Speaker 1: Ring ringing, We're underway.
Speaker 2: I think the shift is incredibly felt palatable. It's palatable. I am Olympics mode code dead. How do you feel?
Speaker 1: I feel really well. First of all, can I say the patriotism that is coursing through the veins of every red, buddet and blue thinking America. Brother, I have to say, it feels good. You know, I've been rocking some USA merch and you know it's it's a little precarious sometimes when doing not precarious.
Speaker 2: This is no, everybody, this is the national it's acceptable nationalism. And we get this every couple of years between the winter and Summer Games.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm loving I'm loving the red, white and blue right now. I'm proud of the girls. I mean, we'll get into all of it it, but we were able to watch together the women's team gymnastics and it was it was amazing. And actually I hadn't seen much of the you know, the preliminary events and the qualifying stuff, so I didn't know about a lot of the song choices and the florid routines, which I think is my favorite because I love dance.
Speaker 2: And you love a Beyonce Mega mix.
Speaker 1: I mean, the fact that the Beyonce Mega Mix really not only was it incredible performance, but also you can enjoy it as just the track. You can just play like her track in the club, in the actual club, and.
Speaker 2: People would be people would be doing a little front layout.
Speaker 1: Oh, they'd be responding. They'd be responding in a major way. They would do their own floor routine step out, backhand springs, step out. We need to get a book on that full twisting layout. I'm talking about Jordan Chiles's floratine to the Beyonce Megamix. Obviously, you know we saw some incredible floriatines such as Simone Biles flying to this guy.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about Okay, let's talk about Team USA women's team gymnastics. That was a thrilling two hours of television for.
Speaker 1: Me, basingly amazing, and also it was like I didn't think there was ever any doubt that they were gonna win, just because they're that good and they were sort of firmly in first pretty much the entire time. But it was just like knowing that she was headed towards becoming the most metaled gymnast of all time, like that was and also just her poise.
Speaker 2: Yes, but like they went in with such a compelling narrative and.
Speaker 1: Just to like.
Speaker 2: Undo quote unquote Tokyo for them, just and I think just for them the way they've spoken about it, like this was a very important moment for them as a team, and it was so beautiful and moving just to see them all like come together and like help each other to this gold with like a five point lead above five point eight oh two lead ahead of Italy that took silver, Braziltic bronze.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Italy was great. Italy, they were fantastic, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so interesting China really kind of like they they are a notoriously like that is one of China's big events. There's just gymnastics in general, and women's team is one of there was one of their like favored wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been like that my whole lifetime.
Speaker 2: And they're they're they I think yesterday something something happened. It's so interesting. I mean, like this is why we watch, this is why we follow. I have been loving my viewing experience. Multiview on Peacock is where it's at. You get four screens and you get to choose which one you watch. And they're all live. I'm really enjoying it. You can, of course watch them. I watch the games on iHeart, but I think there's just a million ways to consume.
Speaker 1: The games this year. And it feels like like the last time they were on Peacock exclusively was I guess with the Winter Olympics last time. And it feels like they've figured out a lot, Like it really feels like I don't know it is, it's not the user is something that's but it does feel like that, right, like you pop right on and you're in it.
Speaker 2: You're in it, and this is not we're not being paid to say this.
Speaker 1: No, we're not being paid to say this. We're being paid for other things. But yes, like they can't listen the Peacock. You know, if you listen to a Lost Culture Recess, you know we're a Peacock stand account. They actually won the Lost Culture Recess Cultural Award for Best stream Best Streamer. Peacock Presents the award for Best Streamer, and the winner was Peacock.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. We absolutely love Let's backtrack, Yeah, start with opening ceremony.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean the opening ceremonies were Here's I'm just going to start with this. They were long, they were long, They were very long, and I actually I watched the first about hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Yees left.
Speaker 1: I had to get a facial and I got a full massage and a facial. I went to the spot, got all that done, came back and still got Solli.
Speaker 2: It still got soli.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there was I mean that hooded guy whoever, not got whoever was under the hood. They had that torch the whole time. And that is a huge security oversight. Yep, to have the torch be stolen for four hours. I mean truly. Let me ask you a question. V for Vendetta. Remember remember all that Yes, was that France? No Guy Fox, not France? But was he was he not giving Guy Fox?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was giving Guy Fox.
Speaker 1: I think that that was very much a reference.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: I wanted that to be Celian very badly.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be Celine. I wanted it to be Charlotte Gainsburg. Yeah, daughter of Sarah Gainesburg, famous French icon.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 2: I really loved that mechanical horse. Look at that horse, Look at that horse, Look at that horse. And we did look at it, and we enjoyed it. No, but I loved I loved the sense of tension throughout. I mean, I thought it was great. We got some parkour, we got some we got a lot of parks, a lot of we got some challengers coded suggestion at m F m MMF or whatever. You know, however you want to order those letters. You know, A threesome situation going up, but they shut the door. That's what That's what I'm kind of like, Okay, everyone's all agog at the Dionyson last Supper situation, drag situation. I'm like, grow up. That's just like pretty colors and makeup and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all.
Speaker 2: It's just like I'm a little we should all be like having a cultural discussion about that threesome moment, because are we ready for that conversation if like, let's that came earlier in the program.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I feel like, you know, there was a dangerous, like sort of edge ceremony, and I love that, Like I loved it was like this moment where there was like literally it was like Marie Antoinette holding her own head like looking out the window while that punk rock music played and then blood rained in the sky, blood Fire. We're going for it. Kelly Clarkson was clutching her pearls.
Speaker 2: Will you know Kelly was loving and live thing for the different kinds of music because.
Speaker 1: She said repeatedly, oh, that's so cool. How there's so many types of music like, that's so cool, that's cool. Honestly, you need Kelly Clarkson to be a commentator on all of these things because she can remark on how cool something is better than anyone else.
Speaker 2: Trust me, Trust me, because that's what we're all doing at home as cool. All I'm saying is that's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. One note I have for another commentator, Snoop Dogg lovely man, lovely man, But watching him interview people with Hoda, he does not extend the mic out.
Speaker 2: And Hoda was picking up a lot of the slock.
Speaker 1: Hodo was really doing a lot of oh please, and there's no one more of a problem now is he?
Speaker 2: But I think I think he was enjoying. I think he was being Snoop.
Speaker 1: I think he was being snooped aka high as a kite. Yes, And his mic was He's you know, he's used to being on the mic. He's a performing artist. Hoda is usually delving into the thoughts and opinions and feelings of others so that she can broadcast them all over the world.
Speaker 2: So you know, Hoda was trying to get Simona on face time the whole, the whole. Damn.
Speaker 1: I did remember that when she was talking to her parents.
Speaker 2: But that was very sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good parents, great parents, good parents in the crowd like Jordan's mother and father loved watching Jordan's mother, like watch her do her events, like the sort of thing where you're half hiding and half screaming and jubilation. That is how watching gymnastics, says Live. My sister used to do it. It is And we were talking about this, like you're most nervous to watch the bars.
Speaker 2: I'm most nervous to watching even bars.
Speaker 1: See for me, it's the balance beam is vault is crazy? Actually, think about it is very quick. It is literally you sprinting towards a little trampoline, yes, so that you can make yourself a flying projectile and lay it on your feet. It's crazy, girl like. And also to not even consider how what it must feel like when you when you bang your wrists on that on that little platform.
Speaker 2: The bang of the wrists, the bang of the wrists. These girls have stronger risks than most gay guys.
Speaker 1: Truly, we would say that's a real culture, but we just can't.
Speaker 2: We just can't.
Speaker 1: You know, if you want to listen to last culture, resist, you can do that. But that's sort of where we'll get into things like that. But you no balance beam and you still see even the Olympic girls falling off the beam. It never gets effortless.
Speaker 2: Well, that makes you go and maybe human beings aren't supposed to do this, and that makes you that You then go, I mean, and that's why this is in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. It's a whole bunch of activities that human beings aren't really supposed to do or be able to do well, and it's people absolutely executing at a high level.
Speaker 2: Say that for you know. Beach volleyball. By the way, I cannot get over the beach volleyball set up in Paris right now. It is right in front of the Effel Tower and the Shannamar. It is a sight to behold. I'm loving the backdrops to Haiti looks gorgeous. The waves are scary. Colin just broke his toes somehow. He's in Tahiti reporting on he was reporting on the surfing events. Ah, he's been to the medic tent more more than the athletes have. Well, and that's just that's on him.
Speaker 1: Another thing. I'll have a conversation and we're going to circle back to this idea that human beings shouldn't be doing You should not be doing these, especially not mere mortals like Colin jos very mortal person.
Speaker 2: Oh, the most mortal person I know. But you know, human being should even shouldn't even get on a plane and fly to a different country.
Speaker 1: Oh, babe. I took a tiny plane on Cape Air to Province.
Speaker 2: Scare is what they call it. Cape Scare is more like because it's a scary time.
Speaker 1: It was up down and when you land, when you land in those tiny planes, it does feel like you're just popping out of the sky. But I digress.
Speaker 2: Speaking of plopping out of the sky, there was a downpour in the opening ceremonies, and yet it was still by the end. By the time we got to Selina, I go, well, the rain is just free production.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just going to motivate her. It's just the perfect stage picture.
Speaker 2: As said that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it just couldn't have been. I mean, I'm not let Well, we'll get back to Gaga. But now that we've said the word Selene. By the way, if you do come to Province down and you go to pop in Dutch sam a shop, you can get a sandwich called the Selene Dijon. Here's what it is on a full back at uh huh jean bau also known as ham cochon, also known as ghirkins, baby pickles, the most gorgeous fromage cheese, the butter.
Speaker 2: It is French, maybe French Canadian, you might even call it. I ate it just now. Yeah, I felt the spirit of Celine.
Speaker 1: I think that, especially nowadays, like feeling the spirit of Selene in the air as much as we are to then eat something named after her felt incredibly like patriotic is not the right word, because again, but it just it just feels international pride. I felt proud of her, and I knew that every person in the world was feeling the same sense of beaming pride for her. And I would just say that all those people you would love the Seline dijon, get to Province town makes like twenty a day.
Speaker 2: Let's talk quickly about Selene, this is someone who never broke strive.
Speaker 1: I will sing again.
Speaker 2: I will sing again.
Speaker 1: Oh, I will, I will. If I don't run, I'll walk. If I can run walk, I'll crawl.
Speaker 2: And not only did she sing, but she didn't even crawl. She stood there on the Eiffel Tower and like the balcony of the world. Shall we say giving Oh, that is one of the biggest, most important vocal performances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe ever. I mean just the narrative that she was likely never going to be.
Speaker 2: Able to do that, perish the thoughts.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I was nervous when they announced that it was happening because I'm like, I don't know too much about her condition. I've been very nervous to watch the documentary because I'm told it's very possible to watch. But when you really did, and Kelly was broken, she had broken down at the end. She was like when really she was like, if you really think about what she's been going through, this is absolutely insane. And she you know, Kelly was right. She called her like a vocal Olympian because the amount of training and care and patience it must have taken to even be able to go out there and like phonate properly and like confidently, never mind seeing this incredibly difficult, important song in a way that would suggest she never went through any of that. She sounded like herself.
Speaker 2: Herself on an international platform. Yeah, like the eyes that were on her, like every screen around the world. You have to not everyone, but I mean it's like it was a thing like Celine Deanna is seeing at the opening ceremonies for the Olympics and looked amazing, looked amazing, what a beautiful song.
Speaker 1: That moment of her, just like in like the break in the song where she gets a little bit of a moment to like recharge, just her looking out at really the world, and like what she must have been feeling in that moment. I said it I lost Culturrasis, but I'll give him credit again, Like Lewis Verttel. I was texting with him and he was like, you know, it had the feeling of that like Luke Erig like I'm the luckiest man on the face of the earth speech, but like with the added element of performance, which like heightens all the emotions. So it was like incredibly emotional and overwhelming, and I would imagine for everyone there that was there, because not all the athletes go, especially when it's freezing in cold and wet. But that must have been unbelievably motivating and inspiring for everyone there, because I mean, that is the spirit of the Olympics, that is that's why we do it.
Speaker 2: That's why we go to see the Olympics.
Speaker 1: That's why, if invited, we would.
Speaker 2: Have gone, and we weren't, and we weren't. Let's go back to Gaga. Now, Yes, a pre taped performance, which is gagging me. So my necessity, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I thought I was live. I thought it was live too, but I guess the rain we're now the veil.
Speaker 2: Has been lifted. Our lovely producers have told us we've had it confirmed. We've had it confirmed up for safety reasons. Of course. I was like, dah, it was pouring rain.
Speaker 1: O the thing about stairs in the rain, it's a terrible mix.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say. And the thing about heels and stairs and rain and.
Speaker 1: Feathers, No, it was all the elements were there for disaster. And Lady Gaga said, listen, I'm known by my stage name Lady Yaga, Right, I just feel like we got to keep these dancers safe man. You know, she was calling the shots team vibes. She was like, I'm sorry, guys, we'll use the rehearsal footage.
Speaker 2: I don't think I feel comfortable going out there.
Speaker 1: It's like a little Kamala, a little padma, locksmy, a little padma. Our favorite impression to do is.
Speaker 2: Ristians, my daughter Christians to be a pop star. It's true, It's true.
Speaker 1: We love you. Oh my god, NBC Universal Icon.
Speaker 2: She is there is something Olympian about Patma.
Speaker 1: Oh, without question. There Olympian taste buds, literally.
Speaker 2: Olympian taste buds. She has athletic taste beds. There is you know what a person does not have to be an athlete to have the Olympian sort of spirit in them. Yeah, I would say you have an Olympian spirit.
Speaker 1: Do you really think so?
Speaker 2: Oh my Matt, don't you get an Olympian spirit?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: You can run? What's your mile? What was it? What was the Miley ran in high school?
Speaker 1: Let me think about this because it's not always top of mind. It's not something that I say for thirty six four minutes, thirty six seconds, And can I just say I just want to say to my sister, we were on Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote this podcast, and Bowen looks at me and he goes, what was your mile again? For forty two? And I just want to say something, and this is I'm not upset with you.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Those six seconds when you're when when the mile time is that low, Oh, you fight for every second. You fight tooth and nail. Can this is this is the real truth. My best time for two years was forty and I finally was like, and it is impossible. I would I would run again and again and again. The mile competitors for forty two, for forty four, for forty one could never Every second is a fight. So when I hit four thirty six and got into those mid four thirties, I said, I know that I cannot go any faster. So the next time we're on a late night show promoting this podcast, probably not just no, don't you have to give me those six seconds? I thought hard for those between four forty two and four thirty Oh, so thought hard.
Speaker 2: And can I just say thank god I overshot it on my television because then I kind of set you up to look good so that you could go.
Speaker 1: And actually actually it was a little bit more than that. That was.
Speaker 2: That I mean, and I hope you understand this to be true. That is a life defining moment for you that much. And let's actually, let's actually because it's a bit on the show that every episode we mentioned Matt smile that is Olympian. That makes you an Olympian, Olympian in spirit.
Speaker 1: It's actually about a minute too slow to be Olympian. But I want to say, that's ridiculous. These people are crazy. I'm so excited for the track.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: I'm I shouk care deep on looking forward to shook carry. And also it's kind of nice that they give you like well, obviously I don't know if they did this, but like we got some owan and we will continue to get salon because of the individual stuff, but like to know that all that is still coming. I mean, every every sport and every real genre of the Summer Olympics has their own phenomenon. Right.
Speaker 2: We should also mention, of course, with the women's team gymnastics, when it officially makes themon Biles the most decorated American gymnast. Shannon Miller was watching from the Team USA house. I think she was just cheering everybody on Yea, So our little drama that we were writing for both of them didn't come to pass.
Speaker 1: Just let it go everyone. They're supporting each other, and she had so much support in the stance. We saw Serena Williams out there, Natalie Portman, Natalie Portman, we saw Michael Phelps and top knot not. I really have questions about his aesthetic choice as of late, but also, you know what.
Speaker 2: The man can do what he wants.
Speaker 1: Let him go watch Simone with the stop knot period. We're back. We're two guys talking about the five rings. You hear about COVID at the games.
Speaker 2: Heard there's been a couple cases of the VID.
Speaker 1: Two US swimmers and multiple piers from other countries have tested positive for COVID nineteen at the twenty twenty four Olympics in recent days. That's in the water, I know. At the first supposedly post COVID Games, supposedly the athletes are not required to withdraw from competition. The virus is being treated more in line with other respiratory viruses, So officially we're sort of saying, hey girl, no big deal. Like a lot of you gaze over COVID.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, we were never gonna be on the other side of this viparis.
Speaker 1: No, they moved. They moved the US swimmers out of the village. I guess they went. They moved to a hotel, so they can't enjoy all those condoms.
Speaker 2: That are we'll enjoy the actual real beds. I guess right exactly.
Speaker 1: Although you know what would be kind of a great story if those two US swimmers with.
Speaker 2: COVID quarantine together had a love connection. Maybe that's how they got it.
Speaker 1: Used between ten and twelve condoms themselves, because if you're not going to be competing, you might as well just I don't know who they are. I'm sure they're keeping those identities, so we ye, but we can, of course hope in privacy and in fantasy that they hook up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do they have hip in France? They should. Caleb dressel one is eighth gold medal in Paris for that one freestyle relay. Freestyle is that's you can. You got to choose your an adventure. You really do the freestyle life throughout life. Now, sad news about Coco Cocoa goff tell me you know, unfortunately it's a loss. It's a loss for Coco. She was knocked out.
Speaker 1: She of course, Coco is a cocoa goff, a twenty eight year old American who was seated number two at the Olympics in singles tennis. You know, it's it doesn't always go. Here's the thing about these people that we watch going into the games and we put up on these pedestals. It's like, literally what we hope to literally put them on a pedestal. Sometimes it doesn't go so good. And like that's the thing that's the pressure. And we said this in the first couple episodes. I was like, take the pressure off, look the other way, Yeah, because not everyone is going to show up like Simone Biles and be stone cold, just another day at work. Sure, that was what blew me away about Simone in particular. It looked like it wasn't a big deal. It looked like she was just doing it at practice.
Speaker 2: But then what's not normal is like the hordes of photographers like just tracking every single moment of that. And like I think Laurie was saying the icon Laurie Yeah, was like this is something that like we probably didn't see, we haven't seen since like Michael Phelps in in Rio, like this kind of attention is like very specific to certain athletes, and Simone is handling this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mean she was just it was made it even more fun to see their burst of joy oh at the end when they knew that it was going to happen. But you notice Simone didn't even break a smile after. Well she did because that's what you do, and you do your dismount right, but like there was still some focus afterwards. She needed like a very low score in order to secure the gold medal victory, but like they really didn't until it was official official, like really let it all go. And they were unflappable the entire time. And I wonder what it is that they do to develop that sort of unbotheredness.
Speaker 2: But Laurie Hernandez was even saying, like, it's not the moments of doing the thing that are nerve wracking, which obviously it is, but it's like, what's the most the most nerve wracking moment for any gymnast And I think we you and I relate to this because we're podcast podcasters. Is it's the moment before. It's the moment before where it's all that self doubt creeps in and like that's what they are battling. Like you saw it on Jordan, you sawn on sooner, you saw it on Simone even, And I think they have to just keep that level of focus and resolve consistent for those for that entire event or and the lead up to it. Like I can't imagine the process, but it's that moment, that window before you actually literally jump off and do the thing, Yeah, that it gets to you.
Speaker 1: There was like, you know, Sonny was having some trouble in her in her practice attempts at the bars, and I think when I compared her demeanor prior to her event to Jordan and Simo, and I was like, she looks a little way more nervous, like you could read it on her face a little bit more. And then to see her overcome that as well was to put it mildly.
Speaker 2: Phew, few to put it mildly.
Speaker 1: But the girls were amazing. They absolutely earned that gold medal. Yes, and they were already you see them, they were all they were ready with their tiktoks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh well they were all like I want to do this so cute. Okay, Yeah, I highly encourage everyone. I'm sure everyone already is watching, but I want to encourage my sister. As I looked into your eyes, I think we should really have fun with this Olympics. I'm really enjoying all of the events. This is such a great tasting menu of sports. I'm loving shooting, I am loving volleyball. I got really into the basketball games. The men's Canada versus Grace was a very nail bier. It was a very much a nail biter of a game. Loved that. Cannot wait for more swimming, diving.
Speaker 1: Yep, congrats to Tom Daily. Yes, lovely silver medalist this year, and.
Speaker 2: Just what a thrilling time. I'm so happy. I'm so happy it is underway. Now, it's our underway.
Speaker 1: We're underway, and I think we have a gold, silver, and bronze to give out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, so honestly, I do think that if I'm to if I'm to like throw this out there, the gold medal has to go to the gold medalists, the US women's all around team. Although you know what, should we just give our gold medal to Sliney.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say we should give our gold Yes, sorry, someone and the girls.
Speaker 1: You did it, you got it. But you're you guys are getting the silver. Sleen Deon, you are earning the gold medal, and they should give her one. Absolutely, Why can't they just give her a gold medal.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give bronze to I'll give bronze to Gaga.
Speaker 1: So so we're gonna say Selindian wins the gold medal the women's women's women's all around when women should we should out of.
Speaker 2: The running because they just want a medal?
Speaker 1: Who which then, do you want to give to Parkour Icon? I'm gon Books, but not.
Speaker 2: I want to give it to guy Fox but not or I feel for Cocoa.
Speaker 1: Kelly Clarkson could win the silver medal, could win for saying how cool Chicago win. Bronze went Brons because she kept everyone safe out there, and that's part of being a and a leader period. By the way, I'm literally thinking to myself now, if they made breaking an Olympic sport, why isn't singing an Olympic sport? Because it's physical, it can be judged in the summer, technical meriage, you can do it outside, you can do it in the summer. In fact, it's atually better to do it outside because of the humidity in the air. It'll make you even better. And also it takes like athletic. I mean, if you're like Celene Dion, I'm just saying, like, if we're really broadening this, yeah, if breaking is an Olympic sport, and I love that it is, why isn't belting a tune.
Speaker 2: Same kind of breath awareness as swimming in a way, literally same kind. And I just want to say, can we just point out, because this is our first episode recording after the opening ceremony, that opening ceremony was and people have pointed this out. I don't mean to be sollipsistic about this, and I don't mean to make this about us. That was an opening ceremony for us. Yep, you had your girl Kelly, my girl Gaga, and the world's girl Selene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also you know what your girl is Kelly too and my girl's Gaga too.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: We all this is that was culture. That was culture, culture being shrilled to and fro.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a fab opening ceremony. They really it was France in every facet for Turner tay a galatee. Oh yeah, and I think it was a little controversial. We love that little edge, yea. And my only note is I like a stadium, and I said this a last college. I like a stadium.
Speaker 1: I think the Seen was slowing things down. The processional nature of it is. I love that they took advantage of this, of the landscape, the city scape of the host city. I just think everybody, you know, a stadium is tough, it's a big foot print, and it's a bunch of but I just think like the locals were not very pleased at the way that them crossing the river was interrupted. Also not for nothing. But if you're one of the athletes, I hope you like boats. I hope you like the Hope you like boats because there's no other way this is going down.
Speaker 2: Hope you like your drama, mean yeah, because you want to lose your cookies right before you go and dive off a springboard. I hope not.
Speaker 1: So maybe that so that, honestly, the decision to have them come down to Seen good in theory, odd in practice, you're not meddling, and it was raining. Let's sue a metal count. So this is as of this taping, Great Britain is in third place overall. With seventeen total medals. France is in second place overall with twenty two medals, and the United States of America currently as the most medals with twenty eight. This all being said, China currently has the most gold medals with eight and they have fourth overall with sixteen. So it really depends on how you quantify what.
Speaker 2: The value system is, but what the weight is. But we're still very early in the games. It's just beginning. How exciting, how thrilling.
Speaker 1: It's just beginning, How exciting, how thrilling and more. Listen if you're loving two guys five rings, follow the show on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, or your favorite podcast platform and watch and listen to every moment of the twenty twenty four paras Olympic Games now through August eleventh on NBC and Peacock Why did I say it like that? Piahock? Yeah, and Peacock and for the first time ever on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Okay and Wow, what a thrilling first episode underway officially and I guess there's something to do. But close out with the sound.
Speaker 1: Doom Do Do Do Do Do Do? Wearing good voice today Bo
Speaker 2: We picked a good key