Speaker 1: It's great to see you man. Thank you so much for coming back here and hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: It is really good to see you too. I watched episode eight, Series one.
Speaker 1: Did you watch it on your phone?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, there goes my dad. I have roommates, I tell.
Speaker 3: You, can you be proper please?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Children?
Speaker 1: Helloa, Neil, you introduce yourself Neil Roberts.
Speaker 2: Here I played. I played I've just had a massage and a stone massage, and I'm really quite relaxed, and so I was. I was a bit concerned when I ever write, I'm Neil Roberts and I play Rex Buckland and charm.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Hell I invariably, when I tell a story, I forget the end of it before I've got there, and so then I start a new one, and then I remember the end of the first one, and I finished that. But I'm not sure if the second one ever finishes. So let's see how we do with reminiscences of twenty six years ago.
Speaker 3: I think begin again, back to the beginning.
Speaker 1: Did you when you watched it earlier today?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: I just watched the episode eight, rated thirteen plus. What's that about?
Speaker 4: I think it's something Leo says, there's some yeah, half adult content, half adult anyhow do you and evil characters who want to you know, arm people like who run about that evil evil auction houses. The question really is, sir, do you like like watching this? Do you like do you remember those scenes? Do you remember that time, like, does it come? Does it spark memories? Like?
Speaker 1: Is it like, oh my god, I actually remember that scene on that day.
Speaker 2: I have a terrible memory. And yet I relate everything in my life almost to every project I've done. And it's maybe because it's so different that people who are working with the sort of the building wherever you are, et cetera. I have watched a couple of episodes recently, and there are many scenes I had no idea I had done, but I remember the experience being there, and there's many things I remember, probably not actually being on set stories I probably shouldn't know. There's all sorts of things. And I've been telling these.
Speaker 1: Stories, tell the stories, keep going.
Speaker 2: After dinner stories constantly, and I'm a little unsure as now, as I've been doing it for so long what is true and what is not true. Oh but for instance, that episode eight is when I get my cigar lit by Hannah. And if you look at it, what they did was they attached They gaffetaped the cigar to my hand with a wire into it that exploded a little sort of fire thing, a jet, and the wire went all down my arm and down my leg and trousers, et cetera. And they had a little switch that blew the fuse at the end of my cigar when she blew on it, and you can see all, yes, I know, and you can see all of a sudden, my hand from just sort of being quite natural, all of a sudden does sort of this, and then I take I did it, and then it just stays there as it's lit, because this thing is gaffer taped to my hand. And they initially said blow out slightly when she blows on your end and so and the ends supposed to turn red. And so I told this story actually on the children's program in the naughties and they berated me hugely. So anyway, I but I blew and it lit. Flames started coming out, and it was a to my hand, so I was waving it around. So some friendly chap came up with a fire extinguisher and sprayed it all over me. To put out the fire.
Speaker 3: Scotti. That's definitely got to be Scotty, at.
Speaker 2: Which point we had to have three or four hours off while they wipe down my suit and dried it.
Speaker 3: Definitely Scotti.
Speaker 2: Wow. And they said, next time we do it, can you suck not blow?
Speaker 1: SE's not blow parts suck And that's why we're PG. Thirteen. Plus that's the plus.
Speaker 2: It was quite funny. Every week we had a different power that made no sense to the week before. So the episode that's the show reason Hannah was blowing and lighting the end of my cigar from nowhere. I think in episode ten I had astral projection I had never had before.
Speaker 3: Right, And then in nine you could read her mind and she says, get out of my head.
Speaker 1: That's true. There you go.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, sir, yes, sir, you can. Well this is just a testament to like, you're so good, let's just keep giving them new powers to play with.
Speaker 3: You were you were collected, you were curating, you were curating?
Speaker 2: You say, yes, you were, you were excellent, and that's why they gave you a different parents excellent. Can we cut out the bit before when I ask for the praise and just have it.
Speaker 1: So No, no, no, that's where that's actually the teaser which we lead with to get the people, the folks to click to listen to this interview. No, but it's watching you. It's a it's a it's a it's a joy. Actually, it's it is a joy. I was going to say a revelation, but it's that's too that like, maybe that's too far. We want to stay we want to stay grounded.
Speaker 2: Your first episode, Neil, it was quite a revelation. Coming episode eight, it was a revelation.
Speaker 1: But so it seems like you're having a lot of fun. It seems like you're kind of like a perfect villain. Like the accent, the hair, the chemistry, the chemistry with Hannah. Well, that's right, the chemistry with Hannah is there, the off screen chemistry with Hannah.
Speaker 2: People were not at all.
Speaker 1: Were you married at this point?
Speaker 2: I was married at that point. I had a little boy there. I mean, it doesn't stop everyone, but indeed, I do know Hannah. On think on the last on the last episode, she broke her leg having fallen through the shower or something, and she turned up and she had to turn into a black panther. Shold probably, it's not the story for me to tell. And are you are you? Is she coming on the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, why not? But tell the story? Yeah, she'd be great. We love Hannah.
Speaker 2: She is fabulous. Anyway, she had a cast on her leg and obviously she has to get into these positions of a black panther on the floor crawling around, so they had to shoot around it all. She felt very uncomfortable. It was really unfortunate. Which is the last few days of filming. Yeah, so what that's what that has got to do with my chemistry with her? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was it was. It was good up until then.
Speaker 1: It's a great story until then. But which what else do you remember? Give us more of these party stories that you shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: Telling the stories? Wives, How is your wife?
Speaker 2: My wife at the moment is delightful?
Speaker 3: Is this your second wife or third?
Speaker 2: No, she's my second wife. We yeah, I came home. I don't normally tell this. I will be honest. Normally I'm quite frivolous and talk nonsense. But no, I came back. Actually, my interview for Charmed on that we had decided to move back to England and so I put my wife and my little boy on a plane back to England while I did the shipping container out of the apartment and sent it back. And the day they were going to the airport, I had an interview for Charmed, so we went there, did the interview, drove them to the airport, and I got the job. So I meant I stayed in America for several months, longer than planned, but that's why it didn't finish me off. At the end of that time, I went back to England. So it was in fact the last job I did in the States, and that's why it actually means a huge amount to me because of the memory of it and because of that. On top of which I did have a fabulous time and everyone was really wonderful, particularly Shannon. We did a huge amount together, and it wasn't airing when I was first filming with it, and then my first episode came on and I was in the makeup trailer next to Shannon, and she leaned over and told me how good she thought I was in the show, and it meant a huge amount to me. I never told her because it's not appropriate, but I had a huge, huge crush on Shannon Cush and in the last couple of days of filming the whole thing for me, I had some sort of bug and I was vomiting the whole time. I think when I spoke to you last time, you said that it was that the set was built on at that point on some old soap factory and that one was getting ill and.
Speaker 3: Stuff a shampoo factory.
Speaker 2: Well, I was vomiting all the time, and the doctor came in and I had my trousers around my ankles and he was sticking a needle in my bottom to stop me vomiting. He had left the door open of the trailer, and Shannon, being so lovely, she was making sure I was okay. She turned up, not knowing the door would be wide open, and the doctor's behind me with the needle in my ass. Neil, are you ah, I'll come back later.
Speaker 1: That's great. I've had a plus for the thirteen here.
Speaker 3: I've had that shot by the way on set as well. Yep, that should be illegal, Like we're going to force your body to not throw up what it needs to throw up right now so that you may continue working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was quite shocked about that as opposed to saying, yeah, take and take the day off. Shut in your butt, stop me vomiting, even though you're breathing all your shampoo fumes on everyone else and making them poorly.
Speaker 1: And you look green.
Speaker 2: There is a scene in that last episode where my eyes are green and my face is green. My eyes look stunning. I might vomit on set again, but for some reason, the whole of me looks green because of this illness. Horrible. I'm really sorry to hear about Shannon there. I want to send you my love, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: She appreciated you very much so and it was fun. I know how much fun she had working with you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't seen Shannon since we've worked together, and as I said, she was so beautifully kind to me and I had this huge crush on her. So I send you lots of love and I'm really sorry.
Speaker 3: Thank you. She would appreciate that for sure.
Speaker 1: It was so. It was awesome to watch you guys kind of interact like because, like you said, most of your scenes were either with her, with Hannah what's Hannah's name. Yeah, you guys are your chemistry with bo of them? It really you You play a good foil to her and kind of like this, you know, Hugh Grant esque esque, kind of you know, sweet guy. But then like the moment she leaves the room, you kind of, you know, turn on a dime and we kind of get your your real motives and personality. Let's say, sorry, there's a plane, so I'm just gonna mute. Though it was me John Wayne Airport over there.
Speaker 3: For the plane.
Speaker 2: I thought it was you, Bron. I thought you were piloting something.
Speaker 4: Stay job, experience a little turbulence coming up.
Speaker 2: You know what, Brin, you don't need to actually drive. What do you do with the plane? Drive it, pilot it. All you need to do is the voice over. Did you sound brilliant?
Speaker 3: He announcements yeah.
Speaker 1: Or he's the guy on the video that they share at the beginning, like as the captain with the hat walking through the airport and kids are waving in smiling, and then he's like, make sure you fasten your seatbelt.
Speaker 4: And I live in an area that was started by a bunch of Delta pilots, like this whole town was built by pilots, So where I live is probably higher concentration of pilots than most places in the country.
Speaker 1: So so you say they're for the first time, I feel, well, I'm fitting in, fitting in.
Speaker 2: You're a comede. That's what I'm just doing.
Speaker 1: Fitting Then.
Speaker 2: Have you been looking You've been looking though through any castings of you know, pilots.
Speaker 1: No, I'm letting people find those for me. I suppose should.
Speaker 2: Be on your resume plocial skills, pilot fly boy. Uh, looking like I can fly?
Speaker 1: H You're gonna make me shave? Aren't you got this?
Speaker 3: Not at all?
Speaker 2: I Am going to grow my mustache and I'll send you a picture tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well maybe is it more like an arrow? Flynn? Is yours more flynn esque?
Speaker 2: It's yeah, because his was just a tiny little line, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, I've always been the same neil Is.
Speaker 4: I've never been able to grow facial hair, you know, which you kind of want your twenties early thirties that rugged you know, look right, could never do it.
Speaker 1: And then it.
Speaker 4: Literally just started coming in the last couple of years. Might and of course it comes in gray, right. I'm kind of I'm happy and bitter at the same time about it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to like embarrass y'all with Finley's face, but I might have to can bring your face over here too, mustache, put your face in here.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: This is like a now becoming a support club. The hell is on your face? Brother? What's on your face? Look in the mirror. I'm just shadowing you. I'm mirroring you, Bud, mirroring you. We are is this?
Speaker 3: The shorter said, No, that's a low said are you sure this is just the thicker side.
Speaker 1: We need we need? Yeah, but then it's not fair to any of the rest of us.
Speaker 3: You're not in rags.
Speaker 1: This is horrifying, bro, yours is horrifying.
Speaker 3: You better get your stuff together. You're not in rags, my friend. I gotta cut that ship right before I go. Thank you you will.
Speaker 2: Wow the time I feel really left out. I'm looking for a picture of me with yeah.
Speaker 1: Please, this is the support This is a group. Sharpie handy, you want to just draw one.
Speaker 2: In and I can choose any color that's right, excellent.
Speaker 1: You know it's you know, it's not dyed when the hair on top is a little gray and white, but it's like boot polished black.
Speaker 2: Or vice versa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, this is me and my latest incarnation, reincarnation. I am playing a barrister, which in Britain is a lawyer. But I have you probably can't see it with these bloody lights.
Speaker 1: I have a wig. One.
Speaker 2: Can you see the wig? I can, so I may not have a mustache. I have a big wig, like.
Speaker 1: One of those big powdery Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to wear them in court now, the barristers do, the people actually prosecuting, and the judge wears one. There's all this and they have these special outfits where it has some little tag over here and not over here, and it's all based on some history where there's some weird little atchment to their floaty gowns, apparently as a pocket where people used to dump their money. So thank you very much for helping me. And they still have this pocket in their gowns. I mean, bonkers the sort of history that we have.
Speaker 1: But what's the with the wig? What's the history? By the way, I'm googling it right now, big wig origin.
Speaker 2: I obviously googled it, well, giggled it. I giggled it when I was filming because I do a lot of research, you know. I even researched my name rock to Becklund.
Speaker 1: Rocks. Oh well, please please.
Speaker 2: Many years ago, I was doing a show and I was about twenty, and this older actor invited me into his dressing room and he left the door open, and he said, Neil, I don't think you're going to make it because of your name. I've written a list for you. Do you want me to go through them? And one of them was Rock Roberts. That's what he thought I should be called. That will make a difference.
Speaker 1: Well, you see the names I mean Rock Rock Hudson's real name wasn't Rock Hudson.
Speaker 3: Right, this is unknown.
Speaker 4: Kerry Grant's real name wasn't Kerry Grant. Neither is the Rock. Nor was John Wayne. What was John Wayne's real name?
Speaker 1: Not John Wayne.
Speaker 2: Bobby Ewing.
Speaker 1: Was John Wayne's name, not John Wayne. I know, I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Uh, how old is your audience? Get any of these references?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, John Wayne, it's a buried age range.
Speaker 1: Mary and Robert Mary and Robert Morrison was John Wayne's name. His name was Marian yea. His parents really didn't like him. We shall call you Marian and Mary for short, but go by John. But you're gonna go by John John Wayne. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your pilot, Marian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody's like, ah.
Speaker 3: What a time.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well maybe I should have changed my name to Rock Roberts. Who knows where I could be now? Ah, I could be in my parents' house.
Speaker 1: Easy, easy, let's calm down. Okay, nobody's happy, No one, not my parents, not me. I live in this Look you're in this padded room.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they won't let me out, Drew.
Speaker 3: Please, That's what happens when you become a voice actor. This is where you live now.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's a streamer, he's a gamer.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a streamer because I'm in a game called Baldersgate, three biggest game in the world last year, won all the awards, and I play. I am the voice of Top five and the Dark che So this is.
Speaker 3: The top secret thing you couldn't tell us about last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad I didn't tell you. I would have got into all sorts of trouble. It's absolutely huge, and so I am playing as the Dark Urge, although I've renamed it as the Dark Neely I should only call it the Dark Rock or something, shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I you are now known as Rock, hence this moment forward. So yeah, so I play.
Speaker 2: As this this character, and I do the motion capture and I hear my voice, and so people watch me play the game, advise me as to how I have to play it. And it is absolutely madness. I've only been doing it for about four months, but I am having an absolute hoot. It is a beautiful, beautiful game, hundreds of hours of nonsense within it. Uh and itased on dungeons and dragons.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 2: And I hear my voice constantly say.
Speaker 1: Is this on Twitch? Is this You're on sperior Twitter, your Twitch.
Speaker 2: Script, Twitch dot Tv. This is cut Neelye Roberts.
Speaker 1: This is by the way, HMC. This is essentially Instagram's subscription, but he's doing with playing video games.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting, So we have to join in your Instagram.
Speaker 1: Subscription subscription to see.
Speaker 2: Really see you make a milkshake correct.
Speaker 3: Actually just a drink one and talk about it because he buys them from other people. But I would pay to see content with you and your parents go habitating together.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do that today. That's great.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you are only of revenue now, because that was my idea.
Speaker 1: I've had I've hit a cap, I haven't gotten a new subscriber in a couple of days. It's freaking me out. Okay, signing on you. I'm very nervous about.
Speaker 2: Four new ones three.
Speaker 1: Three three three.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Drew, I guess you're already subscribed.
Speaker 3: Correct, subscribe to yourself.
Speaker 1: Wonderful. I don't think that's I got to juice some numbers, like I got four new subscribers today, just juicing up my own number, game count, new friends. Yeah, the whole new post to you.
Speaker 2: In an hour and a culture. I'm going to be twitching. I'm going to be streaming. Can I tell them I was chanting you or not?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Excellent? Yes, I mean theyre will be. They're all bought as Gate fans, so they won't actually care, but you know what, they actually might.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you why. Because our friend Shannon, she revealed a lot to me in the last year or so. But I was the most shocked by the fact that Channon was a secret closet gamer, like to the point where like her accountant was concerned because she was spending too much money on her gaming, which I didn't know was possible. Like I get mad when my kids ask me for five bucks because their character needs new clothes or something like what is this shit? This woman had gotten a red flag by her accountant, you know, and so she had a process in the morning. You know, I spent a lot of time at her house and literally so she had this you know, ritual routine in the morning where she'd make her coffee with her little spoon. It had to be the certain little spoon, and then she would go sort of in her own little corner on her iPad. And I thought she was doing old lady things like playing scrabble or solitaire or reading her emails. But she needed, like she told me, like this time was like for her to like focus, get her mind straight. She wanted nobody to speak. She wanted her ex husband at the time to go surfing, which he should have drowned. But that's a whole other episode. And literally I thought, you know.
Speaker 2: She was just.
Speaker 3: Doing little crossword puzzles or something. Oh no, no, no, it's World of Warcraft type shit.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 3: But no, really, I'm concerned for Shannon's Like I don't know if it's a team or a character. I know that she was so serious about it that she had people play for her, which I don't know if this is illegal or not play for her when she was not available, like she had stand ins.
Speaker 1: Like she's part of a group, Like.
Speaker 3: Moving forward, she had stunt players. Wow, seat fillers. It's yeah, it's bizarre. I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: Well, my twitches may well be. And fans have chumed in facts because it's Dungeons and Dragons. It's all about f fantasy, so there are a huge amount of fans of And when I'm doing my twitch, by the way, there are these choices that you have to press, and I let my chat give me a percentage, So I say, well, they look at the game as they're watching it. They can then choose the answer one, two, three, four, five, whatever, And if two of them are really close in percentages, I get my Rex Buckland card out and that is one side and the other side is that and then I toss racks. So if there was there's this fifty to fifty choice, Rex Rox Becklund comes out and I toss him. That's no, I'm not the toss of Rexes.
Speaker 1: Tars and rocks. Next episode that I toss Recks.
Speaker 3: I do feel partially responsible for Shannon's addiction because way back in the way back in the ages of eons ago. Kids. I set up a Diablo game for us to play, and she was so just wowed that. You know, I was the techie one at that point, and I could set up everything at her house, and she was so amazed that we could play and be in the same game together. This is like when we were in our early twenties people, okay, and she would make us play until like four in the morning, but I had no idea. You know. We did it for like a couple of years. It was fun. It was again. We got immersed and obsessive and were up all night. And then she didn't even want me to come over to her house because she wanted me to go home to play with her. I was like, this is all messed up. But yeah, no, she continued this addiction without me, So you created it, didn't I did.
Speaker 2: Then she continued it and you walked away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Diablo was the gateway.
Speaker 1: I'm still going by the way. I think they're on like Diablo seven now or something like that. It's huge, huge.
Speaker 2: Well games of the new movies to a certain extent.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: But you but so you can't judge me because you understand the addiction because you started it, but I quit it? Well so did I?
Speaker 3: Oh did you?
Speaker 1: Yes? I gave it away. The only ones still gaming? No rocks gaming all the time, games every day.
Speaker 3: Okay, did Shannon play games with one of your friends? Oh it was Adam, wasn't it thirteen plus?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a yes. That is a yes for all of our fantasies.
Speaker 3: And one game was it? Remember?
Speaker 1: Or? I love that Shannon was a secret gamer. I love it. It makes her hotter. I wish I knew this.
Speaker 3: She hit it like hit it.
Speaker 4: We got to figure out what her gaming name was. I think we all do at an older age. It's like, oh, like I did.
Speaker 3: That was really playing for her, and I'm going to find out what her name was.
Speaker 1: It's going to be something awesome.
Speaker 3: It's the whole alter ego for real.
Speaker 4: People are into it, like that Red Dead Redemption that became so hot. Oh, my friend's one of the voices on that.
Speaker 1: I had, my my ex girlfriend her, he had.
Speaker 4: You know, you can play the game so many different ways, right, you could be a real villain, or you could do the right thing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: It's the old West, and he had stole this horse and he had killed too many people and so his horse you run out of life or whatever, how is he explaining it, But his horse died and he was he was devastated, like like devastated, and all the people in the town they were treating him like dirt because he was, you know, being this mad killer and whatever. So no, none of the townspeople would talk to him, and he had to forge for himself and live up in the woods, and his horse had died, and he was literally miserable for a while that he just had to just stop the game. I've heard this more than once from people in that game particular, because you know, it's all about the old wes. You shoot this guy, you do this thing, you rob people, and then what happens is the game's algorithm that people start to treat you a certain way because you're now this outlaw and they're taking it personally that it's like, oh, you know, they they.
Speaker 2: Have relationships with different characters. But as you said, because of the because of what you have done, you can't just go I'll have a relationship with you. It's based on what you have done previously, and so these people then give you approval and you have to literally romance them over hours and hours and hours in this game, and you may really want to romance them, but they won't romance you because of something and you killed everyone in the Emerald Grove as an example. Whatever it might be, but it is. I think it is extraordinary because what I find interesting I think it's similar with Charm. When I've been to conventions, there's an awful lot of people who love a show, particularly around fantasy, and they love Bouldersgate and they love Charmed, and they then find like minded people usually on the Internet, etc. And then they go to these conventions and they're not judged at all. They've got some common knowledge. They're having a conversation. And I think it's quite beautiful that they then create ate this this community around something and so to be, for instance, Charm, to be part of a show where that has happened. And you know, you guys have been to many conventions. You are, in fact going to Florida? Is that right?
Speaker 1: In a week or two we are How do you know this?
Speaker 2: Because I've been googling you because it's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I thought, oh, weekend in Florida, that'll be nice to see you all.
Speaker 3: You should research.
Speaker 5: You, Drew.
Speaker 2: You won't be in your parents' house that weekend. That's true, excellent.
Speaker 1: I love that you keep reminding me of this as if I don't know my reality.
Speaker 3: I love that I don't have to roast Drew this episode because we have Neil, like I just get to sit back and watch.
Speaker 1: I do get to demand. I do get to demand things like I've definitely pulled some stuff from Mike Movies. What was there worth Will Ferrell me?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So Charmed and the community and Boulderscape, all of those fantasy things I think are really special and so to be part of that sort of thing that can help people in their world their interactions, I find staggering. Of course, Charmed with three main female leads within it, which it was quite unusual at that time alone now and I think as this, you know, and the power of three that the I met some fans recently, it just and they're young fans that they're sort of you know, the eighth time round on Prime And I just think it's staggering that something you can do so long ago can still be in people's consciousness and still affect people in that way and bring them together. So I'm really to that. I'm about of that. I know you guys, you know you're a huge part of it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's pretty amazing and nothing that we ever anticipated. So it's just it's a lovely blessing.
Speaker 1: Certainly, is you know something that you said, Uh, this kind of this community that's been built by like mindedness, and that's kind of the beauty of the Internet and social media. Like here's there's a lot of negatives I think to kind of how we've evolved as a society with like social media and stuff like that, but one of the most beautiful things that are these people from around the world coming together bonding over a love of something and feeling like an instant community and family and so much. And we talk about this all the time as like Charmed is people's comfort show, And like a lot of these people who have like now lifelong friends have met via like whether it's online forums or on social media like Instagram, where they kind of get together and they share this and then they meet up around the world and have these experiences and then get to come and meet like various cast members of like whatever show that they or movie that they absolutely love and get to kind of bond and like these lifelong friendships are forged by this. It's really it's It's something awesome to be a part of and something that I think all of us are very aware of and grateful for that. This is we're in that genre that has kind of enabled that community.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I have my own team of Dino's. Like whoever thought you would just have a mascot and it would be a Dino t Rex inflatable one. They have like little motors and stuff and little hands. And to be at these conventions and to see six of them coming at you. I think Drew has chased them once or twice through convention, or they've chased me.
Speaker 2: Because he shouted meat life outaincause I don't need them to make has not started making my breakfast yet, which I'm actually upset about.
Speaker 1: It's eleven, fasting is done, breakfast is due. Wow, Yeah, now you're really interested. I should just go Instagram Live for subscribers and just like have it go twenty four to seven with them. You should have seen us watch Alien last night as a family. It was day and life ridiculous. Just my mom talking through the whole thing, asking questions. My dad coffee through the whole thing, got like you know, like also like on his iPad that's way too bright. And so he's like ruining the movie theater vibe, complaining it's too loud, trying to drown out your coughe chief, that's why we're that's why the volume is so loud.
Speaker 2: Do you ever do this when I'm at home watching stuff? So I constantly pulls it and I pause it and go, so what did they say?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Hang on, what's happening now? Oh? Who's that?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm getting like flashbacks from mine already. Rewind I like that ten second rewind button.
Speaker 1: I bet you do.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, Neil, it was lovely to see you again.
Speaker 2: I haven't finished a story yet.
Speaker 3: What was the story? Which one?
Speaker 4: He said, he doesn't finish the second story, so it must be the second.
Speaker 2: So I haven't done the first one. What was the fellow? The first one was being injected by a doctor.
Speaker 1: Are there are many?
Speaker 2: There are many, so many. The effects are extraordinary. There is one at the end when and I don't know if you remember this Holly where I have the Rattley lantern. Yes, where I put all of your your spells in it. Do you know what is when I when I hold it, it actually rattles.
Speaker 1: I mean it's terrible.
Speaker 2: You should listen to it.
Speaker 1: With the volume.
Speaker 3: We didn't have a lot of money then it was definitely like a swap meat flea market. Find well, it rattled.
Speaker 2: But then you who had the freezing power?
Speaker 3: That would be me?
Speaker 2: Hey, I thought it was you froze me. I then they's then started me on a skateboard with a piece of wood up the back of my trouser leg to hold me still, and they had a fishing wire in the front of the skateboard and they pulled me along. So there's me just standing there like this, I'm going to do it for you, and I'm doing Being pulled on a skateboard sounds about right, yeah, dear. And there was and then this black panther, because it's another power, all of a sudden that Hannah had, this black panther jumped on me. She turned into a black panther and she jumped at you. You put me in front of you and you all ran out the way. And so the black panther landed on me, and they had a black panther on a wooden plinth, a huge wooden plinth, and they put it on me still on the plinth. I don't understand. And I had to wrestle with this panther on a wooden plinth, and I was so embarrassed. When they said die, you'd normally go h. I was so embarrassed. I went and in the back lot they had this big cage, which last time I spoke to you said this didn't happen.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've made it up. There was. I saw someone who looked like me with my floppy hair. Obviously didn't have the accent, but it had the floppy hair. And they were in this cage in my suit and a black panther, real black panther, jumping on them. And they were filming it so that they superimposed a real black panther jumping at this stunt person, and they got rid of the panther on a wooden plinth that I was wrestling with.
Speaker 3: You were jostling.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of.
Speaker 4: Later seeing that, did it make you want to go reshoot your you're dying?
Speaker 2: No? I think that. I don't think it would have been anywhere like well, yeah, you are absolutely right. It should have done. Shouldn't it at all? You think I'd go, Oh, that's what I have to imagine a real black panther. I'm sure that I don't. I don't think I was. I didn't know I was dying until I saw the guy in my wig and my suit with a black panther. Morning it all right, it looks like it's my episode, last episode. Then on my first episode? Did you ever do this when you sort of guest star on something, I'd go around the set and I would bash it to see how wobbly it is, because if it's really wobbly, I think, all right, just one or two episodes and rox Becklund's set, I went in and I gave it a good wobble. It was really solid, and I thought, oh, I'm going to be here for a while.
Speaker 3: Yep, that track, that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: So when you first received guy that got the part, did they it was a block of episodes? Did you know yours going to be the antagonist, the bad guy the whole way?
Speaker 2: I'm British in an American series in the nineteen nineties, so I had a good inkling I was the Baddie.
Speaker 1: Absolutely nothing changes.
Speaker 2: No each I think, I I think I was I wasn't booked. I was just booked, not necessarily episode by episode, but a few episodes at a time. And so then they kept so I didn't know where they were going with it. No, they never shared that information. I knew that you sort of this recurring and the first one in the show and are you good?
Speaker 1: Are you bad?
Speaker 2: But because I didn't know if I was good or bad, I just played Am I good or bad? Because Neil had no idea, which probably gave it some reality.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they've probably had no idea what they were doing behind the scenes either.
Speaker 2: So I heard that episode ten of that series, which was my last one, was there something about I read it online that there was a possibility that they would stop the series at that point, but actually it was very successful, so they continued it. So they sort of had this fault this ending that's sort of faulty in that me being this recurring character die off Brian Leo all of a sudden comes in and saves the day and it's almost this happy little ending in mid season, do you know what I mean? And online it suggests that it was if it wasn't going to do twenty two proper episodes, but that may just be the internet fipping.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we got like they call it, the back nine, right, We got the back nine pick up pretty pretty quickly. So I don't I don't. I don't know if that was the case.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 3: I know in the next episode in ten, that's where Leo and I consummate are oh, whoa whoa situation.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I think I'm not sure. You know, they were always building that plane while it was in the air.
Speaker 5: It's a great term I like to ask, and you see, but we're gonna have the back nine of Charmed.
Speaker 1: There was too much was it?
Speaker 2: Wasn't it around that time where some of the crew disappeared and they got some new crew. They wanted to turn the lights up or something it was too dark.
Speaker 3: No, up, No, that we did have a crew changeover, and they took a surgery that I was having as an opportunity to get rid of all of our old crew and bring in this new crew. So yeah, no, I don't know. It wasn't visually because we always fought for it to visually be darker. Shanon and I wanted it to be as moody as possible, and that's kind of how the show was in the beginning. So but I think actually it was probably the network or Spelling that was like, oh, but the girls should be pretty, and the lighting should be lovely, and they should always be young and fresh, you know, because at that point we were tired, we were getting into those like days in those episodes. That was like we were starting to drag us a little bit, and they didn't want it to be shown on our face for sure, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I remember when I was rattling that that particularly expensive lantern, yes, at three in the morning on a Saturday, because they had run so long, and then you guys were flying around America doing publicity with Jay Leno and stuff, and then you start in the early hours of Monday morning. I mean, you always look fantastic, but I can imagine that you shat it because also of you in ninety five percent of it.
Speaker 3: And that was kind of a Spelling thing too. He always wanted us together, you know, And it wasn't until later we were able to do our own storylines apart, which gave the other people who weren't in that storyline. Sometime some downtime, but yeah, it was there was a lot of cooks in that kitchen.
Speaker 2: Because the first episode from when I remember, isn't there some condom packet on the bedroom floor?
Speaker 1: It was amazing different shows, Rock show.
Speaker 2: No. I remember being on set and there was a condon an open condom packet on the floor in maybe it was in my office. No, there definitely is. In the first episode, unless it's been cut, there was a condom packet on the floor on the carpet near a bed. I've forgotten who was in the bed. And what I was surprised at was it was almost as if it looked like this is going to be something really gritty and dark, right, And as you said then, Holly, that they sort of trying to continue that. But I guess it's quite hard, isn't it, Because you talk about sweat swelling comp I need to get my teeth in spelling and what they're known for. And also you have three beautiful women in the leads that they want to pump up the light of it and make it glossier as opposed to something that actually is a little more grittian and witchy and dirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they were sort of trying to appeal to the advertisers, and you know, and you know, we were finding our footing, you know, for two years at least.
Speaker 1: But it's unfortunate they because the show, like we you know, we had recently just rewatched the pilot episode and it is dark, it's moody, it's rainy, it's that there's a lot of shadow play. And I think that even though that that was niche, it was so appealing and it was so beautiful to look at, like we kind of we I think we all touched on. Like the first couple of episodes were so stunning. So as it got like, let's say, further along and a little bit glossier and a little bit brighter, like I definitely find myself missing that early just at least aesthetic look that was established from the beginning.
Speaker 2: And are you still giving this a point system?
Speaker 1: Uh, we haven't, not this time around.
Speaker 3: We haven't, but people sort of miss it.
Speaker 2: So you were quite harsh, Drew. I thought you you're particularly harsh with your scoring.
Speaker 1: Well, but the episodes that were great really got like high marks, right, Like I'm just not going to just start passing out tens and willy nilly like that you have to be earned, like we're about to we have to dive into this. Uh, the Witch's Back. I loved it, loved We're about episode. It's a great episode. I look at it.
Speaker 3: That's the one, the next episode that you do after you just watched Tyler?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh the next episode?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 2: Is that the one where I pinned them? No, they're pinned. He pins someone up on a wall in the hardware store. Yes, I have a line where I was. I met someone and a fan recently. They wanted me to sign something and they said, I want you to sign this, and it was something like hello, big boy, and I said, Rex, doesn't say that.
Speaker 3: I think you do?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: Don't I something or another?
Speaker 1: Big Boy? What you said?
Speaker 2: Do I remember those scenes? I genuinely do not believe I said that, and I wouldn't believe till till I saw this little clip. But I know that I had libbed quite a lot, and I don't know if that was normal, whether you're allowed to, but I did quite a lot of ad libbing, and I think that was one of them. I think there was one when you said go back to Hell and I said, yes, I'd love to. Darling. The last episode. I think there's also a coup like A. I think I'm trying to coop like A. I don't think I'm cool. I think I sound like a pigeon. I'm supposed to sound like a lion. I go to Hannah, I forgot what the line is, and then I go, ah, I do something. I do something like.
Speaker 3: A that's amazing. No wanting anyone to add lib or go off script, you know. And then just the wheels came off and we were just kind of chugging along doing what we were doing.
Speaker 1: But it worked.
Speaker 3: We did well, Drew.
Speaker 2: I hope that. I hope your lodgers find new accommodation soon and you have a bit more room for yourself.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate it. We're on top of each other here, but this actually might be a great show.
Speaker 2: And remember keep gaming. I am going to join whatever you do. Subscribe to your Instagram so you can earn zero point five.
Speaker 1: Sixteen cents a day. You were contributing to my coffee addiction. Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: And if you could all subscribe to my twitch dot tv slash not Rock Roberts, but Neely Roberts, I'd appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for coming back and chatting with us here. I was a blast. It is really lovely to see you all.
Speaker 3: Happy.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say something else then, but.
Speaker 4: Ten us the story which one.
Speaker 1: Oh Holly, that story about you, Brian.
Speaker 2: Our voices, Brian, in this show, listen to it, we sound like twelve year olds. I don't understand. I don't understand if it's something to do with the compression, because I know we were babies. We weren't. We're more than twelve, but those that's not how we spoke. There's something about the microphones. Even, I mean everyone, all the men in that show on, certainly the first season, have really quite light voices. Yes, that's right. I'm a very bad warlock. True, what's going on? What's going on? The girl's are fine, though, the voices there's a rich of the females. It's the men's voices are really light. It's very strange. And Brian, you have a really beautiful, deep, husky pilot sort of voice.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, whiskey and cigarettes for the last three years helped you.
Speaker 1: Don't burn your mustache now as I had to start the cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Do you have a lit of whiskey on that when you wake up in the morning, you.
Speaker 1: No, that would have been nice.
Speaker 2: Do you find if you try and blow up when you've got a mustache, it's impossible?
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: It's obviously some some some something I do because one thing I noticed when I haven't start is I cannot go because it's stopped to.
Speaker 1: Look at your hair.
Speaker 2: It's not moving way.
Speaker 1: That is wild? What a revelation.
Speaker 2: Why do I know that it's some obviously some twitch I've got twitch dot tv, slash nearly Roberts what.
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's a it's an absolute joy. Uh When you when you start your third time of this, do you remember with me? And I will regale you with all the same stories.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, thank you, appreciate you so.
Speaker 2: Lovely to catch up with you. You take care, huge love, and I appreciate you inviting me on