Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Caddy.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong, and Jackie and he Armstrong and Caddy Strong.
Speaker 3: So it's graduation season, and particularly around colleges, it's the time of the year where self important liberals get invited to major universities to give speeches and then the media covers them like a news event because they're saying the sort of thing that most of the media agrees with. That's what happens well described. There are you know, people who lean right that go to colleges that lean right, the few that are, but they never make get any news coverage, so you don't hear about them, including the president instance. But here Joe mentioned this last week, I've seen this starting to burble up and get more attention. Where was which university? Was he speaking at North Carolina Wake Forest? Wake Forest in South Carolina, Carolina? I thought Wake Force was South Carolina and not unless it's moved, Okay, it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: It's you know, it's it's your your it's your major figure of the left giving a lefty speech. But he went over the top and one of the reasons it's so remarkable is he's on one of the most important news programs in the world, Sixty Minutes, which allegedly is trying to be you know, a nonpartisan, hit it down the middle sort of coverage, or at the very least fair, just be fair, and a guy with this point of view can't be doing that. This is Scott Pelley speaking to college graduates.
Speaker 4: Power can rewrite history with grotesque, false narratives. They can make criminals heroes and heroes criminals. Power can change the definition of the words we use to describe reality. Diversity is now described as illegal, Equity is to be shunned.
Speaker 2: Inclusion is a dirty word.
Speaker 4: This is an old playbook, my friends, there's nothing new in this.
Speaker 5: We have another clip that I'm tempted to play. It's all about the fear, be very afraid, We're all in grave danger. Goes on and on, But that one really caught my ear because he claimed that the center and the right are trying to change the defaults of words, or say that they're no longer acceptable diversity, equity, and inclusion, which we all know exactly what they mean, and we all know they're wonderful. Those sickos on the right are trying to change what they mean, which is just unbelievable. Diversity, equity, and inclusion coming out of the mouths of a leftists mean nothing like you think they mean. It is a tool of capturing institutions.
Speaker 2: Right man.
Speaker 3: The left is so good at this game, and they get to pull it off with the help of the complying to media. It's like what I was listening to an on NPR today. They were discussing how Trump is trying to change the way we teach history in America and all the things he's attacking. Well, you put it in there. What do y'all lead within the last ten years? What they teach in schools is not the same as what they taught in schools when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: You put stuff in there that a lot of us don't like.
Speaker 3: When Trump tries to take it out, that's not rewriting history. You rewrote history. He's trying to write it back to what it was before. Sixty minutes anchor Scott Pelly ripped for angry, unhinged commencement speech criticizing Trump. Now, that's the New York Post's headline on that. Their version of it but angry and unhinged is not far off. He said that the uh we should all be worried about the insidious sphere that has infiltrated schools, businesses, and homes across the nation, leaving America in a state of peril. The country needs you. The country that has given you so much is calling you, the class of twenty twenty five. Your country needs you, and it needs you today the morning. Our sacred rule of law. This morning, our sacred rule of law is under attack. Journalism is under attack, universities are under attack, freedom of speech is under attack, and insidious fear is reaching throughout the schools and into our private thoughts. All right, boy, that is just absolutely classic. You spend all of your time and your career convincing people they need to be terrified, when there's like two thirds of the country that's not at all, I mean, from mildly concerned to very interested. But no, we're not being torn apart by insidious.
Speaker 2: Fear at all.
Speaker 3: Scott, and the part right before that little clip about power that we just played you the fear to speak in America. If our government is in Lincoln's phrase, of the people, by the people, for the people.
Speaker 2: Then why are we afraid to speak? What the effort you talk about? Don't know?
Speaker 3: I assume he's referencing that Columbia student that got snatched up on the campus and that you were literally speaking about how you're afraid to speak. Do you see the irony there, Scott? Do I see the irony there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Now, the New York Post says the speech was received with scattered, scant applause.
Speaker 2: That's the New York Post version. I don't know. I haven't actually listened.
Speaker 3: They might say that, and that might not be true, or it may be true, and it might be because everybody's barely paying attention and they just want to get out of there on a hot day. How long is this going to last? As opposed to not enjoying what he had to say, but that that is, that is that is just craziness. It is just craziness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love the It reminds me so much of when Komy braced the president so then he could lake that leak that the president has.
Speaker 2: Been briefed on this Steele dossier.
Speaker 5: Well, so Scott Pelley and his brethren preached being terrified and in fear all the time, and then he goes to the graduation ceremony and breathlessly reports and everybody's really afraid. There's fear, in citious fear going on. Yeah, I wonder where that in citious fear came from. It's the roughly third of the country that listens to you and beliefs your crap. Don't don't terrify them, then report that they're terrified and act as.
Speaker 2: If somebody else did it.
Speaker 3: Well, And as he stands up in front of a bunch of university kids and said, now is the moment your nation is calling on you.
Speaker 2: With all the fear to speak out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fear to speak out for the past quite a while has been from anybody to the right on any college campus because you'll be a physically attacked and the university will do nothing about it. As long as you as long as you speak progressive stuff, you're safe. You speak anything the other side, you're physically not safe. But you didn't care about that fear to speak out aspect, did you, Scott Pelly?
Speaker 2: You Pampus asked, not for a second, did you worry about that?
Speaker 5: And just to double down on what you're saying, And it wasn't like the right half of ideology that was afraid to speak out.
Speaker 2: It was the right eighty percent.
Speaker 5: Anything outside of the most radical leftism had to keep its mouth shut on college campuses. And now Scott Pelley's preaching that people are afraid to speak out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, he is a piece of ass.
Speaker 3: Freedom of speech is under attack, and insidious fear is reaching throughout our school, our businesses, our homes, and into our private thoughts.
Speaker 2: What are you hands show a hans who's.
Speaker 5: Got insidious fear going in their business because they're afraid to speak or whatever. Now, maybe the tariffs have got you upset. I'll grant you that. Well, I'll tell you what that is. I'll tell you what that's driving that is. He believes diversity, equity and quality inequality means diversity, equity, inequality, that they mean those words, inclusion mean those words and not what they've twisted them to mean. And it's so that's what he's basing it on. So he is the useful idiot. He is the big, famous, pompous, useful idiot who doesn't understand neomarxism. He just he thinks it's a moral ark. Well, I'll move on from this because we don't need to belabor it forever. But do you think do you think he doesn't know that college campuses are not a safe space? I hate that term for anybody to you know, on the right eighty percent? As you said, right, Yeah, does he not ignore us?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't think he's a knowledgeable, insidious activist. I think he is a pompous, rich, famous idiot, probably with big guns. Oh hey, tight shirts. Your shirt shrank in the dryer or something. It's very tight, very impressive for an older man. I'm very impressive for an older man. Yes, you pompous pos.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: See Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite Simpsons character? Here's might be progressive economist Robert Reisch.
Speaker 2: Wait what.
Speaker 6: The decline of unions, rampant corporate greed, Wall Street mouthpeesians, and the rise of short sighted politics all contributed to increased economic inequality, widespread real unemployment wage, that nation had a lower standard of living for millions of Americans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's from the most recent episode of The Simpsons, which I understand. I mean they've thrown in random people over the years and kind of funny ways. Oh my god, it's so and so. But this was part of an overall episode in which they were explaining on how the middle classes getting screwed has gone away back in the fifties. I mean they even they talk about this. Well, I don't want to steal all of this. Here's a little bit of Alisa Simpson talking about it.
Speaker 7: All right, thanks for the history lesson nerds, But what.
Speaker 2: Does any of this have to do with me?
Speaker 8: You see, my dad's still working and I want to be just like him.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sure you do.
Speaker 4: There's something else you need to learn, and my friend here is happy to teach you.
Speaker 2: Ough you for.
Speaker 7: Days, you've been dying to say something, Just spill it.
Speaker 2: You want to count like that? Too bad?
Speaker 7: So sad they'll never had the life of flaming ant.
Speaker 6: What can he do that a robot can't do that nuclear plant?
Speaker 9: Yo?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: I need is a foot in.
Speaker 7: The door, and I'll take dance job, winning down the boarding car job usday man needs a PhD. Walk Kingston comes leaves you and poverty. Don't clean your car, gosy house, no hot Dennis, good fire, stay at homes pass You're done a feuchery Coolerance sage, and you'll still have to choose between health care and rent.
Speaker 2: We'll probably just buy a play station six. You're my day pass. Don't read by your skateboard.
Speaker 8: You'll grow up.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's enough.
Speaker 3: You'll still have to choose between healthcare and rent. From The Simpsons, Wow, talking about how they get into it. I remember that song or some other part of the episode. A lot of it's a musical about out in the fifties. You could have a house and and uh and raise kids and go to college and do all the things you wanted on one salary, and now everybody has to work and you can't get ahead and blah blah blah blah blah. And then Robert Reich comes on. He was the Obama's economic guy in Clinton's and he's a super lefty anyway, he'd seriously be.
Speaker 2: More comfortable in Venezuela in the United States.
Speaker 3: Actually had all these charts that they were using on The Simpsons about how wages haven't increased, of course, completely leaving out the transfer payments of taxpayer money that are included.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah, that sort of stuff. I don't want to get off on that.
Speaker 3: It's just unbelievable that the Simpsons did an episode that was like practically void of humor and just about economics all from one side. And then at the end, and if you already saw the episode, you know this. At the end of the janitor character who's trying to explain how awful America is in the incoming equality to Bart says, Bart says, basically, what can anybody do at this point? All we can do is burn it down. Bart says, cool, and he gets out his lighter and he goes to start a fire, and the janitor says, no, that's a metaphor.
Speaker 2: I mean burn the system down. And that's the end of the show.
Speaker 3: Wow, the Simpsons, the Services burned the system down the end.
Speaker 2: Holy crap. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: Jeesus, I'd say that, wow, Wow, Wow. I felt like the politic The Simpsons were mostly non political for most.
Speaker 2: Of their years.
Speaker 3: Then there was some you know, like you're gonna get out of anything on TV, you know, some of this or that. But I mean, they made as many jokes about Bill Clinton certainly as they made about George Bush way back in the day. But this this was just I mean, it was beyond anything I've ever seen on any supposed entertainment show. Ever. Wow, I've got to watch that. Is it possible? I mean putting us at how outrageous and dishonest it is. And you know again, I'd like to get off on the economic arguments because they're almost entirely false. But The Simpsons has already been has always been written from the point of view of like, if there's a continuum of like radical Marxist to ultra conservative, their writers have always been like thirty three percent like liberal but moderate, sane liberal, sure, which is what I expect out of all my sitcums.
Speaker 5: Misfit Hollywood types who write jokes for living right. Is it possible that a third of the way on the continuum is now ultra woke, neo Marxist because of the hard swing left of the left.
Speaker 3: I was watching this episode with my kids, which they didn't find entertaining at all.
Speaker 2: They wanted to turn it off.
Speaker 3: Because it just wasn't interesting to them a bunch of economic statistics, but.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking, the writers must have decided, you know what we have, We have the power to get this message out and let's let's let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's take one episode and do it.
Speaker 3: That's all I could think, because they seem to a banded in the idea of.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 3: The show was a car certainment, entertainment of cartoon sitcom.
Speaker 2: Really weird though.
Speaker 3: And to the point of burning down the system is the only thing you can.
Speaker 2: Do neo Marxism. Wow.
Speaker 5: Well that the producers in Brass had to approve that too. I mean, the executive producers are aware of what the episodes are, or at least the you know, the producers.
Speaker 3: These are such weird times. And why it's so ridiculous by the way that people tag the Fox Television network with the same view that they have about Sean Hannity.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on Fox News. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's so many like obvious truths that we talk about on this show that you almost never hear anywhere else. In the top five or ten is certainly that yes, those wonderful manufacturing jobs where you could wander out of high school across the street to the Ford Motor Plant or whatever, make a nice middle class income by a house, a car in the suburbs.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah, real with your frist. Europe was decimated by World War Two and wasn't manufacturing anything but buildings, so they would have roofs over their heads. And in Asia was to a large extent either pre industrial or decimated by.
Speaker 2: World War Two. So yes, we made the cars and the toasters of the world.
Speaker 3: Everybody else was rolling around in rubble trying to find their loved ones who died. That's close to word to word what I said to my kids on a unfortunate Saturday afternoon for them when they just wanted to watch The Simpsons, because I was explaining that to him, and I also said it the whole you used to be able to have a house in a car and send your kids at college on one income. I said, you know those houses were looking at because we're looking at houses that are way too small for us.
Speaker 2: That's the size house everybody.
Speaker 3: Used to live in on their one income, and everybody, including the family I grew up in, had one car, so it.
Speaker 2: Was quite different light style.
Speaker 3: Well, in the idea of country X, exporting toasters around the globe was utterly impractical for various logistical reasons.
Speaker 2: Now it's quite practical.
Speaker 3: You could have a big giant toaster plant in India and cell your toasters around the world in a way that was never possible in the fifties and sixties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really interesting.
Speaker 3: It's the most it's the name of the episode is called Poorhouse Rock.
Speaker 2: I think it's the most recent episode that the Simpsons have put out. Well, not very funny. The Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, your Joe podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 8: In Los Angeles police breaking up crowns what appears.
Speaker 2: To be the police called Leslieth, but.
Speaker 8: The large majority of the more than two thousand nationwide so called no Kings events taking place without incident.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, it's great, that's true.
Speaker 3: But that was a fair amount of Mayhem that you just played for us, you know what I'm reminding you, kind of YadA YadA YadA, the Mayhem.
Speaker 5: Right exactly Mayhem and these eleven cities, But mostly it was peaceful. It reminds me very much of the discussion, particularly about a decade ago, about moderate Muslims.
Speaker 3: Well, no, sixty seven percent of Muslims don't want to kill all the Jews and infidels and take over the world. Well, those folks are irrelevant to the discussion. There are plenty who do want to do all those horrible, unspeakable things and or set fire to cities and bash cops heads in plenty.
Speaker 2: That's who we're talking about. Right.
Speaker 3: If I'm a cop and that one guy has thrown chunks of cement at my head, I'm really interested in that, dude, even if there are a thousand people over there peaceful.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: Right, two major things happened, and then we will discuss. Because you're busy with your life and your weekend, you shouldn't even know this because you're in normal person and you had summertime stuff to do, which I actually did do. But Trump Friday ordered immigration customs enforcement better known as ICE officers. On Friday, he ordered them to stop conducting raids and arrests on farms, restaurants, and hotels agricultural meatpacking plants. Several news outlets reported the decision reportedly came directly from the President. Our great farmers and people in the hotel and leisure business have been stating that our very aggressive policy and immigration is taking very good, longtime workers away from him. Those whose job as being almost impossible to replace. This is one of those deals where Trump comments on the news of the day like he's.
Speaker 2: A bystander, right, which is interesting.
Speaker 3: But so you know, the conversation had turned late in the week last week toward you rounded up all the people. You're showing up at farms and rounding up people have been there for years? Is that what we want to do? Blah blah blah blah blah. Okay, fine, so there's that. We'll get back to that in a second. But then yesterday Trump in like a tolstoying length tweet from this from his outlet thingy, and I'll just read one sentence of it because it's very, very very long. ICE officers are herewith ordered by notice of this truth.
Speaker 2: So I like that the policy comes out this way.
Speaker 3: ICE officers are here with ordered by notice of this truth, to do all in their power to achieve the very important goal of delivering the single largest mass deportation program in history.
Speaker 2: And then he goes through all kinds of details and everything.
Speaker 5: What's your gut reaction to those two announcements. I do kind of like the quasi constitutional verbiage of by here by declare according to my article seven powers under truth social anyway.
Speaker 2: Sorry, So what's your gut reaction of the ab there? I don't know. Well, I.
Speaker 3: Have one go ahead, I have an overarching theme about all of this, But I don't I don't know. I don't know what was going on with why he reacted the way he did Friday, And was he backing off that yesterday or is he is?
Speaker 2: I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 5: A The announcement about hey, we're backing off farms and hotels and restaurants and meat packing plants and the rest of it. In short, workplace raise was a realistic reaction to huge sectors of the economy saying whoa WHOA. B was talking to the base, the hardcore, deport everybody base and Stephen Miller that part of the administration saying hey, I'm still on your team.
Speaker 2: I still got your back.
Speaker 3: So was one was behind the scenes and one was more pr So I heard something damn interesting over the week in that I think.
Speaker 2: Is true, so I will repeat it here.
Speaker 3: Sarah Isger of the Dispatch who she has been involved in several presidential campaigns and understands issue polling about as well as anybody, And I love the way She's always described that issue polling is practically worthless for all kinds of different reasons.
Speaker 2: But they were.
Speaker 3: Discussing the polls showing, you know, maybe some softening in people's enthusiasm for booting everybody out or that sort of thing, and she made the point, and I think this is absolutely true when it comes down to it, at the end of the day, you get around to a predictionally specifically the next presidential election, nobody's gonna care about the methods that were used and the crying mom whose kid just came here to go to school or whatever the hell. They're just gonna see somebody did something about ilegal immigration and we have way fewer legal immigrants the end, I'm happy with that.
Speaker 2: The whole process part will be lost. Nobody will remember that.
Speaker 3: This gets to what we were talking about last week of If you go through historically, there's almost no examples of big, giant Democratic Democrat demonstrations and revolts and things like this, whether it's rioting or peaceful process whatever.
Speaker 2: Working to their benefit politically.
Speaker 3: There's like no example of that, including when Nixon's guard shot a bunch of students on a college campus in nineteen seventy and the left went wild, and songs were written and movies were made, and Nixon won forty nine states two years later. Because people don't like Mayhem. They want it put down. The individual methods would would pull horribly if you had pulled that. Do you think National Guard troops should shoot constants? I mean, like ninety eight to zero. You know, of course everybody hates that, but I'm gonna vote for the guy who did it because i want order, right, right, boy.
Speaker 5: I have a very funny joke, but it's it hints at political violence, and now is not the time, so I'll pass on that. But the other principle I think it work here is that the further you go directionally in the right direction, like from wide open borders with TDA and MS thirteen gang members flooding the country, Chinese nationals, militant Muslims, God knows how long it'll take to reckon with how many really dangerous people Joe Biden let into this country.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the further we.
Speaker 5: Get from that, the more I think the American people are willing to discuss the subtleties, like when the Biden when the Biden border was wide open, everybody's like ship them out, every single legal every single order to ship them out, because it was such a crisis, it was such a disaster where we were. We've moved the ball way down the field now much further directionally toward control of the borders and adherence to the law, and so willing to say, Okay, let's talk about the law abiding worker who's been here for ten years.
Speaker 2: So on that when you get down to that.
Speaker 3: So why Friday Trump announced, Hey, I think guys should be kicking out farm workers and people in restaurants. It's just really interesting for Trump to say that. But I do think you're right, that is an economic decision. I don't think it was a political decision, because I think there's still enough people on the side of illegals have got to.
Speaker 2: Go, and you know why, because that's the law.
Speaker 3: I took in so much media coverage in Los Angeles while I was driving through LA on Saturday with all the protests going on and cops everywhere and lots of roads closed off and there it was fine, nothing really happened. There was such a giant police presence and National Guard presence that things never really got out of hand. But as listening to various other talk stations, not KABC where we work, Nobody presented it from the side of you know, the current law is you can't be here illegally. Doesn't matter if you're a law biting nice guy who everybody likes your kids at the high school.
Speaker 2: The law doesn't say that.
Speaker 3: So if you want the law to say, if you're a nice guy and everybody likes your kids at the high school, you don't have to go, then write that law. But for now, you either have to be for enforcing federal law or not. And if we're gonna decide that now we don't enforce federal law, Okay, what other federal law should we not enforce? If we're gonna go to start with taxes, please just throwing it out there. I can come up with several specific tax codes I'd like to do away with. If we're just gonna decide, you know what, we don't really need to enforce federal law. How is that not the nut of the conversation? You know, that's funny.
Speaker 5: I almost wish I'd spouted what I was thinking and then you could have answered with that, because I was about to express the other side of it, which is we've sent the message in a hundred different ways. Come to the country, get your paperwork, get a job, open a bank account. You can even buy a house, and nobody's gonna do anything about it. But a sort of call it wishy washiness about enforcing the law. Some would just call it realism.
Speaker 3: But that yields a situation where there's no pressure to do what you were yelling about, to actually reform the law and then enforce it, which is I mean, it seems stupid to have to say this out loud. Having laws and then enforcing them is the way a system like ours should work. All the news coverage you take in from the mainstream media or left leaning media seems to work from an assumption that we're just not going to follow federal law on this.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have nobody does, nobody wants to.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have all kinds of workarounds and carbouts and stuff that's all against federal law. Well, you can't operate like that, obviously.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that there aren't.
Speaker 3: There isn't more of an effort to, you know, vote for Jim Jones for Congress because he believes this should be the law.
Speaker 2: Around immigration.
Speaker 3: Right, I get a Congress that wants to pass laws and say, you know what, if you've been here for ten years and you've come into no crimes and everybody lecture kids at the high school, we're not kicking you out, and you get these workpapers, you become a citizen or whatever, we're gonna do. Pay a fine if you like whatever. Sure, yeah, yeah, I would agree. And that was the point I was trying to make.
Speaker 5: I feel like we've moved directionally far enough in the correct, the right direction that now people are willing to have that conversation in a productive way. But I would suggest to my conservative brethren there will never be probably a better time than now to get a great deal. We've got both houses barely and the White House. Now is the time to pass serious immigration law. I'm not going to use I'm not going to use the cre comprehensive immaci R. I'm not going to use these are phrase because it is so you know, stinky in many people's noses. But we need serious reform of our immigration laws and then enforce the damn things. I mean, it's again, it's so obvious. I feel like I'm moron even saying it, But here we are incredible that it never came up. I don't know how many hours of.
Speaker 3: Coverage I took in of talk radio on various stations in Los Angeles and it never came up. You know, they are here illegally. I mean, by federal law, they should go. I don't care how nice a guy you are or how long you've been here. By federal law, you should have to go. That is as a starting place.
Speaker 2: Of course, yes, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Nobody mentions that. All right, here's your final bitterly cynical note. At least for me, if you were to assemble the top one hundred Democrat fundraisers and top one hundred Republican fundraisers in an arena and said, all right, show a hands, true or falls, it would be a disaster. If serious immigration reform passed for you raising money, every hand in the place would shut up, but shoot up.
Speaker 2: That's the worst thing that could happen.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe one way to force Congress to actually move would be to just start following the law. Maybe that'd be one way to get Congress to move, and and Trump should just say, over and over again, I'm following the law. You're always complaining about me being a dictator and not following the law.
Speaker 5: This is the law. What a beautiful idea. You ought to be in charge. You're the new chief of staff. Congratulations, you'll be missed around here The.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, more Jack your Joe podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 1: And Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: I guarantee I'm not the only person who's had this happen.
Speaker 3: They recommend that if hiring, well, practically anybody really, but I'm hiring sitters in a college town tends to be college girls. Everybody recommends check their social media to try to get an idea, you know, whether or not you you know, you check their references, you check their social media, that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has happened.
Speaker 3: Multiple times where I'm hiring the college girl I meet or she comes to my house dressed in normal clothes and everything like that, like a normal person. And they and in this case they've turned out to be incredibly responsible, great everything you'd want sitters.
Speaker 2: But I go to the social media and I see them in.
Speaker 3: Ways that I don't need to know that is there there should be I don't know how you would do this.
Speaker 2: There should be some sort of social media.
Speaker 3: This is for the people who want to hire me social media for the people that want to date me. This is my social media, and there should be two different versions. I don't like to see you in a thong bikini with your back toward me bent over in the pool, and then I have to agree with you.
Speaker 2: Sorry, do you have those links? Joe stupid? Don't do that. I'm not criticizing it. That's fine.
Speaker 3: You're a twenty one year old girl. That's what you're supposed to do with your life and whatever. I guess No, showing.
Speaker 2: Your naked ass is what you're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 10: The fah, I have been a twenty one year old girl and did not do that.
Speaker 3: Well, some do, some don't, but again I'm not judging that at all. Incredibly responsible and professionally dressed at my house. I only know this because I went to the social media, but that's what they recommend, and there was nothing on there that was like a red flag in terms of wanting to hire them or whatever, and all the reference was good and they've been good, so I have no complaints. OK, It's just I feel weird that I've seen your ass just words me out that's on you, that says you've said that sounds like you prom I think.
Speaker 2: This would make it more comfortable. Just casually bring it up in conversations. So what about that picture? Yeah, confront them with pictures. Yeah, I'd be like, so what is this? Where were you? And why this is a Hey that looks like a really cool beach. Where is that that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the way I do it. That's the way I do it. That lamp, that lamp over there, Do you have any idea where I would get that, because that's a cool lamp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would fit in beautifully. Here you can see like an inch of the beach. It's just all ask was that this sand looks very nice and solid. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Not everybody goes that far, but it's fairly common though. I mean, I've had quite a few sitters over the last five years. It's pretty damn common. Certainly a bikini shot that's almost guaranteed, almost guaranteed you're gonna see them in a bikini, And well, I.
Speaker 2: Find that weird.
Speaker 3: My dad never saw any of We had like two babysitters my whole life. But I guarantee them. My dad never saw pictures of them in a bikini.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I have been on beaches, both coasts, various lakes, Tahoe, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's sort.
Speaker 5: Of where the tiny bikini, the butt floss whatever.
Speaker 2: Is fairly common. Oh yeah, I wouldn't make a big deal of that.
Speaker 3: I didn't, and I'm not. I just think it's weird that I've seen this. I wish there was a way I could not.
Speaker 10: I think wearing the bikini versus taking a photo of yourself in it and putting it on the internet is two very different.
Speaker 3: We have, Katie, let me let me step in here, please, We have a society that overvalues the woman's physical form, and so young women get the idea that that's an important measure of their womanhood. And if they happen to be like what's the term, crazy hot and in the best shape they'll ever be in in their lives, they might want to, you know, display that little.
Speaker 2: You're blaming the patriarchy, I am. I am quite quite so.
Speaker 10: Yes, Yeah, yeah, I mean I'd like you'll see it overthrown guilty as charged. There may be a bikini or two photos out there of you. Yeah, but I was twenty one and I'm never gonna look like that again.
Speaker 2: So exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, like I said, I'm not condemning it. It just seems like, well, it's an interaction that didn't used to exist, but between employer employee when it comes to hiring a sitter, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I have another question.
Speaker 10: Is it a photo with intention to be provocative? Or is this just like she was on the beach with her friends.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're I'd say it's more of the latter than the former. You can't help but be provocative. If you're hot in a pong Yeah, I mean, it's just no matter what you're doing provoking disease. You could be pilling out your taxes. It's still kind of provocative. Actually, that's double hot to me. Wait a minute, you look like that and you're good at doing taxes. Here's a ring.
Speaker 2: Just think about it.
Speaker 3: Quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 5: The answer is easy, friends, Just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 3: It's the podcast version of the broadcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 2: Download it now.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty on demand, Armstrong and Getty