Speaker 1: Wam.
Speaker 2: What's up? Is way up at Angela yee. I'm Angela yee. And Mano is here. And Meno has been complaining and saying that he is battling OBCD every day now. And so what I did was I took the liberty to invite a very special friend, doctor Ramik Hunt.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up with doctor Hunt?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm good. How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Thank you.
Speaker 2: You are an obesity medicine specialist and you're an author, no guess work right, and that is a weight loss program. But you also have you founded an obcit clinic?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And in printing about ten years ago when I had a patient who was battling obesity, and I really couldn't help her because we don't really learn a lot about OBCD in medical school, and so the only knowledge we get in medical school is forwards, eat less.
Speaker 1: Move more, That's it.
Speaker 4: And so that's what I told her, and that was that wasn't helpful, of course, But when she came back in one day, she had gained some more weight. She was really really trying. And I talk about this in a book. I asked a question. I was like you know, are your children obese? And I wasn't trying to be like, you know, offensive of anything like that. And I hope the way I said it didn't she didn't feel that way, but she started to cry and when she left, like her whole life changed. Like long story short, about a year later, she came in one hundred pounds less and she thanked me for it, and I was like, I ain't really do nothing, you know, but it made me want to go out and learn more. And so I just google like obesity doctors like because it wasn't anything like that out there. And then the organization I'm a part of, the Obesity Medicine Association. I went to that conference and then I got I trained, got board certified, and started started to practice.
Speaker 2: I love that because right now that's a hot topic right and as of late, we see a lot of celebrities and now that's trickled down people using these weight loss drugs that have been causing them to drop crazy amounts of way. We've heard of ozempic and with Govy and so I really wanted to bring you on here just to talk about so much that's been happening, mano, Like I said, every day comes in here and complains.
Speaker 3: And then I'm guilty of like buying pizza and stuff like that with the battle on them faced with and then you know, cheese. It's in the corner every single day.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted there's so many different things I want to talk about with you, because you talk about resetting, what your weight is, you talk about Grellin, and I remember we had a great conversation about that.
Speaker 3: I pay attention, No you do.
Speaker 4: I mean, last time mob was up, there was a battle. But but I think me and May are gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. Yeah, So what is the cause of obesity? Because some people think, like you said, it's just that you're eating too much and you're not exercising, because people will look at you, just like Lizzo right. For instance, Lizzo works out all the time, she's a healthy diet, she's a vegetarian. But people always are like, oh, she's not doing anything, and they criticize her and they body shame her all the time. So can you talk about what is the reason why some people can appear to be OBEs?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I actually take care of a lot of celebrities too, And one of the things I tell anybody who I take care of is that obesity is a disease just like any other disease, like high blood pressure or diabetes, and our bodies have set points. Like, for instance, you have a set point for your PhD seven point four h. If you deviate from that set point, your body brings you back. You don't have to will power your way back to seven point four. Oh, your temperature is set at ninety eight point six. If you deviate, if you go up, you're gonna sweat. If you go down, you're gonna shiver. Those are set points. Your body has a set point for your weight as well. It's like think of it as a thermostat. So if your thermostat is set at eighty and then your temperature goes down, the furnace kicks in and then it brings it back to eighty, and the furnace shuts off. If the temperature goes up, the ac cuts turns on and it goes brings you back to eighty and it shuts off. Has the same mechanism, but it does it with hormones. One of the hormones is called grellin. I call it in my book the hunger grimlin. So Grellin activates your craving center in your brain. And then there are these other satiating hormones in your gut, which is actually the Olympics and the will govies of the world. They pharmaceutical companies were able to manufacture it, and so those it's seven of them. So these seven hormones fight against this one big bag grelling. And so the way your body works is if you lose weight, your body wants you to get back to your set point weight. Let's say it's two fifty, so you two hundred. It's gonna get you back there. So how it does like it can't make you grab a big mac. But what your body can do is increase your grelling tenfold and reduce your satiating hormones, the one that makes you feel satisfied and full to zero, so you never quite feel sensitari and you always like I just want something. And so that's why I say this is not a willlpower disease. It is not the person's fault. It has to do with hormoes, the grimlin. It's the criminal. And sure everybody has some you know, steak in the game. Obviously you got to put in the work. But like we do rat studies, Well, we stick a catheter in the rat's brain and we infuse grelin or the grimlin and they eat e e eat until they vomit. Same rat, you stick a catheter in their brain and you block grelling. They stare at the food and they at the until they starved at that because like, this is the one powerful these hormones are. So when people say, oh, it's just will power, you just will power is an emotion. It is like love hate. It is so you could you could get up on the wrong side of the bed and not have willpower that there. So that is not a good strategy for the city.
Speaker 3: And so how can you how can yeah, how can you reset your set point? Then? Because I feel like the set point changes too.
Speaker 2: You know, when you're younger, you're like, okay, I was one twenty and a few years later one thirty, then a few years later one thirty five, and your set point keeps on changing.
Speaker 3: How can you reset that?
Speaker 4: Or can you that's a good that's a very good question that we and specialists in obcit space fight over all the time. I'm in the camp that you can reset your set point, but it takes many, many years. So the set point has to do with a lot of inflammation in your brain in this area called the hypothalamus and a smaller area called the arcuate nucleus, and that area gets inflamed and that changes your set point.
Speaker 1: And a lot of things change your set point. The types of.
Speaker 4: Food that we particularly carbohydrates, and so when people say things like, oh, I'm eating bright, they might be like, they have this if you have a Soto's commercials back in the day.
Speaker 1: They don't put them on the air anymore.
Speaker 4: But when they had kids that were starving, so you had the one set of kids that were really, really skinny, and then you can see their ribs, right, that's one set that's called Those kids are called morassmus kids, that's the medical term for it. But then the other kids were skinny in their arms and legs, and then they had.
Speaker 1: A big old belly.
Speaker 4: Those kids ate enough calories, but they were poor, so they couldn't eat or get protein like meat basically, so they would only eat grains. I eat carbs, and so their belly is not just fluid, it's actually fat. But then you got to be like, well, then how they have energy for their bodies. Well, their body had to take the energy from their muscle, which is why their arms and legs are skinny. So what's a science to this? So if you eat a lot of carbohydrates, you will gain weight and so so part of what we do is we tell people to limit their carbohydrates and learn how to navigate in this low carb world, I mean this high carb worold we live in a high carbor We definitely could.
Speaker 2: I'd be having them carb craving, not as like bread though away from bread, yes, it's hard. It doesn't matter what hype of bread to eat though, because I'm always like, Okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Get some ezekiel bread or something. Well, so wheat.
Speaker 4: That's funny about wheat because like the government allows you to say it's wheat if you just sprinkle a little wheat on it, if it's a little around, so it doesn't have to be like.
Speaker 3: Whole week.
Speaker 4: The one hundred is one hundred percent of the things that they dropped in the flower that was yeah, exactly, if you if you got a bread that's full of fiber, because that's what that's what wheat is basically, right, it's a car, but it's a fiber. A fiber is harder to break down. In fact, some fiber doesn't get broke down. It just comes out in your stool. But if you were to eat like a real, like straight up fiber bread, it would it would taste like cardboard.
Speaker 1: Now to mind you, we do. They do sell them, and some of them are okay.
Speaker 3: And they do taste like carb.
Speaker 2: You put a lot of butter on it, you'll be okay. And I also so now maynokep On saying that he's battling obese.
Speaker 5: I'm clinically. When you look at me, I'm clinically.
Speaker 2: And and I want to discuss that because they just said the American Metal Association has adapted a new policy on healthy weight assessment because they did say that the bar for what they're saying is obese is racist in the way that it was. So can you touch on that a little bit because this report just came out. As far as I'm considering other factors including body composition, belly fat, and waste circumference.
Speaker 4: Yes, shout out to doctor Fatima Cody Stanford. Doctor Stanford is in Harvard and she's an African American female, and she has been a champion of that for a long long time and she's a good friend of mine, and so she has done studies to show that different be and mys for different different ethnicities have different risk factors for diabetes and high blood pressure. So, for instance, Asian population, we use it being my thirty for obesit in America, but Asian would start to what we consider obese at lower like twenty seven would be their OBC.
Speaker 1: And so in African American men and women are different.
Speaker 4: So the push is to be more specific and not one size fit all for the being my because of being my, it's just your height and your weight.
Speaker 1: And then that's it. What if you're a football player, you all muscle, right, you're not obese.
Speaker 3: You don or you might not be obese.
Speaker 5: I'm not a football player, but.
Speaker 2: You can't look at somebody and say this person is obese.
Speaker 5: Right, because I've been to adoptors and then they get you on the scale, right, and then they check and see how told you all and say, well, at this height, this is what feet you should be one and it.
Speaker 2: Be ridiculous, every ridiculous, like this.
Speaker 5: Is what they say, and I'm like, well, I'm one ninety five obese.
Speaker 1: So it's not right.
Speaker 4: It's not right, it's it's the problem with the B in my is that it is a very cost effective or cheap way to be able to identify somebody who has obesity.
Speaker 1: But it's it's not personally.
Speaker 3: It's not a one size fits it's not.
Speaker 4: A one size Because what I would do if you came to me, man, I would put you on this body composition machine, this BIA which you stand on.
Speaker 1: It's like a star Trek scale look like.
Speaker 4: And so you stand on it and these electricity comes through your body, very small current. And the way we tell your fat, water and muscle is the speed at which that electricity goes through your body. And then I could calculate that Let's say your muscle mass weighs seventy pounds, your fat mass weighs ninety pounds, and so I use that and I do that for patients every two to three months so that we can see if they're losing fat, muscle both. And that allows me to be able to give them a specific prescription for themselves and say, hey, you need to eat thirty grams more of protein. And then you know, we do segmental what we call BIA's the body composition, so I'll know how much muscle you got in the left rom.
Speaker 1: Versus the right, your left leg versus your right.
Speaker 4: So we put people on the machine, and I'm able so the tools that I have, I'm able to do more tailored, tailored treatments. But everybody can't do that because my machine costs with teen thousand dollars, so everybody, every doctor can't put one another.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Jersey.
Speaker 1: Machine.
Speaker 5: I'm coming for the Star Trek electricity.
Speaker 3: And I want to ask you this.
Speaker 2: So as far as medication, now, let's talk about this crazy that's.
Speaker 3: Been going on.
Speaker 2: Because originally ozimpic was for type two diabetes. Correct correct, right, And so now a lot of people have been using that to drop the weight like this, How safe is that? And because I've been hearing a lot of different things, if you stop using it, the weight comes back. It's expensive, and it's something that you have to continue to be on and if you get off of it, you know, then it loses everything that's happened to you. I've heard instances where people have said it's caused them to lose their vision and things like that because there are side effects that can come with that, and I know people who have used it and have had to stop for whatever reason. And then some people are saying, well, people can't get their diabetes medication because people are using.
Speaker 3: This just for weight loss.
Speaker 2: How safe is it to use something like ozempic and is it a long term solution or what is it?
Speaker 4: That's so, you gave me a bunch, but I'm gonna try to be brief, even though I'm not a brief person, but anyway, I'm gonna be brief. So before ozempic, there was BY eight of which is like fifteen twenty years old, so it's the same class or drugs. I've been using ozmpic for years before any celebrity knew about it, because we know the mechanism is one of those satiating hormones that I was talking to you about. So let's get back to what it's used for. It's used for diabetes type two diabetes, but it's also used with used for obesity. The generic name of it is semaglatide, but the FDA made us change the name. If we are using it for diabetes, we got to call it ozimpic. If we're using it for obesity. We got to call it we goovi, so it's very clear as to what.
Speaker 3: But it's the same thing, the exact same drugs. That's crazy. Idn't know it was the same thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, exact same drug. We put it in different pins.
Speaker 4: The Goovi pin looks different than the ozempic pin, but that's intentional. So it's exact same medication. So when people say they can't get it and they use it for their type, their diabetes, and people are using it for obesity, again, that means that you don't respect obesity as a disease because it's obesity is a disease just like diabetes, and in fact, obesity causes diabetes.
Speaker 1: Obesity causes hypertension.
Speaker 4: So if you have an obesity centric approach to taking care of a patient, you will cure there or control their diabetes and their high blood pressure and all these other things. And so it is absolutely appropriate to use these medicines for obesity. In fact, obesity is the number one disease in this country, in fact the world, more so than high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, everything, and obesity causes all these things. It's an inflammatory process, so it actually leads to cancers, it's associated specifically with thirteen cancers, but many more it's associated with and particularly guy cancers like so uterine cancer, breast cancer, all these things. So obesity is something that we should use to treat it. Now, as far as the side effects that you were saying, Angela, like the the vision thing, that is a rare thing that actually could happen.
Speaker 1: It's not like something new that we didn't know.
Speaker 4: It's because you can correct someone's sugar googles very rapidly when you use these medications, because they're very effective, and so they have a black box like go on there to say, hey, you know, make sure your your your eyes are okay.
Speaker 1: But the.
Speaker 4: What it causes this thing called diabetical right napathy. It actually is a temporary thing and it's very very rare. I've never seen it. But other diabetes drugs do the same thing. So insulin even has that warning on it that it can correct your sugar so so rapidly that it can affect your vision. So that's actually not a big deal. The other things that these drugs like the Olympics and amandyros and the Govies of the world can cause our mostly gi side effects because the hormone you produce in your body. It's it's the pharmaceutical company manufactured. So it's ninety eight ninety four to ninety eight percent similar to what we all produce and so and it's produced in your gut.
Speaker 1: So the biggest side.
Speaker 4: Effect is, particularly if you overeat, is nausea and vomiting. And so that's why we ty trate the dose up very slowly over three to four months actually, so that you won't get that nausea.
Speaker 1: Vominating can cause, rhea rarely can cause.
Speaker 3: So it suppresses your appetite, is right? Okay?
Speaker 2: Because I also saw the doctor they said that created the what is it called the semug sema glue tide, said that it makes life very boring and people won't want to be on it for extended periods of time because it makes you not enjoy food.
Speaker 5: You don't want to go out and eat.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: You know how we love having our parties up here?
Speaker 1: I don't. That's right, that's right, man, that's right.
Speaker 3: Okay. So what happens if you stop taking it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Does the weight come back?
Speaker 4: So we we've were not we because the nova notice is the one that the.
Speaker 1: Has Ozimpic and Mogov.
Speaker 4: But there we've done studies or they've done studies on that specifically. And so when you stop the medication, roughly about eighty percent of people regain their weight and not when you look at the curve because they went out the three years. When you look at the curve, it goes up, but it doesn't go completely to where their starting weight is. But the but but the thought is that if they if they kept the study going, you would probably see it go right back to your baseline.
Speaker 1: Weight, which proves the second point.
Speaker 4: Theory and the Grelland but what I want to say about that is this is the same medication Ozmpic or with Goov that if you had diabetes, you would stay on it for life to control your diabetes.
Speaker 1: If you have obesity, most.
Speaker 4: People would need to stay on it for life to control their obesity. Now what I do is if you come to me and we need to help with medication, which I think medication is super important for most people because what you're telling somebody to do is to fight this fight.
Speaker 1: Like you. Let's say you're in a heavyweight fight. You fighting a heavyweight champion.
Speaker 4: Of the world, and your odds aren't that good in the first place. And then somebody says, hey, have this fight with I want you to get rid of one of your tools. So we're gonna tie one of your hands behind your back and you're gonna fight the heavyweight champion of the world.
Speaker 1: There's no wins in me.
Speaker 4: Conser like, you're not gonna win that fight, and so I need to give you all your tools and will go vi your Olympic and whatever.
Speaker 1: Min general are the tools.
Speaker 4: And so what I tell people is we're gonna use it until we get to your goal weight.
Speaker 1: And if you.
Speaker 4: Want to stop this medication at that time, we can, but we're gonna monitor you.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be.
Speaker 4: Like, good job, I'll see you in a thousand years, Like no, I'm gonna mind. And if your weight starts to go back up, we're gonna put you back on it. But some people they go, you know what, I have so much control over my life.
Speaker 1: I feel happy.
Speaker 4: So when he said that people who live a boring life, my experience is totally different. They live a great life because they can have control. They might just take a bite of pizza and like I'm good because they have that kind of control.
Speaker 5: That yahous two or three slices. What about other things like pennamine.
Speaker 4: So so so mano talk. So these are oral medications. So Finchermine is one. The brand name was atapects. People know about atipacts. So those medications work too, they're they're they're good too. They're not as good as the medications that are the injectable medications because those medications are produced by your body. Basically, they just manufactured it in the lab. But finchermine does does work, but the stimulate.
Speaker 5: Stops working after a while, right like if you take it, if you prescribe, because I was prescribed that all time and then I took all of them, then it stopped working.
Speaker 4: So so Finchermine is one of those medicines where some people develop tolerance to it, so that means like after a while, it's not as effective as it was when you first took it, so then people go up on the dose. But one of the problems is not that you develop tolerance, is that you realize that you have control and you don't have cravings. But you might see this cake on the table and you don't really even want it, but it's there, but it's this I got control. Take a bite and guess what, You only take a bite, so you feeling you're feeling real big bag, big bad and bold. The next time you go, you might take two pikes. The next time you might take three. And what happens is Fentchermin can only let's say, block ten, you know, ten carbs from coming.
Speaker 1: In before it goes down to you all day. It's not all day.
Speaker 4: And if some of these carbs can get by a Fenchermin or ozimpic even or any of them meds and hit that button to activate your craving center, it's too late. So I tell people when they're on these medications, if they if that happens to them going a three day carb detox. But what I tell them before that is that if you see that cake and you know you don't really want it, don't eat it because you're going to self sabotage yourself because.
Speaker 2: We end up going out and socially, yeah problem, yeah, that is because you have those things in the house or somebody brings.
Speaker 3: It to you, or they're like, here, I brought you a baggage.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Next thing, you know, come in here with cakes and don't you know stuff like that. That's that's listen, I'm driving by Krispy Kreme, that.
Speaker 1: Red light is on.
Speaker 5: I'm like no, yes, yes, no, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you these medications will help you have better control over those And we again, we don't live in a low car world. So it's like, you know, to tell somebody to eat you know, celery with some dip.
Speaker 1: It's like that people.
Speaker 2: Who just want to lose a few pounds, right because they have a vacation coming up or something like that, and then they're like, let me get my hands on some ozempic. Because it is important to make sure that you monitor this and prescribe this absolutely right.
Speaker 1: So that's another thing.
Speaker 4: So one, if you want to lose a couple of pounds just because you want to lose a couple of pounds and you don't have obesity, that is not FDA. It proved that is not something that we would recommend. And and the whole thing about being prescribed one is that there are a lot of weight clinics where you just give them, give them some cash and they'll give you some finch mean, but they don't tell you nothing about the diet of how things work.
Speaker 1: And they don't educate you. And so most people it'll.
Speaker 4: Work even if you if you don't have you have no brains at all, because it will just work. But if you if I give you a little knowledge, you can use that tool to then beat that fight. And so that's the problem. And the other thing is you definitely need to be prescribed it because when you see people pull ozimpic or goovi out of a vial, it is not mozimpic or govi because it doesn't come in a vil. And if you get in that it's compounded from somebody who put it together and you don't know where you getting your stuff from, just like if you got.
Speaker 1: It's not in a vowel, it's no, it's not, is it No, it's in a pen. It does not come into vile. Period.
Speaker 2: To make sure you get in mind, because you also want to make sure you know how it's going to react to your body.
Speaker 3: I assumed write anything like this.
Speaker 6: This is a serious meta, especially especially if you have diabetes because some of the medications that we give people for diabetes.
Speaker 4: If you are not a physician, you won't know how to tell that patient, hey, you know what you need to cut that in half or stop it all together when I give you this with GOVI or Olympic, so it's important to do it with the doctor. But again, if it's in a vile and you pulling it out with a syringe, that is not ozempical. With GOOVI or mind general, it's none of them because all of them come prepackaged in a pen.
Speaker 2: How did this get so popular all of a sudden? Because I feel like this is new, Like you know, this is a fairly recent thing. All of a sudden, everyone's on it, people are watching. I saw an article I think it was I don't know if it was the New York Times where people were talking about the shame that they have with admitting that they're on ozempic to lose the weight.
Speaker 3: But people are also looking.
Speaker 2: We saw Elon musk yes saying that he would taking it and how amazing it is.
Speaker 3: But it feels like a craze all of a sudden, and how did that happen?
Speaker 4: I think it's the celebrities because I've again, I've been using it for years before and I didn't have any issues getting it now because everybody wants it because celebrities are talking about it and endorsing it, and they're not endorsing it through the companies. Because I work closely with all these companies, so I can tell you that the companies are not endorsing these people saying that these are great drugs. It is the celebrities that are saying. And you see the results, like particularly with these new ones, and I'm gonna tell you need to put some stock in these companies because they are They're more that are coming out that are going to be even more effective than the ones that are out now, and you're gonna get you won't have to have for a lot of people won't even need gastric bypass or the sleeve because these medications are going to give you those numbers.
Speaker 5: So I'm trying. I'm like constantly trying to get this brustly body.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, no fat up, just cut up?
Speaker 5: What should I do?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 4: Man, I tell people all the time, like the Hollywood celebrities and their trainers no, Like I saw this interview with Michael B. Jordan and they were like, well, how'd you get so cut up for CREE three? And he joked, but he was serious. He was like, oh yeah, my trainer and we're working with. All I ate was chicken and he joked about it, but basically that's what he means, like, you need a little carb diet. Did there is? This is science, This is not this hocus pocus stuff. If you could get your carbs down and get it well, I first have people start below one hundred grams per day, but if you get it even lower, you will get that because what happens is insulin. This is all a hormone game. So it's grelling, it's still satiating hormones, but then it's insulin, which is another hormone. Insulin is your fat story hormone. So if you if your insulin is high, which carbs make your pinkers secrete insulin? If your insulin is high, it actually takes that that that food that you eat, and it packs it away. That's why I told you those those kids with the big bellies, that's what happens to them. If your insulin is low, you can actually burn the food that you eat and also burn fat because when your insulin is high, you can't turn the fat burning switch on. It's impossible to turn on the fat burning switch. If your insulin is high and the only way to get it low is to get your carbs down. I mean also intermitting fasting works for the same reason that you don't eat for a certain amount of time, so that way you're not stimulating insulin. But when people say I'm going to reduce my calories, I thought it was calories and calories out.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 4: It's carbs and carbs out. And they like, well, why does why does a low calorie diet work? Well, the three macronutrients in your food. It's carbs, it's protein, and it's fat. If you reduce your calories, you reduce all three of them, including carbs.
Speaker 1: So that's why you lose weight. But you don't have to reduce protein or fat. You only have to reduce carbs. So why you're reducing all those.
Speaker 4: Other things, which is why you can eat hardy with a little carb diet, because you can eat proteins and healthy fats. Another thing about fat, real quick, the healthiest diet in the world is a Mediterranean diet, and that diet is full of fat. It it's fifty to sixty percent fat, healthy fat.
Speaker 3: You're ready to have.
Speaker 5: A black What are some of the car Because we about the huge information I got you, I got you, I got your brothers a day.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I got you like that.
Speaker 5: You know, what I'm saying is what are some of the cobs that people need to stay away from? We know, bread and hasty crean.
Speaker 4: It's pretty, it's pretty, like I give them the big picture of it. So it's obviously sugar in those sweet sugar. But then it's what we call refined carbohydrates, the stuff that you break down in order to eat because that turns into sugar. So what is it. It's all the white stuff, so bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, all the stuff that we love. Right, But it doesn't mean you can't eat it. I don't want to make people like I can eat, but you can. First of all, limit how much you eat. But then you can substitute it, like sometimes why don't you can eat some califer flour rice Once in a while, you can eat.
Speaker 1: Cauliflower master.
Speaker 5: As a substitute.
Speaker 1: As a substitute, it depends on ice what it helps. But again there's still some carbs in it.
Speaker 6: So what I tell people, it makes me poop clean and what would make me go to the day.
Speaker 4: But what I tell people is I'm not saying you can't eat carbs. What I said tell people is, look, I want you to get your carbs down less than one hundred.
Speaker 1: Think of it like this.
Speaker 4: You got one hundred dollars in the atem that you can withdraw every single day. I need you to be one hundred dollars or less, so you can't overdraft. You can't draw more than one hundred dollars. So listen, if you give, I'll get your hundred dollars. If you want to spend seventy five dollars on a bagel, because that's how many carbs are in a bagel.
Speaker 2: And you know, there's a lot of apps that you can use it. Actually, you input what you eat and it'll even tell you like certain restaurants. You put that in and it'll track all of that for you. So every day, if you can track what you're spending on your carbs exactly, then you can stay.
Speaker 5: Away from like potatoes. I don't really do rice bread, but I like to have pasta every now and then.
Speaker 4: And that's okay if it's every now and then. But then, like what we don't know is like a lot of things that have carbs, Like some people are like, well, all I do is eat fruit and vegetables. I'm like, okay, so what kind of fruit did you eat? They'd be like, I eat six bananas a day, and I'll be like, okay, So just so you know, not fruit is good.
Speaker 1: But let's break it down.
Speaker 4: One large banana has the exact same amount of sugar in it as a Snickers bar, So you gotta be mindful, now, mind you, that's about thirty to thirty five grams of.
Speaker 3: Cars But it's a different type of sugar, right.
Speaker 1: It's the same type of sugar.
Speaker 4: The difference is that a banana and a sna bar is different in the sense that your glycemic index, which I'm not going to bore you about, but the bottom line is that your body will metabolize the sugar in the banana much more healthier, i'd say, than the one in the sugars bar because it has fiber in it and so the absorption is much lower. But the bottom line is you still eventually are going to get those thirty to thirty five grams of sugar. And so if you were to compare a banana to berries and any berry, strawberries, bluebirds, BlackBerry, any berry, a handful of berries only has nine grams of cars so you're much better off eating berries than you are if you're following a particularly if you're following a low carb diet, then you are eating in a banana. So it doesn't mean you can't eat a banana, but maybe eat half of the banana. So instead of thirty carbs, you're getting fifteen grams.
Speaker 3: And how do you eat it? Do you eat it?
Speaker 5: Like breaking down like that?
Speaker 3: Wow, gizzies.
Speaker 2: All right, well listen, doctor Romie Hint, thank you so much for joining us today.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: The book that you have out is the No Guesswork Diet, and it's transform transformative for a lot of people. I know a lot of people that you've helped, and so that's why I wanted to make sure I brought you up here, because I've been watching so many things and reading so many different stories, and so I wanted to get it straight from you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I want to just say the reason I wrote this book is because there's doctors do not really help us with with with weight loss. We blame it on the patient and so but that's not what we should be doing. So I wrote this book to take the guest work that's why I called them no guest work out of healthy living and and and to help you get to a healthier weight because there's so many gimmicks out there, and because doctors don't instruct you. You are on late night television flipping through the channel like I'm anna by this tummy roller. I'm gonna do it a drink and and and it's dizzy. And so that's why I wanted to wrect because these are facts. I got references in the back. I'm actually in the studio, may know, produce some do my audiobook though I'm not rapping, but but yeah, so I'm in the sort of audiobook will be out in about six weeks. So if you know so you can, you can read it, you can listen to it. So and I hope you like it. If you do, just let us know.
Speaker 3: And where can people find you?
Speaker 4: They can find me on social media, although I'm not on there as much as I should be at at at doctor Ramik Hunt on all R A M A C K Doctor And then you know I'm a part of the Three Doctors. We wrote a bestseller called The Pack, the New York Times bestseller. We actually and this is public knowledge. We're actually working with CBS on a television series for that book.
Speaker 2: Finally, I've been waiting forever for this movie or a series to come. So that's a male yes. And everybody read that book, The Pact growing up. It was three doctors. You guys were friends growing up, and you made a pack to become doctors, and you fulfill that after overcoming many obstacles.
Speaker 3: I told Manor he would love you.
Speaker 2: I was a you know, attempted murder charge and went on to become.
Speaker 1: A doctor, stopping.
Speaker 5: You always want to bring up old stuff, right, You always want to bring up old stoff new madeo, new doctor rob me, not the old version.
Speaker 3: The new brand better than the old brand.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you being real, real real, Yes, right, so I appreciate you and all the work that you've been doing.
Speaker 3: Mayo, ready for a new Mado.
Speaker 1: That's right, I'm about to get right.
Speaker 3: All right. It's the way up at Angela.
Speaker 2: You get right, the right way
Speaker 1: Way