Speaker 1: Cutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere.
Speaker 3: The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny G Radio Sunday, Sunday, and we will get to the mailbag here on this ninth day of the month of March, and Danny G does hang out with us here and Danny, I know you've been been away the first couple of podcasts of the weekends. So people have been dying to know Danny. They want to know more reaction from the a big trade that was announced on Friday afternoon the Friday News dump the Geno Smith trade. To your raiders, defend your squad, go ahead, defend your team, Danny, go ahead, defend you guys.
Speaker 4: You know I wasn't with you on Saturday. To remind everybody that you have a personal beef with mister Smith.
Speaker 1: Oh oh no, that is not true.
Speaker 4: I yeah. It dates back to you and him going back and forth on Twitter, and you have hated that guy ever since.
Speaker 3: Well I've been right wrong and this is more validation. What listen, you're trying to distract from the real issue here.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm just going out simple facts. This is a fact. It has admitted it on your Overnight show before.
Speaker 1: It is a fact.
Speaker 4: You didn't like him from the start, and his little rebirth in Seattle, you still hated him.
Speaker 1: It is irrelevant to the conversation we're having.
Speaker 4: You don't we know Pete Carroll did get the best season out of him. I hate the turnovers. He throws some strange interceptions once in a while that looked like Philip Rivers interceptions. But he's also had games where you're like, wow, so he's a confusing quarterback.
Speaker 3: Well, I would describe him as a back quarterback is the way I would describe him. Danny and you talked about that great success he had with Pete Carroll. But as I mentioned on the emergency Mallard monologue that I did yesterday, I had to do it. It demanded in a full Mallar monologue treatment this trade because it happened on a Friday news dump, because even the Raiders are embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Seattle's everyone's embarrassed about Gino Smith.
Speaker 4: Oh stop it.
Speaker 3: They were together for two years in Seattle, Pete Carroll and Gino Smith. They were eighteen and sixteen was the combined record of the Seattle Seahawks those two years. And that was with more playmakers around Gino Smith. Gino Smith had DK Metcalfe, had all these other young receivers that were pretty good.
Speaker 4: Okay, well we haven't even got to the official beginning of a free agency. So let that happen. Let the draft happen. They're not done.
Speaker 1: Well I go today, though I can't.
Speaker 4: I realize that. But like I told Rob Parker the other day, who hated the Max Crosby signing, and he said, I have a quarterback. I'm not sure why you would let your best player in the building walk out because you don't have a quarterback yet. Look at he was wrong, then you're wrong. Now the draft hasn't happened yet. This is what I think they're aligned to do right now. In the draft. I would trade down a few spots to collect some more picks. I would go with gent so that you have a cash cow running back and block him from the Broncos. They love that guy. I don't want Nicks and Genty together in my division, and the Raiders, obviously without Josh Jacobs they need a great running back. Would do that, and then at the top of the second I would draft Jackson Dart, who we know needs a year or maybe two to sit behind a couple of quarterbacks, and that could be Geno Smith and AOC. So I'm not mad at it, but I would be kind of mad at it if they don't get Jackson Dart in the draft.
Speaker 3: Well, I know you're trying to rationalize things, and I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm staying. You love the Raiders, I got you. But you hired Tom Bradley.
Speaker 3: You don't even hire he bought part of the team to recreate the twenty twenty two Seahawks.
Speaker 1: That's what you brought Tom Brady in.
Speaker 3: You could have hired JJ from Renton or No Stradinis or Crying Craig or or am At the blind Seahawks fan and they'd be like, all right, leuis just sorry, Pete Carroll, We'll bring in Geno Smith, we'll recreate the team. I mean, what do you do and you're going against in that division, as you are well aware, Mahomes and Andy Reid, Sean Payton, I don't know. Bow Nicks was fine out of his great and Harbaugh and they got going on with the charges. It's just like Brady's Oh for too. He didn't get the quarterback he wanted Stafford, he didn't get the coach he wanted. This is not a good sign for Tom Brady and the Raiders and him calling the shots.
Speaker 1: It's given me vibes of Michael Jordan with.
Speaker 4: Uh boy, he's been running stem Brittany has not even had one off season yet to be with the clubs. So this is way too early for you to be grading things.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hired the oldest coach in the NFL and just acquired a thirty.
Speaker 1: Four year old.
Speaker 4: That guy does not feel like the oldest coach in the NFL. And you know it. He doesn't have the energy of our grandparents. He has the energy of my dad. My dad still works full time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, listen, we will see. Let's save this. It is a podcast. It will be saved. I will be proven correct and.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's already been a bit of a culture shift, and I'm glad Max Crosby got that money. He's got that big fat raider tattoo right on his arm. And he's been loyal. He's been a hard worker. He's not been a MEMI me kind of guy. He's been a team guy. And he got rewarded for being the first into the facility the last to leave. He worked hard for that contract. I'm glad they paid him. It's not my money. They had over one hundred million dollars to spend, so let's see what they do the rest of the offseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine. I don't it's not. It's cartoon money. Once I'm responsible for the payroll, I'll be concerned. I just it's one of those things. It's like the old Ralph Kiner line from back in the Old Baseball Player when he hit thirty seven home runs one year for the Pirates and he went into branch Ricky and said, I had like a raise, and he said, well, we can finish in the last place where we finished in last place. We can finish in the last place without you. Is that kind of eazy?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: It's like did you think Magic Johnson, the new ownership group and Dan Quinn we're going to be able to turn the Commandos around in one season.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not convinced that's guy long term staying power. I'm not one hundred percent sure. We got to see what they do for an encore when they actually have to play a tougher schedule and things like that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, let's get to the mail bag.
Speaker 3: That means Ohio Al, the great Ohio Al.
Speaker 1: It's all right.
Speaker 3: The first one up is from Barry in South Carolina. I want to I guess he's not moving. He was talking about moving to Tennessee. No update on that, so he's still in South Carolina. He was at that Mallard meet and greet we did in Charleston back in the day. He says, Yo, Yo, Ma, Benny and Danny g I saw this big board of famous celebrity fans of each NFL team. How is it possible that you are not the most famous celebrity of the l A Rams I mean Brian Cranston.
Speaker 1: Come on, you're way bigger than him. Did you see this?
Speaker 3: This, I guess has gone around social media this week and it is the celebrity fan by team, most famous celebrity fan buy team, and we got a bunch of people where, you know, the whole celebrity fan thing, like celebrity like basketball fans titles his football.
Speaker 1: Eh you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like how Snoop dog has had three d favorite NFL teams Oh yeah, yeah yeah, and Drake Drake has had what six or seven favorite NBA teams.
Speaker 3: Well back when Justin Bieber was famous whenever that was Remember, he would have a different jersey on pretty much every week, much like Snooped I Snoop Dogg. He admits it's like listen, I'll go. You know, they pay me the money.
Speaker 1: And he does a lot of these appearances and stuff.
Speaker 3: He gets paid an s load of money, but just just for us and giggles the Since Berry I sent this in, now you as the the Raider, are you the most famous Raider fan, Danny, do you think you're, well know.
Speaker 4: Probably maybe the most known Raider fan on our network. But I'm guessing ice Cube is on the top of the list for the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's not a list, it's a big board. We don't we don't do lists. We do big boards here.
Speaker 4: So what does the list say?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm putting it up right now. Huh, give me a second. Do you have any music for this?
Speaker 4: Is I trying to find or since you're looking up the Raiders done Dundun and Dundun.
Speaker 1: And Dundun, the greatness of the dunk Dun. What would it take for you to get a Geno Smith tattoo? What would that require?
Speaker 4: Super Bowl win?
Speaker 3: So if they win a super Bowl, you will get a Gino Smith And he has to be the starting quarterback.
Speaker 1: What if he plays.
Speaker 4: Terrible Super Bowl? If he if he leads the Raiders to a super Bowl win, I'll get a tattoo of Geno Smith with his arm in the throwing motion.
Speaker 1: Really and you'll put it. Will it be on your tooks? It will?
Speaker 4: No, it would be, It would be it would be on my arm next to Kobe.
Speaker 3: Oh really, that's that's hot status, that's size that all right, it's not coming up on me.
Speaker 1: Let me check now.
Speaker 3: He sent it to me with the very similar list. I had seen it, but the one he sent me came the file was pretty small.
Speaker 4: So you just called it a list.
Speaker 3: Was it was a big board. He said big board. I for some reason, I don't know why I called it a list. That's a it's not a list, it's a big board.
Speaker 1: Oh here it is. Here we go. Now I got it.
Speaker 3: Most famous lebrity fan of each NFL team. Let's see the the greatness of the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Oh, Guy Fieri, Guy Fi.
Speaker 4: They have him in front of ice cube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's listed here as the number one fan of the.
Speaker 4: He's from Santa Rosa, California. And when they were the Oakland Raiders and even now, for one day, he goes to wherever their training camp is and he busts out a huge trailer, one of those barbecue grills that's pulled by a truck. Yeah, and he barbecues for the entire organization all day long.
Speaker 1: Oh cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the Raiders once a year.
Speaker 1: They live in Vegas. Now I think he lives in Vegas.
Speaker 4: I think he does. Yeah, but he's from Santa Rosa, so he grew up an Oakland Raiders fan.
Speaker 3: Let's see Bradley Cooper the biggest Eagle fan, the biggest Let's see Taylor Swift the biggest Chiefs fan. Is she really a fan of the Chiefs or she's just sleeping with one of their players. Isn't that the other guy from the office. Isn't that guy from the office The biggest celebrity Chiefs fan.
Speaker 4: Also, Phonsie is a big Chiefs fan.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, let's see biggest picking an NFL team?
Speaker 1: What do you want?
Speaker 3: Some of these people have no idea Cleveland it was the I hope this is it's st I pe Miosic.
Speaker 1: Who is that? I don't know who that is. Biggest celebrity Cleveland Browns fan. I have no idea who that is?
Speaker 4: No clue. Sorry, let's see. How about the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Forty nine ers Jeremy Renner biggest fan.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Harry Connock Junior is a Saints fan. Why is he a Saints fan? That makes sense?
Speaker 1: John Bonjobi likes the Patriots.
Speaker 4: But the Panthers. We don't know any Panthers fan.
Speaker 1: That's actually Big Mike who works in Fox Sports Radio. Big Mike. I know Stephen Curry Stepan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, grew up there. Yeah, I've seen video of him there, like hitting the the gong or whatever they do before the game starts. Yeah, I think it is like the Gong Show.
Speaker 3: There, says Rob Lowe's a Colts fan. Why is Rob blow a Colts fan from Indianapolis? I don't know like some some of them about M and M Allons fan. That's obvious, right.
Speaker 4: That's who's the biggest status New York Giants fan?
Speaker 3: Hugh Jackman huge. I know that I know who Hugh Jackman is. But you think he's really a Giants fan. He's not from you know, the States or whatever. Maybe he is Adam Sandler Jets fan. That's about right, but he's from New Hampshire, Adam Sandlers from the Poor Guy.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Well that ends to the celebrities post Malone by the way, cowboy fan post Malone?
Speaker 4: You think that's you think he's a country singer?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Is he allegedly? Yeah, he released a country album.
Speaker 1: Is Blake?
Speaker 3: Is Blake Shelton from Arizona? Why is he an Arizona Cardinals fan? Then says he's the number one question a Cardinals fan?
Speaker 1: That makes no sense. That's stupid.
Speaker 4: Maybe is he from Oklahoma? And let me see, I'm gonna look down all right?
Speaker 3: You listen to our live coverage thanks to Berry in South Carolina. We are analyzing celebrities and breaking down as their relationship to NFL teams, and Barry sent us this list and then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was right. He's from Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: So why the f would he be a Cardinals fan. That makes no sense, Like I don't like so stupid. George Clooney's a bank supposed he a Bengals fan. I get.
Speaker 3: He's from Cincinnati. His dad was a TV anchor in Cincinnati. Jeff Garland's from Chicago. He's the number one Bears fan. Like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: You know how football went when we were kids. Some of our friends had strange teams because like, oh, my uncle is a Bills fan, so I'm a Bills fan. And the person had never been to Buffalo before. We all know people like that.
Speaker 3: There are those are rare birds, but it's more likely. You know, It's like guys around our age, Danny. It's like you are Laker, Yankee, Dolphin fan or Cowboy fan, right because the teams that were good right around the time you were like ten or eleven nine ten, If you.
Speaker 4: Were, we're a damn bandwagon writing little kid. We used to make fun of kids at elementary school that were like that, like you're not a fan of And then when the Patriots got good. You remember the old Patriots logo with Steve Grogan. They didn't have a lot of fans back then.
Speaker 1: I love that logo.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorite logos, the pat Patriot taking a dump logo. Much better, much better than the flying Elvis logo, which they've had for thirty years out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then okay, after Kobe, when the Lakers went through a little bit of a lull, there were all these sudden Warriors fans. Remember there were some people in northern California that had been Laker fans and then started wearing Steph Curry jerseys. We've seen this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we have.
Speaker 3: It's there's some weird combinations, and a lot of them in LA because they had no NFL team for thirty well almost thirty years when the Rams and Raiders left. So you've got a Dodger forty nin er fans. There's a lot of Dog conty Niner fans, which is very.
Speaker 4: And still a lot of Rams and Raiders fans. But you're right, besides the two teams who called this place home for a long time, it was just like a gumbo mix of different teams on TV every Sunday and different fans you would see because so many transplants live in southern California.
Speaker 1: All right, what else do we have on the mail bag?
Speaker 3: Let's see here, Ryan from Shrewsbury, mass Writes and he says, hello boys. Over the last couple of POT episodes, you guys have talked about some restaurants and food. I love the foodie fun on the Friday episode. So my question is this week here in Worcester County, I discovered that.
Speaker 1: We have a raising canes.
Speaker 3: He just discovered it, right. I heard it's good chicken. You guys have talked about it here and there. Out of all the chicken fast food restaurants, where do you rank raising canes on Benny's big board? See not a list Benny's big board.
Speaker 4: Oh man, another big board?
Speaker 1: Yeah, raising canes, Ryan is at the very top. Now.
Speaker 3: I have been fortunate in recent years my father in law relocated. He lives half the time in North Carolina. So I've been down to the south a little bit and I've gotten to enjoy bo Jangles.
Speaker 1: I've enjoyed that. What else have I had?
Speaker 3: I've had pretty much every Southern like there's a lot of chicken fast food chicken places in the South Zaxby's, and I have Canes at No Burrow.
Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 3: Now I have my top three again not a list Terry in England or Danny g a big board, but I have Canes at number one. I will put Chick fil A at number two. They can't be number one. They're not open on Sunday. So you want chicken on Sunday, you're screwed. And I like the Boat Jangles. I put Boat Jangles at number three. What about you, Danny your big board of chicken, Danny G's big board of Chicken.
Speaker 4: I would go raising canes number one. Number two would be a throwback. There's only one location left in all of Los Angeles, and that is Pioneer Chicken.
Speaker 3: Oh Og Pioneered chap Yeah that was big in our day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Pioneered Chicken.
Speaker 4: It sure was the logo the guy in a wagon.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 4: Grandma used to have this tradition where she would go through the Pioneer Chicken drive through, get a couple of buckets of fried chicken, throw folding chairs in the back of her station wagon, sneak two kids in for free, pied them under a blanket. And then when we got inside the drive in theater, you know, all the kids came pouring out of the station wagon and she would give us paper plates, smack a couple pieces of fried chicken on each plate, and say, shut up, there's your dinner. Enjoy the movie, all right.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: That's how you take care of children, right there. That is the proper way to handle kids. Just here, shut up and eat and watch the movie. That's all you need right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so really, I mean, I don't even know who I would put third. The down south spots you've mentioned. I've not been to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. I thought I was gonna like Zaxby's. Zaxby's was fine. I didn't hate it.
Speaker 3: Maybe the place I went to didn't serve it as fresh as they could have. But bo Jangles, I thought was better than Zaxby's, and they're all right out.
Speaker 4: So what do you think about Popeye's chicken sandwiches?
Speaker 3: I like Pope Pope's chicken sandwiches as solid.
Speaker 1: It's better chick Chick fil A.
Speaker 4: I love their nuggets and they have a pretty good original sandwich, and I love their original sauce.
Speaker 3: My problem with Chick fil A is it's like eating Chinese food. You're hungry. They don't the portions aren't big enough. I feel like you got to get a lot of food there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's expensive.
Speaker 3: It is expensive, and so they don't have drink refills. Canes says, you can fill up your drink as many times as you want, like little things like that that do add to the cost. But Ryan and Joy, you go to Canes. I go caniat combo Veteranon Keane's move. You can have the bread toasted on both sides if you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get an extra piece of the bread too.
Speaker 1: No Coleslaw extra fries that nobody wants coleslaw. I you're eating fried chicken. You don't want coleslaw.
Speaker 3: So anyway, JJ writes in from Parts on, he says, hey, guys, what did you think of Lebron confronting steven A Smith this week at a Laker game over Bronny James. Yeah, Danny g our former morning guy steven A Lebron confronting him. It's a terrible look for Lebron. I think it's good for steven A. It's bad for Lebron. What does Lebron care with steven A youre Lebron F and James, what do you care about stephen A Smith?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: I think he thought we talked about this on a previous episode where Lebron thought he had like a pretty cool relationship with him. And then one morning steven A woke up on the wrong side of bed and he said purtypical parrot, stop it, and like went on this whole rant and it made a lot of headlines and I think that that rubbed Lebron the wrong way. So mostly Lebron I think, got too to talk to him about it because of that one incident on live television that morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you want to do that, and there's ways. I'm sure Lebron has stephen A's phone number and you can reach out to him, or you can you can do it somewhere where it's clandestine, where you're not you new cameras are on you, it's gonna get out and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: And yeah, but you know what, the other morning, stephen A explained the whole situation. He should have doubled down and defended his tape. Instead, he was like, uh, you do not want to make an enemy out of me, But he should have said that. But instead he said or things Lebron thought he heard. It's like, well, no, he did hear it because you said it on live TV and.
Speaker 1: You were right.
Speaker 3: I mean, and that's one of the takes that's been validated. Bronni James is the NEPO baby does not deserve to be in the NBA.
Speaker 1: It's a total joke.
Speaker 3: It's an embarrassment to basketball, even though he's mostly in the G League, but he is. He's got a guaranteed contract with the Lakers for multiple years.
Speaker 4: It's just an embarrassing situation. It's yeah, they don't need Bunny. They're on the way to the finals without them, Clippers.
Speaker 3: It's just gonna be heart heartbreaking. I will be here to enjoy the demises you will.
Speaker 1: I will be.
Speaker 4: The team that you had going to the play in game. They're in the two seed right now.
Speaker 1: Well it's right now. The season's not not over.
Speaker 4: Well that's all we have is right now, as you told me to start the show.
Speaker 1: I'll look at you. You're using my material.
Speaker 3: I'm honored. I'm flattered. Mike from Saint Paul writes in on the mailbag. He says, guys, should we send in special protection for Diddy and Luigi.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: He says he sent me.
Speaker 3: A story here that they are targets of thugs in prison. I guess they're at the same prison in Brooklyn, and prison gangs have put a bounty on Diddy and Luigi Mangioni, the guy that he's the guy that killed the insurance dude, remember, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's so. Mike wanted to know if we were.
Speaker 4: Worried one of the guy that some of the women in our country wanted to give a pass to because they thought he was kind of cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they want to have his baby's stuff. Yeah, I'm not really worried about Diddy and Luigi. I'm okay.
Speaker 3: That seems like, Mike, what do we call it, danny tabloid fodder? Click on a tabloid is what it sounds like to me. But what do I know?
Speaker 1: I think they'll and.
Speaker 4: That one dude. What do you think his jail mail looks like? Do you think he has like some wedding proposals?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, women are probably sending naked photos and stuff.
Speaker 1: He's oh my god, but.
Speaker 4: There's some sick, twisted women out there who want to marry a guy behind bars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't the Menendez brothers get married.
Speaker 3: One of them did, at least their.
Speaker 1: Parents and they if all these women were like, what's up with that?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: The there's certain women love the bad boy. You know, I want to, but you can't rehab that he's in jail, like he's not gonna get out right.
Speaker 4: It's one of the reasons Brenda was attracted to me. I'm a two time NFL book I'm champion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there have been rumors the Bookham may be returning, by the way to the Ben Malors Show.
Speaker 1: We'll see about that.
Speaker 3: As we talked about previously, Dave from North Carolina right said he says they've been and Danny, I know I've been.
Speaker 1: You like talking about restaurants.
Speaker 3: Are you excited about Cracker Barrel as they are according to Dave here a seven hundred million dollar overhaul of Cracker Barrel? Are you Are you excited? I don't know that excited would be the right word. I don't think that would be the right word. I don't I've only been to Cracker Barrel a few times and I thought it was it was good.
Speaker 1: I don't know what what do you? What do you trying to do?
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're gonna do to make it they get better. It's southern cooking. Have you been you've been a cracker barrel, I've assumed, Danny at some point. Yes, they're they're around now there's.
Speaker 4: Now the family's eating there a couple of times without me. They got to Oklahoma one weekend for Dad's weekend for for the Sooners, remember, and I went there from Vegas. So the family was already there and they sent me pictures they were eating at a cracker barrel without me. Oh dare they? And then there's one in camer Rio, California. They ate there one day without me. So I'm o for two.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I mean it's uh, it's good. You walk in.
Speaker 3: They have a store you can buy, you know, a little trinkets and crap.
Speaker 4: My girl bought baby CoA a pair of little cowboy boots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because what more do you need.
Speaker 4: In their gift shop the old country store.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a brilliant strategy because you go in there normally it's pretty busy. If you go at rush hour, you gotta wait for a table, so you're waiting for a table. And then they have a gift shop so you can buy crap while you're waiting for a table. But they do think about cracker barrel. They give you pretty big portions. So you're going out to you know, I don't eat out much anymore, but you want out to eat, you need decent portions of food. We're just talking about Chick fil A, how good it is, but they don't give you enough food where you're gonna end up feeling full. According to the story that was sent by this gentleman, he says they're going to reboot the menu and there they've added new options hash hash brown, casse role, shepherd's pie, and pot roast.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: I don't need shepherd's pie pot roast. No, that sounds like I want to pe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what some family members ate when they were waiting for their check.
Speaker 3: I don't want anything to do with that. All right, a couple more quick ones. Let's see here al from Benny's after party. I'm still a bit hungover from the Bennies after parties. I'm writing as I'm writing this, but I will say that I I'm truly blessed and humbled by the support of all those in the Mallet Militia and honored that honored me this past week with their votes. Never did I think that I would ever win at Benny let alone two. So for that I am eternally grateful to all the legends.
Speaker 1: That were nominated.
Speaker 3: I tipped the cap because you are the ones who will make me want to set my alarms at such an ungodly hour to bond over our favorite radio show and family of radio family. Finally, to you, Ben and Danny, thank you for the entertaining, for entertaining us all these years, including those of us all in fun and keeping us smiling throughout all the difficult times.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: One more thing, Ben, how much blowback did you get from the nomination committee when you tossed my name into the ask Ben category? About ninety nine percent? Sure that ask Ben is totally different than this mail bag which you read my questions every week. And I'm batting way below one hundred on ass Ben. Yeah, So there was a committee alf that it was involved in that, and it's not everything's gonna be perfect, but you won too many awards, and so move on to twenty twenty six and we're good Mike and Fullerton writes and says, Hey, Moneyball Mallar and Danny g Ben. You've said you got your highest ratings ever on the show during COVID when you were covering marble racing. Do you think COVID maybe had nothing to do with it and that people just really like marble racing? Have you considered bringing it back to find out? Also put me down for twenty Ben mallor meme coins when they come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mentioned this Danny, that somebody had reached out to me said hey, we can do like a Mallard Militia meme coin. And I'm not interested because I'm worried. Danny, it's a scam and I'm gonna end up in prison. I rotate nuts like that that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is like the Hawkta Girl scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm dumb enough where I'll be like, oh, yeah, I use my name and then next thing I know, I'll have the Feds.
Speaker 4: At my door. I'd be like, all right, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I don't need I don't need that. But that's that's funny seasons. Great idea, Mike and Fullerton, all right, last one. This is from uh who's from Jeff from Parts unknown. You idiots got to say where you're from or else. I'm not gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Just just takes two seconds. Put a city down, even make it up. I don't care, Uh says hey.
Speaker 3: Lauren Sanchez and Jeff Bezos have set the date for their wedding.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 3: You mentioned in the past that you had dinner with Lauren Sanchez when she was a media member in Los Angeles. What will you be wearing to the wedding of the century. Uh, well, Jeff, I'm sure of my invitation. I've not got my invitation yet. I'm sure it's on the way though, right, I'm sure it's in the mail Danny right.
Speaker 4: Maybe in your company inbox that you never check.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maybe they send it to that's right, the world's richest man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, probably an evite. It's an evite. You got to check your workI.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, very nice.
Speaker 3: Apparently it's it's going to be a winter Wonderland wedding and Aspen, I think it, says your Asspen.
Speaker 1: I don't know though, maybe not.
Speaker 3: It's a tabloid report that Jeff said. But the date has been set and it'll be worth up to two and a half million dollars. The pink diamond ring she got worth two and a half million dollars long Sanchez takes us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, good for her, But geez, you.
Speaker 4: Know, they wipe their button with one hundred dollar bills. They light cigars with fifties. It's just sickening how much money they're wasting on their stupid wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty wild. Yeah, I think I'm good on that. You know, I'm busy whenever the wedding is. Unless they want to pay me a billion dollars, maybe I'll go.
Speaker 4: Well, if you open up your work email, you're going to find out you have another forty minute video to watch for company policies.
Speaker 1: Oh no, don't tell me that. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get out on that. I gotta go back to work tonight. And on the other show, the Overnight Show, be back doing that. Yeah, but when supposed to be an octagon an hour four, as Tony from the Bay Area has challenged Marcel in Brooklyn. So we'll see if that actually happens or not. Yes, but it's supposed to take place an hour four.
Speaker 1: Danny, you're back. I assume normal week this week for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know what. This is the week every year that Covino and Rich take off after the super Bowl. Is like the post super Bowl week that a lot of hosts get to take. Yeah, this is that week. So yeah, it's gonna be Dan Byer and Moncy Bolognos filling in on the CNR time slot.
Speaker 1: Are you taking the week off to are you working?
Speaker 4: I'm I'm out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well enjoy.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go somewhere fun. We have an inn on a hotel where they have a discount. It's in beautiful Recita, California, so we try to go there for a three nights stay.
Speaker 1: Is either that or Van Eyes and you picked your seat?
Speaker 3: All right, Well, have a fun time whatever you're doing there, Danny, I'll be in all week, normal week, God willing and enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you next time. Thanks for listening to the podcast all week and we appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the numbers have been amazing. Thank you so much. And remember pass it on to at least one friend or family member this weekend.
Speaker 1: Or enemy even I don't care who, as long as they listen. It doesn't matter whether you like him or not.
Speaker 4: You do not want to make an Ene meet a meet exactly.
Speaker 1: Don't know what you're messing with.
Speaker 4: Later, Skater gotta murder, I gotta go