Speaker 1: Leading off is going down right now.
Speaker 2: I am the Welsh Chris Welsh on Twitter at is at the Welsh and folks it's a wonky Wednesday, that's right. Kelly Kirby's in the house on Twitter at the Wonky Penguin.
Speaker 1: Kelly, what is going on?
Speaker 2: I am excited for the Wonky the special Wonky home run call.
Speaker 1: Of the day, because it's quite a doozy you got going on.
Speaker 3: I know this one seems really interesting to me, but I'll just give you a hint that I thought Arizona was in last place, so I got a lot more excited that.
Speaker 4: I just always forget about Tolrado.
Speaker 1: So well, you're gonna play Philly. They're not going to be in last place in any.
Speaker 4: DIVISSI It's true.
Speaker 1: You need to get to do that. We are going to talk about a said prospect on the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about another top prospect. We're going to talk about the fears we have of the injuries of losing a top player, but it's looking like it's not going to quite be and we're gonna go through the home run contest on a wonky Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Probably the best day of the week, I would.
Speaker 2: Say, when we get the wonky Wednesday and we get special calls, Kelly, I think you'd agree, right.
Speaker 4: Oh, absolutely, Monkey Wednesday's the best.
Speaker 2: I like this wonky on the Welsh Wonky in the well has a good ring to it, and that's pretty good it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I would also point out, just like Bob said, he hit the thumbs up on the way and did you make sure you guys like the videos on the live streams and make sure that you guys subscribe so you get notified anytime we go live, because you never know. I don't know what the plans are, but what if there's stuff in the off season, what if there's Dynasty content? What if you just forget where you are all of a sudden and then it's March and the show comes back and you're not notified.
Speaker 1: Just make sure you're notified.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to the YouTube channel for leading off on the Fantasy Pro MLB channel, and you'll be all set and then you have absolutely no worries in the world. And that's all that we're asking for. The fear that we had that was clankering around for every fan see Baseball Owner, just Fantasy Baseball or baseball fan was Shane McClanahan being scratched from his start last night, stating that he couldn't get his left arm to quote get loose. One of the scariest parts of this is they had just a whole bunch of cameras. I was watching him tonight, I think what was going on, and they cut to it and they showed him throwing, and then they showed him talking to one of the pitching coaches.
Speaker 1: And like as like a dad.
Speaker 2: It was like a dad moment where he just kind of topples over into the pitching coach's arms and kind of tears.
Speaker 1: Up, and you see that and you go, oh no, oh no.
Speaker 2: We all were like, no, we can't do not Tommy John and take this.
Speaker 1: Away from us.
Speaker 2: But Kelly, we got some good news, as McClanahan after the game said that we don't think it's anything major, hopefully, and I think we're going to be all right.
Speaker 1: So possible crisis averted.
Speaker 3: Possibly, But I do remember going through this with Tyler Glassnow a little bit as well, where it's like it's no big deal, it's fine, and then off we went. So what is it about Tampa? What is it about Tampa where they have just amazing pictures and then they have issues, so like it's kind of a very weird Shane Bass.
Speaker 4: I mean it's like here we are.
Speaker 2: It obviously is built into something, you know, getting like it almost like to have like a sheet down of like the intricacies of how teams.
Speaker 1: Work, like the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: They've changed this now, but the Diamondbacks had a pretty well known like they didn't want cutters thrown. I think it was I think it was cutters or and I think it was just in lieu of sliders and they weren't letting their pitchers do that. And you kind of get like similar things in development, and there's a certain point almost like something you.
Speaker 1: Can look at again.
Speaker 2: I'm making about the Diamonbacks because I know them very well, where it's like, why are these prospects always having these shoulder issues? Is there something to the players or how the regimen is going? Same thing with Tampa Bay, because it's a really good point. What's with the arm issues? I mean, remember Brent Honeywell. Brent Honeywell's out there, Shane Boss is dealing with it. McClanahan. Is it something in how they are teaching or maybe not teaching these guys to do. I don't know what it is, but I am just like crossing my fingers because I think McClanahan is, if not at the top of the Dynasty number one overall pitchers, and I think for next year, if we're looking at early ranks, he's got to be at least in the top three. When you agree, yeah, Brendan McKay, that's another one good one go cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I would say for me and Dynasty, he was number one mister buster, and I've been talking about that, but it's like, this is the guy you want and he would be the ultimate. This is why we can't have nice things example, if he actually goes down, because I mean, he's just been beautiful. I like, I arrange my schedule to watch him pitch just because he's great.
Speaker 2: And it's one of those things with bets too. It's just like get out there. I completely agree. And how many pitchers are there out there that are like that?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: For me, I think it is a contra it's McClanahan and de Gram those are the only three that are like appointment. I don't want to take anything away from Verlander or Corbyn Burns or anything like that. But if you know me personally, when it's appointment time, it's those three and it's only those three in baseball, and that says something.
Speaker 3: M Yeah, absolutely, I mean I might throw show Ay in there occasionally, just I mean, he's not musty for me.
Speaker 4: But but yeah, I tuned in.
Speaker 3: I mean I tuned into the grom starts even being at Grump. I'm like, I have got that. I mean I've showed him to like friends who happened to be over him, Like just a second, you have to watch this like the best picture, and he's like, OK, and everybody's like, can we not talk about that?
Speaker 2: I am about to tell you, Kelly, I want to hear something nice about to Groam because I didn't think I thought you were going to move past it.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate that you did. You did very absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's amazing to watch out there, right, I just don't want him in fantasy.
Speaker 1: Yep, Okay, I still want him. But yeah, that's the thing. Orioles have selected.
Speaker 2: The contract of top prospect. Arguably in the conversation. If you go over to like the more traditionalist of prospect evaluators, Francisco Alvarez might be there because he's a catcher. Some outlets have Gunnar Henderson and some have Corman Carroll, so he's in that argument. Uh, Gunner Henderson has been called up by the Orioles one day before. He would not be eligible to make the playoffs. So rosters are going to expand to twenty eight tomorrow and he is getting the call up and he will now be eligible. The twenty one year old hitting almost three hundred in the miners, nineteen homers, twenty two stolen bases between double A and triple A. He was playing a little bit of second base to play shortstop. I think a lot of evaluators have kind of assumed he was going to be a future third baseman as well. There's just a lot of flexibility that's given. And we've kind of completed the the I don't know if it's a triad because who is the so maybe it's just the duo of Corby Carroll and Gunner Henderson. Francisco Walvarez I think completes the triad of guys. But he's hurt and may miss the rest of the season, so we are going to get Gunner Henderson for the rest of this year, and I hope I don't know about you, Kelly, I hope it takes the same trajectory as Corbyn Carroll in that the team says, we don't have him here just to have fun. He is here to play every single day. That's the hope we're going to see with Gunner Henderson.
Speaker 1: I would hope.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I think he is ready and they could use the help. I mean again, every time I look at the standings and there are three games out of the wildcard and I'm just like, how are they still hanging around?
Speaker 4: And maybe he could be just the infusion of energy.
Speaker 3: And again that the positional flexibility because I saw the second base and a lot of third base, and if he retains all of that for next year, then he's you know, that's gonna be an important part as well.
Speaker 2: And it'll be like the legend, the legend of Gunner Henderson. If he can come in and he can bring any war to this team and bring any extra wins and get them to the playoffs, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Live an infamy. I mean, it is gonna be a huge thing.
Speaker 2: So here's my question, then, who would you rather have rest of season Gunner Henderson or Corving Carroll.
Speaker 1: You got take care of Carroll? Oh yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Should we talk about Corbick Carroll here because I've got some stuff here in just a tiny bit if you're ready.
Speaker 3: Is there anything I could say that would deter you from that? Nope, not a single can't talk and I think we should do that.
Speaker 2: You can't talk about any of that stuff because that's a baller and I've got some stuff here here in a little bit.
Speaker 1: But I would say, just like the Corba Carroll stuff, go pick up gun Henderson. There's no reason plenty of leagues, I.
Speaker 2: Know plenty of you are gonna be like it's a emerginal league without who Gunnerson's available? Like okay, well they don't pick him up because he's not available, But if he is, go and pick him up because it's gonna be a great asset for the final few months. He's got power, He's got a great swing, hitting around three hundred across two levels.
Speaker 1: Also can be a source of stolen bases, which.
Speaker 2: That team is almost becoming like the couple of years ago Royals, where it's just like every guy in that lineup has an opportunity to steal some bases and Gunner would be one of those guys.
Speaker 1: Also, no big deal.
Speaker 2: But Aaron Judge when three for five hit a three run bomb his fifty first of the year, I guess there's still one more day that's in there. But we were doing the whole like fifty homers before September type of thing, and he just moved up that list and I did see and we're not gonna do it. But just a lot of extended chatter online after the fifty first homer between the whole like real homer thing, Roger.
Speaker 1: Marris and you know, the award.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's gonna be a lot of controversy around this Judge thing, but maybe not the controversy that we're used to in that Like, I think you will have the defense of Shoo Tani, which I still think of this day as great as judges or Tanis MVP. You're gonna have that, and then you're also going to have the real home run record if he passes Merris, and that argument is really going to actually be pretty intolerable in my eyes. I don't know about you, Kelly, I don't know how you feel about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think it's you know, my thing with the steroid era is it was an era. They didn't police it. They I think they wanted it after the strike. And I am really firmly in the it's been twenty years, let's get over it.
Speaker 4: Mindset on that.
Speaker 3: And that is the one thing about the Judge home run chase, because I would love for him to catch it break the American League record, but I don't want to. I just don't want the think pieces that will come out of that.
Speaker 1: All day every day we saw John Hyman.
Speaker 2: John Hayman was like, you know, once he passes Marius, this will be the record because of all those steroids. And it was just like, come on, man, like even Judge, even baseball players, I think we should like take some cues from actual baseball players. And how many baseball players have you ever heard disavow the steroid era is not counting for the most part, unless maybe they're like, you know, retired and they're on a talk show or something like that. But guys in game, it's like, no, this is the guy. And Judge even acknowledged it. So by the way, JP says, drop mayorfield for Gunner yep.
Speaker 1: Yes, just like the quarter day, every day, all day, every day. Some injuries.
Speaker 2: Ronald Cooney remained out for the third straight game Tuesday with lingering soreness.
Speaker 1: In the right knee. I do not like that at all.
Speaker 2: Wilson Gatrois left Tuesday's game with left ankle foot soreness. I believe it was running to first base and he just kind of gave up, and we'll see where that goes. Joran Alvarez Jordan Alvarez remains out of the lineup due to it lingered discomfort in both hands.
Speaker 1: We talked about that.
Speaker 2: There's nothing to like do about that, but the wrist and hands stuff really has a worry for kind of zapped power moving forward. The best thing I think you could possibly do is if you have any viable bench options. I don't know, like maybe even just obviously, like if you're not playing, you're gonna put someone else in there. But I just don't know how impactful Dordon's gonna be on the rest of this year.
Speaker 3: Kelly, Yeah, I don't either, and I you know, he's kind of in that dreaded the DD situation, and with Houston as far ahead as there, they don't have to really do anything with him. So in fantasyland, it's like you can't drop him, because it's like you can drop him, someone will pick him up and he'll go on a tear. But yeah, he's going to take up a bench that for a while. So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It'd be nice if he can, like you know, get a gun or Henderson maybe and have that replacement. Dylan Marris placed on the tinda I l with an oblique issue, and Kate Cavali after he just came up, was placed on the fifteen day with right shoulder inflammation.
Speaker 1: That should end his season.
Speaker 2: That should be done. Maybe he'll be in the arson A Fall League. But I cannot imagine we're going to see any more of him. So here are my fun facts last night. Maybe heard of this guy, maybe I've talked about him before. Corbyn Carroll, you've heard of him, right, we've mentioned him just a little bit, ye, just a little bit. And one prospect in baseball from my team, Corbyn Carroll hit a ball last night with an IVY of just around one hundred and five a twenty six degree launch angle. Would they project a distance of four hundred and thirty nine feet and according to what a great account would it, Dong, this would have been a home run in twenty nine of thirty MLB parks. Only Chase Field is the place that could have held this, and I think they might have. I might have even read that this was like a record ball in the statcast era of the furthest ball not becoming a home run, four hundred and thirty nine feet not becoming a home run, and twenty nine of thirty parks, Corbyn Carroll's bomb would have been a home run, except, of course, in his home ball park.
Speaker 4: Kelly, Yeah, that's usually how that goes, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, that would have left Yankee Stadium and maybe hit Shay, But in Arizona it's nothing, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Also, Corvin Caroll's five RBIs this is according to slang on Sports for Sarah Lanks, Corvin Kells's five rbies in his first two games are the most by any diamondback player in the first two career games. He's also registered it's amazing five separate thirty plus feet per second sprint speeds on the base paths, which is elite of elite, And I was I talked about this in a couple places in that first at bat he had where he kind of hit into the ground and it popped up. I don't recall seeing someone as fast as him go to the line. He almost beat out another one of those and was within I mean, we were talking that much of beating out another one of those five instances of elite sprint speed. He's already shown. He has shown a four hundred and forty foot bomb and he's shown elite sprint speeds. There's some stuff to be excited about with Corbyn.
Speaker 1: Carrol Kelly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent the amount that he can with the power in the speed cambo. If he is anywhere, redirect League whatever, pick him up. Yeah, he shouldn't be sitting anywhere.
Speaker 2: And I think he already moved up the lineup. You gotta forgive me him. I think he moved to six. He was eight in his first game. He was to six, and I think he's just going to continue moving up. He just gets on baits, he makes things happen. There's power, speed, something to get excited about. Another thing that I thought was interesting was he was talking about his favorite players. He is a Washington native and he was talking about his favorite player, which was each chi Ro. He said, each Row is his favorite player of all time. And then the broadcast of getting to know him, he said something that gave me a pause, and he said, he's like, oh, I like Ken Griffy Junior too. He's a little before my time. And I was like, oh yeah, we're at that point. Oh yeah, And it comes to a good interesting thing of this day in baseball.
Speaker 1: In nineteen ninety the.
Speaker 2: Ken Griffies, Griffy Junior was in centerfield and Ken was Senior was in left field, becoming the first father and son combination of Major League history to play his teammates, and they each went one for four in Seattle's five to two win over the Royals. The Manners had signed the elder Griffy after he was waived by the Reds. But Corbyn Carroll doesn't know anything about that.
Speaker 1: He hasn't anything about that. Now.
Speaker 3: Did you ever watch like the old like nineteen sixties home run Derby on ESPN, like the reruns.
Speaker 2: In black and many Definitely when I was younger, and like that was the only thing to go.
Speaker 1: You would just like leave it on.
Speaker 2: ESPN and you get the old football turn turn and then you get the old baseball stuff, but I don't recall.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so I would do that watch like Mantlin Marris and I'm just thinking that for Carol that was Griffy so oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Uh here's a trivia question for you, and I left it off the table, so Kelly can try to answer this. All this talk of Roger Merrison the home run record. Which team gave up the most home runs to Roger Marris when he hit sixty one homers in nineteen sixty one, and which one allowed the fewest, So the most and the fewest of any team in his sixty one homer can even possibly take a guess.
Speaker 1: I will give you the numbers.
Speaker 2: By the way, the most was thirteen homers, the least was three, so just think about that, by the way, and the production he put up. The least he hit against a team was three, which is an incredible number, and the most was thirteen.
Speaker 1: And he guesses it's kind of a tough one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I mean, Boston just hopped into my head in terms of the least, but I don't. It's good.
Speaker 1: I will give you a little hint it wasn't at least was in the division. Okay, hmmmmm, you're incorrect. I have correct, no idea incorrect this. Oh wait a minute, hold on, mmm, so this is one of these? Is correct? In go cards? Oh wait?
Speaker 2: And if you're saying Red Sox, well I just ruined it. The most was by the White Sox because you wrote socks, but you probably meant Red Sox. The most was by the White Sox, the least right there by the Baltimore Baltimore was the least with three thirteen.
Speaker 1: Homers with the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 2: All this Roger Marris stuff is out there and ruminating in our brains, and there you go.
Speaker 1: Now you know who the most? Right now?
Speaker 2: You know it should have been attached to that trivia question, where's judges? What does judges look like at this point? Who are the most and who are the least?
Speaker 1: Against? You know, any team I at least.
Speaker 2: Would probably look like zero with inner league play and everything. But I'd like to know who the most is and tell me. Fun Over on the stat heroes, Nick Prato two homers, going four for five with three RBI and three runs.
Speaker 1: He needed a game like this.
Speaker 2: Gavin Sheets went two for five with two homers and four rbi. So a couple double dongs. In that Kansas City White Sox game, Randy Rose Arena three for five with the homer in two stolen bases, Thank you very much. Sean Murphy had a homer, going three for five with five rbi. Boy, he has just been such a little whirlwind moving up as far as catchers go.
Speaker 1: He's one of.
Speaker 2: The lynchpins of my tout team in the two catcher league. Really, the only place that I considered rostering him was in two catcher and it's panned out.
Speaker 1: But Sean Murphy's been so.
Speaker 2: Good and probably has to push himself into the twelve conversation of catchers next year. I feel like there's good depth a catcher next year, even though the elitess maybe is lacking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, prior to the season I have made, you know, wonkey predictions that were just kind of outrageous. But one of my serious ones was Sean Murphy would end up as I think a top ten catcher. Just there was nobody there, right, I mean, it's Oakland, So he was going to beat third and he was gonna bet every day. And he seems to be panning out in that direction so far, so I really like that about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you nailed that one.
Speaker 2: Jake McCarthy continues to be such a great pick up right now. We've been talking about this. A homer with five RBI. He hit two hole for the Diamondbacks last night. He's been on a little bit of a tear. Jose Siri three for four with a homer, had three runs. Nick Gordon homer with six RBIs Hello, Nick Gordon. Ty Frantz had a homer. Salvador Perez had a homer and it.
Speaker 1: Kills me two.
Speaker 2: I almost picked Salve yesterday and I talked myself out of it for show. Hey and Aaron Judge three for five with the fifty first homer on the picture front, Zach Gallon went seven, struck out seven. I put him in a little two player prop parlay with Shoheo Tani and Gallen strikeouts and Otani in the bottom of the ninth with one out ended up hitting a double and he had a single already, and he.
Speaker 1: Got me that prop place. That was big.
Speaker 2: Gallon looked awesome. Blake Snell struck out eight and six. Framber Valdez had eight and eight Kirby struck out five and five and kal Kwan Traill struck out four and six innings. And I don't know how much you watched George Kirby, are you? I know it's tough to buy into some of these, like really really young pitchers with not big track records. How much are you gonna buy in on Kirby for next season? Because I love I just love the consistency that he continues to show up.
Speaker 1: He got out of some jams in that game.
Speaker 2: I was watching that because I almost bet on it, so I had one of those things where you know you I actually had it in the bet slip, but I let the time pass, so it got taken out of the bet slip and I was like, ah, dang it. And so then you just kind of want to watch and like misery. So I was watching a whole lot of it, and it's just so the command he continues to throw out there in the pitch mix. Are you gonna be heavy on George Kirby next year?
Speaker 3: I think so, because I don't think that his draft price is going to be like its iamb as high as Gilbert. I think he'll be able to kind of sneak him out in the teen's rounds, possibly, in which casey, you can always use a control guy. And I have been impressed with him, like not just because of his last name, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Redbarren us the Orioles the most. When we need the number, what's the number, Well, I'm gonna take a guess. I bet it's eight.
Speaker 4: What's your guess against Orioles. That's eleven.
Speaker 1: I like that, that's our guest.
Speaker 2: Someone going to drop that in the chat All around the stat zero's Luke Voight oho for five with three strikeouts, Pete Alonzo was zho for four with three strikeouts, and Franchie Cordero oh for four with three strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Franchie and Jake McCarthy kind of battling.
Speaker 2: For those like, uh, guys that you want to pick up and oh, there you go, there's a number. It was nine, So we were kind of like right in the middles, just about over on the pictures, Matt Manning got shelled two and one thirty seven earned runs, gave up seven hits, only walked, walked one and struck out one. Did not look good. Aaron Nola got shelled by the Diamondbacks, went four gave up eight earned runs and ten hits. Eric Fetti gave up nine hits and six earned runs. Couldn't get to the third to go to Hudson four and two thirds, five earned runs, a whole bunch of hits. Nine in there, Kelly, we've got a wonky Wonky Wednesday home run addition, So why don't you play out and give us what the extra home run call is going to be for Wonky Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Perfect, I'll do that in just a second. Greg Hanselman asked, what do we do with Aaron Nola? He's making a run for the championship? Do we just keep throwing him out there?
Speaker 1: He keep going, he keep going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was Yeah, the Diamondbacks offense has been I mean, they've just been a little bit on fire. But there's nothing that's going to change me on Aeron Nola, what.
Speaker 4: Are you no?
Speaker 3: I think you just keep going. So I just wanted to since you brought him up, I wanted to mention it. So today Wonky Wednesday, I'm calling it Andre Dawson Day. So in nineteen eighty seven he hit I believe forty nine home runs. I think he won the MVP and the Cubs finished in last place. That was a very proud day for me. But he was one of my favorites. I have his jersey, et cetera. So your bonus for today is to pick a player from a team that is currently last in its respective division, and then you can earn two times a number of home runs that he hits. And then, like I said, I was kind of hoping Arizona was in the bottom because I just forget the Colorado exists, but they're not. So your six teams are Boston Red Sox, Detroit Tigers, Oakland A's, Washington Nationals, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and the Colorado Rockies. And I believe the Nationals and somebody play each other. I think the Nationals in the A's are.
Speaker 4: Playing each other.
Speaker 1: So take your pick there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anyway, that's your bonus last place teams.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: Andre Dawson has one of like I'd probably put it in top ten of best autographs in baseball of all time. It's a very clean, just very pretty autograph if you've ever seen it. Going over to the home run leaderboard, oh yes, we got an update, there you go. De Blum is still in the lead. Did not get a call. Also had show hal TONI with me forty nine. No movement on the other top three high Covey and Go Cards had matt Olsen and Otani for Go cards, no homers, Cat Fox moved up one with a Salvey call, and we had a couple other movement on the judges. So we have got it. Looks like nine people in the forty home run marker as this contest is getting very close and is going to be fun down to the wire. I'm excited to see how everyone's going to finish.
Speaker 1: Out and not excited.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm not excited to see Joey p back on the on the board. So I think we should really get some things in gear here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't even notice that. You're right, he is back on the board. Yeah, down there at thirty nine with those Aaron Judge calls. We need Aaron Judge to like.
Speaker 4: Go back to his slum up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to, you know, I need to trick joe I want to. I should like text him and be like you want to take Judge off here for someone else and then just see if he's not paying attention.
Speaker 1: He'll be like, yeah, I'll be like, gotcha, he's off. No more judge for.
Speaker 2: You because he will be back. I believe the last episode of the season. Let's not let it be a let's not be a whole big thing.
Speaker 1: Let's not. If we're smart, we're gonna not let it be a whole thing.
Speaker 2: We will let a whole thing be our friends over Yes at bet MGM, where I wear the Tiara of Happiness.
Speaker 1: Bet MGM used promo code leading off.
Speaker 2: Get a one thousand dollars risk free bet when you do it, Get on the app, get on the website, make some bets, whether it's props football season is here, college football season is here, and you still got a whole month to bet baseball, even though it's a little crazy sometimes. I hit both of my things last night, and I had a little two gamer on a parlay, and actually did I don't do this often. I played the no run first inning on the Diamondbacks game and the Giants game. Really good pitchers that paid off and it was a nice little double up.
Speaker 1: So there you go, right there. Bet MGM game us tiara in action.
Speaker 2: This is the It's kind of like the Topez or I don't know, like something like that. It's not a very colorful crown, but it's the first crown tiara of all of them that we have.
Speaker 1: So Kelly I put together as usual.
Speaker 2: I did cheat a tiny bit, actually didn't like These two were like neck and neck on top of the Bettingpros dot com. If you go to the mlbprop cheat sheet, there was number one and number two and they were.
Speaker 1: About the same same team. I decided not.
Speaker 2: To pick the top guy because I like this the other guy better, so I cheated a tiny bit. Top guy was Paul the Young It had worse juice on it. So I took number two on their prop cheat sheet and it was you need one total base from Lars new Bar and Lars the real deal. You need one total base and it's minus one forty five. That's not the worst we've seen for a single hit. He's projected two on Fantasy Pros are Betting pro so I like that one. The plus money total base play. The number one plus money is Christian Walker, who Christian Walker been pretty good against the Phillies over these last couple of days.
Speaker 1: It is one and a half.
Speaker 2: He's projected at almost two and a half and you're getting plus one ten over at sugar House. If you want to do the plus total base play, get two strikeout plays. Number one on the algorithm, not bad. Tristan McKenzie minus one fifteen for over five and a half. He's projected at seven against Baltimore. I kind of dig that one, and mackenzie has really been a payoff. And the number one plus money play Jacob de Grom against the Dodgers under eight and a half and that pays plus one oh five. So, Kelly, you've got under eight and a half strikeouts under Gram, five and a half over on McKenzie walker total bases and large new bar essentially needs one hit.
Speaker 1: What do you like out of these?
Speaker 3: Well? I love Tristan McKenzie, so I would do that one. I think he can get six strikeouts pretty easily.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love the New Bar, but I don't know how he hits lefties because minor I think is on the mound.
Speaker 4: So that one gives me a little bit of pause. I I just can't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't under Jacob de Gram like I feel like that would be a personal affront to him and he would go strike out twelve, So.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know that you you personally under and he would make it like a point to prove you wrong.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent.
Speaker 3: He would. The other one that I like, speaking of lefties, I mean Poohols is over one point five total bases. I think what was that at plus one point fifteen on Draft Kings and he's facing a lefty and yeah, so I would take that one pretty easily.
Speaker 4: I think I liked.
Speaker 1: I like that one.
Speaker 2: So you got a walky play and got the top plays over a betting pros on the cheat sheet if you guys want to check it out, the top plays and the top money plays, you guys can dig around and make some of your own decisions on there. Over on the DFS side, some fan duel prices. Christian Javier's ten to two, Tristian McKenzie is ten to three, can never quit, Jose Kintani, he's only seven to seven. Drew rass Musin and Trevor Rodgers are going against each other. Yes, Trevor Rodgers is back. He is seven too against Tampa to rast, music is nine to eight. Would you dare Trevor Rodgers today?
Speaker 1: Would you dare?
Speaker 2: He would?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's actually what I need for him. Yes, I still roster him.
Speaker 3: I think Doctor Glenn got rid of him a little while ago and begged me to do the same, and I kept.
Speaker 4: Him in one league.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think I'm gonna start in just because I want to. I want to believe so hard that I'm just gonna make it happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: And cheap, nice and cheap and cheap implied runs. Philly Atlanta Toronto. They think the Diamondbacks are gonna get got today, got Tommy Henry on the mound. You know, I don't know, we'll see, but Philly Atlanta Toronto all projected over five earned runs. If you want to find some stacks in there, I think you could always stack the Cardinals as well.
Speaker 1: You can put them in and for the home run call, let's get to it.
Speaker 2: I actually was going to go with the big Dog, but as soon as I saw the Andre Dawson Wonky effect, I had to make my call. I will say I was gonna go Pool. I'm sorry Goldschmidt, and I decided to go Brian Reynolds. I'm gonna go with the Andre Dawson extra home run call. I'm gonna go with Brian Reynolds is my home run? Yours is even better?
Speaker 4: Kelly, Well, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: I decided what it was, and then I realized that Pools was facing a lefty, and I'm like, muh, but I'm going to go to our beloved Detroit Tigers, and I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 4: Eric cass Is it has or Hassei, it's has.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's facing Marko Gonzalez and the wind is blowing out twelve miles an hour. So I'm gonna if you can just get a really nice pop up, if people go.
Speaker 2: Pretty good bet, and we'll see what you guys have to do. Whether the guys at the top. This is the really interesting play is what will the guys do at the top. Will they go and play, you know, their normal guys to try to get the extra or will they try.
Speaker 1: To get the extra stuff into it?
Speaker 2: Go Karts said Welsh. I was going Goldie and switching to Reynolds too. Yeah, so we were on the exact same And there's the thing right there, Go Cards is gonna go with the extra home run play because let's just say, if Go Cards were to hit it with Reynolds, he could be tied at the very top of the leader board, which would be good. Doctor Glenn gave me a stat line today I went seven shutout innings today, six strike ups. I feel pretty good about today's Actually there's a lot of Corbin Carrel. I saw a little bit of snark in the chat about me talking Corbin Carrol.
Speaker 1: But guess what top prospect doing the business. I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna kind of do that. And what else are we gonna talk about right now?
Speaker 2: We're gonna we're gonna cry for ten minutes about Shan McClanahan. Maybe if you know what, if you had Tommy John, I actually would have a session where I'd be like, all right, everybody, get your tissues out and we would all just cry together.
Speaker 1: Like it was like a you know, a book club or something. We would just cry. That's okay, we can cry it out.
Speaker 3: I want to do like a call in. I've always thought about it'd be fun to do it. Not a call in, but like sort of on a podcast with like grief counseling, so like everyone just calls and talks about like the player that is making their fantasy teams, like.
Speaker 1: Counseling. That would be.
Speaker 3: You get one minute, and I just want you to just go ahead and absolutely vent your heart out.
Speaker 1: But we're just like, it's okay, it's not your fault, it's their fault. It's okay, Okay, you're.
Speaker 2: Good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh, don it people like you. Uh and we like you guys, but like the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks, I like Kelly the wonky Penguin on Twitter, Kelly, what's going on? What articles are ruminating out there?
Speaker 3: Well, right now, I'm kind of back. I'm drafting like a football team every day, and I'm actually working on setting up the touchdown call competition that we found out is going to have a really cool prize at.
Speaker 4: The end of it.
Speaker 3: So the thing that I wanted to promote to everyone is, I know, you don't have to like football.
Speaker 4: You may have to watch football, that's perfectly.
Speaker 3: Fine, But we are this seasoned callers, So I mean, you can jump in there. It's free, just pick some people. So that's starting up next week, so.
Speaker 1: That'll be a really fun one.
Speaker 2: Now, how do you differentiate quarterbacks? Do they get because it's going to be no quarterbacks, just position players.
Speaker 3: It's just position yep. So it's running backs, wide receivers and tightened. But there's also going to be a flex bonus, so.
Speaker 1: That'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Always doing the fun stuff over here at Fantasy Pro, so go and check that out. You can find me on Twitter at is it the Welsh. I've got some gambling stuff on Twitch going tomorrow, our little Degenathon and our Wheel our Crazy Wheel show we're doing today Twitch dot tv, Slasion this league, and of course the baseball stuff is always going on. I'm actually going to be doing a preview show on Prospect one the Arizona Fall League. I'm going to do my predictions on what players are going to get the call for what teams, and what the structure of the teams will look like. Dynasty people might feel that important because if your players do make the AFL, there's an opportunity for them to rise and fall in fantasy value. So I will be doing that on Prospect one. You guys can check out the podcast, but don't go anywhere. Make sure you I mean you can go somewhere now because we're done, but make sure.
Speaker 1: You stick here.
Speaker 2: You're subscribed and you get all the notifications for Kelly, I'm Welsh. We'll see you guys tomorrow right here, and leading off, it's Fantasy pros.
Speaker 4: We're out of here, bla blah, see you, guys,