Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys The Boys is brought to you by Barstool Sports. Today we have on Frank rag Now he's a center slash guard for the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 2: So another old lineman.
Speaker 1: Shout out the boys, shout out the tanks up front, dude. Frank is an avid outdoorsman. He opped on the pod to talk about everything from his hardships of his NFL rookie season, like paying for tabs, some rookie duties that you gotta do. Also, he has a YouTube channel, Grizzly Man Outdoors. Go check out the boy support them, subscribe. We talk about Lions head coach coach Patricia. We talk about Lions being you know, you guys know the drill with the Detroit Lions. We give different We talk about experiences with our college recruiting process. We talk about Frank's dad and how he's had a huge inspiration on Frank's life since his passing, which is a pretty which is a pretty deep story that we get into. You know, his dad, Hey, I said it on the pod. His dad is definitely proud of what Frank is doing today. Frank also, you know, on a on a more positive light, Frank. Uh, I forget what happened because you know CT but we had Frank. He took his shirt off for whatever reason. I forget what it is. It might have been me getting who knows what happened? Uh, sit back, relax, you know, enjoy the boys man. Subscribe follow us. We're a busting WTB on social. Subscribe to our pod if you're If you're already subscribed, get on the app now on subscribe and then resubscribe again. It helps us all those fun little algorithms out there because we got to grow this thing and we're doing it with you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you biggest hugs, tiniest kisses. Now, let's get to the episode of Frank rag Now. Frank rag Now, Okay, I apologize for interrupting your story. Finish your story then we can get.
Speaker 3: No, it's just telling Frank, you know, growing up as a not man but kind of me actually. But I'll get into my own stuff later. This is my podcast.
Speaker 1: I'll do whatever I want.
Speaker 3: When I was talking to rag Now, he was telling me how he was a chubby, little tiny bunny and that he had some issues, and I said, well, being a chubby, tiny bunny and having some issues and being a ginger. But then he you know, he said, autumn Leaf is his Uh, yes, I hate hate it was coming. Yeah, it was coming. That was one interruption. You're on fire and we're actually not even quoted to start for another minute. It's gonna be a rough hour. It's gonna be a rough hour, my baby.
Speaker 1: But God, Frank, you're a ginger.
Speaker 4: No, I'm I'm automn leaf bottomn leaf.
Speaker 1: I can see, I can see. I've never heard that, and I fucking love.
Speaker 4: That brown right up for interpretations.
Speaker 3: Fall Well, I'm gonna say one name to you and you have to tell me your reaction.
Speaker 1: Kyle Kyless, Yeah, that's him, That's that is him.
Speaker 3: Have you ever met Kyle Kyless?
Speaker 4: No, but I've I've worked out over at Michigan and all those people around there. Just say his name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyle Carl was Kyle was a five star recruit and he's a legend like that. He was a he was a five star recruit. We stole him from Ohio State and when he decoded, I don't know if he decode, but he was definitely like thinking about going to Ahio State big time. Said fuck Ohio State. I'm going to Michigan. That's how it's going to be. He started getting hate mail from everywhere because I don't like, like when you played at ar Kansas, So it's a it's way different down there. You guys don't have rivals. You're kind of like Vanderbilt're kind of stuck in the SEC hoping that dot you can figure something out. That's too I'm trying to tell him about Kyle Kyless.
Speaker 4: Mark Kansas was way too casual and I'm supposed to just sit here and take that.
Speaker 3: No, dude, the what like, what are you like? Ar Kansas is literally like it's like Missouri, It's like Idaho. It's like we we have the territory and we're just like, hey, I guess we're like a bigger country because of this, but it's really not doing anything for us, you know what I'm saying. What's that?
Speaker 1: He said? Respect? Did you grow up in Arkansas?
Speaker 4: No, I'm from Minnesota.
Speaker 3: I'll just tell my story, letter.
Speaker 1: Tell your story, Taylor.
Speaker 3: So Kyle k he gets he gets recruited. He says House State, I'm gonna go to Michigan.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: He goes to Michigan and This is how arrogant this dude was. He was getting hate mail, so he put his address on Twitter and said, any you haters want to come get it, you can find me here at this address. No one showed up, all shirt and no trousers over there in Ohio. And if anybody in from Ohio is listening to this right now, Mike Rabel, ohiose sucks because I know I know very you know you know who Mike Ribel is.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: He's definitely listening to this podcast right now.
Speaker 4: You're sorry you recruiting me out Ohio State?
Speaker 3: Did he really wanted to go to hospital?
Speaker 1: What was it like? What was it like?
Speaker 4: Getting he was cool? Man?
Speaker 3: How many times did he call you?
Speaker 2: Buster?
Speaker 4: He probably doesn't even remember me. But it's fine. He recruited me not too hard. But we had a couple of conversations.
Speaker 3: Who's the better football player?
Speaker 2: You were?
Speaker 3: Billy Price?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, that's up for interpretation.
Speaker 1: Who's Billy Price?
Speaker 5: Billy Price is a center.
Speaker 4: He came out the same year as I did, and.
Speaker 3: They're both centers, both first round picks if I'm not mistaken correct, So you guys could have had a little battle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could have a few, but we were actually I mean, I don't want to say we're boys because we're on the Boys podcast, but we were kind of boys at the combine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: You're the best thing about being the boys, you can just be. Yeah, that is outside of this podcast.
Speaker 5: That is a worldly thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just didn't you know, I didn't know if Boys is like something very you know, brgeous boys.
Speaker 1: No, it's not what. We didn't come up with that ship.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't.
Speaker 4: Boys.
Speaker 3: No one, no one ever comes up with for the boys, like if you're either former or against them. You know what I'm saying. It's black and white.
Speaker 5: There's no gray area.
Speaker 3: I haven't even seen fifty shits great, But that was so Minnesota of you, Like, I don't know if I can do this or not? You know the other one there, my Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Hey what what were you? What use? How many stars did you have coming out? I think I was? Who who you asking? I'm asking, I'm asking our guests.
Speaker 3: I'm asking Scout dot com?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, Scout and Rivals three.
Speaker 4: I was a three star killer?
Speaker 1: What about Scout?
Speaker 4: Three star? ESP four?
Speaker 1: Wow? ESPN wasn't as big when I was younger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: You know, I'll tell you what, three star is the best star because it's like it's enough to get retreated by the Bay schools, but it's not enough to have too much of an expectation, So people sleep on you a little bit more when you're a three star. If you're a five star, you're fucked from the beginning. Dude, it is over.
Speaker 4: What were you?
Speaker 3: I was a So I was a zero star until my senior year.
Speaker 1: That everyone's a zero star.
Speaker 3: No, did you have offers when you were a junior.
Speaker 1: After my junior year going into my senior year, Yeah, I did not, so I had no Okay, but we were still zero stars before we got into the database.
Speaker 3: So I was. I ended up at the end being a four star, ended up and that was a little too rich for my taste.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was sleeping on that three star for a little bit. So you're a four star, just fucking you wanted to be a three star?
Speaker 4: Will So you've just had life handed to you on a dinner play kind of Yeah, well, I mean grinded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, three stars is definitely grind I'm I'm one of those people that like is just just good at everything, Frank, and I just is what it is. Yes, Everything's been handed to me my entire life. I've had zero adversity. I kind of just have lived on a cushy cloud of marshmallows and candy canes and it's been amazing. And so probably shouldn't keep it going at this point, you know, And there's Will Compton has it hasn't stead a chance since day one, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'll tell you what. You know what, I was actually a four star. So it's kind of sucks that I was like a four star and you don't get drafted being a four star. So you're like, did I Appliateau in high school? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're You're like my best friend Nick Bennett. You you peaked in high school.
Speaker 1: You know. I don't argue that high school is a great time in my life. I would go back to high school and heartbeat to replay those fucking days, dude, Uner, the Friday night lights, bro beat, the fucking big fish out there playing all those little white boys.
Speaker 4: In your year of high school was on reel.
Speaker 3: It truly, it truly is like the best football ever isn't it the purest dude figure. I think I like you better than Kyle Kyless, pretty nicer. We'll put together.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kyle's pretty nice Kyle, I mean yeah, maybe got.
Speaker 3: That drenching blaze over his eyes though when you look at when you when you talk to him too long, he'll just zone out on you.
Speaker 4: Is he he is he still with the Redskins? No?
Speaker 1: We were in Oakland this past year together?
Speaker 4: Okay news? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He was on the peace squad life out there, dude. He got cut one time then brought back like a few weeks later. Such an awkward conversation.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, We're gonna go in a different direction. J K L O L come back that type of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. It's like, hey man, good to see you back, dude. Yeah, he's like, yeah, you know how it is. I'm like, fuck, it's a tough life to live, bro, living on that peace spot life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many uses Caylevin in the league? Like three or four?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I think his rookie year is my last year the Scancels since twenty seventeen, so eighteen nineteen this is gonna be four Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, what year is this for you guys.
Speaker 1: Going on eight?
Speaker 4: Old heads?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Will's got eight. This will be my third season.
Speaker 1: No, it's shut the fuck up my third season.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, it's us with the same draft class.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to You're going on your seven, right.
Speaker 3: I know, dude. It's crazy when like year seven, you just gotta I got a ring to it. Dude, when you hit five, you're like, I'm over that hump. I'm on the hump. Actually that's seven. You feel like a you kind of do feel like a vet. You know what I'm saying. Well, how were you treated.
Speaker 2: When you were a rookie?
Speaker 3: Was it like? Was it no holds bar?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Would you have Larry Warford?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You didn't have Larry?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't have I was after Larry? Who did I? I had T J Lang?
Speaker 3: Oh I bet that was a trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Interesting? Uh Rick Wagner, Graham, you know Graham Glasgow, Dude.
Speaker 5: That's my absolutely like, I love him, that's my homie.
Speaker 4: He's one of the most interesting people in the world, I think.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, he is such like you meet him and you're like, how awkward is this guy? When you first talked to him?
Speaker 4: Awkward but hilarious.
Speaker 3: Hilarious dude. The more you like kind of like are around him, you start to understand a sense of humor. And he is so so funny. He reminds me of your friend Brad Will, Like he kind of just makes fun of himself the whole timeating human. He's like the butt of every time. And he talks about like literally, if you listen, if he were to narrate his own life, it's basically him talking about like how shit never goes right. It's awful, it's amazing. Graham is Grahama's all time. He got married in February.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was, dude.
Speaker 3: He's his wife's awesome Alice. She went to Michigan. That whole crew is that whole cruise epic dude. Who Glasgow family, Dude, They're just the Glasgow clan is.
Speaker 4: Strong, good family.
Speaker 3: Dude. All walk ons you think by the last one they say, Hey, do just fuck give this guy a scholarship. I mean he's gonna earn one anyway. Graham came in as a walk on, will earns a Scollie. His next brother comes in Earns a Scollie. Both start both in the NFL. Then Jordi, the youngest comes in, didn't give him a scholarship, walked on and now he's he got drafted in the sixth round this year.
Speaker 1: The whole family got drafted, so all of them just had to be walk on.
Speaker 3: All of them were walk ons, like people who have lived a completely privileged life. Flight myself look at people like that and be like, wow, it must have been tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's uh. That walk on life is a grind in itself.
Speaker 5: Too, no question, no question.
Speaker 3: So what TJ Lang, big old beer gut, great head of hair, amazing beard. What was he like, probably had a chewing constantly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 3: How did he How did he treat you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: When when you how was your first couple of days when you walked in? You that's for the first time because I don't know about you will, but I remember it like it was my like like yesterday, Oh, you're sweating bullets.
Speaker 1: You're nervous as I don't even want to go back to that fear like it is a fear bubble, just having to.
Speaker 4: Like chain shirts in between each meeting because you're just nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you you like go in and the coaches are asking you questions and you can't get one right. But everybody, for some reason knows the playbook way better than you, even the other rookies. You're like, how do you guys already know this? Did you guys like get something I didn't get? It just feels like that all the time, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell of an experience.
Speaker 1: Talk about your rookie year.
Speaker 4: Uh, it was tough, I'd say, but TJ was actually really cool. He was that was his last year, so I think he was kind of like partially like soaking it in, but he had He also had a lot of injuries and stuff and whatnot, so it was kind of a tougher year for him. But he helped me out a lot because I was a center in college and then the day after they drafted me, they called me and they said you're gonna play left guard. So then I was kind of like learning that and he kind of mentored me a lot there. But I was also with like Castle, Matt Castle, you guys, have you guys play with him at all? Beauty on the like, funniest dude I've ever met. Right, He's a good he was a good bet to have. He was hilarious and here he lighted things up. But it was a I mean, it was a it was a long year as for sure that you felt like it never was gonna end, but it was good.
Speaker 1: Is it tough going from center to guard?
Speaker 4: I think it's it's tough. I think in the run game, not much of it, not that crazy of a difference. But in terms of like pass pro like understanding, like your balance and your footwork, it's a little bit more different.
Speaker 1: Easier or harder, which one? Which one is the easier spot?
Speaker 3: Physically?
Speaker 4: Center is the easiest one physically center, But like then center, there's the mental aspect that people don't realize.
Speaker 1: Is it pretty? You gotta be insanely smart playing center? Is it kind of like, you know, being a middle linebacker?
Speaker 4: I like to think so, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like you like again, not that you bring it up, well, it is kind of like being a middle linebacker actually more than a quarterback.
Speaker 1: What was your uh, you're a first rounder? What was your bill on your rookie dinner? I want to know this with Taylor too.
Speaker 4: Mine was four thousand, but then tip and then we also had a party bus and alcohol in the party bus, so I think it probably ended up being like six but maybe. But then I had a fifth rounder, Tyler Crosby too, so he helped out a little, so it wasn't terrible fuck due the fifth rounder. Yeah, he helped out with like the drinks. I think that's it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like you have a terrible culture in Detroit. We should really dig into that because.
Speaker 1: So, you know, six thousand bucks for a full room of O Lineman Taylor, what was your? What was your?
Speaker 3: I actually got a comment like we my week was suposed to be Bob's Steakhouse and that's like the most expensive steakhouse in Nashville, and I walked in and there was like bottles everywhere. But it actually ended up being Mettenberger's week that week. So I'm thinking here sweating the whole time. Then they started doing the numbers and Zach Mettenberger had to pay for that one the next week. Oh random farm place. It was like eighteen hundred bucks. And they did the best they could. They did the best they could do it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yo, you lucky I had.
Speaker 3: I had a real tough room. Two ten year vets. One of the ten year vets was Michael Ruse, who literally, like Ken wizzen Hunt drafted me and was like, you're gonna replace. This is the guy you're gonna replace. I'm just like, hey, Mike, like we be friends. He was cool. He was cool to me, but it was like it was definitely like a very hard being a rookie, like in that kind of situation, Like it was awkward as all hell. But you guys, you said a fifth round you were a first round pick and you had to split a dinner with a fifth round pick. Do you guys go to dinner in a week then split it?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, just tell us the numbers. Tell us the numbers. Paint this story, dude? Is you this podcast is your fucking canvas?
Speaker 4: Bro? I think uh, I think he Here's what I told him. I pay for the majority of everything, and he organized, so I didn't. I didn't want to do any of the organizing. So he booked the bus. I think he bought some of the alcohol, and then I pity for everything else.
Speaker 1: Do you have any stories that was the best story of the night? Hm, you have a best story of the night? Is there a big memory that fucking stands out? Nah?
Speaker 4: Dude, I mean we didn't win many ball games that season, so it's not like we were, and I think we haven't. Really we did it during the during the week or I think it was after Thanksgiving and I saw that subtle shot. So take it easy.
Speaker 1: Hey, we've all been on some losing teams. Yeah, you know, he not hiss drought. I mean it's drought out.
Speaker 3: There, and it's a drought out there in Detroit. Dude, it's tough. It's tough sledting. I respect the hell of it. Like my first season two and fourteen, second season three and thirteen, literally like people were celebrating when we won three games my second year.
Speaker 4: Really it's a.
Speaker 3: Tough little gig. But myoay, uh, that's a tough division too.
Speaker 4: Black and Blue. Yeah, there's some uh, there's some good football. There's some good defensive lines in that division.
Speaker 1: Interruption for ad number two. Shout out the boys at dhmd TX. The hm d TX is a vitamin for people who like to enjoy alcohol. People who enjoy alcohol. Listen up, we've been in quarantine, right, So whether you've been around one person, nobody, or family for twenty four to seven during this entire few months, you've probably added an extra drink or too in your life. In your daily routine, or you might have virtual hangouts or virtual cocktail hours. You guys know what I'm talking about. You might also be in phase one, phase two, phase three, whatever city you're in, and you might have stepped out to have a couple of beers with the boys or girls. But DHMD TX gives you a smart, responsible way to drink, whether you hate hangovers enjoy a nice little drink or two at the end of the day. DHMD two is a must that must that must be in your pocket. It helps boost your body's natural response to alcohol, so it assists in breaking down the toxins that make you feel awful the next day. So brain fog, nausea, hangover. You guys know the drill. All you got to do is take two capsules after your first couple of drinks and it goes to work in your system.
Speaker 2: You'll love it.
Speaker 1: Their company is built on the words of no days wasted, so we all deserve time to enjoy a couple of drinks in the evening without feeling awful the next day. Now this should go without saying, but obviously drinking water, staying hydrated, and getting good sleep helps you out for the most optimal results for just a couple of dollars. You can wake up film fine after drinking. Also, they offer free shipping on all orders in the US. Dhmd tox is a risk free purchase. That means if you aren't satisfied with this product. So if you listen to me, you use our code, you get it shipped to you. And you're like, I'm gonna listen to the boy, I'm gonna take a pop a couple of these after some drink.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go a littlerd I'm gonna see this actually works.
Speaker 1: If you take this product and you are not satisfied, they'll give you your money back guaranteed.
Speaker 2: So this is a no brainer.
Speaker 1: We've got you for twenty percent off your order. Head over to dhmdts and use the promo code busting at checkout. That's d HM d E t o X dot com. If you have any questions, slide in dhm dtox, slide into their dms on Instagram. There I kind of butchered that lesson, so their instagram is at d hm dtox slide on ind If you have any questions, shout out the boys. No free shoutouts. Let's get back to this app.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, yeah, no question, dude. That like Packers got those like two guys that have the same last name with the Preston and Smith Bros. The Smith b Smith, There's Skins, there's Studs obviously have Max City and the other guy go Dogs. Then who else Minnesota, Everson, Griffin, Hunter, those dude like you like every single time, like you get that's six games a year, You're like, well, fuck my life.
Speaker 1: Those dudes on Minnesota look like fucking gladiators too, dude.
Speaker 3: I Hunter his like rookie year, his second year didn't even.
Speaker 5: Look that bait dude.
Speaker 3: And now I saw a picture like like Minnesota's calendar came out and someone retweeted it and it was just him with like seventeenth veins coiling up his bicep, and I was like, yes, this, dude, It's so weird when you see how many different body types are in the NFL. You look at an off its line and you're like, okay, yeah, bell cow get it done.
Speaker 4: But like Frank Sturdy, I'd say I'm a cut lean, thick, cut lean thick.
Speaker 3: I loved.
Speaker 5: I love the contradiction that.
Speaker 4: C lean thing. Taylor.
Speaker 1: Should we try to get him to do what we tried every guest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, take your shirt off. Let's see what we got going on here. This guy's und stand. Oh yeah, you got you got your firm he got.
Speaker 4: God, Well, then you go like below that and then you gotta be careful.
Speaker 1: You got some good lighting going on. It's hitting your.
Speaker 5: Shoulder van and everything.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, dude, your autumn leaf everywhere, like even your body's autumn leaf.
Speaker 4: That's a little red. What do you do you.
Speaker 1: Know that?
Speaker 3: I think that comes with the territory of being autumn leaf.
Speaker 1: Hey, congratulate the first one who's actually taking their shirt off.
Speaker 3: Joe Staley wouldn't do it. Who else would do it? Chris Long would do it? And you think Chris Long would be like Chris Long's body, I'd be like, I wouldn't even be wearing a.
Speaker 4: Shirt right now.
Speaker 1: And you're retired.
Speaker 4: You grow that.
Speaker 3: You should grow that hair out.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Are tough? Tough? Look I've been keeping the hat on. It's bad. Don't cut your own hair during quarantine.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't cut my hair in a while. These little, these little feathers in the back here, dude, I worked out this morning at six a m.
Speaker 5: Had a run.
Speaker 3: At eight a m. Had meetings and put my daughter down. Have not showered yet. I'm disgusting, dude.
Speaker 1: Are you wearing Spandex two?
Speaker 3: Are you wearing shorts like they're Nike shorts but they like have like you know when you wear like swim suits and have their own little web blue area.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got that.
Speaker 1: That's all you're fucking wearing.
Speaker 3: That's all I got.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're disgusting, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm disgusting.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: When I'm wearing Spandex and I start sitting down, you you know, I can kind of get that aura and you're just like, I need.
Speaker 4: To get the fuck out of here. Dude.
Speaker 3: Dude, When I sweat and I sit down and Spandex after I have sweat and the sweat dryes, I have the itchiest ass ever. Do you ever get that? Or am I soul? Am I all by myself right now? I'm all by myself. I am sitting in a canoe by myself in the middle of Now.
Speaker 1: How about this? Is it? Is it a cheek that really gets really itchy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's not the hole. The holes when you don't wipe it off that's that's clear cut done. It's the cheek.
Speaker 1: Out there like a dog scooting on the ground in that hole.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, Like David Lee's dogged this past Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yo, uh Frank, do you know a mirror Abdullah? Was he there when you got there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was there my rookie year.
Speaker 1: Dude. Yeah, oh awesome, dude. A Mere's fucking all time dude. But he fucking always talked about Detroit and living out in Detroit and just how grimy it was. What's it like living out in Detroit? How shitty and grimy it was.
Speaker 3: In his head? He's like, man, I really don't like Detroit that much, but I can't say nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm an outdoorsman. I'm a fisherman.
Speaker 3: So the city is perfect.
Speaker 4: In Michigan, is like, and so I live in Minnesota and then I and then Michigan. For Detroit, that's like living the outdoorsman's paradise. So I love it. Like there's some unreal fishing in Michigan. So I love it.
Speaker 1: Where we go, we got some Detroit love.
Speaker 3: We got a little bit of Detroit love.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: That's epic. You were so you you you you fancy yourself a hunter?
Speaker 4: Huh oh, fisherman hunter. Grizzly Man Outdoors boys, Hey.
Speaker 3: This was perfect. It's his, it's his, it's your company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's his YouTube. He has a YouTube channel call what is it?
Speaker 4: Grizzly Man Outdoors.
Speaker 1: Grizzly Man Outdoors. I was actually watching a couple of his videos everything.
Speaker 5: I like everything, but tell the story which.
Speaker 4: One we talk about?
Speaker 1: Grizzly Man Outdoors dude.
Speaker 4: So, I've always been a fisherman. My brother, my dad, we kind of all have been fishing, and the goal for me growing up was always to be like make it to the NFL and then have my own fishing show with my dad and my younger brother. And actually my dad died of a sun heart attack my junior year of college. So it was kind of terrible because it was right when I was like starting to realize that I got a shot in the NFL and all that stuff. So then that's when I decided to actually take it under the take it, make it real, and launch grizzly Man out of Doors. And it's basically just me making some terrible go pro videos trying to catch fish. It's it's on the come up. I'd say five years from now, you guys are going to be talking about Grizzly Man Outdoors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're like, while we wildly underestimated that show. Uh huh, yep, exactly, but not anymore. I'm gonna subscribe to hell O of that thing.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was looking. I don't know why it'subscribe, no disrespect.
Speaker 4: I apologize your.
Speaker 3: Ghost Hey he was ghost watching you, dude.
Speaker 1: He he fell through the ice. I saw that most popular one you have, butty two thousand views. I fucking love it.
Speaker 4: That just shows the quality of my vis There's like three hundred, four hundred views, one seven hundred, maybe a thousand, and then the one where I don't catch any fish and I fall through the ice thirty two thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love the fucking perseverance, Like it doesn't matter, Wow how many views, Like you're fucking posting away did I'm grinding?
Speaker 5: I absolutely love that.
Speaker 3: I want hunting for the first time this past weekend for Turkey, but it wasn't my first time. The first someone went hunting, I was sat in a deer stand for like six hours, saw a bunny rabbit and a butterfly, and I was like, this is.
Speaker 2: Not for me.
Speaker 3: But then I started saying, you saw what a butterfly and a flower, a butterfly and a bunny rabbit. I'm like literally holding the scope like watching the butter butterfly move around, and I'm like, he what if I just dusted this butterfly and called it a day? You know, ended up not doing it. Level of heads prevailed. I went turkey hunting, dude, and I'm honestly, I think I'm hooked. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's a real interactive hunt. It's cool. Did you like call him in and everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I didn't call I didn't do nothing.
Speaker 3: I sat there like a good little boy, like like a ten year old with his dad, and uh four time went Chattaford George. He he did the whole thing like he was sitting there.
Speaker 5: We didn't see a turkey. I like, there was like we saw a.
Speaker 3: Couple of Jake's, a couple hens. Not a tom to be seen, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was fun. It's the social part of it, right, the boys the night before, waking up early, That's that was the fun part.
Speaker 5: So I thought I was gonna murder a Turkey. I never got the opportunity, and next year, no.
Speaker 1: One says you got you got some merch coming out? Oh yeah, oh yeah, dude, Hey, you got to do this right man, you're on this fucking you're on this pod. You got to promote your fucking brand. Don't be shy about boys.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, boys, I'm trying to be respectful.
Speaker 1: Don't be Oh.
Speaker 3: Day, we're all about being disrespectful on this podcast.
Speaker 4: I saw that. I saw that with the ar Kansas messed up still.
Speaker 3: Because that still got you. Huh that was like twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 4: Dude. It's like, oh wow, you're climbing in my head. Anyways, Grizzly Mon out Doors is coming out with some apparels soon. I'm not usually, I'm not like, here's the deal people, when you buy this apparel, you're not like putting money in my pocket. I'm just putting the money right back out to help help buy me some go pros and maybe make the show look a little bit better. So we're gonna launch some hasks, some T shirts, sweatshirts, nothing crazy, and get this show on the road.
Speaker 3: Can only buy so many pros, though, can only buy so many quality things. Eventually that money is gonna go in your pocket.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, you can get hopefully, hey hopefully don't say no, like, yeah, that's what you want to do? Do you what we want to do with this?
Speaker 4: Do you want?
Speaker 3: Do you want to make money in my pocket?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's got away money for free, that's all.
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No doubt.
Speaker 1: On Instagram?
Speaker 4: You got Instagram at grizlyof Twitter at Team grizzly Man. What else? YouTube? YouTube is where we need help. You gotta subscribe on YouTube?
Speaker 1: He needs Oh you got ten thousand followers on Instagram.
Speaker 4: We're legit.
Speaker 1: Oh you just got fucking another one.
Speaker 4: That's self made too. Now that's like that's been grinding. Like there's some small fish and we're slowly getting the bigger and bigger fish, and you know, we're climbing.
Speaker 3: So the more followers you have, the bigger the fish you catches.
Speaker 4: That how fishing works, Yep, it reaches success. It all correlates.
Speaker 1: Jeez, how much since you've done that, how how many like different brands or people have probably reached out to you to go fish or like do anything on their farm or lake or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, It's sweet actually, just like with my platform in the NFL too, just being able and then they see that I'm an outdoorsman. Like there's just random fans in Michigan that will reach out and say, hey, come up to the up and catch some big lake trout and whatnot. And I've had like a I've met a bunch of people through Grizzly Man, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Have you gone to the Up?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't. I heard it's absolutely beautiful, though I heard.
Speaker 5: The same thing.
Speaker 3: I never there, I know, so when I was in I totally messed up when I was at Michigan, but I literally never left ann Arbor. I was like Ann Arbur and Ipsiloni and that was it. I go back. I do so many more things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ann Arbur's pretty sweet though, I can't blame you there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you ever go out to the bars around there?
Speaker 4: Uh? No, not really.
Speaker 3: We were, Uh what's this this dude from Iowa? What was his name? Riley Reef? Yeah, Riley Riley Reef. Yeah, he got drafted like thirteenth overall to the Lions, and Graham Glasgow like ran into him at Rick's American Cafe in in Uh. Ann Arbor and it's like super small town, Like it's just football players, Like we're the coolest guys there. And this dude's like got money, throwing, like buying shots, like doing it all. Like the way Graham tells the story is like it was the coolest thing that ever happened him. Probably still is to this day. And now he's in Denver with a fatty contract.
Speaker 4: He got paid four years forty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna interrupt really quick, read an ad and shout out the boys at free Fly Apparel a couple weeks ago. You know the boys. You know how advertising works. They should be something for free. You wear it, you try stuff on, you shout them out. No free shout outs. But I want to take a second and talk about free Fly Apparel because not only do we get a free package, but I am now currently I have used the discount code that I'm gonna give you guys here in a second to buy more shit from there, because I love their material so much. It's made from butter soft bamboo material, and I'm not joking when I say it's butter soft. It's like the softest shirt I've ever worn. My favorite thing, obviously, is their shirt. Anything top related. I'm all about it. They have some good shorts too, good comfortable shorts. But I'm a big shirt guy. You can use it indoors, outdoors, lounging around obviously, free fly fly fishing, working out on the golf course. You name it, you can wear it. The background on the boys. Free Fly was founded by my Tan of Fishing Guide and two Nike marketers. There's a huge problem in the industry. It's that outdoor clothing clothing was too complicated and too uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 1: Together they quit their jobs and made it their mission to create the most comfortable shirts imaginable for the boys and the girls. On top of being super comfortable, free Flies Bamboo clothing has get this boys upf sun protection. That means what they got fucking they got sun block. They put on sunblock in their shirts somehow, which away moisture and doesn't holdoder from fishing, hitting the gym, lounging around the house. This stuff is is phenomenal, dude. You can get a twenty percent off code when you visit FreeFly apparel dot com. Backslash bussing Okay, my apologies, you don't even need a code. You just type in FreeFly apparel dot Com backslash bussing, and you're gonna get twenty percent off your order. This isn't in the ad read but if don't, if you don't buy it for you, buy that shit for your dad, dude, for Father's Day. And I'm not joking, go on, use this twenty per off code. Buy it top for the old man a shirt, whatever it is. I I I recommend a shirt and you're it's gonna be his favorite.
Speaker 2: Shirt in his name closet.
Speaker 1: But uh again, free fly apparel dot Com backslash busting.
Speaker 2: Back to the Frank crag Now episode.
Speaker 3: Do you ever sit there in daydream about like your next contract and like think all the GoPros you can buy?
Speaker 4: Sometimes? Yeah I can. I mean I can't deny.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't deny that, dude. Get that cheddar is a big deal. You play football your whole life, and you're like, man, this is cool, playing for free, having fun, got some boys, got a little bit of clout this way, and now you're getting that cheddar. Bro, that's big time. What was your calling whatever?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Never picked? Were you?
Speaker 4: Oh? Twenty top twenty top twenty.
Speaker 3: That's a solid piece because your fifth year option won't be too much where they're like ever gonna think about it? What you're going You're going into your third year. Yeah, so next year they're going to have to figure out whether they want to pick that up or not.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 4: How is that how it works? It's after your third.
Speaker 3: So after your third year, going into your fourth year, they'll decide whether they want to pick up your fifth year option by.
Speaker 4: Like may cool. And then did you get extended before as you get picked up? How did you work?
Speaker 3: So I got they picked up my fifth year option going into my third I played my fourth and going into my fifth that's when I got extended.
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: And so like the fifth year option is guaranteed their injury, it's it's it's a good contract. I'll tell you what the best pick in the draft is the thirty third overall pick, first pick, second round because you don't have it have to deal with any of the you know, fifth year option type stuff like first round stuff like that. Is it's cool to be a first rounder, don't get me wrong, it's amazing. But like as far as like new contract, second contracts, like just strictly putting money in your pocket. The fastest route is that thirty third pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, however you can get the unrestricted free agency, yeah, Taylor, as as possible, Taylor. So they basically decided after your third year they're going to pick up your fifth year option. You played your fourth knowing that your fifth year option was picked up. So then after your fourth that's when you renegotiated for an extension. Right, did did that fifth year like conclude the first year of your contract?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So when you get extended, when when you like, someone signs an extension, it's not like like if they signed a four year extension, well, it's four years plus however many years they have left on their contract. Some guys sign up with two years left, so if it's a four extension, it's a six total, six years total, right, mm hmm. So I had one year left on my contract with a five year extension. Little long, it's a it's a little long, but I'm I do love being in Tennessee, so it's all good. You would love Tennessee, dude, you're an outdoorsman. You would absolutely love this.
Speaker 1: Broh. He looks like he's in Tennessee right now.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 3: Now that the back of the My dad's from me Din in Minnesota, and I went to his like his childhood spots, and I feel like the BA, like you might be in his house right now. That's so Minnesota back there. He's got he went to an high he went to the U.
Speaker 4: Has he ever been referred to as a cake eater?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, he has, son of a pitch dad fucking cake eater. Dude, that's bullshow.
Speaker 1: What's what's it like? Uh so you were there when you they transition to coach Patricia, right, what's it been like playing for coach Patricia?
Speaker 4: He's uh, he's old school. He's old school, and he's like a football junkie like Liz Breeze.
Speaker 1: Seems like that mustache.
Speaker 4: Loves ball, loves ball, and I mean that's kind of like my game really is just kind of tough, old school football. I'm not like some crazy, freaky athletic player. I'm not like some finesse, amazing past pro guy. I'm kind of just like a bruiser, kind of just play hard, kind of tough player. And that's I like that. I like his I like his approach to the game. I think football is an old school sport. It's a physical violence sport and that's how he approaches it. So I really enjoyed playing for him.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Who who would you say you you look at around the league and want to kind of mimic your game after Who do you watch the most?
Speaker 4: I watched Jason Kelsey. He's a little smaller, like, more athletic than me, but he's He's just a good player to watch technique wise, he uses so many different things. I watched Travis Frederick a lot before he retired. I watched Eric Wood a lot. He's retired obviously now, but he was a good player and he's kind of the same size as me.
Speaker 3: So we'll get them curly cues. Do you are you playing center?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: You're playing guard? Still center? So yeah, you're back in that zone for sure.
Speaker 4: Center. Yeah ticks me back to center my year?
Speaker 3: Who like? So, who do you think you're most like in the league?
Speaker 4: Most like? I don't know. Frank.
Speaker 1: If you wrote an article on yourself and it was Frank, that was a solid joke, dude. If you wrote an article on yourself and it was comparaive, comparable, or comparison, who would it be?
Speaker 4: I can't even tell you, man, I don't I think I'm pretty unique?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I like that?
Speaker 4: Okay, I played hard, nothing flashy, Like I'm not. I'm not pretty, but I get the job done. So someone like that, you.
Speaker 3: Want to stay in Detroit for your whole career or what?
Speaker 4: I have no idea, dude. I love the city, I love the people, love the coaches, love Lake Saint Clair. You ever hear of Lake Saint Clair? Oh? One of the best fisheries in the world. So really, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Do what state? What state has the best fishing?
Speaker 4: Minnesota?
Speaker 3: Minnesota, the land of ten thousand Lakes?
Speaker 4: Ten thousand Lakes.
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, Like I don't fucking know everything.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, have you ever been up north? You guys got to now take the Boys, take the Boys podcast, download some like five g LTE or something, and do a couple of podcasts up in the boundary waters. That will get you some more subscribers and stuff. Unreal. I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what Taylor and I need to look at doing like outdooring with the Boys something like that. Maybe you maybe get some talent, find some talent who could probably take that thing off the ground, dude.
Speaker 4: Camping with the Boys, camping with the boys bad. You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Let's get Frank out. Maybe it's Frank. We put Frank up there in the tent and get somebody to just film him all the time, and we just fucking make more content.
Speaker 3: Anything for content, Frank, anything for you should do. You should honestly do a podcast. Why not. You have a you have a YouTube channel, you do it all. Yeah, merch already you're two thirds of the way there.
Speaker 4: You're right, that's probably next. I mean, let's be honest, that's the unforeseen future. But I don't even know what I would say, Like, what's up? I'm Frank right now. I play football and I like to fish. I live in my mom's basement. How's it going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking about all your stories, man, all your hunting and fishing story.
Speaker 3: That was that was your bio just now you just crushed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true. Dang, you get you guys are building me up. I appreciate this.
Speaker 3: That's what we started. See, we started off breaking you down, came out you're real fast. Yeah, right, seven seven shapes of smoke or seven layers of smoke.
Speaker 5: Now we're here.
Speaker 3: Now we're working as a group. I'll tell you what you can tell people you know, I'm a I'm a hard working football player. I you know, what you see is what you get. But I also watched Travis uh Travis Kelcey, which does not Travis Kelsey. Who's who's the other side of Jason Kelsey. I watched Jason Kelsey, which makes zero sense because that guy's actually really flashy, flashy and finesse. I'm kind of like I'm I'm old school. I'm old school guy. But you can't compare me to anybody because I'm Frank. But I'm old school. I do everything the way the old guys did it. But don't compare me to anybody. I'm Frank. I'm just Frank. It's just I'm just Frank. Here's a bunch of things about me comparable to other people, but I'm just Frank said right in that wave right now, dude, you're you're one of the boys. Man where I'm actually stoked to.
Speaker 4: Have you on. Dude, I appreciate it. I didn't know you guys even knew who I was, so this is cool.
Speaker 3: First, you know who you were.
Speaker 1: Did you know what busting was?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I knew. I knew what busting was.
Speaker 1: Let's go Taylor, Hey don't. Yeah, will So, dude, sometimes like I might get a ship, Dude, we're like super awesome. Hey, sometimes I'll get excit ad about somebody knowing something and Taylor will be quick to just humble me in a second, Dude, like we're not that sweet dude.
Speaker 3: Will okay, So, but yeah probably not. Hey, just Frank. The thing about will Is is he has a weird like like it's sexual to him. Like he loves he loves he loves it when people are like, hey, will you, you're a piece of ship will and literally Will like takes he takes the energy and he's like I'll insult him up and he'll like save it for the podcast. Just save it for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Just save it for the podcast.
Speaker 3: Those who the bathroom comes back super relaxed them You will, you need to have a comment on it because you're gonna have a podcast soon.
Speaker 4: Well not seeing we're gonna We're gonna gotta build.
Speaker 1: We gotta build the YouTube. We gotta get the numbers up, Get the numbers up, Get everybody go subscribe to Frank the Tanks YouTube.
Speaker 3: Man Outdoors, gristly Man Outdoors.
Speaker 1: You know I got a fun segment I thought of a fun segment. We can figure out since uh Rave and Patricia's from the Belichick tree, what they have in common with their with coaching styles, Like do you guys have your like you know, the hardcore urine urine laminated photos all over the all over the building. It says, if you're too low, like you're just disrespecting the team.
Speaker 4: We've got that.
Speaker 3: We have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never every time you piss, it's like right in front of your face and you just sit there and read them and you're just like, god, if you if it's gold, you're like, I'm a selfish, bad teammate, dude, you better start drinking your water. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: That gets to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. And then when it's clear, you're like, oh, coach, coach Rabe will be so proud of me. Right now, I'm so hydrated. Sorry, I was gonna do the next one does in meetings like if it's media, is it speak for yourself? Don't talk about anything else other than speak for yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like, isn't that like.
Speaker 1: A I mean yeah, it probably is, but I feel like it's preached more like Rave really preached it in your head in our head. Like I sat there kind of like fucking brainwashed, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck fuck anybody else.
Speaker 1: Just they ask you about somebody else's play, you don't refer their play. You talk about a team or edit, and you just bring it back to yourself like that's him.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: I was trying to find common ouities between coaches.
Speaker 5: I'm not yea super fun segment. I think we're on a roll. Every watched onto something here.
Speaker 3: We should keep it going.
Speaker 1: This is this is a great segment. Honestly, That's all I had after that, really too, and I was like, maybe Taylor will get on board and thinking more for.
Speaker 3: Me brainstormed, brainstorm before went that win in that one.
Speaker 1: Blind, I know, I thought it'd be exciting because I thought you would buy in.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know, really know any of those things except for like he's he's could he really mean?
Speaker 5: Sometimes it hurts your feelings a lot.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: Think about the podcast he's been on it, dude it he likes it. Oh yeah, I saw that you talked about cutting off his piece.
Speaker 3: Would you cut off your penis for a Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: I'll have to get back to you on that.
Speaker 3: No, there's no get around you've been around it your whole life.
Speaker 4: I can pull that card.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think I need my piece, man.
Speaker 3: No question, I've already sad.
Speaker 1: The answer is.
Speaker 3: Cut off my penis for a super Bowl?
Speaker 4: I believe, Yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: What would you do for a Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: I do a lot?
Speaker 1: Would you? Would you? Would you? Would you sever a finger?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Like I get, I'd get rid of the pinky for it?
Speaker 1: Wait what about index finger?
Speaker 3: That little right one, that right pinky right there that looks like it's got six knuckles?
Speaker 1: Would I would sever that too?
Speaker 3: They cut them things off for free, dude, I'll take a preseason win for one of those. Jesus Christ boy out here dying broth? How many times? How many? How many fingers have you broken?
Speaker 1: I don't know all of them.
Speaker 4: I've had more dislocations than breaks. Jesus Christ, what about you? You've probably had quite a few.
Speaker 3: Huh No, dude, because I got I mean, I break my I've broken all of them before. But like I have these big meat fine, yeah I know. But if you listen, will and you've interrupted me seven times this podcast, I have these big meaty mits here, but these little tiny sausage fingers. They're like little, tiny little guys. They don't only get caught up in much. I have that little knuckle, little knuckles a little fuck. Other than that, dude, I don't got them pinkies like that though, Dude, this thing's probably didn't work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they when it gets called out there, they're a little tough about kicks in, but otherwise they're fine.
Speaker 3: Jesus, did you got arthritis already going into your three Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just turned twenty four a few days ago. It's downhill.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, you've been in the league three years in twenty four.
Speaker 5: That's a killer. That's a big win.
Speaker 4: Well, that's big.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the young like, if I could do it again, and I hope Michigan fans are listening right now, if I could do it again, I would leave as a regchord sophomore. Could you be in that thing at like twenty? What's that?
Speaker 4: Were you good enough too? No?
Speaker 3: I was like, I probably would have been like may maybe a late round draft pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're yeah, but you could have left your junior year.
Speaker 5: I could have left my junior year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I probably would got drafted higher if I left my junior year. Would you if you go back. Would you leave your junior year the tough question, Yes, because I know what the result would have been, which would have would have been like an average at best season and getting her asses kicked in the Buffalo Wildings Bowl to Kansas State. So yes, Michigan's tight. Though, like missions, if I would have done Michigan differently, maybe maybe I wouldn't have left. Maybe I still would have stayed, but I probably would have left. I would have left. If someone said, do you want to do it again, I'd say, yes, I do it again. I'm gonna leave.
Speaker 5: Early as possible.
Speaker 1: I needed all five of my years.
Speaker 3: Dude, I know you could. I know you did.
Speaker 4: That's okay too, There's nothing wrong with that. Both pastwork, for sure.
Speaker 1: But anybody who gets to come in at twenty one in the league at twenty one, like good head on their shoulders, you're fucking winning, dude. The final read comes to you from Omaha Steaks. Shout out the boys at Omaha Steaks. I got my uh. I got the box a couple of weeks ago, obviously grilled it on that same weekend, marinated the Flaming Jones with comp secret recipe, and then also had a couple had a couple of hot dogs and a couple of meatballs.
Speaker 2: I like to get a little weird Northeastern accent when I do that.
Speaker 1: But right now, Omaha Steaks is sharing an amazing limited time Father's Day offer with our listeners. When you go to Omaha Steaks dot com and injured the code boys into the search it's not your typical plack cuban at checkout. You type in boys into the search bar, and that's how you will get your discount. You'll be able to order the Summer Sizzle Pack, which I will get into in a second.
Speaker 2: And it's amazing.
Speaker 1: And get this. I advise you getting this for your old man dude. Get this for your dad because he loves to grill. He loves to have that camaraderie in the backyard. Plus, your gift will include a free one pound package of their perfectly cured, incredibly thick apple with smoked steak cut bacon, all in the Summer Sizzle Pack, all for seventy nine to ninety nine. Here's what's in the Summer Sizzle Pack. You might think, oh, it's about eighty bucks.
Speaker 2: What's in this? Motherfucker? Dude?
Speaker 1: Four naturally lean tops or loin steaks, hand carved an age at least twenty one days for tenderness and flavor. Four premium boneless chicken breasts, four gourmet jumbo franks and sausages, a package of savory all beef meatballs, four perfectly brown potatoes alt grotten, four made from scratch caramel apple tartlets, and in Omaha Steaks Signature Seasoning packet. Dad, Your dad will get all of this delicious food plus the free pound of steak cut bacon, all for seventy nine ninety nine. That is a fucking deal. Boys, this Father's Day, send your old man the gift he really wants. Go to Omaha Steaks dot com and type boys in the search bar and say fifty five percent when you send the Summer Sizzle Pack for seventy nine to ninety nine and get free steak cut bacon.
Speaker 2: With your order. Don't wait.
Speaker 1: Go to Omaha Steaks dot com now and type boys in the search bar to order the Summer Sizzle Pack for Father's Day today.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the rest of the episode. Wolves.
Speaker 3: That's a big win. When when did you when did you think to yourself, I can I can I can do this? I can go to the NFL.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, probably after my sophomore year of college. I could have left after my junior year too.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you leave?
Speaker 4: Well? That was that was when my dad passed. So it was like I was an emotional wreck. So then that so he passed in October and then you know, I had to make that decision like two months later, and I was it was terrible, but I decided I wasn't ready that.
Speaker 3: He passed away in October suddenly too. That's that's gotta be so tough, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, it happened. And then I had to play Alabama four days later. That wasn't fun.
Speaker 3: Uh you played?
Speaker 4: Fuck man?
Speaker 3: Do you guys wain.
Speaker 1: Alabama? Didn't?
Speaker 3: I know? I knew the answer.
Speaker 2: I knew the answer.
Speaker 5: Putting in the wound.
Speaker 3: That's tough, dude. Will Do you have any brothers and sisters?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I got a brother and three sisters.
Speaker 5: How did they handle the situation?
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's still like, uh, I mean, it's only been three and a half years and it's still terrible. We all rallied together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, that's tough. I'm sorry to hear that many.
Speaker 4: But the Boys podcast down.
Speaker 3: We know, we go up, dude. We're like, we're like drugs, dude, We'll be high and low all the time. So it's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like, Uh, you got to get into the stories of what made these dudes man, no question. I mean, I'm sure you know. I'm sure you you probably you went through a shitload to I mean, you've had to overcome all of that shit still trying to play football with your dad suddenly passing. I mean, I couldn't even fucking imagine, right, I could not imagine my dad suddenly passing away in the middle of my was it your sophomore year in October junior year? I really couldn't imagine, and then trying to play football four days after, and then finishing out the year and trying to make decisions and probably I'm sure your dad was probably involved in your life where you're kind of making decisions with him if you want to, you know, this outdoor show, he.
Speaker 4: Was the decision guy. So but I mean, but then there's like football kind of is like a grieving process too, man, Like it just lets you forget about everything and just go play ball. So that was a blessing in disguise. I guess too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely unless you let let all those emotions out for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you think knowing you're dead?
Speaker 3: And I didn't know oppositely to know him, but like, do you think he would have wanted you to leave or wanted you to stay? Do you think that play probably played in?
Speaker 4: I think he would have wanted me to leave? Oh? Really really he was like, like he would tell me growing up, I'm gonna keep putting these pieces in the oven. You're gonna buy me a helicopter and when you make it to the lead, like that's just that's what his mindset was.
Speaker 3: What he said request, Yeah, you know I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he was probably like and like so like you know how like agents will start reaching out to you when you're younger and whatnot, and I I just prefer them all to him. And he would get so hyped just to talk to him. So he probably would have said, go no ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah did you think about that at all when you made the decision to stay?
Speaker 4: It was horrible. I went back and forth literally every day, and then really then you know, like coaches will say one thing, you got, agents saying one thing you got everybody tugging at you. So it's a tough decision. I don't think people realize.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, did you did you send in like your review or whatever into the NFL and what what did your paper come back?
Speaker 4: As? I think it was like there's like seven grades. I think majority of them were two to three, two to three, two to three, and then but there was one that said six to seven. Oh really, And then I'm not trying to nowhere broke.
Speaker 3: Like at that six to seven, like the he could have just left that one out.
Speaker 4: I just try to get in my head and it works. Yeah, it worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are coaches telling you stuff, like my coaches when I was when I was going through the process, Brady Hoke, he was.
Speaker 5: Like, you shouldn't go. You're not mature enough.
Speaker 4: Yet mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And and yeah, I tell you what, I drink that kool aid. I was. I was like, yeah, he's right, cut them out here every weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah rat shoot, yeah, I mean I had it. Was coach Brett Bilma, and he was like he was he's the man, like uh he was, he was. He's been big time there for me since my dad passed. So he was he like thought I should stay but it wasn't. I don't think it was because of anything to do with like my play or football. I think it was more like emotional like grieving and everything like that. So I think he was actually, like legit looking at it from like a care about me, not about his football team, not about anything else, but just like caring about me as a person. So I tell you that.
Speaker 3: I wonder for a head coach ever told somebody, hey, you should leave this college that I'm coaching at and go to the NFL.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure, Like you know what I'm saying, Like a junior quarter like a junior quarterback who's projected to be a first round pick, how do you tell the guy to come back?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you do what you can to manipulate the come back.
Speaker 4: I guess, Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure because if you, as a head coach, might have an extension on the way or some bonus or some some incentive in there, and you think in your head like I need this motherfucker so I can hit my thing. Like you know, you you try to finagle that situation as much.
Speaker 3: That's what that's what you learned to, especially in the football world, people are so selfish like people everyone's just trying to get theirs, you know what I'm saying, and they don't really care, like too much about your passengers. Now, your relationship with your coach is your relationship. And it's just like I don't know the idea of like you like, hey, this is a spot you're comfortable with, You're in a comfort zone like you need, like if you're grieving your father, like obviously that's a that's a great way to come back. But if you would have got hurt, then what you know what I'm saying, did get hurt, then that's it. Well you got hurt, Like what kind of hurt?
Speaker 4: I played five games my senior year that I tore everything in my ankle.
Speaker 1: Really, ship, did you get that insurance?
Speaker 4: Then I'm sitting there, No, I didn't. I didn't because I still went first round, So I didn't get the because you know it kicks in like after picks, you know you fall. I didn't really fall, so I got lucky. Damn.
Speaker 3: So you probably could have got a first round put the year before. Really, yeah, liked should have left. Who's your agent?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 3: Athletes first? That's like a second or third best agency. It's pretty solid.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, who's your agency?
Speaker 3: That's Creative Artist Agency. It's the biggest agency in the world.
Speaker 4: Oh I've never heard of him.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, well they're solid. Tom Condon twenty five most powerful agents in the world regardless of category.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I've heard of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've heard of him. Sports and so who sports? Neil Cornrich?
Speaker 4: Oh dude, Neil. I almost went with Neil Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, Neil's a fucking boss. He just not loud. He just doesn't have a huge marketing like he's just a boss, like lawyer, negotiator, genius.
Speaker 4: He seems like he's very, very intelligent. My mom almost went with him. My mom loved Neil because because he's like he's deeling most guy.
Speaker 1: And he's like yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And he like who else does he have?
Speaker 1: Like Kirk Farents, Bill Belichick, Bo Polini, Kirk Farens, like he had Bo. And that's how I got with him, because he had Bo Polini.
Speaker 4: That's how he almost got me. But I I just wasn't wasn't connecting. But he's a great dude, Like he's still dude. He still will email my mom articles about me.
Speaker 1: Yes, bro, he emails my younger brother, who is a wrestler. He emails him like wrestling articles.
Speaker 4: That's that shows how good a guy he is. He's a good dude.
Speaker 1: Hey see, Taylor, you can't sleep on the small you can't sleep on them small ones, the little, subtle quiet ones.
Speaker 3: No question, I don't disagree. If he's a great agent.
Speaker 1: You guys, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's awesome. You know you know Tom Condon wants to represent you? Though, Did Tom recruit.
Speaker 4: You at all? No names?
Speaker 1: You're talking to me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, well I think.
Speaker 2: He never me.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: You will man or break hotel. But go ahead.
Speaker 4: What's that Maybe some of the other guys over there.
Speaker 3: Pat Collins, Uh, Tom Condon, Tommy Condon, Jimmy Sexton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Pat calling Jimmy Sexton. And then there's one other guy.
Speaker 5: Pat Collins.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: He's like my day to day dude.
Speaker 3: He's epic. That dude's he's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was a senior at Michigan when I was a freshman. We played together.
Speaker 4: Oh that's sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And dude, he's like one of the nicest, most organized, work his ass off for you. We'll sit on the phone with you for hours and explain stuff like when I was going through my contract negotiating stuff, it's so frustrating because you're like, you know, I think I thought the team wanted me.
Speaker 5: Why aren't they?
Speaker 3: You know, you have all these questions like why aren't they paying me? Why aren't they like coming up? Why would they start that contract number? Why would all these different like whys? And Pat would stay on the phone with me for hours, dude, just listen to everything. He makes you feel like you're the only person he's ever like, got to work for Pat's all time, dude.
Speaker 4: You get like the big agency and you feel like you've got the small aspect.
Speaker 3: I think A does an amazing job of making you feel like there's really not anybody else to be like that is overshadowing you.
Speaker 5: It's not like a Drew Rosenhaus, you know.
Speaker 4: Sort of that.
Speaker 1: So that's a good that's a good example.
Speaker 4: Athletes versus great as well. Go ahead plugging sports.
Speaker 3: Everybody like they got so many athletes? Do you feel do you feel like you have one?
Speaker 5: Like you're the.
Speaker 4: Only guy c A has like everybody Listen, Frank, I like you like.
Speaker 3: You, Frank but I don't want to have to like sit here and say, hey, go ahead and look up the next the last three draft classes and.
Speaker 4: How are athletes first might have dominated this last draft, dude.
Speaker 3: They dominated the numbers and there's no question about it. But goes after, goes after a finite amount of guys that their quality, that they want to represent, that they know that these dudes are going to be successful in the lead these statistically pat c A.
Speaker 1: If you're listening, you need to clip that and use it. You need to use that for your guys' fucking video because Taylor sells the ship out of you boys.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, man, issues, Man, there's a CIA is by far, by far, it's not even it's not even close. I'm looking, well, you're biased, You're you're biased. Maybe maybe could be, I couldn't sure, but also like, what.
Speaker 1: Do you mean you could be?
Speaker 4: You're a thousand percent bias.
Speaker 1: Here's your bias.
Speaker 3: Any lots of agencies will promise you. They'll promise you the moon, the promise you the stars, will say, oh, you're gonna be this, You're gonna be that, You're gonna be the greatest thing ever. For these reasons, is wants to sell you on what they can do for you. But everything they say they can do for you, they will actually do for you. They will actually help promote you, they will actually help and look for sponsorship opportunities. And they'll be honest with you too. They'll say, hey, listen, you're a white guy from Michigan, Taylor, and you're an offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Not a lot.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot we can do for you right now uphill battle, you.
Speaker 1: Know, hang on now. Then we have Derek Morgan on a first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did, and I really disagreed with what Derek said. However, he was our guest and I was just trying to be nice. If I were to have therek on this podcast, I would I would probably argue it at this point because you know, Derek was doing to sting. He's you know, I am happy for him. But at the same time, like I don't know, like like like Drew Rosenhaus for instance, why would you go with him? You know what I'm saying, Guys like that who has an obvious an obvious reputation of just being a scum lord.
Speaker 1: That that is what gets me too. I just don't understand, Like, and I don't know him. He might be a great dude, but it's like, you know, he has such a reputation right that I don't see how he keeps getting these fucking dudes, right.
Speaker 3: No, he gets, he gets, he gets guys. But he does a good job. He does a good job of selling people. And I talked to my agent and he's like, here's what he does, and he basically like lays down, like these are the steps he takes, you know, just kind of a slap. But I do think he is the best agency. They've historically had the best contracts.
Speaker 4: They're great.
Speaker 3: I'm sure athletes Fir's great and sports, see sports, don't sleep on them. They're they're phenomenal to shoutout and see sports shoutout athletes.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 4: We're all highly favored over.
Speaker 3: Here, I know, highly blessed and highly favored. What a cliche, right, yeah, ally blessing. I mean, you know what else would you perspect? I don't know, I don't know what I would say.
Speaker 5: I got nothing.
Speaker 1: Boys, when you're hanging with the wife and bean and having a great time, just having one of those moments thinking yourself, yo, I'm highly blessed and highly favored.
Speaker 5: Never actually thought that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you will. Now i'd say, like I'm thriving. I like that one a little more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to that's that sounds like a wind to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I I just caught poor fish in a row, forecasting row.
Speaker 5: I'm thriving forecast in a row. You've done that before?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah. You love fishing, dude, Dude, see all those fishing poles.
Speaker 5: So Minnesota, would you say, why would you Why do you think?
Speaker 3: Why do you think he dined as cake eaters? See see al we circled back to that because Wiles interrupted time was curious.
Speaker 4: If you apologize, it's just kind of known that people. You know, I don't want to go out of your dad here. I don't want to go for it.
Speaker 5: Do you take shots throw handmakers? That will not bother me one bit?
Speaker 3: He you know what? He listens to these podcasts too.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Well, here's here's what's heard that. Uh, people are privileged cake eaters.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I think it's smart.
Speaker 3: Frank, I think it's very smart to generalize a complete population. I think that's worked in everybody's favor for the like, for the lifetime of people.
Speaker 4: Dude. It's a. It's a friendly high school thing. Relaxed.
Speaker 3: Frank, you were you were awesome in this podcast. Did you do the great job. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Guys, you'll want a real note, Dude, your dad would be super fucking proud.
Speaker 3: Of you, no question.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: You seem like a really good.
Speaker 1: So Hey before we got to get off, though, Frank, I'll might butcher this, but I'm, you know, giving the boy a shout out. You help it out and clean it up. Frank has teamed up with the United Way and local United Way in hashtag Stay Home, Stay Strong initiative to raise money for COVID nineteen Lions fans. So if you're a Lions fan listen up or any fans really, but mainly Lions fans, you can donate to the cause. And when a virtual fishing hangout with Frank, the tank linked to donations we will put in our show notes. Frank, what is that fishing trip going to be about?
Speaker 4: Dude, nailed it. Nailed it, you know, I don't know. I got to figure that out, but I'm I'm probably just gonna be fishing, and usually fishing solo. Sometimes I'll bring my fiance or fund. Sometimes i'll bring my brother, but usually I'm solo. So it'll be great to have some company and see if we can catch a mango out there.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna film and everything?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I'll have the go pros all over.
Speaker 1: You know. Keep that up, bro, that's it's gonna grow.
Speaker 4: Dude, watched the last episode. The last episode was low key of fire at it, and I think I'm I think I'm on the come up.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll watch it. I'll fucking post it too, dude. We got We're for the boys.
Speaker 4: Man, this is huge for me. I'm low key, like super excited right now.
Speaker 3: You're on the squad happy about that.
Speaker 1: I know, I know he's like fired up the squad, dude, thanking this one.
Speaker 3: You've done it, dude, we've all done it together now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look it up.
Speaker 3: Thought huh not me? All right, brother, We appreciate it, man
Speaker 4: Yeah, Frank, thanks bro, Yeah, thanks guys, thanks for having me.