Speaker 1: Second date up dated. Normally, when we hear about amazing first dates on this show, it's this big, elaborate tale that went to multiple locations and lasted across several days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it costs tons of money because.
Speaker 1: The two of them just, you know, couldn't bring themselves to walk away from each other. But is it possible to have a life changing first date that only lasts thirty minutes?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean at first something for me, I can squeeze one life changing date in in thirty seconds. But it's not about me. It's about Connor, because he's on the phone right now, and I just hope that we can help him. Connor, what's good man?
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for having me. I know the way you set that up sound really extra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that you sound pretty extra in dramatic for sure? Connor? Do you not stand by Jeff's statement?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I mean, if I'm on this show, I have to be at least a little bit. Normally I wouldn't do this, but I just met this girl, and I've never caught feeling for somebody this twitch, and I feel like if I don't do everything I can to at least try to figure out why I'm not hearing that from her, then I'm doing myself a disservice.
Speaker 2: And grow.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. So tell us about this woman who just changed your life. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Her name is Renee?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and how'd you meet.
Speaker 3: Her the most romantic way possible? Online? Of course?
Speaker 4: I mean did you know when you saw her online that she was like I mean, you're describing her or something incredible, right, yeah, Like I.
Speaker 3: Don't believe I love that first sight or anything like less at first sight? For sure, this was something like almost in between, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: That's a good place to live.
Speaker 1: What did you love so much about her?
Speaker 3: I saw her picture and you know, obviously I caught my attention. She's gorgeous. But the thing I touk like place my finger on, it's like she just reminded me of someone like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, he's going to go with the celebrities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, not a mom Okay, who was it?
Speaker 3: Not even a celebrity. But I think the closest I can think of it is like she kind of reminds me of like this friend I had from college. So it's like almost like just seeing her made me feel sort of like connected to her.
Speaker 2: Okay, there was a comfort there already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I reached out and I was like, hey, are you this person by chance? And she said no, and you know, we got to talking and eventually we started talking over the phone. And you know, like the first phone call when you meet some longline, it's like always awkward. You never know if you're don't have the same kind of like chemistry you might have just texting or whatever. But immediately felt comfortable talking to her and the conversation was really good. So as a sign, I asked her out and.
Speaker 1: Yes, and where do we ask her out to?
Speaker 3: I decided to take her to one of my favorite bakeries. I figured it's like, you know, low pressure first date type.
Speaker 1: Thing, brilliant ad, it smells good, everyone's happy in a bakery, relatively low costs, like.
Speaker 2: A first day without alcohol. I don't mean to be for me.
Speaker 4: I just get a and I need Like there's just something about sitting down with a glass of wine or something with someone that just kind of takes the edge off, Like daytime bakery.
Speaker 1: It's a little more focus or friend like, so tell us about your friend, like boring sober.
Speaker 2: Sober's bad.
Speaker 1: It just for me, How was it for you?
Speaker 3: I'll have you know that wine can't take the edge off nearly as good as my favorite bakery's amazing maple bars. So we have that going forehead.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can get behind that. You're starting to sell me.
Speaker 1: What was it like when you first saw her? Like? Was she everything that you were hoping?
Speaker 3: She'd be, oh, yeah, well, I mean when you meet a longline, like they show up looking half as you as the picture, you can thider yourself lucky. She looked even better, so it's like, oh, so I at least I know she's also honest, which was really nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, so first impression is good. How did the actual conversation and the date go.
Speaker 3: I thought it went really well. So before we even like started to like sit down and talk, I was like, hey, you have to try these maple bar kind of my move, you know, show them I've got good taste, And also like, ooh, isn't in a better move when you're having like something that's like warm and sweet and doe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like, well, I'm kind of diabetic, and you're like, no, you have to try.
Speaker 2: Was she into it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She said it was delicious. We sat down, had a little bit of coffee, you know, just like very first conversation stuff. But it flowed very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what did you guys talk about?
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, like favorite movies and books that type of stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, I gotta say, you know, Jeff set this up as a woman that like changed your life in thirty minutes. But so far, I mean it sounds like a good date. But was there something like exceptional about it?
Speaker 1: Oh? So it's not exceptional enough to Brook. So far what she said.
Speaker 4: Sounds like it's like something like Brooke and I would go do it just like a normal good first date.
Speaker 1: Do you know how rare a normal good.
Speaker 2: So that's what it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just asking like the exceptional part, like what blew you out of the water.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing. But the whole thing was maybe forty minutes top. But like in that forty minutes I thought we had like a good connection. And you know what we started talking about like future ambitions, which is something I don't talk about with someone until like the fourth or fifth date. You know, Like I told her how I eventually want to be like a master French chef. That's kind of my dream that.
Speaker 1: I'm doing specializes in French maple bars.
Speaker 2: But I'm assuming I would date him for a while just based on that alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe give me a court on blue And.
Speaker 3: She seemed really supportive, awesome and forty minutes.
Speaker 1: I mean that's not a very long date, but it sounds like I went, well, how did you end it?
Speaker 3: Gave her a hugs, said I had a really great time. I like to see her again. And maybe it ended on an awkward note like I'm not sure that I made a joke that I hope she didn't take the wrong way like she was leaving and said, wait, you're not gonna pay me for the bafel bar. You gotta look at me for a second. I said, oh, it's joking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, laugh but yeah, all right, So in your email, you told us that you've been texting and calling her but she's not answering anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm an adult. I know what that means. But I don't know if it's like something I can salvage or to at the very least learn to not do on a future date.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Well the good news is you don't have to salvage it. That's our job. Yeah, we'll play a song. We're gonna call Renee for you and get you your second date update right after date.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, figures wrong.
Speaker 1: We do right after this hold on second date update. We're in the middle of a second date update with Connor, who says he doesn't really believe in love at first sight, but something clearly does believe in is love at first bite. Because he took Rene to bakery where they make the most decadent, creamy, moist, mouth watering homemade maple bars. His oral cavity has ever seen.
Speaker 5: The world.
Speaker 2: I'm about to make that sound. You just played the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't afford to listeners so good. The whole thing only lasted about forty minutes, he says, but that was all he needed to know that there's something special happening with him and Renee. But Connor, is it possible that the maple bar was so good it put Renee into a week long food coma and she just needs a little more time to come out of it and finally respond to you.
Speaker 3: I mean, if that's the explanation, then I'll be happy to know about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm the same. There's optimism over here.
Speaker 2: You know, my thought is, I don't know if you feel this, Connor.
Speaker 4: Is that maybe just she found a couple other dudes to date, you know, like she said, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, thanks for putting such a positive spin on this before we make the.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I think we could come back from that. I thought that was a positive. Yeah, she probably has a lot.
Speaker 4: Of options because she sounds like Unicorn and she just doesn't realize how great you are.
Speaker 2: And that's where we come in to really sell Connor.
Speaker 1: What Brook means is you're one of ten and they probably gave her booze.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's be honest you.
Speaker 1: Before we do any more positive talk with Connor, let's just move on and call Renee and actually get the answer to are you ready to do this?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 6: I'm dialing your number right now. Hello, Hey, is this Renee?
Speaker 1: This is she May is calling you May and I will answer within five minutes.
Speaker 2: Why don't you just answer her?
Speaker 1: I'd like to set it up. You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. I'm jeff It's if that wasn't super clear, and and I'm.
Speaker 2: Jeff I don't know anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't sorry, I don't like. I don't know your show.
Speaker 1: Sorry, comedy, we're quirky and weird. I'll just get to it because we're doing something right now called the Second Date Update, and we're looking to help one of our listeners, Connor, get back in touch with you.
Speaker 2: Have you heard our podcast or you last laughing?
Speaker 5: Wait? Wait wait wait wait wait wait you talked to him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wait, he doesn't know.
Speaker 6: He doesn't know what, don't know what.
Speaker 5: I honestly like, I don't know what to say other than he is the most crueless guy in the entire world, like I love. I told all my friends about our date, and they all told me that I should like post it on TikTok because it's just so.
Speaker 1: Your friends, Like, we're talking about a thirty minute coffee date out of bakery. He didn't mention anything crazy when we spoke to him. Is that the same, Connor?
Speaker 5: It's the same, It's Connor. But maybe I'm gonna paint you the picture because it's ridiculous. Three and a half years ago, maybe even like four. Honestly, I was on a different dating app where this guy hit me up and he invited me to go to a bakery. At the bakery, this person like insisted, I tried these moving maple bars whatever, and we talked about like our favorite movies and books. And guess who that person was. Guess the name of that person?
Speaker 2: Uh, don't tell me.
Speaker 5: Connor.
Speaker 2: Wait it's the same due.
Speaker 5: So yes, I have been out with Connor, the same Connor you're talking about, on the exact same bakery date three and a half years ago.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, when did you realize it was the same guy from three years prior?
Speaker 5: Like when we matched? How do you not remember going on a date with someone?
Speaker 2: Did you go through with it? Then?
Speaker 4: If you knew you had already been on a date with this guy three years ago, why did you continue?
Speaker 5: Because I genuinely thought it was a joke and that when we got there he'd be like, we're not actually going here again?
Speaker 1: Oh you thought he was setting you up to.
Speaker 2: Be like okay, because you thought he remembered too.
Speaker 5: I just went along with it.
Speaker 1: It was the second time, at least better both dates.
Speaker 5: It was the exact same conversation, Like, I already know his favorite book, it's Laughter House five, It's a favorite movie, Sean of the Dead.
Speaker 2: You have a good memory.
Speaker 5: I even know also about his five year plan to become a master of French cook or whatever. But clearly he hasn't made much progress because that was three and a half years.
Speaker 1: Ago, master, though he's got a year to half left.
Speaker 5: Oh one more thing. The first time that we did go on our date, he ghosted me the way I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: Three years ago he ghosted you, and this time he has. I mean, he's describing you as like this amazing woman that he can't let get away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't just take it from us. Connor is actually on the other line listening and wants to tell you himself. Isn't that right, Connor?
Speaker 3: You're joking. This can't be real.
Speaker 5: There's Connor, Connor, how many women have you taken to that bakery over the years, like three hundred four hundred?
Speaker 3: Like, oh my gosh, look it's not that many, but it's my favorite first date spot.
Speaker 5: I wait, but you even made the same joke, Like you made the same like are you going to bring me back for that maple board joke? You?
Speaker 1: Connor? You don't remember her at all.
Speaker 3: Look, I told you I knew she seven familiar. I thought it was.
Speaker 5: Means familiarity and like, actually, like our first date, we spent time together.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I hate to ask this, but are you sure it was me?
Speaker 2: Connor is.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent positive?
Speaker 1: Connor? Is that your favorite movie?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, joke, it's not even a good joke.
Speaker 4: This is when you start apologizing, buddy, Like she's mad you ghosted her the first.
Speaker 2: Time, and then you didn't even remember her the second time. Like it's kind of insult to injury.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I'm not trying to make it excuses for myself, but three and a half years ago was a long time. I've matured a lot since then, and I'm sure a lot of people have. I'm older, I'm wiser. I apologize since very much. So, look I noticed you. I'm so sorry. I was clearly an idiot then, I'm clearly an idiot now.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the fact that he had the wherewithal to reach out to a radio station to reach out to you shows the personal growth that he's made in that time.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was an honest mistake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I get that. I'm just I'm kind of like over it, like at this point.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm I think you're being a little bit too judgmental because you're hungry and what you need is another man, I think, So I think you could get another mouth. You're gonna see what a great guy Connor is. And we'd like to put that maple bar in there and send you on another date.
Speaker 4: I'll just say, Renee, I am terrible remembering faces.
Speaker 5: And yeah, but it was It's not even about that. It was the exact same date. It was the exact same conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But it's like a movie that you love so much you just want to watch it over.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's actually nothing like that, though.
Speaker 1: And I still think you should give another shot, and this time you can do a totally different place, a whole new conversation. He'll ask about your favorite exercise activity, Connor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, all right, there you go.
Speaker 2: Not a really strong argument.
Speaker 1: It's a yes from Connor. Renee, what do you say?
Speaker 5: I wish you nothing but the best, Connor. But like I'm I don't want to ghost you the way you ghosted me. So I'm just going to tell you straight up that I'm not interested.
Speaker 3: Okay, dude, I mean, hopefully three and a half years from now, she'll forget about this. We can try again.
Speaker 1: Set alarm, buddy, You'll be in here for you. It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning.