this Tojo right here, that's Rich Davis, Dicky Love, Lady Davis got a sense of the miners.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: We have an action packed showgram for you today on our bonus pod. We have happy birthday wishes. We're gonna talk rock Paper Scissor. There's a story about last names and we got to talk man. There's a lot of story.
Speaker 1: About biting people in the new what's going on?
Speaker 2: Speaking of All Valley Champion, he's like eighty years old, Martin Cove sense a John Creese biting people? What's going on here?
Speaker 1: No mercy?
Speaker 2: Is it a playful bite? You know? The original cut wasn't supposed to be sweet. The leg I was supposed to be bite her ass, that his ass I'm sorry I chomped my CoA story. This is such a weird story. Honestly, the weirdest shit I've seen in a while. Now. The story goes that Martin Cove is doing a scene with Alicia Hannah Kim. Martin Cove is eighty and Alicia Hannah Kim. Alicia Hannah Kim is thirty seven, right, she's thirty seven years old, so they're colleagues. But he's getting playful. Keep in mind, he's a veteran actor, he's a veteran from the cast, he's part of the original Karate Kid. He's John Creese. But he's being playful, and there's generational differences of what's considered appropriate, and he sort of crosses the line and it makes big news. I think that what made it weird to me was how the video that leaked. He's just getting reprimanded and it feels weird. I'm not saying what he did was okay, feels writing people. He's an old guy, but it's like reprimanding an eighty year old. Like if I were John Crease, there were no charges, pursue charges, I'd like to understand why you did that. I'm really I apologize. I was just playing because we're very playful together, and I dicked down too hard and I meant to.
Speaker 1: Got a Mountain mark owner.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: No, we do not play like that. I listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying what he did was okay, but by the way she goes off on maybe deservingly. So hey, look, I'm a girl dad, all right, And if the old dude bit my daughter on the set, I don't know how happy I'd be about it. But context matter, and he was being playful. It's like when you're wrestling with your girlfriend and all of a sudden you like hit her with an elbow by accident, and all the funds over like AhR, or she hits you in the way wos and like fun times over. He took it a little too far. Look again, it's not his girlfriend, their colleagues, their equals, and boy did she let him know that. Yeah, and let me tell you, she really really gave it. It's not okay that he bit her, but there is a part of me that's like feels bad. Well, no that no charges were pressed. He's not in any trouble. He's eighty something, so at this point, if I were him, I'd be like, yeah, everyone just fuck off. I really would, because if he's saying if he believes he did it playfully, and she's sort of just going off like broke skin, I don't see that in a clip. What I do see is everybody coming down on the poor old guy. But the poor old guy did cross the line playfully, though, I think that kind of matters, right, And look, I just thought of something like when Billy Madison, Remember when Billy Madison is.
Speaker 1: The guy that's a good.
Speaker 2: Bite, that's a good one. So based on this story, I feel like maybe biting's making a comeback because rich, if you remember in the late nineteen years, it's been here for years, no, no, no, in the late nineteen hundreds, it had had a boom, it had a peak. Everyone's everyone's biting everyone because there's some stories, some famous stories we want to talk about. But any other thoughts in the world of Martin Cove like only because he's old and sometimes old people just don't know.
Speaker 1: And again, feel a little bad.
Speaker 2: I want to make it clear, not making excuses for this guy, but I do wonder if he thought he was being playful old guy and she listen, I didn't see any breaking of the skin in the pictures. I just saw like a tiny little bite mark. You know when your kid nibbles on your arm when they're a baby, and your look. You don't want to coast the line with colleagues not defending the guy. That's why I don't bite anyone in Fox Sports. I don't want to. I mean, that's breaking that risk. Doesn't want to, that's breaking the skin, That's what I mean. And like, I don't know, it's a weird story that sort of blew up, but hey, that series is over.
Speaker 1: He's eighty years he's old. He's old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's really mad about it. And it made us think about other stories involving biting. Now, in the world of sports, there's a ton of hockey and soccer stories and rugby stories where people are getting bitten all the time. People are biting fingers off the right and if there's a memorable one that you want to share, by all means, please do. But apparently Karate Yeah, yeah, exactly. But when it comes to mind is a very famous viral story that's sort of brought biting back in early two thousands, No doubt, I believe it's uh Charlie. Oh, it's a big time bitendary Charlie. Johnny's bit me, kid, Charlie, come on, he's asking for it. Ouch I get him, Ji Jolie.
Speaker 1: Really I love that kid.
Speaker 2: Little kids laughing, Charlie, bit me, Charlie, bit me. I don't know who he bet because we don't know that kid's name. But the funny part is they're both in their twenties. His name is Oliv.
Speaker 1: They are both grom All men.
Speaker 2: By the way, Charlie's now biting women's asses, probably he's probably yeah, yeah, thirty five, forty years old. Probably that's probably women that are like, wait your Charlie, Yeah, go ahead, what that mouth do? And by the way, that was a hugely popular clip. If you don't know that clip, were you alive in the early two things?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you miss all the early most favored at the dentist? What did you miss everything? And speaking of biting people in the asses, it makes us think of a very famous story from nineteen ninety seven. I told you biting had a boom in the late nineties. Nineteen ninety seven, Marv Albert Yes had all these charges against him for biting a former lover. Oh, is that a real mug shot? She said no.
Speaker 1: He said yes, I really think it is. And dude, his career at NBC.
Speaker 2: It's just, you know, everything was downhill after that, but there was a part of guys out there. He's like, he was biting her ass. Like what happened? In my mind, it was he was biting her ass, right, That's how I will always think. I was a college kid, so I immediately thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had to be biting her ass, right, Yes, yes, he was like ass. So Marv Albert biting his former lover.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure they did parodies on like SNL about Marv Albert biting and as a little chunk of that ass. And I look, I'm not trying to make light of it. We're just trying to say that it was memorable. No, no, no, we've already made light of Charlie, Marve Albert, and Martin Cove. Let's keep it going. Now. You're probably thinking one step ahead and you're like, well, the most famous story has to be No, it's not, because we're bringing it up right now. Tyson Evander Holyfield here with nineteen ninety seven, June twenty eighth, Holyfield, a wonderful man, beautiful man. But he kept head.
Speaker 1: Biting me, hand biten me.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: So we all remember watching this, what the hell happened? And he did it again.
Speaker 2: This was the rematch, mind you, And remember holy Field got the best of them the first time. Second time, Tyson says he's ready, he's prepared, but he kept head biting me. Ba holy if you have the wonderful man, the man of guy. But he kept he kept head biting. And then Tyson's getting so frustrated that he keeps getting hurt byted and he's trying to tell the ref is it Mills Lane at the time, I remember, But he's trying to tell hey, he's head But then he just takes matters into his own mouth, bites a chunk of his year off. And now there's Mike bites in the shape of holy Fields. I mean year. They are fantastic. They give you nice little buzz Mike bites Heyson two point zero. But listen, you would argue this is You would argue that this is the most famous bite of all time. However, we thought of one that is even more popular. This one was again late nineteen hundred and nineteen ninety eight and it was when that Sigon horror bit Chris Carley's nose off. I'm just look, there's Mitch on TV.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's Mitch.
Speaker 2: Remember this movie and there's the Sigon horror that by nose off.
Speaker 1: Remember poor guy had his nose bit off. Remember seven.
Speaker 2: The Filer Hortop and Norm McDonald's classic Dirty Work. Dirty Work was funny man underrated movie. But dude, Martin Cove, just let it sit and simmer. What he did was wrong.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 2: And the real victim here is his co.
Speaker 1: Star playing something good.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, rolling Stone Street Fighting man. Gee Stave, you just hit G eight if you like to come.
Speaker 1: Great character, great character.
Speaker 2: Again, his co star Kim from Cobra Kai, that's the character chosen's love interest on the show. She was not having it, you know, She's trying to be the consummate professional, like what are you doing? And if you haven't seen the clip of her really shitting all over Martin Cove, you gotta watch it. She put him in his place deservingly so. But when you think of eighty years old, that's like your grandpappy's age. You just feel bad for them at that point it's like they've overstayed there, welcome a little bit. They're trying to navigate today's landscape of what's okay and what's not. And he crossed the line. He apologized, but it kind of stinking. So you could share the rest of your stories at Covin and Rich at Fox Sports Radio, hashtag over promised, show wrapped. He's double kubra kai. So he's probably thinking like, oh man, all right, I buy everyone like he's done.
Speaker 1: But you're done.
Speaker 2: You're done.
Speaker 1: We're done.
Speaker 2: And now we're talking rock paper scissors or some people call it scissors paper rock. But let's make it clear some people there's controversy in this name. We're gonna talk about names, but it's rock paper scissors. Can I give you the origin real quick? Ye? Rock paper scissors started in China, apparently in the sixteen hundred's history boy hold on Wow, its way to that made its way to Japan and then twentieth century Europeans adapted rock paper scissors and then eventually made its way to the US of A in the nineteen thirties. But it made its way through the USA everywhere except for Union, New Jersey, which is where I'm from because I never played I knew of it, but we were like a twenty first finger is it? And shoot, we were like an.
Speaker 1: Eeny meeny miny moe, like neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Well, learn more about this on The Games That Built America was Yeah, you know, we didn't. We didn't do I mean, I knew of Rock paper Scissors as a kid, but anytime it was like, all right, who's the who's the idiot?
Speaker 1: Twenty first we would shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never did rock papers And by the way, when you do play Rock paper scissors, just for the record, it's boom boom boom present. It's not boom boom present. It's boom boom boom. Show your one. I want to play.
Speaker 1: That's the three. I thought it was rock paper scissors.
Speaker 2: Shoot. Yeah, that's why I'm saying it's boom boom boom. You saying rock paper scissors. Ready, rock paper scissors, shoom boom, won the hand. That's the three boom boom, boom boom. I just wanted I'm man see I didn't play Growing Up, Getting Your Head something. We've renaming the show to Rich and Covino. That's where this goes because it's all about the name. There was a bride and groom and everyone's saying, oh, this is the most adorable thing ever. Yeah, Scott and Cindy, you're getting married. The grooms last name is Pierce, the bride's last name is Hunter, and they're gonna do rock paper scissor at the wedding to see whose last name they go with. I'm sorry, when did this tradition stop? How about the grooms that this This clip went viral because of course you got half of the people saying, what about a tradition? What a traditions only seem to matter and last when they benefit the bride when it comes to the cares about. But there's a lot of people saying, what a whimp this guy is? Like play rock paper scissors for your last name? Beta, Then there's nothing about this guy rocks in my opinion. Then there's other people that are saying, like, how progressive and what an open minded guy. So it's a big debate on social media. If you haven't seen this clip. Uh, they are at the altar rock paper scissors to determine what family name they choose. Look at this round one, round one, rock paper scissors. Oh he's up one? Nothing right, and again they're not Eve been doing one two three shoot, They're doing a roun. They're doing one two shoot.
Speaker 1: Because I'm playing uh scissors paper rock?
Speaker 2: Oh how sweet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh boy?
Speaker 2: On one?
Speaker 1: Who's one for the bride?
Speaker 2: Hunter? Now, who gets the name? Best of three? D this guy? Right, it's such a beta.
Speaker 1: I'll explain.
Speaker 2: I have a thought hold on final round, get.
Speaker 1: Over here, fatality finish.
Speaker 2: He's done.
Speaker 1: For the rest of the marriage.
Speaker 2: So there they are the Hunter family. Now, the guy's last name was Pierce. Okay, cool name. If his name, let's say it was General Booty Qua Dingleberry, right, then I get it. Maybe you know, just because you love your wife, like all right, Like I don't want to be the Dingleberry family. I'm just happy your marriage and John talkboy, but kiss to keep it in the sports world, you know, if you have a terrible last name, I get it.
Speaker 1: And I am also all four.
Speaker 2: If you want to hyphenate your name, that's fine. Your legacy alive. Let's say you want to honor your father and you want to keep your last name for your.
Speaker 1: Dad or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's fine and andy. But what happened to the tradition of hey, it's the groom's name. That's just how it is. Sorry, Look, I know all cultures are different, but I believe in the groom has the name. Unless your name sucks, but hyphenating that's fine. I have no problems here. And the Frankie Gunberger right exactly. I can't it. But Pierce is. You know, it's a nice, strong name. So a lot of people talking about this on social media, and its split down the middle like a nice pair of but cheeks.
Speaker 1: It is really awes.
Speaker 2: The opinions are because no one wants to be real, but the stats prove otherwise. Seventy nine percent of women still take the groom's name, so because everyone dances around saying the right or wrong thing like oh yeah, it is kind of come on.
Speaker 1: Man, if his name.
Speaker 2: Sucked, I got it.
Speaker 1: But it didn't he sucks, so she got it.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 3: I would almost rather you just kept your own names than take the other person's name.
Speaker 2: I find you like, I have no even if that's what you want. I'm okay with that, I really am. But you're asking me now to change my name that I guess I'm pride in and I would say family pace for the wedding then yeah, like I don't care. Yeah, that tradition was okay, but taking my last name isn't. That's what I mean. There's something unfair about that. There are always exceptions, so I'm not being you know, I think the the compromises, Hey, you keep your own name, or you hyphenate or whatever. The idea of the guy taking her name, it's like, what are we doing now, dude? For example, just to make it clear, my girlfriend's dad has no sons, right if out of respect and to keep the fantasy like I want to keep my name, or I would have no issue with that at all. I see what I'm saying. But if she was then should have had a boy, then no. But if she if she was saying to me she should have had a boy, then I got to change my name.
Speaker 1: I really, yeah, I have a question of that. But why why?
Speaker 2: Up until this point was like, hey, should have had a boy? Like what Now all of a sudden, it's like, well he didn't ever go you didn't have a son. So but I'm just saying, I'm just saying to make it clear, that's how little of a problem I have with it. But to expect the guy to now change his name because you want a stupid game around. Get out of my face and stop with the it's adorable crap. That's corny A huge question as well. What name do the kids get now? Yeah, exactly name he is here just chopping down that family tree. Man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's all confusing now, all because her dad didn't have a boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, like I said, hyphenated whenever you want to do. But this is a little odd. I supposed to fit some long hyphenated name on a football jersey when your kid's a star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what I'm saying, all right, man, shake Gildas Alexander, you're a thought.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, hit us up at Fox Sports Radio. Good one spot a Covino and Red Pete hashtag over promised Rock Paper Scissors twenty one finger, let's go. I mean, you're usually the old school one. For some reason, for me, I just feel this to be like we just is tradition all overdone. Like, well, how does this sit with you? Because apparently it's the most adorable thing in the news right now. Yeah, the squirrel on water skis is the most adorable thing on the news. This is this is eye rolly. Well, this is adorable. Happy birthday to the Captain today, now, Captain, and I love the.
Speaker 1: Sagis Crunchberry's what captain?
Speaker 2: Captain Derek Cheeter bumble the captain, the captain of all sports because everybody respects the guy fifty one years old today, damn, and I have a thought on Derek Cheater because well to one have a plenty of thoughts.
Speaker 1: Also have a Derek Jeter poster on your wall.
Speaker 2: He's He's one of my heroes for sure because he did everything right. He created and perfected the blueprint on how to handle a stellar career, especially in New.
Speaker 1: York and had to handle several hot women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has the resume for sure. Now, Derek Jeter, I think his only flubb or misstep is saying Goose Frabba in the movie Anger Management.
Speaker 1: That was really bad acting.
Speaker 2: He's say. The only thing you can say about Derek Jeter is that he is not going to take it a joke during postgame coverage. A very good actor, he's not a good actor and he's not going to take it a joke with Big Puppy.
Speaker 3: You're the man, by the way, this clown better hurry up arms starting ice over.
Speaker 1: Chill Rocket, Who's Froba? Who's Froba?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who's Prop Clement's better actor? Who knew Clemens?
Speaker 2: Clemens? So that is only a misstep in my opinion, But I think yes, since people are always so quick to give the over rated, it's overrated. If you've seen his stats, like, I don't even know what you're talking about. Over three thousand hits, most ever for a Yankee, just a stellar career. He's got the rings. I think it's safe to say that after Tom Brady, after Tom Brady, Okay, he may have the best sports career of all time. I really believe that as far as winning, attitude, being a professional. Maybe not everything right, maybe not the best player respected, but when you put it in those terms, and I, as you know, do not like the Yankees, but the fact that he came up through the Yankees organization because the moment he was a rookie. Year later, they win the World Series. He three peats, he wins one later on three thousand hits. Last hit was like an RBI walk off like his he banged all those hot women in was a home run with an exclamation mark. He gave away gift bags to good looking women, he who slept with like all right, not best player ever, but no, not the best player ever. I'm not saying best player ever. But he may have had the most magical career in all sports history Tom Brady. I will say that he is second only to Brady as far as magical career in the last fifty plus magical, just the moments lived and the way he did it, in the fashion he performed. I tipped my red Yankees hat, my friend Thurst Yankees hat behind me to the Captain Derek Jeter, not Captain Crunch. And happy birthday fifty for it's a timestamp because we remember when he was a rookie of course back in ninety five ninety six, So happy birthday to him. And your thoughts, who else would you put on that list of just magical, stellar careers where it was almost perfect, like a like a like a fantasy. A great question, you're thoughts at Covino and RITUALLL see you back here tomorrow Fox Sports Radio. And I want to thank everybody that tuned in from Vegas that showed up for our convention.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, we appreciate it perfect.
Speaker 2: I have a good one, Ariba dereci baby, see you in the over promised Lang. Goodbye, da