Speaker 1: This is Suckers. I'm Keeling Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared Haven at iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, welcome to an on new episode of Suckers, Jared's edition.
Speaker 1: It's me myself.
Speaker 2: And and I am alone and talking to myself. It's Sunday, January twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: I don't know something like that. We're we're right around there.
Speaker 2: Dawson's birthday is coming up the thirty first, so happy your early birthday to my son. He's turning two. On his first birthday, he met Tom Brady. So on his second birthday, you know, I'll get him an Aladdin toy. So that's disappointing for him, garrely top meeting Tom Brady, unfortunately, but very excited for that. That's what's going on this week with me. Obviously, just came back from Disney, talked about that. Oh and that's right. We announced that Ashley's prego's. Ashley is pregnant. We are expecting our second kid. We have not revealed the gender yet. That is coming soon. We know it though, So it's going to be very hard to not refer to this child as either a girl or a boy. But I'm going to do my best, but yeah, we have a new one coming and they'll be here. July twenty ninth is the d date. So Ashley is, you know, not halfway there, but she's doing good. She's nauseous, which sucks. I feel bad for that. She's still debilitated a little bit here and there, and she still has bad nights of throwing up occasionally.
Speaker 1: It just kind of randomly comes.
Speaker 2: And of course, you know, her body's just not her own body anymore because there's a living thing growing in there. So that's uncomfortable to say the least. But her pregnancy is a lot better this time around than the first one, which is great. And she's already fourteen weeks. Fourteen weeks, so I don't know, it feels like, let's see here July, so what like March, March something that she'll be halfway something like that, which already cut right.
Speaker 1: Around the corner.
Speaker 2: I mean we're already in February nearly, which is crazy. Super Bowls almost upon us. I don't know if you guys watched the NFL, but I just saw the Chiefs win again because Patrick Mahomes is just you know, he's I saw someone compare him to Thanos from Avengers, which is a good comparison because Patrick Mahomes is inevitable and Taylor and Travis the Tea's teen t just makes my head hurt, you know, Listen, Taylor, I have so much respect for this woman. She's awesome.
Speaker 1: But I can't do it. Can't do it, guys, can't do it. I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh, rooting for whoever's playing the Chiefs in the super Bowl, We'll see. I can talk about the Super Bowl here on this podcast, though, because even if you don't like sports, you guys are all going to watch the Super Bowl because we're going to watch the commercials. We're going to watch the halftime show, which is Usher. Why is it two thousand and four?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 2: Usher is an incredible musician who has so many hits that we've probably forgotten about because I looked up Usher's playlist and it was like his not his filmography, but his songography.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you'd call it.
Speaker 2: The music he's done in the past. He has so many hits I'm like twelve years ago, which is fine, Like, hey, I'm an old man. I'll watch Usher during the halftime show, but it's just crazy because it feels so underwhelming. It's almost like, wait a minute, can the NFL not get anybody else? They just got Rihanna. It's a huge one. Oh they had m and Ah. I love that La Show. I don't know if you guys remember two years ago when the Super Bowl was in LA and it was like Eminem fifty cent, Mary J. Blige, Snoop Dog, Doctor Dre because obviously Compton, they're all from southern California, and that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh that was so cool.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't feel like that's happening in the year, but like in terms of like any guest surprise, it's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be us show.
Speaker 2: What the hell was I talking about? Ashley is pregnant, Yes she is. I'm a little nervous, little nervous because to make more of a sports reference. But you guys will get this, Like when you have one kid, you could play his own defense. It's two on one, so it's like, if he goes left, I got him, if he goes right, she's got him, and like we can just take care of him. But now we got two playing on man on man, it's one on one. Like ash you get one kid, I'll get the other and like god speed, you just take care of your you know, you do your job. I'll do my job, and then together our jobs as parents will be completed. That's nerve wracking. It's like all right, ash like you know, you take care of him, I'll take care of this one. And it's like all right, Like it's just it's just me and you, so just me and you. There's no mama in sight. Mom is out, Mama's got our own things going on. And if if this new kid's anything like Dawson, that's going to be issues because Dawson is attached to mama.
Speaker 1: It's kind of uh.
Speaker 2: It makes me sayd a little bit because a lot of times I'll take him out of the house and I'll just do something with him one on one. And we do this quite a lot because I really I love being with him one on one because you know, all of a sudden, I become the center of attention. He's so reliant on me. He's just happy to be with me, and he's reaching out holding my hand. He's just the best. But then as soon as Ashley enters the picture, everything is Mama, Mama, Mama. He literally pushes my hand away, and it's like, bro, dude, we're cool. There's no reason to have this animosity between the two of us. When mom is here, we can all be cool together. You don't have to choose. It's not like, hey, if mom and dad are in the room together, I have to choose one. No, no, no, you got us both. That's the great thing. So anyway, but I'm curious, when you know the new one comes around, how Dawson will be. I think every parent has this fear that you know the first kid is going to grow as ze men because all of a sudden, the intention is not all on them, or we're not going to love the second kid as much because I've never loved anything as much as I love Dawson. So in my mind and in my heart right now, it's like, how could I ever love anything as much as I love Dawson. It's impossible. But of course, before Dawson existed, I mean, I've been on this earth for over thirty years. I loved things, so I'm capable of loving new things. And I'm sure that you know, in a couple of years, when I grow attached to our new child, and you know, they did start developing their own personality, not going to love them for different reasons than then how I love.
Speaker 1: Dawson.
Speaker 2: I remember I was talking to Tanner. Uh So, you guys know Tanner and Jade uh from bechelor Paridity season two. They've been married for seven years now, three kids, and h you know, Tanner's brutally honest. I love it, one of his greatest qualities.
Speaker 1: You know. I asked him. I was like, do you have a favorite? You know, you have three kids?
Speaker 2: And he goes, no, you know, obviously he was talking about how you know, he had such an attachment with Emmy because that was their first but now that their kids are all, you know, coming into their own so to speak, you know, developing their own personalities, with their own quirks, and uh, the only their own things that they love, you know, And I know Tanner wouldn't lie to me. He was like, dude, I just love them all equally, now differently, Like I love them differently.
Speaker 1: It's weird. It's hard to explain.
Speaker 2: But he also said, like, you know, the first year or so, it's you know, you're gonna have a favorite, but so like the first year of this kid's life, I feel like I'm still gonna be like team Dawson. But yeah, I have no doubt that once I start really growing attached to our our newborn, that I'll love this, you know, the new baby, just as much as I love Dawson. I'm glad Ashley's due during the summer. I think that's nice because then you can take like a newborn out for walks and go outside because you know, in the Northeast, obviously the weather's pretty big deal. And then you know, it's not like when when you know, Dawson was born in January, couldn't really go outside that much because it's just cold, and we're not going to take a new born out outside, you know, twenty degree weather.
Speaker 1: So but but yeah, we're going right back into it now the child. But it'll be fun.
Speaker 2: You know. I'm excited for that family of four. I had a family of four growing up with my sister and my parents. Ashley had a family of four with her sister and her parents, so we kind of feel most comfortable with that. Well, you know, you know, two kids, So I'm excited about that. But you know, I think for us right now, just kind of figuring out where we want to end up I think we've been both very honest about, you know, the conversations we've had between living in Rhode Island living in d C closer to her parents. Obviously, right now we're Rhde Island. I love Rhode Island. I love being here. But you know, I can totally see us ourselves moving down there too, and I'd be fine with that, you know. I'm told Ashley that is as well, and she doesn't believe me, and I really would be It's more of I think it's more so just it's like anything, you know, if you guys are listening to podcasts and if you had to move to a new area, if you're thinking about moving to a new area, it's tough because like I don't know what I would do down there. You know, I have Audrey's up here, which is great, and that takes up a lot of my time. And it's like, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of times I wish I could get away from Audrey's and not be there as much, because it's extremely stressful and hard to make money right now owning your own business, especially in Rhode Island. Actually, unfortunately, there was an article on this website called wallet hub. I saw someone post about it that said the Rhode Island was the worst state to open a small business in, which, you know, I can understand why it's expensive. You get a lot of taxes. It's also you know, Rhode Islanders. Things that I love about Rhode Islanders is that we're very stuck in our ways and like we like going to the places that we'd be going all of our lives. But also is tough to open a new business because a lot of people just want to go to the places that they know and they love. But also I'm trying to be a place that people know and love, and I think we're doing a pretty good job of that. But you know, a lot of a lot of long ways to go on that. But you know what's interesting about this podcast, it's literally just me rambling, you know. It's just like my inner thoughts, just spilling all the beans just from my gut, my heart, my mind. I like it, though I don't know if you guys like it.
Speaker 1: I hope you do. I like it. But yeah, so right now, you.
Speaker 2: Know, with the second baby on the way to trying to figure out like how realistic is a move down to northern Virginia, you know, and I think it's pretty realistic. There's a lot of things I love about that area, and there's a lot of things that I could see myself doing while while while living down there. But you know, we have to get our ducks in order obviously try to figure out like would we keep our place up here, would rent it out? These are all the things that you know, we we're not making any decisions on right now. But I'd be lying if I said that in twenty twenty five, you know, just next year. I mean, I could totally see it happening. Especially let's see, you know, how the rest of Ashley's pregnancy goes. I know she loves being down there when she's pregnant, which makes total sense. She loves being with her parents, you know, she and I love being with her parents. They do such a good job taking care of Dawson. Her mom's so good, her sister's so good with Dawson, and there's such giant helps that it's nice to have that. And especially when Ashley is not feeling well and she could use the help. I could use the help, so you know, that's a big factor. And then of course, after the baby comes you know, we'll need some help. I'll take some time off from Audrey's to ensure that I could be home and taking care of the newborn and helping Ashley with Dawson, doing whatever I need to do to make sure that things are going well. But I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be easier down in northern Virginia, then it would be up here just for the simple effect of the help that we have. So, you know, we'll see, we'll see what the rest of the year brings. But also it's all exciting things. You know.
Speaker 1: I'm really not stressed out about it, honestly, I'm it's just we're breathing, you know. I think about that a lot.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, there's a friend of it was one of my cousin's friends, forty years old, passed away from cancer this past week. Just a tragic story. Got to know her well pretty well. Her names Gina, and she was always around holidays or any parties that we had. And of course her and Sarah had like a core group of friends. My cousin's name is Sarah. She probably had like four or five and anyway, it just makes you think about life and how you can never take it for granted. And there's a lot of stress full things in this life that get me stressed, you know, But I try to really center myself and just say, there's really nothing to be to be that stressed about, because life, you know, is going to go by fast. It sucks, but it's just the reality of the situation. Everybody tells you that's what happens. And you know, I'm thirty How old am I my? Thirty six years old? No, I'm thirty five. I just turned thirty five, but you know, just thirty five. That's crazy. I don't know how the hell I've been on this earth for thirty five years. I feel pretty grateful for it, pretty lucky. But anyway, I think that's actually going to do it for this week's episode, which is crazy is a sure one, but usually we try to do about fifteen minutes here. I don't know if I ended on a morbid note, but yeah, everybody who's listening to this, I hope you're enjoying it, and just make sure you just try to try to think about positively and be optimistic.
Speaker 1: You know. I heard someone say how.
Speaker 2: Optimism like, if you're optimistic, you can really move mountains and you can change things just by being to mystic and positive about something. And the older I get, the more I believe that, and so try to just remember that. You know, we're here, we're living, and that's a great thing. That's a wonderful thing. It reminds me of a Rob Thomas song. God, I'm so lame. I don't care though. It's called one less die and one less Day from Dying young. And I love that song so much because it just is a great reminder that we're one less day from dying young and getting older is a privilege. Unfortunately, it's not a right, it's a privilege. And anyway, I just wanted to reinforce that I love you all. If you guys are listening to this, you listen to Suckers. We have a brand new episode coming out this week. I think it probably already drops. To make sure you listen to that. With Kaitlin Dean and myself. You can follow us on social media. You can follow me on social media at Jared Haven and comment on any of my photos of videos. I try to comment back as much as possible because I really do read people's comments, both bad and good. Honestly, the bad doesn't bother me anymore. I know it's such a cliche thing to say, like I don't care what people think about me. It really doesn't bother me all that much anymore. Sometimes I find it entertaining to read funny things about me. AnyWho just want to say thank you.
Speaker 1: I love you all.
Speaker 2: I really do appreciate it, and make sure you guys tune in next week. We're hopefully ah, I suck just a little bit less