Speaker 1: What happened on the on the first reception when they should have been up they handle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I should have handed it off, as simple as that. You know, it was an option play with George coming backside to toss it to him. You know, once I pulled it to go toss it to him, wasn't there. So I tried making something up and just scrambling to the right. At that point, I gotta know that the linman a downfield, and I just gotta try to get what I can get. But to throw the ball in itself would be a penalty, and I gotta be better. So I saw Elijah on the corner of the end zone. Tried making something happen there, but regardless, it would have been a penalty.
Speaker 1: So that's on me.
Speaker 2: Fuck, how you.
Speaker 1: Only cleared yesterday?
Speaker 2: How do you feel like you were?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I felt a one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You know, all week, my symptoms and stuff weren't as bad and compared to many other concussions that the team has had, and I was doing fine and was was doing great for each phase of the protocol. And then when I got cleared, we all, we all thought I was gonna get cleared, and sure, enough.
Speaker 1: I did so I fell one hundred percent going into this game.
Speaker 2: He took a pretty hard hit.
Speaker 1: Your head hit the turp pretty hard.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, it's just the typical whiplash of a play like that. You know, Uh, head goes back, hits the ground. But you know it's like any other body part, you get hit and shake it off a little bit.
Speaker 1: So I'm good from that. When you guys were you were making it a point every week to say, I'm not gonna let all this attention defind me or who I am or what I'm probably go about my job. And maybe it's maybe it's easier to do that when you're winning and now you've been tested with restrain losses.
Speaker 2: What's you're what what you're thinking now? Yeah, obviously I want to be better, you know, for this team, for this organization. Just taking care of the ball and some crucial parts of the games. You know, that's that's the NFL, man, It comes down to it. You're not going to just blow teams out every week. It's you take care of the ball and you gotta play good team team football.
Speaker 1: And you know that's where I'm at with that.
Speaker 2: But in terms of yeah, you have three losses, and as a quarterback, you take a lot. I take that on myself where I could be better for this team and helping us win. But man like who I am and what I stand for, that that doesn't that doesn't change. Everyone can say what they want, but I know who I am as a person, and you know, my faith, my relationship with God is the most important, and I'm going to continue to rely on that. It's gotten me to this point in my life. And I'll always be with God and stay firm with God, so you know he'll take care of me regardless. So how would you diagnose you thirty plus every game last three seam? How would you diagnose what's kind of going wrong?
Speaker 1: Offensively? We are kind of like the main focuses as you go into mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's just finishing drives. You know, we'll get the ball moving and we'll start rolling at first downs, and then you know, there's just some third downs that we gotta convert, convert and be better at. Especially down in the red zone. There's you know, points to points to be put up for us, and you know, whether that's a field goal or obviously converting a they're down and continuing the drive to score.
Speaker 1: Like it's as simple as that.
Speaker 2: We're just handcuffing our stuff with ourselves with certain certain plays and that's that's really what it is. But you know, we'll move the ball and feel good about it, but we just gotta continue to finish those drives. It's as simple as that. So yeah, I love the.
Speaker 1: Absences of Divo and Trent Actor who is.
Speaker 2: Lack of chat.
Speaker 1: Really love him, honestly. I think the old line has done a great job. You know.
Speaker 2: Obviously Trent is probably is the best in the league obviously at his position. So yeah, of course we won't trying out there debo.
Speaker 1: As well for how explosive he is.
Speaker 2: But you know, we got there's still plays out there we made and and we're still moving the ball. This offense is good. The players that we have in it is good. To have the guys back would be great. Obviously, they're really good and we love playing with them and they bring just a juice and energy to the offense that we need for sure.
Speaker 1: But yeah, simple as that. How do you.
Speaker 2: Balance playing free but also pressing in those late game situations where you've had some of those turnouts. Yeah, yeah, there's definitely gotta be a fine balance to that. It's like, man, trusting the play, trusting what we're trying to do, uh, the boys trying to get open, the offensive line and the protection, the play call, trusting that and then you know, if it's not there, try to make something happen, but don't force it and clearly and towards the end of the game up that's what I was doing, was, you know, starting to force things and not see things clearly. You know, with the second pick to IUK, it's like, man, you know, don't force things and let the game come to you and and if it's not there, then try to make something happen. But even when you're trying to make something happen, be smart with it as well. So definitely a fine line to it. And I had to learn the hard way today. Having the week now, see that again, how do you you have week? It is the timing of it. Yeah, I mean, obviously going into the bye week, it's like, ma'am, you wanna win, have some momentum created for the second half of the season. You know, to to have a loss like that, you know, it hurts, you know, Now we have to wait fourteen days to play our next game, for our next shot, our next opportunity, and it and it hurts.
Speaker 1: We have a bad taste in our mouth.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, it's like, ma'am, I got this is a good gonna be a good time for us to do some reflection. And I think all of us are really hungry for, you know, the second half in this in this stretch that's about to go down, so we'll be ready for it.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Thanks,