Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you about the Chamber for Entrepreneurs. What is the inboarding process? Like, let's say, okay, I'm an entreprecause the point of the Chamber of Commerce is a networking organization, right, Like you get to go to meetings and you get to meet other people in different areas. So let's say I'm in banking, right, I get to meet somebody who's in insurance, I get to meet somebody who's in investing. I get to meet So now me as a finance that's how That's why I used to go because as a financial advisor, you're these chamber they like had like it was like local chambers, and they have meetings and they only let like one person in per industry and at that meeting at like the local chamber level, so it like one insurance guy, one investing guy, one CPA, and then you all kind of network with each other. Okay, I'll give you clients, you give me clients opportunities and stuff like that. So what's the onboarding process for entrepreneurs to get into a chamber commerce and what's best practices for them to get the best results out of the chamber.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean you're ready a good point.
Speaker 5: I mean I think there's a value if you're a local business to being connected to that local chamber. These are all three different levels of membership and engagement. Same with the state chamber. I mean, if you're really trying to do business statewide in a given state, I would suggest you really should be involved in the state Chamber of.
Speaker 4: Commerce where you live.
Speaker 5: But if you really want to do business, you know, think of US again as the national organization that's engaging corporations that are that's engaging opportunities.
Speaker 4: Are broad across across the world. Then the US Chamber is a place that you should think about membership.
Speaker 5: And you can go to each of these I mean, go to US Chamber dot com and I think there's a link there that can direct you to one of our membership officers, and you know, and it's based on what your interests are, they'll talk with you, you know, are you interested in tech, are you interested in exporting?
Speaker 4: Are you interested in cyber uh? Uh?
Speaker 5: You know, they'll talk with you about your revenue and your broke strategy and trying to make sure that your experience as a member is rewarding and beneficial uh for you as a member company. But again I can't under I just can't emphasize the value of the ability to meet individuals, to meet companies, to meet global leaders. You know, give you an example of a brother whose name you would recognize, Isaiah Thomas, who's a very different I'm talking about the old Isaiah.
Speaker 4: The younger one or the older one. Okay, man, you know people don't know about Zeke.
Speaker 5: I only uses as an example, but uh uh, you know he has everything from Sharland Champagne.
Speaker 4: He's in real estate, but.
Speaker 5: He's also doing business, a lot of business in the country of Colombia.
Speaker 4: And so I brought him in.
Speaker 5: He's a member of the Chamber, he's a member of the International Division. He's now had a pleasure to meet with the President of Columbia and get to know all of those government officials and other private sector partners who are good for his business in Columbia. And so my point in saying that, and there are others, but I only use use him as an example, is you know, you have to think about what you.
Speaker 4: Want from these organizations.
Speaker 5: And they're more organizations that you can be member have a membership in, but I think you need to think about what you want in return and the value of a membership and being in the Chamber to help you reach your business goals.
Speaker 3: And I just want to just real quick because I just want to hammle this point down because so as a business owner, you're up against a lot to be successful. As a black business owner, you're up against even more to be successful.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So we talk about networking and relationships and stuff like that a lot, but people don't like, how do I what does that mean? How do I build relationships? How do I get in front of the right people? So this is something that you know. This is like you said, there's other organizations, but the Chain of Commerce is one organization as a business owner that you can actually join and now you can actually go to different events and like you said, you get what you put into it, right. So if you join and you're just a ghost member you never do anything, then you're not gonna get anything out of it. But if you're active and maybe you work your way up the ranks, right and you meet this person, meet that person, you have to put yourself in positions to win. So this is something that's extremely beneficial for entrepreneurs to build their network and to meet people and to cultivate relationships because ultimately that's gonna get you into the next door. So I just wanted to kind of handle that point home for people that might not fully understand the importance of it. That's that's the reason why an organization like the chain of commerce is important, and why you, as a business owner, should be looking at any type of organization that you can to be active to add value, to meet people, to you know, be a treasurer or whatever you can be to kind of move up the ranks, because ultimately that's only gonna end up helping you.
Speaker 6: Ernests, what's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member fdi C.
Speaker 1: An illegal ali from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: Really quick.
Speaker 7: I know we talk all the time about even valuable for all of you, like if they were to join Chamber of Commerce this month, Like what are some things that can do to actually be valuable to the members and the organization there? Because I think we hear it as a buzz phrase, but I don't know if many people have a framework to actually be helpful valuable. What would you do if you're starting a new business and you joined, what would be like the first three things you would try to do to give the most value to the members members there.
Speaker 5: You mean to give a value to the business the new member who's joining the chamber, or for them to give value to the you chamber.
Speaker 4: Because those are two different questions.
Speaker 7: Nod to give value to the Chamber, because I think you have to give first in order to be able to receive.
Speaker 4: That's right, Listen, brother.
Speaker 5: One of the things that in ternally giving value to the Chamber that we have to be smart and do more of is show up in these policy commercations. I mean, I tested found capital here all the time, and in fact them there this week meeting with the Congression Black Caucus, and we don't have enough of us who's showing up on the policy side of this work again, And I would argue because you know, oftentimes, you know, I'm looking for us to show up, and Johnny beg folks to come in and meet with the White House on some of these regulatory policies, on tax issues and things that shape how successful we are or not. On international trade, agreements. Again, I don't know that we've been exposed to that, but we need more of us to show up in these rooms that literally I watch it.
Speaker 4: I mean I've done a lot. This has been my career.
Speaker 5: These rooms, whether it's in on Capitol Hill or in your state legislatures and committees, this is where you can be made or you can be broken because this is where the policy is made, the regulations are advanced and promulgated that shape business success in America, and so we need more people to sh show up. That's how you can contribute in helping the chamber. And certainly the work that I do is being a part of that dialogue, taking time to understand the issues that affect your company on the political the policy side, and also how that extends into the politics, because our vote matters when we can align our vote with our economic challenges and our economic opportunities. I don't know that we actually are candidates and elected officials the right questions and so even on the political side, which you know, again I come from as well, you know, we got to really advance an agenda and be a part of the agenda that supports the growth of black businesses and our economic opportunity and closing as wealth gap.
Speaker 4: So we got to show up.
Speaker 6: So I just want to stay right there for the regulation and policies because I mean being part of the commerce. The future of work is changing, right, and so if we look at the landscape, I wonder how you guys view it or how you're addressing the changes that are coming from technology. Are you viewing as an opportunity or is it more of a detriment to say, like we need to be careful and need to have security around the future of work in regards to AI generitor of AI automation, how is the commerce see in.
Speaker 5: This Well, I mean, obviously I mean AI and technology, and in terms of the future work is an extremely important issue the private sector generally, and it's viewed more of an asset than a liability. But I think for for African Americans in particular, and the research has proven we have to be really concerned about the impact of AI and technology in displacing workers.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: That means we got to think about do we have the skills to compete for these technology driven jobs of the future, And that means rethinking even the curriculums from K through twelve to HBCUs and preparing our young workforce for these jobs that are going to be at a minimum automated or technology types of jobs. I don't know what won't be driven by technology. And one of the areas that I'm focused on that as you think about this, you know the millions of people without jobs and millions of jobs without people.
Speaker 4: It's second chance hiring. I'm doing a lot around that.
Speaker 5: How do we get those who've been formally concrated back into our workforce. So that's a big priority within my department at the Chamber, whether it's the policies or or getting more companies to make commitments to give people a second or a third or fourth chance. In this case, I mean, just because you had a A A A A A A conviction and a mine of crime ought not prevent you from getting the job, especially in the time when again there are millions of jobs without people and millions of people without jobs. So workforce is a big issue, but the technology pieces front and we have to be a part of that in terms of making you have the skills to be compete for those jobs.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,