Speaker 1: Hey, it's brig and Jeffrey in the morning. We got a brand new second date episode for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, but for some time for reflection.
Speaker 1: Reflection, yes, because we got so many comments about the very brand new episode, very first time ever.
Speaker 2: Alexis asks you out very awkward last week. But thank you guys so much. Your comments are so nice.
Speaker 3: I was reading all of them and I was like, oh, I just wanted to expecting you guys are so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yes, Ady said, Alexis, You're a freaking amazing I would one percent let you ask my next day out.
Speaker 3: That's what you took from that, Okay, Wayney said, finally, my girl, Alexis has her time to shine, not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: This might be my favorite part of the show from now on, Love from poland Oh you want more?
Speaker 4: Oh No?
Speaker 1: And then Libby said I really needed a good laugh today and Alexis did that for me.
Speaker 2: The beginning was cringe. Yeah, but you recovered it pretty well. Really, I'm glad you did that. Didn't you see one about how fast you take?
Speaker 3: Yes, Chantelle said, I normally say to your show on one point five speed because you talked too slow. But Alexis's new segment is the first time, I could slow it down to one time's normal speed, so we're on the same wavelength.
Speaker 2: That's really funny.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for all the it got over seriously comments on the No, you guys are so nice.
Speaker 2: Thank you, even though I know you were.
Speaker 3: You know, it was the awkwardness most of you let you know you like, yeah, I'm still recovering, but your comments help.
Speaker 2: All right, We're going to get to a brand new second date update right now. Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second date updates.
Speaker 4: A popular influencer on Instagram recently got millions of views for a ten second clip where she said she has a theory that the more attractive you get, the less likely you are to get a boyfriend or a girlfriend, and if you're a nine or a ten, you're basically cooked and are never going to be able to lock anyone down.
Speaker 2: I can actually see this. My best friend was stunning.
Speaker 4: You don't have to talk about me like I'm not in the room.
Speaker 1: And people are intimidated by her and they thought she was me, but she wasn't. She was just shy and hot, like it's not a you know, it's a hard combination to live with.
Speaker 4: But also she's rare because a lot of them are mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well.
Speaker 4: They've earned that right because they're so hot. And I wonder if our listener, Tammy, who's on the phone right now, would agree with that, since she's actually the one who sent me that clip. So, Tammy, you believe that?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I sent that to you because I agree with it and I feel like it applies to me right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're the you're the hot girl having a hard time in.
Speaker 2: The dating world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I've been told them I'm a nine or ten. But if I am that attractive and you're that attractive, then chances are you also already have like a very small group of people who are in your league at all. So the chances of them, like, like, you have no chance.
Speaker 2: You have no chance.
Speaker 1: If you're really hot, there's not very many other hot people to date, and you don't want to date down.
Speaker 2: Is that what I'm hearing? Yeah, it's if you're looking for equal in numbers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, And like I used to be nice, I used to be too nice.
Speaker 4: Okay what we just said, I was like.
Speaker 2: Fast tense for.
Speaker 4: You, But all the terrible men out there obviously couldn't meet up to your nice standards, so you had to get mean.
Speaker 5: Like after a while, you teach the sixes and sevens and oh sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what you said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you teach them enough about themselves, like I was. I was being ratified by like helping out guys that morning my league, like when I was younger, you know. And then it's like self improvement. And when you feel like you're finally finding yourself on a new level, like your world opens up. There are like levels of nines and tens, you find yourself and you're like, I made it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: Not fully following all of this. I'm going to be honest with you.
Speaker 4: I'm fully with you. By the way, Tammy, I'm like, our brains are connected.
Speaker 2: Can we get to your date that you're calling us about?
Speaker 4: I want to talk about this more. But okay, I guess you've met a guy though, that has matched your standards you're holding for yourself. What's his name?
Speaker 5: Yes, his name's Tucker.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: And I didn't even know I had this standard, honestly, because I have never seen his moves before.
Speaker 6: His moves, his moves, like.
Speaker 5: The moves he put on me were like, I mean, they were like eleven moves.
Speaker 2: He reached around and put his arm.
Speaker 4: That's a four screen. Tell us about Tucker. How you guys met and what his moves were?
Speaker 5: Too hot? We met off the app okay, yeah, and first we got drinks. It was good drinks, and then we watched the sunset and then after that we saw a band that his friends were in. But like it was the sunset moves?
Speaker 2: What were the sunset moves? What do you do?
Speaker 5: So here's what he does. He has like a little backpack. He pulls out two notebooks and he gave me a notebook and he was like, let's journal Oh wow, deep?
Speaker 1: Why did I want him to pull out champagne for you?
Speaker 4: Are you're not impressed with that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm all for journaling on your free time, not on a date.
Speaker 5: You liked the journal moves, Okay, it seemed corny, but like, first of all, there weren't a lot of other people around, so I was like a little more kind of natural. And then like I don't know, it just turned out nice. Like you know, we weren't even talking.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I don't understand, Like if this was all great like, the drinks were great, the attractive level was great.
Speaker 2: You guys connected.
Speaker 1: On a deeper like why wouldn't he be calling you back?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I know. Well then we went to see the band, so that kind of like changed it up, like we didn't really get to live in that moment, Like, yeah, we could have gone back to his place, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If he asked you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, if we could have jouraled at his house too, Like, I don't know, it's like a good buffer.
Speaker 1: So you didn't you didn't enjoy the band experience to end the night.
Speaker 5: Well she knew then, but I didn't, so I kind of just like and I had just had a really intense experience with him, and then it's like like we weren't able to to connect on that level that we had reached. So like we were there for maybe forty five minutes. Oh and then he just walked me to my car, but he gave me a kiss.
Speaker 2: Oh oh god.
Speaker 4: It was a nice kiss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it was like it didn't say much, but it wasn't like an experience. It wasn't like it was warm, like the lips are where the magic happens, you know, Yes, that's.
Speaker 4: A line for your journal for sure. Okay, So what's happened since that night?
Speaker 5: He isn't getting back to me, Like I only know who he is through the app and that's infuriating too. It was like we aren't connected on social so I don't know if he just like isn't using the app anymore. Like I'm telling you he's Prince Charming.
Speaker 2: Wait, you're saying that.
Speaker 1: You can't find him online anywhere?
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I can't find him on mind, so I can't stalk him and see someone in his life and like, yeah, like he gave me his phone number, but I don't know I think he I don't think he forgot about me. But like, I mean he's winning a life, so like.
Speaker 4: Maybe no, he's not winning. He's not winning at life because he doesn't have you in it, right right right? Yeah, I'm not write that down journal.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's a great move.
Speaker 1: That is myself Anyway, I'm disappointed in Tucker because you shouldn't be the one that's seeking him out.
Speaker 4: He should be seeking you out as the nine and ten to like fulfill his part of his life. Okay, I'm gonna scratch that one out of the journal. That one's not good. That's okay, but we're gonna make sure that it hits right. When we come back, we'll call Tucker and ask him why he's not calling back the most gorgeous girl he's ever matched with on the dating app.
Speaker 2: Hey, we don't know that she has to.
Speaker 4: Be just she's talking. Anyway, We'll come back and do it right after this.
Speaker 3: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, Second date updates.
Speaker 4: Why does God punish all the extremely attractive women of this world?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Confused?
Speaker 4: I don't know, jeff I know all the fours and fives are listening to this right now. Thanks. I feel so bad for the nines and tents. They have it so hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is really the definition of empathy.
Speaker 4: Yes, I never thought pretty privilege could be this dark. Is there a go fund me for these poor women? What can I do to help? If you're thinking that, here's what you can do. Text into seven eight, five, nine to two and cheer on our listener. Tammy, a self described hottie with all of the looks and personality to offer, but no man on earth who can handle her.
Speaker 1: I feel like you should start a nonprofit where we adopt one.
Speaker 4: We really should. The only guy who maybe can come close is Tucker, a good looking dude who took her to an area to watch the sun set and busted out some journals so they could write down their feelings together.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool because you were really concentrated on people's looks for a minute there. But then the activity that you liked was really deep and thoughtful.
Speaker 2: So good for you.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't take responsibility for the journal idea, you know, but I did say yes to it.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, but it's a thing that you liked.
Speaker 5: I mean, I will use it if he doesn't. If he really doesn't like me, then I will use it with someone else.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the.
Speaker 4: Worst case scenario. Assuming Tucker would say no, I don't know why he would to another chance to go out with you, well, a gorgeous woman the sunset with they journaled like it sounds like on his end, it was a great night.
Speaker 5: You guys are making me want to call him. Can you just call him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, God, I wish we could FaceTime though, because I don't want to.
Speaker 4: See this guy's She suffered long enough, let's get this over with and hopefully get Tucker on the phone.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey is this Tucker?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey man, this is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up? Good morning, Hey Tucker.
Speaker 6: That was just mid workout. Is this important?
Speaker 1: What is this about?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Yeah, so I don't mean to like get in the way of your hot and sweaty right now. Yeah, early morning works for putting that image in my head. Listen, Tucker, We'll try not to waste too much of your time because I know you've got important body sculpting to do. But this is called a second date update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out with recently, a lovely woman named Tammy. Oh okay, okay, do you remember her?
Speaker 6: Yeah? What is this about? Why are you guys calling me out Tammy?
Speaker 4: Because Tammy's a little bit confused. She thought the two of you had a nice time together, but since then you haven't been reaching out for another meetup.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, to be honest, I was a little turned off.
Speaker 4: What really, I mean? Can you tell us at what point you were turned off during the night, Because we heard it and it sounded pretty good start to finish.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure what she told you about what happened during our date, but.
Speaker 4: I mean, we can give you a quick recap. There was a sunset, there was journaling, there was a concert. There was yeah, and your friends were like in the band or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, So we were at the concert and you know, we got drinks and I went to go look at my journal and reflect, you know, and she was gone. She went to the bathroom. So at that point I went and looked at my journal. Okay, and I guess they switched, so I pulled out hers instead.
Speaker 4: Oh so you accidentally grabbed hers?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I opened it up and I just started reading.
Speaker 1: Oh oh she wouldn't you open it up and then be like, oh, that's not mine.
Speaker 2: I should close.
Speaker 1: That isn't the whole point of journaling to share like unedited, uninterrupted thoughts that no one would ever hear.
Speaker 4: Well maybe he didn't realize those weren't his thoughts until he was. He's like, damn, my poetic.
Speaker 2: It seems like such a each of privacy.
Speaker 4: Man, Well, what about reading it was a turnoff?
Speaker 6: Well, after I got a couple of sentences in I kind of realized it was just all over the place and it was all just about attractiveness nine tens. It was kind of shallow she was.
Speaker 2: But she was writing that stuff down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was writting all that kind of stuff down. And there was nothing about like the ocean or the sunset or like peace, which is one of my journaling is all about.
Speaker 2: I know, but I mean, give her a break. You just sprung it on earth. She also didn't think anybody would ever see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what I'm trying to figure out what about her not doing that? Like why is that a red flag? Or why was that a turnof to you?
Speaker 6: Well, because she was sort of writing about how he's a nine, I'm a nine, and we should just end the concert and then just ask him to come to his place.
Speaker 1: Oh, she was writing out exactly what she told him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was like dream boarding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I think I just think I need someone deeper or on my level and in terms of how they act, and it just seemed pretty shallow at the end of.
Speaker 7: The day, I'm gonna say, journal did she loved that exercise and that was the thing that attracted her to you the most, Like I feel like that speaks to what her priorities are.
Speaker 4: Hey, Broke, don't speak for her. Tammy can speak for herself, because Tucker, you should know she's actually on the other line listening to this call, waiting to talk to you, not going to be happy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's kind of like reading your journal, but just out loud there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just kind of stunned at what a creep you are.
Speaker 4: Apparently, I'm assuming that's about Tucker and not Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, who who micromanages someone's journal entries.
Speaker 6: Someone with a personality I would.
Speaker 5: Maybe Awker does.
Speaker 2: This is evolving quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said it was an accident. He didn't mean to pick up your journal.
Speaker 2: He just oh, and he didn't mean to read Sten a little bit.
Speaker 4: Music was going, the brain wasn't braining. You know.
Speaker 6: You know you could have read my journal. It is much deeper. You would have loved it.
Speaker 4: Well, were you talking about?
Speaker 2: I mean, now's the chance for you to share the entry that you wrote. You haven't hear you?
Speaker 6: I do, I do.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we want to go down this path. Honestly, He's like, she's a nine, I'm a jed sunset red. I mean, you're kidding, bro it sounds like Tucker feels like Tammy. You came off as being really shallow and only interested in his looks surface level.
Speaker 2: Is that fair?
Speaker 5: I mean, first of all, I don't think you can judge much about me from like ten minutes of just writing whatever. That's like shallow. And then you kept both like, what do you have a big stack of women's journals back at your flop house?
Speaker 2: Wait? He took your journals?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just put them in his backpack. I thought, you know, that's again, this is why I thought that, like we were going to have a little like I want.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, once I read that journal, I realized I shouldn't have wasted any more paper on you, and.
Speaker 5: I, Oh, it wasn't even a new journal. It already had pages ripped out of the front.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you've done this to other women. You have them right down their thoughts and then you judge them on it. Take the journal.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, now you're sounding kind of shallow. Yeah, Tucker, how dare you have standards for the type of women that you want to date?
Speaker 6: Apparently apparently you think I'm a nine So I don't do this, Shue. That's all you were writing about.
Speaker 5: Anyways, Well, I think weird nines. Weird nines, you know. I mean, I'm willing to go I'm willing to look past them, honestly.
Speaker 2: What oh what?
Speaker 4: Wait, even though he betrayed you and read all of your personal thoughts.
Speaker 1: And just said all those terrible things, well okay, but like you know, I'm sorry, Tucker.
Speaker 5: Ear muff I do you know about bros like they need some help?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I can hear his six back through the phone right now.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 5: He's literally at them right he said, we're literally pumping iron right now.
Speaker 2: That's the girl. I do not want a project, no matter how hot it is.
Speaker 5: Speak for yourself.
Speaker 2: Gee, you we're going to be a project either way. Might as well be hot.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know that's a good porn God. You know that twenty five year old Brook would be all over Tucker right now.
Speaker 2: Oh I dated hot and dumb.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so let Tammy do the same, all right.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm a little offended here that you guys are making fun of me and Connie dumb. No I bought two journals.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brook, do you want to apologize.
Speaker 2: Not one but you know what. You're right, Yeah, that is a sign of intelligence.
Speaker 4: So now that we're finally all on the same page and the other ones have been ripped out, let's just ask nice Tucker, would you be willing to give Tammy a second chance here and go out on another date with her?
Speaker 5: Come on, let's get some food. We didn't even get a good meal before the last thing.
Speaker 4: Bro, you must be so hot, Tucker, he is all about it.
Speaker 6: Man. You know I'm gonna have to pass. What with that money that you would have paid for the date. I think you should buy Tammy a notebook and she can do some journaling, hopefully a little bit better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tucker, we're not as deep as you, Bro. There's no way we'd be able to pull it off. I feel like journals.
Speaker 6: You guys should try it. It does a lot for the soul.
Speaker 1: Okay, I try writing or try reading somebody else's.
Speaker 6: Little of this, little of that.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, hey, Tucker, we appreciate you being on with us. You can go back to working out and making that body perfect.
Speaker 2: And Tammy, you dodged a hot bullet, you really did.
Speaker 5: I wanted that hot bullet so.
Speaker 4: Bad, all right, got the next line for my journal.
Speaker 5: Well and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Man, I respect a woman who goes after what she wants and ignores all the glaring red flags because she puts herself and her feelings first. You know, you want what you can't have.
Speaker 1: Jo I believed her at first when it was hard for her to date, but then after hearing this, I'm like, girls, because what you're picket?
Speaker 2: You just did this to yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she didn't mind it. She had no shame saying she did not want to dodge that hot bullet.
Speaker 2: At least it was all on the table for her. Yeah, it just didn't work out this time.
Speaker 4: I hope we'll hear back from both of them in an update.
Speaker 2: Update I do, didn't he say? No.
Speaker 4: I think it'll turn around. Oh, you'll reread her journal and see like, actually we are meant for each other. Maybe the journal he reads because it felt like a trick almost. Maybe I'm holding on to hope. Maybe that's stupid of me. But if you've missed any Second Dates in the last few months, go ahead and find us on Apple and Spotify wherever you get your podcasts, and binge us until your heart's content.
Speaker 2: Hey, grate us a nine, or be honest and give us a five.