Speaker 1: Okay, we just need to apologize right now for taking over your TikTok for you page.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: All the old ones are going viral, but the new ones are so much better. Okay, I'm so glad you found them. Follow like whatever you're supposed to do on these podcasts and just sit back and listen the.
Speaker 4: Second date of date.
Speaker 5: The number one reason that people email, call, or try and get in contact with the show is obviously feet picks, and both Jose and Alexis have given theirs out countless times.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wait, people want Jose's feet picks.
Speaker 3: I've seen you in foot PLoP. I'm sorry, Love, I just some people.
Speaker 4: It's like how some people enjoy horror movies. You know, same deal.
Speaker 5: But the second most common reason people reach out to us is to get another date when someone's blowing you off. And while our listener Nick says he would like another date, there's something even more important that he wants to do, and that's to say, I'm sorry, So Nick, welcome to the show. I'm sorry that you have to call it. So I'd like to apologize. First, you must be at a super low point in your life. If you're reaching out to this show.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie it's not good.
Speaker 3: But that's a powerful phrase. I'm sorry, you know, people don't say it enough. So already I feel like you're in a good place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so tell us about the woman that you'd like to apologize too.
Speaker 4: What's her name?
Speaker 2: Her name is Alicia?
Speaker 3: Alicia?
Speaker 1: Okay, and I'm guessing you met her on a dating app just.
Speaker 2: To stab in theod guess a psychic Okay, Brooke.
Speaker 4: What did they do for their date?
Speaker 2: I don't know, good dinner.
Speaker 5: We don't even need to talk to you, Nick, We're just gonna ask what she thinks.
Speaker 4: Happy her brooks?
Speaker 1: No, I do always like to know, like what it was about her that stood out to you.
Speaker 3: You know, what did you like about Alicia?
Speaker 2: She's definitely cute, fatigue, she got this beautiful smile and so yeah, we got to chatting, and that's where it really like kicked in because we were talking for a little over a week and we were just vibing. Right.
Speaker 5: Oh, so the chatting actually made things better for you.
Speaker 4: I don't have that experience.
Speaker 3: You just like go with the date, even though the conversation gets worse.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying as soon as I start talking, that's where things start to.
Speaker 4: Go down hill. But for Nick, apparently, what's the opposite way? Good for you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Maybe he should take your job.
Speaker 2: It was the chatting that was great. When we got to the talking is where I think I screwed it up.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're talking about in person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what happened on the date?
Speaker 2: You know what. It didn't happen on the date. It happened before the date. I got two parking tickets that day, like back to back, and then we're going out that night and I'm just I was kind of pissed off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, franky Nick was walking into the date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was like, I don't know, I had this rapport with her and I just felt maybe a little too comfortable because I wasn't first date mode anymore. I was just ready. I just had to like vent and I did it, and I complained and yeah, did you have to.
Speaker 4: Drive to the date and park again because you're.
Speaker 3: Worried about his parking decisions?
Speaker 2: Definitely second guessing every time I leave that card out.
Speaker 1: So are you saying, like, I mean, you guys are sitting down at dinner in the entire time, that's all you're talking.
Speaker 3: About or did you launch in right from the beginning, Like.
Speaker 2: I did launch in from the beginning, and I could tell it was a mood killer, and so I tried to pivot. I tried to make some jokes. They didn't land. She was like looking at her phone a lot, Like got that when it's just going to be over.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's hard to go into a date and the first thing you get is negative, like you wanted to get to ask about you, not hear about them complain about their.
Speaker 5: Lives exactly, Like this is that why you want to apologize to Alicia?
Speaker 4: Because you complained?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, what I did something? I'm I'm so embarrassed to even tell you guys this. I'm always going to regret this. I said, you know what, if this is going to be our last date and I'm going to enjoy everything that I paid for, what does that mean? I reached across the table, I grabbed Margarita, and I just chugged it in front of her.
Speaker 1: Why you like chugged her Margarita, Well, it's because.
Speaker 5: She was on her phone not paying attention to you.
Speaker 2: Like I knew that I came in negative, but I felt like she was kind of being a little bit of it. Can I say anyway.
Speaker 3: If you ever start with can I say, just don't say it?
Speaker 2: But you know, she said, like what are you doing? Then I said, I can tell you're not interested. Let's just call it what it is, like, what are you gonna eat the rest of my salad? And and yeah you did?
Speaker 3: Huh just really chewing. Theres so much chewing on that salad you did.
Speaker 2: There's nothing so sad as just like angry salad eating.
Speaker 4: You really did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean she got off and left, but I used to goat there and ate the damn salad.
Speaker 3: Man, I think we should call her. Girls are into guys that are jerks. I think you need to chalk this up as a really big lesson. But like, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: He said that he wanted to say sorry. Now it's making a whole lot more sense.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he doesn't expect to date here. He just wants to say, look, I'm sorry you caught me in a bad moment.
Speaker 1: Even if you would have done it without the line like that I paid for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys are like, that's not a conversation you should have to after marriage for sure.
Speaker 4: So have you even tried. Have you tried to apologize just by yourself yet?
Speaker 2: Nick? Oh? Yeah, she blocked me right, and I know I was terrible, and I really do just I do just want to apologize, but also like, I've been on three dates since then, and nothing even starts to compare to what we kind of had when you know before that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you drink all those dates alcoholic beverage?
Speaker 2: I listen. I'm not a fast learner, but some lessons are learned quickly, and that's why I will do it again.
Speaker 3: We're about growth.
Speaker 4: It's all about growth. I was just going to say, you fell on your sword.
Speaker 5: You admitted you're wrong, so let's right, you're wrong, and uh, I'll be here for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I like when Jose does my job. We're gonna play you know, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do a second date update next because of everything Jose said. Yeah, a lot of people believe in the idea of love at first sight, love it first kiss. Okay, oh yeah, on this show, we're hoping for love at first apology.
Speaker 4: Nick blew it big time on his first date. Where did he go the most wrong?
Speaker 5: Was it when he came in hot and vented about the two parking tickets that he got earlier that day or was it when he reached across the table, grabbed her margarita and gulped it down in front of her in frustration, cringe.
Speaker 4: Ate her salad as she got up and walked away. Imagine yelling at her with a mouthful. Oh yeah, well take this.
Speaker 5: So Nick knows he messed up and badly wants to apologize to see if there's any chance for him to get another date and Brooke, are there any hurtful things that you would like to say to him to make him feel worse before we do this, because that's kind of been the trend lately.
Speaker 3: I know, Matt that you're blaming it.
Speaker 4: His name is nickister.
Speaker 3: I met Nick. You can interchange a Mat and a Nick.
Speaker 1: I mean anyway, Wow, okay, listen, Nick, I do think that you need to be very careful in this phone call that you do not have any big emotion, because you have to show her if you're going to apologize that you can't actually control your emotions.
Speaker 2: No, I totally agree with you. I mean, I'm in a much calmer place today. I don't no barking tickets today. Nothing's going on.
Speaker 4: I mean, the day is early, Ben. You don't know how this is going to go? All right, Kyle, Okay, whatever, Tim, let's just do this. I'm just messing around.
Speaker 2: Nick.
Speaker 5: We're going to call Alicia hopefully let you do your apology and maybe get you a second date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you guys should throw off a hail Mary at the end there, but that'd be amazing.
Speaker 3: You took a margarita from a woman. I don't.
Speaker 4: We're going to do our best. Here we go. I'm a dialar number right now. Hello, Hey, is this Alicia?
Speaker 3: She sounds so nice, she does.
Speaker 5: I hope we don't ruin your day with this, but we're calling from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hi, Alicia, Oka, not ruined yet.
Speaker 6: Hill.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling really bad about what we're going to do here.
Speaker 5: We want to do something a little bit awkward with you called a second date update.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay. The idea is.
Speaker 5: We help our listeners who've gone out on a bad date recently try and redeem themselves and hopefully get things back on track. And recently you went out with one of our listeners named Nick, Yeah, yeah, Nick does not like how your first date went.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't like how he acted.
Speaker 4: I think, Yeah, you know what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Yes, that was probably like the most ridiculous date I've ever been on.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Nick actually agrees with you on that.
Speaker 6: He does. That's surprising.
Speaker 5: You mean, he had a moment of self awareness after everything was over, and he knows that he.
Speaker 4: Acted like a total child about the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I want to know what it was like from her perspective.
Speaker 4: Really good, I'm guessing.
Speaker 3: I mean, what were you thinking?
Speaker 6: We went on this day and he was clearly having like a bad day. He came in off the bat hot about his parking tickets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so we do know this part of the story. Nick told us he was complaining about parking tickets, and she's regretful for he made some bad jokes, he said, And the worst part was when he drank your margarita in front of him, my margarito.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh my god, that was the statement piece of the night.
Speaker 1: What god I would have been. I mean, obviously you got up and left right because you were so angry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I left when he started eating my taco salad.
Speaker 3: Salad, what a monster. Honestly, he is a monsterous What was.
Speaker 4: What was your main feeling there? Other than hunger and thirst?
Speaker 6: The main feeling was probably just confusion.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, well, so here's the thing.
Speaker 5: Nick reached out to us because he's seen the air of his ways. And I'm not asking you to go out with him again right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 5: But I am asking if you would consider hearing Nick.
Speaker 3: Out here in his apology.
Speaker 5: As a favor to me, the guy that you just met over the phone, favorite.
Speaker 6: To you guys, as a favorite to you guys. I mean, I guess I could hear him out. You could tell him to call me, but like, oh not, not too bad, I have to like unblock his number fish.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you don't even have to unblock his number, because actually we have good news, or I guess news. Nick is actually on the other line listening right now and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: So you're gonna call Nick now or what?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna do anything except step away and let Nick talk because he's already there.
Speaker 4: Yes, Nick, Hi, it's me.
Speaker 6: What exactly is happening?
Speaker 2: Nick?
Speaker 4: Do you want to explain? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do. I I just want to apologize to you because for what happened, because it was definitely rude. Yeah, I mean, but I'm just saying, like I wouldn't have done it if you had like laughed at one of my jokes, dropped in secure, wait for a second, So apologize it or you're not like not I am. I am totally owning what I did was so wrong. I am so sorry. I was rude, And the only thing I'm just saying is that it is a two way street. Like and you also did stuff that like you triggered me.
Speaker 6: Oh really, it's my fault that you drank my Margarita?
Speaker 4: What the hell?
Speaker 1: No, No, get her on the phone for you to harass her again?
Speaker 4: Did you say she triggered you?
Speaker 2: Like you you knew I was in a bad place, Like that was obvious, right, I mean, I know I came in too hot, but like I thought, we had a good rapport and you understood me, and.
Speaker 3: She didn't guide you to happiness.
Speaker 5: He was a ticking time bomb when he came in, and she should have diffused it rather than let it go off.
Speaker 3: She responsible for your emotions or the way you react to things.
Speaker 4: You've triggered me, So many times on this show. Have you never said a single back.
Speaker 3: You're in charge of your own emotions. Nobody else is.
Speaker 2: I am in charge of my emotion. I'm just saying, if somebody is down, you don't like kick them when they're down, You like to pick them up.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so nice.
Speaker 1: She didn't say what, honestly, like, I thought she was going to go on a tirade about you when we called her and she didn't know you were on the other line.
Speaker 3: She didn't say anything actually mean about you.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but that's the problem. She didn't say anything.
Speaker 5: And sometimes when you say nothing actually speaks more than when you say something sarcastic.
Speaker 3: And Nick is going to understand it.
Speaker 5: I understand the pain of what it's like when you tell a joke or you try and say something nice and get nothing better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, thank you, Nick.
Speaker 1: It really honestly sounds like you're blaming her for not laughing at your jokes, and that's why you reacted that way.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I am I am sorry. I definitely did something so wrong. Yes, I just I judge it. It's just a two way street. I'm not the only person who was at that table bro, this is one.
Speaker 5: Alicia, would you like to take the opportunity to apologize for.
Speaker 4: So insecure?
Speaker 3: Thanks for giving her an He's joking, Alicia, or maybe.
Speaker 4: Not, Alicia.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry that I didn't offer to pay your parking ticket.
Speaker 3: Dang, do not say that she's joking? Now you're joking, right, Alicia?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 5: Okay, you don't feel bad that you made him feel insecure.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure how I made him feel in shore.
Speaker 2: I think you.
Speaker 3: DEI true colors.
Speaker 5: I'm just glad that he's not in the same room with her because he'd be eating her breakfast right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my coffee.
Speaker 3: I paid for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Actually, we would like to give you that opportunity and send you out on another date. I mean, Alicia, did his apology not fill you with romantic feelings?
Speaker 6: An apology?
Speaker 5: I heard him say so at least four or five times in Two Way Street.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have bad days in my life. You're gonna have bad days in my life. And I like, I'm not just talking about this moment. I'm talking about how two people can like help each other in life.
Speaker 5: Nick, we want to send you onto one of his bad days and we'll pay for What do you say, Alicia?
Speaker 6: I say, you can send Nick on a date and he can order to launcheres.
Speaker 4: Oh so it's a yes, but not with her, just by myself. Okay? Can I count that as a win?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is everyone done taking shots at this guy?
Speaker 4: You said shots and Alexis got excited?
Speaker 1: Yeah, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Well, text board is not a big fan of Nick right now.
Speaker 3: Shocking.
Speaker 4: I mean, clearly he made a couple pretty bad mistakes on his first date.
Speaker 5: We didn't even talk about how rude it was that she was on her phone in front of him. Normally we'd say that's really rude. But for him to trump that and be like, forget you down her margarita, that's just savage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like two rudes don't make a right. How it goes? Is that right?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like his apology was worse though, What a terrible apology?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine be in a relationship with that guy? Can you scream these people better before you ring on?
Speaker 4: And well, I'm sorry you feel that way?
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: I mean I don't know what the margarita thing? Would you guys ever do that as a joke, even with your friends.
Speaker 1: Honestly, God, if someone touched my margarita, even if my friend, that's not funny.
Speaker 3: Unless unless they had to margarita's behind their back that they're gonna get that be kind of funny.
Speaker 1: It was one of your children, Brooke, drinking my margarita, then we have bigger problem.
Speaker 4: Thought mom was gonna be proud of her five year old at that point.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean, I don't even funny. Necessarily feel bad for Nick for not getting.
Speaker 4: Another date there. He's got a lot of work to do.
Speaker 3: I feel bad that we've wasted her time like that.
Speaker 5: She was so nice, she gave him an opening to apologize, and he couldn't even do that right.
Speaker 4: As Brooke said many many times.
Speaker 3: Maybe he'll learn now. Yeah, I doubt it.
Speaker 5: But there's always hope. Okay, yeah, we could maybe be your hope. Email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling
Speaker 3: You back Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,