Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stacks on the move today.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the biopharma sector. There's a big winner there this morning. Forte Biosciences ticker symbol FBRX. This is a clinical stage biopharma company based in Dallas. It's up thirty six percent right now. It has been on a tear though. Guys, up one hundred percent year to date, three hundred and seventy percent in the past year. This is a company with a market cap of about one point one billion dollars. It is being bought out by the Netherlands based Rgenix for two point two billion in cash. That's seventy seven dollars a share. Just to give you an idea, last traded at about fifty five dollars a share. So Fortes developing a promising drug for treating videligo and celiac disease that they say could be used to address multiple autoimmune conditions.
Speaker 1: ID thing this weekend. I had no idea how big ASML is in the Netherlands.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's huge.
Speaker 1: It's like ginormous. There's no American equivalent. No, it's ginormous.
Speaker 3: They got some winners over there in the Netherlands. All right, let's stick with medical, shall we, and go Astrozenica little overseas there a z and is the ticker symbol up about oh, just one percent. It has been down three and a half percent though year to date. It reported higher than expected profit, boosted by its blockbuster cancer medications, earnings per share rising twenty one percent. Last quarter. The company also released some promising results for an experimental treatment for gastrect cancers. It now expects sales of more than five billion dollars a year for an experimental drug for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. So that's stock getting a bit of a lift today.
Speaker 1: I look up when there's an ad on TV old fard add we're all Diane, this will save you. I look up with the old costs for these drugs. They're like twenty five thou thirty thousand bucks a year, and then it's paid by I don't know who pays for it.
Speaker 3: It's all man grounded in mystery, and it shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be yeah, well said, And it comes down to, like you pay a dollar two ninety eight, everybody else pays. I don't know who the everybody else is, like through through the ring, insurance or whatever. We need somebody to come in and clear it up for us. Yes, we do.
Speaker 3: This one was I picked this one especially for Paul Sweety. Paramounts guidance so down just fractionally, and Warner Brothers down one point six percent. But these two are at the altar. They just cannot tie the knot Paramount and Warner Brothers still tethered to one another. A federal court considering claims that their eighty one billion dollar deal violates antitrust law. And guess what, this case could stretch well into next year. Meanwhile, it's going to be ticking on what Paramount owes Warner Brothers in terms of late fees or if it ultimately doesn't happen, there's a huge breakup fee.
Speaker 1: Huge.
Speaker 4: I mean the attorney for Warner Brothers, Discovery I think did a great job here. They saw this coming potentially maybe not from the States, but and they said, if this happens, we're gonna get paid for this incremental reason.
Speaker 3: So here's my question if it doesn't happen yep, Warner Brothers gets paid richly, and then what happens who comes in, swoops in and buys them.
Speaker 4: No idea and who operates these companies? I'm like, how are these companies are going to operate over the next twelve months while this trial goes on. Are they going to make investments?
Speaker 1: Or twenty seconds and we'll do this longer. Is this affected by the midterm elections?
Speaker 4: The good news is that CNN will stay. This is according to CNN, they will remain independent through the elections, and for them that's important.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, delicate questions.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay, and and write auto with the Bloomberg Business app. Mm hmm.