Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the cycle. I am Ryan Warmley, joined by Mike Mayer. This is part three of our episode. This week we are talking pitching streamers and our two start picture competition. Quick reminder for everybody, if you are struggling with lineup decisions, our lineup Assistant recommends optimal lineup suggestions to maximize your team's performance each day or week. Just sink your league for tailored guidance based on your roster and league settings. Download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app or visit Fantasypros dot com slash MLB My Playbook to set your winning lineup today. Mayor you did not prep for our starting pitcher streamers for next week segment, so we will be doing this live, running through the Fantasy Pros tool and pick. We will do it live. We will not say that folk quote, but we will do it live and we will go through some streamers here each day of the upcoming week. Go ahead and start us.
Speaker 2: Off well, Worm, I don't have to prep because I have the Fantasy Pros Starting Pitture Streamer tool, So we're just going to do it together, just like on the last episode we updated my rankings together now we're going to go through streaming pictures together, and so we'll go through, like you said, day by day, and I'll read off some of the ones. I'm not going to mention players that are rostered in a majority of places, and so I kind of filtered this by I put in my shallowest league, which happens to be our internal ESPN league, because ESPN is a small roster, shallow format, and so I have I'm only showing to myself players who are available in that shallow league so that they should be available in your league for streaming on Monday. The top ranked pictures are Ben Brown, who has been hot of late at Saint Louis, Eduardo Rodriguez at the White Sox, which on our tool is highlighted in green as a very you know, a top five matchup at the White Sox, which you know I would agree, Nick Lodola, who he might not be available in your league anyway, he's fifty one percent rostered, but he's against the Yankees. I'm gonna stay away from that one. And then Chad Patrick against the Pirates, or Shane Smith against the Diamondbacks, or Walker Bueller against the Angels. Shane Smith is coming off a clunker, and the Diamondbacks, even though they haven't been playing great, it's still not a matchup. I want to target Chad Patrick. Even though it's a good matchup, I don't know that I trust him enough to even though it's a Pirates. I think for Monday, even though it's a it's kind of a terrifying thing to do. I think I'm gonna roll the dice with Edward or Roady, you guys against the White Sox because you're gonna get strikeouts, even though he's a terrifying pitcher.
Speaker 1: That was gonna be my pick too, of the names you write out.
Speaker 2: All right on to Tuesday. So for Tuesday, the top ranked pitcher is probably the one I would go with TODs Bradley at the Royals. He's the top rand picture for Tuesday, and the Royals are, according to the tool, a top five matchup. You could also justin Berylanders on this. Every week he's always like near the top. I just I think maybe once I had the stones to do it. This week it is the Marlins, though, who I'm shocked to see in the tool, even though it's an offense. We've been targeting a lot They're not a top five offense to target like, meaning they're a bottom five offense for fantasy in the league. So it's surprising that that they're not. But Nick Martinez against Yankee's not doing that. Ryan Nelson has a White Sox, not enough upside for there. He's not a big strikeout guy. Luis Avarno is a Tiger, is staying away from that. I think I'm just gonna stick with TODJ. Bradley at the Royals.
Speaker 1: I think you're crazy, you think.
Speaker 3: So TOJS Stash, Bradley's last three starts four innings, seven to earned runs, two walks, two strikeouts, four innings, five runs, none of them earned but still five runs.
Speaker 1: We talked about that in the first segment. That's still something. Four walks, five strikeouts, and then the most recent one one in the third innings six earned runs and two strikeouts. That's three straight Really.
Speaker 2: Poor to do for a bounce back. I actually thought his last start was better than that, So maybe I'm mistaken.
Speaker 1: He thought his last start where he gave up six earned runs in an inning at.
Speaker 2: No better than That's what I'm saying. I thought his last start was like a good one and not that clunker, so I must be thinking of a different picture. Was Shane bob that was recently?
Speaker 1: I think Shane Boss that I couldn't tell you, but I only know because the Orioles scored like eight runs off Bradley, or I guess it was only six earned runs, but they destroyed him last night, which is why I'm thinking of it.
Speaker 2: All right. I'm might have to rethink this then, because in my mind Todd Bradley had a good start his last time out. But I'm I must be. I'm going to see how his.
Speaker 1: Last good, actual good start was June first.
Speaker 2: Now I was just talking about it must be mixing up my pictures here. I'm glad you called me. It was Shane Bass, Shane Boz six shutout innings, six strikeouts, So I was mixing up my raised pictures.
Speaker 1: Your talented rais Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking. I thought he was heating up, but quite the opposite. So you're right, let's stay away from Dosh Bradley. We'll leave that in. We don't need to edit that out. That's just my mistake where I'm calling you out.
Speaker 1: No, I would am, I insist that would let that in.
Speaker 2: So what do you think are you going to go with Justin Berlander against the Marlins?
Speaker 1: Honestly, none of them stitd out to me this might be a day I skip. I always say sometimes the best streamer is to not stream anyone.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I would maybe.
Speaker 1: Do, Nick Martinez if he wasn't facing the Yankees, although the Yankees have not scored well lately, so maybe.
Speaker 2: There is a dark horse here. He is possibly rostered in your league. He's got a fifty percent consensus roster rate across the leagues, which means like he's probably rostered in CBS, he's not rostered in ESPN, and it's fifty to fifty whether or not he's rostered in your Yahoo league. But Jacob is Eroski, it was like a really exciting prospect. He's he gets the Pirates, so he's a really fun, exciting picture with a big arm, and he has a good matchup. I think if he's available, that's what I'm doing. And he's not like highly rated, but that's because it's he's just, you know, so new.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I considered him in our waivers segment, but he was too rostered for it. I I would pick him over the other names you read, Yeah, I just swing for the upside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Jacob Missy Ross available obviously. Yeah, Tuesday, all right, let's do Wednesday. This this day is also not looking great. Gavin Williams against the Blue Ja Blue Jays is not doing that. Michael Waka against the Rays at home. I don't hate that one.
Speaker 1: Raise a bit hot lately though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And when it comes to streaming, I always kind of, you know, you look at like best and worst case scenario, and even in the best case scenario, Waka does not strike out a lot of a lot of batters, and so it's you know, it's more likely this is not going to go all for you than if it then if it is going to go well for you. Edward Cabrera at San Francisco with with Raphael Endeavors, I'm probably not doing that. I don't trust Cabrera just yet. Colton Gordon against the Phillies, Nope. Brady Singer against the Yankees, Nope. I think this is a stay away. Maybe maybe you do. Tomy Yuki Sigano against the Rangers. But and the other name I would considers Hunter Dobbins, who's been hot against the Angels. Those are those are the two pictures with decent matchups who should be available. But I think if you really unless you really need endings, it's probably a stay away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think i'd largely stay away, like Dobbins is probably my favorite.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna have to adjust my filters because Thursday, I'm not even seeing any matchups for like Thursday, and there were the rest of the week in the tool. Unless what unless I'm just just my.
Speaker 1: Filters, we're gonna SeeMe this is operator error and not an issue.
Speaker 2: Hopefully, what there are we on Thursday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, maybe you should prep for these segments in the future.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm always looking at the tool. The tool right now is blank. Let me adjust my filter again.
Speaker 1: Why don't you look at Friday and see if it's just a one.
Speaker 2: Day four days it's through the weekend. It could just be a glitch with what's going on. But well, I'll just look at the schedule. So for Thursday, he's been good since it's been back. He's probably roster in a decent amount of places. But are any interest in Clayton Kershaw at the Rockies?
Speaker 1: Not really? Is do you have interest in him? Uh?
Speaker 2: He's been good. I don't know if I mean, it's also like the Rockies offense has been better, and Coursefield isn't like the scary monster that it used to be because their offense hasn't been great, but they have been better. But that's probably like a low upside, low floor situation. Shane Boss at the Royals, your.
Speaker 1: Boy, it's been hot, definitely him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might be rostered Eric Lower against the Guardians. I don't know that I'm going to do that one. It's again a low op side. It's a really small slate on Thursday, and this is probably another stay away day unless Bass unless available. I don't think many of these other guys are going to be available Friday. Do uh you know he's been hot. It's a bad matchup, though, is Brian Beao. He's been hot. He just shut down the Yankees. But it is at home against the Blue Jays. I don't know that I want to mess around with Blue Jays. That offense has been been good, but BeO has been pretty good too. He just.
Speaker 1: I'd I think I'd be interested in it. I'd be open to it if I really wanted to.
Speaker 2: The Yankee Star looked a lot better before the Yankees just like haven't scored a run since that starts, So it doesn't look as good now when you were like, wow, you shut down the Yankees, and it's like, oh, the Yankees actually stinking right now. Or maybe he broke he might have broken the Yank freeland at the Brewers not doing that, Noah Cameron. He's probably rostered though. And also it's against the Dodgers, so no, no, I have about Jose Ciriano Soriano against the Nationals.
Speaker 1: Man, the Nationals stinky. They still lost like eleven in a row. They haven't won one yet. Right, I'm not forgetting away.
Speaker 2: I'm bid I know that there. Their manager came out and was like, well, I can tell you one thing.
Speaker 1: It's not the coaches, and I was like, yikes, I've never even when they won the World Series. I've never been a big Davey Martinez guy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what a quote. Yeah, Nick abel is probably rostered landing group against the White Sox, and I could do that. He's also if you're in points leagues, he's probably rostered in points leagues though, because of their relief picture eligibility, I've I roster him in a couple of point leagues for that reason. So that he's you know, you can start him in a reliever spot. I pretty much roll him out there whenever. He's a two star pitcher in my relief spot. Yeah, that's that's probably it for Friday. But I got to be honest, that's more than we normally get out of Fridays, So it's not bad. Yeah, onto the weekend Saturday sears at the Yankees. Nope, even though the Yankees are not the Yankees right now, it's in Yankee Stadium and at some point they're going to be the Yankees again, and I'm not. I don't want to be like holding the hot potato when they when they turn back of the Yankees. So how about your boy Kramer against the Rays? You said the Rays have been hot.
Speaker 1: Though they have been hot, it's still not a.
Speaker 2: Very scary line.
Speaker 1: So I would say no.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's not a good pitcher, but they're not scary line up either.
Speaker 1: Well, he's capable of having a good start, but I just find him too hard to predict, so I wouldn't risk it.
Speaker 2: This guy's astorship is he's been a streamer in the past. The past few weeks, his Rochester has been coming up with Colin Ray. He gets the Astros, which we normally think are the Astros as a scary offense, and they're not very good right now, and so they're actually an offense you want to target.
Speaker 1: And so Colin Ray, is it not RAYA? Is it Ray?
Speaker 2: I used to say Ray, and I've heard keep other people say Ray. So I think it's Ray.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is Ray. I don't know. I'm not going to claim to know that one.
Speaker 2: I mean, we can look it up. We have the resources on our at our disposal. We got nine minutes, nine minutes to play with and gosh darn it, we're gonna use all of them. It's just Ray, it.
Speaker 1: Is I would prefer that we don't because I have another show.
Speaker 2: It is Ray, Yeah, but I don't, So it's fine, okay. Andrew Abbott's.
Speaker 1: Uh, no.
Speaker 2: Houser, no Gusto, no Casparius for the Dodgers is not a bad one. He's available in a lot of places, and he's pitched pretty well when he's got a chance, and he's at the Royals, it's a he's a good one. Good offense behind him facing the Royals. That's probably my choice is casparious. Will Warren has also been Britain pretty.
Speaker 1: Hot eleven strikeouts last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Athletics, that's a weird offense because like if they feel like they should be a lot better than they are. They have a lot of big, big names, they have firepower, but it feels like they go quiet a lot. But I also don't know that I want to like tease that like this game. I mean, for that game, it wouldn't matter which ballpark's in because they're both good for hitters, but that one is in Yankee Stadium, So I'm probab gonna say away from them, but I'll probably just go Cosparius for Saturday and then on to Sunday. Not doing Sevarino against the Yankees, not doing your boy, Trevor Rodgers, not doing Walker Bueller against the Blue Jays. Jamison Tyone, He's roster in a lot of places, but he should be more roster because he's been like sneaky really good this year. James and Tyone, he's got the astros. If he's available, I'm definitely streaming him. He also would be a two star pitcher this week. If you want to if you're you want to get down with that, he's rostered in a lot of places, but he's available in a lot of leagues too, because I was just looking at him last night for a couple of my leagues when I was prepping my bids for the weekend. And then the other one is Chad Patrick, who we kind of put our nose up at him for Monday. But if you want to go with Patrick in a weekly league, he is home against the Pirates, home against the Rockies. So that's not a bad two star pitcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: So I'll probably just stop there. That's probably what I'll do and rangers for us if he's available, pick him up two star picture this week, but he's probably not available.
Speaker 1: And then I assume you prepared a bunch of honorable mentions too.
Speaker 2: Uh No, we just talked about all of them. We honored all of them.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get let's go to the two start picture competition here. Uh we're a couple of weeks delayed and catching up with the scoring because we missed last week, so we had Carlos for down against Joe Ryan. I made the decision that were Don was better. The total fantasy points was close, but I think if you look at the two stat lines across those, it was pretty clear that Radon not by much but was slightly better. Now we have an interesting scenario with the most recently completed week. We obviously didn't do one last week, so we actually don't have anything besides this most completed week. You had Andrew Abbit, I had Chris Sale. Kelly picked Chris Sale for me. Actually neither of them made two starts to that, and both of them made had excellent starts, but they each only made one start. So I don't really know how we want to proceed with this, and we just throw it out just throughout the week. Okay, I'm okay with that, mostly because the one start for Abbott was a complete game shutout, so I would have lost if we did the one start to each other. But the fact that it happened for both I think, and I don't know why it happened because it happened whill I was on vacation, so I wasn't paying attention. I don't think there was like injury related. It just seemed like both some schedule was reworked at some point in the rotation in and neither of them happened, So both great starts now here. Here's what I will ask you this. Can we reuse those players?
Speaker 2: I would say yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I am so eligible to use Chris Sale. You are so eligible to use Andrew Abbit?
Speaker 2: Are you going to use him right now this week?
Speaker 1: Because he's I'll take that trade?
Speaker 3: Uh No?
Speaker 1: Truthfully, I didn't actually remember to look, so.
Speaker 2: He does make two stared look.
Speaker 1: Okay, well maybe I will. Who are you going with?
Speaker 2: Three years? Well, I should tell you his matchups before you decided to pick him, because it is.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna pull it up now because I just I completely forgot to actually prepare this, and I'm only realizing now.
Speaker 2: So I knew I didn't prepare mine now, but I also didn't make a pick. But I I already picked Treek School. It would have been my school, would have been my pick. We've both already used to Reek Schooble, so I can't use him.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, who's who are Sales matchups? I might just pick him he's.
Speaker 2: At the Mets and then home versus the Phillies. I'm gonna go with Brian Woo Woo Woo, Brian Woo Mighty Ducks two for you. I know you love that movie. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Classic? Uh oh? Should I go Ranger Sores?
Speaker 2: Yeah? If not?
Speaker 1: Now he does have he gets he does have at Atlanta and at Houston. I don't know if I like that. Combo thinks boo bitch gets the Dodgers, which is unfortunate. Framberg gets the Phillies and the Cubs. I've used Scooble, which who would be the obvious choice?
Speaker 2: Of course, which I said. If you're listening when I was talking, I.
Speaker 1: Know I'm thinking out loud. I did hear you say that? Clay Holmes also gets the Braves in a start? Do I want to be a Castillo? Has been bad, but he has a couple of decent matchup no stop stop, Maybe I should do Chad Mitchell Parker. I will go with I could do ty Own. You're selling him. But in this scoring setting.
Speaker 2: I don't know this economy.
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't get enough strikeouts and so in our league settings that's gonna really hurt me. I will go, and I'm just I'm just delaying at this point. I go Taj Bradley.
Speaker 2: Coming off a great start.
Speaker 1: Now Bradley, Yeah, now joking aside. I will go with you know what, I'll go Ranger Suarez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Lean into it all right.
Speaker 2: Hopefully this is not.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say. It may very well be all right, So we'll see how that goes. I got a guy out here to go do another show, so we'll go ahead and wrap up there. Thanks very ready for tuning in for Mayor. I'm Ryan Warman. We'll see you again next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Pod. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB