Speaker 1: Alright, We're good. You like go.
Speaker 2: Busting with the boys, Hanging with the bes.
Speaker 1: Betting on a game.
Speaker 2: No moment's gonna tell us.
Speaker 1: Would not be. We're here.
Speaker 2: Just drinking beer and making naver baby, I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the boys.
Speaker 3: Bro, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another wonderful episode in the month of Spooctober of Busting with the Boys, Episode two ninety seven. And as always, we are going to do a little panhandling here, and that is if you are joining us for the first time, please go ahead and hit the subscribe button. Leave a little comment too. We're gonna have more comment fund a little bit if you just toss a little pumpkin down there in the spirit of Spooktober, go ahead and do that thing. Be a friend, tell a friend, get everybody on the show. Just by pressing the subscribe button, you make our lives a whole lot better. And now it's my turn to make your life a whole lot better by telling you about our presenting sponsor, the Chevy Silverado. There's a reason why we've never never done a tear talk of the best trucks, and that's because for busting with the boys. There's only one pickup truck, the Chevy Silverado. Will you have a question to ask me?
Speaker 4: Why is that.
Speaker 3: Silverado is a partner, a partner you can depend on. We've all spent time driving and using the Silverado for all kinds of adventures and other shenanigans. Silverado was a partner with us on Spring Tour and they are again during the Fall tour. Silverado brings the grit to and we're talking about legendary grit paired with a modern truck tech inside and out, massive screens. They have eight cameras and fourteen different views to help making driving, towing, and parking all that much easier. The days of when real men had trucks and only real men because they could park those boats. That's gone. Now every casual human being can go take a truck and feel comfortable with fourteen different views, knowing that you are safe, to seem like a man and feel like a man. We love the bold, blacked out look of the new Silverado. HD Trailbosters or reason why Chevy is America's most awarded brand for new vehicle quality over the last three years. According to JD Power, do us a favor. Head over to Chevy dot com and build your Silverado or Silverado HD and check out all the current offers in Silverado. Discover a world of strength and capability, all behind the wheel of our favorite truck. The Chevy Silverado Chevrolet received the highest total number of awards compared to all other brands in the JD Power twenty twenty two through twenty twenty four US Initial Quality Studies. Visit jdpower dot Com or Forward Slash Awards for more details. Awards based on twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four mod tolls.
Speaker 1: Now you took that aid on.
Speaker 3: A walk, took it and fucking ran with it. Kid, We're gonna have a Chevy Silverado guest on today. Yeah, we got a big one. Do we want to say it early? I mean, I guess it's already out, Like people are going to see the trailer. It's like, yeah.
Speaker 4: So the right Connor Stallions, he's on his he's on a flight here right now.
Speaker 3: As we are as we're speaking. And the guy you know where he was yesterday, Seattle, Washington. Yeah, because he went to the Michigan game. Of course, the flying to Chicago was going to drive back up to Michigan, but instead is making a quick pit stop in Nashville, Tennessee, and he's going to fly back to Chicago to day to drive back to and.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't know if it's an opera, but Michigan. The guy's a stud.
Speaker 4: Dude, he's he's he's a one of a kind. And I am so excited. I think this is his first like long form interview since everything.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, and here are the boys? Do we want to tell him? A couple of ball players, A couple of ball players, guys some sign Steelers on the field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, did you watch documentary? I did. I just saw clips. So in the document he did whatever he could for his for his university, which you got to respect.
Speaker 3: I'll let him speak on that. I'll absolutely let him speak on that however he wants to word it. There is a part in the documentary with the student named Brohio is like another super fan of Ohio State, and he's like being interviewed with a mask on and glasses and a hat and he's basically was one of the guys that was like infiltrating Michigan and finding all the articles and all the things to help take down Michigan during the stuff, and you can just tell bro as salty as fuck about how much Connor got exposure. Is like this guy all he cares about his attention, all he cares about this. There's another guy, Tony something from Detroit Free Press. Tony I don't know, but I looked him up after I watched the show, and the guy's like a very negative anti anti Michigan during the documentary. Guy graduated from Michigan State. So there's like you can just it's just different. It's just different than Big ten Man.
Speaker 1: That's not him. That's not him.
Speaker 4: He's not somebody like to me, the cat who said it was his name, Brohio, Brohio. He's just doing it for attention, like it's It's not like Connor Stallion started this whole thing, the manifesto, and thought the end game was getting Netflix documentary, right, the endgame was a national championship. Yeah, he wont he wanted to win.
Speaker 3: Right, And it's incredible to I mean, we'll obviously dive more into it with him, but at some point in that documentary, he's talking about how Michigan is about to get all these sanctions put on him, and he basically was like, I don't want anything to happen to Michigan. So he essentially told his lawyer like, tell him it was all me.
Speaker 4: Tell him I did.
Speaker 1: Everything in a true marine fashion.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I can't wait. I want to learn about the details of the manifesto, how it grew over time. Like, I mean, the dude is a he's a wizard. He's a wizard on the scouting reports, and they've got to memorize a lot of shit. I want to know all of it.
Speaker 3: And there is apparently some underground sign stealer group where more teams than not actually have this going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ultimately, Connor Stallions is like the Lance Armstrong of science stealing. Yeah, it's like you.
Speaker 1: Get popped, you get caught all this stuff.
Speaker 4: And then you learn later on that everybody tries to do it. I mean, every team tries. Everybody is trying to get a manage possible to win.
Speaker 3: And so it's really it's it's such an interesting interviewer we're about to have because there's literally a pending investigation going on right now. So for him to be able to sit down with us and give us the information, he is like it's.
Speaker 4: Wild and so we'll just boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is the boy the boys, and I got I got on the phone with him because we for those of you that don't know, we're doing Busting with the Boys a little bit differently this year. We're starting we're keeping guests throughout the year as opposed to doing zooms. So October eighth was one of those kind of glad we don't have a guest here.
Speaker 1: Literally, was it.
Speaker 4: Friday when I text you? On Saturday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Friday, I text you.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, I'm gonna try to get Connor. I got on the phone with him and I was like, hey, I know this whole stuff's going on, but like.
Speaker 4: How can we get you to Nationville moment right?
Speaker 3: And He's like, yeah, I'll come for sure. I was like, well, you gotta make sure my lawyers get with it. I was like, just tell your lawyer, tell us what what not to talk about. That conversation with his lawyer still has not happened. He's still coming no matter what because he's for the boys, dude, he really is. And it's interesting he said he d m me a photo. I don't know, like few months ago of when I was at Michigan and he and it's a photo of me and him, and he's wearing like a Michigan flag, like one of those crazy Michigan fan things. This is when he was like fifteen, sixteen years old. He came out of the womb, ready to be a mission ready ready. And if you see, like literally for Halloween one year, he was a Michigan coach. That's that's like he is one hundred.
Speaker 4: Was this one hardball? Assuming he was doing Halloween still like dressing up as a Michigan coach like in his twenties. However old he.
Speaker 3: Is maybe maybe no kids just dressed up he is. I think he was born in ninety five, so he's four years younger than me.
Speaker 1: He's twenty nine, okay, twenty nine to bad.
Speaker 4: He couldn't help the boys out on Saturday. I know, I tell you, I tell you what I just I look around the bus. Everybody's team kind of lost, Like, yeah, Mitch, I guess he's an Ohio State fan. Sure, he's where'd you go on the weekend? One in five and five, two and five? Apparently he's claiming the Texas Longhorns. Now he's like my wife went there, so it's crazy. He's hooked him. He's hook them all day.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 4: How are you a fan of I love their jerseys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't give you West Virginia bro.
Speaker 4: I was watching them when Pat White was there. Everybody watch.
Speaker 1: You played the video game? Oh yeah all the time.
Speaker 4: So I consider myself Pat McAfee, Oh yeah, Pat mc all West Virginia fans apparently Smith but go ahead, will talk about how we're all losers and you're not. I know, I know Nebraska did win, and I'm excited about that. I did hate seeing everybody's team lose. It's kind of like a weird. I'm used to feeling like the loser of the entire group, and it's like I'm the yeah, yeah, JP is well. I didn't want to just throw a random straight at you like South Carolina has been. They've been in the dumps for a while as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it does.
Speaker 4: It feels good to unset and undefeated Rutgers team. We played our worst football not defense. Defense played incredible, but we had two blocked punts, which two block punts can't have that number one, but we had two block punts. It was it was Raila's probably worst game of his season so far, and the boys the Black Shirt showed up in incredible fashion. We did we we eked out or win. I hated that rule didn't try to at least drive they were an enemy territory and at least get a field goal to cover. It was ultimately a push because I got him at minus seven. I know some people got him a minus six and a half. Should have paid for that little what do they called a hook? Should have paid, should have pay for the hook. But yeah, it does. It feels good. It feels good to be a winner, the sole winner on the bus. I you know, I hate, I hated for everybody else and to lose in the fashion like I mean, Vanderbilt, we're talking what Music City miracle two point zero? That was insane that Vandy. Should we start there, Vandy upsetting Alabama because getting we're on a bye week. We're back where we're four to one, five and one, we're on a bye week. We go to Indiana. That's gonna be a very tough game for us because Indiana is a good team. But we have a bye this week. But if I can start deflecting and get it off of myself, the spotlight off of myself and we can talk about this young man right here with Pavia. Yeah, they kid of him.
Speaker 3: I believe New Mexico State last year and just this guy is every bit of a psycho. And I mean that in the best way possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Literally, there was a news article that came out where they were playing one of their rivals at New Mexico State, might be New Mexico. Who knows that's I don't follow them, but apparently in the middle of the night on an away game, went to their fifty yard line and pissed on their field Like this, that's the that's the kind of operation this kid's dealing with. Like he this kid, and I'm not taking a shot, Like he's not an NFL guy right, Like he's We're not looking at him as like a first round pick type of guy. Just a true official, true college legend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a football player who saw Alabama and there's no fear in his mind. He no fear like he was gonna go out there.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of plays in that game where he goes runs the sideline three or four yard game, gets hit out out of bounds, slips and falls, gets up he's running the DB's face losing his fucking mind about it. Now, he's not like a throw it down the field type of guy. Who is the head coach FORANDI. Well, it doesn't matter whoever the OC is. The creativity they have on offense is incredible. There's one play in particularly they clerk Lee. Shout out clerk Lee because they had early in the game they did a your classic option pitch play and they caught the edge and they end up getting a bigger gain on that, which is like twelve fifteen yards later in the game when it counted the most. I believe it was the end of the third quarter.
Speaker 4: They're in like.
Speaker 3: They're trying to obviously take all the clock they possibly can. They go when they showed the same option, but they turn into a shovel pass, so you have the whole defense going east and west, and as he's about to pitch it, throws it the other way. Kid takes it and has an explosive play there.
Speaker 1: So they're used.
Speaker 3: They're utilizing this kid's creativity because you saw it against Virginia Tech. When they're the game is really on the line, he's like running.
Speaker 1: And he just yeah, just do it. He's running there or just throwing dishing it.
Speaker 4: Off the track.
Speaker 3: And these Vanderbilt boys, man, these band of fucking misfits, these outliers in the SEC where Nick Saban has gone on a record. Everywhere in the SEC is hard to play it except for Vanderbilt. Just drug through the mud twenty four to seven, treated like shit, and they're in an amazing city where they don't have a whole lot of recruits. They have guys that just decide, Hey, I'm not good enough here, so I'm gonna go to Vanderbilt. And I'm smart enough to go to Vanderbilt.
Speaker 1: These fucking kids just unseated.
Speaker 3: The one seed and I'm I'm I'm. I keep catching eyes with g and geez Are geez are Alabama, and I in no way am I trying to take away from you or any of this, because we've done that last year and I'm not trying to do that. I'm just like, I feel I'm excited for Vanderbilt. Man, Like they just did a historical that they've never done at that school. It will be etched, they told us in June. We did a dude cannon promotion with them, and they're like, bro they're sleeping on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thinking they were, like that's what they all say. A kid.
Speaker 4: I'm like, all right, boy, the world year.
Speaker 3: Yes, you had these white offensive linemen and they are talking way different. I'm like, you don't need to talk like that. I'm thinking to myself, these dudes are out of their fucking minds. But they pulled it off, man, and they pulled it off and started with Virginia Tech yea. And now they've they got three wins. They've already beat their win total that Vegas said for the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: First time in school history, program history, defeating the one seed. First time they've beat Alabama since September of nineteen eighty four, and that was in Tuscaloosa. When's the last time they beat Alabama at home? Like the twenties nineteen just before the depression.
Speaker 1: That game was filmed in black and white, the last time.
Speaker 4: That is one of the biggest upsets in college football history.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I guess maybe the big is that the Vegast It's probably mich was Michigan one, though I don't know if Michigan were like ten though we were ten.
Speaker 3: They were a one double a school, right, But kind of has a little resume of doing that to people. Yeah, yeah, they're solid and I think they are d one now, but still like and to go even more like shitting on Michigan, Like, Vanderbilt is still in the SEC, it's still a conference game. They still play these teams every single year.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just wild man.
Speaker 3: The question I have for the chat is who is a more famous Vanderbilt quarterback, Pavia or.
Speaker 1: Jay Cutler At this point, I Pavi, you.
Speaker 4: Might have to go Pavia.
Speaker 1: This kid might have a fucking statue.
Speaker 3: It might be made out of you know, foam, but for good, I don't know what what Vanderbilt's budget.
Speaker 4: Looks like some money.
Speaker 1: They got some money, They got some money.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, bro, this kid might be the most famous player ever in Vanderbilt history.
Speaker 4: At this point, Jay Cutler will have like the more decorated career because obviously he's the first round pick NFL and everything else. But as far as like etched in stone forever, Pavia is going to be the guy. The guy because they're gonna be you know, they're gonna build their recruiting around that. It's like something that's like yo, what was it like the night where two goal posts marched down through Broadway multiple miles into the river, right like Jack, Tennessee, when you all beat Alabama and you guys did you guys started the goalpost thing?
Speaker 3: How far is the goalpost from Neeland Stadium to the river?
Speaker 5: It's right next door, right next door. But we took it to the strip, which is about a mile and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's a lot of effort both ways.
Speaker 5: The fact that they took it from Vanderbilt Station to the Cumberland I think it's like three point one miles and then they broke through the police barricade on Broadway. That that shows grit you think of anythink nerds. Unfortunately, that's just the case. Those kids changed the narrative this weekend. They might be nerds, but they got fucking heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got grit. They're gritty nerds. They have maybe the most dangerous kind of human. They have a core memory forever. Look at this kid on the goalpost. That's your profile picture of the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: You see that in the far right. Yeah, Tennessee.
Speaker 5: He's like, fuck yeah, Bama laws, We're still undefeated. And then he went to Broadway and got his heartbroken.
Speaker 4: God and also shout out the city too for even though they went through the cop bear and everything else, like you know, the police just like, hey, there's the greatest moment this university has ever seen. Let him take it there. And then I want to say I was listening to Josh Paige shout out the boy, but he was saying how he when he was coming back, he saw like a rescue mission to get the goalposts out of the water, like you know, in the middle of the night.
Speaker 5: Obviously there's a lot of boat goes through there, so that goal post, it was floating for a good sec If that catches someone's prop, like it's gonna break your Yeah, that boat.
Speaker 3: They're literally sinking ships, a little many Titanics everywhere throughout the Cumblden River.
Speaker 1: Just uh.
Speaker 4: That's one piece of the insane weekend that college football had. Alabama lost, Tennessee loss to Arkansas, Michigan lost, USC lost, Miszoo got called by the way by a and m Rutgers undefeated lost. I will I'll say this, dude.
Speaker 3: When I was when we were doing the locker room and I was looking through all the slate of college football. Yeah, I kind of thought to myself, this is like maybe the most boring week of college football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think everybody felt that way.
Speaker 3: And it was the best. Fire wasn't the best. Michigan lost, but like.
Speaker 4: That was like Michigan lost, but that was an incredible game to watch as well.
Speaker 3: Not really, Yeah, I know your heart was getting turnover. We spotted him fourteen early. Listen, it is tough when you're the tenth ranked team in the country and you go uh to the Pacific Northwest to play a team that's unranked and you're underdogs by.
Speaker 4: Two and a half points. Now, it seemed like who, what's a kid? What's the quarterback name?
Speaker 1: Tuttle?
Speaker 4: Tuttle seemed like he had seemed like he had a little bit of like he did.
Speaker 1: He got well yep.
Speaker 3: And the thing is, here's what gives me optimism about the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: With Orgy.
Speaker 3: A fantastic athlete, looks like a guy you would create on NCAA fourteen. Like he's he's got the look, he's got everything, but like, oh.
Speaker 4: We kind of got a mill road.
Speaker 3: But he's completely not Yeah, but he's not he's not pushing the ball down the field. They look at this tuttal kid right looks like he got into Vanderbilt on a full ride academic scholarship, no doubt about it. But he comes in and his numbers weren't like incredible. However, at one point he was like seven for nine for like eighty five yards, and it's like, okay, we're able to throw the ball a little bit where the defense has to play us.
Speaker 4: A little more honest.
Speaker 3: You see Donovan Edwards kind of get a spark going you, So Mullings get a little spark going, lovely what Lovelyn gets to get. And then listen, he tries to go up in the pocket in the fourth quarter with six minutes left in the game, they hit the ball out, there's a turnover.
Speaker 4: He throws a pick later.
Speaker 3: Like all those things are very frustrating, and it is a big reason why we lost the game. But we have good receivers. We have possibly the greatest tight end in all of college football right now, and we have a guy that can for even though he's not the best, he can get the ball to them, which allows us to.
Speaker 4: Strengthen our run game. It just even though our offense is not that much better, it is better.
Speaker 3: You can execute the forward pass a little. We can execute we can officially turn on forward.
Speaker 4: Pass in our offense.
Speaker 3: And that's gives me hope. Because the defense not their best day.
Speaker 4: I mean, you've got two first rounders on defense.
Speaker 3: Three maybe yeah, I mean that Grant kid, fifty five Graham and then Will Johnson.
Speaker 4: In that linebacker number fifteen, he's a good player.
Speaker 3: And then, bro, what I tell you about zero third and eight, which I know you love. Zero on third and eight with the game on the line, Will Johnson gets a DPI and it's just like, there goes. That's the game, that it's over, it's done. I just I don't love how much we blitz.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I know that's winks thing. That's not Will Johnson. He plays for the he plays for the Washington Commanders. Now I don't love how much they blitz. I wish they would just play their man, play the zone, throwing a couple blitzer here and there to keep a monastery rush for you have the talent, You have the talent to get to the quarterback with four, and you have guys that can cover all around. Yeah, it's like, I know, it's tough, it's it's frustrating, but I do. Weirdly, after that game, I went, okay, like our offense has added the throwing portion. We're halfway through the year, and now we can we can throw the ball a little bit. I don't give a shit if it's checkdowns. Brother, we can fucking do it now.
Speaker 4: You I did watch your video and you're talking about what was the record going into Ohio State nine to two. I feel like you're sleeping on some clubs now, I know, but listen, and I saw your tweet. Let's focus on one game at a time. I get it. I'm just trying to help you out. I know, I know Will and t us me. I'll get there eventually.
Speaker 3: Like I know this is to me, this is picture perfect. I'm up here and you're like, hey, maybe you should be down here for a little bit.
Speaker 1: I might know.
Speaker 3: Fuck that, I gotta stay up here. Eventually, I'm going to end up where you are telling me to be. But not right now. Yeah, not yet. I'm just saying I have because Illinois stuff stuff ball club in Michigan State.
Speaker 4: Dude, it's not a gimme. I mean, Illinois.
Speaker 3: We had Oregon November second, which I might be taking win too. Yeah, that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: What's that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But Michigan State is garbage.
Speaker 3: Bro G, you didn't have the mic. He said, Michigan State look trash against organ. Yeah, Michigan State is fucking garbage. But I'm just saying, dude, we've got a chance. We've got a puncher's chance. Well you got a chance.
Speaker 4: Who uh? With the way college football kind of ended up over the weekend, who do we think is the favorite now in the SEC?
Speaker 1: Outside of Texas?
Speaker 3: It's hard to say it's not Vandy, right, Vandy's going big game hunting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: They are African Safari dude, Yeah, cool hats, fifty caliber rifles and they just took down a big bully.
Speaker 6: I think you would think it would be it's still the same three teams, probably Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee because it was a brutal loss. But I personally even high on Arkansas all year. Sam Pittman, he's got it together. Bobby Petrino is so elite, and I feel like it was never that big of news that he went back to Arkansas and he's doing this. I think this is his first year back with them, and he's already got them rolling, and it's like, that's a Arkansas next year. I think it's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: Are they a young team? I guess yeah, young.
Speaker 6: As far as young in their culture because they got it. They got an athletic quarterback right now. But he makes so many mistakes. But yeah, Taylor Green, Taylor Green because he transferred to Yeah. But so I don't think that's like a horrible loss for Tennessee, And ultimately it's probably gonna come down to Alabama Tennessee in a couple of weeks, barring South Carolina somehow takes down a pissed off Alabama team next weekend.
Speaker 4: What happened with South Carolina?
Speaker 6: Man similar to Michigan. You we spot him fourteen points in like three minutes. The crowd was out of it immediately. The the defense played fine after those fourteen points. We just gave them a short field so many times.
Speaker 4: Dylan Stewart just unloading.
Speaker 6: The flip And did you see Jackson darts chirp back? No, how you fire one hundred rounds and not hit once?
Speaker 1: Oh whole lot of shots.
Speaker 4: What's up with these kids doing the gun celebrations? D m V dog But legit though, there there was a there was another one where I want to say, I want to say somebody like lifted lifted their shirt up like they had one, like they had one strapped to him. Like I don't feel like that was happening. Show your age, will But.
Speaker 1: I'm saying I'm with you.
Speaker 6: But I like this year thing because I'm crazy one of the receivers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it did. There was in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one player did in.
Speaker 4: The NFL and he got it was for the Packers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone got fight. Yeah, no one. Dude was like on the sideline.
Speaker 6: Personally, I loved it. I was because I was watching it happen and I was standing. I saw him pull the trigger and I turned around, I saw the flag and he's o mistandswer behind me.
Speaker 1: I said, that was sick though.
Speaker 6: I mean he did. Stir did go crazy. Four tackles for a loss in a sack. So he did his thing. But the offense, we have no identity which falls on one person and it's not a player, and it's not our head coach and it's not our DC. You can connect the dots.
Speaker 1: On who's last coach?
Speaker 6: Yeah, over of Weno.
Speaker 4: Yeah, another bad OC because it seems like the oct you guys used to have is doing.
Speaker 1: It all right.
Speaker 6: And Lincoln they had demoted him.
Speaker 4: Oh did they really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? He's not like y'all's O c Rule calls it right.
Speaker 6: I think you'll have another Gadfield is a quarterbacks coach. Yeah, but he's also like a he's not calling plays.
Speaker 1: I think he is.
Speaker 6: I'd be willing to put some money on this one.
Speaker 4: Look it up.
Speaker 6: Actually, the way y'all played the last two weeks on offense, maybe.
Speaker 4: No, we just Dylant. He missed a couple of throws, but he's a rookie. You look, you can't have two block punks. He do you see Dylan's brother. You can't have two block punchs. Hey you see Dylan's brother. Yeah, he's committed to committed in Nebraska. Looks like Jackson Mahomes. I see all the headlines. But we got we got a little brother. We got a little brother that's a ballplayer. No broken wrist stuff over here. We got a family of athletes coming into the NFL.
Speaker 3: Bro, Nebraska might be nice for the next six years, could.
Speaker 4: Be you know, I don't know. I did see.
Speaker 1: That's Rola.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw he threw a bomb in his high school game. Yes, dude, that was a beautiful lefty too.
Speaker 6: Well, you are right, by the way, he's a tight ends coach and O and then it looks like Glenn Thomas's co offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 4: I do. I think it's a OC by committee type of deal. I feel like that's always a tough gig. What the committee thing? Yeah, whether it's coaches or players, I don't like it. I don't like it. The only place that works is.
Speaker 1: Running back running committee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this kid. What's what's Dylan's brother's name?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What day?
Speaker 3: Dating Dylan and Dayton?
Speaker 4: Okay, date, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 4: How are you feeling after Tennessee dropped one against Arkansas?
Speaker 5: It's tough, man, you know. You just have these high expectations and you don't think you're gonna drop one to an unranked SEC opponent. Luckily it's a West team, but still they controlled the ball the whole game, even though it was only three to zero at half, and then we were up fourteen to three, and then I think our last five series we got shut out, and then I think it was the first time we saw Nico make a young quarterback air the very last play of the game. It's fourth and eight or something, time expires and he runs it. It's like, who cares if you even throw it? And they pick it off, it's game over regardless. So that seemed like the first kind of all Right, he's young and still trying to learn what these big play moments can be, so that I think that is probably where a lot of our fan base saw, like, ah, he's maybe not quite the elite quarterback that we wanted to be at this moment. I still think he's an unbelievable talent and we'll continue to learn. And I'm sure he was just as upset as anybody else would have been. But yeah, it's tough. I thought, for once, because the Titans had the bye week, I was like, I'm gonna have stress free football weekend. And I have this theory whenever, whenever the Titans win, the Balls will lose, and vice versa. When the Balls win, the Titans lose. And I forgot Titans played on that Monday night game and what they do. They won, so I should have known that the Balls were gonna come back and fuck my shit up.
Speaker 1: All weekend.
Speaker 5: I didn't watch one snap of NFL football. Yesterday, I watched three movies in my room by myself, kind of got back to the basics, try to back and it was great spooky, uh yeah, but not like a traditional I forget this was the thriller that.
Speaker 4: I watched the Arkansas tennis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would have been the spook. Would just be watching the replay of that. But we've got a big game come up this weekend. Uh, Florida comes to Knoxville. And even though Florida is in a row for you guys, yeah Arkansas. Oh yeah, yeah, you're saying starting this week, absolutely, and Florida's been you know, abysmal this year. But when it comes to rivalry, you threw everything out the windows, right, and it's yeah, and Florida they have the opportunity to end our season before we even get to Alabama. And I know that that would be like them getting a like their season. That would be a full win for them. It doesn't matter if they don't win another regular by ruining our season. We opened up as a twenty and a half point favor last week, which scares me. I do think we can handle it because historically the balls are so bad in the Swamp, but it's a different story typically when they come Knoxville, so it's a seven pm game. Again, we have yet to have a game that's We had night games every single game this year, so I don't know. And we and we are a franchise that's been noon games, noon games. Like my first two years at Tennessee, I think we had one night game for the first two years I was there, so it was always noon kickoff. So I'm a little nervous, but it's always fun. Florida and Tennessee is such a fun matchup and it's it's really gritty, hard nos football. But if we drop that game, yeah, next week I will be I'll be.
Speaker 1: Really you want to hear my theory, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The curse of you not buying back into the trees are whispering that the curse is leaked over into college football. Jack McPherson controls a little bit of what's happening.
Speaker 5: I think I want you to admit that you want me dead, you want me to kill myself. I just want you to say it.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't don't.
Speaker 4: Maybe this we obviously don't want you to kill yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't, But you sold.
Speaker 4: You said you would kill yourself a maliki and that was hilarious in the moment, and then when it came real the chickens came home to roost, it was kind of like, hey, would like for you to kill yourself?
Speaker 1: What do you want me to do myself?
Speaker 5: Like get close to death, like get like.
Speaker 3: Take it back, take it back to middle school horizontal cuts. If we posty brainstorm, quick brainstorm of what you could do to get.
Speaker 5: The jujuar gonna say, if we keep posting clips about suicide, eventually people will not think it's funny.
Speaker 3: I understand that, But until then, we'll keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Jack, what's gonna happen if you guys lose the Florida this week?
Speaker 4: I mean, you gotta at least think about it, like, Okay, I gotta I gotta pay the gods something. Maybe if you Yeah, if you lose the If you lose the Florida this week, you should shave your stash in the head.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna do both. I would do the mustache. WHOA really, what if you lose the Floorida this week? Shave your head? No, I'm not shaving my head.
Speaker 3: No, we're not talking about if they lose to somebody. He's gotta right or wrong now, Sock.
Speaker 4: I agree. I don't want the curse this. I don't want the curse to live. I hate living in this world. I truly do. Yeah, we don't want you guys to lose. I want you guys to win this week. I want who's Alabama play suck. I would like for it to be one lost teams when we go to Tennessee. But Jack, I'm saying, I don't want. I. I just don't want the curse to leak in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, neither do I.
Speaker 5: I don't know how we we've swapped from NFL to college. I feel like there's got to be a line in the sand. Like I was prepared for the Titans to just be horrible because of me because I had the vault.
Speaker 4: And then they won and you're like, Okay, maybe that stuff isn't real.
Speaker 5: And then it leaked over in my theory where that Tennessee valls and the Titans can't win them the same weekend.
Speaker 1: Ever, I feel all right, So what I'm just raising just so we can put this to bed? What is it going to be?
Speaker 5: Because I'm willing to do something. I don't know if I want to shave my head if we lose, I would shave my mustache.
Speaker 1: How about this? How about this?
Speaker 4: We'll let people We'll let people leave comments on what Jack should do this week? Yes, and maybe we take We'll choose out of the two most.
Speaker 5: Like the ones, Okay, throup the comments, all right, and none can involve me killing myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're doing. That's off the deal, like you're the one who said that. But we do want that.
Speaker 1: Guys. If we lose to Florida, I will I'm not yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Give me a call if we lose the Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know where we go from here?
Speaker 4: Where we go from here?
Speaker 1: Where? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Should we go? Should we read it?
Speaker 1: Should we read an ad? Should we do an ad? Read? Body arm?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Body Armor.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by body Armor. Sport water, the alkaline water that provides real hydration with electrolytes for taste. Everybody's always drinking it around the office, around the shop, the sports drink, the Zero Sugar, and even the Flash IV. After a long weekend, Jack, we can't get enough of body Armor. The sport water, in my opinion, is the best sport water on the market, Head on over to your local seven to eleven and get your body armor, sport water today. Stay hydrated this weekend, Jack a JP when you go over to his house to make sure he doesn't do anything so he doesn't harm himself, bring flash ivs. We'll get him right.
Speaker 1: NFL.
Speaker 3: NFL first game of the year played in London.
Speaker 1: Yes, Vikings, bro, I've been on the Vikings for a few weeks now you have.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was like the Niners game. What was that Week two? Week three? Yeah, but the Vikings are for real.
Speaker 1: Man, I know.
Speaker 3: And the cool thing is, obviously everyone's been talking about Sam Donald and how he's been able to throw it all over the yard, but this is the week like they came out and they scored fairly quickly and went up on the Jets big time. But after that the offense was kind of non existent. The Jets really started to figure themselves out. That defense is unreal. And Baldy you ever watched his clips, He's always breaking down the offitsive line clips. He showed the New York Jets doing a basic open side inside zone play and there's a Baker blitz which for those of you listening Bakers when the linebacker will go through the B gap. You hear Baker, I believe it's acts for a gap.
Speaker 4: Change of wardings, but yeah, you're going through.
Speaker 3: So basically what happens in that situation is the two d tackles will slant away from the blitz and just watching the Jets offensive line, dude do a horrible job of picking that up. The left guard buries his face into the defensive tackle and doesn't get out of it, and then they just get a TfL. The Minnesota Vikings are playing on all cylinders right now.
Speaker 4: They are crushing in that pick six. Impressive right, just dropping out last second now going into that too, like uh Flores, I think him and he's only played against Aaron once and he's on one against Aaron, but he's always got something dialed.
Speaker 3: Up, right And Aaron obviously when you're watching the uh the TV copy you you hear the commentators, we're talking, Hey, Aaron, he's gonna be forty one in a couple of months, Like this is kind of what he is now. He can't get away as much as possible. He rolls his ankle during the game, and so it's like and man battle line play is terrible.
Speaker 4: Online coach, that's Keith still still Keith Card Now I'm my my Twitter's kind of I got some people commenting, we don't have to go any further than what Taylor I wanna set already. Yeah, like it's been out there for quite a minute. A minute and the players, Yeah, and you're you're missing like your best I mean, I don't know the aster room talked about him, but arguably your best whole lineman and Morgan Moses he's been out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Timon Smith is their left tackle aged a Yeah, hat has has a history of injuries, but still like a Hall of Fame tackle.
Speaker 4: They've got do.
Speaker 3: They've just got to figure out a way to just just block as a unit. It's always just one guy and no one clip I talked about with Baldy.
Speaker 4: It's like this.
Speaker 3: The the left guard needs to know when you're when you're singling to that backer that runs to the B gap. Once you see the defense tackle, you need to plan off that right leg and know that something's coming, something is coming that you need to You're gonna have to block. So it's a reaction thing you just have. You can't be burying your face and blocks like that.
Speaker 4: You like that, Yeah, And I love the Baldi breakdowns, like the Baldie breakdowns, or it's where you want to close the curtains, get out the lotion and just have excited abouteuse.
Speaker 1: He just loves football, I know.
Speaker 3: And the thing too, is like the play he was showing, it's like the most basic. It's you run that play in high school. There's not most there's not a bunch of gadgets going on around it. It's truly like it literally would be called fourteen Wanda or fifteen wanda. It's a left side play. It's open side. You have your basic blocking scheams. You can only run it versus certain numbers. You have the box, you have the look, the safeties are far away. You don't have too many guys.
Speaker 4: It's a count game.
Speaker 3: And so center and guard are gonna go to the front side backer. And then they had a two I and then a head up six technique on the tight end or I'm sorry, a five technique.
Speaker 4: And when Taylor's talking to you're talking inside shade of the guard, inside shade the tackle.
Speaker 3: So in that situation, the hard the hard block is for the tackle on the opposite side. The right tackle because he has to he's in a C block to the other backer who's not blitzing. Once he sees that defensive end go away, he now needs to find himself into the B gap to help the guard to get up to that linebacker. So it's all it's a reaction game. And sometimes people love speed off the ball, people love like a low pad level and all those things with offensive line, but and those type of situations, it's like you need to have a reaction step and then figure out where were going and then put put some power behind it. But it's just they're burying their face, they're bearing their face. It feels like just grabbing the soap a little too hard.
Speaker 1: You know, grabbing the bird a little too hard to kill the bird. So it's it's interesting, that is not the blitz.
Speaker 4: That is not the blae exchange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, scrape exchange, which is also a very Hey that's a nice basic blitz to stop the run. Yeah, I mean that is essentially the play. No, it's not the play because that's a that's a that's a that's a three four. So it's different, but it's not that big of a deal anyway. Long story short vikings look great, Vikings look good and and Jets. Jets aren't having a hard time with their blocking concepts on on on simple things, which is which is tough.
Speaker 4: And I don't blame it. I don't blame the players. It doesn't look good for the Jets.
Speaker 6: Dude, quick Stefan Gilmour, he had that pick at the end of the game. He's had an interception on Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.
Speaker 4: I mean, thirty four years old Gilmour is that's awesome. One of the best corners to do it. I feel like he's kind of like gone away a little bit too.
Speaker 6: Like he had yeah, because he was like Panthers Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Because he had the defensive the year for the Colts, right for the Patriots, for the.
Speaker 3: Patriots right then he went to the Colts. From there, then he was the Panthers and it was all over the place. So he had a couple of years in hiding and now he's he's still showing up, showing that he's him.
Speaker 4: I love that. Yeah, that's crazy. Could you imagine another contender in the NFC the Commanders, Bro, Bro, you were you called it? When are they going to figure? When are they going to figure out Jaden Daniels. I mean, yeah, defense played a good game. Now, if you bring up their schedule, they haven't like played anybody that tough yet, so it'll be I know it. But all I was going to say to that is even when you're like, you're playing these these teams now Bengals arguably in the dumps, uh, the brown with Burrow throwing five touchdowns. I know, I know, I'm saying at that time where they kind of they kind of squeaked out a win at Sincy and then they go and demolish the Cardinals. They demolished the Browns. Like they're handling teams that are perceived to be not that good this year. They're handling their business. So even if you want to chalk it up to hey, they kind of have a week schedule right now, which again, it is the National Football League. Anything can happen. But man, you've got a rookie quarterback that's dialed in like that and firing on all cylinders. You're kind of the question, I guess is like when's he going to hit the rookie wall because he's having just I mean, he's having it like a a career year, in his first year in the league. It's crazy, it really is. Yea and everybody in the district right now, I know has fired the fuck up massive game this weekend against the Ravens. The Ravens had a dicey one against the Bengals over the weekend. Joe Burrow, he did. He threw for five five tuddies. We got to get or Lamar, I mean Lamar. You saw that play at the end of the game of Lamar where he's escaping in through that tuddy. I know that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that fumble that he had. Well play is this? Can I see that play?
Speaker 1: Which one the fumble?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, they were going, they were they were going, they were in ot and they were I always say drive and they had the ball. They're driving and Lamar has a you know, has a mistake, fumbles the ball. Bengals get it in Raven's territory. They can't really move it. They're trying to run the ball a little bit. Miss a field goal, yeah, bad snap, miss the field goal. This one right here, bad snap to Lamar. Laurn's a fumbling it just brewed. Yeah, yeah, my fault.
Speaker 1: Bad bad exchange.
Speaker 4: He kind of takes his eyes to the defense right before, for whatever reason, lose his focus drops the ball. Bengals get it in enemy territory. It's like it almost seems like McPherson like he's gonna be able to knock this one in no problem. They have a bad uh uh center holder exchange for the for the field goal. They missed the field goal and freaking uh Darry buss Off. How long was that run? Fifty seven yard? Or bro still got him? Man? Yeah, still fucking got it. The King got a hundred, ten thousand yards and pass with Derrick Henry ten thousand yards and one hundred touchdowns. Like I want to say, he's seventh on the old time list right now in one hundred and twenty five games. Like he's he I mean, he's a legend, He's a Leegend's gonna be All of Famer.
Speaker 1: He's up.
Speaker 4: He was before this season started. Yeah, now you kind of cement it like when you're hitting the when you're hitting the things like the milestones like ten thousand yards, one hundred touchdowns, and he's looking the way he does with these big runs and kind of pulling away from guys. Yeah, it's cool to see it's also gonna see Derek Havan' success.
Speaker 1: With the Red.
Speaker 3: It is man and you just want him to just keep it going for as long as possible. Can't you get eleven thousand how many how many guys have eleven thousand yards?
Speaker 1: Like four or five? Uh two? People are okay? Four or five?
Speaker 3: Sherman is now switched up to four or five. It's it's just awesome to see man, to see his success. It's I did not think it would come this quick with the Ravens. I thought they're gonna have a more difficult time figuring out a way for him to.
Speaker 1: Okay, And there's.
Speaker 3: Twenty one guys eleven thousand yards five four or five?
Speaker 4: Four or five.
Speaker 3: Did you see Stefan Diggs give the side eye to Josh Allen after the game?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I did. To me, there's a part of me too that thinks people are really looking into it. I think they they don't have like the greatest relationship. And they just kind of congratulated each other after the game, and somebody just got that still shot of him kind of coming out of it. Yeah, it's still fun to look at it.
Speaker 1: It's still fun to.
Speaker 4: Down a little bit. Yeah, Yeah, it's still fun to live in that world that he's like pissed off that he just had to tap him up, Like yeah, bitch, all right, bitch. I feel like, hey, good game.
Speaker 3: I think Josh has handled it well. You see the press conferences and there's a couple of things they took quotes and they kind of ran with it a little too much, lost possession.
Speaker 4: I was, I was bouncing back between that game was going on. You had the Colts game going on. That one was close.
Speaker 6: Josh's stat line was insanely bad. It's like nine for thirty.
Speaker 1: The Yikes got knocked out.
Speaker 4: He had knocked out in the game.
Speaker 3: Someone was telling me that earlier that he was like literally stiff on the ground for a second and they put him back in.
Speaker 4: He hit some of the smelling salts and was like, oh yeah, you get them salts. You know, Josh Like, if they put him back in, it's not because they're like you seem good to go ahead and go back in, you know Josh's and they're like, hey, I'm fucking fine, like going back in.
Speaker 3: This just a wyoming boy, dude, a kid that just all grit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all grit, trying to bring farmers back to life, fighting for the agriculture, no doubt. Yeah, fighting for it. And yeah that's like that's one of those gray areas that people argue like the team's gotta save him from himself, and you'll you'll hear all that, but ultimately, you know, Josh was like, hey, I'm fine, I'm good to go. I'm passing all the tests, like get me back out in the game.
Speaker 3: Nico that that ball on CJ. Stroud had to Nico collins Man. CJ really has touch on the ball like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, CJ. Yeah, I hated that Nico went out too with the hamstring injury. I got him on my fantasy team.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, how's your face? Your fantasy team sounds like it's in a blender.
Speaker 4: It was I now I've popped out a couple wins. Now, I just I just beat the ship out of Coop in our fantasy Nice.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: No, I'm four and one.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to do whatever punishment y'all want.
Speaker 4: That's the problem was the season gets going. These the losers like myself, I'm thinking.
Speaker 6: Like I thought it was dye your hair blonde.
Speaker 4: I'll die my fucking hair blonde. I'm not gonna I know this, I'm not gonna get last. I've been trying to work the waiver wire.
Speaker 3: Hey, looky, I feel like it would take like four guys to also do it with me.
Speaker 4: Just to die my hair blonde. You've been wanting to dye your hair blonde.
Speaker 1: I've kind of wanted to. I've always kind of wanted to dye my hair, but never have done it.
Speaker 4: You like made like a like a brochure or a book of blonde hairstyles, right that you did?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Miss Tanna?
Speaker 3: Oh, Miss Tanna probably did because I was telling her that that silver look is kind of cool. But then she was telling me all the processes of Miss Tanna, my mother in law.
Speaker 4: She did hair.
Speaker 3: She was like a Salon Salon easta Salon Easter Salona body who.
Speaker 6: Used to have their die hair, hair dyed blow on. Max Crosby. You what you're saying to bow Nicks? Yeah, no, bro, both bo Nicks was calling something that though I heard I saw that clip.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it's like you're not talking loud enough.
Speaker 6: He's like, speak up, bro, they don't know ship. And then bo Nicks and Sean Payton had a little.
Speaker 1: Oh theyd dye his hair not bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's way too pale to go blonde like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Max is way too pale to go blonde like that.
Speaker 4: I love Max. I love Max, Love him to death.
Speaker 6: He's bawling though, he's he's kinda he's kind of he's playing, he's.
Speaker 4: Got he's balding. I was like, oh, Ship, for real, he's kind of you, but he kind of he's kind of cutting up. It's not like he's all blonde. He's kind of trimmed it. Like we got the insanct justin Timberlake. Look up right now. I used to rock that look back in middle school. The blonde tips up top, Yeah, frost frost boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had that in elementary school. My mom always had me with the Caesar cut and the frost tips at the front.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get out the hair, the little thing on then you pull your hair through.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: No Ship thirty forty five minutes then I had that was real corner rows. Like I'd never be able to pull that off, would you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yes you could?
Speaker 4: No, bro, you did it? Yeah that looks insane. I used I used to rock the corner rolls on like two K when I create a player for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you never did a trip with your family to Mexico and like we're on the beach and got it done real quick.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, our family never went to Mexico. Our our our vacations. We were at the BoNT Pond. Yeah, I ain't going my first vacation until I was like an adult for real. Yeah, yeah, we were never able to do family vacations. Man, shout out the grind of the yeah. Or it would be like, you know, baseball tournaments on the weekends type of thing. Yeah, that would kind of be the fun you get try to get the hotel people to leave the pool open a little bit later. As a young buck, we'd be throwing in. You'd be throwing in all the chairs and stuff. Let it sink at the bottom for real. Yeah, we want state one year and they left it open for us all night long. But you won state in baseball?
Speaker 1: Yeah in baseball?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you never won in football. Well, no, it's just our JFL is just our little community. You have six games a year, oh for real? Yeah, yeah, we hoisted the trophy a couple of times. Heisman Winter no ship, Yeah, well you really were him? I mean yeah, I was nice as a as a young kid. I mean in football. I can't imagine community center. You didn't play football until high school, right.
Speaker 1: I played one year in third grade that was a corner locked down.
Speaker 6: I was a kid.
Speaker 1: I was a kid in third grade.
Speaker 4: Bro, that's you know good, Just put him at corner out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was literally just fast. I would I would be the kid that like everyone's taking.
Speaker 4: It real serious.
Speaker 3: But I was like picking the grass on the ground, like sitting criscross applesaus is a place going on.
Speaker 1: My dad be like, yo, Taylor, yeah you want to know why you're at corner. Yeah. That next year I played quarterback. You were nice.
Speaker 3: I quit before this and started. We did we did a tackling drill. We have to run straight and then they have like ticket, it's an angle drill. And then kids were getting tackled and I was like, fuck this that looks terrible. I got too scared. I was so scared of contact. Yeah, the ale tackle drill terrified.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: Even baseball, same thing, Like anytime I pitch can be like remotely close step outside the box.
Speaker 6: This is random, But I love those videos when of youth football practice, when the moms tackle there.
Speaker 1: Dude, yea, I saw that the Oklahoma drill with that kid.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of kids are laying their moms out and vice versa versa.
Speaker 6: You can tell the moms that have a bad kid. They're like they lined up.
Speaker 4: I wish my mom would have tried that shit. Due I would have buried her, probably not for five minutes and be like, yeah, so I saw the clip where the kid beat his mom and he just started gridding no ship, yeah, no, oh.
Speaker 1: His ass. I mean we knew what was gonna happen before that one even started.
Speaker 4: That's just the area you just don't get anymore. Man, that's the bowl in the ring aer right there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, d emasculating. I mean, these moms are even moving in time.
Speaker 4: So this drill right here, they line this drill up, and just I would get to go against the kids who they wanted to quit. Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: Imagine you separate a defensive here offense over here, and kids are doing the one, two, three wheels right there, and may you go ahead, Yeah, you go ahead. Just let everybody try not to match up.
Speaker 4: My coach would be like, all right, wheel's up, and then he pointed to somebody like Coop and be like Coop, you're up. Maybe try to get him to quit.
Speaker 1: They would say that to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but I was so brainwashed, like we I had the little sea on my chest as a young buck, and if you had to see on your chest, you were allowed to just take off at any moment. Oh, hang on on a kid, if they're just walking back to line, like I would just get to go and sprint and just level the kid without him looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Ball team did that in high school. Yes, our best player would just lay people out that were walking. It was like they did not deserve that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, itzynuts, I've never even heard of that walking back.
Speaker 4: I could take off at any moment, just go lay somebody out. How often did you do it? I would do it as much as possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody, Now, if you started running and they saw you coming, they started running, would you stop?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean I would keep going till the job's done.
Speaker 3: The job Yeah, Will is a fucking menace of authority, got drunk with power.
Speaker 4: I would have hated you. I would have hated you. I mean, imagine bulling the ring. Just you'd have somebody standing in the middle and people get pointed out.
Speaker 6: Did you ever go and like in the Oklahoma drew where they're like hey will and then somebody got.
Speaker 4: Really no, I mean I was, I was than everybody.
Speaker 3: What about Nebraska? Like those here was probably like a Nebraska drill, which was the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think I lost to a full back and like an Oklahoma drill like that to where you're on the board, but nothing like that.
Speaker 3: Is to me, the dumbest drill to have a board in between both of your feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We used to do that in like three point stances with the defensive linemen and it would be like I'd be in a defensive line stance just like this is doing nothing, but you gotta win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 4: The adrenaline nerves and everything that you have when you're just in front of the entire team going one on one bro something like that.
Speaker 3: My freshman year of college, there was a walk on guy, Eric Gunderson. He was three hundred and forty pounds and I was two fifty. He were both freshmen. They did the board drill and he and I went and he just walked me back and they're like again because it was like one of those things where they're probably trying to get me to do well. So this kid would quit type of thing, and then maybe dude three times. On the third time, his helmet came off and.
Speaker 4: I swung on him.
Speaker 3: I swaw, dude, I hit him like right here, like kind of hit his nose and his cheek and he gets hit and slowly just looks back at me. I'm like, oh my god, this is gonna fucking kill me. Later, I like go up to apologize to him, and I'm like, hey, you get one free bee on me before like this is all done between us. So my senior year, we were literally roommates in our house and it's like, I think right before the season started and there's like we're having a party at the house and you know, well, your boy was kind of on back.
Speaker 4: Then, right, so I like, see Dunnison, he's.
Speaker 3: Got a bunch of heal And we were joking about like as we like became seniors, it was like, hey, brother, you only have a couple more months. And I was like, you know, I could have left my junior year. He was like I was thought it was a man around here, and I'm like, guandhy you can you can anytime you wanted.
Speaker 4: You get a free when you get a free one.
Speaker 3: So that night at the house, you know, I'm doing my extracurriculars, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Gandy, it's time.
Speaker 1: It's time. He fucking smokes me.
Speaker 3: Bro It hurts so bad, but I luckily, luckily he didn't sleep me luckily.
Speaker 1: But it hurts so bad. Four years, four years, any like.
Speaker 4: We obviously made up. We were boys, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: What a rollercoaster?
Speaker 4: You know what else? A roller coaster, dude. The NFL season. The NFL season is moving right along, and it promises to be a mouthful of tricks, treats, and of course, touchdowns. And Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Running it in from from the one or an eighty yard bomb. We don't care how they score. We want to bet on them. DraftKings hurt us and is delivering. If you're ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player to score touchdowns. Go to the DraftKings sports Book app and make your pick. Here's a reason for new customers to do a touchdown dance of their own. When you bet five dollars, you get two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly. Yes, that promo that they show before every NFL game on primetime. You bet five dollars and you get two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly. Score big with the Draftking Sports Book, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the app. Use code bust that's code bus b u s for new customers to get a to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours. Great work, It's been a fun pot. I'm excited. Has counter texting? Is he getting close to land? For those of you who are going to be in Oregon this weekend, the boys will be Ohio State at Oregon.
Speaker 1: Do we know what we're gonna be g I think I'm so excited for this one.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be at Rennie's Landing, Landing.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be popping in twelve pm.
Speaker 4: On Saturday on Saturday. Ready for this night game. I mean it is gonna be maybe the biggest game they've hosted two verse three versus a massive one. Big ten implications on the line like this could be like the Who's Who of the Big Ten.
Speaker 1: Let's go Ducks. Yeah, oh yeah, let's go. It's gonna be wild. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, we will be getting their Friday. We will be gaining their Friday. If you could tell us, please what haunted house we should go to near Eugene. The boys are gonna go to a haunted house keeping this spooktober vibes alive. It's gonna be incredible, the Spooktober.
Speaker 4: I feel like we've we've gotten off to an incredible start, the best, starting with the boy's history.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And for those who are wanting to embrace the Spook, we do have merch. Spootober merch. This is my favorite shirt. Spooky season got the orange, you got the you got the uh you know if you're Spootober debts. The brain is a hard one there. The amster died on the wheel.
Speaker 3: We got that, dude. We need to make hats like this too, Yeah, just saying tried hats.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't let us make hats. What Yeah, but if people can embrace the spook and call for hats and.
Speaker 1: We do whatever we want, we do whatever we want to drop a hat in the chat everyone has.
Speaker 4: As everyone has a master. Yeah, but it's been awesome. We we we went to a pumpkin patch. We went to Gentry's farm. No for shout outs to Gentry's Farm.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, like crazy time to do that with how hot it was.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: The thought process was, ultimately, we're gonna be gone the next couple of weeks because we got Oregon and then we're going to the Tennessee game. So we would have been waiting till the end of the month to do it. So we just went ahead and made the call. I mean, Charlie had the call. She's pregnant. I'm kind of like lean on her, Hey, if you want to go do this because I told her, I'm like, it is still fucking hot. Yeah, thank god it is not anymore. The weather has finally been to our will and it feels like it's October. But yeah, you're right, like it was mid eighties, miserable, sweaty, but it was fun. We had a great time. There's a lot of shade rude played on all the playground stuff. We went on a little hay ride. We bought pumpkins. Our stairs now outside our porch is just decorated with pumpkins like the Compton family. You'd be proud of your boy. I love that the whole family is embracing the spook. That fires me up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. Just and literally JP showed me right outside his door. One stole a pumpkin. That's all you need is add just something that reminds you that.
Speaker 3: Oh, these people are appreciating the holiday season. Yeah, it doesn't have to be created. Like my house is ridiculous. It makes no sense.
Speaker 4: We have that many decorations.
Speaker 1: You could charge for tickets at your house. You dropped me off on Thursday. You said the same.
Speaker 4: Look at all the pumpkins going up in the trees and everything else, the scenes that are laid out, with all the skeletons.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you need to charge tickets in this place. I know I relate this.
Speaker 3: My one goal is to when my kids describe me when I'm gone, is that their dad took holidays way too serious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that should be on your gravestone. Calladay is way too serious. Love spoot over, love spoot over, especially spoot over. But yeah, man, Also, do you want to tell about the fan calling for locker room? Yeah, we'd love to talk about the fan calling. We have a special guest parlay call in this week. Amanda Vance. That's the the blonde. That's what a man is not not walking back. This is Mason Rudolph who DMed her during the game. Apparently found a way to DM or maybe I think so? How wild would that be? Just a halftime DM bios number one handicapper in the game. You love her Instagram, go check her out. But she's gonna be doing the fan calling this week for the Locker Room. If you want to submit and have a che it's an opportunity to be featured on the Locker Room. You take a video, you build your favorite parlay. Again, we've had some good callings. You build your favorite parlay and you submit your video to info at BUSINWTV dot com. But we have a special calling this week.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for this weekend, dude, I know it's gonna be amazing. We got a big guest we're doing on Thursday at Chicago, then after that right to Oregon next week. Two boys to Nashville. Boys are getting after it, Alabama versus Tennessee. It's gonna be a great time. And Jelly Roll's album drops yes Friday. Yeah, let give a round of applause for Jilly Roll Hume, the Boy, the Hommie.
Speaker 1: His biggest one yet.
Speaker 4: I think he's I saw him tweet It's the most music he's ever put out. That's awesome. He's really and he's been on a bunch of features that has just been killing it over and over and over again. Everywhere you go, everywhere you turn, when you turn on the TV.
Speaker 3: You're usually seeing Jilly Roll's face. He is taking this moment and he's making the most out of it. Could be more happy for Jolly Roll.
Speaker 1: He had a Yeah, he had a picture your boy too, who's that Travis Barker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with ip Astrona for a second, but that and that didn't hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were doing backflips together.
Speaker 3: No shit, dude, with all your find Now he's with MGK, Travis Barker. Now like the photo MGK, Travis Barker and Jelly it's crazy he didn't face I mean that. Yeah, he should have facetied me for that, because that is that's the music I love right there. Yeah, all on one photo. I am all about everything there. By the way, Travis Barker skin routine like.
Speaker 1: The kids age.
Speaker 4: Good for him? Yeah, incredible. All right, boys, our Halloween, our Halloween episode leave. We're trying to figure out what we're gonna be wearing on the show for the Halloween episode. We would love to give you guys the power to tell us in the comments what you would like us to dress up as for Halloween, and that's what Taylor and I will do. I don't know if it's gonna be the most like comment or the most like comments or whatever, but either way, help us figure out what are attires gonna be, what costume we're gonna wear, and the boy will be representing on the Halloween episode.
Speaker 1: Hamster died and that's it, dude.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the Connor Stallions. He's going to be here in about twenty minutes. We'll knock that out. I hope you guys love the episode. Enjoy it, big hugs, tiny kisses. But before we get into that episode, let's talk about a little something and that it's called game Time.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Football season is here and we can't wait to get out some games this fall. With the help of game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports, you know how much we love game time and now with their new with their brand new game Time Picks feature, they are making it even easier to get to a game. Game Time Picks filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals on great seats, so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets literally upcoming upcoming events boys, Oregon, Ohio State, you want to go to that game? If they're not sold already, You're gonna hit that game Time app. It's gonna sift through all the bs for you so you can get the best tickets for the best price. It's incredible. Up your chosen event and turn on the QT pick setting at the top of your screen, or browse the best local game Time Pick Dealer picks deals near you on your game Time app home page.
Speaker 1: So what are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: I've already talked about dude, Oregon versus House State this week. It's gonna be awesome. Download the game Time app today and use code busting to easily score great deals with new game Time Picks.
Speaker 1: What is game time? All right?
Speaker 4: We rolling?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Gets a drill. He knows the drill. Get it close to the mouth, don't be scared. Yeah, uh a little bit.
Speaker 3: We were talking Connor stillience, Let's give a round plus con Science on the bus.
Speaker 4: Michigan man.
Speaker 3: We were talking before about a little little football, a little everything. But let me give you my thought of who you are. Okay, and we can we can go from there because I want to get in your Michigan fandom to start. Every major program has a top five percent of fans that are true psychos when it comes to their program, or how state has it, Michigan has, at Alabama, Georgia, all these Nebraska, all of them have these these crazy fans that live and die with their program. You are one of the five percent that actually made a difference in their program besides cheering on Saturdays. Is that Is that a fair way to put you?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess you.
Speaker 4: Take a lot of pride in that.
Speaker 1: I guess would Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And that wasn't me saying crazy as like a shah or anything like that. It's just like all these big programs have these guys that like love, love Michigan, love Nebraska, like love all those things, and every one of those fans think to themselves, how can I help the school become better. And you literally had the traits and the abilities with your military background and your ability to break down all of these things that you watch in your documentary that you truly were able to help a team. Yeah, we gotta feel amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't remember exactly what game it was, but I remember the first time walking into the Big House through section fourteen at season tickets row row eighty three, see twenty six and twenty seven, walking in probably three four years old, just kind of told myself like, yeah, I'll be I'll be down there one day.
Speaker 3: No way, and just kind of figured out your thing.
Speaker 1: I did with that end, stay mind.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited that you're on because again, like I, we got to play, We got to play at our schools, and there comes a time for everybody where that you have to retire, whether it's in middle school, high school, college, NFL, whoever. If you get to play a long time, that's awesome. But you understanding and figuring out like, Okay, I wasn't able to make it at this D one level. How can I carve out my own path a different route? And I feel like you're somebody who's been able to accomplish that. Yep, is that fair to say?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean that's why, you know, everyone goes to the nail, Okay, I mean to serve their country. But everyone, you know, everyone has a different reason. And I just kind of well, every major successful head coach, legendary head coach you're talking like Bud Wilkinson at Oklahoma, Osborne, John Wooden, Greg Popovich, Coach k Woody, Hayes, bo schen Beckler, all had one thing in county, served in the military four to five years at least. So okay, they got to be onto something right, right. So and this is going through your brain, Well, yeah, this is early high school. I mean I always knew I wanted to coach at Michigan, and then when it came time to you know, okay, what exactly is the route? You know? I applied to me. I applied to two schools, Michigan and the Naval Academy, got accepted the Michigan, got waitlisted at the Naval Academy. So in my mind like okay, whatever, going to mission. And then got the call And it was actually about two weeks before last day of school senior year. I get a call Annapolis Maryland. I mean, I'm I'm in the middle of class. Well I better answer this one. So I answer it and said, whoever it is the Missions and the Naval Academy, do you have a minute. I'm in the middle of class. So I'm like, uh, let me call you back. So I call him back and said, oh, you've been accepted. So they actually they said, but we need a response right now because we've got to let the people behind you know. So in my mind, I just went back to all those coaches and I'm like, well, I guess I gotta do it. And so I said, all right, yep, I'm in. And then I call my parents and they work at the They teach at the middle school right down the road, so they, oh, come over, let's talk about it. So I get there and they're like, so what are you thinking. I'm like, oh, I already told them, yeah no, and then just went from there.
Speaker 4: And you when did you decide you wanted to be like a head coach? Was like your your three years old. You didn't even care to play. You're like, I want to be.
Speaker 1: Uh you know, yeah I played. I played, but like I always so senior year. My dad's the eighth grade. It was the eighth grade football coach. His record against our rivals was like twenty one to zero to one in his career and uh yeah yeah. So I mean I'm still waiting for them to build a statue at scripts middle school. But so my senior year, I didn't play. I just played. I always played basketball. And then I helped coach eighth grade football with him kind of like as de facto defensive coordinator. Yeah, and you know, just kind of went from there, and that was my first actual experience like truly coaching. And then student coach at the Naval Academy. Yeah, what was the action?
Speaker 4: Sorry, so go ahead. I was just to say.
Speaker 3: And then the documentary you kind of you say, you go into the coach's office and you're like, hey, I want to do this, and you're like all right, cool, go down, You're you're in. Was it that simple as far as being having a student coach?
Speaker 1: So I got my foot in the door doing just video, you know, like the you know film and practice and all that games. And so that was freshman year and then spring going into sophomore year. I mean I was always at the football facilities and the director of football apps just asked, you know, hey, you're here all the time, you want to you want to come upstairs and help out. So for about a week or two I was helping out with operations, and then I mean, I was like eighteenth time, didn't know any better. I just walked right into the head coach's office. So, hey, Coachnam, Hey Hunnor, I didn't even know he knew my name. Yeah, and he's awesome, one of the best people I've ever met. And I go, hey, coach, could I a student coach? And he think he stands up, he thinks about it, and he goes up follow me, brings me right into uh coach Shasper, the offensive coordinator's office, and says, hey, coach, here's your new student coach. Oh.
Speaker 4: Thanks, that's it.
Speaker 1: And then from the random any responsibility I had just treated it in my mind like I'm the head coach at Michigan right. Like it's like a psychology, you know, psychological thing where you know, you know, it's vision, like you, when you visualize you are what you're trying to be, then you convince your brain that you are right, and then all your habits are like that. So everything I did, I mean, the first thing I did at Michigan, you know, kind of skipping ahead here, but the first thing, the first assignment I had at Michigan was doing a wind report special teams. Every stadium, you know, every stadium we play in, we need a wind report. Yeah, I said, okay, do you have like a templative one that Yeah, I don't know, I don't know where where we would I've seen one before, but you know, just kind of, you know, start it and then I'll kind of redirect you if it's you know, not what we're thinking. And so all right, so I just became like a weatherman for a month. You're thinking of five days, probably about five days. And I give him this like eighteen page packet and it had like every kickoff, where it landed, and what the wind was that day in every stadium they played in that year, and I think they were like, what the heck is this?
Speaker 4: Like what have we got here? He's like, I'm gonna be the best goddamn weather man they've ever seen it, ever see.
Speaker 1: And then it was the next task, whatever it was, you know, just I'm gonna be the best at whatever it is.
Speaker 4: There's the epitome of giving one hundred and at all times. Yeah. Absolutely, When when did it start to like, you're at the Naval Academy, When did you start to like, how did you create your first opportunity outside of the Naval Academy.
Speaker 1: So sophomore year, spring break, I go to I go back home to Michigan and Coach Arba just got the job and they're doing this coaches clinic and Coach Partris at the time was the recruiting coordinator, so he ran the clinic and I went with some of my high school coaches and my dad, and I think like Mike Martz or someone big was speaking, so all eyes around him, and Mike Mike Martin, Mike.
Speaker 4: Martz, he's like the he was like a head coach for the Rams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he was speaking, all eyes are on him. But I'm just trying to get my foot in the door. So I go down and talk to Coach Partridge and basically it was like, you know, hey, I'm here for a week. This was like Friday night or Saturday morning, like spring break just started, right, so you get the next nine days or whatever. And so I go and introduce myself and tell him, Hey, I'm here on spring break. I'm here for the week. I'd love to help out. You know, told him my name dropped a couple of people that I knew. He knew at Navies as a student coach with them, and you know, he probably thought, one, why the heck are you and Ann Arbor on spring break? Yeah? And then too, you know, military Naval Academy student coaching. Okay, we'll find something for you to do. And yeah, I just ran with it from there. And I think the wind report was that off season that was like the first in my mind, big project I had or whatever. And is there was there? Something?
Speaker 4: Was there? Something too? Leaving after your sophomore year, you know what I mean, because you're obviously taking a you're taking a chance going and diving into this next opportunity with Michigan.
Speaker 1: Well, I was doing both. So I was. I was a student at Navy. I did my four years at the Naval cabin and then my fifth year I was a temporary assigned duty. It's like a grad assistant with the football team because I don't have a post grad school, right, So I student coach. So I wasn't at every single Michigan game. Yeah, during my four years at Navy, because I was at every Navy game. Okay, we had a bye week or spring break or in the summer and I had time to go home or whatever. That's when I would help out. And then when I got so, I graduated in seventeen, go to uh you know, so now I'm a Marine Corps officer. Do maybe five or six months as like a GA with the Navy football team, and then I go do my Marine Corps training and I think the station in California at that point when I'm no longer with Navy football, that's when I was then flying back and forth helping out Michigan. And then I was at like pretty much every game. So that started in like twenty eighteen, and.
Speaker 4: You were helping the coaching staff. Yeah, during that time as well.
Speaker 1: So it started when I was at Camp La June in North Carolina for a few months training and then station in California. So you know, they kind of touched down in the documentary. I would when I was in California, I would live, well, I started, I started sleeping on my couch and I rented out all the rooms in my house to make money and you know, say money to back and forth and all that.
Speaker 8: And and then I realized, well, I live like fifty five minutes north of Camp Pendleton, So why am I driving back and forth just to sleep on my couch.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna sleep in my car. So I slept at the I five South rest stop right outside Camp Pendleton every day for like two years, no shit, yep, every day saved two hours, like an hour driving north, an hour driving south. That's gas, that's everything. You're saving money, you're saving time. So that's two more hours of watching film.
Speaker 4: Dude, I love it. It's like, yeah, it makes sense. But at the same time, very very few people are willing to sacrifice.
Speaker 3: Right, And it's also like people like oh, he was such a big fan of Michigan, like anybody who wants to be successful, Like, these are the kind of sacrifices.
Speaker 4: You should make in the beginning of the game. Yeah, to get these things going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're flying, you're flying back and forth. I'm flying back and forth. So yeah, say I get back from arbor wherever we're playing. And so yeah, Sunday night, get back, lax, drive down, pick up my laundry which I put in over the weekend, and then drive down, stay at the rest up, wake up, you know, five am, whatever, workout on base, work work ends, I'm watching film, go to the rest, stop sleep, do the same thing for you know, four days. And then Friday after work, drive up to my house in Orange County, do my laundry, drive up to lax Fly to take the Red Eyes. There's always a So twenty twenty, twenty nineteen, and twenty twenty one because COVID, you know, I couldn't go to games. So twenty nineteen and twenty twenty one, every single game was off, no sleep.
Speaker 4: No shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, took the Red Eye land wherever we are. It's like sometimes, you know, we'd be playing like Illinois, so I'd have to fly into Indianapolis, rent a car, drive over to Illinois, drive back, and then I would hit the can the City Chiefs game on my way back to my boy. Frank was his first Chiefs and so Frank Clark. Yeah. So my it's at twenty nineteen. We lost Alabama and the Citrus Bowl, and the season ends, and I'm already kind of going to Chiefs games whenever it's convenient. I I'm my flight back and so Michigan football is done now for the season. And so I'm thinking, like, well, what do I do with myself right outside of the Marine Corps? What do I do? So I just started breaking down film for Frank and interesting, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Twenty nineteen, you got the right before two teams that played in the AC Championship that there.
Speaker 1: Were two teams that played in the FC Championship that year.
Speaker 4: And Frank, first off, that's we're doing good so far. He texted me, He's like, have this clip ready because I got a fun store with Taylor for this.
Speaker 1: That's the fun story that you're like, Yeah, You're like, Frank Clark, hold on.
Speaker 4: Go back, Let's break this. We're gonna if we're gonna do this, let's break down now one up time? Can he say what his.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: I want to point out that Frank told me at the ben of game I'm gonna get a sack on you. Right now, it's the fourth quarter of a minute twenty eight, we're down by eleven. He has not had a sack. I don't think he's even had a pressure. So maybe your scouting port wasn't that great.
Speaker 1: But we'll get into this anyway. Can't be with the half spin.
Speaker 3: We see it. We handle it now. I want you to pause it.
Speaker 4: No, no, keep going.
Speaker 3: Now, okay, that is nine yards from the line of scrimmage. We gotta step up, we gotta step up, we gotta step up, right right, boys, you gotta step up in the pocket now Chris Jones can't.
Speaker 1: Step up, So go ahead. What was your scattering report? So so I'm breaking down film.
Speaker 4: I want to hear the break.
Speaker 1: And it was not as detailed for on you as it was the next game in the Super Bowl. But like for example here here is it was very you know, I only I took one day, right, I'm still a Marine Corps.
Speaker 4: Is that it's kind of important on the Titans?
Speaker 1: Or is that that one's on the Titans? The next one slide right? That is the Super Bowl? That was way more detailed, And that was like that was really dialed for that one. I just watched filing. You know, I got the what's the NFL game pass? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the premium two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is your this is your work I do for Frank. Yeah. So so, and that's how I met Frank's agent.
Speaker 4: When Tanehill kills her audibles, if he's under center, thirteen runs to one pass, he's if he's in gun kills or audibles seven pass to one run Yeah.
Speaker 1: Connor.
Speaker 4: The screen Yeah, text that to Connor.
Speaker 1: That is wild.
Speaker 4: So you you're doing this.
Speaker 1: The super Bowl one. So so like I I didn't get into details on your hand placement or foot placement or anything like that, but for the Super Bowl I did. And so I'm up in the nosebleeds at the Super Bowl and I every single play and calling run past to myself out they're about the wrong, They're about the past. And you're from section you know, five fifty two or whatever. Yeah, and you were Frank Oh in the Super Bowl every play, Yeah, you could you could tell off the off their hand place. I mean, did you did you see? Yeah? Let me let me uh look at this one. Who they played in that Super Bowl San France, Sam So it was uh Joe Staley and Michael Glinchy And like you can zoom in on that one, it was one hundred percent get tells. It was one hundred percent tells.
Speaker 3: Foot out, ninety pass, foot in under run, Michael Glinchy three point stance, fourteen and sixteen run foot in five out of five on foot out one all right, pass fifty percent past.
Speaker 4: Three point stance.
Speaker 1: It's dude, this is.
Speaker 4: Terrifying. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: This is hand together.
Speaker 4: Two out of three pass No way, what.
Speaker 1: Was he pull up? Frank flank Clark's stat line. So let me let me say this before. I mean, I already know this. The only person in the history of football to have the game winning or game ceiling sack in every single playoff game from Divisional round to Super Bowl is Frank Clark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the coverage second.
Speaker 1: I mean he's got the clutch gene. Yeah, yeah, I mean, he got paid. He's a he's a he's a dude, Joe Staley.
Speaker 4: When he's in a three point stance, five out of six were run. If his hands are apart, fifteen out of sixteen were a run hands together, it was passed. I mean that's yeah, because are details where everybody kind of finds our edge within the game. Obviously, if you're a genetic specimen to go with it, it makes.
Speaker 1: It that much more difficult, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Okay, So twenty nineteen, where is the Michigan Manifesto at this point?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it alive? Yeah? Here the manfest?
Speaker 4: So take me even last year when when everything was happening. I was like, hey, there's a manifesto, Like even if he's done the matter, I'm sure he knows exactly who talks it about him the entire he's got a manifesto on people that Yes, uh.
Speaker 1: No, I know exactly how that how that leaked. I know exactly who leaked it. I'm not I'm not gonna say, but but when I when I saw and here's here's how I know. Because the article said something about six hundred page Michigan Manifesto. Six hundred pages that was in like twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: How big is it not to be thousands by? Do you have it in like a hard hard copy?
Speaker 1: Now? So that's that's the thing, like an old Testament book. So I have the I have the original like how it started, So this is what happened. So okay, go to the Naval Academy and you know I always go back to those legendary head coaches, right, they all have that that one thing in common military. Right. So my freshman year, I'm like, well, wow, you know this is I'm going to learn a lot, a lot, and I need to have a place to organize everything I learned. I can't let one little thing slip by. And you know a lot of people when they take notes, they take notes whatever, and then it just they just stack notes, and how do you know where to reference? You know, Oh, I remember that one thing I read in that book? What what was that book? It was about? Uh? You know, it was about hiring and firing personnel? What book was it? And then you go through all your notes and it takes you, you know, two weeks before you find the quote or whatever it was that that you're to think of. Yeah, right, So I used the military the way that the military organizes everything as like my foundation for how I'm going to organize my notes. And it started off as a binder and then that got too big, and then I needed something electronically, so it went to a Microsoft word document. And then I realized, well, I need to be able to capture any thought or any idea at any time. I can only do a word document if I have my specific laptop. So then it translated to a Google doc. So now I can do it for my phone from anywhere. I can do it from right now. You give me a great quote, pull up my phone, type it in. It's in the manifesto. I know exactly where it is, So any you have, you could right now mention any thought, any concept of anything, all the way from leadership to the x's and o's of the game to you know, equipment at anything, and I'll be able to a quote or pull something if you had like, hey, what are your thoughts on uh, you know, firing personnel. Well, I have probably fifteen to twenty pages of notes on that, and I know exactly where it is, and it's super organized. It's just notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's notes, but it goes into a Google doc. And then later in the documentary you talk about signs and all that. When did the manifesto evolve into seeing these signs and being to.
Speaker 1: Break down You're talking about just deciphering signals in a game?
Speaker 4: Right, it is a manifesto part of that or these two That was just my That was my first Navy So your first major task was was with j.
Speaker 1: Naval Kate maybe football. So you know, I'm student coaching now and we're a week from game day and I'm like, wait, wait what do I do on game day? Right? And this applies to me at Michigan too, And I started helping out, so like, really in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty one, there's no job description for me because I'm not an employee, right, I'm just volunteering. I'm a volunteer student coach at Navy. And then I was a volunteer assistant at Michigan, So there's no job description. Why would you have a job description for a role that you don't even have? And then you know, I just kind of get my foot in the door and work my way in. So at both places. It started a Navy, I just say, so what do I do on game day? And I forget who it was, but one of the coaches said, well, I don't know, let me look into it. But I remember last year we had a guy he just graduated, who tried deciphering signals, you know, opponent signals in game and I knew nothing about it. You know, I never did that in high school. I don't know, Okay, Okay, So I went in with the steet of paper, a clipboard and a pen and our first game at Ohio State and UH just started. You know that that was the birth. And they talked about the documentary. One of my favorite quotes the yeah, so well, I gotta be. I am one of the dumber people at the Naval Academy. I mean I was like the last person get accepted pretty much, right, Uh, And I strugg I mean it's very very difficult, very difficult. But I'm like, well, these are eighteen nineteen twenty year old kids in Columbus, like I gotta be able to if they if they know there's signals, I can figure out their signals.
Speaker 4: So it's a personal challenge.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was like a yeah, and it's Ohio States, So right, you know.
Speaker 3: How long how how long in that game did you start to thige drives?
Speaker 4: Three drives?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: Okay, can you break that down for me a little bit.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't remember, you know, I don't remember exactly right. You know the play. I think they ran it d memory. It's been a lot of games since then. But I just remember, you know, both sides of the ball, whatever I could get, And I just remember getting their offensive signals pretty early and just not knowing what to do with the information, so I would just yell it out. And because you know, there wasn't like a structure, no one knew who I was. Like, I'm two weeks into being a student coach, like they're not. They don't know who I am. Like the OC knew who I was, but he's up in the booth, and like the director of football ops knew who I was. That was pretty much it in the players. But so I'm just yelling like power left, power left, you know who's this? It'd be power left and the next play with you know whatever it was, and it's you know, you just gotta have a knack for it. But it's it's not rocket science, it's signals.
Speaker 4: Still, you're you're in such a spot to where again you don't have like a job title, you don't have a description, like you're in such a militant law of attraction success like I'm going to provide as much value as I possibly fucking can so that way they can't ignore me. Yes, and then you when when's the when's this? When is the point to where it starts to turn to where you're now becoming a valuable asset that they're leaning on just in you, just in your own role, you know what I mean. It's like, Okay, you're doing the weather, then you're getting whatever. The next thing is either one either one.
Speaker 3: They maybe maybe ever recognize you for like, hey, this guy's really picking up signals, he's understanding he this really gives us an edge.
Speaker 1: Well well yeah, because they had a breakdown, right Yeah, it's it's it's you know what I say this too, Like even at Michigan this last year before I was suspended, UH, signals was like ten to fifteen percent of my job, you know what I mean, Like, it's that's just one responsibility that I did. H You're still you know, breaking down film, getting formation tendencies, you know, stuff like stuff like that. Right yeah, And I mean there's a I'm gonna skip ahead right now. It's on my mind. The best team to ever protect their signals was East Carolina last year, first game, and they I'm not going to get into details on exactly what they did to protect because I don't want to out them. Right now, they're probably still using it because it's it's pretty legit. But it took me two and a half quarters to figure out which signaler was live. That's the longest it's ever taken me. Yep. And it was week one, so it's brand new signals, right, So I pretty much go into the blank Street paper and I had a good idea of how to tell who's live, but they like flipped it from the year before. And I also did one of the formation breakdowns for our defense, so I knew, for example, every time it's two by two four removed, so no tight end in the core, and their only run out of that formation was quarterback draw. And I'm fast forward, like the fourth quarter right now, we're up thirty to nothing, and I'm watching there. I now know who's live, and I see him signal the two by two formation, and then I see one signal. It was like alpha with his hand. And usually I mean, you guys understand play calls, right, like so Bard association. So if there's a formation and then one word, chances are it's not a pass, right because you have a pass protection. And then the concept.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, like if a huddle breaks really quickly, you're like, okay, it's probably run here. But if the quarterbacks in there looking around anywhere else, You're.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, he's tagging receivers and all that. And then also a lot of runs still have some tags to it, right, So only one word, I'm thinking drawer screen, So and then this all goes on. This goes on in my head in like a second right, So I see the two x two like doubles formation, whatever you want to call it, and then I see one signal. I'm thinking, well, that's got to be drawer screen. I would think it was second in. I think it was like second and five and it was two minutes, so but in my mind, I'm like, this isn't really a draw situation. But then I also remembered twenty nineteen Penn State, same signal was their quarterback draw, and that's the only time I've ever seen that signal. And I remember the breakdown. I did quarterback draw out of that formation, So I think you can see it because coach Mentor was the interim head coach of that game, and they happen to be showing him and I'm like behind him, I'm like, I think this is draw, and so we're yelling draw, draw, draw, which is one of the words feelings when you say I think it's something and then everyone yeah. I'm like, oh god, this better be yeah, better hit yeah uh, And it was a draw, but they I mean, they still converted first down. But it's just like that's how many things have to go into it, right, Like it's not just like, look at the signal. It's not this like black and white thing. A lot of times I'm kinda yeah, I think this is what it is. And and you know, so kind of how how it works on game day is in my mind, I have a threshold where if I am not ninety five percent certain, I'm not saying a word. And I got to take a step back for this. All that makes sense. So in college football, right, we're gonna get into some some really good details here.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, so so college football the culture has always been to go up tempo ever since the mid two thousands. Right, you don't see many teams at huddle. NFL. The culture is obviously to huddle. And I'm gonna kind of mix last year to present day now because of the whole new quarterback coms rule and everyone assumes that, oh, signaling is over. Signaling is picked up now. And to understand that, you have to understand the history of signals. You know, just how it works. And the reason signals exist is because of up tempo. It's not because there's no quarterback comes. It's because offenses like to go up tempo. Right, I have not watched a disclaimer. I have not watched Ole Miss in Tennessee all that much this year, but I would assume they're still going up tempo. I don't see a world in which all these teams that are like snapping the ball with thirty seconds up in the play clock are huddling all because they have coach to quarterback comes now right, So they're going up tempo, which forces the defense to signal right. You can't huddle as a defense if the offense is spread out right, they'll just snap and throw it over your head if you're in a huddle. So signaling will always exist as much as offensive coordinators wanted to want it to exist, and signal stealing has been more prevalent with offenses stealing defensive signals. So going back to twenty eighteen twenty nineteen with Michigan, our defense was getting our signal stall and left and right teams like Ohio State, Penn State, Indiana, so on, pretty much the whole, the whole big tent. Probably Nebraska, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Probably, I mean, yeah, you're you're not wrong, because it's everyone simplicity.
Speaker 1: That's like Iowa and Michigan State is everyone else state? I don't think so because they were the worst of protecting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just going to say, for simplicity, for you to say that about Michigan State, you're saying that the worst of protecting.
Speaker 1: If you are protecting, you're probably not stealing, right, Like if you if you're good and stealing, you know what it takes to protect. So the teams that were really good at protecting you, well you can also look they got a guy just like me. Right, They just they didn't the media didn't go crazy about their guys, right, But everyone has a guy.
Speaker 3: Everyone has a connor. Yeah, some things have multiple conners, oh a lot. Well, we'll definitely get into that. Let's keep let's keep breaking. That is obviously a huge thing.
Speaker 1: So so we're getting our signal stolen left and right.
Speaker 4: And that's because of the tempo you guys are facing. And it's just simply.
Speaker 1: Because you know, and and just football in general, right, like, whether it's covering up issues as a play caller or personnel issues, whatever it is, you can always utilize and manipulate tempo to give you an advantage to regain that advantage, right, And a lot of times, and especially in a world where everyone's signaling you can even force the defense to signal before you signal. Maybe not force, right, because at the end of the day, if you know what's going on, it's it's just a cat and mouse game. You just wait until they signal and just calling out on their bluff.
Speaker 4: And just to your defense too, like if a being a defender, if an offense is tempoing you, the coordinator will kind of tell you before the game. Hey, if they start tempoing us, there'll only be like two or three calls that.
Speaker 1: They go to correct.
Speaker 4: So you're almost understanding the tendency before it happens.
Speaker 1: But also, uh, you know they can tempo and then hard count mm hmm. Right, So just to get whatever you're in. Maybe you showed blitz or maybe you showed your safety shell, or you showed too high, whatever it is, right, they you know, they get the line quick and they get you to kind of tell real quick, and then they call their play and they expose it. Right they Oh they cover four, let's call cover four, beater. Oh, hey they're bringing the nickel, they're dropping the buck. Let's let's throw a slant, you know, to the slot right away. Yeah, whatever it is. And so yeah, that was happening to us. And so in twenty twenty one, the big change was So when coach McDonald got the job, he asked, he said, hey, you know, he's new, he's been in the NFL coming back to college and he goes, hey, you know, what's how do we protect our signals? And I told him, I said, well, it's a cat and mouse game. You got to think of it like it's like red light green light. If I'm watching them signal and I am not talking, that means they have not signaled, So don't signal, because then we're the mouse. You just have to wait for them to begin signaling. So, you know, and it's not the sexy thing everyone wants to hear, but ninety nine times out of one hundred, they already know what they're calling no matter what. They just want to have the green light to call it so their signal doesn't get stolen. Right, So usually in game, I'm looking look and I'm looking and if I say, like, hey, trips, why flex? You know the formation? Maybe I say like why across to trips? Why flex? Which here's usual signals for like why across? Like why across trips? Why? Yeah? You know, like it's anyone could could see that and just say, hey, this is this is what the formation is. Usually he's calling the play just like that, right, So it's not like it's not like the coordinator was waiting for like, hey, is it going to be a run? Is it going to be a pass? It's it's more like he's Mike McDonald is a very successful college football coach and now NFL head coach. Right, Jesse Mentor is what are the Chargers are giving up the fewest points in the NFL?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, So these guys get paid to do what they do. They're not listening. They're not like calling their defense waiting for me. I'm just a green light to basically tell then, hey, you have permission to signal without getting stolen, and and that is kind of where it picked up in twenty one, where we were now no longer the mouse. It was all even playing field essentially, and what teams will do though, like Ohio State and I got a hole, we might I got a whole breakdown on every single play from twenty eighteen to present day, Michigan, Ohio State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, from twenty eighteen to present day, a whole breakdown of Ohio States.
Speaker 1: When when Ohio State's on offense and we're on defense, and I categorized, I watched every play on film and I categorized it, who's the mouse, who's the cat? And then sometimes it's just neutral the wash you out, yep, and here we go. So in twenty eighteen, Ohio State was the cat every play because they're picking us apart signal wise, right, and yeah, they're running mess every time we're in cover one. They're running meshrail every time we're blitz in. They happened being max protection. Take a shot every time we're in zone they run the ball, right, I mean, it's not a coincidence. I'm watching them. They have their me in you know, Ryan Daysier, and we signal, they talk. I see it. We talked, but we signaled first. So were the mouse, right, and and then so that happened in twenty eighteen twenty nineteen, So they were the cat every play those two games. They averaged eight eight point one five yards per play in twenty eighteen and eight yards were playing twenty nineteen, and they had fifteen touchdowns in those two games. Okay, twenty twenty one, they were It was a stalemate seventy two times. Okay, so that's like they're signaling, and then we start to signal right after they start to signal. Okay, they were the cat three times. And here's how I categorize them being the cat when they had a play called. So it starts off as a stalemate, and then Ryan Day gets CJ. Stroud's attention last second because he sees what we're in. Maybe they got our signal, maybe they see our show, whatever it is, and they change the play right before the snap. Okay, that's them being the cat, so our signals last ye and then they were the mouse every time they hard counted that game. Here's why in twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen, every time they hard counted and then looked at the sideline, we already had our signal called and we never changed it. So I mean they exposure right right right, so they know that the zone man twenty twenty one, I know their heart counts signal, so I know when they're going to hard count, so we don't have to show a blitzer or whatnot. They stole they stole the wrong signal because we would change our call.
Speaker 4: And do you know who Ryan Days Conor Stallions is yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm not gonna out here. Yeah you should as you should have.
Speaker 4: But we know he's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is he good at his job? Yes, very Yeah. So when they were the mouse, actually i'll start with when they're the cat. When they were the cat, so they they changed the play late three times, they averaged nine point three yards per play. When it was a stalemate, they averaged five point three yards per play. They did score three touchdowns. It's seventy two plays, so that's the majority of the game. Right When they were the mouse, they only averaged four yards per play six times.
Speaker 3: And you said there were seventy two total plays or they were.
Speaker 1: Seventy they were the stalemate, so it was eighty one total plays, gotcha. And yeah, you see, when they're the cat, they averaged the most yards per play all the way down. When they're the mouse, it's they're not they're not doing much. So their first the twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen they hard counted forty times. You can go back and watch the film. They hard counted forty times twenty twenty one six because it wasn't working right, because they couldn't steal our signal, in their hard count it because we just basically played this cat and mouse game with them and didn't allow them to to be the mouse or to be the cat every time.
Speaker 3: When you're explaining this cat and mouse game to the coaches, how receptive were they to, Hey, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta very Mike McDonald is amazing. Yeah, I mean he he's one of the smartest people I've been around. An elite coach, right. He also empowered everyone. He's a great leader and he would listen. So, I mean, it couldn't have been any better having him there. He was. It was huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's huge.
Speaker 1: Is so basically he just you know, hey, I'm the DC. I want to call the plays and focus on that. I don't want to get my signal stolen. Can you help me? Yeah, just you know, wait till it's a green light. Okay, thanks.
Speaker 4: Outside of the signal stuff, what situations were you in charge of breaking down?
Speaker 1: Well, in twenty one, I was still in the Marine Corps, okay, so I was That's when I was flying back and forth. So I mean I just showed up on game day okay, and helped out twenty two when I get hired, you know, recruiting and then recruiting signals and and then it involved into helping out with the linebackers. Okay, nice formation breakdowns.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I'm so fascinated, Like this is incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you want me to keep going, this Ohio State thing. They weren't the cat one play in twenty twenty two in Columbus, and they averaged six yards per play, and then when they stole the wrong signal because they hard counted, uh, they averaged five yards per play. They scored one touchdown each in those situations. But it's funny. There's a there's a video someone sent me of It's like me by coach into twenty twenty two and Columbus and some guy like is doing this breakdown. Sam, I'm saying, run right, run right?
Speaker 4: Oh you talk about where all eleven players just ran? Do we have that clip that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even like, First of all, I'm saying Nike, because that's what we called an opponent's heard count Nike. And you can see the Nike board go up behind me. We have a board in Nike basically tolling our you know, safeties like don't show a shell. They're trying to steal our signal right now, right right, and be ready for us to change the call. So if they look, we're going to change our call to make make sure they stole the wrong sign.
Speaker 4: This is the clip what we're talking about right here.
Speaker 1: No, that was after one of their heart counts. You see heart counts right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then Nike signed behind it.
Speaker 1: And we had the Nike sign right. But there's a different one where like some guy does this breakdown and like he's trying to like read my lips and he says, he's saying, run right, run right, that's what he's saying. I'm saying right, but I'm saying Nike, Nike. And by the way, the run was to the left, because it's from the defense's perspective, right, Like, I'm not gonna say it's a run of the right when they run it to our left, but yes, I say Nike, And then you can see them hard count. Look, they just stole whatever we just signaled.
Speaker 3: And the video in the group chat, Yeah, we'll pull that up for sure, because there's you see so many of these clips and videos of you and you're saying something to somebody and everyone wants to freak out over it.
Speaker 1: Out but I'm actually protecting our signals. That's the whole point of what I was saying. I'm telling our coordinator they are hard counting. Call a play. You don't want to call because they're gonna they're trying to steal our signal. So this is the clip right here.
Speaker 4: Yes, they're saying Nike, Nike.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You can see me say twin, why Twin, why Nike? And there goes the Nike board. You saw it go up. Yeah, and and you see Ohio State hard count. So now they're all looking at the sideline. Now they're signaling, and then we call our other place. So they just stole the wrong signal and it goes for no yards.
Speaker 4: Everybody, they're feasting break down the it's just tight end screen. Uh yeah, I want to say the Houston, Texas heat stover.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he said essentially like it's a formation we've never done it out of, We've never ran this play out of. And he was beside himself on figuring out how you guys need that clip too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Insane, incredible awareness by the defense and understanding that it was a screen. Guys just in the film room.
Speaker 1: Uh So, I don't remember what formation it was out of But can we.
Speaker 4: Pull that clip up before you explain it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just scroll up that one right there. Did they show the play?
Speaker 1: No, they don't, but we could. We could pull it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, see yeah, trying to type. Yeah, I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I had to be first half, first quarter because they're going the same direction around the twenty five thirty yard line. Yeah, somewhere in there. Who was right in front of us? It was into the boundary in front of you.
Speaker 3: Yes, correct, we're getting to you called this play that they had not run before, but you were able to decipher it. Is this one of your top five calls?
Speaker 1: It is like, is this like a top fired? Though it backfired? They get c J. Stroud turned around and everyone was right there, and he scrambled and got it first down or at least got significant yards. Frank's facetiming me right now twenty two He answer it, dude. Frank was a war daddy at Michigan. Frank, we're on the bus right now. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: What are you going to take house for?
Speaker 1: What you doing?
Speaker 4: That's awesome and well I hope you're doing well, brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jump after yeah, say you all love that's funny. I already gave him a shout out. Yeah, no doubt that tight end screen. Yes whatever the formation said. You know, here's the thing they Ohio State had like eight signalers, eight signalers all year something like that, and everyone signals the formation. Mistake number one, Like, I don't need to know who's life to see what the formation. Anyone can see that. Uh. Mistake number two, They never changed who their live signaler was the entire season. So I guess their condor stallions. Isn't that good? Then? Apparently not as good.
Speaker 4: They didn't do it.
Speaker 1: They didn't do no self scouting correct. So so and here's here's the bottom line of you know, how how can you be so good in game? I just realized this is the clip right here? Yep, that's it? Slot Why?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: So? I think they motioned into slot? Why? Why?
Speaker 9: And then also that's a cup block you see a cup by the pressure its penalty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just the signal, the signal for the slot YY formation. And and then the guy who was live the entire season signaled why delay? Am I supposed to see that? And be like, oh, I don't know what this is? Right? Right? Right? So you call it out, I said, I think it's got to be a wide delay screen.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 3: So we talked about Ohio State having their own Connor stallions. How many of the Power now Power four conferences have.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's got to be eighty to ninety. But like the Big Ten before, well, I'm sure USC does, I'm sure Washington probably does. Any team worth has. The only two teams that to my understanding did not were Iowa and Michigan State in the Big Ten. Nebraska when we played them last year, this is like what two games before I got suspended. They first of all, they huddled almost every play. We want to go game by game. Last year, ECU new you know, new signals because it's game one, and they're the best at protecting. So we're we're up thirty to nothing. Before I even started figuring out what was going on. Next game was what un l V They had one signaler, so that was easy. Game three, Bowling Green, Uh, they were okay protecting. I figured them out pretty early. Game four, Rutgers, they huddled every single play. They're they're really good at getting signals, so again you're really good, Like you know, we huddled.
Speaker 3: Yeahs Nebraska handled business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we handled business.
Speaker 4: So they're very good at protecting their players.
Speaker 1: Very good because they're they're good at getting signals.
Speaker 4: So they did you figure them out at all?
Speaker 1: Well, like I know their guy, Yeah, so we both First of all, Michigan offense, we don't. We don't. We never really steal signals. We we huddle more than anyone in the country, I think besides Air Force maybe or whoever one of the service academies. But you don't see Michigan go up temple all too much. But yeah, we huddled every play, and they huddled every play. And then after the game, I talked to their guy and we just that was the ultimate stalemate.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And did you know him personally before the game?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh yeah yeah. And then right after the game, all right, right back to you know, whatever you need help with, you know, let me know. I'll give you what I got, and he gives me what he's got, you know. And that happens every Sunday, right.
Speaker 3: So every Sunday you essentially talk to the team you just played their guy.
Speaker 1: Anyone, and a lot of a lot of coaches do that too. It's like, right, I'm sure the head coaches exchange information with and not even just the team you just played, like, you know, okay, uh, what Michigan's got Illinois coming up? And Illinois already played Nebraska, So I could call Nebraska's guy and be like, hey, what you got in Illinois? Who do you play next? I'll give you what I got on so and so. Right, that happens all the time. And that's not just signals, that's decoordinators. You know, hey, what plays did you like? What what did you see? You know all that. So yeah, after that Rutgers game, it was right back to all right, we're friends now. We knew that was gonna happen. No signals at all the entire game. And then the next game was Nebraska and they did not signal until like their third drive of the game. We were we were already up fourteen nothing before their first signal.
Speaker 4: Right, they had the third and one pick.
Speaker 1: But the funniest thing was, you know, most teams have boards that either sometimes it means formation, sometimes it tells you which signaler is live. It could mean many different things. Uh, Nebraska's boards told you which signaler was live. And they had these quadrants and pictures in each quadrant and most of the pictures. I'm sure it didn't mean anything, but one of the boards they had had my Heights school logo on it.
Speaker 4: No ship nice, so they knew.
Speaker 1: It was pretty funny. We all know, we all know who each other are, so that was probably just a funny.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, hm, look at any other intel with Nebraska, No.
Speaker 1: Who they play next week?
Speaker 4: We it's a bye week.
Speaker 1: But then Indiana, Indiana, that's a good game. Yeah, where is it at Indiana?
Speaker 4: What kind of what kind of information can you give us in Indiana?
Speaker 1: Uh, give me a week.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say for your text you go back to the j m U stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with who is it?
Speaker 4: Signetti?
Speaker 1: He's really good. And then the next game after Rutgers last year as Minnesota, they huddled every play.
Speaker 4: And then you guys body bag.
Speaker 1: And then and then Indiana, Uh, they were decent at protecting their signals. And then and then I wasn't there.
Speaker 4: What did Michigan have a signal steeler before you?
Speaker 1: No? So that again there when I went from Navy to there, like once I was in the Marine Corps. It was twenty eighteen was the start of it. I it was maybe week four five. I think actually the last game I was not the last game I was in the stands for. May have been Michigan Nebraska in like twenty eighteen. Maybe it was Northwestern, I don't remember who it was. It was one of those two teams. Yeah, and then after that I'm on the field, you know, because I asked, well, I was there for a two week kind of limbo period between training and being stationed in California, and so I asked, like, Hey, what can I do on game day? And they're like, I don't know, what do you think? I said, well, I mean I did this in Navy. I'm going to try that. And they're like, yeah, sure, I don't think we have anyone doing that, and just ran with it. I don't. I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask the question, because did anyone from South Carolina get signs from you to steal from Tennessee and Georgia.
Speaker 1: I don't know anyone at South Carolina. Now here's what I'll say. There's this whole like a giant circle of the intel guys right that know each other, right, and you're usually one or two phone calls away from anyone you want, right, Like if we played. We played Georgia in twenty one in the Orange Bowl, and I got a hold of a couple SEC teams that were playing Big ten teams in their bowl game, and so I'd give them what I had on them, and they give me what they had on Georgia. Also, this is my favorite, So trading happens all the time. Right, twenty twenty one, we lose the Michigan State Kenneth Walker a great game, played fantastic yep, and we needed some help. Right, they had to lose twice and we had to Michigan State had to lose twice, and then that would have resulted in having a three way tie or no, we would have beaten Ohio State and then it would just been US Ohio State because then Michigan State would not have been in that three way tie. And they lost to Purdue, and then I think it was the next week they played Ohio State. The week before we played Ohio State, and so we needed Ohio State to win. So I gave Michigan State signals to a buddy of mine and said, hey, I changed all the logos. It looked I made it look like it came from a different school that I don't. I don't want to give Ohio State something from Michigan. Right, they might not use it, who knows, but we need Ohio State to win. And I know they steal a crap out of defensive signals. So here you go. So I made it. I gave it to a buddy who may have given it to a buddy who then gave it to Ohio State and said telephone, yep, I got this from so and so, you know, name your school, university, and yeah, so they got I'm sure they probably already had him, but it just confirmed everything. But yeah, and then they won like sixty to nothing, and that's all you needed. Yep.
Speaker 3: Does in this in this world of trading, does anybody ever trade their own schools information?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. That'd be crazy, but.
Speaker 4: You never know, right because I'm assuming like trade their own schools information.
Speaker 3: Right, Like I'm assuming not everybody was as massive a fan of the school they worked for like you were. So I know that, you know, just like corrupt politicians.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't put it past certain people.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna throw one out there, go ahead, Lineberry coach got fired last year. Yeah, or he resigned and then when Gama fired No.
Speaker 1: That was that was two years ago coach. No, No, that was that that was last year time last year. No, but he so it was at the end of twenty twenty two. He wasn't at Michigan during the twenty three season.
Speaker 4: Wasn't somebody at Michigan during last year? Not during the season, and their computer kind of got found grenade the computer and then they they went to Alabama.
Speaker 1: M h that you're you're mixing stories right now, Okay, can you help differentiate the stories? Would that George Hilo as a linebacker coach in twenty twenty two? He was not at Michigan in twenty three and then was hired by Obama before our game, But he was like eleven months removed or whatever. Got you? I don't quote man exactly.
Speaker 4: Right, And you you assumed the reason why he was hired by Alabama right before?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, why wouldn't you have heard him earlier in the year, right because Alabama was trying to cheat?
Speaker 4: I'll say it. I mean it's just like in the NFL if somebody like, yeah, if I were to be playing for Washington, I get cut and then the Eagles bring me in right away, and they want to just know like what they operate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you're squealing like a pig.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: When I when I when I came to the Titans, I was in the offensive room with Lafleur and then breaking down the Washington breaking down Washington defense, how we played cover one and how we did things in the red zone, how we played triangle when it was three by one, like all that stuff. You want to win. I mean, at the end of the day, you want to win.
Speaker 3: I want to keep breaking down this this crazy underground world of trading different teams information. When did you become aware of this?
Speaker 1: Uh? Eighteen twenty eighteen is when you found out there's a navy. Yeah. I never no one ever really talked to me from other saa.
Speaker 4: Yeah you want to help, We're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate you. I just got killed.
Speaker 4: Yah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys still shit. Twenty eighteen it was after after the regular season. I think it was after that. I got a call someone asking for some stuff on some certain teams. Yeah, and that's when I was like, wait, what what teams?
Speaker 4: What teams were calling about?
Speaker 1: What teams? Again, I shouldn't read anyone Okay.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take a quick moment and interrupt this episode. This football season, don't walk around with helmet hair like a total rookie. You've been in the game long enough to know that how you wear your hair matters, and just because your team's mascot is a wolverine doesn't mean you should look like one. Up top, keep your head in the game and go to sport Clips. They are pro stylists that have mastered the x's and o's of men's hair, so you can get a tight fade. Well kicking back and watch us some fade routes on TV. They'll have a perfectly crafted game plan to make you look your best, no halftime adjustments needed. Remember the difference between an okay cut and a great cut is called sport clips. It is a game changer. Back to this episode, tea breaks.
Speaker 3: Have been taken by Connor and by Will. I had this protein bar and let me give a shameless shoutout, real quick, dude, to Alpha Alpha ten.
Speaker 1: Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: Alpha ten?
Speaker 3: No free shadouts, However, this is like a mom and pop shop type thing to get off a nation. Chelsea very delicious, sticks to your teeth coats, the throat, coats the throat this. So there's been so much Obviously, the landscape of college football and how you do play calling has changed so much, and a lot of it has to do with what happened last year with Michigan and everything like that.
Speaker 1: That you are pointy fingers at you. I don't think anything is people people didn't People in football didn't change much. Yeah, it's just the media perception.
Speaker 3: So but because now they're going to the comps times, so is it much more difficult to steal?
Speaker 1: So it's actually signal seiling is happening more now. So remember I explained the whole you know, how how it evolved, how it works in the difference between the NFL and college it's just because of the tempo. I mean, shoot, NFL teams still signal some not all the time, but like if they ever want to go tempo, they signal, yeah, go Temple, you gotta signal. Sometimes it's the coach to the quarterback and then the quarterback signals to the receivers and tells everyone in the core. Or some teams have signalers on the sideline that are ready to signal anytime they want to go tempo. That's the league though. College now that new helmet communications. It's not a rule, right, it's not a mandate, it's just a feature. It's a tool. So now coaches can talk to the quarterbacks. That doesn't mean they have to signal or or that doesn't mean they have to huddle or that they want to huddle. So what's happening now, and this isn't for everyone, but a lot of teams are doing this. Is now they are continuing to go up tempo, and they are stealing the defensive signal and now they can just talk to the quarterback up until fifteen seconds and tell them exactly what's coming. So, hey, they're blitzing the nickel, they're dropping the boundary in, throw the slant to the slot. Whatever it is. Now you can do that. Uh, there's already you know, I'm not gonna say who. It's not a Big ten school, but there's already been a team that has had bluetooth to the quarterback for years. No shit, really, I guess I'm not even I'm not gonna tell you if you're cold. It's just not in the Big ten.
Speaker 4: It's a Big ten team.
Speaker 1: It's a powerful, powerful, Power five what do you want to call it? Time? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it irrelevant?
Speaker 1: So like why you know the officials aren't going to check to see if there's bluetooth because in ninety nine percent of people's minds, you would only have bluetooth to huddle up, when in reality you have bluetooth to tell the QB what the defensive signal is. Now that's happening a lot. So it's I mean, it's funny. I've I've gotten phone calls from teams asking if I still have so and so's signals and whatnot? Really uh, and I'm not even you know, technically in it right now, technically technically Uh. And then I mean, shoot, I have gone to every Michigan game and everyone we played has signaled really on offense.
Speaker 4: And you are you're still sitting Minnesota did not, they didn't last year, but everyone else sitting in the stands and you can see the signal color and so you essentially know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Uh. You know, when I'm at the Michigan games now, I'm just there to enjoy it when I know I'm obviously aware enough to see, oh they're signaling. And for example, like USC when we played USC, you know, it's the Lincoln Riley offense. It's the same as his brother Garrett Riley when he was at TCU and now Clemson. I was even remembering some of the stuff like, oh, wait, isn't this this is just all go special and it was right. You know, they're not they're not changing their signals. Maybe a few, but like Texas, they they signaled every single play the whole game. And you know, again it's or or definitely at a disadvantage now because we don't have our signal guy and everyone else has theirs. So you know, it goes back to that cat cat mouse game. So you've not become the mouse in every situation. Yeah, unless you make sure you signal second. So and there's we didn't make sure we're doing that if or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you see out of Michigan this year? Is I mean outside of not having a quarterback, well, you.
Speaker 1: Have fifteen guys or whatever that we lost the league, right, Like that's not easy? Yeah, okay, and then you lose your strength coach, your entire defensive staff. You know, you're obviously your head coach. It's it's gonna be a step back, you know, it's not it's not that easy to maintain success when you when when that happens. Yeah, I think. Uh, I watched your video yesterday. You know, I'm still optimistic too, and I.
Speaker 3: Told you not to watch. I told nobody to watch correct for people just.
Speaker 1: To have correct I heard someone else watching it stole that. Ye, And uh, you know, I think well won the bye week couldn't come in any better time, well timed bye week. There's a lot of parody in college football this year, a lot. Yeah, that must be a product of nil and the portal in full effect now. But you know, other than Texas and I mean, I guess Ohio State that they beat they did beat Iowa, But has anyone else looked really good every single week? Right?
Speaker 4: In your opinion, you feel like because you were on that side of it, you were also in recruiting. Do you feel like Michigan is doing what they need to do in the whole portal game with the nil and everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the issue at the portal that a lot of people are voicing their opinions now and they're upset about you know, why did we not get someone at this position in that position? Well, the portal was closed by the time, Like, something's got to happen in college football because if you make the playoffs, you are screwed for the portal for the following season because the portal time frame is while you're prepping for the playoffs. So your players aren't announcing if they're leaving or not. So how do you recruit a guy and convince him to come to Michigan when that guy, for all he knows, like, well, so and so isn't leaving, And how do you tell him, Oh, he is going to leave? But then what if he doesn't leave, you know, And that's not that's not on a kid either, Like like JJ for example, you can't expect him to make an announcement during the playoffs about if he's going to go to the league.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: He's not thinking about that, right, He's just in the moment, and that's that's who he is, right And that's also who he should be for the team in that moment. But he's not. Yeah, I mean, maybe there's backdoor conversations with his family, but he's not going to make some announcement saying, you know, hey, I'm gonna leave after this game. So that's an issue. The timing of everything, because then it's like, you know, are they students or are they athletes? Because the semester starting in January is really what why the portal from my understanding, why the portal closes at that time and then it just opens up for a couple of days. But everyone that you would want.
Speaker 3: Is all the all the best players are gone. Now you're getting the tier two, two or three guys.
Speaker 1: So you know, Sharon is definitely the man for the job. He is an elite leader. Everyone loves him. Great dude loves football. Like I remember, you know, if it's one a m. And you're on your grind watching film, whatever you're doing, and you go to the bathroom or you go get water whatever and come back. And he was always one of the like three people that were there that late. Still yes, still about it, all about it.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, it seems like we're gonna they're gonna have a chance to do the portal this year, not making the playoffs.
Speaker 4: If they don't make the playoffs, correct, we'll have time, Correct, we'll be able to reload for next year, is what you're saying. Correct, Now, is anybody sitting in the seat you were sitting in last year at Michigan.
Speaker 1: Now they don't have that anymore with the signals, Yeah, not to my knowledge.
Speaker 4: What else outside of signals? Obviously you're known for being the signal master, but I think everyone understands that, Like signal stealing is like you're trying to gain whatever advantage you can. Like every every locker room, every meeting I've been in, you're trying to break down whether it's coaches copy or TV copies. You got somebody up there giving a presentation on signals. Whether whatever you do with it is ultimately up to you, depends on how much information you can retain. But what else outside of the spectrum of signals was kind of like your bread and butter? Was it like two minute drills or situations in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, you know, one of the beauties at Michigan, coach Harbaugh hired a great staff to recruit great players, and he just empowered his staff, So there was a lot of overlap between. Like you know, it wasn't like if on paper, I'm a recruiting guy, I wasn't only doing recruiting right, or or if you're a defensive analyst, you're not only breaking down third down or people helping each other out a lot, filling in gaps when needed. But during the season it was you know, a little bit of recruiting mostly. You know, I was in every defensive staff meeting. You know, you're game planning. I'm breaking down film prepping linebacker meetings for coach Partridge, so you know, because it's it's a race, right like every The thing that people don't realize is every I know, you guys realize it, but from Sunday morning to kick off on Saturday, it's literally who can prepare faster than their opponent. And you know, the linebacker coach, for example, should not be the guy that is going in and finding the specific clips for the meeting. He's the one coaching the clips you are going through. Like so I would go through the film and pick out, you know, what he wanted for the linebacker meeting for example, stuff like that, and also breaking down opponents, so like I was mentioning that formation tendency stuff like that, you know, because every so like you know, Monday for the linebackers might be you know, first and second down, what do they do on first and second down? Tuesdays may be you know, a short yardage goal line Wednesdays might be third and long whatever it is, however, you break that down, and so I would prepare the meetings for the backers, you know, every day, and then you know the signal stuff because that was again you know, it was just a portion of the job. Is something I just did anytime I didn't have, like I had some free time to Okay, we're done prepping for linebacker meetings practices in an hour, I'm gonna I'm gonna crank out an hour of this and then I try to finish that by Tuesdays usually Wednesday, and then give myself two days to memorize everything, memorize my sheet, you know, feel comfortable with it, and you know the tough part. It's this goes for everyone though, right because again, you play your opponent and then you're done. So for me, it was play your opponent. I'm not I'm not kidding. Maybe with the exception of like Ohio State and Michigan State, I might remember a few, but an hour after the game, I could not tell you a single signal that I just member for that game because it's onto whoever, right, Like I don't care about as president as possible, Yes, so and usually I would try to get a couple of days ahead, So like if I fit, let's just say, uh, you know, let's say I were there now and we're playing Illinois in a couple of weeks after the bye and then who's after them, Michigan State. Yeah, so I would try to finish Illinois. Well, pretend there's no bye week, Pretend we're in Illinois week right now. I would try to finish them by Tuesday, maybe Wednesday at the latest, and then by Thursday morning. It's like two separate mind frames where one I am calmly memorizing my sheet for the Illinois game and also getting ahead with Michigan State so I can finish them by the following Tuesday, because I always want to give myself a couple of days to because I'm sure everyone does, you know, for everything they do, whether it be coordinating a play calling or coaching your position or being an actual player, like you want at least have. You don't want to be like racing all the way up until kickoff and your mind's going a thousand different directions. So that is kind of how I scheduled everything for myself.
Speaker 3: When you so like during the week, you say, like Yeah, Like in the league, it would be like Wednesday would be like first and second down, Thursday would be ye all third downs, yeah then yeah, then the red zone and stuff like that. But we'd have assistant coaches like Mike Sullivan would always break down front the entire offense. These are the blitzes these teams do. Did you ever get to sit in front of the entire defense?
Speaker 1: And no, because I was an analyst and up until this year, uh, analysts could not do like on field and you know, could not instruct players or anything like that. You could only assist the coaches. So I would prepare like I would help coach Partridge for example, you know if he had short yardage goal line, I would help him prepare the clips for that and the organization of that meeting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are there there are a couple of defensive players that gravitated towards all the information and knowledge you had of the.
Speaker 1: X's and o's. I mean, the.
Speaker 4: Guys that understand it in the.
Speaker 1: D H A lot of the players, I mean, even like Mikey Sanders still is uh. I mean, I've I've learned some of the defense from him. You know, like some of these you know, these guys are really smart, great leaders. He's Mikey's probably the best non military leader I've ever been around. Really, Yes, he is. Uh, he's that guy. I mean, you know, he started as a receiver and then yeah, flashbacks, he had that nice catch, that diving catch in Lincoln, Nebraska that night game as a receiver, and then the very next year changes to nickel and he's our starting nickel and one of the best Nickels in the country. Just like that. But I mean, he's a guy that he led by example and he was not afraid to check anyone. But I mean I was close with a lot of the players because it is like a brotherhood. You know. I was what like twenty seven years old, twenty one years old at the time, and they're anywhere from eighteen to twenty three, So I'm closer in age to them than they are to the coach, like the full time coaches. So yeah, I was pretty close with the majority of the team. It truly was like a family atmosphere where I mean everyone got along with everyone, And that goes back to coach Harbaugh hiring a great staff and that great staff recruiting just the right people.
Speaker 3: I know, we're getting kind of close to that hour thirty mark right now. I had a question about EXOS, and I heard a rumor that there was pirrating videos going on from Exos, the film company that was actually pirrating, taking Michigan's practice film and giving it to other Big Ten teams. Do you have any knowledge of that at all?
Speaker 1: I don't know, oh what Exo's role would be or allegedly and that is allegedly. Yeah, well, most most teams, yeah, have have Exos. There's DV sport too. All I'll say is I have seen other Big Ten schools signals. I'm talking the original signal film that was fit like a ga doing the signals in the quarterback room right like the players would have on catapult to study. I've seen other teams signals of that that. The people who showed me that claim they got it from Ohio State. Oh interesting, I've seen that with my own eyes. So people that have the play calls, like Ohio State for example, may have traded that to someone for a different team's signals or whatnot, and that someone may have may have shown me. Dude, you better be careful because look at what they got.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, they made you aware of correct, yes, and that's probably illegal, right.
Speaker 1: I'm not a lawyer.
Speaker 4: I have a question your manifesto, what what was the foundation of it? Like for you philosophy wise, like, how did you start building out the manifesto? Obviously from military background you talked about the coaches in the past, but you yourself putting this thing together?
Speaker 1: What foundation was it built off of the best way to explain that is it's organized how I would organize a football program, which is very military like in like a chain of command, like a staff org chart, you know, or usually in groups of three, where like you have the head coach and headquarters, and then under them you have the football staff, the operations staff, and so on. Within the football staff, that would be like anything related to football itself. So I grew break that into three different categories. Personnel, so scouting, recruiting, the actual x's and O so often stephen special teams, and then player performance, which is strain the conditioning, you know, trainers and stuff like that, nutrition, and then each of those has a broken down subcategory. So if you gave me a thought on like, hey, I saw this really good thing that such and such a school was doing with their nutrition program. I would just go boom bom, boom boom, there's a nutrition section, and I got all my organized notes and I'd put it in there. And if you were asked, if you were to ask me, how would you run your how would the logistics work for your operations department? Give me five seconds, I'll show you boom boom boom, and then there's all my notes on that. And that's kind of you know, it's just it's a really good book, Getting Things Done, by David Allen. It's about how in order to actually apply something that you learn or see, or whether it be a quote or you know, something from a book, something from a movie, something from a conversation, you have to first be able to capture it, so write it down. Then you have to take that captured thought and be able to organize it. That's like my organized notes, the Michigan Manifesto, and then you have to be able to reference it though. So that's why that's the beauty of if you're super organized, then I can always go back to that, like, for example, if I read a book on leadership, for example, there might be a quote about something that's not necessarily specifically you know, leadership. It might be about there could be a football some football quote or something, and you got to be able to every time I read a book, I read the book, take all my notes, and then I go through the book again and everything I highlighted or underlined or wrote, I put that where it belongs in the manifesto, so then I can reference it without having to remember what book was that from. It was a quote about football, but it was in a leadership book. Like no, I just go to the football section and there's the quote. I couldn't dream to be this organized. I could not. And the beauty of it, too is I can talk about that. You know, probably never give away the Michigan Manifesto, but I can talk about it and no one will be able to duplicate it because I'm already fifteen years ahead, right right, How luck?
Speaker 4: How did it develop over the years from the organization?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? And and it's a Google doc now, and you say, like, how many pages is it? I can't give you an exact exact number because I found this out the hard way. A Google doc can't go over a thousand pages, so it's multiple Google.
Speaker 10: Docs, no ship, dude, Yeah, God, how often do you go back and read and be like, Okay, this is different now, this is different now nutrition for instance, if you take something five years ago someone said about.
Speaker 1: Nutrition, it's just it's ongoing. It's ongoing, and I usually I try to visit it at least weekly, try to daily. But you know, like if you know I've been traveling last few days, I haven't. You know, I haven't been on it. But what I do, Like so at the Michigan Washington game, during the game, I have my notes up, not the actual Google docs, but just my notes app and I'm just taking notes on everything I see, Like, oh, I was at the Seahawks game Sunday too, you know, So anytime I'm at a game or watching a game and I see a play I like or you know, situation like you know, this is bad flashbacks. But twenty eleven fourth and inches in East Lansing and we were in to playfake and you know, I just remembered that yesterday watching I think the Seahawks Giants game, thinking like, you know, fourth and inches. If I'm ever a coordinator, I don't want to call player the quarterbacks back is to the defense and fourth and inches unless he's given the ball, but it's just so risky. But like, so anyway, you know, that just triggered that thought from twenty eleven. So I write that down in my notes, and then tonight when I get back, I will put that exactly where it belongs to the manifesto. So then whenever I'm a coordinator, I already have that in the fourth and short section to always reference and remind myself your.
Speaker 3: Memory is shaky. The manifesto? Did you give the name manifesto?
Speaker 1: So that was it was just like my notes, And I think it was during COVID when people didn't know if football was going to be happening or not. And a couple buddies of mine and I had these zooms just talking ball stand fresh in football, and uh, I remember kind of introducing it to one of them and he's like, this is like a manifesto, and so we just kind of jokingly called it the Michigan Manifesto and then, uh, you know, obviously the media ran with it. Dave ran with it, and I guess I now have to call it the Michigan manifestoos.
Speaker 4: If you've got to.
Speaker 3: Whenever you've decided, like I'm done doing the manifesto you need to print that out hard copy and then just frame it somewhere, just a book.
Speaker 1: But there's never an end to the Michigan Manifesto. How could that was a dumb statement and you win a national champions there's already a section in there. You know, this is like a sabanism, right, like where you.
Speaker 4: Can start doing it like encyclop You gonna have like a volume one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I already have nine volumes, do you? He said, I already have nine volume Are you just doing AI up here?
Speaker 3: From she's just been popping up different AI AI pictures that he's decided to make.
Speaker 1: I mean you saw you saw the recruiting the scouting map in the documentary? Yeah, did you see that?
Speaker 3: So it's a it's a map of the United States. It's where every single draft pick.
Speaker 1: Right, every draft pick. So basically what I did was again I can say this because well, you know, you could probably hires some AI or you could do whatever now and probably catch you up on this. But it's just the concept. This is just one of you know, hundreds of concepts in the manifesto where you know, people always talk about states, like what's the best state for recruiting? Is it Georgia, is it Florida, is it Texas? Is it California? And I just kind of realized, why are we talking about states? It's literally something that Lewis and Clark drew back in the eighteen hundreds. Why would you recruit based on some state boundary that were drawn a couple hundred years ago. So what I did was I plotted every single draft pick. I took the Google map layer like off where you couldn't even tell where you were, and I just plotted everyone, and then I just drew my own little regions around where the mass people were and just kind of went from there, because like you know, when people say Florida is great, well it's mostly Fort Lauderdale, Miami. Right when people say California, it's mostly LA and the Bay Area, Texas mainly Dallas, Houston. Yes, there are certain states like Georgia and Texas where it is more spread out, but I just kind of figured, you know why, and it's my position too. Now, I'm not going to give away which positions in which sub regions are worth recruiting more than others, but yeah, there's definitely like certain regions are hotbeds for certain positions So what's the best state for recruiting?
Speaker 4: What's the best region?
Speaker 1: Region? Miami? Miami is the best region.
Speaker 4: How's Arizona? How does Arizona hold up?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you weren't there, then it wouldn't be as great.
Speaker 3: That is exactly how I wanted you to answer that. I didn't know that's how I wanted you to answer, but that's what I needed.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think Georgia is probably the best state where if you just close your eyes and put your finger anywhere on the on the state of Georgia, you're closed to a player that's been drafted.
Speaker 4: I like that. Yeah, it's it's extremely informative. I've loved every minute of this.
Speaker 3: We got a couple of sections. We got Twisted Question and then Tier talk.
Speaker 1: I think we have multiple tier talks.
Speaker 4: One that we're just gonna give to you, but the twisted question to.
Speaker 3: Pop up that that ad Mmm.
Speaker 4: All right, I guess what The Twisted question is sponsored.
Speaker 1: By twisted Tea.
Speaker 3: That is correct, sir, and refreshing hard. I see me with real breed and five percent alcohol, full of flavor and very refreshing. Twisted tea goes down smooth. But there is no carbonation that makes it easy to drink all day long. Twisted Tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. It is a perfect alcohol for game day, whether tail getting in a parking lot, watching at a bar, or watching with friends at home. Twisted t is there to turn up your game day. Keep a twisted if you grab a refreshing twisted tea today are Twisted Tea is brought to us, as always by Mitch Carsley Bandwagon, Ohio State fan.
Speaker 11: I don't think that was necessary, all right? This twisted question comes from Greg Hohenstein at Greg Hoe forty eight on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Shout out Greg hoe forty eight.
Speaker 11: Your best Big ten super team versus your best SEC superteam? Who's on it? And who is winning?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: I could be the wrong person ask here because I can't. It's like I can sit here and think of all the players, Like justin you know one of the nineties Nebraska teams. I think you're gonna be pretty good.
Speaker 1: But is that a Big ten team though they are now? Yeah, but they weren't Big ten, right?
Speaker 4: They weren't ten then?
Speaker 1: All right, So let's start at quarterback. Who's representing the Big ten we're completely creating our team from scratch. We're not saying, like Georgia twenty one.
Speaker 11: Your creat you like picking players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a that's a very long winded, twisted question.
Speaker 1: Can we we just gotta go like the best O line, the best receiver corps?
Speaker 3: Maybe Okay, let's just start with you ten, all right, big ten quarterback.
Speaker 4: I mean you're using one of the Michigan ones recently, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Line, Yeah, twenty two, Michigan twenty twenty two, Michigan O line twenty three. Man, they didn't technically didn't win. We we didn't win the Joe Morroward last year, but that was probably because they just felt back because we won it twice in a row, first time we ever won it twice in a row.
Speaker 4: But that I would say that, I could say that a line I get my.
Speaker 1: Good last year? What are we working on this together?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to.
Speaker 1: There's no way the three of us are gonna do.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: So we'll say that old line. I hate Santas, but it's gotta be one of the Ohio State receiving corps recently.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, with old Mormon Harrison Jr. I mean, well, if you're gonna pick them, then you gotta pick Michigan's DBS though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, so we're just a hot state in Michigan so far.
Speaker 4: So what's that CJ. Stroud might be.
Speaker 1: But this is all time, I do you know? I respect c J. Good guy. He didn't beat Michigan though, he didn't beat Michigan. Couldn't beat Michigan.
Speaker 6: See J. T.
Speaker 1: Barrett. Yeah, they had three, they had Dwayne, all three of those guys right back to back to back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is way harder than I expected it to be.
Speaker 1: Troy Smith to you wanna put that tight.
Speaker 4: End, Pappy, you grab the you can do the SEC team?
Speaker 1: Are they keeping track of this? You got you gotta have Joe Burrow. No, I don't know Cam Newton though his twenty ten season. Yeah, superman, Johnny.
Speaker 4: You guys do the SEC. We'll do the Big ten all time. Yeah, the number one greatest running back of all time and the Big ten. I'm looking at Archie Griffin Ohio State. Yeah, that's big. That's big for the Big ten. Okay, so we'll take him, We'll take him. Let me look at uh, I'll do line. I'm gonna do linebackers. Oh, I'm almost assuming, like again.
Speaker 1: And is this is this while they were in college? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe we just do a defense because for linebackers, you you can always pick like a like a pension squad.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, when they had uh, but you probably want to Harrington Michigan defense.
Speaker 1: If you're going full defense. Yeah, if you're going full defense, I mean, hello, man, mhm.
Speaker 4: This is a way harder question than I wanted to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should we pass? Is there a backup question?
Speaker 4: It's just too much, just too much brain power.
Speaker 1: All look at of all time best players, Oulton Mescoulton Mescos were the first players I met at Michigan, and they made like the Ray Guy, you got way too much playing time.
Speaker 3: Ray guy dude, he that uh that Ray door was first made in twenty two and nine. He walked out and they're like, oh, it's big enough to wear a punter can hit it. And then firstout warming up hit the top. It was like the most deflating the Alcalack Fieldhouse.
Speaker 1: Why are we talking to Mumford real quick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we talk Mumford.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll wait till these boys they.
Speaker 4: Find out that we're punning on this So Mumford, I mean you got Charles Woodson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what they can I guess I'm kind of just over the question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is little an entire episode. It is like, let's just forgure out the best all time conference teams.
Speaker 1: I actually have a question for him about Mumford.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, Muford. Go ahead, stick on Mumford because a question.
Speaker 1: I won't forget about Mumford. You keep that picture up. I'm not gonna forget.
Speaker 4: Give me three coaches you feel like you've learned the most from in real time now, like with the people you were inspired by and everything. Yes, yeah, guys, we punted on this question, twisted question. Three coaches, three coaches he's learned the most from. Yeah, three coaches he's learned the most from. That's added that's added value to the manifesto, big value.
Speaker 1: That's actually, yeah, that's that's probably the best way to Yeah, to ask that too.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Kenny amount to Lolo Navy head coach now at San Josis say winning as head coach NA football history. Chris Partridge and I got two in mine For this third spot, it's either Jay Harbor or Mike McDonald, which and ironically all of those guys are in Seattle. I'd say, Jay, I've spent more time around Jay.
Speaker 4: Those are the three that the manifesto the most.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just from observing them and and asking them questions and picking their brains.
Speaker 4: How many coaches knew you had this manifesto going, uh not like manifesto like fun creative?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think I actually a lot of people just kind of knew I was very organized and had a bunch of notes and pulled out ideas.
Speaker 4: Was any coach like curious, like, hey, have you been logging everything?
Speaker 1: Like, let's see this organization. I think every coach has their own system of notes, right, Yeah, maybe not as organized, but I don't think people really think about it as much because they just kind of write down their note now, you know, once they realize, wait, maybe they're interviewing for a next job up or whatever and they need to organize everything. It's that's why I go back to like vision, the concept of vision itself, like when you picture yourself as that, you just start from the beginning like that, So you just organize everything as if you're the head coach coach, and then you're ready for anything.
Speaker 4: I love it too, man. Should we do to your talk?
Speaker 3: And then I have one final question we gotta get Yeah, yeah, let's talk about So the boys just they got.
Speaker 1: Themselves their first game in a long long time. Let's give a.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Monthford and we say.
Speaker 4: A long long like, let's check in on conversiding that you just took an ass whoop in like sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we also played like cast Tech and cash is like.
Speaker 4: These school in Detroit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mumford, he says, has been a long long time since you guys got a w.
Speaker 1: I think they won one game last year, none of the year before, and two the year before that, something like that. So you it's been rough.
Speaker 3: So you resigned from Michigan and Momford calls up and says, please, for the love of God, do something for us.
Speaker 4: That is that how it happened.
Speaker 1: Uh, I know the head coach, and he asked if I wanted to be to DC. And then it's kind of evolved. We only have like four coaches.
Speaker 4: So and you're thinking yourself, what a Allen? No doubt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no doubt. How has the defense gotten better since you've gotten there? Uh? Yeah, we all kind of coach everything. So I'm coaching all sides of the ball. Yeah, yeah, and uh, for example, we have two offensive linemen in the entire program. No ship to yep, So.
Speaker 4: Well you have two players it's play offensive line in the entire program.
Speaker 1: We have two true offensive linemen. So like our tight end Norman Adams shout out, shoutouts, Norman could be a very recruitable tight end. Had had to take one for the team, and he's our left tackle. It gets better, guys, it gets Johnson lane Johnson happened him are so last week? Every day it's like playing tetris with the debt chart, and our starting slot had to be our right guard. In the game, we won the right guard. Ye stepped up, Nate. Shout out to Nate played right guard, got the dub. We ran the ball every play except one.
Speaker 4: All right, So you know it comes with its own challenge.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of challenges, a lot of challenges, and you know it's really turned into uh, guys taking sacrifices, right, like, hey, what you know, some guys wake up one day thinking they're going to be the slot receiver getting some carries, and then they find themselves starting as the right guard.
Speaker 3: In the trenches. In the trenches crazy, you enjoyed most about the high school level, how easy the signs are to steal.
Speaker 1: No, there hasn't been a single sign we because so we we right, obviously, we have some challenges. We have two offensive linemen. I mean I could stop right there, So you got to be able to manipulate tempo right to your advantage. So and I can talk about this and no one's gonna have an answer for it. So, you know, we with two offensive linemen, what do you do? Well, we do a lot of I don't even know what you want to call. It's not even tackle over, it's like everyone over.
Speaker 4: So you just take the two offensive line, like, hey, you're gonna play in the left side.
Speaker 1: No, No, Like the center is the last guy on the line and everyone else is over there. But you can't just line up like that that. You can't just give them fifteen seconds to adjust. So we we use like five or six different tempos where you know, one of them is a speed break huddle. So we'll speed break to overloading one side and snapping the ball in three seconds. Like you're not gonna be able to adjust to that in three seconds? No, we'll speed break into like pods where we have just the center and quarterback, five guys over there, four guys over there. If you don't match your numbers, we're snapping it and getting it out. And we scored. We got a seventy five yard touchdown last week on that and the refs through a flag for twelve minute on the field, and I told her I got stay on the field. Stand the found yelling at the ref count them, what do you mean? Twelve on the field, and they count them and then they go and have this meeting for like ten minutes, Like what are they talking about. There's eleven on the field. There's been eleven on the field, and then all of a sudden they change it from twelve on the field to five in the backfield.
Speaker 4: They're like, look, we're worried right now. How do we get out of this state?
Speaker 1: Fans they saw you, and they're like, probably probably got it.
Speaker 4: We got to make sure this guy doesn't have success anywhere now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, so we you know, we we utilize tempo to our advantage, and then we'll go fast. You know, we'll go fast tempo and run a play real quick, and then we'll just go regular old tempo, take our time. Everything's on a wristband and they look at it and they get lined up, they run it and then we'll go fast again, but we'll hard count get them to jump first down. So you know, it's like we had like a ten minute drive. We didn't even score half ended, but like, hey, last defense is not even being on the field. Yeah, uh wait, so the drive.
Speaker 4: Didn't even score with the half end. It's so funny to the boys, what's your record right now?
Speaker 1: Uh, we're wan to know starting this last week, let's go one and calls are one, and oh, we've got three games left and we actually could squeak into the playoffs if we win these last league. Well we're Division three, so we actually just beat a Division one team big time. Okay, Right, gotta get the kids.
Speaker 3: We gotta get kids eligible, we gotta get kids ready, We gotta get kids to buy into the program.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it is, you know, and I don't blame them. It's been tough, right, it's a it's a big culture shock. And uh when you are first three games were against like three juggernauts, and when they haven't won in a long time, you know, you know, you don't say this, but you kind of go in. You know, it's like it's like being a Max school playing uh, you know, Alabama or whatever, and you know you're you're you're prepping like crazy, but you know you're not shocked if you don't win. Right, Yeah, And then Week four, Week five, it was way more winnable games. We were in them and it's just like we just got to get that win to help with the buy in. And now that we got it, these guys are bought in.
Speaker 4: Right, he's got to get another one again.
Speaker 1: So Southeastern, big game on the road. Everybody show up? Yeah, right?
Speaker 4: How is the student section from Mumford? Damn dude? Is Chandler Park Academy?
Speaker 1: They they that's homecoming? Yeah wait, I don't think that's a road game. No, it's supposed to be a home game. Okay, right now. The website is wrong, I think so. A lot of a lot of these scores are wrong too. By the way, there's one thirty to nothing. Renaissance scored three times. How do you get thirty points in three scores? Or maybe it was four scores? Safety they had four touchdowns, but.
Speaker 4: We were hilarious.
Speaker 1: We were four for four on two point conversion.
Speaker 3: I mean cast Tech is like my freshman year there was like Lewis ye that yeah, that was like, whoever are you.
Speaker 4: Guys scoreless up until the last week.
Speaker 1: We scored in the first game.
Speaker 4: Okay, but a shout up Momford, shout up Monford.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: That's all time.
Speaker 3: I'll get this last question and then we can go to your talk and then we'll close shop here. So, there's obviously a lot of things that you are alleged doing legally.
Speaker 4: Illegally with that, well, nothing illegal you're allegedly, people are.
Speaker 1: Saying, and see bylaws, nothing against the constitution.
Speaker 3: Right, nothing is the contition. So there's a lot of things that people are saying that you did. Who else in the Big Ten are you aware of are doing the same things you're being accused of doing.
Speaker 1: I'm not there, so I don't want to I don't want to say exactly, this is what this team's doing, this is what that team's doing. But there's a lot of Big Ten teams. Who are you know at that level? It's Ohio State, Rutgers, I believe, Penn State, UH, Indiana's really good. Those those are probably the top four in the big ten. Who are we're all on the same level? Yeah, what is uh, just for Will Compton's sake, where is Nebraska their rank in the city category, I'd say they're they're how many tiers are we talking here? Like if if you if you just say five tiers, they're probably tier two, tier three. They're not bad, they're they're good at protecting. So they got to know at least something. Yeah, right, Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're around that tier tier two, tier three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in your time obviously we I we've already figured out that. You know who States Connor Stallions is. Did you ever trade information with them?
Speaker 1: Again, the only time was not directly. I gave something to give to someone to give to someone to give to him to help him.
Speaker 4: Did they ever get that wins you.
Speaker 1: To help them? Did they?
Speaker 3: Did they ever approach anybody from a hoose state of approach you about future teams or anything like that or was it kind of like we just don't talk to each other?
Speaker 1: No? Zero percent?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Ohio State had the OG signals from somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they they definitely were utilizing Stolen's signals well before we were definitely so you're a whare Dave? That goes back to the twenty eighteen twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: You're aware of Dave Portnoy and champagne bottles?
Speaker 1: What about him? Are you aware of them? No?
Speaker 3: So Dave has all of his biggest enemies in the world. He has champagne bottles, and when then they fall, he opens that champagne bottle and he drinks it.
Speaker 4: Who would be your number one champagne bottle?
Speaker 1: Team, life, person, him, anybody? It's gotta be Ryan Day, you know. Yeah, it's your.
Speaker 4: Champagne, but that's your champagne bottle. I will tell you this. You're so bagrated to pop one open. You're just waiting for the dominoes to fall. We were in Columbus for a spring tour last year, right, it would be Ryan Day?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who would be your next champagne bottle?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I've Ohio States, like that's your goes moral and only number one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who would be your second champagne bottle?
Speaker 4: Person or team or let's person, let's do person.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be up there, that would make things easier. I mean, I'm not a fan of Michigan State, and that's not a person, but I got nothing against uh Jonathan Smith. He's their new head coach. Yeah, I mean it was Mel Tucker before the that was Mark D'Antonio. Antonio was a dog.
Speaker 4: He did a great job.
Speaker 1: I respect him. Yeah, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 3: No, I will tell you this, I hate Michigan.
Speaker 1: State more than a house state. I'm right there with you, are you really when you grow up in the state of Michigan, you're surrounded by spartans, not buck guys. So like nationally the game, right, obviously that's the game. Yeah, and you prepare for that game all year, no doubt, but like when it comes down to like this is personal Michigan State for.
Speaker 4: The state title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Tier talk, so tear talk is I'll explain it to you.
Speaker 4: So we go through our top three talk. Okay, you've seen it.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna start with your tier three, then you go your tier two, then your tier one. Our tier talk today is best spies, not best spies or best spice, best spies.
Speaker 4: So I'm ready to go. Do we have a god teer? Do you want to say on three?
Speaker 1: One two three?
Speaker 3: Okay, Connor Stallions will be our god teer. So Connor is our god teer spy.
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm character yeah, yeah, So I'll go first. My tier three is going to be Sterling Archer from the show Archer. I think he's an alcoholic, but he always finds a way to get the job done. I think that show is incredibly well done. I I I just I love the show. He is a fantastic spot. My tier two is going to be.
Speaker 1: Jason Bourne.
Speaker 4: Jason.
Speaker 3: There's been a argument on this bus for a long time. Who is it who would win to fight Jason Bourne or John Wick? My after what rewatching the Jason Bournes, It's clear as day this guy just stays one step ahead of everybody. Now would be very interesting to see based on how technology advanced as his movies came out. They're no longer doing flip phones, if you would be able to keep the pace. But he's my tier two and my tier one. Who would have been my god teer given that everybody else felt and felt the same way as gonna be James Bond. I think James Bond is the OG. I love the fact that every ten years or so they just recycle the storylines, new new James Bond.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 4: It is just it's all fucking time. It's all time. So that is my tier talk boys in the back buss you.
Speaker 6: Sneaky, all hyphenated, get some rest, Pam, you look tired.
Speaker 12: Decent, fuck you jack, technical, military, solid, you need want one more.
Speaker 1: I'm also trying to think of my three at the same time.
Speaker 3: Elite Okay, all right, well yeah, well we got there.
Speaker 1: I mean because I mean two two of my three are on there. There you go. I see Sterling that show. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: My tier three is going to be Kim Possible, globally fighting crime do what seems like she's got a great personality. My Tier two is going to be Harry Hart the Kingsman, special agent mentor to Gary Eggsy Unwin. And my tier one Sneaky. It's going to be the scout piece in the board game Stratigo. You're able to manipulate this piece around and when it gets exposed, it's ultimately like you're you're trying to smoke out other pieces on the board. And I love Stratigo growing up. One on one just a chess match where you're trying to protect your flag, kind of capture the flag. You can place bombs around it and there. Then there are ranks from like one all the way to maybe ten, maybe eight. But then there's a scout piece. I can kind of move around, maneuver around that. You want to smoke out, and uh, I'm gonna go with the scout piece.
Speaker 1: Hyphenated front runner, front runner almost.
Speaker 5: Dun dun dunnan, hyphenated first half team.
Speaker 1: Hyphenated lost me.
Speaker 7: Nerd whatever, bitches, bitches, interesting, thank you, Yeah, you're up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go number three Spy kids, Okay, I was checking them out. Yeah, you know, it's one of the it's gotta be the first spy movie I've ever watched. Number two, I gotta go with James Bond and number one Born like Born You like Born over Wick. Yes, that's all I need to hear. Gay, Oh yeah, inspector gadget. It's a good one. It's a good one. There's a lot out there, though, well the best ones you can't talk about, correct. Yeah, in the spy Museum, No we did. I I've been in the spot museum. Oh, well played, and thanks for coming.
Speaker 4: My one word.
Speaker 13: Manifesto detailed prose, calculative, classic.
Speaker 11: Classics hyphenated all business.
Speaker 3: Boy, just give a mind a plus collect really contacted you Friday. You're here on Monday. I really appreciate you coming in the insight everything it has been literally swept the nation, all the things that happened to come out of that manifesto of yours.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you taking having to sit down with us. Yes, sir, and this is your first like long form interview since all of it, right, besides the document.
Speaker 1: Documentary, besides my nine hour master interview for the documentary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, man, thank you. This was I enjoyed every minute. I would have would have enjoyed being in the trenches with you and playing for you. I would have loved every fucking minute of it.
Speaker 1: He would have.
Speaker 4: Yes, their coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but.
Speaker 4: Also I know you want to give me the ball.
Speaker 1: Well maybe we can pull the guard and hand it off to him, no doubt. Southeastern, watch out, watch out.
Speaker 3: All right, boys, big hugs, any kisses, Please subscribe to rate five stars. Thank you so much for everything.
Speaker 1: Talk to you soon. Hey.
Speaker 4: That was incredible, awesome, that was incredible.
Speaker 7: That