Speaker 1: That's another one of my favorite songs. Fy that flow right a track I played a few minutes ago, and what it is leg listen, fire hydrants, leg lifts and fire hydrants. Does Robbie do those? Did Michael? Do they do these stuff for their glutes? Yes, I'm not.
Speaker 2: In his what Michael does though, I don't watch Michael workout really well.
Speaker 3: Were we go to classes together. Rob and I go to classes together, and I'll actually use a bigger weight for my like donkey kicks and leglifts than he does.
Speaker 1: He goes very you're very excited about it. I can tell five work in your face.
Speaker 3: He goes like double the weights of mine with arms, but I am heavier on the I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: Michael posts his workouts all the time. I watch them on Tuesdays. I think that's we have.
Speaker 2: So we have like a little gym in our garage and there's a ring camera in there, and sometimes I watch. I do watch his workouts on the camera, but it's more arms. Usually. Yeah, when I'm fine, I'm a hustler.
Speaker 1: Bit, let's get to it. Hometown hustler time.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: This is I just love this segment celebrating people here in different cities and communities that follow up passion, that are doing something that they love and actually can make a living by doing it. So we're gonna meet Anthony and a Deal from Able Coffee Roasters. Listen to this. They're working with special needs kids and communities. They've been doing for ten years and they saw there was a need for employment opportunities for people with disabilities, and so they came up with a concept that helps solve that problem. A Deal and Anthony, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 4: Hey, Good morning, good, how are you.
Speaker 1: We're excited to meet both of you because I just I think this concept is so cool. First of all, you've got organic coffee, which I find hard to find good organic coffee. I think that's it for me.
Speaker 4: It's difficult, definitely, definitely, yeah, yeah, yeah, But.
Speaker 1: You're doing something really great. What made you decide to open up this coffee shop and create a safe space for people with disabilities to work?
Speaker 5: Well, I think I could answer that. I know A Deal can too. But my name's Anthony Palmery and I'm one of the founders of Able Coffee Roasters and my background up until last year, I was a high school special at teacher, in Irvine Unified School District in Orange County, which I absolutely loved, and A Deal worked in my classroom with me, and we just saw there was such a lack of job opportunities for our students after they left us because A Deal and I taught high school and we taught individuals on the moderate to severe spectrum, and we had them volunteering and turning as part of their school day at you know, different job sites like Albertson's, like a grocery store or a mort pizza Lovely, they're so accommodying it another great business and we just saw, like we started thinking, We're like, well, you know what, it would be great to create that opportunity for them ourselves, especially since we heard from their parents after they left from us that you know, they were struggling finding jobs and you know, just opportunities for their students. And we still see that now, you know, as as employers, you know, as we have two coffee shops.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm just curious to know how what are the customers respond with how do they feel because you've got this coffee shop, You've got these these folks with you know, disabilities working in there with a happiness to them, I'm sure as they give people what they love every day, which is great coffee, what's the reaction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you know when we get our customers coming in, we have our regulars and you know, you could kind of just tee like their their excitement they come in specifically for you know, certain baristas and certain cashiers is that you know they've developed day to day relationships. You know, coffee is a big culture no matter where you are, especially especially coffee. You know, we row small batch, single origin beings from a lot of different farms that we source from, you know, in different countries like Columbia, Guatemala, Ethiopia, and so those customers, you know, they truly feel we're all about inclusions, and you know that's that's what they really feel when they're there. They come in with their families or friends. Some of our locations are in like a housing you know, like an apartment building, so we have a lot of local residents that come down. Another one of our locations is right across Calculate Sports and University, so we have a lot of students, staff and admin and you know they're just they're excited, obviously, like you said, to get coffee their day to day you know, drink and fuel to get them through the day. But then obviously just seeing more staff, you know, the ones that are working, the kind of registers greeting them, practicing those social skills and just kind of like a safe environment for them to be. That's awesome. That's been amazing to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's awesome. If you're just tuning into this, this is hometown hustler, and you can look at what they're doing Hunting to Meet and Fullerton Anthony and a deal it's at abl e Able Coffee Roasters on Instagram. But creating these employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities and really a more inclusive society, that's what you're working towards.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Of course, I will also say your.
Speaker 1: Description of the coffee has made me want my really popular items. Well, listen, gentlemen, thank you very much for coming on. Thanks for doing this. This is one of my favorite segments. Meeting you real pleasure and continue on your on your path of the mission Hunting to Meet and Fullerton Able Coffee Roasters. Take good care, guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks again, thank you, thank you for having us.
Speaker 1: Of course, bye bye, thank you. That's a very very great idea. It's a very good idea and you know, coming from special at teaching them to opening this up to give them a place yeah to work. I just love that. If you want to nominate yourself for another local business that's going after something that they love, doing some really cool stuff, we're here. I love it. It's a great segment. Kissifm dot com slash Hustler back with Dojikat tickets