Speaker 1: Hi baby, Hi, Hello, Look did you like the glasses. Let's face, I know I talk about your glasses, which are fashioning.
Speaker 2: About my glasses? Yeah, Jay, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't need glasses, so they're not they have no sort yet yet, I know with forty five forty five. My dad just had his ninety first birthday yesterday and he does not wear glasses all the time.
Speaker 1: Wow, ninety one. Yeah, that's impressive. Yeah, that is very impressive.
Speaker 3: He's so he's walking around without cane. Now, he's got on some new medsine. He's killing it and he gave up using the cane. Couse. He's like, I'm fine, right, yeah, No, he's gonna be out there pulling weeds in no time.
Speaker 1: You are, your dad, Like you get injured, keep going. You know, you have to fix things. It's fine, hotel rooms, you got to fix the TV. You need a project, a flesh wound.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but anyway, Uh, what were we talking about.
Speaker 1: We're talking about glasses, how you don't need you don't need them.
Speaker 2: But then it was just glaring.
Speaker 3: I put these on when I don't feel like, uh doing anything with my face, you know what I mean? Because they're kind of they're like, oh, look, it's kind of cute, but it doesn't look like my eyelash extensions have all fallen out and I have no makeup on, which is what's actually happening.
Speaker 2: You look great?
Speaker 1: You should you know, you should get her your Stephanie Tanner glasses, the hors Waldo you should.
Speaker 2: Waldos bringing them back? Yeah, oh man, that was a look. I should.
Speaker 3: I should wear those for Halloween. My hair up in a in a little side pony.
Speaker 2: We should dress as our characters and.
Speaker 3: Stupid?
Speaker 2: Can you dress up as each other's characters?
Speaker 3: I have some cos we're like, oh buddy, oh.
Speaker 2: This might be uh.
Speaker 3: This might be the continuation of our bridesmaids dresses. Secredity, you know, yes, because we're going to do still waiting, so we better start planning.
Speaker 2: I've gotta find uh wadle glasses.
Speaker 1: We gotta find Waldo glasses. We gotta find like I have I have.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Where the bacon and bacon, bacon and egg scarf? Okay scarves?
Speaker 1: So yeah, and it would be a hit or a miss, like either people would know exactly who we are or they'd be like, who are these forty women right? Training?
Speaker 2: Without children, just uh, we have.
Speaker 3: The I don't know, the reverse Benjamin Button disease or whatever it is. You know what I mean. We're Yeah, we're it's we're we're childlike on the inside.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I don't know. I mean maybe right, that's true.
Speaker 3: Someone's gonna go, oh my god, is this Stephanie and Kimmy dressed as Kimmy and Stephanie like or someone will be like, get off my lawn.
Speaker 2: We're calling the cops. Get off the lawn. Yes, you know what, It'll be fun either way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you make and we're dressed as each other for Halloween and have to answer questions, that'll make it even better.
Speaker 2: Oh, that'll make the news.
Speaker 3: Like me, like want to tell you right now, I'm running and I'm saying I'm Andrew Barber.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I know how to forge your signature, like I have copies of your signature.
Speaker 2: On the file.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I never thought about that. Yeah, I forge your signature anytime because I have a digital copy.
Speaker 3: You know. Got some ideas for that. Yeah, I don't think we could use that to our advantage anyway. I think we may have hatched some sort of a ridiculous sygea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we've done Thanksgiving with the turkey. That's true, hand the turkeys, yep, in the thing in the thing in the bucket, in the.
Speaker 2: Cavity of the bird.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we drew lots of things from that cavity.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And then uh, now we can tackle Halloween.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll think of something else for Christmas, for Hankah. You know, we can just hit all the holidays. Just be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's oh Arbor Day. I'm dressing as a tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can be a little acorn. It'll be really cute.
Speaker 1: It would be super cute because I'm shorter than you, so I would just hang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just hang y.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We're coming up with outfits for the entire year.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we need something to do. Let me something to do. Yeah, let's get a little this little she was asleep. This is we're calling her little. We don't know.
Speaker 3: For those of you that are just listening, which is everyone, she's holding up a small little white dog.
Speaker 2: But not she's cogsplane holly.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is a stray that we found a few days ago. Actually, there were a lot of dogs dumped in my neighborhood. And we know this because we have like a neighborhood Facebook page that makes me sound sold. But like most neighborhoods, we have a Facebook page. And so Michael was on it and he's like, you know what, there's been a lot of lost dogs postage today, just in like the last three hours. And so we counted five dogs that were dumped around the same area one day, and not all the neighbors can keep the dogs, so we offered to foster one of them.
Speaker 3: And wait, wait, is someone out there stealing dogs and then dumping them?
Speaker 1: I'm confused, like a puppy mill or a but where are the lost dogs? She was? She was well she was lost or she's lost or astray.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the.
Speaker 3: Well lost and applies that someone is looking for her. I don't think so. She doesn't have a ship straight she was? I thought people were like putting up signs of lost dogs. And then all of a sudden, these dogs were reappearing at another location like they'd been abducted for some sort of strange thing and then brought back but just dumped.
Speaker 1: I was confused, No, no, no, okayse were these were well? The neighbors were posting about lost dogs, thinking maybe they do have an owner, but we quickly thought that they.
Speaker 3: Were posting like did anybody anyone dogs and dogs?
Speaker 2: I lost a dog?
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks Facebook. This is why this way we should never use Facebook. It's very confusing.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's it's it's the old it's the old, it's the old way.
Speaker 2: Facebook's noom, We were cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how you keep in touch with all your high school friends. Anyways, so yes, people were posting did anyone lose a dog? And then Michael was like, put two and two together, like all these dogs look the same. All of them are very matted and dirty and uncared for. And so yeah, so we took in this little one that we're calling little. She's mostly a terrier, but she's got some poodle in her. We think she's a low rider. So she's got those short legs and the long body.
Speaker 2: Little Oh so she maybe got some docks in dinner. Yeah, I think so. I don't really know, but yeah, the vet. We took her to the vet.
Speaker 1: She got her shots. So she's just some health issues that we're gonna try to resolve. And then and then we'll try to find a good family for her, so mate me keep her.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, I'm looking at you right now.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, well I'm gonna go out.
Speaker 2: On a limb here and say you already found it. But that's I know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's too it's Michael and I like it's too soon, Like it's just too soon.
Speaker 2: We haven't well, but we're covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is a nice I feel like, uh, Holly sent you a little friend to just keep your company for a little bit, to kind of.
Speaker 2: Just to feel my heart a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she yeah, she's part poodle, part terrier, and Michael's soul dog, Hank rest in peace.
Speaker 2: He was a terrier.
Speaker 1: Like She's like yeah, Holly, yeah, So like is that a sign?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she came a little showed up to just be like okay, okay.
Speaker 2: She's so sweet. She is so sweet. She's she really is. She's like holding aunt.
Speaker 3: She nuzzled In's neck and one little paw is like wrapped around Andrea's arm.
Speaker 2: It's doable.
Speaker 1: She's very she's very cuddly for like a stray dog that was abused. I thought she does. She is afraid of men though, Like she barked at Tate. She growled at Tate, and I thought it was just Tate. I'm like, yeah, you can make se go uneasy sometimes. But she barked at some other males too. With Michael, she's fine. But that's surprising because Michael is tall. I know, I thought she'd be afraid of him. But maybe because he was there when we picked her up, and yeah, maybe she feels a little more attached.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyways, Yeah, so we have little for a little We have little for a little bit, okay, until she gets hurt.
Speaker 2: She's got to get more shots.
Speaker 1: And and she needs to be spade because she's not straight. So we'll do we'll take care of all that and we'll see where we are. But I'm like, after all that, don't you get we'd be fostered for a few days. But it's like, no, you got to get them faster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you get.
Speaker 1: For like at least a month or a couple of months. And so I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm going to be attached.
Speaker 3: To the dog.
Speaker 2: Like that's like I'm fostering a dog.
Speaker 3: I'm like, the how do you how do you return it?
Speaker 2: I count. I mean, I gonna be like.
Speaker 3: Now this this goes off, I just I would stuck at it. I would have seventeen hundred dogs. I know, I know, heaven just s mothered and puppies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yes, But anyways, I will keep you updated on Little's progress here. And meanwhile, she's going to be in our studio audience right here on my lap. Very different than Holly, who would hide in corners all the time.
Speaker 2: We'll see if.
Speaker 3: She's hiding and more getting stuck. She's like her little heart, you know, I don't think, Yeah, I don't think. She was like, I'm gonna go hide in a corner. She was like, I think I'm in a corner and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Now I can't get out, I can't see, I can't I've.
Speaker 3: Gotten in a corner and I can't get out. Yeah, she needs like a little light. She needed a little life alert.
Speaker 1: Know. Yes, we'll see how Little does today if she gets stuck, or she might she's a furnace right now, I need to turn on my air conditioning. But yeah, we'll see how she does. It might be a disaster, or it might be super easy. She might just nap the whole time.
Speaker 3: I mean she seems quite sweet and pleasant and mellow, so I think I think you looked out. She wants to be in your lap, which is a good sign. You know, she's not tearing around the house trying to eat it.
Speaker 1: No, she's not eating my tax returns. She's not tearing things up, so she's Yeah, so far, so good.
Speaker 2: I mean, tax returns needs.
Speaker 3: Government doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I'm not if I get a parking ticket.
Speaker 3: I'm not paying a parking ticket right now.
Speaker 2: Government, who's keeping track?
Speaker 1: I don't know, like over.
Speaker 3: Said, make me yeah, no I'm not pain Yeah, sixty three dollars No, sorry, I mean I.
Speaker 4: Know that's to the city or the state or whatever, but I just on principle, Yeah, some principle like yeah, let.
Speaker 3: The dog eat your tax returns, the valet, Yeah, sorry, the dog ate my tax returns.
Speaker 1: It's your solid excuse with the I R s. Sorry, my dog ate my.
Speaker 2: Tax right right.
Speaker 3: And you'd think that they would probably be you know, like electronic by now, but no, now they're just a wash in the paper.
Speaker 2: I'm sure still oh yeah, yea.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so much waste, so much waste. How do we go from really lovely little dogs to taxes.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let's but let's segue out.
Speaker 3: Let's get speaking of taxes.
Speaker 2: Uh, no taxes, T A X E S taxes. Oh yeah, there.
Speaker 3: You go, but not the kind of taxes that Joey has talked about before. When referencing check Jesse, I almost said Jackie and Bessie. When Jackie and Bessie want to be alone?
Speaker 1: Uh, are they going to do their taxes every night?
Speaker 2: Jackie and Bessie?
Speaker 3: Jackie and Bessie sounds like like someone that would live in in Uh, probably Becky's hometown somewhere.
Speaker 2: Bessie that Bessie. Yeah, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Okay, anyways, welcome back to how rut Tannerto.
Speaker 2: It's a struggle.
Speaker 1: I'm on the struggle bus today, guys, I haven't slept.
Speaker 2: I've been up with the foster dog every night.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Welcome back to how ruttan Rito's I am the very distracted Andrea Barber and I.
Speaker 3: Am the completely focused as always Jody Sweetened.
Speaker 1: Today we're discussing season five, episode seventeen, Spellbound. It originally aired January twenty eighth, nineteen ninety two, and it goes a little something like this. Stephanie challenges the winner of the school spelling contest to a one on one competition. Meanwhile, Michelle wants to learn to read.
Speaker 2: All right, very shel t He's notice, like really been paying attention to her. Guys, Can I can I read? Please? Yeah?
Speaker 1: She's halfway through kindergarten? Teacher, are there, babycas? I was a little concerned. Okay, well, yeah, I get there. In ninety two, I think that was a little more normal to not know how to read, even during kindergarten. But now I feel like you have to know how to read at least basic sentences or phonics.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since I've had a kindergartener.
Speaker 3: Too, so changed again.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 1: This episode was directed by Joels Wick. It was written by Dennis Frinstler and Mark Warren, and we have two guest stars this week. Philip Levine returns as Mister Lowry. We last saw him in Season five, Episode one, Double Trouble, as Stephanie's teacher. This is the guy that retired from acting to teach English and drama in high school in Santa Barbara, and then he went back to acting again, so oh okay, back, Yeah, amazing, He's fantastic. And then we have Jared Leong as Davy Chu and this is his only credit, He's only TV credit.
Speaker 2: So he gets very good again right and left.
Speaker 1: Ye honestly, he had such a big role in this episode. I thought I'm sure he would have done a lot of guest appearances. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now he was like, this is my one and only. I'm done. I never want to do this yea, never ever again.
Speaker 1: I never want to spell mnemonic or sasparilla right ever again?
Speaker 2: Oh god? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so we start with the teaser.
Speaker 1: In the girls room, DJ is reading a bedtime story to Michelle and she has picked Cat in the Hat by Doctor Seuss.
Speaker 2: Doctor seys Oh yes, Soyce, I'm just kidding. I'm not gonna be I'm not gonna be an idiot on it, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Just I'm gonna say Seuss just so people write in and say, like, why can't Andrew pronounce doctor Seuss.
Speaker 3: It's the fun thing of going. It's because you're wrong and you get to respond to every email, every single one of them.
Speaker 2: Let me sign me up please.
Speaker 1: So as soon as DJ reads the title aloud, Michelle curiously asks, excuse me, why is the called cat in the hat? DJ answers, because it wouldn't have the same ring to it if it was cat in the vest.
Speaker 2: It's not the same.
Speaker 1: Michelle nods, very interesting, and DJ proceeds to tell the story The sun did not shine, and Michelle quickly interrupts her again, excuse me, how come the sun didn't shine? DJ shrugs because it was raining, and Michelle nods again, very very interesting. DJ continues, it was too wet to play, so we sat in the house all that cold, cold, wet day. Michelle cuts her off yet again and asks, excuse me, what day of the week was it. DJ gives her a knowing smile. You're asking me questions after every sentence, so I'll be reading you this story for the next two hours and you'll never go to sleep. You're pretty smart, Michelle. Michelle is beaming and she admits you're pretty smart too. They both laugh and they get into a tickle fight.
Speaker 3: I do miss the days of reading the kids to sleep.
Speaker 2: I know me too.
Speaker 1: That was like my favorite part of the day, right. I don't know if it was their favorite part of the day, but it was my favorite.
Speaker 3: No, we're definitely not going to sleep, probably not, but yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't like going to sleep.
Speaker 1: We cut to the opening credits and I am low key bummed because my skip button on Hulu is no longer. It's no longer there, like I can't. I can't skip through the intros either.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's a I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why, but it was there like a few episodes ago or in previously.
Speaker 3: I could yeah previous seasons, but I feel like maybe season five.
Speaker 2: I haven't been able to yeah in season five, just like the last.
Speaker 3: That was when they were like, you are gonna listen to this damn song you like it or not?
Speaker 1: Right, Prederick is gonna get a credit a royal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. I think that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you though? The other day.
Speaker 3: It popped into my head that this is I never get the theme song stuck in my head. It for once in the shower, I was there and I could not stop singing the stupid house, oh house, same song in my head.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: I said, you know this, I get weird songs stuck in my head.
Speaker 2: I used to for like a week.
Speaker 3: I texted you about all the weird things that just pop in my head and then I can't make them shut up. This was one of them, and I literally in the gower went, oh my god, this has never happened, and I really wish it would stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's that's a but it was like that.
Speaker 1: We'll get a very small snippet over and over again for days. For days, I can get stuck in your head.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I blame this podcast because normally we don't talk about full house or think about full shows.
Speaker 3: But now I'm gonna I'm gonna go further than that and blame Hulu because everything was fine last season and yeah yeah, now that.
Speaker 2: Watched it, can't can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Hulu, Come on, Hulu, bring back the skip button. We need it for our sanity. Right.
Speaker 2: So next we're in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Jesse has made some freshly baked gingerbread cookies and he's showing them off to the twins. He wafts the smell towards them and jokes times like this, I bet you guys wish you had teeth, huh. And then Danny, Becky and Joey walk in from work and notice all of the gingerbread that he has made. Jesse proudly shows off his creations, which include a gingerbread person resembling each member of the family. Is it Christmas time, No, it's it's the end of January. I wrote that as a note, like, why is he baking gingerbread cookies?
Speaker 3: I thought, yeah, I was January, and then I looked around. I was like, there's a lack of Christmas decorations, but it is Christmas is over, but he's still I think we said it was in January.
Speaker 1: Right, you had your broat episode.
Speaker 3: Right, right, So we've got to assume this is, yeah, January February, as okay.
Speaker 1: Did he have some like brown sugar that was starting to harden and molasses that was going bad? And so he's like, let me just whip up some gingerbread. Yeah, and he use up these ingredients. Yeah, it's probably it's let's.
Speaker 3: Go with that.
Speaker 1: So Jesse calls Becky's gingerbread woman a fox. Danny's gingerbread Man has an ab normally large nose that Bob then pulls off the.
Speaker 3: Cookie and then and then Laurie laughs a genuine laugh, like you hear her, like sort of that laugh, not a very like lady like Becky laugh and yeah, that was Laurie actually laughing, because I don't think Bob was supposed to snap it off.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm wondering if Bob even knew.
Speaker 1: He looked like a little bitter or something like, why are you making fun of my nose? So I wonder if he didn't. He wasn't expecting the nose to be long on the gingerbread guy, and so he just plucked it right off and threw it. And I feel like that whole thing was improvised. Yeah right, I'm going Yeah, it was very funny. It was super funny. And then Joey's gingerbread man is bold, so Joey asks, why is there no hair on my gingerbread man? And Jesse admits, oh, sorry, I used the last bit of frosting for my hair. He holds up his gingerbread man and sure enough, there is a huge glob of black frosting covering the head.
Speaker 3: That feels like Season one Jesse hair. That was very mulilary Season one. Well, and he had the leather vest on in the leather pant like black leather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a throwback cookie. It was a throwback cookie. Yeah, it was Jesse's looked the best out of all of them.
Speaker 2: That was very accurate. Just gotta say so.
Speaker 1: Danny Flatley states, you better get a record deal real soon. Again again another one, another one had a tour. Joey has an idea. I need a song to introduce cartoons on the Ranger joe show. I need something snappy. Mister Woodchuck joins the conversation, because, of course, Joey's still carrying his puppets.
Speaker 3: Literally, he walks in with it, the puppet on his hand, and he's getting things out of the fridge. And all I can think is God, that easier if you didn't have the puppet on your hand.
Speaker 1: Put him down, put him down on the kitchen table or the island, anything, put him away.
Speaker 2: They're coming home, weren't they? Yeah, from calling home from work. So did he drive with the puppet? Did the did the one?
Speaker 3: Did the puppet hold the steering wheel with its teeth at ten and then with.
Speaker 2: His human hand at two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: And so mister Woodchuck's just driving like that, like just with the steering wheel because he apparently can't take it off, doesn't have a stand right, wouldn't leave it at the studio.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't live at the studio. He comes home with Joey every night.
Speaker 3: So they obviously don't have a music department.
Speaker 1: There's nobody else in San Francisco except the budgets. The budgets were very limited, and so joe he had to just bring him home. And this is Joey's therapist. We decided that that's right.
Speaker 3: We decided it's like Joey's proxy, like it's his it's the way he can tell me copes.
Speaker 1: So he copes with his lack of storylines on this show and his lack of love life. So mister Woodchuck joins this conversation and gets all up in Jesse's face.
Speaker 2: Would you do it? Would you do it? Would you? Would you?
Speaker 1: Jesse snarls at the puppet before saying, Joey, I don't do snappy, and Danny points out you get paid a royalty every time they play your song, and Jesse quickly changes his tone, call me mister snappy. Then DJ Steffan Shall walk in from school. Stephanie's trying to grab her family's attention, but they're all talking over each other at once. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, like every like with so many people living in this house, like they would be talking, take each.
Speaker 3: Other in conversation, very politely. No one speaks over each other. We wait, they're a very polite family.
Speaker 2: It was so choring.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, this is what a normal full house would be, people talking or separate conversations.
Speaker 2: Yet the same time, yeah about it. That's you know, that's what normal would be.
Speaker 1: But here we are, oh full house. So through all the noise, we hear Stephanie say, I've got big news. I've got big, big news. And when no one pays her any attention, she takes matters into her own hands. She stands up on a chair and lets out a loud whistle.
Speaker 2: I so wish I could actually do that with it. So that was dubbed in. That wasn't gotten. I can't whistle. You can't whistle. I can't. I can't blow air through my she just suck in.
Speaker 3: But that even then, it's not good, Okay, Yeah, No, I definitely can't do like the.
Speaker 1: Carney whistle with like your fingers. I can't do the Carney whistle either, Barbara.
Speaker 2: Cameron, can I remember, oh, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's right, she's an expert, expert whistlebloworioes yes. So everyone snaps their heads towards Steph at once, and she nods thank you. As I was saying, I have big, big news. I'm talking large, I'm talking huge, I'm talking massively, gigundo and Michelle impatiently states, you're talking too much. What is it? Steph proudly announces you're looking at the spelling bee champion of mister Lowry's fourth grade class. Everyone applauds her on this huge accomplishment, but immediately after, Danny asks her to step off the chair because she's getting the seat cushion dirty. She obliges, but excitedly tells them there's more news this Friday. She's in the finals for the best speller in fourth grade.
Speaker 2: Danny is ecstatic.
Speaker 1: He notes, if you make the best in school, you could go on to the city and then the state, and.
Speaker 2: Then you could become the national champion.
Speaker 1: Danny's really just living out all of his dreams through Danny.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he was, he was.
Speaker 3: We've established he was a very young dad, so he didn't really get a chance.
Speaker 1: To No, he didn't get to so olds or you know Jason after Dreams.
Speaker 3: I think we figured out he's like, what nineteen when he has DJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because in that first season he turns. He turns thirty in DJ's ten.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, a mere nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, barely do we talk about the teenage father Danny?
Speaker 2: Right right? But hey, yeah, it was it was a different time, I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a time when a nineteen year old could buy a gigantic house in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Gotta looks fiction got all of the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, So Danny gets wide eyed and he realizes we could all meet the president. So finally Steph brings him back to reality. Calm down, I'm never gonna beat Davy Choo. He's the smartest kid in school. They call him the human Dictionary. Danny lends some words of encouragement, Well, if you want to be a winner, you got to think like a winner, and Joey chimes in, using his gruff manly voice. Listen up, Human Dictionary. Stephanie Tanner is gonna tear you vowel from vowel, then eat your consonants for luncher and he flexes. Steph joins it on the fun and copies Joey's deep voice. You're right, Davy Choo, prepared to be polarized. And then.
Speaker 2: He's it's good, it's good.
Speaker 1: You're making fun of me, not making fun of you.
Speaker 2: It was hilarious because it.
Speaker 3: Was it was No, it was hilarious in a good way, not making fun of you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know I have a tickle in my throat.
Speaker 1: This is what you get people like it's you get what you get and get upset. So yes, you casually spell out pulverized and DJ laughs, tell Stephanie that she's going to do great, and Jesse adds, Yeah, you've been reading since you were four? Go ahead, what you've been reading since you were what three?
Speaker 3: This is a little before my fourth birthday. I was starting to like be able to pick up basic books and read him.
Speaker 1: So, yes, No, I know this used to be a flex for you.
Speaker 2: Maybe not so much anymore.
Speaker 3: I just I just I feel I don't know, I always feel word being like so I was a baby genius.
Speaker 2: No, like you know what I mean like about it?
Speaker 3: Not for that, you know what people I have learned to read before I was four years old. Now Here we go, Here we celebrate early, and I still read voraciously. Oh, I like that's I spent three hours yesterday just reading in my hammock and it was great.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds it sounds delightful.
Speaker 1: So Michelle decides to make this about herself naturally well, she says, Hey, I'm five, how come I can't read?
Speaker 2: Well, we're all asking that question. I don't know. You come, Michelle, what's wrong with you? Buy here some books?
Speaker 1: Becky tries to console her. Well, not everyone starts to read at the same age. I'm sure you'll be able to read very soon.
Speaker 2: Someone will bother to teach you.
Speaker 1: It's going to be DJ or Stephanie probably. Michelle demands, I want to read right now, and she grabs a newspaper on her way out of the kitchen. Kenny is amused and asks where she's going, and she responds to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: That's where Joey reads. Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's emulate him, all right. I mean, I wonder if he takes the woodchuck to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: It would be on brand for him to do that. I would agree with.
Speaker 3: It, But I mean, what is he said it on the sink? Is it looking at him?
Speaker 1: You know does it help him White, I don't.
Speaker 3: I got questions.
Speaker 2: God, Chuck down.
Speaker 4: In one hand and in the other, mister Woodchuck is driving cars, he's helping people, is assisting in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Is what Chuck really.
Speaker 1: Is doing it all? You know he deserves a credit. The titles was so. Next we're in Jesse's studio where Jesse and Joey are working on the Ranger Joe's song while the baby twins watch from their seats.
Speaker 2: These kids are always in there. They're never out of the car seats.
Speaker 1: No, they're always They're always in the car seats.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've never had twins.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, where else would I guess you'd be holding them. You'd put them in, put them in a pack and play. I mean, they can't sit up yet, but you could at least put baby tummy time. That's put that on the ground and a little tummy time. But for camera purposes, we with them in the very old car seats with ruffles on them. So Jesse announces, gentlemen, may I present the Ranger Joe cartoon theme song in C major Jesse Katzopoulos composer. He sings a snappy little jingle while Joey dances along to it. The audience lets out a roar of applause when it's done. But when Jesse asks Joey what he thinks, Joey says totally wrong. Jesse is flabberg acid. What totally wrong? He imitates Joey's dance moves, asking what was that all about, and Joey explains, just doesn't have that childlike quality I'm looking for. Jesse defends the song by pointing to the twins, saying they're elated, but the twins are just staring at Joey blank lady, like, these babies are.
Speaker 2: So good at their blank stairs.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think that that's just they were. That's just what they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like, yeah, it was. It then became like the joke like cut to the babies that are just the dead pan right, yes, unintentionally they were great dead pan dead pans.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I think it's hysterical. They're so cute.
Speaker 3: So Joey shakes his head.
Speaker 1: I need something more cartoony, something like it's time for another cartoon, and then an idea of sparks. I'll lend you a videotape of my favorite cartoons and in no time. And then he turns on his daffy Duck voice as he says, you'll be a cartoon, a fishionado.
Speaker 2: And he spits all over. He ches, this is good, trying to be good.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to get But that actually, that came out much That came out much better than I thought it would.
Speaker 2: Oh well, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, not that I underestimate you and your would me.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: So Jesse wipes the spit from his face and he before he spits back, thanks, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Oh got it? Okay.
Speaker 1: So next in the girls room, Michelle is looking through her Cat in the hatook when Danny walks in with his super duper deluxe letterboard that will help her learn to read, but she insists, I know how to read. Watch and she repeats from memory, the sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. Danny picks up the book and says, actually, sweetheart, if you were reading on that page, it says copyright nineteen fifty seven. Michelle wonders, how can we never read that part? He says, it's a valid question. Why don't they read that part?
Speaker 2: You know? She doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Danny admires her eagerness to read, but he reminds her that she just can't just memorize what he reads her every night. Michelle asks why not, and he tells her because it'll start to catch up with you around college. Now, let's start off by learning the sound of each letter.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He starts off with A is four and Michelle answers apple.
Speaker 2: Danny kisses her forehead and says, that's right.
Speaker 3: This was I was like, Michelle, does are we establishing that Michelle doesn't really even know her letters?
Speaker 2: I know, know, I was.
Speaker 1: I was a little fearful because she, I mean, she knew A is for apple, so at.
Speaker 3: Least, yeah, she knows right, she definitely knows the alphabet. But I was like, I feel like we were a little beyond the right.
Speaker 1: She's got to learn, she's got to she needs to be a lot further along than this.
Speaker 3: But hey, everyone learns at a different pace. Ok.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. No, we're not shaming her. And it sets up this next bit with Danny, and of course the cleaning products.
Speaker 2: I think he's more of the joke anything else.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: So Danny says, I have a system that's going to make learning to read even more fun, and he calls it Daddy's special system. He goes over to the letter board and places the letter A on it, saying A is for Ajax. He continues through the alphabet B is for Brillow, C is for Clorox. Then Steph runs in and dramatically yells it's gone, gone, gone, gone, and Danny mimics the drama.
Speaker 2: What's gone?
Speaker 1: Step shouts, my brain, the spelling bee is tomorrow, and I can't remember how.
Speaker 2: To spell success?
Speaker 1: How many sees and how many s's and where the heck do they go?
Speaker 2: Such a great little run that you're.
Speaker 1: Right, just meltdown yeah over letters like yeah, so extra.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Danny assures her that everything will be okay. All she needs is a mnemonic device. Steph questions what the heck is that, and Michelle chimes in it must be for cleaning. Danny explains, a mnemonic device is a little trick I have to help you remember, like that word success. What you do is double the C, double the S, and you will always have success. So stephf uses his method and spells success with ease. She puts her game face on Davy Choo's gonna wish he never learned the alphabet, and she rushes out to continue practicing. Michelle exclaims, I can spell the alphabet, and she sings the ABC song all the way through and the audience applauds her skills. Danny jokes, well, the word alphabet is in there somewhere and continues with his special system, D is for Draino. I'm all about mnemonic devices. This is a great method for learning things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not gonna lie I in my head When I have to spell banana, it's B A N A N A S from the from the when Stefani song. That's how you remember how to spell banana bananas, Yeah, bananas and a S. Yeah, because sometimes you want to throw an extra inn in there or something, you know what I mean. And it works this method. It's a nevonic nervonic device. Nervonic device smells like teen spirits. His next greatest it yes, every single time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, B A N A N A S.
Speaker 1: It's like the Mississippi M I S S I S I P I. Yeah. Yeah, I use it for that one because how many p's and how many eyes.
Speaker 3: You don't know, you don't know, you got I have the little rythm to it.
Speaker 1: You gotta have the rhythm, so great method, just.
Speaker 3: Say, this episode make me remember that I was an excellent speller when I was a child, and that most of these words now I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, how do you spell that?
Speaker 3: Or I go to spell things that I think I know how to spell, and then the autocorrect corrects it, and I'm like, oh, oh yeah, autocorrect has made me.
Speaker 2: Speller. We're lazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because if you don't have to know how to spell it then and why would you remember? Now?
Speaker 2: It bothers me.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to turn my my my spell check off.
Speaker 2: Then people might think I'm an idiot.
Speaker 3: But what is Tody wing with her all of a sudden?
Speaker 2: Nothing makes sense?
Speaker 3: But yeah, I didn't realize how much I was relying on it, you know, I just yeah, I just this episode. I was like, damn, yeah, I used to be like always top of top of the class for spelling killing yes, and now I'm like, oh, like wait, was that I was impressed with your e except after C Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I have to write it out like I am not I'm a visual person, not an audio person. So I can't spell it out loud, but if I write it, yeah, I usually spell it correctly.
Speaker 2: That's just a weird brain in the same way I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in my head, I get through the first three letters and then start singing in the full house theme song.
Speaker 2: So yes, very hard to stay on task.
Speaker 1: But yeah, your recall in this episode is very impressed how quickly you spelled all these words, and the Davy two actor as well, Like, I was so impressed.
Speaker 2: Guys spelling as a kid. I loved it. We're spelling letters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this was this was your episode, Like this was written for Jodie Sweeten, and I am here for it. So next we're at Stephanie's school, Danny, Joey, and Jesse. You're in the audience in the school auditorium. When Steph walks onto the stage, Joey boasts, here comes Stephanie. Doesn't she look smart? Danny holds up his camera. Of course she does. Intelligence runs in our family, and he snaps a photo. Jesse smirt, it must have skipped a generation. You left the lens cap on.
Speaker 2: This was that was a great come. That was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Then I'm still laughing out loud, A really good dish.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So meanwhile, Stephanie's on stage staring at the Spelling B Trophy with admiration. Boy, that trophy is gonna look good in my bedroom. And Davy cho who's sitting right next to her, here's this and says, only if I let you borrow it. Steph looks at him with utter confidence. You're going down too. And it's all thanks to two little words mnemonic device. The smack dok is just so great, the elementary true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't come for me. I am. I am gonna be the champion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do love this episode quickly for like, Stephanie's like, I'm I will fight you over spelling words.
Speaker 2: Like it's not even like it's so mean. No, it's right. This is the hill you're gonna die. I'm spelling words. We're coming. Yeah, I'm about to throw them bows over some words.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The stakes are very high. It's very high for Stephanie. Yeah, I'm about to throw down. I love this So Davy Scoff's dream on Tanner. They don't call me the human dictionary because I'm good at kickball.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Then mister Lowry takes the stage to introduce the fourth grade Spelling Championship, and while in the middle of his speech, Danny takes a flash photo of him. God, Danny's that parent. Danny is that parent.
Speaker 3: The family We've established this, the family is that family. They are the people that you hate to be near in any sort of public situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Obl He is like, you're six', four sit down and stop blocking the view of the people behind.
Speaker 2: You he doesn't. Care he got his.
Speaker 1: Photo so Mister lowry continues to name the top spellers of the fourth grade and he Announces stephanie as the first. Speller, Danny, joey And jesse stand up and give her a rout each, year And danny, is of.
Speaker 2: Course taking more. Photos gotta love.
Speaker 1: Them. Yeah So stephanie approaches the mic and Mister lowry, says your first word is pneumonic are what are the?
Speaker 2: Odds?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Right and you're, like, oh it's you've been in that position, before you go the one, thing the one THING i don't.
Speaker 1: Know m m oh, yeah so your WORST i feel Like i've had.
Speaker 3: Night, Actually steph is pretty pretty stoked on.
Speaker 2: It she's, like, mnemonic, PLEASE i got.
Speaker 1: It she thinks she does she's, confident but, oh here we. Go so she repeats the, word and then her smile starts to. Fade she stares out into the crowd with. Panic we cut to a suspenseful commercial, break and we come back to the Spelling, bee Where steph is nervously asking him to repeat the. Word so he does. Mnemonic steph nodds AND a very fine word it, is and she continues to stall mnemonic a device or trick to help you remember.
Speaker 2: Things.
Speaker 1: Mnemonic Mister lowry isn't having. It he reminds, her this is not a definition. BEE i need the, spelling and she hesitates. Spelling, Oh i'll give you spelling, rhododendron and then she spells. Rhotadendron but he's still not having. It you have ten seconds to spell, mnemonic and so she nervously spells.
Speaker 2: OUT N E M O N i c oh.
Speaker 1: Painful, Danny Jessea joey prematurely stand up and start cheering for, her.
Speaker 2: But Mister lowry reveals that she is.
Speaker 3: INCORRECT i guess the intelligence did skip the.
Speaker 2: Generation it did all of, Them, yeah the whole all of.
Speaker 1: Them steph's face falls and she steps away from the. Mic into, ointment and next step Is Davy, chu who proceeds to spell the word correctly M N e M O N i. S the crowd applauds The Human, dictionary and Mister awry Tells stephanie that she is eliminated and stuff isn't. Disbelief she stands up and, begs that's. IT i did all that studying for one lousy. Word come, on have a, heart give me a do. Over, Danny jesse And joey all cough do over do over from their seats and then are asked to leave the.
Speaker 2: Auditorium it's like the. Favoritism come, on.
Speaker 1: Guys steph continues to plead with her, teacher please CAN i have another?
Speaker 2: Chance any other? Word any other?
Speaker 1: Word but he apologizes and asks her to take a seat with the rest of the. Class she walks off stage with her head. Low Mister lowry calls on the next, Speller Randy, gaines and says his word is. Incandescent steph bolts back onto the stage and steals the, mic spelling incandescent. Herself Interrupts, steph, sweetheart you've already been. Eliminated Then stephanie spells. Eliminated she will not give. Up she's not cutting, no And, Joey danny And jesse carry her off the. Stage, well she's still spelling. Words your commitment is. Admirable, yeah but you got to learn how to LOSE A D M I R A b L e.
Speaker 2: Admirable. GOD i HOPE i spelled that. Right someone's keeping track of. RIGHT i didn't write it.
Speaker 3: DOWN i was like in my head, like oh, No i'm doing the thing That i'm.
Speaker 2: Terrible.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i can't tell you if you're, correct because, yeah it's not written. Down so next in the girls, Room michelle is playing around with the. Letterboard when she puts the LETTER d and the LETTER j next to each, other recognition crosses her face and she, SHOUTS, DJ, dj come. HERE dj comes running. In michelle proudly shows her that she can read her big sister's. NAME dj compliments the new skill and asks her if she'd like to try something. Harder michelle nods, sure SO dj begins to write something on the board While michelle heads To stephanie's bedside table.
Speaker 2: And grabs a chapter.
Speaker 1: Book she hands The hobbit over TO dj and, SAYS i heard this was.
Speaker 3: Good that's the thinnest version of The Hobbit i've ever. Seen i'm like it's the condensed version of The hobbit The Reader's.
Speaker 2: Digest, yeah really.
Speaker 1: Small SO dj points to the board which Reads michelle and Asks michelle if she knows what it, says and she. Pros michelle proudly, says that's my, Name. MICHELLE dj, asks but you, do but do you know why it Says? Michelle And michelle admits she has no, idea SO dj tells her they can start with THE. M she Asks michelle if she knows what sound it, makes And michelle, says, hmmm like mop and. GLOW dj quickly realizes she's been studying with their, dad so she goes on to the next LETTER. I she Asks michelle what sound that letter makes And michelle waves her off piece of. CAKE i is LIKE i and points to her own eyeball for. EMPHASIS dj teaches her the complexity of. Vowels vowels have long sounds and short. Sounds if the vowel is too, long it says its own name A, E i owe. You but if the vowel is, short it has a different. Sound ah eh e oh, uh.
Speaker 3: You KNOW i forgot this about? Phonics, YEAH i, know it's it's.
Speaker 2: Long, vowels short, vowels all that.
Speaker 1: Stuff it's a confusing language to. Learn we take it for, granted but it. Is there's a lot of complicated. Rules. Uh michelle responds, huh AND dj nods, exactly and she continues to over explain a short vowel can be changed into a long vowel if the word has a silent, e like the word, date And michelle just, SIGHS i am never going to learn how to. READ dj gives her a sheepish. CHAGRIN i GUESS i didn't help, much DID? I And michelle rolls her. Eyes, uh that's not that you got To you gotta come down to their level and teach At michelle's, level like this long, vowel short.
Speaker 3: VOLE i, MEAN i mean they figure she's the house. Therapist maybe she's you, know more, advanced but she. Can't it's the note taking that really is her. Issue, yeah she's Like.
Speaker 1: Einstein he didn't know his phone number because he didn't Have why.
Speaker 2: Would he learn? That he was smart about other?
Speaker 3: Things, also he probably lived most of his life without a well now he's.
Speaker 2: Now that was like mid.
Speaker 1: Century never, mind there were no no phonics books For.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, Though like going back to all.
Speaker 2: THIS i was, like, oh that's, right like learning all the stuff.
Speaker 3: To, read because now it's, LIKE i don't, know there's just words in.
Speaker 2: It it's there just. Happens you just.
Speaker 1: You just learn how to read, it like through osmosis or. Something, yeah it's just, yeah when you learn the, rules it complicates things way too. Much next in the living, Room danny And steph returned from the spelling bee and stuff is rambling on about mnemonic having a silent m.
Speaker 2: Excuse, me and.
Speaker 1: Your royal blue or your royal purple coat that you're wearing is so stylish and, yeah, yeah she's adorable in this in this. Episode then the doorbell rings And danny tells her to hold it while he answers the. Door It's Davy chew and he's carrying the championship Trophy Dave.
Speaker 2: Guy he Asks, danny Is steph? Home she forgot her.
Speaker 1: Ribbon steph trudges over and looks At davy with fire in her. Eyes danny kindly Tells, stephanie would you look at That davy brought your? Ribbon And stephanie crosses her arms and says hot. Dog davy asks if he can put his trophy down because it's too.
Speaker 3: Heavy he's asking for, it he, said he.
Speaker 1: Does you know?
Speaker 2: What you know what You're you came over here to.
Speaker 3: Gloat, OKAY i could have gotten the ribbon On. Monday, yeah, yeah you know he's so.
Speaker 1: PETTY i kind of admire the pettiness.
Speaker 3: Here the petty is, Good but Don't stuff's, LIKE i, WILL i see your petty AND i raise.
Speaker 2: It sit down now we're gonna have a petty.
Speaker 1: Off oh, yeah he's messing with the wrong student right.
Speaker 3: Here oh, yeah he's down To you have no idea what you've awakened In.
Speaker 1: Stephanie So stephanie insists that trophy would be mine if they didn't give me the one WORD i didn't. Know danny butts In. Davy what stuff means to say is. Congratulations but stuff doesn't bother with these. Niceties WHAT i mean IS i can out spell him. Anytime come, on chew right, here right. Now if you beat me, Again i'll carry your lunch tray for a. Week And davy's up for this. Challenge books. Two steph nods books, too And davy continues and buy me ice cream, stuff glares at, him don't push.
Speaker 2: IT i love. It like she's setting, boundaries she's challenging. Him no.
Speaker 3: PROBLEM i, mean this is yeah, again it's the through line of kind of WHO i and slash stuph have always been is, YEAH i, know we're not backing down from. This she's.
Speaker 2: Not, no that is, You Jody, SWEETEN i. Know and that's WHO i was as a kid. Too SO i think they were, like just write it in.
Speaker 1: There yeah, Right they're, like don't fight, it just write.
Speaker 2: It don't fight, it just write. It, yeah that's. ALL i like. That that's a good don't fight it just.
Speaker 1: Right, oh that would be a, good like a motivational quote for.
Speaker 2: Writers good writer's. Block, right don't don't fight, it just write. It let's put it on a. Shirt put it on a, shirt put it on a. Book, hey there we.
Speaker 1: Go so, Uh davy holds out his hand and, says, okay you're, on and they shake on. It danny Asks steph if she's, positive if she wants to do, this and he reminds her this is the guy who knew how to spell.
Speaker 2: Et, ecclesiastical. Ecclesiastical are you smarter than a fourth?
Speaker 1: Grader and steph answers by spelling that same word with. Ease he G gran's all, right let's let the games. Begin i'll get the diction and the this is this is a terrible. Idea this is such a terrible. Idea oh such, okay they're going for.
Speaker 2: It you know what's interesting, though is uh.
Speaker 3: They when we come back from the is this where he says that he, Is oh, no that's towards the.
Speaker 2: End never, mind never.
Speaker 3: MIND i THOUGHT i was, saying doesn't he say something to her about?
Speaker 2: THAT i, Was i'm disappointed because of the way you. Lost but that comes.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah that's the last. Scene that's the heart. SCENE i thought he. WAS i thought the same, thing that he should say it here Like steph instead of going through with.
Speaker 3: THIS i think it was more than the When steph came home and was like kind of upset and like venting And danny turning was like hold. IT i was, like, wait is she in? Trouble and he was like you're we got to talk or. SOMETHING i was, like, wait she in? Trouble like and that was the, yeah right, RIGHT i get.
Speaker 2: IT i get.
Speaker 1: It back in the, Studio joey walks downstairs To Jesse's joey walks downstairs and Asks jesse how his song is coming. Along did you come up with anything like it's time for another? Cartoon jesse, Answers i've spent a couple of hours watching your favorite cartoons and came up with a very important. Conclusion you are a sick. Man but despite, This jesse did come up with the perfect, song and he programmed some special sound.
Speaker 2: Effects into it as.
Speaker 1: Well jesse plays an up beat tune on the, keyboard filled with sound effects like, crashes duck, quacks and.
Speaker 2: Roadrunners beat.
Speaker 1: Beep joey nods his head before, ADMITTING i want to say this.
Speaker 2: NICELY i hate. It jesse is in.
Speaker 1: Disbelief Hate hate is such a strong.
Speaker 2: Word what do he? Wants something stupid?
Speaker 1: Like here comes another cartoon and he hits the boying sound effect to end. It joey's eyes go. Wide that's, it that, note that, boying whatever you, hit that's. Perfect that's my theme. Song, jess you are a musical. Genius jesse. Frowns what are you talking? About that's the stupid theme song you've been. SINGING i didn't write, That you wrote.
Speaker 2: It are you.
Speaker 1: Gonna pay me for That joey realizes he's, right so he Tells jesse thanks for, trying and he begins to walk, away But jesse runs after him and reminds him that he did the boying sound, effect.
Speaker 2: So he owes.
Speaker 1: HIM i kind of agree With, Joey Like jesse's jingles were too long for a cartoon. Intro it needs to be, short, snappy and.
Speaker 3: Tappy. Yeah, again snappy is, expeditious, right you, know it's.
Speaker 2: Quick it's a quick little.
Speaker 1: Intro it's not like a long commercial or something like.
Speaker 2: That so, YEAH i. Agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah the SECOND i heard the sign for.
Speaker 2: Another guard, TOO i was, Like, yep that's, it that's, it that's.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Yep that's all it needed was the.
Speaker 3: Boy this is Why jesse hasn't gotten another record, deal.
Speaker 2: Right he's not.
Speaker 1: Following he doesn't understand the. Assignment, yeah that's why he doesn't Have, yeah he needs to do himself reflecting with his therapist to get back to. Shell. Yeah so in the living, room the spelling competition is in full force Between davy And. Steph they're sitting across from each other While danny is sitting on the couch picking random words from the. Dictionary davy spells, benign and Then stephanie spells trigonometry And danny praises.
Speaker 2: Her, yes that's my.
Speaker 1: Girl then he glances over At davy and, SAYS i mean, correct and Next danny asks him to spell. Photosynthesis, meanwhile over in the girls, Room michelle is taking down all the letters from the letter.
Speaker 2: Board When jesse walks.
Speaker 1: By he leans against the doorway and, asks, Hey, michelle how's that reading coming? Along And michelle, POUTS i, Quit i'm too dumb to. Read jesse's tone turns. Serious, hey that kind of talk stops right, here young. Lady he picks her up and they sit on the. Bed he, Continues, now if anyone knows anything about being, dumb it's your Uncle.
Speaker 2: Jesse oh finally. Awareness oh, yeah there we.
Speaker 1: GO i mean he said it, accidentally but that's, okay self. Awareness jesse realizes his, mistake but proceeds to tell her a. Story WHEN i was in first, grade there were two kinds of reading. Groups there were the bluebirds and the. ROBINS i was A, robin and everyone knew the robins were kind of slow, readers SO i thought that MEANT i was, dumb and instead of spending my time trying to learn to. READ i spent all my time beating up the. Bluebirds michelle, asks so you're dumb like, me And jesse shakes his. Head, no that's not the POINT i was trying to. Make he emphasizes that he thought he was dumb so he gave up. Trying he, SAYS i got bad grades for a long, time and THEN i Realized i'm a smart, guy And i'm not gonna let the same thing happen to, you because you're a smart.
Speaker 2: Girl young.
Speaker 1: Lady michelle doesn't believe him and, responds oh, please so he decides to show her and makes his way over to the. Board he writes the word at and, explains in this, word THE a sounds like, ah And michelle gives him a DRAMATIC i Rol, oh here we go, again long vowels consonants oh. Yeah So jesse tells her to stick with him and continues the lesson THE a sounds like ah and THE t sounds like, what and she makes a. Sound so he asks her to put the two words, together and she tries a few times before landing on. At then he adds A c at the beginning of the word and she knows that sound kah like. Clorox jesse, laughs, WELL i see your dad has been teaching. You And michelle puts all of these letters together and reads. Cat jesse can't hide his. Excitement he announces she just read another, Word ladies and. Gentlemen this chick is on. Fire Then jesse adds an h and she reads. Hat that this is the way you teach kids to.
Speaker 2: Read you start, Reading.
Speaker 1: Michelle we start with cat Right. Hat you know this is a much.
Speaker 3: Better, way especially Because michelle is Very french. Influenced so there's all kinds of, yeah things that are not necessarily.
Speaker 2: Right that's got way too many rules and things To, yeah with a lot of sylum letters and weird sounds in.
Speaker 1: Them. Yeah, no gonna start, small, smart start small and then and then grow from.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Yes uh So michelle is so pleased with her.
Speaker 2: Herself she, SAYS.
Speaker 3: I did it.
Speaker 1: Again i'm there's self confidence that The tanner girls are very, confident Like danny's done something. Right because the girls are very not short on, confidence that's for. Sure jesse laughs and praises her. Improvement we'll read a little each, day and before you know, it you're going to be reading a, BOOK i. Promise then he sees the cat and the hat sitting on her bed and grabs. It he points to the words as she reads the title with. Ease they're both a static and give each other a big.
Speaker 2: Hug very. Sweet that was very.
Speaker 1: Cute, meanwhile back in the living, Room davy spells epiphany correctly and then Admits, Stephanie i'm, SORRY i gotta.
Speaker 2: Go home to. Dinner how long has this contest been going? On ours?
Speaker 3: Hours, yeah it's just a marathon three. Am she's, yeah that's not going to sleep until she.
Speaker 1: Gets she will not rest until she wins this spelling. Bee So steph, smirks, hey if you, quit you forfeit, chewmeister and then she Asks danny for the next. Word danny tells her this is going to be the last, word sas. Parvilla stephanie spells it S A S P A R.
Speaker 2: I l L.
Speaker 1: A it's one would, think And danny, Sighs i'm, Sorry. Steph she looks at him stone faced and asks. Why davy smugly tells her there's a HIDDEN r and proceeds to spell it.
Speaker 2: CORRECTLY i wouldn't have spelled it. CORRECTLY i. DIDN'T i, Mean i'm SURE i knew it at some, point BUT i. Forgot. YEAH i was, like, oh that's. Right it's like, sarsparilla.
Speaker 1: Sarsparilla, yeah that's a, tricky tricky, Language i'm telling. You, So danny, admits, man that's, right you are a human. Dictionary steph cannot hide her. Frustration now there's a silent R i hate this, language and she storms into the. Kitchen davy grabs his trophy and says thank you To, danny telling him it's been quite a. Delectation, delectation My english really getting a good workout. Today danny Watches The Little genius before he Watches The belief before saying delectation that better not be a put. DOWN i did look it. Up it means a pleasure and a. Delight it was not.
Speaker 2: A sort of, well, yeah sort of like.
Speaker 3: DELECTABLE i would assume it would be sort of that same base.
Speaker 1: Word they're related. Words, yeah that was. Delectable so Then danny Sees steph sitting at the kitchen. Table he admits he's very disappointed in. Her she, SIGHS i know you SAID i was a, winner but less space.
Speaker 2: It i'm a.
Speaker 1: Loser danny sits down at the table with her and, Clarifies i'm not disappointed in you because you. Lost i'm disappointed because of the way you.
Speaker 2: Lost.
Speaker 1: Honey you were a sore, loser And stephanie explains it's because she hates. Losing M danny reminds, her who likes? Losing, Yeah NOW i don't like. Losing, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: See it as tenacity, Whatever, yeah an, AC i t f.
Speaker 1: Tenacity So danny reminds, her nobody likes to, lose but everybody loses. Sometimes you did your, best you tried your, hardest And davy beat you fair and. Square why didn't you congratulate?
Speaker 3: Him was in a smug little Torp, Okay, yes gradually he also was kind of being you, Know.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was audition it out just as much As.
Speaker 3: Davy, nonsense you're a.
Speaker 1: Winter, yes he was definitely a, smug sore.
Speaker 2: Winner.
Speaker 1: Uh, So danny, says you did your, best you tried Your, Yeah Davy beatsy's fair and. Square why did you congratulate? Him and stepf admits BECAUSE i was. Mad danny, asks were you mad at him for? Winning or were you mad at yourself for?
Speaker 2: Losing? Good.
Speaker 1: Distinction Danny steph asks if she needs to answer, that And danny says. Yes so she, CONFESSES i GUESS i was mad at. MYSELF i just wanted to be the. Best danny and, says you. Are you're the best speller in your. Class you might be the best speller in this.
Speaker 2: House then he.
Speaker 1: Corrects, Himself, okay you are the best speller in this. House he, continues you have to be proud of your. Accomplishments but no matter how good you are at, something there could always be a davy chew out there who might be a little bit better than you. Are it's just as important to be a good loser as it is to be a good. Winner Honey stuff realizes she was wrong and. Apologizes then she, ADDS i can't wait TILL i lose again SO i can show you how GOOD i am at.
Speaker 2: It constant. Overachiever.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah danny laughs and he, says now you're talking like a, winner and they give each other a big. Hug and that was our, SHOW a great message about losing. Gracefully it really, Was, yeah Lesson.
Speaker 2: Yeah and this, ONE i don't.
Speaker 3: Know this was one of those scenes where like it just THE i think it was because me And. Bob it just hit me a little bit AND i was, like, OH i got a little, LUCK i got a little.
Speaker 2: Teary it was very but it was very.
Speaker 3: Touching, yeah it was just a really sweet see Between steph And danny and, like, yeah, YEAH i like this.
Speaker 2: Episode it was.
Speaker 3: CUTE i think it had a lot of good messages in it about you, know Even jesse And michelle, like, hey you KNOW i used to THINK i was done BECAUSE i couldn't do, this but you, Know i'm really good at other. Things, yeah always trying to you, know school can really do that to kids where it's, like, oh But i'm not good in this linear. Way, yes but you hear so Many, yeah you have so many other, amazing awesome talents that you're really good, at and.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah focus on. Those. Yeah, yeah it's very.
Speaker 3: Hard in, SCHOOL i, think you, know everyone has to sort of feel like they have to meet a certain mark in every class or so to.
Speaker 2: Speak you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah and it's true when you do have the different reading, groups the different, levels it's, like, yeah the kids Know i'm in the smart group Or i'm in the not so right right, right and that doesn't help their confidence really so.
Speaker 3: NOW i remember Leaving i've left class for reading, groups, oh BECAUSE i had to go to them AS i went to the high and it was, like, yeah like you get made fun Of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no it's a it's a no win.
Speaker 1: Situation whatever group you're, in, right make fun of. You.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Realized very well together THE a and THE, B, yeah they were a.
Speaker 3: Nice like to play on each other that, like sometimes you want to be the, best and you can't beat yourself. Up if you're, not there's always going to be somebody that's better than, you but you can, learn you can keep.
Speaker 2: Trying like that. Was it was a really great.
Speaker 1: Message, yeah very well. Done very you, know my hat's off To mark And dennis who wrote.
Speaker 2: This, yeah it. Was it was. Fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah you, Know i've noticed their names on a lot of the a lot of the. Shows they really did get quite a few storylines in. There, yeah and some really great, Storylines, yeah some really great.
Speaker 1: Storylines they were the only parents on the writing. Staff we were the only ones that actually had, kids, right, right you can see it in the right right. Right that's Why michelle's a, therapist because they're like toddlers.
Speaker 2: Can do this right there. There you can talk like this to a. Kid, yeah, Right oh my, gosh so.
Speaker 1: Funny everywhere he.
Speaker 2: Looks the only.
Speaker 3: Everywhere you look THAT i had was not it's not really a big. One but in the, teaser over DJ's shoulder you see Mister. Bear but then on the nightstand you see Barb.
Speaker 2: Ruth OH i.
Speaker 3: Did it's a bear from The American Bear.
Speaker 2: Company and so HE'S.
Speaker 3: I was like to, say, he's, uh Mister bear's.
Speaker 2: Cousin, oh that's so. CUTE i love that.
Speaker 1: Bear but what is, It barry Barb?
Speaker 2: Ruth so? CUTE i love that you have a little.
Speaker 1: Friend, YEAH i have, one and it's very small and not not.
Speaker 2: Great but So, michelle.
Speaker 3: Don't put yourself. Down it's, okay.
Speaker 1: YEAH i have everywhere you, look you have.
Speaker 2: One, NO i can't IF i read.
Speaker 1: It. Okay So michelle is wearing this yellow dress like in the scenes in the middle of the, episode and on the back is one of those nineties fabric cinsure. Clips yes that were so, popular the jacket. Clips, yeah that kind of cinches it in the. Back so it's not so loose and.
Speaker 3: Bad, Right, well because because you the oversized gigantic shoulder pads were a. Thing but he had to cinch the waist in so that you looked like some sort of a strange reverse.
Speaker 1: Triangle, yeah right. Right you don't want to look like missus roper or like you were.
Speaker 2: Wearing, no you didn't know you.
Speaker 3: Wanted, yeah so you had to clip THE I those things were.
Speaker 1: Great we wore those all the.
Speaker 3: Time that was you clipped them on a, vest you clipped them on a, dress you clipped them on a little, sweater, yeah, whatever you clip on.
Speaker 1: Anything, oh they were very. Multifunctional AND i was just going to make another joke AND i. DIDN'T i, didn't BUT i really, WELL i, said you can never MIND i missed. It that's, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: It's probably that. Way it's better for it's better for. Everyone, yeah we just missed. IT i was, like you can clip it on.
Speaker 3: Everything and THEN i was, like, Okay SO i had to say it again BECAUSE.
Speaker 2: I had to get it out of my. Brain, sorry everyone feel.
Speaker 1: Better, yeah let's go back To look who woke up for that?
Speaker 2: Joke oh see you like my, comedy little she? Does she likes you your?
Speaker 1: Jokes oh, Yes and now she's going to go back to, sleep.
Speaker 2: And she's, like and me, too And i'm. Done well that was a fun.
Speaker 3: Episode uh it, made LIKE i, said made me realize what a terrible SPELLER i have. Become that my my language skills have certainly degraded over the, years AND i can only blame technology for.
Speaker 2: It technology and. Menopause we are yeah at what short?
Speaker 3: Vowels, yeah, Cat, yeah That's I'm i've, regressed oh. Dear but thank you for, listening. Everybody we love, you Faner. Rito's this was a fun. One if you want to find us out there on the, interwebs we are On instagram at How rude, podcast or you can send us an email at How Rude Tanner rito's at gmail dot, com so you can send us an, email or check out our merch, store How rude merch dot.
Speaker 2: Com we've got some fun t shirts on. There and, UH i think that's it.
Speaker 3: Everybody, yeah so we will see you next. Time and remember the world is. Small the house is full of those little clips on your. Jacket the little clip is full of. Them there's so many different.
Speaker 1: Gabage, sure they had baskets in them in the, wardrobe baskets.
Speaker 2: And baskets of.
Speaker 3: Them. Yeah, yeah they're just overflowing you. MAKING i literally was like you people probably made them On, etsy and THEN i was Like etsy didn't.
Speaker 2: Exist didn't exist back, Then but that's. Okay somebody made. Them, yeah somebody Made i'm gonna go find one On etsy right.
Speaker 1: Now. Yay let's bring them. Back let's bring them. Back put a store you will have branded.
Speaker 2: Well we can wear them with our. Costumes.
Speaker 3: Perfect see you next.
Speaker 1: Time mm hmm