Speaker 1: Crime al Art hourly update breaking crime news Now.
Speaker 2: I'm Sidney Silvanni. A deep business dispute between former real estate associates in southern California takes a horrifying turn, ending in a targeted kidnapping and execution inside a vehicle trunk in a deadly deputy involved shooting. According to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, sixty seven year old Zangfang Bo and his accomplice, sixty six year old Jon Kwan Bo, allegedly targeted sixty year old Shaker ach Bar and Chino Hills on Wednesday, July twenty ninth. Akbar, a beloved husband and father to three young daughters, shared professional roles with Zegfang in at least two limited liability companies, now embroiled in ongoing civil litigation, including a contentious dispute over a twenty million dollar apartment complex located in Pasadena. Zangfang's defense attorney, Michael Chen, told reporters he was completely stunned by the outburst of violence, noting there were no obvious signs of an adversarial relationship prior to the incident. Speaking to news outlet NBCLA eight. Bar's heartbroken daughter expressed complete shock and disbelief over her father's violent death.
Speaker 1: With Dad the greatest father ever.
Speaker 2: He was the best dad, best pretty suit, no ded, no idea.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Why wouldn't anyone want dead?
Speaker 2: Homicide detectives report the tragedy began when electrical power to Akebar's home was suddenly cut off. When Eke Bar stepped outside to inspect his electrical panel. Investigators believed the suspects shot and kidnapped him right outside his house. Responding to emergency reports of gunshots and screaming, San Bernardino County deputies bought at Zangfeng driving a suspect vehicle and initiated a short pursuit ending on Wandering Ridge Drive. When deputies ordered the suspects out, passenger Jion Kwan complied, but driver Zang Feg exited the vehicle, approached the open trunk and fired directly into it. San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office Detective Gloria Orazel described the frantic scene.
Speaker 1: The trunk was open when he exited the vehicle and fired a shot into the trunk, and apparently there was a victim inside there that had been kidnapped from the previous montever the address.
Speaker 2: Deputies immediately returned fire, fatally shooting zengfang Bo. At the scene, inside the open trunk, officers discovered eight Bar, who tragically succumbed to his gunshot wounds. Jean Kwan Bou was taken into custody and charged with murder and kidnapping, currently held without bail. Speaking once again to NBCLA, eight Bar's grieving daughter demanded answers about why anyone would target her father. I want to know why because it just does not make sense.
Speaker 3: Nothing that makes sense. It feels like a movie aid. Yeah, you know, I just wish this is a badgerie about it.
Speaker 1: Quake up.
Speaker 2: More crime and justice news after this. In Atlanta, Georgia, a mother dropping off an Instacart delivery endured every parent's worst nightmare when an opportunistic thief drove off in her running vehicle with her two year old daughter trapped inside the back seat. The desperate mother immediately dialed nine one one, pleading frantically for help from dispatchers.
Speaker 1: The one just stole my car and it has my two year old daughter in it.
Speaker 3: You said your daughter's inside the vehicle.
Speaker 1: Yes, my two year old daughter was in a bad suit.
Speaker 3: I was dropping off an instacar warner and I came back outside. My car is gone and my daughter was in.
Speaker 2: Five Atlanta Police Department Auto Crimes Enforcement units flooded the area. Within fifteen minutes. City license plate readers tracked the stolen vehicle to a public's parking lot on Howell Mill Road. Officers cornered the vehicle and arrested twenty one year old Salim Martin. Bodycam footage captured the arrest as officer's handcuff Martin while the toddler cried in her car seat.
Speaker 3: Pads up, pands up, the hands up, No, I do love, don't love.
Speaker 1: On the window.
Speaker 3: Now, what you're gonna do is gonna get out and face away from the younger gaming, get out of the car. Slow, jan, it's okay, bebby, It's okay, It's okay, baby, okay.
Speaker 2: Martin faces serious charges including kidnapping, child cruelty, theft by taking, and simple battery. Shocking details emerged in an arrest warrant. When reunited, the mother noticed the bottom of her daughter's dress was unbuttoned and the child stated the man did it. Warrant documents reveal officers found Martin with both hands on the toddler's torso, hiding between the seats. Martin claimed he touched her to calm her down while trying to drive back to New Jersey. Meanwhile, in Alabama, a high tech dragnet brought an end to an interstate child kidnapping hunt. Thirty eight year old Janet Dominique Burns was captured south of Dothan by local police, Houston County Sheriff's deputies, and US Marshals. Burns was wanted an Orange County, Florida for the kidnapping of a minor and probation revocation traveling with an endangered child under ten. Florida investigators alerted Dothan authorities after network Flock license plate readers confirmed Burns' vehicle entered the area. Dothan police drone operators deployed unmanned aircraft to sweep the city, quickly spotting her red Nissan Rogue on West Main Street, Officers executed a tactical traffic stop near US two thirty one south in Highway one oh nine, arresting Burns without incident. The child was safely recovered and placed in the care of the Alabama Department of Human Resources while extradition proceedings began. For more crime and justice news, be sure to join us for crime stories with Nancy Grace on Fox one, YouTube, Serious XM, and now streaming on two B. With this crime alert, I'm Sidney Sulvani.