Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: On this meet Friday gangzol. Here we got Friday, Fritzie, You got Seaton, Marv, Paula, yours truly in the back room. Guys, It's a Meat Friday. Beef in chorizo, chili, Jalapano, cheddar, corn bread, and bacon corn bread.
Speaker 3: Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 4: No body?
Speaker 2: Sunday Night, Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs and a must win situation against the g Men. Primetime Showdown Sunday sevent Eastern on NBC and Peacock, which is where you'll find this program. Thank you for downloading the app. You can watch, or you can listen, or you can watch and listen over four hundred cities carrying this award nominated program eight seven to seven three DP. Show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your calls and Seaton. The final poll question for this week is what well this is on the I just got this. This isn't a pole question actually, but it's great about the name thing that we've been talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this person just wrote and it's not sports related, but I have two sons here. My wife had no idea, but their names are Johnny and Body.
Speaker 3: From point Break. Wow.
Speaker 2: Once again, if when your wife delivers and she's probably had an epidural and you know, drugged up, and you're trying to come up with names. Just the fact that Brad Johnson said to his wife, I got a name Maximus Johnson, and somehow they signed off on that. And he's a quarterback at North Carolina right now, all right, so we'll get phone calls coming up. Yeah, I don't know how we stumbled on sports names. I don't remember any of my friends being named after athletes, but Kobe was a big name.
Speaker 3: Certainly after he died.
Speaker 2: Those twelve months after, I think the number of parents who named their children Kobe went up like two hundred percent. Floyd Mayweather was a name that was on there. I'm like, who's name in their kid Floyd or Mayweather? Any other names on there? Shack I understand that there was a wave there where Shack or some version of Shaquille was was pretty big.
Speaker 3: All right. So the pole question for the final hour of the program.
Speaker 5: Let me also update you real quick. We had from the twenty twenty draft other van Jalen Hurts, who will end up having the best career. It's justin Herbert is just barely edging out Joe Burrow and Jordan Love. But Joe Burrow and Jordan Love are very very close. They're at about splitting about thirty percent.
Speaker 2: If Joe Burrow wasn't hurt right now, he might be leading this pole question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: The Dolphins put up a good fight last night. They were twelve and a half point underdogs, but Buffalo Bills didn't commit a turnover and they improved to three and oho. The Dolphins one turnover and it wasn't like TWOA got sacked, he got hit once. But they fall to zero and three. Now they get around ten nine, ten days, and then they're going to be playing the Jets in a State Loane game on Monday night. The voice of Miami, Dan Lebotard, host of Metal Arc Media's The Dan Levittard Show, which you can find on this channel. Peacock, Is that right, Dan? Right after us?
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 3: Okay? I just want to make sure that.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you, Yes, okay. I want to get in on your name's game here though. Can I want to which is the more interesting name fact here in this in this equation I'm giving you that all of George Foreman's kids were named George, including his daughter who was named Georgette, or that Dennis Rodman, one of nineteen children his father, was actually named Philander.
Speaker 2: Would you ever name your child after an athlete? And if so, which athlete?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: I am childless and I have not given this question any thought. This is why you're the great one that you are in terms of interviewing. Would I name my child after an athlete? No, I don't think I would do that. I would have to do that. I think I would take if I was going to name them after a family member and not just a name the name I liked, I would name it after a family member, I should say, not not an athlete. I would not do that.
Speaker 2: So like Marino Lebtard, Lebron Lebutard, Oh are you still bitter over lebron leaving Miami?
Speaker 3: Clearly?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 8: If I was just.
Speaker 4: Clearly, I'm hugely grateful. If if what I just did there is name a time, How ridiculous would that mean? Poor and poor little Lebron Lebtard?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: How about Riley Riley LeBatard after pat Riley? Your good buddy could.
Speaker 4: Be a boy or a girl.
Speaker 3: I could go Pat.
Speaker 4: I could go Pat and it could be a boy or a girl. I could go Riley and it could be a boy or a girl.
Speaker 2: Probably not Tua. But let's let's let's dissect here what we've seen. It is the weather or the temperature underneath. Mike McDaniel Warmer today.
Speaker 4: Well, that game, they were well coached last night. That's an out man team with I think a historically bad defense. And I don't believe that coaching is the reason that they lost that game. They've got a fundamental architectural problem here, Dan, in that I believe that's the best game the Dolphins can play, and they're doing it by throwing the ball as many times behind the line of scrimmage as they are past the line of scrimmage. Now, that whole game last night, the average air yards in that game for Josh Allen and Tua one point four yards one point four yards on completion. So a lot of the league is doing that. But when I say they have a structural problem, Dan, here's the structural problem. Because they're no longer what they were, which was the best offense in the league. They're constipated on offense and Jalen Waddle and Tyreek Hill don't look like they can give you much. But Josh Allen against the Dolphins is in the regular season thirteen and two, eight and zero at home. He's got forty five total touchdowns and eight interceptions against the Dolphins. On the other side, the Dolphins have now lost four of their last seventeen and eight in a row against winning teams. And here's the structural flaw. And Tua's cap hit the next four years is more than Josh Allen's cap hit in Buffalo, and that's obviously an issue that's not going to go away for a while.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand why they jumped the gun on Tua with his performance, his injury history, and they could have kept him another year, they could have franchised him. I'm just trying to understand from the front office, from ownership, where they go, Nope, we got to sign this guy up.
Speaker 4: Now, why they're wildly mismanaged. They've got a GM who's got the longest tenure in the league without winning a playoff game. They have not enough good players, and they got fooled by scoring seventy points against the Broncos and having a comeback against the Ravens, which a lot of people do late in games. The Ravens have blown seventeen seven and half leads, and they got enamored with they had the best offense in the league. And more than that, Dan and this part matters. They had exciting offense. They were the fastest team in the league. But now you look up and they're accused of being soft and not physical enough. And the three guys that they have on offense that you need things from Wattle Hill and to all physically undersized. Like, yeah, they were fast and speed burns, but speed also ages. And their offense is you know, it's a bit like a Ferrari in that if a spark plug is off, it doesn't run right. There's not a lot of margin freer. I think one of the stats last night they had two they had a drive that had multiple successful attempts on third and ten, and it's the first time they've had that since twenty twenty two. Like they used to be a big play offense. But now what they had to do in that game last night, is you a perfect sixteen play drive that converts a bunch of third downs and just keep Josh Allen off the field for a while because we can't do this anymore where what we used to do is we'll have a scoring drive that goes one, two or three plays, not sixteen.
Speaker 3: How safe is Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 4: Safer today than he was before the game? Right? Because I really thought that whole game Dan was gonna go the way the first half did, which is just keep handing the ball to James Cook and he's gonna get nine yards every time. And that you know, they didn't stop him in the first half. And the most stunning thing for me to happen to this season for the Dolphins is that they stop the Bills at all in the second half. Like I don't know, you know, the Bills still scored thirty one points, but the fact that the Bills were punting in the second half, I've seen no evidence from this team that it can stop anybody. Dan, I really do believe that the defense is historically bad.
Speaker 2: Talking to Dan Levittard and a host of Metal Lark Media is the Dan Lebotard show that follows this on Peacock. You know, when you're quirky and you win, we're fine with that. When you're quirky and you don't win, then all of a sudden we start to pick apart your answers at a press conference. Here has the quirkiness, the nerdiness of Mike McDaniel warn off in South Florida.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that part is obvious, But the glee with which the quirkiness is being mocked by the Rex Ryans of the world who seemed to be delighting and calling him nerd boy and mcgenius because he had some of that Brandon Staley stuff where, oh, you think you're smarter than everyone else.
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 4: He had reason to write for a minute, he had reason to believe that when they had the best offense in the league and Raheem Mostert had eighteen touchdowns at the running back position because it didn't seem to matter whether his offensive line was any good or not. They had offense. He took a quarterback that all of us wondered about and had that quarterback leading what was the best offense in the league. But there's something else happening with McDaniel, right, Because we don't really want our coaches to be interesting. They're they're better off being public faces and voices for a team. Jim Harbaugh is awfully quirky Dan like. I like him, but fans kind of would prefer that their coach just sort of be presidential, be somebody who connotes leadership and doesn't do very much with interesting sound bites. Like in the history of sports, when you think of the coaches who are real personalities, you know whatever, Steve Spurrier, Mike Leech, They're just there aren't very many that you think of Jerry Glanville, there just aren't very many that are wild personalities. They you know, Andy Reid, Bill Belichick. That tends to be what you get.
Speaker 2: Fans in South Florida. Would they rather have the you be great or the Dolphins to be great?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good question, because I'm gonna say the Dolphins because it's the you know, fifty years of Dolphin football includes a time and I don't think your audience has any recollection of this. It includes a time where the Dolphins were the winningest franchise in all of sports, not just in football. They won by percentage more often than everyone else. And now they've got the longest drought in the sport, a sport that includes you know, the Bills. For a while, when seventeen seasons without getting to the playoffs. The Raiders haven't done anything in the playoffs in a long time, but the longest drought belongs to the Miami Dolphins. And this began as a football town because of the Miami Dolphins. We still have an expressway here named after Don Shula because of what the Dolphins did a long time ago. And the Miami Hurricanes have had some recent success, some success this century. The last playoff game the Dolphins won, Dan Lamar Smith scored a touchdown. Again it's the Colts. It was not on television locally that there was a Dolphin playoff game that was so long ago that you could not see it locally in Miami.
Speaker 3: Can you think of another franchise where when you go to the game, you see this jersey and it's a jersey that is from a player who played decades ago in Dan Marino, like of all the different now you might see that with the Jets maybe, or the Bears with Walter Payton, But when you're thinking about the Dolphins, do you see other jerseys of you know, you know, anybody besides Dan Marino in the building.
Speaker 4: They're a good amount of TUA supporters. It is hard to support some of the things Tyreek Hill is, even if you're excited by him on the field, but this has been a fan base that is unusually starved for excellence because it's become a regional team, Dan, it's not a nat team. And one of the reasons that we're talking about them now is because for about a sixteen game span or maybe a twenty game span, they had an offense that was interesting, that could make big plays, and so for one brief moment there, this team had expectations that had people talking about it nationally. And what I've been surprised by the first three weeks of this season. You tell me if I have this wrong, because there are plenty of bad teams in that league, the Jets, the Saints, Carolina, but national laughingstock from coast to coast over the first three weeks of the season. That's been because they've got three very polarizing things as the face of their national identity, McDaniel, Tua and Tyreek Hill. And the weirdest thing about that, Dan, is I think TWOA is the most polarizing of the three. Think about that for a second, and it's just because we haven't been able to accurately measure, what is this guy like? Is he is he a franchise quarterback or is he not a franchise quarterback? That discussion made the conversation around to him more polarizing than the one around McDaniel, who can give off the quirkiness you speak of, and Tyreek Hill, who does some pretty awful things as being a menace to women and children.
Speaker 3: Thank you for taking time, Thank you for having me my best to the family.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go home right now. And this is too much information, obviously, but see if I can try and make a little.
Speaker 3: Lebron LeBatard who.
Speaker 4: Look at the pure and interests of Dan.
Speaker 3: Patrick's cardle, I feel bad for your wife.
Speaker 4: My undulating sensuality is not persuasive to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dan, Dan Lebtard. Did you hear that, Todd?
Speaker 9: It's pretty wild stuff over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm rooting for him.
Speaker 1: Or in.
Speaker 2: Let's go metal art media is the Dan Levittard Show. You'll find it on YouTube, but you also find it on peacock. It follows our show. Okay, let's take a break, let's regroup here, come up with a new poll question. More phone calls as well. It's a meat Friday, and of course it's part of my job to inspect the meat Friday. And the chili looks delicious, and might I say it tastes delicious too. It's beef and cheriso chili. I remember when McLevin was out having sneaking food on a Friday and a meat Friday, and I could see him because I got cameras all over the place. And then I go out.
Speaker 3: And I said what are you doing?
Speaker 2: And it goes what And I said, no, wait until everybody else has meat Friday. And he goes, well, you had some. I go, my name is the show here, knucklehead? It was not that. And when he said, yeah, I don't know about the ribs, they didn't fall off the bone. That one was that didn't go well either, not exactly falling off the ball.
Speaker 3: I don't know, he said, not his best work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately, Yes, it was all right, let's take a break here, let's.
Speaker 3: Take a break here. We'll come back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Hey it's me Rob Parker.
Speaker 10: Check out my weekly MLB podcast, Inside the Parker, for twenty two minutes of piping hot baseball talk featuring the biggest names of newsmakers in the sport. Whether you believe in analytics or the I test, We've got all the bases covered. New episodes drop every Thursday, so do yourself a favor and listen to Inside the Parker with Rob Parker on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: We've talked a lot about the Tom Brady the appearance of a conflict of interest being a broadcaster but also being part owner of the Raiders and then being in the coaching booth. Antonio Pierce, the former Raiders head coach, was on Mad Dog Radio and he talked about Tom Brady being a broadcaster and a minority owner.
Speaker 6: Michael Jordan was the owner for a long time of NBA team and then just recently I believe he was announced to be with nbcit correctly.
Speaker 8: YEP as helping him out.
Speaker 6: That didn't happen while he was owner, So this is unprecedent what we're seeing. I think I would be uncomfortable if there was the other way around, to be honest with you, because You're not dealing with this a normal person. Tom Brady is the elite of elite, one of the greatest quarterbacks, one of the greatest players in the game. It's not far for him to watch a few things on a Friday practice or hear things in the production meets and be like h and have tidbits. And he'd be foolish enough to think that he does not want to share that with the Raiders, because we had those conversations about certain things, right, and he was very informative about things that he's you are you still And that's why you bringing a guy like Tom bringing into the organization to be a minority.
Speaker 11: Organ because he gives you those.
Speaker 6: Aspects and different insights that some people can't give you.
Speaker 2: Antonio Pierce, the former Raiders head coach, with Adam Shine on Mad Dog Radio, it's it might die down a little bit, but then it's going to come back up. When the Bears play the Raiders in a week after the Bears play the Cowboys and Tom is calling that game, It's going to come back.
Speaker 3: It's not going away this year.
Speaker 2: And I think eventually the NFL is going to nudge Tom into maybe make a decision here and he would side with being the minority owner of the Raiders. Jeff in Youngstown, Hi, Jeff, how you knowing?
Speaker 4: Dan good?
Speaker 12: Jeff six one two eight. So my athletic back in the day. Okay, my son when he was born named them Spike after Spike Owns from the Boston Red Sox. Left the hospital all to come back two and a half days later, after a weekend of beer slides in my house and having a little bit of a party, my wife changed.
Speaker 3: His name and changed it from Spike to what Derek Derek, But.
Speaker 12: The name Spike stuck nickname spec for rest his life right.
Speaker 2: Maybe she was a Yankee fan called him Derek Derek Jeter, Spike Owen Whendy You Texas Longhorn, I believe Zachary in Pennsylvania, Hi, zach.
Speaker 11: Hi Dan, So, I know you were talking about the Push Push earlier and they said they wanted to crack down more and called the play tighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Uh, well, uh. There's a weekly show that's done by the Eagles left tackle Jordan Mylatta, and he brought up the point that not only on a majority of those plays the defense lining up off side or I guess within the neutral zone, But they're also actually calling out the Eagles cadence, trying to get them to jump off side. So if they're gonna call the play tighter, are they gonna call it tighter both ways? Because the article that I read seems like they were gearing it more towards calling it tighter on the offense and not on the defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but these defenses are desperate and they're trying to gain an advantage. Can we can we mimic your cadence? Can we get you to jump off sides? Are we in the neutral zone? This is how this play will be eliminated from the NFL next year, in my opinion, because you can't officiate it all right, there's way too much going on here. All they have to do is take out the person in the backfield and then you could still do what is called a quarterback snake, and nobody can have a problem with that. But yes, I could see where the defense is lining up off sides in the neutral zone and if they're calling out your case stand all of this, But the play is here, so you got to deal with it. But you know, when you have Mark Maskiw the Washington Post say that the NFL is is putting the Eagles on notice.
Speaker 3: The Eagles shouldn't be nice.
Speaker 2: The officials who didn't call it correctly should be unnoticed. Brandon in Oklahoma, Hi Brandon, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 13: First time, long time, six foot a lean one sixty five. So a couple things. My son is Finley Alexander warickx middle named Alexander after Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez. And second part is nineteen ninety eight. I think spring training Port Charlotte, Florida, Texas Rangers. You and Pud Rodriguez did a I think Sports Center commercial. Yes, around the pitchers Now, I was in the background playing catch. I never saw that commercial air. Then I wondered if.
Speaker 3: You remember that.
Speaker 2: I do remember being there in Port Charlotte and uh, spend some time with Pudge.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We were doing a few of those with athletes.
Speaker 2: I did one with Mike Piazza as well that that was a big campaign with Sports Center.
Speaker 3: Alan in Toledo, Hi, Alan, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Hey? Dan? Six foot, three hundred pounds, beefy. Hey, I went liveen to your show twenty four years ago.
Speaker 14: You were probably on ESPN radio at the time. I was on my way to work. Some guy called it and he said he named his son espen Espn. Well, not thinking my wife is gonna get pregnant again. Six months later, she's pregnant and we named our son espen Patrick, the singer, so using your last name.
Speaker 8: But he spent we spelled the named esp Een and he tent two and two weeks.
Speaker 3: And your wife was fine with that, Yes, she was that.
Speaker 8: Some other people weren't. But you know, we looked him up and there was the guy Espens and I don't remember if you remember his story. Yeah, yeah, so it was a real name. So it's esp e N and uh. One of the teachers at work when at school, when he was the school, he used to call him. They used to give that they.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for sharing, Alan, Yeah, I remember that. That was a big deal with somebody named their kid espen espen Patrick.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you. I'm honored. Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 15: Word of advice for anybody that's about to have a baby or will in the future, don't tell people what you're going to name the baby.
Speaker 2: It's very important, God, yes, because somebody will have a story, a negative story, or they know somebody or knew somebody who had that name, and then all of a sudden this happened with my mother in law. It didn't matter what name. She had a problem with everybody. And I said to my wife, I said, hunt, let's not tell her. Let's not tell her the next one. Okay, lie to her, Yes, Paulie.
Speaker 16: But there's also the thing when you like to run it by someone so you don't make a mistake, like either at the hospital, some type of neutral party or budsmen to say, like, don't name your kid that he's gonna get beat up.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, Marvin's grandmother named Marvin, and Marvin said that he was made fun of because he was named after Marvin Gay. And you know how kids can be. And if I said to his grandmother, you know they're gonna brough him up. I'm guessing your grandmother, as tough as she is, would still say, hey, he'll, he'll, he'll survive.
Speaker 15: Build's character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Build's character. I didn't need an budsman to help me with any of my names. Me we couldn't get out of the hospital. Now, Okay, my wife and I had this discussion the other night. You have to name your child when you leave the hospital.
Speaker 3: Is that correct? Is that universal in the United States?
Speaker 16: Generally they want the paperwork done and filled out before you leave the hospital. You could change it on your own, but no.
Speaker 2: But you have to have a name for your baby when you leave the hospital.
Speaker 3: Correct, because we did change it six weeks later.
Speaker 2: But I think legally they don't allow you to get out of the hospital because I said to her, and she doesn't remember really when she delivered, you know, one of my daughters, and I said, Hunt, they said you got to have a name.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that. I go on, you don't remember anything.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that they put the pressure on me because we thought that the baby was going to be a boy. We didn't have any girls' names. I said, Hun, just pick a name. So next thing you know, we got a name. Let's get out of here. Six weeks later, we're at the courthouse and we're changing the name.
Speaker 16: Yes, Paul, I read this that you do not necessarily have to name your baby before leaving the hospital. But it's much easier because the baby the hospital takes care of the paperwork on your behalf. If you leave the hospital without giving the baby the name, you have to do the paperwork with the state or city on your own at.
Speaker 4: A later date.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I don't even know how we came up with Emily.
Speaker 2: It's like and I go, okay, let's go to I don't care, let's go let's get out of here. And then all of a sudden we started getting baby gifts and the baby's name was on like a little stool that you stand on to brush your teeth. And we had a babysitter who came over and she finally goes, whatever happened to Emily, and we go, oh, my gosh, No, we named her Georgia, named her after her father or her grandfather George.
Speaker 3: Yes. Time.
Speaker 9: I'd be bummed people like giving personalized gifts.
Speaker 17: Then to finally just randomly picked the name that was going to be changed six weeks later. I bought the special stuff to pay extra and you're trying to find the fancy thing to put their name on it. It's not even gonna be their name.
Speaker 3: Of course, you'd make it about you. Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 9: That's not cool.
Speaker 2: Uh, pedro in La Hi, Well you didn't get, you know, a baby gift for any of my kids.
Speaker 9: That's not fair. It's true, kid.
Speaker 2: Uh Pedro in la Hi Pedro, Hey guys, good morning, longtime listener for some color six six.
Speaker 18: Oh two fifty five. First off, shout out to the Grand High Grand High School Lancers, where I'm a math teacher Colin. Regarding the names, I don't know if you guys have heard that in Colombia a couple named their kids chat GPT. They didn't just type GPT, they spelled it out in Spanish, so it's a whole new name. I think it's making it's going to make it in twenty twenty five. What do you guys think?
Speaker 3: Thank you Pedro chat GBT. Is that what he said?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Good luck?
Speaker 16: You know, Paul, you know that nothing makes this is I'm Bill Pullman level of anger right now. Nothing makes me mad, more mad than when parents make it about themselves and the jutriment of their child with names.
Speaker 2: Because Paul doesn't like the late after Bill Polm, everyone knows, oh he is yes, no, no, he was late for a meeting. I'm oh, you thought I meant he was dead? Get oh, let me see uh Caveon in Phoenix, my caveon.
Speaker 3: Happy to meet Friday boys. Thank you.
Speaker 7: I first thought very excited about my youthes taken on Texas Tech tomorrow, go Utes. And I named my son Stockton after the greatest point guard in NBA history.
Speaker 8: John stock.
Speaker 2: I'm good with stock you. As my mom said, and she had twelve kids. If you have him, you name him. And she never ever said anything about you know a name and why'd you do that? Or never nothing? Yes, Todd, what happens?
Speaker 17: And I could relate to this certain extent. What if your kid ends up being kind of a Stocky fellow and now he's Stocky Stockton and just kind of walked into a problem there just because you wanted to honor a jazz basketball player.
Speaker 3: I don't think his last name was Stockton. I think is, But.
Speaker 2: Either way, I guess you know that you would have to factor that into.
Speaker 3: It's like having you know name speed, Yeah, and you're not fast Dart. You know Pete in Florida High Pete. What's on your mind?
Speaker 19: And it's a real pleasure. How you doing, Danetz? How's it going? I have three kids named after athletes. I was a huge Philadelphia Philly fan back in the day, and my oldest son, Steve, is named after Steve Carlton. My next son is Mike after Mike Schmidt, and my third son is Jeff after Jeff Hostetler, who was born two days after the Giants beat the Bills in that Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I would have called him Has, Yes, has not Jaff do it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it too late to change his name Pete?
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's for sure. But the funny thing is is my wife didn't catch on until like years later.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I would have called him has.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to say name one of his kids Dalton after Darren Dutch Dalton, Yes, Martin.
Speaker 15: He was a Giants man. I thought Lawrence Taylor whatever his last name.
Speaker 3: Is, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 17: I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but you run the risk if you name someone after an athlete or famous person and then they get into some kind of horrific trouble with the law. And they may have been great once, but we know of certain people that used to run for many yards of the Buffalo Bills. All of a sudden, you're honoring someone at one plan. Next thing, you know, that's what's on top of their Google card.
Speaker 2: I like how you don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but there is that way, your whole DNA is to rain on somebody's per This person was great back.
Speaker 17: In the day, but then all of a sudden they committed some horrible act. And that's what you who you were named after?
Speaker 3: Pete in Charlotte, Hi, Pete, Hey.
Speaker 20: DP second time, long time. I have a friend of mine who, uh, his wife named his child the first name Nosmo, second name King.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard this before, Thank you, Pete, no smoking, no smoke King. Yeah, yeah, I had heard that. You know who told me that? And the late Howie Schwab said that his wife worked in a hospital and there was a sign that the family didn't have a name, and they decided and their last name was King. Now Howie Schwab stumped the Schwab swore that this was true. Their last name was King, and they called the baby Nosmo as no smoking. I'm gonna trust the great Howie Schwab. Yes, Pauline, that's where secure already.
Speaker 16: The hospital should turn those parents around, walk them upstairs and put them in a room and say we got to fix this.
Speaker 2: When we come back. The most must win game of the weekend the mmwgt W.
Speaker 3: We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls, what we learn, what's in store for Monday, This day in sports History, and the most must win game of the weekend the mmwg ot W Paulie, I'm going to start with you.
Speaker 3: The most must win game of the weekend is Notre Dame.
Speaker 16: Versus Purdue is too obvious, so I'm going to go Illinois fighting a line versus Indiana. Illinois rank ninth. If they can get a couple more wins before that Ohio State game, they can afford a loss to Ohio State and maybe sneak in the playoffs. But they have to win before that, so I have to beat India.
Speaker 3: Todd the most must win game of the weekend, Paul, he took.
Speaker 9: Me out of going with Notre Dame having to beat Produce. I'm gonna go with the other obvious one. On the NFL side, the Chiefs do not want to go to in three by.
Speaker 3: Losing maybe not one. They should not.
Speaker 9: Lose and they should not lose to them, and they can't be oh in three.
Speaker 2: I always like when a quarterback throws an interception and the announcer goes, he'd like to have that one back. Really, what if he said, no, it was a good throw. You know whatn't my fault? Seaton most must win game of the weekend, Your Tennessee Titans must win.
Speaker 5: Whoa, this is a must win game for the Tennessee Titans. They're playing Indianapolis. They're about to go on the road for three straight, four out of five, something like that. They've lost eight straight games going back to last season. You need to turn this one around. They've lost four consecutive divisional games. They need to win this weekend. What if they end up with the number one pick in the draft and he already took your quarterback. Yeah, great, pressures.
Speaker 2: Off unless you look at another quarterback and you go, he might be better.
Speaker 3: This is supposed to be a quarterback rich draft.
Speaker 2: Oh by the way, every year the following year it's a quarterback rich draft.
Speaker 16: Yes, point, I got a quick pie in the face bet the number one pick in the upcoming draft will not be a quarterback.
Speaker 7: Not be.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Arch Manning isn't going to come out now? Okay, does anybody want to bet that the number one pick in the draft is not a quarterback?
Speaker 3: Melvin Now, I'm with Paula on this one.
Speaker 2: Oh you are, well, who do you think is going to be the number one pick in the draft?
Speaker 4: Not a quarterback?
Speaker 15: I'm gonna say edge rusher?
Speaker 3: Okay. Most must win game of the weekend, Mormon.
Speaker 15: The Chicago Bears. They got a game at home against the Cowboys, and Ben Johnson just called out your team for lack of effort.
Speaker 2: It has to be the Chiefs because we're looking at the bigger picture of the Chiefs being back as the Chiefs, winning a division, making the playoffs, being a Super Bowl contender.
Speaker 17: Yes, Hunt, If the Bears don't give a championship caliber effort against the Cowboys, what are we going to say about Chicago on Monday.
Speaker 2: That they didn't give a championship caliber performance?
Speaker 9: You're a Ben's ready to take them to the NFC title game. I mean you're one.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you better worry about your Broncos against I have.
Speaker 9: Some concerns about that game. Do you need to win that for first place? After three weeks?
Speaker 2: This day in sports history, you know, the Texans are getting into the most must win game of the weekend as well.
Speaker 3: This day in sports history Paul.
Speaker 16: Nineteen ninety nine, Sammy Sosa became the first Major League ball player to hit sixty home runs twice. And this is a fun one, well not for him. Tom Gamboa of the Kansaity Royals first base coach, I think, was attacked by a man and his son a Commiss Park. Stay in there for first base. They the two men were charged with battery.
Speaker 2: But the weird part was it was beat up a first base coach day at Comisky, So I think it was you get to bring your son and beat up a first base coach.
Speaker 16: Their bonding, their dad and their son. They're having fun together.
Speaker 12: What sponsor?
Speaker 2: They went to jail? They went to jail together. Hey, let's continue to bond in jail. Dad, Brian and grand Rapids. Hi Brian, Hey Dan, how are you guys?
Speaker 8: And the boys?
Speaker 4: Happy?
Speaker 3: Oh meet Friday. Thank you.
Speaker 21: Just my long time listener and also a lover of the show. My mom and dad actually in the summer.
Speaker 3: That loves love like you do.
Speaker 21: They celebrate fifty year anniversary. My parents hung fifty on us. So this coming Saturday, if I can get a shout out my friend. I'd appreciate it so much. You'll make her cry.
Speaker 3: And your mom's name is Carol, b you come on, oh Carol.
Speaker 2: Happy versus the anniversary fifty years, Thank you, Brian, fifty years. I'm thirty eight. That thirty eight years. I can hold on for twelve? Well, I don't like, physically, can I hold on for twelve? Can I stay alive for twelve more years?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 9: Yeah, a lot more than that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tom. Hopefully you're taking the over. Yeah, but you're mister negativity.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 9: I just don't like morbid talk. And you're gonna live a very very long life.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 9: I'm many many years.
Speaker 3: Do you think you're helping me live a longer life?
Speaker 16: Wow, I'm sorry, I'm a fair question.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna probably lean towards no, but not intentionally, I know. But you probably provide a certain amount of aggravation and that effects blood pressure, and you know, you may want to get some labs drawn in the coming days to see where you're.
Speaker 9: At, some labs for your local Quest Lab center.
Speaker 2: So I might not live as long as I should because of this job, because of me specifically. You called out, Yes, I did horrible thing. Will you start listening to me a little more?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: I will know you. You know what if you're putting it on me, No, there's no way you.
Speaker 9: I don't need that kind of guilt.
Speaker 3: I wonderful I had anything to do with that.
Speaker 2: I thought he was gonna live through his ninety All eyes are going to be on you at the weight.
Speaker 9: Dirty looks.
Speaker 4: That's pritty.
Speaker 3: He's the one woul always aggravate them.
Speaker 9: You'd have to do the gong and the code of silence. He aggravated him. That's what happened.
Speaker 3: I know you're gonna walk in. My wife's gonna be there, and.
Speaker 2: Then you're gonna go.
Speaker 4: I'm so I'm so sorry.
Speaker 17: He was having some heart blood pressure is aggravation. Stupid mock headlines.
Speaker 3: You did this.
Speaker 1: This is your fault.
Speaker 9: How dare you show up to this? You didn't care.
Speaker 2: He cared so much about you, Todd, and you didn't reciprocate.
Speaker 9: Please leave, take your bangel and cream cheese and showing up here. I just have that hot for a second. It looks like some good food here.
Speaker 3: And we're underwear. Next time you come to a wake time.
Speaker 9: I can't promise that.
Speaker 3: Hey, could I sing a song?
Speaker 8: Maybe?
Speaker 3: You know when they put dance casket in the ground, maybe i'll you know what I'll do dust in the wind? You know, like Will Ferrell, I.
Speaker 9: Was gonna go. I don't think people would appreciate that.
Speaker 3: See there's that little class. Yeah, nicely, what it is. You're lucky.
Speaker 2: It's a Friday, and I've got, you know, about six more minutes with you and then I.
Speaker 4: Am out of here.
Speaker 9: Let's look at some labs drown.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Todd. Let's go around the room. What we learn on the program?
Speaker 4: Todd?
Speaker 3: Did you learn anything today?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 17: Former defensive back Darn mcordy didn't love being on an island. I mean to stay with Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, and Calvin Johnson.
Speaker 3: That's a lot, Seaton. What you learn today? I's gonna have a long weekend. Seaton is going to be in Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: He'll be there in Norman, Oklahoma for the Oklahoma Auburn game coming up this weekend. Marvin, what did you learn today?
Speaker 15: LeBatard is ready to make of Lebron.
Speaker 3: I know, thanks, uh Seatan, What did you learn?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I mean Paulie, what did you learn?
Speaker 16: I learned a lot about baby names.
Speaker 3: Todd, what did I learn today?
Speaker 17: Dan Lebertard informs us that to his cap hit over the next four years of Miami is more than Josh Allen's with Buffalo and Matty's an issue.
Speaker 3: I hope you had fun this week with us. We did.
Speaker 2: We'll try to do better coming up on Monday. Have a safe weekend, fun weekend, and we look forward to talking to you on Monday.